Speaker 1: On today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we talked Josh Harris in the Quarterback interview room. Is it a big deal? Is it not? Let's talk about it. And we talked about JJ McCarthy rising up the quarterback draft wards where will he go? Stay tuned to find out, and we got combined storylines and Amarus MEM's is he an avenger?
Speaker 2: A canny fight aliens?
Speaker 1: I don't know? And we got a twenty ten NFL redraft and Fred Smooth will not stand for any Tim Tebow. Hay.
Speaker 2: It all starts right out.
Speaker 1: Welcome in into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smooth and Santana Moss. Guy. Yeah, that was the weekend, man, it was good.
Speaker 2: How was your WEEKI and then come back? It was good. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to meet her.
Speaker 3: I send you a message, so I wanted to Did you partake in anything at the bars?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: He did not, So I go. I went out every night, but I don't drink obviously, Like that's where cause they get out of meetings. The coaches got a meeting. He's like eleven o'clock, right, Yeah, so you go out after that, and then they're all hanging out and good catch up with some friends and gets men's side scoop and talk to some scouts and it's a good time for sure.
Speaker 2: So I saw who's your Mama?
Speaker 3: And Reggie Wayne to the down there doing doing the was on the field.
Speaker 2: So I know they always let a court.
Speaker 4: I know Reggie, you know, he's a coke receiver coach and TJ been doing a lot do that because he trains a lot of these guys fresh out of college, like who's Yeah, t J was out of Uh he do a quarterback and the receivers camp on the West coach, so he's always in the what's next.
Speaker 2: I talked to t J all the time so he could do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good dude, and then yeah he was Yeah, Reggie does like he is. He worked with the team.
Speaker 2: Do you know for the co coach? What you know that that's two years? What planet you've been there?
Speaker 1: I did not know that. It's crazy though they let him do the media stuff like that though, you know they let the media is like if the receiver coach, he was just doing the.
Speaker 3: What wait, well, he was doing NFL Network before he started coaching, so I guess him having that relationship then you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's learn something new every day and we are going to talkalk about the combine in more detail. But first let's talk about some news we got. The release kind of sad news. The sad news is the release of Charles Leto and Logan Thomas right, and what does that mean moving forward for the team?
Speaker 3: You know, if you have to ask me, it's just one of those things, you know, when you see new regimes come in. One of the things that I remember being here, and I was proud of myself by not being one of those guys because sometime you know, they won't veteran leadership, but they don't want to carry.
Speaker 2: Just guys, you know what I mean, Just guys. That's that veterans. You don't get me wrong. I thought the world of Logan, he was. I was a BIAT fan of Logan body.
Speaker 3: I think when you look at what Lindo has did, he was he was valuable in the state of being being there, you know, being available for us. But I think we could do better at that position, so you know, it was probably time for him to go, you know what I mean, especially with the money that he's probably going to be making also.
Speaker 2: But those guys serve their purpose while they was here.
Speaker 3: It's just a new regime here trying to get better at that position, both of those positions. And I guess it was time of seeing them guys, you know, go go their way.
Speaker 4: Thank these guys for their time. Like you said, Logan Virginia through and through. I think his body started to fail him at the end, a lot of concussions, ainkle, knee, and I think they just want to get younger everywhere. I think they want to get younger and stronger everywhere. But you know, like we all know, when you go to the dentist, you got a dead tooth in there.
Speaker 2: To save the other forty, I'm gonna need to get this one out of here.
Speaker 4: So this what I think for the overall health of this new regime in this team.
Speaker 2: They had to remove a couple of people and they did.
Speaker 3: And they also too when you look at the cap man just gave us.
Speaker 2: More wiggle room. Yeah, I mean, yeah, you save it about money, you.
Speaker 1: Say about seventeen million dollars by cutting them and obviously Leonard's getting hip surgery in a couple of weeks and you know, thirty three years old. When new regimes, like you said the Santa they come in, they want to get a little bit younger. He had key spots. They also want to keep that leadership. And I think that both these guys were, while excellent leaders were kind of near the tail end. You good time for them to move on. And again, thank you for their service and all that they've done for the organization, right you said Virginia guys and and you know Leno great member of the community in terms of all the church.
Speaker 2: Off the field work is impeccable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so both those guys are like that. And you know, it's obviously tough when guys have to leave and going, but we all.
Speaker 2: Being cut before. See that's the thing about it. Have you been coming Iran? I just ran my course release saying like it's such a business made my contract was up and I just didn't coming back.
Speaker 4: And I think we just we numb to the fact when we see people get cut to us, it's just normal. What's next for one, like you're gonna have to you know, pick up the pieces and do something next. I think we're used to that and not saying that is right, but we know the bailly of the beasts that we play it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, so wish them the best luck. Just reminder, were a brought to you by Baut three six five. I bet three six five. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. Right now, New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account at bet three six five. Use the QR code to sign up to Posit ten and choose between either first bet safety not offer by placing about up to one thousand, and if you're qualifying about losers, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or betting. Get offer in place a bet of five or more and get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. Bet three sixty five Official sports betting Partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 4: Must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you are someone you know has a gambling problem and won't help, call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: All right, and so combine talk now, Yes, but before we get into like the prospects, there's whatever wants to talk about We got to talk about a story that came out while I was out there, and it was that Josh Harris, Yes, was in the interview room. So the first question is does this matter?
Speaker 2: It matters nothing.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: If I pay six billion, I don't go where I want to, Like at the end of the day, where are y'all going.
Speaker 2: I'm going to?
Speaker 4: It comes wrong and I think our generation we're used to it because they used to do it like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk about that little bit.
Speaker 3: We've been in those rooms where you saw owner too here and there. I didn't see that from every team that I went and met with, but I remember, I remember when I went to the Browns. I told you I had to talk with coach Davis and their owner was there, Yeah, and their GM and they wanted to hear something, and you know, probably know what they wanted to hear. So I experienced it, but I don't think it's a big deal. And then also you got to think about it this that first year, real, real, real season that you know, that first year trying to figure out they want to see all this, you know.
Speaker 2: See the process, and that's one of the things that you know should raise a lot of people. Our brows of how dedicated this intendance is.
Speaker 3: These guys are trying to kind of peek in at everything to see how things going.
Speaker 2: And you got to think about it.
Speaker 3: When you're trying to change the culture and be a part of something, do bring back what we had here, you know, you want to see those guys around trying to implement their little two cents here and there.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad he was there. I'm glad he got the experience.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that, you know, going forward, he might not partake it if he don't have to, but it's probably a great experience for him.
Speaker 2: And it's good to see our guys, you know, really want to be in a think of just active. That's all I care about.
Speaker 4: I love people that care about an investment, care about the team, and like he said, I want to sneak peak of how's the cake made. I want to see And then you're talking about let's be honest, we're talking about a quarterback here. It's nobody more a politician of the team than a quarterback. It's nobody that gonna spend probably more time with an owner and the head coach than a quarterback. So yeah, I want to be in here, and I want to ask a question or two, like how do you feel about DC? Is it a city you want to live in? Like I understand what he's trying to do. I just don't understand why they try to blow it up like it's something and.
Speaker 3: Then also just to put this on it, which is the obvious. You get a chance to see the guys that you just.
Speaker 2: Hired, see them one hundred person. I'm so gladdy, I'm you get to see these guys really do what they do.
Speaker 1: Like for me, it's like if you're not I don't think from an understand he wasn't like asking questions. It's just in they're observing, right. So it's like you said, Tennis said, that's first time dan Quinn's in the room, Adam Peters in the room. What's their process like, what is the process like of a valuating players? And then we talk about the important hires of the offseason. So obviously GM head coach staff all really important. What's the next what's the next big one quarterback?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So I want to make sure that I see this kid, you know, not that I'm going to be able to give an opinion. I'm not watching film I'm not saying who it is, right, I'm not doing that. I just want to get a feel for this kid. And then if I'm Dan, I was thinking about this too. If I'm Dan, I want him in the room because he's done a good job. I think over the course of his career of developing businesses and identifying leadership, and I'd like that perspective. Yay, what did you think of how he talked? What did you think of how he was in the room like he was twenty one years old?
Speaker 4: Like, see, you just brought something up the conversation afterwards, Like everybody want to talk about the fact that he's here. But how important was the conversation when the kid leaves the room, right, Like now we get to confer, Like what you think about him? I thought he was a great kid. I thought he had great energy. I think he loves them. Well, well, how does he play? Does he feed into what we want to do? Yeah, he got a strung up, Like I understand why he won't stay ask those question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so like people say, oh, like owners right there, Likery Jones is there? Like there's owners that come by, right.
Speaker 2: I think that nobody's shocked when Gery show.
Speaker 1: But I think the issue for me is that, like if I think, I think people have a little shell shock from when Snyder was here, right, yep, that cider was like impacting draft decisions. From what I understand from people that are familiar with the situation, that is not his intent being in the room, right, That's not his intent. He wants to just learn about the process. And I you know, if I'm Dan, I feel good about that because he's smart dude, right, Dan Quinn. Just to be clear, there's multiple dance in that story. Yeah, all right. So the next thought is JJ McCarthy, right, Colum, command to Queen. He's moving up, Commander Quinn. JJ McCarthy is rocketing up draft boards. What do you guys think about him? If you had to give an evaluation, give me, give me your Scotch. I've Reid.
Speaker 4: I know you watch a lot of films. I've been watching him and this is what I like about him. They didn't ask him to do a lot lot, but what they asked him to do, he did it to the t. I when it was time to make those big times throws in a game, he made those big time throws when trying to rush and break the pocket for three year us to get a first down.
Speaker 2: He could do that. He's a certified winner. He don't have the numbers like.
Speaker 4: The other guys, but he's the type guy that you put him on a ready made team. No doubt he a step put like this. The good parts of him outweigh his flaws. So if I'm looking at him through a lens and I'm comparing him to these other guys.
Speaker 2: He played here, a national championship winner.
Speaker 1: Where do you rank him compared to the other guys.
Speaker 4: Sorry, no, I think the other guys might be better at the least, but I think he showed it to come by. He got a very strong arm, He's intelligent. I think he can make every throw on the field. I think JJ could be one of those guys that outshine some of those top three guys.
Speaker 2: Like I think he has that ability. But like everything in this sport, it's about who you go to, Like it's about who.
Speaker 1: You go to.
Speaker 4: Because I see him prospering in Denver, maybe I can see him in the right spots. I can see him going to Atlanta where they gonna run the ball a little bit more than everybody else and even having them big old targets to throw to.
Speaker 2: I think he's good. I just don't know where to stack him with the top three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think one of the things that stands out about him, and probably what a lot of the coaches probably had their eye on, is just you know, we talked so highly on.
Speaker 2: The individual talent.
Speaker 3: You know, Okay, who's the Heisman Trophy winner that year, who played better than everybody that year? But then you think about the leadership at that position. This guy won the national championship.
Speaker 2: Okay, that takes a lot.
Speaker 4: With a pro coach and the pro scheme with Harborough, with a pro coach, pro scheme, you let this team in situations where we didn't think y'all was going to win the game, which y'all found a way to win the game, and half of was led by you.
Speaker 2: A lot of the time it was you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So now you get him in the combine and you say, okay, let's now we could get a chance to gauge and judge this guy off of the guys around him. How does he stands out around these other guys. And that's why you're hearing the talk because Okay, not only did he did that throughout the season. Now he comes in here and do every thing we wanted to do, do it the right way.
Speaker 2: You don't have to. You know a lot of these other guys opt out say hey we I see my pro date. Yeah he did it here. He did it under the immense pressure.
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't want to be on the So I think when you get a guy, just want the national championship with a school that had been you know, and that has been talked about for so many years, getting back to Dominance. To do that and to have a coach in Harbrough who's now left a lot of people going to be wondering, Okay, where did this guy stand at? And then you come out there and you you measure out well, you go out there and test well, oh yeah, Now we're gonna be talking about this guy because he.
Speaker 2: Can be one of those guys. You know, every year somebody up in there.
Speaker 4: Every year he's the hand that rocks the cradle. Every year we have a draft pick that shoots up after it come by, sneaks up and becomes the hand that.
Speaker 2: Rocks the cradle.
Speaker 4: Like he his ascension, it's gonna push some good players out of the first round.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 4: You saw se office of line that could go first round. You saw five pass rushers that could probably go first round. You literally everybody talking now like he's six quarterbacks, they could go first round.
Speaker 2: So good talent is gonna get pushed to the second round.
Speaker 4: And also, I think when it comes to him, he doesn't make in game mistakes like I see him play clean games, and.
Speaker 2: That's what I like about him.
Speaker 1: Where would you feel comfortable taking him?
Speaker 4: I would feel taken if quarterback is the most important position. I would feel good taking him in the top ten because his position of worth says he's worth there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a thought on that.
Speaker 2: I never know because this stuff varies.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying because I'm a guy that's big on knicks, and I understand his you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know, you know what I mean. I understand what everybody looks at him being older. You know what I mean? I like quarterbacks, played a lot of football me too, and I understand that.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, hey, wow, I mean we talk about the guy come out with us or Winky Chris Chris Winky being an older guy and then not paying it out for him but I'm just I just feel like you some of that stuff that you see on the field.
Speaker 2: Trump's all that.
Speaker 3: If a guy can go out here and measure up against some of these other guys where they're.
Speaker 2: Young or not, he's season. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You might you might come. You might be on the team that needs you right now. Or the other kid out there in Washington who had the two knee injuries to me, who.
Speaker 2: Can easily sneak up there too.
Speaker 3: So I say, you know, when you ask me that question, I see three other guys, two other guys. You can mention with him that that somebody might just say, hey, I want him because I feel like he can come in and make us better right now.
Speaker 2: So I think easy first round. I just can't tell you where.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I think the thing for me is like obviously like not a lot of throws, like Fred said, and they ran the ball a ton at Michigan. But I think the thing when you watch when I watched him in person, like his arm is electric. Yeah, Like obviously Joe Milton has a bigger arm and like that you can throw it a mile, but like the ability for him to just like layer throws make like literally touch anywhere on the field, Like that was a thing. Like when you watch like Bonnicks has a good arm, Yeah, but JJ's arm it's better, right JD. You talk about JJ not being an athlete, but like they run quarterback power with him. They ran him a lot of he's physical, like he's smart. He went to IMG Academy, which is essentially college football and high school and so like, dude, dude is pretty polished up. And then the other thing that stuck out to me when I watched them, and again, you watch the TCU game from last year twenty twenty two where they got eliminated from the playoffs, is he makes throws over the middle of the field at a very high level. And when you look at the differentiating factors between an NFL quarterback and a college quarterback, yeah, they make throws of the middlefield NFL guys. Yeah, So see him making those throws, tough throws, tight window throws. And again there's not I think I think the thing is like there's not a lot of throwing volume, but the throws he is making are him really really hard. And when you watch like bow Knicks, for example, bow Knicks does do some challenging.
Speaker 2: Stuff and throwing into space.
Speaker 1: He's throwing into space a little bit more and in the offense, it like insulates him quite a bit. So I don't want to knock him because the offense in slated. You know what I'm saying, I don't want I don't think that's fair, But I just think the physical tools of jj are it was. It was just really impressive to see it in person. You talk about panics like Penix has got a cannon for an arm, right, but J j Zon was better. And the fact that he could layer throws. You know, hey, I got a little touch on this one. So I got to get the you know, the driver oute for this. Like it was one throw I watched him make. I forgot who it was against.
Speaker 4: But I always when quarterbacks throw across the middle, they are supposed to throw at the back of the helmet of.
Speaker 2: The middle left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I watched him with a pass and I was like, oh my god, literally inch away from the linebacker's head and he putting it right on the tight end. I didn't see some of these other guys make these throws like I love Caleb. I didn't see him make a throw like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so it is more NFL ish, And I think like when you talk to scouts gms, like they're really hyped on that because they the projection off of those throws is a little bit easier. So I could definitely, you know, I probably have him as like a twenty to thirty player on my big.
Speaker 2: Board right quarterback. But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I think like they like, that's very reasonable that he would go top ten and so, like, you know.
Speaker 2: And then coming from a pro system, Oh yeah, that's that's big.
Speaker 3: I tell you of these other guys I spoke to you about that, That's what's one of the that's one of the edges that we had come out of university in Miami.
Speaker 2: It was pro system all four years, and it was pro ready.
Speaker 3: Like the way we practiced, the way we you know, we we we basically studied everything was like as if we was with the Dallas Cowboys, because you know, Coach Davis came from the Cowboys with Jimmy and all those guys. So we was literally sitting at meetings like this is what we're gonna be going through. I got into the pros and hadn't learned much more than when I was learning in college.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. So that stands out.
Speaker 3: When you come from a system, you making those kind of throws, it's almost like, hey, he's ready to come in here. It might be that team like you said in the first round, those top thirties. It's like, look, man, we a quarterback away from you know, going to distance or getting further in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Put mine in the head of a scout, who would be easier to scout out of these quarterbacks, It'll be JJ. Yeah, JJ would be the easiest scout because the other guys are not really in these fro systems.
Speaker 2: I gotta figure out, did you play in this cunspine of this? Well, I know he can do this. I know what he can't do. I know what he can do.
Speaker 4: So for a scout, I think JJ would be easier for them to say I stamp and to prove him because I seen him do it.
Speaker 1: And I think, to me, he becomes a candidate. That's just becomes super intriguing. If you were to trade back, like if you trade back into like the eighth spot like that, and he's sitting right there, You're like, he is he is talented and again i'd like him to sit for a year. There's a lot of things I like to do. But man he is there's no denying his talent. Yeah, still a little bit developed. They're all developmental, but yeah, there's some there's some words there, but man he is. He is a talented son of a I got a.
Speaker 2: Question, and I don't want to get off. No, We've got a subject. How we talked about the main three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which one of those guys you think that's that's ready to go week one? Like like that that's going to go to Cale, Caleb, j Drayden or or.
Speaker 2: You want to I would say Caleb is ready to go.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm glad you said that. I'm gonna interrupt you. That dude is disgusting when you watch this film ten, Like his ability to throw from any arm, angle from like lack of bass, his ability to extend.
Speaker 2: Play across his body.
Speaker 1: Like it's not all like he's not on time, I get it, but like it's it's like it's like it's intoxicating, you know, like you're just like this guy can do anything with the football. And so again, does he does he work in the timing offense? I don't know, like you got to develop that element, but he his physical skill set is very, very tantalizing.
Speaker 4: When we were watching the Super Bowl, we watched playoff games and we were like, man, this game just so slow from Caleb has did in the game down.
Speaker 3: It's just I've seen those throws and all that stuff. I'm just wondering, just because you know, the difference is just getting in. You know, the pros is just this speed. I mean, you got those guys can walk the end. Yeah, you got those guys in your face. The look moves you made in college is just a lot different.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I feel like out of the three, Caleb would maybe to handle adversity better than the other two because it's gonna come with early adversity. I just think he would be able to his way up, weezer his way out of because he's so you got playing all style of football. So I just think and with Drake, he got stuff he needs to clean up. Like North Carolina don't do a good job of teaching the quarterbacks footwork. That's why we had to clean up Sam's footwork. It's very similar. So if you got to clean up his feet now to set him back just a little bit compared to a kler.
Speaker 3: So I look at those three guys all probably gonna go to a team that needs quarterback help immediate quarterback teams. And the other guys with Bowl Pennix and your boy JJ, they gonna go to the team seasoned already, and they could come in like like Pennis could be a guy that can come in and like he has that kind of that veteran savvy already, like you watched him in cottage, Like this guy seemed like he was just sharp, you know what I mean. I'm not I'm not sure how he great. I'm not sure how he you know, had you know, how he spoke.
Speaker 2: In his meetings. But I feel like those guys might land like a Lamar Jackson be on the team. You're right, We're boom.
Speaker 3: They can go out there and really, you know, look better than the other guys because now they're on a team that's trying to rebuild or build theirself really around them, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So so I think that's a really good p question, And I'm glad you brought that up because all three of them are projections to the NFL game. It's not like there's a Trevor Lawrence or and Andrew luck in this class. Like those dudes are all projections and it's just about again like where they go, like where they land and what type of system you have and how they insulate and how they developed that guy. Because when you watch throws, Drake may has the most like NFL throws quote unquote, but still there's a lot of stuff to his game that needs to be developed. Like Jayden only throws outside the numbers, like no middle of the field throws, takes a lot of sacks, Like that needs to be developed. Like JJ didn't play in an offense where he had to be the guy, Like that's going to take some time to work on. Bo Nicks had to be in an offense where he was insulated.
Speaker 2: And you know, like it's all all of them.
Speaker 1: And so to me, like we talked about these these prospects they need, the landing spot is maybe the most.
Speaker 2: Let me actually is can you just do it? What if?
Speaker 4: What if Jane Daniel end up as a Patriot and let's go bo Nicks ends up as a stealer who has the better career.
Speaker 1: I think it's hard to know. I was like all right right, right now.
Speaker 2: The better start. It'll be b Nicks, the stealers. Wright have to go win. Yeah, they go, they go.
Speaker 1: They're better team. They're a better team, and he doesn't have to do as much. Right, Just a reminder, we're brought to you, but by bet three sixty five, that bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic right now. New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account of bet three sixty five. Use a QR code to sign up. Deposit ten and twos between either first bet safety and offer by place taking a bet up to one thousand and if you're qualifying, bet loses, you receive a match refunded bonus bets or betting Get offer in place a bet of five dollars or more and get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. A Bet three sixty five official sports Betting Partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: Must be twenty one and other and physically located in Virginia. Please Gamma responsibly. If you or someone you know has gambling problem and wants him call Fred Gambler, Oh, we got to put you on the phone, and you keep saying you have to let him know to put you on the other line of that phone.
Speaker 2: Hello, this is Fred.
Speaker 1: Gambling, get your record, and just went, oh goodness me.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So now we got combine storylines. I think we did a good job talking through JJ and some of the quarterbacks up there. But let's talk about the I think the story of the combine, which is Xavier Worthy breaking the combine forty record and just the way he did it. I was obviously I was there. So he runs, he runs a four two five gate. I'm I have to get out the way. This dude's gonna run again. Doesn't need to run again. So he gets up again. And this this was on Saturday.
Speaker 2: It was packed.
Speaker 1: Man, it was like they're playing a game. There were so many fans there and it gets all quiet. It was always he gets out there and gases it. They flashed the four two two up there, so he tied the record. They adjusted it later. But there's coaches in this stands like bumping each other with the stopwatch, because you know, if he ran a four to two to two, someone had an at a four one nine. Yeah, someone had and they're like and so there's scouts up there, everyone's like laughing, there's coaches clapping, the stands are going crazy, right, So what was that like watching it for you guys at home, and what do you think that means for him as a process.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm I'm a guy that you know ran track sixty was my thing, especially indoor sixty.
Speaker 2: I was a sixty champion.
Speaker 3: When you see a guy when I ran my forty on Pro day, when I knew I was moving, and just like I said, what we talked about, if you run that four three, I run a four to three five out the gate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when I saw him running four two five out the gate, I'm like, it's no way, go sit down, never show up again.
Speaker 2: Hey, you don't have to do no more route. I don't want to do nothing today. You basically showed out just in your forty alone.
Speaker 3: So when I saw him get up, the first thing, I'm sitting there saying to myself like, he must be just gonna do something else better than that, because in order for me to try to top that, I gotta have something in store.
Speaker 2: And when I saw him get out, I want to see the I want to.
Speaker 3: See his first No, I want to see the first team because I remember I ran a one three yeah, and I'm sitting there like I'm sitting there like, man, I heard him. I saw he moving, he got out.
Speaker 2: I saw the knee drive moving. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when I saw the four to two to two, I say, get out of it. I'm literally I was eating. I was in this bar eating and I'm and I had a burger in my hand. I'm like, get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He didn't run that fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say what And he just kept running like and I say, damn the fans, they're perfect timing. But to see that later that he had broke the record, not tied it, man, it's just unbelievable. And we just talked about this a week ago about certain guys, you know what I mean, running that fast and the film not showing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So just just just also before you cut off, Jason just looked up one point four nine to ten, which is I think, I think that's a record breaking.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's good. So he is out there's one five second. That mean, well there wasn't there wasn't a lineman that ran on one five.
Speaker 1: So I mean it was a full tenth, but yeah, like it's like one and you're there.
Speaker 2: He's there, Like I tell you from time, do you understand when people say this three.
Speaker 4: Hundred pounds a rent of fort nine, y'all don't understand that's one, two, three four.
Speaker 1: He's there.
Speaker 2: What y'all have to understand?
Speaker 5: This is it.
Speaker 2: When I was watching, I was like, this is dude, just go back in time. I thought I was watching flash like this dude.
Speaker 4: Then I was like, first thing I did was get to my phone because I want to see films because because we talked about it, most fast guys they built for track.
Speaker 1: They ain't building. That's what you were talking about with John Ross right.
Speaker 4: Then I seen the southern, the wiggle, the ability of the ability to start and he upon return.
Speaker 2: So it's a hybrid.
Speaker 3: Between he made he put on He put on a show this past season anyway, like he played it without a.
Speaker 4: Deep ball nicknamed Tyreek Moss. He's a mixture of them both because he's more skinnier.
Speaker 2: But I was living at just being alone, you know. But he's only five eleven, he's one hundred.
Speaker 1: He's one hundred and sixty five pounds he's skinny dog. He is tired.
Speaker 4: I throw that due with my six feet look like he's eleven, but he's skinny as a take.
Speaker 2: But listen, but so so I want to bring this up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think he does have some good some good route running nu once he does, he's got some good route running feel. But one hundred and sixty five pounds, Bro, that's like Brandon Banks.
Speaker 2: That's that's Hollywood Brown.
Speaker 1: But those small guys, man, the only the only small guy that that that's that light that's been good over the last like ten years. Is the guy tanked out from Houston.
Speaker 2: Or your boy from Philly.
Speaker 1: I'm yes, right, I.
Speaker 2: Forgot about him, but takes me and he reminds me of the SHN Jackson.
Speaker 1: The way he moves.
Speaker 2: But is he is he strong?
Speaker 1: Because I also see him get absolutely rocked in press cover, like people get hands on him. It's like, you know what I mean, that's.
Speaker 4: The thing about the game. It's going to be like that's something that he's going to have to be awed up on, coached up on.
Speaker 3: But if you don't touch, if you miss him, because that's just like the kid from from the Giants who was at Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Uh last year? What two years ago? Which one? The one?
Speaker 3: They Hyatt had all that separation because he was getting motion here and there and then you saw him like he beat us a couple of times deep, but you saw many other games when I'm watching film.
Speaker 2: If you in his face, it wasn't as clean as it was.
Speaker 4: So where did he fit with the with the rest of this seemed to be a record breaking whide receiver class?
Speaker 2: Could you put him everybody wrong with Doomsday? Could you put him? Neighbors? Brian Thomas joan that Brian Thomas Jr. Is a specimen talk about So I thought he was like a fast, like big fast guy.
Speaker 1: He ran some routes like on the field, like his ability to sink and get out of stuff and knock your bog down. I like, I came out there like that dude could be something.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it now. He's gonna have a better career than elite navels.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a bold claim, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm to tell you.
Speaker 4: Because this dude got something to him and he's always been the number two too elite.
Speaker 1: So yeah, to me, this guy e because because he's smaller because he again he does run good routes, but doesn't run every route. He's like a go post guy post. And I really wanted to see him run routes of the combine because they have that section where they run like the slot guy stuff where it's like decelerateed quick twitche. So I just want to see are you running a four to two on that stuff or.
Speaker 2: Is it like a four nine.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about it, Like you know, coaches to tell you. I had a guy Darryl Jones man down that's card he was. He was actually a Z receiver, like he was.
Speaker 2: Highly sought out when we was coming into college.
Speaker 3: So I was behind him and we was both freshman, and like I said, we had Reggie's a freshman, he was an ex So I never looked at Reggie become like he's a extu received.
Speaker 2: I mean they do. He's a you know, more possession.
Speaker 3: This guy Daryl would blazing fast, but when you got on the field, he didn't translate what he did on the track to the field. And I did everything between ten, fifteen, twenty and then beyond it looked the same him.
Speaker 2: It was like a gather.
Speaker 3: And then I got to know, and so that was separated the two of us. He started our freshman year. I would come in on third down getting the slot, and the coach is like, what twn of getting in there?
Speaker 2: And his quick twitch everything.
Speaker 3: Is like more like, it's more fluent. It looks like it looks when he's running track, you know what I mean. And he's to tell him you gotta run. You gotta run like you running you're on that track, like you run one hundred and he couldn't do it. And we would talk about all the time. So that's a great question with Xavier.
Speaker 2: Can he translate be that same four to two one.
Speaker 3: Within his routes, within that hitch, within that slant, within that you know that comeback. You want to be able to see him be able to come off the ball that same way and threaten guys, because you know, if you have that, that's one thing I had to my advantage. I take two or three steps when I when I eat up that cushion dB getting out of that back pedal.
Speaker 2: They turned them hips right now now you turning hips? Yep. Maybe you're gonna always tell this.
Speaker 4: I know, if a fast received is gonna be good in NFL, if your number one rout is a go route. You probably ain't. They ain't gonna translate to the NFL if you fast. Your number one rout is a fifteen yard comeback, comeback.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing that again, he in college, he's running goes and posts, and I think you see enough where you say maybe he could run a comeback. Maybe. And again, the other thing I love about him is his ten is excellent. So, like you mentioned one hundred meter guys and how they run forties, they like it's.
Speaker 2: Like a play. They build up by fifty. Kick this dude on his.
Speaker 1: Ten teleport to the ten yard line, right, I'm just I'm sure everyone's seen that that that overlay.
Speaker 2: Of him, him and a John and he's killing you. And so like I like that he's got that that burst through ten.
Speaker 1: But again, like I wanted to see the dude run a comeback, right, I wanted to see him run a choice an angle, like I wanted to see if that speed translated.
Speaker 4: But again, but I did watch him run screens. He's very good and running screens, which I have seen him. Got the ball and go he wrote to one hundred I screened. So if you're a skinny dude. Dude, it's gotta be part of your repertoire. The thing is, when it comes to corners, what's gonna be his cryptonite? Is it gonna be the tall South gardeners? Is it gonna be the smile?
Speaker 2: Come on, let's be honest. Though they don't.
Speaker 3: They're not beating up guys no more. Now, we couldn't sit here and talk about that. That weight, it's not gonna probably affect him, you know what I mean, Dale, it's gonna be all about it's gonna be all how can he transition in routes. If he can transition in the routes, he's gonna have a great So.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought up Tank Town. We're gonna get off this real quick. But we're talking receiver nuance here. So Tank Dell had one of the best on ball release packages I've seen coming out of college. Like, dude could run every route, false acceleration at the top, throw the feet down, get the shoulders. He's got a little bit of that, Yeah, But is it enough to survive at the NFL level?
Speaker 4: My question, he'll goes the phoe to enough to put him in the first round, right, because if you a playoff team at the end of the end of the first round.
Speaker 2: Let's say this, I asked this question, where was he before he ran the.
Speaker 6: Four two for just Fiddle scond round so kasas City Chiefs Kass City Stree was just when it said, we were just saying that maybe he falls last player in the first round, because that's all a team like me, you know what I mean to go out of your head.
Speaker 2: I can see that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see no, oh he's top ten because of the four to two. No, but I can see that, hey, he slides up to that that perfect red.
Speaker 4: He's an indie Reed. Don't forget Andy Reed drafted Todd Pinkston. Pinston was one hundred and sixty six poules with I'm telling you now, I know how he thinks. He is slobbing that and read he's They read his name when he.
Speaker 2: Ran that four two.
Speaker 4: They read his name on the paper for Kansas right there with the thirty second pick in the first round.
Speaker 2: Where is it? Come on down? What it is?
Speaker 1: Dude's got gas man And you know, I think interesting like to think about him in the Cliff Kingsbury offense at thirty six you know, like just an interesting thought. I'm not saying that's what they're gonna do, but like you know what I'm saying, get those like quick screens, get the.
Speaker 2: Ball in his hands, return them. Yeah. Yeah, and again we're gonna have to replace that that third that slot guy. You never know. I'm just speed.
Speaker 1: I was so disappointed because he didn't do their routes. But again, really nice performances. Have Another guy that absolutely murdered the combin, just from like a measurement standpoint, was Joe Milton, the Tennessee quarterback and throwing seventy yard bombs.
Speaker 2: And I guess my question is they don't do it for me.
Speaker 1: I have talk.
Speaker 4: I watched him Elite two years ago. Go down there, Tennessee quarterback and throw a seventy yarold bob.
Speaker 2: They don't do nothing.
Speaker 1: I think he's the first quarterback ever to throw at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I get a little of scourge when I see that, because if I get a guy, young guy, come in, big arm, that's all he want to be about.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't be in them. We don't play with guys with big arms. Man, Look that thing. You gotta play football. It ain't gonna be no seventy yard bump quarterback. They throw hard because he's gonna bounce off for you and I'm gonna catch them.
Speaker 2: And I'm not with all that.
Speaker 4: What happens now the court thing with Tennessee right now that is going on is they got a one read pass game.
Speaker 2: And the question with him is Kenny process? Yeah it ain't. Can he throw because he's tall, he got all the mental.
Speaker 1: I mean think about he is six ' five, two forty He didn't two forty five. He didn't run at the combine, But dude at the end of the drills did a freaking handspring spring backflip like he is a he's an athlete, and watch him run like he's running dudes over like he is everything you want in an athletic physical body for a quarterback. He's got it. But when you watch him play quarterback.
Speaker 2: Is he done? Take? Is he done take?
Speaker 1: I don't think he's I don't think he processes.
Speaker 2: He might be more like your boy come out of Texas won that championship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not saying like he had a funky was a little thicker, you know, he had a little different kind of game.
Speaker 3: I see what you said, saying, like, you know he has that freak. That freak is streak of nature kind of you know, arm scrimped and the way he plays the game.
Speaker 1: You know. So what I was thinking is like, as I've always thought about this, just so, like you know, football nerd stuff, right here, do you draft him in like the fifth or sixth round and then he is your goal line goal line short yardage guy. Not not not with if I'm drafting the dude it too, we'd like no, but no, but listen, listen. So like, so we got a package. We're gonna run zone read your biggest hell, like, go get it. Get those shorts like Cam Newton with Newton or terror Taysom Hill right like that's your package. That's who we tried out there, and you go get it. You go get it and we and we steal downs. We we invent our own version of the toush push.
Speaker 4: Now, when see, you can't go in a relationship like that. You can't go in a relationship. I just got this new girl friend.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about further command, I'm not talking I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Number two picks. I told him. Looking over his show, he's saying he just saying basically, I know what he's saying.
Speaker 4: Last time we did it in drafted two quarterbacks and the same but it favored us.
Speaker 2: Well, But we needed to go to the second guy. I understand, but the first guy was always.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know if you have the right first guy, that's what you're doing that.
Speaker 3: But see the thing about it, though, if a team okay, with that situation, we had to kind of do that, and I had to.
Speaker 2: You know, coaches gave us the reason and behind that.
Speaker 3: In this case, I don't think we probably would go that route if it's us another team talking about Yeah, I don't think we will go that round because.
Speaker 2: You have a guy passing quarterback and they need to runner.
Speaker 1: If you went to like Philly or something like, I'll be sick.
Speaker 2: To my man. I'll be like, come on, man, like these guys, you can't see him going to Dallas.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's not, just to be clear, at playing quarterback, he is not very good. But in terms of physical traits.
Speaker 4: But you put him behind a starter, yeah, and let him sit him age because eventually they're gonna get tired of paying that they are and I could see them drafting him in like the third round and say, hey dude, hey you the practice guy. He ain't even putting you in no game. You ain't need the backup. And we want you to learn learn from Cooper Rush and learn from whoever you need to learn from, but we need you to learn how to play quarterback. And I would not be shocked in three years if Joe Milton is the stowing quarterback for the Cowboy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's kicked around a little bit. You know, he's at Michigan, Tennessee and he's never really gotten there. But you want to be the guy that gets in there. Yes, I could be pretty special.
Speaker 2: Ill coaches think they can. You know. This is the thing about coaching, all right.
Speaker 1: And then the other one is the Mary Smims from Georgia. So let's just walk you through it. Man, incredible boat. Dude is six ' eight, he's three forty. He had thirty six and an eighth inch arm like, that's like Dwan Jones from my shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then his hand, his hand, no kidding, measured eleven and a quarter. Okay, that's as big as this piece of paper. His hand is that is that big?
Speaker 2: Imagine him just walking down slamping you to the graph.
Speaker 1: And then on top of that, homeboy ran a five flat forty, which is the fourth fastest forty time for someone who's three hundred and forty pounds plus in the history.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous of the combat. He's an RV. Dude, He's an RV. He's an RV. Packed. The kids and the family were going on the back of meal.
Speaker 1: Have you seen him? Have you seen that picture of him? Like he went to one of his buddies interviews like pressures, and he's standing in the back and it looks like it's like everyone's at his waist and his back is like three people wide. Have you seen that clip? Oh my gosh it it is so funny.
Speaker 2: He is a Ricky's quarterback, a Ricky quarterback.
Speaker 4: Blessing because the one thing you want to do, because we talked about a couple of guys we let go.
Speaker 2: Probably reason we let go we want I tackle to age with our quarterback.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: So imagine having this dude, this mountain of a man. You know, I'm a game of throne the mountain and rides this guy.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Yes, this is him at the presser.
Speaker 2: My god, I can't do nothing.
Speaker 1: Look at this guy looking at his face. Look at this guy in front of him.
Speaker 2: Is this looked like another a real MENJA movie like you about on the lanes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is this is him. And just imagine him walking up to you talking about I heard you talking to my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: And he did an interview with somebody grown men.
Speaker 2: He's standing in front of it like that, and he.
Speaker 1: Did an interview where he's holding a mic and you know they do those many mic segments. His hand is like so big A did It's like it looks like he's holding a tiny kid.
Speaker 2: Mike, I'm I'm praying he. I'm praying he around when we picked.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's just talk about him as a prospect. Yeah, okay, because I do a lot of you do. He's only played seven games in his whole career. He's had a little bit of an injury history. He pulled his hamstring on his second ham screen.
Speaker 2: Is this off ball to me?
Speaker 1: But so, but again, he's kind of that Joe Milton guy.
Speaker 2: I want to take that chance.
Speaker 4: We wasted this last year when I was like I was trying to get us the draft, Everybody like, no, he wrong, he ain't there. All I seen him do is here?
Speaker 2: Ball out? Ball out?
Speaker 1: So me and you both were on that. Apparently there was like a medical and a weight issue and a character issue with that.
Speaker 2: But still like, sometimes I need guys with care to his shoes.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I need guys we wait his shoes, Like sometimes it's about the players.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me what he can't do when he can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And so he's biggest, he's biggest, hell like he is. There's no like he's like you know that.
Speaker 2: Old Bill Parcels, like he measured bigger. Yeah, I got kick it over. How big this dude is? Thirty six? In what you told me in college?
Speaker 4: They were like, no, he ain't but sixty six, Like how could you how could you miss two inches?
Speaker 2: Like, na, he ain't but six sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: He's one of those guys that you know how when you played on the little league team, you just want one of them big guys on your team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just just a scared of other team. Yeah, come come on, come on, come on, young man, you're gonna be with me.
Speaker 1: They're gonna play with us. He's only twenty one years old. He just turned twenty one. He's still he's a baby man, a baby. If he's there at thirty six.
Speaker 2: At thirty six, they need to let me run it up there.
Speaker 1: It won't get there in time. Fred Tanna's got to run it up all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You see what's the name words that broke him up? You know my face flashed him and John Rawls didn't beat me. But it works.
Speaker 4: But sometime a project is what you need. Like everybody can't come in the league read it from day one. You can't draft like that. Like sometimes indeed, just like Thanos Winch shocked to everybody, he could do the same thing. He could show up and be like, you know what because of his house of line coach, he done brought me up to speed.
Speaker 1: I'm a lot better than I was, So I guess there's the seven game thing. And when you watch him play, like there's times where it looks like he's sleeping out there.
Speaker 2: Like he is. He just got bored.
Speaker 1: He's just that good though. He got both his techniques not great, but he's like, oh you want to bull worst me, Oh sick, what's up? I'm just gonna hold you. We're gonna dance for a second. You can run pretty good. Like there was a clip. I forget who they were playing. It was like Georgia Tech. Maybe they're running the screen and he's running out there all big. He looks like a you know, like a distortion on the screen. He runs up to the court or there's a safety. The safety tries to hit him and he doesn't even ben. He doesn't bend at all. He just takes one hand and pushes him. And the dude, I'm not kidding, Tan gets ejected. It was like like he ran into a truck and I was just like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: So it's not fair.
Speaker 1: There's there's some questions about his durability. There's some questions about his experience.
Speaker 5: They questioned it round it. Friend said, give me what you say, so I want it.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's just not every time we draft the person and think this is clear cut it's true.
Speaker 1: And I think that's a great point by Fred. All the quarterbacks, all the offensive linemen, it's a projection. You're just trying to manage risk and hope that this is the right situation to develop that.
Speaker 2: And you also want diamond the rough sometimes and I think that I don't know.
Speaker 1: If he's even in the rough. Though he's like standing up in the grass.
Speaker 2: You see it, you just can't put it.
Speaker 1: A k big foot.
Speaker 2: This is who he is.
Speaker 1: He's a big old, big old hoss. So for sure, all right, so let's talk about the other guy.
Speaker 2: Chop.
Speaker 1: Robinson runs out one five four ten yards split, which is the fastest ten yards split ever for a player over two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Pounds ever in the history.
Speaker 1: Like, how long is the com I going forty years? Forty five years. There's been some freaky dudes coming through there, and he is the fastest one in the ten ever.
Speaker 4: Studying him, I found that when he was a baby, he was fourteen pounds. What there's two kids, like having twins, there's seven pounds and beats?
Speaker 1: Do we need to fact check this?
Speaker 2: So we check it? And this is how you got the name I believe. I believe he came in at real slow. He found out as a baby he was fourteen pounds. He came in like it was true. Right, that's the size of a tire, right, will it all? I'm saying this is how he got the nickname for Chop.
Speaker 4: So this, oh really yes, because he's a fourteen pound baby, Like I don't know if if I couldn't even.
Speaker 2: Push the fourteen pound baby out. But what I'm saying is this is a grown man. I pause. I hope you can't put I could imagine like toting fourteen.
Speaker 4: This is huge And for you to tell me this dude ran like this, could we be looking at another Michael Parson.
Speaker 1: So let's let that sit for a second and let me just say let me just say this from a physical standpoint, he's very unique. His play on the field is a little bit up and down right, Like he's got gas.
Speaker 2: Ain't that just peer state players?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, yeah, just so he's got gas gas for days. But he's not very productive, you know what I'm saying. Like every once in a while you see them like so he'll rip off the edge, You're like, oh my gosh, what is that? And then he's like never for the rest of the game.
Speaker 2: Year he ran around like a bad Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't use his hands very well. Fred and I talked about this too. He's built like a little muscle hamster and he can't put his elbows to his sides, so he can't.
Speaker 2: So he's still and then to scare me.
Speaker 4: But with all the other stuff like, I'm like, okay, I can I can teach him some past Rush moved to use his hand.
Speaker 1: But he can't bring his elbows in Fred because he's got so much muscles.
Speaker 2: They remind me of Levi Anton LeVar walk around him.
Speaker 4: He handle legs like a too pig down like wi to le compared to his upper body did not fit it like he had been in a wheel chain six years and that's bad.
Speaker 2: But this way his speed came. But he was a hell of an after.
Speaker 4: Forty inch, come forth forth. So b State makes these dudes all the time. And that's why I asked you, is he another Michael Parson?
Speaker 1: So again, like Micah there was like a dude. He's he's a good like I like, I like, I like the athletic upside here is tremendous. And I think that's why he's gonna go in the first round. But if you fail to thirty six, like you take a flyer.
Speaker 2: On a guy like that. So let me ask you, this poke chop there at thirty six? Mems is there at thirty six?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, who's gonna be there? Who's gonna be there at forty? That's the other one. So if if one of those guys gonna slide to forty, I'm taking the other one.
Speaker 3: And then no, no, no, no, If memes at thirty six, I'm going with me. I'm gonna get there. I'm gonna get that diamond. That's that's that's so not in the rough.
Speaker 2: I want it, I trust me.
Speaker 3: I want to look just hearing the measurements alone, knowing what we need on that line. But he ain't got to play right now.
Speaker 2: He can be a project.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to take a chance on that.
Speaker 4: Basically, have to see if Philadelph your line over the legs five six years.
Speaker 1: They do a good job of developing. So the thing that would hurt me more than anything is they take him, you know, at the end of the first round or something like that, and then he sits behind Lane Johnson for a year and then he comes back, comes out of the lab and just looks like it just like the steam comes out like.
Speaker 2: A death.
Speaker 4: That you know they'll do it because they went out defense dre up picks late like so this year they trying to wreck they're trying to find a replacement a center and replace that it go I mean it tackle.
Speaker 1: So that would be that would make me pretty sick.
Speaker 2: But but again let's not speak that existence that we try not to truth.
Speaker 1: But his production is a little bit down. He's very productive against bad tackles. He had a pretty good game against Michigan. But he's a one trick pony. He runs the hump really high, doesn't bend super well, but he's twitched up, burst up, doesn't use his hands really well. But maybe you get him with a guy like Dan Quinn and says oh.
Speaker 2: Poa chop man, especially after Queenn just head Micah like, it'll be probably hard for you to sit there and be like, you know, we were don't have to pass on these kids. No, I can't see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so a special athlete. All those guys are special little worts with all of them, but all very special. And that's the beauty of the combine man. You get to see some pretty special stuff, all right. So now we're doing the twenty ten NFL Redraft presented by NWFCU. NWFCU is presented by no Wait. This segment is presented by a Northwest Credit Federt Union. It is the official credit union of the Washington Commanders. Stop Searching go Northwest, check out NWFU dot org slash Washington and to see how easy it is to join. And now Northwest can help make your money work for you. Stop by a branch, servisit NWFCU dot org slash Washington today. All right, So now redrafting twenty ten. And the reason we're redrafting twenty ten is because that's my year. I'm in this draft class, and I'm very confident in saying I will not get drafted again.
Speaker 4: And damn, I was shocked how many great to buy class this class. Quarterback Like, I would never go for a quartermaker.
Speaker 2: Y'all class. But besides the position of quarterback, y'all are tough. Sony classes a little bit.
Speaker 1: Like we're really good. We're really We had a couple of borderline Hall of famers. We got some explosive playmakers.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Trent Williams Hall of Fame, Broad Mars, Jason Pierre Paul or Brandon Graham come out of Sonkam Chancellor, come out of Son.
Speaker 3: Golden take Eric Barry By Lord Jimmy Graham and Brendan Graham, Dame Runk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, we're living our best, you know.
Speaker 2: Atkins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, I mean.
Speaker 2: Got cam Chancellor, Lord have mercy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm not getting drafted. I'm okay with that. Yeah, but uh, Jason, how are we doing this? We're picking a.
Speaker 4: Number samn Shill and Tonyo Brown don't know about want to bring up baby, dude.
Speaker 1: I was hoping you wouldn't talk about him because I was gonna draft. Here we go, So pick a number between one and three. Friend, you start here, we go three, two.
Speaker 2: There you go, Jason.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: Said three here wiped it up. But I'm tired of Jason man Joe Hayden, dude, so I'm gonna go last.
Speaker 1: Dude, you don't want to go last in this draft because there aren't any quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Say I don't want any of these quarterback I'm going all players. Rules, you gotta get a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Let's the rules, real quick. One quarterback, fifteen selections in the Steak Drive five picks each. Each team must have a quarterback, a quarterback, a pass catcher, a defensive player, and two wild cards. Wild cards unless you're running the single wing.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take college football's best quarterback of all time.
Speaker 2: I'm going first. Well, we will have you tell us that a little a little later.
Speaker 3: I'm starting off with the guy that that SI seats number one on this page, and that's Sam Brown.
Speaker 2: He guess what what do you got? What you got? One hundred and fifty million? And what else?
Speaker 1: National championship?
Speaker 2: Oh, next champ? What else? There? You go?
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: We get some about God. This is the luckiest man of all and didn't play a down my God, Sam Brad He's he's accurate though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So I'm going next. This is tough because the remaining quarterbacks are Jimmy Clauson, Colt McCoy, and Tim Tebow.
Speaker 2: Go ahead of him, get quarterback dray up of all time.
Speaker 1: So I am going Colt McCoy, our guy, Colt McCoy, random applause, everybody. Oh, I think he could play. I think he could play. We get some good playmakers around him.
Speaker 2: It'll be all right, all right. I am not taking a quarterback right now because.
Speaker 1: No one else who would you take?
Speaker 2: Taking the protector of the quarterback trick?
Speaker 1: Ween, let's pickuld pick.
Speaker 2: My guy picked Hall of Famer, all.
Speaker 1: Right, you get another pick, all right, And with.
Speaker 2: My second pick, I'm going to the Hall of Fame again. I'm going Robert Gronkowski, Fred Grecelling job don't excellent Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Job by you? All right, I am gonna go. I'm gonna go with the best playmaker in this class before he lost his mind, Godo Brown, right about this.
Speaker 3: And if you're going to Tonio Brown, I'm going to Marius Thomas prob blessed the dead Thomas Denver, Broncos wide receiver was on a Hall of Fame trajectory. Hey man, trust me, I think both of you guys. Both of you guys didn't see that sitting there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I get another one. You know what?
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a tough one because I saw some names up here, man that I just didn't want to, you know, let be out there. And due to the fact that I'm gonna stay true to the game, So I gotta go defense to wherever you want, right, No, I'm gonna go defense. I'm gonna go, my guy, man, Earl Thomas, Earl, Are you doing that?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: You know I got it. You gotta be a great gem man. That's what the things about picking.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good man. I like that one quite a bit. I need uh so what do I need here? What do I need. No, I'm happy with my picks right now. Don't worry about that. Go wild card here. I'm gonna go Jimmy Graham. I'm gonna go Jimmy. We got we got Coke Macco. We gotta get him some playmakers, guys, gotta give him some play.
Speaker 2: I'm killing this draft. I'm going another Hall of Famer and dumbak and suit suit. Listen between the trenches, y'all cannot play with me.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: I got so.
Speaker 1: I got something for you.
Speaker 2: I got something to but I ain't gonna steal money. And I'm back.
Speaker 4: Let me see where I'm going now, all right, I got I got offensive line, I got defensive line.
Speaker 2: I got grunk at tight end. I need a pass catcher. Hey be gone, right, they be gone? Okay, get the X. I think I think I'm gone. I'm gonna take your going.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. So defensive player.
Speaker 2: Y'll forgetting about Joe McCoy. Nah, yeah, this guy away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, friend, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Come on down, lord, have mercy man. Well, since he got Gerald McCoy, I'm gonna get my dude. Uh, he got eight fingers and guess what, I got another pick right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the middle is the worst and and last, but not least.
Speaker 2: It's got to be one of those right here that that soccer team that said, you know what, I just inched out and had the better draft. I'm gonna put this guy on my team.
Speaker 3: I think he's very deserved the name Robberts because he brought the axbes up here.
Speaker 2: That's pure love right there. We needed that. Oh yeah, Cam Chancellor.
Speaker 1: Cam Chancellor, that's good. Yeah, they force it, and I'm going we need to go all line here. I think probably right got to block some of these people have got rushing in the pastor here. So I'm going pro Hall of Famer Marque Spouncy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's gotta have gotta protect.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm gonna go Hall of Famer two again. That'll be five in a row for me. I'm gonna take the Hall of Famer and the Golden standing for the state of Texas. Cole McCoy already drafted him.
Speaker 2: All right, bow right, baby, the left hand villain.
Speaker 1: You need to want more?
Speaker 2: Right called out the teams you lost, so.
Speaker 1: So Tanna yeah, we start with Tanna. So Sam Bradford is the quarterback. Jason Bierre Paul is the edge rusher, right, Tanna, who else you got? You got Damarius Thomas, Thomas, and then I'm missing one here, Cam Chance, Earl Thomas and Camp. Dude.
Speaker 2: He got Thomas and Cam Chancer bro the leading the boom.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good mine. So Cole McCoy awesome, really stoked about that. Gerald McCoy, awesome, McCoy, Marcus, Marquise Pouncey, good about that. Jimmy Graham and Antonio Brian like that. We are throwing that ball over the yard.
Speaker 2: Man. Jimmy quits. He retired like Sam years ago. Nobody he was good for a little bit though.
Speaker 1: All right, now go mat All right, Fred, So you got with Tim Tebow as the quarterback gold standard, you'll lose every game? Robowski.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Trent Williams, Yeah, I don't have the rest of your That is Brian Dombakin, Sue and Dominican Sioux.
Speaker 2: Oh that's serious. That's pretty good. A good team.
Speaker 1: They don't have a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Nobody in his draft as a quarterback. Do you understand it, Sam Braffords, I would.
Speaker 2: Take Hey, man, I had to get the better one out of all.
Speaker 1: Dnson old Lineman.
Speaker 2: No, we're playing We're playing seven, so I think that's gonna hurt Sam Brafford. We're playing itself.
Speaker 4: He getting out to be getting the ball quick, getting rid of me Braford, mister Glass, same person.
Speaker 1: Meadi on line to protect that guy. So fans, we're gonna argue about our running hitches. Man, I want my team to win. But what team do you guys think?
Speaker 2: I actually like Fred's. I'm not gonna lie. It's pretty good. The first one that it's pretty good. The first time. I want to Tim t first time I want to give Fred not you know, can I ask you all.
Speaker 4: Out of the three stolen quarterbacks, which one of them one of the playoff games.
Speaker 2: I think it's mine? Tim Tebow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, against the Steelers.
Speaker 2: So Tim Tebow is the best quarterback.
Speaker 1: That has to be the best defense in the history of the NFL. They won that game ten or something.
Speaker 2: All I remember is the left hand going to marry Is Thomas.
Speaker 1: And do you remember the front they were playing. This is football nerdy stuff. They literally had nine guys at the line descrim There was no safety. They were like we dare you.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was like drift that was a drift and whatever it was, it took. I remember Tim t Bow throwing the ballfire, it's just dropping him like this guy right here, Jesus down.
Speaker 1: Do you remember Derek Anderson, the little little white rod receiver. Yeah, yeah, So he came out of and he he had just come from uh, from Denver, and it was like, oh, you know, like it was Tim Tebow, Like, man, that must have been pretty cool play with him. He's like just just so you know, in seven, when we're doing routes like one on ones, it's like I would count to make sure that he wasn't throwing to me.
Speaker 2: That's bad man.
Speaker 1: It was batter and we're not throwing anybo Hey, great player, but only the.
Speaker 2: Best quarterback in this class. Say what you want to. No playoff wins. No playoff y'all running. It's like running pop pop pass man. That's all y'all running with to grunk.
Speaker 1: All right, So leave a comment let us know who you think who won this draft, and please we always appreciate your support. Like and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts and check us out on YouTube. If you want to see our ugly faces.
Speaker 2: We are brought to you by Bet three sixty five. At bet three six five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic.
Speaker 3: That's why we offer an end game experience which covers over seventy eight sports and seven hundred and eighty live streams two ninety million customers worldwide.
Speaker 2: Our online betting brand is.
Speaker 3: Powered by a world class proprietary product and over seven thousand employees across the globe.
Speaker 2: Whatever sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At bet three sixty five.
Speaker 3: The official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 2: Please gamble responsibly.
Speaker 3: If you or someone know has a gambling problem and wants helped, call one eight hundred Gambler.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.