Speaker 1: Hey, I do Part two.
Speaker 2: It's your celebrity mentor Kathy Sports and I'm here today with my producer, Heather, and we are going to break down the headlines and there's a lot of them to talk about today. How are you doing, Heather.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Kathy. There is so much going on in the world of Part two. It makes me feel normal sometimes when I read these headlines.
Speaker 1: I am right with you. Should we just jump right into it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's jump into it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Britney Cartwright is very upset after some cozy photos appeared of ex Jack Taylor and her former publicists.
Speaker 1: They were leaked.
Speaker 2: It's been close to two years since Britney filed for divorce from Jack's. They were married for four years, and six months after their separation, Vander Pump Rules alum Jack's is now dating, surprise, surprise, his publicist, Luri Krebs. Crebs was also The Valley Star Cartwright's publicist until the photos leaked. TMZ has published photos of Jack's with Crebs in Mexico on Monday, July thirteenth, and apparently this relationship has deeply developed over the past few months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm shocked, but I'm not shocked, okay, when I see these photos, because Laurie and Jacks have always kind of had some weird, flirty, too little, too close kind of photos that they've posted together on the internet, and even like when he's been with Brittany, like since he's it's that's why it was like not when Jack's was single, Like these pictures were like throughout his marriage and relationships, so it was always a little too close I thought for a working relationship in terms of photos. I'm a little bit bug for Brittany in this. You know, it's just another way that Jacks has kind of jacked her. It's, you know, very typical Jack's behavior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this isn't new for him.
Speaker 3: No, he's he's always kind of doing things that he's not supposed to be doing. But it's just hilarious because if anybody's watched The Valley, you know, when they were initially going through the beginning stages of their divorce, Jax was harping on Britney about the fact that the first guy she kind of dated hooked up with after they decided to split was somebody that Jax knew like a distant friend. So the fact that like he was so adamant about that. How horrible that was that Britney did that To then turn around and go get into a pseudo relationship with the woman that's been not only representing you for years but also your ex wife soon to be ex wife. It's just a little you know, Jax, Come on now, it's literally what you said was so upsetting to you a year ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, things change in a year. I feel the most sorry for their little five year old son, Cruise, because this stuff is playing out. People see it, people talk about it, and I'm with you, I'm not really surprised because it's it's part of how he's behaved in the past, and I'm not really shocked that when you have that kind of triangle, you know, publicist for both of them and close relationship, I'm not shocked that somebody crossed the line.
Speaker 1: I'm really not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's very typical. But we'll have to see how this kind of continues to unfold, because definitely, uh, Britney no longer is using this publicist as to what's being reported right now. Okay, moving on, Crystal Harris says she regrets marrying Hugh Hefner and that she forgot her own worth to fit into his life. Now, everybody kind of remembers that Krystal Hefner married Hugh Hefner not long before he passed.
Speaker 4: People probably won't remember this, though.
Speaker 3: That they were engaged before that, and she actually left him like a couple of days before their set wedding, and she left him and got into a relationship with doctor Phil's son, and that's who she was with for a minute.
Speaker 4: Now, why do I remember this? Oh?
Speaker 3: I remember this because my roommate at the time was the publicist for the Playboy Mansion. So when this was all playing out, we were talking about this in our kitchen at night. So that's how it's embedded in my brain. But probably a lot of people have forgotten this. So Crystal then after some time, got out of that relationship, went back to hef and then they got married, and then heff passed away, leaving her a very young widow. Since then, Crystal has gone on and got married, but she recently was sharing, you know, on social media a little bit. In a video on Instagram on Tuesday, she explained why she regrets marrying the late Playboy founder, adding that she regrets the version of myself that she abandoned to survive in that environment. So they tied the knot in twenty twelve and remain married until he died in twenty seventeen, when he was ninety one years old. And then Krystal went on, like I said, to marry James Ward this April. She said in the Instagram video. Do I regret marrying Hugh Hefner. Of course I do, and that's not because of where it brought me. I'm grateful for the woman I became on the other side of it, But yes, I regret it. I regret being in my mid twenties and thinking that marrying one of the most famous men in the world meant that I had finally made it, that I finally mattered or had value. I regret the years I spent making myself smaller so his world could feel bigger. She went on to say, I regret the version of myself that I had to aband just to survive in that environment. I regret that it took me as long as it did to understand what was actually happening, like years, And I think a lot of people expected me to never say that out loud, to stay in the story that was written for me, the grateful young wife and lucky girl. She added, however, she is done living in that version of the story. She explained that she regrets the marriage and that saying that out loud is one of the most honest things she has ever done. She says, telling my truth for my younger self and for anyone who's ever forgotten their worth, trying to find trying to fit into someone else's story. So, you know, and she wrote a book, a memoir called Only Say Good Things, Surviving Playboy and Finding Myself.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've been like.
Speaker 3: In the loop a lot on this Playboy stuff that's come out in the last couple of years. This is not new information that we're hearing from a lot of HEF's former girlfriends, whether they were long term or not. They've all kind of started to say the same thing. So, you know, we're obviously very happy for her that she has found some you know, better connection. In her chapter two, it sounds like when I read comments like this that people are making, it sounds to me like somebody's really doing the work. Somebody's probably in therapy, really starting to unpack some things. Because as much as I think that that's sad that she's looking back on a past relationship with regret. I can't say that I don't myself understand those feelings, because I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I'll probably take some heat for this. I agree with what you're saying, But just to play devil's advocate for a minute, she stayed married to him until he died, and so I have to wonder if if she in the moment, she gleaned all the rewards of being in the in the mansion, in the playboy mansion, being married to him, and then subsequently now realizes and is if you will unpacking that baggage she took with her. I'm glad for her, but I think she was young when she married him, and I think life itself has taught her lessons.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's so foreign to me to imagine marrying someone that age and doing all the things that went along with being married to be one of HEF's girls. I can't even imagine it. I do find it interesting, though, when she married her newest husband, James Ward, she says that they had this quiet ceremony. They prioritize simplicity and an intimacy with no guests, and all I could think of is that is really going from one extreme to the other. Obviously, I wish her all the best in her in her new relationship, but Hugh Hefner was a magnet for years, and so I just wonder whether I'm not sure she fit into his story as much as all those women fit into the story of the of the Playboy Mansion.
Speaker 3: Just based on the things that I've watched, the documentaries and the specials and stuff that have come out in recent years, I think that maybe reading into this a little bit the word regret it, I don't think she actually gleaned that much from that marriage. I think that he reportedly was not in great financial wealth towards the end of his life. I know that he actually had to sell that Playboy mansion before he died and not like give it to his children or anything like that. And part of the agreement in the sale was that he got to live the remainder of his years at the mansion. They've also talked about, you know, in these specials that the mansion was really in disrepair, was like really kind of gross inside.
Speaker 2: I didn't necessarily mean financial remuneration.
Speaker 4: But maybe that is part of the regret.
Speaker 3: Maybe she didn't know the financial possibilities of what she was going to get in this situation.
Speaker 4: Maybe she was led astray. We don't know.
Speaker 3: But what I notice when I read comments like that is there's no expression of love. There's no expression of I loved this man, or he taught me so much, or I miss our connection. There's no speak of that. It's her own personal experience. So who's to say. We'd obviously love Crystal to come on the podcast and share her experience and her journey to I do Part two for sure, And.
Speaker 2: You know what, I truly hope her Part two with her new husband is the best beautiful marriage.
Speaker 4: I do too.
Speaker 2: And you know what, we all deserve love. Hobbiy Hantsaf said that, So yeah, I really am wishing her love to happen. Okay, let's move on our next news item. Here, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's daughter is Zahara and Sun Maddox publish a newspaper announcement they are dropping Pitt from their names. Angelina and Brad's daughter, Zahara and Maddox Sun Maddocks have taken the next step towards dropping Pit from their names. According to court documents attained by People, the twenty one year old and the twenty four year old now both have proof of publication confirming their intent to change their name. The two each published a legal notice in the Los Angeles Daily Journal in accordance with California law. Zahara published hers on Thursday, July ninth, while Maddox published his on Tuesday July seventh. Sahara is requesting that her full legal name now be Zahara Marley Jolee, while Maddox is requesting his full legal name now be Maddox On Jolie. The requests are yet to be granted, but the next step is a hearing. Zahara's hearing has been scheduled for September twenty eighth, and Maddox's is September fourteenth. Jolie's representative has not responded to People at press time, but in twenty twenty four a source told People that Pitt has virtually no contact with his adult children. At the time, he still had visitation with his younger kids, but they have since become legal adults. That's the question I have right there. How much visitation did he have?
Speaker 3: Well? I think that this right, This declaration of changing of the last name, I think is a big deal. I think that these kids are kids, I mean they're adults now, these young adults are really drawing a line in the sand as to how they want to be represented as public figures moving into the arts and enter team areas that they're moving into. But it just kind of I think lends to the rumor that something happened a few years ago on the plane between Brad and you know, one of his children that was unsettling, and we do know. I think it's it's been reported that Brad has given up alcohol in the recent years.
Speaker 2: So apparently his team has said that this is a result of a prolonged campaign of alienation of children against their parent, and that was a close source to Pitt, who is sixty two, tells people it is an incredibly sad reality, but it's not surprising after years of one parent weaponizing the children against the other with no regard of the consequences. Now that all came from Brad Pitt's team, but we have to wonder, like you said, what else went on, not just what happened on that on the airplane.
Speaker 1: The fact he gave a alcohol.
Speaker 2: The fact is we haven't seen firsthand what's gone on in that family, and so.
Speaker 1: We don't really know.
Speaker 2: The children are adults now, so maybe it's just an accumulation of events that has made them do this. It's sad, but at the same time, their public figures and they have a right to have the name they.
Speaker 3: Want, absolutely and I think that you know, we never heard about there being some sort of positive co parenting experience in this relationship when it started to break up. You know, Brad seems to be happy in another relationship now where he's been spotted publicly a lot. It just kind of makes me sad because if we all go back in our brains, you know, allegedly this relationship with Angelina started when he was is still married to Jennifer Aniston, so you know, to have ended that marriage for this relationship and then been so public and you know, expanded this family, only for this relationship to then also end in a very tragic way to where you're not even having allegedly a relationship with these children.
Speaker 4: It's like, was it all worth?
Speaker 3: It is kind of like what I would be thinking, you know, if I was in that situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I absolutely agree with you.
Speaker 2: It's the name change to me, represents a much bigger issue and that you just put your finger on it. What happened that all these children do not have a relationship with their dad. I can't personally imagine having children that aren't in my life.
Speaker 3: And yet, well, let's also remember that some of these children Angelina had prior to their relationship, She had adopted prior to But they were, But they were he was.
Speaker 2: Raising them, That's what I'm saying. It doesn't to me, that's inconsequential. He was raising them. They were a family unit. They were parenting these kids. So I think the tragedy here is not so much the name change.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at me. I got married, I changed my name. How many women do? I think the.
Speaker 2: Real tragedy here is the loss of whether you get divorced or not, the loss of a cohesive family unit where there's respect and love even if you choose not to be married.
Speaker 1: That's the settest part for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we know that Brad has been able to maintain a relationship with his ex Jennifer Aniston, even though they didn't have children. We have seen them be super cordial to each other, not only on red carpets, but he's been a guest at her birthday party in recent years, you know, So those two have been able to come back from whatever it was that they went through, the you know, the onslaught of all that press and negativity and everything that they went through, and they've been able to come out on the other side and maintain a relationship because I think there was so much love there. So it's kind of sad to see that him and Angelina have not been able to get there. It looks like on their own maybe they will someday, though.
Speaker 1: Maybe they will.
Speaker 2: And also the only the other differences Angelina, I mean, sorry, Brad and Jennifer Aniston did not have children, and we don't and we don't know, We don't know that maybe these kids have come to this conclusion on their own, whether it's supported by Angelina, probably, but I think that that's the saddest part. These kids are adults now and they're losing out on a great relationship with their dad.
Speaker 4: Well, we don't know if it's a great relationship.
Speaker 2: No, I said, they're losing out on what could have been a great relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I I want to say though, that you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family, right. That's what I always used to hear growing up, and the older that I've gotten, I have realized that just because somebody is family does not mean that I need to maintain a super close relationship with them. It means that I can have distance and I can still recognize that they are family, but that they don't get full access to my life. That I don't put a gazillion tons of effort into it because they don't put a gazillion tons of effort into it, you know. So that's something that you do realize. I think the older that you get, is it unfortunate?
Speaker 1: Sure? Is it?
Speaker 4: If it's what's.
Speaker 3: Best for them, then I think it's it's to be supported.
Speaker 4: Moving on.
Speaker 3: This is also kind of sad in the child custody situation, but Gleb, professional dancer from Dancing with the Stars, he filed an emergency child custody order claiming that his ex Elena, kept daughters in Hong Kong without his permission. So it says that Gleb has filed a request for an emergency to Gleb has filed a request for an emergency child custody order. According to court documents obtained by People, the Dancing with the Stars pro requested temporary, sole, legal and physical custody of his and his ex wife, Elena's fifteen year old daughter Olivia, and asked that his ex have no visitation under further court involvement.
Speaker 4: So Gleb claimed.
Speaker 3: That Elena, with whom he also shares daughter Zlata, who's eight years old. He says that she relocated their girls to Hong Kong for what was supposed to be a temporary move following their divorce in twenty twenty three, adding that she refused used to return to the United States by the agreed upon date. His team claims instead, she has remained in Hong Kong, obtained permanent Hong Kong residency, enrolled the children in a expensive private school, and gotten the children a cat. She's become engaged and had another child with her fiancee. Elena has essentially established her life with her fiance and our children. This is coming from Gleb, he claims, in Hong Kong without my permission, that they remain with her in Hong Kong. This has functionally forced me to travel to Hong Kong each year to visit the children, which I have consistently done despite Elena's efforts taken to drastically limit my access to our daughters, he continued. According to the filing, the former couple has been ordered to attend a custody mediation on August fifth. Gleb also claimed that Olivia is currently with him doesn't want to live in Hong Kong. He claimed that it's the teen's best interest to remain with her in her father's care and be permitted to attend school in Los Angeles. Olivia does not want to be in the position of having to confront her mother, considering Elena's recent abusive comments to our daughter, including that she is a disgrace to the family, with other disparaging comments. So it goes on and on, and basically his excess something to the effect of, like that the daughter has a routine in Hong Kong and this is going to like derail her professional dance career.
Speaker 4: YadA, YadA, YadA. This is sad. This is also very sad.
Speaker 2: It's very sad, But you know, it's interesting that Elena is insisting that Hong Kong is the girl's permanent home and that he is keeping the daughter in California and canceled her flight back to China. And I just find that so interesting that she moved them there. And you know, this is you hear these stories all the time where one parent takes a child out of the country never to be seen again, or in this case, you know, quite the flight to go visit your children. I don't understand. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not an attorney, I'm not a family law person, but it seems unclear to me how either parent can take a child away from the other parent and move to another country without granting the other parent getting the agreement from the other parents.
Speaker 1: So I don't even.
Speaker 2: Understand how that's how this has happened. I think it's incredibly sad and frankly, very unfair to the children.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it sounds like his ex has started a completely new life in this country. So it was you know, she's got a fiance, she's got another child with this person, and we obviously know that he spends a lot of his time in the United States on a TV show and then you know, Dancing with the Stars goes on tour after the show is done. So yeah, this sounds really unfortunate and confusing. I have no idea, like you, how this could even you know, be done. But there's been other cases too. This is not the same, but like actress Kelly Rutherford's kids were taken overseas for a really long time and she ended up having to, I believe, go overseas and like relocate, and so I don't know how this happens, but it sounds really horrific.
Speaker 2: It's and it's even more bizarre because Gleb himself holds a permanent resident card, so the fact that he could live there every once, to your point, he has a career here. Somebody is talking about wrongful international retention. Elaineas saying that that his filing was a rushed attempt to bypass proper laws. It seems that her moving to Hong Kong was a way to circumvent the law, and now he's holding her in California.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that somebody needs to get a hold of those kids and do an evaluation. And I don't sure Landa's moved to Hong Kong and has another child and the girls have a cat. Let's not forget that. But I'm not sure that that's necessarily in their best interest. And I can't believe that the government is not getting involved one way or the other, because it seems that international law is somehow indicated here.
Speaker 1: There has to be some ruling on it.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess we'll have to keep following this one when they have this court hearing. In Happier News, Yes, Josh Lucas says he's deeply grateful for wife Brianna Ruffalo as they celebrate their first wedding anniversary.
Speaker 4: Do you remember who Josh Lucas is.
Speaker 3: I know him from being in Sweet Home, Alabama with Reese Witherspoon, do.
Speaker 1: You yes, yes, yes, I do?
Speaker 3: So cute and that's a movie based onto Do you remember that? The premise is like, she needs to get married to Patrick Dempsey and then she forgets that she's still married to the guy she kind of grew up with back home in Alabama, So she's got to go back and get a divorce. So Josh Lucas, this is his I do part too. Brianna is his second wife. So he actually has a teenage son, Noah, with his ex Jessica Enriquez, and so he was recently though posting about his one year wedding anniversary with Brianna. Uh, the actor fifty five and the meteorologist. Yeah, uh, that's pretty cool. Tied the knot last year at the Vatican. The couple marked one year of marriage on Tuesday this week with heartfelt posts on social media. He said, one year ago today, I am so deeply grateful. I love you, Brianna. Happy anniversary, and then he put like six photos of the couple on their special day, including a close up shot of their wedding rings at the altar. When they announced their you know, engagement originally the after their dream ceremony last summer. Josh first shared black and white photos on Instagram, announcing the news on July seventeenth, twenty twenty five, tagging the location as the Vatican. The snapshots from the Rome, Italy enclave showed him and his wife staring at each other, sharing a kiss, and walking out of their wedding holding hands.
Speaker 4: So I think this is so sweet.
Speaker 3: You know, they seem to be a very lovey dovey couple and like love to kind of share on social media their thoughts on each other.
Speaker 4: And I think that's great.
Speaker 3: It does show that, you know, you can find some great love in this chapter two after you know, divorce And let.
Speaker 2: Me just say, if they were married at the Vatican in Vatican City, I'm guessing this is a permanent relationship. To undo that one would be a little complicated.
Speaker 4: This is the other thing I know about Josh Ucas.
Speaker 3: J Loo has said he was her best on screen kiss of all time.
Speaker 1: Wow, isn't that crazy? Don't you go?
Speaker 4: It's weird the stuff that I have embedded in the brain.
Speaker 3: But I believe she said that they actually did a kiss scene.
Speaker 4: And I want to say it.
Speaker 3: Either was cut from the movie or like it was in a movie that nobody saw. I can't remember that part, but I remember her claiming on Watch what Happens Live on Andy Cohen's show that it was like it like really like she felt something like when he kissed her. And then they of course talked to him about it when he came on the next time, and I think he.
Speaker 4: Was like really bashful about it. But that's all I know.
Speaker 3: If like Jaylo has been around and kissed a lot of guys on screen, she's I mean, she's kissed Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 2: You know, Like I lived near Matthew McConaughey, So you know, all right, maybe on going for a kissed. Unfortunately, our next one is not so happy. So Tom Segura hinted at christina divorce and here we go. He is hinting at is split from his wife, Christina Pazziski by ditching his wedding ring during his latest podcast episode. He ditched the ring for Monday's episode of his Two Bears, One Cave podcast that he co hosts with his pal Bert Kreischer. The hour long episode aired the same day as Segura and paziski separation news came out. Segura had his wedding ring during all his prior podcasts, but not.
Speaker 1: Now, so here we go.
Speaker 2: According to TMZ, they've separated within the last couple of months after eighteen of marriage. It's sad that they have two kids, Ellis who was born in twenty sixteen and Julian born in twenty eighteen, so these are young kids.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just more breakup of families in the public, and it's just, uh, it's tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 3: Well, these two they actually founded the Your Mom's House podcast and network, which debuted in twenty twelve, and they they haven't filmed an episode of Your Mom's House together since.
Speaker 1: April, and yet they're still going to co host.
Speaker 4: And they're going to continue to co host. Can you imagine? That's that? To me, that kind of says a lot.
Speaker 3: So I think that not all couples, if the divorce is super contentious, would continue to work together. So it makes me think that maybe this was a long time coming, Maybe this was very mutual, Maybe there's still a very high regard set for each other, because I can't imagine two people continuing whether the business is successful or not, it's a forward facing business, being on camera together, chit chatting together. I can't imagine a contentious divorce couple continuing to do that kind of work. So I think that's a little bit hopeful. You know that they are going to be able to continue on I don't think that they're going to be able to get through this without talking about it together on their show.
Speaker 4: So that's, you know, something that I think we'll have to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Apparently a source said that they are taking different paths moving forward while they're remaining devoted to the children, So I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is so vague and I literally no true meaning, like what their different paths are.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think it matters what the different paths are as long as they are being the children out of the fray. And I think that's what they're trying to do. And I applaud I personally applaud that. As my parents were divorced and it was the War of the Roses, Do you think.
Speaker 4: That anybody's really able to do that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I truly, I mean I've not been married or divorced, but I am the product of divorce.
Speaker 4: I've also watched my sibling get divorced.
Speaker 2: I'm also in the product of divorce and my parents I was like the War of the Roses, but I've had a sibling who's divorced, and you know, it's it's fine. I mean, they parented the kids well together. I think that's very different, at least publicly, they're going to try to do it, and I think it's I think it's a huge ordeal to say we're going to do this podcast together, we're going to put our children first. But I think it's positive. I'm going to hope for the best on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously positive and hope for the best. I just don't think, I mean, is me being jaded. I just don't think you can go through divorce and it not impact your kids to some extent where human beings, at the end of the day, you took vows with somebody for better or for worse, till death do us.
Speaker 1: Part, or until I find someone I like better exactly.
Speaker 3: And so I just I don't feel the mutual thing. When I hear people break up and it's mutual. When I hear people divorce and it's mutual, I don't believe it.
Speaker 4: That's just me.
Speaker 3: I think that one person initiates, one person wants it more.
Speaker 4: Can I believe that two people are.
Speaker 3: Upset when you know it happens, Yes, But do I think that both people sit together, come to a table and go we should divorce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, we should.
Speaker 3: I just don't think that that actually happens, and I think that it's really after especially that long together, eighteen years of marriage, I find it highly improbable that you are never saying something bad about your ex ever in front of your children.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with.
Speaker 2: You, Heather, but I do think that if they're starting from the premise of we're going to be civil human beings. That beats that beats the you know, the opposite that we're just trashing each other.
Speaker 1: And remember, these people are.
Speaker 2: In the public eye, so if they're going to try to be civil to one another, I applaud it.
Speaker 1: I hope it continues exactly.
Speaker 4: We'll have to watch that one unfold.
Speaker 2: Heather, can you believe that we have more stories to get through. Let's just take a quick pause here and then we'll get right back into it with some more of these stories.