Speaker 1: The volume. Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 2: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boost Mobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boosmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by colar Guard, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 2: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer deaths. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk, you begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with coli Guard tests. The cold Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures, Plus colon Guard test is affordable. Most insured patients pay zero dollars and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive colon guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of older and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the coli Guard test. You can also request a coli guard prescription today at coli guard dot com slash podcast. The colon Guard test is intended to screen the DOLSE forty five and order at average risk for col director cancer. Do not use COVID guard tests if you have half athenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of col erectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies. High risk patients color Guard tests and adults forty five to forty nine if estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older, false positive and false negatives cantcurve.
Speaker 1: Colordgard is available by prescription only.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap brought to you by Boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot Com to join their nationwide five G network. Today, y'all know me, I'm your favorite up Shannon Shark, the Liberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Honoree, the Pro Bowl, the All Pro Chad o Cho, Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We thank you sincerely for your continued blessings by following us, listening to us, watching us, because without you, there could be no us, So we greatly greatly appreciate you'll continue support.
Speaker 1: Make sure you check out Shape by lapoor Tia. We have it in stop.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five is off to a great year for some of us, most of us, if not all of us. What better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Shape by Laportier. Now, if you cannot find it in a city or state near you, we're coming. We just got distribution in Illinois, Florida, Maryland, Arizona, New Mexico, South Carolina. We're gonna visit Georgia again, Atlanta, and Savannah. But if you can't find it in a city or state near you. Order it online, we'll shipping directly to your door, and please drink responsible and stay safe. Also follow my media company on all of his platforms, Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. Last week we dropped Nightcap and Chill collection as well as our Super Bowl shirts, hats and bundle that dropped today.
Speaker 4: The link is pinned at the top of the chat.
Speaker 2: All the items I have a restock, so everything should be back in stock right now. Supplies are limited, so please make sure you get yours before they're gone. We have Eagles linebacker joining us later in the show, Nikobe Dean can't wait the Super Bowl winning. Although he got nicked and was on a were to play, but he had a phenomenal season and I expect to see him in the Pro Bowl in the very near future.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, O Joe.
Speaker 5: Now, I just want to tell you before we start the show, I have some good news that I wanted to share with you, but I want you. I want you to finish an introduction first so you can complete that task before I tell the chat about my good news and why I've extended my stay.
Speaker 1: Here in the Bahamas. But go ahead and you finish. We'll go ahead, were done? You sure? Okay?
Speaker 5: Well, well, my Nightcap team, unk and everybody that is listening, including the chat as well. I just want to let everyone know that I've extended my staying in Bahamas and I will be here for the foresee future. I just got two extra jobs down here in the Bahamas. I got one in Bahamas. Don't laugh now, don't laugh, because this is some great time for me. It's a good time for me to build my resume and my portfolio down here in the Caribbean. So I got a part time job here at Bahama. I like to thank my team here in the Bahamas for that. Also, I work at Goldies on the weekends. I'll be at Goldies on the weekends at Fresh Fry. For those of you that don't know about Frish Fry. Please, if at any time you're traveling anytime from now until I start my Nightcap tour, please visit me a either at Babar or at Goldies at Frish Fry.
Speaker 4: And also.
Speaker 5: It's come to my attention as well as a junken new group by the name of the Valley Boys. I would be the one leading the head and getting them the join forces once again, and getting both governing parties to agree to come back together so we can we can own Bay Street once again. You don't know much about Junken now, but I will I will teach you who the Valley Boys are. And right now they have say they split up. They split up. It's not a good thing to be like Sterling and Shannon Sharp not being one. You know, I'm trying to explain it to an ANALYSI in which you would understand.
Speaker 1: So the group itself has split up, but I'm I'm gonna be the one to lead.
Speaker 5: The two government parties parties and getting them to sit down because when it comes time with jun Canoe and Boxing Day which is around Christmas and obviously New Year's in order for us to win and get back to our winning ways, we need to be one once again.
Speaker 1: So I look forward to that.
Speaker 5: And uh that's the mission number and why extended my stay in the Bahamas, and I will be I will be here for for for seable future. So if anyone needs to reach me, you know where I'll be at. What's I would look?
Speaker 1: I'm a dog.
Speaker 2: You know you made it made a ut a.
Speaker 4: Early start to night. I ain't wait, I ain't waiting around.
Speaker 1: Over here till you look to you right, look to your right, homie. There you go, there go, there go, there you go. Yeah, Hey, we're gonna have a show. It's gonna be just me and you give me. Yeah, it's me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my doll got my homie. Anyway, that's my that's my good news. That's to share that with you.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, o Joe.
Speaker 2: The Sixers just upper the thirty two went home lost to the Bulls. They once with five minutes and sixteen seconds left in the ball game. They trailed by fifty points, one thirty six to eighty six. After the game, head coach Nick Nurse just said, the overall vibe was really poor from the start. Just didn't seem to be a lot of energy or life vibe tonight from our guys. Oh, jo, of fifty down by as many as fifty, you end up losing by.
Speaker 4: Thirty two one one forty two to one ten.
Speaker 2: Chicago scored thirty nine in the first quarter, thirty six, so they had seventy five and a half. They had one fifteen through three quarters, and then they cruised home with twenty seven points uh in the fourth so one forty two to one. TENU Paul George had nineteen uh Yaasue Lee had zero points, Maxi had thirteen, Oubrean had nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was bad. I'm blaming I'm gona believing I'm I'm blaming on you though, Uh with that, i'm'a blaming on you.
Speaker 5: I'm the vo the voodoo, the voodoo you put on them last night the wood you listen. I spoke highly of the sixers, you know, and trying to find a solution for the problem that is in bed and miss ailing and knee But you win.
Speaker 1: You went out, you win and on them, you know. And and the fact that.
Speaker 5: You went on them the way you did is the reason why they played the way they played the night, and that's why the result is what it was. That's why they were trailing by fifty points. I think if you if you see, the tongue is very powerful.
Speaker 1: That's what you have to understand. The tongue is very very powerful.
Speaker 5: Time you say anything in a negative manner about a sports team in its entirety, that team itself doesn't play well.
Speaker 1: And that's why the Sixers looked the way they did.
Speaker 4: Did they did they hear me? Did they know I said that last night?
Speaker 1: They did because every last player, every last player that plays for the Sixers saw Nightcap last night, because two of them reached out to me.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is, O Joe, Look, I'm shutting and beat down. They're not going anywhere this year, and all you doing is the lay in the inevitable, which is Joe beat is probably gonna have to have surgery and he's gonna have to need time to recover.
Speaker 1: Why not speed the process up?
Speaker 2: Why not have him have the surgery now he can start the recovery sooner as opposed to have him hobbling, mess up something, excuse me, mess up something worse than what it is, or mess up something on the other side, have another injury that you'll have to address.
Speaker 4: I'm shutting him down. We're not going anywhere, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: They've played fifty seven games, they got twenty five games to go. Unless they're playing on going twenty five and zero, they're not making the playoffs, right, and forty five and thirty seven might not make the playoffs. So with that being said, it's best to shut him down. Chalk this up to they they're gonna have to make some tough decisions. They got Paul George, who has another guy from four Basically he's gonna pick up that fourth year option. Yes, so he got three years left. Jorlan b got four years left at probably two hundred and forty million dollars. Those contract. I mean, hey, you're probably stuck for a minute, because if you're a team you trained for Joel ANDB with those issues, he's gonna miss four hundred and fifty games since his career started. He's gonna miss more games than he's actually played and pick up the contract about two hundred and forty million.
Speaker 1: I have a question, you know, stephen A.
Speaker 2: And I was discussing it to stephen A said, you know, when Paul George really didn't want to leave Clippers, you know, he didn't want to be in Philly. There's no crowd on the yacht. Paul George got four years over two hundred million dollars. No, I'm not trying to hear that. Come on, now, come on, now, you think you that you just snuck that one in there. You thought I won't wanna hear that. Now, there's no way, there's no crime.
Speaker 1: Who is my gout pad.
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 1: I ain't never I ain't never heard that one, but let me write that down.
Speaker 5: I said, it's right here. I got my pitting pair right here. There's no crime on the yard. I'd be sure to use that in my next argument.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, uh huh, I don't look MAXI right now, you got a guy. I mean, you're gonna probably try to move one of them. Paul, Georgia, Joel and Bid.
Speaker 1: I know what's one to go. I know which one needs to go.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it needs to go, but based on listen, things aren't working out obviously in Philly. I know where he can go because there's NBA that needs to be right now, and I know an environment. I know an environment where he can go to and he can excel now even with the problems that he's having, if he's able to be traded. Uh, let's say in the off season while he's rehabing, I know a great place he can go.
Speaker 1: You know where right down there in l.
Speaker 2: A right down you're about to about to play Luca, You about to play You're about to play Peyton Luca. Now, Luca probably side a two year deal. That way he can come back to the table and get the max in two years. So he's not gonna pay that. He's not gonna sign anything really really long, like no four or five year deal. And I and and I say, everybody understands that. But not worth it. Yeah, I mean, you traded Anthony Davis who had an injury history prior to the last two years. Why would you take a guy with a known If you think Anthony Davis is miss games, it ain't even close to what Joel and Joel Embiid. I mean, compared to Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis is a c green right If you don't he played like eleven hundred games straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that's not nice. That's not nice. That's not nice.
Speaker 2: I mean the chat chat know the chat. No, I'm telling the truth, and that's what it is. Joe, you gonna have to roll the dice. You gonna have to roll the dice for Joel and b they got You would have to believe they got.
Speaker 1: To pay Sea loan mm hmm. But they're gonna have to listen.
Speaker 5: You take a chance, You take a chance understanding what what you do get When he is on the court, and when he's healthy or when he's semi healthy, when is that They They had the resources, they have the technology, you know, allow the listen if philing does what they need to do and do right by Embeid allow him to sit out Austin comes they traded in l A.
Speaker 1: He gets he's a rehab.
Speaker 5: See, it's the best stops that they have in l A for his knee getting back right.
Speaker 1: Lebron has the right people that I'm sure he can.
Speaker 5: He can help in a point to embedd so he can get back to where he needs to, where he can be adopted the dominant center that he is. I think it would be a great look for the Lakers. Now correct me if I'm wrong. Despite his injury history, despite.
Speaker 1: That's the issue.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's like you said, Man, this is a great car despite it not cranking.
Speaker 1: But once a week, it's a pretty good car. That's the issue. But I know what happened when I when I get that, when I get that joke, that joker cranked up. I know, I know.
Speaker 2: But what happened when you got to be somewhere and it doesn't crank like the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Remember last year, how you look, and that's the thing, Ocher.
Speaker 2: You talk about a guy that's gonna miss four hundred and fifty games, he would have missed more games than he played.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, somebody's gonna probably roll the dice. But the sixth is gonna have to take. I mean, the sixth is gonna have to like basically pay somebody with draft picks to take them off their hands. Says a lot of money over the next four years. O job, right.
Speaker 5: But yes, this is what I'm This's what I'm trying to do. I see the problem. I see the problem. Everybody talks about the problem. I'm just the one trying to find a solution. The solution that I just came up with. I mean, it sounds right to me. And it's a chance that a team is gonna have to take.
Speaker 1: They're gonna you're gonna have.
Speaker 4: To take it.
Speaker 1: What what you gonna do? What's gonna do?
Speaker 5: Oh, they're gonna keep talking, circling back to the same conversation every single year.
Speaker 1: Somebody has to take a chance on him. And I have a feeling.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling.
Speaker 5: I have an inclination that if he gets outside of the atmosphere and Philly, something's going to be different.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it may be. He just might need to change the scenery. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like when Greg Odin got outside of you got outside of Portland, his knees were bad.
Speaker 4: It didn't matter where you go.
Speaker 2: Unless he goes to the moon where that has no gravitational pull, he's gonna be It's gonna be an issue. The problem is Darryn Murray gave him a contract when he didn't have to. He extended him when he didn't have to think about oh Joe. He had two years left. The man limped into the playoffs. He was limping, and instead of requiring him to take time off and getting the knee fixed, they let him go to the Olympics. He came back from the Olympics. He was in worship that he was then when he left. So now I'm paying you. Unless the Olympics or the USC the USOC, the men's basketball team was paying joining B would not have played in that game because his obligation is to the seventy sixers organization, because that's who's paying your salary. So this notion that oh I understand joining the be because America has done so much for he and his family, and it's given him generational wealth for as long as as long as this kid's kid's kids. Yes, sir, but no, Ojo. They saw him injured last year. At some point in time, I've got to put my foot down. You make the best decision for your kids, even though they think they know best. No, I'm gonna make this decision. The seventy sixes should have made the decision. Unfortunately, Joel embiid, We're not gonna be able to allow you to play, because what have they gotten to Ojo.
Speaker 4: This year is gone. This year is wasted, gone. Yeah, they ain't getting this back.
Speaker 2: And guess what next year, Ojo, he'll be a year older with another surgery on that knee.
Speaker 1: Listen, I tried it.
Speaker 5: I just thought I thought about the best scenario. Obviously, the chat doesn't like it.
Speaker 1: You don't like it.
Speaker 5: Probably other people that are NBA advocates and enthusiasts of the game of basketball, they probably don't like it either. But I just know, you know, from from my knowledge of watching and b play when he's on the court, I know what you get. I remember, remember I was court sided. Remember I was courtside for the one thing game. Do you remember what we scored football. I've seen it with my own eyes in person. Unbelievable in the post mid range, putting the ball on the floor three points. I've seen him imb near the game now. It is the only my first and only seventy six game I've been to, which is why I'm advocating for him, you know. But obviously those with a little bit more knowledge of the game, especially you, and especially those in the chat. You know, I understand, I understand that the injury history, but sometimes a change of synegril do wonders sometimes, you know.
Speaker 2: No, that's it for an attitude. That's with attitude. They with the injury history.
Speaker 1: But we'll see.
Speaker 2: Zion Williamson has reportedly made major stride in losing weight in recent months. He's currently weighing two hundred and sixty four pounds, which is the lightest he's weighed since the team drafted him in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: How much you listed at two eighty four?
Speaker 1: Huh? How much do you say you weigh to sixty four? Okay, that's good. Way he get down, that's a good win.
Speaker 2: He's listed on at two eighty four at NBA dot Com, meaning he's dropped significant amount of weight since the start of the season. He signed a five year, one hundred and ninety seven million dollar extension that he signed with the New Orleans and twenty twenty comes with a handful of stipulations to protect the team from injury, struggles, or failure to maintain his weight. One such condition says that Zion must keep his combined weight and body fat percentage below two ninety five and guaranteed twenty percent, or to guarantee twenty percent of his salary for the next season.
Speaker 4: So that's the Khio Joe.
Speaker 1: So they got they got weight incentives on the salary. Yeah, they got weight clauses bread right Hey. I kind of like that.
Speaker 5: I kind of like that because if you have someone that's young, if you have someone that's young and he's struggling, you understand him dynamic and how great he is when he's on the court.
Speaker 1: He hasn't been on the court.
Speaker 5: Who has a problem with his weight, Who has a problem with injuries because of the way he's carrying, Who has bunnies, you know, bunnies is hops.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to make sure you know what it is who has bunnies the way he is and having to bounce and pound the way he does. He's better suited at a much smaller weight than what he carries. So I like the cause that they have in this contract forcing him to stay under.
Speaker 1: You want this money, young fella.
Speaker 5: I'm giving you in incentive to keep you weight down to a refeel you can play your best.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: I can motivate you by fear.
Speaker 2: I can motivate you with money, but the only thing that's sustainable is self motivation, because you'll get so much, you'll enough money, then it won't move you. I can scare you enough, and then there's just idle threats. At the end of the day, if you're not a self motivated person, there's no amount of money because eventually you are what you repeatedly do. Therefore, it's not a singular act, it's a habit.
Speaker 1: So all that.
Speaker 2: Stuff, there's a reason why go look at the greats. Forget the super altra rich, but go look at the greats. Lebron James plays like he ain't got a dime. Michael Jordan played like he didn't have a dime. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, all those great Ray Lewis, Michael straighthand Reggie.
Speaker 1: White, all the greats ojo.
Speaker 2: Because see, it's not the money that's motivating them, its self, right, that's motivating them.
Speaker 1: I can figure you. I'm gonna find you.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, if you don't come, Eventually, you become desensitized to being fined, become to sensitize that.
Speaker 4: At what point? How much money do I need?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: I just hope he gets it. Say you know what, damn it, enough of this. This is embarrassing. I'm a professional athlete and these people gotta put clauses in my contract. I'm making two hundred million and they got to incentivize it just so I can get it. Let that sink in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm letting this sing. But listen, I'm trying to be a sponge right here, right. And you said something earlier. Now, I didn't want to cut you off because you was preaching, but I needed to run that back. Now you say you are what you repeatedly what.
Speaker 2: You are what you repeatedly do. Therefore it's not a singular act, it's a habit.
Speaker 5: Stay right there, Stay with me, now because I'm gonna use that. But I'm gonna use that I'm a kid, and the next time they get the line, I'm gonna use that on kids. Matter of fact, I'm gonna use that. I'm gonna use that in preaching to my daughter. You know, I'm going to college station. Yes, University of Kentucky is running the college station down in Texas, A and m you know, so my daughter's running.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna talk before the track me and I'm gonna tell them I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna start off with that you are what you repeatedly do, Okay, So therefore it's not a singular act, it's a habit. And I need to make sure I know you, baby, baby, I know you probably watching, so you be ready to you're ready to be ready for this speech. Game got me getting on this plane. I need to see. I need you to pr something better, bring it home. But money, the money is gonna come. The money is gonna come.
Speaker 2: You think Michael Jordan thought he was gonna Yeah, if somebody, if somebody would have told Michael Jordan, Michael, this is what you're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Michael didn't do this because of money. Oh no, oh no, oh no, but.
Speaker 2: He played as if he was flat ass broke everything that you want. All you have to do is go out there. Look, the fans will appreciate a guy that gives it everything that he has, but that's not supremely talented. But they know that he's giving he or she is giving it everything they have as opposed to somebody they know that's immensely talented.
Speaker 1: And then look at him like, man, he bullgiving.
Speaker 2: All that to to to waste the gift, to waste the gift? Ojo, you demean yourself, Yeah, you cheat yourself. I just I hope this is the one time in twenty twenty five that Zion God, dang it, enough.
Speaker 1: It's enough. Some gotta kick.
Speaker 4: Gonna be what I'm supposed to be?
Speaker 2: An All NBA, A perennial All Star.
Speaker 4: That's what he should be.
Speaker 2: A perennial not just once and then three year later another, a perennial All NBA, A perennial All Star.
Speaker 1: Every he has that cauntapability.
Speaker 5: Now speaking of speaking of speaking of ability, uh, speaking of what he should have been outside of being a perennial All Star.
Speaker 1: Was he not supposed to be next in the line to be the face of the NBA. Yes, or on my tripping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had he had that Lebron he was Lebron had that buzz coming around out out of out of college. You know Wemby Now it's Wemby right' waiting? Is it? No?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: And people that I know? There's only one Michael Jordan? But look at the greats. You think bird played for money? Look at just take the greats, Just take the grapes, put attach any name to it. The money is gonna come because they look at you and see the NBA players, the NFL players, show Head, Tardy, Mookie Best, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: Oh yoall yeah, go ahead. It's really simple.
Speaker 2: I played like I was broke because any amount of money that I was getting with fifteen times what I was making. And you mean to tell hell, old Joe, you mean to gonna tell me you're gonna pay me money for something I've done for free for seventeen years. It ain't making a dime. Now you're gonna pay me to do it? Come on that, Come on, Pop Warner. I ain't get a dame, JB. I ain't get a dame high School. I ain't get a dame. College, ain't get a dame. Now I get to this level and y'all gonna pay me for something I did for free.
Speaker 5: And speaking of that, I like the fact that you just mentioned this, right. I like that you said, pee wee. You didn't get you didn't get paid. You know, no junior high and you didn't get paid high. You get paid college, you didn't get paid. Well, no, man, that that's a whole another story anyway about college. But I'm gonna get back to that. But obviously, make it to the NFL. Obviously, Now you're paying me to play a game that I played as a child, having fun and entertaining. And you mean to tell me now I'm gonna get to the rules of the NFL and how they had it, how they like to control, you know, the individualism.
Speaker 1: So now you mean to tell me.
Speaker 5: When I get to the NFL and I'm playing the game the way I played it all my life, and now make it to the highest level with the one percenters. Now you're telling me how the game should be played now that I made it, So why would I change?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 5: And it goes back to you as well, because you should get on me too about my style of playing and the way I played the game.
Speaker 1: And what's the first thing they take from us? What's the first thing they take from us when they want to keep us in life? Money? Huh?
Speaker 4: They take money?
Speaker 1: Why did they take up money?
Speaker 5: Because they the NFL or any entity, and the only way to control the players or the people that work for them is by taking the money, because that's what they think they value most. But like you just said, you just said it, the money gonna always come, which is why it never changed.
Speaker 1: Uh, I never changed. I ain't played football at thirteen fourteen years, you know, because of you and some other entities that will affording me the opportunity. Hell, I'm making more money not and I ain't caught a touch down. Yeahs, that's how it should be. Come on that.
Speaker 2: But these guys, I mean, I don't understand, bro. I mean, think about the money that you're making. These guys making forty fifty sixty seventy million that's on the court, not even making another ten, fifteen to twenty off the court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're making one hundred.
Speaker 2: Million dollars and all you gotta do say, you know what, I gotta have my weight in between this and this. All I gotta do is just play hard. You're not gonna sco thirty at night, but just play hard. Some guys just they can't even give you that consistent effort. I don't get it. I don't get it. Alan hadd said, don't get up this morning. You can argue Luca might be a better fit with Lebron than anybody he's ever played with, including d Wade, Ojo.
Speaker 1: Who do you believe is Lebron James' best partner? I mean, it could be Kyrie, it could be it could be the Wade, it could be Luca.
Speaker 5: Obviously, listen, Goddamn, Lebron is like a fucking lake God talget man, Sorry, my bad. Lebron is a lego piece UNC. You could you could plug him, you could plug him anywhere and he gonna fit it. But anyway, you can put it with anybody and it's gonna fit because Lebron is that just that great. Lebron is really that great where he can adjust his game depending depending on who he's playing with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can play off the ball, he could dominate the ball, he could bring the ball up, he could play pointed. I mean he can do everything.
Speaker 5: So I understand what I understand what he's saying, but it's it's it's almost it's almost like diminishing Lebron's greatness in saying that, look at it, it doesn't matter who he's playing with.
Speaker 1: He can adjust to the people that he's playing with. It doesn't matter. And he showed that. He did it with Kyrie, he did it with d Wade, he won. He's gonna win with Luca.
Speaker 5: Obviously, there's some more pieces that need to be added to that puzzle before they get to that point to where they're you know, their their back to their winny ways. But there's only so much time time is taking, you know, over there, which is why, which is why I like.
Speaker 1: I like my idea of embid. We ain't got none to lose because you need a pig.
Speaker 2: But then he but here's the thing you get, You get embiid and then you got to give him the rock.
Speaker 1: Luca needs the rock.
Speaker 2: Luca gonna have the ball more because Luca, as I said last night, Luca is better on the ball. And then he is off the ball. Lebron James needs the ball. But Lebron can play off the ball. You're gonna see a lot of lobs. You see Lebron coming through like Batman with those lobs. You see Lebron getting out on the floor. He has somebody that he can trust wholeheartedly to run the offense and not ever have to come get the ball since I got it from here.
Speaker 1: Luca can do that. Yeah, because he can create his own shot too.
Speaker 2: Huh, Luca can create He's the best Luca. What Luca can do as opposed to what Luca can handle the ball, run the offense, get his own shot, get everybody else involved, and give you forty fifteen and twelve.
Speaker 5: This is efficient. But think about this. I'm gonna go back to the and be things more time. Think about Luca being able to run the offense. Think about Lebron, Think about the offensive way the offense is being running. Think about the spacing that is creating because what they have offensively and what that would do finnb right. Not very many double teams right, allowing you to sit in the painting to do what you do best. And yea rotation you have to go mid range to go three, you get bad. Then it doesn't have to do much much running outside of going up and down the transition and playing defense.
Speaker 1: So you got you got.
Speaker 2: You gotta be careful, o Joe, because a lot two things can be true. Luca might be the better player individually, but that'll mean that he's the best player with Lebron as a duo, right, because you take one person that can sing over here, another person that can sing over there and bring them together, and you might not get that beautiful. You might not get Tina Marie and Rick James. You might not get Stephanie Mills and Teddy Pendergrass, you know what I'm saying. You might not get Barry White and Lisa Stanfield. Now Lisa Stanfield is not the best singer. Barry is Barry. But when you put them together, been around the world and now yah yah butt, y'all know what's talking about?
Speaker 5: As good as Lebron and Luca r at least you're gonna get people Bryson and Roberto flat.
Speaker 1: Come on that you're gonna get.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, And because of who they are and based on the resume and the great ones that Lebron is played with regards to who's better than who's that, they're still going to win because the duo, especially when you put them together.
Speaker 4: You know what you're getting we only got four games.
Speaker 2: Let's hold off before we say Luka and Lebron is the best, all the other other duos. He won two championships with d Wade. He won a championship with Kyrie. He won a championship with a Let's let's make then you know, let's wait more than a game, a four game before we decide.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're good. Mhmm oh snoop, says Luku.
Speaker 2: A crip. Look at what he posted on I g O Joe louke Cuk.
Speaker 1: Who made that? Smoo? Who made that?
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, resting police ROBERTA. Flak just passed this morning. She was eighty eight years of age. So killing me softly is one of the songs. What do you call him? Remade it? I'll be sure. What do you know about that? What's upon a time? What your once upon a time? Won't you check this out? If last season's thing, if last year's theme for the Dallas Cowboy was all in, then the leader in twenty twenty five is selectively aggressive.
Speaker 1: Stephen Jones said today.
Speaker 2: Obviously, our goals historically have been to trying as many musts and needs before the draft, So you can just pick the best player on your board. Didn't get that totally a conference last year, but certainly there's always that's always the goal, and every year is different in terms of what those musk and needs are.
Speaker 4: And then you have to have marriage.
Speaker 2: What's in free agency versus where the draft is heavy, and where can help where can we help ourselves in the draft. Stephen also said, one of our goals is to draft a quarterback. You know what, I think one of our goals is is to get a young quarterback in the draft. I don't know where that's going to be. That's why we gave a fourth for Tray hold On. Oh Joe, you.
Speaker 4: Just paid that.
Speaker 2: You gave up a fourth round to get Trey Lance, and you're gonna go get another quarter But anyway, it seems like all quarterbacks, even guys in the fourth round, go in the first.
Speaker 4: They always go much higher than what you think.
Speaker 1: I have a question.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 5: You have a team in n f C East right that's showing you the formula on how to do it the right way.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. And too far from you they showing you how to do it the right way. They right down your division, mister, Jones. Both mister Jones is Stephan and Jerry you gotta kill me? Who son killing me softly?
Speaker 2: Was that the Fijis the Fiji sung that didn't he did a rendition of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that wasn't. That wouldn't. I'll be sure that was defeat killing me soft.
Speaker 1: The Jes.
Speaker 5: The foes, Yeah, Neil White, Cleft and Broz Yeah yeah, yeah, but that's who sung it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back back to what I was saying. Listen, I'm not sure. Listen, this has always been a copycat league. You know it has.
Speaker 5: I know, I know it's always happened. You know at the playing level with office of the corners and deepens. The corner is doing things that they saw work the previous week based on the team that they're playing.
Speaker 1: But owner ownership, they should do the same thing as well.
Speaker 5: It's a copy can look at the team, talk to me nine, look at look at the team in your division on how they operate all season acquisitions, how they draft, understanding what they need.
Speaker 1: Making all the right moves, showing you what being all in really means. That's what the organization does.
Speaker 5: Now, all we hear from Dallas that has the star on their helmet America's team, I might add, it's all talk, all talk with no action.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 5: Here we go again talking about what we're going to do, and then what they're saying makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 1: You just paid your quarterback. Now you thinking about going to get another quarterback.
Speaker 2: We need help on defense, oh Joe, But here's the thing. You just traded a fourth round pick for Trey Lance. I thought that was that was supposed to be your bridge. That was supposed to be the guy that Okay, you's in your system, you're working with it, and now you talk about going to get another quarterback.
Speaker 1: You know they don't listen. I listen.
Speaker 5: I'm in no position because I don't own a football team. I've never been in a position to own one, and I don't know what it's like to run one.
Speaker 1: But I know when you're making the wrong decisions just by what you're saying and talking about. That, ain't it. I've watched the Cowboys for years. I've watched the Cowboys last year, I watched them the previous year. I know they're good. They're good. I also know what they need to get over the.
Speaker 2: Hum why y'all over the bumper of y'all gun talk? About the fujis all be sure did saying killing me softly and he sung it before the fujis just so, I'm just so we clear who I know y'all wasn't around in the eighties, but I'll be sure sung killing me softly. Also throw that out there. Well, the chat was on you on oh yeah, the foojief and they got the oh I can't believe missed that one. Now go run back, run it back. Chat now, come on now, cause y'all quick, but you know what I noticed on Joe, Will you and I make a mistake. They quit, but they won't jump back in the chat when we write and say, you know what, jo y'all was right.
Speaker 1: But I don't think anybody in the chat right now is a by age.
Speaker 5: They want to listen to Albi share back then, you know, they wouldn't listen to the ROBERTA. Flacken and Pebo Bryson and some of the people that you name it. I think everybody the chat, they might have been born you know, two thousand, two thousand, yes today, yes, yesterday.
Speaker 2: I ain't never se I ain't never seen somebody born in twenty twenty and no more than everybody, nah, if it didn't happen, if it didn't happen when they were in their lifetime. On Joe, Man, that didn't happen. That wasn't even no music. They ain't even play no football. We just got football two years ago.
Speaker 1: Y be sure.
Speaker 4: I don't know if y'all know this, but I'll be sure.
Speaker 1: It was like that. Yeah, that way he was.
Speaker 2: That boy now, oh for sure, that boy. Yeah, man, al b was like that. He's like you listen to the old terror. Trent Darby too signed my name across my heart. You know what I'm saying, Joe, wish you well all that that was me? On Joe, that was me.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 5: I'm wishing when you're raping. Now, hey, listen, that's the kind of music. That's the kind of music. How you in your feeling now.
Speaker 1: Heard me?
Speaker 4: And something else too? She was feeling that.
Speaker 2: Why I'm just saying, on Joe, I was just something I could feel it. Well, no, uh uh, I don't get the cop because they wait till the last minute when you first signed that what you should have done. You cannot wait because you let Jared golf and you let Walkee to him Wins.
Speaker 4: They were the first two picks in the draft.
Speaker 2: They got signing bonuses, and Jerry let the new their team sign them before he signed Dak, and thought Dak, he was gonna get Dak at that price. No, Dak is not going to give you the price because they got security. So they're willing to give the team a little discount because they gave them security two years before they had to. You make that go all the way to the all the way to the end, and you think that man's gonna give you a hometown discount.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 2: Okay, you went again. You don't recid, you don't re up it early. You make him play the contract all the basically, damn there, all the way out. Now you got sixty million. Now he damned there ninety million dollars against the count. Ceedee lamb. You wait till umpteenth hour, the same thing you're doing with Michael Parsons, waiting till the umpteenth hour. And you wonder why you don't have wiggle room even with the cap going up somewhere between twenty and twenty five million. You don't have wiggle room because you put yourself all the way up against the wall, which leave you very little room that you can play with. Look at the age is what they do. They signed their guys real early. Now people, man, they gave them a bottle bunch of money. Two years into the contract. Now they're playing for ten fifteen million less than market value.
Speaker 1: Because what the jailer hurts?
Speaker 2: Get fifty million, not going rate sixties but going right about to be sixty two sixty five. But now you got a quarterback, just won your super Bowl on a fifty million dollar contract and still got wiggle.
Speaker 1: Room, still got wiggleom yes, so don't.
Speaker 4: I don't listen. I don't know what Jerry's doing. I don't know what Stephen.
Speaker 2: Stephen sometime comes out and sign sounds worse than Jerry.
Speaker 1: But what do we know, O Joe?
Speaker 2: I mean, they're gonna keep doing it their way if they see what it's getting them nothing. But there's no incentive. There's no incentive, O Joe, because I'm gonna make sure, Yeah.
Speaker 1: They still getting their money.
Speaker 2: They still getting their money. So I don't, Uh, I don't get the Cowboys. I don't know. I don't. I don't really Sometimes I don't. I wonder what they're doing. Sometimes I wonder if they know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Yeah, maybe listen. I don't I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think they continue to do the talking because they know as soon as somebody say something, it's gonna make headlines.
Speaker 1: They dominate.
Speaker 4: Any Any publicity is good publicity for Jerry.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: You know it'd be good they had that that publicity in season in the playoffs. Can you imagine the Cowboys not only in the playoffs, but being in San Francisco next year? Can you imagine that? Can you imagine that what that would do? But Jim and the money that he likes. You think you're making headlines now, man, imagine making well.
Speaker 2: We ain't got guess what. Guess what? We don't have to worry about what Cowboys in the Zoper Bowl.
Speaker 1: You never know, you never know, you do. Listen, listen to the stay with me real quick. Now.
Speaker 5: Your draft, well, you get some off season acquisitions there. Defensively, you get.
Speaker 1: Your number two, You get your number two receiver, a good number two receiver. Almost in your there's a receiver that I'm not even gonna say them names. There's a receiver out there that you can go get where it would be a one A and one B. You would even be the number two. You have a one A and one B. That takes some of the pressure off of da.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, Old Joe, talk to me. What does number two receivers cost money? What is the Cowboys unwilling to spend in fridgency money? If you're not gonna spend eight million dollars to get dead Henry when the Gordon raiders about eleven or twelve for a running back, what makes you think you're gonna spend twenty five to thirty million on the number two receiver?
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, I know what the problem is, and I have a solution. Now, whether they want to execute it or not, then.
Speaker 4: So be it.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what the problem is. I ain't gonna say and they're not gonna do anything. They're not gonna do anything to try and solve it because solving problems, Oh yo, solving problems cost money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If your house leaking, you're like, you know what the problem is, Are you gonna spend money to get it in the roof fixed? Just because you know what the problem is? What are you gonna do to solve the problem. That's that's the better question, What are you gonna do to solve it?
Speaker 1: Ought Joe? Yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 5: Hey listened, was do what every goddamn reading you can do it every season? They do it every off season, the Eagles every off season. We see we see the Eagles organization doing every off season. So it shouldn't be no problem for the Cowboys to do it. The answers right, they right down the street. They showed you how to do it. They the formula is right there in front of you every off.
Speaker 1: Season because the Eagles.
Speaker 2: The Eagles understand, Ojo, They've got to spend money in order for the to in order for them to make money. Jerry doesn't have to spend money. He has the most valuable sports franchise in the world. If you talk about Barcelona, you talk about Man, you whatever, the dread darm it, It does not matter if you talk about a sports franchise. The Cowboys are the most valuable. And it's not even close. Yeah, just so we know it's not close. So there's really no incentive to for him to spend money. Plus, we're gonna talk about him regardless the Eagles. High Roseman, are you saying Jerry Jones is as good a gym as Howie, Or is the Costa or Ozzie that's in Baltimore heyo, No, absolutely not. Or Brent Beach in Kansas City. Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Bean.
Speaker 4: I think Bean is in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Look, Jerry just be talking and we listened to him. But guess what, guess what, I got to listen to him all media day. You know that night when they are both teams go at the Super Bowl, Yeah, and they go, we ain't got to worry about that, we ain't got to worry about it.
Speaker 1: And we'll be there. I know.
Speaker 4: I know somebody'd been a super Bowl next year, and I know.
Speaker 1: Somebody who won't us. I'll be there. Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: The NFL team who proposed rule change to ban the toush push out it as the Packers, Lane Johnson reacted on Twitter with the crying, laughing emology. Diana Rassini said, the Green Bay Packers are the teams that submitted a proposal to the NFL's Competition Committee to ban the toush push per sources.
Speaker 5: So that's is that the only team, one team, that's all it takes. Wait, you got it takes more than one team, Mancus thirty two.
Speaker 2: No, it takes one team to propose it. Now you can send it to the competition committee. Now they get to decide after that. But it'll take five teams that it may take what twenty something of the owners to vote it and says okay, I said, I said, yeah, but not not not to bring it forward.
Speaker 1: It only takes one team.
Speaker 5: Listen, I mean, funny, think about it. Every team, every team can do the touch push, every team to do it.
Speaker 1: Everything you do it. Now, everybody can't execute it the way the Eagles can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you ain't got a quarterback to squad six on the piles and have that kind of leg dright.
Speaker 1: And also you don't have an office in line like that either. Yeah. They also don't have offices line like the Eagles. Nope, you got you got a thing with them boys average height wise and weight wise. Oh, they big bellers, the big fellers.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got Lane Johnson at six six, you got Mile Lot at six eight, you got Dickerson at what six five sixty six, you got Jensen Jurgensen probably six four sixty five.
Speaker 1: You got Mackay becked In at six six, seven six eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're probably going three fifty three, forty three, thirty three, twenty lane, probably three twenty five.
Speaker 4: That funny thing about it.
Speaker 5: They mess around in ban the touch push, and god damn the Eagles. They can go and they go in the heavy set and still get the first down. They can go in they can go in the base too tight end, still get the first down. Then what it's gonna be the same thing if it's close. It was fourth and one thirty one.
Speaker 1: They just do the same thing.
Speaker 2: Well, it used to be you used to couldn't push the runner because it was called it throw a flag or you called it aiding the runner. Now they said you can't. You can push it, but you can't pull y right like you said in college they put quarter run back.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: The NFL, you're not supposed to be able to do that. But uh look stop it. Somebody doing something.
Speaker 1: Stop it. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 4: That's all you gotta do. You gotta stop it. No other formula, Oh choe.
Speaker 2: The NFL dynamic kickoff for a mat for a controversial was a controversial audition in twenty twenty four season, maybe getting a few tweaks going forward. The NFL Competition Committee Coachair Richard McKay told reporters that the league is looking at ways to increase the number of return and investigate different ways to either make on side kicks more possible to recover or potentially replace them all together. I told you what they try to do that now, didn't I tell you? They trying to get that obout of there because there's still collision. They try to get away to collision. They see at a lot of the concussions were happening on kick. Now they want to get the pun out of there too, cause you know what, you generate that speed. Think about the speed and he's got those gunners and those guys block it all of a sudden generate Well, O Joe, how they gonna do that? Let me finish reading what Judy Batista said on side kicks. Committee and special team coaches are looking at tweaking the formation to make it possible to recover on side kicks. The historical rate topped out at thirteen point five percent recovered by the kicking team, so that would be a goal. At most mccabley teams would look at fourth and fifteen, fourth and twenty play in place of the on side kick although it pointed out in need were both to pass.
Speaker 4: Now, why would you go now?
Speaker 2: If the on side kick was so much more either than fourth and fifteen and fourth and twenty, why would they do that?
Speaker 1: O joke? I don't know. They messed ate, they listened it the Oh Joe, you don't mind if I dust my awards off?
Speaker 4: Why you askwer that question for the check?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hold on, hey, unk. The game that I've grown to love, the game that I've grown to love, is changing right before my eyes. I know that.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 5: Is it changing for the better? Is it changing for the worst? That's the question I want to ask, chat. Is the game of football changing for the better or changing for the worst?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, I just asked you a simple question, I hurt. I want you to explain it to the chat.
Speaker 2: If fourth and fifteen, fourth and twenty is so much more difficult than the on side kick, why would they go for? Why would they use that as opposed to the on side kick? That's all the basket. If you could answer me that, that's it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, sir, I don't know. You and I had a very heat of the compassionate.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was but right, but right? Now the fact that they even and uh that they even posed this.
Speaker 5: God it, I don't know what to say, but I think what they're doing to the game, the game that I've grown to love, the game that I watching the kid growing up, you know, the game that I've grown to always want to be and admire the players that played it, and looking at a little kid and watching on TV. Know what I want to go and do this That game if not the same anymore. I don't know what they're doing out if there's only so there's only so much you could do because the game of football, the players are getting bigger, faster, and stronger.
Speaker 1: The dimsions of the field are not going to change.
Speaker 5: So they're trying to make all these tweaks and changes to the game of football to protect the players.
Speaker 1: But the things that need to change aren't. How about starting with the.
Speaker 5: Field making it feel a little bigger. How about that there's only listen, this is a violent sport. It's a barbaric sport. I mean, I prayed for fourteen is I know, I got I got this card to say it with violence?
Speaker 1: What are they what are they gonna do? There's only so much you can do. You can only tweet it so much before at some point you can't even call it football anymore.
Speaker 2: I look, I know what this was heading because every year they're talking about ways to decrease concussions, and they say, on the special teams is where most of the concussions, A lot of the concussions, the higher rate of the concussions occur. How can we get it out with flags? How can we get the concussion? How can we get it out on yoe? I just told all the while trying to keep you can't. How you're gonna kill to get it out?
Speaker 1: Flags?
Speaker 5: How take the hammet take the hammets off and play flag? Oh ya, well that's what it's coming down to anyway. Might as well you want to take it. Make the NFL a flag football league, no concussion, all you doing to pulling flags?
Speaker 2: Okay, mmm, we'll see, we'll I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: We're gonna revisit this in a second old joke. The volume