Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Mexi and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insider's podcast.
Speaker 2: This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 3: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law Firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 2: Buddyhield, Welcome to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast. We're happy to have you. Your Sixers tenure has been short so far, but what's your favorite memory so far? As a seventy six.
Speaker 1: Er favorite memory is seventy six so far, I guess get my first home in funding fans. I feel like there are a couple of games where we are close wherever, from the Atlanta game to the Miami game. I was like man just and he wanted to get home, eager to get one to you know, sort of get the fans something to cheer about, you know, and because home is important, you know, winning home games where you feel more appreciated there they come and support out their busy schedules.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to get that home win for them.
Speaker 1: And I hate losing home too, because you know, especially all the kids are coming in and their families, and I know how fans and passionate the fans are, so getting up first win to bend but under my belt.
Speaker 4: But like, it sucks when I lose in because.
Speaker 1: I hate disappointing the fans, because the fans is what will come to play for, and especially being against the home team, which is US seventy six is fans. I always try to go out there and give it my home to get a win because getting wins at home so important because they help builds.
Speaker 2: You guys are finding ways to win even without the reigning MVP and Joel embiids when you think down the stretch whenever he is able to return to the group, how exciting is it to think about the potential that the team has adding a scorer and a defender of that caliber.
Speaker 4: You know, it's really good, you know, you know depends.
Speaker 1: You can't think about it now until it comes, you know, But yes, we can't wait, a lot of people cannot wait.
Speaker 4: But and I'm excited.
Speaker 1: You know, I've I've watched all my whole life playing basketball.
Speaker 4: I played against him in Kansas.
Speaker 1: I watched his game, grew tremendously into the MVP Calber player I is.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm excited, you know, I see him I playing with Indiana Hope He's a double team every time he touched the ball, So I see with all the tension he gets in the court. So hopefully that me, adding myself, Cam and everybody around Kylar and then the guys that you have, Tyrese and Tobias and everybody Kelly, that we can take more pressure off and we're be able to work and be able to dominate form as he always was.
Speaker 2: So let's shift gears just a little bit. You're hosting a dinner party tomorrow night. It's a hypothetical dinner party. You get four guests, dead or alive, people you know or people you don't know. Who are you inviting to your dinner? Four people?
Speaker 4: Four people? I'm hosting dinner party. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's not best. It should not be hard. I'm a fun person. I'm I'm gonna bring vibes. Cartel, he's a reggae artist. I probably bring Drake for sure. He's a detention. He's bring some get right there. You can have a good vibe. Maybe jay Z.
Speaker 2: So three musical artists. Far here's the fourth.
Speaker 1: Cannot you cannot mess with the dead too. I cannot mess with the dead. But if anybody I bring, that is fun. Michael Jordan, there you go.
Speaker 2: What's the best part of your job?
Speaker 1: The bed part of my job is me coming to her to work every day. Just something I love to do that I'm obsessed with it. You know, just coming to the game and just had a basketball bounce breed their basketball or point guard. I mean the corner of the arena. That's sister Breed. That era that's not a basketball season, you know.
Speaker 2: I love that. What's the best gift you've ever given someone.
Speaker 1: The best, guess is get my mama house. And she had to build her dream house. So that was the best gift that I've given someone. And uh, I'm a big gift giver too, so but I really giving my mom her dream house was like the biggest blessings that I that I would ever like accomplished in life, because everything I do is for her to make sure she's happy, to make sure she's straight.
Speaker 4: She worked so hard.
Speaker 1: We have seven kids. She had seven kids, and so her having her own house. She never had nothing on her own that she ever owned. So her owning a house and everything's paid off, nothing she'd worry about.
Speaker 4: Put a spine on my face.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she's very proud of you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: What's the best gift you've ever received?
Speaker 4: A bike from her?
Speaker 2: How old were you?
Speaker 4: I was like nine ten? Nah.
Speaker 1: You know, as a kid, everybody wants a bike and I never had a bike. And that was like the best thing that could ever happen to me, was getting a bike and I could ride a bike really and then I now I don't have to walk to the park, I can ride my bike through the park. It was a blessing for me, and I scale my legs and plus I can try to get back home quicker. So my mom will take me off the court, you know, because she's like I got a lot of moms stories her come over of a van to run me off the basketball court because she hates when I going to court, especially when she comes from working.
Speaker 4: I'm not home, She's worried about me.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite subject in school?
Speaker 4: Favorite subject in school? It was math.
Speaker 1: I had this funny uh Jamaican teacher's named mister Corner. He was funny and like it was just a bunch of kids of bad kids in his class, and he was just like from the Bahamas.
Speaker 4: Being in the Bahamas and being from Jamaica.
Speaker 1: He had a strong accident and when he got mad at us, he always shot at us, and we always try to get him shadow at us, and like when he shadow he knows to play basketball.
Speaker 4: And when he shot at us, he's like the whole.
Speaker 1: College getting loud and started laughing because his action was so strong. And we used to pick on him all the time. But no, one of these things. I need to go see him when I go back home. I never got to see him because He's one of my favorite teacher because he always looked out for me as a student, you know, and some of those teachers we always forget that always.
Speaker 4: Look at you.
Speaker 1: Even though he was funny, he's he made the class fun and he made it learning fun.
Speaker 4: Buzz.
Speaker 2: We all have teachers like that. He would be excited to see you. You have to go see.
Speaker 1: Actually, I have to see him. I don't know if he's back in Jamaica or he's back into Muhamas. But if you live thisten to his post, I still love you.
Speaker 2: What was your least favorite subject in school?
Speaker 4: Oh, my gosh, there's a lot of them. I think physics. It's hard, man. It was very hard.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you think you get it and then off of that you don't get it. I was never could get the numbers with the C and like the oh my gosh, it was just you know, I'm talking about physics. Its hardy, so much equations like I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't stup I was. I was not good at physics.
Speaker 4: I was. It was hard for me.
Speaker 2: It's okay, all right, rapid fire around, quick answers, favorite superhero.
Speaker 1: Great questions, favous superhero. You know, I always love all of them because they always had a unique story.
Speaker 2: It's not rapid.
Speaker 1: I know, Captain America, no Black Panther.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you didn't play basketball, you'd play I'll be a DJ. That's crazy because my next question is what would your DJ name be? I'm not kidding, that's literally the next question.
Speaker 4: Really, DJ Buddy Fresh.
Speaker 2: DJ Buddy Fresh. Who's the VET that made the biggest impact on you as a young player.
Speaker 1: I had a couple of them. I had Zach Randolph, Garrett Temple. Garrett Temple was annoying by the way the person when I met him, but it made sense.
Speaker 2: But he was one of the James Johnson favorite place to visit.
Speaker 4: Bahamas?
Speaker 2: Sure place you've never gone, but you'd love to visit Egypt. What's your favorite color of Sixers uniform?
Speaker 4: Navy blue?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite time of day?
Speaker 4: Morning?
Speaker 2: But specifically what time?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 2: Just eight o'clock eight zero.
Speaker 4: Zero eight o'clock seven seven am?
Speaker 2: Okay seven am. If you have to bring a teammate to an important family dinner, who would you bring with you?
Speaker 4: Tyre's Maxie?
Speaker 2: What's your what are your coaches and teammates call you?
Speaker 4: Fresh?
Speaker 2: Fresh Fresh?
Speaker 4: Buddy buckets?
Speaker 2: Fresh buddy, buckets, Oka, it's buckets. Thank you for your time, thank.
Speaker 4: You, good joby you do this more often?
Speaker 2: Oh we will, maybe we will like stuff deal more often. Thanks, buddy, often, appreciate you.
Speaker 5: From Memphis, Tennessee six two campaign. When to Mary State Air, I give it up for sea pain aka Terribo, I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it. Good stuff.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: So jumping in with this the NBA schedule, there's the game day, of course, travel days off days when it comes to I mean, we used to ask about game day, but everyone's looking forward to the game. Then, So on a travel day, what do you look forward to and what city in particular do you look forward to traveling to most and why.
Speaker 5: Outside of going home from Memphis, outside of going to the Grizzlies game, I like going back to Phoenix, places that I've played normal regular game day. I mean, travel day for me is pretty much trying to get back to the city as quick as I can. When I land, I try to get that massage in nine times about a teen. It's a long flight, so I try to get a massage in once I land, and then man see family and friends, make sure I get a good, good dinner, and go to sleep at a decent time, might get on the game, try to fall asleep, but outside of that, just try to get in a bit in a decent time.
Speaker 3: What's the video game for you?
Speaker 4: Call of Duty, for sure? Or Madden. You can catch me on Madden too, but call of.
Speaker 5: Duty, I don't know. Kind of get my heart racing a little bit, but bring it down when it's time to get some risks.
Speaker 3: Have you played Call of Duty or any other game with Tyrese ord Anthony yet?
Speaker 4: Nah? Not yet, But I heard all I've been here.
Speaker 5: I heard they talking crazy about Call of Duty. They talk about the game like they all play the game together. So I'm gonna feel myself in soon.
Speaker 3: Who talks about it the most?
Speaker 5: I probably say Tyres and Beball Paul uh. They they've been talking about it heavy. I was like, I'm gonna get in there soon, but I'm still trying to set up my crib man hotel Wi Fi and I like it at the house Wi Fi. So they gonna be looking at me like I'm weak, So I gotta wait. I gotta wait till I give me a little crib and give me some good internet.
Speaker 3: Or you could start now and then if you lose, blame it on the hotel WiFi, the wi fi. Just a tip there. When it comes to an off day, what would be your perfect off day?
Speaker 5: Oh, perfect off day? Wake up in the morning, get some breakfast with wifey. Probably get on the call with with with Pops and and Mom for a little bit. They love talking basketball. Off days aren't really all days. You still got to keep the game tuned up. So probably sneaking to the gym for like an hour, and then get a lot of treatment. Probably do cold tub, hottub, try to find a way to get a massage in, but get some food. My moll days are big on food and video games. So after I get done with that, it's food video games.
Speaker 3: For four or five hours, six hours.
Speaker 5: Then may go back to the gym, may not, But it's really all just spending time with the wifey and the missus, just chilling. I got my dog, spend a lot of time with him. He misses me a lot because I'm on the road all the time. Okay, Oh Frenchie, Frenchie his name, you know his name, you know if y'all ever see him on my ig. I try to spend as much time with him as I.
Speaker 4: Can when I'm not around.
Speaker 5: I mean when I am around, because when I'm man on the road, he'd be sad. As soon as I wake up, like I gotta go, he'd be sad, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: To the game.
Speaker 4: He gets sad.
Speaker 5: So any opportunity I get to like spend time with him, I try to. I try to get as much sleep with him as I can, try to play with him as much.
Speaker 4: As I can.
Speaker 5: Because I be gone all the time, even with the trade stuff, I had to leave him, leave him in Milwaukee. I've been gone from like two weeks. When I seen him, you know, he was super happy. He's super geeked up.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 5: Every time I leave him, Man, it hurts a lot and I be missing my mans.
Speaker 4: But that's pretty much it. Man.
Speaker 5: Spend spending time at the crib a lot of what I do on my off days.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Uno.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Big Uno. Straight up, y'all see him on mine. Gee, Say what's up?
Speaker 3: Speaking of the trade. I know you haven't been in a Sixers uniform all that long yet, but what is the best memory or two from this season so far? In your short time with the sixers.
Speaker 5: Between Atlanta game. I probably wouldn't say Atlanta game, but that was that was Pat Bess told me to take my physical and I was hot about that, and I couldn't respond and to go in the back and forth on Twitter. So I had to wait until after the game. That was the only way I feel I could get my liak back. You know, play the game and see how the game go. Whis you would have won that game, So I say Cleveland for sure.
Speaker 3: I go at Cleveland.
Speaker 5: That's my best memory Cleveland game. I felt like I was hooping a little bit. I made some shots for us, help us rally get a win.
Speaker 3: That first game. When we talked about physical gate with hap Bev calling you out on social media. But the first game was in front of the home crowd. Yeah, how did they receive you? What was that like?
Speaker 4: They received me great.
Speaker 5: I feel like it was optimistic though they didn't know what to expect from me, and I feel like I stepped to the play and gave them a little sum of what they could see in the future.
Speaker 4: So I think I think that was all cool. That was that was good.
Speaker 5: I feel like they embracing me with ovin arms. I just got to keep doing my part, keep hooping.
Speaker 3: Who are you closest with on this Sixers team?
Speaker 4: On this team, I probably say Kelly. We got drafted together.
Speaker 5: I kind of knew him before before before I got to Philly, even before I got to Phoenix. Like I said, we got drafted together and we kind of hung out a lot. But once I went to my team, went to his team, kind of lost touch a little bit. But now I'm back in Philly, it was easy right away. Like my guy Ko was good, was good, So like, that's my man's right now.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: I'm known Paul for a little second too. When I played in Chicago, he was at the Paul We worked out together, not even knowing he's about to be in the NBA. So on the first day I seen him in the locker room, we sit beside each other. He was like, what's good man? I remember we used to have a little fun back in Chicago.
Speaker 4: You remember me. I'm like, of course, I remember you.
Speaker 5: I ain't think it was about to take off like that, but let's get it.
Speaker 4: He know my energy, he know how I am. So like that was cool to see Paul in there too.
Speaker 3: So before we wrap up with a rapid fire around your dream dinner table. You plus four other people? Who's at your dream dinner table?
Speaker 5: We go on Michael Jordan for show. We're going Kobe Bryant for show. Do I count in before U?
Speaker 3: Plus four others?
Speaker 5: So you got so I get two more. Let's get Barack in there. I just want to see that vibe, and I mean we can bring Drake along. I feel like that's a cool little vib. That's a cool little vib for dinner. A lot of info to take in, a lot of history to take in, a lot of ghosts, a lot of ghosts, a lot of information. Like that'll be a cool dinner table for me.
Speaker 3: We get to hit all arias absolutely rapid fire round with campaign favorite superhero, Spider Man. If you didn't play basketball, what sport would you play?
Speaker 4: Probably football?
Speaker 3: Your DJ name.
Speaker 5: DJ Turbo If you didn't know, now you know.
Speaker 3: The vet who made the biggest impact on you as a young player, Chris Paul. Favorite place to visit.
Speaker 4: Miami.
Speaker 3: Place you wish to visit someday Dubai. Actor who would play you in a movie?
Speaker 4: Cleo Thomas.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite color Sixers uniform?
Speaker 4: Oh? I'd like to read.
Speaker 3: Favorite time of day A specific time, Oh, I like two o'clock. We'll talk about why at some other point. But which teammate would you bring to an important family dinner Reese T Masie. And then finally, what do your coaches and your teammates call you?
Speaker 4: Turbo?
Speaker 3: All right, campaign Turbo, thank you so much, appreciate to thank you