Speaker 1: So we as a society and a species have become.
Speaker 2: Starting small, We're going to be really focused today.
Speaker 3: Well have become of time. And I'm not going to say it's just me. I'm going to say it's all of us.
Speaker 2: No sweete generalizations are about to come down the pike to hear this.
Speaker 4: Wait for this.
Speaker 1: So for the last twenty four hours, Sue and I have had no hot water.
Speaker 5: Oh no, and it's like we're cave people.
Speaker 6: Like barricaded part of the house and oh my god, on each other for resource.
Speaker 3: The world has.
Speaker 1: Turned upside down because we can't take a warm shower.
Speaker 3: And we were talking about how funny was that.
Speaker 1: It's like people have been able to shower a warm shower for like one hundred years. Of the ten thousand people have been around one hundred of them, and we the shower turn off.
Speaker 3: We look at each other like, what do we move? What do we how do we do?
Speaker 6: Just give up? Just give up, just wave the flag of surrender and die, just give up what we do?
Speaker 1: That's probably something with the magical tankless water heater, which somehow makes water out of a thing that I don't know, but it led to another Sioux Will conversation which I wanted to pose a question.
Speaker 3: So you have to.
Speaker 1: Choose, and this is a full bubble around you. It's not just your house, this is you forever. Do you live without heat and air conditioning, hot water or the internet.
Speaker 2: Forever?
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's a tough call.
Speaker 2: No, I mean you can't.
Speaker 3: I mean this is what we did, however, but you're still like trying.
Speaker 2: To live your normal life like you, just like we're.
Speaker 3: Regular, regular life.
Speaker 1: It's just everywhere you go, it's like everyone else, it's just just you.
Speaker 2: Well, then you need the internet just to function as a human being. We couldn't do this anymore.
Speaker 5: I live without hot water.
Speaker 6: Really, yeah, I think I had to live without hot water because air condition if I'm living, if I'm in Los Angeles, if I live in Los Angeles, Yeah, yeah, you need air conditioning, Like I know.
Speaker 5: It gets to be one hundred and seventeen.
Speaker 2: And you're still okay, So wait, you'd go without air conditioning?
Speaker 5: I mean no. I also can't sleep unless it's sixty five degrees in the rank, so I sixty five tot for us. I opt for the sweet, sweet sleep of death.
Speaker 3: I never get hot water anywhere, Nope, you get.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like, uh, just Cassandra, where no matter what story she tells, no one believes.
Speaker 5: I think I have to go without the Internet. I because here's the thing. People around me have the Internet. I don't. But so if I'm with someone like say I'm with writer, who's already decided he has the Internet, I just like, writer, can you open up map quest? And writer, can you search for a play? I just have to relate. Annoy everybody. Just annoy everyone with air conditioning and hot water.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've had multiple conversations. I've known two people who went to dumb phones. Oh yeah, you know where they can sounds And that's exactly what happens is they just antagonize everybody around them because like, hey, could you use you called the lift?
Speaker 2: Can you get an uber for us?
Speaker 5: And it's like what yeah, yeah, I'll send.
Speaker 6: You me yeah uh And then if you send like a photo, it's just completely backfire and like could you email that to me?
Speaker 2: And so yeah, uh it's a so yeah.
Speaker 6: I I you would be that person, but it would probably be better for your mental health to turn off the Internet.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: Also, hold on, they're your friends that got dumb phones. They're using them like around the clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a clip phone.
Speaker 6: They're like just a phone like my texts and then they can they can call people.
Speaker 5: But that should you? Like, I feel like a dumb phone is a great idea to set limits on your use of the smartphones. So like if you're going out with friends to dinner and you're gonna need to get an uber and or do other things, I feel like that's a time where you go on, I'm going to bring the smartphone, but like from this hour to this hour, I use only the dumb phone. I feel like people are not I.
Speaker 1: Always assume if you have two phones you have a second family and a mistress or something like anybody who's.
Speaker 3: Like I just always think you're a dr forhes.
Speaker 5: I have two phones. Now do you really do you have a content phone?
Speaker 2: A content phone?
Speaker 5: Content phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fun, but without the internet.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's not that I don't want the second phone. But what like when I was dancing, do you know how many hundreds of four and five minute long videos I have of me up and dance rights? But because I needed to be able to go back and watch it and hoping to try to catch one that's perfect, and like my phone was like, okay, you have three hundred gigabytes of dance videos. It's like, okay, I'm gonna do something with these. So I find.
Speaker 3: Danced in five g would be easier.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I guess, I guess. I'm Danielle.
Speaker 5: You've you've I've decided I'm going to say the Internet.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say the Internet. I'm gonna I agree.
Speaker 1: I need hot water and I need to sleep in comfort.
Speaker 3: So i'd have to get rid of the Internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're going to be three people just sitting around a table going welcome to Podmeats World, and nobody Yeah, nobody's there.
Speaker 5: It's like the three tables around can look up.
Speaker 3: Just three of us on.
Speaker 2: Don't even watch. We couldn't even finish the red.
Speaker 3: That was That was the thing.
Speaker 1: Is that that led to the conversation of what the internet actually touches. Yeah, because I mean then you're talking about everything you stream usually you're you're doing internet phone calls. I mean the Web.
Speaker 3: It's like it's everything so so much.
Speaker 5: We have d v ds for Boy Meets World. We could always watch the dv the Boy Meets World DVDs. All of us being married helps us because you're our partner. If they were in the same scenario, they can keep the Internet and.
Speaker 1: Then you're married until Jensen finds your second phone.
Speaker 5: I'm a drug dealer. That's a problem.
Speaker 2: It's the content content.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 3: Like you, like me, my friend apartments.
Speaker 5: You guys think i'd be with a giant guy on the side that was Will's.
Speaker 1: You don't think you don't think she'd be with the guy, you know, the six foot four kind of burly dude, Like, yeah, that's what I say.
Speaker 5: That's Will's fantasy.
Speaker 1: No, that's the fantasy. It's the next pre show chatter. What are mistress?
Speaker 7: What are you?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 5: What are you?
Speaker 1: Would be?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: God, having an affairs just sounds exhausted.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine, like no, trying to keep track of it, like keep track of one person.
Speaker 1: To just the fear all the time, constantly, so much guilt and no way.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: Jensen and I looked at each other so many times and been like, I would never cheat because I don't have the time. I just just if nothing else where would we find the time.
Speaker 1: Seriously, So when I look at each other and go, this is this is it. So you better be happy or we'll find it somewhere, because this we ain't going anywhere.
Speaker 5: This is it.
Speaker 3: This is what we got bro.
Speaker 5: The best.
Speaker 6: That's the definition of middle age. I think it's just you know, it's not going to get better than this. Her body is just.
Speaker 2: Gonna let me down more and more.
Speaker 5: I know for the next she.
Speaker 6: Can do better.
Speaker 3: I just try not to let her know that.
Speaker 5: You tell her she's lucky all the time. You're just so lucky, you can do better than this.
Speaker 1: As I'm like waddling back some we're coughing.
Speaker 6: Gonna get.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Pod Meets World. I'm Daniel Fischel, I'm righter strong, I'm wilfredell Well. When this week's guest first visited Pod Meets World back in season three, in passing, she mentioned something she wore called the Tankini, we luckily had absolutely no idea what she was talking about. So she threw out the idea that when we did get to it, she could always come back and dig a little deeper. And so we got to it, and yeah, we need her to dig deeper. Questionable outfits aside, it was nice to see young Morgan Matthews get her own storyline in Show Me the Love, the first episode of season seven, considering we all knew the actress who played her could have handled much more over the four seasons she was on the show, especially after we saw season six better than the average Corey when she showed off her ready for the stage musical talents with a rendition of the wind Beneath My Wings or some out of character chops, when she had a precocious Hollywood run in with Will outside the set of Kid gets Acquainted with the universe, and while on tour a while back, when we'd open it up to the audience for questions, so many of them involved her and the actor transition that occurred in season three, which remains a rare untold story that even the podcast couldn't fully uncover. And so now post Tankini, like she predicted we would, we are thrilled to welcome back a core member of the show and the Matthews family. It's the longest running Morgan in Boy Meets World history. Lindsay Ridgeway, Oh.
Speaker 6: Hey, welcome Barons.
Speaker 4: Back again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Will and Danielle don't like did you kind of half expect to see a thirteen year old pop up. Did part of your brain like, yeah, part of my brain was still like waiting to see Lindsay exactly as she was seventh. It was like, oh, right, right, of.
Speaker 4: Course I have.
Speaker 7: I have turned forty since the last time I saw you all, so we're all on the other side.
Speaker 4: Fam.
Speaker 5: It's really crazy to me that the Morgan Matthews we have grown to love over four seasons is now forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you made it.
Speaker 5: You look by the way, it's true, I mean almost exactly the same you do.
Speaker 4: I hope that's good.
Speaker 7: I hope that means that I don't don't need to consider surgical uh, you know.
Speaker 5: It does mean. It does mean that, please please do not.
Speaker 7: I think all of us look good though, every one of us. I think we all look the same. It was the fountain of youth, our set. That's what That's what I'm going to say.
Speaker 1: It's it was whatever the preservatives were in the meatballs.
Speaker 3: Were so crag.
Speaker 4: Do not remember the soups? I don't.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, Craig Soups.
Speaker 4: I've definitely heard you guys mentioned that.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: You predicted the last time we saw you that we would be yearning for you to come back. In season seven, and you're right, because we do now know what the Tangkini is and we have some questions.
Speaker 7: Trust So yeah, well I also have questions about it.
Speaker 5: How old were you when this when season seven taped? It aired in September twenty Chember twenty fourth, nineteen ninety nine, so you would have been it.
Speaker 7: Was ninety nine, right, Yeah, I was a freshman in high school, so probably like fifteen. Yeah, my birthdays and this summer, so I probably just turned fifteen right before we started this season.
Speaker 3: When's your birthday?
Speaker 4: June June twenty second.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: We really wanted you to have an August birthday.
Speaker 4: My sister does my sister, does.
Speaker 2: You even get the magical power of the eleventh s?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 4: Right, well i'm out.
Speaker 5: Do you remember what your real life was like as you were as we were coming into the seventh season, Like, what were you doing in your personal life?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I was just going to high school.
Speaker 7: I probably had a birthday party, you know, June summer before we came back.
Speaker 4: You know, every every week.
Speaker 7: That I was not there, if I wasn't filming, I was just at school. I was just at regular high school, mobbing around with my friends. I joined the mock trial team, so I was probably doing some of that as well.
Speaker 5: Mock trial. That's so fun.
Speaker 4: Wait were you was fun?
Speaker 5: Were you a lawyer? What did you get to be? I?
Speaker 7: Well, I was on I We went to the national competition to my senior year in high school, so there we go. Yeah, I got to be an attorney and a scientific expert witness depending on what side was competing.
Speaker 1: You've got to be careful with that stuff. I'm still mock wanted in three states and criminal and all that.
Speaker 3: That is not that feat.
Speaker 7: Look, you know, Yeah, so I was probably yeah, just also preparing to begin high school, started driving.
Speaker 4: Most likely.
Speaker 7: My parents were also getting divorced at that time in real life.
Speaker 4: So it's weird that that's like the vibe of.
Speaker 7: This whole for because I, okay, I must say, I don't watch this show much like you guys. I have no idea what's happening, Like he don't know, I don't remember any of this. And for sure, my husband, we've we've been together over eight years now, he's never once watched this with me ever until this past weekend.
Speaker 4: So that was fun. Did he like?
Speaker 7: Because I watched that episode and you know, he was just like, how nineties is this?
Speaker 4: He was like, man, this is.
Speaker 7: You know we remember, like you remember it's not a like this type of some of the dialogue in this episode, specifically like Want season seven episode one, like it wouldn't be written now like one hundred percent that would be zero zero approval. Yeah, Like I audibly gasped a few times.
Speaker 4: Like just like what that that made it? That's bad? And so yeah, he was.
Speaker 7: He was definitely remembering that that like, but not only that, He's like, well, other shows just had completely unreal stuff too, Family Matters and all these other shows that just their plots kind of went so far down. You know, I think after seven years of time, there's nowhere left to go. So they're just creating all this extra drama for no reason. Much of which is this this outfit situation, which I yeah, I think the shorts were better. I appreciated your guys, Danielle, thank you for telling them that hotpants are not pants.
Speaker 4: That's definitely you guys learned your less.
Speaker 5: They learned something. They learned something that day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have a daughter, so I have to learn also very hard on the wardrobe situation.
Speaker 5: So how old is your daughter. She's five?
Speaker 7: She is five, Yeah, yeah, going on thirty five. Let me tell you, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: I know that happens to you. I mean my boys are also, you know, six and four going on twenty six and twenty four, especially my six year old. The tude, the tude he has sometimes I'm like, oh, do you think you are?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm like, well, you know, are you paying the mortgage of the I don't think so.
Speaker 5: By the way, slacker, get out there and start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right right, yeah, So.
Speaker 5: What do you remember from this infamous tankiny week and the do you were? There are a lot of wardrobe footings.
Speaker 4: It's right, I'm starting it in my home. It's gonna be gonna be a thing here this year.
Speaker 7: Every I don't know, I'll pick a random week like guess what. I so, it's funny my parents were here over the holidays and I was just like, yo, you.
Speaker 4: Guys remember this or like, what's up with that? Right?
Speaker 7: And it's funny how much like I don't know about your guys's families and what they remember, don't I know? I was, you know, I'm probably in the range of what four to five years younger than you. Guys, it seems so much less like as as adults now the time frame doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: But yes, yes, all right, I.
Speaker 4: Was being good. Yeah it's a range. Time is a construct.
Speaker 7: But you know, I mean, but then at that point back, you know, in school years, it means it's a lot more it feels like more time right.
Speaker 4: Than it does now.
Speaker 7: And so I know I was still fairly much younger than most of these folks, and so you know, my parents are just like, oh, yeah, that's just like that's just.
Speaker 4: What was happening.
Speaker 7: Then it's like cool, if someone tried to put my kid in that out and on TV, I'd be like, hell, no, thank you, try again. I remember they made that shirt.
Speaker 4: I remember it did not come like that, like it was cut, it was hemmed.
Speaker 7: There was elastic they sewed in like it was made to look like that. They took like another random tank top and like cropped it up.
Speaker 4: I specifically remember that. So yeah, I don't know, and I feel.
Speaker 7: Like like as I was watching, obviously I can't I couldn't actually fit watched the screen.
Speaker 4: Also, I don't know how you guys do this. I don't know how you watch all these I had I it's just like edible helpers. Oh gosh, is this water? We don't know? Who knows?
Speaker 7: You do?
Speaker 4: Get used to?
Speaker 5: I will say.
Speaker 6: I will say, like, the first couple of times we watched the show was awful. Like I feel like we've all gotten over it.
Speaker 2: Ye, it's the first episode two.
Speaker 4: Disassociated. Some might say reality exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I definitely felt the same uncomfortable feeling that I that I did at that point in time. I mean, you know, I as a teenager, you already don't you know.
Speaker 4: And I think, but I think it has changed.
Speaker 7: I think that women and girls today wear so much crazier stuff than we did when we were that age, like in nineteen ninety nine. So think at the time it was like what is this and why is this? Why is this going to be the focal point of that? And then like to call it a bra And like that one line that restI says about the moms that I was just like.
Speaker 4: I forgot that line the go put on your the unsexy crap. I was just like, you have got to be kidding me. That is insane.
Speaker 7: So then it it spun me out and then I'm like, okay, pause, you know, like Chrit.
Speaker 4: My husband's name is k like Chris.
Speaker 7: Let's discuss this, Like, I don't remember any female writers, do you, guys?
Speaker 4: I don't remember this one.
Speaker 7: It was like I was like, dudes wrote this, so they're like, that's hilarious.
Speaker 5: There were actually I think there were more women on staff this season, more women than any other season. I think there may have.
Speaker 8: Been women, which is nuts, yeah, because they actually, yeah, that is this is a very particular, like new thing on the show that we haven't seen, which is this anxiety about what women wear, because you know, it's obviously been a very boy centric show and like if there's any commentary about what women are wearing, it's like in relation to topanga or like it's more about desirability.
Speaker 2: And like this is the first time that they're like actively trying to address it, and I just think they just it's so they threw Rusty's character just out the window.
Speaker 6: It just doesn't make sense. It's like Alan would have no problem with this, or would engage with it in a way that could be I don't know.
Speaker 4: In what intellectual fashion seems.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, or just that he would, you know, like fairness.
Speaker 1: Though, the more that I'm watching season seven, the monize.
Speaker 3: Literally all of our characters have been thrown out the window, all of them.
Speaker 1: There's not a single character that exists in season seven that existed in season five, Like they just it's not a face.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 2: It seems like, I mean, there was a desperation about getting canceled, like fear of getting canceled. There's a sense of like grasping a straw us Like there's a sense of them like what is the show going to be? Is it Eric being this crazy? Eric being this type of crazy? Is it going to be a show about Morgan? Now?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: You know, they didn't know. They're just kind of like trying everything.
Speaker 4: It can't it can't be it.
Speaker 7: She wears brons and like that, you know she can't do that, like that, she's she's taken out for wardrobe reasons alone and that and that other kid, like I feel bad for him.
Speaker 4: I was watching the the the what's his name? God, what's his character's name?
Speaker 7: I literally already forgot the kid who I'm going on the.
Speaker 2: Day's name In real life, his name is Jacob Chase.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, I still okay there for Jacob Chase.
Speaker 7: Wherever you are I love you, You're having a great life, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: And positive, but that face even, Yeah, that's awesome. I'm glad he didn't let this experience scar him from.
Speaker 7: Because I saw his reaction on screen, and I was like the awkwardness we both felt in that dialogue and in that exchange and being in front of those people.
Speaker 4: And then of course you have like unhinged band coming in like.
Speaker 7: Gotta watch out, and you're like, oh God, who is this grembling coming from the stairs.
Speaker 4: Like in the middle of no. Whole thing was just.
Speaker 7: Like you're watching it, You're just like, I can't look like, I can't look at it. But then if you are looking at it, you can't really look away from it because it's like very unhinged.
Speaker 5: I do think there was a real The idea of being shocked when your kids are growing up and you see them as young people, young adults, rather than the little kid you remember is a great storyline, and it really was not that long ago. We were talking about how much they infantilized your character and you by even though you were like fourteen years old, it seemed like they still had you in footy pajamas and so to go from the whiplash of last time we saw her she was in like suspends with a flower coming out of her pocket, to now all of a sudden, she's wearing short shorts and a crop top. It just feels like there's an easy you could have been in, something not at all scandalous or sexualized at all, and it's but yeah, and it still could have been like what happened to why are there no flowers in your hair? You know, to be like, what do you mean you're going on a date? You're five? No, I'm not, you know, right.
Speaker 4: Right, the situation alone, I think was enough.
Speaker 7: It's like, you know, then you're putting this whole other layer on top of it, which makes it about the outfit, which then throws you know, Betsy into this whole like why is she now the target? And she's having to like literally you know, call her husband a page and over again in front of everyone there.
Speaker 4: It just it spiraled very quickly out of control, I think.
Speaker 7: But but you know, like you guys all all mentioned in in your own way, with your own characters and all the plotlines going on. Me, I think everything is sort of taking that route, you know, But yeah, I mean I definitely think, you know, and I know, you know, there's a lot of there are there's a there's a popular opinion out there that my version of this character is not preferred to the first one.
Speaker 4: I get it. I see the redditors out there, y'all.
Speaker 1: There really wait, Reddit does more than just my wife cheated on me and I destroyed her life.
Speaker 3: I'm missing that right right?
Speaker 4: Or am I the asshole because my in law was coming to my house so I'm kicking them out?
Speaker 7: Yeah? No, for I look, yeah, I'm you know, people liked the little and Lily is great. She's so great, and she had such a really great timing instinct, and every you know her, her earlier presence, I think is what people were setting the standard for.
Speaker 4: And you know, everybody's kind.
Speaker 7: Of like, oh, well, you know, the second this second actor, you know, has such more of an attitude and she's so mean, like we like the first.
Speaker 4: One, you know. And I'm only saying what they're writing down, you know, ye.
Speaker 5: How to say? Do they know that you didn't write your own dialogue?
Speaker 4: I'm assuming, I mean, but you know I would. And again, when you have I think that.
Speaker 7: Child actors, you know, from what I understand of industry today and maybe you guys have more insight being more in it than I am, but have more autonomy and sort of creating personalities around their characters, right, Saying what they would like to do is like conversing with producers and directors and saying like, hey, I don't really think that works or I think this.
Speaker 4: Is you want me to say this in a way that I think.
Speaker 7: Is a little bit too far or too not enough, And I just don't think that was the case, at least for me at this time.
Speaker 4: It's like I did it.
Speaker 7: We got notes, Michael, like you got to go and then that's what you do, and that's what I remember.
Speaker 4: So it's like, I don't really you know, I.
Speaker 7: Can't fault younger me for just doing what I directed to do by adults.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, there's a big difference in having a voice and and being given your voice. And we I think a lot of younger actors back in the day, probably not just on our show, but that's what we you know, obviously knew that was our world.
Speaker 3: I think that a lot of.
Speaker 1: What to say, I mean again, and that was better than it was. I remember talking to the actor who played Peter Brady in The Brady Bunch, who said, oh, we didn't We didn't have parking spaces, we didn't have a dressing room. They all threw us in a big room. I didn't have lines to read from an audition. I just played with toys. It's like the kids were props in the sixties and seventies. So it's slowly getting better. And I think now Danielle can speak to this more than anybody else because she works with child actors a lot. But I think now the kids have an advocacy and they have a voice, and they can they can say I don't want to do this, or I do want to do this, or work with the director on the characters. We didn't really have much of it one.
Speaker 7: Hundred percent, And I think there's more. There's more advocates, like you know, like the intimacy coordinators right like people go you can you can tell some intimacy corner doesn't necessarily have to be like an intimate scene. It can be like, yeah, I'm uncomfortable wearing this outfit. I feel like we got to work through that. What else can we do to make that actor feel A B and C right that that's not a thing, like we didn't have that, Like you know, it's just like here, you've got producers, you kid, your director, you've got the actors.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 7: Your parents are sitting off to the side, waiting in the schoolroom where you're going to return to when you're done. You know. So I definitely feel that if it were now in this same scene we're being written and directed and put on TV, the process would have been completely different and the end result would have possibly been one hundred percent not what you see, right.
Speaker 4: So what you see in that episode?
Speaker 5: Do you remember feeling uncomfortable with what you were wearing? Did you express that to anybody? Because we we have had episodes where we're in bathing, so like in season one or two, right, there's you know where we take off a robe and the audience goes, whoa for our twelve and thirteen year old bodies? Yes, in swimsuits, and we.
Speaker 4: Write, which is bad? Mortified?
Speaker 7: Yes, you see how much of my middle section is hanging out there?
Speaker 4: I mean, like that's not great. No, I don't that's and it doesn't matter, Like it doesn't.
Speaker 7: Matter if you're a kid or you know, now as an adult, like you you know, you kind of reserve the right to decide how much of that you want to show.
Speaker 4: And that's sort of where I'm you know, where I'm coming from it.
Speaker 7: Now, It's like we didn't really have the opportunity to say or feel like we could sit because then it's like, you know, we'll go, we'll hire a kid acter that will do that.
Speaker 4: You know, you've got like ten other kids that want to be on a network.
Speaker 7: Show, right, so like, well you got to do it because this is like the utmost opportunity.
Speaker 4: And so I think there's that real dichotomy of.
Speaker 7: Wanting to say like, hey, I don't really like that, but feeling like I really can't say that because then I'm putting all of this at risk in some you know, some way your brain just makes you stay quiet about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you were coming in replacing another character. You're another person, so you were already intimately.
Speaker 4: Aware, already in a deficit, yeah.
Speaker 5: That this is not forever, like you could be replaced.
Speaker 1: Well, there's four of us, and there's four of us on the Zoom right now. Three of us replaced other actors playing career. Yeah, I mean that's crazy.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, yeah, it's it's it's cutthroat, it is so in.
Speaker 3: Your in your personal life at the time.
Speaker 1: So in season seven, the family kind of took a back seat, and so we're more in the college. Yeah, so you the whole family was kind of coming on sporadically. You said you were now a freshman in high school. Were you excited when you got the call that you were to come to an episode or was this like at this point, You're like, I just want to go to school. I'm going to go to school. I want to go to school.
Speaker 4: I mean, look my school.
Speaker 7: I'm still best friends with like three people that I've been to school with, some seventh grade and this was like standard.
Speaker 4: You know, people knew if Lindsay's not on in class this.
Speaker 7: Week, like we know where she is, she'll be back. But I will say that I was very used to in general, being in an episode and then being written out by the time that that Wednesday pre tape came or even from Friday read and then it's like, well your scenes are cut.
Speaker 4: So like just go home, okay.
Speaker 7: So sometimes you know you, like you said, I'm sure that even me, Russy and Betsy probably filmed things that or we're in a script at one point that that family plot line just got tossed, you know, just out.
Speaker 4: The window, and then we're not really needed, you know.
Speaker 7: So there were some times where that happened, or I did film things that then never made.
Speaker 4: It to air.
Speaker 7: So I was just kind of like, all right, it's cool, I got I got two things going.
Speaker 4: I can either be there or I can be at school.
Speaker 7: It was interchangeable for me at the time, but you know, knowing that it was our last season, because I think by then we did really know either that either way it was going to be half like it was going to go to the sweeps week and then stop or then continue, right, like there was some sort of.
Speaker 4: Double yeah nine yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 7: So we like we knew we'd be there for a certain amount of time. So I are you know then I'm already planning, like, well, okay, so you know, second semester.
Speaker 4: School, I'm I'm doing it.
Speaker 7: I'm joining these teams right at my school and doing what A, B and C. And then you know, making the decision overall, I think for for me being fifteen turning then sixteen by the end of that year, deciding about the industry in general and what that meant for me and what if it if it was for me or not, And so you know, I remember going on other auditions for things even while we still were probably filming, because you know, you never know it's going to happen, and getting close on a few things and never never actually booking those, and then you know at some point you can only take so much of that sort of that sort of like stop start, and you just need to make a make a choice.
Speaker 4: You know, for yourself. So yeah, a lot a lot of that, a lot of reflection probably too. We were actually.
Speaker 5: Really excited to see that there was going to be in Amy Allen Morgan, like that there was going to be a big storyline. Do you remember then getting the script and being like, oh, it's kind of an episode about me, and then being like why is this an episode about me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it probably it probably just seemed really out of left field.
Speaker 4: I mean I can say that.
Speaker 7: Now it does really kind of come out of left field for for me. I don't know how it feels for everybody else. And again, I haven't watched like religiously anything up to this point recently, so I can't really say. I just I don't think it fits. I just don't think it fits with what's going on. I I think, you know this is that this season starts so clearly with like, you know, your your parent drop, which like what was that? Like?
Speaker 4: What parents were these? Was this the Desperate Housewives mom character? Yes, okay, and this is Marsha across.
Speaker 5: Mom, marshacross mom, third.
Speaker 4: Across my dad first of all? Which f and mom? Is that for all these different people? But I do it wasn't Peter Torque one of them one of your dads?
Speaker 5: He was my first dad, and then Michael McKeon was my.
Speaker 7: Second, yes, right, and then because my mom he's in the Monkeys, right, Peter Tork. My mom like lost her mind. So she's like a huge man. I know, yes, I think they stalked them when they were they did, they got they both moms were like, we're showing up every day.
Speaker 5: We'll be there, we'll be there.
Speaker 4: Here's pizza. Because I do remember that.
Speaker 7: Because my mom's like, you, you don't understand what this is, like I'm literally eleven, I know, I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I think this season starts so much with that drama that and it just feels really jarring to move to that scene and then like where's the baby? Like why is there no like soundtrack even a baby crying in the house.
Speaker 4: Like there's just not there's no, there's no The only thing you see is like that bottle rack in the kitchen. Nothing else. There's no high chair. I hate to.
Speaker 5: Disappoint you, but we are now five episodes into season seven and there is still no sighting. And Bear Narry mentioned the next time.
Speaker 1: We see him, he's like eight, it's the last episode monologue or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like, what the hell happened a baby?
Speaker 7: And he's like, well now I'm off to college.
Speaker 4: Crazy, Well, no, it wasn't it Michael Jacob's kid. Wasn't it his baby? That was the baby? Okay?
Speaker 2: I was like himself was literally four years old.
Speaker 7: Yeah, crazy he went getting invited to that baby's brist Did you guys go to that there?
Speaker 3: Great spread, great spread? Well what they did? It's good food, great brother, my friend. I love the fuzzle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your last visit. We also did get to see you sing in season six better than the average Corey. You performed wind Beneath.
Speaker 4: My Wish and then Ben tis.
Speaker 5: Man, we got a taste of your beautiful voice. Do you have memories of prepping for that were you? Is it safe to see you were more excited for that week than Tankini?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I mean they made me pre record it though, which is so weird. Like I had to go record it, you know, the you know the person and I always just think about, like forgetting Sarah Marshall when he's in his house and he's like doing TV theme music that's aread like on the keyboard, Like I had to go to that person's house who did all the random keyboard music and.
Speaker 4: I have I cannot remember, but you guys do. That's why I have you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, ray this magical ray Man. I had to go to his home and record it. I think, I don't know why. I don't know if it's because they were what I think it's I think because I did have to lip synk it there so that they could dim the sound for dialogue happening, oh the song, because I am actively singing in the background of the scene, right, and so it's like I can't really be doing it because I'm far too loud for that to like I can't like I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Be able to regulate that level.
Speaker 7: But then yeah, I just I remember never knowing exactly when Ben was gonna comment, like because he's so he's so unpredictable, and things things did start. I listened to your recap episode of See the season seven episode one where you guys were talking about him always pulling.
Speaker 4: Crap, and that all started to come back to me. I was like, oh, yeah. They would be like the bell, the bell would ring.
Speaker 7: It would be silent, and he would go like whisper things in people's faces and like back up, and you're like.
Speaker 4: Oh God, now I'm off, what's going on.
Speaker 7: I don't think he ever did it to me, but I remember seeing it happened to all of you guys, Yeah yeah, and just probably laughing. And then I was always chewing gum. I got in trouble for that, but like Michael Jacobs was constantly chewing gum, so I like, that's a real double standard.
Speaker 5: So like that always chewed gum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, right, I mean I had to go spit it out. You had a hiding it. I guess we had to spend a disgusting gum wall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 7: There was the gum drawer exactly. There was the gum drawer and the we had all that gum in that.
Speaker 4: Drawer in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: It's like they put them, but they give us a drawer specifically for gum, and then they're like chewing gumb.
Speaker 7: But honestly, I will say, as an adult who had to get in vizil line this year for my TMJ problems chewing all that gum as a kid.
Speaker 4: Bad idea. Yeah, kids out there, stop chewing so much gum. It's bad for your jaw muscles.
Speaker 5: I told my child, we are not a gum family. He just he was like, can I have gum? Nope, We're not a gum family. He's like, what do you mean? Nope, we just don't chew gum in this family. It's just one of our family virtues.
Speaker 4: My husband has stopped me. I'll be in an airport and I'll be like, yo, there's a lot.
Speaker 7: Of gum at the airport. I have unlimited access, and I'm fas as I want.
Speaker 4: It's like, if you start down this road, because.
Speaker 5: You know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Only me. I'm really glad to know it's not just me. Truly.
Speaker 7: We can't buy them. I replace it with altoids. Is it better?
Speaker 4: No one knows I think it's actually worse. I'm unsure.
Speaker 5: Try the listenine strips, you just put them on your tongue. Terrible, Well they're not, They're great.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I don't like those.
Speaker 1: You're gonna find out something that's something bad to your tongue and like you're gonna hear eventually, you're gonna hear.
Speaker 3: Like if you took listenine strips between two thousand and twenty.
Speaker 5: All right, so I'm trying to make you all rich. Do you remember the final episode and what was your experience that final week of taping?
Speaker 4: You know, I remember the I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't remember anything about the final episode in my in my brain hole.
Speaker 4: I just like I can't.
Speaker 7: And I think because we weren't in the final scenes, like the family was not like that classroom, like that was all you guys like together we were. I mean I was there, I was physically present on set, but I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that.
Speaker 7: I remember the brides maid Dress episode the most clearly out of all this.
Speaker 4: Scenes and.
Speaker 5: Gotten there yet, what would you say is your favorite episode from that you remember looking.
Speaker 4: Back from from my perspective filming them.
Speaker 5: Yes, and like just your Injenil your experience, Like, what's your favorite?
Speaker 4: I mean, I well, I love that They're Killing Us episode. I honestly, to me, it's one of the best. It's such a.
Speaker 7: Weird format that doesn't fit and it's but it's so awesome, like that documentary style of how they do the freeze frames after the end of each sea Like, I really liked the direction of that episode. Another one that I don't think I'm actually in at all is the one that's like the scream one, the horror episode. I do like watching that one, just it's entertaining. Jennifer love Feferman because I remember that.
Speaker 5: I remember the Bridesmaids Dress episode well too, And the thing I remember thinking is it was really nice to have you as a part of our girl group, like a just a you know, I mean that is what happens in weddings and.
Speaker 4: The same people, you know, the family thing. Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 5: Really nice that we to have you included in the wedding planning. It was fun and love I.
Speaker 4: Felt so short, I felt so next. It's just like, it.
Speaker 7: Doesn't matter what you do, there's no camera angle.
Speaker 4: That will get both of us in that shot at the same time.
Speaker 5: That's what time exist five or six inch honestly platform sandal flipping.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I can't remember if they put me in anything, but like my dress was specifically constructed to be removed in that fast fashion because I had to just like tear it off. They had like a better deal, like there's fit them better. Okay, I just I remember walking out in it and thinking, this belcrow rig.
Speaker 4: In the back is going to come down and I'm not gonna be to stop.
Speaker 7: It has to come at a certain time and the time is going to be wrong. And then like the the little umbrella thing, it got stuck and like I had.
Speaker 1: Always have that's one of our favorite favorite outtakes we have. We actually have that of you, you know, like stuck and Daniels gets stuck and then she trips over a bag.
Speaker 5: That was a big episode was.
Speaker 4: Walkers like and you're just thinking, like these poor wardrobe props people, They're like, stop screwing up.
Speaker 7: Aren't like hand crafted items that we made for this thing?
Speaker 4: You know? Yeah, So I remember that episode more.
Speaker 5: But knowing what a beautiful voice you have and how performative you are, did you ever think about doing Broadway? You would have been perfect on Broadway.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's a stressful lifestyle. I'll say that, you know, coming from I did theater as a kid.
Speaker 7: Probably the biggest uh When I was eight, I was in Ruthless on the West Coast premiere here, which is a huge show.
Speaker 4: They still do it many places now, and I mean, like, and I work it.
Speaker 7: I work in the theater industry now, just not as a performer.
Speaker 4: Right, So I see it.
Speaker 7: You know, it's it's difficult to maintain for a long time. These people that can do it for so many years, Like, hats off to them. It's it's definitely something. Yeah, Like I probably could have pivoted that way. My plan after the end of this series and going into school was to go to law school.
Speaker 4: I wanted to be, you know, a trial attorney. That was my dream. Talk in front of a courtroom, Y got it.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you've got the actor in you. I mean that's what it takes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean truly. But then I worked for a lot of lawyers just to.
Speaker 7: Like get the vibe, and I was like, oh, this is real stressful. And you know, will I know you said you have ans that I have had panic attacks yearly since the age of probably sixteen or something. My most recent one is about five days ago.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 7: I have to hide them from my kid, which really sucks, like I don't want her to like see them.
Speaker 4: So I definitely feel that.
Speaker 7: I I think that the industry itself, and not to say that it's like that now or it's like that for everybody, but for me as an individual, just the performing aspect can get very overwhelming and very stressful, and so I think, you know, to have the awareness to to say, like.
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 7: I have appreciated the involvement that I've been able to have to the extent that I have, and I can be happy with that. I can know that I have so many different unique experiences in my life that have all brought me to be, you know, the best mom now and guide her that I can be for my kid who's going to be navigating those same things in her life and those choices that that's kind of where I where I like that, that's where I like to sit, That's where I like to maintain, you know, being being aware of how it could have affected me in a negative way to continue I think was it was a really big choice. It was a big decision for me. I know, I still hear that. I still hear that from my friends, still hear it from from my fan like, but.
Speaker 4: What about this, and what if this happened. I'm like, this, it could have.
Speaker 7: But I also, you know, but I also know how important it is to be in tune with what you can do and what you can give as your own person. So you know, it's I mean, I still see occasionally I do it, you know, for I get to do things for actual enjoyment and instead of like having the pressure of having it be a job, if that makes sense, So you know, and.
Speaker 4: Even even things like this like talking to you guys you know, like I have, I don't.
Speaker 7: I it's it's fun, Like it's a fun thing, you know, Like I'm like, oh, yeah, we can talk about this and then I don't have to go back to the pressure off like still doing that and having to you know, maintain a sense of self through that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so it's hard. But I know, in high.
Speaker 7: School, like I said, I threw myself into mock trial, for sure, but that was fun.
Speaker 4: But that's a fake trial, which is.
Speaker 3: Why exactly exactly, no pressure.
Speaker 7: Mock no pressure. I have my mock trial medal somewhere back here.
Speaker 4: I keep them in a frame because I'm like.
Speaker 5: I love that I mentioned this in your intro. But when we went out on the road with our live tour, so many of the questions in our Q and A involve you, and I just wanted to thank you, oh my gosh, for being such an important part of the Boy meets World legacy and the Boy Meets World lore. We are so honored that you joined us again and to recap this Tankiny Week and others of your life.
Speaker 4: Are you guys going to celebrate Tankini Week?
Speaker 5: We are immediate.
Speaker 2: I'm going to rip up in my shirt right now and have an I.
Speaker 4: Feel like you need, you need custom tankinies.
Speaker 3: I'm playing definitely.
Speaker 5: Lindsey, thank you so much for being here with us. It's always so great to see you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys, It's awesome to see you all too. Bye bye, guys.
Speaker 5: Man. I was even thinking while she was talking about the tankinie stuff, and we were talking about how there are more advocates now for kids and kids feeling like they have more of a voice hopefully. How interesting it is that I don't think I have worked with a single wardrobe stylist who wouldn't be saying to the person they were fitting, especially if they were kids, are you comfortable in this? And not any single wardrobe stylist I've worked with on a show in the last ten years would have said, if you're not comfortable in something, I'm not even gonna send it. I'm not even going to give it to them as an option. So let's find let's keep finding things until you say, yes, I'm comfortable in this, and I'll only take pictures and send them options once i know you're comfortable, right, And so it's just so interesting that it's like everyone back then had the feeling of like, you get a script, what it says in the script, you make come to life, and you do not express your opinion about it at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You also, we've talked about this a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: You just until you become an adult, you assume the adults all know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's not.
Speaker 3: Till you're older that you realize nobody has a clue.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you are a kid and these are adults, and they know what's best for you.
Speaker 3: And this is a job, and especially.
Speaker 6: When it came to wardrobe, right, yes, kind of like okay, course they know better than me.
Speaker 2: Just trust me as you need me.
Speaker 6: And it's like such a weird approach, like yeah, yeah, I mean because making a decision about your wardrobe is a is a great character Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know that you get to decide as an actor, like what are you comfortable in? What do you want to act and what does it you know? And then how does that help you or you know, hinder you and what you know? You got to work that out.
Speaker 1: I think we would have thought, even back in the day, we would have been like, oh my god, just put on your wardrobe and shut up, as opposed to like I really want to talk about the pants. I really want to talk about the would have really come on. But that is what you should do, exactly what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the fact that I didn't express any of those things, or if I did, it was met with like okay, well who cares? You have to do it anyway is exactly why I was so checked out the season. It's exactly why I was just like, oh, I'm just not I'm not into it anymore.
Speaker 6: And it's crazy to me that I also did it even for like photo shoots, Like that's like when I look back at like all those teen beat things, I would just show up and they would have clothes you put me in, Like I'm never wearing my own clothes, and which is weird because they were a photo shoot that's supposed to be like us rider at home or writer hanging out.
Speaker 5: The watch a better version of exactly.
Speaker 6: I was always so insecure, like you know, it felt like a bad celebrity because it's like, but just guess what, writer, You could just show up say this is what I'm wearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take it or leave it, and they could leave it, like you know, it would have been fine.
Speaker 1: But that's why social media and social media stars nowadays are so it's so different because you know, you say what you want about it.
Speaker 3: But usually it's them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like these are the clothes I've put on. I mean, it's all still manufactured, but it's manufactured by you, so it's you know, at least you have some agency over everything you're doing. Where we didn't they throw us in. It wasn't even a room most of the time. It was a plywood four by four whatever thing with a fake curtain. That you'd put over your clothes would be hanging on the thing, and you go, I guess that's what I'm wearing.
Speaker 5: Yep, it was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch.
Speaker 3: It's a merchy freak, merchy freak. He's a maladjusted woman hating merchi freak.
Speaker 5: That's for the Podmeetsworldshow dot com writer. Send us out.
Speaker 2: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 6: Podmeets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong Executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Taras Subasch, producer, Maddy Moore engineer and Boy Meets World superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at podmets World Show or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com.