Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Draft King sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL, is bringing you yes an offer that will help you win money in the NFL playoffs. New customers, bet five bucks. That's it. Five bucks, that's it, five dollars any game and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. Are you kidding me? I? Bet five that's it? Download the Draft Kings sports Book app now. It takes ninety seconds and put in colin C l I N. Easy pazy, New customers, five bucks, that's all you have to bet and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets only on the DraftKings sports Book. The code is colin c l I N and the crown is yours. Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight Hope n Y or text Hope n Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eighty eight seventy eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort ks licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction Voyden, Ontario. Bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. S Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Basketball terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources. All right, we have a good hour for you. John Middlecoff is going to be showing up in about ten twelve minutes. Former NFL scout. We do about fifty to fifty five minutes every Sunday night. Let me start it off by saying, that's one of the great performances by a quarterback I have seen. And I know he had turnovers, but thirty of thirty eight for three hundred and sixty yards and that quarterback run with about three minutes left, That dude is an all time talent. Now, Josh makes mistakes. He had three turnovers, but first he's first Miami been whining all year that I don't respect him. They got one win over a team of winning record, Dallas, and if Dallas doesn't botch a handoff near the goal line, they go up fourteen to three. And there's a big chance they win that game. Miami has not proven they can beat Buffalo. Forget it. Josh Allen owns the Miami Dolphins. You know how Brady was going to own a part of the Dolphins. Josh Allen does. I mean once again tonight, they can't stop him. He's just a remarkable player. And two is a nice quarterback. The difference between two and Josh Allen. One manages a game sometimes well sometimes not very consistently against winning teams, and the other guy, you know, Josh Allen did not make the Pro Bowl, If that's not a joke. Josh Allen led the NFL in touchdowns. What you watched tonight, which allows the Bills now to have a home game against the Steelers in the playoffs. Good luck to whoever's quarterbacking the Steelers. But you just watched one of the great playmakers. I think Fangio earlier this week said it it's like John Elway. Plus that's a lot what Elway looked like tonight. Elway threw some picks. Elway had a big arm. He would make big throws, take big swings, big cuts, big chances. But John Elway just didn't play like other quarterbacks. He just didn't look like other quarterbacks, and that is Josh Allen. I thought Miami got some real breaks in this game. First of all, the missed PI by the officials. Next play, Josh Allen throws a pick, and then at the end of the half there was a helmet to helmet collision. They didn't call it. Bill's would have gotten another play. So a couple of officiating breaks did go. I thought Miami's a way in the first half. But be that as it may. You know, Josh allen three turnovers kept the Dolphins in the game. But I just I watched that game all night, and you know, one team's got almost five hundred yards of toldlafense, dominating on third down, has the better quarterback, and I just this is a Lobbses. This is a completely lopsided series. It's why I like Buffalo to win this game. Another winning week with the Blazing five, three and two. So that sets up some really interesting matchups in the AFC playoffs. John and I are going to talk a lot about the NFC matchups. So on Saturday, you know, Baltimore is the number one seed, so they get rest. Cleveland is going to go to Houston. That's a listen. I like Cleveland to cut some veterans on that team. Houston feels a little like Green Bay to me, where just making the playoffs is really impressive. Now it's hard to bet against c J. Stroud at home, it really is. And the Cleveland defense is different on the road than it is at home. So that's a really, really good game. I'd probably lean Cleveland, but c J. Stroud just I mean, he surprises us every week. He's just he's just a remarkable player. How easy and effortless of a thrower is c J. Stroud. So I'm really happy the Texans made it in over the Colts. I want to see the best quarterbacks in the sport make the playoffs. And Flacco, the old guy against the kid. It's a really interesting matchup. Dolphins now will go to Kansas City. It's supposed to be freezing in Kansas City. That's a terrible matchup.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: You know, again, the Dolphins are banged up, so they don't have the pass rush stated earlier this season, and tonight you saw multiple starters go down, so you know, I got to keep your eye on their health. I would give Kansas City the edge there, and you know, I've been saying this. People don't want to acknowledge it. But not a lot of dome teams and warm weather teams win the Super Bowl. If you look at our recent dynasties, you know, Kansas City, New England Forever, you know, and teams like Philly and Baltimore. I've always been so good, such good franchises. So it's a little bit of a man. Listen. I live in Los Angeles now, when I go, you know, and I'm in cold weather, I can go up to Portland, you know, and it's forty eight degrees and I'm like, oh, yeah, yeah, it's damp, it's cold, And I'm thinking I grew up in this. I never once thought it was damp or cold when I was up there. It was just Portland. So it's a tough draw for Miami. But can't win at home tonight them the breaks Steeters at Buffalo. Obviously, I like Buffalo. I think Buffalo's getting to the AFC Championship and the Bills again. One of the reasons the Bills are so good for the NFL. You just get everything, you just get big quarterback plays and this giant freewheeling, massively talented, occasionally mistake grown quarterback. It's such great television. It's such great television. You know, people forget Nama threw more picks than he did touchdowns l way through a lot of picks. Historically, a lot of the great quarterbacks have not been Brady, have not been you know, thirty seven touchdowns, seven picks. That's you know, Aaron Rodgers. Historically, Mahomes doesn't throw a ton of picks. A lot of the great quarterbacks have. They're playmakers. And so I think Buffalo is just a great team in the playoffs. You know, I think Baltimore Buffalo, and I'd probably go with Kansas City not with a great deal of confidence. Those are the three teams I like, Yeah, I'm just so blown away tonight by Josh Allen. I don't the mistakes don't bother me. They really don't. What. I never worry about the floor. I'm always into the ceiling. And you know that's why. You know, when you look at these NFL drafts and you're looking at these young quarterbacks, I just I look at Michael Pennock throw a ball. You know, am I going to be paralyzed? That he's he's had injuries before. You know, I look at Josh Allen and I think there's Josh Allen, mahomes Lamar Jackson. Those are the three most talented quarterbacks on the planet. Not saying oh it was the best, but I mean two is a really good quarterback with an off defensive coach and great weapons, and I mean he looked like a guy, you know, pedestrian, you know, Pro Bowl guy, look pedestrian on the field with Josh Allen tonight, You're just you're watching one of the all time great players. And I know I'm supposed to be really bummed out by the interceptions and the turnovers, and he did keep the Dolphins in the game. But you know, the bigger the swing, the more the strikeouts, and sometimes Josh just you know, he had a bad end zone pick. It happens. God that scrambled with three minutes left in the game. That is I mean, these are pro athletes, you know, right, Like I didn't have a pro athlete in my county where I grew up. These are pro athletes, and Josh Allen is flying. It's like a little kid at a mall running through traffic, you know, against pro athletes diving for a first down. And this is a six six and a half guy. He is just crazy to watch jumps off the television. That scramble that went. The right team won tonight. Josh Allen's team won, made some mistakes, but the right team won. They were the best team all night, had the officials working against them for a half, but they the right team one tonight. Let's go to John Middlecoff, former NFL scout. Hi, everybody, and welcome in. It's the Colin Coward Podcast, our Sunday night ritual. John Middlecoff a former NFL scout with the Philadelphia Eagles. He has his three and Out podcast. We chop it up for about fifty to fifty five minutes, and let's start John. The draft order for those draft knicks out there, and it really came down to the last second. Chicago, Washington, New England won two. Three will all take quarterbacks? I presume Arizona four, Chargers five won't. Marvin Harrison Chargers may move down or take the tight end out of Georgia brock Bowers. They need a tight end. Then it's Giants, Tennessee, Atlanta, Chicago Jets round out in the top ten. Jets need a left tackle, they may move up. Actually I could see the Chargers and the Jets potentially making a trade because the Jets need a left tackle. But it should go quarterbacks heavy in the draft. So any thoughts right out before we get to the playoff picture, any thoughts on the draft it. You know, Chargers look like to me, the team that literally needs to go down. They don't need a left tackle, a quarterback, or an edge rusher, and this draft at the top is loaded. I think they have to move down.
Speaker 1: To me, they would have Brock Bowers or a big time skill guy written all over them. I think that's fair to say. Maybe an edge rusher. You know, Bos has been banged up. Ma's not going to be on the team. But to me, we get asked constantly, you know who are going to be the top quarterbacks? We don't know who's going to be making these choices. I mean, the Bear situation. I'm sorry I didn't really buy into the last month. I know they were playing better on defense. Look who they were beating. The quarterback has thrown five touchdowns since the middle of November. Like he's gone, like he's not going to be their quarterback next time? Yeah, who is Ebraflu's back for sure? I mean by the time people are listening to this, who knows. I don't think it's a lot Ron Rivera's done. Who's going to be their coach? Could it be Belichick? I know there are reports saying that it's not gonna be him, but everyone's reporting Belichick's out. So you're talking about three teams. Even if we assume Eberflus comes back. To me, Justin Fields is gone, they're taking a quarterback. Who is the guy making the decision in Washington, New England? I mean, obviously Washington's gonna be blown out. Everybody. New England's had the same human being for two and a half decades deciding everything. I mean that is now. I don't expect it to happen on Black Monday. Well, it's possible that that's one of the bigger stories in the history of the NFL. I mean, when a guy like Bill Belichick's no longer their coach, so to me, until we find out who their coach is, I have no clue what quarterback they'd even like.
Speaker 2: So let's start with this. Let's start with Chicago. I mean, at one point Justin Fields had eighty nine yards throwing midway through the third awful on third down, four point two yards of play. They gave him an excellent tight end. They got him another tied end the game of number one receiver, o lines, middle of the pack, serviceable running backs, more than capable offensive coordinator. This is not one of these Brice Young situations where you may not like him. He's got nothing to work with. They furnished Justin Fields with more than enough, more than C. J. Stroud arguably has.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud didn't have four starters in the on line the first three or four games he played. It was a mess. So and he has a defensive coach similarly, So, I watched Justin Fields today. One of the things that's so obvious is Jordan Love, you know, sees the field really well. Now he can be erratic and inconsistent, but I watched C. J. Stroud, Jordan Love, they see the field. I watch Justin Fields hold on to that ball on third down. John, it's this. It's a Zach Wilson thing. I've bet we've both been on this. Some guys it's just they either don't see it, they don't let it rip they lack confidence. But I watch justin field today, I'm like, guys, come on, who are we? Who are we talking about? It'd be one thing if Bo Nicks was the best quarterback in the draft. For sure, we have like guys that appear to be like Pennix is at least generationally accurate, Like it doesn't even look like most college guys Kleb's are. I mean, this is a rocket athletically. So would you bring Eberflus? We're both on field. Isn't the guy you can get a second round pick at Lanta? Need to quarterback? Ritters very weak? What do you do with Eberflus? In your opinion?
Speaker 1: Yeah, to me, he's gone. I'm all in for Jim Harbaugh. Now is that an actuality with you know, Kevin Warren there and the way the Bears are operating. I don't feel confident, But to me, that's the no brainer move. He's played there, he's thriving in that kind of region, you know, the big ten guy. I go all in for Jim Harbaugh. And to me today, like obviously two quarterbacks when two teams are playing, the quarterbacks are never on the field at the same time. But one comes on the other comes off, so you can kind of evaluate him perfectly throughout the game. I did all. To me, that was easily the most interesting game of the day. I couldn't wait for it. Fields is an athlete to plays quarterback. Jordan Love is a quarterback who happens to be an athlete. I mean, what they've done, Lafour deserves credit. He looks. He made some throws today that you're like, damn, yeah, that little rogers. I mean sometimes that's been thrown out there, but he was doing that today. His pocket presence he is now, he'll move, but it's a little more calm and sliding where Fields he runs, so sometimes he runs right in the pressure instead of just sliding left or sliding right. He does not have a feel for that. To me, I just don't think he's not a calm player. Now. He could make some highlight throws. If you just took five plays today that were on the highlight, they'd be as good as any plays today. Run and left thrown across his body is right when he runs. He's an elite athlete. He's just not a very good quarterback when it comes to throwing from within the pocket, where Jordan Love has kind of shot off like a rocket ship. I think they had ten games to go after their buy and gouda Con said, yeah, these ten games are gonna define this guy's career for Green Bay. And he defined it like they got their quarterback. They're going to the playoffs. They did what they couldn't do last year, right win and get in at home against the divisional team. And he was awesome today. He made some the best plays of the day by far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so you know it's interesting. So in the NFC, San Francisco gets your buye. There's only one buy now Baltimore in the AFC, San Francisco. In the NFC, Dallas and Green Bay. So I think it's a tough reason. I don't like Green Bay in the spot. They're the youngest team in the playoffs by a chunk. Young teams generally don't go on the road and win playoff games they can. Cincinnati did a few years ago, fairly young. But Dallas also is an extraordinarily good and confident home team. So I would take Dallas over Green Bay. My guess is the lines like minus three and a half minus four, what say you on that game? I just think Green Bay. It's a big ad. I think getting to the playoffs, you have to be so happy where Green Bay is. They found their quarterback, their young receivers are twitchy and fun Joe Barry. It probably gets moved, but I do think in the rare instances, John just getting to the playoffs as a win. And I think of all the playoff teams, the Texans and the Packers.
Speaker 1: Totally with you. They can lose by twenty this weekend. Yep, no one should frown, no one should be mad, and they won't be. Green Bay is an incredible to go. To go from Farv to Rogers to what has potential to be a just a ten year, fifteen year starting court. It never happens. I mean, the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life was Montana young Garcia. And if this guy is just Garcia, they're in great spot. And honestly, he looks a little better. So I'm with you. I don't like the Packers defense look good. Today they were playing a court Dacory struggles Dallas, who was kind of on cruise control today throws up thirty points with their eyes closed. So that's a matchup that I mean couldn't you see them losing by twenty plus points. I mean, that's gonna be very, very difficult.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we start with that, and we're going to do some NFC stuff before we move to the AFC, because I started this tonight. I'm gonna do some commentary by my solo on that on Miami and Buffalo. So let's go to Rams at Detroit, which is a rivening opening round playoff game. Jesus Stafford goes back home. It's goff again, Stafford. This is a tough one. I think I don't love this. I'm prone to take Detroit, but I'll tell you the game. The fascinating thing about the Rams, who have lost once in I couldn't tell you that the Baltimore loss I watched how should have won a special team's mistake. Ram's only loss in forever is Baltimore. Baltimore has destroyed Miami, destroyed San Francisco, destroyed, Seattle destroyed. Rams went in there early game West Coast team, early East Coast game and out played them. So much of me wants to take Detroit. Where do you lean on this?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, as we're recording this right now, Wolf to see where Detroit's injuries come out. I mean their star tight end was out for the game with a knee injury. If he doesn't play, that's a massive blow. One of their good defensive players, the high draft pick from I think Alabama, he got injured. That they had suffered a lot of injuries today for a game that they did not need to win, especially if you had to assume Washington or Washington was gonna lose the Cowboys. And I know Dan Campbell the mindset, and I know Laporta was chasing a rookie record, but that is a massive, massive blow. And one thing I jotted down Poka Nakua. You know, usually one individual changes your team as a rookie, it tends to be the quarterback, right like what CJ. Stroud is for Houston. Coupa helped change the Ramps. I mean, think how long they've been waiting for a second weapon outside Cooper Cup and he's just basically another Cooper Cup. I mean, you get two guys that can get one hundred and ten catches with their eyes closed. He was I mean, he set the record today. They were crying. He was awesome. Now they have a backup quarterback. How about Carson Wentz today. He looks kind of capable. You know that he made himself a lot of money today because there were a lot of questions about him, the attitude and stuff. You go to McVeigh like Baker last year, you act like a good guy. You're humbled his I mean, he's definitely one of the best sixty four quarterbacks in this in America. But yeah, I'm with you. I got to see where these injuries come out. I would have just taken Detroit assuming they were all healthy. But if you tell me they're missing Laporta, the Rams, the way Stafford's playing, they're gonna have. I mean, is there a hotter team them in the Packers. But the Rams, like you said, the level of play, who they've been playing, how well they've been playing, even the day to win with their backups against the Niners, and kind of impress the fashion they were down, they had a game winning drive, they forced a turnover at the end, Like they're kind of just vibing right now. So I might take the Rams when it's all said done, and and I'm a Lion's Dan Campbell supporter, but I did not like the injuries today and that matchup yeah, yea. I think I'm taking the Rams as we sit here today.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. Both offenses are explosive Pooka, Cooper Cup, Kyron Williams, Taylor Higbee, Tyler Higbee, Matt Stafford mcvay's brain, and they have you know, Detroit's got it. What worries me about Detroit and the Rams do some of this too. You can beat both these secondaries over the top. So my take is you can have some points. That's gonna be a really good game with some points. What worries me about the Rams though, God, their special teams are a liability the Baltimore game. So I look at that Detroit Rams game and I see thirty twenty seven, and I can tell you mcvey's big concern is, even if we don't give up something over the top, because the Rams are young in the secondary and they've been burnt over the top. You saw Detroit today got smoked over the top multiple times. That I fashioned that is one of the best opening playoff games we've seen in years. Rams Detroit could be thirty three thirty.
Speaker 1: We don't know the times. As we're recording this. I'd put that on Monday Night Football I think that'd be pretty cool. Lions Detroit first playoff game and forever, first time they've won the division in forever getting Matt Stafford, I mean, their former quarterback who had some success with them, who was part of one of the more famous trades probably in franchise history. I hope that's the Monday Night game because that would be pretty cool. And remember just a couple of years ago, the Rams played on Monday Night football against the Arizona Cardinals end up winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Philadelphia, a five seed, will go to Tampa. Tampa's got a puncher's chance playing with house money. I I don't like what I see from Philadelphia. You take Shane Steichen out of Nick Siriani's career and he looks over his head. This team's getting worse by the week. I mean that shit today was embarrassing. And I've always liked Tyrod Taylor.
Speaker 1: Boy. Ugh, I again, Baker's limping around is the only.
Speaker 2: Problem is he is? I you know, I would have said Philadelphia before that game, but the way it turned out, You're like, what is going on? It's like players almost quit. Is that a message by them? Who would you take Philadelphia or Tampa boy A J.
Speaker 1: Brown injured, Hurts dislocated a finger. No team has worse mojo right now, headed into the playoffs in the Philadelphia Eagles. And listen, your big thing is offensive coaches, and I agree with you. Now, I'm not totally opposed to defensive coaches. The right guy, you know, Vrabel's proven to be legit. Yeah, Demiko's a star. My defensive coach if he's young, right under fifty, has to be a play caller. What happens Saturday night, Demiko's calling the defense, Shane Sykin's calling the offense. I'm not looking for a CEO that's forty one years old here in the NFL. Right if it's you know, Bill Belichick, some of these Pete Carroll, I get it. Jim Harbaugh. Nick Sirian is a CEO head coach. He's like forty two years old. I mean, what's he bringing to the table. His motivation is clearly not working. So schematically we saw last night, everyone's crushing Shane Sykin. At the end of the game. He called the time out because he knew the defense. He was playing mental games with him and Demiko were going at they were scheming up against each other all night long, and he called the right play. The guy just dropped it bad pass to me, I don't really know what Siriani's doing. I mean he's pacing around. They're losing their leaking oil. He has no ability to pass that leak right now, and it's getting worse. There are more leaks popping up. Like you said, you could argue that you know, they're probably assuming the Cowboys are gonna win, so maybe they didn't take the game as seriously. But that effort was gutless, like they weren't even trying. They might as well have just said, hey, let's just we'll just give you guys the win. We'll just walk off the field.
Speaker 2: Look at the effort the Rams had today with Carson Wentz. It was a stupendous effort. I always think when you mail in an effort, you disrespect your boss. If I at my last show at foul, let's say I'm seventy years old, I'm leaving Fox. If I'm mail in my last show, that's disrespecting my boss.
Speaker 1: Who didn't try today. Colin every game, Arizona's trying, even Jacksonville lost trying. Everyone today. Whether you were in the playoffs or not. It's football. No, these contracts are guaranteed, all these coaches. Everyone tries to me they were the one team that were Atlanta. I mean, they're kind of a disaster. But to me, Philly, like, where's your pride? What's going on? Especially you know you're playing next week?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You're not a buy team. It's not like this game doesn't matter, like you're the forty nine ers to mail in an effort like that. With the way everything's been going, I don't know. To me, Philly can lose at any moment, and I don't love the matchup for Tampa to beat Philly. Hope, you know, maybe Baker gets a little more healthy, because to me, he looks, you know, like fifty sixty seventy percent max and he's not talented enough to overcome that. But yeah, I don't. I wouldn't feel. I wouldn't put any money on the Philadelphia Eagles right now. That's for damn sure.
Speaker 2: No, I would you though I said this last week, i'd give I would have no problem. You know, Baker struggled with injuries. You know, he's one of those guys that plays he's got some alpha, some times he'd you'd be like, slide, get out of bounds, don't wait. You know, sometimes he'll take a hit because it's part of his hutz, but it's part of his sort of his shield, it's part of his personality. Is I'm a tough guy. I'm one of you. And there's almost a Jim McMahon quality to it. You like Jim Slide. Jim took some shots. I would give Baker. I'd have no problem, no misgivings, giving Baker a two to a three year deal if it's in the threes, you know, thirty one thirty. Garoppolo got a deal, and I think Baker throws a better ball than Garoppolo. Would you have a problem with it?
Speaker 1: That number seems a little high to me. I mean I ideally had like like one fifteen. But again, you know, the quarterback market can get weird. Who are you really betting against with him? You know, at those type numbers. I mean, we'll see. The quarterback market always changes. Like you said, Jimmy Garoppolo. The difference with Jimmy though, you can nitpick them all you want, and he's not good anymore. He had been a part of a winner. People you know the teammate. No one ever questioned him, no one ever had any issues with him in terms of internally in the locker room. I know Baker doesn't now, but there were a lot of question marks. To me, did you get for like under twenty million dollars just one year? I would try to take a deep breath and not try to overreact. Now he wins a playoff game, a two year deal, you know, still to me, it's like forty million dollars, maybe guarantee twenty five or something. You like, where'd you get this guy just played for four million dollars, So you know, maybe just factor in where you're at. I would try You've seen some of these happen with those mid tier guys when you overpay and it kind of goes the other way. Because the other thing with Tampa, I mean, they have some older players, so is this kind of the end of the wrung for their kind of run and they're kind of in a transitionary time Because sometimes you do that, then all of a sudden you realize, well, we're not quite the same team as last year. Is Mike Evans back on the team, You know, you have some turnover. Then you're like, I wish we wouldn't have done that, but he clearly has ingratiated himself to Jason Light I mean, Todd Bowles, you gotta give him some credit. I know the division suck, but they wanted for the third straight year to win it without Tom Brady. You know, New Orleans got to be kicking themselves because they had no business not winning this divisions. That's pretty embarrassing. I know a lot of people act like Dennis Allen's coming back, and clearly Dennis Allen's just fine. And in fairness to New Orleans, they didn't want Sean Payton to leave. That's why he had a trade for him that they would have liked to keep them. But that's you know, Derek started playing well these last couple of weeks. Where the hell was that in the middle of the season, he just plays something like that. In the middle of the season, they might win this division by a couple of games, and to me, I would take them a lot more seriously the way they're playing, So Philly might get lucky that they're playing in Tampa not New Orleans right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, Derek has played better in the last month, and you know it's a new system, a defensive coach couldn't It could have taken longer. I still think, I really do think that New Orleans has the most talent in the division. I think are the best team. But we've seen this before. A quarterback gets I mean, I don't think Pittsburgh is a is a very viable playoff team. They're a one and done to me. I think New Orleans could win a playoff game. I actually think Seattle kind of could win a playoff game. I Tampa with a Banga Baker Mayfield. I don't know. So let's let's kind of pivot over here to the AFC. So the biggest story of note Jay Glazer reporting that you know, Belichick's gone, They're going to meet seven thirty Eastern time. That's a four thirty am our time, that Belichick is is going to meet with Robert Kraft. And you know, Jay reporting he's gone. You know, I kind of look, there's a term that states have used in the center Midwest part of the country called the brain drain. When your college graduates leave and they go to New York in LA and San Francisco and the coast in Florida, and it's called a brain drain, and your state gets older people more reliant on social services, and the college graduates young smart people leave. I think this is what Belichick went through. Dante Scarnecki, a best online coach along with Bill Callahan in the in the NFL, leaves, but at the same time Brady leaves, Josh Daniels leaves and Ernie Adams. You know, one of the smart guys upstairs. You had a brain drain, and they were mostly mostly Dante, Josh and the goat Tom on the offensive side of the ball. And as a defensive coach. He's just not equipped to be able to replace those. So what does he do. He replaces a lot of people with what he's familiar with. You know, a Son a Joe, Judge, Matt Patricia. He replaces, not with the best on the market, he replaces them as an older coach in his seventies, on who he knows. And I think it was a NFL brain drain he lost. I mean, Brady is playing chess. McDaniels for all the negatives, Philip go to Daunte probably the best o lineman coach. You know. I've talked to multiple guys that had him. It's like Colin. It's just different. And so I think I don't think Bill's great with personnel the draft, but I just that's how it to me is he's just not equipped to reboot this franchise offensively. Is that too harsh? No?
Speaker 1: I think there were two downfalls of him, and number one, like you touched on his unwillingness to go outside the Patriot way when it came to coaches. You know, Andy Reid will hire a linebacker coach from Kentucky, right, I mean he hired Sutton before he got Spagnola to be his defensive coordinator, Eric b Enemy. They had never worked together. He was a running back coach, bounced around different places. He didn't know him. But he was willing to go outside of just the people that he knows. And that doesn't mean you can't bring in people you're comfortable with. Belichick is unwilling to do that, right, Look at this year, he needed an offensive coordinator desperately. There are a million Shanahan cronies all over the place working for them all. He could have got one of those young guys and just maybe tried to spice things up. Who do you go with? Bill O'Brien? I mean, that's he was unwilling to go. He didn't even entertain it was a lock, Like who's going to be his offensive coordinator? Everyone's like Bill O'Brien, Bill O'Brien, Bill O'Brien, and to me the other thing. And this goes back to Brady. He is Walsh two point zero right, sold a year early instead of held on a year late. And he had wanted a short Brady for a long time. Now he's Brady's an all time outlier. So he was always going to be wrong on shorting Brady as the stock. But he did have Jimmy Garoppolo who he felt comfortable with and he did not want to leave. But Brady, by winning that Super Bowl and the power that he had at the time until that nineteen season, Belichick got a little more juice to do it. But Jimmy was gone, so he had his I'm not saying Jimmy Garoppolo Steve Young, He's clearly not. But he had his transition guy there that he knows he could have played with and competed with, because if he just had a capable quarterback. I mean, how many games did Belichick lose this year? Like nine to three? Ten to six. It's not because he doesn't know what he's doing. His offense is a joke and he has he can't change that, and he's unwilling to hire Bobby Slowick or the next Shane Stiken. He's not going to do that. He just refuses. To me, why I like Bill Belichick somewhere else is because he could just hire Josh McDaniels back because offensive coordinators available, which is the patriot way he got. But we know they work together. So to me, unwillingness to hire any coach that has not started at twenty two, twenty three years old. For Bill and to the quarterback transition, he just I mean, he fucked it up and some of it was out of his control. But once Jimmy left and he told Brady to go, they didn't have an answer. Remember he had to go with Cam Newton. And then he just took mac Jones at fifteen. He don't take mac Jones at fifteen, but he didn't have a choice, Like what else was he He was desperate at the time, and that was the other thing. They were never over the Brady especially that's third part of the dynasty. They never felt desperate, you know, they never got in desperate situations. And that's what he's felt like the last several years, just always signing guys for a lot of money. That's he doesn't feel comfortable doing that. No quarterback situation. He cut Bailey Zappy at the end of the preseason and that guy played the half the season, So it tells you what he thought of him to begin with. So just yea, as usually it usually doesn't end well, right Phil Jackson, Bill Belichicket, This's usually kind of how it ended. Pete Carroll.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you know you you'd said something earlier staying in the AFC that I prefer offensive coaches. But there is a history that if you have a top defensive coach with a with a top eight nine quarterback in his prime, you win a lot of Super Bowls. So there's there's no question defensive coaches work. I mean, Demiko Ryans gets the right quarterback, they have the balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Over more yeah, yeah, I'm overwhelmingly four offensive coaches. But I do think let's let's pivot now to the charger job. So there's gonna be eight to nine openings. That's clearly the best opening. I mean, hardball is not gonna look at seven of the nine. I mean he, I mean, he's just not gonna He's not gonna look at seven of the nine. So that tells you the only guy with huge options, you know, stay in college, go to pro. The guy that's gonna have fifteen million dollar offers at both laces, or at least in the NFL, he's gonna look number one. He'll look at the Raiders a little because they do have some nice offensive pieces and they'll give him an open checkbook. But he's gonna look at the Chargers. So they got a left tackle, a weapon, a couple edge rushers, though Khalil Mack's probably gone, they'll keep Bosa and Justin Herbert. So in this instance, I would like a head coach. You've tried with Anthony Lynn, Mike McCoy, Brandon Staley. I do think they need a head coach. So this is the this is the instance that I would be comfortable with Dan Quinn, Tomlin, Vrabel or Harball. I can make an argument John that Vrabel's are really good choice here. So what the Chargers haven't been forever since Marty Schottenheimer was there is physical Marty. I mean I remember talking to Charger players and practices are physical, They're brutal. This team doesn't have a physical component. They've got the big names, the toughness, but they don't play tough. If you had the option Vrabel, Belichick, Harball, would you go Harball because I think Vrabel would get a a lot of consideration.
Speaker 1: For me, I would go or Jim Harbaugh on a heartbeat. To me, he's the number He's the number one guy in the market right now. I mean, he just you know, he wins. He is an offensive guy, though he feels much more like a defensive lineman or something. He just he's a can't miss. I don't hate the Vrabel thing, and I think there are a lot of parallels talking to people that have been around for Abel, like Jim Harbaugh, his bravado and alpha when he walks in a room, sucks it all out and he intimidates a lot of people. It's hard for gms, it'd be hard for the Spaniss like with Harbaugh, that these are big personalities and they're big human beings, right so that they are intimidating guys. You know, Vrabel if he leaves Tennessee, which clearly is on the table. It's because he wants to leave because he doesn't like things aren't going his way, Like he wants control. It's part of what Jim's gonna want, right, He's gonna want controls, what Belichick's had forever. It's what Pete likes. So I think he would be a guy that would make the Spanos is also a little uncomfortable, Like he's an uncomfortable guy. He's a Belichick guy. He's an Urban Meyer guy like Bill O'Brien. He thrives being uncomfortable. But that's what the Chargers need. Like, let's face it, they've kind of gone the comfortable route for a decade now with some of these guys and it has not gone well. And I always get back to they've invested all this money in the quarterback to not go Listen, if you can't get Jim Harbo, if you get Mike Raball, I'll give you a standing applause. I mean that's relative to what you had. I mean you can't even compare the two. You can't pay the quarterback two hundred million dollars and not do everything humanly possible when it comes to the coaching staff to go after the best and whatever. If Rabele's gonna cost one hundred million dollars, because I'll tell you this, if Rabel would be interested in Ohio State, they probably fire Ryan Day tomorrow and give the Arabe one hundred and twenty million dollars. So it's just he's going to have options for a lot of money whether he's you know, we could argue till we're blue in the face how much these guys who cares? These are line items when it comes to the amount of money this, this media deals bringing them. This is not even profits. This is just extra money to throw at people.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean, if you look the NFL this year paid like four hundred and twenty five million to each team after it was all said and.
Speaker 1: Done, the salary caps like two hundred ten million dollars. You're not paying your scouts that much money. I'll promise you that. So what a president costs two million dollars, what does it really cost? It doesn't you know, I mean to fill your whole building. You don't even have that many people working for a full People don't realize, like Dean Spanos or Robert Craft, how many people do you actually have working for the team full time? Beside your coaching staff and your players. Not as many as you think. The doctors don't work full time, right, the trainers, the scouts, presidents, some salespeople. But it's not some. This isn't Microsoft. So when you say four hundred and twenty million dollars, if your salary cap is two hundred and twenty million dollars, you probably could pay the rest of the building for ten to fifteen. I guess your coach and stuff twenty five thirty million dollars. I mean you're talking you could easily spend and make that thirty, make it fifty and not even see anything in your bank account. So Dean, they have to with the quarterback, especially Sean Payton's going nowhere, and Andy had the worst season, and you know, Chiefs in like a decade for the Chiefs and then they'll probably win a playoff game. Shows you where they're at. They're not going away, so that the Chargers better not scure around. And the Raiders. I do believe Mark Mark shown if he sits with Harrorball, he's not gonna be just sitting with him to have a sandwich. I mean he's he's willing to pay. He gave John grew to a hundred million dollars seven years ago before hundred million dollars for getting given out.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, it's it's really interesting about the Chargers job. Obviously you're gonna have Payton in it. I'm gonna have Andy reading it. You know. So you got you're gonnap again. Some you know, brilliant guys. But the best job openings in recent years Matt Lafleura got Aaron Rodgers Late Prime. But Aaron's a lot of work and you have no owner, and it's a bad free agent city. And that's about as good a job opening is. You get Aaron late Prime. Dallas McCarthy's a pretty good job, but it's a semi meddaling owner and Dak's limited. This job, I get an a quarterback, a non medaling owner, a team that spent money on Bosa Khalil, Mack Jackson, the corner that whiffed. This is about as good a job I mean. And the other thing that's interesting.
Speaker 1: John Salary Cap has some issues.
Speaker 2: They're gonna move off the one James Clear. They know that they're gonna have to hit on some draft picks. The other thing that cannot be dismissed a it's a good coaching market. Rabels out there, potentially Belichick's out there. Hardballs.
Speaker 1: You have these.
Speaker 2: Years where like Dan Quinn with the Dallas Cowboys is the best candidate available. Who's a good candidate. He didn't win much without Kyle Shanahan. But this has to be considered. The Chargers have the fifth spot, so this is a quarterback, left tackle, and edge rush heavy first round. They don't need any of them. They've got a Bosa. They got the Tully kid from USC so they have two defensive linemen. They love that. Chargers could move down two spots. Tennessee could move up to where the Chargers are. You get a third round pick, a second third round pick. This has draft capital you gotta get. You gotta work your way through some salary cap stuff. Quarterback, left tackle, weapon, edge rusher, non meddling family John. I'm trying not to be a Southern col homer. This is a really good job opening well, like for Dallas.
Speaker 1: For example, for Mike, that's a pressure cooker, right if something were at Sirianni, he's gonna get eaten alive if this goes bad, right, Green Bay, that's an intense job. You better win there or you'll get run a Chargers kind of under the radar. I mean they stuck with Brandon Staley after last year. I'll promise you the Philadelphia Eagles would not have Jerry Jones probably fires him after that situe. He's getting fired in a lot of places. So you could argue just under the radar job. We talk about him a lot because we love the quarterback, but in terms of they don't matter that much in the market, right Their brand for like television ratings isn't that important. Their owner just they would pay. They'd have no problem giving fifteen million dollars if you can just guarantee him like back to back playoff appearances. I mean, that's all the turn that they just can't get to the playoffs back to back years. So if you factor that in the expectations. The other thing with the quarterback is like there aren't questions, right, good kid, elite talent, has already proven that he can succeed in the NFL, right productive, you know, successful in terms of throwing touchdowns, can make all the throws he's been durable. There aren't really question marks with the guy. Like sometimes like at the Eagles job became available. It's like, is Jaling that good? You know, is he truly a forty five to fifty million I think some guys would ask he would have people, They would be interested, but it would be somewhat risky. Rights He's done it one year where you've seen really since Herbert showed up, he was really good. And that's with guys constantly in and out of the lineup.
Speaker 2: And bad coaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you ever could just get some consistency with his offensive personnel, this guy would be the limit. So yeah, I mean, I think we knew that John Payton wanted the job last year. They just wouldn't get off friends salely and they probably at the time weren't quite mentally ready that they.
Speaker 2: They acknowledge they I've talked to multiple people with the Chargers. They acknowledge they should have run him out. They do now it's a mistake. And he was, you know, the classics, always smartest guy.
Speaker 1: In the room.
Speaker 2: They were getting annoyed with him. He'd done some weird analytics stuff, but you know, he got to the playoffs, and you know for the Chargers that you know that was at the time enough. But I think the Chargers are the first to acknowledge, Hey, we should have probably moved off him last year. By the way, it's not the worst thing in the world given a coach, a young coach, thinking he'll grow into it. Most people thought he would grow into it. They lose the opener to Miami in that wild shootout, and you're like, okay, that's that's okay to Miami's got a good offense. But by week three, four five, you're like, God, they're giving up chunks of yards to bad quarterbacks. So I don't crush the Chargers for that. But in a strange way, it's a better coaching market this year for the Chargers, and so they worked in their favor.
Speaker 1: The one thing that worries me with the way we're going in the sense of how much coaches cost. Right, you're paying fifteen, seventeen, eighteen million dollars for these guys. The GM is basically just a player personnel guy. He's GMing title only. And let's face it, a lot of coaches struggle in the draft because they view that. It's hard for them to not have, you know, like an instant gratification view of a guy. Can this guy helped me immediately instead of kind of the twenty thousand foot view that usually personnel people are better at well, once I start paying fifteen seventeen, eighteen million dollars, the coach has all the juice. And that's just it's just a situation. And listen, Kyle Shanahan had it, but John proved himself and they became a balance. Andy Reid, John Dorsey, Brett Veach. He listens to those guys. Even Pete over the years has when he's listened to John, they've done well in the draft. And a lot of these coaches, like is they able to listen to anybody? If you give him sixteen million dollars a year, Jim, what's unique? He's going to know all these kids. So in the draft he's more prepared like Pete is. So you feel a little comfortable for like the first couple of years. It's why Pete set themselves up on that run. But a lot of NFL coaches I got news free aren't the greatest personality evaluators. And you talk to these jams sometimes they butt heads with these guys like I can't talk this guy out of this player. But once you start paying that guy sixteen million dollars. Who's the owner going to side with right? I mean, he's paid employee. There's only probably a couple of players on the team that are gonna be making more than some of these coaches.
Speaker 2: All right, so we've broken down the NFC. I do want to spend a few minutes on Michigan Washington. So because this was the last year the four team playoff, they're moving transitioning to twelve teams. I didn't have any problem leaving Florida State out. You know, you didn't have to answer for years about it anymore. Their final thing was, let's just get these four teams in. We think that the best teams, along with Georgia. But Georgia lost the last game, and say, levit, that's life. I loved how Washington matched up against Texas, and I did pick Michigan narrowly Alabama. The line movement is telling me that the wise guys are on Michigan. I do like Michigan ball controlling Washington here, although I think Washington because I don't think any college team has three good corners. So I just think Washington's going to be able to score, and especially if they're scoring late and Michigan's protecting a ten point lead. Washington's really going to move the ball down the field, so Michigan has to be an aggressive team. You cannot take your foot off the gas with Washington's coach, their quarterback, So let's start with that. I like Michigan sort of thirty twenty six. I think the line's appropriate, but I do like Michigan, and there's going to be points. It will not be Texas Washington. It won't look like that. It'll be much more physical, much more between the twenties, more field goals. But what say you on the prediction, I'll take Michigan.
Speaker 1: Well, you're talking to the biggest Husky fan here, because when I went to DraftKings and they said they all listened to the podcast, I might have spread one thousand dollars on them seven to one. So I'm rooting for them now. If I had to bet after the Texas game, like, I'm not betting on this individual game, I just took it because of the value. And Joel Klatt I heard him on your show. This Michigan team built themselves for that CJ. Stroud explosive Ohio State team, so they're built to handle this now listen, this is Jim Harbaugh. To me, is never going to get a better opportunity to win a championship, and that might come even when he makes it back to the NFL in the Super Bowl. I mean, he's a favored against a team that he clearly should beat. Now, the difference is the Big Ten's pretty bad. I mean, as we had time after the ball season, Ohio State's quarterback out ran out of town. Penn State's quarterback, who I heard for three years was the next Josh Allen was awful. Who's the best quarterback they played this year? Tua Brother? I mean, yeah, I think so. It's not Alabama's guy. So the only saving grace, while I feel kind of good at least having a chance, is like this offense is pretty special. I mean, Penix is when the dust. Unless his knee doesn't check out at the combine like it's a degenerate knee. I don't see how he doesn't get drafted really high. And if he goes on and lights these guys up, even if they lose, I mean, you're talking about a big time NFL quarterback prospect, and he has elite wide receivers now, Michigan has NFL DB's, but they have three NFL wide receivers, one guy who's gonna go in the top fifteen, top twenty. The other two are going on day two and they're all big. They all have great catching radiuses. Their coach. The reason I loved and I told you this last week Washington against Texas. I just thought it was a huge coaching mismatch. Well this, yeah, I mean, Harbaugh's the real deal.
Speaker 2: I mean this is and they have a great DC.
Speaker 1: They have a great DC who's an NFL guy. They have Sharon Moore, who's a Bob Stoops guy who's really good. I mean, they Harbaugh. One thing about Jim Harbaugh, his staff is always good. You know, John can go through ups and downs a little harder than the NFL. Jim staff from the moment he got to Stanford was a leak. So there's no coaching mismatch like honestly, do Boor and Grubb are gonna have to have a great game. They had a good game. Obviously they kind of fell apart at the end. But can Pennix was heven sacked eleven times? Can they get to them? Because if they don't, then to me, Washington will have a chance if they're peppering them. Remember Oregon in the game you were at up in Washington, they start peppering him in the second half. I think that's when he heard his ribs, and over the next month he wasn't the same. But Oregon easily could have won that game because they started mullywopping him like every other play, crushing him. And to me, Michigan's kind of built to do that if they can avoid that. The other thing Washington's really good at, like this running back, let's say he's not even close to sixty percent. They can generate runs with a quick passing game, which is basically the same thing. That's what Andy Reeves always said, Like, I can run these in Kyle, these quick screens that basically are eighty ninety percent completion percentage even if we get four or five yards, keeps the clock going and operates out as a run. And they start doing that against Texas, and no team takes those quick little screens and just gains seven eight yards like Washington. So they're gonna have to hit those and obviously the big plays, which are gonna be harder than some of the games they've played. But I give Washington chance just because of their offensive personnel and defensively, I mean, Trice is an NFL guy. If you know, the Michigan's tackles aren't great. Their interior offensive lines to leap, but their tackles. But is Harball liable to have forty five rushing attempts? Like, we ain't even throw it because he is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know a side note to this. If Harbaugh Jettison's Michigan exits the college football do you know who the number one candidate for the Michigan job is?
Speaker 1: Would have to be Kaylen de boor, right.
Speaker 2: Kaylen de Borer. I read it today. So and what's interesting is, here's what's interesting. I was told a week ago that if and Ryan Day shouldn't be dismissed, but if he was, Ohio State would hire Kaylen de Bor. So here's what's interesting. This is where Ohio State's and kind of screwed. Either got to face Harbaugh going forward, or they're going to make a bid for Kaylin de boor they may also make a bid for Ben Johnson with the Lions. Although you know, no, I would take Caitlin de Bore. But I will say this about a college football, and you know John, Years and years ago, when I was at ESPN, I had told some of the upper management. I said, you guys should go buy UFC. I said, you're living in your Red Sox tunnel Yankees. I said UFC is catching fire in Vegas. And they just thought it was too violent. You know, you look up now. They could have had that thing for four hundred million. It sold for six billion. Years ago I met Don Garber, MLS commissioner, and I told him, I said, I would love to get a piece of an MLS team. Couldn't afford it. You know, it's Tony Robbins, Magic Johnson, you know Will Ferrell. You can't own stock ownership in college football. But I do believe we are. Next year will be the start of an almost revolution of college football, sort of overtaking baseball and the NBA. We're sitting on this playoff format, which we've known. You and I are college football junkies, we've known forever. Can we just have a twelve sixteen teamer?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And I pushed back for years on it because my argument was always, hey, there's never been a team with two to three losses in college football. Though LSU once one and once got to a Natty. I think with two losses Alabama, there's never been a team in college football with two losses that I thought that's the best team in the country. But in retrospect, that's not the point. The point is we love tournaments, and they're fair and they're weird and they give you great drama. I think not only is college football a stock to buy if it was if it's a twelve dollars stock, it's twenty four next year. But I also think the college football playoff is going to become March Madness on steroids. It's going to be NFL playoffs and college football playoffs everything else in sports, like like NBA, you know, everything else domestically. That's my take on what's gonna happen. Just am I hyperbolic? Am I over the top because I do love college football? But I feel like, guys, it's a whole new world next year in college football.
Speaker 1: Well, imagine if we would have had the twelfth team or this year Ole Miss and Oregon and some of these teams that could have made some noise and just made the whole thing really interesting. I don't know where you stand on Jim I'm hoping he stays because the NFL doesn't need him, right historic ratings, They could have me and you coaching teams to get thirty million people watching if you put it on Monday Night football. I think he's better for college football, right, college sports, in my entire college basketball when I was a kid in the nineties was huge. The coaches were really famous, right Tark, Roy Williams, all these guys, And obviously college football has was like that then, but even more now with the Sabans, the Kirby's, Jim Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley. So I hope he stays. And luckily financially, there was always a big gap why guys would leave because the colleges could never match. It's the NFL money. Now, if Michigan wanted to pay him fifteen million dollars a year, they easily could. And that video, Like I don't have kids yet, you do. I do think sometimes you lean towards certain kids. Clearly his parents love Jim a little more than John. Now, Jim's a little I think, closer to Jack personality wise than John's a little more normal from what I've been told, even though all the harbor is a little crazy. I do wonder the thing he has going with his parents living close to him, what he has in Michigan. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope he stays. And I've rooted for Jim Harbaugh every game he's coached in Stanford up until tomorrow night, when I'm gon root for the Huskies. I think he's better at Michigan right now. I'm not going to complain if he comes to the pros, but I do think there's something pretty special that team. The team, the team, the thing that goes with both, that stuff really means something to Jim. It's why that I think that the Raiders have a shot at Jim, because I think the Al Davis, the alumni, like Jim is. He's a football nerd, like this is it's all he thinks about, twenty four, his family in football, and that type stuff. Al Davis, Bill Walsh, like this is all these guys want to talk about and be around. So I hope Jim stays because, like you said, college football is clearly the number two sport in America, and you have some nights where it's like, what are the games last week? We're doing like twenty five million people that the first crazy, So it was crazy in Michigan. How many teams in the NFL are bigger brand than Michigan football. Well tend stand this for years.
Speaker 2: If now you have two recruiting cycles in college, which it really does, it's a regressive lifestyle.
Speaker 1: That's what's driving him away. To me, the NIL, the transfer portal, something of that.
Speaker 2: But and I think there's they're putting up more and more guardrails on it. But I've been saying this from the beginning there. If I had Patrick Mahomes, the NFL is better than Michigan Dallas cowboy job potentially is better than Michigan boyd And it ends right around there. Again, Joe Burrow always hurt a lot. Buffalo. I don't want to live there, Love you, Buffalo. But Ann Arber's I'm going to live there. Michigan when it's rolling is especially for a Michigan man. I just don't think they're five. I've always said this, if.
Speaker 1: Well, do you have coach at the forty nine ers already? How many jobs are bigger than forty nine ers and you got right out of town five maybe not even No.
Speaker 2: I mean the Niners have great city. Some generational pressure because of their success. York's a pretty good owner, Lynch is an excellent GM, So there's a handful that are better. I do think eventually college football has to figure out, and I think they will over time with a twelve team playoff a schedule maker, and there'll be a little more reasonable, a fairness where the SEC guys are scheduling Citadel four times a year. PAC twelve was always much more courageous on their schedules. But I just don't think. I think when you get to these Texas like sark Now, you may be disappointed and there's some pressure, but they're pressure from impulse of billionaire owners. How many jobs are better than Texas. I gotta live in Austin, Texas, and.
Speaker 1: I get a alumni base willing to cut huge checks to stock my roster. How many teams in the SEC have more money than him? News flash, none. So it's like Sarcaz. You could argue now financially him USC Ohio State. I mean, you could argue that college football is even going to separate more and more. You know, these SEC teams and all the money coming in has separated over the last decade. All their sports are better now college basketball. Their basketball programs are paying six seven million dollars to their basketball coaches. So and the Big Ten is going to be like that too. The thing is to me, once you get at Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, you always the transfer portal a guy. You know, every player is a free agent twenty four seven, three sixty five, but you are more likely to keep them at those schools because you have the mechanisms in place to pay them and it's such a special place. Like if you're a Recher freshman, you walk out at the University of Georgia, Universe, Ohio State, or Michigan, You're like, this is where i'd want to play. You're going to transfer like Syracuse you know, no Jims. So when you see those transfers happening, it's pretty clear. Ohio State told the quarterback you're not going to be the starter next year. He didn't transfer because you know, he was mad they told him you're not good enough. And that's the one thing that I wonder if coaches get a little tired of just having to deal with all that. And maybe that's Jim obviously the NC DOUBLEA. But Jim's crazy enough that I could see him like the NC DOUBLEA whatever. I don't even give a shit about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, John Middlecoff, former NFL scout three and out. This is so much fun. We've got a Sunday podcast event scheduled for the foreseeable future. I absolutely love doing it. By the way, for our listeners, we'll have Nick right on my Tuesday podcast, which will air Tuesday live on YouTube or Wednesday on our podcast network. The Volume, so John is always it's money. I'm gonna go watch the Bills Dolphins game. I like Buffalo, but I don't love him Dolphins. You know, once you lose Bradley Chubb Phillips out, they're not going to engineer the kind of pass rush and I think that really limits I think when they had a pass rush that was healthy and the offense dangerous. Team don't love them. Now we saw they got wrecked by Baltimore. So I'm going to go watch that. As always, John, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Go Husky the Volume.
Speaker 2: Hi, folks. Game Time is the fast and easy way to buy tickets for all sports and comedy and concerts and theater all those events near you. Killer last minute deals at game time, all in prices, views from the seat, best price guaranteed, and that's the key. Game Time takes the guest work out of buying tickets, which is the thing most people get anxious about. Game Time eliminates it easy to find tickets for every kind of event in your area. They're obsessed with saving you money and me money on tickets. That's what game Time does. It's the place to find last minute deals. The game Time guarantees mean you always get the best price, and if you find tickets in the same section at a certain row for less, game Time will credit you one hundred ten percent of the difference. Pretty cool. Download the game Time app. Like all apps, it takes ninety seconds. Download the game Time app, create an account. Use the code colin me COLN twenty dollars off your first purchase. If you do it, download the game Time app. The code is Colin twenty bucks off your first purchase. Terms apply last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed,