Speaker 1: Hey, thanks so much for being here in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Wow crazy, Okay, listen, listen, all right, little housekeeping.
Speaker 1: We do have a couple of classics, okay.
Speaker 2: Today and Wednesday, and then our brand new Second Dates are going to start on Friday, Friday, I think, but I think we.
Speaker 1: Also have a brand new episode on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there will be some new stuff, so just you have to listen every day to find out.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've been doing tons of recording and making sure that we've got it stacked for.
Speaker 2: You guys coming up this January, So thank you for being here. Enjoy this classic and we always love to start with a comment.
Speaker 3: Yes, Liliana said, I just broke up with my boyfriend, and as I was stressed waiting for a reply, all I could do was listen to you guys, and all I got was an alr, not even the full word.
Speaker 1: All right, just short day. Okay, Well you did break up with them via text?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know what you'd expected back, like just a thumbs up emoji?
Speaker 1: True? But new year you guys, Liana? Okay, there going all right? I enjoy this classic second Date.
Speaker 4: Second Date update? Is it ever a good idea? To talk about your other dates while you're on a date.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: You're like commiserating and sharing tenny stories back and forth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say the short answer is no. The longer answer absolutely not, unless you plan to be on with us, because we love to hear the dirt. And I'm just thankful that Jennifer, our listener is on the phone with us today because apparently she talked about her other dates on her date. Jennifer, I disagree. I admire your class. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Thank you you are.
Speaker 2: It's not like you're talking about like her ex boyfriend that she's still in love with, right, Jennifer.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm asking, right, Jennifer.
Speaker 5: Right, we were just sharing like funny stories, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, Well who are you sharing these stories with? What's this guy's name?
Speaker 5: His name was Joshua.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: I met him on the Coffee and Bagel app?
Speaker 1: Oh is that still around a while?
Speaker 4: While I know about the Bengal and the candle app, but the coffee yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: He just looked cute. He had like a a dog with him in his photo, and okay.
Speaker 4: You know. Actually I've heard that guys who have dogs in their photos get ninety more matches.
Speaker 1: Way that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Can I borrow your dog?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: The whole point is that you can actually keep something alive and care for something outside of yourself.
Speaker 1: The attractive point of it.
Speaker 4: Men, women are not gonna be able to tell if it's your dog and how well it's taken care of as long as it's in the photo. Just photoshop one in.
Speaker 1: They're gonna know after date one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Or put a little net brace on it like it is we're trying to do. Is accomplished?
Speaker 1: Sick?
Speaker 2: Dog?
Speaker 1: Dog sick?
Speaker 4: They could you determine his dog's health from the photo.
Speaker 5: Jennifer, It definitely looked like a healthy cute.
Speaker 4: This is what you're talking about right here. I see what you're saying. Okay, take us to the date with Joshua.
Speaker 5: So I wanted to make the reservation. I said I would make it.
Speaker 1: Is there a reason for that?
Speaker 5: I just in particular, like I love food, I.
Speaker 4: Love and you're like my favorites.
Speaker 2: Let me pick thee like the certain tables, you like all the things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I called and made a reservation. But when we got there, they had lost our reservation.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I guess I should have made it online.
Speaker 1: Did that like throw the night off? Did it make you upset?
Speaker 5: I wasn't upset. Like they apologized, but they were just like over books.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that sounds like it's a popular restaurant.
Speaker 1: I know there's only two of you.
Speaker 2: It's like, can you squeeze us in somewhere, well, sill at the end of somebody else's table, No big deal.
Speaker 1: Literally make a table in the.
Speaker 4: Alley back behind the restaurant if I get the good food.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Absolutely, totally.
Speaker 5: It totally turned out to be a good thing because we ended up just wandering around the city and like we ended up getting burgers at a takeout place and just talking about our bad date experiences.
Speaker 4: Wait, you lumped this experience as to one of the many bad date experiences that you've gone on.
Speaker 5: No, this was just like a little bump in the road compared to like one time this guy venmowed me like two dollars and forty seven cents for half of his appetizer.
Speaker 2: Oh my goshno requested you.
Speaker 7: Wow, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So you shared stories like that with him.
Speaker 1: Did he share stories back with you? Joshua did so.
Speaker 5: He said he had like a date who brought her mom and the mom was like critiquing his posture on the door.
Speaker 1: Straight.
Speaker 4: I actually think that's some nice feedback. You'd be doing that on the date.
Speaker 6: You're slouching a little.
Speaker 4: So okay, now this is a way to be like, you're actually way better than a lot of the dates that I go on. It's supposed to make him feel good.
Speaker 5: Yes, Like we were having a great time, just like laughing a lot, and it was just like fun.
Speaker 2: And anytime you have like a shared experience, whether it's like a bad date or anything, it can bring you closer to somebody.
Speaker 4: But this wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I know, but they're both commiserating over the same thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha? So how long did this go on?
Speaker 5: For like a couple hours? And neither of us had like planned anything after so he just like walked me back to my car And I'm not used to like a short date like that, or.
Speaker 2: It was just like you expected the dates to go on longer, Like did you want him to invite you back to his place?
Speaker 1: Like what are your expectations there?
Speaker 5: I don't know about that. It's just like the vibe was so good. He just didn't even attempt to do anything else.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a bar or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's just plain it cool. You know, like sometimes if you go out on top, you end.
Speaker 1: It on a high note.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it obviously leaves you want anymore. So he did something right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's playing it so cool that he's not even calling her back anymore.
Speaker 2: So I guess that is planet coldly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're crazy, We're beyond the cool apart. We just want to help you figure out what happened. Okay, Jennifer, maybe the burger was bad that he ate it wasn't all it was a street burger, so yeah, but it is risky. So let's just call him and we'll get your second date update right after this second date update, our listener, Jennifer is the perfect example of when life gives you lemons, turn them into lemon drops.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I don't think they I mean, well, yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever it is because her dinner reservation fell through the restaurant over books, so she took that and turned it into a fun night of wandering the city searching for street burgers and talking about previous bad dates that went even worse than this one did, and her date Joshua shared his worst dates too, so it.
Speaker 4: Really actually bonded them together. But Jennifer, how long has it been since that night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been like a week okay, and you haven't heard anything.
Speaker 5: No, And I've sent like some text messages and nothing radio silence.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're definitely being ignored.
Speaker 4: Have you tried sending him a photo because if he doesn't respond to that, then you know you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: Photo of what?
Speaker 4: Jack of anything?
Speaker 1: Don't do that? Do that, don't listen to their advice.
Speaker 4: You could send him a photo of me. No, if he's a fan of our show, he would definitely respond to that.
Speaker 2: Wait, think he's mad that she.
Speaker 1: Was talking about an other dates. Now you want her sending pictures of other guys to him?
Speaker 4: Jeff, I'm saying, if she does and he doesn't respond, then you really know something.
Speaker 1: So that's the fire. I think she knows before the picture, Jeff. Okay, she's not.
Speaker 4: An idiot, Brooks saying we're not at rock bottom yet. Let's wait till this call happens and see where we end up today. Jennifer, any last words before I dial these numbers.
Speaker 2: Or any last pictures, so Jeff that you want to send either way.
Speaker 5: I just can't believe I have to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to do this. We call us the last resort for people. That being said, with Jeff being in a weird mood, you want to call back tomorrow. This may not be a good call.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll see, we'll find out.
Speaker 6: We're here.
Speaker 4: Let's just go through with it. How bad could it get? All right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: You tell us.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you about some of the worst second date updates we've ever done, and that'll make you feel better about it. Hold on, just okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey is this Joshua?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey man, this is a whole radio show is calling you right now. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Good morning.
Speaker 5: Uh came in real.
Speaker 1: Hot there, josh How are you doing?
Speaker 6: It's Joshua.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, I'm married to a Michael who hates Mike. I get it. I apologize.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that my host is trying to make this segment all about her and her marriage. But we say, I understand, okay, we get it. The real thing that we're interested in, though, Joshua, is you and the date that you went on the other night with one of our listeners named Jennifer. Okay, do you remember her? You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you guys had a really fun night together.
Speaker 6: Why do you know that?
Speaker 1: Great question?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because that's how this segment works. It's called second Date Update. And we spoke to her about your date. And she's a little bit confused about why she's not getting a callback for a second meet up.
Speaker 6: Really, but yeah, she said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, she said that she had a great time with you.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you guys laugh together a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that not accurate?
Speaker 6: No, it's accurate. She's like a really nice person, She's cute and everything.
Speaker 4: But you, yeah, your words are saying nice things, but your tone is saying something else. Yeah, it's like, h wasn't very good.
Speaker 8: I don't I don't think I know how to say this, but I just don't think I'm the right person for her, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh uh, we don't know because she I mean, you don't get to decide that, right, that's what she gets to decide, gets to.
Speaker 4: Choose who you win.
Speaker 6: You don't get a choice.
Speaker 2: That's her choice, right, and she obviously thinks that there's definitely something in between you two if she's calling.
Speaker 6: Us, Yeah, definitely her choice.
Speaker 4: Okay, is going on? Like can we get your take on the date? Did you feel a connection with her?
Speaker 8: I don't know, man, Like we're we're wanting different things.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you know what she's she's like into what's called.
Speaker 2: Stacking stack, like the cups thing where you do it in competition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ann Kendrick song. Yeah, no, okay, so we don't know what that is. Yeah, what is stacking?
Speaker 6: She said she used to stack, which means like have three to four days tonight.
Speaker 1: Exhaust.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is it back to back to back to back or all at the same time.
Speaker 8: I don't think it was like at the same we didn't really get into it, but like, I don't know. To me, I just think it's kind of rude to say, like, I'm miss stacking.
Speaker 4: Oh she said she misses it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she literally said she misses it.
Speaker 2: I mean I could see like I would interpret that as, oh, you you wish that you were.
Speaker 1: Out with someone else right after me. That was good to hear I could understand that, and that's.
Speaker 6: Why I took her to her car when we finished her burgers.
Speaker 1: Is there any way kind of like misunderstood her.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think I did. He was like looking back at it fondly, and it was very real to her, and she was she very you could.
Speaker 2: Tell, Okay, I can totally understand that she's doing anything wrong, But it doesn't seem like she likes you a lot.
Speaker 4: We kind of all see where you're coming from. I wonder if Jennifer sees it the same way, because she is on the other line listening to this Jennifer line with a show right now.
Speaker 7: I'm going to be mad.
Speaker 1: That's just right after us. She's good at timing.
Speaker 5: Heysha. I didn't think you would be so offended by what I said.
Speaker 6: You like, you said this whole thing up like you're on the phone here and called them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I was so confused. I was like, I thought we had such a good time. But I guess it's because I said I missed stacking, which I was just I mean, that was just a fun time in my life, Like it's not something I do anymore. I want the same thing you want, which is a relationship.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was fun.
Speaker 5: It was a fun time.
Speaker 2: It just feels like maybe that's a conversation you have with your like best friends. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sounds like someone who's never stacked before things well, because.
Speaker 2: How could you ever like be invested enough to find out if you were interested in someone if you were just constantly thinking of the next person you were going to see.
Speaker 5: I hear you guys talk about this all the time, and book you said it's okay to date multiple people to find out who you like.
Speaker 4: Contradictory to what your advice always is, she means, like you said, get it in as many times as possible before it's gone forever.
Speaker 1: It's not what I've said, but I think that dating lots of people is great.
Speaker 2: It's just like, if you're gonna ask someone to give you their evening, you also have to invest not just being there, but like your presence, Like how can you be present?
Speaker 4: Well said, you should have brought her presence, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I gave every guy I was with an hour and a half. I was fully present in the moment and I was not thinking about the next guy. I gave him that time fully.
Speaker 1: I almost missed my next I mean it worked for her. She had a boyfriend after that for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I mean that's how you see a Jennifer. But clearly Joshua sees it a different way, right, josh I don't want to mess that up.
Speaker 6: I see it like that's your default setting.
Speaker 8: I think the anomaly is you having a long term relationship, and that's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 5: I mean that we're looking for the same things. That's what I want. That's just something that's in the past. And by no means did I stacked that night when you took me to my car. I was not seeing another person after you, she.
Speaker 3: Said, not makes me think she did, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: Not that night, but the next five nights.
Speaker 1: That's different.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to be on my side.
Speaker 1: You said dumb things on the date. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean the thing is, the thing is, Joshua, she's on the phone with us.
Speaker 1: She's put in.
Speaker 2: A lot of effort to see you again. So I mean maybe that's proof enough that she's over her old ways.
Speaker 4: And that's why I would like to ask you, Joshua, if you'd be willing to meet up with Jennifer one more time and we would pay for it, and the next date, and the next date and all the stack dates after that. We forgot just you.
Speaker 8: Though, No, I got the I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I can't fix that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Joshua, do you realize no one says no to me?
Speaker 2: Oh God, that's not true anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fine, it's his choice.
Speaker 7: Whatever.
Speaker 5: I'll just keep stacking.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's the weekend.
Speaker 4: You didn't want to do that anymore?
Speaker 5: All right, Well, it makes me happy, it's fun. I'm feeling sad now. It's going to get me out of funk.
Speaker 4: Back to back to back to fey. Yes, that's where true happiness comes from. Looking Jeffrey in the morning. All right, So no second date there. Jennifer has hung up. She's not on the line with us anymore. But Jennifer, if you're listening out there, I just want to say, I know you're probably disappointed with one person on this show who didn't support you, but the rest of us here have your back.
Speaker 1: I know you're looking at me, jeff I'm fault.
Speaker 2: She's like, I just really missdating lots of men at the same night.
Speaker 1: I mean, no one would feel special that to that.
Speaker 4: But you understand where she's coming from right, Brooks.
Speaker 1: I have never had multiple dates in one night. Wow, I could not pull that off.
Speaker 4: Remember how good of a liar she was, brook Unstackable is the definition at a time, Fox good news is we've got dozens of guys on the textboard who are DT yes and down to stack whenever. So Jennifer, you stay positive. Yeah yeah, we don't know. That means that's weird. It don't happen for you, jen And if you're into stacking videos, you can always watch a bunch of ours on YouTube. Got all of our second date updates on there. You can like, share, and subscribe all of it at Brook and Jeffrey