Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington welcomes Ginger Billy May Night through the eleventh, then from White Famous, Catch Jay Farroh ME sixteenth and seventeenth, and don't miss Rocky Dan Davis ME twenty third and twenty fourth. Comedy Off Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call eight five, nine, two, seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway, dot com Comedy Off Bay.
Speaker 2: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome everyone, Kentucky Sports Radio. Wednesday, May the fourteenth. I'm Matt Jones here at the Chaos Barn Grill. It is Wednesday, which means wingsday on Ah.
Speaker 5: What a beautiful day outside, isn't it? Yes, beautiful day outside.
Speaker 4: Beautiful day outside. Matt Jones, Ryan Limit and Drew Franklin. We will be here all day. Come see us at Chaos Barn Grill. Mario is over there. He's got a new toy he's playing with, uh camera that looks like I couldn't would not know how to use it, but uh, I hope it's I hope it goes well.
Speaker 5: You can give a shout.
Speaker 4: Remember, I'm two days into not interrupting killing it.
Speaker 5: You've done a great job. Let's calls go yesterday. I can't believe you let them go that long.
Speaker 4: We're doing ask anything Thursday tomorrow. That'll be the test. That'll be the test, That'll be the test.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, but I'll be in studio in Louisville, so maybe that'll make it easier.
Speaker 5: But you can give us a call. Love to hear from you. Uh.
Speaker 4: Clarks Poppa Chop fun line eight five nine twenty two eighty seven. A vision auto glass text machine is seven seven two four five two five four in this disition sponsored by the t J Smith Loves. If you call TJ, He'll make them pay. Ryan, I got fourteen topics on here, so we may not get to all of them. Last night we did trivia. You were not here. Uh, but uh, there were there were some good questions.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm hearing from my sources they were hard questions last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe, I mean probably the average score was down a little, but the winners did very well. I thought I would test you with a couple to start.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't know any of.
Speaker 4: Them, so this will maybe test your your memory a little bit. Okay, can you name for me? Guys? The last eight teams Kentucky has beaten in the NCAA Tournament. The last eight teams Kentucky has beaten in the NCAA Tournament. Let's see how you can. Let's alternate. Ryan, you go first, Buffalo? Buffalo is one of them? How about you?
Speaker 5: Right? Or Drew?
Speaker 6: Why can I not even think of this season? Who did Kentucky play this season?
Speaker 4: All right? Now, that's embarrassing. I was there that. This is really embarrassing. We beat a good team Illinois. It just took me a second. He is on the show, you know, and he can't get one of them. I was in the building. Can you get one?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember who they beat in the first round this year? It was a really bad team.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll skip you. You are terrible at this.
Speaker 5: What about you?
Speaker 4: Providence? Providence, that's exactly right? Beat them and Greensboro. Now we're up to three. Uh what about before that? Who was before or after that? This is this is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I thought it will would be easier to say who they lost there I wrote about it.
Speaker 4: Well, clearly you didn't pay a lot of attention.
Speaker 5: What good nice job?
Speaker 4: Right at least? I can't believe of all the people on this show, you're the one that actually is remembering that before. So let me just tell you. So I don't listen to watch Crew's like empty head go around. We beat Illinois. Before we beat Illinois, we beat Troy Troy the waffle House team. Yes, then we we we beat Providence, And then you have to go back to before Covideah, right, which is kind of amazing.
Speaker 5: Who did we Who did Tyler Hero hit a shot Houston?
Speaker 4: That's exactly right? And then before that, who did we.
Speaker 5: Beat Uh's team? Shan Knox was.
Speaker 4: Not Shane and Knox's team. This was the team with Tyler Hero Calvin Johnson. Man, it just makes me it was Wafford in the first round. This is the one I think struggled with. No Abilene Christian never would have got that one. And then you're remembering in Boise we beat Buffalo. Do you remember who we opened that up with in Boise? That's the eighth win.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I don't remember Davidson.
Speaker 4: So Davidson, Buffalo, Abilene, Christian Wafford, Houston, Providence in Troll.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a good question because a lot of those schools are really.
Speaker 6: Corey Prescott, all Adam, I'm sure he did. Does he missed many of your Kentucky basketballvery for you. He'll miss like one or two answers out of eight. I have to tell you a little disappointed in your all answers on that. Ryan, I'll actually give you some credit. But Drew not even remembering Illinois took him a little bit. All right, Now, here's a good question. Here's a good question.
Speaker 4: Okay, the ten oldest fast food restaurants in America, go back the far this, that have at least one location in Lexington. Okay, the ten oldest fast food restaurants that have at least one location in Lexington. Now, little hint, some of these are a little obscure and actually only have one location. Now, two of the ten are McDonald's and Burger King. Okay, two of the ten are McDonald's.
Speaker 5: And Burger King.
Speaker 4: But the others are not necessarily some of them A couple of them are big, but none of them. So what would be the eight oldest besides McDonald's and Burger King, fast food joints in America that have.
Speaker 5: A location here in Lexington's.
Speaker 4: Arby's is not one of them.
Speaker 5: Wendy's.
Speaker 4: I just started this by going, these are not necessarily the most prominent, and you are guessing the most prominent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, white Castle, White Castle.
Speaker 4: Is a good one. It's a good job, Shannon. White Castle is the third oldest fast food chain in America. Good guess Shannon is about Crystal? Crystal is not one of them, Shannon, I'm gonna let you keep going. Since you got it. What are you go?
Speaker 3: Hearty's Hardy not on the list?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 5: Sir? Pizza? Sir pizza?
Speaker 3: How about Pizza Hut?
Speaker 4: Pizza Hut was eleven. That's very close Pizza Hut, but it's not on the list because it's but Pizza Hut was was was closed?
Speaker 3: Trying to remember when, like I think Taco Bell started then, you know.
Speaker 4: Talking about and those are much more recent. Yeah, well again, Subway. Subway is the most recent, like like like Subway was. Yeah, you are terrible, all right, I'm gonna go backwards, Sonic. Come on, they were on roller skates minutes ago, Sonic dunkin Donuts. I wouldn't have guess that. I wouldn't guess that one either. Chick fil A, which I wouldn't have guessed old that they have. They have been around since the fifties, no idea, Yes, Dairy Queen, we should have gotten that one. KFC has been around since nineteen thirty and started here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an obvious one.
Speaker 4: That should have been an obvious one which we did not do well. White Castle, you got now the two oldest are extremely hard and only one person got one of these and one no one in here got the other, No kidding A and w Yeah, which has existed since nineteen eighteen. Wow. And then the oldest fast food place in America goes back to nineteen fifteen. And we have one location Nathan's Famous.
Speaker 5: Wow. I don't even know where that is here in town?
Speaker 4: Isn't it just? I think it's just down the road here, isn't it? Isn't it on Harrisburg Road?
Speaker 5: There's one. I looked it up.
Speaker 4: There's one Nathan's Famous in like you ever been to a Nathan's Fame ever?
Speaker 5: I don't know where it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's I think it's on Harridsburg Road. So there you go. Those are the eight uh oldest fast food place.
Speaker 5: Our two neighbors, Dairy Queen, Sonic right here in our own park.
Speaker 4: And all they had to do, Shan it was look outside the door and they could have seen two of it. I hated Sonic right before I walked in have.
Speaker 3: Seen as the most obvious.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 4: So luckily, I think it was good that you all did not play last night. I don't think it necessarily would have been successful. Can I give you one more chance? Since you really were nailing it right now? I want you to give me in all of history, what are the five most watched daytime talk shows and daytime or syndicated game shows? Takes Over The Price is Rights? Number one? Most watched game show of all time? What's number two?
Speaker 3: We're going all game shows here?
Speaker 4: God? Do you do the game shows first?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Will of Fortune?
Speaker 4: Will Fortune's number three?
Speaker 3: Family Feud?
Speaker 5: Family Feuds? Number four?
Speaker 4: Jeopardy Jeopardy's number two?
Speaker 5: Can he go with Clean Sweet?
Speaker 3: Who wants to be a Millionaire?
Speaker 4: Well? The problem is that's a night time.
Speaker 3: It used to be daytime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the daytime wasn't watched it nearly is like, oh god, one more tell the truth, Hollywood Square back to sixty close. That was sixth. Let's make a deal, okay, So now give me the top five talk shows most watched all Jerry Springer. Jerry Springer is number three, Oprah is number one. More Maury is not on the list. Phil Donahue is number six. I was surprised.
Speaker 5: I thought that would be I would have guessed that one.
Speaker 3: Sally, Jesse, Raphael.
Speaker 4: No you're missing, and five Ellen is number four and five like it's not doctor doctor Oz is not.
Speaker 5: On Doctor Phil. Doctor Phil is on there.
Speaker 4: Number two, it's number five still on the View the View. There you go, I attended. That's great.
Speaker 5: That's ks R and a nutshell.
Speaker 4: You are much better at daytime talk shows than the sports we actually cover and the city we live in.
Speaker 5: We really are.
Speaker 4: You are the joy Bahar rides the Whoopie gover. That's right.
Speaker 5: So so there they It does kind of calculate what we're all about. I can't remember who we played in an NCAA tournament, like a couple of months ago, just a couple of months ago. This wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 6: I wrote several stories about those games too. I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 4: All right. So then the other big story besides my trivia last night, Mark Pope did his press conference yesterday, so I there were like three things that stuck out to me. First of all, he says that the roster is likely complete, but they might add a person here or there depending on what happens with the settlement. So basically as I read it is they have thirteen players, but if the settlement here in June allows them to get fifteen, they might go get one or two more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wouldn't just definitively say they're done with the roster, like he was leaving that door open. And I think it's because of that reason you just said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, as part of the settlement, if Congress makes it into legislation, which right now Congress can't even get the budget passed, so I don't know if that's going to happen, but if they do get to legislation, it would include fifteen basketball players. So, Drew, I do think he was leaving an opening for if that happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he called it. There could be some movement. I didn't read that as anyone leaving or anything, but that he could add some guys to store on the end of the bench for on down the road.
Speaker 4: So we'll see about that. Second, he did give a nice comment about Travis Perry, said it broke his heart when he left. What did you make of that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he said he was devastated when Travis Perry left. And I heard that comment. He really said some nice things, some things that I think we probably all felt the same as Coach Hope did that we kind of hated devastated. Well, I was disappointed bed it was. It was tough. I had to, you know, put on my number eleven line in County Jersey and Moseyana here to came.
Speaker 4: I was disappointed to see him go, but I didn't know you were devastated by.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess the rest of the comments like, you know, hey, we think he's a really good player, we think he's really gonna be of success, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I thought that was nice to see Drew still surprised that didn't get said at the time, but it was good now that he was able to able to say that, But not that anyone thought there was a way Pope pushed him or one of them was okay with it.
Speaker 6: And he made it very clear that was one hundred percent on Travis just wanted to leave them, that they wanted to keep him.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I thought that was nice. And then he made a quote about let's see, I want to find it because I want to get it right.
Speaker 5: Uh well, all right.
Speaker 4: Here was Pope about the overall program. We want to play the hardest schedule. We want to play the best teams. We want to win the most games. We want to have the best players. We want to have the highest in the nil we want the coolest uniforms. We should be the best at everything. I think if you were to sum up how fans want UK basketball to be, that is about the best summary of a quote you can get. Would you agree?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Afterlutely when we were saying that we like pump like yeah, yeah, yeah, we want the best schedule. We ain't scared to play anybody. Load them up, let's go, let's go play. We want to be the coolest team. We want to be the best uniform. I love you threw that out there too. We want them to look the best.
Speaker 4: It's interesting because it's very there are some parts of that Drew that are different than the last guy. Yeah, we want to have the hardest schedule, right, different, that's not I mean to be fair to Cal. They didn't play easy schedules, but I don't think he would have said that necessarily. Uh, we want to win the most games. That's even though they want a lot. Col's thing was be ready for March yep, right, that was his big thing. We want to have the highest in il. If you remember, Cal said we don't need in ile, right, we can do this on our own. H And we wore the same uniform we wait with all our throwbacks. It took until just a couple of years ago to finally wear any of them. So I actually just thought that was very interesting. He kind of you know what Cal used to say about the gold standard mark, Pope is articulating a gold standard that basically says, I don't care what it is in college basketball, we want to be the best at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that one really took off. I mean Pope spoke for over thirty minutes yesterday. We have content on top of content on top of content for the website, but that one is the one that got the most attention. I think Mario made a graphic that went viral. That one got the fans fired up. Sam, we just want to be the best at absolutely everything. There's been people criticizing Kentucky for spending too much money. Pope's like, no, we want to have the most money. We want to be the best of the best of the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you want to have the most. It's like the Dodgers owner in baseball. They're like, you're spending way more than everybody else, and he goes because we want to win. Yeah, I mean I think that's a similar view here.
Speaker 5: It did resonate with fans and it got me excited just at one quote right there, like, man, this, this is this is why he's here, This is why we love our coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, uh, you know, I think he seemed like he handed the press conference.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I did have a listener write in he said the word beautiful sixteen times, but I might actually go over on that. He always says it a lot.
Speaker 6: We were halfway through the press conference and I text our group chat like, this is gonna be an all time.
Speaker 4: We need to do something chanting about the beautifuls. Do we need to like have a buzzer.
Speaker 5: Because it's it's it's.
Speaker 4: A lot, it's special there's probably thirty specials yesterday.
Speaker 3: Everybody's gather on like crutch words they.
Speaker 4: Use, And is there any word we say as much as beautiful? Like if you I mean, I mean beautiful is also a weird work, Like I'm trying to think how many times do I say beautiful in a week? I'm not sure I ever.
Speaker 3: Say you may have said it this morning he says a beautiful day.
Speaker 4: Okay. Yeah, if I'm gonna say beautiful, I would probably say it in the context of day or maybe woman. I'm not like Travis Perry is beautiful, Like I don't usually say that Treneoa has a beautiful body. Yeah, I'm I don't think I would say Noah has a beautiful bard, but Mark Pope does, and.
Speaker 6: Everything is special. At some point, one of these players aren't going to be special. So I feel like we're kind of the boy crowd for the guys.
Speaker 4: That someone's not special. Five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We are here at CHS Bar, Beautiful KS Bar and Grill. This is Kentucky Sports Radio. Welcome back Tukey Sports Radio eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Text Machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four Well versus rights. Matt Nathan's Famous is my favorite fast food place. Can't believe you all don't know it. I mean I've heard of it, But I what do they sell?
Speaker 5: Dogs?
Speaker 4: Dogs?
Speaker 3: Famous hot dogs?
Speaker 4: Are they good?
Speaker 5: I've never had them like any.
Speaker 3: Other i've had them.
Speaker 2: I had them up in Uh, it was in New York City.
Speaker 3: It's some I think.
Speaker 5: Is that the Cony Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thank you, that's the name. I couldn't think of it. Cony Island.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the famous hot dog eating contest two three. I didn't know they First of all, I didn't know they had a location here. Uh. Secondly, I've never had them. So, but it is the oldest fast food place.
Speaker 5: So explain to me that the location in Lexington is Fish's Big Boy.
Speaker 4: Well, they said it says it's in in Hamburg. I said, Harrisburg Road. It says it's in Hamburg. I guess it's one of those ghost kitchens. Do you know about what ghost kitchens.
Speaker 5: You guys are? Explain it to me.
Speaker 4: I'm not there a restaurants here in town that sell food on door dash for restaurants that are not them. So it's like, do you know what miss mister Beast burgers are.
Speaker 5: I've never had one, but I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Kids like them right because it's mister Beasts guys correct, But there's not a Mister Beast restaurant. They used to sell them out of this Frish's Big Boy right over here before it Club Road, and I think it kept it up open for a long time. So when you go, if you go on door Dash and you order, there are some places you can order that actually don't have a physical location in Lexington, but a kitchen at a different restaurant sells it. So so presumably, like you know, we could be in and out Burger or something if there isn't one. I see there isn't one here.
Speaker 5: So the Nathan's Hot Stand in Lexington basically is just location.
Speaker 4: But apparently people are telling me it's the it's the ghost place of Frishes. It's like you can't actually.
Speaker 6: They go to Sam's Club and get the Nathan's Hot Dog pack because they sell it there and then they just serve it out a Big Boy's kitchen. Don't tell you where it's coming from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had no Ideatty Common Uh, I've heard, especially like in towns like Lexington. They're they're everywhere. One person writes, Matt, Uh, you guys say dudes way too much. You say dudes as much as they say beautiful. I don't think that's true.
Speaker 3: You say dudes, we got some dudes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll say we need dudes, but I don't. I mean, I don't think I say it about it every I don't think every day I'm like dudes. I'm like, we were indeed dudes.
Speaker 3: Only when you say my name is probably the only Well.
Speaker 5: That's true, dude.
Speaker 6: I guess maybe they don't know that Shannon's nickname, and he just thinks you're addressing Shannon as the dude.
Speaker 4: One person writes, Matt's you say you appreciate you ate the call a lot. That's fair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fair.
Speaker 4: Another person says, Matt, is it still the summer of Elly? No, it is the melancholy spring of Elly. Although he did it at a home run last night. That was that was big. But the Reds, I mean that they stink so bad, like they're just terrible, literal.
Speaker 5: They lost like seven out of eight, eight out of nine, something like that.
Speaker 4: They're twenty out of twenty.
Speaker 5: Is what it is.
Speaker 4: And they're playing the White Sox, who I didn't even know we're still allowed to have a team, and they lost last night. That tonight they're doing the Pete Rose thing, which gets me to the second point before I go, the phone's Pete Rose. The Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says that Pete Rose is now eligible for the Hall of Fame. A lot of people are upset, said, why'd you wait till he died? Manfred said, Basically, it's a lifetime ban, and when your life ends that it goes away. I think that's probably complete nonsense. Can since shoeles Joe Jackson's been dead for sixty years and they just now let him in yesterday, so or let him be eligible yesterday. I know this is important to you and Shannon specifically, So do you want to rant about Pete Rose?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just like you and everybody else. It's ridiculous they have to wait till somebody to pass, Like as.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you that, I think it's ridiculous he's using as an excuse.
Speaker 5: But go ahead, Yeah, I mean the man when he was a player, no indication that he cheated at all all the things that happened when he was a manager, So why could he always felt like, why couldn't he be enshrined in Cooperstown just as a player. And you can put an asterisk on the plaqu or whatever you want to, but it just makes no sense that the leading hit guy, the leading home run guy, one of the best pictures of our generation, are all not in the Hall of Fame for as a player.
Speaker 2: This on the pre show for turn segments. But my thing is, okay, if you're going to say he's eligible now, why is it okay now that he bet on baseball? You know what I'm saying, Like, if you want to stay consistent with that he should.
Speaker 4: You don't buy the it's a lifetime ban.
Speaker 2: And why is it okay now to put him in now that he's passed away. I think it's a slap to Pete Rose's face to do this eight months after the guy dies.
Speaker 3: You could have given him some flowers while he was alive.
Speaker 2: It clearly meant a lot to him to be into the Baseball Hall of Fame, and you wait eight months after he dies and says, no, he's gonna.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought I've always thought these I've said for a long time, I think these dudes should be in the Hall of Fame. It's not a morality contest, right, like it's whether or not you're good at baseball. So, but Barry Bond should be in, Pete Roach should be in, Uh, she was, Joe Jackson should be in. Kurt Chilling. You just Roger Clemens, you named the person with that said he did do the number one thing you can't do. And there is a sense that people act like Pete Rose is the only one that's been punished for this. They've banded like three NBA players for life just recently, just recently, So I don't mind the band for life. I do sort of agree with Shannon though, like to wait till eight months after he dies and then do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he should never be in.
Speaker 5: Then if you believe that, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: I can understand if you change your policy and say we're not going to ban anybody, they might be banned from baseball, but not from the Hall of Fame. But to do the whole well, his life's over now, so now you can do it, to me seems a little lame.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people even predicted this when Pete Rose died, it's like, now, watch, he'll finally change it now that he's gone. And here it didn't even take a full year for them to change it and make him eligible. Now we got to see if they'll actually vote him in.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're voted. Yeah, yeah, I don't think I don't think those voters do the worst.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're not gonna.
Speaker 4: I mean they seven voted Bonds in and they seven voted Clemens in.
Speaker 5: Baseball writers hold themselves to a pretty high standard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, so it's you're the Baseball Hall of Fame acts like, yeah, it's trying to elect of the game the game, and there's a lot of people in there, you know that did a lot of bad things.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 4: In the committee or in the Hall of Fame. I think part of it was they just didn't like Peter Rose. P Ros apparently was a very hard person to along with, and I think they didn't want to give him the satisfaction of winning still the greatest. Oh, no question. TJ.
Speaker 5: Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 2: No more of Kentucky Sports by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, So tonight they're doing a Pete Rose ceremony at the Reds. I think the first maybe second time they've done something like that, and they're giving everybody a jersey. If you go, I'm not going, but I'm gonna probably sell the tickets this afternoon, hopefully get a premium on him. Is that you will see what what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were talking during the break. I thought I was pretty generous of the Red is kind of a cool thing to give everybody a jersey.
Speaker 4: It gets people to come to the game.
Speaker 5: It'll be pat Yeah, I mean the twenty dollars. It's a Wednesday game against the White Sox.
Speaker 4: They didn't put it for Friday night versus the Yankees. They put it Wednesday versus the White Sox.
Speaker 6: Don't make it back on pretzels and beer real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think it makes sense what person rights, Matt. You can't compare a Rose's situation to Bonds and Clemens. Roseen never cheated while playing, unlike the steroid guys. I feel like I say this all the time. The steroid guys, it wasn't illegal when they did it. Yeah, Like they're bandoned dudes for stuff. They didn't test for it. I don't know how you can get I don't. I mean, clearly Bonds was on steroids, so was Clemmens, So were probably a lot of guys. First of all, there are dudes that were in on steroids who are in the Hall of Fame. But the other thing is it wasn't illegal. They didn't test for it, So how you gonna get mad? I mean, it may have been technically illegal, but they did not test for it. So what do you want? I mean, they you know, throwing spitballs was illegal, but it was what is it? You ain't illegal unless you get caught. They never they never found a test of these guys of it being sterari. I don't know how you can band somebody when they never even were found guilty. Even if we know they did it in America, you still gotta find them guilty.
Speaker 6: I would think, Drew, you probably go back to the beginning of time in baseball and someone was doing something to get an advan that they weren't supposed to do.
Speaker 4: In the Hall of Fame is probably full of those people, a ton of them.
Speaker 5: And then Chiless Joe Jackson.
Speaker 4: They let him in yesterday too. It's been sixty years since he's been dead in many and I can't believe I'm saying this. A lot of you all will be shocked. I'm saying it's Kurt Shilling's the worst. Kurt Shilling is banned just for being a jerk and just for being like a maga guy online. And again, I think Kurt Chilling is a jerk, and I think his political commentary is awful. But it has nothing to do with whether or not you're in the Hall of Fame, in my opinion, Like it shouldn't just look at the stats in the record and go off. That should have nothing. Someone else judges their character. Yeah, the character part, once you get into.
Speaker 3: That, probably nobody belongs on the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna go by that.
Speaker 4: It's not the nice guy fame. It's not the you know who do you want to date your daughter? Hall of fame?
Speaker 5: Well, you know the guys Bonds, Maguire, and Sosa, they hit all the home runs with the on steroids, probably, but you know what, so are the pitchers who were throwing the baseball.
Speaker 4: They were still able to think Roger Clemens was double the size. Yeah, finished, what's crazy about Bonds and Clemens is they were both really good when they were young and skinny. Yes, like they both were awesome both they would have been in the Hall of Fame before that. Can they put him in just before they took the steroids? Count Bonds just their early pictures that story. Did we talk about this? I don't know if we did. I saw a video, Shannon, you'll appreciate this as a Braves fan. Maddox, Glavin Smoltz and uh and Pedro Martinez. Okay, those four all for the best pictures.
Speaker 5: Maybe sure we are Hall of famers.
Speaker 4: They pitched to Tony Gwynn and Barry Bonds in the course of their career. I want to say, let's say seven hundred and fifty times those two guys over the course of the seven hundred and fifty times combined those four pictures struck those two guys out four times.
Speaker 5: Wow, insane. I know Tony gwyn never struck out isane, So they still Tony Gwinn was onebelievable, Barry Bonds was three unbelievable.
Speaker 6: So Tony gwyn strikeout stats by themselves or nuts are nuts? This year that like through two months had more than Gwyn Henda's entire.
Speaker 4: Yeer, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: All right, who's up first, Ben, Ben?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Ben, Good morning guys.
Speaker 7: So we were talking yesterday about, uh, like the pressure of having Kentucky boys come beyond the basketball team. I'm kind of the belief now that maybe it's just best we don't recruit Kentucky players, if just because like there's just too much pressure, and like I feel bad for what have with Perry and all that. I just that's just my thought. I've been thinking about the last couple of hours.
Speaker 4: There an interesting question, all right, so I appreciate the call. Do you think there's always been this belief amongst our fan base to some extent, we should have these Kentucky guys. Do you think there's an argument of the opposite, that we need to be careful recruiting those guys because it puts so much pressure on them and then so much pressure on the coaching staff.
Speaker 5: Maybe at a certain time, by the way, that's what Cal thought. Yeah, that's exactly what Cal.
Speaker 4: He got a little tired of the dump play. Dante A. Yeah, but go ahead.
Speaker 5: I think there are times where, yeah, maybe it kind of factors in, But like, right, now, Jasper Johnson is gonna be a superstar. Malachi Marino always he was recruited by everybody. These Kentucky's producing better level talent now. Trent Nooa ended up being a great player last year. So I think you can't overlook these guys now.
Speaker 4: Is there though? They better be like because nobody's gonna argue you shouldn't have gotten Jasper Johnson or Malachomraine?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Is there an argument? Though? If you're gonna give a reach for somebody, do you give a reach? I've always taken the belief if you're gonna take the one hundred and fiftieth ranked player, then take the one hundred and sixtieth and he's from Kentucky. But do you is there any possibility that that's the opposite?
Speaker 6: I still believe you should get them if they if they're worth it. But I mean, it's obvious there's a pressure that's not on everyone else, and a pressure to play him and the fans wanted more. I mean, they just have to know that when they sign up that it's coming, because there's nothing you can do about it. But I wouldn't skip over a guy just because that exists.
Speaker 4: It's It'll be interesting with these two guys because Travis Perry and Trent Noah. I think Noah will play his whole career here, just a prediction. I could end up being wrong about that, but I think he will. But I also think Trent Noah knew what was gonna happen when he got here, right. I think I think he knew he was the thirteenth man when he signed. Travis Perry signed with CAL, he was at the Pope press conference, he started some games, and I do think that maybe changed all of those things his expectations a little bit.
Speaker 5: I think so on like I said yes day, wish and Travis have a due over because he was just forced to play when he maybe he wasn't ready yet. I still think he's gonna be a really good player down the road. He just wasn't ready to play SEC guards point guard in the SEC last year, especially starting man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yah, he probably wasn't. Who's up next, Brennan? Go ahead, Brennan.
Speaker 8: Hey, I just had a few questionstions about the revenue sharing court case. That's that they're deciding right now. Okay, one could what happens to all the NIL agreements once they finally decide that do all of those go away?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 4: All the NIL agreements as of this moment are one year agreements, right, so like they just go away because they're over. I think what's going to happen in the future is that some of that's gonna change and some of these agreements are going to be longer and it'll be a little different. But like, if you're asking, are there agreements that occur right now that'll be void? I do. I think the answer to that is no. These schools have known this as coming. I think they've signed agreements to make sure that they will work for the coming year. Gotcha?
Speaker 8: Okay? And second, once they do decide, once that case is over, could it be a appealed? You know?
Speaker 4: Further well, this is not. No, probably not, because this is what's called a class action lawsuit and they are in the settlement proceedings, right, So both parties agree this is what they want.
Speaker 5: They just have to get the judge to approve it.
Speaker 4: So if the judge approves it, there's nobody to appeal it because both sides agree. The issue is got you again. Law is complicated and nerdy, but but the issue is this, this lawsuit is going to settle the claims for everyone that has ever played college basketball football in the past, and the NCAA want and the wants this to become the rules for the future. But what is almost certain to happen is the next year of players, somebody's going to sue and say, yeah, you may want that, but I wasn't part of that settlement, so it doesn't apply to me. And they're probably going to be right, which is why Congress has to pass the legislation. Because if Congress doesn't pass the legislation, and that's why I don't really believe in Trump's commission, it's not gonna be legal without congressional legislation. And that's why you see Nick say, that's why you see Tommy Tuberville and these guys Ted Cruz, Corey Booker trying to get something passed, and they need to get it passed before recruiting starts for real in the late summer and fall. And we'll see, sir, whether or not it happens.
Speaker 8: Got you, Okay?
Speaker 4: Thanks? Does that make sense now? I can tell by your face it doesn't make sh When he takes a deep breath like that, that means he had no idea what I was talking like. He just first of all, actually I know exactly what that deep breath meant. You tuned out.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to understand it. It's just way comic case.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try real easy, all right, There's been a lot Dante played football back in the day.
Speaker 5: He did, he didn't get any money. He didn't get any money.
Speaker 4: This lawsuit goes back for all that money. Actually won't get any because he's so old he wasn't even in the class. But this takes all the players that were exploited in the past. If they if the judge agrees to this settlement, they'll get a check for X amount of money and then they're.
Speaker 5: Done done going forward.
Speaker 4: The NCAA is saying, we're gonna apply these rules going forward, but there's gonna be some player that says that's not legal, and they're gonna sue, and in my humble legal opinion, they're gonna win. And so the NCAA knows that, and so they're trying to get Congress to pass a law that says, hey, these parameters we agreed to, let's make that the law going forward. And I think it's probably gonna happen, but it needs to happen quickly, and nothing in Congress happens quickly.
Speaker 5: So like all these prayers have to sign contracts like some sort of legal binding.
Speaker 4: They already do, it's just some of them don't get inforced. But what's gonna happen is the university has twenty two million dollars. I'm recruiting Mario. Wanna say, Mario, out of this twenty two million dollars, I'm giving you five hundred thousand dollars, you at the University of Kentucky are gonna sign a deal with this LLC. We just created that. Mitch and them created a couple weeks ago, and it says, if you play here for two years, I'll give you five hundred thousand dollars a year. It'll just be a contract. You'll be an independent contractor like my wrestlers are in OVW And then that's that, and then we'll go to somebody else. But there'll be a cap of twenty two million dollars. Now, if ks Barr wants to sign Mario to one hundred thousand dollars deal, I'm still allowed to do that. But under the new rules, what I can't do in theory is say, Mario, if you are in high school and come to Kentucky, ks bar will give you one hundred thousand dollars that now will be banned. In theory, whether or not that will be enforced, we'll have to wait and see. I have very little faith if that gets enforced. Years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with the money from the University of the twenty two million, and then businesses will still be paying people.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people agree with you about that, but that's the idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we'll see what happened Shady Rays.
Speaker 4: If you need sunglasses to help keep not only keep the sun out of your eyes, but help you look fashionable, how about Shady Rays. How about how about him right there, premium polarized shades that not only look great, they they're they're in great shape and then you know they got the best protection if you end up breaking them, they'll help you out. Use my promo code KSR Lexington, Louisville and online at shady rays dot com. No sunglass country or no sunglass company has grown more in America. It is Shady Rays. We'll take a break, be right back. It's KSR. It's no matter which school does it first? And I think Louisvie's gonna be the first water back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio EF. I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. What person rates man? I love to listen in the spring because I get to hear birds chirping in the back of that like it's the masters. That's true. When we open up this gate, you get to hear birds outside.
Speaker 6: They're louder than usual. You know, I'm the bird whisper on the show. I usually corralled them, get them outside. I feel like we've got an army in there today on the patio. Can I play something exciting?
Speaker 5: I'm ready to hear.
Speaker 4: I hope this translates on the radio. Okay, watch the video? Okay, So, uh you know I love the environments of European soccer, Yes you do. Okay, So they and you know, they take teams and they get promoted and relegated, right, they go up and they go down?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Now in Britain they're playing the games that decide who gets to go up. Okayund sir, turn.
Speaker 5: Keep it down just a minute if you're gonna see just okay.
Speaker 4: Sunderland was playing Coventry City. Okay, okay, Sunderland plays in the Stadium of Light. I've been to the Stadium of Light. It is when it's lit up, it is beautiful.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful stadium.
Speaker 4: Mark, it is beautiful. It is a stadium of lot. Is it special. I'm not gonna say that, but it's very nice. They were playing yesterday. It is tied to too. The winner moves on. There are thirty seconds left. Guy kicks a corner kick. They score goals. Sunderland is now going to the finals to get to move up. This was the scene yesterday. Ryan at the Stadium of Light.
Speaker 5: Okay, the fair takes the corner.
Speaker 9: Blood that's on. I don't play on our pristas owns.
Speaker 5: If I thought it's been.
Speaker 9: A nights Thurman a two legs, we hope.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, unbelievable.
Speaker 9: Saint fling understanding of rights.
Speaker 4: I'm having a.
Speaker 9: Saint Saint fly its.
Speaker 5: L How do you love that?
Speaker 4: I love it?
Speaker 5: At the Stadium of Light. Love every second. He just screamed, that's all I did.
Speaker 3: Scream His hero was on fire.
Speaker 4: Oh it was awesome.
Speaker 5: I have no idea who either one of those teams are, but I loved every second of that.
Speaker 4: That was in fantastic, in fantastic, that's right, it was the Stadium of life. You need to see the video. You want to talk about a stadium losing their minds, I mean, Shannon, you see the video there. People are going insane, all the players take their shirts off, everyone. I mean, people are losing their minds. That's what I like about sports. I would have loved to last night have been to the stadium lights. I saw ESPN had his number two play in the top ten yesterday.
Speaker 6: As well, American commentary doesn't have enough high pitch screening. We've got some great, great, great commentators. I like a good Mike Breen bang in the NBA, but we need some people to just absolutely lose their minds when things happens in games. I love hearing that European soccer. Yes I even know what they said. They were just squealing fake rock. Hoffers said that was screaming leech.
Speaker 4: That definitely was screaming Leach. Okay, one other thing, and then we're gonna We're gonna go to a little basketball. Some good news for some guys in the draft. For UK there's a TikTok right now. That's going viral. Who would win in a fight one hundred British people or one hundred Americans? Since we're talking about the Stadium of Light, put one hundred Americans or one hundred British into a fist fight? Who would win? I thought a lot. I thought too much about this for a grown man. Who do you think would win?
Speaker 5: Picking the Americans? Of course? Why our colors don't run?
Speaker 4: That's a stupid answer.
Speaker 5: But why what?
Speaker 4: But like, do you have any reason beyond America?
Speaker 5: I think I think our American guys can kind of be a little more sneaky and cheat and win in a fight, a fist fight.
Speaker 4: Sneaky and cheat, yes, okay, yeah, yeah, it's a great answer. Really national pride too. We we cheat and are sneaky more. What about you? You know we already won a good war against them.
Speaker 5: The lead.
Speaker 4: Actually wrote two, we're eight team twelve. I think we're up too.
Speaker 6: Oh for that reason, I think I'm going the other way. I think the pressure is on there. Whoa the we come in with an arrogance, you know, we wear those shirts world the champs and all that. We think we're the best at everything, and then in their sports their fans are fighting in the crowd. I feel like they fight a lot there. So I think we lose Game three in this segment.
Speaker 4: I'm betting you must win situation when you're down to oh, exactly, what about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just gonna say the same thing about the war. I mean, I feel like we already had this fight. We won, so we went again.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're like, why not we went off with the Yeah. The key part of this is fist fight. They don't have guns, right, they don't. They're called they don't have it's a gunfight. Nobody's beating America in a gun fight. We are, we are gun rific. But I don't know how many people have been to Britain. I've seen how many fist fights they have. They fight all the time. It's like Clay County. Everybody fights. You know. Now, if it's one hundred Apple at Jens, I'm taking America money. Okay, I'm taking one seed. You give me one hundred people from Clay County. Brits don't stand a chance. But you just take random Americans and random Brits. They fight more. They go to pubs. Part of the culture they got a lot of rowdies. There are a lot more working class most of them than a lot of America is. So you just take one hundred random people. I'm taking the British, but you take one hundred Appalachians. Yeah, that's a different situation. I'm taking one hundred British over one hundred random Americans. But if I get to pick the Americans and I get to pick the British, then I'm taking the America.
Speaker 6: If it's like a symbol, you're Avengers team of Americans. Yes, yeah, okay, I get to pick.
Speaker 4: You know, if I get to pick like twenty people from Appalachia, twenty people from the city, you get a region where they do lottery. Like you give me twenty people from New York, you give me twenty people from the Deep South. That's a different situation. But you know, I get twenty people from out here in the streets of Lexington, and they're going up against people from Liverpool. Forget it. We got no chance, Silicon Valley. We're in trouble. You kidding, We're done. If I get what Ben Shapiro I mean, I got, I got no chance. If I can, like, come on, but you give me one hundred people from Clay County.
Speaker 5: I'll take us all day long.
Speaker 4: That's right. If I'm nine, twenty two eighty seven, we're gonna take a break. We'll be right back. This is Kentucky Sports Radio.