Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and and he drawn and seeing hand waving confusion. Thanks's some sort of audio difficulty there.
Speaker 3: It has been corrected. Okay, this is going well so far.
Speaker 1: It's a good start.
Speaker 3: It's a good Thank God.
Speaker 4: The spaceflight with the chickstra went off more smoothly than this. Yeah, we've been to imagine if we lost Gail King.
Speaker 1: We'd been mocking that, and look, if we had been in charge, that's what would have happened.
Speaker 3: We would have lost Gail King and Katy Perry.
Speaker 1: Okay, today much to contemplate today Wednesday, we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 3: I'm going with autism researchers.
Speaker 4: Okay, of attention and discussion lately about autism and its causes. Our FK Junior made a hell of a statement, But that's just part of the discussion as we try to understand what it is, where it's coming from, and if there's any thing that can be done to prevent it.
Speaker 3: Is that why it's in the news so much because of what r FK Junior.
Speaker 1: Said Oh that's part of it. Yeah, okay, cool, And I'm all for talking about that. It doesn't get talked about enough.
Speaker 3: Do you have?
Speaker 1: And we don't have to talk about this here. I just I'm it bothers me a little bit that I don't feel like I've got my head wrapped around the Is he a gang member? Is he not a gang member? Sent to El Salvador court? Thing coming back? Blah blah blah. I don't feel like I got head wrapped around that. Do you feel like you have your head wrapped increasingly?
Speaker 3: Yes, Although it's funny.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say on that topic, the more I learn about it, the more interesting it becomes and the less clear it becomes. As most stories, the way it's presented in most of the media is oversimplified, and really, you know, the conflict the Trump versus somebody else's.
Speaker 3: Aspect of its really played.
Speaker 4: I can opposed to the Wow, this is really an interesting question before the courts?
Speaker 1: All right? Can we start here before we get into even the complicated part. Is he an MS thirteen gang member or not?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 1: Court?
Speaker 3: From what I understand? Tell me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I was watching MSNBC last night as I've been trying to understand the story. More story more, saying the Trump administration claiming he's a gang member without evidence. Fox and Friends watching it this morning says, two courts have said he's an MS thirteen gang member.
Speaker 3: I don't know that to be true.
Speaker 1: It could be, it could be the See this is where it gets fishy.
Speaker 3: It's like saying.
Speaker 4: The court's found Trump guilty of molesting that gal in the department store. No, it's a very different standard of proof for a civil trials.
Speaker 3: He was found civilly liable. Okay.
Speaker 4: There's a very different standard of proof for like a conviction for gang activity as opposed to immigration naturalization, saying, look, dudes here illegally, we have reasonably he's an MS thirteen guy. We want to heave his ass out, and the court says, yeah, okay, go ahead. It's a very different standard proof. So I want to be careful about how I state various things. And is him being a gang member merely a political question? As in practically everybody in America wants MS thirteen gang members kicked out, and they don't unfortunately or unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Don't care about the method that is used to do that. But politically. I'm just talking politically here. It was a it would be a win to kick out gang members. Oh yeah, But legally speaking, is it make a difference with due process or anything whether or not he's a gang member?
Speaker 3: No? Is.
Speaker 4: He's a good person. I wouldn't think so. But yeah, and again, and this is where it gets so fudgy. You said, if he is a gang member, what do you mean by he is? Depends on what the meaning of his is, Monica. So he could have been a gang member and he could say I quit two years ago.
Speaker 3: I'm right, or you say I am. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I demand a hearing. I've never been any damn gang.
Speaker 4: But if to courts say he is, he is, isn't he legally speaking? Well no, That's what I'm trying to say is they didn't necessarily find O wee hairby rule this man is an MS thirteen member. They just said to the ins, okay, if you want to go and kick him out. There was no finding whatsoever, because I don't know what the process is if you're an illegal. He had a final deportation order. He just wasn't supposed to be deported to El Salvador for what was a fairly weak from what I understand, claim that a gang will take you know, they'll knock my head in if I show back up in El Salvador.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: And according to commentators who I know and trust and aren't like always on Trump's side, in fact off and against it, have said his asylum claim was pretty weak. So if you watch Fox, he's always referred to as an MS thirteen gang member. Democrats are trying to get an MS thirteen gang member back into the country blah blah blah, or said. If you watch anything else mainstream news or other cable channels, they refer to the person as a Maryland father and Little League coach, right, because of course one could never be both. I mean, well, yeah, that's it. Certainly couches it differently. Oh yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's ridiculous. Yeah, I don't know. I get so tired of the the pandury media.
Speaker 3: Uh maybe I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's age or cynicism, but I find the actual questions so much more interesting than.
Speaker 1: My ij You're fine, dumb, I mean, I just I'm tired of it, right, Yeah, I agree, it's a more interesting question to say he was a member of a really, really bad gang. But everybody gets due process, so we were figuring that that makes it a more interesting story, not less. So, yeah, what are our standards for kicking somebody out of the country? And I know a lot of folks listening right now would say he's an illegal immigrant. You know what, just prove that I don't care if he's an MS thirteen guy or or volunteers.
Speaker 3: At his local orphanage. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: And I have a fair amount of sympathy for that argument.
Speaker 4: Here here's one part I've had very very interesting because I hadn't understood it until yesterday that Trump and Marco Rubio was being quite forceful in saying a judge has no role in dictating this country's foreign policy. And at the time I thought that sounds kind of like a stretch, because the judges said you deported him wrongly.
Speaker 3: One of your lawyers admitted it.
Speaker 4: Although that guy's on leave now and so you got to undeport him.
Speaker 3: But now I get the argument that Marco was.
Speaker 4: Making, which is, so I have a judge telling me I need to contact a foreign government and negotiate some sort of compromise. In our relationship with that country, which is expressly foreign policy, which is exclusively given to the executive branch to execute.
Speaker 1: And the president of that country saying I have got I haven't got the power to grab somebody out of prison and ship him to another country. That's what it probably does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a bit of kabooki theater going on there too politically, But like I said, that's I find all that much more interesting than just my side, yea, your side boom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But at the base very beginning of the story of whether or not we can grab somebody like that and boot him out without due process, that ought to be figured out. Sure, yeah, I'm all for that. But and the reason.
Speaker 4: Being, in case you're not hip to this sort of thing, so very briefly, is if people like us say no, the president can do whatever he wants because he's right. Well, when President AOC is in office, God help us, and starts, you know, deporting anybody who loves this country, you know, and and come here illegally but as a or just there are a thousand different examples of suspending you know, the due process that we're guaranteed by the Constitution. Let's tiptoe very carefully into that minefield. That's all we're saying, because the shoe is going to be on the other foot soon.
Speaker 3: Sure, he's inevitable always happen.
Speaker 1: Declared Trump supporters a terrorist group, and so give them lesser rights than everyone else.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, you got some jackass or riots or shoot somebody in the name of up with Trump, and all of a sudden, the greatest terrorist threat. You remember when when Biden in company, we're saying, the greatest terrorist threat against the United States is these right wingers. Oh yeah, because we've seen a lot of that. Huh. Anyway, think what they could do if you know, they could get played really fast and loose with due process, but politically, just politically.
Speaker 1: So you got some Democrats that are going to go over there and visit the guy in prison, is the plan. I don't think that. I don't think that's a win for you. I think the average barely paying attention to American is just going to see you standing up for MS thirteen when nine out of ten Americans want them booted out of the country.
Speaker 3: So I don't think that's going to work for him the way they think it is going to.
Speaker 4: I agree completely like the boys whooping up on girls in sports thing. They are on by far, I mean by a million miles the wrong side of that issue.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, And you know, we gotta move on because because I'm dying and I won't be here for the rest of it. But also Britain's Supreme Court just hours ago ruled that trans women do not fall within the legal definition of women under the country's equality legislation. And they're all kinds of ripples that come out of that ruling. And it was women fighting it and standing up and saying is particularly in Ireland, a women's group saying, you can't have they passed a law that you had fifty you had to have fifty to fifty men women on these various boards or trans women on there. Regular women said that doesn't count, that's not cool, and fought that, And now Britain has ruled no, no, no, you got to be a born a woman, biological woman.
Speaker 3: Woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's only one kind of woman, biological woman. I consider that term redundant, and that's gonna ripple out into bathrooms and all that other stuff. So we got to talk about that later. Let's start officially. I'm Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 1: He's Joe Getty on this it is Wednesday, April sixteenth, they or twenty twenty five or Armstrong and gettying, and we approve of this program.
Speaker 4: Let's begin then officially according to FCC rules and regulations, Ladies and gentlemen, here we go at Mark.
Speaker 5: I really resent that people are calling it a ride. We duplicated the trajectory of Alan Shepherd's flight back in the day. No one called that a ride. A ride sounds frivolous, it sounds insignificant.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 5: This was a bona fide flight. So you know, I say, I'm sorry. There are haters.
Speaker 1: There's always gonna got the clown show is over.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's let me in that camp. A lot of people are bothered by the whole crew fighting as a crew, Like when you take Southwest from San Francisco to La are you a part of the crew, a flight crew, No, you're a passenger. It was a ride there, sorry, Gail King, it was a ride. You just looked out the window.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: Some people think this is just a ride, and inconsequential, yes, we do.
Speaker 3: I think it was a ride.
Speaker 4: And in cut and then and then Alan Shepherd sang, what a wonderful world to John Glenn.
Speaker 1: He did, Oh my God, didn't cry. Everyone cried.
Speaker 4: Get very reminiscent of those early space flights, the Mercury Mission.
Speaker 1: That is funny. Okay, we've got Katie's headlines on the way. Hi, I'm Katy Perry. Let's go to space perfect. All that's on the waist to hear. I'm interested to see if this ruling by the Supreme Court in Great Britain gets any traction here in the United States. It was a nine to nothing ruling. By the way, this The New York Times doesn't mention that until the last paragraph. It was a unanimous decision. No, no, trans women don't count.
Speaker 3: So no, you don't get to do that as a regular woman. Yeah. I just I don't even like to term trans women.
Speaker 4: I think it begs the question in the classical meaning of that phrase. It the very statement says that they are women. Anyway, who's reporting what's the lead story with Katie Green?
Speaker 6: Katie Fireway starting with ABC News, China says it's quote never afraid to fight amid tariff throats.
Speaker 4: There you go, all right, yeah, yeah, we know you're always saying stuff like that we'll fight till the end.
Speaker 3: We'll fight.
Speaker 1: You can't take as we're mighty, we're powerful, we'll fight.
Speaker 3: Okay, great.
Speaker 6: From the Washington Post. Judge says Department Justice. Department must provide details of attempts to return accidentally illegally deported man.
Speaker 1: So the Supreme Court says, you gotta bring him back, but it's not clear you have to make the effort to bring him back, or what's enough effort to bring him back.
Speaker 4: And the initial order, which was supported by the Supreme Court, said you must facilitate him coming back. And Trump said, so if he comes back, we won't keep him out. That's facilitating And the judge said that's not facilitating enough.
Speaker 1: And this is probably going back to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 6: From the cal Globe, Harvard now offers remedial math, acknowledging America's math collapse.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about the whole battle with Harvard and.
Speaker 4: The Trump and the administration trying to become like a papa to Harvard and supervise their hiring, their curriculum and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Not really comfortable with that. So you can get into Harvard and need remedial math, Yeah, yeah, yeah, wow, and writing too from the Free Beacon, the Geezer is back.
Speaker 6: Biden says, quote, roughly thirty percent of Americans.
Speaker 1: Have no heart.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: From the Wall Street Journal. I don't know if you guys are talking about this on the air off the air, but from the.
Speaker 6: Wall Street Journal, Trump and his is gold guy are redecorating the White House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know set one. The other day we saw a picture Trump sitting there and behind him. Wow, where'd all the gold come from? It's already happened there in the oval. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just saw the headline read like a sentence of it. But his guy who gold plates everything for him at mar A Lago, has been turned loose on the White House, I guess more or less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's lots of gold trimming edges, stuff that looks like you're in a Chinese restaurant.
Speaker 3: It's the Gold House now. Yes.
Speaker 6: From page six. Katie Perry dissed by fast food giant Wendy's after Blue Origin spaceflight quote can we send her back?
Speaker 3: Oh what?
Speaker 6: They also tweeted a photo of her kissing the ground afterwards, with the caption I kissed the ground and I liked it.
Speaker 1: I'm Katy Perry.
Speaker 3: All right, Katie, So that's just.
Speaker 4: Wendy's, which has become famous, fairly famous for its snarky and funny social media presence, has nothing to do with it whatsoever.
Speaker 6: Right now from the New York Post, bride under fire for picking ugly bridesmaids quote, you don't want people who will outshine you?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What that a thing?
Speaker 1: I didn't worry about how good looking your bid is. I didn't know this until I read this article.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've heard that.
Speaker 4: I'm just is it a specific woman who's getting bashed?
Speaker 6: This is a specific bride? Yes, but it's bringing the trend to attention.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 6: And finally the battleon b California mandates homeowners install wheelchair ramps on porches for disabled burglars.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's almost place has to have a sense of humor.
Speaker 3: By the way, yes, it's almost believable that California would do that.
Speaker 1: You have to have ramps in case somebody wants to steal the packages off your porch.
Speaker 3: We'll get into some more.
Speaker 1: News of the day.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: And get the price of coffee is higher than ever and this is before the terriffs hit. Can you imagine the mental health.
Speaker 3: Crisis we are going to have in this country.
Speaker 1: If people can't afford coffee in the morning, the number of workplace stabbings is about to go through the room workplace stabbings.
Speaker 3: No kidding.
Speaker 1: I know someone who wears a T shirt regularly that says, coffee makes me less murdery. It's amazing how ramped up you can be if you're a caffeine addict and haven't had your caffeine yet. It's quite something.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, it's been so long since I've been denied, I'm not sure how I would be.
Speaker 1: I would act oh good for you, really just grumpy? You know who can tell the difference. We're going to get into some of the autism stuff that's been in the news a lot, and we will a little bit later. RFK Junior, in his very unique way, has brought autism back into the world as a topic, which it's surprising that he ever left, but has been said about trying to figure out what causes it and how we deal with it and diagnose it and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: So we'll be getting into that a little bit later.
Speaker 1: I mentioned this big announcement that Britain Supreme Court rule that trans women do not fall within the legal definition of women under the country's equality legislation. I wonder if that's going to have any ripples in the United States. I can't imagine how it would not. I can read a little bit from it. The landmark judgment, which said that the legal definition of a woman is based on biological sex, is a blow to campaigners for transgender rights. This is The New York Times writing, and could have far reaching consequences for how the law is applied in Britain to single sex spaces, equal pay claims, and maternity policies. Yeah, I'd say far reaching consequences, as in, if you were if you're calling yourself a trans woman, you're not going to get to go into the women's bathroom under the current rulings. Almost certainly, yes, Katie, I saw.
Speaker 6: I saw this great meme earlier that said having men in women's locker rooms?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: I don't even like it when my husband's in the bathroom with me, which is so true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's something we men would not understand. This follows a year's long battle over whether trains women can be regarded as female under Britain's twenty ten Equality Act, which aims to prevent discrimination. But it was a nine nothing decision of the court that the terms woman and sex and the Equality Act twenty ten refer to biological women and biological sex only, so they can if a place wants to, certainly can expand that very easily to bathroom sports, whatever the heck you want to apply it to nine nothing. I can't even believe this is a conversation.
Speaker 3: And well, I think that's where most Americans are.
Speaker 1: In fact, polling shows it is like eighty twenty ninety ten that say, yes, I can't believe.
Speaker 3: This is even a conversation. I believe this even had to go to the.
Speaker 1: But it's it's the only time that I can think of in my life that Europe has been to the right of us on an issue, and the liberal left has to feel like Europe is out of step and that we're more enlightened than they are by continuing to push this whole trans thing because Europe has been against the operating on kids and everything for a long time. You know, It's funny though, on COVID Europe was the same way. Europe was more reasonable than us on COVID. Mm hm wow, a bunch of bigots. Yeah, it's a little problematic anyway, this is something that happened overnight, and I'll be interested to see what kind of news coverage that gets. Speaking of COVID, which I rarely do and don't want to, it just occurred to me. I was talking to our executive producer Hansen, whose kid is sick with the same symptoms I have. I have full on COVID symptoms. I went to the doctor I had and I didn't even cross my mind that I'm I'd have COVID and I haven't taken a COVID test. And I went to the doctor and the word COVID was never mentioned. They didn't even test me, which doesn't take but like five seconds, and lost anything. No test for COVID. So I go in with a sore throat, running nose and a cough and nobody mentions COVID or does a swab, just real quick to find out. I guess that's where we are, which is good. I don't want to hear about it or think about it, but COVID is so Last week, Jack apparently even at a doctor's office in California, didn't even come up as an option. I can't believe. I can't believe they didn't test you right off the bat. I'm surprised. Also, Wow, So I guess we're done. I think that's when we're officially done when in the town I live in California, you go to the doctor with my symptoms and nobody even thinks about it. Right, it's finally, thank God over.
Speaker 3: I'll move on with our lives.
Speaker 6: Please inform those that I still see driving alone in their car wearing a mask.
Speaker 1: Although I did have COVID once to do the Paxslavid and it got me over it like immediately. So if I have COVID, I wouldn't mind, you know, knowing and jumping on the packs of Lovid so that I could get over this disease. Yeah, I did the exact same thing.
Speaker 6: The only problem I have is packs Lovid made everything.
Speaker 1: Tastes horrible for how long.
Speaker 6: The entire time I was on it, plus probably a day or two afterwards.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Well, Hanson brought it up because his son has lost his sense of smell or taste whichever you said, Hanson, And yeah, COVID d not even mentioned.
Speaker 3: I'll be darned really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went, I go to the doctor with these symptoms. The word never mentioned, no test.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm especially shocked by but the loss of smell and taste, and it didn't well that comes, that's hands and skit.
Speaker 3: I don't have any idea what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't know that's where we were.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh we got mail bag coming up in a little bit. We've got to get into some of the stuff that's going on with Iran. There's talk out today that they're like seventy two hours away from being able to build a bomb or something like that. You know, we're always seeing that sort of thing and getting ready to bomb the but Jesus out of something. And then we'll get to all that autism stuff, which I'm really looking forward to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm speaking of COVID.
Speaker 4: Mike Gallagher, who is one of my favorite Congress people, is out with an article calling for accountability and declassification of everything connected to the Wuhan Institute and Anthony Fauci and the COVID cover up and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Love it fantastic, all on the way. I hope you can stay here. I don't think this is higher getting too much attention the fact that Stephen A. Smith, the most famous sports reporter in America, is talking about seriously looking at running for president.
Speaker 3: I think that's a I think that's a pretty big deal. And we can talk about that later.
Speaker 1: Later as in mid twenty seven, late twenty twenty six. I'm a reasonable man.
Speaker 3: I'll compromise.
Speaker 1: Hey, presidential election, Well, the old one's over. That means we'd start talking about the new one.
Speaker 3: Here's your freedom of me quote of the day.
Speaker 4: Oh in next hour, continuing on with our series of neighbors screaming at each other like lunatics, Oh boy, Voltaire said this, Jack, it is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Then, as long as we're quoting Euros, how about this from Johann Wolfgang van Getta. Okay, none are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna sure I fully understand.
Speaker 3: Either of those quotes. Not sophisticated enough.
Speaker 4: I think Voltaire was talking about how and the founding Papa has understood this.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of folks who don't want liberty.
Speaker 4: They don't want freedom because freedom and responsibility are twins?
Speaker 3: Yeah Truett, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mailbag not strusting old enough is definitely my brand. I that was just an unfair shot because I have not air. That's a completely accurate shot.
Speaker 4: I mean we could go into the quote if you'd like, maybe next hour. Let's see this from bad Tim Did I give the email address Mailbag?
Speaker 3: And I'm string to get it dot com guys.
Speaker 4: I wish AI was advanced enough to make a reboot of the.
Speaker 1: Tom Hanks classic Apollo thirteen.
Speaker 4: But with Katy Perry and Gail King dealing with the problems, it could be awesome. Yeah, that's funny, Houston, we have a problem, says Katie Perry.
Speaker 1: Let's see Gail King claps back at criticism, writes Daniel Yes, it is criticism served up with finely tuned mockery and ridicule. The wealth of material surrounding the Blue Origin flight has enabled these ask oats to turn average people on social media into world class comedians. It is fertile, fertile ground. Oh boy, this is from John. You guys are talking about how much you would pay to go on a fifteen minute trip to the edge of space. I would drain my four to one K and sell all my possessions.
Speaker 4: If I could never leave my house again and still have beer and food handy, I guess I'm cut from a different cloth.
Speaker 1: Nice My brother emailed, that's funny.
Speaker 4: How about Tommy in Texas on the topic of April fifteenth tax Day. Whenever I get into discussion about taxes with my liberal friends, they always start with the rich should pay their fair share eventually and eventually get around to Warren Buffett and that.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous point he wants made.
Speaker 4: When we get to that point, I always say, sounds like what we need is a flat tax. That usually stops them because they don't like.
Speaker 1: That at all. How About everybody just pays ten percent of their own unless you're very, very poor.
Speaker 3: How about that something like that twenty percent?
Speaker 1: Boy, you have a lot more people caring how money was spent, which is the last thing.
Speaker 4: Really Both parties, but especially the Democrats want Ryan from Houston Boy Texas way and in today heavily on the question of tariff steer Jack and Joe. Can President Trump treat his tariff policy less like he is turning in a rough draft to his freshman English class. M Yeah, it does seem to be kind of forming up as it goes kind of thing. I think that's fair criticism from Ryan. Totally different topic. Mikey Luke Jack Joe watched the snippet of Biden's what in the same hill is going on here?
Speaker 3: Speech from Chicago. Oh that's funny, It's just sad.
Speaker 4: I don't know why the Democrats keep pushing them out there. The Democrats have fundamentally destroyed their party by enacting the policies of this suck puppet of a man.
Speaker 1: And this is what they've got said is meaningless. We'll play a clip or two later completely meaningless. I mean, it doesn't matter at all. But why did hear his wife feelix? We need to stay relevant, we need to get out there. What are you doing? Why is it her? It's got to be her? Yeah, I guess I don't or his ego.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's having a good week, he's a little more cogent than normal, and so he figured he'd go up.
Speaker 1: Nobody needs to hear from the former president if he's forty five and lucid, we just don't need it, I would agree, bar Rock.
Speaker 4: Anyway, there's one point of his speech that I think is significant, which we'll talk about next hour. But I love this note from Jody. So many immigrants come here and do not want to embrace the American culture or obey our laws. We're going to play you a clip of a Muslim fella from a Michigan who's openly calling for the overthrow of the American experiment, for instance, and Jody writes, I remember when Hung k How spoke at the twenty twenty four Republican National Convention. I especially like this quote from him on becoming an American and this could have been our freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 3: Actually, as an.
Speaker 4: Immigrant to this great country, let me be very clear to everyone who comes here, don't ask for the American dream if you're not willing to obey the American laws and embrace the American culture.
Speaker 3: Because I did love that.
Speaker 4: And Jody said, any illegal immigrant who breaks our laws should be deported. Any foreign students here on visas that align with terrorist organizations should have their visas revoked. The visas are a privileged and should be revoked if they break our laws. Clearly, yep, we're going to be talking about autism later. Some people believe it's tied to vaccines. I don't as a parent of an autistic child. But we can get into that. But let's see, this is Jim who points out it's the chart Jack, the immunization schedule that they had for their kid, and indeed there are forty four shots.
Speaker 3: That seems like a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry, No, thirty three by four years of age.
Speaker 3: That seems like a lot. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And sometimes, take it from a cocktail enthusiast like myself, sometimes if you do a thing and that's not very bad, many many times in too short a time, that can cause problems. I've not seen solid evidence that it does, but it's not an insane thought.
Speaker 1: Well, the problem with the requiring all those this is what I said all through COVID, is if there are billions of dollars, there's certainly tens of millions of dollars on the line. How are you gonna tell me that Sometimes somebody doesn't put their thumb on the scale of making that a required inoculation just for money reasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might even be a good idea, but now it's a required idea. And you're right that if that is a factor, people ought to know that's a factor. And that ought to be taken into consideration when these things are improved. And I'm not anti VAXX or like a vaccine skeptical or anything, but as you point out, during COVID, we learned that sometimes the health authorities don't tell.
Speaker 1: Us the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, that's a lot of shots. Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: Holy cow. We're gonna get into some more of the news of the day in hour two, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, including the report on autism research and what RFK Junior said the other day, which I thought was fairly ridiculous. But it's a it's a mysterious issue. The research is ongoing and fairly promising in some ways, but it's it's difficult to get your hands on because there's such a spectrum of what is autism, and you know, the skyrocketing rate. Well, a lot of that's just more diagnosis. People are recognized. And your kid isn't weird, he's on the autism spectrum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Most researchers I know really hate that idea.
Speaker 1: What's that that it's just more.
Speaker 3: We're just recognizing it more.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I was gonna say, I didn't say it's just that, And if I implied that I didn't mean to, but that's absolutely part of it.
Speaker 3: It's got to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess the problem with throwing that out there is it just it's a distraction from the fact that something new has come along, or if it's not new, at a much greater level than it ever existed. Right, And it's a crisis. I mean, it is a freaking crisis.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a middle child. I bring people together. I would put it like this.
Speaker 4: If there's any chance it is something new, something environmental, something going on, and not just an increase in diagnosis, we ought to be feverishly trying to figure out what the hell it is.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know so few families that don't have a kid at least who's dealing with this. I mean, it's just astounding.
Speaker 3: It is rather shocking.
Speaker 1: We also need to talk about the whole Harvard thing because the coverage it's getting is driving me nuts. On the federal government pulling funding that trying to run the colleges. Trump may have overplayed it, as he often does. We can get into that, but the idea that the federal government hasn't been forcing schooling to do all kinds of things I hate with the threat of yanking they're funding for years.
Speaker 3: Come on now.
Speaker 1: A lot of that DEI stuff that they jammed into schools at every level was you need to do this or you're going to lose your federal funding. Well you didn't have a problem with that, did you.
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 4: No, because that's good and right and true. This conservative stuff is evil and they're trying to control us.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's the best example of that.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think of this yesterday, but because of the cold mists, I couldn't. So this whole concept of the progressives do something that had never happened before. It gets no reaction in the mainstream media, and then when conservatives try to yank it back out, it gets a lot of attention. My favorite one being the water pressure in your shower heads thing. Why does the federal government have any role whatsoever on what your water pressure is in your shower head? I mean, that's absolutely insane, but it got passed through executive orders, all this sort of stuff, so you don't you have bad water pressure on the country. When conservatives get in and try to yank it out, all of a sudden, it's a joke. It's treated as a joke. Can you believe Donald Trump cares about the water pressure in your shower heads? Uh? Hello, you cared about the water pressure in the shower heads. You're the one that got involved in it, not.
Speaker 3: Us, completely dishonest.
Speaker 1: So when we try to clot back and make it more freedom, like you can have whatever you want, whatever state, county you have, it's seen as a joke. Of all the things to worry about water pressure. I hate this game. It drives me nuts. Well, we must win it, I hope. So it's with me, I hope. So if you miss an hour or second to get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty