Speaker 1: I do that every fucking breaks, just like Jesus Christ. Stop it. But I can't stop myself. I can't stop myself.
Speaker 2: No, I don't, I don't, I don't. I don't care. I'd be annoyed. Well, that's something for you to work out, honey.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got a lot to work.
Speaker 2: Honey. It's not coming from me.
Speaker 3: You just got honeyed. He's not coming from me, Babe, sweetie, you just got, babe, you just got sweetie.
Speaker 2: I have therapy, Babe. I still got my post therapy glow.
Speaker 1: Babe, Babe, you are fucking glowing.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's babed you so much you must feel really bad about yourself.
Speaker 2: Babe, you stop babing me. Motherfucker.
Speaker 1: When somebody gives me good psychological advice, I'm so mad because they've defeated me at that time.
Speaker 2: Don't give me usable advice. What do you think you're better than me? No better than me now pissing me off so much? Why the fuck did you give me that shread of self awareness? Why therapy doesn't work for me? Okay? Do you think I didn't know that that would be? But every time I think I didn't fucking know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Wait, do you think I didn't know that?
Speaker 2: It sounds like you have trouble like expressing boundaries. You think I didn't fucking know that knew the worst person in the Jesus Christ, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three ninety one, Episode three of der Nally's Guys.
Speaker 1: Production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into American shared consciousness. Season three ninety one, Episode three. How many episodes then, are we miles?
Speaker 2: What do you mean in total total? Like one thousands? All I know is Mark Maren can eat Mark can eat my ass? Quidding? Sorry, bro, you aren't even fucking close. I don't compare the downloads. That's not relevant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, forget about that. Don't don't compare the he was like and I think we just did good work. Don't compare the good work. Don't compare the good works ratedness versus the second ratedness.
Speaker 2: Just look straight at the data.
Speaker 1: The bitch, God, damn, damn, and seventy four episodes, according to many. Many are saying we've had one thousand, eight hundred and seventy four episodes, which is at least as many as Mark Marin has had.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know. Amazing. Did you actually know January first, eighteen seventy four, the New York City annexed the Bronx. I'm just I just looked up the historical facts about eighteen seventy four in the US. Well, hey, the Philly Zoo opens, the first public zoo in the US.
Speaker 3: Guys, this is finally a fact I can use.
Speaker 1: Guys, kise Man, we were just talking about how cool zoos are. Yeah, when zoo, you know they have these like enture libraries and neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: I think we should open miniature zoo's exactly. I think everybody should have.
Speaker 1: A little zoo in their front yard.
Speaker 2: And we're in the thick of reconstruction to an eighteen seventy four thick and I did.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien aka Free Your Mind. Whang you're at Del Taco, the color blind hot Sauce might be yellow. That one courtesy of Christy Almagucci Mane, in reference to my complaints about the design of the Del Taco Hot Sauce packets. The coloring Sophia who I have not.
Speaker 2: Weeks this might be. I tell you if I tell you that they are hot.
Speaker 1: There are hot sauce packets of increasing heat that are colored red, orange, black? What order would you place those on?
Speaker 3: Orange?
Speaker 2: Red, blast?
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, that is a correct answer. Wrong, incorrect, I'm sorry, back in the middle for no reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe, back in the middle, in the silver wool.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, black in the middle, back in the middle, like fucking yeah, it has to be on either end. Are we serious?
Speaker 1: Can't be Yeah? Miles suggested that it's they're they're going to the charred habernaro.
Speaker 3: Why are they gas fishing us right now?
Speaker 1: There's totally.
Speaker 3: Catlighting us, and.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: Bull uh Thrilled to be joined as always, buy my co hosts, mister.
Speaker 2: Miles this part show. Oh yeah, it's me a k A. I was suting else to wipe my butt with fake charmon, don't rub me, right, babe, baby.
Speaker 3: I was souting else, I'm not wiping with great bye on my.
Speaker 2: Shut out snark youla. Yeah, I'm still used. Look, I received a bunch of cheap ass toilet paper when the house burned down. People like you need toilet paper. Someone dropped off a military grade toilet paper, and that it's so thin. I don't know it's violence, and I've been balling it up and.
Speaker 3: It's really fucked up, like they don't know the trauma, like, for example, like my friend's house burned down.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, you're so hard on us, and it's our coast, so hard, our coast house burnt down.
Speaker 2: I'm actually fucking sandwiched by the two people that regularly the hardest co opt my tragedy.
Speaker 3: That's very sensitive one like this happened to like my friend's house burned down.
Speaker 2: It's me that boy.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, so you more than anyone should know what I'm going through.
Speaker 2: That is helpful.
Speaker 1: And to know that when you've been saying you're bawling out of control for the past couple of weeks, you're just balling, you're referencing, you're you're wiping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just like wrapping it around my fists like fucking John Coodandamn, it is control.
Speaker 1: At this point, we need help, Miles. We're thrilled to be joined by one of our very favorite guests, the talented writer and stand up comedian who co hosts The Great Ninety Day Fiance podcast. For twenty Day Fiance Ship with some Guy named Miles. Great, that's so weird.
Speaker 2: That is so weird. There's no way there's another.
Speaker 3: What are the chances, dude?
Speaker 2: This is fucking me up. Dude, first the fire, now that other people, with my very simple word, very name, it.
Speaker 1: Is the hilarious, the talented Sophia Alexandra.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy to be here. I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, they love you. And how are you doing with everything going on with your friend's house running down?
Speaker 3: Actually been really hard on me. Yeah much, your brave, your brain, Yeah, I really am. It's like a lot of people probably have like pieced out by now, because like, wow, that's a lot of trauma to happen to someone I know so much.
Speaker 1: Trauma just dropped off huge palettes of uncomfortable toilet paper, and we're like, my job here is done. Yeah, cracking knuckles, Yeah all right. That it was such a great example of somebody's like just bad intentions poorly or like good intentions poorly executed, just being like you're actually hurting more than you're helping.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's literally the can drive of experiences, right, because it's like no one wants the fucking expired cans you're bringing Okay, no one wants that shit. Yeah, do you bring the stuff you would want to eat? Okay, not like fucking green beans from like eighteen seventy two.
Speaker 2: I gotta no one wants that. I got a whole case of novelty Trump toilet paper from the first administration too. So it's like, you're gonna love this, man.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I think it's pretty fun. Well, Sophia, we're thrilled to have you. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the people a couple of things we're talking about. We're going to talk about how Donald Trump gots to have a burner phone. He's just constantly on the phone. He his phone time is out of control. You guys, we need to talk about Donald's phone time. It is out of control and nobody's stopping him, and he's just getting calls from anyone. His number is out there. We can call the president.
Speaker 2: I'm just have one question.
Speaker 3: What about the emails though.
Speaker 2: We'll get there.
Speaker 3: We'll get okay, just.
Speaker 2: Thank you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you know how to use the internet, you can call the president and uh, he will say who's calling who's that. Literally he answers the phone, who's calling?
Speaker 3: And he answer. I think he's like, who's calling?
Speaker 2: It feels it feels like it's I like to think of him as like a little boy who would always race to the phone and like, I've got it. Who's calling?
Speaker 3: It's for you, daddy. It's his favorite thing next to pushing the elevator button.
Speaker 1: We let him push the elevator button and do phone pretty close. Very few temper tantrums. Anyways, we'll talk about that, We'll talk about how bloomers are getting the high again generally, how things are going for the Trump administration, and we're going to talk about the new FEMA head who just seems like.
Speaker 3: With hurricanes though it's like a myth, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well what.
Speaker 2: A joke he he is.
Speaker 1: I think he did know what it was, but he just is one of those people who doesn't know, like is just trying to make a joke. For him, is like trying to speak in a foreign language. He's just like trying to vibe out like like we were talking about, you know, And so he did a he did a joke by being like I said a thing that wasn't true, And that's the best case scenario. But it's because he's he's actually an artist at heart. Why are they all fucking failed painters? Damned painters?
Speaker 3: Can I say that if we didn't learn that lesson with Hitler? Like I don't know when we're going to learn it or never, Like if it's a failed painter, like put them to the side, they can run.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, George Bush, you killed like a million people? What about you? Also? Failed painter? People are gonna be like folks, They're going to be like, oh, isn't that quaint?
Speaker 1: After the fact, Yeah, he kind of got the bug after killing the millions of people. He was like, what are you who killed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You in some type of mood where you're like maybe my dog now, Yeah, that's gonna cap off this reign of terror.
Speaker 2: I just I just sick with an iPad coloring book, you know, because that's your point.
Speaker 1: I think you know what you are suggesting that art school applications like people who get in get in, and people who don't get in are just like sent to a pit somewhere. I think that's a good suggestion that we should take seriously. I'm glad you suggested it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really glad that I said pit.
Speaker 1: First, to a pit, to a pit somewhere.
Speaker 3: That is so specific.
Speaker 1: Jack Dark Knight rises.
Speaker 2: But before we get to anything, you remember.
Speaker 3: What happens after the pit. Right, that's not a good plan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that is true. He comes out as Bane.
Speaker 3: Right, you can't do that. Then you're creating a bunch of schools.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Bane got born in the pit.
Speaker 2: He was born.
Speaker 1: That is no way a metaphor. It's just he's like, I was literally born in that pit, Bros. Like I was born there.
Speaker 3: I've literally never seen sunlight. This is not a metaphor.
Speaker 2: This is a Christopher Nolan movie.
Speaker 1: There's no metaphors. I was born in the literal darkness that you're referring to.
Speaker 2: I should really wear a hat or sunscream. My skin is not used to the sun is really burning.
Speaker 3: I wish I had sunglasses. I'm crying right now.
Speaker 1: Before we get to any of it, Sophia, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I look this up because my local bookstore was selling this like special collection of these of this music, and I was like, this is so interesting because I don't know who this is, so I looked it up. I'm gonna butcher the name because I'm not friends yet, but it's Les Realise Dnu Day, and it is the fuzz Feedback and Folklore Basically. The article I read on NPR was called the fuzz Feedback and Folklore of Japanese psych rockers Les real Oh.
Speaker 2: They're like the Japanese band with their friend's name.
Speaker 3: I've heard of them, yes, and I guess their whole thing is they tried to record an album one time and they like hated it, and so from then on they were like, we're just gonna like not do studio shit. It'll just be live shit. So all of their stuff is just live performances, and a bunch of it has been like bootlegged and put together are whatever. So it's just kind of fascinating. And I didn't know anything about them, so I looked them up.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, shit, so all live it's just all live recordings, all live albums.
Speaker 3: M hmm.
Speaker 1: That's kind of an interesting way to go about things.
Speaker 3: I've never heard or thought of that idea. It's like they were just like, yeah, that's not for us. I'm like, you know yourself, how did you do that?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm like if all of us had that kind of fucking self realization where I'm like, there would be like at least seventy percent fewer comedians, you know, like all this live shit is not for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not for me.
Speaker 1: I got to keep trying. Mark Marin told me I have to keep trying. I need to get my ten thousand hours of stand up in and then I'll magically be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wasn't good though.
Speaker 3: It was not funny ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a reverse the Beatles. The Beatles were a studio only, you know, reverse miles in me. Yeah as of late oh late career studio only.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, my local bookstore, Skylight Books, and if you become a friend of the store, you get like twenty percent off, so instead of ordering shit from Amazon, you could order it from them.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: The ship you have to do to become a friend of the Skylight Bookstore fucking dirty.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to tell your bodies.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to tell you what friends forever, which is the status that have cost me? I can't.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to be friends forever?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: We got another one.
Speaker 3: I can't even tell you what happened, but I'm just gonna like say that.
Speaker 2: It's like see orgish, right, It's like close your eyes and put your hand out. Okay, wait, is this a gun? Yep? And there's fourteen bodies on it. And now you're in the club. Guess what. We're friends, friends.
Speaker 1: Forever, friends forever.
Speaker 3: And they put a little sticker on your cheek.
Speaker 1: They're like, it's a tattoo. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Okay? Taking classes as an adult without necessarily pursuing a degree. I think that like learning is really dope. And I am a nerd at heart, and I love a structured environment where I have a teacher and like classmates. And so I've been taking writing classes on Zoom and because I decided to design kind of my own mini MFA program. So I just found like on different websites like writing workshops and through like writers, I follow when they teach, and I kind of have been taking classes and it feels really great. And I keep announcing that I'm going to class to no one all the time. I'll worry about going to class.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 3: I'm going to class and I like will like my I'm a backpack, but I'm just walking to my office to be on zoom.
Speaker 2: I really like it.
Speaker 3: And I like having classmates, and I like having group like chats with your new classmates, and I like learning about people lives and I like learning new skills. And I think that if you have been on the fence about taking a class, you should absolutely do it. Community community college, zoom whatever. I mean, what a joy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I remember in like the height of lockdowns, a lot of places were just offering full courses like in video form that you could just like just mess around with and just see if if you want to take a lecture at have it or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Just having to two and a half hours a week where I like em in class and I have to pay attention to other people's like work and be really detailed and just learned stuff. It does something really good for you.
Speaker 2: I never thought them. Yeah, I never thought about recording for twenty day fiance like that, but yeah, Tom, just being open minded, seeing people through other people's eyes, really taking detailed notes then sharing them with your class. Yes, exactly. I in a way, I'm also taking m FA courses.
Speaker 3: We're all doing it.
Speaker 1: That's such a good idea. How did you like what was the first step you took to like start taking classes? Because I feel like I would.
Speaker 2: Like to do this and just have not.
Speaker 3: So Chloe Caldwell, who's one of my favorite writers and now a good friend, I follow her on Instagram and she was posting, Hey, I'm starting this class. This is the name of it, this is you know, how many days, this is the cost. And then I emailed her and I was like, Okay, I want to take that class. And then that kind of got me rolling. And I've done like workshops too, which are just like a week or a weekend or something if I can't commit to, like, you know, a six week class. So yeah, that's how I started. And then once you kind of are, you know, in the world of it, it's so much easier to find other stuff. And I highly recommend writing workshops dot com. I do not work for them. I just like writing workshops nice. So anyway, do it, anyways, do it?
Speaker 5: Do it?
Speaker 1: I will. What's what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Dressing your age quote unquote, And I say that because there's a lot of people that will say that kind of shit, But then also other people will be like, I thought you were way younger than you are. So I'm like, if I gave a fuck about what anybody thought, I would have like a much sadder life. And I just want to say that there is no dressing your age quote unquote. Everyone you think is hot is hot, and they're like way and it's like period. Yeah, so it's all about like how swaggy you feel and what you're doing. No one can be like, well, a skirt has to be above below your knees because you're over forty or whatever the fuck, Like, do not listen to that garbage. You can have like pink barets in your hair. It does not matter how fucking old you are, Like, people need to settle down with that.
Speaker 2: When people say that, they're telling on themselves that they have absolutely no swag, real thank you, no personality. No they've not. They don't know how to represent their.
Speaker 3: Beat broken ass coffee maker, no drip.
Speaker 1: Wow. You should say that to them the next time they.
Speaker 3: Say it, and they're like, no, no one would ever say it to me.
Speaker 2: No one would, dare no one would.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't give off like I accept constructive criticism from strangers or I guess non constructive.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'll get hostile if I need to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just where the ship that makes you feel good uncomfortable and that's.
Speaker 1: It mm hmm, because I have been I've been toying with this look that's like a hat with a spinnything on it and a big lollipop, and Miles.
Speaker 3: Has been like, like, it's not it's not ideal.
Speaker 2: It's not like perfect dress your age. I just said, it's infantilizing. Yeah, yeah, I mean literally lined with that. If that's your vibe, Like, if that's the vibe you put out, then go ahead.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: If you're feeling like baby jack, fucking baby Jack.
Speaker 2: It baby Jack cool. Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know why everybody has to say it's baby stuff or my catchphrase wowie zowie is uh my favorite short, and one of this is just my favorite short.
Speaker 3: Get one of the zigang Please draw Jack wearing a spinny beanie and draw I do it. No A, I regularly to do it.
Speaker 2: I mean me as good as or bad as you need it to be.
Speaker 3: Just don't let me figure. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 1: I think good advice, great underrated, great overrated. We're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about the news.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 2: You know, just thinking when I when I choked out that guy for walking out of Anger Management, that was a literal oh you think I said, oh, you're a tough guy. Huh. In my mind it was, oh, so you're better than me. You think you're better than me. That was a subtext there.
Speaker 1: And just the thing that never doesn't make sense about that anecdote is you hadn't seen anger management. I understand that narrative as like an expression of like you are, you know, selfish, need to like have your taste validated, but you hadn't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the idea of someone disrespect to me, like I'm off this and were you a Sandman fan? Like is that where you just like he's better than I was such a teenage mess, dude, It fucking my brain was so fucked up from like puberty, not knowing myself, like ambient racism, my parents splitting up.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, ambient racism. Yeah, there a headlining coach.
Speaker 2: I know it's your favorite band, I know, so what it's on my leg style So what.
Speaker 1: Ambient racism tattooed around my gun woo.
Speaker 2: It's really hard to.
Speaker 3: Fit it around my belly button, like it was really fucking hard.
Speaker 1: Like it's a lot of so tiny.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of fucking letters. People can't tell what it it hurts. It just looks like I did a black arc. It's like I'm messed up a rainbow. That's what it looks like. But it says ambient racism if you look closely.
Speaker 1: But the bottom stretch the letters way out because I have a fucking huge belly. But the thing is dinner plate down there.
Speaker 3: Cavernous.
Speaker 1: And the dinner plate navel cavernous bb.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, I've seen you get ramen out of.
Speaker 2: It is just the just the right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're on your back.
Speaker 2: You just sit there right there?
Speaker 3: Why dirty a plate?
Speaker 2: College college girlfriend got alcohol poisoning from doing a body shot for the belly too much, bab Keep going, I just did seven big gulps. Keep going way there.
Speaker 3: I remember when you almost died because he used it as a measuring comfort Nike.
Speaker 1: Well, I just saw a picture of a woodpecker's tongue that it like wraps all the way around their brain. To to protect their brain from.
Speaker 3: The from the trauma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the repeated cte that they're giving themselves but self care woodpeckers, That's all I'm saying. But that's how my belly button is. Is just like a series of like caverns that like twists and turns inside my body.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes I know when Miles on vacation, he's splunking down there.
Speaker 2: That's I love that he says he's an Italy.
Speaker 3: But we all know the truth.
Speaker 2: People don't know. Yeah, they're like, oh my god, if people only knew what I was actually up to down there. I mean, guys, Jack's oh never mind, but.
Speaker 1: I can't even begin to it.
Speaker 2: There's a place down south that has the echoes of the gods ringing through it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, this episode is completely off the rails which were trying to talk about. We were talking about Trump got Burner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got Burner.
Speaker 1: There was an Atlantic article back in April where they were like, we scheduled an interview with Trump like for weeks, did like this the thing you always do where you like send it to the administration. They like, clear you everything had gone according to plan, and then somebody within the administration was like that they're not nice to you, and so he like started tweeting about how they were mean, like they's never written a fair article about me, and it was unceremoniously canceled, and so they they pivoted and just called his ass because you can like find his phone number on the internet.
Speaker 2: Hot, wait, hold on, what does that mean the art I didn't read the article. How did they find his phone? And how come we don't have this fucking.
Speaker 1: So they were pretty opaque about that. They said that, like we'll just say the White House staff has not been super but good about keeping the phone number out of people.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: They just so delicious when you're like, I'm gonna drain the swamp, but just put all incompetence in charge.
Speaker 1: Exactly who's calling the President of the United States asked according to the magazine, and then they just did a like hours long conversation with him and this is a parent which that that was the thing that stuck out to me. I was like, wow, the fuck does like he he just spent hours to these people, like after they called him unplanned, unprovoked the president of the United States, he was just like at his golf club. I was like, yeah, I know who you are. You're not very fair to me. But then just like they were like gave him a chance to brag about himself, and he couldn't resist.
Speaker 2: Let's start from the beginning.
Speaker 3: I dont to know that the American president does not have anything to do at all. Exactly, He's like, I could not have any problems that I could think of to solve. I'm just gonna go ahead and take this stranger's call for two.
Speaker 2: Also should be that that detail alone should actually be the most frightening thing for American people, because yeah, that it's all these other fucking pieces of shit that are doing all the day to day decision making. That's also a thing that came out on that Joe Biden book that people don't really talk about, was this moment where the whole immigration like Biden didn't know what to do about immigration because he had no way to like he was bad at mediating the internal fights within the administration. Harris, Yeah, so there was nothing happening, and they're like what else, So what else was happening? Like that, He's like, I don't know, I don't know. You guys handle it, And here we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it sounds similar. I remember the Obama like BlackBerry thing, but I didn't realize like he was adamant. He was like, I'm keeping my BlackBerry. They were like, you can't. And so he worked with the NSA to create a BlackBerry that like didn't have various like it like you couldn't forward an email that he sent you, and only like eight people had access to it. It was very much like fun, just give him a fucking toy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right right.
Speaker 3: Well, but they were like, we're gonna encrypt the shit out of this. Yeah, so your phone is not just like completely vulnerable and available for like the easiest of hacking. Yeah, and so he eventually Trump went to the seven eleven.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: No, Trump has been less persuadable by reason. From the article, so the Atlantic was just like, so, let's do a deeper dive into this secret cell phone that we were able to use to call him. From the article, it says advisors tried to break his habit, but Trump either didn't understand or didn't care. In Trump's second term, his advisors have given up trying to restrict his phone use. He calls people non stop. Trump's campaign advisor Chris Leacevita said in an interview with Politico during the Republican National Convention last year. I don't worry about it, because what are you gonna do? Take his phone, change his phone number, tell him he can't make phone calls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, exactly correct.
Speaker 1: It just sounds like people who you know, are like scared of their kid being like, I don't know what am I going to do? Take away his phone? Trump Trump went. When people were like, this is the major security risk, he'd say, it's not true. My phone is the best on the market, the market. It was just like an iPhone that he has, be like, I paid the most for the iPhone that ain't even a pro, that's the regular iPhone. The best time that micro Why is your screen crash?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Damn tell what your thumbs are all cut up as shit? I like to swipe to text. Does a hell of a job on my fingertips.
Speaker 1: The first time Trump's team truly understood also from this article about the history of his private line, first time they understood he would have a different relationship with his cell phone than did president's past was Election night twenty sixteen, the eve of his improbable victory. He was answering every phone call. The outside advisor marveled to us nearly a decade later, noting that none of the numbers was in Trump's contacts. He just answers the phone. He doesn't want to miss phone calls. He's just stray numbers that aren't contacts. He's and like, there's an anecdote in there where the Dilbert guy is like, I just got a random phone call from Florida and he called me left a voicemaih.
Speaker 2: Did that guy die? He's I think on his term cancer.
Speaker 1: He has the same thing Biden has, and oh really think that's why Trump was calling him Actually was to be like, hey, anything.
Speaker 2: I can do for you.
Speaker 1: But then like he like called it. He's like, I can't believe that shit just happened. That's a Trump voicemail. Now, like two hours Trump called him back. He was like, wait, aren't you like busy? But yeah, yeah, no, no, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 2: Why you busy? Do you call you back? I'll call you back like an hour.
Speaker 1: He's just spending his whole day talking on the phone like a fucking teenage girl. In nineteen ninety two. Yeah, like that's what he does.
Speaker 2: One of the numbers he's calling the Corey hotline.
Speaker 3: I don't think that you should drag teenage girls into this.
Speaker 1: Because they were I mean, they were doing important working on their phones.
Speaker 3: It's very it's very fun to imagine that he's so not to imagine, but to know that he's so insecure it so badly needs attention all of the time that he picks up exactly stranger's phone calls. Like I bet you if like you called him, like old school nineties style to change his long distance service, I bet you he would be on the phone with you for like ten days.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, he's just like an unscheduled call that lasts over five minutes is a shocking luxury for all, but the most retired person likes an unscheduled call from somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so good to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, middle of the day on a work day, and he's just sitting there for hours, just being like, yeah, what's good. Yeah, no, I know you're mean to me. Usually in print. Here here's some cool stuff I'm up to.
Speaker 2: Oh me nothing right now, I'm just hanging out.
Speaker 3: Also, I love that he didn't actually know that that person had been mean to him. Someone had to like inform him, Yeah, you know what I mean, Like that's so funny. Someone's like, oh, actually, you're supposed to not like this person.
Speaker 2: And even then it doesn't matter to him because as long as in the moment you're in his face and you're not talking cash ship to his face, he's like, and I love this person giving me attention right now and asking me a question.
Speaker 1: There's almost no there's like so many pictures of him on his phone in this article, like which he's just like constantly on his phone or like texting someone, or there's almost no chance that he's not talking to like crypto scammers.
Speaker 2: He looks like such a dickhead on these like in these pictures, like he's like hello, like doing the like I'm kind of like, I'm a little bit far sighted, so I got to really put my phone far to start typing some shit.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, big dumb smile.
Speaker 2: I think if hey, look y'all, if any of y'all can figure out how to get this number, please let us know. Yeah, please let us know. I'm I could do it. I don't know who I'll do an impression of but I will try and talk to him and get him to believe he's talking to somebody else.
Speaker 1: Australia. I just have to learn the Australian president's name. But you gotta Australia.
Speaker 2: President Trumpet's me President Australia. Things down under.
Speaker 3: My name is Melbourne, Australia.
Speaker 2: I'm the President. I can't do the dundee. Oh good to see. It's good to hear from you. Crocodile.
Speaker 1: Always been a big fan of your work. Yeah, like truly the scam, the you know, gen z prank phone call artists of TikTok and YouTube or falling down at the job that they haven't been able.
Speaker 2: To get like we need to get like yeah, like like somewhat like James Adomian to put out his elon musk and talk to him for like seventy five hours and just get some weird ship out of him.
Speaker 3: I would just pretend to be his daughter and have a phone sex with him, oh gosh, And then I would record it and release that, yeah.
Speaker 2: And people would be not shocked.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, hey, dad, it's a vanka hold on about the way. You're ready, You're ready roddy, you're ready rotting, skin falls off your face and to really hot.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could. You can just say you're some random You're like, I'm a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and I think you're swell. Go on, yes, send me a picture of you right now.
Speaker 3: You just Google and send and'll it'll be the easiest.
Speaker 2: He got Getty images watermarks all over it.
Speaker 1: He's like, exactly, body is sliding off your skeleton like slow roasted pork. So what I'm saying, I just do it in my voice, like go on, go on, Oh baby wants to fuck me? It sounds like maybe you would. That meat is loosen and pulled pork. Yeah, I feel I feel like a dumb prank phone call like that, like they they would overreact and then somebody will prank call the president get his ass really good, and they'll be charged with treason or treason and they'll be put to death. Yeah hanged, rather right, hanged?
Speaker 2: What is that they'll be hung?
Speaker 1: Is a just them?
Speaker 2: And they'll be packing down there? What do you mean what does one have to do with the other. I don't know just how the term works. Oh, will they be executed?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, That's what I meant. I just meant, whoever doing it, they'll be hung.
Speaker 1: They'll definitely be hung. You can tell, all right. In continuing on our trend of old person news and yesterday's trend of drug news, we got some news about the elderly getting on board with weed.
Speaker 2: Dude. The boomers are hitting the bong hard. They're still smoking bonds, I hope.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know, there's nothing funnier than a tiny old person hitting a giant bong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like really and then like ging that thing up just.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, no cough, no nothing.
Speaker 2: No test convulsion, just straight. Oh. I like this one. I like this one.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is a little nice, this a little peppery or than that other one.
Speaker 2: Welly, you can taste the oh look at it the tannin's Wow. Uh did not have a turkey. But yeah, it sounds like the sixty five and older crowd have shed all like the refer yeahs dude, turps. Yeah. The reefer madness propaganda brain is withering away and people are now embracing the weeds. The stigma is not as much of a thing as it used to be with the sixty five and older crowd. Crowd, and obviously like the expansion of like legal and legal recreational and medical medicinal cannabis has opened the door for holdouts like my high school teacher, My high school history teacher who inspired me to even be interested in history as like a major. All the time we would talk about like like we would talk about weed. He's like, hey, guys, really should really stop talking about that. I know you're joking to kind of get me riled up, but like it's illegal or whatever, Like would you ever smoke weeds, sir? And he would always say, I only don't smoke it because it is illegal and I'm a law abiding citizen. But if it was legal, I would do it. And we're like, oh, we're gonna smoke with you when it's legal.
Speaker 1: He's like, for instance, I'm drunk right now. Yeah, my high school history teacher. Shout out to high school history teacher who was secretly dipping all class or like yeah, secretly but like he just had a little one in him. Was taking SIPs.
Speaker 3: Soda that you can in no way do dip secretly in a clandestine manner.
Speaker 2: No, No, he was.
Speaker 1: He was always at SIPs. But that sounded like, yeah, anyway.
Speaker 3: It was like, Oh, I was shitting myself in public, but no one knew. It's like, no, we all.
Speaker 2: Knew the entire time your pants filled down because it was so heavy.
Speaker 1: But he actually gave me early weed insight. Also, he was like, the only reason weeds illegal is because it's so easy to grow at home, like and so difficult to tack. So you can't make buttweise are worth a ship in your bathtub, But you buy a grow light, you can grow some pretty great weed. What nobody's gonna know about it.
Speaker 3: That's a fucking hero right there.
Speaker 1: I knows that's teaching it a fucking Catholic high school in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Was just being like, yeah, man, so here's what it is.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That's like I'm sure like there's a tradition of knowing like what the government will let you make on your own and won't because of how companies can profit. I'm sure for that. It's like moonshine is more like the local thing than like weed, maybe on the West coast, but anyway, there's been a forty six percent optic in consumption among seniors who man this like Journal of American Medicine study from twenty twenty one to twenty twenty three, and now like from when they were asking. In twenty twenty three, seven percent of adult sixty five and older said they'd used cannabis in the past month.
Speaker 3: Yeah boy, hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: I like through I think, you know, it's the pandemic lockdowns, and I think acceptance around using it for certain chronic illnesses or pain management is definitely adding to the usage. And I've also noticed a more of like a who gives a fuck kind of adage from that generation recently, at least the ones around me are more like, way different than what I remember as a kid, or they were like so button up and like, yeah, dude, don't give a fuck. I'm getting high now, I don't have anything to do.
Speaker 3: Well, then to piggyback off of that, I think I totally agree that it's not giving a fuck, and I think, actually, I'll take it further. It's because they're like, well, we have no future because the next couple of years that we have or whatever, or under this administration, everything's getting cut, America's fallen apart. They're like, you know what, I might get into heroin tomorrow. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, where do I sign up? That means they were getting nihilistic under Biden during this thing. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It built up there who gives a fuck muscles on climate change and yeah you know Gaza and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So now we bro I can't be fucking arst as they say, I've seen more than like also personally a few examples of friends are getting their parents to try it for pain management. Like a friend of mine's dad who was taking all kinds of like opioids for like hip and like knee replacement surgeries, was just so zonked out all the time and was like but was resisting cannabis because they had this very like boomer idea of like if I, if I ingested, I might turn into a black jazz pianist or something, and I don't want that to happen. So I don't know if I should take this edible not.
Speaker 4: Ready for me to become Miles David Jim is gonna call me cheech and chum, Yeah exactly, be so us they're gonna come me John Coltrane or something.
Speaker 2: Since they've crossed that bridge, like they're fully like, so they're like, I can't believe I didn't do this, like I feel so much like it, like clear headed, because I'm not so fucking wasted from like traditional like pharmaceutical pain medicines. Not to say this works for everyone, but like anecdotally that that's been the one I've seen happen a lot common where it's like they've always got this back pain, they hate taking pills for it, and now they just like take their little vape and now they're great or an edible or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's it's not a surprise when compared with the opioids that yeah, have been legally sold to people for the past couple decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, massive, massive improvement, guys. Yeah, please do that.
Speaker 3: Also side note, if you're like a grown up who smokes with like a.
Speaker 2: Younger people, is this like a podcast for thirteen year olds? Okay, but like if you're.
Speaker 3: A grown up, oh my god, why do I sound like that?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 3: Grown Damn, I don't even talk. I've been really valley sounding this whole episode, and I'm like, I apologize to the listeners. I don't know what you are.
Speaker 2: You are a valley by way of Odessa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never lived in the valley. What is this accent. It is horrible. Please leave, Please leave my mouth. Yeah, I just wanted to say that if you're an older person smoking weed with younger people and you're cool as hell. If you're an older person drinking with the younger people, Bill, that is not cool. That you are a monster and you need to leave.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know. I got a family friend who's older, like they're like, oh, you're smoking.
Speaker 6: I'm like yeah, They're like I've been doing that too, And I'm like, brouh you you're not ready for this ship. And you're like, well, they're like, to the store. I go to the store, and I'm like, all right, this motherfucker turned into a scarecrow. And like at this family party and high a hit and there was way too much.
Speaker 2: Like just fucking a scarecrow, just physically there as a presence but not in anything. Scarecrow.
Speaker 1: And I just experience what it was like to get high with me back when I got high.
Speaker 2: Well, at least they weren't like you hate me.
Speaker 1: They were just like I didn't say that out loud, Jack, I love you, but you.
Speaker 3: Do look like you would be absolutely not fun high.
Speaker 2: To get high with. Now I was a nightmare.
Speaker 1: I hated myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I totally for some reason feel that from you. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: It must be good. I think it's a good It reflects well on my personality, like general, you know, chillness, it means you're very an.
Speaker 3: Exactly. It means that this is the real jack. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm high in my regular life. Man, I can't be double high.
Speaker 3: You're a freaking high off beautiful family and cool job, and like, why would you even need anything else?
Speaker 2: And cool? Yeah? Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: And this is thirteen year olds out there. I don't need anything else.
Speaker 2: When you're grown up, you get to pick your own clothes and you can buy them whichever ones you want to buy.
Speaker 3: You guys, get ready with me. So first of all, my mom let me get this skirt from the Limited and it was my birthday money, so okay. Second off, I wanted to get the stuff from what Seal, but I could not afford it. Well, I got it from my best friend Brittany, and I'm borrowing it for this outfit.
Speaker 1: Britanh my god, so many syllables in Brittany.
Speaker 3: Brittany, Brittany, britt Britanny.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break. We gotta meet our favorite new character in the news, FEMA head Guy.
Speaker 3: We'll head guy, Hurricane head.
Speaker 1: Hurricane Richardson, and we're back. We're back, and we got a new head of FEMA. David Hurricane Richardson the acting head of FEMA, and at a big meeting with his employees, he said that he did not know the United States has a hurricane season, leaving the people who work for FEMA somewhat concerned and baffled. He's like, I was just joking around, Like he's one of those guys if.
Speaker 3: He's he was not joking though he was in no way joking. It's not even a joke.
Speaker 1: People like that who will say something and everyone's like what the fuck And then they'll be like, oh my god. Like once you get to know them, you're like, oh, they were joking, but like they don't know how that works.
Speaker 2: You know this sense of irony because you see it all the time in bad comedians who just say I'm just gonna say the opposite of something and assume that's irony. Sure, yeah, and it's just like what, shut up?
Speaker 3: I actually love Hitler. You guys get it, Yeah, like what that's not you.
Speaker 2: You're not exactly in that binary. You're either a Nazi or you're not a Nazi. I'm a Nazi.
Speaker 3: But either way, it wasn't a joke.
Speaker 1: It's hard to Yeah, yeah, it was not a joke in any functional form of joking.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The Democrats have been like, Okay, well, even if that was a joke, this is what happens when you hire for vibes over qualifications, because he's not in any way qualified, but like the vibes are terrible, like they like, it's not like he's a funny person. During his first all hands FEMA meeting, he told others, don't get in my way, adding obfuscation, delay, undermining. If you're one of those twenty percent of the people and you think those tactics and techniques are going to help you, they will not, because I will run right over you. I will achieve the presidents in time.
Speaker 2: That's the vibe actually that Trump was going for.
Speaker 3: He was like, truly, I was having a seizure during that, And I don't understand how you can make FEMA and to something that's like a war rally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, do you know what FEMA does?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not in charge of the marines, bro, Like, what is this?
Speaker 1: You ever see something marine?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I and I alone in FEMA speak for FEMA Jesus Christ and I alone face.
Speaker 1: I don't stop at yield signs is also something he said, which, okay, you know, like you're supposed to when there's other stuff.
Speaker 3: No, you know what what yield means? Like, I feel like a lot of the words he uses he does not understand, and that is kind of It's kind of key for the administration. I think it's kind of a thing everyone has in common. They just do not really know what words mean.
Speaker 2: No, there's a lot of words. Yeah, I'm an asshole, get out of my way. Fuck you pretty much.
Speaker 3: And I would have taken so much less time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, you woman. They didn't get that.
Speaker 1: He was like a fun, joking guy when he said that he didn't know we had a hurricane season, when the rest of the meeting.
Speaker 5: Was like, I will fuck you up. Don't even look at me. I will destroy you. I will make you wish you were never born. I didn't know there was such a thing as a hurricane season. Well, how did they not know that that was a joke.
Speaker 2: Bro, all the funniest guys do, right, I'm sure he's threatened to skullfuck someone in that. I'm sure he has used to. He was he probably did a bit from that Will Farrell LESNL thing or the most Terrible Boss like where he's abusing the employees just like right after it didn't mean that skull fuck joke. Literally, come on.
Speaker 3: Guys, I feel like this is what happens when like someone Binge watches Succession who's like, you know, then you're like, I'm gonna make Fema and Logan roy industries, Like, oh my god. Certain Well, there's.
Speaker 1: Been like studies on like narcissism, and the thing they've found is that a lot of the biggest narcissists and like the meanest people are the people who like haven't really like in the entertainment industry, for instance, It'll be like people who haven't who aren't like talented, they're just like there because they were in the right place at the right time, and so they're like defending their position because they have a sense that like I don't actually know why I'm here, and I feel like that like this guy is in no way deserves to be the FEMA chief. His background is that he was a former marine and a terrible artist and novelist. Back to a running theme we've found here with Trump, I guess I was meant to be a filmmaker.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know he failed two forms of art. Yeah, yeah, now I know this man is like extra dangerous.
Speaker 2: What have you believe? He's like the anti double threat, He's a minus one threat. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty, he had a gallery show which included a painting depicting AOC kind of like it's not recognizable as AOC other than if I tell you, oh this is being done. Who's from the right, Because it's a woman in a jay gouvera poster with like hoop earrings which today was even where and it says hashtag bimbonic bimbonic, hash Amazon on the top.
Speaker 2: What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: I don't understand hashtag. I understand what bimbo is, but I don't know what it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be replacing, like a bionic bimbo.
Speaker 3: But what word is it supposed to be replacing? Like what's the wordplay there?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just a word. I thought was funny to make fun of a woman. That's why I put that there.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gonna go viral.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I did it as a hashtag fuck hashtag bimbonics not taking off really.
Speaker 3: Quick though, But like it seems like it's kind of complimentary to portray her. Or is Jay Gevera because he Givar because he was like kind of like an important revolutionary or is that what you were going for?
Speaker 1: Darter Cortes is a socialist. She is like the pigs for Orwell's animal farm. My initial impression of her that she doesn't really care about the working class. She just doesn't like rich folk. That was my initial idea, kind of like cha.
Speaker 3: Oh so okay, I say rich. So you think the main thing that Vera was about was he was like, I don't like.
Speaker 1: I hate rich people.
Speaker 3: I hate riches.
Speaker 1: I'm just jealous of all their sway. I just really wish I was dropping call them mister coffee.
Speaker 3: Exactly because they got all that's what damn you are a dry as call me Alexandra Curig.
Speaker 2: Court s wish't he's hit like a drunk Disney character.
Speaker 1: He also wrote a twenty nineteen novel called War Story, which terrible art on the front that I look appears to be his own.
Speaker 2: Did I miss the part where you said the gallery said it looked like Baski Yats work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just thought that was going to like actually kill some people, so I din't want to. But the gallery owner compared his work to that of Bosquiocht in terms of his materials and arresting imagery.
Speaker 3: Jesus, why would somebody say that this is so fucking viscerally upsetting.
Speaker 1: It's at best it can be. It's like a poor man's mister brainwash. It's just like, you know, somebody appropriating one image, mashing it up with another and being which is wild, because that's down and that is not all. It's not even like this person must not know what Basquiot there was, like fucking poetry and like all kinds of shit and the message.
Speaker 3: Medical revolutionary statements and pulling in history.
Speaker 2: And but this guy understands. This guy understands blackness. I think just like Basquiat did. Probably the gallery the gallery.
Speaker 3: Owners probably sounds bisquick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, oh, it's very much like Basqueiot totally.
Speaker 3: The gallery, by the way, that I'm actually Ovaltine inspired a painting. I love his work.
Speaker 1: The painting that looks like nine thousand things you could find on fucking like any of those public art sites where they're like, turn your art into a poster is being sold for ninety thousand dollars. And he's like kind of an art nepo, like his mom as an artist, and so I think, like, this is his way into these galleries and shit like she must.
Speaker 2: Be so also, wait, when did you see this gallery? Show?
Speaker 1: Was guarantee?
Speaker 2: What what you when twenty twenty you said yeah, someone no, But I'm just like because I'm like, this isn't an original idea. And then in twenty eighteen, someone posted a she Givara image with AOC like but photo realistic, and I'm like, dude, this guy's just fucking ripping off.
Speaker 3: Like it's even worse to be the fuck Jerry of painting when you're already are not.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I do want to get to his novel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's play war games his novel.
Speaker 1: And so he says that his novel is eighty percent autobiographical. And I'm going to let you guys decide which parts you think are real and which parts aren't okay, So like the stuff that is, you know, demonstrably autobiographical, is like the The novel follows a DC area resident, a cigar smoker, and the son of an artist who taught him to paint from a young age. His name is Steerforth, and he goes to war not because he has to or because he's especially committed to the cause, but because he's dreamed of the adventure of war since childhood. So he just basically looks fun is his reason for going to war. He's constantly being complimented on his amazing paintings, especially by very young women, including his female students, and he's constantly like, fucking you know, college age women as a teacher, Oh sweetie.
Speaker 3: Your mommy and daddy didn't like your art.
Speaker 2: I like your paintings.
Speaker 1: That cigar smell makes me think of my papa is one of the what one of the girls says before kissing him on the cheek.
Speaker 3: And before she fucking kills herself because that's not real.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: All the women in the back find him quote irresistibly charming. A reporter who visits a rock and questions how a man who's obviously not gay and seems to have melted and seems to have quote melted more than one heart, with those blue eyes, that crooked grin, and that practiced southern draw. Practice southern draw could be.
Speaker 3: Saying do you think that's sexy? At crossing his own accent?
Speaker 2: Why would that not?
Speaker 1: Serial killer? Ship?
Speaker 2: Is that big broken arm? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And then the talented mister why are you practice? I love his performative neck brace that he wears, Like, what the fuck are they saying?
Speaker 1: Later, she brushes over the possible war crimes she saw committed on Steerforth's watch. I wonder which part of that is that he got away on or the hot woman who was like, God damn, how are you single?
Speaker 3: Jesus the boss to write a warst story where you are like, I'm really excited to go to war for the adventure, and then at the end the like moral isn't that? Like, oh, war is terrible? I thought it was going to be an adventure, but in fact, now I've been so fucked Yeah. If that is not the book you're writing, I do not understand how you're.
Speaker 1: Like the moral of the story is like and it was actually pretty tight and like we did some fucked up shit and got away with it because I'm hot.
Speaker 2: But I smoked the cigar and had sex with college students. Bread the idea of.
Speaker 1: Somebody still think is cool to smoke the guard I don't know. I guess maybe it's coming back. That's the generator. No, that's that generation.
Speaker 2: They're weird like that, or I mean he's not young enough because like the Tate Brothers are big fucking stogy smokers too. But again they're still they're doing they're LARPing as like fucking boomer men.
Speaker 3: So you know, well, I think it's like that's what they think rich people do.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a war story, but it's also a love story. He has a girlfriend who is a quote Mongolian born college student who loves his paintings. The book describes her as thin, with nice hips and a round bottom.
Speaker 2: It's a good writer. Guy's a good writer.
Speaker 1: She lives in an apartment building full of immigrants and works in a hat job.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I feel like he really knows the common man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like he's probably stalking this Mongolian born college student that might be based on something real.
Speaker 3: She's probably said a million times I am not Mongolian. Yeah, okay, I've told you I'm Filipino. Stop fucking calling me.
Speaker 2: I just work at the Mongolian barbecue place you come after lunch every day.
Speaker 3: I am white.
Speaker 2: She's Mongolian born and a college student with hips and a round bottom around.
Speaker 1: He buys her ice cream, smokes cigars, and says things like this waterfront reminds me of summer and painting. Holy sh it's just yeah, like you can see that he wants to have an artistic soul.
Speaker 3: He wants to have a personality, and he doesn't, and it is sad.
Speaker 1: This water front reminds me of painting, which is an artistic thing you can do. Jesus Christ and now sends a good portion of the book sexualizing female marines and complaining about them being in the military in the first place. So great, that seems like probably what he's actually doing.
Speaker 3: Am I supposed to kill strangers with someone with a round bottom nearby?
Speaker 2: Am I right? My dog's up top? That's just written in the book. Yeah, yeah, who's that up top for?
Speaker 1: Up top?
Speaker 2: Okay, crookeds.
Speaker 1: Anyways, it seems like a hell of a book. Go check it out or fia. Such a pleasure having you.
Speaker 3: I love you, guys, Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Please listen to my ninety day fiance podcast with Miles Gray called four twenty Day Fiance. You don't even have to watch the show. Actually a bunch of people don't and they still listen and it's funny for them. So yeah, and then you can find me on Instagram and whatever the Sophia so f I y a and you know, have a have a great life.
Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 2: All right? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Why does it sound like I'm killing myself. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: It's our last day of school before Yeah, you just your book?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like, but we're about to but where you're just graduating junior high and you're like, have a good life because I don't know if we're going to the same high school next year.
Speaker 3: It's so true that I'm all dramatic. When I walk away, I'm like, is anybody going to turn around? And I'm checking to see if you turned around, and I'm turning around but it's like at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: And it's like, oh no, sorry, I don't know. My parents might move to San jose, I might go to a different school. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Stay cool if they do. Anyways, I'm serious, you better fucking stay cool.
Speaker 2: Never change.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're a cutie. I envy you.
Speaker 1: Remember that you? Oh god, I really did take a never change and uh, you're a cutie. I would be like, God, do they like me? I think they love me?
Speaker 2: They said they wanted to see me this summer. Stay Where was all this energy all year? Katie? Dang, Katie, you right like you talk? That's my favorite Simpsons one. It's like he talks.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yes, so this is a Reddit post I saw, so you can't really really enjoy it by clicking on it, so enjoy it for my mouth. And basically it was a thread where people were talking about what to do and where they're escaping to if shit gets really bad under Trump. And a Scottish person posted and said, hey, if anybody needs to marry somebody for you know, to escape, I am available. We can do a two year you know, limited marriage whatever. And people were like, that's so nice that you would offer that, and this other person replied and said, this is extra nice for me because I'm a autistic. I'm a black autistic disabled woman. And then the person the original poster replied and said, oh my god, I am also. I am also a black autistic and I was like, this is the most beautiful meeting of mind.
Speaker 2: Wow. This is the Scottish person too.
Speaker 3: The Scottish person was like, yes, I am also exactly you. Wow, I'm a black disabled stick woman.
Speaker 2: That also sounds like some Reddit shit where people just be claiming that shit so they could get away with saying all kinds of stuff, you know, because fu ai people are on there faking to be black people all the time. But I do like to wish.
Speaker 1: I hope that's sincere and it was a real connection your heart.
Speaker 3: I just want to say that that is a fucking sitcom that I want to watch because yes.
Speaker 2: Escaping, escaping and finding each other through Reddit so cute.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Miles where we'll find you as their work media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah at Miles of Gray everywhere. Basketball talk, check out Myles and Jack im d Mens. You're talking to Megan Gaily this week, probably the most famous Pacers fan.
Speaker 3: I's so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look she is in heaven right now with her pacers in the finals. So yes, just just just fucking tune in for that one. Obviously, tune into Alexandra and I a work at media, Like, uh, you know, as a parent of a little toddler, there's a lot of Miss Rachel being played.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: She just had a potty training episode that dropped. She was a fucking banger. A lot of poop do, a lot of farting do so many farting jokes in there.
Speaker 3: I was like, hell, yeah, when you're child, farting jokes are like everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because about honestly, and it's like, oh, do animals poop? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Poop do?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: Does do? Do our parents poop? And it's like yeah, it's like all these fart sounds. But anyway, on top of that, she's also gotten a lot of shit because she's been very vocally a supporter of Palestinian people, especially what's happening to children, and a lot of people like how dare you? You should stay out of this, and she's been like, yo, I'm sorry, I'm I'm about the kids. This is what she posted on threads two days ago from Miss Rachel for little quote what people don't understand is that my career and reputation will never matter to me as much as standing up for kids. What people don't understand is that no amount of cruel name calling or false accusations will stop me from standing up for kids. Well people don't understand is that I will risk my career over and over to stand up for kids. Well people don't understand is that that's why I miss Rachel. The kids brought me here. I was like, God, damn yes exactly.
Speaker 3: Second of all, one of the things for the show is like things you want to promote. I want to promote Jewish Voice for Peace because it is really really important. I mean obviously for everybody, but I think Jewish people have a hard time because a lot of anti Semitism creeps in. But we have to just keep focused on what matters. And that is exactly what Megan was talking about, and it's dead and starving children and just people in general. So Jewish Voice for Peace if you are a Jewish person who is struggling and wants to help, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, Brian on Blisky at jack Obe number one. I enjoyed this tweet from a non FPA tweeted in turn attended as first town hall today and I found this sitting on his desk after It's just like one of those like legal notepad things, and it says efficiency misspelled culture, invest in people training.
Speaker 3: I can see it on a giant banner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just been so many empty, empty meetings like that emptiness. So I guess we gotta like invest in people or.
Speaker 3: Something here gains sounds crazy, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeigeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnote nope, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy, Myles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just want to go out on a track from an LA artist, Georgia Ann Muldreau, like multi genre, just super creative artists, I think super dope. This track is called Wu punk w U p U n K, and it's just a groover, you know, instrumental groover, but just to get into Georgia A. Muldrow's other work is a fantastic artist, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, The Daily Zeitgeist to the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all.
Speaker 2: Then bye bye.
Speaker 3: The Daily zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by by WAG, co.
Speaker 2: Produced by Victor Wright, co written by JM McNabb, edited and engineered by Justin Conner,