Speaker 1: Amy and TJ presents Aubrey Oday covering the Diddy trial.
Speaker 2: We are back now with Aubrey Q from day twenty six and his.
Speaker 3: Mom, Nicole.
Speaker 2: You made a reference in that lad interview that to a previous interview. You say, yeah, y'all go back and look at me and that I think it was twenty seventeen or some interviews and you say, you look at me in that thing? Do I look okay to you? I'm not okay. Something's wrong with When people go back, I encourage them to look at this, but we see a different individual from the rest sitting there, and I didn't know at that point. I'm looking at you, like what.
Speaker 3: Is wrong with him?
Speaker 2: Like without context, you would look at that video and go, what's wrong with that kid? What was wrong in that moment that you were describing what was wrong?
Speaker 1: That's what he was going through.
Speaker 4: We were trying to figure out what exactly was happening. But even before that, I don't know. Day twenty six did an interview and all the guys were laughing. That was the very first when all this Diddy stuff came out. They did it view and Q was in the back and he was saying you know, people don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I was.
Speaker 5: I was saying something and this is fifty yeah, this is fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he was he was talking then and people reading people went back on that same interview and said, he tried to tell y'all a long time ago.
Speaker 2: A lot of people that was the very first interesting are pulling stuff up like that now and said, oh, it was right there.
Speaker 3: It was in our face. It was right in our face. It was in our face.
Speaker 4: I would still travel with him when Day twenty six was out doing performances and they would.
Speaker 1: Say, well, where's ce. I would go up to the hotel room.
Speaker 4: In the room, he's in the shower, sitting in the middle of the shower with the water just pouring like he was trying to get his thoughts and everything.
Speaker 6: You know what's interesting.
Speaker 7: I ran into somebody during the AIDS walk and they said, to me, you said it all along, but you weren't the person we wanted to hear it from. And as I'm hearing your line of your discussion that you guys are having, I'm thinking to myself, it wasn't just I wasn't the one they wanted to hear it from. They weren't trying to hear it from any of us. It took so many people along the way to have these types of interviews that you're discussing.
Speaker 6: To finally culminate in some way.
Speaker 7: I still wonder systematically what the energy is in that department that took that potentially have has a role in this, because I don't even I don't know how much anyone cared about any of us. And if you could even see it back in an interview, then I've been saying it for twenty years. Who what kind of person needed to say it in order for everybody to listen.
Speaker 4: What's crazy is Then they laughed at him his own bandmates, Oh he's talking crazy. He doesn't know what he's saying. They were laughing at Cue in the interview. However, what's interesting is that interview they laughed at him, But the last interview on Vlad, everybody's crying.
Speaker 8: Everyone was crying.
Speaker 1: You know, you said, who, what's it going to take? It was?
Speaker 8: It was Cassie. It was Cassie Ventura filing a lawsuit. And that's finally when you have the federal investigators looking into it on a criminal level. And now you obviously have him where he is on trial. I'm curious from both of Q and from Mama, what was your reaction when the lawsuit was filed and then when the federal charges actually came down.
Speaker 1: Well, I felt some kind of way.
Speaker 4: I didn't feel some kind of way until interesting, right, I felt some kind of way when the day that he was arrested, how don came out?
Speaker 3: Then haha, what did she do that day? Remember?
Speaker 4: She That's when she came out that she was filing a lawsuit on him as well. It was a bit after that, but yeah, yeah, well you know what I mean. That's that's when I really like and I'm saying again.
Speaker 7: You don't know what she could have been working with the feds. She could have been helping build a case we don't know, or she there could be something else we don't know.
Speaker 3: You wanted to give her the benefit of the day out. I meidding.
Speaker 4: Mother's intuition, and I'm sticking with that, and I'm going I'm gonna respect.
Speaker 2: That even if he's found guilty on all five counts.
Speaker 3: Aubrey and Q, is that justice for you? Is that justice for you? Right? Everybody may have their own level of any justice for me?
Speaker 6: Because for me personally, I'm.
Speaker 7: I'm noticing this like cultural obsession with just being disgusted by him and wanting him to go down.
Speaker 6: They want him under the jail.
Speaker 7: It's just this I'm noticing just within the press that I experienced on a very like lower scale just this past week. I was so loved when I was going to testify. Then if I'm doing a podcaster or there were headlines that I potentially were supporting him or whatever the narrative was being put out there, but either way, what I noticed is like there's this like uproar of people just disgusted with the testimony and really just wanting to see him go down, and I.
Speaker 6: Just want to I just really am.
Speaker 7: I'm seeing that, like without even listening to reason and following everybody's testimony and the law and everything else, we're just it just feels like it's been decided. And and I know how I personally feel by also coming from you know, a parent that's a lawyer and wanting to go to law school myself and having like, you know, an obsession, uh you know, a love language with the law. I want to see justice legally occur. I don't want it to feel like it's an emotional choice. And I don't know how a juror takes emotion out of it at this point, because just hearing the details of one person's story eliminates the ability for that in my opinion, Now now you've heard, you know, I haven't fully I can't fully talk about mine. But now that you guys up close and personally know two, and now with Cassie's three, it's it's loaded, it's layered. There's a lot going on. There's all kinds of things that I'm seeing are wrong. In my opinion, I want to see a cultural reset on the music industry. I think there are toxic levels and layers to this that involve all kinds of things and people. It's been gossiped in the streets for a long time that there are things that are off with him. No, Mama, have you heard the gossip in the streets.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 6: There's gossip in the streets.
Speaker 7: It's been there for a long time, and some people like me or whoever said it put things together for people.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just I think that people don't look at it like that just as much because if you just like I said, people there are people out here that fame is what they want. They want to be in the shoes of someone who has the money. They want that lifestyle, they want that fame.
Speaker 1: That that you know, I think big.
Speaker 7: It's a big part of what you're saying. In this case, that's kind of was his brand, right. He takes a bunch of unknown people on this TV show and he makes them a band.
Speaker 6: You know, it's.
Speaker 7: Bringing the non celebrity fame person to the light and giving them celebrity and fame. And because his brand of celebrity and fame was engulfed in all kinds.
Speaker 6: Of you know howeveryone wants to see it.
Speaker 7: I don't want to place judgment, so I'm looking for the word, but let's just say dark behavior. Yeah, Like, because there's there's that energy over there. Everybody that was in his area of celebrity and fame experience that. They also experienced all of the highs that he has all of the lows, like, you know, the emotions were very extreme and very instant.
Speaker 6: You know, it was giving.
Speaker 4: Even watching you guys an Danny d Kane when all that stuff unfolded and he had the little person, Oh well, Aubrey, We're dismissing you.
Speaker 1: You can go too, and you can go to.
Speaker 4: And I felt that that moment then I felt I just felt that.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know, it's just it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: I was asking about justice. I want to hear from you tube.
Speaker 2: What does justice look like for you with the did with Diddy?
Speaker 3: Did he? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And for what your son has experienced in this whole situation? Is there a different levels?
Speaker 4: I think that everybody that had a hand in everything that's going.
Speaker 6: On that part.
Speaker 8: So how many people are we talking about seriously?
Speaker 1: Because I don't really see, I don't really know.
Speaker 4: I can only speak on what I've experienced around my child.
Speaker 7: Anyone that was willingly bringing people in, anyone that was willingly doing things with somebody that was passed out correct, anyone that was part of the wrangling or the actual behavior. To me, the wranglers are just as bad as the behavior.
Speaker 8: And Q has anyone ever reached out to you from law enforcement, homeland security investigators asking for your take on what happened to you, what your experiences were.
Speaker 5: No, I honestly think the picture of me wasn't painted correctly.
Speaker 3: I don't believe.
Speaker 5: If I believe that maybe someone had a conversation and told them a false story about me, then tell them the truth about who I am, and which probably made them be like, Okay, this is not a person to believe or I don't know. So I'm just thinking like maybe like like you guys didn't know like the information I told you, like that's the truth. I'm thinking they got like another story like this is who he is and don't believe him.
Speaker 8: And do you think perhaps your mental health issues, which have been publicly documented, created a situation which they thought, well, he'll just get torn apart.
Speaker 6: They don't know about my mental health prior to this trial. You did announce it, so maybe they just felt, Yeah, it's always that you can't you.
Speaker 7: Can't take somebody's ex experience out of the water because they have any type of mental health condition, like people that I everybody in this room probably has some. It's a sliding skill everything.
Speaker 1: Let's be a break, and let's be clear.
Speaker 7: You never you have to take Diddy out of the trial if you're not going to address mental health.
Speaker 4: But this is the thing, and let's be clear you never had any intentions on suing anyone.
Speaker 6: He never has. I know, That's what that's because he doesn't.
Speaker 1: If I can only get an apology.
Speaker 6: He wants a ditty, I asked him, kept saying.
Speaker 1: And the hell wants an apology.
Speaker 4: I want you to pay for what you've done, if you had something to do with hurting and harming me, he asked for an apology.
Speaker 5: But this is why I wanted an apology from Diddy because at the time, I was very young. He has sons my age, He has sons that are my age, and I'm like.
Speaker 6: They're in their own court supporting you, you know I.
Speaker 5: Mean, And the way he orchestrated that pill to be given to me was fucked up, because you want the one that might do that to your kids. And I was very very young around his kids, his young son's kids age, you know what I'm saying, maybe a couple of years older. So I think that's why I ask, like, man, I just really want a genuine apology of why you did that to me because I don't really understand, and can you be man enough to apologize to me, because I don't want to sue you.
Speaker 6: When you woke up in that room. Was he in the room?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: He was down there with the camera, yes.
Speaker 3: And with that. Do you think that's enough for you?
Speaker 2: You think if did he come and you fill in the blank, if he says Q, I apologize for blank and you're telling me that it's going to be a healing, that would tell.
Speaker 5: Me what I would know that I'm not that I'm not talking crazy to people.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Do you start to doubt your own story? Yeah, certain point or what your own experience.
Speaker 1: Was, Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 7: The testimony has been so dramatic that I get wrapped up in the emotion of it, and then I go home and go, girls.
Speaker 6: Stop, you saw a little bits of egg y and z where you know, you know what you know?
Speaker 7: And then I calm down for a second and go, Okay, let me just I always try to come back. Like I said day one, when you said what I want the ending to be, I want that. I want to wait. I don't have a choice. I don't have like a dog in the fight. I like I said, my my, My number one thing that I love is the law. The number one thing I respect or the officers that went around and did what they did, and the number one thing that I want to see happen is I want them to prove the case that they brought forward.
Speaker 6: They're the Southern District.
Speaker 7: They fail very very few times. I don't think they'd take a fail on Ditty, the biggest iconic, you know, one of the biggest, most iconic people in the music world. So to me, I just want the case to be proven. And maybe it, you know, it is in the the weave, the weaving of the good and bad, you know. I think there was admission by Cassie that of the things that she said that may appear like there was desires in some of it and then not desires in a lot of it. You know, maybe it is complicated and complex, and maybe you have to leave room for even with Dawn, and I know you guys don't feel that way.
Speaker 2: Right now, Mama, I want to ask you one last thing here. First, you've we didn't understand fully. Did you spend any time with did he?
Speaker 1: I met Diddy one time?
Speaker 3: Just what was your impression.
Speaker 1: I can't really.
Speaker 4: Say nothing bad because I didn't meet him until after they made the band. And there was a club appearance and I think it was an album release. I just know it was a club appearance or a little party, private party or something, and I met him that one time and just introduced this is cu'es mom.
Speaker 1: He just say hey, Cassie was there.
Speaker 4: But that was the last time that I've ever physically been around Diddy.
Speaker 2: I've never so here's the last thing I wanted to.
Speaker 1: He was very quiet.
Speaker 4: He was very quiet, and I can't put anything onto how I felt at that time because I just knew it was Diddy.
Speaker 6: And just being in the room, and it was exciting.
Speaker 1: It was very exciting for me.
Speaker 4: But let me just say this, I've been in the room with a lot of celebrities since then, and I'm the one that stands back. I never I can't even give you pictures of celebrities that I've even been in the room with, just traveling along with Q because I always wanted. I didn't want to. I didn't want to feel like I was a groupie, you know what I mean. So, I mean it's exciting.
Speaker 1: Most people be like, oh, can I get a picture, you know, with you just as a moment.
Speaker 4: I've never been that type of person, So I can't even give you photos of people that I actually been around, not even with you, guys. I've never pressured you, guys. And when day twenty six was around. I've never said Aubrey or Andrea or you know, even Dawn. Even having my son and Down together was a powerful thing because back then they were dq.
Speaker 1: Everybody loved them, you know.
Speaker 4: And I can't even remember really how many photos I have on hand with just my son and Down because I just never was that.
Speaker 1: I just I just I'm not.
Speaker 4: This is the very first interview that I've ever done and had anything to say, because I don't want people to think that, you know, oh what, there's his mom again, you know what I mean, or you know, anything like. But this time I wanted to speak how I felt because I thought it was important.
Speaker 2: Why I wanted to ask you this last is because we've been covering this story and all this for a long long time, very closely, and one of the most human moments of this whole story happened in this room while we're doing this podcast.
Speaker 3: Because of you.
Speaker 2: We watched this trial and so many it's celebrity and we see famous folks doing it, and it seemed so how far fetched and out of reach. But this is the most relatable part that anybody, or at least I've heard, because there is a mother for her son. And my question was about and I'm sorry that asked this lastly, but as a parent, I think it's probably there some bit of guilt that you feel for putting your son in that position which you were trying to just help him. But do you as a mother, and I'm asking it in a human way versus forget to try, But just as a mother, did you have moments and has this all been difficult in that regard? Just as a mother, forget the celebrity feeling like you in some way your son down and some way I know those guilty parties, and I was saying your fault, but do you as a mother cannot help but.
Speaker 1: Feel that yes, I can agree with what you're saying. That That's why I say, I just wish my son would have just stayed in college. I just don't. I don't. I hate this fame stuff.
Speaker 5: It's okay, but don't feel guilty because the decision was my decision, Mama.
Speaker 1: I decided. I begged him for my dream.
Speaker 4: I begged him when he called me and he says, Mom, I'm not gonna stay in college. I'm gonna do this making in the band. And I said, Q, you wasted my money. It was the first thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 4: He did three months, one semester, Five Towns College, one semester.
Speaker 1: I'm like, are you serious? My money's gone down to drain, Like why are we gonna pay this back?
Speaker 4: You know, we're already struggling to send you to Five Towns College, very expensive New York City, so you know, just to get that call and he's like, Mom, I'm not going back to school. I'm gonna do this same stuff, So like, you please think about what you're doing.
Speaker 1: And then he called me back and he said, I made the next round, and I made the next round.
Speaker 6: My gut dropped to the ground.
Speaker 1: I made the next round. And then when you go to I'm on the show, then I made the band. I was very.
Speaker 4: Excited because even though I doubted him about moving forward with this, he did what he wanted to do and he accomplished it, and I was happy for him. Today, I don't feel so happy because I was hurt along the way about how my son was hurt. And you think that you would think that you would be so happy for your child to make it as a celebrity, because that's what they wanted to be.
Speaker 1: And to be drug through the dirt.
Speaker 4: The way all of this has played hours terrible.
Speaker 8: You couldn't protect him.
Speaker 4: I couldn't protect him. I couldn't protect him from his management. I couldn't protect him from Diddy. I couldn't protect him from Dawn. And it hurts. It hurts because my son was so vibrant and a lot of times I still look at him today. Is how he even talks.
Speaker 1: It's different at thirty seven.
Speaker 4: I know that something traumatic has happened to him because of just how he explains his things.
Speaker 1: It's how he talks.
Speaker 6: That when you're talking today, it's not the same cue that I met.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's because he's the medication.
Speaker 6: But what you said, how you went back to like a kid level.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Yes, I'm still healing. This is a process.
Speaker 5: So like I tried this year a couple of years ago, like I was, I wasn't talking like this. It was more like a kid talking to a kid who understand would understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't get it at all.
Speaker 3: So she's telling me the truth.
Speaker 4: Man, like Aubrey, you know Q from being on the show. For you to say that there's a different que today, it is, But you know what I'm learning now that he's better, and I just thank God that I was able to come in it be there to help save my sock from whatever they were trying to do.
Speaker 1: Take them down.
Speaker 8: I just want to applaud all of you for being here and for being open and being real and being humbled and vulnerable and all of those things, because I think it's really remarkable and should be pointed out. Q. You did not file a lawsuit. No, you're not trying to get financial gain money from the pain that you've suffered. And it's clear, and you've been telling your story for years and years and nobody would listen, and still you didn't sue, You didn't try to find a way to get a payout. And I think for me and for everyone listening that matters. That's remarkable and that speaks to your credibility. And I just want to say thank you. I know TG and I both feel this way. Thank you to just we're grateful for you all having the courage to speak up because you're still being you know, when this podcast comes out, Aubrey, we spoke last week. You get hete you get people have an opinion, but they don't know what they're talking about. They just have their already formed opinions based on whatever the headline they've read.
Speaker 1: So it takes.
Speaker 8: Real courage to come here and to speak your truth, to talk about the pain and to be open. And I think so many people you are going to help on their healing process because unfortunately this is not unique. People are taken advantage of, they are manipulated, they are abused, and so for you all to be able to put a face to that and say it's been hard, but I'm still here and now I'm being believed. But I just from the bottom of my heart want to say thank.
Speaker 4: You, thank you, You're welcome, thank you for having me. I'm just being a mom and I'm just giving how I truly feel about how my son was done.
Speaker 7: And there aren't a lot of platforms where people can just go and release because you fear what they're going to do with it, because the platforms aren't truly for you therefore themselves. That's why I wanted to be here and do this, because this right here is for anybody and everybody. We're also covering the trial, we also have an inside perspective, so it's just there's got to be a place because you get so bottled up that you can tell just by Hugh's mom, she's like bubbling over, wanting, wanting everybody to understand and know things, and that almost becomes an unlivable state.
Speaker 4: When you're dealing with a person that's an icon figure in the public's eye. I can tell you these people out here, man, they would chew you.
Speaker 1: Up and spitch you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm not the one for it. I'm not the one for it. I really am not. That's why I try to stay out of it, because I'm that one that mama that will get on the line when you say something that I know it's not true.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, what do you And I'm comedy.
Speaker 4: I'm comedy and I know I shouldn't be, but I can't stand it because you don't know what you're talking talking about you're saying. But that's the thing, and that's why I've always tried to stay out of the media because social media.
Speaker 1: I could never be famous. I just I could never.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't do it because my mouth, you know what I mean, right, it's my mouth. So I'm kind of like, I feel like Auverrey, I'm kind of like you you can't say anything to me without me not responding, because I don't care what position you have, You're not gonna talk to me any kind of way. You're not gonna degrade me in any kind of way without me responding. And I think that's why Q had me around a lot of times because I didn't play.
Speaker 1: I did not play. Screwface knew it.
Speaker 4: His manager and a lot of other people, his band members, they could say now that new album Day One, I am definitely a Day one never went anywhere, and I'm here to stay and anybody that's trying to take my family down or hurt any of my children, and if I have something to say about it, I'm there.
Speaker 1: I'm there.
Speaker 3: My MoMA need to step up game up.
Speaker 6: Raph