Speaker 1: Look Mayer, Oh, I see you my own look over there is that culture.
Speaker 2: Yes, goodness loves cult ding dum lost cultustas calling.
Speaker 1: Tell them what you're doing, tell them about what you're in process on.
Speaker 2: Right now, I am chopping up some shallatte garlic for a make ahead sauce later.
Speaker 1: Now, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Please? Is this an Alison Roman recipe? We have been enjoying, Yes, tomato season with the end of tomato season with Alison Roman, which is not your favorite food but one of your favorite girls.
Speaker 1: Oh no, let me say something. Tomato sauce, concentrated tomato flavor, any concentrated tomato flavor. I'm into it's just tomatoes itself. And do people agree with me out there in the community.
Speaker 2: You don't like the wetness of tomato.
Speaker 1: I think it is the texture that I don't like. Is this a point of contention for us or do you just fully embrace on it?
Speaker 2: I embrace I us think that you have to love the whole thing. It's not I.
Speaker 1: Don't have to do anything, Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I just I'm trying to manage a house here. We're on fire island.
Speaker 1: You kind of are the mom of the house.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: I love to be that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And this this trip especially, I've I've been very domestic and I've been very administrative. Not very, but I've been like.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, we have someone's coming in taking a break from his glute bridges. If you if you think that we can't see, speak into the micro.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get Jackson. Everybody.
Speaker 1: We're here on the line recording live from the Fire Island Bines.
Speaker 2: This is live, This is live Air Jacks Wow, Live from the Pines.
Speaker 1: What thoughts on culture do you have outside of the culture of glute bridges?
Speaker 2: I was doing goop bridges because.
Speaker 3: I haven't moved my body in six or seven days. And what thoughts do I have on culture? Yes, fat asses are important?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Who is the fattest ass in media? Just kidding.
Speaker 1: You don't have to say that.
Speaker 3: No, we have to know this the fast Oh probably mts Megan, the fat.
Speaker 1: Megan v Stallion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that is body by God?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't we say from Runner for the title of that by God? I mean we are here in the pine, so we're seeing lots of body by God. Yes, each one to each one, one. Well, right now, we have a gorgeous view. You sort of went over there so we can see each other. But you don't know what.
Speaker 2: I actually enjoyed the group all week.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wait, hold on, there's another special guest coming in hot it's he wasn't doing Blue Bridges outside, but it's Josh Ship.
Speaker 4: Everybody I'm listening to the album is the sit by the Strokes outside and bowen. You do not talk about the Strokes enough.
Speaker 2: I don't talk about the Strokes now, you.
Speaker 4: And your listeners need to put respect on the Strokes. It's anti man the way you behave.
Speaker 2: I don't talk about is this it by the Strokes? But I do talk about this? Is it by Michael Jackson? Is who is the Strokes of his day?
Speaker 5: To quote Charlene all is forgiven, Michael.
Speaker 2: Forgiven that charlat quote Charlene car publicly has forgiven Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Can we say this has been such a diet coke house?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's it's six flags over pine, it's bright night.
Speaker 1: Oh, they should make us six flags here.
Speaker 2: That be good.
Speaker 1: What rides, Well, let's not be too ambitious. We can't have a big coaster on the Island.
Speaker 2: I think I think one of them should be called.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I just want to bring us back here because it feels like it's.
Speaker 2: Getting out of control. I think one of them should be called the Daniel Nordikio Patti Lapone Rider Adventure. He has to get he has to get all the items from Patti Laopone's Rider.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, you know. That's like actually the plot of Princess Tati's by you dip. It's like, we have to get a lot of the musicians to play a big show. It's like, okay, cool, this is a theme park ride, right, We're supposed to feel some danger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're a rotten kid and he Lette is hunting you with a gun.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, justice lethal. I really don't like this one now that guns came into it. I'm sorry, We're sorry.
Speaker 1: There certainly is what are you guys all packing up to do?
Speaker 2: Are you guys gonna go somewhere? Okay? In a diet coke house? And Josh has been very sort of I would say Italian in his way. He's wrapped meat and cheese.
Speaker 1: Okay, good?
Speaker 2: Is that Italian French?
Speaker 1: You need a house mother to make sauce and you need a house daddy to wrap up meats.
Speaker 2: I'm going to okay, great, bye boys.
Speaker 1: This has been an amazing snapchat.
Speaker 2: Snapchat It's it's back.
Speaker 1: Snapchat is back, and that's exactly what this is. This episode is just a snapchat of what it's like to live in the pines.
Speaker 2: Can we do a terminology swap? Yeah, because podcasts doesn't really it's not a great word.
Speaker 1: Podcast is over? You think the as a word, of course.
Speaker 2: We have to tie the word to the concept. The concept of podcasts is eternal. Can I be honest with you, what's a better name for a podcast? That's what I was just gonna say. This is why I'm like, can podcast now be called snapchats?
Speaker 1: I think from now on? Yeah, I think that. The fact is, if anyone was going to be able to sort of swing their big, fat, thick, juicy podcast dicks, make this a real thing, it's us.
Speaker 2: It's us. Can we just say our dicks have never been bigger? My dick has is not a drop of saline. I'm huge.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to swing it like Hank Aaron, who's that famous baseball player.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's try another one. I'm ready to swing it like Barry Bonds. You know that, I don't.
Speaker 1: You don't know Barry Bonds?
Speaker 3: Who is that?
Speaker 1: He is actually the all time home run leader and he was a famous San Francisco Giant.
Speaker 2: And do these men have huge dicks or big bats?
Speaker 1: I mean they were just amazing hitters known for hitting home runs. Which is the analogy that I'm making. What about this one? I'll start a little bit easier, then we'll get to the really good, easy one. Sammy Sosa.
Speaker 2: I do know, Sammy Sosa, Baseball.
Speaker 1: Had been very, very good to me.
Speaker 2: You I was love bombed by an ex baseball player once.
Speaker 1: Holy fucking shit, tell this entire story.
Speaker 2: No it's not. I'm not telling this entire story.
Speaker 1: You were loved buying by by a former baseball.
Speaker 2: Player tame to the theory house.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh, actually I remember him.
Speaker 2: But he's a former college I think he was, like, I forget what division he was a baseball baseball boy while he was in the closet, and like, you go back and look at his old baseball pictures and you're like, one.
Speaker 1: Thing we share is we both saw each other's love bombers coming from a mile away, but didn't see it ourselves.
Speaker 2: What does that say about us? Blinded by love but blinded by love? Title of that blinded by left But I'm saying with the friendships like accountability. Check if this ever, if we ever get love bombed again? Oh no, I'm first of.
Speaker 1: All, you know, I was on the front lines and being like hey, uh no, no, I know, although he did charm me like that for a second. For a second, but this man took me by my arm and took me for a turn about the room like I was Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Like you are Charlotte. Yeah, it was Elizabeth, and then and then it's Charlotte. What's her face in the book? Anyway? Is it that you really want to get to the sandwiches? Or is it that you're just over over us and I never will be. You know, before he said, we will talk about JULIAU Dazzle, don't you were were chat.
Speaker 1: About Julius Dazzle here can I And remember I've been wanting content with Julius Dazzles.
Speaker 2: So maybe this is where so Matt came a few days after the rest of us. But we discovered this bottle of rose and the fridge one of the most gorgeous form factors in all of glass making, glass blowing history. I can't believe everyone googled Julia's dazzle, Julia apostrophe s dazzle. The word dazzle and you will come across the most. There must be some golden ratio thing going on here. It's just so pretty. You know, you know it's not We're not It's not just us. I posted this to stories Miss Ago King Wodeem herself. That is a gorgeous bottle.
Speaker 1: I think, yes, it's really getting around. Can I say something? And this is going to really hurt some people's feelings. Lisa vanderbum could never any like.
Speaker 2: We much love to Lisa, we love LVP No, but.
Speaker 1: Like, there's something about this bottle of Julius Dazzle Rose twenty twenty. We should say not a bad wine. This is the part where you hold up the bottle of wine and see you say great year. But here's the thing about twenty twenty. I'm never holding anything up with your twenty twenty on it and saying great year twenty twenty can't happen.
Speaker 2: This is the only good thing to come out of that year.
Speaker 1: It's a roller culture Number eight twenty twenty was.
Speaker 2: Not a great a great year. No, ma, come in, come in, come in.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I guess this would be your podcast debut.
Speaker 2: Is this Whitaker's podcast debut?
Speaker 1: Do you want to say hello to everybody?
Speaker 2: I think the only other time I've a little bit appeared on the podcast also coming back.
Speaker 1: From beautiful And that's how you prefer it. You preferred the space what.
Speaker 5: Are you looking at?
Speaker 2: What are you looking over there?
Speaker 1: For the war.
Speaker 2: When New York Times Wirecutter sent Grilling Challenge week four.
Speaker 1: Well we're letting everyone know about Julia's dazzle, and we're letting everyone know about the beauty of Julia' dazzle. And we actually just said, this is a twenty twenty wine and it may be the only good thing to come out of twenty twenty, because you know how you're supposed to hold up a wine bottle and say a great year.
Speaker 2: So hard to do with twenty twenty, hard to do and anyone hard to do with nineteen sixty eight? Oh my god, say nothing of nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 5: Well, the moon.
Speaker 2: Landing was was big. I guess that was a pretty good year. Okay, Well, we love any of the nineteen Okay, he'll be in and out. Is going to be in and out? You know Whittaker is I mean he's in the next room, but I would say he is, he's one of the kings.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, he actually made it onto my Instagram story yesterday and people it was a little bit of people to find.
Speaker 2: People always get thrilled when they go who is that man? And I say, don't even bother. Yeah, don't even bother. He's wiped up. Honey, honey, well let's talk about the big Wait. Can you give me a die Cooke? No, there's there's die Cooks behind you.
Speaker 1: Never mind, honey, there's Dicos behind you.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, don't worry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, though I know you would have done it.
Speaker 2: So it's been a die Coke household. It's been a spright household. Now I always say I'm good. I always say that sprite what people think ginger ale does to your stomach on planes or you know, on the ground, they're actually thinking about sprite. It's the same thing that when people are like, I love I want to read a Joan Diddion book that I haven't read before I go, no, you're actually thinking of an Eve Babbitt's book that you've never read before or that you've already read. Open it. Oh my god, not a better sound in the world.
Speaker 1: The most satisfying thing I've ever heard. It's literally more satisfying than when you're with a man and he goes, I'm coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care for that. I don't care about that. Or I don't care if you come. I don't care if you can say it's really coose you number thirty. I don't care if you come. But that's actually quite refreshing. Decenter the orgasm. You always are saying this, Have we not as sexual beings been on either side of the like, well, it's okay, you know, like I don't need anything from anyone. I don't need anything from anyone. I know one should need anything from me except my positive vibes.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you this, how many times have you come in this house on this trip?
Speaker 2: You can't. That's too personal, is it? Do you any answer?
Speaker 1: Well, Bowen, let's think about this. Did I ask the question? Do I ask questions that I don't want answers to? Don't talk down to me.
Speaker 2: I've come twice before I got here before you got here, I was like, I have the room to myself. I was thinking that, how many times have you have I been away from the room or have you come in another room?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd be honest, please, I went into the bathroom this morning and I shot.
Speaker 2: I came. You shot, you shot you?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: You. I almost had shot alone. It just felt too much.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you guys know what happens to us when we get into Fire Island.
Speaker 2: We get a little bit loose, a little loose, and before you levy accusations of us being dua and always on vacation.
Speaker 1: This is the last vacation.
Speaker 2: This is the last vacation. But we've also had a lot, We've had work, travel mm hmm, and it's been I would say it's been a fruitful summer. We reflected on summer. Is this that episode?
Speaker 1: Well you're literally rolling your eyes with every single word.
Speaker 2: But should we It's an important it's an important thing that we should all do. We should all reflect on this season.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's reflect highs, lows, roses and thorns of the summer.
Speaker 2: Rose Bouquet was Culture Awards and was being in Vancouver for June. I really loved that experience. I was just reconnecting with Andrew and roses as well, spending time with my friends, spending time at home. I did not really because of the strikes last year. It felt like it just the summer wasn't really real. We were all just so stressed and the vibe was just bad. It was very stressful, but it just like went by, Like I did not feel a sense of like relief or like respit. You know, the strikes were happening and like we're all just sitting at home. It did not feel good, But this year felt nice. What about you, thorn, I'll get to my I'll get to you later.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say my roses are so plentiful.
Speaker 2: I would say my rose.
Speaker 1: Oh good. We're doing roses and thorns of summer. So think about at that right well, right now I'm going wait, let me come on.
Speaker 5: The track Matt as Hell.
Speaker 4: Now that I've finished the album is the sit by the Strokes, I want to say, it's the original, short and sweet.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, we'll get to get to your.
Speaker 4: Army of quite frankly, millennial gay men need to understand this, and you need to have Julian Casablancas on the pod yeah, anti man.
Speaker 1: The way he said, quite frankly, millennial game man like. It was like like truly like a way to like drag us the way he said.
Speaker 2: Julian cosa Blanc has also made me feel like he likes him more than us.
Speaker 1: How many times have you come in this house this week?
Speaker 2: We've been asking people quest keep them on. He and Aaron have been sharing about the entire time. One one okay, okay, one one yeah, oh my god, One in the bathroom, yeah, one in the bathroom, two in the pink. Wait.
Speaker 1: So should I say my rose? I think my roses of summer. Honestly, we're on that same trip seeing Taylor and also specifically swimming in the in Sicily was such a rose, even though I famously got stung by a jellyfish there, which I'll just transition into my rose, I mean my thorn. I think my thorn was pretty much everything that happened that day after I got stung by the jellyfish.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 2: That was a rough day.
Speaker 1: It was not emotionally, physically, spiritually. I'm sure financially.
Speaker 2: You got to swim in the i Onion sea, which is magical, But then the clown came back to bite. The clown came because you did clownery, but you didn't do clownery.
Speaker 1: I actually was doing no clownery, and I had the people were.
Speaker 2: Doing clownery and then but sometimes when other people do clownery, the clown bites you for some reason.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't like about the clownery.
Speaker 1: Oh, trust me, There's been so many times in my life where I was doing no clownery, nothing of the sort, and the clown just came out of nowhere bit me and then got away with it. Okay, I'm sorry, I gotta float away from this.
Speaker 2: Goto away.
Speaker 1: Do you have any roses and thorns of summer that you want to share? It's Josh Sharp, everybody, Josh Sharp.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, roses and thorns.
Speaker 2: Sweek has been Speak is all road. This has been a fabulous guy.
Speaker 5: Gabe, Julia's dazzling. What's my rose?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 5: Grandma Avenue King Sannia was one of my.
Speaker 2: Roses Josh Josh Events of the.
Speaker 1: Season Graham Avenue King Josh.
Speaker 4: A couple of weeks ago, I was my fifteen year anniversary of moving to New York City and I've only lived off the same subway stop.
Speaker 5: We have to have a grandma New King Sania. So we bopped around a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of spots and then can you televraton what the game was like? Everyone?
Speaker 5: Everyone who just signed Famous Williamsburg Celebrities.
Speaker 2: And they had they had to wear their headshot and their description that Josh have written for them on their.
Speaker 1: The famous celebrities.
Speaker 5: That way, people like.
Speaker 1: Famous Williamsburg Celebrities, Military.
Speaker 2: She was born there, Joy Bahar A lot of her work, you, Julio, Julio.
Speaker 5: A lot of mob people.
Speaker 2: I found a lot of mob people. I think like some some painter. I was a painter. I was someone that was a rose.
Speaker 5: I don't have a thorn off at the top of my head.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's good. You've had a nice summer. Yeah, okay, good.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that you had no thorns that one.
Speaker 5: But I don't have it right now. I don't live in thorns.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you do live.
Speaker 2: In the light.
Speaker 5: I live in the light of Christ. I'm about a.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I won't do it. Should we get into short.
Speaker 2: And sweet Josh sharp transition is to short and sweetest so remarkable, really major.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this was Josh. I mean, he was out there listening to the Strokes, and then he said it was the original.
Speaker 2: We've had sort of a hetero sexual cis male energy as well, because before you got here, it was the thirtieth anniversary of Graced by Jeff Buckley, and we listened to that the whole way through. Actually delightful. Pool side shut up.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going to shut up.
Speaker 2: Fuck you. You let me be a straight guy for once. Okay, I'll love to see you try.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying more. Not an affect, justin. And then we watched twenty minutes of Connor and Maley content. Today we watched his new short film Corey's which you should what you should all checkout is insane, starring friend of the Pod Don Lee. Put some they only put some respect, put some respect on Annie Donnelly's name. Immediately. Did she win culture? Pat Reagan won culture in that way, but she spiritually want spiritually, she's spiritually you were if.
Speaker 1: You were at if you were at cult War years ago, you.
Speaker 2: Are a winner. If you were at culture at Villain, I want to say, like twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, it had to be twenty eighteen. Yeah, something like that. Reach out and you will win a special prize because us telling you that we love you.
Speaker 1: If you were at Villain and you reach out to us and you let us know, we will list your name at the end credits of next episode.
Speaker 2: We will visually list your name. In the next episode. We will read the names. We will read the names. We're in dispute and what's going happen.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the album of the year. We really are ultimately such gay guys, because you know what, I realized this is going to be the I think fifth time I get on this podcast and you're no better, no and basically say this is the album of the year, genuinely believe.
Speaker 2: Well, so far, what have we said this about. We said this about Sunshine now Boy Carter Billy. Sure, at some point we said it about Chapel Roon. In fact, we called it the album of the year. Yes, she want album of the year. Two years now we're saying it again. So five. But there was one before that. I want to say.
Speaker 1: We never said Torture Poets was the album of the year. I just said we love Torture Poets.
Speaker 2: But then Brat of course oh Jesuspratt and then do what we said it was it was up there. Yes, And I think Short and Sweet is, pound for pound my favorite album. It is so good.
Speaker 1: It is so good, and I know that no one can argue from the first seconds to the last seconds. Ran new clever, funny point of view, underrated vocalist.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, try and do one of these riffs. I'm with it the whole time. I'm never bored on this album, not a second. Not that I was born on the others, but there's just something so she really lightly tugs at your attention for the thirty six minutes Short and Sweet. Yeah, just and we're saying like thematically obviously too, Like the title is it touches on this general threat of like a short, ephemeral relationship that sticks with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said, like it's about how the short relationships are ultimately the ones that fuck you up the hardest, which don't we know you can confirm honestly, Like, yeah, and I think that I thought it was just like a cute little title based on her own stature, her own very exact, very very mindful.
Speaker 2: Very considerate thatture.
Speaker 1: Check that out on TikTok if you open TikTok, you're gonna get a very demure result if you know, you know, but yeah no, and then to hear about that. It's about like the brevity of relationships and how frustrating that can be when you allow yourself to really commit to that emotionally. I absolutely loved it. What's your top track? I And it's okay to say the basic thing.
Speaker 2: I think. I'm not even worried about that what I've been doing lately, and I'm keeping mind this album has only been out for four days as of this recording, but wow, it feels that feels crazy. It feels like it's been with us eternally. Matt Whitker said this, But I have been doing the thing of keeping the album on repeat, of course, but doing Don't Smile into Taste, I see, because Don't Smile is actually phenomenal. Closer I love it. Just go and just let's just listen to that song. It's just a perfect.
Speaker 1: It's literally a perfect throwback to We were saying the other day that Taste was giving a little bit of Shania Twain and I mentioned in the vinyls I touched myself and I guess when you told me this. Yeah, shout out to Tellio Crane. So I was having a conversation I taught about and she pointed that out. I was like, oh my god, that is it.
Speaker 2: But think about you just did y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's living in the same world, not just not to So when you do that sometimes I feel like it's a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of a levy of aron, not a read.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you're reading, but I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: It's just that, like pop songwriting like tends to like, yeah, sure overlap with other pop songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it's great. What I'm saying is the Di Vinyl should sue this woman. I'm like, based on what bowhen Yang just did. And I'm just kidding, but yeah, no taste is insane. It is an insane song. And what I was saying is it's a perfect throwback pretty much song to song of the.
Speaker 2: Late nineties for me, Like, it's giving you a little bit of late nineties shni.
Speaker 1: It's certainly giving you like specifically, yeah, it's also giving you like throwback to like a country moment.
Speaker 2: I was saying, remarkably coincidence is a Ladies of the Canyon hang Joni Mitchell classic sounding Yeah tagged in said coincidence is his favorite that doesn't surprise me at all.
Speaker 5: Beautiful yeah, la la.
Speaker 1: And about Sean and Kamila, which is one of your top issues. Well, mate, he actually is running, and he's running on getting Sean and Camila back together for once and for all.
Speaker 2: Really good God, testes, damn Well, I think there's not much else to say, is there? What I'm kidding?
Speaker 1: This is a podcast about pop.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to transition out of our little guest drop in.
Speaker 1: Okay, nothing more to say from him?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I love taste absolutely think please please please an espresso sing on the album they sound great, and I think my favorite song is Sharpest Tool. Yeah that tracks now, come on, Josh, you can always contribute.
Speaker 4: I would say ultimately Someday is a banger last night. I know it was the single, but it still holds up.
Speaker 5: You are a big Julian does.
Speaker 4: With his vocal stylings on the original short of suite is this you know what's crazy?
Speaker 2: Created? Which songs are about Shawn Mendes and which ones are about Sean and oh god, oh god, barely legal It's crazy.
Speaker 1: The sort of sexual power of that Shawn Mendes has over these women.
Speaker 2: Ironic in a way.
Speaker 1: No, well, okay, so so Shawn Mendes also has a new song, a new album out, and I was watching the video and it actively made me mad. And it's about being shirtless and playing his guitar in the woods and being like, and I'm just like, God, you really are just like I don't know, I don't trust him.
Speaker 2: You can move to the woods and be shirtless and play the guitar and put on an album. The thing that pushes it over the edge for me is like, and this is not saying that like religion is bad, it's just that, like you can't find God, it's too much going on at once. You gotta give it to us in little pieces. You do the Christianity album later. Here's what I'd say.
Speaker 1: I agree with you one hundred percent, Sean.
Speaker 2: Leave these girls alone, Like, just leave these girls alone. Like if just please, hey men, leave people alone. If you know you're a fucking loser, just leave them alone, Like if you know you're gonna bail on them later, like if you know you're gonna be too sensitive.
Speaker 1: For a life later, just leave people alone. Just go be annoying yourself. Go to the woods yourself without the cameras. I don't know he annoys me.
Speaker 2: Man, you said something that really resonated with me the other day. You're like, I'm finding my husband. I'm finding my I think I'm in husband mode too. Now officially I'm in husband. I'm not literally no longer fucking around.
Speaker 1: Well, because if it's not your husband, then it's sixteen million Shawn Mendes is which who are who are like giving you the fuck boy energy? Bring the cameras out to the woods to film me shirtless playing guitar, and then oh no, I have to totally bail on you. It's like, guys, get it fucking together. I'm not saying that like I don't have empathy for people, but I'm just saying, stop stringing these girls along, Stop stringing these people along with you just want attention, governor, you're asking your emotion. You know who you are. Just relax stop with the tension seeking period, is what I'm saying. Kajin on Fire Island.
Speaker 2: Cracked, No, I think maybe it's a mix of both. Matt Rogers does what I was.
Speaker 1: Just gonna say, you know who made me think about this, ben Affleck, leave her alone, Leave her alone. I can't stand him.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, poor Jen. So all she did was like be on a movie about this show.
Speaker 1: Listen to me. She is a lunatic, but guess not harmful to society. No, she's a lunatic who is obsessed with love and a love addict and a romance addict and like you know, all those different things. And he just keeps coming back because he can't get his shit together. And Shawn mends, if you're not careful, that's gonna be you in twenty years. I'm just saying, is that a read on Ben Affleck's age.
Speaker 2: It's just these guys who like can't help but string these girls along, these these emotional artistic girls who buy into it and believe it when people come to them and say I'm giving you everything, and then they take it all away. These guys are jerks and they're gay too, and they're running around here and you know them. You might be them.
Speaker 1: Turn it off, Turn it off if this is you, Turn this off, if you're this guy turning this podcast off right now? This is for water signs.
Speaker 2: I think there's some water signing fuck boys let.
Speaker 1: Me look at let me look up their signs.
Speaker 2: Ben Affleck Astrological. I'm sorry, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: This was supposed to be about you today, but what happened was you got fucked up by Shawn Mendes And now we're talking about this type of guy you think about that.
Speaker 2: We need to bring Tenny Nicholas on the podcast.
Speaker 1: He's a Leo. Ben Affleck, color me on surprised. Oh my god, now what a Shawn Mendozo both Leo's. This is so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: This is crazy. How do you feel it? We're in Virgo season now? How do you feel about Vigo season?
Speaker 1: What I feel about Virgo season is I'm gonna say my famous line, and I'm supposed to marry one of you. And let me tell you something. You I know Virgos love to be right. If you have an instinct about me, you are right. Come get it.
Speaker 2: I'm ready. Wow. So this is really good. This is a really good way to draw them in. It's for you to be like you want to be yourself, your Virgo self. Come find me so you can be type A about my ass. Listen to me.
Speaker 1: Just be nice, just be nice and supportive. You can be right all the time.
Speaker 2: Who is Scorpio romantically?
Speaker 1: It's just so funny that Sean men is in Ben Affleck are both leos. And those are the examples I was using. Because they can't fucking help it. They can't fucking help driving these women crazy. Okay, Earth signs send a soft hay, like Sabrina says in the song you Send a Soft Hay on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I hate the soft ha just like hey, like I'm back, get out of here. What I hate Hey, get into it, launch into your you.
Speaker 1: Bowen Yang has expressed this before. He hates to just be texted one word like hey, Like hey, you want to know what the reason?
Speaker 2: Why are you wasting time? Hi? Hi? The only thing the eyes the other person can say back is hi, and we're wasting time here? Hi? Hey. I think I always text you with a purpose.
Speaker 1: Oh no, actually, but I don't know you do.
Speaker 2: You don't have to, and I don't mind it from you.
Speaker 1: I would never just say hey to you, though, I would say like hey girl or hey Queena.
Speaker 2: Sometimes at work, though, I'll get a text and it'll be like someone being like hey, I'll be like what, like the show's on Saturday? Like, tell me, yeah, what do you need for?
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 2: I will be I'll be there. I'm not difficult, I promise anyway. I feel like I identify with not being difficult to such an extent that must mean that I am.
Speaker 1: Can I be really honest with you, I wouldn't describe you as the least difficult person.
Speaker 2: I'm not the least. I'm a little bit difficult.
Speaker 1: I think you can be difficult, but I wouldn't describe you as difficult. But I would say you have the appitude for being difficult. And I would say flatteringly the same to you about you, when do you consider me to be the most difficult?
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know what the context would be. I think you, when you know something, you are very good at conceptualizing what you need, and you communicate that, and when it's not given to you, then you will vocalize that in a way that I find so respectful.
Speaker 1: I understand that what about me?
Speaker 2: What about me?
Speaker 1: Difficult? Maybe sometimes communication? Maybe sometimes like getting responses from you or locking you down.
Speaker 2: I'm very bad at tech. It's not and see, that's not difficulty, although maybe it is. Sure registers is a difficulty to the other person. I'm just something happened in the last three four years. I got so bad at emails, I got so bad at texts. I am not chiming into the group chat as much as I would like to. Yeah, something happened.
Speaker 1: I never feel like I can't get a hold of you though, so maybe that's I wouldn't say it's an issue. I would say that both of us are not issues. Not us water signed. We're not these leos, not these famous leos out here like absolutely running the show.
Speaker 2: If you're Leo listening to this, congrats, congrats on the scorched earth that you will lay in your wake for the rest of your lives unless you self examine.
Speaker 1: See this is so funny. Shawn Mendes was born on and we didn't mean this to be a Shawn Mends dragfest, but the fact is, it is what it is. He was born on August eighth, nineteen ninety eight. He's a fierty Leo son with a rebellious Aquarius moon. This is literally the biggest red flag ever. This opposition reveals that our man was born in a full moon and wants the lion's share of attention and affection. He will suck you dry. He will suck you dry. And that's what's happening here with Camila and Sabrina. By the way, see XO XO and Short and Sweet, both a lot of them are about Shawn Mendes and that feels like, girls, we can do better, Ladies, Let's get our short asses up and out there in the world where there's billions of other men. Many of them don't aren't even Leo's.
Speaker 2: I have to say, it's helpful to be in a place like Fire Island as a gay man and be like, wow, there are just so many. And then that's both like reassuring and also like neutralizing, and you can sort of come at it in a worshack test way of like this can mean whatever I want it to mean. And I don't know why I'm relating this back to Shawn men. Does I mean we were funnily enough the day that the It's Giving Share moment happened. We were shooting. It was our rap day at shooting at the Ice Palace, the Underwrip party scene. Well what else? What else?
Speaker 1: I guess there's the rest of this album. I mean, so Sharper's tool is my favorite song. Okay, love it. It is also about that thing of someone giving you so much and like then taking it away. What else do I love?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Bed kem just fun when you know you're gonna absolutely have a lot of fun, jump in somebody's bones.
Speaker 2: Like all the musical influences are very clearly drawn and delineated or whatever. But like she just makes it her out. Okay, So between Taste and then good Graces to me is giving like I think it's giving my nineties Like yep.
Speaker 1: That's exactly.
Speaker 2: R and B dance like RB and dance like beats that Ken is very like has like the Luther Vandros guitar. I would say, anyway, it's excellent. All the way Mariah Carey would smile down on this album smell down, I just mean for live.
Speaker 1: I no, I know that.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 1: That also feels like a joke. Wasn't making a joke. I just meant that she would smile on this album like she is smiling on this album. I don't know why I did that. I think it's just I hold her in high regard. Of course, I'm obviously thinking about Mariah right now because her mother and sister both passed last weekend, very sad. If you read her book, you know those were tough relationships and sometimes those are the ones that are the most difficult to lose.
Speaker 2: So I really hope she's okay. And I did not mean to make light of that neither.
Speaker 1: What I was trying to say was that Mariah would be is so proud of this album just because of not only like the wordplay. It reminds me of like the lyrics that Maria would write when she started to have a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I miss adverb Mariah, but yes, is that? Is that? What do he means?
Speaker 1: Just like just like when she kind of like broke out of her like Tommy Mottola moment, Like we'll call the earlier years of her career that Afanasief years. Walter Afanasief was her big producer, and then when she stopped working with him, like and she was having more fun with like her R and B sound and getting a little bit more like you know, goofy and silly and her lyrics and stuff. It just this album reminds me of that. Like this, it feels like you're getting to know someone better when you listen to this album and she's obviously been around for a while to bring then we had Espresso, and she's got a pretty well defined public persona at this point. Even in the six seven months she's been like very famous. But prior to that, she was kind of known as just the other woman in this Olivia Rodrigo situation. Who apparently that kid also is of this. You know, Shawn mend has been athletic persuasion of can you please leave these people alone?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah? And then later on like he came out, Yeah, it's very Leo thing to do at anytime anyone comes out of the closet and any fashion Leo behavior.
Speaker 1: We're not saying we hate Leo's. We're saying that the worst version of Leo's is someone to avoid. And you know it's true. And the Leo's out there listening, and the Aquarius says no too, especially you Aquarius men. Which is why when I look down here and I see Seawan Mends as a Leo with an Aquarius moon.
Speaker 2: The Aquarius moon thing is what kind of like messes up to signal a little bit for Sean. It's like he wants to be an Aquary so badly, and he thinks that being an Aquarius that he thinks that the internal Aquarius life is to be shirt listen to play the guitar in the woods. But it's like an aquarian would never do that.
Speaker 1: By the way, I just want to say something about Kimilla.
Speaker 2: She's a Pisces and this is why you love the xoxos.
Speaker 1: See, this is why I need to speak to her is because I'm like, listen to me. He will never stop because he knows he can get it from you every single time. So you have to be you have to say see exho exo to this relationship.
Speaker 2: Queen. Okay, so let's just lay this out between Pisces, Scorpio and cancer, between the water signs. Pisces, y'all are the most vulnerable. And because cancer and Scorpio, we got our we got our exo skeletons, we got our heart exteriors. Yeah not me, a cancer, I will I will always love a cancer. A cancer is just pure light. Your joy, pure sweetness is kind of walking along the beach being cute. Mary, that Scorpio, we are scary and we can sting you and kill you.
Speaker 1: You're the crab on the beach.
Speaker 2: No, the crab on the beach is cancer? What so what do you mean you're the scorpion and where the scorpion on the on the boulder? Holy shit? So like you've come into our domain Alio aligned to crush me. But I with my stinger could kill you. Yeah, even though I am also sensitive, I could bite.
Speaker 1: Scorpion's gonna stick crap?
Speaker 2: Can pingeh crow? Can hold your hand though, isn't that sweet? But a scorpion A scorpion is vulnerable as delicate, can be easily broken in half, but can sting.
Speaker 1: And kill you? Wait, what's your astrological sign, Josh, I'm an aquarius again here, No, we love.
Speaker 5: We're catching Sean mindes strays right now. Be kind to me?
Speaker 2: Now? Why am I in it?
Speaker 1: Why buy in it?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: And it's refreshing to be in a household that is housewives of agnostic because being on a vacation with you and Jared and Patrick is a very housewives rich experience, which I love. Yeah, this is also a nice racet to be like, oh that's right, like hearing you play like the strokes spray me with water.
Speaker 5: I was filling up the ice.
Speaker 2: This is a Jimney glick class and we told the the RPKA as we watched Connormalley and yeah, we did a lot of boys stuff. Wee, movie, are you gonna watch tonight?
Speaker 1: Before I got her, stepbrother watched Alien.
Speaker 2: We watched Alien, which is not a that's not a browie movie. That's a pretty gay movie. I mean, yeah, I guess, but I'm just saying, like all the men first energetically though, like you know, it's a rough and tumble movie. Sure, and then we are going to watch step Brothers tonight, which is probably one of the browest comedies, which but you don't want to watch step Brothers. Aaron's never seen it.
Speaker 1: Aaron's never seen Stepbrothers.
Speaker 2: And it's so like Dicks the musical, it's so like see.
Speaker 1: I mean, my opinion would be I'd rather watch Newlander, and I say that it's a proud member of the Big Money Players network.
Speaker 2: So long, not that long, both Will Ferrell films. I want to watch Newlander. We've also been extolling Nathan Lee Graham because my mistake, you'rest mistakes, but we were. I went out with Aaron and John last weekend and we smoked a little bit of weed, and you're kidding. I know. But then Aaron was reminding me of because we went to go see Titanique with Nathan Lee Graham as Ruth as Rose's mother, and you didn't. You never saw Nathan as also the great Ruth's have Ruth. Ruth is always my favorite part of the show. Incredible, the hardest stuff ever laughed. But but Nathan Lee Graham has a moment where he just goes Ruth like breaks down. He just goes, I'm black. And it's everyone's crying in the audience because it's Nathan Lee Graham screaming at the top of us bringing like a little pussy bow top blouse, screaming I'm black. It was It's true theater comedy.
Speaker 1: All do you think the show will go on and on?
Speaker 2: It's here, there's nothing I fear, and I know that the show will go on.
Speaker 1: Wait, remember the other night show tunes when they played my Heart Will Go On And it was just like everyone silent. Everyone just really allowed it to take its space emotionally, culturally and sonically in that space and that hallowed grounds of the pavilion and My Heart Will Go On played, and everyone through the at the end was just like totally enraptured and just you don't get more iconic than my heart will go on. You just don't.
Speaker 2: You just don't. But you even in these like shots of Selene wearing basically nothing or whatever, just looking so gorgeous, it just makes it reminds you of her famous quote, which is, it's not about the song, it's about the performance. She is not thinking about the music and the material necessarily, she is just thinking about how to deliver. And that is so apparent. She is such you. She is one of our big guest singers.
Speaker 1: I mean she remember never forget that one of the nominees for Best Note Ever Sung was at the very beginning of Every Night of My Dreams, at the very beginning of how We'll Go on.
Speaker 2: Every Not in My Dreams.
Speaker 1: It's one of the best notes ever sung.
Speaker 2: This is Celine dion Is on Iconic four hundred. This is the time to say, wait, didn't we agree? Who was number four hundred? Was Blake Clive? Before that? It ends with us drama.
Speaker 1: By the way, can I say, okay, I don't think I was totally aware of, like exactly what was going on with you. It ends with us drama. When we talked about it.
Speaker 2: Neither we did not know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like very much like, oh, well, team Blake, duh. And then I've since seen like the YouTube clips of her interviews talking and I'm like, oh, maybe it's not as couldn't dry as I thought like. And now I'm just like wiping my hands off the whole thing, being like, well, I hope everyone is happy with their huge hit film. It's just why I just I know is hard. I get it. It's very exhausting and stuff. It's a lot.
Speaker 2: I just can't imagine being on camera and saying things like she says on camera to some of the people she talks to. I'm like, wow, this is crazy. You're not even pretending. You're not even pretending to try and be kind to this person I'm talking about the graduation.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, this is wild, and it really just flew out her mouth.
Speaker 2: I can't quite tell in that situation though, Like should she have commented on it? Maybe not.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, here's the thing is.
Speaker 1: It's like and again like I don't know, but I would imagine like if you're the kind of celebrity who part of your deal is you do announce things like I'm pregnant. You do announce things like we're getting married. You do have like a public relationship that you benefit from. And also you're out here, like you know, with a lifestyle brand and like selling you know, Beverett and like you know, your hair stuff, and like being like like like a front facing public celebrity. If someone says to you, congrats on your bump, like you're gonna get get nasty about it back. I don't think so, honey, quite frankly, and I don't use those words until the end of the episode. I know it's early for me to say that, but it just feels like a little bit like, Okay, everyone's allowed a bad day, but then there's a lot of bad days on those clips.
Speaker 2: I think this dovetails nicely into a conversation that we as a house have been having, which is what it's just so. I really envy that you can just go that dick and hole out and has returned from the pantry. He's wearing He's wearing a cropped rug Rats tank top and a speedo song that shows off his.
Speaker 1: And he's here with some col brew concentrate.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous body glue bridged body. He did glue Bridges so he could walk over to the Pines pantry with nothing on, two band aids and a cork and a rug Rats Mini T shirt.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even know who they are. We said, could could little Tommy.
Speaker 2: So you you learned it since yesterday. Look and Josh is I think Josh has the baddestass? And show does Josh has a gorgeously badass? You Josh, the twins do have gorgeous asses.
Speaker 1: He has comment on the Blake Lively controversy that people want to know that the September issue cover is boring.
Speaker 2: Oh tell that to Baz Luhrman directed it. Wait, what do you mean the September Issue's Oh she's on the cover of Vogue and we're saying it didn't give.
Speaker 1: Oh is it here?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You we have it. We have to get it.
Speaker 2: I have to look out.
Speaker 5: I get Vogue to my house.
Speaker 2: Love, I've never since.
Speaker 1: Well, please bring it out because I would love to see.
Speaker 2: This because you're you're you're a media elite and September issue is the issue gave me to home documentary about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, what did they say on the doc.
Speaker 2: That a big issue? I don't know. I don't really keep up with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, to be honest with you, I think this is stunning.
Speaker 2: The colors might be yeah, the colors are not giving September.
Speaker 1: I mean she does have some iconic hair. Of course, I have thought that since of the Traveling Pants. I'm like, oh, how do.
Speaker 2: We feel about how do we feel about this? I don't believe has ever had a stylist, Like, yeah, just taste Matt is silent.
Speaker 1: I think she could benefit from a stylist. Well, we got we all.
Speaker 2: Could an objective eye.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan, though. Here's the It's like, here's the thing is, it's like, I'm a fan of all these people. I don't want to turn on the TV and see and them be nasty to interviewers. That's up.
Speaker 2: Don't want to nice that we've been we've been talking about missus Chappell's week where she has really I Josh and I are obsessed, and Josh brought this up. It's it's obsession worthy that she is calling anytime she talks about the work. She says the project, the project. She's like, I'm so proud of Like, I love what we do. I'm so grateful forgetting to do to work on the project. Yeah, but that is such a way of like separating it obviously, but being like, don't you see, I'm gonna outline for you why it makes no sense for you to like run up to me and like unload all your emotional trauma on to me when all I'm doing is like putting work into this long term project that i've that I've made, and of course it's gonna elicit an emotional response for me because it's music and the way that like music is arranged and oriented around like worship is kind of weird and fucked up, but that is, like that is what she is like trying to rail against and it's hard. But it's hard to change that because it's so set in how it's been set up since whatever, Like I think it's one hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's like so much simpler than people are making it out to be, which is, she's an artist. Her job is to put out me music. She doesn't owe you one second of her time and energy, and she's making that really clear, and she's letting you know she's not one of these people that's going to be out here pushing her personal brand and attaching it to herself and being out there and like really trying to market that. She is an artist who refers to what she does on stage as the project, which means it's separate from her, it's outside of her. And when you come to her and you see her and you invade her space, she's saying that might be okay for other people, it is not okay for me, and she is.
Speaker 2: Worst case scenario, she pulls a di'angelo and she gets so fucking like rattled by this that she's like, I'm moving to the woods. I'm never putting in another album again, Like, don't let it get to that point. No. The way I feel is like I fucking love her as an artist. I love her music.
Speaker 1: Her music has like really been like it's already even though it's only been out for a couple of years, Like it's been there for me, Like it's inspired me, I've like really felt my feelings. And my thing is I just want her to do it for as long as she possibly can. However, however she can do it, so if she's giving clear signals like just fucking lay off, just enjoy it for what it is, because she's a human being and I think there is like a huge difference between her and like the other people were talking about who like make their who like you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, they've had like the not the training wheels on, but they've like had like some people love it and some people love it.
Speaker 1: Some people love it. Like I think there's a world where like, like I do believe that Jennifer Lopez calls the proparazzi on herself, you know what I mean? Like I believe that she filed for divorce from Ben Affleck on like the two year anniversary of their big wedding because she wants people to think about that. She wants a documentary out there about her personal fucking life. Not everyone is like that, and I think that is why Chapel feels the need to come out and be like, listen to me, I am not like these people who want this type of attention all the time, Like there's no part of me that thrive off of my personal space being something valuable to you, Like I don't want you thinking about me and my personhood. She also said, don't call me Kayley. It's incredibly invasive. Like and so when someone makes it that clear that they're not up for consumption in that way, just fucking lay off because guess what, there's a lot of people who who out there who.
Speaker 2: All take and then there are also people who are like, well, then why is she like doing the VMAs and why stupid? Because that's the project. Yeah, that's that separate from the way these certain people will engage with her, which is, yeah, I like the sort of quote unquote backlash to it is so interesting because it is a lot of people being like, but what if they're like, what if they're neurodiversion or what if they're like they have social anxiety or blah. It's like, well, they should also just take accountability for what they do to what they do. Unto this person, It's not like it's like Chapels going up to them and waiting.
Speaker 1: For someone to sorry, wait, I'm sorry. The defense of people who are getting up in her face is but what if they're neuro diverse with is an you.
Speaker 2: Know, but it's honestly like part of this thing where it's like, well, then she shouldn't be taking bigger gigs. And also like some people like have social anxiety, it's like, well, then well, no.
Speaker 1: That's people who feel entitled having that's what she's.
Speaker 2: That's what she's.
Speaker 1: Yes, And she even says she's like, and if this makes you feel a certain way, or if this makes you feel angry, if this makes you feel like something's being taken from you.
Speaker 2: That's not my problem and you need to assess. Yes, which is important anyway, the VMA's performance is going to be fucking legendary. Yeah, I just know it. I don't know anything. I'm just saying like it's it's Goga Papa Rozz's. It's like it might not be at that level necessarily, but I'm saying like it has that sort of power and expectation around it when like, I mean, I remember where I was like seeing that perform. What I mean it was it was the summer of Gaga and then we were all like, what the fuck is she gonna do with the VMAs?
Speaker 1: This year might bring the VMA's back in many one Wednesday, because doesn't it feel like, I mean, it's such a good time for pop music that like, it feels like the VMAs are worth tuning into again.
Speaker 2: And maybe this is just indicative of this thing where like the pop music landscape needs like girlies. Yeah, like we've gone without like pop girlies for too long.
Speaker 1: Is Charlie performing, No, I would love that.
Speaker 2: It's just a brain in chapel for you love Charlie's New York mag Oh, it's done incredible.
Speaker 1: David Chapelle, Yeah, David la Chapelle. Also, one more thing on the on the chapel of it all, which I think is something that's also getting lost, is it's not like she goes up on stage and waves and smiles. She goes up on stage and she's Chapel roone. She's singing like very very, very few people in the industry can performing at one hundred and ten percent in drag, giving the show to an increasingly large amount of people, which is incredibly exhausting. So it's not just like, well, this is what she signed up for. Whatever. The raid at which this has accelerated is truly like wild and it's it would be one thing if it were what I'm saying is like if she were just performing in basements, she'd still be acting like Chapel Rome, which is a lot of energy.
Speaker 2: So it's not like everyone else.
Speaker 1: It's like she's actually giving you more and more than everyone, which is why you love her. We love how maximalist she is. We love that she hearkens back to a time that was big and emotional and energetic, you know, like that's part of who she is.
Speaker 2: And also that speaks.
Speaker 1: To how much energy she's using, so it's not that's something you have to remember too, yeah, is that she's not going up there giving you nothing and coming off now, Like it's not easy for her to do what she's doing.
Speaker 2: Were you at the show at Brooklyn Steel where she It was during her keyboards, Thatt like I got a little quiet, and she was like going into like, oh, like my like personal history stuff, and then like there were just there's just some chatter in the back and then she like did the she did the whole like school taker thing, which I thought was great, Like she's not a warm person and that's wonderful. Yeah, Like she wonderful even it's it's great, it's wonderful. Even she's like guys, there's talking going on back there, and the whole theater was like whoa, oh okay, Like she's not like she's not there to like I don't know, be like this like beautiful, benevolent, you know, like Gaga esque pop star, which gag. I yes, did that back in the day, which maybe I don't know, but like I think maybe like we need to like re arrange the paradigms around like how a pop star is supposed to make us feel and how we're supposed to act around them.
Speaker 1: Just treat people like people. Treat people like people. Whether you're a fan at their show, who's up there looking at them being like, Wow, they're amazing. I put them on a pedestal. That's a person. If you are a celebrity who's in an interview, when someone says something you don't like, treat them like a person, you know what I mean? Like, just I think everyone should treat If you're on Fire Island and you come up to me and you see me, treat me like a dog, treat me, treat me like you think I am. No, Actually, treat everyone else like a person.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: What people on Fire Island love to do to anybody is just hurdle facts about niche actresses. That's something happens.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you'll just be standing and someone will come come at you from your left and be like, you know. She won the Oscar for her Best Actress in nineteen sixty four and I'd be.
Speaker 6: Like, I'm like, okay, oh I my one note about fire.
Speaker 2: That's a notice. That's just the thing that I relearned about myself every year. And I'm like, oh, I haven't seen any movie ever. I don't know any song ever. Sid Well, I'm just like, I'm like, what are y'all talking about? I'm like, everyone's talking about fucking I don't know Alien, like the Alien movies. I was like, I guess I had not ever seen an Alien. Oh no, I saw. I saw them Covenant. I just never saw the original Alien, Aliens Aliens, so you've seen, but you watch Alien the other night. Watch Alien. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: So you've never seen that. I've never seen. It's pure I just know it's horror classic. You know what I have seen. I have seen Prometheus, and Prometheus I hear is very fun. It depends. It's pure lore. It's like the Organ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It's like truly the Origin story. But I I remember I saw Prometheus in college because iaspender Well. I wanted to see Michael Fasspender I'm also a Charlie's stand and I had it in my head that someone I was going to see the movie with, even though he was straight, we could maybe like have something happen. And then I realized, like zi.
Speaker 2: Iliah, I probably could find out. Do I know this person? You actually text me?
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, You're actually gonna die when you find out who this is that I'm talking about. Wait wa wait okay this person is a Gemini? Wait wow wait wait wait what do you what is this true?
Speaker 2: Who is this person? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Can't say it on the mic. This person is the Gemini.
Speaker 1: He's potentially well known. This person is a Gemini. And we went to go see Prometheus together in college, and I thought the whole time that something could happen. And I'm telling noyone who it is right now on on text, and that's who it is.
Speaker 2: I had a suspicion. Oh my god, I just I love that first name. By the way, me too, such a hot first name.
Speaker 1: Okay, so anymore all time, Sabrina Carpenter are short and sweet or else? Or should we move on to I don't think so, honey, you.
Speaker 2: Know, let's know what I just I do really want to put out there is so good Juno is so good. Of course, I think again, don't smile love. That is a closer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just love you don't have to lie to girt. They like you, they'll just light of himself.
Speaker 2: Like that's a great lyric. If they like you, they'll just liight to themselves like you.
Speaker 1: They'll just and I do think the highlight of the whole thing is I might let you make me juno and then she goes, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know I want to put out there once again. I'm looking for a husband. Yeah, that is the energy that I am six five test.
Speaker 1: Fun blue just kidding. Those are the worst.
Speaker 2: Those are the worst. That's that's danger. Let's be mind. I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 1: Let's be mind. I don't think so honey. This is our sixty second segment.
Speaker 2: This is Benjia something man. Yeah, okay, this is Matt Rogers. I don't think so many times it's now, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so, honey, Ben Affleck, and I'm on over it and I have actually done this is actually the trilogy because I've done. I don't think so, honey. Ben Affleck and j Loo critics the first time. When they first got together, I said, let her get her best nut if that's what she wants. Turns out now, I'm like, you know what, I should never have given that advice, because, you know what, she went back to her best nut and it blinded her. Sometimes your best nuts blindly. And then all of a sudden, here you are heartbroken because a man can't like only said, he was a man. And it's like Sabrina Carpenter said, because you leave like one doesn't make you a man. Okay, Ben Affleck, get it fucking together, and now he's dating Kick Kennedy. Give me a goddamn break. First of all, I don't think so, honey of the Kennedy's RFK Junior actually killed us all dead, you know what, Like I'm done. By the way, what microwave did that man go into? Because Jesus Christ, show hines, Hello, what is going on? What is going on?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Ben Affleck is in the family. I don't think so, honey, Ben Affleck, it's a mess. Get it together. And that's one minute. Crimson Banner, Crimson, that is that who? That is who you do not trust.
Speaker 2: We are done. We're done.
Speaker 1: We're done with the leos, We're done with this.
Speaker 2: Actually, this is an attack on Leo's full full out.
Speaker 1: Should this episode be called an attack on Leo's Yes?
Speaker 2: Not? What was the the other one? Aquarius bright silly?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like that was the last episode, the last title that we set up.
Speaker 1: Oh white, blessed and no no, no and bless.
Speaker 2: I No, I forgot itical sign Aaron Jackson trustworthy and trustworthy, hard worker, beast of burden. Oh we know you're stubborn.
Speaker 3: Loves Yes, well you're drinking orange juice.
Speaker 1: That that is a very tourist to not drink orange juice but drink tangerine juice.
Speaker 2: You would never make it at Honcho. I know I would. I would, I want to, but I think I would never survive. I would perish. And that's why the city smells nice when the boys were going.
Speaker 1: So this is bone Yang's. I don't think Sonny, I have it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did, just have it. Write something down. Oh no, no, no, I have it. I have it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is bone Yangs. I don't think so, honey. As time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, honey. Oasis reunion happening. This is a toxic relationship. This is the toxic brotherhood. The Gallagher brothers are not meant to be together anytime, Like this is the thing they like attack each other in the press, but then they always are like, but we might reunite. Stop it.
Speaker 1: This is such over it.
Speaker 2: I'm over it. Pick a lane, stick to it for the rest of your life, because guess what, we don't trust you. I like Oasis is one of those bands.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 2: Now it's like have they earned this kind of fervor and like media attention, Like I don't like they're not like Lauren Hill level to me where it's like we will just put up with the wacky behavior. These are two men who are so toxically bad to each other and to the world, and this little game of like we might reunite, and now we've reunited and we're playing all the shows only in London and Ireland, or only the UK and Ireland. I'm not coming to you, come to me.
Speaker 1: And that's one minute. Well, you know, I think two boring white people. Oasis is like.
Speaker 2: Lauren Hill Liam Yeah, sure, you know what I mean. Even Laurena will play a show and Lauren's not like Lauren's not aving like I'm doing another album. She's like no, I'll just tour with this one masterpiece of an album that I wrote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with arrangements that are different every single time, right.
Speaker 2: And Oasis, it's like, okay, besides, what's the story Morning Glory? Like I don't I can't tell you what they like. I'm sorry the Oasis heads out there, but it's like that's that's that's the that's the album, you know what I mean? Like otherwise it's it's slim Pickens.
Speaker 1: Just might surprise Slimpickens another highlight of that. Of course this might surprise people to hear, but I'm actually overhearing or knowing anything about celebrities. Like I know, we talked a lot about them today, but that's only because like that's the news outside of like the DNC.
Speaker 2: So this should what should this podcast be about? Now?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying it's just like I would rather talk about the things that they are a part of and doing, like behavior, but the behavior is what's forced down our throats, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I wonder, let's talk about the war.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the thing with it ends with us is like it was so difficult to market because it is essentially what it is that it's hard to get out there and stay with the movie. It really is. So they did lean into this whole thing of like the drama or whatever. Yes, like, and I don't know if if the movie like was a success and worked because of that, like financially and commercially, because it was like a huge fucking success, right, But also I guess the book is that famous.
Speaker 2: The book is that famous, but there are not They were supposed to be at a sequel in the works, and I don't think that sequal is happening anymore because of the drama.
Speaker 1: I see, So that's where we are.
Speaker 2: But see that this is the thing. It's like the behavior affects the work so much. Yeah, so yeah, well, well that's the summer. That's the summer. I think we will earnestly start. I think we have to start doing iconic four hundreds soon.
Speaker 1: Well you're difficult to get a hold of and pin down.
Speaker 2: I'll do a better job of responding everyone else.
Speaker 1: No, you've actually been the one being like, let's do this. I think when we do start the list, I just here's the last thing I want to say about Blake Lively. Looking at all the positives and there are so many. They're not gonna I'm not gonna let this like this press chore.
Speaker 2: The iconic four hundred is a celebration of these people.
Speaker 1: And she does having she has a care celebrate and you know what, I do like this photo.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just very Is there more pictures? When you when you think September is when you think Basi Lureman. You know it's a little muted. I think as a people's issue with it. God, September issue is so big. Yeah, you can't even find other pictures of her in here. I mean, it's just too much. It's too much. Oh, there's a great picture of Julia Robertson here. Good for her. She needs one. She needs she needs a good picture. She needs to be photographed more. All right, well, listen, this has been less culturation. Do u libre myself. We're gonna enjoy the rest of our vacation. We hope wherever you are in the world, you are having a nice wind down of your summer winter. If you're in the summer southern hemisphere, and uh and Leo's really, think about what you've done, Think about what you've done. Consider changing signs, isn't it.
Speaker 1: A bummer that they also get like the heart of the summer too, like they get to feel.
Speaker 2: Whatever falls where it's at. We're so excited for fall.
Speaker 1: Oh can I also say there are some leos out there that I really like?
Speaker 2: Of course here, let's let's look at famous ones at least, let's let's end on a positive note. Yes, best Leo. Jennifer Lawrence love her Jalo is also the leo. Oh wow.
Speaker 1: See that's why that's why we're talking about it is because Madonna's a leo.
Speaker 2: Kylie Jenners Leo. This says it all.
Speaker 1: Daniel Radcliffe, Megan markoles a leo.
Speaker 2: Daniel Radcliffe is a demure leo.
Speaker 1: Barack Obama is a LEO.
Speaker 2: Sure sure that tracks Lisa Kudrou, Demi Levado, du Alipa.
Speaker 1: All these people love attention. Charlie Stared, Oh wow, Mick Jagger, Whitney Houston, Joe Jonas.
Speaker 2: See we do love leo's we lovely as We're just kidding, y'all. Best sign, best sign bye. We always had with the song big Is.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that was.
Speaker 2: Oh should we tell them our new bit? What's the bet?
Speaker 1: When someone is saying something you don't like. In the middle of the sentence, you start calling like this, tell me something. I really don't like Long Islands. I stuck it too, which aeronne? I get that actual, but it used to growl.
Speaker 2: And barw le.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty scary.
Speaker 2: Huh wow, maybe we have blue energy biguins.
Speaker 3: Why by.
Speaker 2: Last culture istis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and Then I Heart Radio podcasts.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang. Executive produced by Ana Hasnier and Hans Sonni.
Speaker 2: Produced by Becker Ramos, edited mixed by Doug BABEIMNIFLA board
Speaker 1: And our music is by Henry Kuberski.