Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: I'm in this, bitch, all we here, do you hear me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You're on here. You're in here twice right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why are you on twice?
Speaker 2: Kind that's the kind of presence I have, Chase, I got blue blocker glasses on. Life is good. You look handsome as all hell. Congratulations, thanks dude, Yeah, no worries. Throw my beard out trying to look like you a little bit, dude. You don't want this kind of look at them patches. Bro, I have pubic care on my face. You got that, you have that. You got that number one hit beard, Dude, I got that. I got that. Not even Billiard's top twenty five. I can't even get on there.
Speaker 3: I'm twenty four right now with my current Are you really do?
Speaker 2: You were number one for a little bit, weren't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're number listen new song though with lonely few hours, number number twenty four. It is climbing though, I mean it should get there. I was on you number one for like two or three weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were killing it for a while. I mean I keep I keep posted for a while. I'm always all your stuff. Man, you're killing it out there. Ice.
Speaker 1: Did you know that album drops on May fifteenth? Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the album Part two is May fifteenth. Uh Part one. It's weird.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's gonna be crazy because I uh, part one we dropped. I was in I was in Amsterdam. Actually the night that had dropped. That wasn't any fun at all. It was the best place in the world to be when you drop an album. I'm dropping every album. I'm going to answer it.
Speaker 4: So but then that was our last show the whole year, except for we did.
Speaker 3: One with Garth in February.
Speaker 4: And then then I've been off. So I dropped Part one.
Speaker 3: Now I'm about to drop Part two and we're still off and we're supposed to be off now. But it's like, I don't know what's gonna happen when I get back. It's it's gonna be crazy because my song's climbing. We got two albums dropping, or put part one and two of the same album, So it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 2: When you when you like as far as like making money, which I know that's up what the whole business is about. But to make a living, how does it work. It is touring the way you make your money, or is when those albums and that the song is good at number one and stuff like that, like what would generate more revenue for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean really it is. For the most part, you just get the most you get the number ones whatever, not even number one. Number ones don't really matter. People don't really know. People think I've got like ten number ones. I've only had one number one ever. But if it's high on the charts, that's what really matters. If you can get three or four top fives in a row, then all of a sudden, the touring people start paying you more money to go on tour, your slots deeper in the slide. Then all of a sudden, you're either right before the headliner, you are the headliner right now, I'm the guy right before the headliner. If it's you know, thirty to seventy thousand, if it's you know, five to eight thousand, it's me.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you get more paid more the more hits you get.
Speaker 3: And unless you're Eric Church, I think he's only got like six or seven number ones ever, and he's selling out stadiums, so that he's one of the anomalies. I got respect to that man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guy's a unit game. That guy that's is that one of the dudes you model your music off of? Is that? Like? Is ri Church one of those guys or who.
Speaker 3: I would say is? I wouldn't say out of my music because I think my music is real different, But I just I respect the hell out of him just because the way he's built it. He hadn't played the game. He's he's not full of ship. He's just he's just himself. He's like he's himself. And the thing I respect the most, I think is uh, which is has been a big thing for me the last three years. I'd say it has been at anybody. And there's nothing more important than the music. That's all that matters. You can be popular, you can do the Instagram, you can have all this ship, you know whatever, But if the music get in there, none of it matters and there's no reason to be in it.
Speaker 4: And that's where I'm focusing on with with like from Eyes on.
Speaker 3: You to the Part one to the album Part two, it's like nothing matters more than the music, the songs and the production, and that's what matters. I think everybody gets lost these days, and uh, or I do anywhere I have anyway, and like the social media and how popular are now, that shit matters unless of music's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's that's part of the game though, right, Like, that's what you gotta do. Like people, you need one hundred thousand plus followers, you need a million followers. Whatever it is you said you got you were like stuck in that life or whatever you said you get caught up in it. How'd you get caught up in it?
Speaker 3: You just start thinking about you just start seeing what's in front of you and start thinking about what's important. Uh, Like what's important? Or am I popular here on Twitter? A my popular here on Instagram? In mind this and my that? And if you're thinking about that, you're not thinking about the music and what's That's what really matters. The music is literally all that matters. And as far as I'm concerned, and you can get way more famous and doing all this. Uh, you can get the fame without the music being any good at all.
Speaker 4: But for me personally, if the music sucks, there's no reason to do what I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, since you've had since that, like your music is coming out like during this whole quarantine phase. Like it's been like over a month now, like with everything fresh and hot, Like, what are you doing now that you're not You're probably supposed to be on tour. You're probably supposed to be a bunch of stuff to kind of red this album up.
Speaker 1: What are you doing now? Like, what's the what's the pivot during a time like this?
Speaker 3: Uh, drinking.
Speaker 4: My thing with creativity for me, anyways, I can't force it.
Speaker 3: If I if I get on a zoom call and we're trying to write a song, I don't care about that.
Speaker 4: I don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to It's not my thing. I'd rather get in the room, feel the energy whatever you want to call that, and write a song in person.
Speaker 4: Right now, I've toured for seven years, so this is like a man.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of months off anyway, and then we're supposed to be on you know, a month ago, we're supposed to start, and now I can't. You know, I can't do anything because we're not allowed to. So I'm like, all right, I'm not gonna try to force anything. They're gonna make me take a break. I'm gonna have no problem with that because I'm, like I said, word for seven years, so I'm chilling any idea I get, though. I'm just writing in my phone and I'm saving it because at some point it's all gonna break loose. We're gonna be back on tour. I'm gonna start writing like crazy again, and all these ideas that I'm, you know, writing down during quarantine are gonna be written.
Speaker 1: When do you think it'll all end?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I think half the people are idiots, and I think half the people are smart. I don't know. I think I think we're getting so much bullshit information and then we're also getting right information. But how do you figure out which ones.
Speaker 6: Which because we're getting so much information from so many different people who have agendas, Like why can't we just get some information it's true without you telling me, without being.
Speaker 3: Political or this or that, Like, just give me the real facts. And I don't think we're getting that For the most part. I don't think it'd be a problem to go back on to it right now. Personally, if they let me, I would do it. I'm gonna play as many people who'll show up, because I mean, at the end of the day, all grid ass adults, and it's our decision whether we want to leave our house or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's there's something to be said about that. If you want to leave your house, it's fine. I think here's the deal. And this is the most Unamerican thing I'll ever see in my entire life. And I'm not saying this is my belief. I'm just saying, hindsight's twenty twenty. By this fucking thing has gone gotten totally out of hand. The numbers are skyrocketing, the economy is getting absolutely blasted. I'm twenty nine years old, don't know shit. So just take this to a grain of salt. If we would have went back, if we would have met back in February, and Trump or his crew whatever, I don't care what people think about whoever. Like if you would just said, hey, listen, we're taking we're taking a page at a China's book right now. Okay, two weeks, no one do fucking anything. You're not doing nothing, all right, lock it down, has matt suits, we'll deliver food to certain areas. We'll if schedule times, people pick it up. Two weeks. This whole thing would have never been become the issue it was. The problem is is we're dipping our toe into this quarantine and then we're coming out of it, and then we're going back into it, and then everyone's kind of like half in quarantine, half not in quarantine. It's like you got to pick one. You gotta stick with it for a second, and then you got to figure it out. But I agree with you with with your sense of like, hey, your gress, don't you do? You want? You know, personal philosophy in my kitch you want, But if you want to get rid of the ship, you gotta you gotta lock everybody up for two weeks. Man, there's still you're gonna do it. How do you kill a virus? Yeah, I don't have people get it.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's possible to kill it though.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. And we're not going to have or kill this thing. We're just gonna learn to live with it. And some people won't live with it that some people will die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we did. We did smallpox. Smallpox was was a virus that we killed that's basically extinct. Now I believe it's small BUCKX. Was it?
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know enough about the history of any of it.
Speaker 3: I just know for me, I'm not allowed to do anything right now, so I'm not as soon as they let me do something, and I tore my ass is tour and I'm not gonna It's gonna be people's decision whether they want to come to my show or not. That's That's not up to me to tell people to stay at home. It's not up for me to tell people to go out and do whatever they want. I'm in a tour and I, like I said, I think my biggest problem with that all is just the lack of consistency and any of the information.
Speaker 2: That we're getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, that's wrong with y'all. If this is really that big of a deal and this many people are dying, fuck your agenda and give us the facts. That's all that matters.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: It's just interesting because we're in an election year two so you just never know what game is being played at all.
Speaker 3: Times exactly, and whether you're a Publican or Democrat, which one's lying.
Speaker 4: I'm sure both of them.
Speaker 3: Probably right line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they both line, no question about that. I don't think any of that shit. It's it's so ridiculous, both of them, both of them are ridiculous Republicans if you're listening to're ridiculous Democrats if you're listeningous. It's just crazy. It's it's crazy how everyone's has such a strong opinion about sucking everything.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Everyone's everyone's like everyone has the answer. It's so layers that everyone's at the answer, but end nothing happening.
Speaker 4: And that's the dumbest part is just hey, y'all, let's meet in the middle.
Speaker 3: Let's have a conversation about it, like because half the time, like you said, everybody has an answer.
Speaker 4: No, you don't have no y'all know you know ship right.
Speaker 2: And the thing to you that's crazy to me is you look at people having these political fights with each other, like these like right right wing people at these fucking leftist assholes ball Bolly, and then the leftist people at those right wing conservative dicks, and they're all getting after it. But y'all are just complaining about each other, Like, let's fix what's going on.
Speaker 4: Let's have a conversation about and talk about it.
Speaker 2: Simple, Let's just talk about it, dude, Let's let's just talk about it. Ignorant. Ignorant is a beautiful thing because I think everybody to a certain extent, has it. I tell Will this all the time. If you meet somebody that has all the answers in politics, they're the biggest full of shit people have you ever met? Because answer?
Speaker 3: I know. For me, anything in life, anything that's ever happened to me in life that I got good at or that I've got great at, it was because I looked at myself in the mirror and I sucked at it at first, and I figured out how to not suck at it. You face yourself, You face it yourself and the truth of it. Like football, whatever you and I played. I played college ball at Carolina. The reason, the big part that I never became a great pass rusher because it was because I was like, eh, no, I can I can fix my game here, I can be better in my game with on the past, defense and llor this whatever. It's like, Yeah, you might get better those, but you're never gonna be a good pass rusher because you won't practice it and you won't admit, hey, I suck at this, I gotta get better. Same thing with anything, like to face it man, Same thing with music. For me, it was like even right now, I think I'm putting out the best music I've ever put out my life. But I'm not close to happy with it. I'm like, nope, got to get better. I heard the other day on the Outsiders album from Church, He's just flat out better. The production is that much better. The way they wrote the song is that much better. All Right, I gotta step my shit up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great album.
Speaker 1: Do you like, how did you like playing in North Carolina?
Speaker 5: Let's dive into the North Carolina days since we said you brought it up as a.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's Zach Hey, Taylor, a h Taylor? You playing Zach Brown too? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Hey, we all have that connection, dude.
Speaker 2: I got to bro.
Speaker 1: You know, he's just a beauty man.
Speaker 2: That guy is all time human being. Like, like, I'll tell you what, Like, listen to Zach Brown talked to the media is like listening to people argue about politics. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: It don't make sense.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: It doesn't Bro, it's crazy. But the thing is, like Zach, he's so funny dude, and he's so athletic.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so.
Speaker 7: He was my backup when I was a hey step back.
Speaker 3: He was my backup. Because he just wasn't there yet. I mean he was a freshman and it might have been only been one year, I can't remember, but he was. He was such a freak guy. I mean he ran like a four to three, but he didn't know what the hell he was doing. It does defense. Like I said, he was a freshman, so he was. He was as dumb as most freshmen are. And but yeah, I mean he made up for everything with his freak, absolute freak athletic ability. I mean, the guy could. He wouldn't have any technique rush in the passer, but he just run around you inside the quarterback. Dude.
Speaker 1: It's insane. It's insane the ability that dude has.
Speaker 5: And you just you just listen to my man, You're just like, yo, how fucking play at this level?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 4: That's how freaky he is, freakings of an athlete that he is.
Speaker 3: Because wise, I can't speak to anything past Carolina, but playmock wise, he didn't know what he was doing. When we were young.
Speaker 4: He might have came along with Carolina.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but you'll have more experience with that.
Speaker 1: My fiance, Taylor Charrow, went to high school with him.
Speaker 5: And they just said, like in the play with because he played offense, they would just say, like, you know, just give the.
Speaker 1: Ball to Zach, go right, go left, and just let that dude be a monster.
Speaker 5: Dude, I swear to god, he won like the sixty, didn't he nationally in North Carolina?
Speaker 2: Probably, Dude, tar Hill's got them freaks out there. Dude, they musical freaks. They got whatever Zach is ship. That's crazy. I do the damn Marton out here, bros. Just funny, dude, He's he's so funny, like he's east to west speed and like, I mean, grantly if I'm wrong. Boys, you guys will play defense. You don't got to be smart to play defense. He's gotta be reactive, you out there in the trenches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, here he goes.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you have to be as an offensive lineman, you have to be intellectual. You have to handle a conversation. You have to break things down. Dude, front with d linman at Seaball, getball. Dide you guys. Linebackers, you guys are the biggest dummies.
Speaker 5: Linebacker is so much more complex than a freaking old lineman.
Speaker 2: Dude, tell it, tell it, to Zach Brown. Dude, tell it to all pro Zach Brown.
Speaker 1: You just gotta let Zach Brown go. Dude. If he's blitzing on the player you're not supposed to be blitzing on.
Speaker 5: He makes that play in the backfield, you just you pat him on the head and say.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing I know. Here's the thing I know about defense. I've had really, I've been on really good defenses and really bad defenses. I will say the really bad defenses. We our playbook was about that thick, really really good defenses that I was on.
Speaker 4: It was about that thick.
Speaker 7: It was like, that's right right, no doubt you guys Bill Belichick.
Speaker 3: Tell that to Bill Belichick though, and he's probably got one this thick and right right right. That's just I.
Speaker 2: But Bill Belichick's got like guys like uh Van Noy, who's you know, one of those limited athletically smart guys. You know what I'm saying. He has a lot of smart shout shoutout.
Speaker 3: Guys like guys like me, Guys like that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Limited or like smart guys.
Speaker 5: Dude, we can't all, we can't all, we can't all be first rounders.
Speaker 2: Yeah we can't. Yeah, you can't hard work and dedication boys when hey, when yeah look at himself in the mirror, when you talk about looking himself in the mirror, said I suck at this. I looked at myself in the mire and said, you fucking suck at this. But I did it because I but I did it.
Speaker 3: Chase, you know, how how tall are you? What's your weight?
Speaker 2: And you run six seven three ten fourteen? Body fat? And I ran a four four eight.
Speaker 1: You don't run a four to four eight, Dude.
Speaker 2: I said, I ran a four to eight. I must have glitched.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, probably either exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Hey will spout enough about how he ran a four to five out, No I did I?
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, undrafted straight, try hard, bro willed myself to a four or five, willed myself me.
Speaker 4: I just decided.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what, they probably want to draft me top three rounds.
Speaker 4: I'm going to not do as well.
Speaker 3: My senior year, as in, I'm not going to play at all because I'm going to be hurt because I know that in ten years all my buddies are going to be retiring and hurting, and I'm going to go sell out stadiums so that was actually me just being real smart.
Speaker 2: Play the long end, you play the long.
Speaker 3: I take music exchange and don't say Chicago Sports Exchange. It's music.
Speaker 2: I tell you what.
Speaker 1: Shout out.
Speaker 5: Built Bar, Bill Bar is the fastest growing protein bar in the world. They've innovated the perfect protein bar that tastes amazing. We all try to eat healthy and maintaining healthy lifestyle, especially in these quarantine times due the Quarantine fifteen is as real as ever, and we're all trying to find ways to get more protein in our diet. Protein reduces appetite hunger levels while increasing muscle mass and strength.
Speaker 1: That you didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Studies also have shown that protein is by far the most feeling of the three macro nutrients. If you don't know what those are. The macro nutrients are the fat, carbs, and protein that everybody reads on the back of all those fun little labels. Dude, After water, protein is the most plentiful substance in the body. This means the majority of our organs, muscles, and tissue are mostly made of protein. Now, the reason Built Bar is because it tastes fucking amazing. You know, Historically protein bars have been chalky, dry, no flavor, very bland. Not with built Bar, it tastes like candy, like a straight fucking candy bar, dude. It got a chocolate and creamy texture, a variety of flavor options, unlike the traditional protein bars. Again, every day feels like a cheat day with the protein bar. With the built protein bar, no protein bar that tastes this good should have the macros of fifteen grams of protein, one hundred and ten calories, forward grams of sugar, and six grams of fiber, which is fucking huge for that little butthole down there, because you got to get your fiber in. These work perfect because again you get late at night, my late night sweet tooth comes in especially you know, you know the real but you gotta I gotta get that little sweet tooth fixed. I'm able to go to a built bar throughout the day when times are boring in the house, Built Bar easy every day snacking. Built Bar is offering our listeners twenty percent off your first purchase. Go to builtbar dot com and enter the promo code busting at checkout to receive twenty percent off your first order. That is built Bar b U I l T b ar dot com and use our promo code busting to get twenty percent off one taste, and you'll be hooked. Just like the boys.
Speaker 2: You kind of a jack of all trades because you were. You did Survivor too, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did Survivor and twenty ten.
Speaker 3: Uh, Yeah, I got a I got a weird story, man, I uh the football thing. Uh didn't play, didn't I literally got hurt my junior year, miss the entire year, Like that was my breakout of the year. I was supposed to be And.
Speaker 5: So so you were before you get in your store, you were trying to you were had dreams of like NFL stuff, and then injuries kind of hindered that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I mean I was becoming a good enough player. There's a lot of stuff that has to go your way, a lot of different things have to happen, But I was. I'll never know, but it could have happened a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: Before you go any further, there are there are those guys out there that say I could have been this, I could have been that. So you were saying, legit, you had you had a shot for real, you were a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he seems like a realist. He seems like a realist, you know. He didn't seem like.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, if I wasn't good enough, I would just be like, no, I sucked.
Speaker 4: But if you know I had a shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean a lot of guys that backed me up played in the league.
Speaker 5: So you're in the league at a high levelitorials.
Speaker 4: So after college, now, then I went to NASCAR.
Speaker 3: An old coach who had like left Carolina went and coached the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: And left the Dolphins and go to Hendry Motorsports.
Speaker 3: He they hired him to bring in ex athletes to be pitt crewman. So they brought me in. I was part of like eleven guys we worked. We were real bad for a couple months because we had no idea what we're doing. We trained. By the end of the year, we were up on squads. We won two championships with Jimmy Johnson. And I was a jack man in a retired carrier, so all I was doing that. It was an awesome job, but I was I was pretty miserable because I was living in a hotel. You know, it wasn't a permanent thing there. It could have been, but I wasn't all in. And then that's when Survivor called, and I was like, man, this isn't I've never even watched the show, but it's a cool opportunity for me. Get out of this job, go to that, go do that and just maybe make some You could win a million bucks.
Speaker 2: I hate, I hate interrupting you like that, but but you just hit a lot of information there. So you're right, you're ripping that jack hammer and Karen Tyres and Nat Scar for Jimmy Johnson just wrapping it.
Speaker 3: How did you know?
Speaker 1: Hey, they get paid well too. Pit crew dudes get paid well.
Speaker 3: Get paid.
Speaker 2: And Survivor's like, who who's what are they out there looking in the stands? Like who we got out of here? Who's that guy? Who's that handsome motherfucker with the tire? Maybe he'd be good on surviv But how did you? How did you get that call?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Hit you with that?
Speaker 4: So I had a they got recruiters. I guess I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not really sure how that part works, but they I had a girl that I played, uh or that played volleyball at Carolina at the same time I played football. She texted me how to know her she said, Hey, would you want to be on Survivor? And I was like, sure, why not? That was my response. I was like, this is the dumbest text I've ever got, so end up going through the recruiting process. So what she did she knew one of the recruiters that was looking for the country guy. So I was like, all right, I'll go through this. I have asked the whole thing, like, you fill out all this paperwork, you fill this out, you have to send in a video of you.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I didn't give a ship because I didn't I didn't know the show. I didn't care whether it really got on it or not. But I was like, if this happened, and that's a cool thing to do, first of all. Second of all, I could win a million bucks. So I went through it and I got on.
Speaker 2: Man, but how'd you do?
Speaker 4: So I got on? I guess I got second.
Speaker 1: You got second?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I was.
Speaker 3: I was not like it's a strategic game. I was terrible. I'm the worst Survivor player of all time.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 3: I didn't get voted on.
Speaker 5: You got so close, though, you were you pretty pissed off that you didn't get.
Speaker 4: That million and technically I should have won.
Speaker 3: So they uh so it's nine I think number nine people in the jury that year, which if you know anybody, the people you vote all for who votes to win, so you can't piss too many of them off.
Speaker 4: And then so I lost five to four.
Speaker 3: But right, Wes, we're going to break Jeff on the live shows, like new rule change next year. Anybody that quits the season is not allowed to be on the jury, which I agree with. If you quit, you should be sent for fuck home and you should be done. And the two of the girls that on my season were quit and they were on the jury and they voted for the other guy. So technically on the new rules, I won four to three.
Speaker 1: But hey, hey survivor, listen, you know this man, a million bucks.
Speaker 2: Dude, a million bones.
Speaker 1: He said, technically I want new rules, you know how it is?
Speaker 2: New rules not a big deal at least somewhat six K in there, because after taxes and all that, Yeah, it would have been nice.
Speaker 3: No, but I so when I got so, when I got done with that, and I went on that as a NASCAR picker worker, even though I was starting to write songs and stuff into twenty ten, I didn't want. I did not want to be that guy that goes on with the guitars, like, hey, listen to me, sit around the fire, and you know how you've seen it.
Speaker 2: You would have got me.
Speaker 1: I would have been all ears, dude, you could have got mine.
Speaker 3: Saying look at me out of right, even though I was on there as a NASCAR picker worker when I moved to Nashville. So I got done with the show over Oh, when I moved to Nashville, it did hurt me that I was on that show. And I'll tell you in a second. So I got home, you know, went back to NASCAR. They were like, dude, you can't do the job. I was thirty eight pounds later, So I take I take my So I go to Nashville for the second time ever.
Speaker 4: First time I ever went was like it's a few months before.
Speaker 3: Six months before, I got in a fight with one of my crew members, so they suspended me for two weeks. So I came to Nashville to visit Brian from Florida, Georgia line. We god buddies just grew up together and I was hanging out of their house. That's when I fell in love in Nasha with Nashville. And then when I came back the second time after Survivor, we were I was coming to visit for a couple of days and I was gonna go work back at NASCAR. And by the first night that I came to visit, we were drunk a tin roofs.
Speaker 4: And we just started talking. He had a room available in his house.
Speaker 3: He was like, dude, just moved, just do it, Just move here and let's start writing songs. You know. Or they were already doing it. Uh, they weren't technically Florida Georgia Line yet, they were just kind of him and Tyler were writing a bunch of songs. So we started writing a bunch of songs. I was back in twenty eleven, follow at twenty ten, and and uh then like a year and a half later, we wrote Cruise. So I kind of lucked into a great situation with Brian and Tyler and meeting each other then becoming Florida Georgia Line, and then me sliding in and you know, us started writing a bunch of songs together.
Speaker 1: Damn well, this is all came about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're good, dude. It's part of it's part of the zoom.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: We're just gonnas each other all the time, and that's how this whole thing works out, Chase, when we when this whole thing ends, you got to come on the bus for real.
Speaker 3: So we have a real podcast now, real one for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah for you out your farm right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm on my farm, dude, I'm I'm looking out over.
Speaker 3: You need to come to the farm.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 2: Guys, Hey, I'll tell you what we're down.
Speaker 1: Hey, going to hang on, hangout before we go any farther.
Speaker 5: Having some time the boys, the Boys, we've had history when we when we first started the then when it was called the Den Podcast and not Bust with the Boys, when we were first starting thinking of names and this and that I had actually d m Chase, he damned back responded, talking about Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 5: And then I know, I know we've reached out to you a couple of times and we kind of you know.
Speaker 1: You're the man.
Speaker 5: You are the man, but we kind of got Hey, everybody wants a piece of the boy, but you gotta get line though.
Speaker 4: I was on tour.
Speaker 3: That's that's the greatest part about now is like I'm not on tour, so I'm like, yeah, whatever, let's do let's do whatever. But yeah, when I went on tour, it was like they kept asking me about week days or whatever. I was like, guys, I need a couple of days off here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, we fuel you for sure. We just had to bring that up because we've tried.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as you said it.
Speaker 5: Before we continue. We got attle small little list, you guys know the drill, A small list to accomplish here. NASCAR is fucking back and we're so happy because that means sports are back.
Speaker 1: Engines are hot.
Speaker 5: Favorite drivers shout out Clint All Free shoutouts. Our favorite drivers are ready to lead the pack back into sports. You've seen it with Big Cat and Spider putting work on the I Racing simulator. But now we can sit back and let the pros do the thing. At one of NASCAR's most historic tracks in Darlington, South Carolina. This is one of the first live sporting events in what feels like fucking forever, so you will not want to miss this. Tune into the Healthcare Heroes four hundred Sunday, May seventeenth, at three point thirty pm Eastern on Fox and be sure to download the NASCAR finish Line app. It's a free to play NASCAR predictor game that gets fans a chance to win twenty five thousand dollars every single race. That's the NASCAR finish Line app. It's free to play NASCAR Predictor game. And again, every single race you get a chance to win twenty five thousand dollars. But again, hey, shout out Clint Boyer. Shout out him because he's one of the boys. Hey's for the boys.
Speaker 4: Now what we was just talking about? Oh yeah, my farm. I uh so I'm watching.
Speaker 3: I got my I guy Daniel here and ches Chester is my farm manager. But Daniel's out here doing fences. We're doing half of my big field right here. It's about twenty acres. We're doing I think ten of them in fencing it. And I'm gonna put bison in so about three or four weeks, I'm gonna have bison in my feet.
Speaker 1: Sick.
Speaker 2: We should try to ride this bison?
Speaker 3: You think after midnight one night was No, we're not gonna be like, yeah, let's go do it.
Speaker 2: Now, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Remember you want to run them bison, Let's go ride through things dangerous out here.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a place in Arizona where I'm from, Case three, Arizona called the Buffalo Chip. And if you go on Friday nights before like nine pm, you sign a waiver fifty dollars you can actually go ride a real bull. And so like my boys and I, whenever I go home, you go sit there and watch people absolutely get fucked by these animals, like just like a professional bull running bull or like like we're talking like a bull, like like horns snorting balls still attached to the cow. Fifty bones. Dude, he signed here, you can't sue us. And then we all sit there, we got we're just crushing bud lights watching people get wrecked. And it's like it's like Nascar on steroids because you're watching dudes like that. They get there at six or seven, half a couple of brewis getting a little get a little tipsy. They're about fifty forty pounds overweight, and they think to themselves, I'm a goddamn superhero. They go up there, they sign up and it's over, Dude, it is over. It's crazy. It's like it's it's wild. I had a buddy actually do it. He wrote a couple of times, and he was like a skinnier guy. Tanner, take me, he shout out, Tanner, take me. He he like bought chaps, bought a cow I hat from Yeah, yeah, oh yeah. I got to dress the part. And he comes over and I'm pretty I'm I'm pretty inebriated. It's after my rookie year, so I'm getting after it pretty good. And he's like he rode lands on his leg all weird, tears everything like a c L M c l P c L and like jogs off. He's there's a bull. So he's like running off like like scared, scared of ship, and he's like, tear on my knee, blah blah blah. And I'm like, hammer, let me check you out. I've seen in my head. I'm like, yeah, I've seen people checking these before in football. I can check this guy out. And so I like grab him and I grab him by like the calf and we're like the quad and I started doing the A C L check adjust them. Yeah, you do the adjusting. And I'm like, nah, dude, it's all you're all good.
Speaker 3: What are you even feeling for? You see him doing but you don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: If you like, if you lift up, I'm like, I'm using the other hand holding my fon lift up on the calf. You can feel like a clicking and if it holds, that means east tail is still attached to the to the water, knee or whatever. So in my head of like I'll be drunk. So I'm like I'm like yanking the ship out of this thing, like yeah, yeah, you are right. Hang on my friend. I'm just like, yeah, dude, you're gone. And he's like uh, He's like ah, he's a kind of screaming. I'm like, you're fine, dude, You're good. I think you're solid. Don't think you need to go to the hospital. Goes to the hospital like Tim fib fracture, a cl torn, PCL torn, everything's done. Calls calls me the next day. I'm not at the worst hangover ever and he's like, hey, remember when he said I was fine? I was like no, but what are you talking? Like what are you talking about? Is you checked my knee last night? And he's like, uh, I've tore everything, like it's basically hanging on my skin. I forget to this day it's been like five years. He still has like knee problems, like he can't bend.
Speaker 3: Dude, I've got now, I've got the point. Now if I like I got a creek or something, I can't do anything anymore with that, like picking up my bag wrong, I'm like, oh, my shoulder.
Speaker 2: It's and you're old, dude, how old are you?
Speaker 3: Thirty four?
Speaker 4: It's bad.
Speaker 3: I got so. I got PRP injected into both shoulders like two weeks ago, injected into my right hip and my right arm. I can't raise right now at all, like higher than that because of this injection. Like that go away. Yeah.
Speaker 1: PRP is a little different.
Speaker 2: Brutal for people who don't know what PRP is. Do you think that what plasma rich blood cells? That's a plasma rich.
Speaker 1: Plate, little rich plasma.
Speaker 2: Plate, rich plasma. They pull it out of your red like your They pull your blood and they spin in this machine and they inject it into the area that hurts the problem. Like I've had it done a couple of times, and dude, I got done on my elbow and then my foot and like they did it, everything felt fine. I'm walking back to my car. I literally like I had like crawl, ended up crawling all the way down. I couldn't walk like four.
Speaker 1: Days Kevin surgery due.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't realize that. So my left shoulder, I'm good to go now, pretty good. My right hip, I'm pretty good to go. But my right this must be worse than the other ones or something. So I have my labors are torn in both shoulders.
Speaker 4: So they but you.
Speaker 2: Gotta what are you doing out there in the farm to carry ship?
Speaker 4: Hey man? I said I was. I was a workhorse out there, and.
Speaker 1: Hey, them all them old war injuries.
Speaker 3: Dude, Hey, I thought they were going to inject the back where it hurts, and they're like, no, that's not how it works. We're going into the joint. Okay, cool, And they said they didn't touch the back of my shoulder. They just shot it and right here went all the way in, injected in the joint, pulled out. I'm like, okay, it feels a little weird. That was two weeks ago, and I still can't raise cause the back. So I don't know what's going on in there, but it's got to get better.
Speaker 2: You gotta go. You gotta go see a doctor. Bud be two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, we're gonna you need to go see a doctor.
Speaker 3: You guys might want to you guys want to out with one of your good guys.
Speaker 5: I know, I know that's what we were probably thinking in our head, like Okay, who could we have them go see right now?
Speaker 1: Because that sh it ain't right.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like they snipped something wrong and now it's not even connected or something. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just a tragy. That's a ship that worries me so much about football is like when I like, when I'm done playing, like there's a lot of there's a lot of tread left on these tires, don't get me wrong, but like when that when that tread wears out, Man, Like, what's it gonna be like when I'm forty, you know, or thirty four? You know, that's like ten years from that for me.
Speaker 3: I mean the last like three years, the last three years is when it really kicked in for me. But I mean, like, I mean, I would pop both shoulders out once a week, tore my turnelten in my ankle, tore my late labor them on my right hip. Like the doctor was like, man, you're gonna need your we're gonna probably replace that hip here in the next you know, six seven years.
Speaker 4: I'm like, guys, out of here.
Speaker 7: The hip replacement, I don't labor or something, but I don't know because I feel like like my by Garrett from college, he's an offensive line and played in the league I think ten years and he can't hardly walk upstairs.
Speaker 3: But then I got other buddies that are sixty sixty years old that played in the league for everything. They're like, no, I'm good to go, and they still work out a lot, and I'm like, how are you like that?
Speaker 2: I think the thing is, I really believe this, Like the minute you stop playing sports and you stop working out or like stop doing physical ship, your body is like just goes to ship. Because I like when the season ends for me, I'm like kind of like my body's so callous. That's like, hey, like we've been through car accidents, like this shit's it is what it is. And then like you know, February comes, they start working at again and it's like my body's like it feels way worse than it did ever in the season. Yeah, and then like March and April and everything's kind of back to normal. It's so weird. But like, I feel like if you take too much time off, but I'll never I'll never stop working out. I got to like when I'm done playing, dude this, I know this looks pretty good? Do you right now? But when this when what we're doing when we retire to sixty and I'm not gonna stop looking out. That's what Garrett said, by throlling your fucking bison.
Speaker 3: Dude, dude, that's what Garrett, my buddy Garrett said. He I think I talked to him a couple weeks ago on the phone. He was I saw a picture of him at a wedding and he's he's just kind of you know, I think he's like three sixty five right now?
Speaker 2: Come on, oh bro.
Speaker 1: Oh damn yo, Taylor, have you got three sixty five?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: I don't think you can. I don't think your I don't think your legs can take on mass.
Speaker 4: But he always said he's gonna get granted.
Speaker 2: He's in a job.
Speaker 4: He's in a job like he runs a bar down in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: He's in a job where he's doing he's hustling, he's doing all that work. He's always at his work. I think he's about to get out of that.
Speaker 4: Get the hell literally, because his body.
Speaker 3: I think he's getting out of that so he can start eating healthy, stop being around a damn bar all the time, and get his life together. Like physically, I mean, fotball players, your body hurts way worse. It's great.
Speaker 1: Whoa dude, my body hurts you sitting down right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like getting my posture right too.
Speaker 5: A couple of weeks ago, I got this box of clothing from this company called FreeFly. Their clothing is made from buttersoft bamboo, and I'm not fucking kidding you, it is butter soft. I actually it was over at Taylor's house the other day we were playing spike ball. Brought his gear that people have sent us through him. I was like, yo, you got to check out this free Fly stuff. Through the shirt, I'm like, feel this grabs that. He looks at me, and I'm telling you, softest ship, the softest material I've ever felt. I'm using it for lounging around the house, workouts. You know, I'll probably use it on the golf course. You can use it anywhere. I'm sitting here trying to talk about all these situations. You can use it. You can use it fucking anywhere. My favorite items so far have been like anything wearing on the top. They're shorts, super comfortable, but that's butter softness that I'm talking about is their their long sleeve tea, their T shirt, and their little like one of those like long sleep like thin hoodies. But they're like, you know, that little material. I don't know how to fucking explain it. Either way, you gotta try this shit out. Free Fly was founded by a Montana fishing guide and two Nike marketers. They identified a big problem outdoor clothing was too complicated and too uncomfortable. Together, they quit their fucking jobs, said fuck it, We're going all in on this free Fly biz and made it their mission to create the most comfortable shirt imaginable. On top of being super comfortable, free Fly's bamboo clothing has upf some protection, wicks away moisture, and doesn't hold odor, even that initial odor that you get from most dry fit shirts. You smell yourself right away and it's like, oh, I should have washed it first before I wore it. Not with free Fly, Dude, you put it on right out of the pike package and you're rocking all day long, from fishing to hitting the gym, ranging along the house. This stuff is amazing. You get twenty percent off when you visit free fly apparel dot com backslash busting Again, that's free fly apparel dot Com backslash busting. Appreciate you guys for listening. Now back to the Banger episode with Chase Rice and I can't wait for you guys to hear the Bachelor his Bachelor story.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's the best one.
Speaker 5: But back to the pod.
Speaker 2: Hey what bar in Atlanta?
Speaker 3: Beg Scott, No, it's called Fetch. It's a new play. It's a dog bar. The are gonna start. I'm sure they're gonna be doing crazy. But yeah, it's like, uh, people take their dogs there and they're specialized and for the dogs, for people to go after happy hours whatever with.
Speaker 4: The dogs and all that dogs. People with dogs? Are you all have dogs?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I got a little English bulldog.
Speaker 3: I don't What I don't understand about people with dogs are the ones that think they're humans, Like, yeah, it's still.
Speaker 2: A dog, Yeah I get that, but yeah, but I love my dog. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey hey, no doubt no, you are right about that for.
Speaker 3: Sure, but at least you can have met your most dog people are psychopaths. But hey, my dog.
Speaker 2: Literally if you met my dog a Kiro, she's like like the biggest bit you've ever met in your entire life.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: She's just like, come over to you. Not take any pets. Pets like pickles on the sandwich. You're taking them and leave them. Does not whatever it's whatever to her judges. You stares you right in your eyes.
Speaker 1: You're saying she's a human, like I'm saying Chase is wrong.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm saying yours are people too. Uh yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Will say this could this could be coming from a very deep place of you could jealousy down in my heart because I traveled two hundred forty days a year or something like that, and I want a dog so bad, and I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like they good old boy. They just mess with their Oh just one.
Speaker 3: That's just like I can wrestle with. And then she'll calm down and cuddle me and all that.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 1: And you'll be like, hey, go to your kennel. She'll go to the kennel, or he'll go to the kennel.
Speaker 5: And she'll kind of have the sad face in your bag all right, come climb in the bag, Come climbing there.
Speaker 3: One of my buddies, one of my buddies that I've been hanging with through this whole deal. He's got a dog named Nipsey. It's the exact same dog as as Chance from Homeward Bound. Oh, I really want to get the spikes to the face from the like the same exact Doyle's just like it. But this dog is the best man like I mean, he's just like he'll do whatever you want. He just he's pumpy too. He's like a year and a year year and a half old. Like one night, No names are gonna be thrown out here. But somebody was a little too drunk to find their way to the couch or the bedroom, and the kitchen floor seemed like a great idea to sleep just right on the kitchen floor, right by the sick good thing is by the kitchen floor. There's a cow hide right there, and so the cow hide got wrapped around this particular person and they slept the entire night on the cow hide on the kitchen floor, and that dog didn't leave his side, and the dogstually a pillow for that for that.
Speaker 2: Oh my, that's a good boy.
Speaker 1: That's a good great dog.
Speaker 3: That's a great dog.
Speaker 2: And that man's name was Chase your ice, dude, that's I believe, that's a great story. That's beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 3: You got you gotta do make ship up during Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Everyone needs an animal. I'll tell you don't he don't sleep on a cat, now, Chase. I'll tell you I was never a dude. Don't disrespect just stop.
Speaker 1: Just no disrespect to Spook.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a fan of Spook, especially in October.
Speaker 5: But outside of Spook and kind of Spook, cats, dude, I don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't like cats one bit. They're pumpish, their assholes.
Speaker 7: My wife, I'm not a cat guyd about cats.
Speaker 3: Every cat, well not every cat owner, but I've talked a few that are like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, you'll love my cat.
Speaker 3: You'll love my cat. It's like a dog. I'm like, why don't you have all You're right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Chase, you'll love my cat. It's like a dog. Bro. Hey, I got a dog too. Bro. I just love animals. What can I say? I'll tell you, I'll tell you. The weirdest people are the people that own snakes. If you want a snake or a bird, you fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: Nah, No, snakes are weird.
Speaker 4: I hate snakes period.
Speaker 2: I can't what about people that own by some though, Hey the people rip if.
Speaker 1: They're in the house, you know, that's kind of weird.
Speaker 4: But I don't want that in my house. Chester, Like, this is such a good day. It's so nice out Chester.
Speaker 3: My farm enters driving the Bronco around like trying to get more posts in the ground. I'm gonna have buison out here. At no times.
Speaker 2: Have you been like hanging out with anybody. You've been pretty quarantined seeing at you you you live by yourself, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I live by myself.
Speaker 3: But like I was telling will Olier, like I got h what I got, I got two buddies that that consistently, I've just been hanging with their good dudes, like they're there's single dudes. We're having we're having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, hey, nothing like nothing like three single guys in a farm together getting drunks.
Speaker 5: Seeing what happened with an album dropping, getting the number one on the charts.
Speaker 2: Baby, let's go and I'll let I'll let you on the side of what else happened, but.
Speaker 3: No that they're good dudes, and one of them has a place downtown. So we just switched back from his place to my place. And it's been the best dude, I've had the best time. I can't even lie. I've had the best time. We've we've had farm parties. There's literally three more bars in my house and all my property that didn't exist before quarantine. We make bars up. We built bars.
Speaker 2: You say you got twenty acres too, I got one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and fifty two, but the field right here is twenty that.
Speaker 2: You need to tell me where you like we got that land at because I want to be neighbors. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh I got you, dude.
Speaker 4: I'll text you my exact dress one after this thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hell yeah, dude, I love it. The thing the thing I wanted to ask you about, and I know Will talked about. He did. You did say you're gonna do our podcast before. You did to do our podcast before, but then you know whatever, you bailed and bailed now your back on. It's all good, I will say. So let me paint your picture. I'm laying in bed, my gorgeous recently pregnant wife is laying next to me and I'm watching The Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, here's here's all I know.
Speaker 2: You know why because I texted your ass and you never texted my ass back. So I'm sitting there and that girl I don't even know her name, due all I know is she calls a lot of fucking issues on that damn show, like Pete or whatever his name is. God blessed Pete because Pete's Pallette and I fucking love Aviation. I think it's the coolest shit ever. And I'm watching this stand. I'm like, damn, dude, they're going to I love and I love roller coasters and they go to that place in Ohio. What's it called, to your point? Yeah, and and Pete or whatever he's like, yeah, we're going to see the point. We're gonna rip some roller coasters. I'm like, yeah, this is a great date, dude. This girl doesn't know what the kind of guy he has she has. And he's like, hey, I got a little surprised for her. Got a little country concert individual country concert trucks, and sure enough bearded number one recent song on there, fucking Chase Rice is about to play and this girl starts having an absolute mental breakdown bro about how like they used to date or something used to go on, and Bete's there having the time of his life, dude, dancing his little ass off, loving it. And she's sitting there, big on her eyes with this gig right now, just staring you up. And I can't tell, I can't tell if that the producers did this, but it looked like you were giving her that look like, hey, we got your ass. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: If you're ever asking the question, Taylor.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm gonna get there. Will We got all the time in this podcast.
Speaker 3: We finally got it. Hey, we got him.
Speaker 5: I'm like watching an extra on this on Batchel right now, like Brady for the next episod.
Speaker 2: So she says, you guys, She says, you guys used to date. Now, I don't know about that. I get on my phone, I'm like, hey, I pull up Chase, text you hey, man, like I'm watching The Bachelor, What's what's the deal with this thing? Day goes by, two days go by, go by. But but I also saw that, like you were you got on my People magazine and you were like, I don't want to deal with this drama. I don't want to be putting this drama kind of stuff is as the type of dude you are. He's trying, you're not trying to be famous for the wrong reasons, which I respect.
Speaker 3: The ship out so I showed up so her and I. I'm not going to go to it at her and I because that's she that's her business too, and I don't want to throw her under the bus. But she we talked for a while, you know, through the fall. Yeah, about through the fall, just texting and stuff. She came to a show, hung out. Every time I hung out with this cool chick, had a great time. But yeah, I mean we weren't we weren't dating or anything like that. And I know she's going on the show, so I'm like, oh, that's cool. That'd be fun as hell. You know, you'll probably meet a bunch of friends, you know, just typical whatever, conversation, have fun. That's cool, cool experience. I had a lot of fun on a survivor. You know, it's a once a lifetime thing. She does it. About a week and a half after she leaves, I get a text for I get a call from my publicist and my manager saying, hey, we know you really want to go do this. Pub shows is what I was doing at the time, and I was gonna do one and he's not here my favorite bar in Chapel Hill, And they said, but the day that this lands on, they want to shoot for you to do survivor for you to do The Bachelor. So I'm like, well, it's a no brainer. We'll get eyes on her, the eyes on you alone if you are, We'll get them both on there, play them. That's that's gonna be big promotion. Let's go do it. But then I was like, but wait a minute, is it for the one that's that they're filming right now? And they're like, yeah, yeah, we're it'll be like literally in two or three weeks that you go shoot this. I was like, oh, that's it was taking up that date that uh from me, he's not here where I was trying to play. I'm like, oh shit, okay, so but it is for the one that okay, yeah, okay, uh yeah, I know somebody on the show. Is that going to be a problem like that, There's no way they would actually put me on the date with her, Like somehow screw me in that and they both agree they and no, I don't think they'd do that. They've never done it before.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how stupid were we?
Speaker 2: I mean, I wasn't gonna say it, but you gotta know, you gotta feel like dumb, like man, of course they were gonna do that. Ship.
Speaker 3: The thing is like, they've never done that to a guest on the show though, Like I was their guest coming on, and they've never involved in anybody like that without telling me ahead of time. So we we get to cedar point that day. The week or two, you know, leading up to him, I was actually my trainer. His wife is real involved with the spoilers, trying to figure out she's still Every week she'd come in, she's like she's still on. I'm like, all right, that's fine. You know, that's just a coincidence. And so I get to see her point that day. We actually end up asking I remember my day to day was right there. He asked one of the producers. He said, what's the mayme of the girl on the day today? You know, just kind of checking out. They said, O, her name is Victoria. And as soon as he just starts die laughing, it looks at me just die laughing, like oh oh man, oh well, but then there were still two victorious, So I'm like, right, right, maybe at this point.
Speaker 4: You're just like, that's happened. That's about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a coin flip.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But then about an hour forty about forty five minutes before I go on to the show, I'm in my clothes ready to go play to these people. My my trainer's wife calls Facetimes and she's like, hey, guys, it's gonna happen. The other Victoria. I just found out she was already on the one on one Day. So there's only one Victoria left that hasn't.
Speaker 4: Been on the one on one Day.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, go on. She turns the corner. I just started laughing. I'm like, here, yeah, okay, now it happened. But in my mind, I'm like, I don't know what's at the end of the day. To be honest with, who gives a shit she hung out with a guy? She hung out In my mind, I don't know how she's going to react because I didn't have the opportunity to tell her before obviously that she was already on the show. So I don't know how she's gonna react. I don't know if she's gonna play it cool, like all right, just leave it alone and I'll go back on the bus and just because it's really none of his business at the end of the day. But I don't know if the producers convinced her to tell to react how she did. I don't because if you think about it in the reality of the situation, Okay, that's a little weird. Yeah, I know him, he's up there singing, uh, but she doesn't have to say ship And it's not as I mean, he's literally currently dating thirteen other girls. While why why are you gonna have to confess to him that you knew the guy that you were just singing.
Speaker 1: To right it was and crying at dinner that anyway?
Speaker 3: That I mean, that's just I have nothing to do with that, That's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But and so afterwards I meet They're like, pilot Pete wants to really meet you.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, absolutely, he's.
Speaker 9: Telling me like you yeah, this is I'm just like, just like, I didn't say, like, it's not my job to say, yeah, dude, I know she is, So I'm just like yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cool, yeah, man, have fun with it cool experience, you enjoy it. And then I think and he walks away, and I'm like, damn, I just got away with that. I'm go on the bus and go to Tallahassee, which is where I play tomorrow night. And sure enough, as soon as I turn around, she's standing there with her arms crossed, like can we talk? And I'm just like, I mean, cameras are in my face right now. I'm not gonna be like no, yeah, yeah yeah. And so we see we walk around the corner. She's like, I have to tell him everything and it's what y'all saw on TV. And in my head like, I mean, I'll say this straight up any day. Why who does a ship? It's about some guy that you knew before him while he's currently with thirteen who cares? Man? And in reality, if it wasn't a reality TV show, that's what would happen. But they teed it up to they need to drop and they're gonna use whatever they can to get it.
Speaker 2: Oh, no question.
Speaker 3: And but all all I knew, all I knew it was from my survivor experience was I think you guys are getting getting the truth more than anybody I've ever talked to you, by the way, So the worth was waiting Let's boys.
Speaker 1: For the boys, bro Boys.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: Where was I they She's talking to me. She's like, I have to tell him everything, and I'm just like, yeah, you know, you got to do it's best for you and him, you know, because I'm I'm not even in this thing, like just let me get on the fucking bus and go to Florida. And all I kept thinking in my head is don't say ship. If you don't say ship, they can't use it. And that's been then they don't have any power over me. I'm going on the bus anyway, and I knew that from the Survivor days. They try to get you to say certain things too, which is of course I'm sure they.
Speaker 4: Talked her into a while.
Speaker 3: So while I'm talking to Pilot Pede, I'm sure they're back there, Hey, you need to go talk to him.
Speaker 1: It's like why, Yeah, Like, man, that's crazy that he's here.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. They're teeing her up.
Speaker 4: I'm sure those producers are not dumb.
Speaker 3: And so I'm just sitting there in my mind like just don't say just don't say ship. Get your ass on the bus and go to Florida and it left her hanging and it sucked for her. They put her in a real shitty spot. But I mean, that's I can't. People that sign up for that show, you better be ready for something like that. But for me, I didn't say I just decided, don't say anything, get your ass in the bust and lead. And that's what happened. And that's why I was so chill on the show because I really didn't have anything to say. It's like, you're gonna do what you're gonna do anyway, and I have no control over it. All I have control over is getting the fuck out of this conversation right now.
Speaker 2: I'll tell Yeah. We had We had Sean Booth on the on the bus, I don't know, eight months ago, and he was telling us like, when you when you go on that show, you sign away your entire rights, like how you're perceived, how you're depicted, like everything is up up for the interpretation of the producers and how they make you look. Oh yeah, that's only your LifeWay.
Speaker 3: The key is for me, I didn't sign ship, so I didn't sign my life away. So you signed NDA, so you can't talk about it. Beforehand obviously, but yeah, man, it's uh reality TV is I've seen it.
Speaker 4: I thought that it's worse with Survivor The Bachelor.
Speaker 3: They're way a fucking more ruthless over there in that world.
Speaker 2: The thing that's crazy is we were talking to uh who was about it? Excuse me? Yeah, he was. He doesn't come on yet, has he? Uh? We we had him on the bus and he was on like some sort of southern real house show or something like that. And it's kind of like being being a celebrity and becoming a celebrity through reality TV is like a very interesting way to do it because it's like it's a rough, it's a very turbulent, rocky way to like become famous, which I know you.
Speaker 4: Also don't have control.
Speaker 3: You also don't have control of Yeah, yeah that's what I was telling I was telling Will before.
Speaker 4: I think it was before you came on. But like for me, we're doing what I do.
Speaker 3: It's such a different, so many different ways to become a star these days. And whether that's Instagram, Instagram is a huge one, I know that or movie.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Instagram is the biggest one. I feel like everybody's using but I respect people that I'm trying to figure out the way. Not to say this the wrong way, but I respect people that fucking do something, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, than have a craft to go behind all there.
Speaker 3: Give me, give me some reason to like you. And I'm not gonna like you because you post pictures in the beginning, I'm not gonna like you because you post pictures doing whatever the hell you do. I want to listen to your music. I want to watch you on a TV screen, I want to watch you play football. I want you like your craft exactly what is your craft?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I'm not hating on people that get famous on Instagram because a lot of those people are making a pistoload of money off it. I just prefer to pull for somebody that actually has a craft. And that's why for me personally, that says it right there. Music is all that fucking matters at the end of the day for me and my craft, because if music isn't there, none of it matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, when did when did you get into music like that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: When did it? When did it click that? You're like, yo, I feel like I could I could do something with this.
Speaker 4: Uh well, twenty ten is when I started writing.
Speaker 3: My dad passed away actually in Oa, so I wrote my first song about him. I was terrible. I wasn't good. But I knew when I moved to Nashville in twenty ten after the Survivor thing. I knew when I started writing with Brian and Tyler. I was like, damn, these guys are good. They're genuinely good, and nobody else was letting us write with them pretty much because we're you know, you got to earn your way into that world. Yeah, And so instead of us joining these big time songwriters over here that Ashley Gorley is the red Akins at the time, we were trying to write with the Dallas Davidson's and and not to hate on them. I've written with him a lot now and they're amazing. But you can't just get into that door when you walk into Nashville, and they weren't letting us in because we hadn't earned our way yet. So we earned our way together writing songs together from twenty ten to like twenty thirteen to fourteen.
Speaker 4: And then obviously they their career just skyrocket.
Speaker 3: Mine's not done this, but it's continued to do this, and I'm cool with that I love. Yeah, it's allowed me to finally put out music that is good, because I put out a lot of music.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 3: I mean, I look back at the beginning of my career, even the Ignite the Night album, there's probably six or seven songs on there which never saw the light of day. I think that was two thousand, that was around I don't know, that was twelve maybe, And then then I put out Ready Set Role, and that kind of thing started. And now I think with the album Part one and now Part two coming out, it's like it's it's a whole different level of music.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you didn't even mess with music when you were playing ball, like when you're in college.
Speaker 3: The year I got hurt is when I learned to play guitar because I was if you've ever been heard in the see you guys, you're not even part of the team anymore.
Speaker 1: It's a lonely feeling, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So I learned to play guitar through that, and yeah, I mean it's and then so through losing my career, I learned to play guitar.
Speaker 4: Losing my dad, I learned to write songs.
Speaker 3: So you take the shittest of all the situations and try to make them good.
Speaker 1: That's fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: Where the album comes out May fifteenth, he said.
Speaker 4: May fifteenth is the album Part two.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it in parts because people just don't buy albums anymore.
Speaker 4: They don't buy albums.
Speaker 3: I don't know if people buy music anymore period, But they don't listen to albums like they used to, like when we're growing up in high school and stuff. Probably whoever it is Chesney gets, it comes out of an album and you throw the thing in and you listen to him and you pick all your favorite songs. Now you don't do that. You're like, I don't even I don't even know when people release albums anymore. So I don't see.
Speaker 1: What's on top of the charts. Uh you see what's like on top of the charts.
Speaker 5: It's like, well, brows and be like, oh, let's see what this new thing is exactly.
Speaker 3: So I want to give like these songs. These are the best songs I've ever put out. So I want to give him axial chance. I want to I put seven out on part one. Now for the most part, you know, my fans anywhere are gonna they're gonna know all seven songs. It's not that much to listen to them, and they're gonna pick their favorites anyway.
Speaker 4: But then Part two has four songs.
Speaker 3: On it and they're gonna pick their favorites from that and then Part But it gives me an ability to release less music more often, release music.
Speaker 2: That very cool.
Speaker 3: I don't work. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: This first time I've ever tried it like this, but I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it seems like I mean, it seems like that's a smart way to do because they're, like you said, they'll listen to it all the way through.
Speaker 1: Becau it's only seven songs right.
Speaker 3: And now in four and I think Part three is I'm gonna make sure it's only three songs, I think. But I've actually got some of my two of my favorite songs that I've written. One's called Drinking Beer Talking God. One's called Love Anywhere. I are not on Part one or two. I'm saving those for three or four.
Speaker 1: Oh for the banger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bangers out there ball very cool man. I appreciate you coming on, dude. It's been it's been a long time coming. But we did it.
Speaker 3: We did it. Take Away, We gotta do the real version, though.
Speaker 5: We'll do the real version, and we gotta. We got a farm to go to, in a bus to go to.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: So when y'all are in the bus, are you guys, are you guys sipping?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want, we.
Speaker 1: Do lattes, whiskey. We gotta do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about whiskey or cold beer.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 1: We'll have some cold beer ready for what's what's your what's your favorite beer? Uh?
Speaker 3: I mean if we're talking to the like the American beers, the ones we all drink in college, bud Lights, bud Light's all.
Speaker 1: Right, I love it if you'll have a pack of bud Light. Dude, no free shoutouts for the butt light.
Speaker 5: You have?
Speaker 4: What's your shirts say?
Speaker 5: Actually, dillly, silly, I'm ripping, uh, I'm ripping zillion beers.
Speaker 1: Dude. You know danna be from Barstool got to shout out the boy all right?
Speaker 4: Well I stole that from the Dilly Dilly, wasn't that?
Speaker 1: But oh yeaheah for sure? For sure? For sure?
Speaker 4: Well, hell yeah, I'd love to do it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll hit you all up for real right after this and just shoot you, we'll be We've been having some fun.
Speaker 1: All right, man, we appreciate.
Speaker 2: I want to get out to that farm. Dude, that's gonna be a blast.
Speaker 4: Let's do it, man, we got We've got a blast.
Speaker 1: Taylor, you're the one riding the bison.
Speaker 4: Much into the pond.
Speaker 5: Titans franchise player boys caught out at midnight, Chase Rice filming will cheering them on high van of the back.
Speaker 1: Taylor gets hurt riding the bison.
Speaker 2: Alright, you know they will. They will probably be there with us about ten more beers.
Speaker 1: Hey, he probably will, He probly will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, come home coach anytime.
Speaker 2: All boys. I appreciate it. We appreciate having on man, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: So yeah, alright, see you, bro,