Speaker 1: Wake Up, Wake Up in.
Speaker 2: The man and it's turning radio and the Dodgers keeps on time. Ready lunchbox, more game too.
Speaker 3: Steve Bred out of trying to put you through the fog.
Speaker 2: He's running this week's next bit, The Bobby's on the box, so you know what this is the Bobby Ball. Time to go to Amy with her Morning Corny, the Mourning.
Speaker 4: Corny where do ghosts buy their clothes at the booteek?
Speaker 2: That was the Morning Corny. That show that I Like Sugar is just renewed on Apple TV Plus.
Speaker 3: And I think you liked it but then didn't like it.
Speaker 5: Remind me.
Speaker 1: I or something, Oh I.
Speaker 5: Like that one? I liked it.
Speaker 2: No, I did like it, and you continue to like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, I guess I'd forgot about it though.
Speaker 3: Yeah I really liked it.
Speaker 2: He's like in a convertible. IM sure, yeah, yeah, Well it's a really good looking what's in confidence? You're looking guy? So that's season two. Also again, I said I said it last week, and I'm gonna review it in an of the show tomorrow. But that's slow, slow horses. It's it's awesome. I almost stop talking about it. It's so good. This bride planned a seven am wedding, but now she worries people won't show up.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Lady?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I need to know this.
Speaker 3: There's got to be more to it.
Speaker 2: Just the headline. I go, what's wrong with you? Seven am ceremony? That sounds awful? Okay, Now there's got to be more to it, or she's absolutely nuts.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: A bride and her fiance have their heart set on having a wedding at a specific church.
Speaker 3: But the only lady, you're still crazy.
Speaker 5: Spot.
Speaker 2: I felt that, but no, but people aren't going to come, or if they do come, they're going to be sleepy. If you choose to do it at seven am, you have to understand that people are going to feel a certain way about it. They're still going to show up, they love you, but the vibe isn't going to be as like funny, like what the heck a brunch for the like the reception?
Speaker 6: What if you like market it like a sunrise wedding and you have coffee, donuts and breakfast, you can do all that.
Speaker 1: That's phajama wedding.
Speaker 7: But that means people got to get up at four am to get ready it's terrible.
Speaker 2: I think if it's your wedding, I'm a big proponent of it's your thing to do whatever you want to do. However, anything that happens because of the seven am wedding, people don't show up, People are cranky, like that's part of having a seven am wedding. So yeah, they're going to be people not as smiley at your wedding.
Speaker 5: I think this is when you let go of your dream church.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I heard it.
Speaker 5: Did you do something special with you and your I.
Speaker 2: Don't do a ten pm we the church ten pm. I don't rather do a ten pm wedding than a seven am wedding because people are at least awake, and it's easier to stay up than it is get up. I feel that way anyway, especially if it's at three am two am, so the church's schedule is fully booked. She's concerned her guests will be put off. Yes, they will still come. I don't think that there's anybody that she really cares about that will go.
Speaker 3: I can't come because it's early.
Speaker 2: I think there may be some fringers that maybe don't come, But anybody you truly love is gonna be inconvenience, but still come, hey, go into a weddings in inconvenience. It's also fun, but especially if to travel it all you have to buy a gift, you got to get dressed up.
Speaker 3: Like it's a bit of an inconvenience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's something to do that's fun.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean it's not worth it. Yeah, A seven eight that somebody should have sat with her.
Speaker 3: I love you, but we need to have to talk about.
Speaker 5: This, hopefully the person she's married, Yeah, like her husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, what what's worse? Seven am or New Year's Eve? We Ami had New Year's Eve?
Speaker 2: I was okay with that.
Speaker 5: Am is worse?
Speaker 2: I want to get to that. Let me finish the story. I would have thought it was a typo when I got the invitation that they put ams at a PM.
Speaker 5: Oh good point.
Speaker 2: That's why I would have thought this was a mess up. For sure, It's not seven am at seven pm. And then when I call that had been like, hey there's a mess up, no, oh seven am. Then I would have still gone, but it had been tough. Now the lunchbox is question seven am or New Year's Eve? And he asked that because when Amy got married to her husband recipes ex husband.
Speaker 3: Well, he's marriage marriage died. He did, yes, she had on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: And I had no problem with that because one as a loser, and what was I gonna do the New Year's Eve? Lunchbox was not, in his mind a loser and had so many things he could do, but he had to spend it at a wedding.
Speaker 5: Correct he left early to go do whatever else?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because and what are you going to do on New Year's Eve?
Speaker 3: You're looking for a chick? There was a limited pool at Amy's wedding. Also, there were just had bride's men.
Speaker 4: So if you're like like maids as well, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but if you're looking for a check you're it's lower because there are dudes up there.
Speaker 1: Dango was a bridesman.
Speaker 7: But you know what I'm saying that, Like I felt like it was just it was just a weird thing. He was like, man, there's like six people here that I could have to choose from, like those odds or not?
Speaker 1: Amy, was that the only time the church could do it?
Speaker 2: Or correct point in question.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I did want to do I wanted to get married at Mercury Hall, which is an old church venue. It's not an act of like church church where you go on Sunday morning, but it's an old church building, those beautiful white stained glass windows. And yeah, it wasn't available Saturday night. It was available Sunday night. That happened to me New Year's Eve. Monday's a holiday because it's New Year's Day, so people could still come on a Sunday and it worked out.
Speaker 5: I thought it was.
Speaker 3: It didn't work out, and I thought it was good.
Speaker 2: And I did understand why people want to leave early though, because they had actual New Year's Eve plans, but.
Speaker 4: That if they didn't, then while law they had plans because we did our ceremony at eight pm. That way the party would go until midnight.
Speaker 3: And anybody that didn't have breakfast plan has a wedding to go to. I think the seven AM's worst, though.
Speaker 2: I do think the seven am, okay, good luck to her, and I hope the marriage last all the way to noon. You know that's the good last Sunday. So I'll sing you three songs are all in the movie. You gotta name the movie. For example, if I did can you feel the Loft Tonight? And I did, it's a same cool of life, lion king.
Speaker 3: That's example, got it done.
Speaker 2: We played this game two hours ago, but now I made some more ready r ready.
Speaker 3: Time of my life.
Speaker 5: Never fit.
Speaker 8: Im.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not the lyrics.
Speaker 3: I need another one. Here's another one because I don't know one of these.
Speaker 2: Hum kre high Yeah them hum.
Speaker 3: What's the what's the other one? She's like the wind one she blows like you.
Speaker 2: That's okay, you guys have the mom in the wind.
Speaker 9: Come on, Amy, dirty dancing, lunchbox d d dirty dancing, Eddy, dirty dancing.
Speaker 2: Correct, every good. Next one, and I saw her face. Now I'm a believer without a trace. Love ma dout in my mind. The next one. Hey, now you're an all star, get your game on. Go play the next one. Hellelou al Hellou. Hello, Okay, I'm in. I'm in for the wind.
Speaker 9: Lunchbox Shrek, Hey, Shrek. Amy, you're asking why is Bobby singing? We can't play lunch it's illegal, so don't go to jail. You're doing a great job of them.
Speaker 3: Thank you. How about this one?
Speaker 2: It a'my, It ain't me. I ain't no fortunate son, Amy, Amy, I ain't no fortunate. Sometimes somebody sail the spoon in hand, the lord has to cut them.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's every one. What how about this?
Speaker 2: You ain't nothing butter hound dog and all the time you ain't another motor hound dog.
Speaker 3: And then the other one is.
Speaker 2: Turn it out, mum, and I like.
Speaker 3: That, turn it up, turn it down. I'm in for the win.
Speaker 9: Lunchbox, bor'st gump, Eddie Bor's gumpy fortunate son.
Speaker 3: Uh me, we home Alabama and Hondog.
Speaker 2: Next one, Foxy Lady guitars. So I got on that one. That's good, Foxy Lady. Okay, this one is I see a little sillowett of a man's gotta booge? Got a booge?
Speaker 3: Can you do that?
Speaker 2: Don't know about the lightning frightening me? Come I okay? Next one I don't know. The next one is called feed my Frankenstein.
Speaker 3: Don't know it.
Speaker 1: I won't see no one Frankenstein.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you in hell? Why you help them?
Speaker 1: That's not how it goes? Is making that up?
Speaker 9: Then maymy Wayne's World, Lunchbox, Wayne's World, Eddie Wayne's World.
Speaker 7: Good, I mean, Eddie got it off the first one, and I'm like, how Moxy Lady is a tough.
Speaker 3: When you get over the first one.
Speaker 6: They're at the donut shop you remember seeing and the girls walking up?
Speaker 2: All right? Two more, don't.
Speaker 3: You forget about me? Don't don't, don't down.
Speaker 2: Don't you? But then the other two I don't know. We are not alone? And Fire in the Twilight? What movie is that from? But the first one is so strong that that one alone, I think is don't strong enough to name the movie?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 3: You forget about me? Don't the next one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are not alone, we are not alone? And Fire in the Twilight.
Speaker 3: I don't know this.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, I have like two in my brain.
Speaker 3: I don't I've got don't you.
Speaker 1: Forget about it?
Speaker 3: Lunchbox?
Speaker 1: We're not alone?
Speaker 3: Now I'll say, men in black, we're not alone. Now there's aliens.
Speaker 10: Oh interesting, breakfast club, Amy stupid?
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I had sixteen candles, both of them, Molly ring mold.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were close, Eddie got it, expectors close one more.
Speaker 3: If you get this that you win. If you miss and they get it, they tie. These are a few of my favorite things.
Speaker 2: T shirts and cannons and jump ropes and whistles.
Speaker 3: That's how it goes. But the dooodoos.
Speaker 11: And these are a few of my favorite things, beastings and butt hold and jump fees.
Speaker 2: The next one dear fee, Now, dear hurry drop a gold.
Speaker 3: Me her name I call myself.
Speaker 2: The next, the final one is so long farewell, dun dun dun dun d fire Gondio. What if you get, Eddie, you are the winner. We're gonna come to you last y lunch, Wait, so long.
Speaker 3: Lunch you're up? Uh but no, not of the Roxbury.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's right, really no, Amy.
Speaker 5: Sound of music, Eddie.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it, but I wrote down sound of music.
Speaker 2: Amy.
Speaker 3: Good job, Eddie, Good job anyway, good job.
Speaker 5: Time for the news, Bobby stories.
Speaker 2: Florida prepared on Sunday for its largest evacuation since twenty seventeen. Is Hurricane Milton intensified in the golf of Mexico on its path toward the US state's western coast, which is over on the Tampa side. So we are thinking about all of our Tampa friends. I mean, it is hurricane season, but man, you talk about back to back like we're still dealing with cleaning up rescue efforts still for Helene, and then here comes Milton. Uh. The Florida Governor Ron Desanta has warned a potentially higher storm search and more power outages from Milton for this area as compared to Helene.
Speaker 10: Will keep you up to date and like you know how you can help. That's from Reuters.
Speaker 2: People are asking their plastic surgeons to give them the same body parts as famous celebrities. Some of the most popular requests in the last year were as far as noses go, Nicole Kind and Natalie Portman, hm lips, Angelina Joliant Scarlet, Johansson breasts, Jessica Simpson. I haven't seen Jessica Simpson in a while, though, so I guess if anything, it would be from like ten years ago.
Speaker 5: I'll google.
Speaker 2: Anne Hathaway and Meghan Fox's eyes and Kien Niley and Jennifer Lopez's chin.
Speaker 3: This is from Pacific Plastic Surgery Group.
Speaker 5: How do you get someone's eyes like Shaler?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the orbital bone is the orbital bone eye color.
Speaker 6: You would just do contacts because Megan Fox says no, remember we talked about but that's that's what weird is to do.
Speaker 3: Hey, Megan Fox's eyes, I'm awesome. You know that those on rises.
Speaker 2: Let's look up move you guys, those those rise uh for me, if I were to get any plastic surgery on anybody part, which I don't think for me, I want it bad enough to be worth how long I have to sit out like I've always been.
Speaker 3: Recovery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh okay, just in general day for two parts of my body that I've never been like super happy with my pecks because I have the chest of like a thirteen year old boy, and my calves, which I've always just been skinny, and my cat. So I think i'd get like Sam Hunts calves, calves. He's just an athlete. They can you pick any athlete, but I think when I think of athletes around here, Sam hunt comes to my first, my calves.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look there's a muscle there. It's like it's just straight bone all the way down.
Speaker 2: It's so annoying, and you would think it when you're get your forties, wouldn't care about that stuff anymore. And I guess I do far less, but I'm still if I'm wearing shorts in a picture, I go right to it and I'm like, I hate my hate my.
Speaker 6: Legs, and you're you don't have anything there, very little because you benched like a lot of weight.
Speaker 2: I know, but there's no I appreciate that both of those things.
Speaker 5: If you did them, you could still your number one passion, which is work. You could still work easy.
Speaker 2: You have what a can train? You ever know a zombie apocalypse happening? Or I get called into some sort of celebrity softball game. Okay, those are two things I'm always looking out for. Women love men who sing to them, regardless of overall quality, as long as it's genuine and heartful in a fun way.
Speaker 3: I disagree with this, What do you mean?
Speaker 5: I try to sing to my wife sometimes and she's like, like, give us an example.
Speaker 3: You never closure.
Speaker 5: I actually thinks that's scared.
Speaker 1: She likes it.
Speaker 2: Maybe because I do it like seven times a day every day, it's probably a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anthropologists have found that men who have been singing to women for thousands of years have often created more of beloved from the woman to the man. And maybe it's very rare.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's say, if you do it on a rare occasion with I do it.
Speaker 5: A lot though, Yeah, maybe just dial it back.
Speaker 2: Maybe so sometimes I sing like so that don't even love like I'll sing like Oasis, so Sally can't wait or I sing really hard songs and maybe I'm really all like Whitney Houston now and do that. But even like the Oasis stuff stuff that's from Why We Love by Helen Fisher, PhD. So if you're at home thinking about singing Die Happy Man by Thomas.
Speaker 3: Rhett, give it a rip.
Speaker 2: We sing foril too at the house. And sing for real is hard because if I'm trying to sing that when your hair's as on you baby, she like.
Speaker 3: Sing for real, I'm like, oh god dang.
Speaker 2: So when that means you have to sing as you try as hard as you can, because then it teaches you and it shows you that you're not a good singer. We call sing parill a lot, and she and when she sings parrel, she's a better singer than when.
Speaker 3: She's kidding and it sucks.
Speaker 2: Watch out for year three of the marriage. If you haven't had any bumps in the road yet, readers, Digest, listen, if you're on your three and had any bumps, that's crazy to me. For me, maybe though it was so different because I'd never lived with anyone. I felt so bad for my wife. Feels like she was marrying a child legally the bump, when's the bump start for you? Yeah, yeah, I'm not a real child. I think I was a constant bump for her because.
Speaker 5: In the beginning, yes, because you mean an emotional yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like I do know how to share.
Speaker 2: I know how to share like I mean, like posessions, but I didn't know how to like share it emotionally. I didn't know how to like prioritize humans because it was like work, work, work, work, work. So for me that was always a tough one. And I think Magell and your three, Yeah, but we're better now by far than we've ever been. And it's because of me because I finally um to the point now where I kind of understand a little bit about time investment and family investment other than well, family all always be there so I can eventually get back to it, which I think was a lot of my approach with first got married.
Speaker 5: Just to clarify, when you say because of me, it's.
Speaker 3: Because of the because I sucked. I was very difficult, right the work.
Speaker 5: You've done, yeah, yeah, it's just the way it sounds.
Speaker 2: Just from a very healthy family. I never had a family, so to me it was like, why I don't get it. This will be here, so let me go and be gone for seven days work and I'll just come back and see on the flip side. And then I realize that it's probably not the way to do it, which isn't it's not the way to do it. That's from readers Digest breakup comfort food. Ice Cream isn't the top breakup comfort food, even though remaint of comedies have us thinking that. According to survey ladies, what do you think number one is, they shouldn't count. They shouldn't count because it is.
Speaker 5: Not a food.
Speaker 3: They shouldn't count alcohol. Yeah, it's wine. That's not a comfort food.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's a that's it's a liquid, the beverage.
Speaker 1: It definitely offers comfort, Bob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think that's like you can do it if you have a great day, if you're having a sad day. Ice Cream too, though chocolate came in second behind wine, salty food at.
Speaker 3: Three and then ice cream at four. I feel like wine is cheating. What do you mean as a comfort food?
Speaker 2: Like wine is just what you want to.
Speaker 3: Do to get drunk.
Speaker 5: No, you can have one glass of wine. You're not going to get drunk, but you might if.
Speaker 3: You're doing it as comfort food. Don't you think you're doing it?
Speaker 4: You might just like it can be relaxing. Now what is actually doing like physiologically to our bodies? Because sometimes I think we think that it's offering us comfort when really like we think we're gonna sleep better if we have it, or we're gonna actually sleep worse. But there's something in that moment, Like for me, when I hold a cup of coffee in the morning, it's like an experienced comfort. Sometimes in the evening with your girlfriends, or maybe if you're watching TV, holding a little glass of wine and sipping on it offers comfort.
Speaker 5: Make it mental, No, I think it can.
Speaker 4: Make you alcohol and I just really just feel like what's going on with your body chemically at the time, because sometimes.
Speaker 5: Alcohol can be like whoa he And sometimes.
Speaker 4: Alcohol can be like I'm gonna start crying and I don't want to see anybody, and I'm so sad and it's just a downer.
Speaker 5: I mean, really, tequila is the one that.
Speaker 3: Is the more of an upper Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, somebody google it fact check me. But most alcoholic earlier yeah yeah, oh yeah, we should have talked to him about that.
Speaker 3: I don't think the next part tequila to get a song.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Florida woman loses their eye after a freak accent with a retractable dog leash. So it's one of those where you can hit. It's almost like a tape measure back in the day where to because even I guess even now, but I don't use them anymore. But a Florida, Florida medical assistant was left permanently blind in a right eye, needing surgery to remove it following a freak accident when her large dog lunged for a rabbit and so it jumps and then I think it popped hit her in the eye. Oh lost rye four surgeries and I was gone. Oh finally, A twenty three year old Georgia woman was jailed after police mistook spaghettio sauce on a spoon in her car for meth policing gains of a Florida rest of twenty three year old Ashley Houp during a routine traffic stop after finding what they called a suspicious residue on a spoon in her car. The officer claimed a field test of the spoon gave a positive indication for meth. She was like, no, she ended up spending a month in jail. What so this is an old story that's kind of resurfaced, But she was finally released when the crime lab confirmed the only substance on the spoon with spaghetti goos.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? Can you put in jail for a month?
Speaker 2: Call month? Read day?
Speaker 3: Yes, for a day? Much saws a month?
Speaker 5: What colors meth? I thought?
Speaker 4: It was like, I don't know, white, you can go break it bad, but spaghettios are well. I guess the noodle part is like an off white, and then the sauce is red.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, whoa.
Speaker 4: I was thinking I was sinking maybe frosted plates or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That stinks.
Speaker 2: Finally, from Business Insider, US employers out at a quarter million jobs in the last month of September. Unemployment right drops to four point one, a promising sign for the economy. Heading at holidays shopping, the jobs jobs have gone up again, So hopefully that means presidents are cheaper.
Speaker 3: That's what I hope.
Speaker 2: That'd be nice free even they're like, you know what jobs are doing so well? Presidents are presents are free for everybody. All right, that's you needs think Bobby's story. A few weeks ago, had Coetzel over at the house and I got a couple of notes from people going, oh, co Wetzel's coming over. He's kind of dangerous. Better be careful. I was like, dangerous?
Speaker 5: What am I that?
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh crap having him over the house. Was it gonna rob me? I didn't really know. And I knew they were kind of kidding, but you know, Coach just gets on stage, just says whatever he wants. So co came over and loved him, had the greatest time. Thought Coetzel was and it's an episode of the Bobbycast. I don't know, it's like six or seven ago, but I ran into code yesterday just randomly. I think Koetzel is one of the nicest guys around.
Speaker 3: Like he beat you up for sure.
Speaker 5: You did never feel scared.
Speaker 2: No, And even yesterday I was like, what up, dude, we talk We're watching football as a whole thing. A bogus California skydiving instructor has been jailed for lying for nearly ten years being qualified to teach you to school. Oh this school's have twenty eight deaths from accidents to Oh, I'm not sure if they are connected or not.
Speaker 5: But with trained places, how many deaths?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Again, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I came.
Speaker 2: Robert Pooley, forty nine, was sentenced two years in prison Monday after he's found guilty in May of continuing to teach new instructors tandem jumping at the Lowdee Parachute Center after his certification was suspended in twenty fifteen. He trained over one hundred new instructors by using the digital image of a certified structor signature to sign up on training courses, which cost each student about eleven hundred bucks. So not sure how this affected anything or with the other center. I don't know, but I feel like that's probably not good. And eventually you're gonna get caught, unless they're just all not getting caught. Why not get licensed though, I don't understand. Why would you You're doing everything else money, like anything else they want to pay the thousand bucks or so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a tough one there. Hey, Scuba, didn't you gotta talk about didn't you lie at Abercrombie?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah, more like you were like arrest of people on you and you couldn't. It's like statue limitations, right, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Because I had moved from Orlando to San Francisco in between radio jobs and didn't have a gig. So I saw a security guard that'd be kind of fun loss prevention and you have to get a certification for it, and I just I didn't have the money for it. So I just kept saying, Yeah, I'm gonna get it, I'm gonna get it, and goes like, all right, well, I'll how are you just have to promise me in a certain Well, I'm not a time you have to get your certification. I was again a big deal, but in the back of my mind, I'm like, I'm only going to have this for a few months once I get my radio job.
Speaker 3: And so I was arresting people.
Speaker 5: Arrest the right word.
Speaker 12: Okay, Still you didn't have your certification, and then I busted out cuffs and put people in.
Speaker 5: Life.
Speaker 2: But still my question was did you lie about because again it's a liability for the company. Absolutely, Like if you handcuff somebody ended up dying and then you don't have your certification because well, because they.
Speaker 3: Like choke or something, they fall hit their head. Anything at all, you Rebel Scuba.
Speaker 2: How long did you work there in Abercrombie that you guys have The models would stand out in front of the store with their shirts off.
Speaker 3: Yes, we had those guys. Those guys were off and the girls too.
Speaker 1: They're really great.
Speaker 3: They never had girls the Hot Springs Mall. It was only dudes. In San Francisco, they had both they did. It was nice. I worked there maybe about two or three months. You say that creepy though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I meant that you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, I hear you.
Speaker 3: But I I was always jealous.
Speaker 2: I walk by and like, due to the abs and they're modeling their abercrombieans, I can't eve afford Abercron be closed, And I was like, man, every part of that is what I wish I aspire to be.
Speaker 3: But they never had girls.
Speaker 2: Yea them there, Okay, ipey had a good weeknd Arkansas one, Uh is awesome. You would think I played for the team with the amount of tech messages I got I'm happy for you, like you would think I played for the team. And it was a pretty good night. Not gonna lie to you. A big shout out to Tennessee. They came played. Both teams played hard, is a great game. I have a lot of friends that are Tennessee fans, and individually I like Tennessee fans, but as a fan base, they're difficult because they played Rocky Top the whole time, the whole time. It's a big win, and I was happy to happy to get to w and we're gonna we're gonna take a bye week this week.
Speaker 1: And again I'm on the team, so obvious, but you're gonna rest up them this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess some injuries. I gotta like, oh boy, therapy, get some stuff worked on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're also pretty hype. Take that energy into the next game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'd take a loss a lot worse than the good i'd take from a win. I was super happy, but I'm kind of now just going, Okay, what about the next game. But when we lose, like the o clumb State game we lost, I'm still just so bitter about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how you are five weeks career wise too, just.
Speaker 3: Life, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was pretty I would have loved to have gone, but after travel this weekend, I'm going to host like an industry thing in New York, so I couldn't leave so I would have loved to have gone and rushed the field and yeah, that'd have been awesome.
Speaker 3: Just couldn't do it. Pretty jealous. I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: What'd you do?
Speaker 4: Stevenson had his state championship for his cross country team and he had a personal record PR. He did it in twelve minutes eleven seconds.
Speaker 5: Miles two miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the moose was loose.
Speaker 5: The moose was loose.
Speaker 4: And overall as a team, they came in third in the state. Oh cool, which is really great, So proud of them. And it was like the heat to day. It was actually a hot, humid day and they ran at like twelve forty. I feel like if he had had a little bit like it's just like cooler weather and maybe the sun wasn't so bright, he probably could have broken twelve, which was his goal. So even when he got done, he's like, oh man, I really wanted to break twelve minutes. I'm like, you still go to PR twelve eleven is great? Like I love watching him after he's done. And when we got in the car we were leaving Goes. I really love high fiving my teammates and telling them that they did a good job, and I see him do it to them all. They all do it to each other, but he he loves that. So that was like the high of my weekend.
Speaker 2: The first place. Team sports is the first place that I really felt like community with other kids, because I went from like the person that would just go and like read books alone or get picked on to like when I played high school football and that was okay, and then I got to be pretty good by the time I graduated. But there's a real bonding experience to other students that like the team stuff is big for kids.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. He's getting to experience that. Yeah, it's and finding kids that have shared interests.
Speaker 5: He said, he'll race you if you want, so, I just I just don't think I'm.
Speaker 3: Up for it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lose lunchbox before I beat him. I'll give one hundred buck to the winter if you can be.
Speaker 1: Oh, do it.
Speaker 7: It'd be tough at this time we end it, right, Yeah, I mean I mean it would be close.
Speaker 3: I mean it would be really I mean that would be she run still.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I still run, but not like I don't go out and try to set like I don't train like, Oh, let me get faster. I just run a few miles, okay, cool, I don't do like Okay, let me run five miles one day and then run sprints the next day to get better.
Speaker 10: But that'd be interesting. You think you could beat twelve minutes or two miles. Man, he's a kid.
Speaker 1: Man you got this.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but twelve minutes is fast, dude, I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: The guy that came in first again, this was junior high. He looked like he was like maybe someone in front of me turned around, He's like, what university is this guy from?
Speaker 1: Like was that well?
Speaker 4: And he was built like his body he looked like. I didn't feel like I was looking at his huge junior.
Speaker 2: High kids some of them get sixteen seventeen looking a lot faster than others. Yeah, yeah, well, congrats. That's pretty cool for the moose. Sorry Stevenson, I called him the mooves. It's one of those stories where the plane is flying and the pilot gets sick and then somebody else has to land the plane.
Speaker 3: God, Lee, you want it to be mean.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 5: I'm not a commercial flight, right, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: It wasn't commercial. Who doesn't matter?
Speaker 2: They have two pilots on commercial flights, but a passenger lands a small plane after a pilot experience as a medical emergency. So this Las Vegas to Monterey, California. The pilot passed out, so the passenger had to land the plane. Here's air traffic control taking her down into a safe landing. Are you with me? Okay? So make sure you add a little bit of power. You've got to add power. We're going a little too clow. Make sure you have power.
Speaker 1: Your alp is looking good. Five thousand her feet trying to level.
Speaker 2: It's sick.
Speaker 1: You're in her right hand turn. Continue that right hand turn.
Speaker 6: We're going to set you up so that as you level off from your turn, you're going to be trading for bakers Field Airport.
Speaker 2: Is all right?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm already stretched out.
Speaker 2: She doesn't sound very confident, and nor should she be. She's never flown in a mine ever. That's what I would be like, okay, old god, and then I would get close to landing out to pull back up. I can't do it. I can't do it, sir, land the pokay, okay, pulled it back up. I can't do it.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, how is the other guy in the other ends so cold.
Speaker 3: He's got to be.
Speaker 2: It's like a nine to one operator. They've been trained to be calm even if they're not. And also if he's not calm, she's not going to be calm. He was like, lady, I don't know if you can do this, then of course she's going to crash the plane immediately. There's a Ferrari and it was stolen and they ended up finding it because the guy who owned the car left his AirPods inside the Ferrari. Of course, a millionaire's five hundred and seventy five thousand dollars Ferrari was stolen in Connecticut, but because of his AirPods retail price one hundred and thirty bucks, police were able to track down the car.
Speaker 3: He just did define my found his AirPods. Found the car.
Speaker 2: Officers found out that Ferrari was a nearby gas station. The thiefs that had stolen the car jumped out of the car and ran away. Ironically, the thief left his phone in the car, which made it easy for police to track him down.
Speaker 3: That's from super Car Blondie. But how about that a car.
Speaker 2: Cost five hundred seventy five thousand dollars, And I wonder if the person left his keys in it, because somebody that's gonna make a dumb, dumb decision like leave your phone in it and jump out probably didn't study the manual.
Speaker 3: How to high tech ways still a Ferrari, No, they just like to run.
Speaker 2: I would assume that something was just left in there and the guy just saw for And also you take it to a gas station. No, if you're like, it's like a real thing, you have a truck ready, you drop up on the bed of the truck, you get out of there.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't get fundians as soon as you're still a car thief.
Speaker 5: Is going to be like, this is just gonna be my lucky day.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was a car thief. Probably just somebody who saw an opportunity.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I was calling him that. Yeah, whatever, he's going to be like, this is meant to.
Speaker 3: Be, like I'm supposed to take Oh no, not meant to be. It's a higher power.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about a version of Eddie that is kind of annoying because most versions aren't annoying.
Speaker 1: I was like a lot of them, what's what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Fake Eddie.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, what did I do?
Speaker 2: Fake Eddie is the worst? Eddie?
Speaker 1: What am I faking?
Speaker 7: I can't wait to hear this.
Speaker 2: I can't tell people tell them how you want to greet people?
Speaker 6: Now, Well, it's an experiment, you know, how you go up to people like, Hey, how's it going? It's so pointless, Like that's just the dumbest thing to say to someone. They're gonna be like, Oh, it's good.
Speaker 1: How are you right? Right? So I'm saying, go in with intention?
Speaker 2: Okay, so somebody you never met, random, I'm just standing here and just like you need to say something to me.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Hey, how can I help you today?
Speaker 2: For what it sounds, it sounds like you're you're at the grocery store or Walmart?
Speaker 1: Right, okay, okay, do it again? Hello? Hey, hey man, can I help you with something today?
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're trying to like a customer at the buckle and you want to get me some pants.
Speaker 1: But think about it, like you're gonna be like, I don't know, can you help me?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: How about this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I need a ride? Can you get over the Yeah? What's up?
Speaker 2: Man? Like?
Speaker 1: What you having problems with their car? Like what's that? And then you can talk about real life things other than but.
Speaker 7: Are you giving me a ride or not?
Speaker 2: Wait? Now you're giving rides the random?
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 2: I got a bunch of stuff to stay here. First of all, the how you're doing is not a real ask of how you exactly?
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm not waste of time.
Speaker 2: No, I hate small talk. And but how you doing? Or hello or all of that is just an announcement of I am now here. We should get into a conversation. It's not a real question, right, But you're asking a real question, right. You don't want you don't want to ask a real question to somebody you don't even know. Why are you trying to get You don't even know if you want to have a conversation with this person?
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't know. Why are you asking them how you doing?
Speaker 2: Because you may not want to get to level too, because they may be annoying, they may not want to talk, they may be busy. You may be busy, But it's like, yay, how's it going. Sometimes you don't even say that with intention of talk. You just say it like you're going to run into something, like you're bump into somebody, and it's at least polite to acknowledge that they're right in front of you. Oh hey, how's it going? Like? You're in an elevator, my elevator. We're both in there. It's like, oh god, we can both sit a quarter up.
Speaker 3: How's it going good?
Speaker 2: That's simply an acknowledgement that two people exist. We're not going to have a conversation.
Speaker 4: Do you imagine getting on the elevator and being like, you need me help with anything today?
Speaker 1: And they'll be like like, no, what I mean? Do you have that luggage? Like, oh, could you carry this from me to my room?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, sure?
Speaker 2: And you you also would not get off and carry somebody's luggage the room.
Speaker 7: If I have time, absolutely, If you don't have time, why would you ask him how can I help you? Like if I need a ride to the gas station? Then you go, oh, sorry, I can't help you with that? Well then why did you just ask me what can I help you?
Speaker 5: Good luck with that.
Speaker 2: There's no chance this works. You would not be able to People would think it was weird. Even if they didn't have anything to say, they would think you were trying to sell them something.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you can get really deep with someone.
Speaker 2: Why do you want to get really deep with everybody?
Speaker 1: Because only if he has time?
Speaker 6: Though ro correct, But you know sometimes people are like, you know, how you doing, And the real answer is like not good man, you know my wife.
Speaker 2: But the point, the point isn't But that's not the pain what I mean. I'm like, the point of every interaction, the point of every interaction is not to go super deep.
Speaker 1: I think that's the problem with our society.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: We need to like get involved, you know, help work community, help each Say.
Speaker 2: You're a kid's game and there's a seat that's open on the bleacher, and there's there's another parent, there's the only seats there, and you sit down and you don't you don't just sit down and focus for it. You go, you sit down and you go, hey, how's it going. That's not that you guys want to have this deep conversation. It's simply an acknowledgement of I'm sitting next to you, and I'm not going to not acknowledge that you're also here. It's not I'm avoiding a deep conversation. But it's also not I'm here to have a deep conversation. It is simply a I'm now in this proximity, I'm acknowledging your existence.
Speaker 1: I just think I just think we've lost the whole meaning of how how's it going?
Speaker 4: I think there's other ways to engage in conversation? Then can I help you with something? Because then it's like you're going into an action, But like what if if you want to go deeper, could you ask them like, hey, like, what's something you're looking forward to?
Speaker 2: Oh? My god, you guys are out of your amy, You're onto something. Yeah, do you want to have a conversation with every person you're wanted to know?
Speaker 1: Then don't say don't say how's it going? Say hi?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Is this seat taking you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: If you just go high hi hi Hi, that's pretty bad too.
Speaker 1: And you do the whole example of the of the seat, Hey can I sit here?
Speaker 2: That's great, Great, you can do that. But to go up to everybody that you want to have interaction with and go you want to have some super deep talk with that's not fair to them because they're going to feel awkward that you're even sitting next to.
Speaker 5: Me, like, what are you not going on this week? Third, it's like it's just more than how are you? It's like everybody doesn't want how are you? Right now?
Speaker 2: The thing, people don't want to be in a deep conversation with you either. It's not just boring with them, but you're also telling them that somebody available, somebody random, does not want to have a deep conversation with you. You only want to have a deep conversation once it's been established that you are like minded in the conversation and the topic you're about to talk.
Speaker 5: That's true, I.
Speaker 4: Guess Addie exactingly keep saying this to everybody, including us, and like we're all everybody walking in the.
Speaker 1: Street, anyone.
Speaker 6: No, you need to get rid of how's it going and go straight to the point like, hey, do you want to talk about anything?
Speaker 5: No, there's a sliding scale.
Speaker 1: What about Hey, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, you can do that second la or thirdly, but first of all, it's like, what's up. It's not a real question. That's not a real question.
Speaker 5: Honestly, what's on.
Speaker 7: Your mind is not bad, is a lot better than can I help yourself? Okay, guys, I think what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: But what's that?
Speaker 4: Opens the door if you say what's on your mind to Bobby, He's gonna be like, what's on my mind right now is why do you ask me that question?
Speaker 2: Weird?
Speaker 1: Then I'd be like, that's funny, man, I like that, that's funny. And then you just walk off.
Speaker 2: But I thought you wanted to open up this time.
Speaker 1: You don't want to talk, But if you run to the first it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I might want to talk if we have like four play conversation first, exactly.
Speaker 5: Bobby, what's something you're looking forward to?
Speaker 2: I know you, so if you asked me that, I would tell you that. But if somebody random comes up to me and goes, but I'm just kidding, how's it going? What's something you're looking forward to? Here? Getting away from you psycho?
Speaker 1: Now are you asking me that?
Speaker 6: Just because that's not the norm. But if we make it the norm, bones we can change society.
Speaker 2: And why it's not the norm because it's crazy, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little weird.
Speaker 2: You can just go high, although that feels really odd to Hi.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hi.
Speaker 1: We have to stay away from how's it going?
Speaker 2: Our culture we have established that what's it going? And what's how's it going? What's going on? That's not even a real question. What that means is I'm here, I exist in this proximity, same as you, and if we decide to have a dialogue, that's great. If we don't, that's also great. But there's an acknowledgement of us existing together.
Speaker 3: That's what that is.
Speaker 2: We've assigned that to that situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was just spitballing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but with close friends it can all.
Speaker 1: So I'm talking about talking about just.
Speaker 2: A new greetings and he walked up to some guy, Hey, what's on your mind? Do you have any family a history of cancer?
Speaker 1: Under that maybe they want to talk about that.
Speaker 5: Do you need to walk up to someone and say do you need help with it?
Speaker 1: Okay, that was about it. That feels like you look for a tip you're right, or like you worked there.
Speaker 2: That's dumb. And that's how we're gonna end this segment. Thank you, Bobby Bones show.
Speaker 1: Sorry up today.
Speaker 7: This story comes first from Pawnee, Oklahoma, and man was at the gas station asking people, Hey, can you give me a ride to court?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 7: Can you give me a ride to court? I gotta be there. I have stolen vehicle charge and I don't have a ride. No, Sorry, sir, Sorry, sir. So one guy left the truck running, went in to get something. He's like, man, I gotta get the court. No one he'll give me a ride. So he jumped in that truck and drove it on the court.
Speaker 1: He had to get that.
Speaker 2: He did, he couldn't get a ride, and he was already a known theft.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're trying to get a ride, do you tell people I'm trying to get the court for stolen vehicle charge?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I think he just say can you ride? Yeah, just to keep out any court or charge, because that will keep them from wanting to give you a ride.
Speaker 1: But he was smart.
Speaker 7: He did ditch the vehicle a couple of blocks from the courthouse and was walking on foot. But someone had called police saying, hey, some guy going to court needed to ride and stole the truck, so they found him walking.
Speaker 2: And also there's a guy out front going can I get a ride? I need to go to court for my stolen vehicle charge. You leave your truck running whenever there's a guy that's saying that, that's also on that d is a little bit too, just a little bit. Okay, I'm lunchbox.
Speaker 7: That's your bonehead story.
Speaker 2: Of the day on the phone, Heather, Hey, Heather, did you got a Snooky Shop?
Speaker 8: I did Good Morning Studio morning, and so I didn't even know that there was this shop was open. So I went yesterday at my lunch and I was talking to the two girls at the desk. I said, yeah, I heard you guys on the Bobby Bone Show. Lunchbox was talking about you, and I guess he was really loud, and she goes, oh, my god, was that that old guy that was screaming at Snooky the whole time? We just wanted to tell him to shut up.
Speaker 3: That's the guy, Heather.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad that lasting impression.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you called us, Heather. They really call me old, the old guy. That's what you're worried about. It wasn't the fact that you're screaming and you were annoying them.
Speaker 7: I don't what did they expect when they work at the Snooky Shop and Snooky is going to be there. They don't expect people to be excited and screaming at Snooky. I think these workers were in for a route awakening if they didn't think people were going to scream at Snooky.
Speaker 2: It was you older, bigger touching her over the top of them physically. All that went in the store.
Speaker 1: I didn't go in the store.
Speaker 7: I had to drink with Snooky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Heather, just please try to say to us exactly what they said, just one more time so we can encapsulate.
Speaker 8: Forever, they said, I said to them, I said, yeah, lunchbox was in here. I guess he was a little loud. And they, oh, my god, was that that old guy that was screaming at Snooky the whole time?
Speaker 2: And you said yes, And they said, oh my god.
Speaker 8: I said yes. And they're like, oh, we just wanted to tell him to shut up.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, I'd like to hear that story again.
Speaker 2: They were out of time.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 2: She could tell me a story over and over again.
Speaker 7: I mean was if you watched the video, Snooky did tell me to shut up in a funny way. She looked at me because she was trying to do the ribbon cutting and trying to do a speech, and she looked at me, shut up.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, that's funny.
Speaker 7: It was not very audible like when you see like, but you can see her mouth shut up.
Speaker 5: You knew it was you.
Speaker 1: I mean she looked right at.
Speaker 2: So Heather, thank you for the call.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Of course.
Speaker 3: Love you'll thank you if you missed it.
Speaker 2: Here as Lunchbox going to the ribbon cutting of Snooky's News Store, and we felt like it was a bit cringe. He was proud of it the people because this made Snookies Instagram and everybody was like, who is this a weird guy? Go ahead, looking.
Speaker 1: Look at you. She spoke to you. We had a conversations.
Speaker 2: Awesome, thanks for being here. We appreciate you guys, and we will see you tomorrow. Goodbyeybody. The Bobby Bones Show theme song written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymundo, head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.