Speaker 1: Welco up to Reality the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience.
Speaker 1: Twice a week on.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey, rain drops on today's episode of Ryan.
Speaker 1: I listen Ryan with.
Speaker 3: The King, Yeah, right up, rain drops got the new show.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing because listen, it's Ryan Bailly, our friend. He's a rain drop. But what the funniest thing for those who can't see us, Ryan's name is what made me like lab and call him Ryan with the King. Honey, he is going by Ryan scrapped the ball. Welcome to the shot Ryot.
Speaker 3: Okay, it is so good to be back.
Speaker 1: Secondly, are you a slut?
Speaker 4: No, listen, I'm a former sluton. I don't know if slutton is I don't know if Sutton is defensible at this point. If you can defend this behavior and uh listen, it's an iconic way to end this episode. With her having me to have a loane time to have a think. But you know, she just doesn't know how to communicate in these situations, so it's really easy to get one over on her. But I mean, listen at that the caviar Caspia lunch, the wallet comment. You're never going to live that down, directing that towards Dreed.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just get right into it.
Speaker 2: Okay, my friend Megan McCain said to me, Carlos, we usually agree on everything, but we're gonna disagree on Sutton. I thought the comment was grows when she compared her wallet to the reeds, And I said, look, I'm never saying that. I thought the comment itself as a person was great.
Speaker 1: It is growth. I said.
Speaker 2: The reason why I called myself a Slatin is because I like when Sutton is herself. I like it when women or men or they show up on these reality shows and they're not placating to the audience.
Speaker 1: That comment of comparing wallets is so like the class a.
Speaker 2: That that's the world in whish site lives this so I won't know funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great. It's very dynasty.
Speaker 4: It's very you know, it's like that if you want to see wealth, she is telling us, you know, there is wealth there. So in that sense, I mean, it's an amazing kind of archetype in terms of.
Speaker 3: A reality show.
Speaker 4: But there is something really uh distasteful knowing the season that Dared is portraying herself in that You're just like, damn, damn, And there seems to be like a hypocritical nature with everybody in the cast right now, where you know, obviously that's not Sutton's money. She helped earn that money through her relationship with her husband. But if you're using that as your main point of standing up for yourself of like I got a huge wallet, it's really funny and iconic, but it is hard to necessarily support, and you realize she is gonna get beat up on all sides from that point on, which.
Speaker 2: Is why we got to talk about this because I watched this show like a student like you do, Ryan Strack, and I wonder if you caught the moment that I call okay, So when she made the comment three episodes ago when Sutt instead, my wallet is bigger, and all the girls gas like, oh my gosh, who says that dot dot dot on camera?
Speaker 3: You know, what I mean, like, look, we say.
Speaker 4: That's the problem with these shows, and especially Beverly Hills, is because everything is off camera with these ladies, everything whether whatever's going on with Morgan Wade, whatever's going They'll only feel comfortable talking smack about each other in talking heads or on watch what Happens, or in the press. But if you want to get them to talk smack at each other in the scenes, I guess in a sense Sutton is a.
Speaker 3: Hero for that.
Speaker 4: But you you know, that's the frustrating part is that it's so much subtext on Beverly Hills where you're watching scenes and it really feels like they're trying to keep the truth hidden. It's like what can we hide from the show, And then you have people like Garcel trying to bring it into the light of like why can't we talk about Morgan right exactly.
Speaker 2: So again, when Sudden made that comment, she said her confession, that was her interview.
Speaker 1: Verbado.
Speaker 2: I said it, and I don't regret it.
Speaker 1: Three episodes later, you regret what you said.
Speaker 2: So to my rain drops, let me tell you how this how this works when you film a scene, all right, so so so rain drops sit still and Listen, when you film a scene and it's happening in real time, you say shit months later, not like the next day, but months, a month, or months later. You film a confessional where the producer's asking you about the moment. Okay, that could be weeks later, months later. So hear me out. When some made that comment, she meant it because she said her confessional weeks later, you say I regret it. Trust me, it's because and listen.
Speaker 1: It's all alleged.
Speaker 2: Sutton spoke to her team and they said, you said, what you have to apologize. You have to apologize. You can't double down on it. And that's the reason why rain Drops Dree, to her credit, did not accept the apology because Durit knew you only regret it because someone told you how bad you're going to look when this episode airs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love, I mean I love the thought of asking Sudden or any of these housewives the same question in every talking head session and seeing if the answers line up. Because we had that great moment from Portia in Atlanta this week where they were doing like back to back confessionals with Portia where she's saying she's not pressed about Drew and Dennis, and I just thought it was great, Like in multiple different looks, she's like, I don't care when you could tell she obviously cares. Yeah, But Sudden is interesting because she's all over the place, she's listening to so many people. But you know, at the end of the day, her real thoughts are what she really said at that table.
Speaker 2: It is it is, And again, I it's the reason why I love Lisa Barlow.
Speaker 1: When she complained about was it nineteen C or seventeen seventeen CE?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the flight Yes.
Speaker 2: Again, when she complained to bron and like, I got to sit and coach in a seventeen CE. Like again, in this climate, in this economical climate, it's not the greatest thing to say.
Speaker 1: However, I like the fact that she's like, in my world, got some bullshit.
Speaker 4: So so well, I'm like, seventeen C in my climate sounds pretty damn good. But moment from Lisa Barlow, and I think that's why Lisa is celebrated from like real hardcore viewers because she's so uniquely herself and Sudden can be uniquely herself. But I think your point is, don't then backtrack on it, like double down triple down.
Speaker 3: Don't like. If that's your thought, that's your thought, stay with it.
Speaker 4: Don't all of a sudden then apologize for something we know you are not sorry for.
Speaker 1: Big oh exactly, Bingo.
Speaker 2: So what was interesting though, because a lot of people are saying that bows is of Duri's ask, which I never I never felt for that a lot, exactly, Ryan, I never thought that myself. I like the fact that Bowse of all people, has come in saying I'm going to be fair. I don't know these women personally. I'm just going to come in and take these women for face value. She literally has called out Garcell Kyle Sutton, and then in this most recent episode, she told to read you're not being fair.
Speaker 1: She's apologizing to you. I think you should accept it. I love both. I think she's bringing to the show with so delicious.
Speaker 4: It's so refreshing to see bos and to see a first season housewife that they're actually giving storyline. She has the most normal scenes that actually have real life consequences. We're seeing this romance Bloom, the introduction of her boyfriend to her daughter, and the pregnancy journey, and you can really trust it this moment what she says, It'll be interesting to see in future seasons how she changes, but at this moment, she's the reliable narrator.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's fascinating because listen to be this boss woman who worked for these big brands from Uber to Netflix. She understands how to get her point across in a way to where she's speaking to you, not at you, and that's what makes it so special. Now on the flip side, what we are seeing for the first time in this episode that I'm like, does someone play reality with the King for Garcella Sutton and said, Carl King has been calling this out for three fucking years, and instead of instead of attacking him on Twitter high tweets, let's let's finally, you know, give the audience something they've been craving.
Speaker 1: Garcell calling out Sutton is.
Speaker 2: Long overdue, and I was happy to see that finally garcel is seeing that.
Speaker 1: Look, let's be real.
Speaker 2: Sutton is a woman from a very high society background. Therefore, she likes to hang with women whose wallet is the same size of hers or bigger. Kyle Richards, at the end of the day, has more money than Sutton because Sutton's money is capped at three hundred and fifty thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 1: It's cap you're not going to go above it.
Speaker 3: Poor Ah.
Speaker 2: So Ryan Strap, Colerid Listen, Mauricio Umansky has a very successful business called The Agency. Kyle Richards also said her money's long too. That's the reason why is of Kyle's ass the way she was Kathy Hilton's and she had that very soft conversation with her two seasons ago. Is because Sutton needs to be in the high society of Billy Hills. That's why she doesn't like to read. So I think Garcell is finally seeing that. Why are you constantly talking shit about Morgan and Kyle to me? But when we're around Kyle together, I'm the one that has to bring it up.
Speaker 1: And you sit there and you drink your espresso martini.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring it out into the light.
Speaker 4: I you know, I love Garcel going to bed early, like that's enough. I'm going to bed and not continuing with sudden and I love. I mean, it really threw Sutton off her game a little bit, but I mean it is ridiculou. If you're going to have these conversations, you're on a reality show. You're on a reality show, bring it in and let's talk about it. Let's talk about it even if it's.
Speaker 3: Good or bad.
Speaker 4: And I feel like I know more about Mauricio and his relationships than I do Kyle and hers. This isn't the Real Housewives of Mauricio, Like they are separated. I don't care if he's going to all the SOHO houses in the nation with different women every day. I want to know what's going on with Kyle. I want to know what's going on with Erica's relationships. I want to know what's going on with Dread and PK more like I don't give a rip. And also Kathy suddenly shading Mauricio. Was it last week of like, well he doesn't have that kind of money? He doesn't And I was like, wait a sec, he does have that kind of money. The agencies worldwide are we suggesting there's a financial issue with Mauricio now, But we shouldn't be like so giving so much time to Mauricio when we're not giving equal time, if not more, to Kyle and her relationships or the other ladies in their relationships.
Speaker 2: It is, first of all, I'm so gagging the real Mauricio. Beverley Hills. It's it's it's it's what I've been calling out Ryan from day one. And what's so fascinating about the The Housewives fans. The Belly Hills fans are second to Jersey when it comes to no One, no one, no one beats Jersey when it comes to fandom. Let's let's be real, it's Jersey, then it's Beverley Hills. Okay, Beverly Hills has a lot of like diehard fans. And if you talk about certain people, oh honey, you're getting attacked on Twitter right or on the Spotify comments leave me one.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, I don't give a shit. With that being said, you're so right, Ryan in the sense of like, look, Mauricio has moved on, and he has moved on for quite a while. Right, yeah, sorry, rain drops. If you disagree with me is okay, you'll you'll, you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: I am not.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Based on this episode and hearing more conversations from Kyle and the girls about Morgan and Mauricio, I do strongly believe in my opinion that something happened in the marriage where Mauricio was at fault.
Speaker 1: I believe Mauricio did something.
Speaker 2: That Kyle said, Okay, we got to be separated. I think Mauricio, in my opinion, I think he respectfully made sure not too publicly embarrassed Kyle meeting women going on podcasts saying I slept with mauriciover dating, right, I think what happened.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I think they made a deal.
Speaker 2: Let's deal with this privately and we won't embarrass each other publicly. I think when Kyle met Morgan and things started to happen, I think Mauricio was like, now, wait a second, we had a deal, and I think at the end of the day, a Mauricio played his role, and when the Morgan thing got too crazy, I think two things happen simultaneously. I think Morgan said this faining shit when it comes to these diehard Bailly Hills fans, what Diana Jakins went through. I think Morgan said, I'm good in the hood. I'm going to go back in my cubby hole and be a performer at the State Fair, right, because she's not booking stages at Coachella, No, say Morgan, way, I would love to see you in intimate setting at my backyard.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure she's going to rush to do that now, Carlos, after these nice comments, No, I Morgan listen. I well, as a producer, I was wondering this. I was going to ask you. Is that Are they told that they cannot ask directly about Morgan Way? Because it feels like this tap dance of like Garza's like, well, you know I saw you at a concert, like we're talking about how to approach Kyle. Are we not allowed to ask direct questions of Kyle anymore? Or is that like a rule that is there? An edict has thrown down because we asked direct questions of other women, why can't we ask it of Kyle?
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make you understand. You ready for this? Brother? Yeah, it's Kyle's show now. No, I'm gonna tell you something that this is all.
Speaker 3: Alleged in my opinion, right.
Speaker 1: My opinion.
Speaker 2: Hi, Tamera, I'm glad you're back at work. I saw it on Twitter. Okay, Fie, Okay, Look, Kyle Richards is the queen bee of that show. Beverly Hills Housewives is ran not by production, meaning.
Speaker 1: By the cast.
Speaker 2: Beverly Hills has ran very differently than Atlanta, Miami, OC.
Speaker 1: Potomac.
Speaker 2: You know, when you're the queen Bee of those shows, if anything, Ryan, you get asked more questions, Like they're like, you're in the hot stee bitch, like we're gonna ask you everything. It's Kyle's show, and I think those women are so protective of their queen and also of their own skeletons in their closet. Do I believe that Erica Jane, who I'm obsessed with, I love her. Do I believe Erica Jane is not getting her back blown out? No. I think she has a boy toy, but they're not going to call her out on it. Do I believe for a second that.
Speaker 1: None of these women knew.
Speaker 2: That Kyle and Mikyle, that Dri and PK had issues. No.
Speaker 1: I think they all respect each other's secrets.
Speaker 2: And I think when it comes to Kyle, specifically because it's her show, I think they give her a little bit more respect. And I think garcel is sort of like am I in the Twilight Zone. This is crazy, and I think that's why Garcella is the only one who wants to push the homelope and I want to end it by saying this and This is me being very honest about my opinion. I think because and I'm speaking as an overly gay person. As an overly gay person, you never want to out somebody if they're not ready to come out.
Speaker 1: Sure, And I think there is kid.
Speaker 2: Gloves when it comes to how far can we go with this Morgan and Kyle alleged relationship, Because if Kyle isn't ready to come out as a woman who's in a relationship with relationship with another woman, are we then outing somebody who's not ready?
Speaker 1: Which?
Speaker 3: Which?
Speaker 1: Which? Which? I at least get that.
Speaker 4: I that's a great point, and I do understand that. But unfortunately we have two things. You know, two things can be true at once. Is that that is completely true, But unfortunately you've chosen to make a certain part of your living.
Speaker 3: Off of reality television.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: We don't want to call this show the Housewives of Beverly Hills. We want to call it the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: And I would argue that, you know, obviously, Kyle, whatever is going on, this could just be a standard friend But there is so much like in the not talking about.
Speaker 3: It, it just adds so much.
Speaker 4: More suspicion and so many more issues, and then you see it almost gives these other cast members permission to not like, yeah, I want to know about Erica gettner back blown out. Do you know how many people would love to hear of like, oh, I got my back blown out last night, Like that would be an amazing piece of dialogue from Erica Jane, like I'm glad you got the wallpaper in the house, But now what's going on downtown?
Speaker 3: I mean, I want those like real moments.
Speaker 4: And to your point earlier about to Read, they all knew to Read and PK were having issues.
Speaker 3: The audience didn't.
Speaker 4: We never got to see one damn fight between them before this season. They obviously were having blowout fights. PK was like, we would destroy each other. We don't know that because they kept like a certain image in front of the cameras. And so now we're catching up to what everybody in that cast already knows. So to me, that's why I kind of understand Garcel where it feels like as a viewer. For me personally, I am watching the Twilight Zone at times.
Speaker 2: No everything you're saying, and I think that's the reason why again, you have to give Garcel and Bows their props in terms of they're challenging the situation a little bit more than what the other ladies are doing. And I think the reason why Bows and Garcel are doing the best is because there isn't They're not. They don't have this history of being a part of like this Beverly Hills society. Bows has been a working ass boss working in corporate corporations for years, and you have Garcel, who has been a black Hollywood iconic actress since she was in her twenties, not to mention a freaking model. So their allegiance to this society of the Beverly Hills isn't the same as this with Erica Durizon and Kyle. And that's why those two women are pushing the envelope more when it comes to like, Okay, we have to really stand what's happening.
Speaker 1: Because this is this is my thing, Ryan, right.
Speaker 2: Like, for example, when Garcel is challenging something like and mind you she's saying in her interviews not in her face, which is another cop out to me, but whatever, I'll take it. She gave a little bit more like you said when she said I'm going to I'm going to sleep girl, because girl, you're trying it. But when Garcel pretty much said that Sutton has.
Speaker 1: Blind us on when it comes to Kyle and.
Speaker 2: Something is sort of not seeing it, do you think the comfortability that Garcela is not having calling something out and she's never done it before is because of what you're saying. She feels like, why the fuck am I sharing the same stage with Kyle if she's not going to give us the reality?
Speaker 1: But Kyle pushes everyone else to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm watching people collect paychecks rather than participate in I mean, and at this point, the whole season is based on like this false premise of a sisterhood that's Sutton set up. You know, it's like what you know, Like listen, I am not a female, but like I you know, my view of a sisterhood is not this season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. So we already start the season on this kind of false premise that you see slowly chip away. And it's just weird because you're seeing a bunch of people that I feel like are coworkers rather than friends. So I would imagine that it is very upsetting for people like Garcel to be like, I don't get I don't get what our purpose here is. Like you're telling me one thing off cameras and in our natural friendship when the cameras go up, you are mom on the word what are we supposed to talk about here?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, this episode was pretty much apparent that this group is dysfunctional. Let me tell you something, Ryan Strack, I won't go by the name Carlos Jane because.
Speaker 1: My good sister.
Speaker 2: Erica Jane clocked in and Erica, who carried three seasons, three consecutive seasons, going through the terrible things with her ex husband. I was like, Okay, my girl deserves a break, and I'm fine with that, but I love Erica clocks the girls. When Erica Jane told Sutton, you don't support these women, and you like to make it seem like it's a sisterhood, that's bullshit. You like to say it, but you don't act, You don't act upon it. Not only that you do have a tendency to come in say ooh, I want to help you, and then you go around and you do dirty shit behind the back. She needs to say those exact words that's been paraphrasing and then Ston being look, I like when Sutton is herself, she was dead as wrong.
Speaker 1: But I found a comical when she.
Speaker 2: Said, you said, I don't support women, and she's like, no women in this group is who I'm talking about. Don't play in the gambles of maxist. To me, the fact that it took that ad I don't support women, sut it girl calmed down. But Erica clocking Sutton is lack of emotional intelligence when it comes to being there for the women on the show was my favorite part of the episode to me, because I think it's true.
Speaker 4: You know, it was a it was a great part. But come on, like any like a blind deaf person can clock Sutton.
Speaker 3: That is not a great feat.
Speaker 4: Like you know you like a broken clock can be raw right twice a day, right, Like, it's not hard to clock Sutton. It's just like people are like sometimes like do I want to get into this?
Speaker 3: And so for Erica Jane, this.
Speaker 4: Is like like this is like a free pass, like let her rip, you know, and she they set her up for this great moment and she has it.
Speaker 3: And I will say for this episode, it had.
Speaker 4: So many funny moments in it, like that moment, and you know already Sutton's gonna get rattles. Sutton doesn't know how to communicate as effectively as Erica, so it's not.
Speaker 3: Even a fair fight in any sort of way.
Speaker 4: So Erica, it looks amazing, and you know, yeah, I will say this is the most I've ever liked Erica Jane was this season for me personally, like because I wasn't I'm not into like fashion obviously, and I'm not in the extreme wealth like I've seen that so much. But this has been an interesting season for Erica where it was like you don't have the hot potato anymore and you just get to comment and be around and say what you see.
Speaker 3: Chowd We are just getting started.
Speaker 1: Elevating my style.
Speaker 2: Used to me breaking the bank, but with Quint Honey, I get the high end, versatile pieces at prices that I can actually afford. Now I can upgrade my style by snagging killer luxury essentials that sync with my vibe and my wallet.
Speaker 3: Hey Ston.
Speaker 2: Quins has all the must have like Mongolian cashmere sweaters that ranges from fifty dollars to iconic one hundred percent leather jackets two plus. They got comfortable pants that you could wear for any occasion. But one of the best parts about Quinn's items is that there are priced fifty to eighty percent than less similar brands. So when you partner directly with top factories, Quin's cuts out the cost of the middleman and passes the savings onto us.
Speaker 1: Quinn's only works.
Speaker 2: With factories that are safe, ethical and responsible manufacturing practices, along with premium fabrics and finishes. And you know I love that. So I got a chance to get the joggers. Hey, cheat, these amazing sweatpants. They feel so good, they're cashmere, they're comfortable. I get to wear them as I run errands, do a podcast, or even go to the jet.
Speaker 1: So if you're interested indulge.
Speaker 2: An affordable luxury honey, go to quins dot com slash king for free shipping on your order and three hundred and sixty five day returns. That's q U, I and c E dot com slash king to get free shipping and three hundred and sixty five day returns Quins dot com slash king. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. I definitely can see your point when it comes to like something is an easy target because she can the thing what something is. I like it when she has a moment where she's sort of unhinged the fact that she's like I'm leaving and she's walking away and she's like, I need to be alone for two seconds. I'm obsessed with those moments because again, that's the real Suddon. And I find it quite strange, even for me that I am now off.
Speaker 1: A sudden like this big spot, because there's a.
Speaker 2: Time where everybody's like Carlos, We're hopping off the Ston train, and I'm like, no, bitch, I'm in that bitch first class.
Speaker 1: I'm not in seventeen ce Lisa Barlow. I am in row two fucking A.
Speaker 2: And I am loving everything she's doing because I find it so entertaining.
Speaker 4: See, I love I love that, I love that there's a housewife for everybody, and that you know, not everybody's gonna love to say, and we all don't watch the show in the same way either, So like you are kind of saying that you love Suddon because of the mess, because that she will say these unhinged things, and that is very entertaining to watch. Some of us are watching it so seriously that we're like, this is ridiculous. It is so hurtful. I can't believe it. And that is the concept of the show. It was like that, that's why the sisterhood think at the beginning of the season is so funny, because that's how many times have we seen like a true genuine sisterhood of women.
Speaker 3: That have each other's backs like Bo's.
Speaker 4: It was almost cute of her saying this Saint Lucia trip is going to be so happy, so wonderful, and I was like, have you watched any Housewife trip before Saint Lucia? That is not like And as a producer, Carlos, when you see Bo's do a talking head where she's talking about the wonderful like I've planned all of these events, It's going to be so amazing, amazing thing to like as a producer, are they sitting there going lol? Like are they winking at each other? Like we'll see how good this is? Like you have a boat, you know the history of boats on Housewives. They're never going to have a nice, friendly scene on a boat. And I love that Bo's is still so wide eyed and innocent in this world that she believes this truly will be a magical vacation.
Speaker 2: Yes, because the thing is this, I tell people all the time, when you see a housewive going to cast trip, oh honey, honey, where there is a boat, a dinner table, or the beach, an argument is going to ensue. It is what it is the formula in which we know will go down. And that's exactly why this episode was fun to watch because it definitely delivered what we all wanted it to. When we realize, oh, you guys are going on a trip, yay, this means we're going to see some real intense moments. One of the moments that I thought was so interesting was this Sutton revealed No, it was even I think Garcel Ryan, tell me if I got this wrong. Garcel reveilt in her confessional that Mo meaning Mauricio, has been seen with that woman before at the restaurant, multiple places and multiple places. So the woman that he was caught with at the airport where Jennifer Aniston goes there, but the Papa Rochter, the and the followed this Rhyanniston.
Speaker 1: They followed Mauricio.
Speaker 2: And it was revealed that that woman has been seeing Alvi with Mauricio at dinners and how sut And called Kyle. This is the reason why I believe that again there needs to be a cast change with this show. Why are you calling Kyle off camera to say I've seen Mauricio out with this woman?
Speaker 4: Wait are you talking about? No, I think Bo's called Kyle and left a three and a half minute message. Yes, sorry, Bose called Kyle. And then she was like, I'm a girl's girl. It was that kind of this amazing moment, and I think she played a little bit of the voice and she was like this girl isn't even good looking. If you're gonna do this, do it with a better looking girl. And I will say that three and a half minutes that's better than any Bravo Leberty's podcast out there. Like put that three and a half minute voicemail out bows, like that is going to be better than any Bravo celebrity.
Speaker 3: Podcast that is on the market currently.
Speaker 4: But that was it is that she left a three and a half minute voicemail or voice note to Kyle once she saw them at the Soho House in Malibu.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. I want that shit to be on camera.
Speaker 4: And well why But as a producer, why isn't it if you know that exists, if you hear like, why are we.
Speaker 3: Not getting those moments?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing I think, because listen, I can't confirm this right because I don't work on the show. I think Kyle just has these ladies not bowing down to her. That's the wrong word to use, but I think Kyle, I mean, Kyle has set the stage for this is my show, and I set the tone for what happened. And I yes, I love the moment of the Voiceboule being played, but I like it better when it happens in real time. I miss the days of like you hold things until the cameras on and you say, hey, by the way, I was at so House Malibu and you're eating your medium rare steak and you say, and I saw Marisa with a woman, like why not do that?
Speaker 1: So for me, great moment for the show.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I think it's another thing that raises the flag in terms of like what has happened to Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: Why is this show feeling self produced behind the scene.
Speaker 2: And so protected and nobody's having real conversations and listen, I'm gonna say this, and I mean when I say it makes me miss Jersey because at least with Jersey.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, girls.
Speaker 2: Call each other out so much and you're like, well, damn, Like watching Beverley Hills this season makes me miss Jersey Housewives.
Speaker 4: There could be a happy balance, Carlos, Who I mean, couldn't there be a mix of Jersey and like, there should be more of this mix, And right now it just feels like Beverly Hills is all about what's not said and what's not told, and you know, Jersey always feels like it's like everything's out there and so like there has to be some sort of balance. And I was like sitting there thinking less and I was like, is it humane to just have these ladies attached to a GoPro like three sixty five, like a live mic, like you know, Portia and Dennis they have live mics at the end of this week's Atlanta you know, hot Mike hot mic, which, by the way, that was another moment I still am like, wait, don't you have to check in your mic pack at the end of filming?
Speaker 3: How are they still having their mics on?
Speaker 4: And so why can't we just mike these Beverly Hills ladies up twenty four to seven, like, just have a mic, just a hot mic moment all the time. We don't even need the cameras, just the audio.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, because they're not giving it to us.
Speaker 2: But this is why, this is why this social experiment of Beverly Hills Housewoks is so entertaining. Because Belly Hills is in California. Orange County is in California. These two shows could not be more different. Yeah, could not be more different, both in California, but closely different. Those OC women. I think Carlos King is saying this, and I don't care who gets mad. What makes OC the greatest of all time in terms of a show that has lasted almost twenty years ninety Yes, and their last couple of seasons have been the best ever.
Speaker 1: That's you got to give them a trophy for that.
Speaker 2: Those OC women call each other out, but they always find a way to resolve it.
Speaker 1: And I believe they like each other. I believe they like each other. I believe Gina Emily.
Speaker 3: I believe they want to like each other.
Speaker 4: I believe they want to like each other or they're open to liking each other, where it feels like Beverly Hill's pretty resolute in what these friendships are, how far they're willing to go. At this point, there is gonna be no de Read Garcel, There's gonna be no Duret Sutton at this point. I feel like it's pretty finite in what their relationships are. And we've gone to you're gonna keep seeing the same beats again and again with those three ladies in particular, whereas OC, you know, really like to their credit, and also I would include salt Lake on this and the Atlanta this season. I mean, we have new cast members and they're already working off of each other way better than these Beverly Hills ladies are. I mean new cast members on Atlanta already working together in a scene where they're on top of each other and they're calling people out, and I was so refreshed. It was so refreshing to see that in Atlanta, because sometimes with new cast members, you're like, oh, this is gonna be a slow build. But I think salt Lake does it excellent and OC, yeah, last season one of the best seasons ever. I just don't feel like Beverly Hills is in that same realm anymore, which is.
Speaker 3: Wild because it's a lot of our favorite favorite Housewives iteration.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, Kyle rich is my number one favorite Housewives.
Speaker 2: So I do believe that a change has to happen in order for this show to get back to his glory days. Atlanta is having a great season. Two episodes in Salt Lake City is an amazing show. I loved every single episode. There was not one filler. OC is the greatest in terms of an amazing season for a show that's.
Speaker 1: Been off for almost twenty years.
Speaker 2: And I just think there needs to be a real conversation about like what is Beverley Hills, because it can't be about like you said, Beverly Hills is so like Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a show about the show, you know, it's not about like these women getting along.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like, well this happened at Solhouse in Malibu. Well this happened at the airport. Well this happened. It's like, why aren't we seeing it and being told about it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well no, I had a great acting teacher back in the day. That's always like show us, don't tell us, show us. We want to see things that are shown. Don't tell us about it, show it. And I know we're working under the confines of like shooting days, but it is that thing is that you know, Beverly Hills is always going to get a really high ratings in terms of viewers, so they can kind of coast a little bit and still get like a what like a point eight zero nine and like ratings every week. They can coast on that, so they don't have to make any real changes. But I think, in my heart, I want them to break this show for the overall health of it in the long run. And I don't know what that necessarily means, but I do think there's a world in which we get these ladies, you know, working together in a more dynamic fashion, even if it's fighting in a more dynamic fashion, because I feel like they're getting lapped by other housewives and this shouldn't happen with Beverly Hills. And I know that's I don't want to be negative because there's still so many great things about this and you know, it's so funny. I'm just you watch these other shows and it's sometimes a much more enjoyable viewing experience.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, now listen, I agree with one hundred percent of what you're saying. I really did enjoy this episode because I felt like things were being called out to the forefront, and I enjoyed that. But I think if you think about the future of the show, I mean, look all of the Hollywood stylists, from Julia Roberts to Jennifer what's her name, Laurence, thank you, Ryan, they.
Speaker 1: Watched the show, so it is, and I think Reese Riperspoon.
Speaker 2: Watched it because she was on the plane with Cobridge Church and they have a deal together allegedly.
Speaker 1: So it's watched.
Speaker 2: Like you said, by so many people because it's aspiration though, and it's a good looking show in terms of like showing Billy Hills, showing California, showing the Armez bags, Jennifer Tilley and her lifestyle, Kathie Hilton. You get to see all these amazing things. But when I think about the longevity of the show, I think they have to take a page out of the Book of OC. Not the Book of Psalms, not the Book of Jacob, but the Book of OC. Okay, and really come back to what you said. Even if you aren't the best of friends. One thing OC does well is you believe they want to like each other and you believe they want to be friends and they really want this to work. And I just don't believe that for Billy Hills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, we even have these like you know, uh, Deuri brings up Kim Richards to Kyle, and Kyle's like, oh, listen, we don't really you know, we're not as close anymore and we don't dive any deeper into that, you know, and like Kim is og Beverly Hills, and I think the audience would love to know a little bit more about that. So we have these great I mean, listen, at this point, Kyle just needs.
Speaker 3: To date John Jansen. I get this show back on the back on track.
Speaker 4: But you have all of these great building blocks and this show will always be there. There's no chance this show will ever go off the air unless they choose to have that. But I just I want I don't know, it's hard, like I don't you would know this way more than I would as a producer. I just want them to like take this very seriously and not be able to hide as much as they are. And with the Mauricio like I just feel like, God, I'm getting every bit of information about Mauricio that I want, and he's barely even on the show. Like I know his dating history way better than any of those other ladies, and that, to me is frustrating. I'm still confused about durt and PK, Like, wait, seven page email, you're threatening to divorce. We see the scene last week where he's like, I don't know if we'll be divorced. I don't know no resolution there, Like where are we are you dating anybody to read?
Speaker 3: You know, has anybody caught your eye?
Speaker 4: And on top of it, we have things like we see christylanex Durite's glam that came at her this past week or a week and a half ago, which is a wild thing to not comment on when we're talking about pocketbooks and wallets and things like that. Of we have this guy christillan Nex, who you see briefly in a shot from last night's episode, who was there on the trip with Durit, saying that potentially or allegedly, Durite didn't pay some portion of a bill. And I'm like, Okay, whether that's true or not, that would be interesting fodder for the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, because we tracked when people used accue Charae of not paying bills, we didn't hide it. We showed it, and we showed Charae defending herself. We showed char saying they did complete the job, I'm not paying them. So again, I don't understand this big protection that is clouding Biley Hills, but it's not making for a season that could have been great because it started off strong to me with the re versus Kyle, and then I think once that sort of like simmered.
Speaker 4: Oh that was so good with Durit's smoking in the car.
Speaker 3: And I was like, wow, this is like really this that.
Speaker 4: Felt so frantic and real, and or even the Kyle Darite scene at Duret's place where you see that she's like her whole like her plants are dying and she's like like hoarding things almost out.
Speaker 3: Of here, like wow, dar you know, and Kyle's like it used to be so clean in here.
Speaker 4: Those little moments are like, to me, what makes this show fly? But then they kind of get dropped or pushed to the wayside, and I think, to me, that's like really interesting because you're like, oh, wow, Dured has nothing to lose. This season, but I thought it was way more interesting when it went with her and Kyle as opposed to her and Sutton.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Agree, So Ryan, my last question for you is this, who would you like.
Speaker 1: To see return to next season of Belly Hills.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm gonna really get people hate me right now, Like I mean, this is It's gonna be really bad, and I'm so sorry, and I want to tell you I'm basic a nice person and I this is I I say this with peace and love. I want Kyle to sit a season out. I just I know that's never gonna happen unless she chooses it, but I want her to sit it out. I want her to really think about things and really like kind of figure out what her life is looking like at this point forward. I want her to sit out. And I there's no way to answer this question. That's if Kyle's out, I think Sorry, guys, I think Garcell's out as well.
Speaker 3: Break up.
Speaker 4: These things don't have sudden have anybody there in her corner, don't have the Garcel of it all, don't have the I mean, I want to see more of Bow's I want to see, like, let's see how Eric like Erica Jane. You got to see a different side of once Lisa Reno was off the show. I thought that was really interesting. So some of these friendships are even like on Potomac with the you know, Giselle and Robin being split up, you get to see another facet of their personality. So what does Durit look like without trying to get Kyle's affections or sudden without Kyle's affections? It seems like Kyle everybody is gunning for affections. Maybe we need to take that away and see where those ladies stand at that point on and then refresh with a couple of like maybe heavy hitters. I don't know if you want to do stunt casting like Denise Richards, but there is a world in which potentially, if you're going to get somebody big away like that from Kyle, maybe somebody else comes in that's an actual name.
Speaker 3: Do I know? What I just said is Bunker's bananas? What about you?
Speaker 1: I listen. I love a choice that is controversial like that.
Speaker 4: So Kyle's my favorite with no, Kyle's my favorite too. I hate to say that Kyle is somebody that I think is like I genuinely will love her no matter what she does, and if she's on this show until the end of time, it's deservedly. So I'm just trying to think of, like what could actually make people sit up and pay attention.
Speaker 2: Listen, I am not going to allan you and your thought.
Speaker 1: I love a controversial thinging. I love it. I love it. I would love to see chrisy Tiagan on the show.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't you love to see that John Legend relationship in real life?
Speaker 1: Just I want to see Listen.
Speaker 2: What made Billy Hill special to me was like when I got a chance to see like my soap opera stars be real people like Lisa Renna who was Bobby and Days of Our Lives and Eileen Davidson, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, and then you know I knew.
Speaker 2: Of Kyle and Kim based on Paris Hilton being their niece, So I just enjoyed that. And then I'm a fan of Guarsel from my childhood. So and then I mean, Denise fucking Richards for Pete's sake, Like, I do want some old Hollywood or soap opera stars to come to this show. So I do want to see more celebrities because I think what makes Hills so special is when you see celebrities be real people. It's sort of like the US Weekly category in the magazine Celebrities. They're just like us, and I want to see that. I think the plot has been missing in terms of, like, let's see wealthy celebrity women who are willing to show us a piece of their lifestyle. Adrian Mloof was fantastic, you know what I mean, like Lisa Vanda Pump, but like we had Adrian Mlouke who owned a fucking basketball team, like you can't who's denied that star power? Oh?
Speaker 3: What about well?
Speaker 4: I mean, this is what about Meghan Good who just got engaged to John I.
Speaker 3: Will see that.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you were going to go far, I want to see Megan mark all.
Speaker 4: I mean by the way she might need the career rehab eventually. Or what about what is there a world and this suld would there be a world in which Paris Hilton would join and you'd still be able to keep Kathy that way and like this kind of periphery role. I mean, I don't know, there's so many options, but I think you know, from a production angle, I just wonder, like, you know, if it's not completely broken, don't fix it. If we're bringing in the advertising dollars, don't. I mean, but at the end of the day, I just think it's gonna make the job harder and harder as seasons continue unless we break down the secrets and all of the defenses that are like put up these ladies, like you said, the protections. If we can break those down a little bit, I think you have a wonderful cast. But like let it rip, you know, like Porscha said this week, you know, or the producer said to Porsche, break it, break it.
Speaker 3: I can I break the fourth wall? Break it, like break this show? Break it? Yes?
Speaker 1: No, I Ryan, you know, I disagree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Break it something. Yes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But I feel like it may not be broken. But I definitely feel like there's a little loose script.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Guysia, please don't. I'm not saying this is completely broken. I still watch it. I still laugh at so many moments. I think it's just because I have such a deep love for it that I want better for it in the long run.
Speaker 3: And that's it. And also we Carlos real quick, but I do.
Speaker 4: Kathy Hilton, this is one of our greatest performing artists of all time. Yeah, we have to admit at this point that she is like fully fully doing fake scenes, right like the scene with her assistant on the phone where she goes off and does the makeup. You know, like that's very Kathy and we're like, oh, crazy Kathy. But there's a cameraman in there. You don't just forget, Like there's a cameraman with a camera, a guy in like cargo shorts, filming Kathy Hilton in her bedroom and bathroom. Does Kathy Hilton really forget that her assistant is on the line for twenty minutes?
Speaker 3: Or is that a.
Speaker 4: Bit that Kathy does because she's our world, she's our world's greatest performing artist.
Speaker 1: I believe it is a little bit of both.
Speaker 2: I definitely believe in the beginning, when Kathy first came on the show, the sort of like comedy relief was her. And what happens that I can share with you a reality producer, what happens is when in reality star gets rewarded for a very singular behavior trope, they go above and beyond to constantly give you that. And I think what Kathy is doing is she's leaning more into it. I think it's funny. I kind of think we're all over it. To be honest with you, I think the bit is a little bit too much pun intended. I think she's playing into the trope of like, oh, I'm this ditsi woman. Do I think she's a fun ditsi woman in real life?
Speaker 4: Sure? Right?
Speaker 1: But I definitely think.
Speaker 4: I think she's smart as hell. I think she's smart as hell.
Speaker 1: Like I think it's a character.
Speaker 2: Right When I say she's did see, I mean the character she has to portrayed, Like when Paris has to reveal to us that that's not her rope speaking voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's like, what's up? Like she has like a baritone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I think that's what Kathy does. I think Paris had said she she makes money playing this character, which was a ditsie blond, and I think that what Kathy Hilton has done. She's the adult version of Paris. And my last draw with the bit was the fashion show. I'm like, girl, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, Like you've been to so many fashion shows with both of your daughters, with all of your family, there is no way that you didn't know that you were standing in front, or to even go backstage and suggest that Durree make hey, duri should make some comments during the fashion.
Speaker 3: Show, like Kathy knows how fashion shows.
Speaker 4: Are run better than most fashion shows, like there's no way, but it's funny as hell. The audience gets that quick hit of adrenaline because it's a funny moment. But I just think Kathy Hilton is so damn smart, and it's like Chris Jenner in a way. We'll never see the real Chris Jenner on the Kardashians, but we know she's there and she's really powerful.
Speaker 2: Agreed a great agree, And I would like to see Kim Riches come back. So that's that's that's that's my thing.
Speaker 1: That's it. If she's if she's at a good place in her life and her sobriety team recovery.
Speaker 2: But that's important, that's the most important, you know, as a human being. So my Boston prayers and love goes out to Kim Richards. But whenever she's ready to be back on television the best healthy way possible, I would love to see her comeback. Just like Ryan Strak, I would love to see you come back. On Reality with the King. I always have so much fun with you. You're so intelligent and you bring so much thoughtful dialogue to these shows, and today's episode was no exception. But you also have an amazing podcast that we all love so Bad is Good with Ryan Bailey, So talk to us about the podcast, what they can expect, and how they can subscribe to your podcast as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just go on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, leave a five star review.
Speaker 3: Do it for this one as well. If you hated anything.
Speaker 4: That I said, just skip the podcast entirely and just support Carlos Raindrops. But no, we I do a full like line by line reenactment of Beverly Hills and like I'm doing somewhere else Southern Charm, Atlanta. But we also do things like we had Susan Morrison, who has a New York Times bestseller about Lauren Michaels, the creator of Saturday Night Live that's out right now. We did an hour long conversation with her about SNL's fiftieth and the origination of SNL. So we'll we did the Karen Reid trial, so we go into different pockets of pop culture. But my one true love has always been reality series. And that's why, Carlos, you know what a fan I was of yours even before I got to meet you, So anytime to be able to speak to you is truly truly meaningful to me. So thank you, man, I really appreciate this opportunity.
Speaker 1: No, thank you, And I love your podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm a subscriber and I listened to it weekly, and guys, listen, Ryan Bailey is so funny, but he really the difference between Ryan's pod having a lot of others is he goes deep in the in the in the conversations about these shows, and he really he really brings an intelligent, you know, conversation to what we're seeing and it's so thought provoking. So if you're looking for our thought provoking podcast that also was funny and hilarious, make sure you guys.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to you. So bad is good with Ryan Bailey. I'm a fan of his work and his podcast.
Speaker 4: Well now I'm gonna cry. Now you're making me. We're having a tearful and joyful moments. Which, by the way, I was listening to you talk about Atlanta. You know, I was like, I'd already watch Atlanta and I loved it, and then I was watching a clip of you where you're like, here's the deal, rain drops it I you almost got like.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, he's gonna say he hated it.
Speaker 4: He's gonna say you were like, I've got to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I've got to be and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: I literally just did a whole recap where I thought, I said, this is like the best thing, and.
Speaker 3: Then you're like, it's fantastic, ten out of ten.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh god, thank god, because I was like, if I am this far off in what I saw on that first episode of Atlanta, I was going to be so embarrassed. And I was like, but you really teased me, you know what I'm talking about. You really teased it in that video, and I really thought you were going to say it was horrible, and I was like, oh my god, am I not seen something. So I'm just glad that you made me more confidently at work.
Speaker 3: So thank you.
Speaker 1: No, it was good. It was good. It was good.
Speaker 2: It was a great premiere. If you guys aren't watching Atlanta, you missing out. Watch Atlanta Housewives every Sunday. Antacom sum Central and Beverly Hills Too, every Tuesday eight o'clock Summer Central and both shows the next day on Peacock Ryan and My Brother, Thank you and I will talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Thank you by rain Drops.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit realitywthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby