Speaker 1: Alexis on a scale of one to ten. How uncool am I going to sound if I call today's brand new Second Date update a doozy doozy?
Speaker 2: Oh that's not even gonna rank. I don't even know where that's hut.
Speaker 3: I mean it was though, welcome to the podcast. We're so glad you're here, and I was.
Speaker 1: Sorry, put your hands in the air when this woman describes what she quote unquote does for a living.
Speaker 3: I am sorry, I am sorry.
Speaker 4: Go home.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not even the right thing on a scale.
Speaker 2: I'm eleven for jealous of her job.
Speaker 3: Lexus, all right, you're gonna hear it in just a second. But first the comments, what do you got? Alexis?
Speaker 2: All right? Megel Doney said, my seven year old absolutely loves your show and asked if he could be the new host and if it could be brooking Charles in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, immediately, I mean, Charles feels like we should do a real, like fancy show, same as Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Jeff should be cut out. I agree. I'm just imagining jeff in a little year old in a suit.
Speaker 3: It's just kicking over and they're both wearing crowns and suits. Yeah, and they have the same level of potty humor. Yeah, I think it'll work. I like it all right, here's your second date update right now.
Speaker 4: Second date update date.
Speaker 5: An important part of any blossoming relationship is the first time a woman corrects her man and tells him he messed up. You need to do better.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, this has to happen.
Speaker 5: It's such a special moment because we need that as guys. If left to our own devices, we'll wear four gallons of axe body spray and think it smells good. We'll wash our cashmere sweaters in hot water.
Speaker 3: Oh, we love.
Speaker 1: Jeff?
Speaker 3: Is that what you do?
Speaker 5: Are we not supposed to?
Speaker 3: Can we be mothers to every man?
Speaker 5: Goodness for women being there to correct us so we can learn and go.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's how it works.
Speaker 6: You never have.
Speaker 3: To use your own brain.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of women will wait a few dates to correct there man, but not our listener, Monica. She told the guy he messed up on night one, yikes for his benefit.
Speaker 4: Broke.
Speaker 3: No, it's nice, it is.
Speaker 5: That's what happened, Monica. Welcome to the show. Was that intro to your liking? Or could I have done better?
Speaker 4: No? You hit it?
Speaker 5: Ye Wow, that's not just made my day, Monica, Thank.
Speaker 4: You so much.
Speaker 1: I'm always so curious why someone says a guy messes up and then still wants to call him for.
Speaker 3: Another date all that.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll get into that, but let's start with what's this guy's name?
Speaker 4: Who did you go out with? Okay, so I met Isaac online and he seemed really cool. I like his personality, I like his looks definitely.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of potential there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I really liked him because there's a lot of guys on this app that there will catch you forever. I don't do the back and forth, back and forth thing, but he came right down with it. He's like, I want to take you out o.
Speaker 1: Confident Yeah, and all the action that is just living in this weird world of like what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, that's a good note for men, because the more you talk, the more opportunities you're giving yourself to say something stupid and we will do that. Yes, Okay, good for Isaac. Now I'm not going to say much more, just keep.
Speaker 4: Going what happened? Yes, he says, pick me up and take me to the nice restaurant, So you know, I got up in my nice little dress, thinking yeah, hey, and then he came close up, he got out, he opened my door. Oh okay, yeah, he was a very nice I got lie. He was nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, so everything's working in his favor right now.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering where things start to turn and you have to step in.
Speaker 4: And as soon as we got off the highway and I'm like, oh no, because I see Buffalo wow Wings.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, let go.
Speaker 3: Are you excited about that or not excited?
Speaker 4: I'm not excited at all. I'm just paying from Buffalo woweing to my cold go with my whole girls, excited for now.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that he's taking you there for a date and you're not feeling.
Speaker 4: That you expect okay, a lot better, not a little look. He puts it in park. He gets out of a car, comes around and opens my door like a perfect gentleman he is. And I said, please close my door.
Speaker 5: You said close, You said close the door while you're still.
Speaker 1: In the car.
Speaker 4: I said, please close my door.
Speaker 3: Well it's nice to reply, let's close my door.
Speaker 4: And I think that he thought I was kidding, because he was like, be there.
Speaker 1: I'm like hello, So you're going to force him to take you somewhere else.
Speaker 4: I don't force anybody do anything. I'm letting him know. Please close my door, because I don't do buffalow wild wings at a date.
Speaker 3: That is that a messy food. It's a terrible first date.
Speaker 2: It sucks your address and stuff together. Also, especially uncomfortable, uncomfortab.
Speaker 5: I don't want to like sit and drink beers and watch sports and scream and spilled beers.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you what I don't want to do on a day. I don't want to watch the whole grown man lick his fingers.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna write that down sexy when we sucked on the bone.
Speaker 3: So did he finally listen to you and shut the door?
Speaker 4: Yes, he did. He shut the door. I said, I got three choices for you, and he picked a nice cocktail bar and I said, okay, cool. I thought, okay, he didn't know, right, he didn't know. I told him, let's go.
Speaker 5: Also, and he adapted and he would offended by the way.
Speaker 4: Like he seemed more confused than offended.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's that's a standard. You know, mental headspace for mens constant.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: How was it though?
Speaker 1: When you got to the cocktail bar? Were you able to still keep a good energy together?
Speaker 4: Yes? He asked me questions about what had just happened. I'm like, yo, I'm a lady for real, I want silk aware, I don't want plastic utensils. So he was like, okay, I never thought of that something what a real lady like.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he actually appreciated the education on how to properly woo a woman.
Speaker 1: I don't know he appreciated it because he's not calling you back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh man, that's a good question. Appreciate it, And that's what I'm calling you.
Speaker 3: See, I would be insulted.
Speaker 2: See, I'm thinking that's the reason he wasn't getting second dates before, and now he's got it down.
Speaker 3: She taught him too well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's what a lot of women get upset when they're like, oh great, I cleaned up my guy, just for the next one to come and like swipe him up.
Speaker 3: He's taking ten girls of that cocktail bar.
Speaker 4: We gotta get down to the nitty gritty because I want to know because I think I get everything right, and I taught him how to do everything right.
Speaker 5: And I want you deserve a medal and definitely a second date here.
Speaker 3: But what if he feels like you're too high maintenance, then screw that.
Speaker 5: Cot a real woman, then you'll lay into him, go fullheard against him, right Bro, that's where you come in. You do your thing.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I just think that if you have some boundaries like that, they should be established before the date, not when you're in the middle of it.
Speaker 4: But look, he's the one to ask me out and I accepted, right, Yeah, so you're gonna learn me on the date, and that's what he did. If he didn't like what he learned, he's gonna responded, you haven't pulled a whole radio show to find out what's ram with you. No, I can't wait to hear this.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear it too, So hopefully he picks up. But we're gonna come back. We'll call Isaac for you and figure out why in the world he would not be calling back a classy woman like yourself, Monica.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a cloth napkin type of lady.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: Let's get some answers when we do your second date update right after this hold on.
Speaker 6: Second date update.
Speaker 5: If you're just joining us. We've been speaking to a true hero. Her name is Monica heroically swooped in and save her date, Isaac from pulling a total rookie move when he tried to bring here to Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Wild Wings and that.
Speaker 5: Wasn't gonna fly with her, So Monica refused to get out of his car in order to show him this is not where you take a lady of substance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely had a miscommunication of what a dinner date.
Speaker 5: Looks like, but instead they ended up at a nice cocktail bar and they did it the proper way, where she actually discovered Isaac's a pretty good guy as some gentlemanly qualities something to work with. So the question is why is he not reaching out for cocktails? Round two, Monica. Is it possible that maybe he saw your helpful sense a teaching abilities as a little bit condescending.
Speaker 4: That's a possibility. I just wish he would have expressed that to me personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you seem like a person who can take criticism, constructive criticism.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, if I could hit it, I definitely could take it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. That's a good attitude to have. It doesn't happen often on this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, would you like to criticize her constructively before we do this call? Is that where you're going?
Speaker 1: She knows who she is, she knows what she wants, and she wants to go out with Isaac.
Speaker 5: So okay, So Brooke, you're scared of her and you're afraid to say anything.
Speaker 3: I think Isaac will be scared and it will be afraid to say no. So I think you're getting a date, no matter one. I also like to scare men.
Speaker 2: She seems like you broke.
Speaker 5: You're going to intimidate this guy and yes to a date. But let's see what he asked to say if he picks up the phone.
Speaker 6: But here we go. Hello, Hey is this Isaac? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hey man, we're a radio show. You're on it right now. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, Isaac. Hey, good morning.
Speaker 6: Why is a radio show calling me?
Speaker 5: Uh? Well, it's kind of a good reason. We do a segment on this show. It's called a second Date up eight. It sounds like you haven't heard it, but this is a segment where we help out our listeners who've been on a date with someone, and afterwards, they're not getting a call back to go on a second one.
Speaker 6: I think I have heard of it. I think I've seen this online somewhere or once something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of them are viral on TikTok.
Speaker 5: They're on there. You can follow us at Brooke and Jeffery if you want to.
Speaker 6: No pressure.
Speaker 5: But basically the reason that we're calling you is there's a woman named Monica who asked us to get a hold of you.
Speaker 6: Hey, yeah, I met Monica.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, we know you.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you guys could have had a great date.
Speaker 6: Did she What did she tell you? What did she tell you?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I guess the general recap of what we heard from her is you picked her up, then you took her to Buffalo Wild Wings quick, which she uh politely redirected over to a cocktail bar.
Speaker 6: Well politely we directed it be wrong.
Speaker 3: Jeff.
Speaker 5: She's our friend, so you know we're not going to be rude.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I wasn't rude either. She just simply kind of barked closed my door.
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 6: At first? I just stood there like, what do you mean? You like there's a bug about to get inside my car? I was like, okay, so I close the door and I go back to my side of the car. I get in and she explains to me like, hey, I don't do Buffalo Wild Wings And I was like, yeah, all right. I mean the reason why I chose the Buffalo Wild Wings because in these new dating apps, it's better to start out something very casual another date, we graduate to something a little better.
Speaker 3: But wait, did you explain all of that to her? What you just told us why you chose it.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't explain any of that to her, and also didn't tell her this. I own that Buffalo Wild Wings.
Speaker 3: You own it a franchisee.
Speaker 2: You're gonna take her to your own job though.
Speaker 3: For civil ex accept you get free food. Yeah, guys, he's a business owner.
Speaker 6: Ca Okay, So look, so look, I'm gonna be honest. I'm still a gentleman. She wanted to go somewhere a little bit better, so we made our way to this great cocktail lounge that I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what changed your mind to where now you're not reaching out to her for a second date?
Speaker 6: Okay, So, while we're kind of enjoying each other's company, it's the cocktail bar. I started asking you a little bit more about her life, and of course we get to like, what do we do for a living?
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: She kind of skated around it for a while till she came to an answer I've never heard in my entire life.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 6: She says she's a stay at home daughter.
Speaker 5: A stay at home daughter.
Speaker 3: She's got to be joking a joke.
Speaker 6: No, it's not a joke. That's what she told me. Her occupation at thirty one years old is that she's a stay at home daughter.
Speaker 2: Yes, I supposed to be stay home girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I mean yes, that is a real fancy way to say you're unemployed and live with mom and dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you were turned off because she doesn't have enough ambition or drive or.
Speaker 4: All right, we got we gotta cut this right here. Okay, I don't know what's going on, all.
Speaker 5: Right, I don't want to make her mad. But Isaac, that's Monica on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 6: Clearly, it's Monica.
Speaker 3: Clearly, maybe she's on her parents' landline.
Speaker 4: You better watch yourself. You're supposed to be with me here.
Speaker 5: Okay, Monica, clearly you want to jump in and say something, so go ahead and talk to Isaac.
Speaker 4: Hello, Isaac, how are you.
Speaker 6: Hi, Monica from your mom's couch. Are you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no no. Let me tell you something, Isaac. I don't know what's the disrespect about. I thought we got along pretty well on our date. We had a good time. I didn't know you had a problem with my daily occupation.
Speaker 3: What is the I don't wish it.
Speaker 1: But we're parents, like elderly. Do you stay home and take care of them? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 4: We're just no, they're perfectly healthy. They just take care of me, their baby girl, and I always will be okay.
Speaker 6: Monica, guess who else is perfectly healthy? You are get a job?
Speaker 4: You know what? Let me tell you something. I am perfectly healthy. Yes I am, as you could see. And if I had to get a job, I would, But guess what, I don't have to.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Don't you want a job?
Speaker 1: Don't you want your own career? Don't you have your own dreams and ambitions?
Speaker 4: Like yes, my dream and my ambition is sitting at home, playing on my day, going into what I have to do and finding a man. If don't take care of me, so my parents could stop.
Speaker 3: So that's your goal, Brooke.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you're judging her there, and she explicitly asked you not to do.
Speaker 1: So it's really hard not to, right because you would never date a guy who is doing what you do.
Speaker 4: You are exactly right, and they shouldn't. A man shouldn't do what I do. My bro is to be taken care of. That's my love language. I love to be taken care of. And if it works, it works.
Speaker 2: The old school chivalry and stuff.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine imagine being a man going and meeting your parents for the first time.
Speaker 5: That sounds like all of them, Alace, what's your dowry?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, Isaac, now that she's explained this a little bit more, you're probably more receptive to going out with her more time.
Speaker 6: Look. Look, I wish Monica the best. It's just not the best with me. Oh you have great life, Monica. I hope you find a guy slash simp it will take care what I don't think.
Speaker 4: So, Isaac, you're gonna take me out and that's just the way it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: I love how you want to be.
Speaker 2: The boss, but you don't want to do any of the work to a box.
Speaker 4: A boss doesn't work.
Speaker 3: No, I a boss.
Speaker 4: You don't want to make And that is the problem. Y'all just don't understand, and clearly I don't understand being a whole business owner and want to take me to his little budget wing stop.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be honest with you, Monica. See, there's a difference. There's a difference between a boss and a leader. You're not a leader.
Speaker 4: I never said I was a leader. I never said that.
Speaker 6: I am a leader. I'm a leader.
Speaker 4: Okay, But you could have been a man and leave my act. You could have told me that why are you dodg didn't running.
Speaker 6: No one's dodging or running. What I'm doing is ghosting.
Speaker 4: Whoa okay? And I don't need him. I don't need him anyway.
Speaker 3: I don't need each other.
Speaker 4: He hung up.
Speaker 3: By the way, get a job?
Speaker 2: You don't brook You.
Speaker 5: Know what you need to do is you need to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and spend your parents' money over there.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not going in no more. Look, I'm going to the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're going to be on the phone a lot with your expectations for dating.
Speaker 4: Well, that's okay. Look, I got a lot of time. Boom boom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 5: And are your parents hiring for any open roles in your family?
Speaker 3: Because I would love to be a party?
Speaker 4: Oh that good, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, we all learned a new job today. It's stay at home daughter, a job.
Speaker 2: I'll have flying right now texting my mom?
Speaker 1: You would last I give you two days back home with your parents?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Isaac?
Speaker 3: Today Mom's house.
Speaker 5: Isaac did not like it. Obviously Brooke does not respect it either. But okay, Brook, let me ask you this, okay, would it have changed how you felt if Monica was twenty one years compared to thirty one? Would you give her more grace?
Speaker 3: If she's not going to school, she should be working.
Speaker 4: No, that's right.
Speaker 5: Brooke believes you should start working at a six in one of her overseas factories. So, parents, if you're lazy, first grader is still mooching off of you as a stay at home child, Yeah, and then text in seventy five nine two. Brook'll whip them into shit.
Speaker 3: Let me give you some parenting tips, yes.
Speaker 5: And if not parenting tips, we can hopefully at least give you a little bit of dating help. You can email the show, we can call that person who's not calling you back. And go check out all of our second day podcasts. Wherever you get yours, they're up at Brook and Jeffrey Brook
Speaker 3: And Jeffrey in the morning