Speaker 1: Oh, hey, Danielle, Hi, welcome to Serial Killer.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. I did any breakfast on purpose today.
Speaker 1: Hey, I gotta play you because Andrew wants nothing to do with this theme song because he said it's too long and nobody cares. Okay, so a listener had this made on SONO. I guess it's called on It's some AI crap that you do online. Our listener Megan made this. I love it, Scott Andrew.
Speaker 3: They start today balls in hand and the Crunch on display, Marshmallow dreams and Flakes that Shine, reviewing cereals one by at the time they say.
Speaker 4: Crunch when milk is the ball, debate sound.
Speaker 3: Flavor that's out of control, figgering, Buddy's bunching. No, their real cereal killers sealed breakfast deal.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it goes off for like, does he like that? Because he's he just can't. He's like nobody. They have no whatever his generation is. I don't millennial.
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell you a generation if I tripped over a gent Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the millennials. They have a very short attention span. He's always on the phone, he can he can't pay attention to anything. It's got to be done in like five seconds or it's too long, you know. So that's that's how they are anyway. Oh, it's Danielle here instead of Andrew. Andrew was not here today.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a reason though.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, because he's so busy.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a different reason.
Speaker 1: Well, he's so busy. And also you'll appreciate these serials way more than Andrew. So you're a huge Wicked fan. Yes, with the Broadway movies, all kinds of everything.
Speaker 2: You know, I am team Alphaba.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't even know what that means. That means I'm team Green, I don't know, but okay, so it really quickly explained. Okay, so it's it's a take on the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it is. Actually it's actually yeah from it's actually what happened before Dorothy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a prequel I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what they call it. So yeah, so it's kind of like what happened leading up to Dorothy, and you learn who becomes the tin Man, who becomes the Scarecrow, who becomes the Lion. If you've seen the Broadway show, you know the answers. If you've only seen in the first part of Wicked, because that's all that was out in the theaters. You only you don't know that yet, so once the second part of the movie comes out, you'll learn all those things.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, so, yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's good. And a couple of weeks ago, I sent Danielle this special thing from General Mills because are coming out with all these Wicked, Wicked themed products. There's two cereals, there's cake pops, there's cookie mixes at all. So I was a target and I saw both Wicked cereals. Danielle said, she only wants the not apple one.
Speaker 2: I want to the green.
Speaker 1: You wanted the green, but.
Speaker 2: I told you I'm team Alphaba, but I will I will try both. Do we have both?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So this is this is a yeah.
Speaker 2: Alpha ba really say you really don't know anything? No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I hear you talk about it all the time.
Speaker 2: Alpha Alphaba is green, and and the whole concept is you know why Alphaba is the way she is, and and if you know the story, you know she's really not wicked.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so she's the wicked witch and then the other one is the good witch.
Speaker 2: Right, so Glinda she that's Glinda got it all right?
Speaker 1: So General Mills came out with this cereal. It's in stores now, and I love that. And the interesting thing is, so it's it's caramel apple they do or they had another caramel apple cereal, so this they probably still have, Like it's probably the exactly the same thing. Yes, So Carmela Creeper is the monster cereal that they put out last year. Yeah, and that was the new monster that they came out with, and that was a caramel apple cereal, and so this is basically going to be the same thing, just without the market.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the flavor of Glinda's.
Speaker 1: I think it's some berry something auld Yeah, so I bought your special milk today because we don't want you to have an accident in your car the way home.
Speaker 2: Do you know? To hear a funny story. So I went into Panera the other day and I ordered myself a little coffee and I wanted almond milk. Soon as I drank it, I knew right away was not almond milk that they put it in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long did it take?
Speaker 2: I just threw the coffee away because I started just feeling right away not right yeah, like if you're.
Speaker 1: A lactose in tolerant, like, how long does it take? Is it immediate?
Speaker 2: It? For I think it might be different for every everybody. For me, it was like it's kind of like a it just take a while and it's just a rumbling that starts and then I just don't feel right and I'm yeah.
Speaker 1: See, now do you think people grow out of it? Because Cooper was was very very lactose intolerant as a kid, like she would eat ice cream and go boom right away. I guess maybe, but now you know what it is. I think now she's just like, you know what, I don't care. I like ice cream. I'll just go blow up the bathroom.
Speaker 2: S I can eat ice cream. It's weird. I'm not one hundred percent of lactose and tolerate. It's just I have sensitivities. I think, okay, and that's it.
Speaker 1: See. I think it's different for everybody because ice cream is kind of okay for her, but like straight up milk I have. So I'll go back to the fridge here and pull.
Speaker 2: Out let me smell this. Oh it smells caramelole.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to. And see there and they're little they're pelletts. They they actually you know what they look like the the little macarooms that they sell on the mall at the little Kiosky. They are like little baby ones, right, isn't that crazy? They do? And it's weird. It's a different shape that I've never seen from General Mills before. They're not quite like your cocoa puffs.
Speaker 2: And what look it matches the milk.
Speaker 1: Look at that it's green. So it's one percent lactose free milk we're using today.
Speaker 2: I thank you. Okay, let's see we don't have a milk sponsor again, No.
Speaker 1: Not yet, working on it. Once Andrew finally gives me the numbers I've been asking before. Maybe I can get reach out to Tuscan.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what? It takes almost like tricksy kind of Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't really taste the caramel though, do you.
Speaker 1: I don't need it. This tastes like tricks to me. It tastes like a weak tricks with just maybe a hint of apple.
Speaker 2: I don't even taste the apple.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's interesting, m M. I would take no, you know what, I just got apple? Yeah. I think it's just the way that it crunches in your mouth if it hit a certain part of your tongue. I did get the essence of green apple for a second. I mean it's okay. It would be way better if there was marshmallows in it.
Speaker 2: H m hmm. And they're totally could have, but like marshmallows look a little you know, cowardly, lion, a little scary.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. So you I've always wondered, like, what's the process for new cereals. Do they all sit around a boardroom table and be like, hey, Smith, taste this, you know, and they come up within the lab and they kind of pass it around.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I would have given this a little more flavor. Yeah, it doesn't have much flavor.
Speaker 1: Or maybe even some like caramel marshmallow pieces of something right that. Yeah, I mean it's good, it's average. I'll give it to three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I'll give it three balls.
Speaker 1: Three balls. Yeah, okay. So, uh, it's weird because we only have two cereals in this episode. Yeah, it's gonna be a short episode. So what we'll do is we'll take a quick break and we will come back right after this. Hi, I'm WILVERD. Brimley, and I've had diabetes for about twenty years. We'll see I have to wear the commercials. Well, no, they're playing. They just played. I don't play them here. Okay, the thing does it by itself.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's why I fast forward those.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I've noticed in some podcasts you cannot do that anymore. Oh really, yeah, I believe me. I tried. There was there was I figured what I was. I think it was Gandhi's. I was listening the sauce on the side, and it would not let me fast forward the commercials.
Speaker 2: I wonder why, hmmmm.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe the lesser podcasts you can blow right through them.
Speaker 2: They're getting they're getting you know, savvy, right.
Speaker 1: The podcast that make more money than this one does you have to listen to the commercials. That's how they make their money.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: All right, so I'm gonna go back to the cereal sack on the table here.
Speaker 2: Okay? Oh sorry, Oh my god, why would you be Oh my gosh, your leg's gonna fall off.
Speaker 1: So my leg is still all wrapped up because of my you know, my big sports injury. A couple of weeks ago. I was running a tripped over that route. All right. So this is Glinda Goodberry. So she's the good Witch, and this is good Barry Glinda.
Speaker 2: Although you say the gut but now now she's dropped the gus.
Speaker 1: Did you just say Glinda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Glinda, But once you watch the movie or see the show, you know that she at one point drops the guh and it's just Glinda. Oh there's a reason.
Speaker 1: I guess I gotta get into the.
Speaker 2: Feeling that I'm going to enjoy the flavor of this one more. You know.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's going to be a stronger, stronger flavor because berry is much easier to do than apple. There's no greater beauty than kindness, says Glinda. And you can cut this out and hang it on your wall. You know, I'll give you this one. What's I'm done with the box. I'm going to give you Alphabuff for your.
Speaker 2: Dak, thank you very much. I'm going to put Alpha at my desk. Awesome.
Speaker 1: So these are probably a pretty limited edition. See Wicket for Good and Yeah. Okay, so it's a movie. It's a movie serial, but.
Speaker 2: It doesn't come out until November.
Speaker 1: The second half well, they want to sell the product, all right, got you? So I've only I only saw these in family size. I don't know if they come in the regular size.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are big. Let it say, why don't I smell flowers? I'm trying to think of what it smells.
Speaker 1: It does, it's it's reminiscent of another.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's the what's the isn't there.
Speaker 1: A Halloween one that's pink Frankenberry.
Speaker 2: Frankenberry. Maybe that's it and.
Speaker 1: Those will be in stories. Oh my god, did you hear about the new Monster cereal box? So you've got the Frankenberry, your couch Chocolate, and your blue and your Booberry. They're all Jim Henson muppets. This year Jim Henson literally created muppets of them. Yeah, it is, well, not Jim Henson, he's dead, but you know, Jim Henson's a workshop. Yeah, I'm trying to I think you're right. I do believe that this is probably the same as Frankenberry. These are probably just.
Speaker 2: Your corns, same thing they have the little they look like they look like the macaroons.
Speaker 1: See for me for a jew a macaroon? Is that you know the coconut things that come in the cans, but the macary I guess you're saying the same. But the macaroons that you buy in the mall are the little almost whoopy pie looking. Oh, I'm sorry your.
Speaker 2: Milk you're holding out over here? Okay, all right, hey, let's say so.
Speaker 3: Exciting hmmm mm hmmm, Doug Francnberry, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is such a ripoff because Alphaba over here is Carmela Creeper, which did not come back out this year, and Glinda Goodberry. This is Frankenberry. So this is frank and Burry without the marshmallows. And everything's better with marshmallows. But this of the two, this one's much better. I'm gonna give this one four balls. I like the flavor. I am a Frankenberry fan. Marshmallows would have made it five. So four balls for this.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is good.
Speaker 1: Although you're you're cheating on your your girl.
Speaker 2: I know I love my Alphaba, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: Oh, this one says make every dream take flight.
Speaker 2: Alphaba.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm so excited that you came in today. I hope Andrew is not mad that I had you sit in here.
Speaker 2: I don't think will it be I don't know, you know, does he get mad?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, then I think you'll be fine. I appreciate you inviting me.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you so much for being sorry.
Speaker 2: There's not as much fighting as normal in here.
Speaker 1: Well, because I like you.
Speaker 2: You like Andrew too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's all right.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Check us out on Instagram at serial Killers PC.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago, I was at Costco with my daughter and found those two cereals back there that I had no idea were even coming out from Kellogg's. So those will be coming soon, and and like and follow and subscribe and check this video out on YouTube if you want to see Danielle and I eating these cereals. It's not going to be. Actually, you know something, the videos that Andrew have been putting up, the quality not so great. He just uses his laptop. The camera's kind of crap, you know, his dirty, greasy fingers always on the camera.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is so great.
Speaker 1: Oh it's way it's way better. I mean, it's on my phone. I probably did it the wrong way. I think you're supposed to do it the other way. Or is that not a thing anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't freaking know why you asked me questions.
Speaker 1: I don't know. All right, Well, thank you for listening to Serial Killers, very much appreciated. You have it. You don't have a podcast, do you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Are you supposed to?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Were you gonna? So?
Speaker 2: Andrew really wants me to have a podcast, and he's been like, we need to figure out something. So we have been talking about something. We'll see if it happens, but no, as of right now, I do not well have a podcast.
Speaker 1: That'll just be one more reason for him to not be able to record with me because he's so busy. Because with my podcast, that's the problem. He's busy with all these other podcasts. A man, ten o'clock, can you record?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: Busy, Nope, busy.
Speaker 2: Well, he's always recording somebody else's podcast. He always sits in and helps them.
Speaker 1: But why can't he do it a half hour later? Just come he do this at ten and do that later inconvenience the other people.
Speaker 2: This is obviously I mean, how many episodes have you recorded?
Speaker 1: Now? This is a three hundred and ninety.
Speaker 2: Eight, so he's obviously recording with you.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, but I mean he pushes us to the back burner. At this point, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it either.
Speaker 1: I may need a new co host.
Speaker 2: Oh you say that every time.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for listening to Serial Killers. Until we see you Monday with an all new episode. Maybe Andrew will be here, maybe not. We'll see say Crunch, Danielle Cunch. Thank you.