Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend long week trend trending edition.
Speaker 2: Of Durdey's Yeah It's Correct by Radio.
Speaker 1: And it's a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share consciousness. And I am jacking that over there. Well that's Miles Yep, Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Man, I'm I'm in. I'm in the three oh five.
Speaker 2: I'm mister mister Miami three oh five worldwide wide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out here visiting her Majesty's.
Speaker 2: Some of her family like her, Some of her family hails from this part of Florida.
Speaker 3: And it's great.
Speaker 2: Man caught the caught the fucking Miami Boat Show in that the fucking traffic was so fucked up. I thought people were fleeing like this area for their lives. It was like apocalyptic bumper to bumper traffic at times.
Speaker 3: But yeah, other than that, did you catch it on purpose or you were just like study traffic?
Speaker 2: This is just a time when like her family was going to be able to get together because a lot of people had babies, so it was a time to like bring all the babies together.
Speaker 3: And it just happened to be the fucking weekend of the boat show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of boats, a lot of boats around, a lot of boat people.
Speaker 1: I once got caught in the US open up surfing by accident, like in what one of those beach towns down like Orange County area, and huh it was uh is the word? Like I was delayed like four hours. It was. It was a nightmare. Yeah, we just like gave up at a certain point and like went in a parking lot and took a nap.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, that's real bad. Now.
Speaker 2: I wasn't that bad, but it was definitely like like when we got in, like what the fuck's going on in town right now? And then every signs like boat show traffic's boat show thing this way? And then it rained all I think I brought the California rain with me. Anyway, It's fine, it's great Florida boat shows.
Speaker 1: Though, I'm assuming like a lot of just like kind of thoughtful messaging and design, some.
Speaker 2: Really cool trucks, you know, with some really really forward thinking progressive ideals blazoned on the front. Yeah, I've seen some fucking people have some really interesting placards, like like there's some I don't know, man, there's just it's like any city interesting placards. Okay, someone had a thing in there over like in their rear view window that looked like a handicap placard. It's like blue, and then if you look at it, it says I'm not handicapped, just slightly our word, and you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: I was like, I was like, what the fuck is this? I'm like, this is a real attack, Like no, but what the fuck is this? And what is this person saying about themselves?
Speaker 2: So I don't know anyway, It's just there's a ton of there's there's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: Man, there's a lot going on. Florida, Florida baby.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, this is the show where we catch up with the things that have been trending over the past few days. It's a long weekend. This one feels especially long ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they were mere home. It's ago.
Speaker 1: I know, it's it's been a Some weekends is a decade, I think is the is the brilliant saying I think it was a check off or someone like that said some weekends is a decade.
Speaker 3: Some weeks. So before we.
Speaker 1: Get to that stuff, we do like to check in with each other by telling you stuff that we think.
Speaker 3: Is underrated, overrated?
Speaker 1: You want me to start off, you want to, you want me to kick us off with an underrated.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want, dealer's choice, dealer's choice.
Speaker 1: So my first underrated on a personal note, is my five year old's ability to just fucking roast me. I've talked about this before, but I came back, came home after a haircut yesterday and he just pointed at my head and said, what happened? And then wow, I said, I got a haircut, and he said, looks weird and then went back to buildings legos.
Speaker 3: So just casually, Uh no, is that what you buzzed your head? Yeah? Yeah, so I shaved my head off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just went all the way down like you happy now, Oh my god, it looks weird.
Speaker 3: Back to my regularly scheduled programming. Yes, it's weird, man.
Speaker 1: I also put just on a broader scale. I saw this clip. Do you see the clip of the referee doing a jump ball in an NBA or in a not NBA in a basketball game and he just like kind of throws it to one of the teams. Like It's like, what would happen if I had like quantum leaped into a referee's body and then you like spun me around ten times and then just like sent me out there and was like jump off, you go go do this thing now.
Speaker 3: Yo, that is what is this game fixed? It really feels like it.
Speaker 1: You would be suspicious it was fixed if it weren't so blatant. But he just kind of like throws it to one team. Everybody's like kind of standing there, like confused as to what happened.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 2: Also, I've never seen a ref positioned like so far away from the two players on a jump ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's like he had never even seen a jump ball before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was like they pulled him in off the street. It reminded me of the Enrico Palazzo scene in Naked Gun where Leslie Nielsen like takes over as the ref of a major league baseball game because he's like undercover and knows that one of the players is going to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this I also it's very entertaining.
Speaker 2: First of all, honestly, what we have to put this in the footnotes because just I can't look. It's so it's confounding, like even the players are fucking confused. They stop the guy who stops like, yeah, play on, and he's like, oh shit, they starts.
Speaker 3: Taking the court. Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I there's I've talked before about how medieval carnivals, like they would have these weeks where people would switch jobs, like the chiefs would switch with the custodian, and the custodian would be the chief. And I think we should go back to people getting to just randomly or having to do the job of other people, just so that we appreciate those jobs more. Yeah, you know, like seeing somebody do the job of throwing a jump ball.
Speaker 3: This badly made me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh shit, they must be working on their jump balls, like one hundred jump balls a day as a round, because this makes you realize how unnatural it is to be able to like throw throw it up in between two people like it.
Speaker 2: In a way that doesn't favor one over the other. Whereas this goes, it's like, hey, I'm passionate to you here, goo bud.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they like Undercover Boss. I guess is entertain I've never watched it, but the premise is certainly entertaining. You never stacked towards the bosses, but like, if we got the opposite, where like if like a rich person got caught bitching about Starbucks employees on social media, they had to start in a reality TV episode or at least like an act of reality TV where they had to do like a Starbucks rush hour.
Speaker 3: No, that should be so entertaining.
Speaker 2: You should do for you do you do a work week, you know, and and and get your licks in.
Speaker 1: For sure, make people deliver their own Amazon package, you know.
Speaker 3: See what that process is?
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, I think, yeah, I like the idea of, yeah, the people always need to do this. I forget what Guests was saying, like we need to make like uh like food service work mandatory for every American to just like set a baseline of decency for how we interact with.
Speaker 1: People instead of mandatory military service mandatory like McDonald's, which is sad because what we're saying is mandatory, get your shit together, you fucking adult, Like it's that's That's what where we have to lean in on is people to appreciate the work that others do. But yeah, Undercover Boss though, man, when that shit first came out, though, there was this thing like I'm sure I brought this up on the show before, but like in the early two thousands, like post nine to eleven, Like having a connection to someone in nine to eleven was like reality show gold where it's like, oh, after this person, yeah, they're like, yeah, my partner was in nine to eleven and Bob they're like, oh my god, or like, you know, there's an undercover boss. I remember there's a time when I was just like binge watching it on Netflix, and like every like there's a there's a while like oh my god, another fucking nine to eleven thing, And every now and then you'd get a boss who would actually kind of put together how hard it was to work at their company and then be like, yeah, you know what, we're actually making major changes right here, I realized, And then others were like these people fucking suck.
Speaker 3: So I fired them right away. Fuck them. Yeah. I noticed that they don't do.
Speaker 1: It the other way, where the you know, shift worker gets to do the job of the CEO and see how glorious it is, get to fly in a private jet and just have all of the minutia of day to day life taken care of for them. I feel like that would cause riots, and so they just focus on the CEO and I'm sure, there's never like an episode where the CEO is like completely unable to do the job. I'm sure they're always like telling a good story, but like if we could get the the honest truth of like how hard that work is compared to answering emails from a private No.
Speaker 2: There's ones where there you have these fucking office creatures cannot get busy with the blue collar work at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh and it's like yeah, and like to the point where the like the people who are the like the actual worker in this situation are like looking at them. They're like, I don't know, honestly, this guy has no fucking chance, Like I don't know if I can even work with them anymore. It's like, hey, buddy, i'd fire you if this were a real work day and not a camera thing. And then when it's revealed later like I'm so sorry, man, I said that to you, and the guy was like no, no, no, I I needed to hear that. I mean, like that just shows you how much work you guys put into this stuff and.
Speaker 3: How and you're fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but guess what asshold you've been fired?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Uh, what's something you think Miles Gray is underrated.
Speaker 2: Ah man, Just I just think the ability of like I we were fucked with like some AI imagery.
Speaker 3: Man, they're the.
Speaker 2: Popularity of AI images on Grandma and Grandpa's Facebook.
Speaker 3: It's startling right now.
Speaker 2: Like I've seen a few accounts on face Book that are posting AI images. Yeah, like at first glance, seem like real photos but are actually AI generated. I've gotten like really into looking at mid journey and shit, just seeing how detailed you can be with like generating some of these images. So when I saw them, like you can kind of look and you're like, a tree doesn't really look like that, a bush like no one would cut their headges like that, And you can kind of see these other details when it's not necessarily a human that you can begin to see sort of like these abnormalities. But there are these accounts that post made up fancy houses or beach locations with interesting features or architecture, and all the commenters, most are older, are saying stuff like wow, so beautiful, must visit this place one day.
Speaker 3: Wow, stunning home.
Speaker 2: And there's just like a momentum to not questioning the images that we see already that we have like culturally, but like it's clear that the bar is even lower when it comes to like sort of innocuous shit like houses or landscapes. Now it's like, oh my god, so beautiful, and like I'm like, where the fuck is that? And then like you'll see on Reddit people being like, oh my god, like look at this, this like fucking AI thing is just blowing up because someone thinks it's like this beautiful home in the Alps. Yeah, and I just I just realized too, like we just like to see nice shit. So the AI stuff is really good at making things like that, and like this brutalist home library is fantastic, right, and like look at that fucking chair like in the corner that's not even that doesn't even function as a fucking chair, but whatever, it's It just kind of shows where we're very open to a lot of these images and it's not always easy to figure out what the fuck is real or not anymore.
Speaker 3: We're yeah, we're it's a weird time for AI for sure. Well we'll get into that a little bit later, but like.
Speaker 1: The video engines are are weird, but yeah, and then just on the image front, like I don't know, we'll talk about the New York post got like so horny for this ai rendering of Jack the Ripper. They were like, Oh, I want to he's so much.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 2: Rip me up, please, guy, mister rip up this ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 1: My overrated is taking financial advice from The Cut. I don't know if you saw. I mean that was where I got all my financial advice on this point was New York Magazine's The Cut. But they were super late on this. But it again, it's like this weekend, a lot of shit happened like this happened late Thursday, I think.
Speaker 3: Uh and so, the.
Speaker 1: Personal finance columnist at The Cut wrote about how she got scammed by someone claiming to be a caller from Amazon. First flag, Amazon could have like accidentally like picked up your child instead of a package that you left out, and like you wouldn't be able to get them on the phone, you know, like they they don't have that, they don't have the phone. Yeah they don't. Yeah, Amazon don't have phone.
Speaker 2: The most you can do is like scream at like a Cohle's or a Whole Foods that act as like a drop off point for Amazon.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 1: Right then you know, the Amazon transferred her over to the FTC, who, by the way, don't like deal with fraud or any of this shit, who offered their badge number. Just I want everybody at home to Google FTC badge number because this was apparently, like what even before this article hit, the first result for FTC badge number is FTC commissioners aren't calling you really, Like this is just written at the top of Google, Like it's not even an article. It's just they've like pulled this as like a public service. Whether the color promises you a prize or threatens you with arrest, and even if they give a fake badge number, that's a scammer.
Speaker 3: Is Yeah, all they needed.
Speaker 1: To do was type FTC badge number into Google and Google would have helpfully been identified this as a scammer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're so bad at civics that we don't even know like you're like at the FTC, Yeah, the Federal Trade Commission. Unless you're like, uh fucking you're running some monopolistic business, you're not going to intersect with the FTC. Everyb like, here's my badge number FDC commercial. But oh okay, Miles.
Speaker 1: They got more serious from there, because then they transferred her over to a CIA agent who confirmed the information that the FTC badge holder was giving them a different voice and everything, and somehow it went from there to they convinced her that she was running out of time before for her assets were frozen for the length of the investigation because they were like, your identity has been stolen, and like people are committing crimes with your identity. We are like the NYPDS on their way to arrest you. We're going to freeze your assets. You need to withdraw fifty thousand dollars from your bank and give it, put it in a shoe box and give it to the CIA, to my CIA colleague.
Speaker 2: And she did all that shit. She put fifty racks in a shoe box and gave it to someone.
Speaker 3: And gave it to someone.
Speaker 1: They were like, a white escalade is going to pull up, you're going to put it in the window. You're going to say thank you, turn around and walk back into your building.
Speaker 3: And she did that shit.
Speaker 1: And it's one of those things where you hear the description of the article and you're like, oh, that's so dumb, like that, yeah, but that you're expecting, like it's written in a first person narrative.
Speaker 3: You're going to.
Speaker 1: Read it, read the details and get like some explanation or get like kind of pulled into the stream of events in a way that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Right you read it, and like there.
Speaker 1: Are just these details that are like even worse like that this person just has all this like privilege and also like a Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies level of desperation like this to be true. Yeah, exactly, Yeah, just like wanting to be in a spy movie. I think there's just, you know, a part of her that wants all these spy movie tropes to be true.
Speaker 3: And I, yeah, I don't know, it's it's it's scary man wild, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And truly that person should not have fucking said anything out loud about this. Take that fucking l in silence, especially if you're coming off with somebody who's like, hey, listen to me for financial advice. I just pissed away fifty K in a shoe box because someone told me they were with the FTC won't let me be and they passed me to the CIA.
Speaker 3: What uh CIA? Again?
Speaker 2: Why does the Central Intelligence a.
Speaker 3: Badge number four four through two eight dash two? Can I help you? Yes?
Speaker 2: The White Escalade will be yes, and it is gonna be blasting a fucking young thug out of it, just so you know.
Speaker 3: Uh, but that is official CIA scammer music.
Speaker 1: There's a yeah, there's a part where like the person is like, I forget. I think it's like they're they're talking about.
Speaker 3: Her getting arrested.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm thinking about googling whether this is even possible. And then he's like and this call is being recorded, and instead of like googling or like calling nine one one or whatever or just like hanging up. Uh, she is like, Oh, I know what I'll do. I'll record back. I'll record the call back. So I'm recording it. It's like, what the fuck is that going to do?
Speaker 2: That's like when when like like racist Karen's get caught in the wild and they're being videotaped videotaped and they're like, why now I'm getting my exact It's like.
Speaker 3: For what for what?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, y'all.
Speaker 2: This is I mean shout out to the scammers, because they really they did an inception style how many levels of the dream FDC layer C I A layer and now you are fifty psychological profile. I feel like that they had built out of this person. But she's also like, she thinks it's really a fascinating reading.
Speaker 3: People should go read it. We'll link off to it in the footnotes.
Speaker 1: But she is like, I'm not the type of person who falls for this. I vote, I flaws. I'm one, so I vote and flaws. Yeah, oh, lady, is this a man?
Speaker 3: This is a This is a woman. Do you know her name? Yeah? I mean and the.
Speaker 1: Fact that she's a freelance writer who at eighty K in the bank too, you know, yeah, ther shoe box.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, she's good with her money. At least She's like, you can be like me and be liquid fifty k that you can just be like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Some people are saying that like her family is like related to the Roosevelts.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't able to like find confirmation on that, but it would check out. You know that this is like generational wealth.
Speaker 2: Just I also just like the idea that they're like, people are using your image to or your identity to scam people, And we know that people are using your image to scam people, but we are going to hold you responsible for that scamming, even though we know unequivocally you are not the person doing Like what the fuck the logic does?
Speaker 3: Oh boy?
Speaker 1: I mean when it gets to cash in a shoe box and a white escalad pulling up outside, I feel like there.
Speaker 3: Should be some sea.
Speaker 2: I watched too many scammer YouTube channels to fall for shit because but I don't watch any and I still feel like, yeah, yeah, you know, there's like there's a whole dude, there's a whole subgenre of YouTube videos where people are just fucking with scammers back with like voice changers and stuff, and it's great. Shoden Freud is some people are like terribly xenophobic, and it shows with the way they talk about the people they're like speaking with. Ye, but yeah, they people people love to work this kind of thing. Hi, I'm calling with this company you have an account with. I need to get you to our security team so then they can get some information from.
Speaker 3: You, right and boom boom boom. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, over eight, I'm no longer taking financial advice from The Cut exclusively. I'm going to also start taking financial advice from BuzzFeed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also I'm and Jim Kramer from Mad Money, so well, never turned your back on the Kramer Mine Overrated is just the Senate is turning into D one football bullshit.
Speaker 3: It's fucking hilarious.
Speaker 2: So, like, I was just reading this story about how the only shot the Democrats have at flipping Senator Tommy Tuberville's Senate c in Alabama is to have Nick Saban run against him, and they're like against a generic Democrat, Tuberville's winning against you know, Doug Jones. Tuberville's winning against all these other people they think, like, who are serious politicians?
Speaker 3: Like Tuberville's winning.
Speaker 2: He's like the one person who actually has an edge on Tuberville is Nick Saban from that University of Alabama, and I get it, like he's the god MC down there, but like it's just it. It blows my mind of the the logic that like the consultant class and party operatives are using to just be like, man, it's this is like fucking popularity Pokemon. We got to play where it's like, well, if the only character to beat this character is Nick Saban's, like what what about policy? Like where does he stand on issues? Has he even said he's interested? Because he hasn't, But yeah, it is it's wild to see just sort of like see us serious people, being like, that's what we gotta do, not maybe have a platform that would be so appealing to voters that you could put anyone who just seems like an upstanding person. And I get states are different from place to place, but like it's all a way to just not really change much of what a party is offering or whatever and be like, dude, you know how we can get away with doing the same shit. We get Nick Saban to run against Tommy Tuberville And that's just just disheartening that way of thinking.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, this is I guess this is where we're headed. Hopefully roll tide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully New York from Flavor of Love will be running for office too.
Speaker 3: Someone that we can actually trust.
Speaker 2: Tiffany Pollard, come on, madam senator. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 1: And So a handful of AI stories. One that was like kind of good news in the world of AI. So an Air Canada customer service chatbot was just just like made up a policy that the company wasn't aware of and told somebody like that they could get their money back on something and a judge has ruled that Yeah, that's no, that's that's on you, guys. You have to honor the refund policy invented by your chatbot.
Speaker 3: So that do you know, do you.
Speaker 2: Know what the policy was or just it was some kind of just refund thing where it's like, yeah, you get you have a.
Speaker 1: Partial refund to a grieving passenger who is misled by an airline chatbot inaccurately explaining the airlines bereavement travel policy.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like how Air Canada is, Like, dude, it's not even like a person that like we even know, right, you can't like they say, quote that chatbot is a separate legal entity that is responsible for its own actions.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if they're trying to get to that company that programmed the chatbot to like pay for it, but or if they were, like, I don't know, that's on him.
Speaker 3: You got to talk to him, the chatbot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a whole other legal entity and that's that's their own actions. You know that that that fucking thing, this AI shit that we implemented went fucking rogue.
Speaker 3: Holy shit. I love that.
Speaker 1: And then uh in kind of weirder AI news. The New York Post got super horny for this AI Jack the Ripper image that was, I don't know, it's just a real sign of where we are at this moment with AI, where people are just like so the New York Post covered it as Jack the Ripper's face is finally revealed thanks to the magic of AI.
Speaker 3: And the so the.
Speaker 1: Image shows like a highly stylized Christian bale, Like it's just Christian ye, a little bit of like Josh Hartnett, Yes, but like bail with like maybe a few prosthetics but like the yeah, and and then the other one. The profile for some reason looks like Adam Driver a little bit. But yeah, they just like used mid journey to make a hot guy.
Speaker 3: And uh.
Speaker 1: They claimed that it was based on like the digital or the genetic like DNA of a suspects relatives, right they so they took Cosminsky, the butcher's sister, uncle and brother in law and like fed it into a system. This is junk science that the police have been trying to use, Like the DNA used to generate a facial profile, an image of what the killer may look like. And it's like this generic image. But this time they they definitely had their scales tipped towards hot, like on the hot hell, because this guy's fucking cheekbones are off the charts. Yeah, he's got a chiseled fucking also, question your honor. You fed images of his relatives, including his brother in law. Don't worry about who what does that have to do with any funny. It's just some motherfucker that married in your family.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe they needed that because that was the hot guy from the pictures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like just fucking yeah, Oh what's what's the sister look like?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: Man, and not that great the uncle? Oh boy, who's that guy? That's the brother in law? All right, all right, add that add that to the fucking to the prompt. But the way they wrote about it was wild. They were like, move over, Ted Bundy, there's a new old cereal hottie in town.
Speaker 2: Like that's not a joke, Like that's actually how they wrote about Yeah, that's not hyperbolic.
Speaker 3: That is verbatim. What is written in this thing.
Speaker 1: The dangerously dreamy drawings of the dashing gentleman with a darkly alluring, wild eyed energy.
Speaker 2: Like uh huh, what are we doing I get it, Like sometimes you just are horny, but that's like we're so horny to get murdered by hot people. Like that's what's weird, you know what I mean. It's like I don't need to extend anything or like oh well, I mean they were cute, you know what I mean. Like it's like when you first see like young hot Stalin, You're like, oh, okay, young hot Stalin. I see like wait, wait, wait man man, like you you fucking a lot of people fucking just.
Speaker 3: Hear me, daddy, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: And now we're like, oh yeah, like nearly decapitate me, honey with if you're coming with wild hair like that, oh wee put it in the air.
Speaker 1: And then the other big a thing from the weekend was those videos from the Open a Eyes Like so, I forget the name that they gave the program, but Sora, yeah, they seem like a bad dream kind of like all all the videos, the ones of the animals, like I don't I don't really understand how they're doing it. So it's like kind of an impressive magic trick. But it's also like the eyes of the people are so like did you did you.
Speaker 3: Look at any of these videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did it because I saw a few comparisons where people were talking about how they were also very similar to like stock photo like stock video website that it's going from.
Speaker 3: So like it people are like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's kind of impressive, but it's clearly like also just like mashing together ship from this like stock video thing. But I mean it's a lot better than remember like the early ones when it was like Will Smith eating spaghetti.
Speaker 3: Right, and I just thought it was like that one, but oh dude, that shit was.
Speaker 2: And it's funny too because Will Smith kind of he trolled them over the weekend and he actually just recorded a video of him eating spaghetti all in the wild and just to be like damn, look how far the AI came. It's like not motherfucker, Will Smith is just leaning into that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like there's no one weirdest part of these videos, Like they're just like there's one video where a couple is like just lounging on the beach, oh and a great white shark like in the shallows, like kind of splashing, but it like almost looks like a kid is just like playing in the waves, like that's how the shark's energy is just there with his mouth open, just like kind of playing in the waves and like right in front of his parents. But then like the wife or the woman looks back at the camera and she just has her her mouth like wide open and her eyes like I don't know, there's just this like weird horror movie nightmarish energy, like a dementor has sucked the soul out of her face.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, but it's also the physics of like the what we're not physics, but like the body mechanics of it too. That woman's head nearly twists fully around on that like one and eighty degrees, Like there's no shoulder movement, it's just like the head fucking rotates back towards the camera Like yeah, yeah, it's uh, not too impressed by that. Mid Journey looks a lot.
Speaker 3: Better, though.
Speaker 2: I gotta say those images are yeah, fucking wild. Like when people know how to properly prompt it, it does.
Speaker 1: Now get Like the NYPD dance video that I think we're gonna be talking about in tomorrow's episode, Yeah, like that.
Speaker 3: When I saw that, I was like, is it? Are we sure that genera AI?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, this feels like everything seems kind of like a bad dream about that video, you know.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, did Tucker Carlson actually interviewed? Is that AI? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, stranger than fiction.
Speaker 1: It's it's getting weird, Like I feel like that's the thing that's unnerving is.
Speaker 3: That the capabilities of the AI.
Speaker 1: Are going up and also getting weird as our reality is also like entering the Uncanny Valley somehow, Yeah, a little bit more untruly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like just our just like our values are so all over the place too, Like we're obsessed with hot murderers. You know, there's just like there's just all these weird sort of I don't know, the way our brains are shifting is really feeding into it to in a weird way. And also like people just like our world seems so fucked up. It's like, of course these images of like beautiful locations are going to be so appealing to us because it's like, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: That looks like a that looks like a great place to be rather than where I'm at. So yeah, it's funny thing but where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything, but all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back. We're back.
Speaker 1: Jordan, One's got a little less cool this weekend. I feel like, how I'm greeting this even though.
Speaker 2: I got an iconic basketball shoes, Can you even play basketball?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like of all the things, like they they look like shit, they're you know, made by Trump. They're not even that comfortable, you know. I yeah, because you got your pair ride, I got my pair man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you put that mixtape you put off when you said you were like you were doing Zion Williamson type shit, I didn't realize you meant that your foot was just gonna blow out of the terribly made sneaker.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna dunk or some shit.
Speaker 1: God, could you imagine trying Like if an NBA player were these, that would actually be a great but their whole career.
Speaker 2: I think if you, I think just harmicley. You just don't put those things on the court.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So it does feel like a year since last Friday, when Trump first announced that he'd be attending sneaker Con in Philadelphia, putting the con in uh, putting all the emphasis on con. For this sneaker con, there was, of course, a major backlash, forcing sneaker Con to turn off their comments on social media and release a bullshit statement being like we just really like want to do whatever makes people aware of sneakers, and so that's why we accepted this grip.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's to bring awareness to the issue.
Speaker 1: We're just driving awareness for sneakers, Like don't you understand, like people out there don't even like know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the billions of dollars are moving around, but nobody knows, and we just need someone to act as a conduit to really spread the news. These shoes are fucking offensive. They're a oak on the viewer, the purchaser whoever. And that dude, that whole fucking presentation was so fucking weird.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the.
Speaker 2: Full presentation with a person came up on stage. Huh Well, here's a clip of him pulling up to the lectern with his jank Force ones in hand.
Speaker 4: Hello everybody, so thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And we have a few young ladies that are up here crying.
Speaker 4: Look at you with the Trump twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Thank you darling, I love you too. Wow. A lot of emotion. There's a lot of emotion and there's thank.
Speaker 4: You, thank you so so the really nice thing is we have lines and I want to thank Chase, and I want.
Speaker 3: To thank all fu fuckings going all around the block. They're going all around this blood.
Speaker 4: They've never seen anything like this one. I just want to tell you, you know, I've wanted to do this for a long time. I have some incredible people that work with me on things. They came up with us, and this is something I've been talking about for twelve years, thirteen years.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be Your influencers have been very positive.
Speaker 3: They've been real influences. And are people giving him the finger down front up? Yeah, that's the real deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been thinking about this for twelve or thirteen years. Shut uh, motherfucker. You can't you remember twelve or thirteen minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Actually the Air Jordan ones were actually influenced by me. I told him, you know, a high top with this thirteen years ago.
Speaker 2: I remember there was a re release of the Air Jordan Concord eleven and I said, we need to get in on that. So then I decided to just put lead gold paint on my existing shoes and put stars and stripes on it.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: So at the end of this, this person comes up to the lecture and this woman comes up wearing like a Trump houddie, acting pretending that this is like some enthusiastic fan, and then Trump's just letting them like rant at the electern like we.
Speaker 3: Neither reelect Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: He's a very good man, and people are like, holy shit, wow, this person is a fan.
Speaker 3: I'm like, are you for real?
Speaker 2: You think this secret service just lets random herbs pull it right to the lectern as a fucking former.
Speaker 3: But no, that's a fucking plant.
Speaker 2: So the whole thing was like, the whole thing was fucking all over the place, and the ship, I mean, I think a lot of I think few resellers bought them because people were saying parents are on eBay going for like triple quadruple the price, maybe even more.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, oh that doesn't mean an audience for it, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but that that's funny, is that reseller money that doesn't go to Trump unless unless Trump is really think of four D and he's like, all the way them up and then resell them yourself. So you could have like a ten X markup on the shoe. That's look that that's where the real that's where the dolls at Trump. But yeah, the resell market is it's not is not doing great recently.
Speaker 1: It's just so wild that he's still so desperately wants to be cool, you know, like I thought he kind of knew what the game was at this point, Like he's only talking to like carefully curated audiences of his supporters, and you know he does, you know, he stays locked away with like yes men. So for him to like try and drop drop a sneaker like and like go out at a sneaker con thing and think that the reception was gonna be anything except this is so wild. I mean, it reminds me, you know, he always wants the one thing he can't have, Like the approval of The New York Times led to him granting Maggie Haberman like all this access that was ultimately probably bad backfired.
Speaker 2: But he just like wants to be like you know, yeah, I wonder how much of his like Baron, you know, like maybe not what am I saying?
Speaker 3: This motherfucker don't give a shit about his kids, Like was.
Speaker 2: Like Baron, I know you like those I have his Scott Stuss, Scottson's j Jay Walker's I got check out Daddy's lead pair of shoes.
Speaker 3: I mean all this obviously too.
Speaker 2: Is the timing right, Like he gets fucking hit with what's gonna with interest around a four hundred million dollar penalty from.
Speaker 3: The signing rod pace the next day. The next fucking day, yo.
Speaker 2: I I owe like four hundred million. It's not a fucking game, yo. But here I got these sneakers, which makes me think, like when did the con? When did they When did he think this up? Was this something that was in the world thirteen years just like, oh, you're right, my bad.
Speaker 1: My bad, Yeah, exactly the time it couldn't have been Yeah, like even if I'm sure it had to have been planned, like not the day before, Yeah, great on an announcing it, like but he was like you got to get it for sneak er con.
Speaker 3: They love me there. It's going to be big, Yeah, big news to heels that. I mean, we'll probably talk about this on tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 2: But like, this man knows a lot of money, and there's really from what it looks like, he has very limited avenues to appeal or even like get the sum taken down because people are like, this isn't based on testimony, like it's based on records.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Like that's right. That's even harder to appeal.
Speaker 2: It's like this isn't because somebody said, so we're looking at the fucking papers you filled out and just.
Speaker 3: Being like, yeah, so this this this comes out to about yeah, four fifty four hundred, yeah, yeah, yeah, take that.
Speaker 1: A lot of this has the kind of unmistakable scent of like a scam. Like there's it says on the website like Trump sneakers are not design, manufactured, distributed, or sold by Donald J. Trump, the Trump Organization, or any of their respective affiliates or principles.
Speaker 3: Which is weird because he's like, literally, is that right, sneaker cons man? Is that an elector in person?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But then so the website where you buy the shoes is run by a company called c C Ventures LLC, which tru reported owning in his twenty twenty three financial disclosures, and then CIC is getting a fee from forty five Footwear LLC, a shoe company supposedly based out of a rundown house in a grimy shopping mall in Sheridan, Wyoming, which is a town that is like famous for catering to sketchy shell companies like there's the town has like registered agents that act as gatekeepers and provide US addresses that like basically don't exist for shell companies. So what is it illegal for? Like why do this shit? You know what I mean? Like the NFTs it was, I don't think it was ever like this.
Speaker 2: There's got nothing to do with me, even though I'm hawking it and I'm directing I benefit directly from it. Is there, Like, is there a legal reason to have to do all this fucking shell game shit? I mean, the sophistication of his like legal understanding of like financial laws and just all laws pretty limited, especially at this point after he's alienated and like sued every lawyer who worked for him.
Speaker 1: So I feel like maybe he's just like putting that in, like tossing that out there is a disclaimer, hoping that it protects.
Speaker 3: Him, even though I had no reason to suspect that it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, he's trying. He's doing his best. Man, he's doing his best to get back on his feet because he's going to be broke, folks.
Speaker 3: H I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see this new phase, to see like what the financial pressure actually does to him because he does have to put this money up in thirty days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's also running for president and yeah, I get. I mean he must have enough money, like in from all the just drifting humans.
Speaker 2: The New York Times reporter, who's reporting was the basis for this civil fraud trial, he said, when looking at the things, he he suspected Trump only had about fifty million dollars. Wow, and then everything's tied up in these other businesses and then a lot of the businesses just bleed money and are like debt pits. So I mean, I don't know if it's one of these things that's going to get solved because a you know, a mysterious buyer from Saudi Arabia purchased one of these business for like ten times what the cost was and it's magically delicious now.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, and like that wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure like the way he's worked things in the past has been like doing illegal shit and then just like delaying, delaying, delaying the.
Speaker 3: Consequences in court. So I'm sure, yeah, do some manner of that, right, But yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think the one thing for sure is that money has to Like that money has to be handed over in thirty days. They're like, there's no way around that, even if you're appealing like that, and then it would be held. But you have to come up with that, and how you do that is anyone's guess. But there's a few, you know, independent bodies now who are in the Trump organization to make sure that they are complying. So hey, more complexity to come.
Speaker 1: Finally, the box office report Hollywood shockingly undervalued how much people love Bob Marley For some reason? What is it about Bob Marley that made them not totally you know, appreciate how popular he was.
Speaker 2: Is it all the posters fucking everywhere and merch that people just wear passively?
Speaker 3: What could it be? What is it about this?
Speaker 1: Marlee Fellow, so one love The Bob Marley movie was projected to make around thirty million dollars to thirty five between Wednesday and Monday. It ended up making fifty two million dollars just in the US, taking the number one spot of the box office over Madam Webb, which.
Speaker 3: Like that one really, so that's a comic book movie.
Speaker 1: Has a certain baseline, or has had a certain baseline up to this point. That movie Morbius, which was similarly a Spider Man universe movie that didn't have Spider Man in it. I barely noticed it, like even that it came out, didn't realize it had anything to do with Spider Man. That one made thirty nine million dollars in its three day debut. Madam Web made seventeen point six million. So this is like a new low for how bad a comic book movie can possibly do. But yeah, so that they were like betting on Madam Web and they're like, oh, yeah, I guess there's this Bob Marley thing that we can throw out. It has the word love in the title. Let's put it out on Valentine's Day is literally what they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people say it's not that movie is also not Like, if you're looking for a real, unadulterated look into Bob Marley's life, this isn't the movie.
Speaker 3: But again, this feels like the movie for people who have a Bob Marley one love t shirt. Right.
Speaker 2: I just want to hear about the trippy artist poet guy. Yeah, no dark stuff at all, just keep it just we love it.
Speaker 3: We love it. The critics we're not feeling it.
Speaker 1: No, but hey, Bob Marley is definitely one of those people who's like so iconic it feels weird to have somebody play him, like the guy, Like, I don't know, the actor playing him didn't seem like he was giving me that much like Marley or it was like doing the magic trick that you need a movie to do to be like, no, that that is Bob Marley. I guess you know, yeah, Kingsley Bennetteer is the actor, and it definitely it feels like a.
Speaker 3: Dude wearing a Bob Marley.
Speaker 2: I mean like yeah, like looking at it, you're like, oh shit, that's Bob Marley. Because also like I don't know why his dreads look so bad, you know what I mean, Like that's the part I think that's that. That's the part that really my fucking brain cannot like wrap my head around. Like at least ship dread it looked like a helmet. It looks like a fucking like a Dea agent is pretending to be a Rasta to buy weed.
Speaker 3: The wig is not not our best wig work, And like come on, there's I know these dreads.
Speaker 2: Can look because they don't they damn sure don't look like Bob Marley's dreadlocks, no iconic, wonderful dreadlocks, like not his young guy sort of. You know when Zach Dala Rocca was rocking that kind of style of dreads back in the day and not like the shorter ones and then even the like latter day ones. It really looks like a helmet that had locked things like like sewed into them. Yeah, and yeah, it's some experience. When I wear that, it's not good either. So yeah, you know, red lock hat, you're definitely not getting the reactions you thought you were getting. You're like wearing that knit cap. This is just because I like Bob Marley. Fine, it's a trite. Yeah, every time you go I have told you don't go in that fucking barber shop and say walk on. I'm telling you it's not gonna work out for you the way wan bro oh no, get them out of here, get him out. Did you see the fucking I saw a couple of clips on Twitter, and I don't know if there're bs or whatever.
Speaker 3: That's all I'll fucking you know, I'll give you that caveat before.
Speaker 2: But like it looked like there were literally just full on empty theaters of Madam Web like people be like I'm at the showing it's me and my homeboy and there's nobody else in here. I mean that shit happens, like I've been in plenty of movie I guess, maybe not on the opening weekend.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah. Yeah when I saw that Netflix movie Leave.
Speaker 1: The World Behind, like the when it was out, and they were just like I had completely given up on it. It was it was me and nobody else in the entire so yeah, I mean, but Madam Webb was like had a whole press to like leave the World Behind. They were just like, ah, we'll see if anybody watches on Netflix. Madam Web was like they like I had, I wasn't even close to there.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: In all the multi verses in my where where I exist, I did not see Madam Web. Like not in zero percent of them did I see Madam Web. But I knew that shit existed, like in probably most of them you couldn't miss it. But somehow like that just nobody wanted to see that shit.
Speaker 2: Pretty well, it's it's uh, I mean, they spent not that much. They said the budget was around one hundred million for a superhero movie. That is pretty pretty tame. Yeah, but I think I think one way too much. Yeah, Sony, leave the Spider Man shit alone, unless it's that real Spider Man or the fucking the animated shit, because that's the only thing that people are fucking with. Yeah, but they're really trying to. There's already like shady fucking stories in the Hollywood Reporter inside Sony's Madam Webb collapse. Forget about a new franchise. The flop is wiping out an entire plan for a new movie series as a studio becomes the latest superhero studio in need of a pivot. Yeah, just again, leave it alone. There's you could have used these same actresses and done them maybe in the original film that had nothing to do with Spider Man.
Speaker 3: Look, you can't.
Speaker 1: We don't know that Bob Marley had superpowers, but we don't know that he didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh so all we're saying is I can see a white guy who's like, I mean, his hair is kind of like Spider webs. Yeah, that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like maybe his power is like you know, like one love, like you can make everyone sort of just like love, like you know, succumb to the power of love or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know, just let's think about it all right.
Speaker 1: Well, those are some of the things that we're trending over the weekend. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk you out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye. Bite