Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass podcast. It is a good Sunday in Baltimore. The Ravens took down the Detroit Lions thirty eight to six to improve to five and two on the season. It was an absolutely dominant performance from this Ravens team as they show that they are one of the best in the National Football League. After they went head coach John Harbaud met with the media.
Speaker 2: First of all, I just want to say humbly to God be the glory. You fight and you compete, and you know, we have a lot of guys have their faith, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's a big part of the National Football League.
Speaker 2: It's a big part of what we do, and we have an opportunity like that just to be grateful for the graciousness of God and the grace that He gives us is a valuable, wonderful thing and our guys, our guys feel that way.
Speaker 3: Also.
Speaker 2: I want to mention Mohammed Ibrahim and the injuries, so we'll be praying for him tonight and hope he's well.
Speaker 3: Proud of the guys.
Speaker 2: Mark Andrews, I don't know how many touchdowns do you have? A bunch too, seem like more, but that should have been.
Speaker 3: I like the way you're thinking. I like the way we're thinking. So what questions you have?
Speaker 4: You've heard everything that people are talking about, the lions and the double digit winds, things like double digit.
Speaker 3: Victories and points.
Speaker 4: Do you feel the way you guys came out today? What's the same statement game in anyway.
Speaker 3: For you guys? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys can define all that stuff the way you want, and that's cool. You know where we're going to just define it in terms of what we think we're capable of playing like and I promise you all the different things in that game that we feel like we can do better, but the things that we did well and we stand out and we build on and things we can do better, we got to take with us out the Arizona and find a way to keep getting better so that that kind of creates a vision for what we can be.
Speaker 3: But let's go be even better.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the last time you guys have played that complete double game in your mind?
Speaker 3: I haven't been thinking about that right now.
Speaker 6: I haven't Normally, when when they're tossed so often to for and today you chose to have the balls that amount of went into that.
Speaker 3: That was a win thing.
Speaker 2: We felt like, we want to say ourselves up so we could possibly but the wind blowing the way it was that we would have the choice to take the win in the fourth quarter if we wanted to.
Speaker 3: That's why we did that.
Speaker 6: Speaking performance, as you've been around a lot of them, more Jackson games, where do you how would you describe that?
Speaker 7: How do you read that?
Speaker 2: You know, every time every time we have a win, my dad texts me, he says, that was your best win ever, you know, so I'd say that was his best game ever, you know. But he played a great game. I just been so many great games. But Lamar got the lion spike along with all the guys making plays. It was just it was wall to wall. It was wall to wall from the beginning to the end.
Speaker 6: Coach was the most impressive about Lamar's growing in the square.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so many things.
Speaker 2: I just think everybody's got their own unique path and everybody wants to make comparisons. I mean, he's Lamar is his own unique person style, all challenges that he faces, all these different kind of things. I just think he's very determined, very persistent. He's not even that. I don't think he's even that happy with the game. When I see him in the locker room right now, it's not like he's all giddy and.
Speaker 3: There is he Mark sure wasn't.
Speaker 2: He's thinking about the plays that he could have had there he comes in here, see see right, he's thinking about the plays.
Speaker 3: He wants to get better.
Speaker 2: So that that's that's uh, that's how all our guys are thinking right now. It's how they should be thinking. But but Lamar, I just said it. I said, my dad always says the last we win. He said that was the best game ever. So they asked me where it ranked. So it's the last one, so it's the best one, right, all right?
Speaker 6: John went into the decision to go for a fourth and four off your original on your initial drive.
Speaker 2: Fourth and four, to go for fourth and four, fourth and one, the one that we did the thing, Yeah, we thought we were Our plan was to go for fourth and one or less in those situations were we weren't going to go for fourth and two. Our plan and strategically early in the game was to be fourth and one or last. Once we got down in there close.
Speaker 8: Enough, John, this was you didn't lose the day of preparation. But you had a long flight back Monday. You've been on the road three straight weeks.
Speaker 9: You'd come back kind of How please were you with how your guys handled that?
Speaker 10: And could you tell in practice this week.
Speaker 11: That they were really dialed in in any potential concerns but a lon didn't hang over.
Speaker 8: Were legit?
Speaker 2: They were locked in from day one. Every single guy was completely locked into practice. We had three excellent practices they I'll tell you one thing about these guys. There is no turning to the right nor to the left. They are like this. That's how their focus is right now every single day. You love it as a coach, That's how they feel. That's how they go to work. I wasn't even thinking about it. Everybody kept asking me about not taking the buy or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, there you.
Speaker 6: Go, John, you just have the past rush production it really ever, you feel like that's been an earder where you guys have been particularly resourceful and you haven't really done it in the same way every week.
Speaker 2: No, I think we've done the same way over Those guys are bringing it with a real viciousness about the way they rushing the pass or I mean they're bringing it, you know, and they're technique is getting better. The timing on the stunts and the blitzes are better, the individual moves are better. And Chuck Smiths done a great job. Manthy Weavers doing a great job of coaching those guys. But we got some legit pass rushers. I mean, I mean, just give the guys credit, you know, give the guys who are rushing the quarterback credit, give talks, start talking about them, you know, because I think they deserve it.
Speaker 10: Two weeks ago, list of the jobs that git'sbury. Last week's all talked about the red zone and all that stuff.
Speaker 8: So make these quick corrections in a week's week.
Speaker 10: League, what's that say about your season?
Speaker 2: I'm really not in any big old arching themes, you know. I just think you got guys that they said it. Afterwards, you know, you go back to work and these guys are capable.
Speaker 3: Of our guys.
Speaker 2: We have playmakers, We have tough guys, we have physical players, we have smart players, we have guys that, like we said, are focused, that work really hard, and we have playmakers.
Speaker 3: So nobody's surprised. You know. We just want to keep stacking it. Just keep improving and keep stacking it. Bringing guys in the secondary.
Speaker 10: What are you what are you looking for? Because them you keep.
Speaker 3: Minding the right guys to kind of fill in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it takes a lot of It takes a lot of takes a lot of You gotta be stealed to play back there, don't you, Mike.
Speaker 3: I mean you got to.
Speaker 2: You gotta have a certain mindset, you know, and we want tough guys, guys that will do their job. You know, when guys will have their eyes where they're supposed to be, when they're supposed to be there, tackle, play hard, but guys can get get the ball off receivers.
Speaker 3: Those are all things that you look for.
Speaker 6: John Jay Flowers wide open, Patrick are light open play, twenty five yards of Gus Edwards has the entire field in the front of Are those Todd Munkins schemes or what worked?
Speaker 4: What what made those plays works?
Speaker 3: I mean, the schemes are great, you know.
Speaker 2: I felt like they did a great job and Todds there's a credit matter fact, Todd got a game ball with the offensive coaches in there, so that was great. And he had a few choice words for the guys, which was fun as you can imagine.
Speaker 3: But it was execution too.
Speaker 2: I mean, those those players are great plays, but they were executed well and starts the quarterback I mean Lamar in and out of the huddle, executing the way he did. How about the pass protection, I mean the offensive line is there was a ton of credit right there.
Speaker 3: That was a really good pass rush team.
Speaker 2: A power, power rushing team wants to knock you back into the quarterback and cage rush the quarterback and had plenty of time back there.
Speaker 8: Along these lines.
Speaker 12: Every week we see, you know, a new wrinkle, a new tweet to this offense. Obviously, just the idea of building something together with Todd, with the kind of manufacturers of this offense.
Speaker 13: What is that kind of you know, optimists.
Speaker 12: Provide you for going forward, just knowing that you have a cloud a cop mixability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's a good thing for you guys to think about and right about. And you'll come up with some great stat you know analysis, right, that'll be really interesting and.
Speaker 3: I'll read it.
Speaker 2: I'll read it, and it'd be cool. But really, all we just got to be thinking about is Arizona. It's all we gotta be thinking about.
Speaker 3: Is the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: We also had a chance to hear from quarterback Lamar Jackson, and Lamar played excellent through three touchdowns, also ran in another. But he wasn't totally satisfied. He thinks that he can be even better and he wants this type of performance every single week from this team.
Speaker 4: So, Lark, you know, Lions had the best record in the NFL from here and you beat him by thirty two? What does that say about the previous team?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: I mean when we when we doing, we were supposed to what we supposed to do, Like I always say, the strides a limit for us, and we just showed a glimpse today.
Speaker 3: I believe, well, Mary, you would seem very happy after.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, I believe when you playing regular season games, you should be okay, you know with winning. I'm alright with winning, but still regular season, you know, and we made shrides for improvement from last week and early on in the season. I believe we did. But it's just one regular season game. So, Mar, what does it feel?
Speaker 14: What does it feel like when you guys in the first half are clicking like that and they're finishing every.
Speaker 10: Drive with touchdowns?
Speaker 5: What is the feeling?
Speaker 3: What is the confidence level.
Speaker 5: What was it like today in the first half. Just be keep being consistent and keep doing what we doing. We had one hiccup, man man j Justin, but you know we talked about on the sideline and we shouldn't have having that problem anymore.
Speaker 3: But list stuff like that.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm not I, you know, please with the win, because we was trying to strive for every job, we're gonna score, put points on the board, but we didn't because of that fumble.
Speaker 3: But it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: We got the win, so I'm satisfied.
Speaker 11: Are You talked a lot about leaving plays on the field, and you guys hit on.
Speaker 5: To a lot of big plays. They lit up the score board. I mean, just what do you feel like to see the offense kind of at least I would imagine.
Speaker 4: Getting close to what you guys would wanna.
Speaker 6: Look like if you said that.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's pretty good, you know. I That's what we expected. That's what we expect out each other. You know, our offense to be moving about down the field. No problem in punt points on the board. But we need to just keep being consistent. That's the biggest aspect I've got out of this game.
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean we respect the whole summer asking you about Giving's offense and total top sad that you were, but is this kind of what you had in mind?
Speaker 5: Kind of what you were d Yeah, but we just need to keep doing the weekend and we got not just one game and next week, uh, the following week is oh where did the offense go?
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I don't like seeing stuff and hearing stuff like that, cause I believe we got a great offense.
Speaker 15: Wh you guys sick as all?
Speaker 1: Did you have one of the points toss and then took the ball and then you went out to playing.
Speaker 3: Score four down?
Speaker 10: Boy?
Speaker 1: How big and how important was that?
Speaker 9: You feel?
Speaker 4: Like that kind of step and totally to this game.
Speaker 5: I wasn't expecting because of all season, I don't believe we won a Coorn Toss. And I said this last week when we playing Tennessee on the side line, I'm like, we haven't won a Korn Toss and we begetting the ball first every game, you know. But when we won, I was expecting the defense go out there and then Snoop told me, yeah, we we out there first. I was cool with it, but we just had to be focused, and that's what we did today. We was a lot focused, a lot sharp, I believe, But we just need to keep doing it.
Speaker 6: Mar John talked about the offensive line seemed like a special in the first seven. I don't know whether I've ever seen you on the regular basins have as much time to throw as that you did.
Speaker 3: I mean, was that feel that way to you?
Speaker 5: First of all, the Detroit got a great defensive line, but I believe our offense just bought the tailoff. You know, f mol Tie, you know John Zeidler s running. Those guys just bloughed they tail off and with with the time that I had, I just had to get my receiver tight, running back, flow back the ball. You know what a great location. The Scuy's a living for offense. We just need to keep doing it.
Speaker 4: Or there were multiple times where you put the defensive impossible situation, you look like you're gonna run, and then you threw the ball. The big one was the Gus Edwards.
Speaker 3: Was that you is that coach Monkin? Was that schemed up?
Speaker 5: Actually?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it up.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say what was schemed up? We had success with it? It was schemed up. I don't want to give it away, But hats off the gus for you having to hit keeping his head up, you know what, doing what he's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: That was quarterback Lamar Jackson. We also heard it from tight end Mark Andrews on National tight End's Day.
Speaker 8: Mark Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: A couple of weeks ago, you described kind of sleep.
Speaker 11: You said, the turn you're supposed to sleeping giant when you start correcting some of the states.
Speaker 9: Do you feel like that's more in line of what you're capable of when you, you know, cut.
Speaker 3: Out the stakes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that was a I think we played really well.
Speaker 11: I think it was a fishing ball, consistent ball, and I think guys made plays left and right. Everybody on the field a lot of you know, we have a lot of dangers playmakers, so when we do that, we're efficient.
Speaker 8: It's hard to stop. And I think you saw that in the first four drives.
Speaker 6: Man, I know you wanted to have a big game every week, but do you have any extra motivation with today being nationally tightened?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I think you know, for me, we had a more importantly, we had a little boy in in our facility this week, Isaac.
Speaker 8: That was at the we're in an Isaac.
Speaker 11: Band and I had met him a few years back in La and he was going through a hard time. You know, life's not fair, and you know, he really touched me, and uh, it was awesome to see him this week. So I told him that, you know, we're gonna go out and I was gonna get him some touchdowns and win this game. And I'm just extremely blessed to be able to see him, see how strong he is right now, and just just the messages to continue to fight, man, just continue to fight and be happy. You know, people are going through things in life, and just take it day by day and just be happier, alive and taking a breath.
Speaker 5: Thuck he is Mark.
Speaker 3: Did it seem like horribles?
Speaker 4: I mean La Moors had games like this also play. It seemed like he was an how long point do you feel the mormles go to deck?
Speaker 8: He was slinging it and he was a man.
Speaker 11: He was you know, on the money all day, money lamar and yeah, you know at times, you know, just extending drives, you know.
Speaker 8: If you had to. But ballplacement was incredible.
Speaker 13: Surprised they were kind of a few guys a little bit as far as coverage.
Speaker 11: You know, I think that you know, they played hard, they're a good team, and you know, I think we took advantage of you know whatever, you know, whatever a monk saw, you know, he called a really good game plan.
Speaker 8: So you know, I think guys made place.
Speaker 9: Mark.
Speaker 10: You talked all season about how good the potential is of this offense. To put it all together in this game, what does that do for the offense moving board?
Speaker 11: Well, I think it's time, you know, you talk about the time of year that it is, it's you know, time to separate and and become the team that you want to you want to be. You know, I think if we can continue to stack, continue to get better and take it week by week. You know, now we're focused on Arizona and you know, hopefully you know, become even a better team this week than we were to you know, turn this game.
Speaker 8: So that's our goal every week is to get better.
Speaker 6: I mean, speaking in the marketing you we've heard you talk about putting losses or just winning the promise to find you do you have to do that syndary with a great performances.
Speaker 11: That's what Yeah, you know I'm gonna you know, my my mom and dad are in town and my girlfriend.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna celebrate that.
Speaker 11: And you know, I'm I'm already you know, looking on to Arizona. I'm excited about that to go home and play a good game. This is a big game for us, and no one in this locker room or this organization is going to take this lightly.
Speaker 12: Marco when you look at what this offense did today last week obviously not scoring, but does it feel like, you know, you guys are kind of getting more in sync with Todd and he knows what you do well, and you know what he likes to call. I mean, is that a thing for.
Speaker 8: I think today was lights out.
Speaker 11: I think, you know, just by Lamar obviously coach Monk, you know, from from the top down, you know, on the offense side of the ball.
Speaker 8: Those two guys were elite.
Speaker 4: Thing about this team that, I mean the overall team for the Ravens to go out and beat Alliance team they had the best record the NFL by thirty two points.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I think guys were guys were ready prepared and I think someone mentioned it earlier and just that the whole week in London and getting back here and I think that guys did a great job of getting their sleep, getting right, being being pros and showed today lights out all all three phases, you know, defense. Shout out to them they I mean, lockdown every game. It's every game. They're just bringing it. So we got a dangerous team and excited, like I said, just week by week.
Speaker 1: In addition to Mark and Lamar and coach Arbor who talked at the podium, we also went inside the Ravens locker room and talked with better linebacker Roquan Smith.
Speaker 14: So how would you describe that overall effort?
Speaker 7: I was pretty amazing, you know, like we said all week, man, we just came out and did what we had to do, and we just played our style of defense, and we just knew that they haven't seen it face the defense this year like ours.
Speaker 14: What does it feel like on the sideline on the field, But when you have your offense I'm talking about in the first half, when you have an offense clicking like that and your defense clicking like that at the same time, everything's going your way, what is the feeling, what's the confidence of ale?
Speaker 7: Like for this team, it's an amazing feeling. Then that should be the feeling all the time. You know, got a huge amount of faith in the offense as well as a huge amount of facing us on the defense. So we just got to come out play to the best of our ability, and I feel like we do that disguise the limit for us both.
Speaker 1: There was a lot made this week about there and then having one of the top ranked offenses. You ever in one of the top ranked defenses. What do you think this kind of win says and shows about this team, this defense.
Speaker 7: If I recall, I think early in the week I said, I'm from the show me business, so you know a lot of things happen here and there, but you got to show me once we are on the field. I don't believe in all the things.
Speaker 1: That you hear.
Speaker 7: And like I said, you know that chain hadn't been tested just yet, so that's what it was.
Speaker 8: Who was that your version of showing them. I'll let you be the judge.
Speaker 7: You know, I think the score is the judge as well as you know they got cheap yards at the end. But you know, hats off to just the way we played as a team and just proud to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Off shorts partial statement of sorts to show everybody.
Speaker 11: You could they get all this attention this week to show.
Speaker 6: People like, you know, we're pretty damn good.
Speaker 7: Oh well, a statement, I guess for the outsiders who you know, don't quite know exactly what we're about. But far as the guys in the locker room, we had faith all week, you know, from Tuesday, once we got Monday late, once we got back from London, we knew exactly what we had at hand, and we just went out hid the business accordingly from Monday until Sunday, and we finish it up and enjoyed tonight and then we'll move on to Arizona.
Speaker 1: The London trip, you know, there's a lot of talk about that and not taking the buy after. How do you think that? How pleased were you with the way that you guys responded during the week leading up to this point from the challenges of that trip?
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, And it was an awesome time over in London. Got the dub And you know, some people make excuses and some don't, So I'm not in the excuse making business, nor are the guys that's in this locker room. So we just go out do what we have to do and handle business accordingly.
Speaker 2: Remember to have that game in front of so many Ravens legends, you know, Sugs going in the Ring of Honor and all those guys watching there.
Speaker 3: What does it mean to you perform that way in front of them?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: This amazing feeling just knowing you know, those guys came before us, and you know set the standard what it means to play as a Raven, as a Raven defense as well, and you know the way those guys played. Man, It's just it means a lot just to be able to go out perform in front of those legends and you know everything they've done that's set up to the ravesmen to have the name that they have and coming from those guys. So it was an amazing feeling. I'm just happy we was able to take care of business and play Raven style in front of those guys.
Speaker 6: You've been saying that this defense doesn't happen, and just performance and support that you.
Speaker 5: Been saying all along.
Speaker 7: I think if you look at it every single week that we play, you know there's little things that's gonna happen. That's just you know, part of being in the league and and you know those guys get the paychecks as well, and they're some of the best in the business. But yeah, as I look at it, man from top to bottom, d line, linebackers, secondary, I don't really see any weaknesses. And if we're all on our game, it's very hard to move the ball on us, especially scoring. You know, they got that one late. But hey, you know, live despite another day. We'll bounce back on you.
Speaker 13: You've kind of become the.
Speaker 15: Guy who's getting a speech on the feeling huddle for the game curs for what you said.
Speaker 8: Those guys today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I normally don't share that information, but I'll give you a little sneak peek since she asked today. Uh, I'm feeling good, you know. But no, it was more so like I was just telling those guys, you know, it's our house. At the end of the day, you know, they say it was lions. They were coming to the bank, you know, it wasn't a den and a nutshell. And then you know, I talked to team security and umber everyone, and I told him lock the doors, you know, and we'll decide when we want to let them out. And I think we did it accordingly.
Speaker 1: That was linebacker Kwan Smith and his teammate Patrick quinn e got a locker right next to him, who also is flying all over the place today and really throughout the entire season. He talked today about the win over the Lions.
Speaker 13: We'll talk about that much, but we definitely know and uh, we just that's what we preached it. They don't spoke, man, they came in, so obviously we wanna keep showing the mind. That's why we so pissed about the freaking touchdown that we give up today.
Speaker 8: You know what it's up to right now? I have you know how many so you fell out so far?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 8: I thinks six?
Speaker 3: Six? Like one?
Speaker 9: Is it a special team? Right?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I know now.
Speaker 1: Y you know to that point of it, haven't played you guys yet. That was a common theme of what players said in here. Is that something that you guys really take seriously kind of is is that's a representation for you? Are you finish?
Speaker 8: Definitely?
Speaker 13: Uh, that's just based on who this team is and who this organization is before us, before we even got here. So we just trying to keep that brand of football going and every week just playing to our level, playing to our standard and not letting anybody just get any easy, cheap things. You know, they gonna have to work for every single thing when they come up in here.
Speaker 1: You guys don't shot away from any of that stuff. Do you think that kind of sets tone on game days about who you want to be and what you want to accompliment.
Speaker 13: Definitely, we feel like everybody gonna come through us no matter who it is. Obviously, they were a great team doing great things, and you gotta get credit winnings do like I said, but they have played us, so that's what the whole thing was just trying to prove today.
Speaker 1: That was linebacker Patrick Quin. We also had a chance to talk with safety Gino Stone, who came up with his fourth interception on the season, which leads the NFL.
Speaker 15: What do you think the key is for kind of having this performance every week as the season goes along.
Speaker 9: You know, it's just the fundamentals and the preparation we have each week. You know, you gotta get back to work Monday, I mean Tuesday, want to get back in the building and you just get ready, you know, get put ready to put another performance on next week in Arizona. So you know, stacking days, stacking each week. You know, that's a big thing so sweet? I sweet.
Speaker 13: You want to do talk for the London trip about how the Ravens were react.
Speaker 7: You guys went over there, got the win game back here, had maybe the best guys think in some ways able to that trip.
Speaker 5: Did sum up what you got.
Speaker 9: A little bit? You know, I feelt we had a lot of team bonding over there. A lot of guys go together things like that. We spent a whole week over it in foreign country all together, so you get the bond, and I feel like we're all get ready to step in the right right direction.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 9: I felt the offense starting to click, defense is clicking, special teams getting on the way. So I feel like we're just we're just ready to start her outs.
Speaker 4: You guys beat a good team by a big margin and just listening to lamar Our Andrews pretty soft spoken about it.
Speaker 3: What is the mindset do you celebrate or what is the favor?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you want to enjoy wins.
Speaker 9: It's hard to get wins in the NFL, so you always want to join the wins. By the end of the day, you know, we gotta get ready to go back to work. You know, we're playing another NFL team, next week. You know that wins don't come by easy this league, so you know, get ready to go to work and the day is what it is. You know the lines were a good team, but it's on.
Speaker 8: To the next opponent.
Speaker 14: What's the feeling amongst the team on the sideline or on the field, Like the confidence level when you guys are are are clicking like that on offense and then defense.
Speaker 8: I mean you just up and down.
Speaker 14: So what's the what's the confidence of for you guys?
Speaker 8: What's the feeling?
Speaker 9: No, conference level was high, but at the same time, you know, you know it's the league. The league is. You know, we got exposive offense everywhere, so defensive mindset, you want to go out there and keep doing it every snap, every every series because you know you don't want to give up because you know the teams come back in this league a lot. So I know you you're confident a lot what you're doing, but at the same time, you want to be able to walk.
Speaker 1: In That was safety Geno Stone. We also talked with left tackle Ronnie Stanley. Stanley had a great game, held up really well both in past protection and run protection and helped pave the way for Lamar Jackson's first touchdown of the game.
Speaker 15: You know, we're not worried about you know, to talk about the teams that we play. We're just trying to play to our potential and trying to be the best team we can be.
Speaker 1: Ronnie, take me through that touchdown block.
Speaker 15: You know, Uh, I just knew Lamar is behind me, and you know, I know, uh my boy Marsha Jana was here and I was thinking to myself, Well, what Marshall do in this situation is trying to channel my inner marchiando on that is that kind.
Speaker 1: Of a play, Like when that play was called, did you expect to be in that situation when you're one on one with a.
Speaker 15: Guy in space like that? Yeah, I I I knew that, Uh I was gonna be blocking someone one on one, so just you know, trying to do my job and uh ended up being a touchdown.
Speaker 10: So all talk about the red zend struggles from last week. To finish that drive off, the first drive fourth and one, you guys go for it, finish that off.
Speaker 8: How big a deal was that? Oh?
Speaker 15: It was a huge deal, you know, especially being our first drive of the game and you'll be able to cap that off with a touchdown and gave us a great, great, uh great start, and uh that was something that we really got to build on throughout the game.
Speaker 8: Proudie, I have Morgan's that there's like a it's a lot of fun playing for.
Speaker 12: A Monk because he's responsive as a coach, like takes in consideration what you guys like I think, excuse you kind of why I right.
Speaker 8: That and what it maybe leads to any game like this.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I love Monk and you know, just as approach to the game and the accountability has to to himself and to us. You know, he'll never point the finger at us. He's always you know, thinking about what he can do better, put some better position, and you know, to play for a guy like that, it is, you know, it's a blessing. And you know, I'm very happy, you know, cause he's always in there trying to trying to dial up things and make make us better.
Speaker 12: Part said it was a little PG thirteen after you got to the game ball most games.
Speaker 15: Was it just self deprecating or oh no, I mean Monk just likes to cuss a lot. But we're we're used to that, so it's all it's all good.
Speaker 1: I mean, you see a lot of great games from Lamar Jackson. You know, what did you think of this game today?
Speaker 15: Terms of how how go out in? He looks, Uh, Lamar's been focused all season. You know, he's locked in. He's he's not satisfied. He's been playing great and you know he won't be satisfied until we get a Super Bowl. So I know what I'm getting in my quarterback.
Speaker 3: Focus.
Speaker 15: You know, you guys had the game with all the drops and then with the Redds Trumps.
Speaker 3: We're just talking about what was the mood of this team coming into this.
Speaker 1: Game against you know, the team.
Speaker 15: That was right that, Uh, we just wanted to focus on ourselves and like I said, play to our potential. And you know, we know we were playing a good team. But I think when we put the folks on ourselves and we play to our potential, you know, like I said, I think we're an elite offense and I think we showed it today. But you know, like I said, Monk always says not yet. So no matter what happens, you know, we're never never there yet.
Speaker 3: Ronnie, help me through you with how the offensive line is coming together.
Speaker 12: Knowing you guys have had some injuries and guys in and out of the line up just coming together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I mean, guys have been baltaning through injuries all year and I'm very happy with you know, how guys are playing through them and how physical guys are playing. We're talking to each other. We have a lot of good chemistry and you know that's something that we're only going to build on and progress.
Speaker 1: There was a lot made about the London rivid challenges of it, but in some ways do you think that trip helped you as a team.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I do think that trip helped, you know, to be able to be there for a week, you know, kind of be you know, our hotel is kind of out of the way, there's not a lot of technology, so you know, we just kind of build some camaraderie and more chemistry. And you know, you come back and you have you know, everything at your disposal. You know, you feel a little bit rejuvenated and you feel like, you know, we have a lot, we have a lot at hand, and I know, guys, you know, came back maybe a little tired, but we bounced back real quick, got on our schedule and you know, just kept moving forward.
Speaker 8: The past protection was outstanding. Moore had a number of times in all day.
Speaker 10: What was it that kind of came together today that you guys hope so well?
Speaker 15: You know, I just think it's just going in every week, every day, just working on our technique, you know, always trying to get better and everything satisfied. And we knew that we needed to get better our offensive line. You know, give him a little more more time SOLIDI find the pocket more and you know, we went to work and doing that, and you know that's something we're going to continue to do and get better at as well.
Speaker 1: That was left tackle Ronnie Stanley. You also heard from ro Kwan Smith, Mark Andrews, Patrick Queen, Ginostone, coach Harbaugh, and Lamar Jackson. This is the Ravens Press Pass podcast. If you want more of a full breakdown on the game, head over to the Lounge podcast feed. We break down everything that we saw in this impressive victory by the Ravens. Make sure you leave a rating in a review. Thanks for listening. We'll be back with you tomorrow.