Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is the production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome home, y'all. This is Robert from Columbia, South Carolina. I've been day one since the first podcast drop. Thank y'all for your coverage at DNC. Thank you for the lives that you did. They were highly entertaining, they were fun, they were fresh, great interviews. Just love getting to see y'all doing your thing in that setting. Didn't always get to watch the whole thing, but I've listened to the replays and they were fantastic. Thank you for bringing the palace inting American on from Georgia to read her speech and have a platform as large as y'all's, and for also addressing that issue with several people that you brought on your show. Thank you for putting a spotlight on that issue. Thank you for holding nuance for that issue. I am tired of people putting down protesters and other people who are raising this issue and dismissing them as Trump supporters or as people who who don't understand the stakes. We understand the stakes. I'm gonna vote Harris Wallace I'm gonna vote Democrat down ticket, but I also am gonna hold the elected leaders empower to account to do the right thing by the Palastining people, by all peoples around the world who are being affected by violence, and especially by violence from us.
Speaker 4: So anyways, thank y'all.
Speaker 5: Welcome home.
Speaker 1: Welcome home, y'all. This is episode thirty seven of Native Lampi where we give it to you straight note Chaser. We are fresh off the DNC. I want to shout out everybody who is tuning in with us every day. We are your hosts. I'm Tiffany Cross here with my co host Andrew Gillim and Angela Raie.
Speaker 4: What's up, y'all, id you fresh off that summer heat wave up there in the northeast or fresh on.
Speaker 1: It's eight thousand degrees? But what I want to talk about what they just heard at the top of the show, and that was all the praise that we received from from from so many of you guys who tuned in.
Speaker 6: Welcome home Robert. That's all right. You know he was busting stereotypes at at the top of the show. Tiff he uh he. You know, we they tell us that we only have black folks listening to this show and that's not the case.
Speaker 1: Well, we knew that shot. I didn't I know.
Speaker 6: I just I was I'm busting the myth, the myth busting for everybody else.
Speaker 1: Oh like I thought somebody was telling us we only had black listers.
Speaker 6: Well they say it's it's it is predominantly black. But I like that we have, you know, representation here. The Rainbow Coalition also reperenced South Carolina, which you may not expect the white dude from South Carolina to say this, So I just appreciate all around shout out to you.
Speaker 1: I gotta say I would expect the white dudes from South Carolina to say that. I think this whole myth around the South being read, I always say it's only read until it ain't. There are very progressive pockets of the South, particularly in South Carolina, in North Carolina, in Alabama, in Mississippi. All these places have people, a diverse coalition of voters, and some of those people and are venn diagram. We have a diverse coalition of listeners. So I'm really not surprised when I hear, no matter what people look like, when they have expressive thoughts. Having grown up in the South. From the South, I want to say, there are always people with progressive outlooks so happy to welcome home this day.
Speaker 6: I can't wait till their numbers look like that, because that's not how the Embers look better.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get into that in the show because I actually do think their numbers are growing, but there are rampant voter suppression efforts happening. So probably a good time in the show because we have I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say just some of the I want to thank the brother one for being a listener obviously, but Brady Day one, he's a OG and then feeling comfortable and sending that video in I really appreciated that. But I'll tell you the salutes have really been rounded Angela and Tiffany. I was just at the African Methodist Episcopal Conclave or convention with a bunch of ams y'all, and and they have been praying for us. A lot of listeners there. But I want to particularly shout out the senior Bishop of the afric of African METHODOM in the United States, Bishop A. J. Richardson, former pastor at the church that I attend, and A Rattler and his wife Connie richardson, who are avid listeners y'all? When they told me that, I said, I'm sorry for the cuss words, and I got to say, I ain't gonna say who, but one of these very religious figures says, sometimes it takes some emphasis, so.
Speaker 1: I wasn't happy to be excused. I speak it, I walk it like I talk it, I speak it like I mean. But I will tell you another A woman said that to me that she listens in the car with her kids, and I was like, you listen with your kids in my body mouth? And she was like, do you do you know high school kids nowadays? Do you know what they've listened to? Like you ain't saying nothing, but anyway, she said that her kids will like come back and tell her stuff that we said. So we have a diverse co listen to listener. So we don't want to keep y'all waiting anymore. Let's get into the show. Yeah, we got a lot to get to, but I just want to say we are rundown at the DNC was fire a lot better than any other because I wasn't really watching because we were on air. So when I look back and saw all the other people I'm like, this stuff is whack. So we said this on the last show. I'll say it again because angel will always deflect. But Angela was the one booking the show, texting people getting people to come by that.
Speaker 6: It's literally it's literally not true. And I really want to make sure that people understand how dope of a team we have. I thank god that people think highly enough of us that they want to come on the show. But we had someone who was working NonStop around the clock booking the show, and that is our research producer, Lolo, So I want to make sure we give her the credit. And Tiff, thank you for the guests that you added. Andrew, thanks for the guests that you added. It is my honor, my pleasure, pleasure to work alongside y'all. But I did not book the whole show.
Speaker 1: Let me say thank you to Lolo, which we said last week. I will say it again, but I'm going to reiterate. Lolo could have been doing that for any show. People responded and showed up because the relationship they have with you when you work on Capitol Hill. Because the guest they have relationships with us too. But you were pressing people, Angela was rolling up on people on the floor, like, hey, come do our show. So don't let Angela deflex. We have she has, she had people supporting her, but she was up early, up late, on the phone, all the time, running around and people showed up because Angela told them they had to. So thank you. And I know you want to say everybody, we think everybody, but I just think it's warrant to give you a shout out. And the fact that our covers literally look better than everybody else. Nobody else had our rundown. We had Kamala Harris's campaign manager ten minutes before her speech. Nobody had that. And Julie showed out because because you asked her too.
Speaker 6: So you know, I do have one thing I'm mad about. Can I tell y'all now we got to wait for the mini pod?
Speaker 1: Can we do a mini pot on the DNC and all the I want to tell the dirty stories bts.
Speaker 6: Let me tell this now because this is someone who I hope is our president one day. Governor Wes Moore, I'm mad at you. I am mad at you because I don't understand how we all these people you literally speak for a living, and you told us that you couldn't be on our show for five minutes because you was gonna be your speech. I don't understand, so I'm a little tight about that. I love you deep, like it's deep. I've known Dawn longer than you. I love her deep. I want to see you when we come to a live podcast, hopefully in Maryland, at your invitation. That's what I want because I wanted to celebrate that moment with you. It's not like a real mad but it's.
Speaker 4: What is divine is divine. I think everything that transpired, the guests that we had, the people who we were able to introduce the listeners to in a more intimate way, all of it was divine. I hate that he missed out.
Speaker 5: I hate missed it too, but it was great.
Speaker 6: Guys like to get my way, So I'm paled. A little bit.
Speaker 1: Happened, but we can talk about because there were there were a lot of things that happened that we aren't getting into.
Speaker 6: It's true.
Speaker 5: It sounds like the.
Speaker 1: Talk mini potting were there were several incidents and well we almost came to blows. So be sure tune into the mini pod drop on Monday. We do a mini pod on this show, so every Monday. You can get the mini pod. But before we get into all of that, you just gotta get the mini.
Speaker 6: I gotta tell you this. If my dad said, my dad says he talks about my mom, he's like, man, Andrea talked to me like she's seven feet three hundred. That's how you was absolutely.
Speaker 5: Writing them checks.
Speaker 4: She was writing.
Speaker 1: She said, we were gonna cast checks.
Speaker 4: Okay, that you think when you come in as the second that you that you bringing things down to a calm level. You might speak calmly.
Speaker 6: You know what I'll never forget he said. He did say that you make it worse.
Speaker 1: And you heard what he said and what he forgot to say. Angel By the time we do this mini pod, Angela and I will be looking forward to the apology you owe us, and.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about why you believe that that's married before we.
Speaker 1: Spend time on that. Andrew, what do you want what you got for us today? What do you want to talk about today?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: I want to do so a little bit about the DNC, but not so much. A bunch of Republicans came out this week, y'all, over two hundred former staffers to both forty was it forty one and forty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Bushes, the Bushes and McCain. It was President Bush and form.
Speaker 4: And of course added to it by some former Trumpers who have you know, thrown off the yoke. But also there was this query and I've heard it even up until this morning, folks who were saying, why are there so many Republicans at the DNC, and you know, talking and that kind of thing. And then of course where the president and Vice president to b are right now in the state of George.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of that cool and what'd you got for us? I know what I want you to have for us, but what you got for it?
Speaker 6: Oh lord? Well, I just want to talk briefly about the National Federation that I'm now calling the National Confederation of Republican Assemblies for challenging Kamala Harris being on the ballot at all. And they cite the dread Sky decision. So if for those of you miss it, that's circa eighteen fifty seven. So we'll get into that for emancipation.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've heard you, but now I get it. It's very clever what you said, confederation, you know, I thought, yeah, oh, yeah, I thought you said confederation would cun with the teeth, But anyway, that's not what you said.
Speaker 6: No, no, but yeah, maybe same principle, right, Like, why are y'all trying to be the Confederacy? It's twenty twenty four? Yeah, for sure, tall order for them, I know. And then the worst part is National Federation of Republican Assemblies call themselves Frederick Douglass Republicans.
Speaker 4: Y'all knowing y'all, Yeah, how are you.
Speaker 6: Going to cite the man who wrote what to the Slave is the fourth of July? And then cite the dread Scott decision from why black women can't beyond the ballot in twenty four? Anyway, I'm into it already.
Speaker 4: So this is why it is that her saying is we ain't going back, right.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why we need it. That's exactly why we need it. Well, I want to get in all their might the voter suppression happening across the country because we all know that they are going to cheat, and so I think this is not going to be an election that's decided election day and we already see things happening. There were some raids that took place in Texas that I'll get into. But black voters and Latino voters are clearly a big threat to the GOP. So I want to get into that and talk about why. But before we get into any of these topics, you know this this well as you're listening to this podcast. If you listen fresh off the Press is when we drop, then you know that Vice President Harris and her running mate Tim Wallas have agreed to sit down for their first interview with CNN's Dana Bash. I have a lot of thoughts about this, Andrew Angela, y'all, what'd y'all take on this one?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess my issue isn't so much with the who the person interviewer. Dana is a wonderful woman, good, good person, whatnot. But I just thought, given the delay and I was behind them on like, hey, take as long as you need. When you decide is when you decide that maybe what they were fomenting was a I don't know, a new way of doing this. I was expecting, probably because everything up to this point has just been so different. I mean, in truth, she has just bought such an incredible energy to the race for presidency. The campaign has shifted in so many ways and walls just adding to it new layers and new flavor. I don't know, maybe they're credentialing of these sort of what do you call these viral hosts that they did for the Democratic Convention where they brought in people were not necessarily political, but were viral in their nature, that maybe that might send a tone that they were going to try a different medium for this. They went to a more traditional medium, and at that one that is just an apologies because I've worked for them at one point in time, just quite frankly, isn't getting the ratings, Yeah, don't. I don't understand that choice.
Speaker 6: I you know, I got to say, I am thinking that, given the truncated nature of this campaign, that they would go somewhere where there is it's not a political show, it's not a political network, it's not a political host. It's someone who can really humanize them and reintroduce them to all the folks who or introduce them to all the folks who weren't watching the DNC. So even like GMA, you know, even the Today Show, like even maybe going there some walk and talk moments, Kamala cooking, because that's one of her favorite things to do, Tim Walls. Maybe not. Maybe he's not coaching anymore, but maybe he's on the football field with some of his old players, like really going into their regular, everyday lives and providing people with that insight that we talk about all the time on our podcast, where people are listening to our conversation, look at how they move about in life, follow them on the plane, like like literally what I just I don't understand.
Speaker 4: If there's no reason why they can't can't do what you just described, Angela and ask serious questions.
Speaker 6: No, of course, but I'm also suggest the other thing that I would have suggested to them, again given the truncated nature of the schedule, is is having a televised penn and pad so you have folks from multiple outlets asking them questions. They could still do it together and then that way that thing is broadcast multi platform. Yeah, at the same time, it's big enough. And I would have done that probably the Friday after the convention. And I don't think that's too late, but I really I think that that is. And it's again, it's not about Dana, it's about CNN, it's about all of it. People are not tuning in there where can you reach people where you know they or no, only wouldn't be Tim Walls could go do an ESPN interview because of his sports background, you know what I mean. Like, there's so many different ways they could have They could have played this.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you know. I don't think an ESPN interview would have been appropriate for their first rollout, and I anticipate that he will do that show. I also don't know about the right exactly. We hope who knows, but I don't. I don't know if like the walk and talk and the cooking is necessarily the image they want to put out at this point. Yet either I wouldn't have been mad at that. I mean, I can see. I'm just trying to think of their perspective, and then I'm also trying to think of as a producer, like the amount of time and production that would take. And I think they probably want to do this as a quick turnaround, just so our viewers. No a pinning pad. If something happens on the hill a lot to me, that's like the most popular place where it happens is a bunch of journalists sit around and ask questions. You can have a print outlet, you can have producers there. It's something where talent doesn't necessarily show up. But that's a really great idea because I've had well, not regularly, like Joy isn't typically going like this, Cash isn't typically going.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that's why I thought it would be different. You know, like you literally bring everybody together almost like a summit, or like you think about the White House Press briefing room, but they're just sitting right, I'm just explaining it to your point. Tip to the listeners, guy, set a pin and pad with no content. Yeah, so we're in the White House Press briefing room where everybody's sitting. Instead of it being that room, have like a big round table where Kamala and Tim Walls are also sitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be that. Yeah, and I've never really I don't recall or it's not a regular thing to see something like that televised. So I love the idea. Like Buck though trends, you know, like everything has gone out. I know you guys like Dana Bash. I worked with Dana over twenty five years ago. So Danna used to be a producer before she was an on air talent. And I remember on nine to eleven I was a young associate producer in the newsroom and I had to run and get her tapes at the Monocle on Capitol Hill. This is back when she was a producer. So this is nothing personal. I think Dana does what she knows how to do, and so often that is the ancestuous Beltway media. They're talking to each other, for each other, about each other. They're looking to get, you know, those gotcha questions, that sound bite to make some news, and that is not necessarily what the American people need. That's what the Beltway press needs. It's not what the American people need. I think she asked the questions to her narrow lived experience, and so for example, when she was interviewing Jade Vance, which I thought, quite frankly noticed to her was not a great interview, and she asked his opinion on whether he thought Vice President Harris was or not, who gives a shit with this man thinks about her race? I thought that was a completely inappropriate question. I thought the question is self trafficked in racism. She allowed jd Vance to talk about Walls's military service without any follow up, without confronting him about things that Donald Trump has said about those who served in the military without confronting him about Donald Trump's own lack of military service. So I just don't know that you know any like I could certainly do the interview and ask the kind of questions that Dana would ask, But I'm also like most of us have had to be ambidexterous enough that I could ask her about issues that are relevant to the black community. I can ask her about issues relevant to the Latino community, to the Asian American Pacific Islander community, to indigenous communities, the places where these races will be one on the margins, And I just think that she tends to center whiteness in a way that may not be intentional, but it's very much what happens, and it's not her. When you do have a presidential interview at a network, everyone is involved. The head of the DC Burrel is involved, the president of the network is involved, all your producers, Congressional Hill like, it's huge rooms of people weighing in on these I've been in those rooms weighing in on these types of elections. So it's a lot of different perspectives that I think are missed, which is why it's so important to have people of color, not just on air, but behind the camera. Andrew, I know you want to weigh in. We're coming up against the heartbreak. You bring us back on the other side, and we'll pick it up from there. Got to pay some bill, y'all. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Indeed, welcome back, y'all.
Speaker 4: We're just talking about this interview, the first interview that Vice President Harris and Governor Wallas will be conducting with CNN. And I, I mean, I was just going to say, to the extent that your experiences and I take you at your word around your assessment of what it was like working with Dana, I actually think that what you said there is actually being parroted by nearly every journalist that I see on television. This, I mean lesser Holt disappointed me when he interviewed Biden and said, you know, try to equalize what he had been saying on the trail to the violence being promoted.
Speaker 6: By Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: There was just no space for that to take place. Except they're all doing this out of what I believe is a knee jerk reaction to criticism that the right is going to wield their direction any way it comes. It doesn't matter who does the interview, that the right is going to be disappointed by it and they're going to create some sort of side show. So that being said, I just felt like, and I think this is consistent with I don't know that the patent pen would have been my recommendation only because it's it might look like chaos to the viewer if it's that, and I'm sure they probably don't want that to be the image as well, but something innovative. This was a moment I think for innovation, and if there was a ticket that could have delivered innovation, I think the way that they have curated so far, their introduction to their can people as presidential and vice presidential candidate candidates has been quite frankly superb. This looks like a little bit of a sort of standing place turn and I don't think we have time for standing in place. Every day has to be momentum building movement, and I don't know that this does it. But guess what, I trusted them up to this point and they have overperformed. Maybe there's enough a performance coming on this one.
Speaker 1: I mean, the candidate's not the interviewer.
Speaker 4: The candidates that is, of course, they gotta have.
Speaker 6: They gotta have a kitchen cabinet that's larger than normal because they got to cover more ground than normal, though, and I just think they cannot. I don't know when the next interview is. It should be a slew of them, and I think they could be. We're not gonna sit down. Y'all got to catch us on the trail, right, like they got to do a lot of stuff in one movement. While you're on the trail, you recording those ads. While you're recording those ads, you get growing your base. While you grow in your base, you shaking hands with Sarrogen's making sure that they got their marchin orders. Why are you doing that? You want to call Andrew just like you used to have a press briefing, call messaging car every morning, like you just got to do everything it wants.
Speaker 1: Angela, what do you want to hear from them? If you can give them one piece of advice, Like, here's the thing I want you to hit home in this interview.
Speaker 6: I want them to not run away from truth. I think that Democratic candidates have a way of hedging that they can't afford to do in this election season. I think that our candidates get focused on trying to please folks on polar opposite sides, and you just have to talk about nuance. You have to talk about the gray. You have to say, hey, you know, this is something whether it's you know, what's happening in Palestine, this is something I'm wrestling with. I've heard the story of this person that person, and have shed real tears. This is difficult. We're gonna need all hands on deck. These are the kinds of things that I want to see happen so we can reach a ceasefire. Like just being honest with folks and not starting with hey first before I say anything else. Israel has a right to defend itself. We know, Oh that's right, Like you know what I mean? Like not those typical cookie cutter talking points. I think that would make me the most happy and excited about their ability to grow their base, because they need to rest in truth and feel very good about speaking truth and being clear when they don't know, but they know they need to get there.
Speaker 1: I have to say, Andrew, I the specific thing that I want them to talk about. Obviously, domestic policy is a huge deal. Inflation is still hidding. You know, the kitchen table and those kitchen table topics are hugely important, so presumably that I do want to hear her response, specifically on Iran and the urseoning challenges we're having with some of our foreign adversaries. My reasoning is, I would like for this country to normalize what it to have a woman as commander in chief, to normalize what it might look like to have a woman during wartime presidents. Considering what Donald Trump has said about our armed forces and people who choose to serve, I think this is a time where she can say, not only does she have an intellectual command on what's happening across the globe in US positioning as it relates to that, but she's also prepared to lead this country to defend itself when and wherever necessary. So I hope that Dana asked her, you know, how she would be prepared to respond should Iran cross a line, and how she might be prepared to deal with a nuclear armed Iran, which is a huge deal and something that we are facing.
Speaker 4: No, you're you're absolutely right on that. In fact, if y'all remember doing this speech when she got to International affairs in the might of the US of the baddest fighting force in the land, right. I almost thought she had voice training. If you notice she went from sort of a you know, what I felt like is going from a tenor into a baritone, and her voice sort of got a little bit lower. She was in complete awareness and I think control of how she was being curated to the American people very directly.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: You think about curating as a third person delivering something. I think she had that third person in her head, as in, what do I need to make sure you feel from me in this moment? And what I felt was strength, determination, and a woman who would be unquivering and making the decision when the time to make a decision would come. And what I hope she does in this interview with both her intent is that they avoid getting caught in the trappings of these particulars that I think are going to be thrown out as most Beltway journalists are going to do well when back in such and such and such there was this vote, and then there was this, and there was that, and unless it's a really big important sort of back and forth that's being had, meaning what is being to discussed is consequential. Where you stand on women's rights, where you stand on you know, big tax issues. I hope they avoid those traps and keep this thing, yes specific to where specificity is need, but that they keep it grand enough that it doesn't lose the average viewing public's attention. And I think those particulars have a way of counting a lot of people out of it. They're like, I don't know what that bill was, and I don't know what it's about, and I really can't follow it. If it goes there, I think it loses public interest, and what we need here is maximum public viewership.
Speaker 6: You know, one thing that I was going to flag for y'all really quick that I'm concerned about is I don't want this As much as it is a continuation of the ticket that folks voted for in the primary, it's also an opening for a new opportunity and a new chapter for democracy. So I really am hoping that there's not a lot of time spent on well, we already did that, Well, this administration did that. Well, listen, you know what I mean, Like, I hope that there's a way to say, well, we started here, but here's where we want to go the nature. Yes, that's what I'm really really hoping for too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's sort of you even did a better job about like voted than what I was trying to say in the trappings, which is always tying you to the past. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. If they tied Donald Trump and this other dude to the past, they'd be stuck there. There'd be no time for the future. But Kamala has not been in the chief executive position yet as president, and as we can see with her campaigning for president, you become a different person when you are the person who is ultimately accountable. She fully possesses that. I have felt it all the while since she's been the nominee, and I just keep that command, keep it big. And as Angela points out, take us to the future. Where are we going?
Speaker 5: Where we headed?
Speaker 1: I want to correct myself on something if we can shift topics, because Andrew, when I first when you were talking about the Republicans that signed to endorse her again, I think some of what she says in this interview will be directed to them. And this is what I was bringing up last week. As the Democratic Party grows, the coalition and grows the tent, I think we have to be steadfast and pay attention and make sure that the policies continue to serve the people who were always with the Democratic Party, largely black and brown folks. So I'm paying keen attention to the messages that they deliver. But we were talking about the two hundred Republicans who endorse Vice President Harris this week, and I said it was Bush and John McCain. I'm gonna correct myself. It was John McCain and Romney, people who had previously worked for them in their own campaign staff. Yeah, but it was like McCain's former chief of staff.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, so that coalition was larger than than previous presidents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you, I know you wanted to talk about that.
Speaker 4: Well just that, I mean, I think this was an interesting point because you all mentioned it, you know, as the sides as we were on the dayas doing our show, like why something, you got room for this Republican but you don't have room for this message a critical part of our base. And I completely we were all in agreement as it relates to to that, and I'm glad we were able to create create create space for that message to be delivered. But but the politics of elections is about the math of elections is about addition, and I think what they had to do in that convention and what they've got to do going forward is add to what they've already got, what's baked in, what is expected, what we know we can deliver. They've got to add to it because by ourselves alone, we haven't shown the history of being able to take us fully all the way there. Obama required bringing folks into the fold who were not previously there. What I appreciate about folks coming into the fold now, and particularly the Republicans who have been targeted, is that they're not there because of her tax policy. They are there because of her position necessarily on immigration. They're not there because of her previous voting records. Many of what we heard from many of them on the stage, and what we have continued to hear from the Conservatives who are backed he is like, this is a moment of country over party, that this dude is so out of whack with what is what is bedrock American principles. That's what one not abandoning allies, that is not surrendering our position on the global stage, that is not decreasing from a global leadership role, but rather stepping up in a global leadership role. I think those are the areas in which Republicans are finding common cause with the Harris Walls ticket. Not on I think the issues that are going to bring us enjoyment and happiness, and I think that those bedrock principles. I have not heard an equivocation from her or Walls on those yet, and in this interview we will hopefully hear more on the positions. But if I see that we're starting to surrender where we stand on the John Lewis voting rack, where we stand on regulation of many industries in this country that are underregularly, you know where we are on guns.
Speaker 5: If I see.
Speaker 4: Surrender in that, then we got issues. And I think she would have issues across the board from from our coalition that that put them there, But I haven't seen that yet. I think the common cause is basically like this guy is a threat to global order and that's what's bringing a lot of these Republicans along, Not that they agree with us on our on our on our fundamental position democrats.
Speaker 6: Can I just say, though, I you know, I was sitting here thinking while you were talking the injury the thing.
Speaker 4: About no I was.
Speaker 6: Because I was like you know the thing that that was that was bothering me last week, and now I can kind of put words to it about the number of them who were on the d n C stage while space wasn't made for issues that a lot of us really care about. Is you know what during George Floyd when all of our white friends were calling us crying, asking what they could do, what books they could read if we wanted to take over their Instagram? Remember yeah, I remember, yeah, So follow me here. Should they be talking on the d n C stage or do they need to go talk to their friends Republicans? Like, but this is my thing, Like maybe some space should have been made for never trumpers on the r n C stage. Maybe some space should.
Speaker 1: Be made for for never trumpers on h on op ed pages, editorial pages.
Speaker 6: Maybe they should got a ad, Maybe they can contribute to the Lincoln Project. Maybe they could do something where they go talk to their friends, Like, I don't need to know why you're supporting the right thing because it's the right thing to do. Like to me, this isn't even about to your point, Andrew, it is not about politics. It is country over a party. Well, then go talk to your fellow countrymen. Talk to the National Confederacy of Republican assemblies. Go talk to the Confederates, please and convince them, please, like, go and surrogate there god spaces in the Red States where Tiff said is changing, where it hasn't quite changed yet. Please go talk to them.
Speaker 4: But Angela, I'm the stage that had these were just democrats watching. This was the stage that you had the diversity of America trying to see what their choices were. I would like for some of them they needed they need. That's like me watching, I could not, honestly, I could not envision right now where I it a condition under which I would vote for a Republican president right And for many of these Republicans, they could not fathom a condition under which they would.
Speaker 6: Be voluused about that. I want them to go grow that base.
Speaker 4: They're doing that, Angela, No, I don't see.
Speaker 6: I don't think they're doing that by speaking on the d NC stage. I think that some of the things they've done since then are helpful. And I'm just I would love to see the numbers of folks who were watching, Like, for example, Fox News ran DNC coverage. Where were those folks on those Fox News panels as.
Speaker 4: They gotta be invited right about.
Speaker 6: They can go and be Trojan horses. Go be like I got something to say about Donald Trump, y'all. I want to hear and then shift.
Speaker 4: I'd agree with you, Angela if the only stage that they were letting their voices be heard were on ours, But that isn't true. The op ed that got the mayor from Arizona on the stage came out before the DNC. He was letting his voice. He heard with McCain former employees, and where he lives, where he is mayor, is sitting elected official. He was doing that where he sits and talking to his people.
Speaker 6: I think there's something about you that enjoys it and I and I think that's fine. I just wanted to be effective, Like can you enjoy and be effective? I just think I need to be Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I want to win. I want a Democrat.
Speaker 1: We want to be right back at Katie, which is before Andrew, let me just say after week quickly Andrew, before you. Yeah, we got to it. But I got a comment in a question and the question bringing us bringing up this this National Confederation. I want to hear what that's about. And I got something on this, but we gotta pay some bills, so we'll be right back on the other back.
Speaker 7: Hey Native Lympod, my name is Ryan. I'm coming to you from Idaho. Yes, there are black people in Idaho doing the Lord's work. Anyway, I have a question, a couple questions. The first one is probably more for Andrew. I would love to hear your thoughts on the potential of Florida becoming a swing state and actually being taken by the Harris Walls ticket. I'm also Texas I feel like might be in play as the potential swing state as well. I'd just love to hear your insights about that, especially with the momentum that has been happening in both of those states for the Democratic Party, and what it would take for the DNC to take in some extra funding to ensure that that could actually happen. My next question is I think you may have covered a part of this, but I would love to hear your thoughts about what the DNC is doing to prepare for the onslaught of election deniers that are in place and offices all over the country. What do you think the DNC should do to make sure that the election can function and run as smoothly as possible. Thanks you guys.
Speaker 6: Wow, Ryan, thank you so much. Andrew. I do want to hear your answer about the.
Speaker 4: Circle back on it really go yeah, because I want to hear your thoughts first. I'd love to No, I want you to talk.
Speaker 6: A first about the Florida swing state thing because I got something to say.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have scar tissue on Florida.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I ran in a state where Republicans were in control of the elections laws, in every system of governance in our state for twenty plus years. We got the closest point three percent different out of eight million voters having gone out and cast their vote. And you know, whatever happened, I didn't get sworn in as governor of the state of Florida, right, So everything notwithstanding that didn't occur. But I will tell you, you know, we just had elections this past Tuesday while we were up at the DNC, and Democrats flipped a number of seats over fifty seats from local jurisdictions all the way up to state legislative level seats from our hands to d hands, particularly on these school boards where they were running these conservative candidates. Ron de Santa's Han picked a whole bunch of them, and many of them went down in defeat at the hands of Democrats. So I think the signs of pointing in the right direction. I think we are a state that is going to require more than election year investments. We need investments year round, three sixty five, year in and year out in order to come back. Because guess what, y'all, if we even turn out the requisite number of votes that we need, we got to have enough in the bank to then get over all the disenfranchisement, all the invalidating the votes that they're going to do, whatever court cases they are going to take before the judges that they have appointed. So the system's got to be almost bigger than the voters themselves, just because of the system of disenfranchisement that exists in this state. So I love to share the optimism of my brother in Idaho, and I do have optimism, and I'm so thankful to our chair here in the state of Florida and Nikki Freed. But we should compete, absolutely, and if we do the work right and we put some you know, some goldies in the pocket, we might pull this thing through. But anything that gets us closer is a good thing in this state, and I think the same is probably true in the state of Texas. But they're coming at us with everything, and I know you've got the example from Texas that just makes the point even clear. It's a repeat of exactly what Ron DeSantis did right here in the state of Florida, using law enforcement to suppress people's abilities to the.
Speaker 6: Ballot before we get there. As I know Tip has something there. I want to just say, Andrew, the reason why I wanted to come to you first, I know that it's painful, is because there is no better political operative, former elected official, former candidate for the Harris Walls campaign to talk to than you. The reason for it is not only was it within reach, had they counted all the ballots, it was won, so they got to talk to you. There's no other person they need to talk to more. That's all I really want to say about.
Speaker 4: Just say they haven't had if they put the muscle strength that they did in the If they do what they did, and that second cycle where Chris was at the top and Deming's ran statewide, we had a twenty point loss, twenty point difference, And my point is y'all do what you won't, but we had a record I think a pathway to victory. That's right, and it's one that we have to implement every single year period.
Speaker 6: So please make sure. Here's while y'all call Andrew gillim because this is really important. Like I'm not saying he got a layer anybody, but he definitely needs to be consulting y'all. It is for your own best interest. And if you want to win the United States of America, you might want to talk to Florida too. We just can't turn into turn our back on any state. TIF speaking of turning our backs on states or states turning their backs on us. I feel like you got something to say about Texas. I want, but I'm gonna talk about Texas. I'm not talking to me A better transition aout.
Speaker 1: Do you know why I want to hear about dread Scott Because did y'all see The Princess Brian when y'all were young. I used to love that movie, but they used to call it was a scary pirate in there, and they called them the dread pirate Scott. So every time you say that, I think it a dread pirate Scott anyway, but I'll talk about Texas. Yes, So here's my thing, and I think we're kind of all talking about similar things. The go ok is going to cheat that the more people who show up and vote, the less likely they are to win elections. So they have historically always engaged in voter suppression all across the country. It was not just the Bible Belt, it wasn't just in the South. Voter suppression has taken place all across the country. When they struck down the Voter Rights and Shelby be Holder, which struck down Section two of the Voting which essentially said that states or states with a history of voter suppression had to get federal permission before making any changes. That has now gone away and we're seeing the impact of that. LULAC, this is the League of United Latin American Citizens, have filed a lawsuit against Ken Paxton. Ken Paxton is the attorney general out of the state of Texas. He is a Trump minion, a Trump appointee, a Trump acolyte. You can look at this guy's history. He was one of the outspoken Tea Party members in Congress. When he shifted to local to state politics in Texas. He's an outspoken opponent of any access to abortion rights. He's an outspoken opponent to LGBTQ rights. His policies are racist and xenophobic and heartless. This man has been wreaking havoc on the Latino communities in Texas. Let me tell you why. An estimated thirty six point two million Latinos are eligible to vote this year alone. That's up from thirty two million thirty two point three million in two twenty twenty. That's a four million increase. Latino voters have eclipsed Black voters in the largest community of color eligible to vote, eligible, not registered, eligible to vote. That's important. Every year about one point four million Latinos become eligible to vote in the United States. Majority of Latino voters voted for the Biden Hairs ticket in twenty twenty. That's all according to Pew Research. So the Latino community is projected to account for fourteen point seven percent of all eligible voters in November. I want you to take a listen to eighty seven year old Lydia Martinez, who lives in San Antonio. She's been a LULAC member for over thirty five years and she works to expand voter registration among seniors and veterans in South Texas. Let me let you hear from her what Ken Paxton's regime put her through in her home. Take a listen, I said, let me get dressed.
Speaker 6: It's just a quad site.
Speaker 5: Where were you wearing?
Speaker 8: My night gun? And I had all these policemen around me. It was embarrassing, humiliating. I was so angry, it was horrible.
Speaker 1: So after bursting into this woman's home, Ken Paxson's regime, basically this is voter intimidation. This is a troubling history of voter suppression that has always existed in the United States, but particularly in states like Texas where demographic changes have shifted the political wins there, and Paxson's office has announced that they are launching undercover operations. I want to remind everyone Texas is an open cary state. This is, according to him, investigations because alleging some organizations are unlawfully registering non citizens to vote. Non citizens. Now imagine if you're here undocumented, You're trying to say, off everybody's radar, are you going to risk being deported by showing up to vote? The allegation is sol Is Acid nine. So I wanted to raise this because the only people who win when we beef are them. Latino voters are facing voter suppression, not just in Texas, Andrew and your neck of the woods, in Florida and everywhere else in the country. Black voters in Georgia and everywhere else in the country are facing these type of voter suppression tactics. We have to be aware of them, we have to stay ahead of them. And this is how they're trying to cheat before the election. I can't imagine what they're going to do after the election. Angela. I think this leads us up to that. I think this fight could land in the courts. I don't see I hope I'm wrong. I hope we win this election in a decisive way where it's not even worth going to the courts. But if it's one on the margins, I do not anticipate that we will have a decisive victory that night. I do not anticipate that Donald Trump will concede to a peaceful transition of power. I don't anticipate his supporters will accept election results they don't like. And we're already seeing some of that now with these groups like the NFRA.
Speaker 6: You know, the thing that I want to say too, Tiff is with Ms Martinez. I'm so sorry. My parents are in their eighties and I just can't imagine my parents or their friends doing this kind of work and being subjected to this type of treatment. This woman talks about nine officers showing up at her home with weapons drawn and questioning her for over three hours. Manuel Medina, who's also a LULAC member, said his home was raided and they broke his door down. And this is for alleged voter fraud that they continue to make up. We've talked about it for a long time, voter suppression in their alleged solutions that they've introduced bills over and over again, hundreds of bills over the last several years since President Obama was elected. It is a solution in search of a problem. That was the common way that this was referred to. It's the way we still need to refer to it if they don't win it talking about suppression and voter fraud because it just doesn't stick. The election deniers are the places where they're going to go next. And I want to just say, because we're in Texas. I just looked it up because and this is to draw the bridge. I think further that tiff was creating we're beefing with each other. Crystal Mason, who we had on the stage with us at Essence, is on the other side of this black woman who was released, she was incarcerated, formerly incarcerated, comes out votes in an election with the provisional ballot, as we talked about on the essence stage. Well, guess what just last week while we were at the DNC, we know that she was fighting and facing a five year sentence after casting that provisional ballot, courts overturned it. Well, this da from Trek County comes back and says, you know what, I really think the court needs to take a second look look at this. So if they asked the Court of Criminal Appeals to reverse the decision, the court is now reviewing that case. That's just six days ago. So Texas is covering the board on voter fraud. That is the main issue that we're facing. I think that we have to understand that they're willing to stop at no lengths. So this superseding indictment. The Jack Smith has come out with saying, you know, what the court rule one way on presidential immunity. Now we need to take a look at this. He's consulted with everyone at DOJ, saying this is actually a case. We're looking at it, and it is because if we continue to turn a blind eye, not we, but they continue to turn a blind eye to January sixth and all of the election deniers that showed up to the United States Capital, we're going to be facing a real problem. I think we need to get some data pulled on how many people have been elected on these commissions, these boards, these governor appointed boards, looking at what they're putting in place to deny the election results. If they're not rules, if they don't go in there and.
Speaker 1: Their budgets before you go to dress stock, well, we got to take a break before she goes to dresscott.
Speaker 6: But now that I was, I just.
Speaker 4: Wanted to make a comment prior before we end it on this on what you just discussed. So I guess we'll do it after we pay it.
Speaker 1: Make you point and take us to break.
Speaker 4: Not only did Trump commission and panel a commission to look at voter fraud which came up with absolutely nothing. Democrat didn't didn't pandel it Trump and paneled it. They came up with nothing as relates to voter fraud. I just got to say, in Texas, Miss Lydia Rodriguez, obvious, Crystal Masons Martinez. I'm sorry Crystal Mason's example. While they may be the individuals whose names we call, this is a shot over the bow to every Latino voter and every black voter in the state of Texas to say that you are not wanted. And when we see a not wanted sign, when people step and stand in the doorway of progress, Hello South, when they stay in the door where we we go through a window, we figure a way to go in and have our impact. However, we have to make it happen. I just want to make sure that their attacks on us, y'all don't land. There are going to be these efforts that go after individuals. They are going to attempt to prosecute us. They are going to attempt to malign us and call us everything but a child of God. And if we let them win, winning for them is going to be every individual citizen who is eligible to vote making the decision that they are not going to vote because they don't want to deal with that drama. I understand you're not wanting to deal with it, but their strategy isn't to get miss Lydia. Their strategy is not just to get Crystal by herself. The strategy is to keep the rest of us from daring to exercise our rights because of if we do, these are the consequences that await us, and that would be a win for them. We cannot allow them to have the courts. We will get that back in balance at some point, but this that's going down right now, and it's going to be repeated from here until election day and beyond. We cannot let them win, y'all, because their goal is to keep us in time, imitated, silenced in our corner, and not voting. That's how they win. So I just wanted to just say that bring this to the point that it ain't about these individual stories alone, y'all. This is this is a strategy that they have deployed. They know it, they invented it. It's worked so many times before, but not this day, not today, Not this day.
Speaker 1: Somebody called that stupid eight hundred number they had for voter fraud that Trump enacted, and everybody they started getting pranks like everybody started calling and somebody said, Hi, I just want you to know I voted in off fifty states. It's so stupid anyway, all right, exactly, yeah, minute.
Speaker 6: Mark, we're gonna hit this brake.
Speaker 5: Wellcome, welcome, Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 6: Okay, So well, we've teased it this entire show, and it was not by design. We kept want to get to it. But this feels like the best place near the end of the show to talk about something that has sounded like near the end of time. So the National Federation of Republican Assemblies, I've been calling them the Confederation. They call themselves Frederick Douglas Republicans. God only knows why, because they're using something from a night or Sorry at eighteen fifty seven Supreme Court decision against dred Scott, where the Supreme Court ruled that the Constitution didn't apply to dred Scott because he wasn't a United States citizen and therefore he had to remain enslaved. Well, this National Federation of Republican Assemblies has decided that that ruling should apply to Kamala Harris and she should not be qualified to run for the United States presidency. Now here's the problem. We've talked about the birtherism movement for a long time. We know that Donald Trump was one of the chief architects of it when Barack Obama ran. And here the NFRA is coming around to try to run that thing back. And they did just do it to Kamala Harris. They also did it to some folks on their side named Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswami. So there's that. Now here's the little history lesson I just have for y'all, and I love for y'all to weigh in. There are two things that makes this completely irrelevant. One is, and Andrew, I knew you were going to get to this too. There was the thirteenth, the fourteenth and fifteenth Amendment, all ratified between eighteen sixty five and eighteen sixty nine reconstruction. How about that that would make it so that what they're talking about from this dread Scott decision is no longer applicable. And then there was an eighteen ninety eight Supreme Court case US versus won kim Arc, which was about whether or not the Chinese Exclusion Act applied to this particular citizen. They made it very clear in that court case as well, who what natural born citizen was and the child had to be born here. Kamala Harris's parents became United States citizens later. I don't even want to get into this because I'm tired of this. We shouldn't still be talking about it. It is so dumb. But I just want to make sure y'all understand from the National Confederacy of the Republicans assemblies y'all on that bush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also there's the little thing that happened in eighteen sixty one. I mean this happened. This ruling was eighteen fifty seven. This is before the Civil War of eighteen sixty one. Yes, So this is literally it's like you're going against America. Like it would literally be like pushing a policy that that Russia introduced in America. This was not an American thing. So every time you see people flagging these conservative flags and wearing this, it's like those people fought against what are now the United States. They were looking to secede from the Union. So it's bizarre that they're pulling, well, the America that exists today. It's very anti American from those But I'm talking logic, so I don't know if that's all.
Speaker 8: All that.
Speaker 6: Logic. What are they talking because.
Speaker 4: I think they're talking strict constructionism, right, think they call themselves strict constructionists. They stick to the letter of the Constitution. But obviously, if you're going to subscribe to the system of governance in the United States of America, decisions that are decided by the United States Supreme Court can be overturned by future courts. And that's exactly what Angela pointed out while dread Scott. We may have been property, you fast forward that thing a little bit. We're no longer property. We're human, we're people us unless they maintain that we're still property right, and if that's the case, then you'd have to delegitimize a whole set of progress that's taking place since that point at the hands of black foes. So it's just it doesn't make any sense. I just wish that they were in some ways, some ways fidel to what it is that they say they stand for. If you stand for the Constitution of the United States and the laws therein appertaining to its citizens, then you know that a court, when a court comes down on a decision that becomes the order of the day in alignment with the Constitution and the laws up until such point as they are changed. Well, they were changed through a war, through a Supreme Court, through a presidency, and a whole legacy of progress that's taken place ever since. These folks, these honestly, Angela, I think they are trolling us. Excuse my language. I just left the AMI convention. Anyway, I think that they are trolling us because if they were serious, they would follow a lawsuit. And I need to be careful what I'm asking for, as you have already won. The Supreme Court is backwards to But I cannot imagine just as I couldn't imagine us declaring a king in twenty twenty four, I couldn't imagine a real legitimate court saying, oh, Dred Scott still snids legitimate.
Speaker 6: And that's the thing. I think that what the reason why I wanted to talk about this is not to give it teeth, But just like we talked about the voter fraud, the alleged voter fraud attacks, the raids, these are things that I never thought we would see in our lifetime, y'all. These are the things that our grandparents witness, our parents on the tailent witness. Why are we witnessing it again? I'm bringing this this It's not a case, it's a resolution they introduced, but I'm bringing it up as a flag because they could try to take this to the court and I don't trust the Supreme Court of the United States.
Speaker 1: And that sounds crazy, but I don't trust it. And so Andrew was like, why don't they just too?
Speaker 6: I'm like, why don't we not?
Speaker 1: And it doesn't sound crazy that you don't trust them to me? Can I ask you guys a question before we get to tult action. I just want to hear from y' all on this before we gotta go. Do we think a debate between Kamala Harris, Vice President Kamala Harris and Donald Trump is going to happen?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: You say yes?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Andrew?
Speaker 1: What you say.
Speaker 4: Was he frozen if his team decides his only Yeah?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about it because I want to say no, because I think this guy ultimately is intimidated by her the fact that she has stepped on the other side of this mute button.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: If y'all remember it was Trump's team that did not want those Mike Madet when he was dividing Baden by Biden. Biden stood firm that he wanted his team did because he did not want to have what happened with with UH with Clinton, where he's over talking her and over speaking. So it was a it was a way to keep him safe. Well, guess what Comlin got them safety concerns. She feels like if if, if you, if you feel in froggy, jump and see what's on the other side of the landing, because she trusts her instincts and she trusts her ability to handle him. I trust her ability to fully handle that dude body him. But but but his team is now saying, okay, mute button must stay in place because they don't trust that their candidate is safe in her hands.
Speaker 5: And they're right to.
Speaker 6: Conclude that that looks like lily pad. So if you're feel in frogly feeling frog, if you're feeling frog and leaf on this lily.
Speaker 1: We should have been wearing those T shirts at the DNC.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, I feel Angela will body them body him too, So it doesn't you know either way either way, they don't trust it. So my instincts say he doesn't want a condition under which he's he is handled by her. Yeah, and I don't understand. I don't really believe that that she would pull out of a debate.
Speaker 1: But if anybody back out, he's going to back out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so, so can we talk about this?
Speaker 1: I want to get into it. I'm not doing this caricature that Angela wants to do. But we got a plan.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that was never the plan.
Speaker 1: Man, We got a plan now though, right, James, g our friend, James, are we gonna do Are we gonna do that next week? Yeah? We want to do it next week.
Speaker 4: Wait, you didn't tell us whether or not you thought he voting? I mean, is he going to debate?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do I think?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I so, I say no. I do not think these two will come together in the debate stage, as much as I would like them to. I say he's gonna find some reason to pull out. I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 6: If there how much money are we betting on this? Twenty dollars got five five on it?
Speaker 1: No dinner?
Speaker 6: Okay, dinner, okay, dinner.
Speaker 1: So if they okay, okay, if they if they debate, Andrew and Tiff are buying me dinner? Yes?
Speaker 6: Both the y'all are on that side. I'm gonna win. I'm ready.
Speaker 4: I said, I was up the middle.
Speaker 6: No, you can't be in the You always trying to do it.
Speaker 5: I'm never in the middle.
Speaker 6: Andrew.
Speaker 1: You are trying to most debate or not. You said no, what so Andrew? You trying to play both yes, but tell him he does it. I do not try to Katie carry.
Speaker 4: Not being entertained. That's not both.
Speaker 1: Us a native land pod polling firm, and I will ask a yes or no question.
Speaker 6: Andrew's like, well, it depends exactly. You do that all the time, Andrew.
Speaker 4: No, I just try to get clear on the questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, we owe you dinner if they debate rules, that's the rules.
Speaker 6: Yes, but I want two different dinners.
Speaker 1: That's fair, that's fair, Okay, okay, different for the price of.
Speaker 4: Around here. I'm cooking. I'm cooking the one that you're getting from me.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: You can't set conditions on that.
Speaker 6: What can you cook?
Speaker 4: I said, by the baby.
Speaker 6: You can't make no jambalaya?
Speaker 1: Can you make us?
Speaker 6: Well, you have to make.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then you got If they don't debate, then we got it.
Speaker 4: What do you make?
Speaker 6: Your chicken for jambalaya, Andrew.
Speaker 4: If it don't come with the Zaans, Oh.
Speaker 6: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: And you're just trying to run a Zan's commercial. They have some dollars, run us our money.
Speaker 6: It's sliding down the chair.
Speaker 1: I think it's got these calls to action? Do y'all have I want to go?
Speaker 6: I am too upset. Andrew just tried to say, making.
Speaker 1: Both of us, So Andrew, you go first.
Speaker 4: Me and Angelo for y'all talking about dead poor girl.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm looking for it.
Speaker 6: Where are you?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 4: Do you haven't seen conditions changed?
Speaker 5: Maam?
Speaker 1: Do you have a CTA? Andrew?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I want to just thank and congratulate my pastor, an amazing man. The man who, when I had to surrender myself to the government unjustly drove me there. The man who stayed with me, keeping his eyesight on those law enforcement offices the entire time. The man who showed up every single day to trial, even after he broke his foot, stumbled into the courthouse for me, prayed for me and us and my family Jay and on the kids.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: The man who baptized my my three children. Pastor now Bishop elect of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, good friend and great father, husband partner Reverend Julie S. Mcallisair his wife Dina McAllistair for their service.
Speaker 1: Young who worked with Angela at the Congressional Black Caucus and was at the White House both White.
Speaker 6: Campaign operative extraordinary on the trail now and baby.
Speaker 4: New baby, new baby's mama. She is new mom, so thanks congratulations to her sister and her brother in law and my pastor and friend.
Speaker 6: And the legacy of her father.
Speaker 5: Young.
Speaker 1: Yes, the church has a rich history too, and just the ready and all the things they've done. So I haven't met Bishop McAllister, but I would like to.
Speaker 4: Andrew is excellent man.
Speaker 5: When you come visit, we'll all go to church together.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: I love that. I love that calls to action. H y'all need listened as mini pod because I guess it's some stuff we need to get on going. I also want to tell y'all, if you can, please make sure you go back and listen to our episodes last week. I'm extraordinarily proud of them because of how much work we all put in to make sure that happened. Y'all don't understand we had never live streamed before as our podcast, and we had never done back to back episodes on a daily basis and during one of the most historic conventions ever, so it was it was a major undertaking. And I just again want to shout out our team, Lauren, Nick, Lolo, Chloe, like everybody ed helped to put the videography team together. I'm just so thrilled and so grateful. So thanks y'all again, and please make sure yes, yes for making sure that we could have a live stream on Monday. And then lastly, I would say when you go back and listen, check it out wherever you get your podcasts, but also on our YouTube channel, make sure that you're subscribing and checking those out as well. We're trying to make sure we grow both bases and make sure you're following all of our accounts on Instagram, on Twitter, on Facebook, We're at Native lamppod. Same thing for the.
Speaker 4: Hey Angela, Angela RJ told me that in the chats during the live is where it was at. She's like Watt lives, I would like to.
Speaker 1: See the comments. All right, I'll be always since I know we want to have mini pod. So this is a PSA. It's a CTA, but it's really a PSA, a public safety announcement announcement. I want to say, we show up on this podcast and we give it to you straight, no chaser, None of us are edited. This is live to take. We don't go back and listen and say, oh, can you take out this part? Like what you hear is what you get. These are conversations we'd be having whether the cameras are rolling or not. And we love you guys for taking an interest in what we do and showing up. The PSA is this. If you see us out publicly, we make a habit of this is your podcast too. If you disagree with something we say, put it on video, drop us a link. If you see us out publicly, I never mind saying hello, chatting with people, very social people, very Oh that's fine. For your safety. It is not the time to confront any of us in a negative way for your safety and for our safety, because if you're crazy enough to try to aggressively confront one, if we're together, you didn't just confront me, You now confronted Andrew and Angela and anyone else around us. And if I'm by myself, I have to assume if you're getting aggressive with me. I fear for my life and I'm gonna proceed accordingly. So my PSA is, please keep it respectful, Please keep tuning in. We all ride for the people, ride for the community. We love y'all. We welcome y'all home every week. We say that with intention, and we don't. We're not trying to tell you what to think, so we invite a healthy exchange of ideas and ideology and a collegial discourse. So if you want to hear the backstory to this, please tune into the mini pod that will drop on Monday. Minibibes drop every Monday.
Speaker 6: Do you see what I'm holding?
Speaker 4: Tips?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, no, this is not this is the lily pad still because Tips this was tips Wet said. So if you feel in, because.
Speaker 1: I might lead back and hop you know how many days it is to the elections, so you can close us out because.
Speaker 6: D not enough, I think it was.
Speaker 1: Is this Synick? Just come on and tell us make your second debut. He was mad at us six sixty eight. I said that, all right, sixty eight days left until the election. Be sure, like Angela said, subscribe, leave a comment, follow us on all our platform sixty eight days to the election, A register to vote exactly. I am Simony and gros here with Andrew Gillom and Angela Right. Welcome home, y'all, Welcome home last morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining the Natives attentional with the info and all of the latest rock Gillim and cross connected to the statements that you leave on our socials. Thank you sincerely for the patients reason for your choices clear, so.
Speaker 4: Grateful it took to execute.
Speaker 2: Roles for serve, defend and protect the truth, even if PA. Welcome home to all of the Natives wait, Thank you, Welcome y'all.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is the production of iHeart Radio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.