Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star Infrasco.
Speaker 2: And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Today is Tuesday, April eighth, twenty twenty five, and we are sixteen days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. It's Miller time alongside Nick Harris. Brian brought us Tommy yarsh Votch Lombardy with Jasmine Marshall running everything in the back of Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: Glad you're with us.
Speaker 3: All right, gentlemen, we're just over two weeks out. Thirty visits are now in the rearview mirror. There's been a lot of reported names kind of circling around Cowboys camp and who they've been talking to. Brian, let's get right into it. What does the list and some of the names.
Speaker 4: Mean to you?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, the thirty visits are always important because this is really the first opportunity for Jerry and Steven. They do go to the combine, they do see the workouts. They are a part of all that, but they're not part of all the interviews and stuff like that. So the thirty visits are the opportunity for Jerry and Steven to kind of sit down with these kids and have a little bit of an understanding of maybe how what makes them tick. One of my favorite things is when these kids get pictures with Jerry in his office. I think that's the neatest thing in the world. And whether they get selected here or not, it's something they'll always remember. Just having a few moments with him is always something kind of fun. But yeah, it's a good opportunity, and then it also allows them to kind of maybe go into a little more in depth. You know, at the combine, you have a limited amount of time you could talk to these people and maybe you want to put them on board, Maybe you want to put them in a group setting. You know, maybe you want to have some of your own players meet with them, you know, with a Dak Prescott and others to come over and say hello and get an opportunity. So it's still about fact finding, and it's just done more on a personal level. And so, you know, those things are always important because when you when it comes down to it, the familiarity that Jerry and Steven have with these players, I think goes a long way to seeing who gets drafted.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Nick, Just based off of the names that you've seen out.
Speaker 6: There, Yeah, we can run through the names just Yeah, with fifteen of the thirty have been reported, we can go with Ohio State running back travy On Henderson, Ohio State receiver in Mecha Buca, Ohio State running back, when Shawn Judkins, Texas offensive lineman, Kelvin Banks, Texas defensive tackle, Alfred Collins, Texas safety, Andrew mccooba, Virginia Tech running back by shille Tutton Ole, miss defensive tackle, Walls for Nolan, Texas A and M defensive and Shamar Stewart Tennessee defensive en James Pierce Junior Missouri wide receiver Luther burd In the third, East Carolina corner Savon Revel which I've learned Savan courtesy of Tommy across from me. It's Savon very very strange, Arizona offensive line and Jonas Sava and Naia Arizona White wide receiver, Teteroa McMillan, and North Carolina running back of Marion Hampton. But yeah, from the names, I mean you're you're looking at the cowboys taking a look at multiple different positions in these first couple of rounds. Like all of those guys that I mentioned are guys you would take on either Day one or Day two, and uh, the majority are our first round type options. I mean you look at uh, you look at Shamar Stewart. I mean, I don't think that's gonna be a guy that Sarah forty four. You look at a Marion Hampton, that's probably not a guy that's Sarah at forty four. Ashon GenZ was one of the Dallas Day guys that they brought in. That's not gonna be a guy that's Sarah forty four. And then there's a lot of second round options. You know, Trevion Henderson is a mecha buga gonna slide, you know. Is that a guy you would hope would be there? Tuttan is going to be there in round two, round three. Uh, Savon Revel that's another guy we've talked a lot about there. Keeping their options open as far as position groups on these first two days, and I think they're just kind of kind of pick how the board falls, and you know, Schottenheimer talked about it at the league meetings last week in Florida. He's like, we're trying to set up set ourselves up in a position where we can take the best player available. And you know, they're they're looking at multiple different position groups. And you know, that would make sense to a certain extent because I think on the first two days they have to come away with a receiver in a corner.
Speaker 7: Nevertheless, but the board might fall that way.
Speaker 8: But I'll say this though, right, what about this safety? Like like that's the that's that one blinking light that's just on there. Like we we we've been talking about running backs for months. Yeah, wiree receivers, one tax, you know, linebacker, you know we what that one safety mean? You know, what's he doing there?
Speaker 5: And is there other saft Andrew mccob be doing And is there other safeties that we don't know about that they're potentially looking at too. Yeah, you know, having some guys that they brought in, you know, it was like what fifteen other names potentially that they could have brought in then, and maybe there's other safeties there. I think it's a fascinating question.
Speaker 8: Having having five running backs mean all right, so we running back business. Whether it's early or whether.
Speaker 7: They were last year too, they loved a lot of us.
Speaker 8: But look that that that means we're in the running back business. We're in the wide receiver business. But they may not be in the safety business. But they're in Andrew mccooba business.
Speaker 9: What that means?
Speaker 8: So now, so now I just want to ask, sure, Tommy, Now I want to ask where you take this guy. We have a general idea about where all these guys go. But when I see mox, I see nonsense like have him in the third he's he's he's safety one for me. The cowboys ain't gotta bleed what I believe. But he could go forty four, he could go third or something like that.
Speaker 9: Where does he go?
Speaker 5: Tom So?
Speaker 10: Two things?
Speaker 11: One, you know, thirty visits are just to clarify it's not always necessarily an indicator of interest, right, It's it's a lot of guys that there are.
Speaker 10: Interesting, but not necessarily. They obviously can't pick all thirty guys.
Speaker 11: Sure, so that's something to remember. But you do bring up a good point because mc cuba is an interesting one. My question to the group would be would you play mccouba Nickel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's something I wanted to bring up too.
Speaker 11: I would really think about it, because if that's the case, then I think you make a case for him in the second round.
Speaker 10: I think he's got the coverability to play Nickel.
Speaker 5: I think he's the second round player regardless of where you're playing. So I don't see any I don't see any real real weakness to his game. People will talk about his six footies one eighty six. But I'm watching I'm watching some tape the other night and he happens to show up. I'm watching A and M or something. I'm watching somebody, and he just keeps showing up, showing up, showing up. Then you watch the playoff games, he's showing up, showing up, showing up. So you know, to me, I think, yeah, I think me personally, I think he have to take him at forty four. If you want this player, you have to I don't think he gets to in the third round. I mean, and there's some good safeties on the on the board, but you look at all the things that he can do and we all know that. Yeah, you talk about if you're if you're talking about playing Mitt Nickel. You're telling me right there, you think he can cover. You think that he's one of the best guys when it comes to carrying routes all over the field. You know that if you think that, you got to take this guy at forty four. If that's the case.
Speaker 3: And I think he's great in coverage too. When you look at his ability and his strong suits, coverage, change of direction, football IQ, all of that stuff jumps off the page. It's really the size and it's the tackling that I kind of had a little bit of a question mark over. I think the tackling was mostly just misstackles at times when he's trying to be over aggressive pff. Adam logged his thirteen miss tackles this past year, which that's a significant number. But you're trying to play downhill and you're trying to do too much. I think moving him to Nickel will be fine. I think it would be fine. I think he'd be fine as a safety as well.
Speaker 7: He's not the longest in the world.
Speaker 6: I mean, his wingspan is more so in the negative negative category. He is an undersized safety quote unquote. It would make sense. I would like to see. I would like to see the idea of him getting brought up to a Nickel position.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think for tackling concerns. Go watch the Michigan tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I saw him against Georgia Arkansas where he really he struggled against Arkansas.
Speaker 11: He does miss but it's because in terms of tackling, flying at you because he wants to take your head off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And if that's what we got, I'm okay, you're fine with that. I'm good with that.
Speaker 4: You kind of have that, and Donovan Wilson already do you do.
Speaker 5: But if we're talking about playing with you that Donovan Wilson covers, we're.
Speaker 10: Talking about it.
Speaker 11: If we're talking about Nickel, then then that's fine.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with Jacksonville.
Speaker 8: Ain't wrong with Jacksonville, just not here or not Hell. He can go to the in and that was where if you want to go. But I think Ivanrew mccoob is on his team. I don't know if I share the idea with the Table that he's a possible Nickel guy. I don't know if I would like him at full time. And I think he'll be a cool sometimes nickel. I like when he's just kind of floating around just looking looking for nonsense, and the ball just kind of flows to him. I think that's kind of where he's at his best.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: Sure, if you want to put him in there to kind of you know, because he's not the biggest guy in the world, you want to put him in nickel to kind of help him out a little bit.
Speaker 9: I mean, that's cool. But just when he was floating and.
Speaker 8: Roaming and just doing all types of different things, that's why I like him the best.
Speaker 9: He get picks down and he gets picks back.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. He's a pick getting guy. So I wouldn't want to just leave him there. To my DONOVD Wilson point, uh we look, man shouts that Donald Wilson man. You know he's he's he's got fans. I'm a fan of him also. But if there was a glaring wart in his game, it'll be coveraged. So I would have to wonder, we got a new DC up in here, brand new staff up here. I want if they looked at that and said, hey, and if Andrew mccoob is here, if you had to pick between who's the better safety guy, I think they would probably pick mccooby, but we got dudes on his team that I think better.
Speaker 10: I would real quick.
Speaker 11: I would argue that playing mccooba at nickel would give him a chance to cover more of the field I think than if you put him in safety, sure could and that that that would be in terms of taking the ball away and flying all over the place. I think that would be a better spot for him, kind of like how he's sort of lined up there sure in that clip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're no, no problem, if you're going to draft a Nickel, just draft Harriston. Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying. I mean, if you're if you're if you're going into this with the plan of spending a pick on a Nickel in forty four, and I understand what you're saying about the safe you and I agree. I mean, I think this kid's a hell of a player. I think, you know. I was asked on Twitter this morning, like the value of the most undervalued player, and I was thinking about him, and I was thinking about my my l s U tight end Mason Taylor. Taylor, let's think about those two guys. I mean, you don't nearly hear enough about both those guys, and Macooba might be the most undervalue if you had to, if you had a Nick Mcooba, say Amos or Henderson ole.
Speaker 7: Miss at forty four? Yeah, I go Henderson.
Speaker 5: Is it just because of the absolute need a running back? Uh?
Speaker 7: No, Henderson's my RB two.
Speaker 6: I think the guy that can play all three downs, he's going to be a captain for you, He's going to play a long time.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 6: And he's still relatively low on mileage. I'm I'm a big Henderson guy.
Speaker 3: You guys, I would put what did you do at twelve? Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: You took well, I took the wider receiver out of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So I gave you, I gave.
Speaker 5: You, I gave you Macouba, I gave you Amos the corner from ole Miss, and I gave you the running back from Ohio State.
Speaker 10: To take Henderson too.
Speaker 8: I'm taking the safety in that situation. I think I think safety is rare, and I think safeties that get picks can be rare. And I think he has a really good feel to get picks. I think when you find a dude that can get now, there's a ton of running backs here, and Nick Harris put it on my mind a long time ago, like, hey man, some running backs in the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth year al like, And when he said that, we just started watching film and I'm with him. There's a ton of running backs here. But I think when you have a safety, that can really change what defense looks like like that, I'm going with a safety plus.
Speaker 9: Just on my board, I just got in the highest.
Speaker 3: I have Amos as the highest out of those three, but it's not by much.
Speaker 4: They're all in the same area.
Speaker 9: Little moto.
Speaker 5: Okay, the question now I want to ask you guys then about that running back. Do you think Dallas with No. Four right now is they can't go day three to get a running back. I agree they have to have a running back in the first three rounds. Now you say that.
Speaker 9: They saying that last year. No they no, no.
Speaker 10: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: We learned our life. Yeah, we learned our lesson here. We have no other comparison. We can't use Rico dowdell as. Oh he's not as good as Rico Daddele. You know that's the thing.
Speaker 13: To me.
Speaker 5: I think Dallas is kind of painting themselves in a corner here, So for running back, and I think they have to do it by the time the third round hits.
Speaker 3: You don't think they would try to do that with a guy like Williams or Sanders, the guys that are in the building. If they can do that for Rico Dawdle, they could definitely say that.
Speaker 5: For if they do that, then then if they do that, then man, I don't. I can't. The only thing you've improved the running game here. The only thing you in my opinion, is the coaches. That's the thing that's helped you in the running game. You don't have a running back here, in my opinion, you don't.
Speaker 8: Would they be willing to take the running back earlier than they want to take the running back prior to the run happening?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: And I can just cross references with the Hampton News going on right now. What if we say your guy running back at forty four, but Hanton goes first round, Henderson goes first round, Johnson goes first round. So now we're like, all right, second round, do we want to take Harvey here? Do we reach for running back or do we go something else and wait for running back in round three? Are the Cowboys gonna have to.
Speaker 5: Be the only reason I wouldn't consider running back at forty four is that they're all gone. Sure, that's the only But to me, if one of those guys, if his guy Henderson's there, Johnson Hampton won though, then what do they do? See that's the problem that that's where you go Mancuba or somebody like that. Yeah, but see to me, Yeah, to me, I just like I said, I think they've painted themselves in a corner in my opinion that by the third round, because you and I have had this discussion before about guys that can carry the load, could be the featured guy. Can you get that guy in the fifth round? Do you see or you see guys? See, I don't think they've set them up to have a back that could split time. If you still had Rico Dawdle here here and took a fifth round guy, I kind of feel like you got okay, You're okay there.
Speaker 6: The thing about the running back position that I think is fascinating when it comes to this team is you have you have your third down guy, you have your receiving you have your past protecting guy.
Speaker 7: And Javonte Williams. Yeah, I think that's comfortable.
Speaker 6: You just need to get your early down guy, get your guy that can open up the game for five six yards of carry on those you know, opening carries of drives and sustained drives and get drives going. There were so many times last year where I think I brought it up on the show. Beginning of the game, hand off, Rigo, daddle two yards and it just you stall the drive before it even gets started. Sure, I still feel like there are some complimentary guys that you could throw in in the later rounds. I'm not saying that's my preference. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if we get to day three and a running back hasn't been picked yet, because I think there could be some guys that are there on day three. You look at all the Us Brooks or a Kyle Mnung guy or a Jarquez Hunter. I mean, these are guys that I think could be early down type guys that would that would make sense team.
Speaker 5: I would agree with you if you had a fourth round pick, yeah, if they, if they somehow somehow hook or crook of four from somebody, yeah, or another three, I'm with you on that. But if they if they if they sit there and wait from the third to all the way the fifth, watch these running backs come off that board. We saw it last year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we saw.
Speaker 5: The same thing last year. People are gonna see value and it's a good group of running backs, don't get me wrong. I just think that they've kind of painted themselves in a corner that if they with the players. And I like what you're saying about Williams. I mean, you're right about the catching and the blocking and stuff like that, but I just want a guy that maybe I want a guy that could do all and Henderson is that guy. You give me the opportunity to draft Hereerson, then I ain't worried about Williams and Sanders and those other guys so much.
Speaker 3: While we're kind of on the topic of conversation, and not to derail the running back convo, but we were talking safety. We're talking secondary and thirty round visits. Chavon Revel Junior East Carolina. I know there's some injury history there, but give me a little bit of a scouting report on Revel and because I don't believe we've really dove into what he could bring the corner in the draft. Corner position. A lot of people believe.
Speaker 5: That well, depending on where you if you have Hunter, you know, there's people to have Hunters travel Warner, and there's people that have him as a wide receiver.
Speaker 6: But Ahead and Nick, Yeah, I think the one thing that's fascinating about Revel is he only has one year of starting experience and he's going to be coming off of this torn ACL as well, so there's going to have to be a little bit of an adjustment period. I coming up from the American Conference into the NFL, and if you were to be drafted to this team, he would need to be stepping into a role immediately to start potentially at week one. That's that I think would give me a little bit of concern. But you talk about being physically gifted, He's probably the most physically gifted defensive back in this class, and I think that's going to give him some versatility at the next level too, whether that be in a man scheme, zone scheme. Being able to play inside. I think he has that ability to But I would place this guy on the outside. He's explosive, he's physical, he can tackle, he plays to his size, he's got ball skills, he can return pick sixes. I mean, if you had a guy like him and a fully healthy Trayvon Diggs and a fully healthy On Bland, this would be a turnover machine of a secondary. But the thing that would worry me about Revel for this team is what does that look like from week one to week eight of his rookie season. And granted, you're not drafting a player for the first eight weeks of his career. You're drafting him for the first four years, and what that looks like, but man, you do need help at corner in the first eight weeks that can provide immediate help. I'm not sure if you can bank on Revel being ready to go to do that. But his ACL surgery was done by doctor Dan Cooper. He's the team physician here for the Cowboys. The Cowboys have just as much info on this guy and his injury than anybody else. He tours ACL in October, it's gonna be close for him to get fully cleared before training camp. That's what doctor Cooper did send out in a memo in February to teams, is that he will be ready to go. But they also said that about Jonathan Brooks last year, and he was not ready to go. He didn't make it until halfway through the season, so I think there would be a little bit of holding your breath with this guy. But if he comes back fully healthy and he's ready to go by training camp, I think this would be an awesome pick. I have him at the top of the third because of the injury and because I don't know what that's going to look like one hundred percent, especially the corner spot. Tearing your ACLS A corner is so tough, and you rarely see guys come back and be one hundred percent off of that. That's that's the only reason why if I didn't if he didn't have this knee injury, i'd probably have a first round grade on him.
Speaker 3: And you're making the jump, like you said, from the American to the NFL. It's not like you're already at the NFL with already established.
Speaker 7: With only one year of starting experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so's there's a lot of question mark there. Where do you see him?
Speaker 8: This would be fantastic if the Cowboys can find a way to work a little bit of voodoo magic and just get him in the second round somewhere four. I just want everybody to panic about that knee and just let him fall and if you can get him at forty four, then cool. And he got all the things that cowboys love in the corners. He tall, long, can run, tackling, all this kind of stuff. And you know there's this one thing going around all the competition that he played against.
Speaker 9: That's cool. Man.
Speaker 8: Watch Michigan, Watch Michigan, and he looked just as good as Michigan as he did first as State twice.
Speaker 3: Well in the UTSA tape, there were two guys drafted out of that UTSA team in twenty three.
Speaker 4: I mean there's guys there that he's played against.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he could play. He's a cornerback three for me behind Hunter and Baron Tommy.
Speaker 10: I think these two guys nailed it.
Speaker 11: You know, especially with the fact that Dallas and specifically Matt Eberflus, you look at the corners that he's had in the past. You think about Jalen Johnson, Tyreek Stevenson in Chicago. He likes those bigger, longer armed corners who can take the ball away. And Dallas when it's been at his best. When you saw when dan Quinn was here with Deron Bland and Trayvon Diggs fully healthy, they take the ball away and Savon Revel can can do that for you when he's fully healthy. I think that I share the concern with Nick of okay, can you come back and be what you were after an ACL tear, especially when you are going to be borderline able to participate in training camp according to doctor Cooper, and you're going to be expected to be thrust kind of into the fire here with this cornerback room. Because then the question Dallas has to ask themselves is, Okay, if you want to give Revel a runway, does that mean that you trust Kyrie Elam enough to start week one for you opposite of Deron Bland. And if you do, then there's your answer. But that's that's the big question that looms there. And I don't know if I would. I think I would.
Speaker 10: I would want to start Revel over him, But do you have the option? That's the question.
Speaker 11: I like the player a lot, and I think that if he's able to come back fully healthy and the medicals check out, which, like Nick mentioned, the Cowboys are going to have a better inside track on that than anybody else, then I wouldn't mind the pick at forty four at all.
Speaker 5: Brian, you said he's the best corner. I think he is if you don't include Hunter over there. But I have Hunter at wide receiver, so I think this guy and I understand what Nick's talking about there, and you know, but my corner, my my first round corners, they've all got questions, but every one of them are damn good football players. Revelle, Baron Morrison, they're all really really good players. And you know, and I know they're talking about with you know, we've we've heard, we've kind of gone back and forth about the whole Will Johnson thing of you know, with from Michigan and stuff like that, and you know, if it all checks out, we'll see. But you know, and that's that's my only problem really with with Johnson is that I've got three corners of him. But those corners all have some questions about him. But I know one thing. All three of those guys, when you watch their tape, they make plays and that's something that a lot of cornerbacks in this league don't do. But those kids, I think you could plug those kids in and they'll go make place for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of question marks around those thirty visit guys will continue to give you some scatting reports as those names trickle in over the next.
Speaker 4: Couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: When we come back here on the Draft Show, it's time for some Twitter on twenty.
Speaker 4: Who's the most underrated player in this NFL Draft?
Speaker 3: I want to each of our panelists to answer that question right after this with more of the Draft Show.
Speaker 14: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 7: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 14: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein. Zero grams have added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients of the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kin.
Speaker 15: All Right, Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official Laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 8: At lasercare I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 15: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 2: Hood Hoo.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a per stout. Just like football.
Speaker 12: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 13: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: You're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 16: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Back here on the Draft Show. The sixtieth Academy of Country Music Awards are returning to Ford Center at the Star in Frisco on May eighth. Enjoy live performances from Landy Wilson, Blake Shelton, Eric Church and Moore. Don't miss this celebration six decades in the making, all hosted by entertainment icon Riba MacIntyre. Tickets are available now at seat geek dot com.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool event. What she saying, Uh, there's a lot.
Speaker 7: I just know she was on that show when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she had like a Oh she's big time.
Speaker 7: My grandmother was obsessed pretty much.
Speaker 4: Anybody down here is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the one there.
Speaker 10: With her niece, with Reba's niece.
Speaker 4: Interesting, she's from Oklahoma.
Speaker 10: Where was that where originally high school niece.
Speaker 3: Okay, good for you, nice flacks. So if we need Reba to come over on the draft show, the one we're hitting up, sure, yeah we need that. That and Chuck Norris was at in my high school graduation. Dude, stop bragging, Okay, but you don't need a name drop here on this show saying.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get into some twitter chazz.
Speaker 5: That was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Tom wants to know who do you think is the most underrated player in this twenty twenty five NFL Draft class.
Speaker 7: Don't come to me first, right at you.
Speaker 8: R J Harvey back UCF Man. The reason I put him here. I've been talking about him for a while. Man, he's a He is a running back that's in this group of backs. Just for me on my board, we always talk about jent T Hampton, you know, Johnson Henderson. I think you could take him in round two and get you a bell cow type guy, big play, runs, hard, catches the ball. Well, y'all work in that block and man, but that's a common thing about a lot of these running backs in this in this damn class.
Speaker 9: But balanced vision.
Speaker 12: R J.
Speaker 8: Harvey is the last guy in round two running back wise that I would look at and say, I would give that, you know, give him the ball twenty two times and feel decent about it. But the reason why I feel like he's the underrated guy because I don't think people talk about Harvey like that.
Speaker 9: I don't. I don't think they talk about him in a Round two type fashion.
Speaker 5: I think rape breaks, tackles and stuff like that that he gets credit for that he.
Speaker 9: Woops as Brown brought us in.
Speaker 8: And honestly, I think people got third round grades on him just by nature of what running back is and what this running back class is.
Speaker 9: But if you take RJ.
Speaker 8: Harvey in about five years, you're gonna look at him like, man, why won't we talking about Jr?
Speaker 6: The thing about him in five years? He's gonna be thirty years old in five years, And that's I think that's the one concern because but I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 7: I'm a big R. J. Harvey guy.
Speaker 6: I think that's just probably where the concern stems from, is that he's already had an acl taar and that he's going to be twenty close to twenty five when his rookie season starts.
Speaker 8: Then let's not give him that second country. Some of these teams shod to do that.
Speaker 4: Part well, and that's why people would have him in the third.
Speaker 9: If that's the case, right, then that means they're going.
Speaker 3: To take a first or a second round player. I know he's a damn good player.
Speaker 9: That's not so.
Speaker 8: Mike Mayock would say, teams suck at drafting. And if he's a dude, and if he's on the board, he may be twenty five.
Speaker 9: I get it.
Speaker 8: But uh, you know, running backs, we typically don't want to hold on to them very long anyways.
Speaker 4: You know, get a playmaker and run with it, take.
Speaker 8: Him and just celebration, you know what I mean. But the Cowboys taking Hampton at twelve, So there's no need to worry about this.
Speaker 10: That's fair. I didn't know we had mel on the show What's Up Time?
Speaker 5: That should bother you, by the way talk about it. No, No, it should bother you in the fact that mel Kiper's usually right about this thing. If you're a kids taking a running back at twelve other than genty, you should worry about milk Kuiper because he has not wavered from this. In his last I played three mock drafts.
Speaker 4: And he hasn't.
Speaker 3: He's not alone now he was alone initially, Now he's not alone. There's a couple other guys on that yeah train too. Who's your most underrated?
Speaker 11: Tommy Olu off of me Ola Dejo, UCLA linebacker, edge hybrid. This was a guy that Nick Kyle and I had the chance to talk to at the Senior Bowl, and he's really only scratching the surface I think of what he can do. We kind of started off playing linebacker and UCLA moved him to the edge and he had a pretty solid season. You can look at me and say, Tom who only had four and a half secks, That's fine. He's built like a demi god and he's going to only grow from here when he gets to the NFL and gets more polished. You gotta love what he's able to do one on one. He looked great at the Senior Bowl and one on one reps just so twitchy. You look at that move that he just made there on the screen, and there's a lot to like with with what he can do. He had fourteen tackles for loss last year, fifty seven total tackles. This is a versatile guy that you can play in a lot of different spots in your defense, and you've got so much room to grow.
Speaker 10: With him that I think you can.
Speaker 11: You can really take a chance on this guy early, develop him, and he can be a staple of somebody's defense going forward.
Speaker 8: Time, let me ask you a question, sir, And I'm only saying this to you because you just picked him. I'm not making you a part of this fight. I just want to know what you think fight.
Speaker 9: What's differ?
Speaker 8: No, know, I'm not fighting time, I'm fighting the world. What's the difference between him and Mike kil wiives? Because it sounded like you just described MIKEL Williams fantastic rundown dude got some room to grow, good sized athlete, boy all this x y Z boy probably got a little room to develop as a pass rush. But boy, once he learned ble, he gonna be ready to go. What's the difference?
Speaker 9: Time?
Speaker 11: I think Oladejo has only just started playing it because they only just moved him to edge, whereas Williams has been there. If I'm not mistaking his whole career, I think Williams has the d as a run defender right now, and I think the his build is better suited for it, but I think that Oladjo just has so much more room to grow that spot where they tried him at linebackers.
Speaker 10: So much and it just didn't work.
Speaker 11: So Williams, I think he's got the running run defense part of it down, and I think his next step is getting after the quarterback, which I think he's further along in the process. And so you look and look at Oladjo and say, Okay, maybe we need some more time to get this guy up to speed. But I think that that overall, I think he's he's Olda Dejo's twitchier, and I think that's gonna benefit him long term.
Speaker 4: Michael Williams is a little bit I think I think I touched on.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Tom, this ain't me fighting you. That's fighting the world.
Speaker 5: You can we can.
Speaker 8: I think I'm not fighting you this Amy fight. I think olda Dejo is a much better run guy right now. I think he has a much better feel for Mikel's bigger but he has a much better feel for rundown stuff. And then, like Michael is probably gonna do begap things sometimes in old Dejo won't. I think Old Dajoe's a much better pass rusher right now. I think he projects to be a much better pass rusher right now. That's why I got Mike kill on the third That's why I got old the days were ranked over him.
Speaker 9: I'm not fighting you, but I've.
Speaker 8: Been fighting people on the internet for the past couple of weeks, and your breakdown was perfect.
Speaker 9: It was perfect. It was exactly how I would break.
Speaker 5: The compliment sandwich get raised.
Speaker 7: I'm about to get this.
Speaker 9: I'm not fighting time.
Speaker 8: But I was like, man, that show sounded like Michael Williams is damn third round here that we described that show sound like Michael. I just wanted to just hear you describe the time.
Speaker 10: That's fine, that's fine. Part of the show is having disagreements and talking about all that's fine.
Speaker 9: I agree with you, But I day show is a dude.
Speaker 5: I could say he's actually thanking you for presenting the way you did well.
Speaker 10: I think you.
Speaker 11: Could say, if we're having the argument of Okay, they've gotten you a couple of times with that in the last right, the last one was much funnier. Yeah, but no, I think you could say, okay, they're they're kind of in the same in the same situation of there you're you're kind of banking on.
Speaker 10: Okay, what is the ceiling?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 10: We've had the conversation in the past of floor guys and ceiling guys.
Speaker 11: I think Williams's floor is a lot higher than Oladajo's right now, because of what he gives you with his size and what he's able to produce thus far. I think Oladjo is not as far along as a pass rusher than what Williams is. That's not to say that Williams's borderline and elite pass rusher. I just think he's further along since Oladja is still kind of grasping the edge position. And I think that ola Dajo is still behind a little bit too in the run support. But I think that his experience as a linebacker is what can give him more room to grow in that department against Williams.
Speaker 10: I hope that all makes sense.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: I'm angry because I think Michael will run down the middle of people and I think Bindi is hell.
Speaker 9: But it's all good.
Speaker 4: It is a little bit different.
Speaker 3: You're you're saying that the ceiling is similar for both, but the floor is much higher for will.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no, no, I think I think I think Michael Williams' ceiling is higher. Okay, that's not to say Oladejo's ceiling isn't high, But I think Williams' size and what he's already established and where he is in his progression is further along, and I think that he is the higher ceiling.
Speaker 6: Okay, y'all are gonna hate me, but I couldn't just pick one guy.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna start with.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna start with KAYLEB Rodgers, offensive lineman out of Texas Tech. This is a guy that I think is versatile. I think he could play four of the five offensive line spots.
Speaker 7: He's a unit.
Speaker 6: He's played forty two hundred career snaps at Texas Tech. He's got a violent punch.
Speaker 7: I like his feet.
Speaker 6: I think he could clean up his feet work, but I like where his feet are coming from. Sometimes he can like over commit on athletic edge rushers and give them a little bit too much breathing room. But I still think this is a guy that is going to be a offensive lineman in this league for a long time.
Speaker 7: Senior Bowl guy.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of people up at Texas Tech and they just rave about this guy's character as well. You see him playing left guard in this In this cutup, you see him playing right tackle, left tackle, right guard. I mean he's a guy that can come in and play pretty much any spot. This is a Day two type talent for me. Really impressive guy. And the second guy I have to give. Did y'all know usin Neckler's in this running back class?
Speaker 5: What tell me you're about to say Trevor at.
Speaker 6: No, No, no, no, it's a land Larison out of UC Davis. This guy at twenty four hundred yards last year in twenty four combined between rushing and receiving, it's a lot of yards. This is a guy that could be a three down back. Early down physicality, he can get into the second level, and he's got a crazy receiving ability you talk about, this is the guy you can line up in the slot at times in the game too. He had sixty two receptions in twenty twenty four. He could be deployed out wide. I would like to see a little bit more wiggle in twitch, but what he brings in the pass catching department, the route tree that he has coming out of the backfield. This is a major sleeper in this class. I think at the running back position. This is the guy that is not being talked about enough. Six foot two fifteen can run a four to four five. He's gonna have a jump in competition from the Big West. But so did Austin Ecklers. And that's the spirit of the conversation.
Speaker 10: What's his name?
Speaker 6: He's got great pass protection? Lan Larison la n first name, last name, la r I s O N. I have a fourth round grade on this guy.
Speaker 8: Okay, five hundred people, because me and me and Brown are like like two ten and you keep bringing the people I've never even heard.
Speaker 7: Go watch this guy and come back to me or throw us in the group.
Speaker 9: Chat.
Speaker 7: If y'all don't want to bring him.
Speaker 5: Up, can you tell me who the players you have around him in the fourth round?
Speaker 7: I have him, I have him with the running backs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have him above Jarquest Hunter ToJ Brooks. I have him right behind Ollie Gordon. I have him above Jaden Blue, I have him above Trevor at In. I have him above Brichard Smith, Leaquent Allen uh Uc Davis Davis.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's big West is the Big West is bad.
Speaker 9: He is bad football.
Speaker 6: Under the RAI good team, They're a really good team, their top ten, top fifteen in the country last year, and he had a fifteen hundred rushing yards and eight hundred.
Speaker 5: Receivers, which is measurables.
Speaker 6: Six foot two fifteen run a four to four to five as combine. This is one of the most athletic guys in this class. In my opinion, this is gonna be a guy we're gonna still be talking about two three years from now.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 8: See Nick watches seventh round players first and then he works.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I just got to be as it was.
Speaker 5: Did you that's because of his combine stuff.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I actually watched this guy back in February. I brought him up early on one of the early shows. The the reason I watched this guy is because, like sometimes I get bored watching film and I'm like, let me go find a guy that has like crazy stats and see if there's like any NFL traits to back it. And I saw him and I was like, Oh, yeah, he's got NFL traits to back it. And then he went to the combine and he had an awesome day, awesome week with the combine. I love this guy. Guy that's gonna be It's gonna be a sleeper on day three.
Speaker 4: I've got five hundred and fourteen prospects in this magazine and he didn't even he wasn't even on one.
Speaker 3: That's what fift I've got. I've got to get a five to fifteen. We're gonna send out a revised, edited edition. We're going to get him in there. That's under the radar.
Speaker 7: Good call, Yeah, it's very under the All right, what you got, Brian?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I answered the question with Mason Taylor at tight end. I don't think he's getting enough recognition. But I think I mentioned the name Trevor atn from Georgia, and I mentioned this is because of his He's not the biggest guy at five to nine and one ninety eight, but he's super loose in the vision and the sharp cuts, the instant acceleration. You know, he does a really nice job of catching the football well. He's got very natural hands. He plays well with the ball in his hands. I think that he could take like good gains and make him into great gains with the way he runs the football. But he makes good decisions. He's physical, physical. He hasn't had a bunch of carries during his career. But he's made up with what he's had, and I think he's good on the blitz pickup stuff. But like say, don't let the lack of high throw throw you off here. He really does do a good job in that are and I respect how he's able to make defenders miss and bounce around until he finds daylight and he can be a weapon out of the backfield. So Travis, it's gonna be Trevor atn from Georgia a transfer from Florida is one of my guys. I don't think it's getting enough credit.
Speaker 11: You want to see his vision, you want to see his best tape, go watch him play Texas both times he torched Texas, and Texas is one of the better run defenses in college football this past year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good play had great production throughout his time at Georgia. Two lots of lots of good to talk about there real quick.
Speaker 11: Just because I'm seeing some discussion in the comments and maybe I was confusing it. If I was, I apologize to the Williams Oladaijo debate. I think Williams has a higher floor and ceiling. Just to clarify, yeah, I don't know if I made that clear. No, he said, to make sure. Yeah, you're saying he's a better player. Yeah, pretty much. Uh yeah, I'll throw.
Speaker 4: A name in it.
Speaker 10: But I still think old is dang good.
Speaker 4: They don't like your you and the comments.
Speaker 10: Why you're saying it.
Speaker 3: Johnny Walker Junior edge out of Missouri did not give Oh wait, no, this is this is a prospect. I would have thought it was a twitter on the twenty. It's a prospect Johnny Walker Junior one because he's got a great name for the Cowboys, specifically to be a possible draft pick. But he was a Shrine Bowl guy who had a ton of production at the Shrine Bowl. Had eight and a half sacks, including eight or nine and a half sacks in twenty twenty four with Missouri, including eight and a half over his final seven games. He finished with twelve and a half tackles for loss. Yet he did not get an invite to the scouting combine. He was left off the list.
Speaker 4: I liked his tape.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a vertical edge rusher or a versatile edge rusher that can stand up or put a hand in the ground.
Speaker 4: He can do a little bit of both. He's got good first step.
Speaker 3: Quickness, packs a punch upon first contact, upper body strength to get blockers off balance. Initially, only thing that I kind of knocked was he doesn't have a ton of pass rush moves to kind of go with kind of straightforward pass rusher. And then at the same time, he's a little bit smaller. He's a bit of a tweener. Two hundred and forty six pounds is what he ranked at the Shrine Bowl. So I think he's a good player off the edge. I think I would take him probably early day three, But some people don't even have them on the board because I don't know who do you have around on your poor let me get to my edge rushers.
Speaker 4: I have him around.
Speaker 3: Some of these other guys like Saveon Jones from LSU, Hugh Robinson from Alabama, Baron Surrell, Texas, Jordan Birch, Oregon, guys like that, or a kind of right right around the fourth round for you, then fifth round, fifth round. If he sneaks up into.
Speaker 4: The fourth it's because of the production, that's what it is. And he had a great Shrine Bowl.
Speaker 3: I thought he He ended up having two sacks multi sack performance against Alabama, and Iowa had two Sacks in the Shrine Bowl at AT and T Stadium. I was kind of I was intrigued why he didn't get an invite to Indy. I was wondering why that was the case. I didn't know if there was an off the field thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't find anything, So I.
Speaker 6: Think that may have benefited him because I worry about his link a little bit. That's why you see him on stand up rushes a lot on these cliffs. He's gonna have to go to a scheme that can really you know, hide realize the hide that deficiency from him. Trying to think about like a pass rush heavy scheme that since five rushers, I mean, he would have to be on the on the field with a five rush set in my opinion, but I still think he's still sand down. Yeah, that's that's where he would have to go to a scheme that can that can work, that can work that sense. I I would stand him up just because that's what he's got experience doing. But there's not a lot of teams of the NFL.
Speaker 17: That do that.
Speaker 4: Stu so just kind of wrong time kind of guy.
Speaker 6: Not necessarily. I think there's a role for this guy. He just has to land in the right system. Yeah, I do think there's a role for this guy. He's got land in the right system.
Speaker 7: If you have production, I think the system could be.
Speaker 4: Here in the SEC.
Speaker 3: I think you can have some success anywhere. Yeah, the way that he dominated at the end of the year in the SEC schedule. All right, let's try and fit in one more Twitter on the twenty question. We've only gotten the one so far. Hyeah too, what was the second one?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was all one question?
Speaker 3: You know, this one's kind of fun, Brian, I mentioned this before the break before we came back. Ac wants to know what a pin throw is. Let's define this for me.
Speaker 5: A pin throw is when you fake like you're mad when the guy got pecked, but you're really happy inside. So you have to show the room that you're like, oh damn, I can't believe we lost that guy, but inside you're kind of like excited that it happened, that he's gone, that he's gone.
Speaker 3: So you're saying a fake pinthrow because he said that. You and I have different definitions, and I that's my that's.
Speaker 5: My definition of pin throw. I'm damn see, I would call that, but in real life, I'm kind of happy because we didn't take the guy.
Speaker 3: See, I would call that like a fake pin throw, whereas a pin throws where you actually are up.
Speaker 4: My pen throw is.
Speaker 5: When I throw my pin, it's usually because they're happy the guy is gone.
Speaker 10: So there. What does that mean? You're fake? Pan throw?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 5: Is it actually? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Whatevers?
Speaker 5: If I if I, if I drop like an F bomb, then then.
Speaker 4: You know that we lost a guy, and I like, you hit the table whatever.
Speaker 6: A pin throw is for Bryan's When Will Johnson and Michael Williams get drafted, yeah, but if.
Speaker 5: They go before they get picked before, then I'll just go I can't believe that happened.
Speaker 9: Pin throw darn.
Speaker 4: Okay, good enough now that we're.
Speaker 10: Clearly I'm gonna throw twelve pins if.
Speaker 3: If he goes to Dallas, yeah, you're gonna have to go buy a pack if and then throw it.
Speaker 8: If Michael gives a Dallas, I'm just gonna lean back in my chair and huff and puff and act like yeah, I'll tell you why. He'll fit perfectly up in here. But if he goes to Carolina or something, give me a pen that's crazy.
Speaker 9: That's crazy. I like Mikey though, man, he just you know, just Matt as well.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get in a heap of trouble if Mikel Williams ends up being the pick.
Speaker 6: If it's my draft weekend, Bill Johnson or James Pearce, we're gonna have a lot of discussing to do at this table, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: And this is the clip they're gonna take, and it's gonna be Nick talking about it, and then it's gonna cut to me kind of smiling half heartedly at the camera.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 3: When we come back here on the Draft Show, Uh, we've got some We talked about the thirty visit guys a little bit. I want to hit another name out of the thirty visits.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then I also want to hit perfect fit.
Speaker 3: That was a question mark around who could be a perfect fit for the Dallas Cowboys. But I don't want to do first round guys. I want to talk about guys later on in the draft who you feel like can be that fit for Dallas.
Speaker 4: Right after this with more of.
Speaker 5: The Draft Show.
Speaker 17: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level. I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 18: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour.
Speaker 10: The Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas.
Speaker 18: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 14: Life is a workout, and Smoothieking is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chess flies, or being the hero your goal and retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of adage sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 13: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game Day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 2: Is The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys fans get ready for Draft Weekend, presented by Miller Light at the Star in First Go. The action kicks off Thursday, April twenty fourth with the Ultimate Draft Party, and it continues Friday with Draft Hangout and wraps up Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor, Scott and White Health. Three days of football fun and fan experiences you won't want to miss. Visit dallascowboys dot com slash draft for details. Of course, the draft magazine is out now, the Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine Draft Guide.
Speaker 4: I've actually got some fun additions here. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give away some draft magazines that are signed by the Draft Show crew.
Speaker 7: So watch out for that tweet.
Speaker 3: You'll get an opportunity to win some of these Draft Show signed magazines.
Speaker 4: Everybody's on there.
Speaker 3: Got the five of us here, and then we'll have Bobby sign it here in Zach Walchuk sign it on Thursday whenever they come in for the show later in the week.
Speaker 4: All Right talked about perfect fit. What are you gonna? Are you gonna try and continue twitter on the twenty here?
Speaker 9: No, Cale, I just got no what do you want?
Speaker 4: I just felt like a hand on my back and I'm like, here we go. You remember that thing I sent in the rundown.
Speaker 8: Me and Nick here saying something very important on the break, and I just wanted to make sure everybody heard it right.
Speaker 9: I don't hate, no hate is a strong word.
Speaker 8: I may only hate two or three players, right it just I may hate your drafted you know, like for example, Sean Opman I didn't think was very good at all.
Speaker 9: Man, I don't want to draft Sean open at all. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I would draft Mike kill Williams. We just disagree where you know what I'm saying. So I don't want about to go around say, oh, man, I hate my here wives. When we go out and do some good and preseason, get a little tackle something, I would love to have him, just not as high as the Cowboy as are draft of my bad cotgo, do.
Speaker 4: You have anything before you move on?
Speaker 9: They hate when I do that. Cow Man, I ain't coming back next year.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that he's in this back chair and he just put his hand on my back.
Speaker 10: I can hold on.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 9: We feel yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Charles Davis and a couple of the NFL network analysts put out a Cowboys perfect fit. There were a couple different elements of this, but it's from NFL dot Com and his perfect fit for the Cowboys was later on in the draft, he brought up Kyle Mnungai, the running back out of Rutgers, kind of an interesting out of left field sort of player. We've talked about him on the show. I think we're all kind of fans of him. Where he would end up being selected probably early Day three or right around there. But at the same time, it kind of stokes the question of what other positions in this draft. Are there a perfect fit quote unquote with the Cowboys? And you can't do anything in the first round because people could say genty R, people could say Tedoroa McMillan or whatever it may be. Outside of the first round, where's your perfect fit for the Cowboys?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: At first, I do want to start just with a brief scouting report on Manga. I mean, this is one of the Tommy Kin attests. This is one of the running backs I enjoyed watching during the Sea more than any last year. I love Kyle Mannung guy. Oh, I do have a couple of concerns. Well, I'll start with the strings. He's a downhill guy. He can get out and have outside a zone running success too. He's got receiving ability. I think he's probably the second or third best pass protector in this class in my opinion. I got Trevon Henderson up there. I also have Dylan Samson up there as well, but he lacks speed to be like that explosive type weapon in the NFL, and that kind of proved itself at the combine. Zero fumbles in six hundred and sixty nine carries. There's a positive and there's a negative in that. The positive is that there zero fumbles. The negative is that there's six hundred and sixty nine carries. Yeah, he was a starter for three and a half years at Rutgers, but I mean, this guy's a dog and I don't know how long he'll last in the league. I don't know if he ends up finding a starting role in the league, but regardless, we're gonna have fun watching it. I understand where Charles Davis is coming from, because this is a guy who could be an early down type guy and kind of give you those hard earned yards because he falls forward, he's got contact balance, he's got these big thick thigh that fight forward for extra yardage. So I understand where Charles Davis is coming from. I personally, when I was looking at all of these backs and okay, who is the best, who is the best, compliment to Javonte Williams. Specifically, I had put down Caleb Johnson and I had put down by Shell Tutton out of Virginia Tech. Both of those guys I feel like can be those early down, home run speed type guys. I personally like Tutton a little bit more as a fit, just because he does have that athleticism and you need that home run hitter on this on this offense. But if we're going for another position, Maxwell Harrison I've claimed it so many times out of Kentucky at corner because I think he play nickel.
Speaker 7: I think he can play outside.
Speaker 6: He's got the speed to be able to kind of elevate the athleticism in that secondary room. I think he's He's a guy you bring in and he's gonna be a day one starter, and he can start for you in multiple spots. He can give you time for Trayvon Digs to get healthy. I really like Maxwell Harrison is probably the best fit in this class for this team.
Speaker 4: No, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Can somebody tell me a little bit about Tutton. I don't think we've talked about him on the show.
Speaker 7: I don't mind.
Speaker 6: I just don't want to take anybody's well I don't mind watch y' y'all got it.
Speaker 7: Y'all got to go.
Speaker 8: Ahead, big speed, and you know, you know, watching Combine first and then watching him kind of made you go into it. But like, all right, you better be fast, and he is fast. He does kind of break away from those runs. But I was very impressed to see how heavy he ran, like the sense of gravity that he's not like a slashy type dude, just because he's fast, like he does finish runs and I was like, all right, cool, bet. I think if they threw the ball to him more, he'll catch more passes. So I mean maybe in the league there the only ward was he fumbling the ball. Man fumbling the ball years eight thumbers in two years. Man, that's tough. But I think that's because he's trying to run so tough. He's trying to whoop ass so bad that he's up fumbling the ball. But what is coaching for, man? Please just tap on the show, like keep that run thing that you're doing, that hard running that you're doing, and just just two hands, man, put the ball on it. But uh, Bay Show is a dude, man, you know, like you know, I was thinking fifth round, maybe but he may be a third.
Speaker 9: Round type guy.
Speaker 8: You know by the time we end up, you know, you know, the Cowboys end up looking at him, maybe a third round or we'll see. But base shows a dude and I like him that.
Speaker 7: I have him been the third RB seven for me.
Speaker 6: Played two seasons at North Carolina A and T so he's he's already experienced that jump in competition, which I think is in this specific era, in an IL era, you're starting to see these guys that already have that experience of the jump and leaping competition, and I think that helps their NFL progression and their NFL transition a lot more. And at Tutton, I think is going to be a perfect example of that. I think he's going to step into an offense and provide that home run speed, provide that physicality on early downs as soon as his rookie year. The only thing I worry about from a longevity standpoint is is will as body hold up. He's he is five foot eight and a half right around two hundred and five pounds, and he's a load. He's a bowling ball. But that's that's the only thing that I worry about. He battled an ankle spraying last season, but he didn't miss any games, so there's there's no injury history.
Speaker 7: But I just kind of worry about the buyo.
Speaker 5: Fifty four percent of his runs were considered breakaway runs. Love that this kid can separate. And another thing you need to know about him. Half the games this season he had seventy five yards after contact. As there's a couple of metric things you might need to know about this kid. He's a heck of a player totally.
Speaker 6: If you want any film nerds out there, go watch the Boston College tape from this guy last year. Yeah, you want to have some fun, let's go do that.
Speaker 3: Also, it's bacial toutin tootint facial tootin.
Speaker 7: Is how you say darn tutin right to tot yep.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you have anything that on there?
Speaker 7: You can take that headline by the way.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 11: In terms of best fit, yeah, uh give me Trey Harris from Old Miss I think that. You know, there's been so much talk about Ted McMillan at twelve in the first round for the Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Well, guys, what if Ted McMillan is off.
Speaker 11: The board at twelve or they don't like him, or they pass on him and they say, okay, we need another position here in the first round. We can wait till the second or the third to get a wide receiver. I think you look at in terms of just the X go up and get it. Guys in this class. Think Trey Harris is the second best guy in the class behind McMillan. Incredible fifty to fifty ball. He's six three, two hundred and ten pounds.
Speaker 10: I believe he's sorry.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, six two, two hundred and five pounds, thirty one seven eighths arms, nine fifth eight hands.
Speaker 10: You could say, oh, he runs a four five four forty. Well, you're not.
Speaker 11: Asking this guy to necessarily be a you know, a speed guy. You just want him to get open and to go up over a guy and get a fifty to fifty ball. And I think he can do that for You've got Seede Lamb who can be the gyat guy for you and burn guys down the field. And you've got a Cavante Turpin who looks like he'll get used more in a wide receiver role this year. Don't know how well, but if that's what you if you want speed there, you go feel like that for three years. Yeah right, I feel like he had just really well midair, strong hands to bring the ball in. He's got good burst off the line of scrimmage, so you know, like I said, not the best top end speed guy. He's got long strides, though he gets the job done. And then one of the other things that I like about him doesn't get talked a lot. He blocks really well outside for runners, so you can if you get you know, a guy like Trevion Henderson, who I think is another good fit for the Cowboys, you can get him outside, block and form so that he can hit those home run plays.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to go into like this, this guy might be a late third, but if you can grab a fourth, the extra fourth, or not the extra, but get a fourth back. Teddy Buchanan from Cal linebacker okay, fun six thirty three, and he's a you know, speaking of Cal Davis, Brian, there we go. I tried to I tried to out do you on this one. That the side, he's got great size for the position, Like I say, six two, two thirty three, he's got to pop to his game and he's taken on ball carrier as they stop in his tracks. This guy's a physical player surprise us. As a blitzer, he can close on the ball. There's a couple of snaps where he was able to run down cam Ward and force poor passes. If you watch the Miami game this year, he's a twitchy player and uh and I really like that about him. He plays light, uner his feet, lateral ability, covers some ground quickly.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 5: He He's one of those guys that is a really good finisher, makes big time impacts on ball, cares some range to his play. He could track a ball. He had a forty inch vertical jump at the combine and you can see some of that explosiveness in this game. So if you guys are hunting a linebacker right there, Teddy Buchanan from cal would be a guy that probably is going to be a third round guy if you could grab that extra Ford, maybe that's a guy you consider on day three.
Speaker 10: Awesome hair too, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he definitely does have some great hair. Did you have one?
Speaker 8: I mean I was just up here kicking which Austins I talked about too, but I add one to it. Yeah, Carson Schwessinger, that was Minela.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was gonna be go for it.
Speaker 8: I was sitting back daydreaming today think about him and overshowing today h go on my Twitter, I.
Speaker 9: Talked about it.
Speaker 8: But just just watching that dude do all the things that I like from linebackers, because I normally think that linebackers are either super athletic but they don't process really well, or they process their ass all but dy not fast. Oh Carson does it all man, So as a sideline sideline guy, covering guy backwards downhill, tackle it blissing sometimes with some sacks and all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, four sacks twenty twenty four.
Speaker 8: Sure, I'm like, man, give me, give me him, give me him perfect fit next to over Shan. Let him do mic things because the one thing that we was kind of worried about was the size, with him weighing in at like two forty forty two. Perfect here here, sir, so Carson swestron Man watching versus I would just just read and just get it snap of his fingers, like I'm thirty two years old, you know what I'm saying. So I saw Sean Lee for real, you know what I'm saying. I saw him with my eyes and I missed that super diagnosis, not just the instinct dude, that'll kind of flow his way into a play. But I've been watching film. I know what you're gonna run prior to you running it, and at the snap of my finger, I'm there. I want that back and down. It's so bad. So Carson Swessinger is a fantastic fifth You look good.
Speaker 6: For thirty two votch Hey appreciations. Dave four Ganzi, linebackers coach for the Cowboys. He was in attendance at the Carson Swashinger individual pro day worked him out, so the Cowboys do have context on this guy for sure.
Speaker 7: This would be second round option potentially.
Speaker 8: Now, Nick Harrison, in your opinion, what's more important sending a coach down there to talk to him or like this thirty visit take a picture with Jerry stuff going on right, like like that's something they want to keep in the backpacket quietly, or you're gonna send a coach down and we're not gonna make a big thing. Like what do you think is more impactful?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 7: I think it depends. I think in a situation.
Speaker 6: I think in a situation like this, it would probably be more impactful to have the guy on a thirty because if you if you have a linebacker, you want to get him to talk to the DC.
Speaker 7: You'd like to get him to talk to, you know, some multiple position coaches.
Speaker 6: Maybe even talk to Jerry and see how he operates against around other players for sure, because he's gonna have to be a leader in that defensive room. So I think in this specific case, maybe a thirty visit would be more important. But you look at a guy like Quincy Riley Corner out of Louisville, David Overstreet, the defensive backs coach, was in attendance at his pro day. It was probably more impactful for the position coach to be at his pro day rather than getting him in for a thirty.
Speaker 7: So I think it just kind of depends. It's any either a ward type.
Speaker 5: Of I ask you a real quick question about the thirty. Any word about Golden the wide received from Texas visiting.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: No, No word on Golden as far as I know, he was not one of the thirties. Okay, that could be.
Speaker 6: That could be different, and I wouldn't I wouldn't put too much context into that because.
Speaker 7: They trust me.
Speaker 4: You got to limit that list.
Speaker 7: The Cowboys know about Matthew goldban Okeah yeah, trust me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Swessenger was mine. I think you had hit it right on the head.
Speaker 3: I actually compared him the Demo because a lot of his college tape remind me of Demo's tape sideline, the sideline, just always around the football. Yet ninety solo tackles his senior season next closest was on the leaderboard by fourteen, trailing by fourteen points in terms of solo tackles. Finished with one hundred and thirty six tackles, nine double digit tackle games, most by a linebacker for UCLA since Eric Kendricks.
Speaker 4: He was out there.
Speaker 6: So I'm going to be a cigo just for a second. I'm sorry for the Dallas Day was last Friday. And if you're watching the film right here on the UCLA versus Hawaii, Yeah, if you see that Hawaii quarterback, you're like, hey, he's not bad. He was at Dallas Day this last week. Brandon Sagar. He's a Highland Park grad and he's going to be a UDFA type option. Don't be surprised if the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Take a UDFA quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you look, Graham Mertz out of Florida quarterbacks coach Steve shimcohe was in attendance for his pro day workout. They had a couple of guys in attendance for Dallas Day, Seth Henigan out of Memphis, He's a Denton Ryan product. And then Branden Schagar aka Sagar Bombs out of Highland Park.
Speaker 7: He was in attendance too.
Speaker 3: You and I got to cover him a little bit while he was there. Great kid, high school, great kid.
Speaker 4: I think he's got a connection with Babe Lofenberg, right.
Speaker 7: They both live in Highland Park.
Speaker 4: I think they're both around there. Yeah, that's fair, good point.
Speaker 7: Everybody in Highland Park knows each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like Beaumont, like everybody in Southeast Texas related somehow, it's the same thing in Highland Park.
Speaker 3: But since you took Swesssenger, I'll just throw out Trey Amos because we've already kind of touched on his scouting report and what we say. I think as a second round guy, I think he would be a perfect fit from a big corner outside kind of help you out a little bit with the current corner situation. I would take almost there at forty four and run with it. If that's the case, all right, that does it for us here. On the Draft Show. We'll be back on Thursday. As then we're two weeks out from the NFL Draft. It is coming up very very quickly for Nick Harris. Brian brought us Tommy Yarrish, Fox Lombardi with Jasmine Marshall in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long, We'll see you next week or excuse me, see you on Thursday with more of the Draft Show.
Speaker 9: Who Do Who?
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.