Speaker 1: Native Lampod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. Welcome home, y'all. This is episode number one hundred and seven of the Native Lampod. Seven that really matter because I joined then, but everybody else you can count the first one hundred. Let us neither here nor there. We're gonna give you all things. We're gonna break them down, politics, culture, and we are your hosts. My name is Bocari Sellers. That is Angela Rye. That's Andrew Gillham, and then Tiffany Cross is with us as well. Welcome home, y'all. How you feeling what's going on?
Speaker 2: Welcome home. I'm so glad Andrews Mike is off during his cross talk.
Speaker 3: That is amazing, Broke, I had to trade myself start putting mute and keep cross talking.
Speaker 4: I do that too, just so you know you're not alone. I do that too. So today we have so much to get into.
Speaker 2: We are joined by Mark Lamont Hill, who is our good friend, our brother, an author, a tremendous international rights expert and focuses very much on his work in Palestine. But we have a great conversation with him coming up for you all.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 2: I got some other lighthearted moments, but I'm gonna guil to my co hosts on their topics.
Speaker 5: I just jump. I was just listening. All right, you're.
Speaker 6: Still a co host even when you host him. Bruh, my bad.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to move things along. Y'all don't always get that we got to get to them toime.
Speaker 6: Well, let me pick up what you put down.
Speaker 3: I'll pick up what you put down, which is simply say, because we have Mark who is so dexterious when it comes to topics and who to talk to and how to talk to them, I'm very, very curious to get his take on a few things. One, how we deal with celebrities and other influencers who we sometimes put it a disadvantage by recruiting them into issues that they may not be ready for prime time for us. I'd like to hear some of his thoughts on how we not how we grow the followship without losing the integrity and the seriousness of the work.
Speaker 7: So first, let me just say I have to step out for a second, so you'll miss me for part of the show. And I'm sad because I think I'm going to miss the time when Mark is here, so shout out to Mark. But I will get to experience the Mark conversation like the audience does. I'm looking forward to listening to that. And normally I like to yield my time to viewer questions, but we did not get any viewer questions this week. So I'm really excited just to weigh in and jump in on what my co hosts are talking about this week. And a reminder to our viewers, please be sure to send in your questions comments, even if it's a disagreement, because we like to hear from you.
Speaker 6: We say welcome home with they thought we were off this week. If so, they like, We'll wait.
Speaker 1: Over there trying to get those marshmallows for those candy insha.
Speaker 6: Breakfast.
Speaker 4: They were like, we went like marshmallows on our Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think honestly, when I go back and look at the comments, I don't know if tiff has a fan club or she has bots or whatever, but it's overwhelmingly I could be like, yeah, I enjoy spending my time with my kids this week.
Speaker 5: Well, Tiffany said, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tiffany said, the Bitchies stands what with millions with millions?
Speaker 5: So I do want to talk about uh.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk about the Ranking County jail because this shit bothered my spirit for the entire week. What happened in Mississippi to an intellectually disabled man who was in that jail. The story came out. Shout out to our independent journalist and our local journalists who've been covering those stories. But Ranking County Jail in Mississippi, it just made me want to say Mississippi, Jesus. But we'll get to that as we go through. This store is extremely sad, and let's kick off the show. Let's have a good time today. Where y'all want to start? I think we should started in Nigeria.
Speaker 2: Could we could start in Nigeria? But also I know Andrew wants to talk to Mark about that.
Speaker 4: I yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't say this, and we didn't have a production call like normal. I really think we should talk about this Trump and Donnie situation too, And I got again, I got some lighter hearted things, but I really want to talk about.
Speaker 4: What went there.
Speaker 1: We're picking up, Let's go down, because I know you had my Donnie sitting there and the lights look bright. But let's talk about what happened in that in that uh, in that over office, meaning where there was a lot of disrespect and a lot of a lot of wit and a lot of things that happened that most people probably didn't even pay attention to because we were moving so fast last week.
Speaker 6: It is a Friday night, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so then let's roll this clip because this one in particular has been troubling my soul.
Speaker 8: Are you affirming that you think President Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 9: I've spoken about That's okay, Okay, it's easier than explaining it.
Speaker 4: That don't so you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, y'all. I grew up with an activist daddy. It could just be that I'm hyper sensitive to these things. But I really felt triggered by Donald Trump giving him permission to call him a fascist and then patent the dude.
Speaker 4: I just really didn't like.
Speaker 2: That, and it felt it felt staged in a way that really did not feel good. If you all didn't see, Mumdannie was on with Kristen Welker on Meet the Press. She asked him if if he still thinks, I don't know, if we have that clip, if he still thinks that Donald Trump is a fascist, and he affirms that he does.
Speaker 10: Do you think that President Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 9: And after President Trump said that, I said, yes, and so you do. And that's something that I've said in the past I say today. And I think what I appreciated about the conversation that I had with the President was that we were not shy about the places of disagreement about the politics that has brought us to this moment. And we also wanted to focus on what it could look like to deliver on a shared analysis of an affordability crisis for New Yorkers.
Speaker 2: And so what I am troubled by in particular is I do think that folks have to do what they have to do to meet the needs of their constituents. When you're an executive, you have to meet with all types of folks who don't necessarily agree with you and may end up wanting to cause you harm. But I don't like us making light of fascism. And I want to bring your attention to the fact that just last week before this meeting took place, Donald Trump was calling for the death of members of Congress who put together a social media clip that feels like an ad where all of them are veterans have served in the military in some way, and they talked about and urged military personnel to not take illegal orders. It's something that in ordinary circumstance, ordinary circumstances, a commander in chief right would agree with military personnel not taking illegal orders. This commander in chief calls for the death of those members of Congress who said don't follow unlawful orders. The very next day, mayor mayor elect, Mam Donnie is meeting with Donald Trump. He's being padded to say it's okay to call him a fascion, goes on meet the press and calls him a fascist. But fascism is anything to play with. So I just want to put that out there. That's something that was bothering myself.
Speaker 11: Who are you suggesting is planned with fashion?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 11: Who's taking it lightly?
Speaker 4: That's what I'm oh, I'm so sorry. Let me try again.
Speaker 2: So when Donnie met with Donald Trump, when they did the press conference after the meeting, Donald Trump.
Speaker 11: Is yeah, yeah, I know, I'm look.
Speaker 7: I guess I'm saying specifically, though, who are you saying was treating fashion like?
Speaker 11: Is Trump the one you're saying was treating fashion?
Speaker 2: He probably is, But what I'm saying is when you're when you're playing it looks like you're playing foot seat with the fascist, when it looks like you're sitting there engaging in a way.
Speaker 7: You're saying, Donnie, it looked to you like man, Donnie was playing foot See.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is, Mom, Donnie looked like they were buddy buddy.
Speaker 4: It looked very chummy.
Speaker 3: You looked there about the optics basically looked unseerious and maybe a little playful for the moment that we are, you know what was happening that day?
Speaker 1: I mean, also, can I just give can I give like a fifty thousand foot view context real quick? Before before y'all jump back into the discussion, many people need to realize that the Mayor of New York and Andrew probably speaks to this better than anybody. The Mayor of New York is a very unique position because one of the things that the mayor actually has to get from this White House is a top seity, top secret security clearance. And so by having that top secret security clearance, he has to go through in order to actually serve his constituents, he has to go through this White House. And that's one of the reasons that the meeting actually happened. He actually had to go there and perverbiably kiss the ring so that Donald Trump would have his And that's unfortunate. Now you're playing with people's lives literally, but so that Donald Trump would not because they said that this would be a big issue for his Department of Justice whether or not Mam Donnie was able to complete the security vet and actually get his top secret security clearer. So I just wanted to say that there there was an overarching purpose for the mayor elect to be there.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And the optics were what they were, So I'll let y'all chime in from there, but I wanted our listeners to understand what that purpose was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Cary, you're right.
Speaker 3: I mean the relationship with New York and the federal government, largely in the counter terrorism space, policing and counter terrorism space is significant, to put it mildly, and the city of New York depends heavily on those dollars coming through to keep its hell near military you know, uh size police department and other counter terrorism you know forces you know up tip top top notch. Answer to your original point, you know, these are tough, right, because Trump and his little sidekick, I'm so glad Vance wouldn't nowhere to be found, because you know, from international leaders to national leaders here in the country to governors.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen many sit downs with mayors.
Speaker 3: This may have been the first I observed in this second administration under Trump. You know, they have a pension for really getting quite froggy in those meetings. They work to the embarrassment of the people who they who they don't like. They you remember how they treated Zelensky when he came to the White House. I mean it was a full fledged you know battle Royale with with little Mickey mouse man Advance, you know, playing you know, get them, go, get them, go, get them, you know roll. So it's a difficult thing to choreograph. What I felt about it was me meme Donnie did not actually have to say many flattering things about Trump. Trump kind of went out of his way flattering this guy. You know, he's a good guy. Would you feel safe in New York if if he were I would feel safe absolutely, And we're going to make sure.
Speaker 6: That he's successful.
Speaker 3: So it actually turned in a direction that I didn't fully participate anticipate, but I also did not expect it to be a bad meeting, publicly facing meeting for them, because, in the truth of the spirit, mem Donnie came in basically the winner. Trump has been licking his wounds all week, getting set back after setback, and he kind of needed to gravitate to some to some winner energy. And I think I think, I think the Mayor elect really kind of walked away the winner out of that. Meaning, if I were being politically cynical and analytical about it, I would say he kind of walked away not having had to contradict himself, not having had to flatter the president, but to simply stay in his lane and say, any we look forward to working together on anything that improves the lives and affordability of everyday New Yorkers.
Speaker 6: That's not a bad giveaway for a meeting with Donald Trump.
Speaker 11: I hear you, Andrew. I agree with what you're saying.
Speaker 7: I'll say part of my frustration with this whole thing was the attention paid to it, the attention paid to this question when Kristen Welker asked him on Meet the Press one. This is precisely why you don't hear people, you know, talking every week's like, oh my god, did you hear what happened on Meet the Press? Because they ask questions that most people are not focused on. They traffic and inside the beltwig gossip and want to pit this person against that person. When the mayor, the incoming mayor was asked, does he think Donald Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 11: In the Oval Office? He answered yes.
Speaker 7: You hear him say yes to the reporter, even after Donald Trump saying, oh, you don't have to answer, and he says yes. When Kristin Welker has him, he said yes. Of all of the things that they could have spent time discussing, this seems the most trivial to me, quite honest. However, I do struggle as well with the imagery of being in the space with Donald Trump. I didn't walk away with that impression from Mandanie. I do think even as Trump has turned the Oval Office in the White House into you know, waffle house.
Speaker 5: Meet, that was disrespectful.
Speaker 11: I like, he's.
Speaker 7: But he's disrespectful to the White House. And I applaud people who can conduct themselves with a level of professionalism in decorum in the face of toddlers who find that, you know, incapable and find themselves in caple of doing that, and he does that routinely as the president of the United States. So I actually appreciate it that he looked like the adult in the situation.
Speaker 11: I didn't receive.
Speaker 7: It like he was being friendly or with fascism, or taking it lightly or playing foot seet with him. I don't receive him as someone who is a coward either. Like I think, as I've said before, I think Donald Trump is, you know, the beach in this situation, most situations, I think macdani looked like an adult, and of everything happening in New York. I just think of the politics of this situation, this tiny thing that beltleyh media has tried to make into a thing like ooh, look at this thing with Trump and Mandanni. It just doesn't seem as important to what most people are experiencing. But I think your point, Angela maybe a larger one about people normalizing what's happening, or people treating this president as though he's a normal president when he's anything but So I think my takeaway is I would focus me. I want to focus on what you talked about, of him calling Democrats seditionists, of him threatening death, and people are just kind of going about like well, President posted on social media that you know, these democrats would be killed as though that's normal, like we have to meet it with outrage. I don't think that's necessarily Mundanni's position, but I do decry that that should be the media's position and the fact that they're asking about ooh, but he said jo Mama was ugly and stupid shit like that. You do feel like, why don't you ask about the real things happening in this country that actual people?
Speaker 2: And they got it, yes, and that is I think they both delivered on that point. The theater of it all, like even you know where he was standing. Again, I didn't even like the fact that Donald Trump hadded him. If I heard Trump's statement to him differently, I think I heard him say it's okay, you can go ahead and say yes, and then Mendanni said yes.
Speaker 4: Then when they look at the transcript, that's what it says.
Speaker 3: But to your point, started though not to say he wasn't backing away he was.
Speaker 4: I'm not even suggested on this, Yeah, I'm not suggesting he was.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump intervened to tell him it's okay to call me a fascist, right, and I think that is also something worth noting.
Speaker 11: To me.
Speaker 2: That is a big deal because it goes right to the point of what he said about those members of Congress. That is what fascists do. They call for the death of their political enemies. They persecute and prosecute their political enemies. Now here's the part that blows my mind. And I'm sure you guys are probably tired of talking about this too. But on the day before the meeting as well, the House Representatives takes a vote House Resolution fifty eight eighty six Democrats vote with one hundred and ninety nine Republicans to condemn socialism.
Speaker 5: I didn't even see that.
Speaker 3: Yes, they can go and the Republicans for forty five days and they give back to DC, given all Americans are going through and they wanted to talk about some damn socialisms.
Speaker 2: But I want to be clear about why they took this vote. Mam Donnie was meeting with Donald Trump the next day. So my issue is, like I'm mad at everybody right now, y'all.
Speaker 3: But guess what, Donald Trump took the wins out of that sale and a whole bunch of other sales, but through his conduct.
Speaker 6: In that meeting, I mean his over effusive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want to say he everything that they've done Republicans. They spent millions calling this guy everything but a child of God. In New York at least the fonic is running for what governor, and she put a bunch of money, you know, against them, trying to paint everybody as mandonna and Trump by his full what I felt was a full throw, a throttle endorsement of the man. We're gonna make him successful. No, I don't mean he's that. It was a campaign. You say, a lot of things joined the campaign, right. He basically toot the wins out of the sale of any ad that Republicans can cut against Democrats and the mid term based on their mayor, Mam Donnie's embrace goes torpedo because we can simply put up Trump embracing him with a full bear hug.
Speaker 4: I guess all I'm saying is it is rich to me.
Speaker 2: And it was actually the day of his arrival that they could condemn socialism. Where is the goddamn vote condemning fascism? Seriously, this man identifies as a democratic socialist. He was clear about it, even in the press or after the meeting was over, so that what we're privy to the public statement that we're privy to. He says, I'm a democratic socialist. You know, I've basically hitched my wagon too affordability issues.
Speaker 4: That's something we agreed on in this meeting.
Speaker 2: These people are so tone deaf in the House of Representatives. I'm specifically speaking to the eighty six Democrats, including Democratic leadership, that you think it is more important to do to condemn socialism than fascism. And again he said the day before that he wanted to call for it to be prosecuted for treason and that is punishable by my dad.
Speaker 4: What are we talking about?
Speaker 7: I would just say it's all kind of kabooki theater, like it's simple, you know, like it's who cares about? To me, these votes have no real tangible consequence. There is no what does it do? Like, what is this so you condemned social Let's say they took a vote on condemning fascism. Again, this is all performative outrage to me about something these like just the same way that it's these invented culture wars.
Speaker 11: So even if they had taken.
Speaker 7: A vote and everybody in in Congress and the Upper Chamber and the lower tamper. Yes, we condemned fascism or we condemned socialism. Okay, who gives a shit? What exactly are you guys, like, what specific policies are you implementing or are you fighting that's going to have a direct tangible impact on the American people? And so far all of the things that they are pushing seem to have an adverse impact on the American people.
Speaker 11: Which is I think.
Speaker 3: I think that's why the mayor was refreshing. He this man came to advocate for his people.
Speaker 6: He talked about affordable housing.
Speaker 3: He talked about turning those buildings that are in New York that are vacant with with with these high ass rent prices into residential I mean, he was actually this was the refreshing part of him, is that this man was meeting a.
Speaker 11: Trump gave him permission or not, of course if he's not.
Speaker 1: Agree No, I was just I was saying that I kind of agree with you about the theater at the moment. And sometimes sometimes we get caught up. And that's what Trump does extremely well. He creates TV, he creates imagery because he knows that we will chase that it's like a cat when you have the little light in it. He knows that, he knows that the media will cover that. But one of the things we haven't talked about a lot, and one of the things that wasn't covered was something that jumped out to me from Rinkin County, Mississippi. I want to play that video first. Let me just say that if you I'm not a big fan of like black death porn, this isn't quite a death or a killing. But this is very, very hard to watch. So this is a trigger warning and not safe for work.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 2: Say, my name is Larry, and I volunteered fish.
Speaker 6: My name Larry, and I volunteer to this.
Speaker 11: Whoa come home, Come home?
Speaker 1: Birthday to you?
Speaker 5: Half a birthday to you.
Speaker 1: So the video that you just saw there goes back to it's actually an older video. It just was released from the jail. It happened in October of twenty eighteen. We're just seeing this. The gentleman's name was buck Halter. Larry Buckhlter was the black gentleman's name. I wanted to call his name out. The barry that you were referring to that you heard him refer to was individual who was the under sheriff at the jail. They had him singing Happy Birthday to him, They mocked him, and one of the things you saw was then putting him in an electric vest, which I didn't even know necessarily existed. I've been in a lot of jails, I ain't never seen that before, and using him as somewhat of a test dummy for it. It just came out. A lot of people have been examining the power of sheriffs. I wanted to talk about that for just a brief moment as well, and why those elections are even more importantly. The New York Times, Local Investigations Fellowship, the Fund for Investigative Journalism, the Shop Patterson Foundation, the Pulitzer Center Mississippi Today all have contributed to exposing this, and so that when I saw it, it bothered me so bad. I immediately sent it to the group chat and just said, this goes back and ties into this theme. We've been talking about a black folk not getting their benefit of their humanity, and I wanted to just kind of get you all thoughts on the imagery you saw. Why does this keep happening and what do we have what is the what do we learn from this?
Speaker 7: When I see I didn't know that we were I'm seeing this Rob McCary, I didn't watch the video in the group chat, and so when I see things like that, sadly, it's not surprising to me. But what I've been confronting over and again is we've seen this type of despotism decorate our screens. We've seen our blood spatter decorate our screens. Bodycams have done nothing but give us a better view of violence, often white violence towards black body. And it really creates a wrinkle in time for me because for all the people who wonder how was enslavement able to happen, and we see physical violence against us, we see people defending the most atrocious things against black people, brown people, young girls, all of it. And for me, I think it wasn't that long ago, and the people who shackled us, abused us, berated us, oppressed us, suppressed us, their descendants are not that far removed. So to me it seems like, oh, I see how you all were not just okay with the brutalities of enslavement that we've still never really put in front of America's face. I see that you were not just okay with it, but you celebrated it. It was a joke to you. I hear them laughing at this man. They're treating him as though he's an invalid. They're talking to him as though he's a toddler. It's a level of cruelty that I don't think we can really wrap our minds around. I think we you have a unique uncanny ability for humanity in ways that others don't. So it's enraging. And you know, I am not promoting violence, and I'm not inciting violence. But I don't know how you meet those people in the middle. I don't know how you consider those folks your fellow countrymen who can treat you that way. I don't know what the other side of that looks like. So as we're confronted with people, because I can imagine who all those people in that video voted for, as we're confronted with those people who are now occupying the halls of Congress and perhaps arguably even the White House, I don't know that a revolution to overcome that is peaceful.
Speaker 6: You know, Tiffany, really poignant comments.
Speaker 3: I probably appreciated hearing them, you know, This video touches on some of the activities that were taking place in that jail, but some of the more I mean, some of the equally as insidious parts were the deputizing of other inmates to carry out retribution, beatings, whippings, to go beyond where Uh, shriffs may have limits, the deputies and and and jailers may have limits. They would have other other inmates that they would call trustees, and these trustees would then be admonished to then carry out this brutality on behalf and under the cover of these shriffs deputies inside the jail house.
Speaker 6: I would also.
Speaker 3: What Tiffany your comments, what what makes it more grotesque for me is to see the number of black shriff's deputies who then take on that same.
Speaker 14: Despicable disposition as enslavers.
Speaker 13: Right. They their their.
Speaker 3: Proximity to the power of being able to decide who gets pulled out and and handled, who gets you know, retribution paid to them? Uh, who do you who do you terrorize each night? And you've got black deputies on black inmates, and a political system there that is diverse in its representation that includes black elected officials. I don't know if the bus was to be higher or not, but I certainly feel like I said it higher for for other black folks who become the lynchers themselves.
Speaker 6: The whole, the whole piece of this thing is rank. I mean ranking is right. Of course, yes, yes, black.
Speaker 11: Black men beat family, but there are.
Speaker 6: Too many that we can't name check, right.
Speaker 3: And that's this, that's this really terrible spirit that says, if I'm not on the side of the abuse, there are only two sides here, the abused and then the abusers and then those who stay silent and do nothing.
Speaker 6: Who I who I?
Speaker 3: Who? I automatically put under the abuser side of the equation. But this was this whole system the reason why people a national audience is going to be, you know, rattled a bit by what they read from the New York Times, from Mississippi Today and the other contributing resources. But ain't nobody in Mississippi surprise today or rather to we go in this when the XO was a first drive, ain't nobody there surprised? And I would add to it a whole bunch of other states. But I don't want to offend nobody saying't gonna start name checking you know who you are? Those of you who who.
Speaker 6: And Tiffany what is understood need not be spoken?
Speaker 3: Right. There are plenty of other places that can be on the list that had didn't get this kind of in depth reporting which took place here, which I think is excellent at exposing. And now I'm looking for the accountability. But this is taking place in far too many places, and it is it doesn't raise an eyebera.
Speaker 1: The accountability part is the thing that we're not gonna get none of. Because this is why your Department of Justice and the Civil Rights Division is so important. This is why the work that Christen Clark did that's like systematically being erased, This was why the consent orders because it's not I mean, I'm suing the Alvin esk Glen attentions in that Richland County right now. I have a guy who was going through a mental health break that they put in the shoe that you weren't supposed to put him there. You're not supposed to put mentally ill people in the special housing unit. He died from dehydration. He died with rat bites on him. He was in feces drinking water. The water broke, so he lost forty two pounds like in a week. I mean, it's just but this is it's not just ranking, It's not just Richland County. I think the people sometimes and that you know, I'm gonna talk about it in my car to action, But we forget about some of our loved ones. I mean this guy right here, I mean you look at him. I mean he had a family somewhere that had no idea. They're probably outraged right now looking back on what he went through because he probably wasn't even able to communicate it or afraid to communicate it. But those are our loved ones, and we have to take care of people who are in the shadow sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it talks about the retribution for those who spoke up. This is a no win situation. If you were in their crosshairs, you just had to bear it.
Speaker 1: Ye had been there in twenty eighteen, and I would dare say the same thing in twenty twenty five, Angela.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say, you know, when I think about what they're doing to dismantle the Department of Justice and the kind of the safeguards that we were at least starting to build, because it's never been safe. The building that houses the Department of Justice is still named the j. Edgar Hoover Building, and so we have to be clear about the fact that it's never been there to protect us or represent our best interests. But I think, you know, when we consider what President Will Mama was trying to do, President Biden Harris to Biden Harris administration tried to do to stand up at least some accountability measures, all of those things are gone. Now there's no way to determine whether or not these officers, you know, committed past wrongs, whether or not they if they went moved to a different jurisdiction that they shouldn't be hired.
Speaker 4: That's gone.
Speaker 2: And you consider what, you know, what prisons have to do to ensure that they can qualify for federal dollars, all of the benchmarks that are supposed to be in place, to ensure that they're not overly punishing prisoners, which I mean, it's prison like. I don't really like any of them. I'm partially an abolitionist at least. I just don't get how we can watch this and turn a blind eye to it.
Speaker 5: And this is in prison.
Speaker 1: That's that's part of my point, Angela. In prison, this is jail. Yes, they're not even convicted or nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, yes, no.
Speaker 1: No, that's that just noo y'all, y'all took y'all, took y'all went down this journey with me because I've been praying about it and sending it to people and being like, did y'all see this? Because I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going crazy because it was. It was making me cry seeing that.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Had to turn my head for sure.
Speaker 11: Can I ask you?
Speaker 14: I will say Jay Hoover should go down for a lot.
Speaker 5: Hoover should go down.
Speaker 6: He should go down for a lot.
Speaker 3: But I will say this, and this is this is this is just a restatement of history.
Speaker 6: JACKA.
Speaker 3: Hoover was horrible to our civil rights leaders and the type of surveillance that he.
Speaker 6: Is put in place.
Speaker 3: But what Jajo Hoover also was what was relentless against the FBI against the Ku Klux Klan, using the federal federal laws that allowed him to many ways chase them back into shadows and a lot of places and not a album full effect. But but I just wanted to balance out that that as he has the dubious designation as having been so cruel and and and and invasive to our civil rights leaders into black leaders and organizers.
Speaker 6: He also had a particular.
Speaker 3: Effect on pushing the ku Klux Klan out of a lot of black people's front yards, backyards and communities over that same period.
Speaker 11: It was he he was and his intention was.
Speaker 6: Opinions.
Speaker 14: Opinion was that his tenure at the f B.
Speaker 6: I also took very pointed.
Speaker 3: How do you say, uh enforcement and pushing uh back on the ku Klux Klan.
Speaker 5: Which I'm sorry they had a quick question, but can we.
Speaker 2: Get to the question just.
Speaker 7: Yeah, do you want to talk about this because I.
Speaker 2: Addresses I do not want to be in the business of finding no goddamn silver lining and know j Edgar, goddamn hold it's.
Speaker 6: Not a silver lin. It is not a silver lining. You.
Speaker 3: I simply wanted to sit next to one fact another facts.
Speaker 1: Okay, want your question, Timmy, you got you had a question about it. You're talking about were talking about there.
Speaker 5: He's not saying anything that's.
Speaker 11: There was no but it's a lot of context there.
Speaker 7: So let me just say, he's a horrible conversation, clearly answered your.
Speaker 4: Behind.
Speaker 11: Let me say something good.
Speaker 6: No, no, I wanted to say something good.
Speaker 11: Or the or the reasons.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me do that. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you listen there, if you allow me. The difference is I was attempting to point out that you would think the vilest of what we would have experienced as a people would have been in the thirties, forties, fifties, sixties in this country. And I'm saying, when you set that example next to what we are still experiencing, ranking and its officials, the sheriffs. I don't know if everybody got to read the New York Times. Deep God, but a lot of people are implicated here, A lot of systems are implicated here. And it happened not in the dark of night, but in the under the bright detoxifier of the sun, right the great revealer, right daylight, sunshine. And nobody is raising a I mean, like I said, it will play to a national audience because there's still people who can clutch their pearls about it. But where this stuff is going down, it causes no surprise, no shock, no anything to anybody. So I was simply the callousness of the past is only being uh, outdone by the callousness of today that even if if Hoo could prosecute the KKK, today the KKK appears to be welcomed in.
Speaker 6: Full for.
Speaker 1: You brought that around. You brought that around.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, But the contact.
Speaker 2: It was not just say TIF no, go ahead. I just want to have one point.
Speaker 7: No go ahead and say no, let's close that out because I my question has nothing to do with that.
Speaker 2: I just want to flag that as much as he some people may want to credit him for taking down the KKK, he also was a member of a fraternity called Kappa Alpha that essentially you know.
Speaker 6: Which they were, every campus.
Speaker 2: Which and that's not to be considered with Kapa Alpha PSI no, no.
Speaker 6: No Alpha.
Speaker 3: If you're in the South, you know what they don't.
Speaker 2: I want to be clear about what I'm saying. They want to be want to be probably still right now Confederates.
Speaker 1: So they got right here.
Speaker 4: There's that.
Speaker 2: So I think we should be clear at some point about why he is even attached to taking down the KKK.
Speaker 4: That is, I think it's simply.
Speaker 11: Okay, I agree that is a mini later. Let's because I'm not here.
Speaker 6: To defend him. I'm simply saying, when you compare.
Speaker 3: The age that we thought was a bygone era, it's not only not by gone, but it's back in spades.
Speaker 11: It's here, but cary.
Speaker 7: So my question for you is because we share a lot of spaces and you, I mean, I think the audience experiences a lot of your humor all the time. And you know, there are people who watch you on CNN, but a lot of people see you like joking around a lot. And what a lot of people don't know is probably every day, frequently you are arguing some sort of case and you won't really talk about it. You don't share a lot of details, but when it's over, you might say, oh, this happened, or you'll just drop a link in to some horrific event. A lot of times things that are happening to black women or black people. But there have been cases that you worked on involving black women too, And it's like, God, you were carrying all of this, Like none of us knew you so busy making jokes in the group chat or you know, being funny. We had no idea you were carrying all of this. So I just want the audience to know that about you, the kind of work that you do, and then my question to you about it is how do you manage what you do professionally? Because I know, and if you read Maccari's first book, like you are an emotional.
Speaker 1: I don't think I manage it well. I don't think I think that how do you manage it? Is a presumptive, you know kind of question. It's the question is rooted in presumption, because you know, I think we all struggle individually, usually under the cover of darkness. The challenge that I have, though, is that I have to be a husband and raise a family. So it's, you know, it's very difficult to go through your emotional roller coaster throughout the day and then have little people look up at you like why is Daddy in the corner crying and then having to explain to them state sanctioned violence, right, So you find other ways to cope. I drink too much tequila. I probably go outside too much and take my walks on the phone. But I got a good family and good and I got y'all. So as long as you know Andrew doesn't want to have conversations about Jayega Hoover on Thanksgiving dinner, and you're not bringing those damn room marshmallows on the sweet potatoes.
Speaker 5: I mean, we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: People might want to try mushrooms on sweet potato.
Speaker 4: That might actually be.
Speaker 1: Let's do this before we before we get to our call to action. Let's do one moment of celebration because all of our little nephew he get on their sometimes. By the way, I'm going to sports ball Tiffany, Uh, all of our all of our little nephew shoulder saying, this's got his first win as a starting quarterback.
Speaker 5: And sometimes you do it. Don't make it easy. Plus roll the clip of shador.
Speaker 2: You don't throw no salt time it just let it be sweet, just and spring because.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, I was gonna say, obviously I know about it, but can you all please explain to the audience for those who don't, Okay.
Speaker 15: When it's crazy, it's amazing, you know, off of one week of practice. You know what I mean, this one week of practice, so imagine you know what a full off season looked like. It get dangerous, but it's just a one week of practice. So I'm just truly thankful. You know that everything happened.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to just say for lack of confidence.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I wanted to say and shout out to that confidence, the black boy joy. And also he deserves to be confident. But I wanted to say, tip, I know you're going to shador. Sanders is joined the Cleveland Browns. He's done something that no other rookie quarterback has done since nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: Against the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 2: He had his first victory as a member of the team, and shout out to them twenty four to ten.
Speaker 4: And he should be confident. He had a good go.
Speaker 5: I'm with it.
Speaker 1: And the reason I let that ride is because when Baker Mayfield or another white boy comes out there and acts the same way, they call that swag. And so I got to be able to be able to call it swag. But Monk's family, I can be like man that boy, that boy confidence is through the roof and it's all good. I'm happy for him, glad he got a victory to ques. The thing about the NFL, though, is you got to get more than just one. And he's always Jeers. He's gonna always be judged to his daddy standard because his daddy was one of the greatest to ever do it and his daddy would tell you about it. So cheers to the Sanders family. They gonna have a good things give.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 7: Can I man ask one question? I was gonna explain. Angela already explained it. She took what I wanted to say, so I just will follow us a question. We're well, I will explain this, but I'll allow somebody else to explain. He did not get recruited early in the process. He didn't get drafted.
Speaker 11: Early in the process. Why because we're talking about his car.
Speaker 5: I got a whole theory about that. I got a simple theory, really unpopular.
Speaker 4: Oh I want to hear this. Come on, KKK, let's keep it going today. Dad got there. Let's keep it going.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe, just maybe the simple answer and the most obvious reason is the answer, which is he just ain't that good.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's definitely not my theory. My theory was going to be. You know, I think that Shadur had a really big college.
Speaker 4: Run with a lot of nil deals.
Speaker 2: As you all know, Nio became all right while he was in college. And I think that because of how much you know, confidence is attached to the Sanders brand, he was I think penalized by it, I mean penalized for it. I think in so many ways, you know, NFL.
Speaker 4: Owners, they can collude.
Speaker 2: To keep people out, they can collude to lift people up and keep them in when they're not that good be And I think that there was a very concerted effort to punish him, to teach that little black boy lesson.
Speaker 4: I don't have any facts. I just got a conspiracy theory too.
Speaker 2: It's based on history, right, Black af history, by the way, which is still on the New York Times.
Speaker 4: Bestsellers list, And I think that there's something to.
Speaker 2: That, like we have to be able to hold two things. This is a young man who has worked very hard throughout his entire life, throughout his college career, and I think is going to continue to work hard. Now. There are people who get drafted very high up all the time that they know they're attached to the brand because they know it's going to sell tickets. If for no other reason, I would have drafted the dude because it's gonna sell tickets, you know. And so I'm just being honest, Like it's gonna be good TV, it's gonna be entertainment. So I would do that just off of the strength of like whatever team ain't getting enough love right now, there's a bunch of them. You draft him because you want to make good TV. It's gonna be a good presser at the end. You're gonna go big on social, you're gonna go wide. So I think it's fascinating that we're talking about him being below average.
Speaker 4: Bakari. I definitely don't.
Speaker 1: And now I know what, And first of all, he's an NFL quarterback. Ain't nothing below average about him.
Speaker 4: I didn't NFL quarterback.
Speaker 1: Well though a black NFL quarterback got drafted number one in the draft. Yeah, that's true, so by the Tennessee Titans. And so you know, he doesn't come in necessarily with the baggage. I've been a you know, a deemed a hater for a long time because South Carolina State used to whoop up on Jackson State.
Speaker 5: But that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: Because you might be closer to you might be close to me, at least to my opinion on it, I don't have a I don't have a trunk opinion.
Speaker 14: Just to say that, I just want to say, start they.
Speaker 3: Start pipelining these kids. They've got these quotients from middle school. You know where they are they are I mean no, across the country. I mean this thing is like a people.
Speaker 6: Bet on this stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but Alabama, Mississippi or all these places. Man, they're watching these kids. They can't make introduction, you know, they can't you know, approach them.
Speaker 6: But these scouts.
Speaker 3: Are they are they are collecting stats on these guys, visiting them middle school, hanging out, checking them out. And so the whole the whole recruiting piece to me, has become very scientific, very data driven. And then the sor the X factor, the thing that then makes the difference are some of I think what you know, what what what Angela's getting at? You know, is he overconfident? Is he a little too big version, what's his attitude? Does he play well with it? You know all these other things that they've ben factor in. They say, yeah, we can, we can go down on that, or we'll take a year and observe. So it could be you know, one, or it could be a mix of all of this stuff.
Speaker 5: Well this we're gonna get. Oh go ahead, I'm sorry, let me.
Speaker 2: Just flag this really quick because again I know Tiff was going to raise this, but since you brought up the black quarterback that was drafted by the Tennessee Titans. I think it prudent for me to acknowledge that my team, the Seattle Seahawks, which has an eight and three record, beat the Tennessee Titans, which has a losing record. They have won one game one in ten record with that black drafted quarterback.
Speaker 5: Boy, why are you shitting on him? He can't play all the positions. The boy is good.
Speaker 1: Now, The boy's good. He's just out there by himself. Anyway, we wanted to, We wanted to in this in this in this piece on a on a celebratory note. So shout out to the young man because he will. This is something you'll always remember. It's your first victory in the NFL. I know we got this interview with Mark Lamont Hill coming up, and I know that Tiff may have to scadado, but I did want to make sure that we could do something I want to do some call the actions if you if you didn't mind, because I think it's important that people.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes people listen and they listen to mine.
Speaker 1: I don't know about y'all, but you know, our call to actions to kind of get people to go out there and do a little bit more of this holiday season, So TIF go ahead and start.
Speaker 11: Oh man, it's always me first.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I'm disappointed that I'm not going to be because i have to run. I'm on deadline, and I'm not going to be part of the Marklamont Hill situation. But I think you guys are probably going to get into Nigeria and what's happening there, So I just want to say to people, and I'm so mad I'm not going to be a part of the conversation, but I just want to put this in front of people that Western media has a habit of framing things that are not always accurate, and to present this as though it is a Christian genocide is not accurate, and Nigeria is just one of many examples.
Speaker 11: But if you.
Speaker 7: Just start to expand your news diet, but even just your reading diet and understanding the geopolitics and the history of Africa, you will note a lot of times what we see in Western media is a complete conflict to what the rest of the world is experiencing. And if you pay attention to these things, you will also know a very sharp shift in the global stage a very sharp shift in world superpowers and a very clear rise of the global south. So I just want to put that out there to the audience to please expand your news diet and don't just read the headlines, don't just read the stories. But like, spend weeks learning about this stuff, and that will become habit. You'll start learning more about it and disrupting this very white media.
Speaker 13: We're glad to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: We'll get to the rest of the CTAs after this interview with Mark Money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you for.
Speaker 13: Letting me do that.
Speaker 11: I want to come back and don but thank you for letting.
Speaker 6: Me get nice.
Speaker 5: It's smart.
Speaker 4: He is confident, keep going.
Speaker 5: That's right. Nobody knows.
Speaker 1: Look, we get a we get a chance today to spend some time with our brother. We talked about him a few times on this show. He is a is a intellectual, he is brilliant, He is a professor, he is a writer. He is just an all around renaissance man of the culture, none other than Mark la my Hill. Welcome home, brother, How.
Speaker 6: Are you welcome home? Mark?
Speaker 13: Oh Man, I'm still happy to be here. I'm happy to be home.
Speaker 1: Can I just can I just say one thing before we started. I was I was looking for Mark's number earlier this year, and I called the number I had, and then I watched Mark on the show talk about how he changed numbers and only the people he wanted to have this number.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad you went.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 6: I thought you were gonna say strip Club answered, I said.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well I was on the outside of Mark circle, so I didn't get it. So I think Tiffany sent it to me involuntarily. But welcome home. Brother's glad glad.
Speaker 13: You I sent you the numbers. It was funny, is I said you, And I said, all, y'all a number, But I turned I was having a security issue that I was getting and so I did it like real suddenly in the middle of the night, I changed the number and I sent it, but it went green for most people. So like everybody I know thought that they got this because they didn't get the number, and I had to like show people. Look, I sent it to you back in January, so you you were definitely on the list. I'm gonna resentd it to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: What's going on, Auldre Pittman and you know, so you put me in touch with your old track college classmate. Shout out to Audi Doctor Pittman Price, shout out to her for sure.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you, Mark, so you know you are a multi platform You have a show on Al Jazeera. You are one of the hosts now of Joe Budden's podcasts. You have nice school on YouTube. You are trying to reach our people on every side, and I think we join you in that. But the most important question of this particular hour, doctor Mark lawan Hill, is are you an asshole?
Speaker 5: A hard hitting question?
Speaker 4: You know, I do what I can.
Speaker 2: Mark is going viral right now for shading Brian McKnight for calling him an asshole.
Speaker 4: And he had facts, So I have some facts too. Mark.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm happy to go down my list to see if it all checks out, but I'm willing to allow you a yay or nay right in this moment before I go down my list.
Speaker 13: I'm scared of any research Angels done because she's too thorough. But but second, I'm an asshole just on his face, I acknowledge it. I'm not a Brian McKnight genre asshole, uh, but I am. I'm like a smart ass, I'm like snarky I can tell you right, you know what I'm saying, like, that's why I fit in here.
Speaker 4: We all you know, I mean, we are using tricky words on us. Mark, that's you.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question though, because you're SOMTI, because you're so multi platform, how do you how do you prepared? Because I mean, it's different audiences and you have to be decently talented to meet each respect the audience.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 1: Because there are a lot of young people who listen to this show who want to be like you, who want to spend time on the forms. How do you prepare to meet those very very different audiences? Al Jazeira's audience is probably different from the Joe Button podcast, although there's a little overlap. But you know, how do you prepare to go into those different arenas?
Speaker 13: Deep study? Deep study? You know, I tell people all the time the hardest part of all of this is having the discipline to do the homework.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 13: I meet professors who tell me that they want to be public intellectuals. And what I find is that when I meet the young grad student who's getting a PhD and they say they want to be a public intellectual, what they really mean is they want to be famous, you know, they want to be at the parties, they want to be on TV, they want to get stopped on the street. And I say, the best thing you can do to prepare yourself for any kind of serious intellectual work is to do the homework. Deep study. That deep study is the same thing we do before we go on air. It's the same thing we do whether it's CNN or Al Jazeera. It's the same thing I do before I go on Joe Budden podcasts. And that's what that's what that's what's made it all work for me. You know, before the Joe Button podcast episode airs, or even before we record, I come in with ten to fifteen topics that I'd like to discuss. Wein't gonna get to all ten to fifteen, but I talked to I think about ten to fifteen of them. If they pick any of them on that list, I gotta be prepared to talk about it, and I can't do it when I get there. So I'm waking up at five am and I'm reading and reading in on these things. The good thing is, if you stay in shape, you don't have to get in shape, right, So I rarely have to start from zero on something. But if you ask me about what's going on with Summer Walker and her boyfriend or her or her asking to be the side piece, yeah, I gotta do some reading. I gotta start from zero on that. That ain't what I know.
Speaker 5: Let me explain. Let me explain that to you if you want to.
Speaker 13: Doty explain it too well with Cary, I tell you if you know what I.
Speaker 5: Know, that's true.
Speaker 2: You know I don't know what just happen. Please Andrew, No, I would, I would know.
Speaker 3: I actually want to stay with this, this this line of questioning about preparation and to meet very audiences. There is oftentimes critique for entertainers celebrities who wade into political conversations or high political topics. Let's say Nicki minaj I e you know in Nigeria right or really the quote Christian persecutions occurring there.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And we're going to talk a little bit about this later as well, my fellow co hosts. So I didn't want to go to deep in it, but Mark you you're something you said, jarred me on it, because how do you find the balance between wanting to invite as many diverse accessible voices as possible into the political discourse. God knows, we need more people talking about what's happening in this country, in our communities around the world affecting our people. But it's also very important that when you wade into some of these topics, especially when you have such a you know, large audiences who are not necessarily, you know, waking up in reading now Jazeera or the news in any shape or form other than on TikTok, So you bear responsibility to also be accurate and informed when when when you meet them. Oftentimes, when I hear us kind of talk in our echo chamber about who should and shouldn't, I think people receive it as like us determining license for who can talk about, you know, various political issues and who cannot.
Speaker 14: And that's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I do know that you get degrees in political science because I've got one, and I know that there are people who go to school for the study of these things and then are real practitioners in the work and reflect important analysis, experience, history contexts for these conversations.
Speaker 6: Where do you come down.
Speaker 3: On the side of of of And I'm thinking very specifically about sort of the entertainment crowd that is oftentimes sort of harangued into these things for one offs and then toss to the side after they get shredded by every you know, googler out there about what they got right or what they got wrong on something.
Speaker 6: You come, yeah, you know.
Speaker 13: It's it's a tight rope, and we often put celebrities in a very uncomfortable spot or maybe an impossible position. We ask them, we demand from them sometimes to speak up on issues. Why aren't you talking about such and such? And then when they say something we don't agree with, we say, you don't know what you're talking about. Stick to stick to rap, and stick to basketball, stick to baseball, stick to whatever. And so sometimes it becomes just a question of whether we like what they're saying or not. For me, what I like to ask from our celebrities is that they commit themselves to some sort of involvement in making the world better, some sort of make some sort of effort to leave the world better than you found it. However, you see that if you have a specific platform where you have a unique insight on something, or you're a uniquely positioned to address something, then I do add that you do that it's weird to me. Again, I'm not making a demand of dj Khalet, but it's weird to me as a Palestinian, as maybe one of the five most famous Palestinians in America. I'm going to give the Hadad family, you know that, But like there's others. But like, if you're DJ kaltt like, it's kind of hard for me to imagine that you could be not saying anything, or instead of just sitting there and eating your food, you're also talking about how great life is and making videos and eating crab meats, you know, while the world is on fire. That to me is weird. So that would be a case where I would say say more. Now, if he comes out and says the exact opposite of what I think he should say, I might be pissed at that too, And that's on me. That's an unreasonable ask of me, So I have to be self critical about that as well. But for me, it's less about people saying what I don't like and more about them being cowardly. I don't think that Kalt is quiet because he has oppositional politics. I think he's quiet because he knows that it's better for business, for him not to wait into this matter on one side or the other. And that's what he's doing the old you know, Republicans and Democrats. By my sneaker line, that's what concerns me. But if you're going to speak up on any side of any issue, I do think it's important that you read and that you study, and that you know what's at stake, and that you don't assume that the first person that got to you is the person who is correct. Very often that's exactly what we assume in the case of Nicki Minaj and I'm scared to death these bars about the light mind mentions up.
Speaker 5: But it's OK.
Speaker 13: They are and it just is and that's what it is. They've been doing it all week. But for me, I don't have an issue with Nicki Minaj is saying, hey, I care about the persecution of Christians. I don't have an issue with her saying, hey, I want to weigh in on matters that are taking place on the continent of Africa. I think we should do more of that. My issue is she took the talking points and the argumentation I mean literally literally from Maga. Now again just because Migul say it, don't mean that it's wrong. It often does, but it doesn't mean that as such. Interrogated here the other side, see what's going on, because what they often do with the right is y'all know beter than me. What they often do is they take they their points are lightly dipped in truth. They'll take a thing that's true and make that the whole story. So are Christians dying in Nigeria? Yes they are. We just saw Are our Christians being Are they being forced to undergo all kinds of awful circumstances right now? Violence, kidnapping. We just saw a school rated and hundreds of girls kidnapped in the last week. It's the worst kidnapping since the Cheabot girls were kidnapped over a decade ago. That's awful. But if we frame it as a uniquely Christian thing, if we say that they're being attacked because they're Christian, we lose sight of what's actually happening in Nigeria. We lose sight of the actual complicated ethnic and tribal infighting and battles that are happening, and we lose sight of the fact that the people who are prevaying most of the violence don't care if you're Muslim or Christian. Yes, they're killing Christians, but they're also killing Muslims. They're also kidnapping people for not being properly Muslim. This is a political Islamist group that is basically saying we are we're going to rewrite the wrongs, we are going to fix the world. We are going to create an Islamic state. And to do that, yes, we have to kidnap and proselytize and fight, and let me take process house off the table, because that's very little of what they're doing that We're gonna kidnap, kill, torture to Muslim, burn churches. Yeah, yeah, but we're doing it to everybody. Yes, percent of Nigeria is Christian, but it's also equally Muslim and it's happening to them too. But if we frame it as a uniquely Christian persecution, we ignore why they're doing what they're doing. We also ignore half the country who's also been Can we.
Speaker 5: Ll be real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, go ahead, No, we're gonna We're gonna roll this clip first because I have a question on the backside. I think we do. We but definitely because my question is more generic. After we wrote this clip of Nicki Minaj and Harris Faulkner. But I have a just a more generic question, like what do we do with Nicki Minaj? How do we engage her? Do we engage her? Does she get credit for even having the courage to speak up or speak out about something she believes in? Those are and I'm not one way or another. Those are questions I genuinely have for you. But let's wrote this clip and talk about it on the backside.
Speaker 8: Especially as artists and people in entertainment, I think it's it sometimes can feel scary to speak up about anything that may not be the norm or the popular thing to speak about. I never care if something is popular. I care about what rings true to me. To people who are going through hard times right now in Nigeria, I hope that when they see this being done, that it makes them feel heard. You know, that it makes them feel like Okay, someone someone cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as Nicki minajen her, as Harris Faulkner put it her Sister in Christ right after she spoke at the United Nations last Tuesday, Cary, I'll yield to your question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean what do we so like? I mean, so you have somebody who took a risk, right, who win in front of an audience that's non traditional.
Speaker 5: I see, I've never heard.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, what's the risk?
Speaker 1: I mean, just I would I would assume just Nicki Minaj having or the courage. I'm just I'm trying to play devil's advocate over here. That may not be the correct term, but there may be people who evaluate this and look at this and say that she's going to speak up for Christianity in front of an audience the non traditional for her. The four of us have some very strong critiques about the analysis she put forth. Where do we find that middle? Is there middle? Do we discount or discarder? Do we try to bring her in have conversations?
Speaker 5: What is?
Speaker 1: What do you do next with somebody who has the platform of Nicki Minaj when they take the step?
Speaker 13: Well, well, first, I read her as generously as possible. That's the first thing I do. I begin from that space of grace. I don't from the worst in Nicki Minaj. I don't assume that she's being cynical. I don't assume that she's being mendacious. I also don't sort of infantilize her by saying you're being duped by the right, you know. You know, I don't like that stuff. And I don't assume that she has a mental health issue, you know, or that this is drug induced. I'm raising those things. Those are all the things that people are saying on the internet. And I don't assume that I give her the generous read that she's thoughtful about this and just wrong. And so the first step I would do if I think somebody's wrong on an issue is engage them in dialogue, to reach out as I have, and say, here's some people who are experts on this, because this isn't my area of expertise, here's some people who are experts on this, who are from the country, who are very much on the ground internally, and who have a more robust analysis. Maybe talk to them and see how you feel after you talk to them. That, to me is the best thing that I can do. I agree that. I mean, even with that video with Harris Parkner, I think she feels what she's saying is true, and I think she's sincere. I just think she's sincerely wrong. And I think it can be compelling though, when they you know, when you want to be taken seriously, and you deserve to be taken seriously. And as women in the industry, they're often not taken seriously. When someone takes you seriously, it's easier to listen to what they have to say. And so if the Trump administration's coming forth and saying, hey, we take you seriously. Here's some information, and Harris Faulkner is interviewing her because they're not interviewing her on MSNBC. If Harris Faulkner is interviewing her on Fox News and they're saying, hey, we take you seriously, and she's at the United Nations, you know, and they're saying we take you seriously, then I see how their argument could be compelling, because again it's lightly dipped in truth, so that becomes I think how it plays out. So I think the best thing we can do is approach her with grace rather than attacking her, mocking her or whatever. Now, if she responds in a way that suggests that she's not open to critique or that she's going to move closer to the MAGA crowd regardless of what the facts are, and there is some sign of that on social media, then I say we can take we have to take a different approach, you know. But it is interesting to watch the trajectory of watching I watched Kanye fall out with jay Z, and I watched jay Z with close to Obama, and I watched Kanye move close to Trump, and then I'm watching her battle Cardi, and I'm watching Cardi speak with Kamala and suddenly she's grabbing the White House. I mean, there are some interesting parallels that if I were a conspiracy theorist or less generous or even an asshole, I might point out. But I'm not gonna point out none of that because I'm Mark.
Speaker 5: After you pointed out.
Speaker 3: I didn't see the Harris Fucker full interview. But do you all know whether or not Harris asked her about the two Trinidadians who were killed in the Yess government.
Speaker 2: I highly doubt it, but I love that you brought up her Trinidadian roots and what's happening with this administration. Is she going to turn a blind eye to that? To Mark's very point about when DJ Khalen is Palestinian and hasn't spoke out when his people are being harmed in part by the country or the inaction or the direct action of this country. So what is she going to say about out these fishermen right being killed in foreign waters?
Speaker 4: There is violations of international law happening. And I've heard her.
Speaker 2: Maybe she did in her backroom conversation with President Trump or the UN ambassador. Maybe that's what they talked about on the side.
Speaker 6: And for the audience. This is in reference to the President taking the very, very controversial, many believe illegal step of deciding unilaterally who is a drug smuggler and who is in and killing first and maybe asking questions later. But I've yet to see any evidence yet produced by the US government under Trump of how many kiloid kilos they found after these boats. That's where they are boats.
Speaker 4: That's all they are finding is keiloids.
Speaker 2: Andrew they finding keiloids because that's what happens to our skin sometimes when we get piercing. Now, I have one other point I want to raise on this, because one thing that you raise is so important. When we go in to do this type of work, when people ask us to speak out on issues that we're less familiar with, it's incumbent upon us, regardless of our platform, to talk to some people on the ground. So we have a clip where somebody in NIGERI who's an advisor I believe to the current Prime Minister in Nigeria, has this to say about what's really happening on the ground there.
Speaker 12: Nigeria's government insists it's taking steps to stop violence that targets all Nigerians.
Speaker 10: As irresponsible government, we refuse to approach the fight against terrorism from a profiling point of view. That's why we discourage the idea that it is a target targeted Kristian, it's a hawk, It's a hawks.
Speaker 12: Daniel Bowala is a Special Advisor on the Media Tubola Tanubu, who became Nigeria's President in twenty twenty three. Biwala grew up in Borno State, the epicenter of Boko Haran violence.
Speaker 10: We leave through these experiences where we have a little of a love war. Have them been killed by Bokoharam when it started the killings by the terroories or the insurgents or the Boharam. It is not targeted at any particular religion.
Speaker 4: Especial Advisor to the President.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, I misspoke, but yes, I just I wanted to raise that briefly, no question. Just wanted to raise that Briefly, Marcus write, in alignment with what you said about the violence being targeted towards people of both Christianity and Muslim religions, It's important for us to note that as we check, we fact check all of.
Speaker 1: This before we switch gears, because it felt like the gear is about to be switched. What can people? What can people who are here right who are listening to this show, who maybe are engaged because of Nicki Minaj now and like, okay, well Niki talked about it, so it's the first time I heard about it, right, or maybe that what.
Speaker 5: Can we do?
Speaker 1: I mean, if we're concerned about what's going on right now in Nigeria, what tangibly can people do?
Speaker 13: It's gonna be tough. There's a couple of things though, I mean, one thing you should think about is the humanitarian issue on the ground. There are people who are being harmed the Bocal Haram in particular, but also some of these other groups engage in sexual violence in addition to kidnapping and murders. So there are humanitarian organizations right now who are helping deal with rape crisis, who are helping deal with not famine but food insecurity because of what's happened, the invasion, building of schools. All of these things are necessary, and there are groups on the ground who we can donate to to help do that. To help fix that. In theory, you should be able to talk to the US ambassador. You should be able to talk to the UN ambassador as well the US Ambassador to the UN. You should also be able to talk to your members of Congress. In theory, I think the challenge of this is that, frankly, things that happen in Africa anywhere on the content we rarely care about as a US political body. That doesn't mean we shouldn't pressure them. If it means we should pressure them more and make them care about it. But I think those are the things we can do. We can apply pressure to our politicians, we can donate to humanitarian groups, and we can also raise awareness. The same way people spread misinformation and fake memes and all that other stuff, we can use our social media and other things to put a spotlight on it. Yeah, we did a special for BEET called Bring Back Our Girls a long time ago, and we had extraordinary support from Hollywood, extraordinary support from the political elite. We had extraordinary support from the media world. But it was because so many people on Twitter at the time were building that up and woll Michelle Obama stup there with that science saying bring back our girls, in front of the girls. It mattered. So putting a spotlight on this stuff, putting applying energy to it matters. Get your liberal white feminists right who say that they care about feminism, and we're telling us that all lives mattered. All that get them to care about these lives and these women and these girls, and to move and to have a critique of imperialism at the same time that they want to lean forward and move up and have it all.
Speaker 2: I love that this is going to be a great PSA for US mart because your camera switched right on Q as you did this.
Speaker 6: You're a new one. Mark.
Speaker 3: You just mentioned how very little happens on the continent that attracts American political leadership's attention. And we can recall from Trump's first term in office where he referred to African countries as shithole countries. He also tried to distinguish various parts of Africa from the continent of Africa, saying certain parts were not actually in Africa, but but but I'm really curious, based off of from that comment, what do you actually think is behind Trump's new affinity affection for the most populous nation in all of Africa on the continent. I think two hundred and thirty semi plus million people also rich in minerals and resources natural. I'm just, I'm just I'm feeling venuela sit go, you know, entering here. But but but I haven't heard any media sort of interrogating any real way why Trump, who never has interests on the continent, uh, suddenly has care concern and interest in in Nigeria.
Speaker 13: I think you're asking the right question. And again I'm going to defer to the experts on Nigeria because the one thing I've learned to do in my in my old age is and that yeah, stay in my lane and not speak too much about things I don't know too much about. So I'm going to stick to the rivers and lakes that I'm used to, which is the evangelicals, right, Because there's two pieces to this. There is the financial investment in Africa that we've seen as Africa has been sort of newly or recolonized. You know, we see when you walk to any through any country in Africa. Often you'll see a Chinese presence, you'll see an Indian presence, You'll see you know, there's that there, right, and so there's there's the re there's the redevelopment, and also the kind of what do you call it, the under development of Africa and the repatriation of real sources. That's all been part of the ongoing process on the continent of Africa for decades now. When you see the IMF, the World Bank, you know, and other organizations come in and impose structural adjustment policies, Basically they starve Africa and then they make you ask for a loan and then the conditions of repayment are so severe that you end up giving away all your stuff. So that's part of an ongoing process. Nigeria has been able to resist that, largely because they have such internal wealth and resources, and so it's interesting to watch them sort of navigate this. But it's also why I'm not convinced that this is about money exclusively. I think there's a bigger play here, which is to appeal to the evangelicals. Donald Trump doesn't have any feelings at all, He only has interests, and Donald Trump is particularly interested in appealing to the right wing of his base. He's the same people that hate Jews in love Israel, right, because they have a very particular investment in the evangelical Christian narrative and the evangelical Christian project or them that's proselytizing all around the world. That's also sort of imposing certain kinds of values around the world, the Christian nationalism in particular. So when you look in Nigeria and they're saying, look, the Christians are being persecuted, it becomes part of a bigger global narrative that they're trying to impose, right, which is to say that Christians are under attack and we have to fight back. That allows them to weaponize certain things, whether it's economic violence, whether it's military violence, in defense of Christianity. Even though so it's a solution looking for a problem, and Nigeria becomes another place where the solution is looking for the problem. But I don't want to disconnect the Christian or and it's not just Christians, to be clear, but it's just in this case, it is the kind of Christian the way that religion, let me take a step back, the way religion has been used and married to imperialism. It's like they said, you know, someone in the continent and said, you know, the missionaries came over here to our land and said, you know, close your eyes and let us pray, and they gave us Bibles. When we open our eyes, they had the Bible. You know, we had the Bibles and they had to land. You know, that comes part of the project sometimes. And so these things aren't disconnected. I don't know what the actual players specifically, but I do see these two things happening simultaneously and they don't seem coincidental.
Speaker 2: That's very helpful, can I I want to ask you Mark, because we've you know, spent a good amount of time talking about Nigeria and we've talked a little bit about Palestine.
Speaker 4: I want to.
Speaker 2: Ask you about the sacrifice you've made. We mentioned on this show how connected you've been to the people of Gaza and Palestine Palestine writ large.
Speaker 4: But I just I can't.
Speaker 2: You have been talking about this longer than like the newer protesters, the people's a tension has been awakened and consciences have been really pricked about what's happening in Palestine, and I just want to ask you, you know, what do you think is going to take to finally see peace in that region, to finally see a ceasefire happen, to finally see Palestine Anian lives matter right the same way that we cry out for black lives to matter here in this country.
Speaker 4: You are a scholar.
Speaker 2: This is a place where you're absolutely an expert, and sadly, I know you have to run out so in like in a in as briefly as you can, but as passionately as you can. What can you tell people who still don't care and need to care, is because it could happen to any of us.
Speaker 6: So I'm to have them not connected.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna give them because the I'm like Tony Marrison when I say people, I mean black people. So I'm gonna tell I'm gonna tell people why they should care. I'm gonna get three reasons. First reason is I think in general, just as an ethical matter and as a moral matter, we should care about human life. And right now, there are numerous places, not just historic Palestine, but we could look in Sudan, we could look at Haiti, we could look in Congo Uh. There are lots of places we could look at this. There are lots of places where land is being disputed. We could look in the Magrib area. We could look in sort of near Morocco Mauritania there and have questions. We could look at what's going on. I can name lots of places, but we could think about where land struggles are happening and say, hey, something needs to happen here, like Somaliland, for example, something that we don't talk about nearly enough in black media or media at all. But on the question of Palestine, that's another place where we should absolutely be looking and asking questions and thinking about just because it's tomorrow matter. And as Black folk, we've always been the moral leaders and stewards of this country. We've given America it's conscience. We are the conscience of this nation, and we have to continue to be because it's just the right thing to do. But then there are people to say I only care about where where my interests align. Well, I would say that right now when billions of dollars are being spent funding and supporting and offering military aid to Israel, and even more so since October seven, twenty twenty three, when we look at things like the exchange programs between policing models of the United States and what's happening in Israel. That's another example, and it's important. It's important to reiterate that it's in exchange. Right. Israel isn't teaching black people. He isn't teaching America how to kill black people. America have mastered that long time ago. This is about two different nations exchanging information to enhance the security state, which always makes brown people and black people and poor people and other people marked as other more vulnerable. All of this is part of what happens when you see these exchanges, and there are other things. When you watch the romance between Natanyahu and Trump, you see the consequences of that for not just for Israel Palestine, and not just for the United States, but for the entire regions. There could literally be a World War three brewing because of the United States's assistance with Netanyahu and expanding not just sort of greater Israel in terms of how it applies to Palestinians, but what that means for Lebanon, what that means for Syria, what that means for Iraq. Even when you watch the normalization that's happening with Saudi Arabia. He just welcomed Mahmad Densman to the White House life last week, which is crazy. I mean, it's absolutely nuts, and and didn't want any tough questions asked to said, you know, let's respect our guests. Nobody respected Jamal Hasjoji, right, our colleague, who was neither, you know, and not to mention all the other human, ugly human rights abuses that are happening in Saudi Arabia right now. But again, we are the United States is selective because it's not feelings, it's interests. Right when it's time to get oil, when it's time to strike resources. Now it's white men saving brown women from brown men. We got to go and liberate those women. But when it's something we want now they're best friends. So we have to look at that kind of policy, which is not a Republican policy, bipartisan. You know, I don't care if you look at any moment since probably the Kennedy administration in the US has had an awful Middle Eastern policy. Uh and they didn't have it before then because the British had it. It wasnt because we were good before all that to say the interests aligned, you know, imperialism, white supremacy, homophobia, transphobia, anti blackness. These things don't have passports, they don't stop at the border. These are global system and if we don't dismantle them everywhere, then they're gonna be a threat to us anywhere and in an interesting and may be self interested note, there's if you say I only care about black people and I don't care about what black people are. Well, there are black people everywhere. There are Afro Palestinians in Jerusalem. There are Afro Palestinians in Jericho. There are Beta is Ethiopian Jews. Inside of Israel. There are asylum seekers from Eritrea and Sudan inside of a southern Israel in the Negev. There are Hebrew Israelites in Demona. I've made a film called Black in the Holy Land, which looks at each of these groups and talks about their applight through the lens of the occupation. That should be out in the next few months. The trailer is still online, but the films about a few months. That gets at these things. So we have to care. But to your questions about what gets us peace, justice has to be the precondition for peace. It always has been and so until people get justice, there won't be peace. We can have debates about what justice looks like, but at the core, Palestinian people have to have their right to live with safety, with peace, with dignity, and with self determination. And that safety, peace, dignity, and self determination does not have to come at the expense of Jewish people. It cannot for the exact same reason. We have to create an outcome that allows everyone to live, everyone to thrive, and everyone to coexist. But I don't want to leave here with the idea that I'm offering some kumbayab. All sides matter, both sides are the same. No, there is an occupation happening. There is an apartheid state that exists. There is a genocide that is happening. And this has been happening for decades and now over a century, and so we have to address that. And as the United States, it's not just about us jumping in to be peaceful or nice or philanthropic. We're funding it, we're arming it, we're defending it diplomatically in the UN. We have to stop our role, but the global community also has to impose order and injustice. Again, not just an Israel Palestine, because that's the last thing we should be worried about. The International Criminal Court in a whole bunch of places. We should be thinking about the ICJ as well, in a bunch of places. Right now, the ICC is the ACC right, the Africa Criminal Court, we only seem to find them the energy to lock people up when they're brown and black. We should be looking around the globe to impose order in justice because international law is only as good as it's enforcement, and right now it's not nienforced.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: One of the questions I wanted to ask you is is going back to Nigeria because I'm intrigued by this because it's a political debate that comes up quite often. And just this week, those shut its doors, right, those dismantled a lot of what we did throughout the world in terms of soft power, et cetera. And there's been this void that has been filled by the Chinese. But talk about this kind of global nexus and competition that we're seeing for what are the resources of black people on the continent of Africa. I don't think that people truly understand that there is I think, I mean, I agree with everything you said, but I also think this is a proxy war against the Chinese in Africa that we're going to see play out. And the people that are not going to the people who are going to suffer the most are people who look like us.
Speaker 13: I think that's one hundred percent right History Mark twenty I think said, you know, history doesn't repeat itself, but you know it rhymes. You know, this is very similar what we saw in the first part of twenty century. When we think about the scramble for Africa, when we think about after World War One, when suddenly Europe was after you know, after the immin Empire sort of collapsed. You saw what happened in the Middle East. You see what happened in Africa. You saw people taking over countries. I mean very explicitly and directly and at best they said, you know, you people aren't ready for democracy. You people aren't ready for freedom. We'll control it until you're ready to control it for yourselves. Now, in this century, it looks and sounds very similar. These are failed states, These are governments that can't control themselves. These are people who are who are prone to violence, you know, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, and so they can't it's not politically proper anymore to come in and just literally, you know, juridically take over at nation. So what they do is they take over the economies, they take over the stuff that map y'all can run it, you know, you call an empire on the cheap, right, y'all can run it. You can be president. Yeah, yeah, you're president. Right, But I'm controlling the destiny of your nation. I'm controlling the economic life of the nation. And you're right. China got the jump start on this. I remember being in Tanzania. Uh, maybe it was when a Barack Obama was winning the primary, so whenever, that was eight and I remember watching how much of Tanzania was Indian and Chinese and being somewhat shocked by it because I just didn't have the analysis yet. And then I went to other countries on the continent and saw the same thing. And now the United States, which is behind, is trying to catch up. And again, what's the best way to catch up and overtake a place? Disaster capitalism? How do you create a disaster by creating a moral panic or a crisis? How do you create a moral panic or a crisis? You point to the dominant group and say you're being you're being persecuted. Oh my god, the Christians are being killed everywhere. And again my heart goes out to all the Christians who are dying there. They're just not the only people dying. But a bunch of muscle was dying in Africa doesn't, doesn't turn the media on, but a bunch of Christians dying in America does. And so we're able to intervene, and suddenly there's crisis, there's war, there's battle, there's clean up. We're rich again, right, and that becomes the sort of pattern that we keep seeing historically in Latin America, on the continent of Africa, and in the in the geographic and political Middle East, and so I think we need to think about all that stuff. I got the role unfortunately speaking to the Middleast that I got an out zero show. I do want to ask people. I started a Patreon and I would love people to support it. If you go to patreont com, mark Lamont Hill Official and sign up. It allows me to do the work that I do outside of the corporate media.
Speaker 5: Ward.
Speaker 13: I can't do independent or grassroots or black or any other kind of radical journalism. If I have to be beholding the corporate checks, so please support that Patreon. I'm talking about y'all three too. Uh and my dear sister Tiffany go to Patreon and sign up and I greatly appreciate it. But Kari, I'm gonna text you too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, drop your drop your OnlyFans so everybody we can get the full full Mark lamon here.
Speaker 13: Those who know no, they seen these feet, they know.
Speaker 2: Mark on that note, are you about to take your feet to the cheesecake factory or not?
Speaker 13: We need royalties for that, yo, We need royalties for that. And I ain't heard from Paris since you ever talked to them.
Speaker 2: Paris has disappeared. I think Donald Trump kidnapped you that Where is he at.
Speaker 13: Paris?
Speaker 11: Paris?
Speaker 2: Holler at us, blink if you see us and you converted to the other side, if you swap places with Nikki, will put you on the podcast.
Speaker 4: You welcome home.
Speaker 13: To come home all right, safely, all right, talk to y'all. Fee who cares about truth?
Speaker 5: In the last morning seen.
Speaker 1: That interview was dope with Mark and smart smart man. I wanted to kind of wrap up the show. I mean, there's not much left to be said. Sometimes you, as we say down South, you gotta leave well enough alone, Andrew give us a call to action.
Speaker 3: If you don't happy Thanksgiving, everybody, we showed up for you on this thanks for giving a week as a lot of folks are off, including.
Speaker 6: My three kids that are upstairs. They need to let out of the room. They've been in there for hours. But I feed them, y'all.
Speaker 3: I would just say, really, if you do get the opportunity to take time, no matter how big or small the gathering is, try to put down our devices and give some like devoted attention to the to the people who.
Speaker 6: We don't have forever with and they don't have forever with us.
Speaker 3: So try to enjoy the space that we occupy, you know, doing more than just breathing together while we're on our cell phones, but chatting, talking, getting to know our aunts, uncles, cousins, and them asking questions of our elders that might make them feel for a moment that they're more than just your grandparent or a grand or a great aunt, but they that they're people too, that they're seeing through the lens of like these people have full lives and still living. What are some things I can learn from them, So Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that mine is. I'm gonna let Angela go last to kind of take us into the holiday weekend. But mine is kind of simple. Something we talked about earlier with rankin County. But I just want us to pay attention to the people that are in the shadows doing this Thanksgiving. I know that we get all geared up and giddy about celebrating family when there are people out there sometimes that don't have much to celebrate. Let's make sure that we see them. I try to make time to see everyone, those people who clean up the hotels, those waiters and servers, those people sometimes we just simply ignore or put our nose up to. Thinking a lot about our brothers and sisters who are in jail, in prison, trying to change life, trying to do better about themselves. I think that we should give them some grace and remember that most of us out here trying to make sure that our tomorrow is better than our yesterday. So Happy Thanksgiving from the Seller's Family, or since we've been giving props to them earlier, Happy Happy Things given from the Seller's Plan. Since Andrew wanted to make sure that we stayed on on track to tell you you can't play with kids these days.
Speaker 4: If the Black clansmen.
Speaker 6: Were killed kids, if the kids are for kids.
Speaker 2: Black plansmen, please yield. Okay, So I just want to share this with you all because I love this so much. There's a clip that's going around online, uh with some great black boy joy since that's kind of our closing theme anyway, I want to just share this with you all, so please check it out. I had y'all like, so for those of you who are listening and can't see, uh, there's this moment where a young black man is walking through the aisles of a store getting it, riding around and getting He's dancing like bringing people in, and his joy and his energy is contagious. I pray that your holiday feels just like that joy and after that, because I'm gonna give you a till Thursday to hit the stores, but by Friday, I need you to come on to the other truths because what's most important in this moment is our good Sister Latasha's telling us. The folks on the target fast are telling us we ain't buying. So please make sure that after you dance through the hours of the store till Thursday. After that, we ain't buying it. So that's my call to action. Make sure you won't buy it.
Speaker 1: As always, we want to remind everyone to leave us a review and subscribe to the Native lamppod. We want to say thank you. I mean, our ratings and subscribers and everything have been doing amazing and it's all because of the listeners.
Speaker 5: And it's all because seven episodes.
Speaker 1: Join the show. We're available on all podcast platforms and YouTube. If you're looking for shows like Hours, check out the other shows on the Reason Choice Media Network, Politics with Jamil Hill, Off The Cup with Ssie Cup, and Now you Know with Noah Debrassia Debarcity, how do you.
Speaker 5: Pronounce the last name?
Speaker 1: Day Baro, Dave Barasso and Now you Know with Noah de Barasso. Be sure to give those a follow, and don't forget to follow us too on social media and subscribe to our text or email list on Native landpod dot com. We are Bacari Sellers, Angela Riie, Tiffany Cross, and Andrew Gillum. Welcome home, y'all. There are three hundred and forty four days until midterm election.
Speaker 16: Welcome home to the natives landing on the podcast face. That's a for greatness. Sixty minutes is so hit, not too long for the great shit, high level combo politics in a way that you could taste it then digested. Politics touches you even if you don't touch it.
Speaker 13: So get invested.
Speaker 16: Cross the t's and doctor I kill them, got them ass sellers, staying on business of Rye. You could have been anywhere, but you trust us. Native Land Pod is the friend that you can trust.
Speaker 1: Native Lampod is a production of iHeartRadio and partnership with reisent Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows,