Speaker 1: Is there a rapper with what else? Does an outlook?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 5: Night?
Speaker 3: Having leak in time to they bake mommy on? What else? What else?
Speaker 1: What else? What else?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, trying to serve me that fake ass way to bad light? About to have a fucking put a blade across your face? Or what else? What else?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Hey? Am I right? Ladies? These man ain't shit anymore? We have what else?
Speaker 1: What else? Hello the Internet? And welcome to season three, seventy five, Episode five of dirt Eyshi guyst. It's a production of iHeartRadio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive and do American share consciousness. And it is Friday, February fourteen, twenty twenty five. Al Raventime's Day.
Speaker 3: Baby, fuck, oh shit, shit shit? Okay, Well, I guess I don't need to read the calendar today. Maybe I should have done that at least a day ago. But I guess I'll be going to write aid for some gifts. But hey, it is February fourteen. That also means is National Greenfield Chocolate's Day? Is Vallum Time's Day? National Ferris Wheel Day? Did y'all have like did y'all ever have that like weird like like movie eighties, seventies movie informed idea that like you would get a kiss on a ferris wheel, because I did, like at a carnival. I remember being like, you know, about to go into this first wheel. I was like, twelve, ain't shit happened? Because I didn't know. I didn't know what the fuck was going on anything.
Speaker 1: My carnival scene from movies that informed me.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: No, it was big, okay, big where he like goes and gets Yeah, that that was. And he's just real nervous and acting weird around the twelve year old who he trust, who gets big to seduce? Very weird. Ready anyways, heavy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: All Valentine's Day, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Those who are the cars, you know, all the lovers, all the people who don't fuck with Valentine's Day. It's all it's it's fine, it's all fine. It's just a fake holiday to get us through the worst time of year. My name is Jack O'Brien aka, what's the world's favorite cheese? Is not Mazarell cheddar orbree around the world and the seven sees everybody's pound in that good up that one courtesy of blink Yak on the Discord in reference to the ad I Can't Leave alone for the Super Bowl ad for Google's AI research tool that had just a blatantly false fact at the center of it, the one thing like if a car at had like square wheels on the car. They're like, oh, no, that's that's incorrect. That wouldn't do the thing we said it does at all. But I feel like it's all we need to know is that they are turning everything over to AI and not even bothering to check.
Speaker 3: It's easy, man, It's easy. It's easy, automat easy.
Speaker 1: Just on that shit.
Speaker 3: Pretty soon, guys, Jack and I are going to figure out AI and we are just gonna hit the button and you won't even know the difference. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, and we're going to get into that in a little bit. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: Oh me, Miles Gray aka Gulf of America. Google is tripping now, Google is tripping now, I'm whipping row milk now, Golf of America. Okay, shout out to Christy. I'magucci Mane on the Discord. Yes, the fuck man the fucking bendings of all the needs to the non cell. Yeah, which is wild because the AP they got kicked out of the Oval office because they are not acknowledging the Gulf of America. And I'm hoping other journalists are standing in solidarity with them for not going along and maybe not. Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: How do the journalists do last year when it was like about, you know, standing in solidarity with the Palestinian people, and you know which.
Speaker 3: Which the lie? Yeah, independent industry no, no, no, no, no, no solidarity. There no solidarity with shareholder profits though.
Speaker 1: That's right. Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny comedian and activist, the host of the great and award winning podcast Good Muslim, Bad Muslim, Senior Fellow of Comedy at the Pop Culture Collaborative. She's written in New York Times, wrote and performed a piece on MPR's Fresh Air. It's the hilarious the talented Zara nor By.
Speaker 5: Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you anything anything with your sweeties.
Speaker 5: We're going to be having rabbid hard sex tonight, hard sex. Yeah. Rob just pound in a like pound Town. You should just call it Poundtown day.
Speaker 1: See that video of a mom being like, I heard you took my daughter to Poundtown last night to some guy like at a hotel pool and then the guy was like, he's like, who told you that? And she like lowers her sunglasses and then that her husband's like everybody could hear it in the entire courtyard. Man, pretty well a story about me Instagram. Pound Town, Right, that's where I was headed. I'm going to be in leg Holand for our six year olds birthday celebrit.
Speaker 3: The opposite of Poundtown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the very opposite of Poundtown. Sharing a bed made of legos.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, well look yeah, I mean you won't be, but you will still be thugging with your rounds.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's what's important.
Speaker 5: Now. What we like to do is just let all the neighbors know. We just knock on the doors.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, like when you're having a party, when a neighbors having a party and hey, just so you know we're having a party. We don't want to, you know, stay up, so maybe like to be listening to music or something. Okay, it's gonna be nasty. Do you also some neighbors will invite people to the party. When they do that, do you invite.
Speaker 5: Everyone is invited?
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, it's right, it's let me guess it's Poundtown tonight. Yeah, but no, thank you, thanks for the invite. Thank you. Yeah, we know it's a standing invitation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can come out by any time. Don't have to stay.
Speaker 3: Late, it's okay. Yeah, anything. We're pound pound out actually this week?
Speaker 5: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, well how about next week?
Speaker 3: Come back around? Let me again, teller, teller, I haven't shipped right since the last Poundtown.
Speaker 1: Pulled a muscle in my back. All right, Zara, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about. Not good, it's not good. It's bad. It's bad. What's it Michael Buffer's brothers catch phrase, time it's time bad. Yeah, we're just like being reminded a little bit of like when Putin bombed those apartments to consolidate power. Because Donald Trump has basically kicked the important intelligence experts out of the daily this is the biggest threat the country is facing today. Meetings, almost like he's intentionally trying to sabotage our safety a boy and let in a big attack.
Speaker 3: But what could you even do after that? He's gonna have to be like, oh no, I messed up. That's usually what happens, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know he would blame it on that an entire happens racial group. He'll probably just be cool about it and recognize the error of his ways.
Speaker 3: Which isn't he the guy?
Speaker 1: Isn't he the guy who the day of nine to eleven was talking about how it was good for him because now he had the tallest building in Manhattan?
Speaker 5: Yep, Oh my god, did he really say that?
Speaker 3: He said that like on the news, like called into a radio show.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, it's like maybe it's truly a tragedy. Although just f yi, and we'll look at a how AI is reshaping the world of true crime, of true crime, true crime, yeah, true crime. Question, It's it's goodifying the world of true crime, all of that plenty more. But first are we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: You mean, other than Poundtown.
Speaker 1: Other than Pound Town?
Speaker 3: You had to look that up the search Pound.
Speaker 5: Well, I just wanted to see, you know what if.
Speaker 1: The population was indeed just your husband.
Speaker 5: It was the next door search.
Speaker 1: Hey, poundtown population one.
Speaker 5: Okay, I have started piano lessons. Oh, I started taking piano lessons. I didn't grow up with music.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it again, because aren't all immigrant kids supposed to play piano?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Hell, hell yeah, you didn't have your fingers glued to a piano.
Speaker 5: No, all my siblings did.
Speaker 3: Oh are you the oldest? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What did you even have to ask?
Speaker 3: I know, I mean that's why I that's why I led to that. Oh you're the I should have said, oh are you said? Oh, you're the oldest?
Speaker 5: Have you looked at my finances? You think I have a retirement? Do I have any kind of plan? How did you my first kid of forty three? Yeah, yes, I'm doing I am the fly by the seat of our pants. Let's see how this goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then well now we can refine the process on the subsequent children. Wait, so how come what inspired you to get into the piano lessons?
Speaker 5: So? I've always wanted to do piano. I sort of taught myself some chords during pandemic. Okay, and then you know, my daughter is one and a half now, and I'm just like thinking of like they're just like learning machines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so good.
Speaker 5: They're wild learning machines.
Speaker 1: They learn. It's so annoying to day. Are you serious about it? You like, oh, I think you stop showing off? Yeah? Really.
Speaker 5: I am an immigrant, I'm not white, so I appreciate education, Jack.
Speaker 3: But that.
Speaker 1: Ass kicked, dude. Yes, when my son gets a.
Speaker 2: Question, immediately get thrown off and concern for my own stability when someone else's education surpasses, fine, it doesn't rock my world.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's that's a huge problem because for me, it's okay, I play my kid in chest when he wins like ninety five percent of the time, I'm like, dude, you're gonna get your ass kicked in school with nerd ship like that. And then when I win, I get to really spike the football. So it's when when you should try to Yeah, Jack, mate, bitch, whoa I let you win because you keep telling me I'm gonna get my ass kicks. Oh no, you won?
Speaker 5: What now you don't have health care? Look at that. I took your voting right.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 1: My year old does play the piano and asks me frequently like why why I don't? In a way that's like, but like why wouldn't I don't understand, like music is the language of love, Like why would you not do this? Oh?
Speaker 3: Like as if it's like brushing your teeth? Yeah, yeah, it's like, but how come you don't play piano?
Speaker 1: Fucking?
Speaker 3: Do you hate mommy?
Speaker 1: Do you not have loving your heart? Daddy?
Speaker 5: Oh no, Dad Valentine's Day?
Speaker 3: It seems like you just.
Speaker 1: Like watching this basketball that has no benefits to you. Well, I'm over here. Just take on the ivory hung Oh.
Speaker 3: That's weird, So I could probably I may. I mean, there's definitely the potential for me to get to Carnegie Hall with what I'm doing. But is there like a Carnegie Hall for you crying in a six.
Speaker 1: Or half about the seventy six?
Speaker 5: Here's what I can't and maybe Zygang can help me figure this out, Like I play to be a Culiarykay, I can't be Mozart. I can't be Mozart. I have too much jealousy. But I I I'm in this for the long haul, is how I see myself. I can get I can move my parents like nine thousand dollars Baldwin piano into our house. It's like a permanent fixture of our home. Or I can maybe do the sensible thing and get a keyboard to see if this sticks.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I'm all for making rash decisions that, okay, would eat up the floor space in your abode.
Speaker 1: I will say. Some keybords have a setting on them where you just press one button and it like starts rocking out. And that My.
Speaker 5: Daughter loves that. She has a little toddler piano and she plays like two notes and then she's like, oh wait, fuck this and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that video just sent me. She was like playing with her feet like ray Man's Eric in the doors.
Speaker 5: She uses it as her stepping stool. Right now, reach things. But so I my search history. I looked up how to play Parallel Universe on piano.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: I think I know?
Speaker 5: Parallel It's a red hot chili peppers.
Speaker 1: Okay on piano.
Speaker 5: It's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: That is that it.
Speaker 6: Don't stop prediction to the here it is.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you're gonna play this on one note?
Speaker 5: Look look at to search it right now. Parallel universe on piano.
Speaker 3: Okay, parallel universe. Okay, let me hear this. Here's a tutorial that's the one.
Speaker 6: Okay, a little bit, a little bit simpler, Okay, I can't stop addicted to the.
Speaker 3: Cash ding mang noong nong ning mang nong nonging, man, my mom. And where's a lot of there, there's a lot of stuff. Anthony Keatis at this point wishes people didn't remember. It was like like things that are even in books that he's even written books, even wrote books, or there's just like there's definitely excerpts of like stuff about the early days of red hot chili pepers. And you're like, sir, that's a crime you're describing with a minor Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Not drugs. You're not being like those are illegal drugs.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: Who knew the guy with the sockover his dick?
Speaker 3: How yeah?
Speaker 1: Never trust those guys with the sock over their day ruined it for the rest of us. Sorry, what are some of these thinks? Underrated?
Speaker 5: Okay? Resistance bands?
Speaker 1: Oh ship, you pulled that out quick, damn? And see where's this the new I'm not familiar. Is this the new pussy hat?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I listened to Rage against the Machine.
Speaker 1: You're talking resistance bands, the workout thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, physical therapy regimens.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Get your ship tight.
Speaker 3: Get your ship tight, because it's pound by.
Speaker 5: It's bound.
Speaker 3: It's pound down too, night bound tonight. Get your.
Speaker 5: Shoulders in their socks.
Speaker 3: What are you rehabbing with your resistance band?
Speaker 5: Okay, so check this out. I'm a writer. I write, okay, okay, always in front of the computer, and my shoulders are just coming more and more forward.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: I use this band yeah to get my shoulders into their sockets. And I feel like a million bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's a dollar.
Speaker 1: You use it threateningly, kind of snap it like a belt that God is about to use on them.
Speaker 5: Everything I do is a little bit threatening because I'm a bossy bottom, m bossy bot.
Speaker 1: Bossy bottom from the mean streets of Poundtown.
Speaker 5: But it all comes with love.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Hey, bossy bottom girls, you make the rocking world go round. Hey, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Cults colts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, joined one for me.
Speaker 1: I told you we've been wasting our time with this one too. Much of a mind of her own.
Speaker 5: They are currently looking for a nanny. Our last nanny joined a cult. Wow, and I think they're overrated. So okay, we have this amazing nanny that we shared with a friend of mine. She came two days a week and she was like, you know, I can't come these certain days and times because I have to go to church five days a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: And I was like, all right, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: Like I'm like, are you a Catholic grandmother from Easter? My mother in law? You're dad?
Speaker 5: All right, okay, community friendship, I get it. You know, she's got kids, Okay. And then she was like, I can't because I can't do these certain times because I need to take a class on this a writing, a Christian writing class on evangelizing for my church.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: And then I can't come this other day. So now seven days a week we're at church because I got to work for my church. I gotta do this for my church, okay, right, And then she said, I am going to have to leave both of y'all. I My husband thinks I should find something closer to the church.
Speaker 1: The church physically, like, all right, physically.
Speaker 5: Closer and then I looked up one of her videos and it's her and her husband out on the street with like an amp and a mica talking about how women who wear pants are from the devil.
Speaker 1: Now I don't understand that because pants are what.
Speaker 5: Pants are comfortable. No, we're from the devil because we're trying to be men and we're not doing our job being there in the home, and it's causing the collapse of society.
Speaker 3: But then, do you have a job but wear a skirt and then be okay? Yes, skirts, like you can be an independent woman. Just do not wear pants long skirt.
Speaker 1: But if you're walking and it had recently rained, that ship better be getting wet. That's all I'm saying. Okay, if it's not too short.
Speaker 5: This is why I say cults are overrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you just haven't found the right cult I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I was hoping one. I just can't make it today because the there's a comet coming around that we're.
Speaker 1: Just we really gotta yeh, gotta keep our eye on. We have an update, speaking of the asteroid.
Speaker 5: Asteroid, can you get here sooner?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Until Trump is running for his third consecutive term, that the asteroid may hit us.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we so we talked a couple of weeks ago about how they thought that there might be a chance that it would strike Earth. They would have further calculations like that as more data came in.
Speaker 3: They were like, but you know what, like.
Speaker 1: Chances are, it's just gonna be going down and down, like two percent chance. We'll turn into like a one percent chance the next day, and then like further and further down, and instead it's going up, going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 5: So it really is coming.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, now it's a three percent chance. So it's so they're saying there's a chance.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got slightly different measurements, but it definitely went up the last time we talked about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, oh yeah, that's not the direction I was expert. You know what, The.
Speaker 5: Chances of us getting hit by an asteroid are the same as the chances of my getting pregnant via IVF right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then you're saying there's a chance, I'm saying there's a chance. Yeah, it's uh, well, hopefully this one hits the ocean rather than being a city destroyer, but well, yes, it would be.
Speaker 1: A city destroyer if it hit a city based on the size. But in the olden times, when we had like government programs and like NASA, they used to be able to like land on an asteroid and explode so that it like moved enough off course that it wouldn't kill a bunch of people. I feel less confident in our ability to do that these days. For some reason.
Speaker 5: Cand of just hit four people. Yeah, yeah, for really specific people.
Speaker 3: It just it broke apart so small, just hit the Oval office. That's so weird, very weird.
Speaker 5: Can we call it the Luigi asteroid?
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. Hell nope, that's the beginning of the show, and we're back. No, no.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: One of the first things that we talked a lot about on this show was that I think it was when like Putin kept coming up for some reason on the show back when, back when he was a very oh wait, he's still he's still out there. But the fact that he consolidated power via bombing a bunch of apartment building, like it's kind of known now that this is what happened. Yeah, a bunch of false flag attacks in Russia that allowed him to then be like, we need to consolidate power. Everyone got scared. We need to consolidate power under me. And we were like, huh, let's put a pin in that, because that for some reason, that's like resonating with like where we are as Americans right now under Donald Trump, Like it feels like the sort of thing he would view not as like a horrible tragedy and like very scary, but as like a sick move. Sick move by putin. I wish I was Ballard like that bar Yeah, and you know nine to eleven was you what what whatever your beliefs are?
Speaker 3: Around nine to eleven, you know, Jack's barred me from speaking my beliefs on this podcast. I'll have listeners, no, but just check out.
Speaker 1: But whatever your whatever your beliefs are, it was all rebok. It was it was used to strip away civil liberties, civil liberties.
Speaker 3: And semonize an entire segment of the Earth's population.
Speaker 1: Yes, and now we have an administration that is seems really focused on stripping away whatever is left of the rights of people who aren't billionaires.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it used to be cis heat white guys, but now even they are in trouble because they're not olive arcs. But yeah, so there's a disturbing report in the Washington Post about how the Trump regime is now excluding intelligence experts from the like you said, daily, Hey, what are the big the big threats that we're looking at today meetings and this day, this daily meeting has been happening, as you can imagine, for decades under numerous presidential administrations, where the people tasked with national security and identifying threats to our safety, it's now just become a clown show about immigration. This is from the article. Quote the top national security deputies from Justice are gone, transferred from the posts they have held for years to undefined roles dealing with immigration enforcement end quote. Sanctuary cities. The heads of the FBI's Criminal Division and International Terrorism Division were also pushed out. A long time deputy and Justice's Criminal Division focused on international affairs was transferred to sanctuary cities but opted to retire instead. And even the people that have been moved over to immigration, they're like saying, like we don't even have any orders. They're just saying that's what we're tasked with, but we have no tasks, so essentially like we are inert, like we have nothing we can do or contribute to anything. So again, I don't know if you remember, but when the former FBI director Christopher Ray was on his way out in his resignation, he was mentioned He's like, yeah, so just so you know, like the country is currently facing like a fuck ton of threats right now. Anyway, y'all should be good. I think everything's okay. I think you know, when we talk about a story like this, one read is that Trump is being just like this shit brain loser that he's always been. But the more sinister read and may probably and more likely read here is that they don't care if there's a terror attack, and in fact, a major event like that would help him further eroad rights and make people more willing to give up these rights in service of quote unquote safety, which they are doing fuck all about right now. It sounds like and also poses why can't he be a total idiot and also be like, oh, yeah, I added bonus terror attack, then I win too. Uh. Sure, that's all out there, But Zara, it's funny that like history comes up when you're here, because I'm reminded of your first appearance on the show way back in twenty eighteen. I believe destabilization was the word.
Speaker 1: That's the word, yep, ning ning ning ning ning, ning ning ning ning.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: There we are destabilizing a nation so that it is ripe for foreign takeover.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, who who would have ever heard of such a thing? I mean, who's who's teaching Donald Trump about this? So that's not an American That doesn't sound like US? Is the American play based on my American education? That doesn't sound like US?
Speaker 5: Russian playbook?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, that boomerang's coming back over here?
Speaker 1: You've seen that boomerang?
Speaker 3: Yes, you'll see that boomerang I threw like sixty years ago.
Speaker 5: There are so many Iranian friends of mine and relatives that all see are seeing the revolution really differently. Yeah, like folks back home, not Iranians here, because they clearly see the revolution different differently, but no question there. But folks back home, And I don't mean differently like with regrets. I mean different because everyone who's ever had a revolution regrets it. I still don't know anyone who had a revolution. It's like, yeah, it's always like, oh, it took us.
Speaker 1: A long time to regret the American Revolution. But I think we're there now. I think we're like, yeah, maybe the British we're onto something.
Speaker 3: Maybe that would have bring the Premier League to America and I it's.
Speaker 5: Isn't looking so bad. But uh, I remember the first time that Trump won. This is like burn into my brain and I can't remember if I talked about this before. Like I watched in on my dad watching this interview of the Shaw. Mike Wallace was interviewing the Shaw and this was like eight years before the Revolution, and he was talking about how the British folks were complaining about oil prices being so high, and he says, you know, what do you have to tell the British people? And the show says, make more money and uh. Then Mike Wallace says, so is it a case of the brown eyes now telling the blue eyes what to do?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow? Right, when you say it around the eyes and not the skin, it's okay, Actually that makes it better brown eyes.
Speaker 5: It's like so offended, right, and yes, yeah, eight years later the man's out right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, that is how Jackson that song A brown Eyed Girl was originally brown skinned girl. And then he was like, oh, I guess it's just contromocial Brown. Yeah, yeah, so that is a strategy. Wait really it really was with eye color. I'm pretty sure that's through.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when we could say the N word. I'm like, damn man, Yeah, I mean this is just very uh.
Speaker 7: You know obviously these playbooks, right, yeah, it's like, oh shit, it's happened, Like this is the thing, and when you're in it, there's all this nuance, but like it's destabilization.
Speaker 5: You're just that they're coming at you from every scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're completely off balance and just in a state of some level of panic, than any solution to be like yeah, will it stop? Okay, because you shaking the fucking bed doesn't feel good, So whatever it takes to stop. And I'm sure that's you know, what they have their eyes on eventually, depending on whatever comes of this. But again, the White House, they're like they're saying like no, no, no, no, like no, we definitely are fine. Like we've got a lot of experts there. It's just like some of these people, these career intelligence people, you know, with the real understanding and context around everything that's happening. We just got rid of them. We've got rid of that. There are reports that like some of the people that they elevated to be in here kind of have their shit together enough that they're like insisted that they were bringing assistance along who knew the material, so they don't just want I'll walk into these meetings being like, I don't know, dude, But the reports are from these meetings that they're just getting off on talking about immigration, like it's barely touching on real national pep.
Speaker 1: Rally instead of yeah, yeah, yeah, a thing that was like a load bearing security meeting.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much to trust the intelligence infrastructure of the United States, but does feel like the sort of thing you want to just it's like the one of those things we'd like to keep an eye on. By the way, you said you shaking the bed doesn't feel good unless you're floating. I do just want to.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to make sure you Valentine's Day and is Pound Town tonight.
Speaker 1: Downtown the city? Yeah, I will, Like I don't know, the the whole like they're stupid thing. I just don't know. Because it's so so reflexively how the mainstream media reacts to Republicans and Trump in general, I do feel like now now they might have like swung a little bit the other way, but like assuming that, like what they're doing is incompetent, it feels like we've got to just stop that and be like this, whether it's intentional or not, Like it feels like this is yeah, and they're succeeding, you know, like it's a broken system and they know exactly how it's broken. They did get rich, Like the the one thing that they are good at is exploiting this very broken system, right like that. I mean Elon Musk made you know, billions and billions of dollars exploiting like government contracts and shit, like he's that that is what he knows how to do. He knows how to take a system that is broken and exploit it over and over again to his benefit. Trump knows how to, you know, exploit things and take advantage of people and bully people. I don't know that it matters that much. I do just I feel like this is like one of those things where him not having these meetings could be like if that's the mainstream media is read and then there's like nine to eleven tomorrow, like they're not going to be prepared to be like he did this on purpose. You know, he is like he is that he's the bad guy, Like he is evil. He's not stupid, he's evil, Like he's doing these things on purpose.
Speaker 5: I mean it doesn't matter in destabilization.
Speaker 1: Right, right, yeah, I guess it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 1: I guess just getting people ready for what is coming. Like every every time people have like I feel like a lot of the coverage of Trump over the like as things have gone, like from him being a candidate who nobody took seriously to him being the president, that people were like, well, this guy doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, to him being like, you know, staging a coup and being like, well, now he's really fucked to like now he's this is this is.
Speaker 5: What it looks like. I mean, it's bizarre for me to watch this unfold as an Iranian because like this is the ship that happens in Iranian politics. You have to like make sure everyone in your family gets like gets pardoned ahead of time, right, you have to make sure everybody gets pardened ahead of time, because like the next person that comes in, it's never it's no more a peaceful transference of power. Right, Like everything is party politics, everything is thuggery, Everything is like who has the best thugs? Yea, you know, it's all like brute force and power and influence by brute force, and the stability that people have is what scares me. You know, like ice is hiring, ice is offering benefits. And when you start to have more and more families wholly dependent on fully corrupt aspects of government, and when more and more folks aren't able to divest because their families rely on it, you know, how are we going to navigate that? What's the movement we're going to look like? There? How do we make sure that we don't say yes to that? Folks aren't Americans aren't saying yes to jobs that are unlawful, illegal in their actions, right yeah.
Speaker 3: Well yep, yeah yeah. It's just like I think this is just going to be a long process. I think the best thing right now most people can do, or I mean, one thing I'm really trying to do in like telling other people family or whatever, is too psychologically prepare for these things, you know what I mean? Because that's if it hits you out of nowhere, then the full on effect of this shit is going it's going to have the intended effect that people like Elon Musk and Donald Trump wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Going to go along with it. You know, it's like it's really scared and like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Right, rather than being like, no, this, they're going to fucking pull some shit. Yeah, and when they do, just know that that is to either explain away the terrible situation, like their terrible way of governing, or explain away why we now must all walk through body scanners and whatever fucking contact whatever. Yeah, draconian nonsense they throw at us. But I think that's the other part too, is like as worrying as it is, it's kind of like I'm trying to feel like I just want to intellectually make sure that's at least on the table in my mind of things that are potential outcomes, because ignoring it feels like just totally perilous. Not to say I'm like gonna be out there and be like I'm prepping y'all, but just to know that there is a playbook. America wrote sixty percent of it, seventy percent of it, and you know, I.
Speaker 5: Would say the UK is even more infamous. Yeah, yeah, but is the response we turned it up a little bit. Yeah, I'm not gonna say we don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I say sixty percent, you know what I mean, I'll give it up to the Old Testament, which is British colonialism, and then and then we wrote the New Testament. That's right.
Speaker 5: We could be everywhere all at once, right, Yeah, it's really weird too, how internationally? Right, Like everywhere else? Is it? Everywhere else is like voting and leaning toward reform except North America?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, is that right?
Speaker 1: Not everywhere? I mean I think there was a lot of I think there was a lot of like backlash votes around the world, but Mexico certainly seemed to get it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there was definitely. Yeah, the neo Yeah, definitely they got served across the globe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Neil neoliberals did get served. I just I guess I'm thinking of it more as like, right, things moving right to be the trend, except in Mexico where they have had a consolidated like this is how you have to deal with neoliberalism. You have to have a daily press briefing that is three hours long and is just you, the president, talking directly to the people. Because the mainstream media will fuck up whatever you're trying to say and make shit up about you because they're part of like this, you know, this addiction to neoliberalism. So like you need to be thinking like so far outside of the you know what the American like you know, Democratic party kind of mainstream mainstream media apparatus would have you thinking, and yeah, it's it feels precarious right now. It feels bad, and like I do just feel like trying to stay laser focused on Their strategy is make things worse for people through damaging popes, through like straight up ignoring threats, and then use the crisis that results, whether it be plane crashes, whether it be you know, a terror attack, whether it be prices going out of control, to consolidate power and attack your enemies. And because there is no second party that is fighting back right now in any consolidated way, it's a it's a winning strategy for from now until I don't know, until someone else comes along and is like this is fucking bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I feel like the way like democrats in the mainstream media look at Trump like to your point of like look at look at these dummies. I mean, we say it too, but like in more as like gallows humor, but like that thrust. It's almost like, how like if there was like a bunch of auto mechanics and Trump came in and they're like, dude, he's cutting the brakes on these police cars. Like this guy doesn't know how to fix brakes, right, Yeah, he's trying to cut the fucking breaks as he's coming from a completely different perspective than you are, and you're looking at it through that framework rather than shifting gears and like, oh, we totally fucked up and let this aspiring fascist in and that's and now look at all of those moves through that context, rather than like the guy with the bad to pay comb over hair doesn't know how to do government, because now he's gooned up with the other people who've just been in their basements fucking writing their fantasy playbook of Project twenty twenty five. And you know they're the ones who've been thinking on it. He's just again the meat vessel.
Speaker 1: For it, that's right, all right. I think I think Elon Musk's son called him a meat vessel, and that that was the scariest shit meat vessel.
Speaker 3: That was the scariest.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of that press conference, and we talked about it.
Speaker 1: You need to go away, you need to if he got assassinated like today after that kid was just straight up being like, you need to disappear. Mother here. That kid, yo, like Elon Musk's spawn, I don't. I'm just saying, that kid.
Speaker 3: What's he saying? What's he saying? What's that kid overhearing? When he's like, Yo, little motherfucker, you ain't.
Speaker 1: You ain't the president bitch?
Speaker 3: Like that, you can just shut the fu up.
Speaker 1: He like zeroed in on the subtext of the press conference. The press conference was people being like, is Trump even the president? Or is it Elon Musk? And Elon Musk brings his son and then has his son whispering Trump's here.
Speaker 4: You ain't the president, bitch, you need the president? Whoop yours? Yeah, hey, little mama, come over here whisping here the president. You shouldn't be here.
Speaker 5: And then he picked his nose and made.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah, picked his nose and wiped it on the fucking desk, on Trump's desk like a straight up gangster. Go ahead, you know, yeah, I'm I'm absolutely here for it. Let's let's take a quick break. We got some AI updates. We'll be right back, and we're back, and so let's talk AI and something that AI appears to be good enough at that it is a threat. And I'm talking, of course about true crime documentaries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you know does case files.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm a big true crime case files YouTube fan. I'm a subscriber. Not only a media commentator, I'm also a member subscriber of true crime case files. This is a YouTube channel. A couple of documentaries last year that got like hundreds of thousands of views. There was, of course, the horrific story about a Littleton, Colorado man murdered by his step son with whom he'd had a sexual relationship. And people started to notice that they had used AI generated photos of the supposed murderers and victims, and that some of the names of the attorneys appeared to be invented, and that there were just like basic facts about the cities that were wrong. And if you if you look at the picture of like some of the people, they look like a yeah, like they're a Kendall come to life, like just straight up.
Speaker 3: Real weird skin, real weird. A lot would have said.
Speaker 1: That's because all of it was created by AI. The cases were totally fake. Four o four Media tracked down the guy behind the channel, which has now been shut down because he I don't know why. He was like yeah, and then like the guy was having sexual relationship with his son who was a child like but he he went for it and got shut down by YouTube because they were like, that's violates all sorts of terms of service, you creep. But he revealed the videos were made using chat GBT and an AI image service with some human edits.
Speaker 5: Folks, folks, and just pay for fiction.
Speaker 1: Right right? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, but I want to know that, like the actual child abuse is real. That's part of That's part of it for me. Oh yeah, jesus.
Speaker 3: The title, the title is it like reads like how AI thinks like it looks like a mix between porn hub and a podcast because the title that videos husband's secret gay love affair with step son ends in grisly murder parenthetical true crime documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn, do you think they're crawling? Like I know they're crawling YouTube, But do you think like chat GBT is also crawling pornhook?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm sure on some like the things you can probably gather, like the information you can learn about the human psyche from, like what's titillating to people on some level. I hope that would make cause I don't know what. I'd hope they're looking at porn.
Speaker 1: Hud damn it.
Speaker 3: That's a big spot for them if they don't.
Speaker 1: But he did want to emphasize, So this person who made this channel did want to emphasize he should be considered a filmmaker based on the fact that he spends a whole two and a half hours to quote, crank out a documentary sound like you're gooning, dude, and a half hour and a half hours of cranking yeah man, So yeah, like a filmmaker, he puts to it, puts the average run time of a feature film into making the film. The videos didn't divulge that their ai, but their maker defends the true crime label because this is I do love this genre true this uh this excuse true crime is a genre.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh that's very smart. Well, I can call it true crime because true crime genre because true Okay, So you can make up a story about Andrew Jackson and how I used to have sex with tree stumps and you call that historical nonfiction because genre. Yeah. I mean I'm down for Andrew jackson slander obviously, but I mean just like that idea, it's like, well I can, I can make lies even though it's indicating that it's not fiction because it's a genre. So I think it under really reveals just how stupid people are that like rely on AI to have any kind of career or make a contribution. Is that like they're like, the logic is so skewed. It's like, well, it's fine because that's just a genre. Yeah, people, does that make any sense?
Speaker 1: It does money off of it.
Speaker 5: I looked my elf up on Chad GPT.
Speaker 1: You looked yourself up, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because I teach these comedy classes, right, And I was like, oh, can I get a list of like a par no one liners, you know? And I got this whole list and I was like oh. And then I asked for Polavi one liners and I got this whole list and I was like, I wonder if I'm on there. And I got this whole list of one liners.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I never said these jokes, not a single one.
Speaker 5: I never said these And then I wrote to it. I don't think Zara norbaks she ever said these jokes, and it was like, yes, she did, and I was like, well, I'm Zara nor Baksh. I never said a shoke, now what And then it said, oh, Zora welcome.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, what a pleasure to have you.
Speaker 5: Yes, as an Ai blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, I write what humor you may have said jokes that are inspired by things.
Speaker 1: That you may have said. But at first was like, yes, you did this.
Speaker 5: And then I was like, but wait, you said that I did say these, and it said, I am Ai, and so I have no recollection of what I said previously.
Speaker 1: I just asked.
Speaker 3: I just asked, deep seek to give me some Zara nor box one one as an Iranian American I'm bilingual Farsi and explaining why I'm not a terrorist. My mom is another one too, my mom's idea of a PEP talk in Iran. You wouldn't even have this opportunity to fail.
Speaker 1: Damn seeks kind of good.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: Number three, I'm not number three. I'm not saying my family is traditional, but my dad still thinks VPN stands for a very Persian Network.
Speaker 5: All right, that was I'll just say I said that. I'll just say I said that.
Speaker 1: I never said that's so wild.
Speaker 5: And then when I pressed it, like it just said it said, I am an entertainment app.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They just had a Super Bowl ad claiming, or at least Google did, claiming that they could write the copy for your marketing campaign using like their research, and then like this is the what the Guda reference was?
Speaker 3: O top.
Speaker 1: They had a thing a fact in their Super Bowl ad where this dairy farmer who was like, I'm all thumbs when it comes to write and copy, but Google AI helps me with that. The copy contained the fact that Guda comprises fifty to sixty percent of cheese consumption worldwide, which like any human brain knows, is increase. Like that Guda is not that fucking populat. But it's when you call CHADGBT out or like any of these out, they are confident, they'll deny, deny, and then they'll be like, I'm fucking so sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm just I don't know what I.
Speaker 5: Was doing this entertainment. This is what Fox News did and how Fox News got away with their shit. They say they're entertainment and that they're not real information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then write like really self critically and cogently about why they got it wrong.
Speaker 5: Well, and then companies use them. You know what I'm saying, there's no quality control on this, Like companies just use them. People just use them. Yeah, that's real information, and then apologize later.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this person's first attempt at using AI to just like shit out some content was AI generated Hallmark Christmas movies and nobody watched those.
Speaker 3: Oh my fucking stupid ass.
Speaker 1: This is a horrible indictment of true crime. That like, they tried Hallmark Christmas movies and people were like, we can tell that this sucks. But then they were like, I don't know, shout out like some fake true crime something or other and they were people were like, whoa just pop and popcorn?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? His thought process was like, all right, well, nobody wanted the step Son gay rom com Hallmark movie that murder. Maybe make that a true crime documentary chat like promotion, but it still has to be step son step dad stuff. That's my only thing. It's my only thing. They didn't like it as a holiday movie, oh, but they like it as true crime Fisherman, Romance and Reindeer.
Speaker 5: Can I randomly complain that incest headlines have really ruined porn for me? Yeah, there'll be some great porn out there. And I'm like, why why do we have to be related?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: What is I mean? We've all we always talk about like the weird step son daughter step child ship that's always happening. I'm like, it just it has to be just like the scars of the just like unfathomable divorce rates of like the nineties and eighties or something, right, right, and like everyone had having like going into blended families or something. Why can't just be like my parents be alone? Okay, don't mess me up with those step kids stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He has argued that his videos are more ethical than other true crime products because he's not exploiting any real victims and so yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm exploiting the viewer, but so is true crime. The DA of the Littleton, Colorado, where the story supposedly took place, was annoyed and claimed the fake video will so distrust of the carceral system. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Again, we certainly don't want to undermine our belief in the carceral system and our criminal punishment.
Speaker 1: What our writer Jam was pointing out that this is obviously just the beginning and will probably extend to AI videos about real cases, which is probably gonna be way worse because true crime documentaries are telling a story that already happened, so AI can crank out a video with minimal human involvement. And he actually found like there's this channel, true Crime Cases Studio that throws together like twenty minute documentaries using AI generated narration and like six or seven photos tops. They just like find the victim's photo, find the perpetrator's photo, and then just like tell the story while like cutting between their faces and then the house where the crime took place. And I watched one of these that has over a million views, and it is so good. No, it's terrible, but it's like it's wild. How yeah, they just were like shit one of these out and it's I see how it delivers the thing that people are looking for from true crime. It's just like a slow retelling of a real horrific crime again that involved like you know, underage sec like that this one was like a real story where like a neighbor. You don't, I don't need to tell the details. But anyways, it was a fucking horrifying killing that involved like somebody walking in on his wife and a neighbor child telling it. You're telling all right, sorry, I can't stop. It's just in fact, in my brain, I can't tell it. But it's like about this guy.
Speaker 5: Here's a detailed rundown of the plot.
Speaker 3: All right, here's the log line first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's just it feels like this is what AI. This is like a use of AI that is probably going to be successful, you know, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Well because there's there's opportunity in it too.
Speaker 3: I think that's that's when it gets really dark, is when people are like, oh I can benefit from this rather than just like my usual sewing chaos, like, oh I might be able to get some ads Google ad Sense money from this, right right?
Speaker 1: Any semblance of artistry in favor of injecting raw, grizzly details directly into people's brains over photographs of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, instead, just watch guys. You're on YouTube, check out the daily Ze Guys video episodes. That's exactly just as disturbing, equally grizzly equally grizzly rifeless steps on ship. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You also, I feel like this is the beginning of a whole other subgenre of the Daily zeet. I feel like, obviously we need to just like generate as much true crime.
Speaker 1: Yes, little true crime. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like we just need to get that out there, the.
Speaker 1: True crime hits, or we just become a rewatch podcast for the latest AI true crime. Sh Well, Zara, what a pleasure having you? Where can people find you? Follow you? All that good stuff.
Speaker 5: I've been working on some Elon Musk and Trump steps on porn Okay, yeah, sort of alternate reality where Trump is Elon Musk's step.
Speaker 1: Son, Trump is Elon Musk's step son.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they sort of what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: I would ask you the same thing.
Speaker 3: Wait, I thought, Wait, okay, never mind, I don't even want to. I don't even I don't even access that part of my brain. I'm just gonna I won't even improvise on that.
Speaker 5: One side step that carefully, don't I am. Also, I'm performing stand Up Again March fifth, International Woman's Day. Come listen to talk about vaginas and more to fundraise for SAO. It's virtual Okay, I'm gonna send you all the link to come hang out with us. Your your money is going to go to a good cause. And uh what what else can I tell you? What else am I doing? I'm going to be teaching classes again soon, so hop on my newsletter at my website's are a comedy dot com and I'm looking for a nanny if that's something you do some Yeah, you know what, I stopped saving people. I'm nobody savior.
Speaker 1: Good for you. I get that Hezar is there working media you've been.
Speaker 5: Enjoying, Okay, thoroughly. I just want to double plug You're of the Tiger by Alice Wong, Hijabi Butch Blues, Hijab Butch Blues by uh Lamia h pseudonym uh and Feminist kill Joy Handbook by Sarah Ahmed, because everybody's out there talking about Joy Joy Joy and I just love that she's like feminist kill Joy. I'm like, yeah, here for it. Phenomenal book. Phenomenal book. Check it out.
Speaker 1: Trying fucking reading as I'm trying Mark Smarter over here, trying and.
Speaker 5: Other than that, a lot of X files over here. I just dip my head in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, I'll be the smoking man right miles. Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Find me at Miles of Gray every You can also find Jack and Out of the Basketball podcast Jack on My Boozy. You can also find me on four to twenty where I talk ninety day fiance. A little work of social media I like is from at Actioncookbook dot Com on Blue Sky and they said, looking back, alll had it right. Thirty hours of internet per month was the right amount.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just knock it off. Anything over that, knock it, knock it off.
Speaker 3: Knock it off, Hey, knock it off.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian and on Blue Sky at Jack ob the number one working media I've been enjoying. Aura at a you are a O n X on Twitter tweeted Stages of plant ownership. I'm gonna take such good care of you.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was accurate. Oh no, oh no one, I'm gonna take such good care of you two. Oh no, that's the only times I perceive plants very confident. I'm about to uh about to be a gardener up in this bitch, and they.
Speaker 3: Just disaster folks.
Speaker 1: Happy Poundtown Day, Get Poundtown Day to everybody. We hope you're out there finding love, experience in love, get true crime videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist and on Blue Sky at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zekeist dot com. Or post our episodes and our footnotes. You can also find the footnotes wherever you listen to this. Just check out the description of the episode. That's where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy that we can link off to it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is perfect Poundtown music. If you need a Poundtown soundtrack tonight, I highly suggest Quincy Jones is Walking in Space album. It's fantastic. It's Quincy Jones obviously is one of the greats when it comes to these compositions arrangements, and this track is called Love and Peace, which is great, a great thing for something on Poundtown, Poundtown Eve or the Night of Poundtown. So yes, check this one out. Love and Peace by Quincy Jones. It's just nice, beautiful instrumental music, beautifully arranged. It feels like love and peace, which is something we're lacking.
Speaker 1: Backing, all right, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Days is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio Wrap, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning and for this week. We're back on Monday with a whole last episode of the show to tell you what was trending over the weekend. We have a recap of the moments you missed. If you didn't listen to every single episode from this week driving tomorrow, how dare you? Yeah? Unacceptable, But we we do put out this weekend episode just for the slackers, but until Monday. Oh, actually we're off Monday, right, yep, all right. We will be honoring our president on Monday for President.
Speaker 3: National Day of Protest, our President Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, there, we go, National Day of Protests. Get out in these streets. So we're back on Tuesday to tell you what was trending over the weekend, and we will talk to you all then bye bye.
Speaker 5: Wherever you are, I love you, M