Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor set De Montree.
Speaker 3: More and new He scrugs.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Players Lounge right here, Dallas Cowboys dot Com. You know the players, Anthony dor Yes, that Barry Church. I am merely Newly scruggs.
Speaker 2: Misty play they play? They played, not once but twice.
Speaker 5: Tell when I say the Cowboys Baltimore Cowboy thirteen?
Speaker 2: Is it some of it all? Sing that? I know, he says, preseason? But speak to it.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, right and plus your hands up, speak to it.
Speaker 6: Your hands up and fight somebody man Like, ah man, you see some young guys making plays.
Speaker 2: But it's not enough. It's not enough, man, Like, what do we do it?
Speaker 6: Like? I had to go back and rewatch it. So, you know, I called Barry, I said, hey, tell me what's up. He said, hey, watch the first half. I'm telling you you don't even want to bother with the second half. And literally I'm sitting there watching. I was like, oh man, there's no real Oh theary was right, he like why did I waste my time? And not to say why did I waste my time? But like we're still seeing the same mistakes, Like you're getting ran up, like straight down smash my football, Like preseason is basic, Like we don't even see the schematics parts of the year. We ain't seen the blitz pick ups, like and the little bit of blitz that we did was a simple hover over the outside of the two. And then you're telling me that your DN going field detacle crashed down and then you got a little overlapping blitz. It wasn't even no crossest us than the blitz.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: The complexity of the blitz that the Ravens threw at us was just like we just tested our stuff and they're testing was bar none like you, they look like they're in mid season form the way that we played. Yo, I'm just upset with it for something that's supposed to be so basic schematically and you go out there and get polarized like that.
Speaker 7: We just don't have any place where we're controlling any part of the line of scrimmage. And when I keep saying we like I played for the Cowboys, but man, I mean, I'm in the house, so I'm going to family.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna show respect to the house.
Speaker 7: But like there's no control of the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball or the offensive side of the ball. And you know, momentum is is big, and you know, like you said, it's just the preseason, but wins they mean something, and momentum means something. And so to have that momentum and to go into the regular season with some positive momentum ass I keep saying, like, yeah, they definitely needed and unfortunately, like these past two weeks, and I mean, you know, the scoreboard ain't telling the whole story.
Speaker 5: It's telling a lot of the story.
Speaker 2: They telling the whole story.
Speaker 6: But are you alluding to the next game is going to be a lost You said you gotta go into the season with some momentum, like you felt like you're really discouraged.
Speaker 7: I'm not to to come out the preseason zero and two or to come out of one and two. It's that's that's still not momentum.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. That's that's that's still showing.
Speaker 7: That we have so much room for improvement and just looking at it right now like yeah, I'm going with the trend.
Speaker 2: I just want to see if he was gonna be more realistic, very optimistic. Like mister.
Speaker 6: C B. Now that you're back, we need you to pull up that clip that I made that bet with Barry on the ten Wins.
Speaker 5: Before I break this thing down. So this is two separate bests.
Speaker 2: Right, he is his own person.
Speaker 8: So when I'm win, I'm saying you taking me out, and you're taking me out, and I know we combined and splitting the bills.
Speaker 5: I need a separate from you, and I need a separate from you. That that's that's right.
Speaker 2: Don't try to make no addendums now.
Speaker 5: Ain't ain't no half half.
Speaker 2: That's so you're in altruism, are you in?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: All right? I said our separate bed.
Speaker 2: I know you know you. I just don't want to know.
Speaker 5: I just don't want to know he taking church.
Speaker 2: Out right here?
Speaker 6: You better check my resume. I wood we're going to next I ain't I already said that. I told you you be sitting there trying to ignore me. So I'm gonna put you on nashal okay B. The film where I said in that episode that week.
Speaker 5: Not worried about what I ain't gonna have to do. We're gonna, We're gonna tell. But after this, the depth scares me.
Speaker 8: When we're talking about the Dallas Cowboys in the preseason with the depths, I'm you can go down the line offensive line struggle, that points defensive line struggle, that points second level linebackers. I'll say this, I believe them boys. They've they've been coming down here a little bit. Like even the first game you had marriage Lee if I doing this thing. The second game, you had a couple of guys making some play. So I'm not too discouraged. From the linebacker level secondary that's a little bit of issue as well. So the depth for me is like wo because when you look at it, I mean, you made one catch with Mingo, but other than that, them boys is on clamps offensively. I'm still saying ten wins. Everybody I said, I was dir I was as long as they healthy. And I called this before we even made the better.
Speaker 2: You didn't say you didn't say they, you said longest health.
Speaker 5: I said the core. I said, the core is healthy.
Speaker 8: You said for we can bring we can bring it up because I definitely said the core. But it don't even matter with the court as long as for as healthy there we go. This team is gonna get me ten wins, all right, because we're sitting there, we're looking at Yeah they're struggling here and there, But tell.
Speaker 5: Me who's gonna be playing the beg and please for your we talked about it all off season.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be hell covering see the lamb and pickings on the outside, not to mention Ferg on the inside. It's gonna be tough. We got some young guys on the inside of the line, yeah we do. But outside of that, you still got some all pros as well. And you're not nice in Baltimore every week and.
Speaker 2: You're not doing that. You're not facing Baltimore every week, but you're facing Philly. It's a man by the name.
Speaker 6: We got the Jaalen car right, he got the Jaalen Carter, he got the Jayleen Carter killer, right, the only sax he gave up in college word too anyway, But then after that you got all these other blitzeres. So anyways, after that, so what I'm here to tell you is that what you're gonna see is a lot of right there flair, dumb. We gotta get there because it ain't no deep balls going like that off of the block that we've seen up front.
Speaker 2: We all know that it starts upfront to win.
Speaker 5: Tell me which one of those offensive linemen are gonna start the season. None of them.
Speaker 2: You'd be surprised none.
Speaker 6: The way that is gonna be out there, way that the injury news out there, the way that the injury bug happened that first two weeks.
Speaker 2: I said, a lot of guys.
Speaker 8: But we're talking about right now, from what it looks like, one of those dudes that's gonna be out there. George said, here's a really cool thing. This man has been to this restaurant so much. I don't have to send him.
Speaker 2: May they know him? This is fact.
Speaker 5: They know him.
Speaker 2: This is fact.
Speaker 5: So you set me up at your table. You're gonna have a nice little corner church table, a candle lit, and you know what I.
Speaker 8: Meant right there by the piano, y'all already know what I like with my lobster mac and cheese.
Speaker 5: To make sure y'all make sure y'all have that from me. Look when I when I make my order, you're paying for it. I'll get the lops match for you.
Speaker 10: What you to enjoy. Make sure order what you want to order. I order what you want to order. So in case light on yourself, that light on you.
Speaker 8: Four course on the plate right here on the playage line. Back in the spring, Church was down for ten wins. I'm still ten toes down. I'm seven in the possible, which means.
Speaker 2: As who do you get the possible from?
Speaker 5: I said, It's like, okay, like.
Speaker 7: Just be as long as for as healthy.
Speaker 4: You know what, First off, tray, it's not official, it's gonna be seven and eight. Were gonna make it official? Heren eight. Okay, so the seventh the possibles where we're hanging at. But right now, bottom line is he's on ten, I'm not and he's gonna you know so, so we're good, Dorset.
Speaker 5: Man, I said, so we're good, So Dorset.
Speaker 8: What you talked about it's something I've been talking about for two years now.
Speaker 4: Offensive defensive line or problem. It's a problem. You just look right here at the stat They were two of eleven on third down.
Speaker 8: Shoty talked about it, he said, and he said, Shoty said, today the president we got to run the ball better. So the things you're talking about when you got the job, we're gonna run the ball. Well, it's the preseason. You can't run the ball. You two of eleven Baltimore had the ball forty minutes. You can tell me the second half they had the ball forty minutes. Right now, we got two games trouble, trouble.
Speaker 5: But you be in third and nins, third and ten.
Speaker 8: If you can't run a ball, what's because you got somebody who can orchestrate the football, who ain't just looking for the DP ball all all twenty all times, every time you throw the football.
Speaker 4: You ain't got Joe Milton out there. Overthrow Joe, but Zuka, Joe, whatever you want to call him, get there, get into Joe next second. Gonna have that out there.
Speaker 8: You're gonna have somebody that's gonna have this team in thirty manageables. When Dak Prescott is healthy, when he is a healthy individual on the football field, man is a baller.
Speaker 5: He is one man.
Speaker 2: He was falling out running back when he has a great old line. We're talking about it. At least three three All pros on this head.
Speaker 5: Tony Pollard at running back when he was second in m v P list.
Speaker 2: And how many and how many all pros did he have on that line? What one.
Speaker 5: That year?
Speaker 2: That year?
Speaker 5: Tyer Smith was not all pro that.
Speaker 2: Year he was hurt, hurt, hurt. Tyren Smith stopped it. His old line was trash.
Speaker 5: No, but they weren't like the great Wall of that is this is facts.
Speaker 2: So that was a superman.
Speaker 8: He was second in in m v P. He played outstanding Smith. He had a young Talis Smith, a young college Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zach Martin and then who was.
Speaker 5: It Terren Steele? Still wow, wow, wow, Wow, We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you see no, no, no, stop trade some point, trade some points. You got to stop talking, stop stop digging your whole man.
Speaker 2: That wait, Okay, I'm sorry, one bad. I know what you mean.
Speaker 5: So you got the recreate okay, not recreating stuff.
Speaker 4: Geez, hey man, Eggie in the house doors more shirt scrugs.
Speaker 5: Players called you by Aristocrat gaming just back after this.
Speaker 11: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels, Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 12: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunice with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot Com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss Reed Hill Stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Jack Black and Right.
Speaker 11: Now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker. Your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com Slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at AT and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season.
Speaker 5: That's Crownrooyal dot com.
Speaker 2: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: Back to the players loud, hang out.
Speaker 5: Out right, he used to get used to get live like that.
Speaker 4: Oh we've all right read read it.
Speaker 6: Bringing the After Hours Till Down Stadium to the AT and T Stadium as twenty seventh to twenty eight catch the All News Show and supported the full album trilogy with Playboy Carti special guest Mike Dean. Guess you heard it, Mike Dean, get your tickets, Get come the official part of.
Speaker 2: AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 8: All right, well done, man, I'm not trying to get a leadership degree right there, in effect, well done. Well done to Panther your said here, Toledo, Rocketberry Church screen Players Spot, to you buy Aristocrat Gaming, I'm glad you have.
Speaker 6: So you're gonna You're gonna sit there and act like tyring is nobody acting like Tyroing is nothing.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that. Butaricular season in that year.
Speaker 2: Did he played the games? Did he put No? He played more exactly so he was still there, so we thought he was doing something. Okay, he was good. Okay, he was good.
Speaker 6: He right, he was good enough to go somewhere else and get paid lies.
Speaker 5: We tell us.
Speaker 6: Okay, I tell you, like this, that version of Tyron. Would you rather him on this office alone right now? No, you'll take every one of those offenses.
Speaker 5: I will take the guy we have on the outside right now.
Speaker 2: He yes, it's a close race.
Speaker 4: The Dallas Cowboys lost thirty one or thirteen at home to the Baltimore Ravens, and the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Outclassed the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: The part that has many fans in media worried is they looked worse than they did against the Rams the week before. Joe Milton is the quarterback. He according to Brian Shot himri will play this Friday against Atlanta and he said, quote, we want to find out more about Joe and he says that they still believe in Joe shot He also said, I'm not concerned. We're going through the process right now. So Shody is all in what they're doing right now. He is about Joe Milton. Gentlemen, some people in me he said, they need to get a backup quarterback. It's Dorset right now. What you're feeling about Joe Milton.
Speaker 7: My feeling about Joe Milton is he's a young quarterback and he needs more time to get prepared to actually be a number two. With your number two, you know there's going to be some drop off, but you definitely want somebody who can come in and try to win you some games. And right now, what I'm seeing from Joe Milton is, I know he is a great athlete, but I'm not seeing him put everything together.
Speaker 2: You know, what I mean.
Speaker 7: And so with the amount of reps that he's getting, now, this is the most reps he's probably gotten, you know what I mean, Let's be honest, And since he was in college, and so I hear what Shoty's saying, and he's saying all the right things, you know what I mean, And he has to say that because number one, you don't want to destroy that young boy's confidence. And then as well, you have to make this team feel like even if they're seeing what they're seeing, you got to make them believe in what you're saying. And so with that being said, you know, like I definitely believe like they keep bringing different different positions in and I don't know why they're not bringing a quarterback in, and I don't know what's out there to say, you know who you can bring in, But I'm sure there's a vet out there that has has some more quality snaps, who's been in the league for a few years, who can actually serves as a more dependable backup than I'm seeing right now.
Speaker 2: Right man, I still believe in.
Speaker 6: Overthrow Joe, who I think he's a great athlete. I think he needs more revs. But like you said, I don't think that backup quarterback is there right now. Just as far as what we've seen, this has been the knock on him since he's come out of college. Like he's always been an athlete, he's always made like big arm throws, but he just it was like, hey, the ceiling, Like I know, we keep saying that he hasn't had rep like experience is the best teacher, but also with experience being the best teacher, like second third year, like got to you gotta be ready to come off that pot and just get to going. And for him right now, like he's not getting it going, like when you think of vets like or you think of that especially with the cow or let me take it a step back at least being the Cowboys. What is transpired over the last few years with Dak being heard and potentially like at some point in time, that second quarterback has to go in and you don't want it to be the guy that's really excited that just when I watch him play, it looks like, hey, I haven't had that many reps. Like I'm trying to show y'all how good of an athlete I am. And it's like I think about it in football and basketball. When you think of football players you go out there and football players playing basketball. You could tell the difference when you're watching a hooper hoop and a football player. When you think about football players more assertain of their aggressive it's like, and I'm right there versus the word basketball player, Like it's a certain genis at quad when they go out there, Like Lebron has all the tenacity and fire in the world, but he's still smooth, it's still going just like that. He's still out there, he's doing it, and it's a certain level of confidence. So I don't know what it's going to take in this short amount of time, this one game. I hope from what I see, maybe I can have that same confidence. But I don't think it's too soon the cloder close it off for.
Speaker 5: I think I'm agree with all you guys. He needs the reps and I would see.
Speaker 8: Him as more developmental guy, the guy that you can keep on the roster, kind of be that scout team guy. Get the reps that way. But as far as if something were to happen to Dak Prescott and he'd be in the game, to me, it did, man. You know, the floodgates would open. We go, Yeah, you look at it like that. He to me, he just he doesn't have that touch right now, or it seems like he doesn't have that understanding fully of the of the offense.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: If this guy's not open my dump office to this safety safety had he just doesn't have that right now. He's like, all right, if the gusto's out there, I'm going for the second gusto or on the scramble, which you know in college and you know, being the best athlete on the field that that can that can work sometimes. But in the NFL, you got defensive linemen that are running four fives and they'll be able to track you down. So to me, I think, you know, he needs a little bit more development. And if I'm a receiver trying to make this team, I'm like, we gotta switch this up because I'm not getting no looks I need because my man is not either putting it on the target or he's not seeing me. So you know, I just think, yeah, you get I'm like, man, if I'm a receiver, let's let's turn the pocket.
Speaker 6: If I'm forty six, that one that he overthrew to him right across the middle, in that linebacker says Gordon, we got to have a talk.
Speaker 5: I gotta have a talk.
Speaker 2: You got to have a talk.
Speaker 8: My thought process listening to Schottenheimer today and they're gonna go with Joe.
Speaker 5: They're doing that part.
Speaker 4: They want you to see what he has and the fact that Will has not taken up into practicing, brother, gonna get a snap, just get a lot of snaps that maybe, just maybe there's someone out there that shot in him, his coach that he knows that he can go get at the end, because if Dak is injured in the Philadelphia game right now and Joe has to come in, I think.
Speaker 8: Everybody's got everybody's got, everybody's got workers. So that's my my wondering. I don't know, I don't know. I haven't talked to anyone about It's just my thought process is there's possibly somebody out there that Shody is familiar with that he thinks he can go get to say hey, look, go go do this, and I just bring up there like Mark Sanchez was a guy he was comfortable with and Mark down here for why that So just somebody he's comfortable with, he understands, he knows, and it's kind like Pete Carroll going to get Geno Smith.
Speaker 5: Hey, I know this guy, I know him, he knows me. We know how to work together.
Speaker 8: So that's where I'm sitting at here because there's just some stuff with Joe Milton right now.
Speaker 4: All of you said he's got grow, he's got to grow and get comfortable. But then your thing, how comfortable are you watching this? Dude have to go out here and do on the job. Training is your first job and everything goes into it. You star Philadelphia, got the Giants. I mean that first month is not easy. Last month of the year is definitely tough too.
Speaker 8: So when you was out there in training camp and he was watching Joe out there, did he look like, you know, he had a grasp or everything?
Speaker 9: Was?
Speaker 5: I got a chuck it deep. I'm going for defenses. So the word the best word uses consistency.
Speaker 2: It was an issue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so he like in the ram, been through a deep ball of pile touchdown.
Speaker 8: But you know, you see a couple of plays and you're like, have this reminds me of a picture who's got great stuff but don't always know where he's going.
Speaker 4: So how good can you be? I struck out three people, but I walked five guys and that ain't good. You know, It's like, you can't you can't win like that. And it goes back to just learning.
Speaker 5: How to play.
Speaker 8: For this is why I've always been a proponent of the NFL finding some kind of way where they can make an agreement with the UFL and put their quarterbacks over there. These guys need to play in the spring. Get some of these guys some reps. And that's part of what you watch with Joe Milton, he talked about it. You know what, the first game of feet were a little bit too fast and now, okay, I did some other things here. Well, if you get this guy here, he's playing, you know, they're playing the Memphis Show Bolts or something, and he's getting opportunity to play.
Speaker 5: He's got an opportunity to get better. And I go back to what the league was.
Speaker 4: Where you saw Jake Delane who started Super Bowl playing that league, Jason Garrett, who had a lot of good games under his career, Kurt Warner, MVP Hall of Famer, played in that league. Brad Johnson played in that league, won a Super Bowl with Tampa. Back you need guys to.
Speaker 8: Play yes, and also your offensive lineman need to play because you can't do anything in these OTNs. These guys need to get out here and hit. I think we could see him much, especially if you're trying to go to eighteen games.
Speaker 2: You trying to go to eighteen games, you make it up. You make if you go to eighteen game.
Speaker 6: You have to make that partnership with them, because, like you said, back in the day, you had training camps, you had multiple practices where everybody got those reps, and then you had four games, and at least two of those games it was.
Speaker 2: All young guys going to battle. And then you had some young guys on.
Speaker 6: The second game going against the starters that you feel that can hold their own to have that confidence, and right now you're not getting that confident with these other guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get our final break in here. There's an issue for wide receiver who's most likely going to miss some time. Could be up to four could be four weeks more.
Speaker 8: Talk about that next right here on the Players Lounge, brought to you by Dallas Cowboys dot Com and Arist Craig.
Speaker 9: Gaming life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 2: That scary bridge.
Speaker 9: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 14: Raising Kane presently other rules of Football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day Caines rules Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration, The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with the bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 5: Hey their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one Over.
Speaker 3: To the players loude.
Speaker 2: So come on, it's hard to hear them. Y'all heard what it said? Are you a Cowboys super fan?
Speaker 6: The search is off for the twenty twenty five Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan now through September twenty ninth nominated a straordinary NFL fan. Dynamic Duos and the game changers who rep the Cowboys probably turn every game day into an unforgettable adventure. You can be sent to the Super Bowl sixty and and to win the NFL dot Com slash Fan of the Year to day.
Speaker 4: All right, well done, well done. You need to thank Chris Bean because he's got you off the invisil line.
Speaker 5: They've given a show, so I checked it before the show.
Speaker 2: I've been waiting on that. I want my face back. No, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: All good?
Speaker 2: All good?
Speaker 5: I told the girl about that the other day. She started laughing.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, he said that, Yes he did, Yes he did, all right, Anthony Dorsett, Trey Moore, Barry Church on your instructs. Mingo, Jonathan Mingo, we talked to the locker room to day, the one catching out.
Speaker 5: It was nice, but he got hurt. PCL is dealing with right now.
Speaker 4: Coach Bryan shot Hier said, they're still running some tests here, but listening to Mingo talk, probably four six weeks so probably not gonna start. Don't look for him to get Philadelphia. So that is an issue right there. So guys, how are we feeling?
Speaker 5: Uh, Pickings, Lamb, Tolbert, that's your top three right now.
Speaker 2: I'm solid with it, you know.
Speaker 8: Mingo, you know, he showed some you know, being that vertical guy down the field during the preseason, had a couple of big time catches, so they may missed out a little bit, but overall, I feel like Tolbert was the better receiver, So I feel like he was going to be that third receiver regardless of injury or not, and pretty much the fourth option because when you look at it, you got CD Lamb, you got Pickings, You're gonna have Ferguson in that tight end spot, and then you'll get to the Tolberts or the Mingo. So it just hurts the depth a little bit overall when we talk about the wide receiver room. But to me, you know, I'm still solid with the wide receivers they got on the roster, especially with number four back there being able to throw the pillar around. So to me, it's a tough loss for Mingo and his career going forward, But overall, you know, I don't think this affects the Cowboys offense that greatly going forward.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think it's going to throw a big monkey wrench into the plane. I think it's kind of like Dan Knight or not Dan Knight, but it's you know, yeah, they're the same horse in that race, if that makes sense. Like you said, you're fighting for the fourth option and it's not that big of a drop off. So I'm not concerned about that. And we're being completely honest. I don't think our fourth receiver is on the roster yet.
Speaker 2: Now. I think it hurts the I think it hurts the depth.
Speaker 6: But I think to sit there and say like, oh, we got these guys that are locked in, nobody's really just pulled off that far of the race. But what I do want to see is now with this injury, can Tobert take this over? Like can he really separate itself? But right now, like you said, I haven't seen too much of a drop off. We know it's coming with George and uh CD, And.
Speaker 2: That's where I am. George and CD.
Speaker 7: You know you're you're you're gonna have to literally show me that you can shut them to down before me even be worried about number three or number four. And you know we haven't seen a solid run game. But if we get a piece of a little bit of a run game with those two dudes on the outside, it's a miss. It's a miss. Mixed uh, a matchup, mix up every every week. Basically, typically a team is not going to have two number one corners like we got two receivers, two number one receivers here. So that being said, yeah, I'm looking forward to what Dak is gonna be able to do with these boys, even though with that injury.
Speaker 6: So you think anybody can be a plug and player and that number for a slot right now, I don't.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna say anybody, because we just can't pull anybody from out this building and put him back there. But definitely, when you got a quarterback like that and you got two dudes like that on the outside, that third dude of that fourth dude does not have to be like an all pro three or four. You know, you just have to have somebody to solid out there with some good hands and dependable routes and see that.
Speaker 8: That's what scares me, you know, the depth one when we talking about the team with my bat, you know, ten wins.
Speaker 5: The depth scares me.
Speaker 8: But also you know, we talked shoddy talking about running the football, and I'm a big component will have a balance. I feel like Dak Prescott's at his best when he has that balance for his run game action under man, he can do that.
Speaker 2: But what we've seen here in.
Speaker 5: These past couple of years is, yeah, we're gonna run the football. We're gonna run the football. Here we come with these forty five passes a game. Forty passes a game, and I'm.
Speaker 8: Like, man, that makes me nervous, especially because you got Dak Prescott, one of the highest paid guys in the league. He's not gonna be just a turn around and hand the football off kind of quarterback. And now you've got these two weapons on the outside. It's like, man, that we gotta win. Throw in the football.
Speaker 2: We got through that. We got to exploit these two on ours don't have the running back.
Speaker 8: I just it's not it's the play, it's the play call. I just don't want it to be I want it to be balanced. You know, he's saying all the right stuff right now. As far as running, We're gonn run it. We're gonna you know, it is gonna be our identity. But we've seen in the past and not that shot. He is the coach, was the coach of the head coach or anything like that. But we've seen guys in the past. We're gonna run the football here we come with that. McCarthy never was a that's trun god.
Speaker 5: Is very true.
Speaker 4: So for five years he said it wan to mixed back out there. It was a lie, he told himself in the media off he was never really about running the football.
Speaker 2: It's just what it was.
Speaker 4: And Shody has proven it, you know, And he talked so much about Pete Carroll and what he was there.
Speaker 5: So Pete did it and of course his dad.
Speaker 4: My issue once again is you need an offensive line and they're just we got question marks. Tyler guy was talking today and he's feeling better here.
Speaker 8: But okay, now looking for Tyler getting against against Philadelphia and then the next game after that it's against it gets the Giants.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's so we don't know, we do not understand and know what they have yet.
Speaker 6: Ain't gonna be the year you find out who becomes the superstar. Like there's no names on this team, and with this tough schedule these first three games, you're gonna find out Who's who's going to be that guy, who's going to be that big dog on the old line that gets them going besides Tyler Smith, Like you're gonna who can step up because the opportunity is going to be there.
Speaker 7: You know, this seems like this preseason watching just watching the Cowboys with all the questions and you know, every organization moves a little bit different in the preseason and understandably like I don't know why the Cowboys choose to not at this point, well, you know, and would have been Shotty's first year as well, to put some product out there that we're actually gonna see it, that's going to be something that that's going to be coming out during the season. There's too many question marks like we keep talking about, and there's a lot of time to honestly get those reps in with those guys.
Speaker 5: We don't have an identity.
Speaker 7: This team does not have an identity on either side of the ball right now going into the season.
Speaker 2: I mean, he told you what their identity, No, he told Yeah, he told he told you.
Speaker 8: But also, oh, like it go buys what I see is what Bill Parcels used to say. Right now, what we're seeing it's not good. I mean even even Shody said, quote consistency wasn't there. We're not physical enough overall, right now.
Speaker 2: That's but that's what it's come down to.
Speaker 6: So when you say you haven't put anything out there to make me excited, like, I don't put that on Shoddy.
Speaker 2: I put that on the players.
Speaker 6: Like we all know that preseason is basic, like we're calling our basic packages. Like at what, like you said earlier during the offseason, at what point in time do a player take on this and say, Hey, I'm going to go out here. I don't care what's going on what you call, but I'm gonna this guy right here. He's not making in it. He's going to I'm gonna dominate you and push you back here. And if everybody had that same mindset and had the one on one battle, we can at least say that we see somebody fighting. How many people did you say was out there fighting? That's what I want to see. So it's not the play calling, it's not none of that. I need to see who's gonna fight because we all know that you got your your ace card when you play space, you don't never throw the big joker and stuff. Out there, all that sitting there, So we're gonna get those trick plays. We're gonna see schematics. I want to see in preseason players who cannot be excited about who has showed me that name, and they're dependable, like ninety five he got thrown out the club, Simon Turket, you got thrown out the club a couple of times. But also he's one of the few guys that I seen actually dominate somebody there.
Speaker 5: So we end it right here. They have one more opportunity Friday against the Falcons. We just got to see something.
Speaker 4: Thirty one teams see some right start and that's the day he told us, DA's that play.
Speaker 5: So that's what I'm I'm so glad. Right out of time, run out of time. Kenneth Murray the second level, like, are we gonna see that?
Speaker 2: What I say, man, you know, put you put some of your nice toys out there.
Speaker 6: I was just saying, you know, I mean, yeah, I'm starting with I just don't want to see the players.
Speaker 2: I want to see the players.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to advertise a Bang Bang Trimp, dor Set, Chris Bean, Josh everybody else right here.
Speaker 5: Dalla skyboy dot Com will talk to your player next.
Speaker 8: Wins.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.