Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought you by Bet three six five. It's me Joey Pa. Jopis a p of that of course, is the wel should make sure if you're doing your baseball wager and you're doing it at Bet three six y five and using that promo code leading Off bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. It's always a bonus whenever we get to spend quality time. No desserts today, which I'm a little bummed out about. I'm not gonna lie, but some good stuff here already in the chat. I want to start with this from The Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks Leeji, friend of the show for I think since inception. Yesterday Joey p was talking about all the other characters on the show, Cousin, Donnie, Walkee, Pengman, all the people. But what the show really needs is a theme song, and a theme song written by Ai Welsh. It's hard to argue that this isn't the best idea that we're gonna see all month.
Speaker 2: But now who sings it? What is the Ai voice of Leading Off?
Speaker 1: I don't know I don't know what that sounds like. I mean, I can only assume it sounds something like, Oh boy, you guys like leading Off? I sure do. I love leading Off. It's the best show in the world. We love baseball. Oh, Jackson Holiday, you're adorable.
Speaker 2: Why does he know? He's like the cartoon character from Shrek, like not my com drop button.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's very Pinocchio. Yeah, it's some hybrid of all those things. But let's get after. We've got a lot to do today, and of course it's Thursday, and that means we're gonna be prospecting with the Welsh. Hopefully we can get that pick axe out of your head from that graphic. If you haven't already, make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel as always and click that bell for notifications. Ring it till it goes ding. Let's start here with ten or how nine strikeouts for him, beautiful complete game, shutout over the Guardians. We were in on this bunch of ching. So I had a good day yesterday on the betting side, which is good. I needed it in the worst way of being stone cold for about ten days now. But again, breakouts happen. Baseball's a long season. Pace yourself. Also Welsh fun fact, it was the fastest game since twenty ten. An hour and forty nine minute baseball game. That's barely enough time to wait on the line for beer or to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Whoa was it really? I mean, this is that whole you know, pitch clock and pace of game type of stuff. We've seen tons of minor league games push into two hours. It's something the experiment with the Arizona Fall League for quite some time. But under two hour games are wild to me. I didn't realize that it was that quick. I'm kind of down for it. I don't, you know, like the dragged on games or something about four and a half hours invested into like a twelve inning game or something that makes you want to dunk your head and water. So our forty commitment, that's pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Donnie c cousin Donnie says, do it ninety six com style. It might have to be we might have to figure out how this works. Oh great, I mean it should be like me turning around like, oh my, just as Joe Pi's appeal under it. You know, that's a great At a baseball game, he goes to catch a foul ball or like the nights found ball away from a kid and then like crying, and he's like this, He's like, actually, that's my Mayor's bit.
Speaker 2: And then you and I are and then and then pans to you and I were like, Mike.
Speaker 1: Here's so bad, Mike Mayor? All right, but yeah, if quick games are good, it's good for baseball. I like it. I got more fun facts I got. I got a bunch of fun facts. Today. Christopher Sanchez struck out ten unearned run allowed over six scorelessittings against the Rockies. Yes again, we said the same thing yesterday. It wasrez, We'll say it against the Rockies. Who cares, I'm telling you, Welsh, I was worried about the only thing that worried me a little bit about my wager this year about the Phillies winning that division was one thing was a back end of this rotation. I don't think I'm worried anymore. Those guys are stepping up, Sanchez, Suarez, all these guys are stepping up, the guys at the top. I know you can count on, Welsh. It feels like the Phillies are the team to beat in the East. For me, I don't know if that's what you've gotten so far. Look, losing Spencer Schreider is that was that one thing too that I was most fearful of. If Strider goes down, What does the rest of this rotation look like for Atlanta? I don't care how good the offense is. What are your thoughts on the philm so far this year in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we've seen Wheelers had absolutely no run support early on in this year. Aaron Nola up until that last game had been kind of but like you said, you had Ranger and Christopher Sanchez just absolutely lifting the team up. So it's great. Sanchez is a great fantasy option. His changeup has been incredible, big sweepy stuff. Like a team like the Rockies. He's going to absolutely dominate. But it's not unheard of to think that he's going to be more than a nine K per guy all season long, with maybe better earned run numbers and stuff like that. So I'm into both of those guys. And if you're talking about the grand scope of it, yeah, this team's pretty dangerous. They've got depth in the bullpen. It would probably behoove them to go and make a move a little bit more in the bullpen, or like the Diamondbacks did where they had the rotation kind of set and then they're like, hey, we're going to go and pull the trigger on Jordan Montgomery. They could go out and just get one more piece to make that a robust rotation and a robust pitching staff. When they're offense pretty dang good. It's a pretty dang good offense that just needs to click, and it has really started clicking. I mean every year they do the same thing.
Speaker 1: They start off slow and they get red hot, and then they make the playoffs and you know, we'll see where they can gauge this year. But look, I think this might I picked the Phillies to go to the World Series too. I think it's the Phillies year. I just I feel like that's it's, you know, one of those teams where it just feels right to me. It feels like they are knocking on the door. And it's one of the few places that has a home field advantage. There's a lot of places aren't a home field advantage, and Philadelphia's still one of them. That place is raucous, it's loud, it's tough building to play in the playoffs. It's it's something that's for sure. Here's one from Star Platinum to do the theme song to the Curb Your Enthusiasm song. I do only can get the rights to that, but I would like that that would be this, that would be the theme playing over my bets for the last seven days. That would be.
Speaker 2: But see, that's where AI could come in, as you could do like, you know, like a curb or office type theme. Ask AI to do it again.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Does AI make news. I don't even understand the whole time everything.
Speaker 1: I'm actually artificial intelligence right now. I'm ninety you're the intelligence. I'm the intelligent. There you go. All right, let's talk about some guys who had some big starts. Yesterday we previewed them. Now we're gonna talk about the aftermath. Kevin Gosman one run over five innings fastball velocity was at ninety four point eight. He topped out at ninety seven to nine. That's a good thing. Obviously, fourteen swinging strikes, so good start from Gossman era still at eight. But I think let's start with Gosman here real quick. Welsh, I felt good about the start. I think everybody should. Do you agree? Yep?
Speaker 2: This is that what we talked about, like, hey, don't freak out, don't lose your minds, buy in on some of those elite guys, and Gosman's starting to get it back going.
Speaker 1: Now. Max Freed gave up three runs and five innings. He walked four guys, gave up seven hits. Now it's the astro. So again the level of difficulty a little bit different here. But we were greating Gosman against the Yankees, so it makes sense to great Freed here against the opponent. And against the opponent, it was kind of a shaky start here for Freed. So what's your panic mode on him?
Speaker 2: I've been a little panic mode already, Like he was one of the wish it wasn't Logan Gilbert. It was like Freed and Logan Gilbert were like the guys that I was a little like not into coming into the year. Gilbert's been amazing, Freed has not. The early walks. Is it's either gonna be this bad trend that's gonna continue going and it's gonna put him in really bad spots, or it's a complete anomaly. I'm not super super into Max rate. I don't think he's looked really consistent, and I just wasn't like an elite, elite guy. So it's a little like my narrative base because like Goswen, I'm like, oh, he's good to go.
Speaker 1: He was. The health was a question going into the season. I put him as a red flag pitcher in the Black Book this year with good reason. And here we are and Strider's already gone. If Freed isn't right, this is a problem for Atlanta, and it's gonna be a problem as the season starts to go on because you know other injuries are gonna happen. It's just the nature of the beast. So it's already April and already in here it's bad. Michael King was good, though very good. Ten strikeouts for him, just two walks against the Brewers. Hee had noel yelg in the lineup, but still seventeen miss swings here, twenty five call strikes, one hundred and nine pitches on this one. A lot of the data good. Ninety six miles an hour was where he was sitting at so look, this was this was good. Here. He's now two and one with a three ERA, so this makes me feel really good because another bad outing for Michael King was gonna start to worry me just a little bit. This one was not just good, it was dominant. Now I feel really good and I feel stupid because I had him on my bench in one or two leagues. I was like, Oh, let's just kind of a show me start here. Well he showed me I'm wrong for sitting him. What do you think about Michael King's start yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very very encouraged about it. You mentioned seventeen swing and missus with for a forty percent swing and whiff rate. In this game, he had a thirty nine percent csw His fastball was getting stuff done. He actually had a fifty three percent with rate on the fastball. His sweeper is just great. Villa was kind of up across the board, which was a good sign. He looked pretty consistent. I mean, he's a little walk heavy, he gets a little like walky, but he gets a strikeouts, he gets a swing and missus And this is that version of Michael King that I was trying to sell in the preseason that he could be elite like this. And the dude had a no hitter going through like five or six innings, so very very encouraged, great opportunities. If people were just kind of down on the slow start, which, by the way, you know, face the Dodgers multiple times to start the year, it might be a little bit of a more difficult struggle. And Michael King is really coming into himself and those whiff numbers are very very encouraging because it looks like the starter version of him from last year, and that's what I love so much.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at some of the you know, rps and cracker jacks of the chat and I'll often wonder, you know, people will come into this madness here who've just found this channel this year. The amount of inside jokes that are already like just for like two years are hilarious, like Michael talking about Schwarberfest being back again. I mean like things like that. I just get imagine what people are, like, what are they talking about? Like, what are these crazy lunatics talking about? Stick with us, watch us live, you'd be part of the lunatic that's the way to go. Thing was the quahah thing, which, by the way, I am so depressed because they closed the Wah Wah after a decade of living in this town. They closed the small little wah wah on the corner of my Stree wah Wah. Well you, oh no, the wahwah. The waha is the push you go for breakfast, sandwiches and coffee, and it's the place you go out for. You know, you stop by for a lunch, or you're you're driving back from somewhere where you're going to the beach that day. You get some Hogi's. You get a hogi at the wah Wah. I'm so mad just because it wasn't a big enough wah wah. They closed it because they didn't have a gas station of wah wah. It's our little wah wah. You took it away from this and I'm mad about it. I'm pounding the table about it.
Speaker 2: You're getting paid for every wah wah you mentioned there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but they should be a sponsor the show.
Speaker 2: We don't have those here. We don't have those here.
Speaker 1: So Ezekiel Tovar three for five with a run scored. He is slashing three zero six, three sixty three four eighty six with three homers two steals in his first eighty played appearances. I love this. He was one of our late pick guys. Elie de la Cruz his fifth home run yesterday, and Juan Soto three for three with homer. So obviously good things from wan so will continue. Here's some fun stuff. Farrest Whitley came up. Fares Whitley goes down obviously because Verlander's coming up. Today's Jack Lighter's debut, so we'll be obviously talking about that tomorrow. Mason Miller struck out two in another scoreless ninth inning, and his Sterio Ruiz apparently came back as a power hitter. He is reincarnated. He's still a base being another home run too. Are you buying the power of a story Ruiz?
Speaker 2: This is actually the first thing I saw him when he was in Complex Ball and he was a Royal at the time before he got traded to the Padres, and I thought he was like an Alfonso Soriano light. He had big power double. He led the Complex League rookie ball at the time in doubles. It's always been there. It's just been how to tap into it is what's fallen apart. They sent him down this year because they said his bat stunk. He kind of heated every call. He started walking more, he got on base, and you're seeing just a resurgence in the power. He's not a twenty home run hitter, but like, could he hit fifteen in the season if he was for high contact? Yeah, I kind of.
Speaker 1: Well, he's still sixty bases at his fifteen home runs.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is the top, he's the first round talent, but he's not got all.
Speaker 1: I mean, the problem is easy hits.
Speaker 2: Two ten, you know, or two twenty. But the A's have already kind of made this commitment, Like if he doesn't hit, he's not sticking around. So I don't know, I'm encouraged, and a lot of you might have had opportunities to pick him up being sent down, people dropping him. He's kind of a must ad right now, especially because his opportunity is back.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to some more fun things here. Last year, I just I saw this and I'll show and I just want to bring it up here. Last year, for there were three point five thousand stolen bases in Major League Baseball, thirty five hundred exactly on the button that It was the most by the way since nineteen eighty seven, which was the record high by the way three thousand, five hundred and ninety. I thought that was fascinating that in one year that they that they almost broke the record and it was the second highest number since nineteen eighty seven and baseball nineteen eighty seven. You had a lot of those guys, you know, the thirty thirty Club guys, you know, the you know, the guys like the Jose Canseco's and the you know, Daryl Strawberries of that time. There were guys who had power and speed. That was the thing. It was this big power speed combination. You had teams like the Cardinals that were you know, and that were you know, out there steeling bases, playing white herzog ball. It was a very different time. It was my peak viewing time in the mid eighties of like my youth of capturing me with baseball. But I thought that's really interesting because I wonder, now, you know, you're talking about the early game, right with the quick game hour and forty nine minutes, you're talking about the steels being up. Maybe there is this opportunity here where baseball can continue to be on this trend and hopefully get this pitcher thing straightened out. That's really fascinating. Did you know that did you know that this was the second highest total in the history of baseball? Yes? Last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I would have guessed it. The stolen bases were up percentile wise by like a dramatic margin, like dramatic, dramatic, So I gotta be honestly, I probably would have thought it was number one last year with the amount of I mean, with a Kunya and as story Ruiz and Cormick Carroll like, the stolen based numbers were not just up on the top end, they were up on everybody. And that's been kind of the key marker, which is so interesting because stolen bases went from this thing where everybody's chasing in everybody wants to get the high end stolen based guys, to it kind of being a fade from last year into this year because it's like, well, everybody's stealing more, but the elite guys are still, you know, at the tippy top. But then there's the Bryce terrangs of the world that are you know, leading baseball and stolen bases right now that we never really would have expected. But yeah, I would have thought it was number one.
Speaker 1: Rapid flashes and or boguards has been hard. Yes, I would buy him and I would buy Randy Rose Raina, both of them right now, two of my favorites. I don't know if they made the Welsh video for next week, but we shall see. Also Sabos goggles Ai song Where in the world is kentama Eta for Welsh? I support that. That's a good one that you guys don't forget now now again, all the inside jokes are unbelievable. Welcome to leading off. Here's a fun one too, The Dodger seven through nine hitters so far this year and fifty one played appearances, four doubles, four homers. Here's the slash line one two twenty seven, two thirty nine. We talked about this line of being top heavy Welsh. It's been top heavy, but the top has been so good. What happens when the top comes back down to earth and Mookie bets stopped going five for five every day?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, the team's gonna get shut out by the Nationals. That's what's gonna end up.
Speaker 1: There's talking about the way that was the only thing I get't hit yesterday was the stupid It was nine and a half. Even Vegas was like nine and a half and they got it two.
Speaker 2: Here's the Here's the thing, though, Like we can do those speculative things with the Dodgers, but like they lose one, they're not gonna lose all of them, but they lose one, they still have like Otani and Freeman or Bets and whatever. Like it's so uniquely great on the top part that like we we can't even do this pure speculation. What about the back But the depth of this team from an on offensive standpoint completely suffers. Clearly, like they have taken more of a priority to insively than it is often on the offensive side. And it's like having Gavin Lux out there every day doesn't make any sense. I think he's one of the worst offensive baseball players out there right now. So I'm not really sure what's going on. I do think they will make some type of a move. I don't know what that's gonna look like in the mid season, but I think like that is something clear, like you can't have that big of a discrepancy between the top and like not just like that those guys are so talented, but you're so bad on the back half. Like they're gonna fix that. The Dodgers are going to be the team that will fix that across the board because they got the assets to trade but have been pretty good. If theyd Michael Busch though telling you right.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, you would have been an out, that's for sure, rookie lookie. Then we get to prospecting with the Welsh. Parker Meadows his first homer. Here you go, congratulations to you, and jose Brew went over to and made an error. So I think it's time ladies and gentlemen to look for Joey low Perfido. Because Joey the Pride of Philadelphia twenty one runs nineteen hits, ten homers, twenty four ribies, two steals, hitting two ninety seven with a ninety seven OBP and eleven ninety four ops. I think people should start picking up this guy. If I made my way for a wire video today instead of yesterday, I would have added him. Welsh, what do you think about this? As we transition into more prospect talk.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll take him off the list because he was one of the prospects we were going to talk about.
Speaker 1: Joey lous Well, no, no, no, no, don't. Instead, let's get to it prospecting with the Welsh there's the pickaxe, and that's Welsh wielding it. And look at that. He's discovered baseballs and he's going to discover some prospects you need to add to your roster. So Welsh, let's start with Joey low Perfido Joey Lowe because I like to call him, although in Philadelphia be low Perfidu. That's WWA, Joey. Go get me a HOGI and a cake. Come on, Joey.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's talk about prospects that we are gonna stash. Joey Luperfdo is near the tippy top of the list. He is in this top five that I've got for you because he has been the most prolific power hitter so far in the minors. Interestingly enough, he had quite a few homers in the first couple games with a really bad low batting average, and then he has completely taken off. He's the only minor leaguer so far to have double digit homers and we're talking about like fifteen or sixteen games. He's gotten his batting average over three hundred. Those double digit homers and the power is for real. But his ability to continuously maintain high batting average is the question. There was actually a broadcast a couple of days ago when Joey Lubervito was still popping with all the Homers being at the very tippy top, and they had Astro's management on it, and they kind of poured a little bit of cold water on it, saying that he had a few little stance based things to still work on. So pretty much what they're saying is is like he kind of has like a like a lower body sense to how he approaches and comes up that I think they want him to fix something in his approach before they make this big commitment. But there's also going to be some type of a push at some point where auan offensive support and be like this guy is just too good for this level.
Speaker 1: Too good to be down there. But also jose A Bray was done like he's going to get dfaid. I think by moral day.
Speaker 2: I don't think luper Fido is going to take a first base spot. I mean he can kind of play around. He's been playing in the outfield, but they've also been playing like you know, Jack Myers, like JACKA. Myers has been out there, like like Luperfido is the guy that they can put in there, but I worry a little bit about batting average. So I think you should pick up Joey Luperfido now and stash him because I think we are in a two to three week window where he comes up, but beware that it could be a little bit open with some bad batting average.
Speaker 1: Now, one guy that did make my waiver wire video this week because he's only roster in about sixty percent of leagues now because he got hurt to start the year with Junior Camonaro, I want everybody to add him again. Let's talk about Junior Camonaro and maybe some ETAs in your opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, we thought the injury was going to really, you know, pour a massive amount of cold water on this entire situation. He missed almost two weeks, but right on his day back, smash smash, a home run, first game back, opposite field stuff. He just got crazy, pure rob power. He currently has a three four six slash in the miners right now. I mean absolutely, I'm starting over six hundred slug. His strikeout rate has been a little bit higher than you want, and that might be something that the Rays hold back a little bit. He is walking, he's got two homers, he has a stolen base an over three hundred ISO right now, and the Rais offense has been kind of ehh, like, I think they could justify it. The only problem is Esock parades has been pretty good, so when they do it, the commitment is going to have to be an Esock. Pardi is going to play maybe DH or cam and Arow and him going back and forth unless they went back to his original spot of having him be a shortstop like luper Fido. A lot of these players I'm talking about. I think cam and Aro is in that two to three week window we're closing in where you get extra year of arbitration. That's the most important thing to the Rays. But I think it's still going to be right around May. But he is at the top of the list because he's a top prospect in baseball.
Speaker 1: Joe, Yeah, all right, camon Aro. Again, we all say at James Woods, a guy who been talking about a lot, he's just been tearing it up. So any change this week over a last from the James Wood discussion.
Speaker 2: Not that there's any just massive change outside of like this ticking clock is as big as it's ever been and one thing I just wanted to point out, this is another guy three four to five slash currently big numbers two homers, fourteen runs, five stolen bases. I want to remind you he six foot seven, two hundred and forty pounds. But the most impressive thing why I think not only is he coming up soon, but he is gonna find success, is the lowered k rate. He has the same walk and strikeout rate right now twenty percent, striking out twenty percent of the time and walking twenty percent of the time, which is absolutely crazy. He had an over thirty three percent strike cut rate last year in Double A. He's good friends with Jackson Merrill. He actually spent some of the offseason with Jackson Merril. I like to pretend to my little world that he ended up getting some more plate presence and working on his strikeouts. He has got the tools of tools. When you think about the Ellis of the world, this is that guy. He's stealing a ton of bases. He is coming soon, and the Nationals are winning some games. There's only so much longer they're going to keep him down again. If May first hits and James Wood isn't up, I would be surprised.
Speaker 1: Good question here from Brandon stashing Kerstad right now? Would you hold on to him or prefer Low Berffedo. I like Kierstad better as a hitter from what I've seen, but and it's not a knock on Loperfito. I just that's how much I like Kerstad. Here's my only thing. I feel like the low Perfido pathway is sooner, Like I think right now, Kierstad's kind of stuck. You know, Cedric Walldins is a big walk off moment too, Like I don't know if there's a room at the inn right now for him. Where is low Perfido right now? I mean, the astros are struggling. They need to figure some stuff out.
Speaker 2: What do you think I agree with you on that. I'll tell you this. Kirstad's in an interesting spot because that team, that Norfolk team is ridiculous. I do believe that he's the next Oriole to come up, except if something were to happen where the Orioles kind of let go of this Jackson Holiday stuff where like Jackson Holiday, they've given him a very large rope and if they were just cut that come on. But if they were decide to cut that it wouldn't make sense for Kurstad to take his spot because rfield No Kobe Mayo, well, Karen Norby would make some sense, but I think they moved Westburg over to second, and Kobe Mayo would be a person play third.
Speaker 1: But Kurstad's about embarrassment of riches, like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: They're the bestball team, better than the White Sox right now, maybe better than the ag Yeah, maybe better than the White Sox. They would die to put that roster ock here. But seven homers for kurs Dad, you want to check out where he ranks versus luper Fido, go check out my article on fantasy pros right now for prospects to stash. You can absolutely see where he ranks as a top ten list. But I got two more in their pictures, Joe, Yeah, you want to plow through them there. The easy quick one is Paul Skeins. Paul Skeins, he's coming again May first. If he's not called up, I would be surprised. Twenty percent swinging strike great. He has an over fifty k minus walk percentage, which is absolutely absurd. Three starts though, of three innings. They are saving those bull or they're babying him. We still don't know. I'm leaning on saving those bullets and he'll be up soon. And then finally, we've talked a decent amount about him. If we are highlighting a top five stash situation here Christian Scott. Yeah, Christian Scott with the New York Mets. We've talked about his last start, ten strikeouts over five innings. He's got a four ERA, but he's got a sub one whip nineteen strikeouts and nine innings. I love the combination of the fastball slider with the splitter that he implements. And I think he's gonna be up pretty pretty soon. And there's more names over on my article, like I said, over on Fantasy Pro, so you can follow me on Twitter at is it the Welsh to see it? Ten names and even a few more names that you can keep on your watch list moving forward in the year.
Speaker 1: Ten things I love about you Welsh?
Speaker 2: Oh good one?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah there you go. Oh by the way, you know, I love Heath Ledgerd. I think that movie's overrated. My daughters love it. I think it's a little overrated. I took a lot of heat the other day at dinner about this. It's like I like it. I just think I don't know. I always wanted it to be more than it was. And I'm a big rom com kind of kind of guy. Just I don't know, not a big round I'm more when Harry met Sally, I'm kind of a prospect guy. You're a prospect guy. There you go, everybody, all right, let's get to the three up and three down. Mike Trout one for four with a homer. He just keeps hitting home runs. Kyle Schwarber Schwarberfest two more homers for him, big win for the Philadelphia Phillies and Bryce Miller. Great performance from him over the Reds. There one run, one hit over six innings, three down. My boy, Julian Oh for four, struck out three times. I don't like this. Well, he is striking out way too much. That's not his game in the minor leagues. I don't know what's going on with him. I'm a little worried. I'm a little annoyed. We'll see if it's just like a little blip on the radar, something's bothering him. Confidence that whatever it is hopefully figures it out. Also, David Bednar not good gave up three runs and two thirds of an inning, so things are going south for him very quick. Speaking of the Pirates too, Jacksonwinsky oh for four against the Mets. He's in a buck seventy two. Is Jacksonwinsky on the way to the waiver wire for a lot of teams?
Speaker 2: Uh ooh for team? I thought he was saying like the's' be like no, no, not for Pirates, but for for fantasy.
Speaker 1: I think people are like, why am I holding this guy when there's a lot of like I should be stashing a litt perfito or curestat are these guys?
Speaker 2: That's actually really good point. I was gonna say, people might be kicking themselves if they had Sewensky didn't want to drop him when guys at Clton Kowser were sitting out there. But yeah, at this point, Swensky's not playing to a level that you you should feel pot committed that you got to keep holding. Yeah, you could absolutely dump for a cursed ad or a loop Berfido if you're just looking for some production here soon, because all those guys, all the five players we just talked about, like these are in the window of the next couple of weeks. We do this next week. This is gonna be kind of similar again. Once we start going down the shroad. These guys should be coming up soon, just like hey, Jack Lder was in my article from two weeks ago. He's already up. You know you're gonna start seeing more and more of these, especially over the next couple of weeks. So yeah, better than stashing a struggling Jack Swinsky.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get high falutin here for a second with our friend here in the chat, BT fouts. He says it's never easy to adapt Shakespeare. You're right, Bet, it's not because Shakespeare is the greatest, So whenever you try to modernize it or whatever it is, you're already a step behind everything. So there you have it. Everybody either commit to doing a version of the Shakespeare play just set it in the high school, or don't do it. I'm with you, BT is very hot, but I'm talking about ten things I hate about you. It's Taming of the Shrew adapted. You see, I knew culturally you would never keep up with.
Speaker 2: That big stupid idiot I am that would not.
Speaker 1: It's remember intelligence, artificial this guy intelligence here there an HR Report's going to be filed right after this. All right, let's get to the injuries. Not too many today, thank god. Brendan Drury was held out of the line up yesterday John means not good. Another bad one for him. Five runs, five hits and a third of an inning, yikes. And then Garrett Whitlock, who we knew was going on the IL, officially went on the IL. So there you have it, everybody. But we turned the page yesterday we got hot again, or at least I did. So I'm ex to bring you today Thursday's Best Bets of the Day with Joey p and the Welsh. That's right, everybody. It's a fun Thursday limited slate, so we don't have a lot to choose from. But whenever you make your wagers, make sure you do it with bet three sixty five. Use that promo code leading off bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Welsh Gonna keep it simple today. I use the Betting Pros tools today a lot for mine because the tools are spectacular. If you haven't already download the Betting Pros app check it out. Amazing what you could do there. But also using that prop bet cheat sheet is just perfect, especially on a day like this where things are a little light, really helps you kind of zero in on the best odds of places. So give me the Cubs on the run line minus one and a half plus one forty eight against the Marlins here. I like that one a lot. Also, we've got Marcus Simeon over point five RBI you get plus money plus one sixty five on that. And then Cody Bellinger in this matchup today starting to kind of like, I feel like kick out of the slump a little bit over zero point five run scored for him at plus one forty So I think those are some really nice plus money bets on a lighter schedule today. So the Cubs on that minus one and a half run line, Marcus Seman over the RBI point five and over the run point five number here for Cody Bellinger. No parlays for me today because it's just again limited Thursday slate. But Welsh, what do you have for the people that's fun On the betting side of things.
Speaker 2: I was literally locking in a couple of those bets because not only is it like a massively low today in the amount of games they are playing, so most of them are playing in like five or ten minutes like they're early, so I don't know why they're also throwing to us early, So make sure to get your bets in. My play of the day is a later day bet though, so you got a little bit of wiggle room. And I'm going with my Diamondbacks through the first five innings. I'm taking the money line, which is plus money plus one thirty. They're going to getst the Giants and Logan Web. Ryan Nelson is on the mound, so that's why it's a little bit less, but the Diamondbacks or you're getting plus money, and the Diamondbacks are the number one scoring team through the first five innings, while the Giants are on the bottom five of the league and scoring through the first five. Diamondbacks over half of their starting roster actually has a career three hundred plus average against Logan Web. Logan Web's been okay so far this year. The Giants, they actually do worse against righties than lefties. And Ryan Nelson, though his era has been a little bit inflated, is actually a little bit better than his stats are actually showing. Xtip is over a full run lower. So I'm gonna take those first five innings, where there's actually almost a two run difference between them in scoring on the year. I'm gonna take plus money on the Diamondbacks. That's my favorite play of the day through the first five. My others, it's literally about to start up. I had someone yesterday called me the nerfy god because we've been hitting them good.
Speaker 1: This is good yesterday too, let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And this one's a little bit riskier and I say that and I'll probably lose it, but I'm going with the Angels and Tampa Bay no run first inning, the odds between like one twenty one fifth even dropping a little bit Ryan Pepio. I think that's the key, is the Rays stopping the Angels a little bit, and Pepio's on the mount, which I like, and Griffin Canning with the Rais lineup, I'm a little bit less worried about. So that's my nerf You play number two, and then finally I'm going to back Jack Lder. I did a social video on Jack Lighter for you guys to watch, and I'm going Texas money line, which is right at that like minus one to twenty marker. It's actually pretty even odds because they don't know what they're getting. But guess what, Jack Lder's been striking out guys, not walking, but he's got a home run problem. But the Tigers have not been hitting rdy super well. They have not been hitting homers super well. And I think this is actually a pretty good matchup for Jack Lider, especially in his debut. Kintamayta over ten home run on fly balls ten percent. So I'm going to back the Texas Rangers and take the money line for my third bet, because boy, it is some hard work mining for bets today with the short cities.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, and I know when it's day games, people are saying, you know, if I can't watch the show live, you know, unfortunately I'm gonna MISSUF. But this is your opportunity again. Download the Betting Pros app follow Welsh, follow myself over on betting Losing Good, follows at Betting pros dot com slash show slash Welsh and while you're there, make sure you go to Betting Pros dot com slash leading Off and join our group. Make your picks. You don't even have to make wagers, just make the picks. Remember starting tomorrow to next Friday, we're gonna be rewarding the best picker that there is in terms of the ROI, and we're gonna give you a free hat, free t shirt, something free. Here we get into Chanlasey pros. No, we get nothing. If we're the best, we get nothing. We'll go to the next person because we're men of the people here on the channel. That's what we do. But we want you to be involved with that again, download the betting pros app and I love my bets early in the morning. My favorite things at probably around by nine o'clock in the morning on Eastern time. So that's a great way, especially if you know you can't see the show and you want to get involved or see what we're in on. That's gonna be locked in there well before the show, before those one o'clock games start on the East Coast. So just wanted to get that out there. Those are the best bets all of the day for Thursday in Major League Baseball, before we get to the home run calls and and the wheel. I assume we're back, why we'll say no wheel, that's it. The wheel is There was a good question here. I wanted to pull this up from Jorge Welsh, how close is pretty soon for Christian.
Speaker 2: Scott everybody that I mentioned to you, I think we're in the two week window. Now. I don't have a magic I don't have a magic wand it might not happen, but this might be like May first right around there. I think this next week is really important because then you're pushing back any of that like extra year compensation. But all of three, all five of those guys that we talked about, MY assumption is in the two weeks. So if it May first happens so they're not up, I would be a little bit surprised, and then maybe I'm making other moves. But then the problem is just like I think they'll be up any day. But you know what, Hey, sometimes I'm right about this and then sometimes it's Christian.
Speaker 1: The Scott one would surprise me because I feel like again with Boutau pitching how well he's pitched and Sanga on his way back, I think I think that one might take longer. I could be totally like, well, shit like could be totally wrong. You never know these organizations sometimes they just flip the script. I think it would be very interesting to see, you know how Howser and Mania pitch because again manyas specifically, if he has another bed outing, you could easily move into the bullpen, Like that's a move that you could make and it would probably be better for everybody involved.
Speaker 2: So that that's like, how long do you want a talented young pitcher to be wasting good outing in triple A? How Like how many innings are they going to be comfortable with come May if Manaya is stinking or Houser stinking and not wanting to give him an opportunity.
Speaker 1: So I don't think that's see Christian Scott in April. I really don't. Definitely not. I'd be surprised, I hope. So that would be nice. You know what else I'd like to see somebody win this the Jose Ramirez autograph. Jersey, just drop your comments below on a video subscribe to Fantasy Bros MLB. Yeah, and that's it. That's all you got to do to win this, And it's time to look at the home run board and continue on. So I have fallen down here. I'm just at eight now with everybody else. Everybody else joined you, geez, everybody caught up. I've been stone cold recently, so Welsh. Now that you're back to picking your own home runs like a big boy. Who do you have today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big boy taking his own home runs. I'm back in those Texas Rangers, and I'm gonna back Adolice Garcia. So, like I said, outside of Jack Glider, I think one of the bigger home run to flyball ratios is Quentemayeda today. So I'm gonna attack for one of the bigger power hitters in adols.
Speaker 1: So there you go, there you go. I'm gonna go with Cody Bellinger again. If I'm already in invested in him, I'm gonna continue. He Actually, you know, so far this year against left handed there's been pretty good. J Puck's on the mound. He's not long for this game. Give me middle relief and I shall show you, Homer. That's what I say. So hopefully we're right about this. I'd like to get up to nine, to that top spot. That's what I'd like to do. And of course, if you want to get in on all the fun, join our discord Fantasy Bros dot Com, slash chat, join the home Run Call channel. It's fun, it's free, you have a great time there, And of course the winner is gonna get a signed Vladimir Guerrero bat. He doesn't need it, so we're gonna give it to you. That's it. Well, just was a jam hack show. Lots of talk about the youth of baseball for a light slate of Major League baseball. I felt like, as the kids say, we ate today.
Speaker 2: We cooked I think one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ate collectively.
Speaker 2: There's like nothing left by the way a giant bought my kids fan Oh the Tri Colors were number one. I was actually had no never had any of those things. My wife got very excited about the cannoli and then the kids demolished the Tri Colors a big hit in the household today. But we're not eating today because we and everyone was up super late. Now I'll sugared up last night. But yeah, you know, jam packed, we cooked today, and short slates doesn't mean we don't have lots of info for everybody. So rightfully, we were all enjoyed.
Speaker 1: There you go. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids. Enjoy your baseball