Speaker 1: I leave, then I you wanna way back home? Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim, and give us time and a terminol and gay aid.
Speaker 2: We want to send you off inside. We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 1: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 3: We scared her? Was it fine? Now? Porn?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Ride with Karen and Chris?
Speaker 2: Welcome to Do you need to ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: And this is Karen Kilgear.
Speaker 2: I thought i'd change it up a little.
Speaker 1: I liked it. It was a little, uh, just lilty at the end.
Speaker 2: I've been waiting for someone to do an edit. I don't want someone to do this. By the way, this isn't a request, but I I feel like I say it so identically every episode that a a mashup of one hundred of them would be hilarious because I don't change it up. Ever, so I thought.
Speaker 1: That requesting that you're clearly just be honest.
Speaker 2: I'd like to now officially make a request to not have anyone do that.
Speaker 1: This is what a fule assignment. Just could you please assemble a hundred of the exact same intros of God book.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen because I said one hundred. I even had stipulation.
Speaker 1: Please don't not no, no, they won't. That's one hundred, so many don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: I ran today. I haven't run for a while, so my legs are shaking. And uh, but this kid as I was running, this kid, these kids were like throwing rocks at a fire hydrant or something, and they said run forrest, run, And it caught me off guard so much that I laughed and I didn't. I'm mad that they think that they said something funny. Not that that isn't one of my favorite jokes. It's up there with that's what she said as one of the all time best jokes.
Speaker 1: It's just should have turned back over your shoulder and been like that laugh was sarcasm. You're all hacks.
Speaker 2: I know. There's a million things just like, oh you think of the thing to say. I even looked over and didn't anything. But I looked over and one of them even looked right away a little like Gary Sinise. So I could have come up with a real good Lieutenant Dan retort, But no, I just ran good.
Speaker 1: I think that's best.
Speaker 2: There's just a lot of teenage bullies in my neighborhood. It's a rough area.
Speaker 1: Sorry today, will back us up.
Speaker 3: He grew up?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Hold on really quick. How old were these people?
Speaker 2: Thirteen maybe twelve? But they were confident and they were pretty big for their age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was running children today.
Speaker 2: I you know, I just think in this city they'd be used to seeing a jogger. You don't need to heckle people. It's just a rough neighborhood.
Speaker 1: You got to put those earbuds in and just jog. You could jog with the confidence of a thirteen year old throwing rocks.
Speaker 2: At a fire hydrat right, focus on my breathing, trying to have fun with it. These kids got the best of me today, and I wish that I just was a faster thinker. I think I'm losing my bead with retorts, but not with running, because man, was I going like the wind.
Speaker 1: Are you losing it with your intros?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Let's check it out right now.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm very excited for our guests today. You've seen him in clubs and colleges, across America. He's one of our favorites, and it's been a while since we've seen him, so we're very excited. Put your ears together for Eric to Dorian.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, Hello, do I talk? You? Got you talk, Chris Fairbanks, Ken Cogareth, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dorian. I haven't seen you in ye literal years and years ago.
Speaker 3: I dropped out, I dropped out of college. I dropped out of school cool, and I moved. I moved away to a different country, bald timour, Oh yes, marry yes. Uh so I don't live. I don't I don't live in Land anymore. So I don't exist. So that's why I mean I missed you. Guys. Karen, I saw you in the movie Liquorice Pizza, and I yelled out loud to myself in the dark, really stoned, yay nice.
Speaker 2: Were you in a theater or just alone at home?
Speaker 3: Alone at home, below at home. I almost pulled the trigger on because we have a baby, and like who was not vaccinated until recently, pretty recently, Liquoric Pizza was one I really wanted to see the theater. I almost pulled the movie theater trigger on it, but I didn't, but I have recently Banchee's Banshee's got Me in the multip one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I bet that was great. In a theater, it's a big decision these days, it actually is a kind of a decision.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The theater here, there's like a small little indie theater called the Charles Theater. And during the week it's like week nights, it's just empty. And so I had three weeks in a row I went and saw movie by myself in the theater, ban Cheese, and she said, and then what was the third one? Oh the Fablements. I got to see by myself, and it was really nice. It was just nice to be back in the theater. But yeah, so that's my life. That's when. That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Once a week two pm, mattinee, no, no.
Speaker 3: I gotta go after bedtime because the baby, Oh okay, dinner, bedtime. And then I sneak away and come back quickly.
Speaker 1: How old is this baby at this point?
Speaker 3: The baby's going to be two next month. Oh, oh, toddler, the little pandemic baby. His name is George Valentine do Dorian.
Speaker 2: Nice Valentine Gigi for short, yeah, after your favorite comedian, Gary Valentine.
Speaker 3: That's him. Yeah, and wrestler. Yeah, Like I said, that's my life with the baby. Drew works at the bakery. She works at a breakround and I stay home with the baby. And then so once week I get to go out and it's like it I can't. I can't overstate how much of a treat that first Banshee screening was. It was amazing. I got like so stoned on a doobie and I had like my perfect snacks. Oh the theater. The theater is right next to the train station, so where I smoke my doobies. I just watched the trains coming into the train station. It's like, oh, very picturesque. Yeah, oh it's gorgeous. And then uh yeah, and then I just like snuck in and I just got in my little seat and it was it was like and then like this year, of course there's like a million movies about like how cool movies are. Yeah, so it's like, yeah, oh yeah, movies are cool.
Speaker 2: It's funny that those were your theater choices, because when I know when I pulled as to be like top done or something, it's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know, I saw she said by myself, you know, a movie about the New York Times off gole, just the worst. I laughed at myself out loud in the theater, going what am I doing? But it was all that your new.
Speaker 1: That's your new Baltimore personality is kind of your intelligentsia. Are you one of those? Were you wearing kind of like a beret?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, And I just like I just like I just wait outside for anyone to talk to the movie about and like in real in real pontificating, like just like I really liked the compositions words like that, you know, composition and.
Speaker 4: Uh thieves, oh my god, yeah, and like references to movies that sound like movies that I should have watched like this.
Speaker 3: This reminds me of Bergman's Blue. Have you seen bergmann Blue? Blue? Was so good?
Speaker 2: Just to a passer by looking for where he parked his car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry. Yeah, in Baltimore or in the middle of the night, it's really it goes, it goes off cute, It's huge. I'm huge ye.
Speaker 2: To give like a tour of Baltimore. Tell us about the city, because I don't know much even though I've been there.
Speaker 3: It's a scrappy, scrappy city. We have a remarkable music scene in like every anything you can ever think of to listen to. There's like fifteen really great bands here that just put it out and they just play shows and they don't really I mean like not touring like nationally known acts. But like there's a great, great jazz scene that I wasn't really aware of, but like the jazz history is huge. So music. You like skating, don't you, Chris?
Speaker 2: I certainly do.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't. I don't really, but there's so many good like skates spots here that I've noticed that people are skating.
Speaker 2: Do people skate? I think I've seen footage near that wharf. Yeah, there is a wharf.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. The water is the big like Forrest Straw because the aquarium dreams a right on the water and the quarrym was like incredible, it's the National Aquarium. It's really really cool. It's really cool.
Speaker 2: And that's where the War of eighteen twelve also, Yeah, I was a battle there. That's all I know about Baltimore.
Speaker 3: We yeah, we held it down the War of eighteen twelve. And there's the tower yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a tower, and then there's and the people were behind in the tower, and then behind a wall, and then the British were like doing their fucking tho. It was the British date War of eighteen twelve. Now I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's all I know with Baltimore was part of that war.
Speaker 1: This is the idea that the War of eighteen twelve took place in Baltimore is absolutely new information to me.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: If I had to guess, I would have been like France.
Speaker 3: I thought it was. I thought it was like New Orleans. Wasn't that the War of eighteen twelve? That's what I always thought before I moved to Baltimore.
Speaker 2: If I'm wrong, I thought, probably, I know there's a Baltimore battle of some kind, and I I was hoping.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it is, and they celebrate there's like a day devoted to it. But I cannot remember what it was.
Speaker 1: Fourth of July.
Speaker 3: It was a fourth of July. No, no, it was the fourth of July. It was like it was that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm confusing on that. Yeah, okay, I'm just remembering not the War of eighteen twelve, but a fourth of July in my youth.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm not good at. I'm not good at uh wrapping the city like Rob low is in the California commercials. Have you seen them?
Speaker 1: Yes? But Eric, what if you could become that? I think you should.
Speaker 3: Aim to be the Robb.
Speaker 1: Blow of Baltimore's California and just get out there and be like, we love it here. Yeah we have this tower. Also, never forget the War of eighteen never ever it was also with and then you explained.
Speaker 3: Mexico, Mexico or Canada. Yeah yeah, John Waters.
Speaker 2: And then take a step of your Atkins shake because Rob Lo, there's so many things you can ye yeaheah.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I think. I got to get into Atkins first and then let that set the tone and then just walk around the city, you know, trying to sell people on the city, which I think I'd be pretty good.
Speaker 1: In this commercial. What if the last shot was you shaving your mustache that you have now down to a John Water's mustache.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, because I only shower and shaved at the end of the day and I'm usually like really high and tired, and it just it gets real wild in there, especially if I have a lot of work that I get a lot to work with. I'm like, and last time I with this mustache, I tried. I was like, let me go John, let me just do a little bit of John and see what people say. And I fucked it up. And then so it's too thick, it's hard, it's hard to pull off. He's so it really is. It looks it's so meticulous. Yeah, I think I feel right now it's Waters, It's Waters, Watters ask Yeah. I saw him twice. I saw him walking out of Crazy rig Asians, which was amazing, with like twenty minutes left. He just like shuffled out of there.
Speaker 1: That's plenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel it. And then uh, one time I know. Then I saw him at like, uh the Maryland Film Festival here, been trying a movie that he liked.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know that John Waters is famously from Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big time, that's life time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, films everything in Baltimore. And one of my favorite and anything that's ever happened in cinema is in I won't be able to remember. It may be Female Trouble, but I can't remember which movie it is. But there is a shot that they shot of Divine dancing down the street and they did it. They just like put her on a street corner, got into a car with the camera and were like dance down the street. So everybody else that's in the shot is has not agreed to be in a movie. They don't know what's going on, and this probably to their eye, just a very large woman is just dancing her ass off down the street to music that isn't playing, and it in the movie. It's so fucking funny. Yeah, Like it is just one It's one thing that delights me to no end. If I was on a deathbed and someone came up with the phone, I'd love to see that, like right before I go, because it's one of my favorite things of all time.
Speaker 3: It was TikTok, like fifty years before TikTok. Now everywhere you go people are just dancing in the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking John Waters invented that, like street dancing, TikTok move and Divine did it alone amongst like hostels.
Speaker 3: Probably I got goosebumps. I got goosebumps thinking about Divine. It's so good. I've actually and I'm good and I've never seen any of John Water's movies. So this is good. This is good.
Speaker 1: That's a good one to start with.
Speaker 3: It's a good Baltimore primeer too. I think it's like we've been I've been here for five years now. I think it's good time to get into some Baltimore stuff. You guys are getting to it. This is cool, this is good. I'm glad now this is working out.
Speaker 1: I'm really glad we did this. I think it's important.
Speaker 2: I was there shooting a commercial and with Joe Flacco, who I didn't even know was like the Ravens quarterback or he was all the time, and he was really sweet. But he immediately befriended me on the set of this commercial because he knew I had no idea who he was. He was made me like him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: There is one scene in the commercial where I had to hike him a bag of Dorito's and then commercial was surprised when you when he grabs it, like it surprises you because you don't know he's gonna grab it, And I'm like, well then why am I hiking it? But I couldn't. I wasn't doing a good job summoning the surprise and I swear to God, when I put the bag down there, he tapped my balls kind of hard to get the reaction from me. And then I liked him even more.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: If you ever see Joe Flacco, that's any method actor.
Speaker 3: He's a method quarter.
Speaker 2: He gets it. Yeah, he really loved that slap. I had a little bit of a belly ache after that, I bet, yeah. But then I let we went back. We ate at some seafood place on that wharf, and when I got on a plane, and that's all I saw of Baltimore.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's pretty good. You saw it. You met a football god and you had crabs on the water. That's like, that's not bad. That's not bad.
Speaker 1: If only Joe Flacco was an expert on the War of eighteen twelve, and he could have just explained a couple highlights that would have stuck in your mind, Chris, because you were having like this, you know, like prime experience. Then you would be able to tell us what all that's about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have remembered everything in that moment. I was thinking so clearly. Yeah, because he really gave me a slap. I know I already mentioned that, but it really I'm now remembering that it was actually kind of painful. It's a bold move, it is, and I respect him for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very jock. It's such a jock move. It's just like, your private area is my business. I am going to alphay you. We're going to give this director the results they want. Yeah, here's to you.
Speaker 2: Dorito's right, but he did apologize profusely after. And I also respect that he's a quarterback. And in another part of the commercial, he's supposed to throw a pepsi. This was for Doritos and Pepsi. By the way, I'm not just making up these products and tostitos. Do you believe he's supposed to throw the coke like a football, like he's supposed to throw it like a spiral into a sound blanket. These two guys were holding up a sound blanket. We're in a rented house, and he threw it and it just went straight up and hit the wall, burst open, and there was just pepsis sprayed on this white wall and we all just laughed. And God, I missed Joe Flack.
Speaker 3: He seems great. He's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love him on this podcast.
Speaker 3: He is and he's had his hands probably like under so many people's balls as quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no big deal to him.
Speaker 2: No, And he treated me like I was a star football player myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's very Baltimore to be like of the people and be like, hey, you can have a what I believe you guys call tap it a nut tap at sack taps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I think it's a sack tap.
Speaker 3: But there's like, but there's so many variants the sack tap. There's like I'm trying to hurt you sack tap, which is like a high school sack tape. I got a lot of those, but this sounds this sounds more like a hey buddy, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I'm inspirational checking it, just checking it.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Lit a fire under my ass. I think I was better in that commercial floor it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe, have you seen the thing online about how dudes like to snuggle and it's always like they always like to get snuggled from the back in a sitting position. Maybe does this just pop up on my feet? Is this just my feet thing? Oh?
Speaker 2: I get a lot of little spoon stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what you do you do right?
Speaker 1: Yes, it subscribes a little Spoon Monthly. Oh god, what do you when you say dudes? You mean are we talking about frap boys?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Ros, I mean like just like bros online bros. Yeah yeah, okay, like a like a royal bro that is like online, Like dudes are like this and like you know those kinds of guys Yeah, old spice bros. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, Bible, yes, yes, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of lads. Ye ladser than you broke? Yeah? Lad? Wait?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Though? Are they snuggling like while they watch television in their shared apartment?
Speaker 3: So like the video, most of the it's like a trend. So there's like I've seen like a million of the same video essentially, or it's like a woman is like in a guy's nook, right, and it's like guys don't like to cuddle like this, This is how guys really want to cuddle. And then like they'll like snuggle in like in between their partner's legs and kind of like you know, sit to Boggin style. Toboggan style is oh really yeah.
Speaker 2: We're like laying down, but essentially she's on his shoulder.
Speaker 3: In a chair. Yeah, like in the couch, you know, sitting up, but in the you know, birth canal.
Speaker 2: I've never seen this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe it's just me.
Speaker 1: I thought you meant this is how bro's like to cuddle with each other.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I.
Speaker 1: I honestly thought that's what you know, We're like, Okay, I wish.
Speaker 3: It was that well. I was trying to tie that in. I was trying to tie that into the Flacco Fairbank affair, which is like, yeah, kind of what I like the most about sports, what I like about by far the most about sports. And I love sports and I know they're so dumb, like so so dumb, but I love them so much. Is that kind of dude on dude love like that is always going to be there in any sport, no matter what. And that's what that felt like. I would be like, Yeah, if a dude, like a quarterback, like a sports legend is he's a legend in Baltimore, I'm not. And I don't throw that word around you never have, never have. That's like eight time I've used that word in my life. Like if a legend tapped me on the balls and it kind of hurt, I still I feel like I would be comforted by that, which is what I feel like those videos are about those dudes. They want to be comforted, have their backs watched, you know what I mean secure, because usually, you know, dudes are standing alone with their backs you know, to the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I didn't know what a privilege I had experienced until I called my dad. Of course, immediately to Britt, because I knew my dad would care that I was a commercial with Joe Flacco. Oh man, he's and he just unsolicited said, did he give you a Diddy tap you?
Speaker 3: He did? He said, that's a big no. I did.
Speaker 2: I did describe it, and I did. I told him about it, and he really seemed to appreciate it as much as I did, And I'm like, good, That's that's why I'm your son.
Speaker 1: I was talking to somebody about how professional athletes of every sport, in any sport, and I know what you mean, Eric, where it's like when you feel like you like them too much or but they really it really is. I am forced to watch football with my dad every football season when I go home to visit him, and I absolutely revere and admire and appreciate the excellence it takes to be one of those people that's playing that game.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: It is a big deal. It is a very difficult, very specialized thing. I've watched so many thirty for thirties about so good that kind of socialization. Like if Joe Flacco, I would imagine has been playing football since he was eight years old for his entire life, so that is the world he's always lived in. Yeah, that was his Like if someone could translate that to Chris, Yeah, like that.
Speaker 3: Was his reaching out. That's like an alien reaching out. Like that was touch and you were the boy.
Speaker 1: Immediately turn on your heart light because Joe Flacco just put a red hot finger onto the back of your ball.
Speaker 2: Turn on your hot light.
Speaker 1: Quite literally, it is about et.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that song. That sounds awesome that.
Speaker 1: Oh well Diamond, turn on your heart light.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Sports legend in Boston Neil Diamond because they think sweet cat. That's like the ninth time I've used it now legend because they sing sweet Caroline instead of take me out to the ballgame at Fenway Park. And it's awesome. It's like one of the best things in sports.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's one of the best because everyone does it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's incredible and like I got goosebumps.
Speaker 2: I feel like the yelling that dot dotta after that is from the now kind of controversial movie Beautiful Girls. Remember they're all in the bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Were people doing it before that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's a good question because that's a Boston movie, right, isn't it? Beautiful Girls?
Speaker 1: It's an Ed Burns movie. So wherever he's from, I think he's.
Speaker 3: Like a Boston Oh there's so all his movies are. Is he gonna be on this podcast?
Speaker 1: He's next week.
Speaker 3: That goes my that goes my burns cash. I just burned up all my burns cash. That's what I call industry. That's the industry term. When you want to get in with someone, burns.
Speaker 1: Cash, the burns catch, you need at least a hunt dollars. Were the burns cash to get into any major party?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm never going to get into I'm never going to be in Beautiful Girls too. Oh you never know, I could. I could be sweet.
Speaker 1: Caroline reminds me of like being drunk in college and being at bars where people were doing that.
Speaker 2: And they think at all, yeah they did dom Okay. I had never heard of it until Beautiful Girls, and I wish they would do a remake with an age appropriate Natalie Portman.
Speaker 3: They do it in Oh my God. She she had a rough childhood with the.
Speaker 2: With the that she was doing, I'm always twelve year old.
Speaker 1: She was perfect looking, so of course that's what Hollywood does. But I mean, I remember, well, wait, you go ahead, because I think we might say the same thing.
Speaker 3: I saw The Professional, not in the theaters. My dad took me to see The Professional, and he should not have. I was like, I was ten or eleven, and that movie. Gary Oldman is so scary. In that movie, he's horrifying, and he fucked me up for a long time, and I remember thinking like, damn, that movie really fucked me up. It really must have done something in Natalie tork me like she was in it. She had to act with that dude.
Speaker 1: Well just it's just so it the movie itself, especially through today's eyes, you look back and just go, yeah, you know, it's if there were any adults in the room, they should have spoken up because that's really gross and weird. And she's ten and my.
Speaker 3: Sister, my dad looks a lot like genre now, or he did when I was a kid around that time, and my sister had the same haircut in like war chokers, and so they would just walk around like that all the time.
Speaker 2: People would not just talloween no.
Speaker 3: But one time somebody on the plane commented on it once and it was huge for family. They're like the professional. Yeah, yeah, it's like, oh, you looked the professional, both of you. I was like, I'm going to be I'm want to be in the movies. I'm going to be part of that.
Speaker 2: Eric, you and I we were in a music video together that was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was not, uh it was.
Speaker 1: I watched it was.
Speaker 3: It was a really good song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were great in it.
Speaker 3: I got my ass kicks. It was like, uh, I forget the director a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh. Which before that, it was a band Parleled Harlem, like a punk band that I already liked and I love that song and we all got to be My role was like the ridiculous crossing his eyes prop comic.
Speaker 3: You and Lizzie Copan and yeah, it was like the rage.
Speaker 2: Filled tell it like it is comic. And Lizzie Cooperman was like she was just she was so ridiculous and crossing her eyes and acting like a bird. And then when you the the show, They're like, we got three great comics and then another guy.
Speaker 3: And that was that was me And I was like the headliner and I felt so bad because you guys were so good. And then I didn't know what to do. And I was supposed to just go up there and like act like I didn't know what I was doing, and I thought that I was doing that pretty good because I didn't know what I was doing.
Speaker 2: It was that was what your character was supposed to do, and you danced.
Speaker 3: I did. I did. That was like that That was one of my formative like acting on camera moments. I like learned so much because I got my asking. She like Wendy McCole is the director's name, and okay, she just was like, you're not giving me what I want. And we remember hours after everyone left. Everyone left, it was just me and her at old at those under sunset and I was like, I was like dancing. I'm like, not a dancer. I mean we can get into that later.
Speaker 2: It's here, You're a dancer the information we were given.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, so she literally let everyone else go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kept you after it was.
Speaker 3: Like he was in table. I remember, it was just the cinematographer, cinnamon photographer. She wasn't Ingra Bedsen was the director, and he just fucking he just went home. It was a Sunday. He's like, I'm gonna go to the movies and I was like cool. And we were there for hours and I remember, like, am getting get paid? But that's okay because it was such a good experience. It really was that. This is actually one of those times where it actually was because I like, she kicked my fucking ass. Man. It was awesome. It felt really good, I thought.
Speaker 1: And so you liked Did you like how it turned out?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah I did. It's a little cringey to watch hers. I feel cringey to watch it myself, but yeah, it was great. I loved it.
Speaker 1: It's horrible to watch yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was being so over the top that I just can't watch myself trying to be normal. Yeah that's what bothers me. But but if I'm allowed to act ridiculous, then I can watch it. But that song is called lace Curtains Pink and Gold.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: He were great in it.
Speaker 3: I got lucky. I did a few music videos before uh we left LA and all the songs were good because if you like in the music video and the song sucks, then you're listening to that song all day and you're hungry. You're hungry, you're overtaffeinated, and that song is lame. And but I was like, all the songs that I do music videos for were really good.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I really do like that song. It's in my Spotify liked songs. Yeah, it's good without the video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his voice is really good.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was that was the coolest thing as a comic to be in a music video. I think I saw like David Cross in a new pornographer's video a band. I really like those two worlds colliding is just it took.
Speaker 3: It's so cool. It's so cool. Yeah. I love music videos, I which I mean the go around, right, I mean they're kind of like have weather does it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like they're predominantly like rappers are the ones that really make the rad ones that like you talk about and pass around, which always it feels to me, I don't know the last the last like mainstream rock video I saw that. I was like, thank you, that was great. Oh, sorry, that's incorrect now that I think about it. It's because I personally don't watch like MTV or V h oneyw But when I was home for the holidays, we were all sitting around and somebody put on Miley Cyrus's Flowers video.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you hear about that?
Speaker 1: She shot this video in the house where her ex boyfriend, uh not the yeah, not Thor, but his younger brother cheated on her in this house, so she went and shot the video in the house. Because the whole song is about like I'll buy my own flowers, I'll do my own thing.
Speaker 3: She was wearing his suit, too, wasn't she Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a part where she's wearing a suit and she just looks amazing, and she's like, we're just so proud of Hannah Montana, so good for truly being such a legend at this point. Yeah, but we're literally so it was either my sister or Adrian. They were like, hold on, you need to see this, And then we all sat around and watched it. We're like, yeah, during it was so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe I didn't watch it. The other day when I went down a wormhole of watching she sang with Metallica. She did a bunch of rock songs at Taylor Hawkins's memorial concert.
Speaker 3: Like with did you go to that? Like? Did you go to that? No?
Speaker 2: I just watched a bunch of them because she was meant to sing like Leada Ford or Pat Benattar. She's not the best gravelly rock voice that It's like, I want her to be the singer for metalic Yeah, like nothing else matters cover.
Speaker 3: Yeah. During that.
Speaker 1: During Quarantine, they did that big like a benefit for music venues that we're having to shut down because that business was so rocked by quarantine and everything. And she they did a thing I think either the Rocksy or the Whiskey, and she came out and sang the Cranberrys Zombie God, so fucking good. People were retweeted on Twitter, and I was just like, I like, it was the most exciting cover.
Speaker 3: It was just so good. I love.
Speaker 1: I already knew she was amazing, but then when somebody does a hard song beautifully and perfectly, it's just like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: She's just so good. Rest in peace to the singer from I Know, so Laura so weird and yeah, incredible that any time anyone ever says that, like the name of the title that song, I just get goosebumps.
Speaker 1: There might be a draft in that basement.
Speaker 3: You're, yeah, this is really cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah this Baltimore wharf wind?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, are you getting the wind of eighteen twelve down in that face?
Speaker 3: All right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She actually passed and my dad we we had some moments remembering Dolores and yeah, we listened to Linger and the other better songs. So good Dreams Dreams came on, and it's so funny to have a dad say this. He was like, this might be one of the best rock songs of all time.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, your dad sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: He just I was very surprised to hear him say that, because as as your parents get older, they start going back to all the fifties and sixties music they listened to his kids. Yeah, like that's all he listens to now. But I remember a brief period where he's like, have you heard this new Cranberry's he'd call it.
Speaker 3: Used to be DJ. You said, yeah, yeah, that's so sick. Is that my catchphrase? I just heard the best? I love covers. I think it's like I think I like cover like a good bar cover band. Oh my God the best. Pull up a chair and I'm there. Tenacious D did a cover for like Serious XM of Wicked Game and Jack and Jack Black sang the ship out of that song. Have you have you heard it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my, that's a video, Yeah, because I think it was on tip I follow him on TikTok. He puts out good content, but that thing, I mean, here's the thing. And I think most people know this at this point, but Jack Black has one of the best singing voices really hands down.
Speaker 3: That's just huge.
Speaker 1: There's a really great video of him singing. I think it's for a Clippers game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it?
Speaker 1: He's singing the Star Spangled bann or whatever. And it's hard, right, Yeah, It's one of the hardest songs to sing, even if you have range. It's hard to stay on key for that song because it just gets a little wacky. I think people have gotten much better at it now.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: It's like he was born to sing that song, just like he just is such a music band.
Speaker 3: Wait, have you ever sang the national anthem in like the official capet? Like yeah, yeah, caring?
Speaker 1: You know what's funny about that? And this is one of my great regrets. I was asked to sing the national anthem at the beginning of a comedy show by Jamal James.
Speaker 3: Jamal Johnson, Jamel Jones, you know what I'm talking about. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know him that well, but he dm me. I was like, hey, well you sing the national anthem at the beginning of this, and I immediately was like, yes, I will. Well, this was pre COVID but just before, so it was like maybe six months before. I wanted to do it so bad. But of course, like as it leading up to it is like I work every day for fucking sixteen hours or whatever leading up to it, and then I was just like the day of where every hour of that day I was like, you're going to go do this, you have to go do it. And then it was like seven o'clock and I was still like still working, and then I was just like I'm not fucking going to that show. And I just flaked on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get and I have.
Speaker 1: I always felt terrible, but I also was like, I just don't want to go and be mediocre to start their show, like suddenly the pressure was on. Yeah, It's just like but it was the kind of thing is that when you stop doing stand up, which I know Eric you've you've sometimes taken a break, that feeling where if you go back. Yeah, it's that kind of like the intimidation factor. It's all in your head, so it just comes out the window. But I really I knew that if I did it, even if it was, you know, not great near the Rockets Red Glare part, it still would be funny. Like I could be funny about not doing it perfect. But then I get so like when it comes to singing them all, I'm like, I get so in my head about it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, Rockets Red Glare part is the point in over return. You better have started at the right octave.
Speaker 3: Oh boy. And it's at the end of the song, and it's it's all Baltimore written in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Uh, by Francis Jacky.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Off the wharf. It was a wharf win. It's a wharf wind. So he was like, he was like on a boat on the wharf and he was like, look at those fucking rockets, Red Claire.
Speaker 1: Please don't please, don't lie, because I'm going to record this.
Speaker 3: I'm not it's true. Is that the dog of truth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's every time the dog barks you know you haven't lied.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's the final test.
Speaker 3: I also care to want to hear you sing at some point. I don't know if you have the new Yer's song all Lang Sign Old Sign. Have you ever seen that?
Speaker 1: No, You're so good, dude, no quaint, that's like a drunk song. Yeah, I love that line Sweet Caroline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one of my favorite old songs of all time.
Speaker 2: It's so good a reason to fall off the wagon.
Speaker 3: It's so sad and fun at the same time.
Speaker 1: And it's sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets you in the move and it's like the best Christmas.
Speaker 1: It feels like. It's also like the kind of song where everybody hates New Year's. Everybody had a disappointing New Year's in some way, usually every single year. Yeah, and that song plays while you're looking around going like I don't want to kiss it. I know it sucks. And another New Year.
Speaker 2: I guess it's this body pillow with an anime character on it.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: I and a lot of people have messaged because we've talked about this before, but Eric, I want Karen to do covers of Sundays songs. I feel like she could do Harry Wheeler's way. I don't know if you're a big fan. Karen and I both bonded on Sundays. It's kind of Berries. It's like the original Cranberries and a little more. They were, Yeah, they were like stream pop.
Speaker 1: I think you're too young, Eric, but it when I was in college and when Chris was in high school, I think probably this band came out and they were very like it was very like independent record store. That's the first time I heard them. I walked in and it was playing and I literally like ran to the front, like who is this Yeah, and she just has one of those like amazing voices. And so then later when the Cranberries came out, I was like, I hate this band because I love the Sundays.
Speaker 2: It does have to nick one, yeah, very and I love the Cranberries, but I didn't like the hey, hey, sorry.
Speaker 3: That I had to do that. I want to go to Ireland every time I hear.
Speaker 2: That, I'm sorry. Now you know, Eric, I think you would know who The Sundays were just a reminder of here's where the story ends.
Speaker 1: No place is like make me feel we can't do that? There you sing on the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not why not, but you're so good? Oh, because we have to pay for it. That's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Well, only it's you did less than ten seconds.
Speaker 1: It's three seconds. Yeah, oh really okay, I can do it like this she sings like this. There's not a tune.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you way? Can you just like, can you just in your head in your music brain augment the melody just a little bit like they do and like knock off commercials.
Speaker 1: That's what I just you just did came out is not it's impossible.
Speaker 3: To do that in your brain.
Speaker 2: All you need to do. And I've done a little research on this, and that's how weird All got away with it. You have to change the genre of song from drama comedy. So you just did a comedic version of here's where this story ends. We are free and clear. That's article ninety Yeah in the parody at laws.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Literally, there's there's a lawyer in our legal department, Jim, who has to clear this show specifically. Yeah, and I do this to him constantly.
Speaker 3: You have one of the best voices of all time and Christian your mouth, your mouth trumpet is like really impressive as a cute I'm a novice mouth trumpet to here, and I was like the first time I heard your mouth tup, I was like, damn, he's going off right now with the mouth.
Speaker 2: Did you think it was a real horn?
Speaker 3: Uh No, But but I don't. I don't like I can't play a real horn to save my life. But if I get nervous enough, I will pop off folks of mouth trumpet. I get. I get when I get nervous, it just comes out, and it's usually.
Speaker 1: It's a good cover.
Speaker 2: I was taught how to do it by my uh my fireman brother in law when I was very young. He was good at mouth horn and and I focused on it, and that's how I learned.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. It's good to have in your back pocket thing you can just pull.
Speaker 2: Had an ear for music. That's why they threw trombone my way in sixth grade.
Speaker 3: It's sucks that music. So that's why I love all that sign because it's what's it called? It's free. It's a free uh property? No, what's itv? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Even the birthday song isn't that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is now? It is now, it went over one hundred years. It's free, God damn it.
Speaker 2: Public domain public domain.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yes, there it is the free free has nothing to do with it. Yeah, domain nice one.
Speaker 2: That's why. I guess when you go to a TGI Fridays and they bring over your brownie with a candle in it, they have to go barth day, birthday fun, fun, birthday, barthday fun.
Speaker 3: They just do their own like Mo that's Mo's and the Simpsons. That was It was so weird to find out as hardly. Yeah, yeah, that's good. That was pretty good moment.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I like impressions as much as I like.
Speaker 1: So, Eric, what have you learned being especially a primary caregiver of your now two year olds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about that.
Speaker 1: Let's hear some life lessons, things that you've learned, because that is a very difficult job, as many of us know or at least have heard about. So let's hear about some of the things you've learned by being a father.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The hardest part off the bat is just feeling bad about yourself the whole time, like just thinking, like every literally every action and every moment, oh my god, somebody would do this so much better. Somebody is like I'm and I'm and then that and then also the that's the hardest part. And then there's never like maybe this was just me. I think most regular adults probably know this already, but there isn't like a moment of like a switch I'm in on where you're like not a parent, not a parent, not a parent, and then you see the baby and then you're a parent all of a sudden, like that never happened. I I literally lost my mom. I mean it was like it was during the pandemic. I was going through all this family stuff and I was becoming a parent while like the family the family stuff was bad, and like I stopped talking to my family and was becoming a parent at the same time. So I lost my mind. I lost my mind and you know, stopped doing comedy and like stop talking to all my comedy friends. And it became like really really bad. But then it gets and then they got so good, and then they got and then it got so good and it's so uh it's really easy. It turns out to like not hit your kid or yell at your kid. So far. I thought that was gonna be hard because I got yelled at and I got hit and I was like, oh my god, am I gonna do this, and it turns out it's super fucking easy to not do that shit. Ye yeah, because that's a tiny baby.
Speaker 2: But I all of madden, your problems don't mean anything when there's all God human and.
Speaker 3: That is that is the best problem, and that's the best thing. But also is people reminding you of that all the time. It's like kind of it was like I was like, oh, do I talk? Do I complain a lot? Like am I am? I just a hot, hot mess this entire time, Like all these people came out of the wood work with uh surprise, like being surprised by how I was parenting, how easy it was mellow.
Speaker 2: Now you're you're not so quick to anger. I didn't know I was that way, But that's true.
Speaker 3: It's true, and I knew, I knew. I like anger was like a huge problem with me. It's ruined so many relationships because of my past and stuff that I've talked about it in therapy.
Speaker 2: I was kidding, no, but it's true, it's true. Never seen. You're the last person I.
Speaker 3: Know. That's the scary part. That's why it's like, because I'm a libra, it's like a two face. I'm a two face. I'm a little two face and it just like when I pop off, it pops off, because that's the way it was grown up, like you never know when it's gonna pop off, and then all of a sudden you're like, oh shit, I have to defend myself. Yeah, but with the baby is Oh my god, he's so funny and he should I tell the story of how we came up with George. Oh. Sure. So there's a hospital. There's a school a college here called I think it's Jimmy Hopkins, Jimmy Jimmy Hopkins. Is it can n Johns Johns Hopkins Hopkins. Yes. So so that's where we had the baby because Drew has the has the good insurance. And we were driving there and it was driving to the hospital and driving home from the hospital were two of the most surreal moments. Like that was especially driving home, but driving too, it was like a real there's so much clarity in my head, like I just really felt tight and but was like in a riffy but it was like riff riffy tight and I was like, oh, I wish I could do that, and I feel great.
Speaker 1: Drew being the worst audience you could possibly find me, give me none of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's she was shut. She was there was a yeah, she was not listening to me.
Speaker 5: But we pulled out next to there's a lot of Greeks in uh Baltimore, big Greek population, and there's a van that pulled up next to us right as we're pulling into the hospital.
Speaker 3: H and they said a cropolis construction. And as soon as I read that, instantly I thought in my head Rome wasn't built in a day, but the Acropolis was a cropolis construction. I was like, oh my God, Like, I gotta tell them, let's let's make a commercial, because that's just a really good commercial.
Speaker 2: You just start spray painting it on their vein.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Can I just talk to these people really faster. I'm gonna drop you off out front, and I'm just gonna.
Speaker 2: Let me just get off a foundation right now.
Speaker 3: Who is this guy? But then we got into the room and we put on the Food Network, the most comforting of all channels and the most comforting guy in the whole world. Guy Fieri was just was just ripping open a brand new Triple D. It's like, right at the beginning, right we got settled in, turned the TV on Boom Triple D starting and he goes, today we're going to the Broadway Diner in Baltimore, Maryland, which was like down the street from Jimmy's Hopkins.
Speaker 2: Where we were, and a perfect first thing for your son to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he's like the closest thing we have to a religion in this house is this guy and what he does. But we talked about nance. There's like a short short list that was like none of them had been like confirmed, you know, like and George was not on it. And so I was like, okay, so this is crazy that he's in Baltimore. Whatever this chef's name is, that he's gonna talk to you right now, we're gonna name our baby. Andrew was like okay. And then so this like sweet, big, like Greek guy named George was like the chef and this diner who basically said two words, and I was like, that's all I want my baby to be like. And and it turned out that Drew had like like had had pitched that name a while ago and I never never registered. She like always liked it, and so George it was George.
Speaker 2: That's so if if you don't mind me stealing your phrase so sick. In my hometown. There's there's a kid I remember, George Cudelaris. His family owned a crop the list euro shop. Whoa, yeah, all the more reason to name your baby George.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's perfect. That's like that's the whole world coming together and the Greeks just really really sticking to their to their ripped knowing what works for them.
Speaker 2: Did you do any research or did you just figure it out? Like did you get the doctor oz baby book with how prepared?
Speaker 3: I'm so bad with that. I feel like, well one of the main things was like I'm such a dummy, and all the all the books are written by like academics, and even the books that are like this is us like telling it to your plane. It's even those books are like written by these like doctors and like academics, and I just that ship just always is in one year out the other with me. It's really bad that I like have just been true so great, like she did all this research. We have the Mayo Clinic book, which is was a really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's probably better.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was good.
Speaker 1: Doctor, Sorry, but doctors Bok's the one that like here's the thing and I think the good part about it is that all of these things are trends, and as we all evolve as people, people learn better. So like doctor, uh, doctor sorry, that's my fault. Doctor Spock is the one who used to tell mothers when your baby's crying after you put your baby to bed, don't go pick the baby up. Let it cry itself out. And that is absolutely like these days they are like, oh, the damage that was done by those situations.
Speaker 3: Do that, do that, try that, try that and see how that works out for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just loose baby crying. It set off. It's like, oh, so sad.
Speaker 3: Doctor Spas would be a really good name, like sboz.
Speaker 1: That's your new character.
Speaker 2: Just the face divided down the middle, just.
Speaker 1: Super weird pediatrician.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, look at that. No, I just thought of something else. What is this? What baby? What we're gonna do it? Guys, we're gonna do it. Hold on, hold on, let me finish my doctor pepper uh. That it was the baby. The baby, And then like the main thing with the baby is like they can't He came out knowing a bunch of ship already. He was just like so aware and like knew that I needed help, like changing diapers. Was like he's like, oh man, I better cool it with this guy just does not seem like you knows what he's doing. I'm just gonna be really good and just let him.
Speaker 2: His little hand goes down and where to put the flap?
Speaker 3: Yeah, flat, it's just gonna got it. You got it, you got it. Just leave it alone. You got it, you got it.
Speaker 2: You've got little fingers opening a perfect safety pin putting it in. I assume you use just knocking stuff out of my hand.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. Yes, yes, from cartoons, we use cloth diapers with a giant safety pins from the cartoon you get a ship from tiny tubs.
Speaker 1: I used to have one of those. My mom kept like two of our diaper pins and I used to play with it when I was you know, like seven or eight. Those things are so like they're they're like on spring action.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you get it out of the little safety area and it flicks like, I would injured myself.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it's a huge.
Speaker 2: They still make me nervous the minute I try and operate. One man, let's get clammy and not make it easier.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how much dangerous stuff there is everywhere, and we don't like we live in a kind of old house and like the walls that went to row House, it's real Baltimore Rowhouse, and we like don't No. I just flashed into my head that people who are actually from Baltimore are going to listen to this and are going to be so mad at me because I didn't say anything like real about Baltimore. They're gonna be so many but like we can't, like we couldn't do the baby gates, and there was just a lot, like some stuff that we couldn't do because the house is so old and it's just terrifying all the time. But that's good to me, is good. It keeps me on my toes. It's good to be.
Speaker 2: Did you pad corners, padded corners, locked on?
Speaker 3: You had locked up drawers. The drawers are also very big.
Speaker 2: The switchblade drawer, the.
Speaker 3: Switch blade drawer, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, and uh, you know the poetry drawer.
Speaker 2: Keep that poetry.
Speaker 3: You will not really poetry.
Speaker 1: And you will not dance. My sister was a single mother, so she would have to like you know, she was trying to do laundry or anything. She just have to put my knees down, and so Nora started walking and talking so young because she just didn't want to be by herself in the front room. She wanted to be where my sister was, so she would pull herself down the hallway and eventually just get up and walk herself. And my sister was part partly like this is the time of her life where it should be slightly easier because I should be able to just put her somewhere, But because she's like, I'm not going to be out here by myself, so she just like would get her places, and I'm like, that's kind of genius because then like instead of a baby being like everything is done for you, it's like, hey, yeah you want to be back here, then you got to get up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that's so sick.
Speaker 2: Light upstairs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get up there, get up here, come on, get down there. That's what potrait is going to be like, right, because I was just going to be like just just sit sit down over here, sit down over.
Speaker 1: There, let it out, Yeah, take care of it over there in that other room.
Speaker 3: It's scary all that stuff is coming, but it's it's fun stuff. It's fun stuff. The pooping is going to be fun. Right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, once it gets solid and smelly, you're gonna love it. Yeah, you're gonna is George talking and all yet probably not or yeah.
Speaker 3: He says a lot of words. He's starting to like put words together.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and verbs. He says no really well no no no, no, no, no, no no, that's his thing. No, no, no, stop it. He like really hits. He hits key's really hard, like he'll stay stop it, stop it, daddy. Yeah, he tells me to stop it all the time because he's like, I'm like his like day to day parent. He gets so stick of me, and you know, by the time Drew gets home, it's like, oh, dude, just leave me alone. Honestly, you go take a ship. Why don't you go take a ship and smoke and it smokes some weed. Please and come back and get out of here and get it out of here. He says a lot of words.
Speaker 2: Has he ever hurt your feelings? Has he ever said all the time, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Well, I mean just just that whole the whole thing of like I'm him every day and that moment of like when Drue walks in the door, I don't exist that's really real and it hurts him every time. But then it's also so funny because it just like he'll just give me like one kernel of love and it's like it never happened. I'm living.
Speaker 2: Like, wait until the rolls when he's fifteen and you're cool as shit.
Speaker 3: Oh you just wait, he's gonna be She's like in the trucks and cars, which is not something I'm really into, but that stuff is I'm getting into. I'm like, no, I'm a sports music, you know, dance guy. Uh, poetry. But he's like a huge gearhead. He's always trying to fix stuff. Uh. He'll grab stuff out of your hand and he'll like get to the bottom of it. He's always trying to get to the bottom of stuff. That's great, Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: On his head, he talks.
Speaker 3: He did the other day actually, because there's a big warehouse by the park that we go to and they over there. We went over there. You know. He goes like he doesn't want to do anything, but he just trucks, trucks, trucks, and he does this thing where he just repeats trucks, truck, truck, truck, and then you're like, okay, so we go over there and they're like huge mac trucks and he just like gets in the wheels. He's so tiny, so the wheels like twice the size of them, and he'll just like climb in there with his hands and he had grease Oliver his hands like a tiny mechanic. Yeah, he's just yeah, he gets on the back. He has like a little he has one of those dollies on wheels.
Speaker 1: He gets an that God, that would be you should give that to him for Christmas.
Speaker 3: That's a really good idea. That's a really good itea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be the greatest.
Speaker 3: He likes that. I think this year his birthdays next month, and I think a toy vacuum cleaner is going to be the move because it's like, oh yeah, he loves the vacuum. He's terrified of it, but he's also intrigued by it, and so he always talked about it. So the vacuum is going to be the move.
Speaker 2: That's I just mentioned. Yes, he's a but yeah, I have a cousin who was so in vacuums as a kid, and he wanted a vacuum for Christmas when he's like five, and he got it and he took it apart, put it back together into this. He is now a guy that owns a vacuum store. Really, it's just he knew it's Yes, I'm not none of that as a joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe like vacuums because they they do immediate results. There's a loud engine, yeah, and they shut off really quickly once you're like, once you're done with it, you're done with it. I never I'm a kid that hated vacuums because it meant no more partying between the hours of three and five. My parents are home and my mom's going to vacuum outside my door and slam the door with the vacuum. And I've always to this day my place is filthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah good good Mine too, Mine too, just for that same reason and only that reason, because I vacuum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, wonder, I wonder there's smudges on your baby's head.
Speaker 3: There's oh, just so darty. Oh and then bad time and he has like this huge mop of curly hair. So my favorite line. I have two lines that are my favorite lines. When people are like, oh my god, his hair is amazing and it's so curly, it's so I say, yeah, it takes a lot of time in the mornings, but it's worth it. That's usually their action too, there's a pause, there's.
Speaker 2: A solid it's great. Yeah, about a while to actually visualize your baby in a tiny robe with curlers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm if they usually have to take me in like, what is this dude doing with this baby? Why is he not dancing with this baby?
Speaker 1: I bet you're the best dad, though, Eric, because you are a good at improv. B you have a Juan de Vive and you have a I was just describing you earlier because I was on a me with Danielle Kramer. Yeah, I probably remember from Meltdown, and she was like, I love I saw his name and I love him so much, and we were talking about I was describing the character you played once when I did someone's talk show Travis Travis. Yes, and you were you just played a like a teenager that was just hanging around on the show for no reason, right, and it was so funny and so ridiculous, and you did it perfectly the entire time. I just kept going like, oh, he's still doing it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're so You're so fun to play with, you know, in theater, in that way. And also that was that was the most fun. And that was just like a dude that I grew up with and like so cal to the to the end, so so cow that his name is Travis, his last name is Travis, and his first name is Travis.
Speaker 1: That's like perfection. I just yeah, it's only good news for that baby. You have to know that job inside.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did. He does. Like I said, I'd lost my mind so uh and like a part of that was like not doing comedy and stuff and like going like what, Okay, I guess I'll be a plumber now I don't know what to do. I wasn't even doing comedy that well, Like I mean the business I went that well, but like, uh, he does make me feel like the best version of myself and the version of my stuff that I like miss, you know, because they're like because I started. When you do therapy, you like excavate, excavate. He loves excavators. He loves diggers. Oh my god, he loves diggers. You dig up a lot of shit. And I was like digging up all the ship while the baby was on the way. And then he yeah, it's just it was good in that way where I was like, I feel like myself like I did in high school, or like when I like because I don't like myself that much most of the time, or I don't feel like I have a strong sense of soul. And there's nothing like that kid to fucking really make you feel solid about yourself. So yeah, it is the best. So I guess it's good. Yeah, I like you. I like you too.
Speaker 2: I remember you I at meltdown. I'm you did. I always do this. I'd tell someone's jokes to them, but it's one of my favorite things to do. So here we go. You were talking about wanting to get at to pay a blonde to pay of just a few two fingers, wispy hairs, just a careless whisper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, called it a careless whisper. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I know you were improvising and having light hazel contacts, just describing all the ways you wanted to modify your body because and the audience was so with you, and it was so weird, and you were in full control and you knew who you were, but you weren't. It's all prov It was just great, great.
Speaker 3: Can I just I'm not saying this because you were just like it. No, you did it perfect, Okay you but you the first time I saw you was like seeing like I was like, oh fuck, you could just do that, Like I remember it was like really early on. I think it was like and I was like trying to write jokes and it really wasn't working for me because it was like not really my thing, Like I'm not like a joke writer writer. I love being on stage and I love getting to some place with a with a group of people. And that's what you were doing, and you were so locked in and I couldn't tell I for you if they were jokes or improv which like that is that's a joke that I always do, the two paved peece. Oh is it ye?
Speaker 2: That you pulled the trick that I've been pulling my whole life because.
Speaker 3: I because I stole that from you. I stole that.
Speaker 2: No, I saw other people do it my first time, seeing like Jimmy Pardo, I saw ye, oh my god.
Speaker 3: He's so good at that.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 3: Some people, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like they're almost disappointed when not other comics though, when they find out, Oh he says that every time, I thought that was really good improv. Yeah, it was at one point and it got to laugh, So you do it again. But the first time you talked about Golden Careless whispered tiny blonde tupe, that was probably just you know, talking on stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't remember where. I'm sure it was like it was just because I don't really remember. Sometimes I don't record because I can't. I can't stay the sun of my own voice. But but I do like and Rory's really good at it, Like you and Rory were like. I was like, Oh, you could just do that. That sounds like that looks like so much more fun than try that to write a punchline, which I can't do if you had to, which I did have to and I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you also had it where during the weekdays, your name is spelled er, I see, but come weekend it's E R i Q weekend Derek Baby.
Speaker 3: I didn't look at weekend because here I come that song. Oh look at weekend because here I come. Second.
Speaker 1: No, I've talked about this.
Speaker 3: Sorry we'll bleep it.
Speaker 2: And people are like, why did he just.
Speaker 3: Sware so much? He really let loose, He really wet.
Speaker 2: That was a long beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there anything you want our audience to watch that you've done, or to watch in general, like a documentary or anything at all that you want to like button this conversation.
Speaker 3: With, well, we're okay, this is great. So because we're talking, we're talking about sports, right, and like the thirty for thirties and I think the best sports documentary thing even for even if you honestly truly if you don't like sports. I think it's just interesting on a human level. Is the Last Dance about Michael Michael Jordan and the Bulls, Like he's just an interesting He's such an interesting human being outside of sports, Like I can't believe we're all the same like humans, because he is just like such Aul. Yeah, like just such a focused, interesting, incredible person. To watch The Last Dan some Netflix. I had nothing to do.
Speaker 2: They don't they don't pay him to be likable all that time. Either he's like no, he's not, and he's open about it.
Speaker 3: And then like and just the personalities on it, like Phil Jackson is this like shaman dude, and like Steve Kerr. The Steve Kerr part is like, h really interesting because he his family the curves are like really big into uh, saving people during the Armenian genocide and they yeah, they opened up this orphanage in Beirut and they saved over ten thousand Armenian babies during the genocide. But it's incredible. Yeah, totally. And so I was born in Bearroot, yeah, and I'm Armenian eleven one right, yeah, yeah, Okay, God, thank God.
Speaker 2: Have you been back there ever?
Speaker 3: Have you? No?
Speaker 2: No, it's kind of a hard place to.
Speaker 3: I've been to Dubai. Yeah, I really really want to. I want to go to Beirut in Palestine. And then for me myself, I have an album. It's okay, it's okay. It's called Nebraska Tuo. Wait, what's it called Nebraska Too. It's a spiritual sequel to Bruce Bristeen's Nebraska because because if you if you listen to that album Nebraska, it's all about New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to. I wanted to record an album in Nebraska called Nebraska Too. And it's on uh Special.
Speaker 1: Thing, Special Thing Records, Apple, Apple.
Speaker 3: Anywhere, Yeah, Spotify Apple and you're still listened.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is it a an album or as special?
Speaker 3: Like? Is it it's an album? It's album? I want to do specials.
Speaker 2: I don't listen to and listen to his thirty for thirty about Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen to Nebraska Too, not the Bruce Bengstein.
Speaker 3: Right, you can do it. You could do it after maybe well you could.
Speaker 1: Do it before or after a reflection. But Eric de Duran's Nebraska Too is what you're looking for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, it was great talking to you. Oh my god, no U without knowing that you're a great father. And uh, it'd be nice if you visited your hometown.
Speaker 3: I know, I can't believe. It's so weird that George has never been to California. Like ruins, my fucking ruins.
Speaker 1: You'll come, yea. But you should know you are one of the people, and lots of people have moved away. By the way, it's not you know totally. You don't feel isolated by that, and also know of all the people who have I would say easily and hands down, you're the number one missed person in the LA comedy community.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: You're truly special, hell hilarious individual who is always a just You're insanely talented, You're hilariously funny, great on Twitter. I don't know if you're on there as much as.
Speaker 3: It was ruining. It was ruining my brain. I was like, really, it put me in a bad mood every day.
Speaker 1: It's pretty bad. But you were great on it, and just you're just a superior individual that I was genuinely elated to see your name on the email. I just love seeing you. You're one of my favorite people.
Speaker 2: You are and all these other people that left ninety stay out, that's what we say. But we're coming to night when we're alone, stay out. Except for Eric, We've said.
Speaker 3: Sneaking, sneaking. I'm a great me in schedule. Oh my god, you guys are so nice to me. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I love you, of course, we love you. Yeah, and I go check on your baby before you climbs under.
Speaker 3: That's also my favorite joke. Oh, Drew loves it. People love that. Yeah, they love so good.
Speaker 2: Oh it's everyone's favorite humor. Uh, you've been listening to Do You Need a Ride? D Y N A R. This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: Produced by Annalise Nelson.
Speaker 2: Mixed by Edson Chroi.
Speaker 1: Our talent booker is Patrick Coottner.
Speaker 2: Theme song by Karen Kilgarriff.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks. Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y n ar podcast.
Speaker 2: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Oh, you're welcome.