Speaker 1: Second date update. You know those axe body spray commercials where some lanky guy sprays a little bit of axe on his shirt and then immediately thousands of gorgeous women start flocking to him from miles around.
Speaker 2: You made the axe documentaries that you watch.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I tried that and didn't get any hot models running up. But a few sick cats did come by and cough hairballs onto my doorsteps, So that's something.
Speaker 3: Okay, were.
Speaker 1: But apparently there is a trick that men can do to make random women want to come up and approach you out in public.
Speaker 3: You don't want to talk to him, You just want the free drink.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners tried it out. His name is Mark, so let's talk to him about it. Mark, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Hey, you got quite the voice.
Speaker 5: Mark.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man? Your trick? Mark?
Speaker 1: You just talk?
Speaker 4: No, No, there's a little bit more to it than that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't want to take all the credit for this one, but I was let in on a little secret, and believe it or not, it actually worked in my experience.
Speaker 3: Okay, So even you were skeptical before you did.
Speaker 4: It, I was. I didn't think it was going to be that easy.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, easy. Well, we have to know what this is. Can you tell us about it?
Speaker 4: A friend of mine, a female co worker, she's given me some advice. She said, the secret to get them to approach you is to just wear a pink shirt.
Speaker 2: I could see this.
Speaker 4: And apparently it's just enough of a warmth color that it gives off approachability. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, met immediately say secure masculine guys.
Speaker 1: And it's funny. Every time I'm working shirt, I always get that compliment. BA says, You're doesn't count as somebody that should be taking each other for Alexis, would this work for you?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 1: If you saw a guy in pink, would you be wanting to talk to him?
Speaker 3: I mean, even if I want to talk to him in like a flirty way. I could see myself drunkenly walking by being like, hey, I like your outfit.
Speaker 1: You want to steal his clothes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a sweatshirt I'm going to take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Mark, this is something that you actually tried.
Speaker 4: Well, first off, I realized I didn't own anything pink, so I had to go yeah.
Speaker 3: Of course you did okay, and it's a flattering color.
Speaker 1: So how did this work when you were like trying to meet women?
Speaker 4: So I went to the bar with a couple of my friends, just regular night, nothing crazy, and I wasn't saying anything to anybody. Me and my guy friends were just talking and the girls, oh wow, nice shirt. Yes, and they're ignoring all my friends and my friends. They were looking at me like I was a jock.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit surprised that it was this effective the first time that you tried it. But that's cool. You're wanting us to call one woman in particular, right, not every woman that you met that definitely not all of them.
Speaker 2: Is a woman. We're calling someone who approached you.
Speaker 4: She is her name is Tamara, and we were both waiting online for the UNISX bathroom and of course she saw my shirt.
Speaker 1: Y Amara, what's I love it? What did she say? She just said she liked it.
Speaker 4: She was just said, wow, that's a really nice shirt. You wear it well not, you know, she just called me out on it, like as if she was surprised I was even okay with wearing a shirt like most guys would never like thing.
Speaker 1: And how do you reply?
Speaker 4: To that. Well, at this point I had heard it so many times in the night. I was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna let her in on a little secret. And I said, to be honest, I'm actually wearing this shirt to meet women.
Speaker 3: What was her reponse, Why would you say that?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I wasn't trying to sabotage myself. I thought I was trying to be honest and transparent.
Speaker 1: Women do actually.
Speaker 5: Laughed laughed, Yeah, she thought, she laughed.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like saying she felt for your track.
Speaker 1: Well, she's not probably not as uptight and skeptical as you guys are. This is one of those kind women you meet out in the world.
Speaker 2: You know us. Wait, did you turn that into a hag out?
Speaker 4: So yeah, later on in the night she ended up finding me again.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's a little drunker.
Speaker 4: A little more exactly. We both had a little bit more influence going on at this point, and we found a spot where we could sit down by ourselves and actually talk, not have to shout over everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, an intimate sit down. How did that go?
Speaker 4: It was great. We got to know each other. We talked about travel, we talked about our families, we even got to our childhood what into our childhood?
Speaker 1: Wow, had a whole therapy session.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was the color, if it was the pink bringing it out in me, but you know, I just felt very sensitive, like yeah, fourth trade and I got it could have been that to I won't lie.
Speaker 1: So after you got done crying in each other's arms, then how did you leave it?
Speaker 4: Well, eventually she had to go. I found my friends, and then she hasn't really been replying my text. You know, we exchanged numbers and stuff, and I didn't know what to do. So I asked my coworker, a female gave me the advice in the first place, and she was like, you know, just send her a question mark like the symbol. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's actually not the worst.
Speaker 1: It's kind of passive aggressive.
Speaker 2: Like I need more. Yeah, Like it does feel passive.
Speaker 1: You're a married woman, Brook, You're not allowed to be a part of that. She shouldn't be asking for it.
Speaker 2: Just feels angry a little bit.
Speaker 1: Maybe question totally did it work? Did she respond?
Speaker 4: All she did was.
Speaker 2: Question it isikes, that's really bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's not a good sign. We need to get to the bottom of this, We're gonna call Tamara and try and get you a pink themed edition of a Second Date update when we do it right after this Second Date update. Today we learned about the seductive magic of the pink shirt. So it's a man's secret weapon to get random women to approach you out in public and say flirty things to you like huh nice shirt, yeah hold out. I know turned up the heat with that one, and it worked for our listener Mark, not just on Brook in her low standards, but on actual women out in the real world. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: The second part, that's how.
Speaker 1: He met a woman named Tamara at a bar. They ended up hanging out the entire night after that.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so cute.
Speaker 1: But following their bar meetup, she's been almost completely avoiding his texts other than the question mark that he sent to her and she just liked it.
Speaker 3: Is that the only communication is that the only text you sent to her?
Speaker 1: What mark are you willing to every day for the rest of your life?
Speaker 2: If this works, he needs a text in pink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you change.
Speaker 1: The bubble to a pink bubble?
Speaker 5: People really want it.
Speaker 1: That's why he's turned to us for some radio helps. So we're going to do our best here. I'm about to dial to Maara.
Speaker 3: If our low bar is just a question mark, I think we've got this.
Speaker 1: You never know with us, though, So here we go. I'm dialing your number right now.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, is this Tamara?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The sense is this.
Speaker 1: We are a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Hi, thanks, good morning.
Speaker 1: Sorry to surprise you like this, but we're doing a segment called a second Date update, and one of our listeners asked us to reach out to you.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, who was it that.
Speaker 2: It's like yes, And then it just dawned on me what you just said.
Speaker 1: Maybe you don't realize what you're getting yourself into here. But a guy named Mark met you the other night out at the bar.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, what what did he tell you?
Speaker 1: So far? Good reaction. He told us a little bit about your guys' night that you complimented him on his nice pink shirt. I'm sorry, I'm sorry to stop. Is are you in a construction zone or are you in a stairwell? Are you building a staircase?
Speaker 5: There actually is contractors working underneath me in the apartment. I think you're streaking the popcorn feelings underneath me.
Speaker 2: That's good. Nobody wants those anymore. We're not HGTV.
Speaker 5: But now it's been days of this noise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get I assumed that you had met somebody else that night and brought him home and locked him in a room, and now he's trying to.
Speaker 2: I think Mark would still be open that he jealous, that he wasn't the guy locked in the room.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: The whole reason that we're calling is Mark told us he felt like he had a connection with you.
Speaker 5: Is that all that he told you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean he said that you guys talked about a lot of stuff, like you talked about your childhood and travel and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did he tell you about our discussion about families?
Speaker 1: He said childhood. I mean he said, you guys talked about family stuff, but not you didn't get into detail.
Speaker 3: But the way you're saying it right now, it sounds like something bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well Mark, he definitely tried to get into detail. So we were talking about families and he asked to see a photo of my family, So I pulled one up from Christmas when we were all together, and it got really weird, and actually, honestly it got really rude. He like honed in on my sister from the picture yeah, and was like his immediate reaction was, Wow, your sister are so gorgeous, yeah, which I mean would have been would have been okay, But then he kept going.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, maybe if anything, you compliment her mother? Did you say beautiful family?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I'm telling you that's not a lot.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: He was asking a ton of questions, like he wanted to know how old she was, where she lived, Like are you going to try to find her on Instagram? Why are you asking so many questions about my sister?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we didn't hear any of that stuff from him.
Speaker 2: But he did want to call you and your sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her phone number.
Speaker 5: Otherwise you probably want why.
Speaker 1: We're trying to help here, Remember, and I need to tell you at this point that Mark is on the other line listening to this call.
Speaker 2: I think he needs great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wants to talk to you unless your sister is there right now, in which days put her off.
Speaker 5: I mean, Mark, you had to have read my reaction when you kept asking about my sister, Like I pretty much stopped talking to you all together once you wouldn't leave it alone.
Speaker 4: I think you seriously misconstrued everything I was saying. Why I don't think I don't think.
Speaker 1: So what did she misunderstand? Mark?
Speaker 4: If you'd seen her and her family, It's like when you go buy a picture frame and there's like a stock photo in there. I mean, she's her moms knockout for like, you would never think she was a mom, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, now you're talking about my mom too, and now it's my sister and my mom would have wanted to base the whole family.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Move on to a male sitting figure in the family. Please.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's easy too, both of the dad and her older brother or I don't know if he was older or not, but he looked like he kicked my butt.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You were impressed by her family and it just came off from.
Speaker 4: Jeans. That's the word I should have used, But I was drunk. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Tamara said that she had a problem with you complementing the physical attractiveness of her sister.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it wasn't. You weren't going on and on about my whole family. It was specifically just my sister for several minutes.
Speaker 1: What would tamara be something that he should have said that would have come off as a better reaction to seeing the photo.
Speaker 5: I wannestly anything else, but you could have said, oh my gosh, your family is so good looking. No one know you're so beautiful, Like you could have given me out of that.
Speaker 2: Do you hear that? Mark? Does that click for you?
Speaker 4: Totally? Sorry, it's clicking for me now. I was just in the moment, I was star struck by your sister's like, she's beautiful.
Speaker 5: Okay again, now he's on it again. This is insane, okay, but learning.
Speaker 4: To be honest here and tell you what was going on in the moment. And you never even told me is she older or younger than you? Too? Like I have been thinking about that, You've.
Speaker 5: Been thinking about it, You've been okay, so you've been trying to do want but honestly, not really a question. Mark isn't really trying to test me. That's like the bare minimum. But you've been thinking about my sister and her age since then. This is creepy.
Speaker 1: He's just trying to get to know your family. I'm sure I'm.
Speaker 4: Trying to avoid being creepy because I want to make sure she's not like super young or something. What a question?
Speaker 2: You shut your mouth.
Speaker 5: You don't need to make sure of that because you're never going to meet her.
Speaker 3: Well, that's because she's not invited on their next day.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mark, you need to just be quiet. Let me try and help you here for a second if I can. I don't think you can Tamara. As a guy, it's difficult to be in a situation where you're meeting somebody new and they show you a picture of a gorgeous woman and it happens to be your sister like that, It's a trap. It's a trap. It's hard to know the right thing when you're drinking. That is the right compliment to give you?
Speaker 2: Would you say the right thing?
Speaker 3: When he was sober on the phone, Jes, you can't use alcohol as.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that he's pounding alcohol right now. He's totally nervous and fluster because the truth is, to Mara, the reason why he reached out to us is because he likes you that much that he's willing to do whatever it takes to see you again.
Speaker 5: No, I I think at this point, I don't trust that he just wants to get to my sister through me, So there's no way that that's happening.
Speaker 1: If you don't trust what I say. Let Mark tell you, Mark, this is your a chance.
Speaker 4: I bluff? Do I fold?
Speaker 1: I don't even know man, Mark, Are you texting the girl that told you to wear that pink shirt for advice? I want what to say here.
Speaker 4: I don't think she would help. You probably did this whole.
Speaker 5: Deeper for me now you've dug it deep enough on your own.
Speaker 3: It is It is, honestly like one big pink grave honesty.
Speaker 1: Is there another color that can fix a yellow where it feels like the moment has come and gone?
Speaker 2: So it's a valiant effort. Jeffrey to Mary.
Speaker 1: We were going to offer to send you out on a date, but it sounds like it's a no.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think all right, okay, So in that case, are you cool if you just give him your sister's Instagram now, so you just text me to it.
Speaker 5: You know he's already found shocked if he had not found her at all.
Speaker 1: Right, well, good, I'm glad you shipped them. Congratulations. It's looking Jeffrey in the morning. If we ever get an update, update email from Mark saying, Hey, I found her sister and it way better. Do I reply to that email, Brook, or pretend like I didn't see it?
Speaker 2: You reply because you love it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do if someone shows you a hot woman.
Speaker 1: I said, if you're drinking as a guy and you're presented with a hot woman and you're in the moment, you might say the wrong thing. As a dude, we tend to make those mistakes.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you don't say the wrong thing over and over and over and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doubled down. So it's whatever. That relationship is probably never gonna happen. It wouldn't it be interesting if Tamara like found somebody in Mark's family he had a secret brother. Tamara is dating Mark's dad. Mark is dating her sister. Mark's mom is with Tamara's brother.
Speaker 2: Trying to feel too much like my hometown. I don't think I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Talk about a weird Thanksgiving? Yeah, somehow they're like stepsisters.
Speaker 2: It's actually pretty easy Thanksgiving. There'd only be like four people there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mark, Tamara, we have her fingers crossed for your Both of your family is best And all of this started because of one pink shirt.
Speaker 3: Everyone's going to be in pink at the bar.
Speaker 1: But if you ever need help with your dating live email the show. We'll call that person that's not calling you back. You can check out all of our Second Day podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey