Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here, and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show, all right, Why don't we get to Israel?
Speaker 1: All right? So lot of developments here, So just to back up for a bit and give you some context. You will recall Palestinians in Gaza were forced out of northern Gaza into Conunis. They were then forced out of Conunis into Rafa. You know, have somewhere around one point three million Palestinians clustered on the border with Egypt in Rafa in what are horrifically indescribable humanitarian circumstances. Kids are literally starving to death at this point, no sanitation, no clean drinking water. They were subject to a terrible bombardment while we were all watching the Super Bowl. Over one hundred Palestinians reported dead in that you know, in that effort that led to Israel being able to secure the release of two hostages, but at the cost of more than one hundred Palestinian lives. So horrific situation in Rafa. US President Joe Biden had originally said he did not want an operation from Israel to go forward in Rafa at all. He then amended those comments and said, well, we don't want it to go forward without a plan for Palestinian civilians, to which Bbe said, Okay, no problem, here's your plan. Put this up on the screen. They want us, the United States of America, to pay for tent cities for Rafa evacuees. Israel's proposing the creation of sprawling tent cities in Gaza as part of an evacuation plan to be funded by the US and its Arab golf partners ahead of an impending invasion of a city in the Strip south, which Israel says is the last bashion of Hamas. Israel evacuation proposal includes establishing fifteen campsites of around twenty five thousand tens each across the southwestern part of the Gossa Strip. Egyptian officials said Egypt would be in charge of setting up the camps and field hospitals. The officials said plan indicates that Israel's planning an invasion of Raffa, despite US and Egyptian concerns. Cairo has said, and we covered this yesterday, that it would suspend a nineteen seventy nine peace treaty with Israel if Palestinians crossed the border from Rafa to flee and Israeli offensive. The Wall Street Journal has reported this was entirely predictable. Joe Biden, by saying you can go forward in Rafa, but you've got to have some kind of a plan for the Palestinians gave bb Netnyahu a clear green light that all he needed to do was come up with some bullshit fig leaf of a plan which is going to first of all, it's probably impossible. Second of all, puts all of the onus, not on them, but on us and other Arab golf countries. Third of all is going to only further am missa rate this already devastated population. But now he can say, look, I gave you your plan. Now we're going to go ahead with our indiscriminate over the top. In Joe Biden's words, bombing campaign that is going to take the lives of many, many more Palestinian civilians and once again displace them when they have nowhere else to go. So it is outrageous on absolutely every level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's just very common. On the Israeli part.
Speaker 2: They're like, when we have a problem, we'll just ask America to pay for it. Interesting, isn't it to bring it back to the State Department?
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't they since we seem to do whatever they want.
Speaker 3: No, I would do it too if I were them.
Speaker 2: But you know, where us and we're the ones who decide whether we get to pay for something or not, or allegedly there was a way the government was supposed to work. Our State Department was pressed on this a little bit yesterday by a journalist in terms of the policy and how they're conducting the military campaign.
Speaker 3: Here's what they had to say.
Speaker 4: We have pursued the policy that we think gives us the maximum ability to be successful in influencing how Israel conducts its military campaign.
Speaker 1: And how are you happy with the results, And.
Speaker 4: In many cases, no, absolutely we are not. We are happy with the fact that we have been able to get humanitarian assistants into Israel that is the direct result of US I'm sorry, into Gaza. That is the direct result of US intervention. But at the same time, there has not been enough humanitarian assistant said has gotten in. What levers have you used?
Speaker 2: So we have used.
Speaker 4: Diplomatical effort levers the secretary that means the secretary and the President and you and Kirby and whoever else standing up and saying wagging your finger and saying that that's not really leveraged. We have engaged with them on a at a multitude of levels at this administration. And as I kind of you look at the list that we just went through with Humera, we have seen them take steps at our urging that have had really a real tangible impact. But they have not been enough.
Speaker 1: But what levers have you?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 4: I think that when the United States of America stands up and says something publicly, it matters. But but but you have that's a leve and we and you haven't said no and we but any consequences.
Speaker 3: To my point, we have seen money or military assistance right there, I just went through, what have you gone?
Speaker 4: I think the words of the President of the United States the words of the Secretary of State matter as we've seen hold on over the top, and we have seen verage, and we have seen the government of Israel respond to it, not always in the way that we want, not always to the degree that we want or to the level that we want.
Speaker 2: So that is Matt Lee, the great Matt Lee from the US State Department Press Corps. He's been there for years. They're all afraid of him. He treats everybody. I saw him treat the Trump people that way. He humiliates the Biden people as well. But he does a great job of getting down to the uh, breaking through the BS.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll be like a like, oh, multitude, what does that mean? So you said over the top? What exactly is that supposed to be? And it's great because, look, I don't know why, but for some reason, the State Department Press as a press corps, oppressed people have not yet rigged the briefing in the same way that and they actually seem to sit there and take questions.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't call it out because I wanted to keep happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a great thing for us because we get people like Ryan and going there or Matt Lee and they don't just get a single question.
Speaker 3: They sit there. They haven't extended back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when you do, you crumble like this, look at the way that that guy came apart.
Speaker 1: Especially right now. I mean, what they're saying is complete gas lighting bullshit. It's totally apparent. They have to admit things like you know, in that beginning clip, he says, Matt Miller of the State Department Google says, we pursued the policy we think gives us the maximum ability to be successful and influencing how Israel conducted its military campaign. And the reporter says, and are you happy with the results of that? And he says, in many cases no, It's just like Joe Biden when they were asking, you know, how's the Hoofy bombing going, and he's like, oh, well, it hasn't accomplished the objectives, but it's going to continue. It's the same thing here. They know it's not working. And then Matt Lee presses the point of Okay, well, if that's not working, what leverage are you using besides you and Kirby and Biden and Blincoln whatever, wagging your finger, Oh, Israel, we don't like exactly what you're doing, which clearly hasn't worked, and Matt Miller is reduced to just like bumbling word salad of oh, we've expressed our concern on a multitude of levels, and then hackneyed cliches like the words of the United States of America matter. Clearly they don't. Clearly at this point they do not. So yet another very rough State Department briefing for Matt Miller. You know, another Brian was there as well, pressing him on the six year old who was murdered by Israeli forces alongside her rescuers. I'm going to play some of that in my monologue, but it just shows you the utter insanity of what we have washed unfold. And there was another you can't even make it up. There was yet another scoop. Biden says, Net and Nah, who's a jerk behind closed doors? Biden upset with net and Yah, et cetera, et cetera. There was yet another one of these, And it's like, how can you guys continue to print this bullshit and pretend like it matters at all? And for the Biden people who think that these leaks are somehow benefiting them, it doesn't. It just makes you look weak and pathetic, and Bibe is happy to stomp all over whatever little concerns you leak to the press about what he's doing, and happy to throw in your face some preposterous, cruel, inhumane, and outrageous plan for us to set up tent cities for Palestinians who are going to be forced out of Ratha by yet another round of insane and outrageous bombing. So that's where we are now. I did want to cover this because I think it's important to, you know, put some caveats in here about just how imminent this potential RAFA offensive is. We already had this very large bombing campaign that the Israeli's described as a diversion for their hostage rescue. So basically they had to murder dozens, potentially more than one hundred Palestinians in order to rescue their two hostages. But they say that's not the real offensive here. They're planning something much more vast. I wanted to put this in just so people know again what the caveats here are. Haretz is reporting they don't think that this RAFA offensive is actually coming anytime soon. They think that this is just basically bluster from bb that is politically advantageous for him in the context of holding onto his grip on power. Put this up on the screen from Haretz so that you can see their analysis that they say why Notta was constantly talking up a Rafa IDF operation is real. Successful raid to rescue two hostages, by the way, at the cost of massive civilian life from Rafa on Monday morning was not the operation that Netna who had in mind. But there are no signs a big IDF operation is imminent no matter what the Prime Minister says. They point to the fact that they say the IDF's deployment in the Gaza strip is the smallest it's been in over three months, with just five brigade combat teams or mainly fighting in Conunis. There are no signs of other brigades mustering near Rava on Gaza southern border. Nearly all the dozens of reserve battalions that took part in the previous stages of fighting have been demobilized and are now back home. One of the regular armoured divisions has been sent to the northern border. The IDF is unlikely to launch a major Rava operation, while an entire Division four brigade combat teams is still fighting deep in Conunis. So I just wanted to put that out there. You can make of it what you will. But at least some Israeli analysts, who, by the way, Harat's, you know, very skeptical of met Nyahoo, et cetera, et cetera. They don't expect that the big operation in Rapa quote unquote is really actually imminent and set to come. That it is more about bluster for Bbe, who wants to preserve his grip on power and sort of project to people that he's the guy who will take them to total victory. That's sort of the like catchphrase that he has adopted for his political purposes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, actually I'd be curious to hear more of what you think, because it does seem that given that they had to pull out more reservists from they already decommissioned a lot of these reserves. They have to send them back to work, they don't have a decent enough fighting force even the ones that they do. Professional soldiers could cover themselves in glory. I think we could say that given the civilian number in the population, it would take overwhelming force. The other thing is when you pair it with the video that we played of Biden and King Abdullah talking about a hostage deal, it could be do you think that this is pressure to try and achieve some sort of short term hostage deal like, because I'm very just confused as to what their actual aim here or was this all honestly just covered for that two hostage rescue operation.
Speaker 3: That's another possibility that we can't discount either.
Speaker 1: I think that there will be a major operation in Rafa. I mean, it's insane that we can't call what they already did a major operation given the civilian death toll, but just in their mind, like a lengthier, more extended bombing, ground invasion, et cetera. If I were to guess, I think that is definitely coming. As we've discussed at length, Bbe has every political incentive, along with the rest of his war cabinet, to you know, continue this war indefinitely. Not only him, but some of the quote unquote moderate members of his cabinet have been very clear that you that you know it, it's wherever they want to go in Now suddenly that's the center of Hamas and they're saying this is where the last brigades are we can't finish the job without going into Rafa, so we have to do it. We have to do it, we have to do it. So I think, because of the unequivocal nature of that rhetoric they are going in, it's a question of when, and you know, to that I have no idea. This analysis makes sense to me that they aren't really set up to do it right now. That just gives them time to sort of drag things out even longer, maybe engage in some more of these attempted hostage rescue missions to keep feeding Israeli public at least something, you know, to keep the war effort going and keep their hold on their positions right now, because still the Israeli public, I mean, their issues with Naaniaho aren't my issues with Naniaho, but they despise him and basically want him gone. So I think it's only a matter of time. But you know, as to the timing, I can't really say at this point, you did mention, let's go ahead and play that. Biden met with King of Dullah. There were previous hostage talks that seemed to fall apart. Hamas wanted the complete end to the war, in three phases that Israelis want to continue the war, the US wants to continue the war effectively, so that was kind of a non starter. Now they're floating some modified version of the deal that would lead to six weeks cessation in fighting. Let's take a listen to what they had to say.
Speaker 5: The United States is working on a hostage deal between Israel and Hamas which would bring mediate and sustained period of calmon to Gaza for at least six weeks, which we could then take the time to build something more enduring. Over the past month, I've had calls with Prime Minister bet Yahoo as well as the leaders of Egyptian Cutter to push this forward. The key element of the deals are on the table. There are gaps that remain, but I've encouraged Israeli leaders to keep working to achieve the deal. The United States will do everything possible to make it happen.
Speaker 1: I also don't know what to make of this, whether this is real, whether it really has a shot. BB under a lot of pressure from the psychic most psychotic elements of his governing coalition not to do any sort of a deal at this point, especially not one that involves the release of any significant number of the Palestinian prisoners that they are holding. So whether this deal has any better shot at success in the last one, I genuinely just have no idea at this point. I guess I'm kind of skeptical given the way that the last negotiations fell apart.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: One last piece here I wanted to show you because this is just outrageous and as yet another cautionary tale about believing anything that comes out from the idea. Put this up on the screen. This is just insane that they did this. So you'll recall Israel actually has to respond to the ICJ on February twenty third, So this is really coming up about the ways that they have changed their offensive to comply with the order from the ICJ and the establishment that they are plausibly committing genocide. Part of that is an effort to oh, no, we really are shipping in humanitarian aid. And so the official state of Israel account and I'm reading now from this what is with the BBC before, who has been doing a great job tracking lies and misinformation from both Israelis and from Hamas and people who are supporting the Palestinians on the side, The official State of Israel account has posted this video saying it is facilitating aid into Gaza. A clip at the end of the video claiming to show tents and shelter equipment for Gozzen's was actually filmed in March twenty twenty two showing tents in Moldova for Ukrainian refugees. Okay, this is the level of propaganda that we're dealing with here that you can easily identify a literal stock photo from Ukrainian refugees in twenty twenty two, and the State of Israel account is happy to tweet this sount as evidence of their benevolence. It really is quite incredible, And yet it's the sort of thing that, just given the amount of propaganda we've been subjected to, could easily get lost as well.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, of course that's why. I mean, look again, this is a confirmed thing. This actually did happen. It's not such some random account you know, that we pulled. We've used his disinformation. He's actually done a good job of demunking many things on either side, so it's not like a selective person that we're pulling either. No, just you know, does it's just crazy especially if we loop it back to the fact that they're trying to create this like fake image about an option, but then for a humanitarian option.
Speaker 3: But all of it just comes back to the fact that they want to pay for it.
Speaker 2: They want they want to be able to inflict the damage, not deal with any of the consequences. And I mean, this is a conversation we've had here a million times, but this is not how it works. Like you can't just go in break it, you know, think that you can just absolve yourself completely. Even if we did pay for it and all that, it's not like the security ramifications and all the fallout from the future will not come back to impact Israel.
Speaker 1: This is a good transition to something that just transpired here in the Senate. You had two senators Democratic senators who traveled to the region to evaluate the aid distribution, and they were basically shocked and horrified. And they also were debunking the Israeli propaganda, the Israeli lies about how, oh, we're doing everything we can to get a humanitarian aid and they said, no, you're not whatsoever. You're throwing up all these roadblocks to make it impossible to get sufficient aid into Gaza, people are literally starving to death, and so what we're really for a sort of run on them mill, standard issue liberal Democratic senator. Quite extraordinary comments made last night. He said, number one, he has confirmation that kids are now starving to death in Gaza, per Cindy McCain, who's the head of the World Food Program, which is interesting of itself, but Personny McCain, kids are now starving to death. And he says clearly and unequivocally, this is a war crime, and the people who are doing this are war criminals. Let's take a listen to that, and.
Speaker 6: In President, I want that to sink in. Kids in Gaza are now dying from the deliberate withholding of food. In addition to the horror of that news, one other thing is true. That is a war crime. It is a textbook war crime, and that makes those who orchestrate it war criminals. So now the question is what will the United States do?
Speaker 3: What will we do?
Speaker 6: What will President Biden do? President Biden must take action in response.
Speaker 3: To what is happening.
Speaker 1: His comments very forceful there, and this came in the context of debate over that Ukraine Israel bill which just passed the Senate with a supermajority. But in spite of the fact that he says these are war crimes and the people who are doing this are war criminals, he still voted yes on the.
Speaker 3: Bill, probably because of Ukraine.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. Elizabeth Warren said the same thing. But it's like, how can you knowingly, Like, you know these are war CRuMs. You said it on the Senate floor that they are war crimes. You're like, but I'm going to go out and ship billions more to the people I am calling war criminals. Like he goes on, oh, you know, what should we do as the United States of America with President Bidena, hold them accountable, et cetera. Like you are a United States senator, you have you are incredibly powerful and influential actually within the caucus in particular on foreign policy. For you to say these are war crimes, yes, that's extraordinary. But then the next thing you do is to vote through the funding. I just don't even know what to say about.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know, which is that Ukraine is a religion and it's like a mind disease for a lot of people, and it's literally, I mean you, Israel is the same way right. For a lot of Republicans, They're like, I will support Israel no matter what period end of the story. What did that guy, the guy with the congressman who wore the idf ran we.
Speaker 3: Have killed enough kids?
Speaker 2: He's like, we haven't killed It's like what He's like, God, he's not even Jewish. That's that's the craziest part about all of this. This is the same level he's like, well, we can have bad things going, but Ukraine it's just such an important cause, et cetera, et cetera. It's just one of those you have to move past. The reason why and you and I were talking about this before the show. Why I still do think that is very important is that's Chris van Holland. This guy lives in Bethesda, which is one of the richest namesghborhoods in the world.
Speaker 3: It's right out here Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: It's full of people from the blob, represents the state of Maryland. If he is willing to talk that way openly, I do think it is still impactful and is interesting in terms of where the winds are blowing within the Democratic Coalition. Yeah, because he's not Bernie Sanders. This is not a far left person by any you know, means this is a former Nancy Pelosi top deputy, a very classic DSCC type person. So that's why I actually still found it, you know, has put his voting aside. The rhetoric, you know, usually precedes that or at least can proceed or show us something that was.
Speaker 3: Noteworthy to me.
Speaker 1: It was, yeah, it absolutely was. The other thing that is noteworthy is so van Holland and center of Merkley took this trip together to evaluate the aid distribution that I was referring to earlier, and so now you have Van Holland making these comms to other reason why it's noteworthy is receiving confirmation that yes, kids in Gaza at this point are literally dying from starvation, not just bombs as per Sidney McCain had of the World Food Program. So that in and of itself is newsworthy. And then the other thing to point out about the fact that you know, these two senators, standard issue Democratic senators travel to the region is Merkley ends up being alongside you know, Bernie Sanders, basically Democrat at this point the only Democratic votes against this package. So clearly traveling to the region and seeing this up, you know, up close and personal. Also had a real impact on them, which is, you know, something you've seen more broadly with people who have actually traveled, for example, to the occupied West Bank and seen what life is like there. They come back very, very changed by that experience, and so I thought that was really notable as well. At the same time, this we didn't want to let this pass. So they're obviously in terms of political implications, Joe Biden is quickly reckoning, or at least his team, which may still have somewhat of brain left, is weekly reckoning with the fact that they've got a massive problem in Michigan with Arab American voters in particular, and they've got a huge problem they're based in general, I mean young voters, voters of color dramatically opposed to what Biden's policy has been in Israel. So in an attempt to clean up the electoral mess, they dispatched a retinue of AIDS to Michigan to meet with some Arab American and Muslim leaders last week. Let's put this up on the screen. The headline here from CBS is Biden AID acknowledges missteps on Gaza and regrets failure to express concern over loss of Palestinian life. Me read you a little bit of this, he said this, Aid said quote, we have left a very damaging impression based on what has been a wholly inadequate public accounting for how much the President, the administration, the country values the lives of Palestinians. This was per Deputy National Security Advisor John Feiner. And the reason we know these details as apparently they leaked the audio. We are very well aware that we have misstepped in the course of responding to the crisis. He also acknowledged many in the Arab American community believe President Biden doesn't emphasis empathize with Palestinians in Gaza and occupied West Bank. In the closed door meeting, Finer expressed regrets over several specific instances of the administration's response, including a failure by the US to publicly condemn remarks made by Israeli Defense MINISTRYO of galant the ones where he called Palestinians animals in human form. We did not sufficiently indicate that we totally rejected and disagreed with those sort of sentiments. Out of a desire to sort of focus on solving the problem and not engaging a rhetorical back and forth with people who, in many cases, I think we all find somewhat abhorrent. He also expressed regret over a statement made by the President on the one hundredth day of the conflict. The statement spoke to the plight of Israeli victims of the initial Hamas attack, including those taken hostage, but did not speak to Palestinian civilians killed by the Israeli response quote, there is no excuse for that. It should not have happened. I believe it will not happen again, but we know that there was a lot of damage done. He referred to that damage as a very very big hole, I mean, note worthy to me. And the saga is the fact that there's no regrets over the actual policy. They seem to think this is all like a messaging issue, like if they had just acknowledged Palestinians in the one hundred day message, then people would be cool with the policy, or if they'd, like, you know, put out another leak to the press about how they didn't like Yoov Gallant's comments about humans and animal form, maybe everything would be fine. There's clearly no acknowledgment that the actual policy itself is the issue that people have with the administration, not necessarily the packaging of the policy, but the actual substance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the polling really bears that out too.
Speaker 2: We can put this up there on the screen, which shows that the half of you as adults now say that the military response has gone too far. You can actually compare it from the previous numbers and see a pretty substantial increase in the number of US adults rising from November of twenty twenty three, where there's forty percent that they did to now fifty percent. So you have fifty percent of US adults overall who are saying that the Israel response has gone too far, thirty one percent says not just about right, fifteen percent then saying k not gone far enough.
Speaker 3: If you look at the Democratic number, it's actually much higher.
Speaker 2: Previously it was fifty eight percent said too far, now sixty three percent, twenty four percent who are agreeing, nine percent who are saying not far enough, amongst independence the other number that matters obviously for the election, you actually see the number rise to fifty two percent and then twenty eight percent at the bit about right and twelve percent not far enough. Number so the flip from the independent voters on their view at a minority basically a balance between too far and about right from a couple of months ago to now.
Speaker 3: That's the big story to me.
Speaker 2: Amongst the Independents and then obviously amongst the Democrats as well. So you got two thirds of Democrats and about half of Independence, just demonstrating where if the trend line is going to continue his way as we go all the way into November.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a lot like the Ukraine stories.
Speaker 2: You know, people will get caught up in something and then reality starts to set in, and then after a while, especially a year and a half, two years or so, into something which is around the year is about where we would be, you know, on November November fifth, a fourth on election day.
Speaker 3: Well, you can see pretty clearly, I think where things are going in direction.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. What was a few things that were noteworthy to me in that polling. Number one, most of the increase in the number of people who thought that the Israelis had gone too far, actually wasn't Democrats who already thought that for a while. The biggest increases came from Independence and even Republicans, a third of whom now say that the response has gone too far. That was really noteworthy. Also, if you dig into some of the details of this poll, you can see the problem that Biden has with some really key parts of his base, and why this isn't just a Michigan problem. It's not just an Arab American problem. It's not just a Muslim American problem. About six and ten non white Democrats disapprove of how Biden is approaching the conflict. About half of white Democrats approved, So you have a racial divide here, but sixty percent of non white Democrats saying, no, Joe Biden, we do not like what you are doing with regard to Israel. Non white Democrats, not even just all non white people, non white Democrats sixty percent are like, no, we don't like this policy. Seven in ten Democrats under forty five disapprove seven in ten. That is the opposite of the attitude of older Democrats, among whom nearly six in ten approve. So the biggest divide on this issue is an age divide. Seven in ten Democrats, so seventy percent under forty five saying this is horrifying. And we've showed you, shown you the polls in the past where a majority of Democrats now say Israel is committing a genocide and another thirty percent are not sure and think they may be committing a genocide. So you know, that is the context for understanding why it would be insulting that this administration official goes to Michigan and says, well, we've just left a very damaging impression. No, it's we have a very accurate impression of exactly what your policy is. The problem isn't the impression that's been left. The problem is the policy itself. And until you change that, you can kiss like this is incredibly demoralizing to so many parts of your base, and not just one little like narrow constituency in Michigan that potentially you could make up with suburban women or something somewhere else.
Speaker 2: In the same That's a very good point, Bristol, All right, what are you taking a look at?
Speaker 1: On January twenty ninth, a harrowing call came into the Palestinian Red Crescent Society. A six year old girl, Hindra Job, was trapped being shot at by Israeli occupation forces. Every other family member in the car had already been killed. In a call that lasted for hours, the terrified child beg the Red Crescent to please come and rescue her. Come take me, she says, Come take you please. I'm scared. Come quick, call someone to come take me. Please. Okay, my dear, I will come and take you. Now. A volunteer from the Red Crescent is coordinating so we can come and take you. And you hear gunfire. There's gunfire around you. Yes, come take me, my dear. I swear I want to take you, but I can't right now. The family had been attempting to flee Gaza City. Hin's mother and older siblings were attempting the truck by foot, but because of the cold and the rain, hisn's mother sent her in the car with her aunt, uncle and cousins, thinking this would be safer and less arduous for her baby girl. But in a destroyed suburb of Gaza City, the car came under fire by the idf Now, the first call into the Red Crescent actually came from his fifteen year old cousin, Leon. Leon told them her parents and siblings had already been killed. They are shooting at us. The tank is next to me. The call ended amid rapid gunfire, and terrified shrieks. Next came that desperate call from Hint herself. The Red Crescent jumped into action to try to rescue this child. They reached out to the Ida and an attempt to secure safe passage for their ambulance and for the rescuers, using standard deconfliction practices to keep their own medics from coming under fire. For hours, they waited to hear back from the Israelis as Hind pleaded for help, telling them to please come that she was afraid of the dark. Finally, after three long hours, the Red Crescent got the green light. The ambulance had been cleared to move to Hind's location. According to the Red Crescent dispatcher, it wasn't long before that ambulance also came under idea fire.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: First, the paramedics said, the Israeli forces are putting laser lights on them, and then we heard a gunfire sound before we lost the connection. It was like a gunfire or explosion. We were not sure of what happened. For days, the Red Crescent heard nothing from their medics, and the heavy idea of presence made it too dangerous to send any additional rescuers. The organization was left to post desperate pleas to the public on their social media channels, alerting the world to Hint's plight. Finally, on Saturday, after twelve days of worrying and no news, all of our worst fears were confirmed. Israeli troops moved out, and Hin's family was able to return to the area and locate the destroyed vehicle where Hint had issued her final desperate plea in the car where the decomposing remains of Hint alongside her cousins, including Leon and her aunt and her uncle, and just down of reach, maybe a block away, was the charred remains of the ambulance which had been sent to rescue this little girl, who instead spent her final moments alone and completely terrified. Red Crescent crew Yusuf Zeno and Ahmed Al la Dune were also murdered by the IDF, in spite of being in a van clearly marked ambulance, and in spite of having received explicit permission for the operation by the IDF. Now you can see in this video, first you're looking here at the ambulance, and then within sight down the road is the car where Hind spent her final hours. You can imagine these medic heroes, so close to Hind, barely out of reach, when their vehicle was targeted and their own lives taken. I hope all of these souls rest in peace, their final agony and torment now at an end. Targeting an ambulance it's a war crime. Killing children other civilians also war crimes. There was no fighting on going the area between Hamas and the IDFs, so these vehicles were themselves targeted, not accidentally caught in the crossfire. Hind and Layon now take their place among the more than thirteen thousand Palestinian kids who've been killed by Israel since their assault on Gaza began. This is carnage that Joe Biden describes weekly as quote over the top. No, this is massacring children, targeting medics, pushing an already terrorized and display people to God knows where. This is not over the top. This is genocide. The IDF has yet to comment on this particular atrocity. Perhaps they need some time to fabricate a Hamas command and control center under the ambulance, or an intercepted audio recording of six year old Hind revealing she's actually a hardened Hamas terrorist. Liberal Western media jumped in to signal their concern with the most sanitized and accountability free or welling language possible. As noted by academic assault Rod, the premier outlets of Western journalism, The Times, The Post, CNN, and the BBC all failed to use the word killed or to so much as mention Israel in their headlines about Hin's murder. New York Times choice here is emblematic quote missing six year old and rescue team found dead in Gaza. AID group says as if they just dropped dead under mysterious circumstances. Now, for the American taxpayers who are listening to this, you should also know that your tax dollars funded this horror. Shell fragments from an American maid M eight thirty a one were found at the scene of the bombed out Red Crescent Ambulance. State Department spokesperson Matt Miller was asked about hims killing and the use of American made weapons as usual, he really had nothing to say.
Speaker 7: On the killing of a six year old h right up after an Israeli chank target. It's their family car in Gaza. The Geneva, Geneva based nonprofit Euromed Human Rights Monitor determined that the IDEF is responsible for the bombing of the ambulance that attempted to rescue Hindi, and it also reported that American made weapons was found at the bomb ambulance. Have you seen that report and do you have any response?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are devastated about the reports of the death of hindrajab. I will tell you that I have a little girl that's about to turn six myself, and so it is just a devastating account, a heartbreaking account for this child. And of course there have been thousands of their children who have died as a result of this conflict, and every one of them is a tragedy that I know. I can tell you everyone in the United States government.
Speaker 3: Feels quite deeply.
Speaker 4: We have asked the Israeli authorities to investigate this incident on an urgent basis. We understand that they are doing so.
Speaker 3: We expect to.
Speaker 4: See those results on a timely fashion, and they should include accountability measures as.
Speaker 1: Appropriate, accountability measures as appropriate. Not going to hold my breath on that. One Secretary of State Tony Blinken says he will spend the rest of his life thinking about the thousands of children killed in Gaza. I hope he and all the other criminals with blood on their hands will be haunted by Hen's face for every single second of the rest of their days. I hope they can't sleep at night imagining her final moments of terror. Unfortunately, I doubt any of them has enough of a soul left to even care. But make no mistake, While some have more direct culpability than others, the truth is we all failed lay On, We failed us, if we failed Ahmed, and we all failed Hint. As Israel says its sites now on Ratha, Remember, millions of innocence, just like Hint and Leon, are sheltering there, seeking refuge, with literally nowhere else to go, each loss as devastating and tragic as that of this heartbreakingly adorable little girl who will now never see her seventh birthday. Bombs stamped made in America snuffing out these precious lives, and our president occasionally emerging from his fog to issue a weak protestation while rushing to ship more deadly child killing weapons and sager on that interaction.
Speaker 2: And if you want to hear my reaction to Crystal's monologue, become a Premium subscriber today at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys so much for watching. We really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Counterpoints is going to have more coverage, probably on this subject, I'm assuming, as well as more on the Ukraine AID and all of that, so we will see you all on Thursday.
Speaker 4: We want to keep Putt to ta