Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Ryan.
Speaker 1: Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest Morning morning.
Speaker 2: You know it's funny I thought of both you sic and Utania on my way in this morning. You know, when you're driving in and it's dark and there are a few cars on the road early in the morning, do you and you put up to an intersection and there's only one car next to you, do you look over?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Wow, that says a lot, doesn't it. Not this look over?
Speaker 1: Not this early in the morning.
Speaker 5: Maybe like on a on a hot summer day when it's like two pm and the sunshine and there's a nice song on the radio.
Speaker 2: Those of you now listening at this hour, pulling up to an intersection or a stoplight next to somebody and there's not many cars there yet look at them?
Speaker 1: How does that feel? Believe it or not. I'm not a morning person. Very early in the morning.
Speaker 5: I need I need, you know, all my routines to kind of click into place until I actually get here and turn on you after multiple routine exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: No, I just think like I feel a bond, like hey, we're both in it, Like we're in we're getting something done this morning.
Speaker 5: No, because they're in it and I'm in it, and I don't need to be in whatever they're in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't really do it either, to be honest. Wow, yeah, I'm kind of in the zone's.
Speaker 5: Actually, Tanya, because your game for me, you're kind of like an airplane talker and all that I would picture Tanya being.
Speaker 1: Doing this morning.
Speaker 4: I don't know that i'd want to fly beside you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I am an airplane talker, but with cars, I'm not so much of a chatty kathy.
Speaker 2: I'll even hold up my paper cup of coffee sometimes and sale like, Yeah, I don't know, I feel like a bond if like when you're when you get a jump on the day and you see other people getting a jump on the day, then you're kind of in it.
Speaker 6: But you know, a lot of things can't happen in the car. Remember mister will Shure, I met him on Wilshow Boulevard and he rolled down the window and.
Speaker 7: Got my number.
Speaker 1: Yea, But what time was that at?
Speaker 7: That was a Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 5: I'm seeing Yeah, different different minds, Yeah, different minds, that's true.
Speaker 1: Like I cut it. I cut a school bus off this morning. Oh no, that mean to be fair, we.
Speaker 5: Were getting on the on ramp and it was in front of me and there was two lanes, and I'm like, this buzz is gonna be super slow, and so I went on the right lane and I went around it.
Speaker 4: But you didn't cut it off. I just cut it off.
Speaker 1: But I sped up in front of it, and.
Speaker 4: You're that person in the double on ramp and.
Speaker 1: Speeds up the Giants School.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was stuck behind a school bus on cold Water the whole way over.
Speaker 2: I was like, what was the make? Was it International? Who made the busy.
Speaker 1: Yellow school bus? I wonder if the same one?
Speaker 4: Mark? Did you appreciate that?
Speaker 2: I actually looked to see if they're made by International, because I think that bus maker is cool.
Speaker 1: What what are you guys talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, because when I was a kid, I like to go on the buy and stay on the bus for the second load. And we got a new bus one year at the school and was made by a company called International, and they make a cool I think they make cool school buses.
Speaker 4: Ours were the cool ones were made by Bluebird.
Speaker 2: You guys did have a flat front because they have a lot of flat fronts.
Speaker 1: No never could tell you the make of a school bus. Not interesting.
Speaker 2: I was fascinated by the school bus and my favorite part of the bus wash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's okay, fine, but you know that the air brak Yeah, okay, air branks.
Speaker 1: Always love it.
Speaker 4: Well, we just get to peel the onion and learn a little bit more about each other every morning.
Speaker 1: I learned a lot about you. Have you seen that school? Oh my gosh, this is so scary that they can take it this far.
Speaker 2: Basically, I'm already on the edge of my seat about charging my phone in ride shares. I'm already not answering phone calls from foreign numbers. I'm already not responding to emails that say you don't get one from me often. I'm already not believing voice and things because of AI and chat, GDP, GPT, Right.
Speaker 4: Why is that so funny? What is it sand for?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 4: MIKAELA Ruby? What's it sand for?
Speaker 1: We know on exactly? We know once we ask it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it may lie all right, So five years ago we barely even heard of QR codes, and then the pandemic kit and they're everywhere.
Speaker 4: Restaurants still use them, and I don't love them.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I have a menu now, I'm like, guys, I don't even know how to work.
Speaker 4: It's still so go ahead, Sysney, what do we learn?
Speaker 5: So they're basically scamming with QR codes now, and it's a little scary because they're everywhere that you wouldn't think that they'd be scamming you normal places like parking meters for example, So many meters already have QR codes on them. You would think you would just go to scan it and then you'd pay on the city's website. Well, scammers are putting stickers different codes over the actual QR code, and then when you go to scan that, you go to the scammer's website and then you put in all your info there.
Speaker 4: So now never going to QR code again.
Speaker 7: Well, go and just see.
Speaker 1: If there's a sticker over it. I guess all right, So that's parking meters, So yes, that's that one.
Speaker 5: And then parking tickets are also becoming an issue because you get to your car and you might see that there's a parking ticket on your windshield, but in reality it's a fake parking ticket and that has a QR code on it as well that says you can pay your parking ticket right here, just scan this QR code and it'll pay it to the quote unquote city, when in reality it's not. It's a scam and you just paid sixty bucks to nowhere?
Speaker 1: What about?
Speaker 2: So when I so, I, you know, I went the other day on Beverly. I went to Creation because the one's the one where you can sit down on the turf in the cafe bake Grass, and I was so excited to go order a bowl and like a fresh made one, and they said they stopped serving off the out of the kitchen at two and I got there at five. And you ever get someplace and they've closed the menu, and you're so like, I found parking.
Speaker 4: I found parking.
Speaker 2: I walked in and they were like, oh, the kitchen closed it two three hours ago. But anyway, I saw the QR codes and I was gonna, you know, I could QR code whatever I wanted. But now I'm gonna think twice when I go to a kitchen that's not open.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing, because it's also happening at restaurants, and I think when it comes to restaurants, you just have to make sure that you don't see a little sticker because they're just putting stickers over the QR codes.
Speaker 1: So yeah, watch so sketch and it's the same thing.
Speaker 5: It'll basically it'll put like a malware on your phone and that's like a virus or whatever, and it'll just be able to get all the info off of your phone.
Speaker 4: Do you know what the solution is? Heedra? Heedra is the solution. You explain that, please Hydra googling Heedra.
Speaker 2: That is the solute with because this is all going to keep going. I just saw something on the news about the big talks among all the powerful CEOs in the world is about Ai and you know AI good and Ai bad?
Speaker 7: Spell it h y d r A.
Speaker 4: What did you find?
Speaker 6: A serpent or monster in Greek mythology?
Speaker 1: No, no, that's not.
Speaker 5: It spontaneously occurring tumors in different wild derived strains of Heedra.
Speaker 2: Nohedra's an island in Greece. So do Hedra Greece? Well you should, Well, maybe I spelled it wrong.
Speaker 1: You did spell it.
Speaker 5: Wrong, that's right, okay, Hedra or Edra or Edra and the car free island.
Speaker 2: It's a car free island in Greece. So it's an island in the middle of the ocean with no cars.
Speaker 1: I like that. People love it.
Speaker 4: That's the only place we're safe.
Speaker 1: Take me there, baby.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, it's the only place for safe.
Speaker 1: Were so bored after a week.
Speaker 2: We need the on Airthryan Seacrest brought to you by Postmates.
Speaker 4: Greek Isles. Oh my goodness, studio.
Speaker 1: Can't get scam then.
Speaker 4: You can fish for your own fish. No scams, no qrs.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you, guys, I'm solutions oriented this morning.
Speaker 1: And can't raise my kids on an island.
Speaker 4: You can, and you will have to. So this just came out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: But we got a call from Judy right follow on this about spousal lies.
Speaker 4: Do you lie to your spouse about something?
Speaker 2: She told us that she loves listening on the IET radio app to us, but she had to lie to her husband so he would pay for more data on the cell phone plan. She told him their rates would double unless he paid for extra data. So but she didn't tell him she was doing it so she could listen to this show. I don't know how long that relationship is gonna lie. What happens when he finds out, but we got into thinking about it.
Speaker 4: So what are you lying to your spouse about?
Speaker 2: This is from Tony who went into the iHeartRadio out and hit the talkback button.
Speaker 8: Hey, Ryan, sistany Kanya is Tony from Virginia Beach. I don't tell my wife that I watched Selling Sunset.
Speaker 4: That he watches what telling Sunset.
Speaker 8: I want to keep us certain image of myself in her mind. I think that'll kind of tarnish it. So yeah, don't tell her. Thanks.
Speaker 1: I think she would think she would love.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Then, by the way, how romantic he wants to keep a certain image in his wife's mind about him who he is and he doesn't want to blow that romance.
Speaker 4: Good on you, it's beautiful now.
Speaker 2: Deanna's calling here eight hundred two seven, Good morning, Deanna.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: I good?
Speaker 9: Thank you about?
Speaker 2: I'm just loving these lies that we're telling significant others.
Speaker 4: So what is it you like about?
Speaker 9: I will lie to my husband and tell him that I didn't know that the baby poop. I can relate to that I didn't check, and so you know, five minutes later, not even five minutes later, you'll go check and.
Speaker 2: Wait, So you guys know that there's poop there, but you just wait for him to change it.
Speaker 5: Or like the baby had just come to you, right, Like she come to you and you're like playing with her for two seconds, right, and then you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, go talk to daddy, and then she goes. It's like, right when she goes to daddy, she goes to daddy, he was like, oh, do you have poop?
Speaker 10: Poo?
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh, she must have poop, and then he picks her up, and then he goes and changes there and he always will. Good.
Speaker 9: It gets me out of a lot of type of changes.
Speaker 1: Hey, we did a lot for the first nine months. I think it's fair.
Speaker 9: I have to admit though, I kind of just outed myself because he popped his head in the room. Right now, I've added myself. Luckily, we're to the potty training phase now, So.
Speaker 4: Wait, popped in the baby or your husband.
Speaker 5: My husband, No, Deana, it is not over soon because the potty training phase, they're on the bathroom and then they're gonna call for you to come and wipe them and that's all.
Speaker 9: I have an older six year old as well, so very familiar. But so I'm trying to bypass all of the diaper phase because both of them want nothing to do with Dad in the bathroom. It's always mom that has to go.
Speaker 1: To We rock paper scissors and we're on the couch.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, Deanna, thanks for listening to us. You take care of but bye.
Speaker 1: Kiss.
Speaker 4: What do you lie to your spouse about? How fun is this?
Speaker 1: Sophie? What do you lie to your spouse about?
Speaker 11: Hi, guys, morning, dear friend.
Speaker 9: I love all of you guys so much.
Speaker 11: So who's your favorite that's not there?
Speaker 4: I'm easy got So.
Speaker 11: I actually work for a plastic surgeon. I have for like fourteen years. I've been with my husband for about ten of those years. And you know, one day we were watching TV and a commercial came on for Jupiter and which is a filler, and you know they're saying what it's for, and then but what all the risks are? And he just turns to me like, Wow, I'm just so glad that you don't do any of that stuff to you. And I've literally been doing it like since I've known him. I don't know how he doesn't know. I just stay silent.
Speaker 4: Oh will you tell him?
Speaker 11: I mean, he knows now that I at least do like botox. It's because I mean, I feel like there's no way he could notice. But I just kind of kept the filler thing to myself because he was so concerned about it. I worried.
Speaker 2: Amazing, we won't tell and you look great. Thanks Sophie for calling it right. Uh, that's a funny one. So if you got what does Michael know about your peop?
Speaker 9: What do you do?
Speaker 5: I've only done botox, but I don't tell him when I go and get it done, so he doesn't. He can't tell, like, but why because I don't need to, Like, I don't if he if he notices, fine, but he never notices.
Speaker 2: He needs the largest water jug that's ever been made.
Speaker 4: Gallons are in there.
Speaker 1: It's one gallon. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: And you carry that around?
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: Do you pee all day? I don't.
Speaker 5: I mean, yes, I do. We all should pee all day by the way, I know, but it's so inconvenient peean all day.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I get to the station in the morning, I don't leave here until about four thirty PM, so I don't carry this around all day. It comes in the studio and then it goes to my desk.
Speaker 2: Once you went you in the bathroom at the studio. So I walked out of the studio in Burbank to use the bathroom, and I was going to the one that's close it's like in our wing. And Tanya said that was soap. Well, I said, where are you going? She goes to the bathroom. I oh, do you want me to?
Speaker 1: It was weird. I'm like, do you want me to go first? You want to go? You go first.
Speaker 7: It's actually nice. You were gentleman. You offered to let me go first.
Speaker 2: But it's weird when there's a bathroom thing because it's not like he maybe on what your business is, maybe you don't don't go first mine right, Like it's a little tricky. So I said, would you like to use it first? You want me to go? And she's like, no, I don't use that one.
Speaker 7: I don't like to use.
Speaker 5: I don't like to use that one that much either, because they don't ever refill the soap. It's and it also like smells in there sometimes it has a funky smell.
Speaker 7: It smells like sitting water.
Speaker 4: Well, why don't we have the building maintenance address this put soaping?
Speaker 8: They do?
Speaker 4: Where did you go you left.
Speaker 1: We go to like the there's one that has multiple stalls.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like the women's restroom.
Speaker 2: I thought you went to the fourth floor. I asked Easton to grab me a bottle of water. Where'd he go for an hour? The fourth floor? No, you don't have any water either.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought they gave us like free breakfast at one point. Now I got to go to another floor to get water. And the toilet smells like a sock. Nick, I blame you.
Speaker 1: Don't blame Nick. It's the one person not to blame. All right? Is this the hack? Yes, sir, all right, it is time for the hack. I didn't think it will offend some people. You're right, all right?
Speaker 2: So this I'm only saying it because I keep seeing it and this might offend some This will offend people, but it's not me. I'm just messaging it, and I think it's a bunch of bs. So why am I doing it? Well, there's a theory going around that you should not date people with this first initial because they're toxic.
Speaker 4: Toxic?
Speaker 7: Okay, well, what's the initial?
Speaker 2: Men whose names start with J and women's name who start with M, beware of them.
Speaker 1: Do you have a few m x's, Ryan.
Speaker 4: A few like a.
Speaker 7: Wait, let's think does.
Speaker 1: No no?
Speaker 4: Is there an M no?
Speaker 1: Ms? Okay, okay, we don't know why.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could read more, but I didn't read the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Jay, I don't think I've dated any guys.
Speaker 1: It's the letter J Today's squad. Here we go.
Speaker 4: You don't always have to tell your side of the story. Time will that's right?
Speaker 5: Headlines Well, the driverless taxi company Waimo is expanding in La, adding service near Sofi Stadium in Inglewood and the Howard Hughes Shopping Center in Westchester. Survivors of the La County wildfires have until Monday to apply for federal and state programs offering disaster relief aid. Yolanda Saldivar, the woman who killed singer Selina Kintania, was denied parole days before the thirtieth anniversary of the shooting, which is on Monday. And Dodger fans paid a pretty penny for opening Day, as LA's home opener was the most expensive ticket in all of baseball and the World champs beat the Tigers five to four yesterday.
Speaker 2: We are bringing in je Marie. Maybe you don't know that name, but you will.
Speaker 4: Jay Marie, who's on American Idol on Sunday night, eight o'clock ABC stream on Hulu. Hi, j Marie, Hi?
Speaker 12: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Ryan?
Speaker 4: I am great? You look like a superstar.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I try so I got to tell you Jay Marie auditioned for American Idol. A lot of people we meet say and never thought I would do it, or I just didn't think I had a shot, or in jay Marie's case, which is why I wanted to talk to her again, because you got emotional about your audition and about people shutting you down and telling you no, and you couldn't do things. And I think, I know, Tanya and I have been in that position. Have you been in that position since you were good enough?
Speaker 4: You will not make it. I've been told you will not make.
Speaker 5: It until I got to kiss. Everyone says your no to me. So many doors closed.
Speaker 4: So talk about that a little bit, Jay Marie, and how you got through it.
Speaker 12: Honestly.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I grew up with like I knew I could sing right, and people would tell me, like Jay, you could sing, but they would always tell me that I was too chunky or I wasn't cute enough or they just don't see me on stage. They would always compare me to like the other great women in the industry. So I started in my own real life just comparing myself to the everyday girl working down the street, because like I grew up with people comparing me to people that I looked up to and telling me that I wasn't good enough. So honestly, I just really started in this.
Speaker 12: Point in my life trying to like fight against it.
Speaker 13: To be honest, like my whole life has just been a series of me thinking, you know what, I want to do this. I want to be an artist, but maybe I don't have what it takes because I just always felt like there was something about me that wasn't good enough. And I just feel like in this point in my life, and thanks to American Idol too, it really helped me a lot inside. I'm not gonna lie like it was more than just the same competition. It really made me believe like I was accepted and I can be in those spaces with all those other great artists.
Speaker 2: And how much does people in life they tell you can't, you won't, and you shouldn't. I know, specifically, one person in my early days that actually told me you'll never work in TV. You'll never You're not good enough. You never, you Ryan, That's what they told me. This was a TV producer said you'll never do it. Oh upset me so much, so much, that can't make I can't say no to anything. Yeah, let me play some of her audition.
Speaker 4: Here sings why did she goes in and sings a carry Underwood song?
Speaker 1: To carry Underwood?
Speaker 14: I dug my dies it to the side of it pretty little. So the fall whell driver my name and two with a Lanbasy.
Speaker 7: Took Louis Wilson.
Speaker 14: A boat last smashed all and out.
Speaker 7: Maybe next time before she.
Speaker 2: Got Shane, did you look her in the eye? I mean, what do you do when you're singing the song to the artist.
Speaker 12: I did look her in the eye in some insanity. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 13: So I don't know what took over me, because right before I went in there, I was like crying. I was so nervous, and I do remember looking her dead in her eyes.
Speaker 5: That has to be like an out of body experience, I think, to be singing her song to her.
Speaker 2: Plus you dug you, dug I heard the you dunk deep into the soul when you sing that grit I did.
Speaker 13: I was terrified, though I'm not gonna lie. I feel like it wasn't on the body experience, I don't think, because like I feel like when I left the room, that's when I was back to me, and when I was there, I feel like I was a whole different chick.
Speaker 1: Like I get you.
Speaker 2: You gotta see Jay Marie in this audition singing into the eyes of Carrie Underwood on Sunday eight o'clock ABC, streaming on Hulu.
Speaker 1: Jaymry, so great to see you.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on all the breakthroughs you're talking about here, and we wish you the best.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Ryan, I appreciate you, and I'm gonna keep.
Speaker 4: Working, keep working.
Speaker 2: Thanks bye guys, Bye, Jay Marie singing how about Karender beating up a truck?
Speaker 1: I love that carrier. That's one of my favorite carriers.
Speaker 4: I don't know that it's for my parents. I'm just picturing somebody.
Speaker 5: Especially after this last Sunday Night episode, the Boat Trip, the Brothers, Oh my.
Speaker 2: Goodness, the boat Trip. I'm just gonna leave it at that. Okay, my parents are watching that.
Speaker 1: Yeah a lot. That was a lot even for anybody.
Speaker 4: But it's a great show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patrick Swartz in it keeps I know, I want to look like him. You kind of you look nothing does not.
Speaker 14: I do not.
Speaker 7: Side by side, I feel like.
Speaker 1: I want to look like JL.
Speaker 7: Do you look just like her?
Speaker 14: Just like.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Jennifer Coolidge started in seasons.
Speaker 6: One and two of The Yes and she was a fan favorite for sure, and she bagged two Emmys at Golden Globe for her performance. But it's not just awards that she was winning for her role, but her love life was impacted and spoiler alert, her character.
Speaker 7: Tanya fell off of a boat in season two.
Speaker 6: So she says, even though I play a complete weirdo in White Lotusque, guys come up to me and this is far better than American Pie because people were really sad.
Speaker 7: About Tanya falling off a boat.
Speaker 6: These men like you better because they feel like you went through something and that show really upped my game. So I feel like it appears being on a hit TV show can really help improve your dating life.
Speaker 7: So yeah, if.
Speaker 6: Anybody out there wants to get on a hit TV show to up their game, yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was on a hit TV show. But the thing is Jennifer Coolidge. Yeah, in this show she said it up to her game, right, people coming up here?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I like, maybe these people cannot separate.
Speaker 2: Her from her character. I believe she's an actor and anything the role that they play is them and realize that they're gonna be the same.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So it's funny that you say that, because I feel like I only feel that way about one character in television at all. Ellen Ellen Pompeo is Meredith Gray forever for me. But every other actor I feel like I can morph with them into their different characters.
Speaker 4: I don't. I would like walk up to dinner Coolidge and say, I'm so sorry about the boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, is there any hope that she comes back?
Speaker 5: Like, there's no way she just even in her quotes, even though I play a complete weirdo, she can't say played.
Speaker 1: She used past tense.
Speaker 4: Who knows anything in that. But it seems like they roll on with those casts.
Speaker 7: But she could come back as like a ghost or something.
Speaker 8: You never know.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's let you guys not write the way the ghost of Jennifer Coolidge. Please.
Speaker 10: Flashbacks, Flashbacks, Flashbacks, Patrick Schwarzenegger and making his protein shakes every episode.
Speaker 15: Patrick Patrick on the show, Patrick call us, Please, well we can't just you got to call him.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's listening right now.
Speaker 4: Just call hey, prob the whole cast is listening right now.
Speaker 5: Casual noey Yeah, Jamie prep.
Speaker 7: We're prepp.
Speaker 4: We love the shows.
Speaker 1: We're prep We got it.
Speaker 4: What's in your protein shake that he makes every episode?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: That is the weekend one o two point seven. Because I'm Los Angeles, we are bringing in j Marie. Maybe you don't know that name, but you will.
Speaker 2: Jay Marie, who's on American Idol on Sunday night, eight o'clock ABC stream on Hulu.
Speaker 1: Hi, j Marie, Hi, how you doing?
Speaker 12: Ryan?
Speaker 1: I am great.
Speaker 4: You look like a superstar. Thank you.
Speaker 2: So I got to tell you j Marie auditioned for American Idol. A lot of people we meet say I never thought I would do it, or I just didn't think I had a shot, or in jay Marie's case, which is why I wanted to talk to her again, because you got emotional about your audition and about people shutting you down and telling you no, and you couldn't do things. And I think I know Tanya and I have been in that position. Have you been in that position? Since it were absolutely good.
Speaker 4: Enough, you will not make it. I've been told you will not make it until I.
Speaker 1: Got to kiss everyone said your no to me. So many doors closed.
Speaker 4: So talk about that a little bit, Jay Marie and how you got through it.
Speaker 13: Honestly, Yeah, I grew up with like I knew I could sing right, and people would tell me, like Jay, you could sing, but they would always tell me that I was too chunky, or I wasn't cute enough, or they just don't see me on stage.
Speaker 12: They would always compare me to like the other great women in the industry.
Speaker 13: So I started in my own real life just comparing myself to the everyday girl working down the street, because like I grew up with people comparing me to people that I looked up to and.
Speaker 12: Telling me that I wasn't good enough.
Speaker 13: So honestly, I just really started in this point in my life trying to like fight against it. To be honest, Like, my whole life has just been a series of me thinking, you know what I want to do this. I want to be an artist, but maybe I don't have what it takes. Because I just always felt like there was something about me that wasn't good enough. And I just feel like at this point in my life, and thanks to American Idol too, it really helped me a lot inside. I'm not gonna lie like it was more than just a singing competition. It really made me believe like I was accepted and I can be in those spaces with all those other great artists.
Speaker 2: And how about these people in life that tell you you can't, you won't, and you shouldn't. I know specifically one person in my early days that actually told me you'll never work in TV. You'll never You're not good enough. Never you Ryan, That's what they told me. This was a TV producer said you'll never do it. Oh, upset me so much, so much I can make I can't say no to anything. Yeah, and let me play some of her audition.
Speaker 4: Here sings why if she goes in and sings a care underwent song, to carry Underwee, I dug my pas to the.
Speaker 14: Side of it pretty little, so the full well driver my name and to Lantasy.
Speaker 1: To the Louis Bils.
Speaker 14: Both last smashed all and out ball.
Speaker 7: Maybe next time.
Speaker 13: Be foggy che.
Speaker 10: Shane.
Speaker 4: Did you look her in the eye? I mean, what do you do when you're singing the song to the artist.
Speaker 12: I did look her in the eye in some insanity. I don't know what happened. So I don't know what took over me, because right before I went.
Speaker 13: In there, I was like crying. I was so nervous, and I do remember looking at her dead in her eyes.
Speaker 5: That has to be like an out of body experience, I think, to be singing her song to her.
Speaker 4: You dug you dug. I heard the you dunk deep into the soul when you sing grect.
Speaker 11: I did.
Speaker 12: I was terrified. Though I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 13: I feel like it wasn't on the body experience, I think, because like I feel like when I left the room, that's when I was back to me, and when I was there, I feel like I was a whole different chick.
Speaker 1: By I get it.
Speaker 2: You gotta see Jay Marie in this audition singing into the eyes of Carrie Underwood on Sunday eight o'clock ABC, streaming on Hulu.
Speaker 1: Jamry, so great to see you.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on all the breakthroughs you're talking about here, and we wish.
Speaker 4: You the best.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Ryan, I appreciate you and I'm gonna keep working.
Speaker 4: Keep working. Thanks bye guys.
Speaker 2: By Jay Marie singing how about Cary Underwood beating up a truck.
Speaker 5: I love that carry and that's one of my favorite carry out.
Speaker 1: Not very fire tickets and that kiss.
Speaker 2: There's always that moment where your mom and dad answer the phone. You call them at home and they tell you they're watching season three of The White Lotus.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: I don't know that it's for my parents. I'm just picturing somebody.
Speaker 5: Especially after this last Sunday Night episode, the Boat Trip the Brothers.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, the Boat Trip. I'm just gonna leave it at that. Okay, my parents are watching that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a lot. That was a lot, even for anybody.
Speaker 4: But it's a great show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patrick Swartz in it.
Speaker 4: I know I want to look like him.
Speaker 1: You kind of look does not?
Speaker 6: I do not?
Speaker 7: Side by side? I feel like.
Speaker 1: I want to look like JL.
Speaker 7: Do you look just like her?
Speaker 16: Just like it.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Coolidge started in seasons one and two of The White Lotus.
Speaker 6: Yes, and she was a fan favorite for sure, and she two Emmy's at Golden Globe for her performance. But it's not just awards that she was winning for her role, but her love life was impacted and spoiler alert, her character.
Speaker 7: Tanya fell off of a boat in season two.
Speaker 6: So she says, even though I play a complete weirdo in White Lotus, cute guys come up to me, and this is far better than American Pie because people were really sad about Tanya falling off a boat. These men like you better because they feel like you went through something and that show really upped my game. So I feel like it appears being on a hit TV show can really help improve your dating life. So yeah, if anybody out there wants to get on a hit TV show to up their game, yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was on a hit TV show. But the thing is Jennifer Coolidge. Yeah, in this show she said it up to her game, right, people coming up here? Y? I like, maybe these people cannot separate her from her character. I believe she's an actor and anything the role that they play is them and realize that they're going to be the same.
Speaker 6: Okay, So it's funny that you say that, because I feel like I only feel that way about one character in television at all.
Speaker 7: Ellen Ellen Pompeo is Meredith.
Speaker 6: Gray forever for me, but every other actor, I feel like I can morph with them into their different characters.
Speaker 4: I don't. I would like walk up together Coolidge and say I'm so sorry about the boat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, is there any hope that she comes back? Like there's no way she just even in her quotes, even though I play a complete weirdo, she can say played, she used past tense.
Speaker 4: Who knows anything in that? But it seems like they roll on with those casts.
Speaker 7: But she could come back as like a ghost or something.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's let you guys not write the way the ghost of Jennifer Coolidge.
Speaker 10: Please flashbacks, flashbacks, flashbacks, Patrick Twortz Segger and making his protein shakes every episode.
Speaker 15: Patrick Patrick on the show, Patrick call us please.
Speaker 1: Well we can't just you got to call him. Maybe he's listening right now.
Speaker 4: Just call hey, pray the whole cast is listening right now.
Speaker 1: Casual No, yeah, Marmy, prep, we're prepped.
Speaker 4: We love the shots.
Speaker 1: We're prep we got it.
Speaker 4: What's in your protein shake that he makes every episode?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Dj T about like selling the Friday mixed next that we're gonna play match game now with Brianna, who's contested number one and Yanira, who's contested number two.
Speaker 4: Brianna, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the match gaming. On one second, let's get Yanira contest the number two for the match game.
Speaker 1: How you doing.
Speaker 13: Great?
Speaker 4: Thank you, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna play right now for tickets to our Waango Tango. I've got the panel here, Sisiny, Tanya Ruby, and engineered tubs. First, Brianna, you're up. Don't say the answer, just think about what's going to go in the blank, So back blank. What word most likely goes with bath? That's what the panel is going to write down. If you write down the same thing and you match, Oh that's good. Norganzone's matches will win this and that's your WINGO Tango access. What'd you say bath what Brianna, bathroom?
Speaker 4: Bathroom?
Speaker 1: Sisiny, bathroom? I said tub, bathtub.
Speaker 4: Bath tubs? All right, Tanya, bath.
Speaker 7: I said bathtub as well.
Speaker 1: Roomy.
Speaker 4: Did you say bathroom?
Speaker 1: I said bathroom.
Speaker 4: And tubs. Did you say tubbs? I did say tubbs bathtub of.
Speaker 1: Name too.
Speaker 4: He put two b's on the end of his bathtub. All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: You got one match now you're near it. You got to get one to tytoo to win. Yours is apple blank, don't say just think about it, apple blank?
Speaker 1: Apple? What apple?
Speaker 4: All right? Apple apple?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 1: Apple sauce? I like apple sauce, the apple sauce. I said pie, apple pie to apple sauce.
Speaker 6: Apple bottoms, apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur.
Speaker 8: At the.
Speaker 4: Looking that ruby, not that apple bottom apple jeans. First thing, I guarantee tubs and not say apple bottom. So what did you say, tubbs?
Speaker 1: Apple pie? Well we've got to be winner.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Brianna, you win the Wingo Tango tickets. And thank you very much in here for listen to us.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, shut the front door.
Speaker 1: We appreciate both of ya.
Speaker 2: Well, also give a little bit of advice every once in a while, but and we take our own advice knit so much. I will say, since I've officiated a wedding, my business has gone up. People have been asking me if I would officiate their wedding.
Speaker 1: Of course I've got some offers.
Speaker 6: I thought you were going to say, people are like hitting on you more like it up your game.
Speaker 2: No now yet, No, that takes time, Tanya. Yeah, I have to repost all that stuff about fourteen yes or any traction.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I feel like you just were so tender and sweet. I feel like prospects could see that and be like.
Speaker 2: Hender Roney, Yeah, we'll see Sophia. Let's get to your issue here. Thanks for listening to as in Long Beach. So you need our advice. Your sister's boyfriend is about to propose, and you know about the proposal, yes, okay, and you don't like it.
Speaker 3: For her, I don't.
Speaker 16: So they've been dating for about a year and a half, and she knows the proposal is comeing because he put it on his calendar, so she fought on the calendar, so she knows that the proposal is coming. His promise, it's fun, is to take her to the beach and just get down on one knee and propose. But me and my little sister, we spoke to her best friend and we all agreed that she needs more than that, because my sister is very like she looks. I mean, for my baby shower, she spent alone like one thousand dollars on flowers.
Speaker 3: People. Obviously, she I know she needs. She likes that stuff, you.
Speaker 4: Know, So I don't think she's just going to be happy about the simplicity of a beautiful beach proposal at sunset.
Speaker 3: I don't. Oh that's another thing. He's not doing it at sunset. He's going to do it at five pm.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a little too hot still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the pictures, I think, what's going to be like too shadows.
Speaker 4: What do you think he should do? And are you going to direct the proposal or are you got to.
Speaker 1: Step in and help?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I think he should just do flowers like roses on the sand. I don't know if you guys have seen that set up right, It's very simple. It's just a line of roses on the sand and like four candles, and it looks beautiful on pictures. And then I think for sure he needs to decorate the house or something like.
Speaker 4: So after the proposal, have you gone to him with any of these notes?
Speaker 16: Yeah, he said that she doesn't want any of that because, according to him, he's asked her, do you want this lame ish?
Speaker 3: And she said no, But I mean who wouldn't if you're asking like that.
Speaker 2: Look, I've got no experience with proposing, So Sysney Tanya, should she get involved and give the detailed direction?
Speaker 1: I think if you can help in a way.
Speaker 5: He's gonna need help because someone's gonna have to go set up something right, and yeah, you want it's pictures taken?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: So I think like, instead of being so your idea sucks, do what I want to do, be more like, let me help you so that I can take some of the pressure because this is such an important day and you're going to be kind of nervous and kind of like put them up on a pedestal a little bit, you know, and then you can kind of still do what you want to do that your sister.
Speaker 1: You know, your sister's gonna like.
Speaker 4: The good news is we have time. We have time to fix it. And just what just the tone and style of Sicin's advice is perfect. Good luck, okay, Sophia, and congratulations. By the way, I am ordained. I know that have you seen the pictures?
Speaker 1: If you want them to cry, you'll cry.
Speaker 4: I will think at the rehearsal dinner next to a couple and I will cry.
Speaker 1: You can see the photos.
Speaker 3: Okay, sounds a plan. I will call and book you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sophia.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you understanding.
Speaker 2: My calendar is very, very booked, so I will have to schedule take care, Sophia, and good luck with this.
Speaker 4: The rest of your sister appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I cannot unsee Uncle Cookie naked in the cold plunge from your wedding.
Speaker 4: Uncle Cookie was naked in the cold plunge. No one gets naked in a cold plunge.
Speaker 7: A lot of other guests were telling us about that as well that were there.
Speaker 4: He was the only naked person on the island. You do not want him to live this life like that.
Speaker 1: That's fine, trust me, be free exactly.
Speaker 14: Not that.
Speaker 4: No cold plunge did not help. So think about which type you are and ask for a guest person explain it and why it matters.
Speaker 1: Okay, So have you.
Speaker 5: Ever noticed how some people ask for what they need while others are a little bit more passive aggressive. Maybe they drop hints and they just hope you catch on. Yes, yeah, okay, So there's a difference between them, and it's it all goes down to the way you were raised and the families that you come from. So you either come from an ask family or you come from a guess family. So and ask families people say exactly what they want and the other person simply just says yes or no. It's kind of more of a blunt like, hey can you help me move Saturday? Straight to the point no guessing involved. Yeah, okay, now I like it A guess family the director requests feel too blunt for them, so they like to more hint what they want.
Speaker 1: I'm moving this weekend. It's going to be a nightmare.
Speaker 5: Exactly helping the other person kind of like comes in and offers to help. Neither dile I guess is right or wrong. But it's just so interesting that there's two types of people. There's only one right way to do it, and that is ask.
Speaker 4: Be direct.
Speaker 2: You want something, You've got to ask specifically for it. Don't expect other people to connect the dots. And frankly, if you're a guest person and you're saying all that stuff about the moving, I'm definitely not jumping in.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely not going to connect.
Speaker 1: I know exact.
Speaker 5: I can't deal with the passive aggressiveness like that just doesn't flow with me. I'm a very direct, i'll ask type of person, but I only ask if it's really needed.
Speaker 1: I am I almost hate asking for help.
Speaker 4: That makes sense, I understand that, but I will tell you I was born and raised with a father, a mother and a father, but a father that is, and was a lawyer, okay, a defense attorney.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Specificity and directness is how we were raised. If you didn't complete the thought with absolute specificity, then he would say, Well, you didn't say that.
Speaker 4: You said, oh my gosh, can I go out this weekend? You didn't say can I go out Sunday at four pm? With Barton and Mitch? So you didn't ask the right question. Ryan, Oh my gosh, I was on the stand every day.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: So are you a guess person, Tanya or now?
Speaker 6: I honestly think I'm a hybrid because sometimes I feel like I can be very direct, but then sometimes I also feel like I not. It's not passive, but sometimes when you're people pleaser, you don't want to You don't want to impose on anyone.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why we don't. I'm like Sisy, I don't ask for anything, but I did. I would it exactly agree. You were raised a guest person and now you're an ask person.
Speaker 17: Yes, I come from a guest family, but I feel like over the years I've morphed into an ask person.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, I think it serves one better when you can be specific if you want.
Speaker 1: Something, absolutely definitely all right.
Speaker 4: Ask yourself? Are you an ask or a guest?
Speaker 8: Morning?
Speaker 2: And a lot of different choices on streaming, on TV, the movies. So what's on your weekend watch list?
Speaker 4: Sisy?
Speaker 1: The weekend watch list?
Speaker 5: Just so, I am doing Mufasa the Lion King on Disney Plus. In this Lionking sequel or prequel, Orphaned Cup, Mufasa meets a lion name Taka the air to a royal bloodline. So it's kind of a movie that the whole family can watch. And it's two hours on Disney Plus.
Speaker 4: Okay, now what's on your weekend watch It's Tanya.
Speaker 7: Mine is the Life List. It's on Netflix today.
Speaker 6: Actually, Sophia Carson plays a young woman who embarks on a quest to complete a teenage bucket list. And it is very emotional, it's very moving. I've seen it twice and I cried both times.
Speaker 2: I want to see that. Now that I know her, I feel like she's my best friend because she's at your wedding.
Speaker 7: Now I didn know her mom.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm best friends with her mom.
Speaker 4: I sat with her mom at the dinner.
Speaker 7: Her mom is the best, the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, fam.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I'm best friends to Sophia because we went to the buffet line together. Yeah, and we both said have you ever done this before?
Speaker 4: I said no, have you?
Speaker 1: She said no?
Speaker 4: So first, isn't it first time she ever performed at a wedding? First time I ever performed at a wedding? And then we got talk whatever you saved that night? Yeah, that's good. I want to see that and Ruby. What's in Aerrican watsas Mine is.
Speaker 17: The studio on Apple TV Plus. So Seth Brogan plays Matt Remick, the newly appointed head of Continental Studios, trying to keep movies.
Speaker 4: Alive and relevant.
Speaker 12: Good.
Speaker 4: No, I saw the trailer for it, and I was like, oh, it's a must.
Speaker 2: Yes, this where I think I started this where they're gonna do the movie about the kool Aid Person, because they were like, if if the plastic doll can be so successful, what about the kool Aid universe starting with the LVI, the Cheese person and all that stuff. Yes, I just saw the commercial, but all right, and stuff to look out for. Mid Century Modern is coming to Hulu Today. That's Nathan Lane and Matt Boehmer American Ilis Sunday The Bondsman on Amazon Prime with Kevin Bacon. A lot of people talking about that too. Never a dull moment, all right, So I'm offended by it.
Speaker 7: Tell me more.
Speaker 2: I just don't Why does anyone get to judge how someone else proposes to their significant other?
Speaker 5: Because that's what the internet does, right, I mean, you put something out on social media, people are going to comment because that's what people do.
Speaker 2: Okay, But oh wait, there's a guy that's getting slammed for proposing to his girlfriend by leaving a note in the morning, a written note.
Speaker 4: Right, Monty Holmes, What why is every so upset about this?
Speaker 1: Because they're saying that why did he do it this way? Who leaves a note and then leaves as a proposal?
Speaker 4: Well there was a reason, wasn't it sent like a There was a purpose or reason?
Speaker 5: So basically so, I think when it comes to your proposal, it's something that you'll never forget. It's a story that you're going to tell for the rest of your lives. And so he ripped a piece of paper out of his notebook, put it and left it in the bathroom for his now fiance. She said yes, by the way, and the note just simply said it was like on a like a lined notebook.
Speaker 1: It said, will you marry me? With the ring box and the ring and that was it.
Speaker 5: So when she woke up in the morning and she like it was and I guess her bathroom was like kind of messy already as it was, she kind of just like saw it like in on the counter, and that's the way I love it. That's the way she found it, right, And why.
Speaker 1: Did he do it? It was a reason.
Speaker 5: So he did it because she was having a really rough few days at work. So the day prior, even the day before that, she had had a really long day and he and she was just like she had worked all day, was super tired when she got home that night and had to get it even earlier the next day to go back to work or something like that, and she was stressed and were just like having like almost like a really bad day. And he said he likes to play around and he wanted to really catch her off guard. He really wanted to catch her when she least expected it. And they apparently joke around with each other a lot, and he knew that it would be a funny way to do it with her.
Speaker 4: It's sense of humor in their relationship, and it works for them.
Speaker 1: It works for them, I kind of.
Speaker 2: I mean, how perfect, it's simple, it's concise, it's too point, it's I think it's cute that you put it on the notebook paper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so she thinks, you know, she takes a picture of this, and she posts it on social media. She gets you know, her friends love it, her family loves it, everyone's happy for her. But then it goes viral and the internet is like tearing it down, like everyone couldn't.
Speaker 1: Believe what if Michael did this to you? This would not fly for me personally.
Speaker 4: No, not fly for you.
Speaker 1: No boy in the future does.
Speaker 14: This for you. No.
Speaker 5: I want him to be there, and I want wouldn't he want to see my reaction?
Speaker 4: I think we need to just not worry about We don't know other people's relationships.
Speaker 7: I know, And I think, like that's the thing.
Speaker 6: A girlfriend of mine got proposed to recently and it wasn't this like over the top. I feel like everyone just expects this crazy, over the top thing and it was just really sweet at their breakfast, like they were sitting at breakfast together and he just like pulled it out and did it right there, and it was so sweet and it was just tender. And I feel like now with social media, everybody expects everything to be so over the top.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna we're gonna take it back.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take it back to writing a put a little pen and paper together in a box by the sink and toothpaste and let's call it a day, happy life.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: And Sisteny with this story about what some people are doing. Apparently it's catching on because well, we have limited time.
Speaker 5: Well, I that's an article about this the other day, which is like was like the big light bulb, and I was like, oh my gosh, this is actually a thing.
Speaker 4: So what are they calling. What's the concept?
Speaker 5: It's called Aaron dates. So let's do the math real quick. Twenty four hours in a day. If you get eight hours of sleep and you work eight hours at work, eight hours of sleep, that's I mean, right, if you do. I'm just saying, sixteen hours are taken up by sleep and work essentially, give or take. So that doesn't leave you very much timed for like hanging out with your friends and like catching up with people.
Speaker 7: So you do the math like that. It's very limited, it is.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 5: And so airin dates is basically calling your best and saying like, hey, I have to go to Target.
Speaker 1: Come with me and you you run your errands together, you catch up. You can go to the car wash.
Speaker 5: You can think about when I go to the car wash, I sit there by myself on my phone for an hour, Like, yeah, why not like have that time spent with a friend, or taking a step further and go maybe not a first date, but maybe like a second date or a third date, like going to like if you have to, Like if you're shopping for a new couch and you're like coming to a few different furniture stories, you can get a vibe of like what this guy is like, what a style is like, if you think if you think that you could see a future within, it's like kind of cute.
Speaker 4: I think about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I well, I'm just gonna tell you, like when I go shopping for food, I kind of like to be in my own head at the grocer.
Speaker 14: I do.
Speaker 4: I find it therapeutic way.
Speaker 2: I also have this whole inner voice talking to me about what I want to make and what I'm looking for, and I don't I don't need to be focused on I don't know that I could focus on getting the things I need at a grocery store and also having great dialogue with a friend or a potential significant other.
Speaker 1: I'm focused on my well, like going and getting your car washed or but then.
Speaker 4: What happens at the end of your Carget's called first and you bail, you leave.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not a good deal.
Speaker 5: Like I have had my friends like want to hang out and I say, you can come over for like thirty minutes, but then I have to go and pick up the kids from school, and then I have to take them to dance class. So they're like, walk, come with you, and so they do because that's the only time we get to hang out.
Speaker 2: Didn't you speak now? But in the dating world I find it to be didn't you either want to talking about X? Isn't this an ick? If a person wanted to do this as a date, it seems like an ick.
Speaker 5: Well maybe for you, maybe that's your ick, but I don't think it's most people's sick.
Speaker 1: I just think it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not focused on the person like, don't you think, don't you think it's like, isn't one of the most challenging things to find someone who listens? And if you're shopping or your car going through the car wash, you're not paying way, You're seeing this the.
Speaker 1: Wrong way, you're not understanding.
Speaker 5: Okay, When you first start dating somebody, don't you want to be with them all the time? Like you think about them all the time? No, when you first start, you mean once you've gotten you, once you're realizing like that's them, Like you want to be with them at all times of the day. But you can't keep doing these like extravagant dates. You have to get on with your life and run your errands and do normal day.
Speaker 1: To day stuff. So then they just come with you to that stuff and you know you can know each other that way. That's that that's later after the yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Like imagine somebody on a third date being like, Hey, I'm gonna go get my shoes shine down at our tou Ros. Do you want to hop in the car and get my shoes shined with me?
Speaker 1: I'd be like, that's weird. What I wouldn't want to go with anybody to get their shoes.
Speaker 7: I mean whatever I'm trying to think of Aarons guys.
Speaker 1: Run, we don't. We don't do that. I'll tell you that nineteen thirty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't get a hot shave and shine.
Speaker 1: At the train station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and get in our wagon. That is gonna wrap it up for us to Monday. On the show, it's Sisaney's birthday broadcast. Oh another year, Sisney's Birthday broadcast.
Speaker 4: Be here for that. Loads of surprises, special guests, carnival treats and rides, balloon animals, all the things I love.
Speaker 2: It got a Ryan's roses coming up on Monday as well. If you missed anything on the show, it's up on our podcast every day on Airthryan Seacrest to the back room, have a great day, thanks for being here this morning.
Speaker 4: To the front room, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's you, Sysney.
Speaker 2: I have a great Friday, great weekend. To come back in one piece on Monday. That's all we ask for.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday.