Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our two.
Speaker 2: On this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show. The NFL taking front and center stage from everybody else again. The NFL's Christmas decision shoves the NBA aside on its showcase day. Keep this in mind, two NFL games on Christmas this year. Last Christmas, NFL games got six times the viewership of NBA games. So you're going to go head to head with the NFL again in twenty twenty four, which is really bad news for the NBA as they start negotiations on a new TV deal. That's their signature day, that's when the NBA season really starts, Christmas Day, And now you're going to kick them to the curb because you're going to have the NBA competing with the NFL. If you want to say that so kind of difficult. Well, when you think about that, I'm not sure if the NBA can grab a hold of another holiday. Now they're gonna lose Christmas, like Easter. Can you grab a hold of Easter and say yeah, we owned Easter? There? Good luck with that. Welcome to the program. As you can tell already in progress, we'll get phone calls coming up. Mike Tannenbaum created some news yesterday. He had his mock draft, former front office executive working for the Mothership, and he says that we're going to have the first four picks be quarterbacks. Now, I'm really curious what Jim Harbaugh is going to do because it feels there's so much talent out there, and you got Justin Herbert, You've already lost your receivers. You got all of those receivers are going to be available. They have their pick of any receiver right now. If you look at the mock draft and it's going to go one, two, three, four quarterback Chargers, then on the clock, I get the feeling the Chargers are going to go offensive line. And the reason being is Jim Harbaugh is going to build this team just like he built all of his other teams. He's going to build it from the inside out. He's going to build it with the offensive line and defensive line. That's what he did at Michigan, when he was with the forty nine ers, when he was with Stanford, physical teams. And I would not be surprised if he zeroes in on the tackle from Notre Dame alt who I think is six ' nine, like three hundred and twenty five pounds. You want to make sure that you are building a dominating offensive line, But he can have any of these wide receivers. Imagine going in to talk to Justin Herbert say, Justin, got good news, man, maybe not such good news. Okay, give me the not such good news. We're not going to take a wide receiver at number five. What's the good news. We're going to give you maybe the best offensive lineman in this draft. If I'm a quarterback, I'd like to make sure that I have time to throw. I might not be throwing to great receivers, but you can have great receivers and not have time to throw to them. So which one would you rather have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul, Yeah, if you have a good line, you can make an average receiver into a very good receiver. It doesn't work the other way around. Harbaugh did like ten minutes yesterday during the owner's meetings on the offensive line. Yeah, and he said it's the only spot on the football team that's not dependent on anybody else, and everyone else is dependent on it.
Speaker 2: And I thought that that was a take that I had not heard before, where he's saying, an offensive lineman doesn't need to rely on the quarterback or running back or wide receivers. The offensive lineman's job is to block. You're not waiting for somebody else. The offensive line is a group. They're leaning on each other, but they don't require you know, quarterback needs the offensive line to protect you, and you've got to have somebody who I can throw the ball to. Uh, same thing with any other position there you need help from others. Where Hardball is saying, just build the offensive line, and I think that's what they're probably going to do. I know that they had been linked to Brock Bauers, the tight end from Georgia. Now I'm seeing him drop down maybe out of the top fifteen. You've got probably four or five receivers who were first round talents. You're going to have probably six quarterbacks. Although I got the over under this. According to DraftKings, how many quarterbacks will be taken in the first round right now, the over is the favorite at plus four and a half. Stat of the day stat of the day. Stead of the day stat of the.
Speaker 4: Day, here comes that what stat of the day.
Speaker 2: It feels like the obvious is the over if the first four picks are going to be quarterback? Are they saying then that they're not going to be two other quarterbacks taken? So then bow Knicks and Michael Pennix they won't so one of those won't be drafted. I don't know. I keep waiting to see what Sean Payton does, because Sean Payton, if you want to jump up there, and I don't know if it's JJ McCarthy or he'd settle for bow Nicks. But Denver, right now, at twelve, they got to move up and they know that unless they go, well, you know, we'll take Pennix or bow Nicks. Knowing Sean Payton, he doesn't. He doesn't draft that way. He doesn't go, well, you know, we'll take one or the other. He'll have his sights set on one guy. Now the question is can you go get him? What's it going to cost? The Vikings they need a quarterback as well. But according to Mike Tannenbaum his mock draft, he's got the Cardinals drafting JJ McCarthy and then trading Kyler Murray to Minnesota, which is spicy. Yeah, Paul, what do you think of.
Speaker 5: The Minnesota angle of that? Like as a strategy for their franchise.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want Kyler Murray. I just you know, he can be talented. I don't know if I think he's been so good at football of his life that he never put the time in. I don't know if now's the time that he starts to do it. Maybe he's grown up. But if you said I could have JJ McCarthy or Drake May on a rookie deal, or Kyler Murray, then I would take JJ McCarthy or Drake May on a rookie deal. I would take my chances with that. I mean, Kyler doesn't stay healthy either. I just I think there's a few red flags there. Now, maybe Arizona stays at four and then they draft a receiver. I mean, you can have anybody you want, which would be interesting, but the Chargers at five, Jim Harbo is going to have all that talent, skilled position players and probably take an offensive lineman. Yeaeston.
Speaker 6: But if you're a player like say Justin Jefferson, Yeah, and you're sitting watching, Okay, let's see what we do. Are you excited about the possibility of a rookie quarterback coming in. I'm definitely not. I already just sat through with this dude. Didn't happen. Now, I gotta wait for this kid to get up to speed. Why don't you get a couple more draft picks?
Speaker 2: But I'm gone I would. I don't think Justin Jefferson is going to be there. I think that they'll probably because he's gonna be expensive. He's gonna want thirty million dollars. Now you can say, well, we're not paying our quarterbacks who we can afford to pay him. I get feeling Justin Jefferson will play, you know, someplace, even just taking money out of it. Just from the competitive standpoint. I'm not trying to waste another two or three years of my life while this dude my career, while this guy's getting up to speed.
Speaker 7: Nah.
Speaker 2: I got some other DraftKings prop bets here? What team will select JJ McCarthy The Vikings, Vikings are the favorites, Bennett's the Giants come out and Patriots? Who's drafting bow Nicks? According to DraftKings Tod do you want to guess, I'm gonna say, bo Nicks? You weren't listening, were you?
Speaker 8: If bo Nicks was.
Speaker 2: Off the board, you weren't listening.
Speaker 8: I was reading a show on.
Speaker 9: Peyton article to see if I could find out more about what they're No.
Speaker 2: It was just a you weren't listening. Okay, which team will draft bow Knicks? I'm gonna say Denver, Yeah, but you can't be in it now because you weren't listening. Michael Pennix, Yeah, eleven. Uh it's the Broncos, Vikings Raiders and then the Patriots. Uh. The player who will be selected number two overall according to DraftKings, Paulie Jayden Daniels, Yes, he is the favorite. Then it's Drake May, then it's J. J. McCarthy.
Speaker 5: You know Daniel's pro day is today, not prote a bump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope he rolls left, throws right, sixty yards hot. Yeah. You know his footwork was a little.
Speaker 6: That's the least things always gone. Wasn't impressed with his footwork at least a lot to be desired.
Speaker 2: Well, I heard this yesterday. A friend of mine says, yeah, you know you mentioned bo Nix a lot on the show, and I go, well, you had a great year. He goes, yeah, question his arm strength and I go, oh, okay, goes yeah at a couple balls that fluttered during a Senior Bowl practice or something, I went, Okay, how about this over underwind totals. This is going to surprise you. I got some for you. If I said over under Steelers this year, I knew you were going to start there. All right, I'm going to start with you.
Speaker 7: I'm going to say nine and a half. Right, Paulie nailed it? Oh Man ten Marvin eight and a half, blue bloom. Could this be the first losing season? They're just daring, Yes they are. If they want you to take that, God, they're just ruthless.
Speaker 2: All right, here's one for you. Here is one for you. Over under Falcons. O Nicks call back eleven Paulie over under Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 10: According to DraftKings, uh seven and a.
Speaker 2: Half, Marvin six and a half, Todd nine and a half, Seating eight and a half, ten and a half.
Speaker 5: Ross is back the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not Russ I had cousins.
Speaker 8: Yeah they're not going eleven and six.
Speaker 2: Uh. I take over under Jets, Paulie.
Speaker 8: Uh uh.
Speaker 2: Eight Marvin nine and a half. Whoo whoo nine and a half for the Jets. And of course we are required to ask about the Cowboys over under let's not. Yeah, we have to work them into the show. Twenty seven and mandaty Todd over under for the Cowboys this season and even ten?
Speaker 10: Right, Paulie uh eleven and a half, Marvin twelve and a half, seat ten and one half, Blue Bloop ten and a half.
Speaker 2: I would have said eleven and a half. I know, I know. How about the Texans? Do they take the next big step? Todd? The Texans over underwin total according to DraftKings ten and a half, Paulie uh eleven even Marvin eleven and a half seat O'Connor.
Speaker 6: Did you want to say ten and a half, nine and a half, eight and a half, seven and a half, six and a half.
Speaker 2: It's nine and a half. Nailed it, So maybe not that big jump that everybody's thinking. Nine and a half. How about the Packers over underwind totals? Todd will start with you nine and a half alright, Paulie.
Speaker 5: Ten and a half.
Speaker 2: Bloop bloop bloop, Packers with ten and a half. So recapping the Falcons, Cowboys and Packers all have over underwind totals of ten and a half, the Jets at nine and a half, Texans nine and a half and the Steelers at eight and a half according to DraftKings. According to DraftKings.
Speaker 5: We need these little little noises that we make over here.
Speaker 2: Sounded like a squirrel at a tree. Kurtin Michigan, Good morning, Kurt. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey? Shout out to Marvin there for getting those stats.
Speaker 11: I think he subscribed to something and is oft time?
Speaker 8: Anyway?
Speaker 9: You mentioned that Belichick might not get another job, and I had mentioned to you back when he was letting go go for that might be a possibility. I'm just curious what may have changed your mind and why.
Speaker 11: He might not get a job again. I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 2: Well, everything got filled up? And do I want to turn my team over to somebody that I don't know how long he's going to want to coach? Feels like, you know, some of his ways are antiquated, and I think that you have to factor that in. Plus, is he going to get rid of my GM? Is he getting I mean how much of a role is he going to take? I mean it's it's big to turn it over to him. Now. Would I have given him the Falcons job? Yes, I would have because you're the Falcons and you probably need to have things shaken up a little bit there. But you know, Washington, they weren't interested. You know, all these other teams they had vacancies. Here's the greatest coach of all time, but nobody wanted him. There's a reason why. But I don't know if Bill. I guess what changed is when Atlanta said no, because it felt like, oh that made sense and he could go there Arthur Blank, you know, dying to get a super Bowl. Now you bring in the guy that gave you that heartache. Now you re energize the program. Didn't turn out that way obviously, So I don't know. I don't know. Would I turn it over to Bill depends on what kind of team I have, like the Cowboys. Would I have had Bill come in? I probably would because they're missing something and can he give you whatever that missing ingredient is that Mike McCarthy's not giving you. And I don't know what's the downside. It's another year or two that you don't win the Super Bowl. You've done that the last thirty years. Here it's just and you've got a quarterback in a state of flux here with Dak Prescott. Jerry Jones doesn't do well playing poker against Dak Prescott's representatives. Dak has done pretty well, so now you're going to let him play this out. I think that's DAK usually does well here, and maybe they win twelve games again and they balance the playoffs early again. Paul in Orange County, Hi, Paul, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Adpe?
Speaker 12: But thanks you taking my call, your legend, love you, Thank you, Paul. So we were we're talking about is too much NFL? Yeah, well, we're talking about too much NFL right now? Like we got baseball coming up. We got a great NBA last night and we and we're yeah, but.
Speaker 2: There was a big development in the NFL the owner's meetings. They changed the kickoff Paul.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, but how's that going to really?
Speaker 2: Like when baseball changed the pitch clock, we talked about it the entire show. When you couldn't do a shift, we talked about that as well. I mean, I'm not going out of my way to talk about the NFL, but the NFL is making news. I mean, what are we talking about with the NBA. Who's going to make the play in games, the playing tournament? I mean, okay, that's not exciting to me. Uh Demanis Sabonis had another double double for fifty five consecutive games. Like Okay, Lakers came back from nineteen to beat the Bucks and Lebron didn't play. Okay, but you know, Otani has been a big story, and you know the NFL with everything that they talked about yesterday. Now they're talking about reviewing roughing the passer. They're talking about maybe an I in the sky, another set of eyes to help the officials. You have a sky judge. You have the kickoff that was changed. We're gonna have games on Christmas Day. Now it's two games. Now you're gonna have Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Okay, So that's happened the last two days. I talk a lot of NFL. Absolutely, this to me today is warranted. Now there's no tournament games going on. Yes Baseball reopens tomorrow. Okay. The story is going to be the weather tomorrow. Because here it is late March and we're playing baseball. Okay, how does Otani look? You know, how does this affect him his season? Okay? But you know, I try to be fair in what we talk about here. I don't go out of my way and go. Got to talk Lakers and Cowboys every day. Yes, Mark Zion played again last night. Yeah, against Oklahoma City. He's doing he's doing great, nine and ten. We're very happy for him.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's not the craziest call though to say, I mean, we do have the poll question today.
Speaker 2: Can there be too much NFL?
Speaker 6: And there have been lots of people who pointed out that tomorrow's opening day of baseball and the lead topic today is an NFL rule change. Yeah, you know, I mean it does kind of speak to the point of maybe there there can be maybe an overwhelming amount of NFL coverage.
Speaker 2: Well, we're talking about NFL games. That's the glut that you know, Christmas Day two games. Now they're gonna go probably to eighteen games. I don't think it was NFL coverage as much. It was the NFL games that people were talking about. But yeah, is there too much coverage with the NFL? Yeah, but I think it warrants it today. What's the storyline baseball tomorrow?
Speaker 3: If you just say the phrase opening day, that's a vague phrase. There's nothing to talk about. Yeah, we coul discuss which teams are good or bad, but there's one hundred and sixties three games to do that.
Speaker 2: Anybody got a storyline for tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Seaton, Well, I think if the Mariners bullpen is going to hold up early in the season.
Speaker 5: Is tell me something probably where I was going.
Speaker 13: Okay, if the Orioles can do it again like they did last season?
Speaker 11: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ton, you got a storyline Texas Rangers?
Speaker 8: Are they for real?
Speaker 9: Was that a one hit wonder last year?
Speaker 2: Okay? Wow?
Speaker 6: I mean really Unfortunately, there's still the lead topic for baseball is show, Hey, what's going on there? That's by far the biggest thing happening. Yeah, by far, or whatever's going on with the Union and there big upheaval there, but that's not really going to get a lot of.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll take a break. Mike tanneb Let's talk some football mock draft with Mike tannebaumb. He will join us coming up next year Dan Patrick's Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wap Hey Gang.
Speaker 3: This is Jay Glazer of Unbreakable, a mental wealth.
Speaker 14: Podcast, and every week we will have on leaders from sports entertainment like Sean McVay, Lindsay Vaughn, Michael phelf, David Spade, got.
Speaker 4: Fiemi, and also those who can help us in between the ears, anyone from a therapist to someone like Ed Milette for John Gordon.
Speaker 3: We've all been through some sort of adversity to get to the top.
Speaker 8: We've all used different tools.
Speaker 3: Listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glazer and Mental Wealth podcast on.
Speaker 10: The iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Celebrity Bracket Challenge you can follow along if you want to. It's available at Fox Sports Radio dot com powered by NetSuite. Stat of the Day brought to you by a Penaini America, The Official Trading Cards, The Dan Patrick Show. Don't miss the biggest WrestleMania in history, Cody Rhodes and Roman Reigns in the Rock. It's WrestleMania forty on April sixth, then seventh at seven Eastern and that's on uh Peacock, Exclusively on Peacock. They even have a kickoff show for this coming out. All right. Speaking to kickoffs, we have a new kickoff in the NFL and we bring in Mike Tannenbaumb the ESPN NFL front Off is Insider. He also has a mock draft that just came out yesterday. Let me start with a kickoff and as a former executive, how does this change your draft philosophy if anything? This year?
Speaker 14: Great question, Dan. You know what's interesting is I think we saw the answer yesterday. We saw Corel Patterson be reunited with Arthur Smith and Pittsburgh. So I think that's a tip of the iceberg. I think we get into the third and fourth round and I think we're gonna see players that have returnability get the benef of the doubt, because make no mistake about the kickoff is back.
Speaker 2: Is it easier or tougher to return a kick for a touchdown? Now?
Speaker 14: I think this would be harder. Actually, I think we're going to be looking at Dan as really more of like a running play where it's gonna be a much more compressed area and the blocking. You know it's starting at five yards, but that will quickly compress. So you're gonna be looking for guys that have quick change of direction, ability to break and tackle. I think what we'll see is like good kickoff returns. I don't think we're gonna see dynamic game changing plays. You only have up to two returns back there, so but I think it's a material improvement over where we were.
Speaker 2: All Right, run us through your mock draft, so you know.
Speaker 14: The highlights are this. You know I have Caleb Williams, I want to Chicago. I have Drake May slightly over Jaden Daniels two and three. The interesting thing that drove a lot of engagement yesterday is, and to me to be candid Dan, this is an easy decision. I'm taking JJ McCarthy for the Arizona Cardinals, twenty one years old, twenty seven to one as a starter six two two nineteen. He's thrown for almost fifty touchdown run for another thousand. He has incredible leadership. I've probably been to a dozen of their practices over the last few years, countless games. He has it all and more importantly, if you and I were running a team and I told you we could have a twenty one year old JJ McCarthy compared to a twenty seven year old Kyle Murray, one guy is going to be making twenty seven million dollars more than the other. And last year Kyler Murray missed nine games hasn't played in a full season since twenty twenty, So basically, McCarthy's younger, twenty seven million dollars per year, cheaper dan, and more adorable. Why wouldn't we do that?
Speaker 2: Why would Minnesota want to take Kyler Murray?
Speaker 14: Because he's better than Sam Darnold. And when you look at Kyler Murray, he's nine years younger than Kirk Cousins. And the contract they would be inheriting, including the guaranteed money for two years, it's roughly seventy so they're paying him thirty five a year. Kirk Cousins is getting forty five. So now if I'm the GM of the Vikings, I could look at the will family and say, hey, we just got nine years younger than Kirk Cousins and ten million dollars a year cheaper.
Speaker 2: Give me the quarterback that makes you know us in this draft?
Speaker 14: Well, Pennix for one reason. You know he's really talented, but you know, missed multiple year season any injuries, a couple of acls, a shoulder injury, but in fairness, he's played without any injuries the last couple of years at Washington. The other one is Jaden Daniels. You know, I see herm Edwards all the time at your old place ESPN. And Jaden Daniels was one hundred and eighty pound freshman at Arizona State, and you know, Dan, the rigors of seventeen game season. That would concern me.
Speaker 2: How tough is it for somebody to put on weight once they get to the NFL at that position.
Speaker 14: Well, I was to say at the front office, it was.
Speaker 11: Really easy to me.
Speaker 14: I probably led the league and.
Speaker 8: Get weight gain.
Speaker 14: In fact, here's a great story when Bill Belichicks, the defensive cooriator of the Jets, and at Scott Pioli, Manginie Todd Haley, Charlie Weiss, and we're in his office and he's like, hey, we all need to lose weight. I'm in debt at the time. I'm paying off my law school loan. So I'm like, coach, these thirty pounds fifty dollars a week. He's like, that's not enough. And I turned to Mangin and I'm like, I'll kind of freaking appendage on. I can't afford for more than fifty dollars. And this whole legend of us being in the sauna. So besides, you know, carb loving, you know, compulsive eating front office people. You can actually add good weight at the quarterback position in the NFL. You know, you look at a guy like Jalen Hurts like he's an NFL body. You know, it's the old coach of ourselves. Look from the waist down, look at their ass, look at their hips, look at their quads. That's how you have sustainability. You know, Justin Herbert has it. Certainly again, Jalen Hurts has it. But you could ask Cincinnati, you could ask Minnesota, you could ask a whole bunch of teams what it's like not to have your quarterback. And I'll tell you what. Like I think Jaden Daniels is dynamic. He played great last year. But Dan, his build does worry me.
Speaker 2: Let me go back to Belichick. Since you know him, how do you think he would do as a color analyst during a game or say in a studio, you know, pre and postgame analyst?
Speaker 14: Shockingly good because it's amazing what he sees that we don't. And he has a tremendous sense of humor. I'm just telling you, Like you know, he always defined the job Dan as like coaching his team, and he felt like his approach to the media was like, they're not gonna if we win on a stay. If we lose, I'm not gonna be here. So the media is irrelevant, and he just never thought it was worth the time for him to show his personality. I think he would be outstanding given his insight, and I'm telling you what, he's a lot funnier than you realize.
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting that it depends on your job title how funny you are. If you're a comedian and you say something, people automatically laugh. If you're the greatest football coach of all time and you say something and everybody laughs. Because people might not laugh at Bill Belichick now because he doesn't have a job, but when he's a coach of the Patriots and you're winning Super Bowls, it's like everything he says is, oh my god, it's a side splitting. And the number of people who told me, man, he's got a great sense of humor, all right, I've never seen it, never heard it. But you're saying he would be able to unleash that if he was going to be in TV.
Speaker 14: Yeah, i'd say it a different way. You can't coach at the level he's coached at for forty eight years, not to be relatable to a whole disparate group of people, from owners, to undirect the free agents to you know, equipment people to start. You know, this guy's coached everybody under the sun. And I'm not just saying that's a sense of humor, but relatability to be able to get your message across for almost fifty years, Dan, you really need to have people skills that again, most people have never seen.
Speaker 2: Mike Tannenbaum is Mac Droham debatable at ESPN dot com NFL Front office insider, all right, I have this scenario. Now, have a friend who's his scout, and he said he thinks Harball is going offensive line because Jim wants to once again build his team the way it's Michigan team, his Stanford team, his forty nine er team. And I'm thinking, you got the number five pick. You got all of this justin Herbert lost all of his receivers. Now you can go out and get Marvin Harrison if you want him. You can have any receiver. Rock Bowers and my source said he sees him taking alt from Notre Dame. What do you think?
Speaker 14: One thousand percent agree That's exactly who I have them taking. And here's why. The most important sign so far this offseason is Saquon Barkley, but not for the reasons people think. Jalen Hurts ran the ball four hundred and ninety one times Dan over the last few years, most of any quarterback. He was hurt last year. Saquon Barkley is going to make Jalen Hurts healthy. Jim Harbaugh is going to make Justin Herbert healthy. They're going to run the ball. Justin Herbert's going to be healthy at the end of the season. They're going to be balanced. And Jim has the mindset that I with Rex, Like there were points in the game where Rex is like, hey, Brian Schoenheimer, I'm telling the other team we're going to run the ball, and we're still they're not going to stop us. So this first pick to be is way more about is it a receiver is an offense line? This is who we stand for. We're the new Chargers. We're the toughest team in the NFL and it starts up front. And ironically, I have Joe all going there for the same reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you rather have an all Pro tackle and all pro wide receiver.
Speaker 14: Oh the tackle. You know, receivers are just easier to find. It's just supplying demand the way seven on seven is played at the youth sports level. Now, receivers are coming out, and that's why they're going to get, you know, pushed down, and they're gonna lose the benefit of doubt. And we're going to see you know, quarterbacks and offensive linemen and you know, some of these defensive players go probably a little bit sooner than they should.
Speaker 2: Why haven't the Bears announced that they're taking Caleb Williams.
Speaker 8: That's a good question.
Speaker 14: I would I would have not left LA without saying, hey, here's the playbook, be ready to go, here's the first mini camp, and then you know, here's a place to live. You know, you got three different places, and let's go. I don't know what they're waiting for. They're clearly going to take him, and I don't know what the downside is to like, let's go, let's let's get this train on it.
Speaker 2: I wonder, though, would the NFL suggest encourage the Bears to not spoil the draft, like we still have a big runway here until that night. Let's leave open the possibility you know, because this has been talk show fodder of are the Bears going to take Caleb Williams? And the longer they wait to not announce they're taking him, the more this ramps up again. So maybe the NFL says that do have they done that before?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I think there has been like embargoes on when you know, different people get information when they can announce it. There's obviously massive value that the league sits on. I don't know if that really applies to this situation. And even if you don't announce it publicly, you know, my expectations for him is like from day one as one mini camp one like your QB one, and we expect you to have a mastery level understand the offense, So start studying it right now.
Speaker 2: Good stuff. Did you hear from the Cardinals or Vikings after your mock draft?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I heard from a number of friends of the league, and you know, some agreed and shocking again not everybody, so you know, more work to be done.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you. Thank you, Mike, all right, thanks for having me. That's Mike T Mike Tannenbaum, ESPN, NFL front office insider. As mock draft came out, and some people probably mocked it. But you know, if you're the Cardinals, I mean, if I could get JJ McCarthy and put him on a rookie deal, absolutely and move on from Kyler Murray. Absolutely, But if I'm the Vikings. If I'm the Vikings, I want JJ McCarthy, I don't want Kyler Murray. And you have a couple of first round picks? Can you go up and get him? But then you might be trading with the Cardinals to get that opportunity, And I don't know what the Paigeates are going to do. Now it's Drake May your quarterback, Jayden Daniels or do you need help? Do you trade down? Do you get a couple of first round picks? And what I'm hearing is two first round picks this year and a first round pick next year, and then Minnesota might be able to move up to three, so you get three first round picks for that third pick overall, but you're not even guaranteed Drake May he might go two. Do you want Jayden Daniels? Do you want JJ McCarthy. And it feels like if the Patriots are taken a quarterback, they seem to be split on JJ McCarthy and Drake May once again speculation, rumor, innuendo, smoke screens. We've got a lot of time before the draft, but it feels like the Bears are taking Caleb Williams. Then it gets interesting. All right, Well take a break. We'll get to do phone calls coming up after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the That's sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: TMZ is reporting Caitlin Clark has been offered five million dollars from ice Cube's Big Three league. Ice Cube said we intended the offer to stay private while Caitlin Clark plays for the championship, but I won't deny that that's now already out there. Big Three made a historic offer to Kitlin Clark. Why wouldn't Why wouldn't we? Caitlin is a generational athlete who can achieve tremendous success in the Big Three? Okay? Can she still play in the WNBA to the seasons of the Big Three? In WNBA conflict Pauli.
Speaker 3: The WNBA season begins preseason games May third. She gets almost no break Clark and all the draftees. The WNBA draft is April fifteenth, training camp for April twenty eighth. The playoffs for the WNBA begin on September twenty second and end October twentieth, so they pretty much are going from the first week of May, possibly till mid September early October. The Big Three schedule for this year has not been released, but last year their season was from Sunday, June twenty fifth, basically five weeks until the end of August, so it would conflict a lot.
Speaker 2: Now, five million dollars for one year, it says blockbuster deal, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Five million dollars would be checking. This would be for about ten total games of work, including the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Okay, a five million dollar offer, I don't know if that could if she would consider it, I mean, I would have a reason to watch the Big Three because as it is, I mean, I'm still amazed that people watch that because they have players playing that I didn't want to watch when they were in the NBA. Why would I want to watch them in the Big Three. But Ice has been a great marketer, and if you could get Caitlin Clark and she'd be interested in that and still play in the WNBA. They're at least making news now because we're talking about the Big Three, and that's probably what their goal was. Hey, let's just make an offer you worst worst that she could do is say no. But we still get people. Oh, the Big three old wins it start now? Is Jason Richardson still playing or Rashad McCants or some of those guys Marvin looking, Yeah, who's the big name in the Big Three?
Speaker 13: When it started, it was guys like Alan Irison in a white chocolate Jason Williams yeah, and like Kenyon Martin. So guys that really were a big deal in the NBA. But now I think it's just guys that they're trying to just get one more shot to play competitive basket.
Speaker 2: It feels like Jordan Poole is really close to being in the Big Three.
Speaker 1: That is damn.
Speaker 11: That is me.
Speaker 2: That is mean, that is me. Yes, paul I.
Speaker 3: Got a team here last year in the Big Three, the three headed monsters. Among the luminaries, Rishard Lewis long NBA career, Reggie Evans power forward, he played a long time. A lot of the coaches are like Charles Oakley and Ice Gervin.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd rather see the coaches play than I would the players play. But hey, if you get Caitlin Clark, Okay, that sounds great.
Speaker 5: They have a team called the Ballhogs.
Speaker 2: Dam Yeah, that'd be a team I would like un captain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Rick Berry is the coach, is he?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't know that. Getting a little more awesomer, isn't it.
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mentioned Jim Harbaugh is going to build this Charger team like he did as other teams that he's coached, and that means the offensive line. He had this to say at the NFL Owners Meeting.
Speaker 4: The offensive line to me, is is is important?
Speaker 8: I mean, if I asked you the question of, like, what position.
Speaker 4: Group depends on no other position group to be good? But every other position group depends on them to be good? You know what position group is that offensive line? They're ever lying on any other position group to be good. They go out there, but yet every other position group relies on the offensive line to be good. And then the D line they'll like, they'll be the ones that argue back. Yeah, we don't, you know, we don't need the offensive line to be good.
Speaker 8: Two year do you like, do you like when when the.
Speaker 4: Offense has a twelve play drive and you know that the field position.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, okay, you're right.
Speaker 4: You know it's like so, yeah, that's building that, you know, building that uh you know, kind of offensive line.
Speaker 8: That's exciting.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 8: I can't wait to can't wait to do that. April. Second, let's get a start, let's go, you know, so if you feel great at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's been living in an r V since he left Michigan.
Speaker 8: That really think.
Speaker 2: I think. I don't know. I don't know if he's Joe Madden, but but he's been in an RV. Yeah. See, the modern RV is kind of awesome.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: It's not roughing it.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's like they cost a gajillion dollars and it's like, yeah, look I got these funny lights hung up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's like a tour bus, a Madden cruiser. But yeah, I can see him now. I don't know if he is building up JJ McCarthy, so somebody will go up. Therefore, four quarterbacks are drafted. Now Jim Harbaugh can take whoever he wants to at five. I guess if he wants to trade down, but you're he's promoting JJ McCarthy. What if you did this, which might sound outlandish, What if you said to uh Harball, Hey, we'll trade you the fourth pick overall. Or let's say you're the commanders and the commanders go, Jim, you really love JJ McCarthy, Yes, I do. How about we trade you the second pick of the draft. You can take JJ, but we would like to have Justin Herbert. Just love him. But that would be fun if you said to him. If a reporter gets that chance and says, hey, Jim, what if the commanders give you the second pick overall and they'd like Justin Herbert. You get JJ on his rookie deal and you can build that team the way you did at Michigan. We'll take Justin Herbert that big contract to his and then we can give you some draft picks down the road. What do you think, Jim? I'd love for somebody to ask him, just to hear what he would say. Jimmy in Arizona, Hi, Jimmy, what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Morning?
Speaker 11: Fellas? I enjoyed that interview you did with Kevin Miles the actor last week, and I gave me an idea like you know, it was interesting, like, what do these people do, these national spokesman? I think you have the answer. You and Adam should get together, great idea. Adam falls asleep in.
Speaker 8: Front of the TV.
Speaker 11: And he's dreaming that everybody he meets is a national spokesman. You give a chance for every one of these actors to be them in the movie, and then I got a great buck for you. Then it's in the middle of the movies. You're the first person he recognizes, and when you go up to him, do you start to morph into every one of your seventeen great characters? And it totally blows his mind to get the reprieval TV.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jimmy. I'll get in touch with Sandler's people.
Speaker 5: Might just throw that gold out there on National Roe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know somebody's gonna grab that. Today's Mercedes Benz Interview of the Day brought to you by Mercedes Benz ev. The Vehicle's all Electric, the feeling, all Mercedes Choice, all yours. Learn more at MBUSA dot com slash eq. I haven't heard anything more about Happy Gilmore too, if it's even called Happy Gilmore two. But Sandler and I have been exchanging text messages because I need to find out if I have to take a significant amount of time off to do this movie, so trying to trying to figure out, and Sandler usually sends me a script, so I haven't heard anything about that. But when I do with his permission, then I'll tell you where we stand with Happy Gilmore too. Heyes, be more likely.
Speaker 5: To be a happier Gilmore, a happy gill More.
Speaker 8: If it wasn't just the number two.
Speaker 2: And that's how we wand the hour that way. I'm about around Applause done, Happy gill More, happier Gilmore, Final Hour on the Way