Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle.
Speaker 2: Get this.
Speaker 1: I'm coming to over forty cities across the United States, the UK, Europe and Australia to do this here Therapy Gecko Podcast Live. These shows will involve bringing folks from the audience up on stage to talk to a gecko about whatever they want, just like we do on the podcast. The shows are completely unplanned, completely unpredictable, and they will be a lot of fun. So if you're a fan of the podcast, you should definitely come out. Tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com and you should get them before they are sold out. That's therapy geckotour dot com. We'll put the link in the episode description as well. The live shows are are very fun, they're very geko wee, and I hope to see you there. All right, let's get into the episode. Hello, Hello, how are you good? I'm a gecko on the internet. It could be worse, absolutely positively, one hundred percent could be way worse.
Speaker 3: Well, I called because I wanted to recount and experience a recently I recently got out of a medically induced coma.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, you were in a medically induced coma? For how long?
Speaker 4: Yes? Six weeks?
Speaker 1: Wow, when did you get out?
Speaker 4: I got out of the coma late September. I had I got COVID in July, and I admitted to the emergency room on the thirtieth. And then midway through August becom me d coma took me up to what they call an XNOL machine. You see, M because my love stopped working. I had been vaccinated and boosted. But yeah, because I got a bat roll of the dice. M.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And uh So basically, the machine takes your blood out of your body and takes the CO two out and put sausage in in you can sit up and put it back in you. There were a few times I thought I was gonna die. I don't remember that because I was in a coma. But uh and then I was in the hospital until the end of December because I couldn't really move.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: After seeing all.
Speaker 1: Of that, have you ever I watched SpongeBob?
Speaker 4: Yes, I have.
Speaker 1: Do you know that guy talking about first they broke my arms and then they broke my leg. Do you know what I'm talking about that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kind of sound like that guy right now. I know that's insensitive to say, no, no, it's a good analogy. So hmmm, I'm kind of I'm very curious. Uh like, so you did you had no consciousness at all for six weeks?
Speaker 4: Yeah. And it also I guess this with your memory because I don't remember June or July and that was way before it was in the coma.
Speaker 1: Mm hm wow. Man, So when you woke up, how long did it take you to realize everything?
Speaker 4: Well, I had I had had a dream while I was in the coma that I had injured myself rock climbing, which is not something I do ever, So I don't know why. That's what my brain came up with. And that's when I woke up. Was are you guys gonna have to amputake my arm? Because I thought I had like mangled it rock climbing And she was like, that's COVID. I was like, oh, okay, m hm. And then you know, I uh, you know, I was in the koma on my birthday and uh, like, I guess people came and like sobering my birthday when I was in a coma.
Speaker 1: That's that's uh, that's kind of nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I woke up when I woke up, there was still like this happy birthday banner and stuff, and I was like, I was like, I didn't realize it was September, and I was like, why is this Like it's still all like in my head, but yeah, yeah wow.
Speaker 1: Huh so uh, how as you woke up back in September, because this is a few months ago. Yeah, did you suffer any permanent brain damage from the coma?
Speaker 4: You know, well, that's a hard question to answer, not as that is what I've heard other people have suffered, but it does sometimes affect my ability to recall words like all usually haven't if I get kind of excited about something that I'm talking about, oh as, I will just lose the words I'm trying to say and like lose track of that entire thought. And I was going to disappear.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like so you you at some point in this you said you you thought you were going.
Speaker 4: To die, you know the doctor so I was okay, I totally unconscious.
Speaker 1: They didn't even know. Has this given you I'm curious overall what kind of perspective this has given you in life? Like have you are you take do you take anything? Away from this experience that you have installed into your programming or like, what do you what do you feel like this gave you perspective wise?
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like I just wasted a lot of time in my twenties. Mm hmmm, specifically at the job I was working at, and it's not really something I wanted to do, but I was, you know, I I was a mechanic. I was good at it, but I didn't like doing it. And so I'm definitely thinking about a clear change and I try to make every day do something memorable and important and so it's not just a waste of a day.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 5: Hm.
Speaker 4: I guess I haven't seen a lot of people in their twenties kind of a whole lot.
Speaker 1: So the Koma gave you some perspective on you feeling like you haven't been using your time as effectively as as you want. And it says you're thirty now. Yeah, and you turned thirty while you were in the candy Land or wherever you go when you get a coma.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean I have a few dreams that I can remember from the coma.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us that.
Speaker 4: For sure? Yeah? The little wacky because of the drugs. The next one I'm render is after the rock Cluny incident, transported like air lifted to a hospital that was on a boat, like one of those giant shipping into airboats. They had turned it into like a mobile hospital or whatever isn't I don't know. And while I was there and they were like, you know, working on me, Satan was the captain like the boat, like you know that skiing red horns tail, you know. Satan, he h came and visited me and he's like, hey, I'm the captain. He had like a captain hat on. He's like, hey, I'm the captain of this boat. Like I know, I'm Satan. I got a bad rap and I'm trying to turn my life around. So I made this hospital boat to help people. And I was like, oh cool, thanks Satan. And he helped me with like physical therapy stuff because I like lost an arm in my dream and uh that one point they took like the insides of my body, like my got some hard and munkle and stuff and they took it out and they gave me like a you've seen Rick and Morty m you know, the the gear head. Do you as like a glass body with all the gears inside of it. I had a glass body like that with all my got some stuff inside of it for a while because they had to like fixed my real body or something. I don't know. Yeah, I also had a dream. Oh yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Did this give you a greater appreciation for Satan?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah. Think it's a bad rap, you know.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 4: I mean I had a grown up you know, until I turned about eighteen and like a very Jesus centric cults and uh, you know, so I kind of haven't been a big fan of Jesus since then, so you know, I'm down for down for some Satan.
Speaker 2: Mhmm.
Speaker 1: It's funny. They tell you that Jesus will come when you need him the most, but sometimes Satan shows up and I came in.
Speaker 4: He's he's doing the boat out there.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's hard being the captain of a hospital on a shipping container. But if anyone can do.
Speaker 4: It, Satan, Satan. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tell me about this other dream.
Speaker 4: Oh, I had dream with my sister that she produced the Super Bowl, which is really weird because she doesn't like football and I'm not not a huge fan either, But it was like a really big deal and like a she got like super stressed out, but then she got to like do a bunch of cool stuff she wanted to do. Like one of her favorite bands is the Killers, and she like got to produce an album for them because she did the super Bowl. I'm not sure how that works, but yeah, I mean that those are the big three dreams. I mean definitely the most time air quotes because I don't know how long the dreams were the most. The one that took up the most time was the Satany boat.
Speaker 1: Uh, so you got to spend a lot of time with Satan.
Speaker 4: You know, he was around. I mean he's cutting in the ship, so he could be just like kicking with me. We did, we did.
Speaker 2: Hang out all.
Speaker 1: Did you learn anything about him that you didn't know?
Speaker 4: Uh, he's not got the cards, which I thinks, you know, like you can't point. I thought he would be good out of it.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 4: Not so in the dam.
Speaker 1: Tell me more back to Okay, you said you felt like you wasted a lot of life in your twenties, and then you had this coma which knocks you out of more of your life. And now you're awake and you're talking to a gecko on the phone about how Satan visited you in a dream. Ah, tell me, have you done any memorable You said, You're trying to do memorable things every day. How how is that going for you? Well?
Speaker 4: I'm learning had a toad, which is something I've always wanted to do but I didn't really have time. And now I'm on disability because I you know, I don't have all my physical faculties. Yes, so I'm learning that and that's a lot of fun and a yeah, someone I could deal as a job that I've always been interested in, you know, and I've really set aside time to learn m H. Also when I've always a dad with my friends, which is nice. I haven't done my first few years. That's great scheduling speak cold on pretty see.
Speaker 1: So uh, do you feel as though you're primed moving forward to not waste as much time as you felt like you were wasting before. Do you feel you're in a good yah to attack life better?
Speaker 4: Definitely? I mean I'm still working on getting like like range of motion and like strength back because the actresses from the coma, but like the more Stamini idea and the more like strength I get, I can you know, go through more stuff like I went on like very small hikes last weekend just to go out and be in nature, which is it was just fun, ye know.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, huh. Do you tell me about your friends and family. Do you live with anyone?
Speaker 4: Well, when I'm living with my grandmother, but I was living with the roommates before the come on, and it was like, yeah, I wouldn't have been able to move back even with them to say exciting more care than I'd want to put on my friends, you.
Speaker 1: Know, sure, yeah, yeah, huh, Well, I guess before I ask any more questions. Uh, is there any other aspect of this, uh that you wanted to talk about on here that that you feel like, is I don't know, and integral to your experience? No?
Speaker 4: Really only yeah, there's nothing. I mean, they thought I was gonna have to be on dialysis for the rest of my life, but my kidneys because they no mother when my kidneys just stopped working while I was in the coma, and uh, but I got functioned back full function. So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: In you know, hearing you talk about this stuff, it really is making me think. I'm like, man, I really do take for granted the fact that I have working kidneys.
Speaker 4: It is nothing. That's something I never thought about before. That's for sure.
Speaker 1: I say with full confidence that I have never I this is the first time I think I'm ever thinking about my kidneys. It is right here, right now.
Speaker 4: Tell me what it really sucks. Dialysis really sucks because I feel like taking your blood out of your body and you get really cold anyway, but you're also like sweating and then you're just you have no energy the rest of the day. It's like you're really taxing. Uh ordeal you wait to wait.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm an idiot. You did have to do dialysis or you didn't have to do it.
Speaker 4: When I came out of a coma, for a few weeks, maybe a month, I was still doing dialysis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you doing it anymore?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, Before I even got out of the hostel, I was back to normal kidneys.
Speaker 1: Okay, good. You know what's funny. I was just talking to someone about this today. I was just thinking about this. There's this like conflicting idea in my head about comparison to other people and their problems, like like this idea that oh, well, there's you know, children starving in Africa there's you know, people whose kidneys are fucked up, so my problems actually aren't that bad. And there's two there's two conflicting thoughts I have about that. The one is that you know, everyone's problems are relative, and just because you know someone else has it worse than you doesn't mean that your problems aren't valid. And I think there's truth to that. But also, you know, look, there are children starving in Africa, and there are people whose kidneys are fucked up, and my kidneys are pretty good and I'm not starving, so you know, I should shut the fuck up and be happy.
Speaker 4: I think there's a balance to that, Like, there's a balance, but I think I think the.
Speaker 1: Understanding that things could be way worse I understand and why that's commonly looked at as a toxic thing, but it's also pretty fucking true.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean it's a good it's a good thing to like kind of, you know, realize that your phonems are real, but also like keep yourself in check, like, oh, I had a meal today and someone didn't, ye know, mhm, Or I could take a place today and somebody couldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean, listen, after having gone through dialysis, and now that you don't anymore, do you on a regular basis, go, man, fucking hell, yeah, I'm not doing that anymore. Today is a great day just because I didn't have to do that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, every day at least, oh every day.
Speaker 1: See that's the thing, right, is every day you've got and tell me if I'm wrong, but every day you've got to have some kind of higher baseline of happiness just by the feeling of gratefulness of thank god, I don't have to do that shit anymore, you know, thank god I made it out of that coma. You know, you do you feel that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like my baseline for happiness is lower, Like I don't have to doudn't have to be like nothing crazy to have im Like if I can take a system like sleep.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good day, good day, great day. If you can take this and you go outside and your arms move, that's a great fucking day. I've really been thinking about this so much lately. It's it's it's you really do have everything you need to be happy, like just right in front of you. If you can the breathe and drink water and shit, you know, I'm really trying to bring my baseline. I'm glad to hear that your baseline has gotten lower. I'm trying to bring mine down as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I do it a hard way. I wouldn't recommend thanks homa mm hm, you know any worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't see myself going to a doctor and asking him if he could do dialysis on me just so that I can be just so I know how bad it could get.
Speaker 7: Although maybe, you know, maybe I will do that, you know, if I'm ever feeling That's what I should do. Next time I'm feeling depressed, I should go to a doctor and ask them to take all of the blood and piss out of my body so then I just.
Speaker 1: Know I know how hard it could really get. Yeah, James, it's been a pleasure talking to you man. I appreciate you sharing all this stuff with us. Uh it's good, good good food for thought. Is there anything else you want to say to me or the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: You know, have a good day, you know, remember, you know, think about all the good things you got. You don't know how long it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Here, Try to appreciate what's good in life and uh win in doubt. Hail Satan.
Speaker 4: Hal satin so yep.
Speaker 2: Hello, oh my god?
Speaker 6: Is this the gek?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 6: This is Anna?
Speaker 1: Hi? Anna? How are you doing? Uh? You know, I'm.
Speaker 6: Pretty solid, just instacarting making some money right now? Life could be better.
Speaker 1: Okay, this caught my I here. Okay, I need to know, uh, what's going on? It you? Okay? You told the call screener that I saved you from being sex trafficked.
Speaker 6: Yes, you one percent?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 6: I'm so serious?
Speaker 1: Okay? Let me yeah, I'm one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: How okay, okay, I'll take you through it. So I called in about twenty one. I was like about this time of year, and I was calling because I was like in this relationship with this couple. It was like a I guess, like a thropple or whatever, and I like thinks it was very like weird.
Speaker 1: I remember exactly who you are?
Speaker 6: Are you being so for real? Shut up?
Speaker 1: I remember exactly who you are. You? Uh, were in a thing with this older couple that sounded extremely sex trafficking. Yes, oh, and your friends, niece and your friends told you not to do it, am I correct? Your friends were telling you to get out of there right, yes, yes.
Speaker 6: But like it was like I wasn't comfortable like really going into like whatever. Like it was weird, but it was like not weird enough to set off any alarms in my brain. So I was like, Okay, my friends they're like but you know, they're like they're looking out for me. They're gonna tell me to go the second that it seems weird. But at my head, I was like, oh, they're buying me stuff and life is good obviously being like woven into whatever trap they're trying to set for me. And then I told you about it, and you were like, at first you're like, well, this is not that weird, and I was like, okay, yeah, you're right. But then you were like, hold on, you're because they told me to go on a trip with them to Puerto Rico, and you said, do not go on that trip. This seems very now and not for your advice. Completely blocked them, like completely stopped seeing them. Yeah, and I he got no. And this is the kicker. The dude got arrested for false imprisonment among some other charges, and the people who are like we're in the social circle we're with, we're like, yeah, like he was involved with like sex trafficking. Like this is two years later that I'm just now finding this out.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, damn. You know what's crazy is I'm reading because you know, look, I just show up on this Twist stream and fuck around and say things, and I'm like, oh no, I actually influenced decisions that people make. Mhm.
Speaker 6: See I can be like dead or worse st right now. So like, I just I'm so for real. I just wanted to say thank you because I respect the hell out of you and your show, but like, I'm so serious, like you saved my life, and thank you. I'm so grateful.
Speaker 1: Well, well, a couple of things, A couple of things. I appreciate your appreciation, but I think you and your own wits about the situation, uh, saved your life perhaps in talking with me, uh you know those those those were activated somehow. But you know, at the end of the day, you were the one that made this the smart decision to get out of there. So I hope you give yourself some credit for that. Huh. Okay, By the way, I totally I just I totally remember this. I don't know what episode it is or whatever. Somebody will find it, but yeah, I totally remember this call. How old were you when you called me? You were like, what was the how long ago is this?
Speaker 6: I was like I was fresh, I was like almost turning twenty and now I'm like almost turning twenty two.
Speaker 1: Wow. When is the last time you you saw this couple?
Speaker 6: I mean I saw them, like I'm telling you, like after that phone call and what you said about me, you know, activating and that makes perfect sense. But like I completely blocked them, like they would hit me up on other platforms. I just wouldn't talk to them, like just cold turkey. It was kind of hard because like not gonna lie, like the way they kind of approached me and would give me things, and I was a broach broke college students, like who wouldn't want those, you know, presents and gifts. So like I was kind of like sad to let it go, But now I'm so glad I did.
Speaker 1: Wow. Oh man, Well, I also I feel like I lost you a bunch of money, so maybe maybe that kind of it all balances out. I feel bad for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh uh huh, I got a bone to pick with you though, Oh god, you were no, We're so cool, trust me to get you. You are always cool in my books. But coming to Atlanta. I'm from Atlanta and I'm so glad, but I'm studying abroad in Tokyo and you don't have a show in Tokyo. So like I've been like making these plans to go to all your shows, like I'll be in Tokyo when you're supposed to be here.
Speaker 1: Ah, it's a shame. Yeah. Well I did a show in Tokyo back in December. That was fun, but I don't think. I don't know if I'll ever do it again then maybe who knows.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, shit, why what you live in Atlanta? Just fly back, trust me.
Speaker 6: Looked at the point. Tickets not but I am going. Okay, all is not last. I'm going to the Greenville and North Carolina show.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, great, all right, so I'll see you. You definitely got to come on stage and we got to talk about this in person because this is fascinating walk Actually, I mean, look, I'm well, I am for a but I want to know. I mean while we're on the phone together. Okay, so you called me two years ago. You were talking to this older couple. Fucking sketch as hell. We talked about it. He said, you're not going to talk to them anymore. Fucking found out the guy was a sex trafficker. That's insane. Where are we at now? What are you doing with your life? You were a broke college kid. You were relying on these folks for money and whatnots. What's going on with your life these days?
Speaker 6: Well, unfortunately, still a broke college student. But you know that's say, love you. But I am saving up to study broad in Tokyo right now. I leave pretty soonish, so I'm instakarting and doing anything I can to make money basically anything. Life is a it's okay someone, Oh my god, someone sorry? This is like so like what is it like off irrelated but unrelated Jesus Christ unrelated. But someone was gonna pay me a lot of money to like have sex with him and ship. But I was like, you know, knowing my luck with stuff like this, probably shouldn't but like it would have been my whole month's salary in like two hours.
Speaker 1: Well, Anna, I am honored to save you from being sex trafficked again by telling you to.
Speaker 4: Not do.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, yeah, I you know, at least I'd like to believe I'm not this naive, but like maybe just money is my weakness. Maybe money is everyone's weakness.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm hmm. Look, well here's his thing. Here's look. Look I'll tell you this. Look, if you want to go do sex work and like, you know whatever, it is only fans or or I mean what I mean, you know, texting folks, you know, go for it if that's what you want to do, but just be safe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess the kicker is I don't really talk to I mean, I can talk to a gecko that this therapy of mine about this. But you know, it's not like I don't want to ask the world about what any kind of ricrificulated this. But you know, it's one of those things where I'm just in a weird position of my life and we've all been there, or we just want to do anything we can because we're in our twenties and that's where I'm at right now. So I'm just trying to get the cash to do it.
Speaker 1: You know, on a you're you're you're a hungry hustler. You know, you're trying to you're trying to make it big in this world. I I I appreciate that about you your and I remember I remember feeling this way when we talked for the first time, that you were you know, you had this Uh how what's what's vivaciousness? Maybe you could call it vitality for life? You want to get out there, you want to experience, you want to go, you want to do. Great impulses to have, but balance them out a little bit by uh you know, trying to build a bit of a better judgment is to what may or may not you know, get you in a bad situation.
Speaker 6: Is that I blame my Yeah no, that's Honeyson fair. I blame my undeveloped front a little bit time. I can give it three years and I'll be there. But yeah, I got to filter out but not so great ones.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: It's hard when there's a big pay attached to it.
Speaker 1: How is instacart going?
Speaker 6: Let me tell you.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Gek people.
Speaker 6: I will go around the grocery store. I'll get paid eight dollars to shop around for like an hour sometimes longer, and then deliver to people's houses and then it tipped me. But you know, it's kind of weird to tip on groceries because you're thinking well, it's not like a service you normally have. You feel like you have to tip, So I am here making nothing like Luckily, I've done this long enough. I know how to hustle and like get the best like jobs and find people who will tip more. But I swear it is so tiring. I mean, well, I know my way on a grocery store like the back of my hand now, but it just doesn't feel like it's worth it.
Speaker 1: You know, I can see being an instacarter and daydreaming about how much more lucrative prostitution would be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but be.
Speaker 1: Safe and U okay, don't do anything wild. Keep trying to you know, live a fun and good life. And I don't know, Yeah, it might be more boring to do instacart, but at the end of the day, at least you're not in danger. And here's the thing is that if somebody kills you, you can't go to you can't go to Tokyo at all, You can't go anywhere ever again if that happens. So it's actually so your your own safety, so so looking after your own safety. It's actually part of fulfilling your vitality for a crazy life, because if you are are not safe and you die. You can't you can't do stuff. That's one of the parts, that's one of the tenants of death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, death is.
Speaker 6: Kind of permanent and irreversible, but it's coming.
Speaker 1: I get that well, and I well, I'll listen. I'm I'm like I said, I feel a lot worse after this call because now I'm realizing. Now I to think about all the people that I didn't save from uh impending doom by telling them that they should what.
Speaker 6: You said, Remember what you said. It was at the end of the day, it was my impulses and I did it myself. You can't blame yourself if you tell me. I can't say it's all on you. You can't say it's all on you as well, know what.
Speaker 1: Anna, God damn right. Everything everyone does is their faults, not mine.
Speaker 6: Hey, you're just a gecko on the internet.
Speaker 1: And is there anything else do I say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, I've been so excited to do this. I have nothing planned, but I just want to say I'm excited. But yeah, just life, see what happens. Go at the slow chase that bag, but do it safely.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: For calling Anna, no problem, have a nice night.
Speaker 1: Egg trying to think of what I make of that. I try not well, I don't know, because I try not to tell people what to do. But I'm glad I told her what to not do so that she didn't get sold. I feel like that was a good thing to do. I'm still going to try not to tell people what to do, though.
Speaker 4: Holy shit, I think I'm on yep you are, Oh hey, what's up?
Speaker 6: While?
Speaker 4: How's it going going good?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm chilling? I'm chilling. So I'm not going to waste your time here. I'm going to keep it real with Yeah. So I called today because I just review bomb the former employer, and now I'm kind of feeling conflicted about it, you know, because now they're taking in it as an affront that that, like my review is going to affect their family. It's almost like, you know, like sea otters and they're like, oh, don't kill me, predator, and then they put like the baby in front of it to try to get compassion.
Speaker 4: That's what it feels like.
Speaker 5: But I still stand by it.
Speaker 1: That's really that makes analogy. All right, tell me more, tell me what this business is tell me, uh why they things ended in such a way that would make you want to do this, and then tell me what your conflicting feelings are.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's a boba shop and I worked there for about a year essentially, you know, they started me working like really high hours and then slowly they started to drop down. Then they're like, hey, you know what, We're gonna make you a shift lead.
Speaker 8: I took it because I.
Speaker 5: Was like, hey, ray, fuck yeah, and then I was like, wait, this job fucking sucks. And I just kind of realized, like, I don't like any of my co workers. I don't like any of this. And then out of nowhere, they all started blaming me for like the for the store being super messy, and I'm like, my guy, I'm cleaning out here. Nobody else is cleaning, you know.
Speaker 8: So I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 5: So they took out down my hours more without telling me that was the reason why. The manager at the time said, yeah, so we're taking down your hours because we're training new stash. But then when I talked to the owner about it, he was like, they said it was because you're uncleanly.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what the fuck.
Speaker 5: So, you know, like I quit and h I've had a job now for about a month. And then I guess they've been getting a string of bad reviews. And my friend was like, yeah, they want us to write good reviews and they'll give ten dollars if we write like a five star review. And I'm like, man, that's kind of scummy. So I put a one star review and I put how like sometimes they still expired boba and I called it muck tea, not milk tea. And I even put it's almost like management pays staff to write.
Speaker 8: Five star reviews.
Speaker 3: And now.
Speaker 5: Now it's like because it's it's not like a corporation, it's like it's weird. It's like a franchise sort of a deal. So it's like family runs. It's like the worst parts of a family run corpse like business and the worst parts of the corporation in one business.
Speaker 1: All right, let me ask you.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this thing about how they this thing about how they sometimes serve expired boba, mm hmmm is that true.
Speaker 8: Yes, I've got pictures of it.
Speaker 5: My friend like done it and I'm like, oh, that's kind of kind of icky. They sound like have you is there maggot, have.
Speaker 1: You had the bolba at the shop?
Speaker 8: I have, I have, but not when it was expired.
Speaker 5: I got it one okay, okay to eat it?
Speaker 1: Is it? Is it good and.
Speaker 8: Mid at best?
Speaker 5: And I don't say mid asan just like bad, I mean like actually like middle tier.
Speaker 1: All right, let me ask you this question. Yeah, what do you actually think of this boba shop?
Speaker 5: I really don't like it. You know, It's I felt really dicked around the entire time I worked there. Everything there was a hassle, and I don't know, it's almost like.
Speaker 8: I feel bad for doing it.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, it's therapeutics, both quitting and the bad review in a way.
Speaker 1: So my thing with the bad review is that, I mean, look, you didn't lie. You gave, in my opinion, your honest review of this boba place.
Speaker 8: Exactly. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I don't think that you necessarily did anything wrong. I mean, yelp ex was the fucking yelp. Yeah, I'm mean, look, yelp exists for people to come on and give their honest reviews of these businesses and products, and you gave an honest review of this business. Yeah, you didn't lie. I think if you if looks if these guys had kind of if you had lied about the expired boba thing, I would have thought that was fucked up. But it's the truth. It's the truth.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: It is true. It is true.
Speaker 1: And go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I already I already lost my train of thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this this this, this this company. Why here's what I don't understand. Why is this fucking bulba shop? Like, all right, they got a bad review. Why are they acting like it's the end of the universe for them and that they need to, you know, beg you to get rid of it.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a big question I've always had too because even like when I started working there, they're like, we got one one star review, guys, we need we need you guys to put a five star review, and we'll pay you fifteen dollars to do it. And it's like, whoa, whoa, what the heck it's just a one star review, you know.
Speaker 1: Like Jewish boba shop owners.
Speaker 8: No, they're Asian, but you know the way they handle their money.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, that's that's bad.
Speaker 8: I can't say that.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'll give you. I'll give you the one jew pass that I can give you.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Ele. They're they're they're a smidge jewy with their money, all right, they drastically underpaid everybody.
Speaker 1: Blow it down, my friends. You're taking the past too far.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's all right, Zach. Listen, Zach. Here's my thing, though, why do you keep like why are you fighting with these folks? You know what I'm saying, Like, what's the confence? What? What? At what point does continuing to engage with this conflict hurt you?
Speaker 5: I don't know, because you know, like, if anything, I almost feel like putting that review after the dust had already settled for me, already quitting, because you know, it's been like a few weeks since I quit.
Speaker 8: It almost feels childish to me, like.
Speaker 5: Why am I doing this? Why am I spending the energy?
Speaker 8: When I'm done?
Speaker 5: You know, And I'm kind of sitting with myself. Yeah, you know, I don't know if you've ever heard of Marcus Rellis's meditations, but there's some stuff I've been you know, looking at and thinking about and trying to apply to my life and I'm.
Speaker 8: Sitting here like, what is this adding? What is this adding to the world?
Speaker 1: I mean, the truth is, you know fucking nothing. You know you're engaging in this. I'man like, here's because you're you told the truth, which is why I don't think you did anything, uh necessarily wrong. But again, you fighting with this Boba store and you know, uh, you're familiar with the idea of something living in your head, had rent free that was going on here if you continue to engage in this conflict, and so look, if I were you, I I and you know, yeah, I h no, I love the stoic philosophy ship because yeah, I mean, this is not adding anything to your life at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, So I would drop it.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think I'm gonna go with that, Lyle. I think I'm gonna go with that. I think I think that's just it. I think I'm gonna leave it where it's at.
Speaker 1: Uh, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: Boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: What that means? Okay, have a going man, all right, all right, no more, no more? Juw joke passes Hello, Hello, who is this man?
Speaker 2: This is this is BeO.
Speaker 1: And what's what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Be No, that's crazy? People, actually do you do? Sound different? That's crazy. But so with me, I would say I have this issue right now, a tough decision. So I do TikTok live streams and I tend to uh make out with an anime cutout of a Naruto character for like, like you know, shock value.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure which way I should go with, Like, I get a lot of comments where you know, they're pretty uh, they're pretty harsh, and and I'm debating if I should continue on doing it for my tick talk career.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you make out with a cardboard cutout of a Naruto character for live streams, and you're speaking whether or not you want to continue doing it because you get a lot of negative comments and that makes you want to not do it. Yes, okay, so we know the reasons for you to not do it. What are the what are the pros? What do you enjoy doing about this that would keep you doing it?
Speaker 2: So the big thing is is that it makes a lot of people stop and like actually watch it. So I get a lot of views when I make out with the Naruto character. And it's also I find it kind of funny. There's a lot of people who you know, don't really like it, but that's part of it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you do it because it's a little funny, and I agree, it's like, you know, it's kind of funny. It's a little funny and it gets your views. Yes, okay, so I I you know, look, I think you should keep doing it if if you enjoy doing it and if you think it's funny. I think it would be tragic of you to stop doing it just because people on the internet are saying that it's weird. I think that's not a good reason to stop doing something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the big thing is is like they say a lot of things like like go touch grass, you get no girls, you're ugly, and like they even get down to the point where they're calling me like a pedal for it, even though it's like a character of age and it's cardboard.
Speaker 1: Okay, and so let me really bothers me.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 1: S sure, I understand that. I mean, do like, are you self conscious about like that you don't touch grass or that you don't get girls? Or about any of these things that people are saying about you.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm pretty like, well, I know I touch grass and get girls. So but it is annoying and it's hard for me to like do alive and not kind of start to get upset a little bit and get mad a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, well, well, all right, well listen, all right. You know that you get girls. You said it just now. You know that you touch grass. You know that you're not a pedophile, right, you know those things. You know those things very well. You're confident in them, right, So is it Why does it matter that you on the internet are saying anything about them? Lyle?
Speaker 2: Does it not hurt when you get like comments of like people like, oh my god, old man in a gecko costume, he's so lame?
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: You know that doesn't hurt.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you this man. I was thinking about that later. I'm glad you asked me that. I I yeah, I do. I I'm I'm very lucky that the internet is largely very kind to me. But yeah, I mean every every everyone who has ever done anything publicly on the internet has received negative comments. No matter what the fuck it is. Everyone who's ever put themselves out there in any capacity on the Internet has received negative comments, and everyone has their own kind of relationship with dealing with them. And I mean, here's my thing, is uh, I am trying over here, I am doing my damn best, i am putting on a gecko costume, I'm showing up, I'm talking to people on the phone, I'm posting it on the internet. That's all I give a shit about is that I tried. I gave it a shot. I got up out of my bed and put on the fucking suits and sat in the chair and did the thing. You got out of your bed. You decided, you know what, I'm gonna try to do something funny because maybe it'll make somebody else laugh. At the very minimum, it makes me laugh. And you tried, right, Yeah, So that to me, that's all that matters. And if people want to say things that are negative, people can say whatever they want about me, they can say whatever they want about you. But we tried, we gave it a shot. We could have not we totally. I totally don't have to be the hero. Totally don't have to be talking to you right now. You totally don't have to go make out with an anime character on TikTok. We don't have to do it right. We could have not done it, but we did it, and that's all that matters is that we gave it a shot and that and that's what I think about when uh, you know, somebody says something negative on the computer.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you're right about that. Uh yeah, you're definitely right, because it is everybody receives negative comments. Yeah, I guess I just got to learn how to cope with it or ignore it.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is uh, you know, this is a skill what you're doing here. I know it sounds like I'm saying that facetiously, but you're you are putting yourself out there. You are learning. You know what I've learned, I've learned to take the hit when I read people say things about me. I've learned to just take the hit, to just let it, you know, like suck it in. It's like, you know, learn how to get punched in the stomach. You're tighten up your fucking gut and you just take the hit and it feels a little good in a weird way, to just be like I can I can take that. But I've been reading negative shit about me on the internet. You know, As I said, people are mostly kind, but I feel like I've learned to take the hit. So next time you see something negative, just learn to take the hit and realize that what you're doing every time you read a negative comment and you don't let it get to you is you're becoming more powerful at the skill of putting yourself out there. And that skill of putting yourself out there is just so fucking valuable because you can do anything with it. So continue making out with the anime cardboard shamelessly and just take the hits.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, I think you're right, probably for the most part.
Speaker 1: No, go ahead, what are you going to say? Are you gonna say?
Speaker 2: First? I was just gonna say, shoot, uh, I forgot what I was want to say.
Speaker 1: What you were going to say? That eventually you were you said, you said eventually, I blank.
Speaker 2: Yes, eventually I think I'll become numb to it probably, I think, yeah, it would come to that.
Speaker 1: That's when you become that's when you start to have a superpower that you can use for you right.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, so that's what you have.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not perfect, you know. I'm sure people say things that I'm like, you know, I'm getting better and better at taking the hits. I'm not gonna say I have the superpower, but I'm I'm with you. I'm trying to get there.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, sweet, Yeah, we can do it together.
Speaker 1: What's your TikTok.
Speaker 2: Uh? It's vibeing with bino so b I b I n w I t h b E n oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, next time I do a TikTok live, I'll bring you in and I'll just hang out. I make out with the fucking well you make out with.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, character, let's go.
Speaker 1: That'll be quite a live stream. All right. Do you know anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: I do have a question for you. Have you ever thought about having uh Ethan or Ela Klein from H three H three on your podcast?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was on.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I was on uh H three. I was on H three a year ago and I still all the time have people well I was on there a year ago and I was all the time. People are like, yeah, I recognize you from H three and I'm like, man, that's crazy. That people are still finding me from that a year ago. But yeah, yeah, I might reach out, you know, I know he's a busy man, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you guys have a lot in comment. You know, you're both Jewish and on the internet, so that's we are. I think you guys would be yeah, you got you put it like that.
Speaker 1: It's really a match made in heaven. You know, anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love everybody. I watch your podcast all the time at work. I was listening today. Honestly, since you told me this. It gave me a lot of motivation. And I haven't really been, you know, on really been posting a lot. So I think this is like the good the good boost that I needed. So thank you, Lyle, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well everyone everyone, uh, well, look, everyone's gonna everyone's gonna follow you on TikTok now and just comment about what a mega chat you are.
Speaker 4: So let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for calling Bino, Bye bye, Lyle, love you. Let's see what am I actually think about negative comments on the internet. I don't know, I'm not, by the way, I just want to clarify something because I feel like, just now I maybe painted an unrealistic portrait because Bino said he was like, I was like, I said, it becomes a superpower, which I do believe, and then he was like, so that's what you have. I just want everyone to any anytime this is. This is to me the danger of getting too advicey on here, which I don't like to fucking do, but I do anyway because I just get lost in it or whatever is I don't I'm not. I don't say this ship from a point of I've mastered it. I would like to think I've gotten decent at doing what I was just talking about, taking the hits when people say shit about me on the CA It's certain thing certain things that it's like, it's certain things that I don't care about and certain things I do. It's the things that i'm the most that I'm the least self caught, Like if I'm not if I'm not self conscious about something and somebody said like if somebody says like the gecko got really fat, I'm like, I don't. I know, it doesn't bother me. But if someone says like, oh, the show is bad or this or whatever, then it bothers me a little bit because whatever I wanted to be good. But at the end of the day, I you know, what I cling to in those moments is that I have tried, so whatever if it was bad that day, at least I woke up and did something. And that's so that's what I cling to. But I'm not a a a master by any means of any of the fucking things that I tell people about on this stream. I am merely a geck in the computer.
Speaker 3: The Rep Get goes.
Speaker 1: On the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 8: The repin Cat.
Speaker 3: Goes doing his ride. He's teaching you a house in the mid of
Speaker 5: Your life, but he's not ready an expert.