Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Jasmine is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Ryan. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date if she still wants one. But first, Jasmine, how long has it been since you heard from Ryan? It's been a week, okay, So have you reached out to him? And that week about how many times.
Speaker 3: Do you think I've reached out to him? Embarrassingly? Probably over twenty times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's a lot. Don't be embarrassed. I mean, I mean, I think that.
Speaker 4: We can all say that that ghosting is definitely happening here. Then yeah, unless he lost his phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both, Like who can survive without a phone nowadays?
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 2: What were the twenty texts or calls?
Speaker 5: Like, what did you say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I basically it was it was like more than twenty calls and then just a text. Has just been kind of like I kind of just been kind of writing paragraphs only because him and I basically met we spoke on this app and then before a meeting, we were just he was like hyping me up and just it was almost like love bombing, to be honest, now that I think about it, and now that I've spoken to my friends on it, but he kind of promised me a lot of things, and I guess I was just being really vulnerable. But before we met, he was telling me how pretty I was, and we were going to go to this place and we're going to go to that place. And then when I met him, he was so incredible, so like everything I could even ask for I checked off, Like I don't ever, I don't even know if people have to check box list. I don't, but if I were to have one, he's definitely that person. And he was witty, which is what I love so much. Yeah, when we met at this top bugs bar, and I was just super excited about everything. He paid for the check of course, you know, like any gentleman would, and yeah, I asked him if she was okay after that and absolutely nothing. But before then before we were the day, everything we're just like so many checks. It was like a lot. Like I said, it was like love bombing. And then we go on this date and it's the greatest time of my life. And then I was like okay, like you know, I was going to wait to see if he wanted to go ahead and give me a call, because that's like what you do. But he took too long. I was like hey, like are you okay? And then I was just like thanks for the night. And then after that, I've just been like, what's going on?
Speaker 4: So while you were on the date at the restaurant, it was so perfect, Like can you tell us about that? What were the conversations like, like what did you guys do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it was it was like NonStop, like talked about our future together. He was talking about he was talking about going to like Papo, going to like like meet his parents.
Speaker 5: That's superad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that I would wonder what was going on, but also it'd be kind of flaggy to hear somebody start talking.
Speaker 5: That way so soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you do or say anything on the date that may have I don't know, altered the course of this marriage.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean maybe I like appeared too eager because he's like, yeah, like we'll meet like my parents. I can't wait to show you like my grandparents too. And I was just like maybe, like I said, like, yes, too quick.
Speaker 5: That is a lot to go that far, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then now I just think maybe he's like he wasn't attracted to me or something, and maybe I should have wanted the parent dress, but I don't look basic. But I was like, I feel like I picked the perfect dress, like you know, like when you ask like your girlfriends when you're going out, and I did. Yeah. Now I feel kind of insecure and just not okay with the right selection that I even picked on my dress.
Speaker 5: Well not be anything about you at all.
Speaker 4: I mean, I understand turning to yourself like what's wrong with me and doing the superficial like clothing and stuff like that, but there's a really good chance it has nothing to do with any of that.
Speaker 3: But like, first date impressions are everything too, you know, like when I like, when you wear like a red dress that makes a big statement that maybe I should have just formed that one, and I just I wore a regular black dress, and I think that like a guy probably in the first date wants like a red statement piece dress.
Speaker 2: As a guy who's been on dates before, I don't think I would care black or red as long as you're wearing something or not pretty on where we meet. But you know, I don't think. Yeah, I don't know if the color of it, but hey, who knows. Everybody's different. Okay, Okay, plays on come back, get your first day follow up.
Speaker 1: Next first Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's first date follow up. Jasmine is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by Ryan. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's a ghosting her and see if she still wants another date after she hears the reason. But things moved pretty quickly. Jasmine, give a real quick recap for everybody who's just joining us on your situation with Ryan.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I feel like this isn't your regular like ghost story. I mean, like this guy sent me flowers before our date. He told me he wanted he told me we wanted to travel together, that I can meet his parents, he paid for the bill. Everything was good, good conversation, and now I absolutely haven't heard from him. And it went from so many messages of flowers to my door and now I don't even get a peep nothing.
Speaker 5: I would want to know. Yeah, I would definitely want to know what's going on. All right, Well, you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Here we go, Hello him. I seeking to Ryan. Please.
Speaker 6: This is Ryan, Ryan.
Speaker 5: How are you man? My name is Jubil from a radio show called The Jebel Show. Hi, Ryan, whole show's here. I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, what's up?
Speaker 5: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 7: Oh? Cool?
Speaker 2: No, Ryan, we're calling you because you went on a date with somebody and you haven't called them back. Okay, So I'm not sure if you've ever heard a first date follow up before, but that's the segment where if you go out with someone and then ghost them, they ask us to call you and ask why. So we got an email about you from Jasmine. Yeah, yeah, yeah, do you mind telling us about why you're ghosting Jasmine?
Speaker 8: Well, Jasmine's great, we have a really cool date. She is attractive, lovely. But you know what I have come to learn about myself that I am I have a lot of momentum in the romance department, and I need to cool the jets more often. And so I have decided for myself, no matter how good it's going. You know, as we're texting and talking beforehand, in the first five minutes, irl, if I don't.
Speaker 6: Feel something discernible its spark.
Speaker 8: I got to cut it off because I've gone down that road too many times hoping that would come because everything else seems so good. And then I'm months into a relationship and one you know, I just I'm too much of a romantic, so I need to I needed to draw.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, I don't like okay, okay, sorry, but it's kind of really refreshing to even hear your voice. But at the same time, now I'm kind of just like I'm really just in shock and taken by everything. If you're such a romantic and all of this stuff, wouldn't you have been polite to just send me a text back or call back and be polite, have, you know, like just and communicate let me know what's going on, instead of just leaving me out in the dark like that. That's really disrespectful. I honestly want to like curse your head off right now, but like I'm not going to just because I'm actually polite. I don't understand why you couldn't have just sent a message. You can go ahead and send flowers before, but you can't go ahead and send a message after our lovely date that we had because you didn't feel as.
Speaker 2: Dark, right, And that's Jasmine's been. She's on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: I got that.
Speaker 3: You're so much of a romantic, Like, what do you mean? How are you such a romantic? I hope everybody knows who this guy is and honestly doesn't want to be with you, because you should be a little bit more upfront if you're a romantic, have common turtesty.
Speaker 4: My biggest question for you, Ryan, though, is what made you want to buy somebody flowers before you met them and talked about family and all those types of things, and then like what changed in the moment where you felt comfortable doing that and meeting her in real life?
Speaker 3: Well, that is such a coward move to not even respond back to me.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm.
Speaker 8: Just I'm also pretty non confrontational and I don't like ghosting, but it has become a fact in our generation that that's just how people handle it. So I thought it was better than me explaining all this stuff to you about my rule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but being romantic is being vulnerable and having courage and all of that. So I don't even think that's what you are. I think you're actually like a narcissist, to be honest, if you're going to go ahead and like this is like, honestly just unbelievable. You shouldn't love bomb people like that. You shouldn't. You shouldn't do that. I wish you luck and and somebody I.
Speaker 8: Hear it, desmon, I was embarrassed that I went so far before we even.
Speaker 3: Met, and so I just know your howard.
Speaker 6: Responder like double back from that.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, well I really hope you learn your lesson and don't pull such a coward and move on the next person that you try and find a spark with, because I could mentally mess with people honestly, Like my friends aren't even enough now, Like having to see a therapist after this is like where it's leading to, like it's a little ridiculous. You should like, don't you can't do that stuff. I'm trying to find the love of my life here as a person that I'm supposed to be with. I think that's what everybody's job is and that's what they're trying to do, and you're going over here and then just like, oh, let me just like fake pretend and love bomb you and all this stuff and then just like stop and not talk to you, Like what are you doing with your life as a man?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry. I have to jump in again really quick, Jasmine. You're right, you shouldn't be ghosting you and all that stuff. And if you're in therapy, I think that that's wonderful. But that's not entirely his fault.
Speaker 3: How I think that, like, what if you were in my position? What if you were like ghosted like that? I don't think you understand.
Speaker 4: No, actually I do. I completely understand. I have been in your position. It's more about the relationship.
Speaker 5: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I'm just kind of hurt right now in the situation, and it's just like I didn't expect him to even answer.
Speaker 5: I get that.
Speaker 6: We'll just leave it there, Jasmine.
Speaker 8: I want to be really clear. I think you're amazing. I had a great time with you. It was it was me after our date processing this and realizing, you know what, I had gone too far and I didn't feel something that I wanted to feel before I proceeded, and you deserved better communication about that.
Speaker 6: But that that those are the facts.
Speaker 3: And I didn't want to lead you on or any further whatever.
Speaker 5: Ryan, would you like to go on another date with Jasmine? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: I would like to go on another date with you, Ryan.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, what you would? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I would, absolutely you would. Okay, yes, yeah, what. I'm busy tonight, but I.
Speaker 8: Do have a friend who I swear I just I say, you came to mind, but we went out. I think you guys are actually I can put you in Tosh, I swear.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: Really okay? Cool?
Speaker 5: All right, well that you guys. Seems like it worked out, Thank you, all right? Cool.
Speaker 1: Jubele's First Date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney Online at Advocateslaw dot com.