Speaker 1: I was thinking, like, better communication.
Speaker 2: You have good communication with me. I just call your assistant and then he tells me everything that's going on. I just have to call your assistant a.
Speaker 3: Lot better communication. Welcome to Dudes on Dudes. I'm Jules, Sorry, dudes, I'm Gronk, and this is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: To celebrate the new year, we're cracking open the Dudes on Dudes hotline for the first time ever.
Speaker 3: First hotline bling get your own Dudes on Dudes. We'll be answering calls. We talk about the ultimate dude, Mike Allstar, Mike Alstott.
Speaker 2: You're a Mike af Stop fan all the way down on Tampa. Body.
Speaker 1: What song do we blast in the car? What are you blast? I blast? I don't know' we get into it.
Speaker 2: Show me what you do now?
Speaker 3: And then a classic Starbucks or duncan What kid requests Starbucks.
Speaker 1: For anything when you're on road train your kid does?
Speaker 3: And call the hotline at I'm six one, two zero three, five, seven eight nine.
Speaker 1: Lads, Oh, let's go call the hot line.
Speaker 2: Let's go call it now, AYSAP, It's emergency call it. We want to answer some questions. Come on, we love you fans.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: It's officially open now, right, Oh, the hot.
Speaker 2: Line is open. It's finally your baby year.
Speaker 1: Yes, resolutions, what's your new Year's resolution?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't really have one yet? Oh right, but what is it? My new year's resolution is to be the best podcaster I can possibly be and stop slacking and fricking pick it up and have the best day every day I podcast. That's a good new Year's resolution because it's not about me. If I have the best day, it's about giving everyone what they want, and that's having some great energy, and that's making people laugh, and that's making people gain some new knowledge because I'm talking about a dude that they don't know about a bottom. They know about them, but they get to learn about them more. So being the best podcaster is not just good for me, it's good for everyone. So be the best podcaster I can possibly be. With you, crazy nut house, Julian.
Speaker 1: I was thinking like, better communication.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one too, but yeah, that's part of it.
Speaker 3: But I just wanted to break down the single fundamental. I probably got to communicate better in a whole lot of facets in my life.
Speaker 2: No, not really, you have good communication with me. I just call your assistant and then he tells me everything that's going on. But if I call you, you don't answer. But if I call your assistant, every single thing I know that you're doing is right on my phone. Then I want to want great communication, I have to call your assistant.
Speaker 3: I want better communication. Gosh, and we don't. New Year's is nothing for us. I mean we always played on New Year's Was New Year's ever a thing?
Speaker 2: And best New Year Party stories? I don't know, I don't really have any. I mean, I feel like it's amateur hour and we're not amateurs where we'll jit pros. I mean, we're gonna go out with everyone that doesn't go out like like no, that's why we play on New Year's Day. We never went out on New Year's No, we went on fourth of July. Yeah, yeah, we're fourth of July, guys, you're right, and for golly, for golly, well, Memorial Day, Yeah, Memorial Day.
Speaker 3: You know, let's crack open the hotline. Dudes on phones, dud's on phones, dudes, on phones, so I like it.
Speaker 4: Hello, this is Catherine from Western mass and I'm calling to ask you, guys, which is your favorite song? Like the song that when you're in a car all by yourself, you just crack it up to thirty and sing like you don't care who's around and who's your favorite fan and favorite movie.
Speaker 1: Gee, that's a lot of thinking, Catherine.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. I know you're you're a big fan. You're from Western.
Speaker 1: Mass, Western Mass.
Speaker 2: I love your vote. You sound sophisticated. I love your question, and I don't crank that volume up to thirty, Catherine. I crank that volume up to sixty nine for you, all right, And let me tell you my favorite song. It's Welcome to my House. Okay, Katherine, So when you're riding with me in the passenger seat, you're gonna be a part of my house. I'm gonna sing some for you. You're ready, you're ready, hit it, hit it, Welcome to my house, baby, Take control. Now we can't even slowed out. We don't have to go out Welcome to my house. Play that music too loud, Show me what you do now, we don't have to go wow you.
Speaker 1: Stating key It was good.
Speaker 2: I gave you the full answer, I gave you my song, and I performed a song for you as well. My favorite band was definitely growing up, Backstreet Boys, Backstreet Back all right, and my favorite movie Catherine, Okay, what's a happy Gilmore's gonna shoot UPO shoot up? Thank you? Thanks for your wonderful question, Katherine.
Speaker 1: How do you follow that up? Marshall? Tucker, Ben, can't you see? Can't you see what that woman she's been doing to me?
Speaker 3: Favorite band love the Beatles, growing up, favorite movie Shane Redemption.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, Jonathan over here from Albuquerque.
Speaker 5: Former Charter fan, now Rams fan.
Speaker 6: But it's all good. I want to see if you guys have.
Speaker 4: Any stories on my boy junior sales San Diego election.
Speaker 2: Uh let me hear yo, Jonathan may any junior stories? I mean, I don't really have any junior sales stories I got. I never played with him. I actually never met him in my life, but I've just heard great things about him, how he's such a great teammate. But just one story I've heard about him is that he didn't know anyone's name ever. Yeah, I mean that's kind of like similar to a lot of people in the NFL because there's just just such a revolving door and so many players coming in and out and coaches as well. But he would just call everyone like dude, like nobody, no, buddy, Buddy. That's what it was, Buddy, you know, what's up, buddy? And then like even like a guy that he's been playing with for a couple of weeks, he just walked by and like, what's up, buddy, How you doing buddy. So I've just heard great things about eh, Buddy. That's one of the stories I heard about him. But he just called everyone buddy, and I just heard he was such a great dude and love surfing.
Speaker 3: Paxton would have some awesome stories, Lonnie, he'll he'll hit this comment section of this. I bet I remember I was at the Capitol Girl my rookie year, and I grew up, you know, in Northern California where we had a lot of Polynesian players growing up, so you always knew all the Polynesian like greats. You know, Junior say I was like a Polynesian great and and I just remember we all loved him, even though he was a San Diego Charger. Everyone loved Junior Sau and my parents felt that way, like everyone knew Junior sale and we were my rookie year. I got to play with them and we were at the Capitol grow I took my parents out to dinner and Junior rolled up and it was like December.
Speaker 1: Junior rolled up.
Speaker 3: It was freezing, and he rolled up in shorts and flip flops and he came and he saw my parents and he goes, I just want to say, you guys are a hard working young man that's going to have a great future in this league and something like that. And my parents were at all and it was so cool for him to take the time out to do that. That was a really cool gesture. And he was awesome. He'd be playing the ukulaki and in the locker room. You know, he was a grinder, and you know, it's sad that we don't have him anymore. Loved Junior. Didn't get to get him like I wasn't like a true patriot with him, like the guys that you know, I only got the tail end when he came in for a.
Speaker 1: Cup of coffee, but he was he was you can feel his energy.
Speaker 2: Love that story. Love it.
Speaker 6: Mike all Stock kind of huh oh.
Speaker 2: Mike Allstock, how fucking doode he is, like, you're from New England with a New England Boston accent and your your Mike Allstot fan all the way down on Tampa, Buddy, Well, gus, what there's dudes on? Dudes? Policy? Ju'll tell him the policy.
Speaker 3: He can't give said, we gotta, we gotta discuss it, and then you know we're not just gonna drop out here. A lot of a lot of a lot of information research, uh, thousands upon thousands of teams all together to get the information to come up to determine what kind of dude. This isn't just fucking we blurnt this ship out exactly. No, this is science. This is a fucking science. Call that masshole. I don't think he was a mass I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think he was. But keep keep the calls up.
Speaker 2: We like it. We do like we like every call. Good bab sad. We love them all. We love you.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back at after this quick break.
Speaker 7: It was better Duncan or Stobby?
Speaker 2: Who is this guy?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: That's definitely a bus He sounds like.
Speaker 2: I'm blackout drunk like me Blackout, drunk Ah, dunk Dog coffee?
Speaker 1: What would you rather have?
Speaker 3: Dunkin or starbucksco Dog Show's dreaking Dunkin Donuts?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: My daughter likes Starbucks more than anything. Like if when we're taking a road trip. It used to be like when you were a kid, what was your favorite road trip stop, like McDonald's or Burger King.
Speaker 2: It was Burger King growing up as a kid, right after hockey.
Speaker 3: Teak right Burger King. She asked to go to Starbucks. She likes the egg bites.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: What are you doing lately? Though? I've been going to Dunkin Donuts or in my coffee and like right before I work out, just give you a little boost. But I always been buying the freaking their specialty it that they have for the visit. I mean it changes like every week. I'm telling you they're don't a plus now like they're good.
Speaker 3: I like Dunkins. I'm a Duncans guy more than Starbucks. But I go to Starbucks more because they're out here. And my kid likes Starbucks. What kid requests Starbucks for anything when you're on road trip, you know anything? I know it's weird.
Speaker 1: I think they all like it now.
Speaker 2: Like she must have learned that from from like a friend or something, or like a family friend, because how else would she know about star Mom. It's yeah, all right, well there the next.
Speaker 5: Dudes, it's been calling in from Boston. There's a victorious food challenge that he goes belly by Boston College. You have one hourady six pounds of beef, twenty slices of cheese, twenty strips of bacon, five pounds of fries, and a pickle, and after all that you finished two more regular sized burgers. Who from your time at the Pats teammates or across the NFL is crushing that challenge the fastest? Because the best?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, First off, thank you, bet we know that we are the best. We appreciate that. Thank you very much. You're a good guy. That's why you're from Boston. You know what's up? Eagles Dolly shout out to Eagles down by Boston College.
Speaker 1: Never who do you think you could eat?
Speaker 2: That? Definitely going with Marcus Cannon. Marcus Cannon was overweight for like a whole year and just didn't care because he's like I just love eating too much, and like I'm like, how much you, he's like like five pounds of meter nine on.
Speaker 1: Marcus Cannon could eat, he could put down some food.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: This guy, he used to do these little tricks on the weigh ins too, where you get a pencil and there's a little thing where he could leverage himself with a pencil so it lift up when he was doing the weighing because he had weighing clauses and shit. This guy would come up with all these crazy schemes and stuff. I mean, okay, Marcus Cannon could take that thing down. He could do the Eagle Deli challenge. Let's hear this next one.
Speaker 9: Gentlemen, Here's what I want to see. I want the two of you to plan and host a Super Bowl party. You have to come up with the menu, you have to do all shopping yourself, that you have to cook it on yourself. You have to host the party, and then you have to clean all that shut up. If you need a helper, I'm available to help you. I'll fly out from California. However, you may not have any professionals assistance or any of the women in your life, especially your mom's do this for you. I hope you accept this challenge.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's some serious game you got. I really wish you said your name and sending a picture for that for Julian to check you out, because if you know, if you passed the looks test, I mean, I'm telling you Julian's bringing you in share. But that's that's a great that's some great game you got. Hey, you can't have your mom there and no other ladies. I'll help you clean the whole house. There's something else that you'll probably be cleaning as well by the time you're done doing all that. So super Bowl party and she just wants to you want her. That's a party. I mean, she must be a freak. Give her a call.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, this is I'm Oliver from Northampton. I was just wondering if you have a RecA as like a shorter, slower wide receiver myself, I can succeed.
Speaker 5: And change my game.
Speaker 8: Also, where you're gonna ever like post a video like with drills and workouts for receivers or safetyes dbs. You should also think of doing the camps in Massachusetts like wide receiver camp.
Speaker 9: That would be cool.
Speaker 1: Love the show, Oliver, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Oliver. I just want to give you a shot up. Man, I appreciate you being big fans and loving our show of Jules and I'm sure you're you're a Patriot fan. I used to do a camping and so I haven't done it in a while, but if I ever do it again, man, I'll definitely appreciate If you show up and you sign up, that would be really cool. And and here's the thing, like, do we have any tips like on you know, on how to help you out that you're a slower wide receiver like yourself, how can you succeed While in that case, we were talking about it on some earlier shows, it's not about in the in the football world, it's not about being the most athletic or being the fastest. It's about being the best football player that you can be. And if you learn the game inside and out and you understand the game of football, it helps you be a better football player. So if you're not as fast as everyone, not as strong as everyone, understand the game of football and what's going on, and that will help you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta got a no coverage. You gotta be savvy, quick and savvy. Get your quickness up. Work on the same thing. A whole bunch of times and you'll get better.
Speaker 2: There you go. You gotta train, train, train, fast twitch muscles. Uh ag always talked about the fast twitch muscles. That's what you gotta train. And are we ever gonna post videos of drills and of us working out? Probably not. We're retired. We don't really do that anymore. But Oliver, we love you. Man appreciate you being a big fan.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Hey, Julian and Gronk, this is Christian calling from Connecticut. So I'm a big fan of you guys, but I'm also a big fan of our man standing Avendola, and I'm wondering if we might see you guys on Dancing with the Stars in case you didn't notice it all make the SEVENTI finals to be the Patriots the best chance for championship this year. All right, guys, keep it work later.
Speaker 1: Probably not going on Dancing the Stars, definitely not.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, Christian, I mean it's a good idea, And I understand where you're you're getting that from, because Dola, Becausela, because Dola killed. Obviously, that's bringing up the idea that Julian and I should go on Dancing with the Stars. But also I know you've seen my dance moves back.
Speaker 1: In the day as well on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Need to show it off time, so they're so good. I made ESPN Top ten plays before dancing in the club and on stage and stuff at like being in Figawi, like justin Timberlake even gave me a shout out because in forgot you Dan, because I was dancing to a song like That's that's when you know you made it and you don't need to go on Dancing.
Speaker 1: With the stars without a doubt. Leave it for Dola. We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 6: Hey boys, So a bit of a story to this question here. But I was at Gronk Beach Las Vegas. It was about two years ago, at the Encore Beach Club over there, and I snuck in a Gronk jersey, which in the first place was not easy apparently they don't allow jerseys at beach clubs in Vegas. But I digressed. I snuck in the jersey regardless, and I actually got Gronk to sign it. At one point, in a heap of excitement, I decided to take my lady upstairs with the jersey on and have ourselves a little bit of a time. The question is during that time, got a little bit of stains on this jersey, and it was one of my favorite things to possibly have. My sister asked for this it's exact jersey for Christmas because she is a huge Grunk fan. Do I watch the jersey and potentially lose the signature or for the rest of my life know that I gave my sister a jersey with my spleoge on it.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of speechless. I mean, I first off, want to congratulate you for you know, doing the business in the Gronk jersey with your girl wearing the Gronk jersey. I mean, I understand that you know, her wearing my jersey probably turned her up a little bit more. Maybe turns you up a little bit more too. And I appreciate that love and appreciate you having that dutsack and balls to share that story as well. My man, I wish you gave us your name. Would you give it to her or not?
Speaker 1: I would I would say wash it.
Speaker 2: I would say don't give it to your sister. Don't wash it because that jersey is a special jersey and New Jersey has a signature on it. And it has this blues on it. Brother, hang that ship up in the rafters, I can tell you that. And freaking just go by yourself a new freaking jersey, brother, and give her the new jersey, and I'll sign that jersey. Bring it to the next grong beach. Yeah a l isn't that the best idea? Buy a new jersey?
Speaker 1: I would Yeah, I would save that put in the rafters.
Speaker 2: He crazy, that got crazy? All right? Last question here, let's.
Speaker 7: Go what we got hey, guys.
Speaker 10: Davis calling from Saint Louis.
Speaker 7: Loved the show.
Speaker 10: First of all, wanted to tell you that I went to every Super Bowl Patriots Super Bowl, from the the win over the Eagles in Jacksonville all the way to the win over the Rams in Atlanta. But great times. All right, this one is for Gronk. So I want to talk about one of the most unhins awesome live things ever on TV, which was that New Year's Eve thing where he smashed that lego sculpture of that douchebag Steve Harvey live on TV. So I want to know was that incident rehearsed at all, and if so well, and also how like how genuine was that response of Steve Harvey, Man.
Speaker 2: This this Davis got bringing the heat, bro, what did you do? So? It was, Uh, it was the year that I retired from New England and then I was on Fox a little bit. Then Fox gave me the hosting job for New Year's Eve. Actually when they were doing the New Year's Eve, you know, I was a co host and uh, I really smashed that lego set. Brother. I know the answer if it was pre rehearsed or not, but I will never tell. It was over five years ago and this moment is still talked about to this day, and so many people bring it up. Was how legendary it was. Seve Harvey scared me, Bro. He was coming at me and I was what he's saying, I feel like like I should not smash this lego? Say? He was, what the fuck wrong? Why the fuck did you smash my lego? Scept fuck you go fuck yourself? Like you know why you smashing me? Like that's not cool?
Speaker 1: Over Fox?
Speaker 2: And I was like whoa and then we started laughing. But he was definitely acting and I like, he's not a douche.
Speaker 7: Maat.
Speaker 2: I don't know why Davis was saying that guy was great. Hey, that's a great clip.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: See that's why I retired that year, so I could do these things like this. Julian I was hosting New Year's Eve, freaking smashing lego sets, looking like I played in the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 1: That's probably twenties, telling Stevie.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm dancing on him. That's right. He's talking shit to me right now, and I'm freaking basically pretending you guys.
Speaker 1: You guys, were you guys co after the old.
Speaker 2: Fang some air, Yeah, we were cool. We had a great time, bro. It was one of the best nights ever. So much adrenaline. I was up till like six am because I had so much juice from hosting that show.
Speaker 1: Wow, Bruce Banner, the Hulk.
Speaker 2: Ah Rock Smash, Crock Smash, Legos, Rock Smash, Football Crock Smash, New Year's Eve, Crock Smash Davis.
Speaker 3: Next, Gronk Smash Yeah, Crocksmash. Well, that's been an other episode of Dudes on Dudes. We hope that you guys have a wonderful, happy, healthy New Year.
Speaker 1: And what can we do better?
Speaker 2: Next Gronk oh Man, huh self, Scout, you know we're just doing so good and We're just having such a good time, man, I mean that was our first time doing you know, the voicemail episode. But you keep them coming, Yeah, keep them coming. I don't really have any self Scott on that. I say, like you just said, keep it coming. We just love that. We love listening to you guys. We love listening to our fans and what type of questions they have.
Speaker 3: So just keep it coming, keep you coming, keeping coming, and again that number is five six one, two zero three, five seven eight nine. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Comming a dude you want us to do.
Speaker 3: And remember right and review, remember, Follow Dudes on Dudes on YouTube, x, Instagram, TikTok, and snapchat.
Speaker 2: We'll see you, guys, see you next week. We'll see you next week, Yes we will. And Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.