Speaker 1: I'm Tamika d Mallory and it ship Boy.
Speaker 2: My son is generally we are your host of t M I Tamika and my Son's Information, Truth, motivation and inspiration.
Speaker 1: New name, New Energy. What's going on? My son, Lennon?
Speaker 3: I am blessed, black and Holly favored. How are you feeling today?
Speaker 1: Doing good? I'm doing good. It was a good Labor Day weekend.
Speaker 4: I had a great family experience, my family Day, which my mother has a family reunion every two years that moves around the country. So different family members choose or vote on. Excuse me, we all vote on the different family members who.
Speaker 1: Throw their ring in the what do they call it, their hat in the ring, the hat in the ring. There you go, hat in the ring to have the reunion move to their city. So that happens two years. So this was this year.
Speaker 4: In July, we did my mother's reunion back in my grandmother's town. Everybody was saying, you know, we want to go back home. It all started, and so the reunion was held in July in Monroeville, Alabama. That was great.
Speaker 1: And then my family in.
Speaker 4: North Carolina, which is my father's side, they have what is called a Family Day at my grandmother's house, which is now my aunt's house in the yard directly connected to the cotton field where so many of our people, our ancestors and family members pitt cotton and so you know, there's a whole history there.
Speaker 1: And up until now, my.
Speaker 4: Aunts and uncles and my father, my mother, they were the ones to handle Family Day. But the last time we met, which was under unfortunate circumstances, which is the death of my cousin, we decided as the next generation would be my generation to take over.
Speaker 1: So this was our first year.
Speaker 4: Planning Family Day and executing it, which is you know, kate food and cleaning tape.
Speaker 1: And they don't.
Speaker 4: Believe in a fully catered experience. They want us and they have been doing it for many years to work together. So some you know, different people taking on different responsibility. Somebody handling t shirts, somebody coordinating the food, other people ordered the tent, cleaning down the chairs, like that's a part of the experience that your actual hands are in the baking of this this particular event. And we worked really hard and I got an opportunity to see how much our aunts and uncles have done in the past to make sure that something so great could happen for us every year. When we used to just roll up with the sodas, that was our only job, and now we had to do all of that work. So when I got home that evening or back to the hotel that evening, I was filthy from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. I had bugs down in my shirt dead, there was stuff in my eyelashes. I mean, it was like a it was like war, best time in my life. So it was a great labor day weekend. It's been a great summer of a lot of family time and you know, also a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Obviously, my book is coming.
Speaker 4: And the other thing I've been doing in between working traveling, whether it was Martha's being or the DNC or the family days and all of that is sitting down editing, rewriting stuff, thinking of new things. And you know, on today, actually Wednesday, the last version of the book is being submitted.
Speaker 1: So that's it.
Speaker 4: February eleven, I live to tell the story. My book will be out, and so I think this summer for me has really been a great summer.
Speaker 2: But that's that's that's sounding like a whole lot. Well, you've been doing a whole lot, man. So first I want to congratulate you on the book that I already got my you know, my pre order in.
Speaker 3: You know, I can't wait to get that book and thank you.
Speaker 2: And you know, I know that you work tirestly on the book and just tiresle period just doing a lot of things. You wear a lot of different hats, and so just want to say proud of you for doing that and pleading that task. My you know, my hasn't been as as exciting as yours. But you know, we didn't we didn't talk about Mariam Day because we missed an episode, but we didn't talk about how Miriam Day. My yearly block community event that I do, you know, to commemorate and bring back the communit that grew up in since I was three years old. We do it every year and this was the Knife Annual and it was a beautiful event. People came out, We fed people, We gave away book bags until for a lot of food, we had crabs and shrimps. Then they don't be giving out no crabs and shrimps at the community event. But it was a dope event. Basketball games, face painting, you know, everybody came out, no incidents, ain't nobody beating nobody up, no shooting. So that's that's always what we want to do. We want to present things to the community that they can enjoy themselves and there's no violence and it's.
Speaker 3: Just love and peace. Man. So we accomplished that.
Speaker 2: Actually, next year is ten years, so we're trying to do it real big for the ten year anniversary. As far as Labor Day weekend, Man, I was with my boys. They you know, they they soccer champions. So they had a soccer tournament, the Labor Day Soccer Tournament in which our I was for Saturday and Sunday. You know, both of them played really well, even though they didn't get the championship. This year in this event, they've been racking up championships.
Speaker 3: But they both played really, really hard. You know.
Speaker 2: I love watching them play sports because it reminds me of the time that I played sports. And unfortunately, you know, by the time my older my well, Cameron, my oldest son is twenty six, but Cameron is my middle son and he just turned thirteen a couple of weeks ago, and I realized that I didn't have a father at thirteen, right, and I played basketball, and I was good at basketball, but I didn't have like a lot of friends of mine, they had their fathers at the games, like rooting for them or just speaking up for them or giving them some level of energy, And you realize how much you need that or you want that, right. I used to go to those tournaments and a lot of kids that I played against they had whole families there, and I really was just dead by myself. A couple of the teammates we cheered each other, but there was no extra person there to give me the boost, the energy, to give me confidence. Like when I wasn't confident, if the coaches was yelling at me and made me feel like I didn't do good or me and one of the players got into something, I had to figure out how to get over that by myself, like you know, and it.
Speaker 3: Was it was a difficult thing.
Speaker 2: And I know that had I had that that father figure, that person a family member there with me, I know I would it went a lot further, you know. So it's always good watching them play and being able to be that for them, like even if they're mad and I'm like, y'all need you to do this and I'm talking to them. Sometimes they don't want to listen. But you see that, you know, coaches, you know, you see how it resonated. The coaches realize that you're invested in your child, so they make sure that they treat your child a certain way. They make sure they give them certain amount of playing time. They see that you're invested, so they invest right. So there was there's a there was a there.
Speaker 3: Was a moment in the game and they was playing hard.
Speaker 2: They was down to zero and this team that my youngest son Kesto was playing against was they were.
Speaker 3: Bigger, they were rough. You know, he's playing real.
Speaker 2: Rough, and I seen him getting down. I've seen him like the team was getting down. And then I just was like, we're not gonna quit. We're gonna play hard. We're going to go out there and fight. And it was the time. The guy had did some rough and pushed him to the floor and he looked like he wanted to cry, and I said, when out crying, get up and you're gonna fight back and you're gonna play. And there was this energy that he got up with hearing my voice that it took away the tears that he was about to have and he even though they lost, they fought. That last three minutes was like the best thing I've ever seen. That whole team just fought back hard like they they didn't just lay down. They didn't just you know, with their heads down. They fought and I clapped for them. Everybody clapped for them because they seen that. So that was one that was like a highlight for me. And then afterwards, I told my son, you know, even though you lost, you played hard man, and he said, I know, I know, and I said, and you didn't cry.
Speaker 3: So I didn't cry that. I didn't cry, and he wanted.
Speaker 2: To because he got pushed to the ground really hard. He was It was frustrating. You're trying to do stuff. These dudes are physically just overwhelming them, and you could tell he just wasn't They didn't understand that level of physicality, but they realized that's what it's gonna take to get to the next level. So so that was pretty much the highlight of my weekend. You know, I was in all the way Daddy Mold shout out to both of my sons, and I was in Grandpop Mods, so I had my grandson with me. Then that night too, so I was in g pop modes, so shout out to Kasar too well.
Speaker 4: We jumped straight into our interview this and our little Tumba vacation has not been our regularly scheduled program and at TMI will be back next week with all the things, the thought of the day, the eye don't get it, and just you know, so many of the other components to our show that we've kind of been taken a breather for the summer as we run and do and events and everything, and just thanking you all so much for sticking with us. We're gonna have our guests come in right now have an important conversation with this system.
Speaker 1: Who is our asista?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: So, as I said, our sister Oura is joining us today. I think that, you know, one of the.
Speaker 4: Reasons why I was it was really heavy on me to make sure and as we've been talking about all the way through election day, we're gonna be heavily focused on this sort of political dynamics and also the issues that people are concerned about in this election cycle. And with these two candidates, I mean there's more, obviously, but the two dominant which were again we've said that a million times, will say it again.
Speaker 1: We don't agree that there.
Speaker 4: Should only be two parties in place that have an actual chance of winning. It's unfortunate that the alternative is that the other people can help one of the two candidates lose. But we've not been able to figure out how to get one of those other candidates from a third party or independent party to win. And I think that's something that we have to be very much so focused on. It's something that you and my son have been talking about.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 4: But as we sort of travel down this road election is coming up. There's a lot of heavy, hot and heavy talk in this moment about this election season.
Speaker 1: We know that we.
Speaker 4: Cannot lose sight of major issues, and one of them being Palestinian rights, one of them being just looking at genocide in general, not just in Palestine, but the genocide that is taking place around the world, even to our brothers and sisters in the Sudan and Congo, the horrific situation in Haiti, which.
Speaker 1: America is all up in all of this.
Speaker 4: Like, so everybody understands that, you know, we're really clear that America is unfortunately a heavy hand in all of these situations and we want to educate, and so we wanted Linda to come on today. We're fit, you know, holidays are over, folks are getting back into you know, work one and two, focusing on who they're going to be voting for in November and what issues they're focused on. And we just want to make sure that we always always let the world know that this show and that we as individuals and collectively will always be a part of the movement.
Speaker 1: To free Palestine.
Speaker 4: So I want to just thank you Linda for coming on today, and we love you so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you my sister and brother. I love you both so much.
Speaker 1: So let's get started.
Speaker 4: We don't have a long time, but wanted to just want to talk about Linda because you know what.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Still are not clear on I think, you know, social media has done a good job and a bad job, but in this particular situation, I would say TikTok and Instagram there have been accounts that have done a very good job of educating people on the history of all of this. So I don't think we got to go nineteen forty eight because I'm pretty much a lot of people are like, Okay, I get it right.
Speaker 1: But what I want people.
Speaker 4: To understand is that this idea that black folks have been engaged in this dialogue, this conversation about Palestine, It's been going on for a long time, and you educated me before I even knew on the leaders that we admire who stood up for Palestinian rights.
Speaker 1: Why don't you talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I think you're right to make a lot of pep people know the history nineteen forty eight, It's been almost seventy seven years of occupation, of displacement of Palestinians. But what people don't know much about, especially in light of this controversy and this weird tense conversation that's happening on the Internet between black folks and Palestinians or pro Palestinian activist and advocates, is that there's a longstanding history that nobody can puncture between black liberation movements and Palestinian liberation movement anyone who you put your fist up for, from Malcolm X to Kwame Tuay, to the Black Panther Party, even to Doctor King. Oftentimes there'll be a mixed kind of stories and messages about Doctor King, and yes, doctor King initially saw on the state of Israel and this what they at the time were portraying as a liberation movement. But once he started getting educated, once he started understanding what was truly happening there, even Doctor King evolved over time, and so there has been critique of Zionism coming out of black liberty movements for decades back, and Black leaders who have traveled back to Middle Eastern countries, who have sat with Palestinian leaders have built across borders for years that this is not a thing. I mean, you could pull up you know, Stokely Carmichael aka Kwame Toure, Malcolm X, other leaders from the Black Panther Party, anyone from doctor Angela Davis. I mean, these are the people right now that as Black people are fighting for rights, they oftentimes put forth these names as people who.
Speaker 5: Inspire them, who move them.
Speaker 6: And these are people who have been in consistent solidarity with the Palestinian people throughout their lifetime and even after some of them have passed their writings, their speeches are often used in this moment. People like James Baldwin, like, there's a lot of people who have invoked their opinion on this issue and oftentimes have seen the Palestinian people as the oppressed and have made connections between black people and Palestinians.
Speaker 2: It's very important because a lot of people will try to act like this is not our issue.
Speaker 3: You know, this is not their issue.
Speaker 2: They don't they haven't been with us and we haven't been like and that's actually not factual. And you just pretty much broke that down. So as we look in this climate right now and where we are in this presidential election, you know, we're aware of what's going on in Paliestan. There's a Genoesi happening in palistin in America is pretty much funding that. You know, we're aware of that, and we understand the Palestinians are saying that America has to stop funding Genosa, the Genosti has to stop. But there's also a sentiment about the presidential election. We have a black woman running for the president of the United States, and the black women has an opportunity to actually be elected the president.
Speaker 3: Of the United States.
Speaker 2: So there are black people, black women mainly, and just black people in general who are willing to figure out how do we get her elected and how do we still will support Palestinians right. So that's a very it's a very slippery slope because we want to be able to call out America, right, But we also understand the time we're in. We understand the alternative to what that looks like. So what do you say to the people that say, hey, this is causing more division if we are not together and aligned with the you know, the Palestinians, or it's causing more division we're not aligned all the way with getting Kama Harris elected.
Speaker 6: I really appreciate that Mice, because nobody wants to have the nuanced conversation. People want it to be black and white. Yes, this know that, and that's it. What I'll say here is and I'll say this to black folks in general. And you know, I feel like I have long standing relationships and I love black people and I always believe and I will always believe that when black people are free, we're all going to be free. And I just want to ask for grace, want to I want people to understand that one Palacedinians are speaking, we are speaking from a place of deep hurt, a place of deep grief and trauma. This is something that's happening. There's a genocide that's happening today right now, where our family members are literally being blown up to smithereens today. This is not like a historical event where we're reminding ourselves of something that happened thirty years ago or one hundred years ago. This is today. So when you see these conversations and people are lashing out on this election and lashing out on Kamala and lashing out on Joe Biden and this moment right now, it's because they're speaking through hurt. They're speaking through perpetual funerals that are happening multiple times a day in Gaza and right now also in the West Bank. So I'm saying to people right now is that we have to find this complicated place to sit in where we look at one another and we understand, and you understand why a Palestinian is outraged in this moment and does maybe not want to participate in democracy. Maybe they want to only vote on the local level, Maybe they don't want to vote for Kamala, maybe they don't want to vote for anyone running for maybe they want to vote for a third party. Just giving them that moment of just understanding in this moment, as I also understand why some black people are saying, Look, I'm outraged at what's happening in Palestine.
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I want to demand in arms embargo, I want an immediate ceasefire. I want to see the bloodshed of this children end. But I also want to vote for Kamala Harris. We have to have this full conversation where we understand where everybody's coming from. There is no necessarily right or wrong, because we can't tell people how to feel in this moment right now, because I'm telling you people are experiencing the trauma. It's not just that the United States government is funding the genocide. They have aided and embedded this genocide from day one, and even during a genocide, this administration has sold multiple weapon deals to the State of Israel. So when we see those bombs drop, it's not that we're just sad and outraged that the bombs drop, But when the Palestinians pick up the shrapnel from the bomb, it says made in the USA. And so that's the visceral reaction that a lot of Palestinians must. Women's Arabs who are connected to this outrage and genocide, our feeling right now and I just want to ask our black sitism brothers to understand that deep trauma that people are feeling. That they're not anti black or they're not like we don't care about your future or what happens to you if there is a Donald Trump. They are just feeling a visceral reaction in this moment because that genocide is real and it's live literally live stream, every single day. And so I think our work Mice and Tamika is going to be really important the selection season. How do we keep people in it to participate? How do we get people encouraged to go to the polls because the opposition doesn't want us to go to the polls. They don't want Black people to go to the polls, and they don't want Muslims to go to the polls. And you remember, we were in Michigan back in twenty twenty and we were on the line and we saw voter suppression firsthand. Literally I got it on video watching voter people working voting booths being like, Oh, it's closed, but it's supposed to close at five o'clock.
Speaker 5: It's three o'clock. How are you closing two hours early?
Speaker 6: We watch people being told that it was already eight o'clock and people were already on the line. And we know the law says if you are on the line, it don't matter if you didn't vote yet. You got to vote if you're already on the line, So I know voter suppression is real. I think for me encouraging our people to vote down ballot, to participate in the selection, to understand things like Project twenty twenty five, what the impact is is going to be on all of our communities, not just for us to do a solidarity vote and say, oh, we want to vote because of our Latino neighbors or undocumented neighbors or whatever, which is true and we should have always been in solidarity with one another, but also for us because the stuff that's going down in this country also impacts era of Muslim voters. But again, my approach is always to just listen and understand that people are deeply hurt, and I'm not going to patronize them and I'm not going to make them feel like, oh, you're a one issued person, because it's hard not to be one issued when your family's literal life is on the line, like this is about death and life of four people's loved ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, when people tell me that it's a one issue vote, push back against that. And I neglected when I spoke of the genocide and the Sudan, the genocide and the Congo.
Speaker 1: I see now there is a push to have people to.
Speaker 4: Boycott the iPhone sixteen because when you get down to the details of what is happening in some of these African countries, it has a lot to do with the stealing of resources, natural resources that makes up the technology that we use for our cell phones and for all the little gadgets that we enjoy. And I'm actually going to invite some folks to come on and we'll have a show where we will.
Speaker 1: Really dive into the direct connection.
Speaker 4: But I neglected to mention that there's genocide that happens here in the United States all the time. When we think about and it just looks different, you know, genocide. To some people, it looks like, like you said, family members being blown to smithereen, you're looking at it on your cell phone.
Speaker 1: This is happening in real time. But there are.
Speaker 4: Also places where in this society children are starving to death and it is not happening just by happenstance.
Speaker 1: There are actual circumstances.
Speaker 4: And people who are okay with and want to see in fact, our.
Speaker 1: Children not have the ability what.
Speaker 4: Do they say to self determination and success in their communities?
Speaker 1: And so these.
Speaker 4: Areas, these communities have been designed a certain way, and our people are suffering and dying, the bloodshed, the gun violence that happens in our society, not just to black folks, but in we know, school settings and in churches. And why is that happening Because someone is making money off of the weapons that are being used in those incidents. Black people do not make guns, and yet it is the number one killer of young black men. We are dealing with a number of things, health concerns, right, health issues for black women and black men that could be solved, could be solved by their being less of an investment in sending weapons to Israel and more of an investment in building hospitals and the proper treatment for those people who are suffering and dying right here in this country. And so this is not a one issue vote because it's all connected. And now we think about I'm sitting in the city of Atlanta right now, where a cop city they're fighting like hell to be able to build cop city, which would give the IDs, the people who are doing the physical killing of Palestinians, to be able to come here in other places around this country and continue to train our police officers. I mean, this is all very much so connected, and so as you said, I don't even know that I can say, Oh, my vote or my voice or my position on this is just solidarity with the Palaestinians.
Speaker 1: It's solidarity with my damn self.
Speaker 6: Shit.
Speaker 1: You know, our own family members are suffering.
Speaker 4: And I was just telling my son, I spent two months with my family family reunion's family day, and as I traveled through the country, like right, my family's from the woods, I see it the suffering. You know, a lot of people who live in the city, you don't get to see people living on the back roads and in trailer parks who are suffering immensely. And so, you know, we got to be in solidarity with our own people and not just be so excited about the moment, but at least be able to commit to what the fight looks like afterwards. And that's my next question to you, is what is the big ask at this point?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: You know, as you said it wasn't just have a speaking spot at the DNC.
Speaker 1: That would have been a way for the.
Speaker 4: Democratic Party to show their respect and their solidarity with the Palaestinian community. And I think it was a missed opportunity. Everyone that I know, from Angela Ride to Charlemagne, to God and in between have said it was a miss Tanah she Coapes was there with us as we were with the uncommitted community. We were in solidarity past to Mike McBride, pastor Tracy black Men. We were there through the day and night trying to fight with the Democratic Party to allow a speaker.
Speaker 1: But that is not the main goal.
Speaker 4: And so please talk about what is the big ass and how can we help to even in saying some of us will vote for Kamala Harrison November, how can we help to ensure that the big ass is what we are all focused on.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that to make God. I mean, it's very simple.
Speaker 6: There's a few things that I'll say to folks as we're kind of going through this election. It's going to be it's not gonna be easy, and the conversations are going to continue. I'd say, number one, do not let one election divide our communities. Right, this election is going to be over in about sixty four to sixty five days. Do not let one election cycle be the reason why we forfeit our solidarity, our relationships, all the work that many of us have done with one another. So that's one we stay focused. We have the courageous conversation, we have the political debates, but don't let it divide our people in our communities and our movement.
Speaker 1: That's one.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 6: For those of you who have friends, colleagues, co workers, people you may know on the internet that you know, that's another thing. Don't be arguing as strangers on the internet as if you all have each other's best interest at heart. Here you don't know these people from a hole in the wall, but definitely struggle with people that you know. I say to people all the time that right now is in a moment to say to somebody who looks you in the eye and says, I'm not voting for Kamala Harris, I'm so outraged. And instead of saying to them, you're self centered, you're one issued, you should say to them, you know what, I'm going to vote for Kamala Harris, and I promise you that when I do that, I'm also going to still be fighting for the Palestinian people. I'm also going to be fighting for all marginalized people. Letting people understand and give them an opening to come into the conversation that you want to have with them. I think what people are worried about is that people are going to vote one way and then they're just going to leave the Palestinian people and kind of move from here. And what we know is there's a looming genocide that is also now in the West Bank. So this is not just the Gazo anymore. This is now in the West Bank, and we are in literal danger of losing our land and our people.
Speaker 5: Like this is that kind of moment that we're living in history.
Speaker 6: So I'm telling people all the time, have courageous conversations that include empathy, that include trying to understand where people are coming from. Just say you know, I hear you, I see what you're saying. I watch those videos too. I can't imagine what it feels like for you to watch the video. When I'm watching a video of people I don't know, I may not be connected to it. I'm horrified by what I see. The third is Joe Biden is still the president of the United States of America. Whether people want me to convince me that he's still in his right mind or not, I don't care. His administration is still the administration. We need to continue to demand in arms in bargo. The United Kingdom just recently did that in a semi sort of embargo on time life weapons, weapons licenses. At least something right, meaning that the people rising up in the UK are getting some sort of results. So we need this administration to say to themselves, we cannot be in the business of violating domestic and international law, which we are, by the way, violating our own United States law that's on the books. We need an arms in bargo. Stop sending weapons to the State of Israel during this genocide. I think it's a reasonable ask. I think any normal person that you talk to that sees the weapons and sees the murder and sees the bloodshed is saying, yeah, stop sending these people the weapons. We got to stop the killing. So demanding an arms embargo from this administration is absolutely key. So don't forget that Joe Biden and his administration, they are still in power, right now. And the last thing that I'll say is that we got to keep going. And we said this before and we always say it. It's an unfortunate situation for marginalized people. Let's just say Kamala Harris does become the President of the United State of America, and let's say her inaugurations on January twentieth of twenty twenty five. January twenty first, we're supposed to be outside. We're supposed to be outside on Palestine, on raising the federal minimum wage, on expanding voting rights, on immigration reform and refugee rights, like, we just got to be people who are consistent.
Speaker 5: And one critique that I have to make it. You know this, I say this to people all the time.
Speaker 6: Don't come to me every four years and start trying to tell me what to do and tell me this is how I should vote and this is how I should not vote.
Speaker 5: What are you doing in between the four years?
Speaker 6: Because I know me, Tamika and maisn we outside three hundred and sixty five days of the year, maybe not three sixty five, maybe more like three hundred forty, but we outside. We organize on a daily basis. We build resiliency, and power on a daily basis. We build campaigns, we've organized many of you know the work that we've done. So my thing is that if you want a third party and a fourth party and a fifth party, and we deserve that, because that's actually how a lot of democracies around the world work. No other democracy really has two prominent parties. Do okay, cool, what are you going to do tomorrow, the day after that, and the day after that? Because in order for us to build a viable third, fourth, fifth parties, and we shouldn't have just one more party. It shouldn't be us. Let's build one major party in addition to the two. We should be able to build three four powerful parties that align with our values or align with the values of different people, and do the work. That means petition signatures, that means building statewide conventions, building state party apparatus where we actually have staff in our parties so that we could do the work around, so we could be working up and down the ballots every year, not just every four years. And I think that's what I'm asking you. I'm calling people to the mattress. Let's commit to organizing every day for our people and not just wake up to organize around an election. And I'm not saying elections aren't important.
Speaker 5: You already know me.
Speaker 6: I'm an electoral organizer for twenty three years. But I also understand the power of building between elections.
Speaker 3: That's always been my point of view.
Speaker 2: That's you know, when we when we the last election, I said, we need something different and we should have been you know, organizing and our old whole strategy that we were never fighting for an ally, we were fighting for a better opponent. And I think that's still true today and I think understanding as we look at both opponents, we understand who we got it easier fight with, you know, but the fight definitely remains so like like you said, Samika said, it's November six, you said, after inauguration, But it definitely has to be consistent, you know, because all of these issues and everything that we've been fighting.
Speaker 3: For is not going to come when we're not consistent.
Speaker 2: If we look at all the communities who actually get changed, you actually get things.
Speaker 3: Is consistency.
Speaker 2: And I want to again, I want to take my hat off to the Palace things because the level of consistency that they have being able to create uncommitted movement and get hundreds of thousands of people to get on board with one thing is what it's what it looks like.
Speaker 3: And I think if we.
Speaker 2: Take the power that we all have and we combine it with the consistency that you guys have shown, you know, the resilience that even through all these things, that you continue to show in the way that you continue to stay on tone and on course to get what it is that you want to fight for justice and fight to fight, you know, to stop the genocide is what it's going to take.
Speaker 3: So this, this solidary and the legions is necessary. Right.
Speaker 2: You always say, you know, you understand that when black people free, everybody to be free. And when we all understand that when everybody is free, all of us are going to be free. And we utilize the same strategies and tactics and tenacity and we and we we create that into an infrastructure, that's what it's going to take for us to actually get what we want as all of us. So I just want to let you know that we are one in solidarity. Yes, I've been I've been adamant about me making sure that I vote for COMMA because what it is to me, which Trump represents. It's something that just is so anti my spirit, you know, like you know it's some people don't. I don't know about everybody else, but every time I listen and I see Trump, it's something that's demonic did to me. It's not like some simple shit. It's just not like always the president I can go to sleep. It is turned into something that it bothers my spirit. So as I fight against you know that it's essential that we always talk about and that spirit. I still want to fight for the Palestinians, and I will fight.
Speaker 6: For the Pelists, and I know you will. And I just want to say this for folks that listen to your podcast. You know, to be clear, Palestinians, if you look at some recent polling that came out, ain't no Palestinian ziono and ain't no Muslim Ziono voting for Donald Trump. And that is something that I also tell people all the time when you're talking to people outline and you're trying to convince them, don't use Donald Trump as a fear mongering targ at least not for the Palestinians and the Muslims in the Arabs.
Speaker 5: Because these people know, they know all about Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: They went through four years with him, They went through Muslim band, they were over four hundred thousand. People were separated from their families like a lot of things without. Millions of people were separated from grandmother's, grandmother's, husband's wives, children. People were stranded in countries like Jibouti and others trying to reunite with their families because Donald Trump was like, no, you don't deserve a family. You don't deserve to be with your family. So we know Donald Trump, We've experienced him. So there has been no polling showing that anybody in our communities or our voters are voting for him. And I will say, that's exactly what you said, Mice. It's how do we make a commitment to one another regardless of what choices people are going to make in this election. How can we make commitments to each other's communities by saying, no matter what happens, no matter in this election, I must still fight for you. Just because someone's voting or has decided to vote for Kamala Harris doesn't mean that they don't want to fight for Palestinians. Just because someone saying it's not sitting right in my spirit, I might want to vote for a third party candidate. You know, for example, in New York it's a blue state, right And in a state like California, you could actually vote any way you want and it's still your state is going to be a democratic state. But that doesn't mean that people still don't want to fight for black people and other marginalized people. I think we're going to come out of this election with a commitment to keep fighting for our people. And this is a not a sprint and to marathon. And we know this, and you know this, mice from black liberation movements. Black people aren't fully liberated in the United States, and they've been fighting for decades, some would argue centuries in this country. But we're seeing it, we're getting closer to it. So the question becomes, can we believe that one election is not how we're going to be fully free but it could be and get us just a little bit closer versus taking us a little farther back. And I think again, let's have those hard conversations. Let's keep getting the people outside, let's keep registering those voters, because the one thing I'm not going to do is I'm not forfeiting my right to participate in this democracy. I'm not forfeiting my community's right to participate in this democracy. And I just want people to know that no matter what, we're going to fight with one another, and Donald Trump cannot cannot become the president of the United States of America.
Speaker 4: Again, Yeah, that's a complete no for me, absolutely, And people will say, well, they'll say, well, genocide is a no.
Speaker 1: Yes, genocide is a no.
Speaker 4: My access to my bodily autonomy, someone taking that away, that's a no. Food insecurity is a no. There's so many things that's a no that we have to figure out a way to hold all of it at the same time. And black folks have always had to do that. And I understand that there are black people out here right now who will listen to this and say, I'm so tired every time we might be in a moment we can elect a black woman, which is definitely a significant symbolism for young black girls to see themselves in that light. Nonetheless, we got to worry about the fact that she unfortunately supports genocide. That's just a truth, right, Like when we hear her say different things. Yes, she's talked about Palacinian rights and the Palacinian people's right to self determination and all that's good, but without a policy change, the.
Speaker 1: Two things don't align.
Speaker 4: You can't be saying that you're still going to maintain the same policies and saying that you don't support the killing at the same time. There has to be a change, and I truly hope, I hope, I hope, I hope that we will see a shift, because even if she believes naively or incorrectly, falsely, whatever words we want to use, that somehow she can get these things done. It's like a woman who's like, I think I can change him, you know what I mean, Like I can just I can just talk to him and make him see my perspective and maybe he'll do the right thing. No, Sis, he's no good for you, and you have to put him out your house.
Speaker 1: That's the only way that this is gonna.
Speaker 6: Let me just add this really quickly to what you're saying to me, because just to make sure I make this point.
Speaker 5: My worry here is.
Speaker 6: That the risk of the calculation that the Democratic Party is making, right, they're making They're taking a risk here, This is a gamble, and they're gambling that other voters who.
Speaker 1: May be in.
Speaker 6: Exclusive support of the State of Israel or whatever are the people she's targeting. She's talking to a different, more center right voter. She wants Republicans, she wants independent voters. They do it every time, every time, and they move They're moving us to the right, not just on Palestine, but on a lot of issues, as you know, from abolishing from removing the abolition of the death penalty, from talking about the ways in which they talk about all these class.
Speaker 1: Middle class is not that's not relevant to most black people.
Speaker 5: That's exactly that's right.
Speaker 6: And so for me, I'm just saying I'm sitting back saying I'm gonna do my part. You know, we're all going to organize, We're not going to just sit at home. But at the end of the day, the Democratic Party has made it very clear, in my opinion, sending a clear signal to a lot to some young voters, to Arab, Muslim Palestinian anti war voters, that we are going to sacrifice to you in this election because we think these people are the ones that are going to turn out and we need them more than we need you. And let's see what happens on November fifth. That's the worry that I have here that there's been a calculation. In my opinion, it's going to be a miscalculation. So let's you what happens.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hope not. I want to believe.
Speaker 4: You know, as I've been saying, Kamala Harris is my sorority sister.
Speaker 1: I know the oath that we take, right, the oath that we take.
Speaker 4: I want to believe that she will have to consider that attending HBCUs I know what happens.
Speaker 1: There is an indoctrination that happens about being.
Speaker 4: A good person that does right by people, that uphold some level of dignity and integrity. And I want to believe that once she gets into office and she has the power to make certain decisions that our voices and the descent, because there will still absolutely be descent, that I will be a part of that, it helps to shift her thinking and that she understands clearly, I can't hold I can't try to be on both sides of this. I'm gonna have to pick a side and make some very very very specific moves.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to believe.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but it's what I have to be able to believe in this moment, because if we don't have hope, we have nothing.
Speaker 1: And that's so that's where I am. God knows that.
Speaker 4: It doesn't you know, it feels it's it's scary. You know, we're here to say it's scary. But this is a very important moment and I just appreciate your sisterhood and what we're doing. And I better go to the airport else.
Speaker 6: I would literally want to say, I want to believe that you will get to the airport at the top.
Speaker 1: Make it on my flight. Love you so much, Linda, I.
Speaker 5: Love you both so much.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Well, my son, Lennon, I have literally twenty four minutes to make it to the airport, and the airport is thirty two minutes away.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You're gonna make it because you know why, because we're about to end this episode. Shout out to our sister Linders I saw and shout out to all the Palestinian Shout out to all the black women, Shout.
Speaker 3: Out to everybody. We are in a very pucial moment right now.
Speaker 2: But we understand that our solidarity is necessary, it is needed, and.
Speaker 3: It is mandatory.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna end this episode shout out to our all of our fans at TMM. Continue to let us know that we're the best show in the world. We're gonna continue to bring you all of the politics for the until this election. We're gonna have people here who have very strong voices and opinion. So I'm not gonna always be right. Tamika d Marriage and I can always be wrong, but we will both always and I mean always, be authentic.
Speaker 3: Check out the video version.
Speaker 4: Of TMO every single Wednesday on I Woman Dot TV.
Speaker 1: That's how we own