Speaker 1: Per this podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Brodie Randall, Seth Chester, Alyssa, Chili Roman and Keith. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing and for the start of the week. This week we're looking at player performance in the conservation category. In the history of all Meat Eater conservation questions, the player average is forty seven percent, which is the exact same as the hunting category. Now at the top of the leaderboard, Keith, do you have any predictions about who our best performer is in the conservation category?
Speaker 2: Is this company wider just in this on that Mike Keith company wide?
Speaker 1: Who's our best performer in the conservation category? I think Steve okay, Steve is not right. Chilli got ain't guesses and the conservation conservation category? Who you know most about conservation man?
Speaker 3: I would have to go with our director of conservation. That'd be Ryan Callahan.
Speaker 1: Also wrong, Alyssa who's at the top of the also wrong, Chest Randall.
Speaker 3: Randall.
Speaker 1: At the top of the leaderboard is Randall, who gets seventy percent of conservation questions correct. That's followed by Steve with sixty six percent, Brody with sixty three percent, Clay and Can with fifty nine percent, and Giannis with fifty seven percent. Conservation is Randall's strongest category in Brody's weakest category. But Brody, it says a lot about you that your weakest category is a category where you get sixty three percent of questions right.
Speaker 4: Sure, I guess, I don't know. It's a compliment. I'd rather be at the top.
Speaker 1: Now here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Medeater dot com with the subject line IFAQ. Nick B wants to know what are the sound bites from Phil's drop? My brain is convinced that it is breaking bad while also being sure that I'm one hundred percent wrong. So what is it? Phil? What are the sound bites in your drop?
Speaker 5: Well, there's only one sound bite. And that's from No Country for Old Men, the two thousand and seven Cohen Brothers movie. It's the Cormack McCarthy adaptation, and then Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Of course those just those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the cadence is such in the No Country for Old Men bit that Now, when I like see the movie, I'm expecting it to move faster, but it's actually like a very trund like. Yeah, it's a very simmering scene where it's all very slow.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 5: It's a great scene, but it works.
Speaker 1: It works well. Bryce McCurry wants to know in the trivia outro music, is there a hidden owl hoot? At about the twenty five I have second mark? I keep thinking I hear little something in there, Phil, is there an owl hoot? Twenty five second mark?
Speaker 4: There's not.
Speaker 5: And when you sent this to me, I thought I was going insane because I've never heard this before. What is this guy talking about? And I listened back and I've only heard this on headphones before. But yeah, at the twenty five mark of that song, there's a very sort of like like reverberating kind of like boo sound. Okay, but I'm pretty sure, it's just kind of like a stray woodblock. It's not an owl though, So I'm sorry to disappoint. But now that I know that people are listening that hard, you should find some ways to do some subliminal message here, something like that.
Speaker 1: That Bryce is the only person who's ever wrote in about that. Yeah, so one one of our listeners noticed the fake owl. Hoot, we have some Housekeeman to get to. In a recent episode of Trivia, we had a question about the Polish word for sausage, which is kill bossa. We then talked about how it's redundant for packaging to say kill bossa sausage. Well, I wasn't giving food brands enough credit because, as it turns out, almost all of them correctly labeled kill bossa by calling them just polish sausage or kill bossa. But I did find one egregious example which was done by Johnsonville on their Killbossa packaging. They had it labeled as fresh Polish Killbosa sausage, which is basically the equivalent of calling it fresh Polish sausage sausage. But it appears that the packaging was short lived in Johnsonville. Now just labels their kill bosses as Polish sausage or Polish kill bosses Randall in the world of hot dogs, how does Johnsonville rank for you? Are they? Are they up there?
Speaker 3: I associate Johnsonville with their high quality brats, so I was a little surprised to hear that they had mislabeled their kilbossa. But I'm glad that they've corrected it because they usually seem to be on their game.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, they're not not doing fresh polish sausage sausage anymore. Now. The Shelby Index for today's round is a three, so our winner should get six correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the Dropville. Look, I need to know what I stand and win everything. How's it just tend to win everything? Demon Suckers? Question one. The topic is biology, and as always, this will be multiple choice and this first great question is via Ryan Wilkins. Biologists refer to these as quote, bear butter, which grizzlies in the Rocky Mountains will eat thousands of in a single day. Is it mice, slugs, fish, eggs, or moths. Biologists refer to these as bear butter, which grizzlies in the Rocky Mountains will eat thousands of in a single day. Is it mice, slugs, fish eggs or moths? Randall and Brody and Seth knew it immediately. Did you boys even need the multiple choice? Or did you just know this? They knew it, just knew it. The rest of the room doesn't quite look is confident? What is bear butter? Is it mice, slugs, fish eggs or moths? It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester saying moths, Roman saying fish eggs, Keith saying mice, Alyssa saying fish eggs, Chili saying fish eggs, Seth and Randall and Brody saying moths. They got it. The correct answer is moths. Each summer, grizzly bears in the lower forty eight feast on army cutworm moths. These moths migrate to high elevation rock fields above the tree line, where it's estimated that some grizzlies eat up to forty thousand each day. The moths are high in fat, which can provide bears with one third of the calories they need for hibernation. Have boy's ever seen this happen before, where they're up there flipping rocks and logs looking for moths.
Speaker 3: Nope, I've I've seen where they've been digging. I haven't watched him.
Speaker 1: Forty thousand in a single day. I think they said each moth is eight calories.
Speaker 5: You know, I've heard where there's spots in Montana where you can go to watch this m like like a drive in movie theater.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen video. Are they those spruce moths?
Speaker 1: Army cutworm armys? Question two, the topic is gear. What Camo brand introduced their bottom land pattern in nineteen eighty six? What Cameo brand introduced their bottom land pattern in nineteen eighty six? Keith knew this one. He's our only one wearing Camo in the room today. He's also our only player with a pug on his lap. Oh, we could hear it there.
Speaker 2: Mayavis's rock and say something bug All. She's got snorts, guys, but she's been pretty good so far.
Speaker 1: What Camel brand introduced their bottom land pattern in nineteen eighty six? Keith, What are you doing in town this week?
Speaker 2: I'm here open up the new Mediator store, flagship store over on Main Street.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. What are your what are your thoughts on it? Right away? Just three days till we open.
Speaker 2: I just love walking in there. It looks like a museum. I just you can see all sorts of mounts that a lot of the people here have harvested. You get all the cool first light stuff, you get to put your hands on it, some really cool meat eater stuff.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a dream store downtown. Bozman. I've got too deer hanging in there in a fish fossil, so you go go check that out. Is everybody ready? Everyone have an answer for the Camel brand who introduced the bottom land pattern in nineteen eighty six, Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester saying massy oak, Roman saying massioke, Keith saying massioak, Alyssa saying massioak, Chile saying massioake, Seth's saying massioak, Ran saying massioake. Brody sang real tree. The correct answer is massy.
Speaker 3: Oak, suck it Brody.
Speaker 1: Massoake was created by toxy Haas in Mississippi in nineteen eighty six. His vision was to take Mississippi dirt sticks and leaves and use those elements in a new type of camo. Bottomland was Massioake's first pattern and one of just two patterns that they print in pink.
Speaker 3: What was the fellow's name?
Speaker 1: Uh t x e y toxi toxy haas Question three? The topic is cooking, also known as lace fat. This thin membrane surrounds the stomach of deer and pigs. Seth and Brody and Keith appear to know it. The topic is cooking, also known as is lace fat. This thin membrane surrounds the stomach of deer and pigs. Brody, how close were you just saying mossioch on that last one?
Speaker 4: Not at all. I just like the thought of real tree.
Speaker 1: Talk with it, massy oak bottom land.
Speaker 6: I like real tree. Bottom land sounds better.
Speaker 1: Also known as lace fat, this thin membrane surrounds the stomach of deer and pigs. Randall, do you have this one?
Speaker 3: I'm drawing a blank that w.
Speaker 1: Could give the room a chance to to catch up.
Speaker 4: Could be that seat you're sitting in there.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like a circus animal up on a pedestal here.
Speaker 1: Like an elephant in butte yes, did they wrangle that thing?
Speaker 6: Conclusion wasn't think a deal as everyone made it out.
Speaker 1: I mean, how often is there an elephant walking down the road, But like the.
Speaker 3: Train or was you're walking around play is the elephant at the.
Speaker 1: I just like at Montane Lil's casino, It's like the.
Speaker 6: Trainer was walking around behind the thing as it was like cruising around.
Speaker 3: I had to go to an appointment, but I almost thought about driving over there and hopes that they hadn't wrangled it and seeing if I could get myself took a dump.
Speaker 4: In someone's yard I had.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a bigger deal than I actually thought it was before. Now also known as lace fat, this thin membrane surrounds the stomach of deer and pigs.
Speaker 3: Come up with, oh you know what I think I did?
Speaker 5: I feel like that dump is going to be in a museum in Butte someday, because not a lot goes on over there.
Speaker 1: They have a great gem in mineral museum in Butte. I've been a couple of times, phenomenal. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester saying coddle fat, Roman saying call fat, Keith saying call fat, Elsta without an answer.
Speaker 4: You've got some work ahead of you on this.
Speaker 1: Chilly's saying call fat, at Set saying call fat, Randall's saying coddle uh, and Brody saying call fat. The correct answer is call fat. I don't think we're gonna give it to Chester or Randall and said we'll give it to Roman. Roman had a creative spelling. He spelled it ce o w l uh. The correct spelling is c a U l.
Speaker 3: Thank.
Speaker 1: Call fat is commonly used with sausages and meatballs as a casing. Its job is to base the meat with moisture as it cooks, to learn how to clean it and cook it. Read Danielle Proveit's article on the Meat eater dot com called the Total Guide to Call Fat. Has anyone in this room cooked with call fat? What do you do with it? Brody?
Speaker 4: Usually I've only done a couple of times. I'll just wrap a big chunk of backstrap in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Danielle.
Speaker 4: Without in the field, like it is all that.
Speaker 1: Very easy to like get it covered in dirt or grass, and.
Speaker 6: It's it's difficult to clear juse if you're unfortunate in your shot placement.
Speaker 1: Question four. The topic is fishing. Fly Lord's Magazine declared this National Park, which is in Tennessee and North Carolina, one of the greatest parks for fly fishing in America. Fly Lord's Magazine declared this National Park, which is in Tennessee in North Carolina, one of the greatest parks for fly fishing in America. We have a confident Brody and Keith. I'm not super confident, okay, quick to answer, I should say Roman and Randall joined them. Randall, do you know this one?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: And how close were you coming up with? Call fat on? That last one?
Speaker 3: Just added an extra syllable.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, there's a little.
Speaker 3: Extra bump in the middle that I didn't need, but I was. I was dancing around it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Instead came up with the tail fin.
Speaker 3: And that's why I knew it was wrong when I wrote it. Very I just the sound of it registered true.
Speaker 1: Fly Lord's Magazine declared this National Park, which is in Tennessee and North Carolina, one of the greatest parks for fly fishing in America. This is question four.
Speaker 4: Brody, you ready, Yeah, I'm just wondering if I need to go?
Speaker 1: Is everyone else ready?
Speaker 3: Don't change it?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester saying Smoky Mountains, Romans saying great Smokeyes National Park keep saying great Smokies, Alyssa's saying the Great Smoky Mountains, Chili saying Smokey Mountains, Seth saying Great Smoky Mountains, Randall saying Great Smoky Mountain, Brody saying Great Smoky Mountain. Decorrect answer is Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I think everybody gets that one.
Speaker 4: Would you accepted Smoky Mountain?
Speaker 1: Well, yes, I think we. I think we will accept because I'd added at the last second. Yeah, we'll give it to you if you just said Smoky Mountains. But the full answer is Great Smoky Mountains National Park. That was a one hundred percent. We haven't had that in a little bit. Great Smoky Mountains has three thousand miles of streams where you can catch brook trout, rainbow trout, brown trout, small mouth bass, and rock bass. The park actually closed many of its brook trout fisheries starting in the nineteen thirties, but when populations began to rebound, they opened those waters up in two thousand and six. The other parks on fly Lord's list, you guys want to guess them. There were four other parks on their list for the best fly fishing Parks in America Yellowstones, Yellowstone is on there, Mountains Everglades, Everglades was on there, Rocky Mountain was on there. So you're missing one. No, No, something in Washington. Oh, you're on the right track there. What's in Washington Olympic National Park? Last one? So the total list was Great Smoky Mountains, Yellowstone, Olympic, Rocky Mountain, and Everglades. Question five, the topic is conservation. Alaska's proposed pebble mine would have been located on this notable watershed. Randall and Brody appear to know it, Seth and Keith joining them with answers. Alaska's proposed pebble mine would have been located on this watershed. Do you think you have it right? Did you have it right? Brody?
Speaker 3: I hope so?
Speaker 1: Okay. I saw some news this morning about the pebble mine. Was we can talk about it when we're done. Alaska's proposed pebble mine would have been located on this notable watershed. Randal and your TRCP days, Did you guys work a lot with the pebble mind? Topic.
Speaker 3: We did indeed worked on that quite a bit.
Speaker 1: This is question five. We'll get a scoreboard update from Fill the engineer after this. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester saying keen I Roman without an answer, Keith saying Bristol Bay. Melyssa without an answer, Chili without an answer, Seth and Randall and Brody saying Bristol Bay. They got it. The correct answer is Bristol Bay. What was your problem? Brodie with the word.
Speaker 6: The watershed part of it, It's like the watershed is like the fresh water up.
Speaker 1: When you see it talked about. They always refer to the Bristol Bay watershed.
Speaker 4: I get where you're coming.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to want to say it was like a salmon watershed or no, no, no no. The Pebble mine deposit was discovered in the nineteen eighties. The area is thought to be home to millions of pounds of copper and gold that are worth an estimated four hundred billion, but it's also where the world's largest sakey salmon run takes place. A final determination was made by the EPA last January that effectively blocked the mine under the Clean Water Act. The update I saw this morning was from Trout Unlimited, and I think they said it was like another nail in the coffin, so further killing the idea that the pebble mine will happen. Phil, we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 5: One of those games where everyone's on the board they've got more than one point. Melissa has two, Roman, Chili and Chester all have three points apiece, Randall, Keith and Brody have four and with a perfect game it's Seth Morris or is Stephen say?
Speaker 1: Even Seth? Even set.
Speaker 3: Should have been looking over your board there?
Speaker 1: Question six, The topic is hunting. This next great question is via Rocko Height. What two thousand and one Jeff Daniels comedy is about Ruben Sodi and his Upper Peninsula deer camp? Jet This may ruin the perfect game? The topic is hunting? Is question six? What two thousand and one Jeff Daniels comedy is about Ruben Sodi and his Upper Peninsula deer camp? Keith, you know this one.
Speaker 2: It's a wild movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a hint for Seth. It's a wild movie. Heath says, Randall, have you seen this movie?
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 1: Phil. Have you seen this movie?
Speaker 4: I have not, Phil.
Speaker 1: I'd love for you to review this movie.
Speaker 4: I also don't know.
Speaker 3: I also don't know if I have it right, So maybe I have seen it, but my answer is wrong.
Speaker 1: Wow, Seth has yet to pick up his white lord.
Speaker 4: I think I saw it, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Why. Too bad for Seth. He's surrounded by folks who appear to know it. Their whiteboards are down.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you so much shit.
Speaker 1: What two thousand and one Jeff Daniel's comedy is about Ruben Sodi and his Upper Peninsula?
Speaker 5: Dear, I just think you have to be a certain level of mid Midwestern to appreciate the humor in.
Speaker 1: This another h, Well, you said upper Peninsula.
Speaker 4: Some of them, kid there goes.
Speaker 3: The perfect games.
Speaker 1: Chester doesn't know it either, and he's basically from the Upper Peninsula. That's when I those ones. I'm definitely gonna be kicking myself for I know it. I thought you'd have some pushback on basically being from the Upper Peninsua.
Speaker 5: Why hasn't Wisconsin just taken the Upper Peninsula?
Speaker 4: The Upper got taken from Wisconsin, you guys should have a war over.
Speaker 1: There, Seth, are you going to come up with an answer? Everybody right, don't want to perfect score anyways.
Speaker 3: Chester's writing.
Speaker 1: A lot of writing go ahead and familiar answers. We have Chester saying the Great Outdoors roll without an answer, Keith saying Escanaba in the Moonlight, Melissa sang the Big Lebowski. Chili and Randall and Brody with the correct answer saying Escanaba into moonlight Seth without an answer that ruins his perfect game. Brody is prodding at Randall's whiteboard because he had the instance that duh.
Speaker 3: I would point out that Chili had the as well. It happens to be his instagram. I'm just going by Chili's instagram.
Speaker 4: I'm just going for like the vernacular.
Speaker 1: Esca and the Moonlight follows a family on the eve of deer hunting season that must deal with the eldest son's curse of never having begged buck. It was written by, directed by, and starring Jeff Daniels. The movie received a seventy nine percent audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, which is similar to Grumpy Old Men, and it received a fifty percent critics score, which is similar to ace Ventura pet.
Speaker 3: Detective must be good.
Speaker 1: Question seven. The topic is natural history. This next great question is via Stephen Irwin, what were Lewis and Clark's first names? What were Lewis and Clark's first names? The confident looking room. Seems like most of them would come up with one answer by now. Randall has both his whiteboard is down. Chester looks like Chester, Roman and Keith seemed to be stuck on what the second name is for Lewis and Clark? What were Lewis and Clark's first names? Surprising upset Here Brody has his whiteboard pressed against his temple. He doesn't doesn't look confident. Confident one confident in one of them. I think that's where seven of our players are right now, except for Randall.
Speaker 3: Ran got circus elephant.
Speaker 1: He's got perfect posture over here. I'm very proud.
Speaker 3: Trying to maintain perfect posture. But as the viewers will certainly notice, I think my head has moved around in this plane during the course of the past ten minutes.
Speaker 1: No, we're doing half points for this one, right, No, unless you're my wife. She earns half points in these What were Lewis and Clark's first names. Chester, you got one of them? Maybe you know? I think so. But okay, I'm not very good at this game.
Speaker 3: So oh god, I just read on Daunting Courage too.
Speaker 1: Mmmm wow. What were Lewis and Clark's first names? Brody? Do you think you have it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: I think I'm wrong on one.
Speaker 1: Brody thinks he might be wrong. Is everybody ready? Keith? Do you have these right?
Speaker 2: I think I got one, maybe the second one.
Speaker 1: We're loising before we go.
Speaker 4: Do these got to be in the right order, Spender.
Speaker 1: I don't have to be in the right order. Whatever order you put them in, it would be so weird. We'll see.
Speaker 3: I feel like that would be like someone getting it wrong. No, I just.
Speaker 4: Think's everybody ready?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have chests. Not gonna show his wife or Roman sang Merriweather and John, Keith saying mery Weather and William Elyssa without an answer, Chili saying Merriweather, and Raymond Seth saying Merriweather, Randall saying Merriweather and William. Brody saying Merriweather and John. The correct answers are Merryweather and William, So we had I think two folks, get that right, Randall and Keith. Merriweather means happy weather and it's supposed to be given to someone with a sunny temperament. William means resolute detector and is supposed to be for someone who is a defender of the vulnerable. William is the sixth most popular boy name in America today, with Merriweather being ranked number twenty three thousand, one hundred and forty one. I think we should bring that name back.
Speaker 3: It's a rather ironic, ironic name given his disposition. Yeah, and has ultimately.
Speaker 1: Killed himself, but it's supposed to be for someone who has a sunny temperament.
Speaker 4: What do you got.
Speaker 3: Melancholia as Merriweather Lewis and William Clark.
Speaker 1: That's right, Merriweather Lewis and William Clark. Oh, that was question seven. Question eight. The topic is conservation. This colorful fish, which is native to the Amazon, was introduced to Miami waterways in nineteen eighty four. This colorful fish, which is native to the Amazon, is introduced to Miami waterways in nineteen eighty four. Brody Randall, Seth Chestern Key All appeared. I think I know it.
Speaker 3: I think I have this right. But I'm guessing there are probably dozens of fish that fit this description.
Speaker 1: Though in nineteen eighty four. Well yeah, and were they specifically introduced to Miami.
Speaker 3: I can't prove it otherwise.
Speaker 1: And are they colorful?
Speaker 3: A lot of it came from the Amazon, A lot of qualifiers wrong. If you're an expert out there on the h.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please write to trip at the medi dot com.
Speaker 3: Of Miami's waterways in nineteen eighty four, would like.
Speaker 1: To hear from you if you can name two colorful fish from the Amazon.
Speaker 3: I think I actually said dozens, so there's a much higher threshold and.
Speaker 1: Clear what colorful fish they're This colorful fish, which is native to the Amazon, was introduced to Miami waterways in nineteen eighty four. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chesters saying peacock bass to Roman without an answer, Keith saying peacock bass, Alsa saying clownfish Chile without an answer, Seth and Randall and Brody saying peacock bass. They got it. The correct answer is peacock bass. Peacock bass were stocked in South Florida waterways by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Their goal was to use the peacock bass to control growing populations of exotic fish such as such as tilapia and oscar. The experiment worked in the state now manages peacock bass as a gamefish. You're allowed to keep two per day, which is three less than the limit on largemouth bass.
Speaker 6: You're saying that it worked like they were control non native invasives.
Speaker 1: Piece. They deemed it to be a successful experiment. They were very satisfied with the results, and they had a ten year study leading up to it before they came to the determination that they should stock peacock bass. Yeah, using one exotic to control ten other exotics. Phil, we have two questions left. Who remains in the game.
Speaker 5: Alyssa, Roman, Chili and Chester cannot win this game of meat eater trivia, but Seth and Brody have six points and Randal and Keith are tied up in first place with seven.
Speaker 1: All right, Question nine. The topic is cooking. This five letter plural noun is a Spanish word defined as quote shared small plates of food. This five letter plural noun is a Spanish word defined as shared small plates of food. Keith and Randall seem to know it is going to keep them locked up in first place. Going into question ten, This five letter plural noun is a Spanish word defined is shared small plates of food, quiet game.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about caudal fat.
Speaker 1: Seth? Do you know this one? Shared small plates of food? Chester? How about you? You got this one right? I think so? It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Chester saying tapas Roman without an answer, Keith saying and Alyssa, and Randall and Brody saying tapas seth. What do you say? Say chili without an answer? The correct answer was Tapa's. According to Food and Wine Magazine, tapas are essentially appetizers served alongside beer or wine, and can be everything from olives to meatballs to shrimp. Danielle Pruitt says her favorite tapas are Spanish turkey and date skewers a recipe you can get on the meat eater dot com. Question we have Randall and Keith tied up in first place, and who's right behind them?
Speaker 5: Phil Brody has seven Brody.
Speaker 1: With seven topic is fishing. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Ryder Leary for sending this great question. Ryder is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the week, then send your question to trivia at the medeater dot com. Randall is staring at the screen waiting for the question to show up. Here it is. This bass lure with a rhyming name has a hard plastic spook style body with a rotating propeller. His question ten. Brody knows it. He has emphatically closed his marker and thrown down his whiteboard. This could tie him up with Keith and Randall if they don't get this right. This bass lure with a rhyming name has a hard plastic spook style body with a rotating propeller. Chester. Do you know this one again? I think so? Okay, you got the name rhymes that you have there, Brody, you know this one for certain?
Speaker 4: We're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: Okay. He's got a smile on his face. I think Brody has its. Randall and Keith.
Speaker 4: If I don't, I hope Keith does.
Speaker 1: Have not wrote anything down yet. Mhm. This bast lure with a rhyming name has a hardy spook style body with a rotating propeller. You think you'd have an answer if it didn't have to rhyme.
Speaker 3: I can I can picture, Okay, a hard plastic bait.
Speaker 1: Chester, do you think you have one of these in your tackle box? Without giving him way too many hints, No, Okay, Montana have in the past. Oh do you think Seth has has one of these in his tackle box?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Might I have in the past, I just can't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say, per capita, Montana has to be one of the least likely states to have one of these.
Speaker 3: I might actually have one of these.
Speaker 1: Pike would eat it though.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Keith, did you.
Speaker 1: Come up with an answer?
Speaker 2: I got an answer?
Speaker 1: Does it rhyme? You know, We've had questions like this in the past where I've been inspired by some of the names people came up with that we should we need to create some lures that have these names. Uh so I have high expectations, Keith, your fictional lure, Randall, give it over here.
Speaker 3: No, I mean.
Speaker 5: It's it's creative.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't I can't think of it.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready? Chester says, hold on trying to think of what used to be in this tackle box?
Speaker 5: Does everyone? Does anyone ever write in being like these idiots can't spell?
Speaker 1: Well? There was a lot of folks wanted me to be uh a hard ass about the stalagmite stalag tighte question. Oh you know, I remember that, and it wouldn't have mattered because everyone had the same everyone. Oh wow, Seth.
Speaker 2: Did just.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I think we're out of time. Go ahead and revene. But we have Chester saying wopper plopper Roman without an answer, Keith saying the rad schad, which I think is actually a soft plastic maybe made by Berkeley. It's like a paddle tail, So I think the rad chad might exist. Alyssa sang chopper bopper Chili without an answer, Seth saying whopper plopper, Randall's saying Papa Choppa, Brody saying wopper plopper. The correct answer is whopper plopper Brody got it right. That means we're going to a three way tiebreaker with Randall and Keith. Whopper ploppers are a floating lure that creates a bubble trail wind retrieved. They blew up in popularity after a twenty sixteen bass Master Elite Series event in Toledo Bend, when Chris Lane nearly won the tournament using the unique lure. Despite its recent popularity, the Whopper Popper has been around for about one hundred years, with the first version being a muskie lure called the mud Puppy. We're going to overtime play the drop Phil type last.
Speaker 5: How they just cut it at if you ain't first your last and then like going to other stuff.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I never liked it a Phil cough Man. The tie breaking topic is cooking. This will be a numerical question to whoever is a close is between Keith Randall and Brody will be declared today's winner. According to a twenty twenty three Gallup pole, what percentage of Americans identify as vegetarian?
Speaker 4: Decimal point right.
Speaker 1: To a decimal point, so we have a for sure winner. According to a twenty twenty three Gallup pole, what percentage of Americans identify as vegetarian. Everyone should play along, though, Chile, in case someone hits it right on the nose, We're going to add an extra one hundred dollars to today's to the decimal point. What percentage of Americans identify as vegetarian.
Speaker 7: I feel like this is gonna be a real tight one now, Phil, before someone writes in with an IFAQ about the tie breaking sound What movie clip is that sound bite pulled from?
Speaker 5: I'm trying, well, they're well, there's there's the VALADERICKI, Bobby Talladegan Knights. It used to go on longer, and then Steve complained about it, and I put Steve complaining about it into the drop.
Speaker 1: Very good. Yes, what percentage of Americans identify is vegetarian as of twenty twenty three?
Speaker 3: Vegetarian as an all encompassing.
Speaker 1: Term, as in they said, are you a vegetarian? Are you a pescatarian? Are you omnivore?
Speaker 3: Are yous would be separate from vegetarian?
Speaker 1: I think that would be separate in Oh geez.
Speaker 3: That makes it real.
Speaker 4: That's weird. You think they would be part of vegetarian?
Speaker 1: What percentage of Americans identify as a vegetarian? Wow? And a pug grunt the cap it all off.
Speaker 2: She's impressed with this one.
Speaker 1: Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have chest you're saying ten point four percent, Roman saying thirteen point four percent. Alyssa saying twenty three point seven percent, Chili saying thirty three point six percent, Seth saying eight point seven percent. In our three players remaining in the game, Keith saying eleven point two, Randall saying fourteen point six, Brody saying thirteen point nine. The correct answer is four percent, making Keith our winner. He was seven point two percentage points off. Four percent of Americans identify as vegetarian. That's down from five percent in twenty twelve and six percent in two thousand and one. Keith, well done, winner of today's trivia. Now you get to make a five hundred dollars donation. Where's that five hundred dollars going to go?
Speaker 2: I hate to kind of be bland with it, but the land Access initiative we do here's one of my favorite things, so I'd love to just see it go that direction.
Speaker 1: There we go, the Meat Eater AI. We just wrapped up our auction house of oddities. I think we were hoping to make thirty thousand dollars in that and instead we doubled it and made sixty thousand dollars. That's going to get spent pretty quickly. So Keith is starting over with another five hundred dollars going to the Lai. Well done, Keith. He played at the Meat Eater Store and came in second to Steve. I believe right, Yeah, the first light Store, the first light Store. I'm sorry. Yeah, everyone was cheering for Keith that game. It didn't happen. Brody was cheering for Keith this game.
Speaker 4: Until I got the time.
Speaker 1: Here he is in the winner circle. Well done, Keith. Guys, join us next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.