Speaker 1: Hello everyone. I'm Devin Simone and I'm Anissa Ferreira and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast, and today we're covering episode seven and eight of the Challenge free Agents. So grab your notes because I know you got some, And remember you can watch the Challenge free Agents along with us right now for free. Go to Paramount plus dot com and use code Challenge Pod to try one month free A Nissa, I don't talk. No, let's not talk about this was more of a U episode No as far as a sausage party wet in episode seven.
Speaker 2: Today, you guys are gonna be playing sausage party. This challenge is gonna be played in two rounds, one for guys, one for girls. So to begin, I'm gonna wrap everyone up like a sausage. They're gonna line you up at the starting line and when I say go, you're gonna kick, wiggle and roll yourself through this entire course. Now along the way, you'll hit some commiments for sure, get you dressed up a little bit. As long as you end up on this bread the finish line, we.
Speaker 1: Are saran wrapped in a DSM fantasy, yes, where Zac, of all people, a giant amongst giants is terrified. I don't know who saran wrapped him as a child, but he's he said, he is a fear being tied down. Like, I know where did you get that right? Like what text party? Were you at right that they tied you down? And you said this is a ford on that foot? But you can't tell me that the night before we didn't think that we were eating And you said I trained for two things. Yep, trivia and food. I stand by it. I was ready. I stand stand by it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, not Teresa trying to throw shady talking about Devin likes to eat things, Yes, bitch, and what still do just eighty chocolate chip worldnut cookie Before I got on this podcast, I do like to eat things, And yes, I was prepared for what I thought TJ's gonna have us do. Why do we think, Anissa, that the clues are actually they haven't been real clues in a long Like, why there haven't any clues?
Speaker 1: Actually? Yeah? How do we feel like every time we really think, ooh, we figured it out, and like there are some like when they're like in going to the depths, I'm like, okay, so we're probably going underwater, under something or down like there were some like contact clues actually, like just just words that were like, Okay, this is gonna this probably means something. But we were you we were ninety seven percent of the time. We were wrong.
Speaker 3: We're so wrong, like just so far. We really everybody in that house was like, cool, we're eating, and.
Speaker 1: Now they're just like wear compression shorts and a sports problem. We're like, I guess we're getting wet or dirty and we're eating, and then if we have to wear a regular uniform, we know that we're doing something. I think they need to bring clues. Black they black, they should clues. It's like, don't run over there all of the clues we should. I have to say. Sausage Party is still one of my favorite challenge dailies and my favorite clips. Everything from the music they play with that, like why they're playing crunk music at the start of that, I don't know, but I love it. You and I get you're still on the grill and I'm still on the grill. I don't know if you had to get air lifted out of it, but I am a side of it because because literally they didn't. Whoever, you know, how they test out these challenges or whatever some of them. Nobody tested that one out.
Speaker 3: They didn't that, or they didn't have boobs in a butt. And I stand by that because literally the pole fit right between you know, that little notch between I know I was there, Yeah, exactly, well, it fit. It just slid right there, and then it would not. I could not rock off of it. And then once I finally did, it slit up my butt and I couldn't rock off that either, and was a real disadvantage.
Speaker 1: How did you feel, I was? I mean, I did fairly well. You did? That was my ring tone. Guys, ignore that you did, and I know I both guarded my way. I said, see y'all, but you kept your face like the thing I was impressed about.
Speaker 3: When they cut to a clip of your face, it was still flawlessly, not an ounce of sand.
Speaker 1: Everybody else had full blown sand cakes. Listen. I cared about my first of all, I have my natural hair and my weave. And that hair was Indian if you don't know, it's a good quality hair, and it was expensive. And I didn't bring any other hair with me like you, So I was like, and I only brought this face, so I was like, listen, I am not getting anything dirty. There was a way, just hold your head up. Even Laurel said it, like you're not gonna eat sand and shit if you know, Yeah, your head's up. And I don't even know if I tucked my head hair in my helmet, but.
Speaker 3: You had it pretty tucked in your face like I didn't get the my I had, you know, all sandy.
Speaker 1: And it smelled so bad too, because that was like the water wig. So it smelled like every body of water we had been in, plus tomatoes, plus cilantra lettuce.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I had to That's why she'd be laid to rest. Like Tamara actually had been holding up pretty well, but at that point with the tomatoes and the sand and the salts, she just there wasn't more she could do.
Speaker 1: Wait, we buried her, and you go, it's okay. I got I got the two for one. I have another one, just like that, I do. I had tea. I well, we still didn't even flinch, like if I knew you had another one, Like if that would have registered. I'm like, bitch Tomara. Because Tamara was the water wig though, and she really put her life out like that. Real tears, real tears. She really is crying, you guys, I can see her. I needs to really crying. It is time to give her a proper burial and let her rest in peace.
Speaker 2: And another based class.
Speaker 1: Thank you sir, she I mean, okay for a moment, Ta Mayor. Really, I know Tamyr really did put her life on the line, like she didn't have a choice to go on this challenge. I brought her along for the ride, and she never wants complained, She never wants lifted.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the wig tape that I use. She never once lifted. She was really there ride or die.
Speaker 1: And then took her off after I had.
Speaker 3: To cause then, like you were saying, it was starting, I couldn't just have wet ketchup saying hanging in my head while the boys were doing their around it was and I remember thinking what am I going to do to her?
Speaker 1: And I asked the producers. I was like, well, what do I do with her?
Speaker 3: Because I can't you know, I because in the interviews, I had brought four wigs because I had watched the challenge beforehand, and I saw the damage they were doing in people's hair, and I was like, no, so I was like, I'm going to get four wigs, bring them along, and then that way I don't have to worry about really damaging my own hair. And I wore my own hair in the interviews, which is why it looks a mess and the color is not great, and the color why I had I just let that color grow out, just let.
Speaker 1: It go out, and then thought it show up on TV like really, like you know, and so yeah, she really.
Speaker 3: Though put her life on the line, and when I was deciding what to do with her, I was like, it's only fair to give her a burial. And what I love about that moment, Anisa is all the that we see, especially which we'll get more into it. You know, we're in episode seven. We're seeing the feud of Laurel and car Maria like start to take shape. Joy and Jordan, Johnny and Jordan for sure, Me and Teresa. Although what's weird about the Me and Teresa thing is after I voted her in, we'd had talks and I thought we were cool, which is why you see me cheering for her. Why you see us talking because we had squashed it, so she said, and so I believed. But if you watch interviews on her side. Apparently we had not squashed it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, you see Anissa and Laurel.
Speaker 3: But what you see at Tamara's funeral, it's proof that the Challengers can indeed come together for a serious cause because everyone participated a Nissa sang you guys the most beautiful song.
Speaker 1: She really did. She brought the house.
Speaker 3: I actually think Anissa brought tears out of people because Anissa sang a beautiful condition.
Speaker 1: Leroy was the creepy pastor, never funny. I hey, girl, don't don't worry. I know I can help you out. Like it was just Leroy if you don't know, I mean, he's funny and his sense of humor comes through on TV, which is really hard. But his shit, like he was, he's ten times funnier than that. Yes, so he could do a Netflix special hands down. Note he could hundred he could a hundred percent. I want to get into this episode because I hated it and then I loved it. Okay, what did you hate about it? Well, one thing I'm trying to understand. If this was a sausage party, why are we on a hamburger bun? And why didn't we have a top you know, that's actually a good point. That just make it make sense, okay, And we I felt like we were all around and I mean I just didn't feel sausage like. But any who, yeah, we get and it was funny because I remember I don't know if the girls felt like this when when Johnny wins Johnny Ridley for the guys, how we were like, Zach, you were there before him, and you should have got on the bun. Yeah, and we were we were questioning if Zach threw it so that Johnny could win. I do remember that. I do remember that. Yeah, And then we have Laurel winning, and I'm so hype because I'm like, I got on the bun because I'm so competitive. But then I'm like, shit, now I could be picked from now someone can vote me in, and if it's Laurel, it's definitely gonna be me or Teresa, but probably.
Speaker 3: Me, right, And I actually thought she was going to do Teresa, not you, Like I don't think I realized at that point. I knew you guys were getting into it, but like I thought, so weird headed out more for Teresa.
Speaker 1: Than there's a slight history. So we went on rivals one I do the first challenge with Robin, we kill it. I thought we won, but Jasmine and john A beat us in a jumping contest. Mm hmm. So we get second. Laurel on the bus right right in front of me, sitting in the seat in front of me, I think, or behind me, gets everyone to collectively vote us in against Paula and Evelyn, whether to take them out or not. I was like, I don't really can appreciate that, right. Well, Laurreal and I hung out outside of that, and I absolutely loved her. I adored her. She was so funny. She thought I was funny, like we just it was fun and it was crazy because I came on free Agents thinking I have a friend in Laurel. She's really good at these things. And I think I was also envious because she was so good at challenges. But you know that's also part of like my place is an elimination. So I never really tried that hard during challenges, like it didn't mean I mean I did, but it was different. And I always felt very small around her during daily so and even when I was on her team, so that was that was a me thing. But she can come off the wrong way sometimes and I think she could be misunderstood, so understand I think fairly enough. Like I tried to have that conversation with her, and I was just basically just stumbling over everything, trying to be like bitch, I thought we were cool, and I don't like how your coming after me when I haven't said anything about getting you out right, So that was my the bottom line, you know. And I wasn't trying to sell her anything because I play a pretty straightforward game where I really don't beg anybody who want who wins to not put me in because I expect to be put in. And you're an elimination queen, not that you ever want to go in, but like, right, you have no fear of eliminations because clearly I dominate. I don't I get anxious, sure, and I yeah, like eighteen times before it, but I am no, yeah, I'm no stranger to it.
Speaker 3: So it's a say but and you thrive. It's not even just you're no stranger. I mean, who's currently tied for the record of wins in eliminations you are. It's interesting hearing you say that too with context because that stuff that I'm sure our listeners didn't know, and I didn't even know. I knew you guys had hist like I knew you guys had done shows obviously together before that, but I didn't know you did one show together before.
Speaker 1: We get hung out on Long Island one time, and then like we had stayed in contact, and I just don't know what happened once we got on that show because we were cool and yeah, like, yeah, but I think after Rider dies, we have a better understanding of who we are as individuals and like how our friendship is so like I'm cool with her, I have no beef. She's she's a good competitor, she's strong, and yeah, now that I understand her better, like it's it's a completely different story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I it was interesting watching because in the house, I think I kind of didn't I didn't really know because I wasn't there for all their fights, right, so I kind of didn't know what to take between. It was just such a it was such a one to eighty between how close they were and then suddenly like they just couldn't stand each other.
Speaker 1: And oh, Karen Laurel, Yeah, cart Karen and Laurel.
Speaker 3: And watching it back, she did and that's and that you know was tough because she did and no one should be spoken to that way, and she couldn't apologize, And I totally understand Carr's point and being like you couldn't even say you were sorry, Like that's not cool. I also, on a different side, I operate in a pretty in some areas it pretty black and white, like pretty pragmatic, and I think Laurel does to a fault, which isn't great when you're talking relationships, friendships, that kind of thing, because emotions become involved.
Speaker 1: But Laurel is very much like one plus one.
Speaker 3: Is two, two plus two is for like just very and that and that, and so what I actually liked about her and what I connected with her over in the game and why I think she liked me, and I think she even said in one of these episodes is like I like Devin the way Devin plays the game.
Speaker 1: It's clearly not in the competitive sense, but in the sense that.
Speaker 3: True in the sense though that like I was, I'm straightforward, I'm black and white, like if I'm voting you, I'm telling you. If I'm not, I'm telling you what, Like I'm just gonna always be if I give you my word.
Speaker 1: You can take my word.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be pretty clear, and if anything does have to change, I'm going to tell you ahead of time, and I'm going to explain why, because obviously in this game, things change, they have to as people get eliminated.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to tell you why.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate it that about Laurel, and I think she appreciated that on the other side. But watching the deterioration between her and Kara and to know that it hasn't gotten better ever, is wild because I remember when it was happening, thinking like, oh, they'll come back, They'll they'll come back, and yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know that that was the end end of it. I think that the beginning helpful. That yes, it was helpful that Kara had some you know, Johnny had her back and Teresa to like, you know, gas her up a bit to be like, don't take that ship. I agree, because I don't know she would have done it had she not have a support system. I agree she definitely needed that.
Speaker 3: And speaking of gas and people up, and this, I mean another reason why this episode, this episode is iconic for so many No.
Speaker 1: I forgot about this idiotic movie, you know, as up. They played the ship out of Jordan's Okay, so.
Speaker 3: It's where you get to meet Tamara, which is iconic. She doesn't have her funeral yet, but you get to meet her. But you also this iconic moment between Bananas and Jordan.
Speaker 1: Hi, Jordan, you're up. Jordan has been talking about pulling all three.
Speaker 4: Cards all day.
Speaker 1: That's a bold move.
Speaker 2: But there's one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars on the line, and I would put it aside any amount of pride to win that money.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: He did it. It's going God wow.
Speaker 3: Now I would love to know from the listeners dm us messages, comment on Reddit, whatever tweet us. Is it the most boneheaded move of all time what Jordan did? Or is it the most one of the most iconic moves of all time?
Speaker 1: Anissa? Do you think Jordan flipping all the cards is iconic? But he saw that wall, so I don't know if it was strategic enough. I think he thought because he told me my strategy for the wall, so I think he thought he was going to nail that. I think you had to feel the wall first to know how hard you need to. Like anything can happen at any point. I think it was incredible. I don't think I think it was ballsy. I don't know how many other ways done that.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It's a mashup. No, it's a mashup. It's a it's it's bonconic, bonconic move. It was bonkonic. Anybody needed to know it was. It was both idiotic and and amazing. It was great to watch. It was horrible for his game to gamble on it because I would have just kept the fight going, right, I think iconic. I mean it was bonehead that he lost, and I of course, but if he would have won, Yeah, but I think it was bold, like I do think it was.
Speaker 3: I I respect the fact that he was bold enough to do it. I respect the fact that the producers put the kill card as number three just in case he did do it, so that way it was more dramatic and he had to flip all three for real.
Speaker 1: But he also you hear like CT being like, yeah, you totally should do it, as fucking fucking great idea. All this fucking kid's an idiot. Look at him. He's gonna fucking flip all the cars, you know, and like everybody's like do it. Yeah, of course they are course, and I mean the amount of hand comments. Yeah, I just I mean, I know Jordan can take a joke, so like, I'm sure none of the ship fazes him. But I'm like, Jesus, Oh, I mean, it was a different times were bad. It was a different times. We're definitely bad. That's I will say. Just to speed up all the way to the end of the podcast, I leave it in the past. Is all of that shit? Okay? Oh yeah, oh, hands down, I'm just letting you down. I agree, I agree. Okay, we need to take a quick break. Don't go anywhere. We will be right back after this. All right, So we get to this elimination.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, tonight you're playing Wrecking Wall and John, ay, you played this before, but I'll explain the game anyway. As you can see, there's a giant wall behind me with bells at the top of me. This game is gonna be played in two rounds, one for guys, one for girls. So I'm gonna line you up in front of your wall. When I say go, you're gonna punch it and kick some footholds and some handholes all the way up this wall. You reach the top and ring that bell. First person ring the bell will went to nice elimination round and stay in the game.
Speaker 3: Can I just I would like to give a shout out to God for letting Johnny pick the kill card, because she says specifically in her interview that she was leaning towards the third card, but then at the last minute something in her spirit said pick number two, and she picked you and that was the kill card.
Speaker 1: I'd like to thank that spirit because I was like, my little sister, I know her, I love john Ay. I just didn't want to do it. It was just it was that was a hard one because I didn't want to go against her and she had already done it. I would have had I would rather you been in there, Uh bye, bitch, But I wasn't mean you would have been saying bye exactly, which is why you would have been like, oh my god, not these elbows. Absolutely, I'd be like, I got a scratch, no man, no, ma'am. I heard a bitch. I heard I have a bunion. Because of that that one really from that I kicked into it and EMER was like, keep wiggling a toe, and I'm like, okay, because I couldn't feel it because I kicked through it and it jammed in my big toe. Oh my god. And then the thing over here was just bulbous. It doesn't hurt as much now, but I wasn't happy about it. Yeah, see, and.
Speaker 3: That's why I would have That's why that's the ship that we do. I know I lost the Tonah once from the final, but that's all.
Speaker 1: My god, I lost toenails too. It's not fun. It's definitely not fun on the last one.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so no, I'm glad it was Johnny not me, but I love Johnny. Uh and you dominated as you do. What were you feel so when john A came up you said you were sad? So were you secretly hoping? Because I also saw you shit talking with Teresa a little bit about me.
Speaker 1: We saw that scene. What did I say? You did? You just didn't refute. You didn't actually say anything bad. You just didn't refute anything. She said, Oh well, then shut your mouth. I had nothing to say. Everyone gets so upset when I don't have somebody to say. All I do is talk like just I need a break. Sometimes. If she had something to say, it doesn't mean I agree with it. I may have felt indifferent and had nothing to say. Yeah, I mean, oh, she said I like backstabbed her big time, which honestly I can see why she felt that way, but I yeah, but I had that had nothing to do with me, So I was just like, you're like, yeah, girl, talkya shit. Yeah. Well we were really her and I were really close. Well, she and I were too. I even wrote her a letter at the end in she lives like my chiso. Yeah, but she was my roommate. Here's my roommate. We used to do facial stuff. She's my romate for We used to put on all our facial creams.
Speaker 3: And then I went to the boys room, which is why if you guys ever see Bananas talking in his bed and you see like a pink blanket cutting into frames, because I had a pink snuggie with me, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Walking on his back. And the credits, we were talking about the last time CT win the elimination, where we could talk about that on the next episode. Oh the good times.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we see Jordan pull every card iconic literally makes this episode iconic. In my opinion, he doesn't win, which I actually feel like he didn't need to win this Seaton like he needed a little bit of humble pie, although I don't know that that fully humbled onim, maybe two percent. It's also interesting did you catch that he said he wanted Lord and again you guys were still talking about episode seven, but he said he wished Laurel would have told him not to do it, which I thought was really interesting. Like he's going around the house, I'm going to I'm gonna do blah blah. But then an interview he's like, I want Laurel to say, don't do it. But Laurel's of course, Laurel's not gonna say that, becau. Laurel's pragmatic, so she's gonna be like, well, if you said you're gonna do it, go ahead and do right.
Speaker 1: But then she was extremely extremely emotional. Yeah, more emotional about him than Kara. Yes, but that happens with romantic feelings sometimes, Like I mean, not of course, not to Negate like best friend and close friendships. But you know, we've all cried over that love interest or whatever that we've known for a fraction of the time than whomever. I'm like, Bye, I'm just kidding. I definitely cried. Yeah, I really didn't have that many, and the ones that y'all will know about, I certainly didn't cry.
Speaker 3: Let's move into episode eight, so Laurel encourages him to do it. Jordan's upset, Laurels encouraged you to do it. Now, let's move to what is one of my favorite dailies. I know you loved it to Anissa, we were on two different teams. It was called hold that Pose.
Speaker 2: As you can see, there are two giant rooms with twenty eight straps, seven different colors, one free inch player. When I said, go, you gotta hold on to a certain color and all of your color, your feet and your hands, try and hold out poles for one minute.
Speaker 3: So I remember getting picked for the teams for this, and I remember it was actually a really beautiful day.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the beach that day?
Speaker 3: And we like had like lunch at this little Hamburger spot or something like that that was not that far from the beach. It was such a beauty, just really pretty day, and I was excited to be team captain, but also a little nervous because it's like if things go to shit, sometimes the team captain gets kind of like we saw in episode one, right, like check kind of got some of the blame or whatever for being a team captain and like losing.
Speaker 1: So a little bit of pressure there. But you know, our our team it did. It just works well, I would say, Anissa. The disadvantage for you guys was definitely like Laurel's energy set it off in a negative way. Yeah, right, don't you feel that? Like?
Speaker 3: And then she was like, I don't know if my energy affected things. I don't really know, but she just seemed really critical.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling in that moment? Yeah? I was like, there's no way we go win this shit. I was like, this is the most negative negative another SNM situation, this BDSM trap where we're all just hooked up into this thing suspended in the air. I would have expected you to the body stretched, huh. I would have expected you to thrive in that environment. I don't even know. I was probably fine. I just don't know where the rest of the team. Our team was on like seventeen different pages. Yeah, it was weird. It was like, you guys are trying to get everyone sir cohesiveness in their little spot and yeah, and it's also true, yeah, but CT is a magician. I was looking at his feet waiting for him to touch I mean, is.
Speaker 3: A magician, but I meant our placement, like we did do it so much faster right than team too. And it was because everybody divided into little mini teams to help get people.
Speaker 1: Let's y'all did it better, okay, and then you guys won, which put us in a bad, bad, bad way, and then after you won, you voted me in. Okay, we're gonna get to that part, but can we give a shout out to CET's feet because seriously, crouching cts ads and arms and the way that he could balance it was crouching tiger hit and yoda, yes, yoga, yoga yoda. I think whatever it was, it was, it was magnificent, it really and you we could talk about your crush on him too. We already went into the the crush is gone by this point. The crush happened. We left on the back of the bus. Girl. But they go into it.
Speaker 3: I know, they go into it with the like editing episode, but that's but it had already. They were late like that that ship that bus had already sailed with me still not.
Speaker 1: A bus sailing. That bus already sailed it did.
Speaker 3: It did because our bus was sailing. Our bus was saying it's gonna go over water and stuff. But anyway, the crush actually this early in the season, they're just now leaning into it.
Speaker 1: But that and look, Seet's a beautiful man. That didn't change. It didn't change now like that. I never but I but the crush part where it was actually like, ooh, could it be that headlong long gone? Well after this fabulous, this fabulous win for you, the guys are like, you know what Preston needs to go in. He's yeah, which just sliding through.
Speaker 2: Now it's time to start with a guy's name car Maria.
Speaker 1: I think it's time for Preston. Unfortunately, my roommate I finally.
Speaker 2: Got picked first. All right, Cet, I'm gonna follow a suit to pick Preston.
Speaker 1: Preston. I love you, my orymate, but my vote is for you, all right, zach On, My vote for you, My vote is for you, Prestling.
Speaker 2: And Devin.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to vote.
Speaker 4: For you, Preston.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it was just that because I feel like, as a viewer watching it back, we see Preston get underestimated all season, picked last all season, actually show up and show out. For those who don't know what that means, that's a good thing. Show up and show out. In a couple of the episodes, a couple of the dailies, like he was the saving grace. He did a really great job.
Speaker 3: And so it might look a little disjointed as to like, why are they picking on Preston now?
Speaker 1: And there was some of that.
Speaker 3: However, Preston had like his energy had shifted at this point in the house also, and I don't know if you remember Nini, but he started kind of becoming difficult, like just in the house, difficult with production, difficult on our days off. Even at Tamara's funeral, Preston was the only one in the house that didn't partake. Now, mind you, no one was required to, it wasn't, but everybody was kind of like, what else are we gonna do? We don't have TV, we can't go anywhere else, Like everybody you know, played along, had fun. There was nothing else to do that day, and he intentionally did not, which is okay, but he just really kind of started becoming like pushing back against kind of everything in the house, it felt like, So I think that that also contributed. They don't show that in the episodes, but that contributed to this sort of about face that we see where people are like, all right, like let's just get rid of Preston. And it sucked because Preston is so much fun and sexual, wonderful energy, and I think maybe he just got fed up with being Look it happens, but he definitely just got to a place where he would if we had food.
Speaker 1: He'd complain about the food, he'd can play.
Speaker 3: He just really was like over and so people, you know, the same negative energy that Laurel brought on that daily, it affects all of those around. I think that it had a little bit of an impact on Preston being voted in, as well as far as voting in Anissa and he said, I'm sorry, I'm gonna just say it now, but.
Speaker 1: I had I didn't even see They don't even show like the deliberation or yeah, because I don't really remember. Zach and I were really close. Yeah, you and I were, So I'm like, why don't you all get Teresa back or voting law. I don't even know why I didn't throw the vote or like not throw it, but you know what I mean. Like, do a vote. I really don't. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Let's get started with the girls.
Speaker 1: Devin, I have to vote for you and Lissa. Okay, I'm gonna have to vote in Anissa. Love this person, but Anissa.
Speaker 2: All right, Zach, there's no doubt in my mind that you're gonna kill it.
Speaker 1: So Anissa, I'm gonna go with my team vote Anissa. I'm gonna follow suit Pickisa. Anissa. I'm sorry I have to put you in.
Speaker 2: Anissa, come on up.
Speaker 1: I was more mad at Zach. Yeah, I can see this, like going into that and then Cet. I'm like this some bulship.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was surprised Set went with it too. I really truly still don't. I don't know why Nanni just had it any time on I could vote for me, she did.
Speaker 3: Which is also weird. I don't know in those moments, like I don't, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: I think, well, Nanny and I talked about it. I think she never could trust me, like she didn't know, like we weren't really I don't think we really were like the friends that we are now until uh rder dies right right right. I mean we were friends through other things and we've definitely been through it, but.
Speaker 3: Like you know, yeah, I would say if I could remember anything, which I don't remember that much, I would say it was probably that on my end in voting for you too, just in the sense that because you and I were chill, but we never had a definitive like hey, I covered you once you covered.
Speaker 1: Me, and I don't even need I mean, I'm fined Snaplus I'm probably never compete again.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, like I don't I because I was trying to the next time you go on watching this episode as we want, I literally thought we had like put in Teresa, like I kid you not Like I was shocked watching it back, I was like, oh, dang.
Speaker 1: They don't show the deliberation, which I wish they would have done that, but maybe my feelings that have been more hurt. So I don't really care. Yeah, I don't remember it, but we all if you don't.
Speaker 4: But so you.
Speaker 1: Versus Laurel show everyone wanted it's talk to the girls. Oh well, no, let us.
Speaker 4: I would say, this is my first real elimination. This is probably the first big competitor that I'm going again. My strategy is to not fall and to hit Anissa as hard as I possibly can.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of built up anger. I'm just gonna run into it and take her out, like I want her on her back, and then I want to run over her and rang my bell and then I want her to get up and be scared, and then I want to do it again. That's why I want to do what I'm mad about. Yeah, tell me is on the first round of Oppenheimer, they had to run the tapes back and watch them for like five minutes because we got there at the same time. Laurel's just four inches taller than me, Yeah, which I think was definitely an advantage totally because.
Speaker 3: She was leaping when you saw her jump too, she did these leaps and because she had the longer legs, she was able to really like frog leap about in inch and a half further than you could, and therefore.
Speaker 1: That was like a millisecond of a difference on the first one. Yeah, and that just like it's disheartening. And I think on the second one, like I was right handed, so it was definitely easier to run kind of that way, and the impact wasn't and she couldn't even give me credit. Oh yeah, yeah, wait, what did she say she was like I hit her, or she's bigger, like I a hitter is hard, or like, yeah, I guess I didn't think that. Maybe I thought I was stronger than I was, or like I just or she was bigger. I'm like, you barred my shorts every day. We were the same size.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was That was definitely a snarky as AnyWho. But she was just a really snarky thing, which I will say.
Speaker 1: What I liked. A note that I wrote about some of these episodes is I liked the overall sportsmanship, like in so many of them.
Speaker 3: You see, uh, even with and Jordan's Yeah, well Johnny and Jordan I don't know if I use that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they still shook hands. Yeah, but yeah, you see a certain and Laurel, you know, the sportsman that was, I mean, whatever it was, it was, was was not as she She wasn't a humble winner. We were younger. We were younger and dumb a lot of things. Yeah, okay, look we're about to take it with break, but don't go anywhere because y'all know we're getting right back into it right after this. I also want to point out that the producers had you and Laurel looking like bottles of ketchup and mustard in this nomination. I don't know why those are the jersey colors that were chosen, but you did look like Ketsham and Mercer also want to shout out ketch also want to shout out TJ saying that Banana's aeny meeni miney mos stupid when Bananas went to pick the kill cards and he was like eenie meani mini, and TJ was like, that was so stupid. I know, I loved to TJ didn't give a ship I love. I love TJ.
Speaker 3: I also want to point out the hypocrisy that is Teresa. So now I have said earlier on and look it's gonna some people like to say that I harp on things.
Speaker 1: I don't harp on things. We literally get paid to point out threads and stories and themes and our opinions and all that stuff. So that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: But I want to point out, uh so earlier in the season, when the whole uh Teresa voting Teresa thing Laurel's kill list, you know that whole thing U went down, and because I felt betrayed because Teresa rallied everyone to vote for Laurel, and I only voted for Laurel and Noto's had an issue with her, but simply because I wanted to support my friend, but even though I knew it, putting a target in my back, only for my friend to then not make that vote, which that means.
Speaker 1: There's a target on my back and not hers.
Speaker 3: What was ironic is that in this episode fast forward, Teresa says in her confessional that no in her confession or she actually may say it to you, Anissa, but she says, no one wants to deal with Laurel. Like basically, everyone's afraid to vote for Laurel because they don't do their Yet Teresa.
Speaker 1: Literally did the same exact thing earlier in the season.
Speaker 3: And left a whole bunch of people out to dry hints why people turned on her myself included because she literally did that, was the leader of that, and then went back.
Speaker 1: And then Teresa has not she has a good idea, she does, and I think that she's a great athlete. I think I can tie her. What could tie her up is not thinking like three steps ahead of that idea. Here's the idea, we vote her if it does not go this way and I do back out, what are the repercussions? Okay, Devin doesn't trust me. I look like a fucking snake. Laurel's gonna come after me. Who is Laurel attached to? Those people are gonna then Jordan's going to, and then Johnny's going to because Johnny Riley is close to Jordan's right, and Johnny's close with Zach, so they may it all side with la So it's all of those things, right, and not seeing that large web that is, you know, political friendship whatever, like, you have to be a couple steps ahead of yourself. And the one person that I can that's a master of this is cam of knowing like exactly where to drop the bombs, where to sprinkle crumbs, how to back out of something, how to go right into it, defend it, whether she made it up or not. And that's it. So I think that to Lisa has good ideas, yeah, and good gameplay. That's a really good way to explain it. I think it's just not thinking ahead enough to execute if if all goes wrong? Yeah, you know, what is the backup plan? And how do I redeem myself? Yeah? Yeah, that's actually a. Really, that's an excellent way to put it. Yeah, she be getting ship and like she just skated by and like didn't get voted in and like all these other things. And I'm glad I didn't have to go against Teresa because I was gonna go in and do the same way I went with Laurel. Yeah, there was no you know, and we talked about that, but I also really cared about Teresa and as her being my closest friend in the house and also only having each other. It was it was just I was happy that she got to stay and play for us, even though I don't think she was really thinking of me. After I left, and she said she was glad that she would that it was you and not her. Well, listen, if she went in and I stayed there, I'm glad it was her or not me. Like, let's be realistic about it. I would be sad if my friend left, but I'm happy if you go in over me. That's fair.
Speaker 3: But there's a difference between the glee of a friend going in and the realization of a friend going in in my.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get it, and I've gone against my best friend, and I was in tears before yeah even left the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like a difference between wood. We stayed there with each other, like just yeah in our room.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there is a I mean, you get what I'm saying. Like if it was me and you now and you went in, yeah, sure, I'm glad it's not me because you already know elbow scratch and you vote to me. But like that before we were besties. But but I wouldn't take glee Sea. I didn't get invited to the wedding, so like, let's just not I brought I did prett bestie. I can't eat cookies, pre bestie. We'll see if you can't eat the cookies, that's what. If you were't going to eat the cookies, that what? Oh shut up what? I ate everything else on the menu. I know it's good except salmon. And so you had we talked about the salmon, that's fine. They would have been let us sleep somewhere with my name on it.
Speaker 3: So also I wanted to shout out Khuda's one, like there are so many good interviewers this season, like there are so many good talking heads. Kahua is hilarious and his analogies of bullfrogs and like the political statement though for me, Oh, then I'm gonna have to move to a blue state and.
Speaker 1: I cannot.
Speaker 3: And it was it's so funny, and he was and then he just made a face. He was like, oh, oh, Nanny, I mean I love.
Speaker 1: Stories. Yes he was. He he was a charmer, a little bag of charms, he really was. And he played guitar and that I thought he was just the most some whole thing. He was so great.
Speaker 3: And I feel for Nannie. It's cool to see how far she's come in her relationships. I feel for her when they did the flashback of all the bad relationships she's been in and just some of those things that are clearly traumatic, Like no one should go through that, and I do think, you know, honestly, obviously Nanni was going through a lot and trying to navigate all that. But I'm so happy she's with someone who seems really care about her and treat her well and support her like I love. I'm so happy that Nanni and Casey found each other. Yeah, just so so thrilled, especially when we got to see kind of where what she came from. All Right, So, Anissa, let's talk about our favorite moments from the episode, all right, like our highlights and then what we want to leave in the past.
Speaker 1: You go first. It really is Zach for me, screaming and like get me out of here, not knowing that he's like two hundred and fifteen pounds and could rip this. It was just a ran wrap. That was it for me. I was crying. I'm like, he doesn't relax. It was so good. It was so so dramatic. It really was. It really was, And leave that in the past. Synthetic wigs. Don't talk about Tamara like that. Absolutely, Okay, I wore them mild everyone listening to this. To my halfwigs, I'd buy him in a bed. Tamara did nothing, plastic bag. They all had different names to deserve her face a man. For Anissa to come in and make that comment.
Speaker 3: See, you know what, that's why Ninia, I could invite you to the wedding because my spirit wouldn't let it happen because I knew you didn't really love.
Speaker 1: I was gonna love aathetic wig. I did see that.
Speaker 3: Someone asked if I had an in memoriam reserved seat at the wedding for Tamara.
Speaker 1: I did not. At the ceremony, but she was very much in my heart. I carried her with me all the way and there was a little strand of the weave attached to my bouquet. No, the throwback moment of the episode will have to be Tamar's funeral. I will that was an iconic moment, not just because we celebrated a really great wig, but because I love the whole house coming together in that moment.
Speaker 3: Miyas pressing, we don't it minus pressing. We don't get to see that often and certainly not nowadays, and so it was really cool that we have that we all have that moment together.
Speaker 1: Might leave that in the past. I'm with you, Aissa. The comments that were made around people that are different and different abilities and all that like just not cool. It was a different time. But to know better is to do better. We know better. There will be none of that. H I mean, we didn't say shit, so yeah, I didn't say it, but still I think I said one thing where I was like, ooh, I don't know if you say that. Yeah, yeah, well not even I don't even know. But I'm like, damn, I said, I mean shit was funny though, yeah, we It's not like Keeddy Murphy you know what I mean. He probably wouldn't have a career right now, but he was really funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but overall this is one of my favorite episodes. Seven and eight are two of my favorite episodes, not only of the season, but I think my challenge all the time. I mean, I can understand that because Ani's got kicked out, that's not why it's my favorite.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't for lack of effort, That's true. You mean a lot of effort.
Speaker 3: So good now for those who are enjoying following along with you, Anissan, where you are now after you had that defeat from Laurel, but now you've risen from the ashes and accomplished so much.
Speaker 1: Exactly so you're even Where can they find you if they'd like to follow along with your life? Well, I'm only on Instagram. However, I did make it over to Twitter via link, but I still am not on there. So if you're adding me talking shit guests who can only see it you and a bunch of other people, but not me, I'm over at Instagram. Anissa, MTV that's a n E s A MTV DM me a question. There are some questions in my dms that I have to get to at some point, and I'm so sorry. We definitely need to open up like a listener question Sagan.
Speaker 3: Again incoming episode. Yeah, we definitely will do that. I'm gonna have to go in there same here. You can find me on You can go to my website devinsmone dot com. That's Dene with y Simone with an i dot com and you'll see my socials at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Or you can go to Instagram. It's probably where I'm most active. If you'd like to see a couple wedding. I'm actually just gonna warn you I'm spamming with wedding content right now. Apologize kind of sort of but not. It'll go back to normal, I promise, But I spent so many hours day. Thank you, it's your day, thank you. Oh thanks Nini. So there's a lot of wedding content currently on my Instagram. That's Den with weysmoth, and I also on TikTok Den with Ysmoeth and I'm Amazon. Follow me on Amazon. Some fun stuff is coming up. You can actually just.
Speaker 3: Google Amazon dot com, Devin Simone or something. It's called Demonsbones, give closet, hit the follow button. Some lives are coming up for those who are fans of Natalie Negrotty. We actually do quite a bit of stuff together as well on Amazon, so you can check that out. So hit the follow button, and if you like this episode, rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts. Tell a friend in your reviews, you guys, put some of those comments or questions and things. We see it, producer sees it, and then we can give you some shout outs and start incorporating that back into the podcast because we genuinely care. We love that you love listening along with us, and we really appreciate you being here.
Speaker 1: I agree. Sorry, my mother's texted me all this shit about whatever. Sorry I got stressed out and distracted. But you can watch the Challenge free agents along with us right now for free. Go to Powermount plus dot com and use code challenge pot to try one month free terms apply and then Anissa and I will see you back here next week for a brand new episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. See uh