Speaker 1: Hello, dinar sours. This is Chris Fairbanks. I have some shows coming up this weekend Denver, Colorado. October twenty eighth, I'll be at the Bug Theater with the beloved Grolicks. And then October twenty ninth Sunday, I'll be in Fort Collins at the Comedy Fort Do get tickets at Chris Fairbanks dot com and thank you and you're welcome a lea.
Speaker 2: Then I you wanna way back home? Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they turning on engage. We want to send you up in starmer. We want to welcome you back home. Tell us all about it? We scared? Or was it fine? Melbourn?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need with Karen and Chris welcome to do you need to ride? This is Christopher James Fairbanks.
Speaker 2: Damn it And this is Karen Lynn Kilgara.
Speaker 1: That's my mom. That's that's my mother's name. I did you not know my middle name was your father's name No, that's weird, isn't it weird?
Speaker 2: But I wanted to guess your middle name.
Speaker 1: I know, I thought it'd be more fun to just blurt it out for you. You're the one. You're the one that thought my mom was Terry Gar.
Speaker 2: Well, I picture your mom as a petite blonde. That that was like, oh, Chris skateboarding, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So that was actually pretty good impression.
Speaker 2: And she was petit And was it of your mom or of Terry Gar?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, my mom was like Terry Gar and young Frankenstein Gar. There's that wavering voice. My mother's voice would waver. And then I looked down before we podcast, and I'm like, oh, wow, that man illegal, he's crazy. I think he's upset.
Speaker 2: I think he is la.
Speaker 1: We should calm him down. Oh and now you have to just stop there. You whipped in front of us, and now you're stuck. He gave it a little pedal of metal, didn't he? Symby He's got a tiny one, and don't they baby dick down into Marshalls. I look down and my hands look exactly like my mom's.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: They are my mom's, including those little wrinkles and that my mom had that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember my dad used to comment on it and she goes stop.
Speaker 2: It like he was saying, oh, you're getting wrinkly.
Speaker 1: No, it was just like he's like, look at your little he'd always pointed out. And then and then actually recently my dad was like, oh, your mom had that, And I almost cried because it was specific and I remember it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it brought you back. Listener, Chris is pointing to that line just below the inside of your where the elbow bend is, but just below that you. Yes, I think some people haven't and some people don't. Mine would be like right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's two inches south of the nape of my elbow towards the wrist. Just two paces.
Speaker 2: Two paces downward downtown.
Speaker 1: And that's the pace of the Let your fingers do the walking yellow pages. That's right, legs.
Speaker 2: Wait, can I tell you a weird hand story similar to the one you're saying right now. One time when me and my roommates all did acid before a Christmas party in the daytime we had done it, we were all sitting around waiting for it to start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a fun game that is, right.
Speaker 2: And we're sitting around the kitchen table waiting for it to start, and there was probably six people sitting there. But I was sitting next to my roommate, Malava, and we both had our hands on the table and everyone's talking excoose me.
Speaker 1: I choked on my own saliva and I date that it interrupted Malava and sorry, I'm.
Speaker 2: Good, okay, and we looked down at the same time. We both went, oh my god. And when I looked at my hand, it was her hand, and when she looked at her hand, it was my hand. So you crossed switched hands. Nope, we switched hands and we both saw it. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: Wait, you switched hands.
Speaker 2: I looked at my hand and it was Malva's hand, and I was like, oh my god. And the exact same thing happened to her at the same time.
Speaker 1: Is this like when they they I've seen. I sat through a long, boring video, but it was interesting in the end. This guy had a fake rubber hand. His real hand was behind a partition and the guy was touching his hand and the fake hand which the guy could only see the fake hand in front of him. It was in a sleeve on a shirt. He was wearing his real hand he couldn't see, but the guy was touching both in the same way. And then he was just touching the fake hand, and the guy could feel it even though he couldn't see it, and he was freaking out, so I believed it.
Speaker 2: That's so, he was watching someone touch his hand and he could feel it on the hand that wasn't being.
Speaker 1: Touched, right, he could on the fake hand. They were. It ultimately got to the point where the guy was just throaking his fake hand and he was feeling it.
Speaker 2: On his real hand. Yes, Can I say what that is? Because I actually know. It's a thing called mirror neurons in our brains, and it's what creates empathy in human beings. For other human beings, we have things called mirror neurons where we watch something happen to, like someone else or like in that case, it's like someone else's hand it's happening to, but we feel it, and that's like, that's how we survived through them moment.
Speaker 1: If they do that test on a sociopath, will they not feel it?
Speaker 2: They will not feel it. I don't think. Well, I shouldn't say, that's just a guess, but I would guess they wouldn't feel it. Wow, because they don't care.
Speaker 1: Wow. Right, that's impressive that we did an experiment without even putting on lab coats, just a talking experiment. We talked through. We didn't even have a hypothesis, and we've created fact. What are facts?
Speaker 2: That wasn't me putting an S on your word? That was me sucking an air because I realized we're going to the drive through to get to coffee, and I didn't turn on the right street. Oh, I was like, that wasn't it was?
Speaker 1: I didn't. Yeah, I didn't take it personally Earlier. I sucked in some air with a little bit of saliva and it went down the wrong tube. And I might as well have been in a restaurant with a chicken wing doing the international sign for choking.
Speaker 2: You truly were it for a moment, choking and scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was doing I had my hands crossed like this and I was pointing, but you just weren't looking.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't look now because I don't. I don't give into that sort of emotional black mail.
Speaker 1: Right right, And you don't acknowledge international sign to you like the regional paloma sign for choking is pointing and screaming.
Speaker 2: Here's the signs. I do acknowledge, the four each hand signals and the brownie salute. That's it. Three fingers up.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hate that. It's choking. It's it's it's terrible for podcasting.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 1: No, okay, I think it's out of my system.
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. No, I didn't do it, it seems like. But we're doing fine. I thought we were going on the wrong side of the road. That that's as panicked as I get.
Speaker 2: Oh did that scare you?
Speaker 1: I just said this is I was going to mention my opinion about it. That's why I've been in a lot of accidents, you know, as far as I can tell.
Speaker 2: If you wouldn't mind me my input right now, we're on the wrong side of the road.
Speaker 1: Uh. That's my favorite. When when when there's someone about to get hit by a car or something, that's a bad example, but no, it is a good example. I never the all all you need to yell is look out or there's a car or and I always say, oh no, which isn't helpful to anyone. Like an arrant golf ball, for instance, I'll go uh oh, I instead of saying golf ball. It's hard for me to think of what a thing is called.
Speaker 2: I think that because you're scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep. And I think that's why I'm saying, oh, it's it's me fearing for my dwindling vocabulary. Yeah, I see, oh oh, and then and then I can't even remember what spaghettios are called. Oh oh, oh, can pasta so much less of a ring to it?
Speaker 2: Wait? Was is it, oh, spaghettios?
Speaker 1: Uh? Oh, you thought it was a Oh.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I'm asking what was it? What was the was it? Oh, spaghettio? Oh, spaghettios, that's right.
Speaker 1: And uh, I've been watching Uh, my TV is on the fritz. I don't know what's happening. It has a ghost button. I've taken the remote apart. I've sprayed it with the air in a can. I've followed YouTube videos where you reset the remote. Uh. Anyway, it constantly fast forward through everything. So I thought this is a good time to uh take a stance against the streaming services. And I've been watching the internal channels on my TV, which regular TV, regular TV. And I started watching, you know, I watched some mcgiver this morning before golf. And it's funny because I kept expecting him to suddenly leap into another body. I was confusing it for quantum leap. I'm like, what's he doing? Is he just taking shit apart? Shouldn't he be launched into another situation? But I noticed at the end it's like Winkler Productions. Henry Winkler made my diver. Really yeah, we all wondered after Fondsley, he was like, I'm not cool anymore. And then there was a brief period where he just made that or Sabrina the teenage Witch well right.
Speaker 2: He was also the executive producer of the renewed of the New Hollywood Squares, which was in the early two thousands, which was when I got to meet him backstage because Ellen was the center Square. Oh wow, And he came up and he was like the Karens and it was fucking Henry Winkler walking toward us, saying he knew who we were. It was because Karen and Karen right, Me and Karen Anderson were writing for her, and it was one of the warmest feelings I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that from him, even through the TV.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's the greatest man.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we uh elicited that on this podcast, and no one knows. Once we're done recording the same vibe, that's where do we do total one to eighty And that's when my Brooklyn accent comes out and push people over. No, he seems like twenty four to seven. He's a warm person. But yeah, like a lot of people that have this private career, it's tons of cartoon voices, like for so many things we've all watched.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: IMDb get it's one of my favorite websites. How tall is someone? It's there?
Speaker 2: You know what else? They have cast crew and producers, which I am always looking because it's like, oh wait, who works on that show that I know or whatever? Right, and that you can't find on anywhere else.
Speaker 1: No, I really do go to IMDb, so I'm like annoying to watch a thing with Have.
Speaker 2: You ever checked your own name on there and checked your.
Speaker 1: Star not today?
Speaker 2: Do you check it? Yeah? Oh my god. We used to check it When I worked at Ellen. We would go through and everyone had to come into somebody's office and we'd check star meters. It's one of the funniest things of all time, because it would go up and down like they would be like your star meter is up fifteen percent today or down thirty percent, and it's like, what are you talking about? Like I was a writer that had had two jobs before, right, and you know you'd be up or down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I imagine. I'm guessing I'm down.
Speaker 2: You don't know, though, even.
Speaker 1: Though I woke up feeling like more of a star than ever.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it based on our internal feelings that's reflected on the website or is it the algorithm?
Speaker 1: Well, when I look at IMDb, it's on my phone, so no doubt whatever I'm looking at is based on what I say out loud around my phone, whether it's on or off, or charged, or in the other room or even left in my car there little spy missioning spy machines. Yeah, for sure. That's why I keep getting ads for things that I dream about.
Speaker 2: What comes first the odd or the dream?
Speaker 1: Oh that's what That's what I really need to get to the bottom of. I didn't want bright green cargo pants. I just dreamt that I did, and they showed up.
Speaker 2: What if that's the next level of like that kind of advertising is that they plant implant the dream, then you wake up, then you see the ad, then you're like, well it's meant to be. I have to get bright green cargo pants. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If for no other reason than my whole life, I've had a hard time remembering my dreams. If I had a piece of clothing show up, yeah, reminding me that I was on a tugboat with a chicken otter or whatever dumb dream I could have thought of better example, The point.
Speaker 2: Is, would it be otter on the top, half chicken on the bottom.
Speaker 1: God, I'm so glad you asked. It would be a chicken body and an otter's head, a beakless cute Nope? Uh, slightly undersized. So it's the size of a chickenhead. Okay, pretty cute now, yeah, but a huge feathery body that's.
Speaker 2: Been bread for meat and eating. But it's ot our meat. It's not autumn dark meat.
Speaker 1: Not Yeah, it's just as long as you eat it below the neck. What are we talking about? Does it matter?
Speaker 2: Does it matter? You'll see it on your phone tomorrow and then you'll know.
Speaker 1: I've had very scary examples of that. But it's not scary to me. So many people are concerned, but I don't have anything to hide. Wait about what about our phones? Listening to everything about? Yeah? So what so far, it's been convenient. Right. It would be a terrible time for me to commit a murder, right, But that was never in the cards for me. I'm too old to get started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have all those bone problems.
Speaker 1: It's a young man's game. You could hear me creaking as I walk away.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, is the Skeleton Army coming? It's Chris with a knife.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you don't even have to run that fast to get away these.
Speaker 1: Old creaky joints. The whole house wakes up when I got to get a drink of water. Sorry, but yeah, up really yeah, maybe it's my friend.
Speaker 2: He had kind of a go tea.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chip, Chip Weatherton, what are you doing on the corner of Londale and Laurel Canyon?
Speaker 2: Chip weather Dale, you old son of the man? Shut off sea biscuit.
Speaker 1: For the hell of you enough to still have the worst ever facial hair.
Speaker 2: You don't see a long, kind of wispy goateea that much anymore.
Speaker 1: He's going for it, Chip is Yeah, yeah, I saw the man before me and my haircut the other day had a classic chin, only everything else shaved. It has a real uh you.
Speaker 2: Know nineteen ninety four field. Yes, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I've made the mistake of just out of that's how it grows on my face. Nothing will grow on the side. I will. I always have had the ability to make a sweet, sweet mustache. Yeah, but if I decide not to do that, but I get lazy with my chin because look I get cuts. See that cut? Yep. Yeah, So every once in a while, I'm like, just to be safe, let me let this grow. And yep. I'm a bass player from Temple of a Dog who's actually a jeff a man, So shut up.
Speaker 2: Because that guy's really talented and.
Speaker 1: He skates better than Chip Weatherby.
Speaker 2: Does he? Yeah it was Weatherdale.
Speaker 1: Weather Dale and Weatherby are friends, but they different guys. Yeah, one has a go to you, one doesn't. And yeah, Jeff is did you start?
Speaker 2: Was he a skateboarder? First?
Speaker 1: I have a picture of him when I when I was like fourteen, I would go to the University of Montana. They had these giant brick banks, like they're just mounds that were covered in brick, so today they would be the coolest skate spot. People would fly there to skate it, or maybe to go Love Library that's there too, Probably not, but he I remember him skating. He showed me a picture recently and I'm like, I remember you then. I was a kid and he was a student, and he was way before he was in you know, Temple the Dog or Pearl Jam. He was just a business student. I think at the university he would skate. He was like the only skateboarder in town. Wow, because he's from a small town in Montana and I he's still skates. He's still is responsible for building half the skate parks in Montana.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And he has a little skate team and they fly places. A lot of them are Native reservation living kids.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he's just the damn humanitarian he is.
Speaker 2: So you've talked to him, and you talked and he's could you could say he's an acquaintance slash friend of yours, Yes, certainly, I've never about that.
Speaker 1: He did a solo song and I played like a Tucker Carlson guy in it, and I had to learn the lyrics to his song. And then it was sped up. So he's playing to the to like Fox News and I'm Tucker Carl's bad on the News and I had to learn the lyrics and kind of sing it in front of him, which may make me uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Sorry, my car wants me to stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or just wants this story to wrap up, bring it to the end, and uh.
Speaker 2: That's enough about Jeff Emmon.
Speaker 1: No, no, keep it all coming our last Curb Dogs show. He watched in the audience, and that real comfortable. A guy that's seeing live music and done it for a living his whole life. And then I'm in my it made me nervous. I hope, I hope. I hope he enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: That's all you can hope for. Yeah, Yeah, I bet he did. Though. Yeah, if you're doing fun skateboarding covers.
Speaker 1: That guy's driving like, it's still the moon is aligned with whatever God people are. Maybe people just drive crazy. It doesn't have to be retrograde time.
Speaker 2: I think these days people are looking for some sort of outlet for their rage and fear. Yeah, and some in la A car is a good place to try to get it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't paint or play the drums. You might as well just speed through intersections.
Speaker 2: You might as well gun it and see what happens.
Speaker 1: That guy's really just an artist expressing himself.
Speaker 2: That guy, although he has killed multiple pedestrians, is an artist at heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's in that world. Killing a pedestrian is like selling a painting. You are successful. That's kind of what it seems like he is trying to do. And like the other guy, he's just stopped. Is he sped up to not know any friends?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what it all is in Los Angeles, people gunning it and cutting you off to get to the red light sooner.
Speaker 1: It's infuriating, it's quite stupid.
Speaker 2: We may have talked about this last time I recorded alone.
Speaker 1: But everything today I've already said, oh, okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Not true because I didn't know you were friends with Jeff Mitt.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, he is friends more than an acquaintance, more than friends. Well, I'm afraid if he's listening, he'd be like, oh man, he's like, gross, my dad's shirt it's hanging at its indoor skatepool.
Speaker 2: Because HM shocked that you have me even you've never said this to me.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I I hate bragging and dropping names. Do you not really? No, I should do more of it.
Speaker 2: Actually, yes, get in there.
Speaker 1: I was just saying that the other day to my friend Mike Judge. What does Mary made a cartoon called Bevison.
Speaker 2: But I've watched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's one of my friends. Anyway, I was telling him that I don't like to mention him, and he's like, please do maybe I can help with your career, and I'm like, I don't know. I'm fine where I am.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, good, Yeah, that was you played that moment perfectly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah. I like to back out of anything that seems like could be lucrative. Yeap, pump the bags, stay away, Yeah, don't make eye contact, leave, ask first out the door. Yeah, nobody saw me here. I announced.
Speaker 2: Also, don't be afraid to be rude to Mike Judge on your way out, just so he's left with a bad tasteess right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I learned that from the Mystery The the Woman Slayer or whatever. You show up, get peacock, you put goggles on your crot and you see the prettiest go in the room. You flip her off. Yeah, and then they come crawling over wanting to ktch your face.
Speaker 2: You say, hey girl, are you free Saturday? And she goes, why, yes I am, And then you go I knew you would be because you're ugly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, don't know why I asked anyway, because I got plans mystery.
Speaker 2: No, I love your purple velvet coat.
Speaker 1: I h he's a friend of mine and I yeah, yeah, we hang out. No, I'm kidding. But after I did the uh that Reality Bites Back thing, which you know, had a bunch of people, Amy Schumer, I would if all I did is anyway.
Speaker 2: Now you're just just naming famous people. You don't know them, You're just saying names.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Phil Collins, we that crew, that whole crew, because what we made was albeit a parody of reality TV with the crew was that's what they made was Big Brother type shows, one of them being I think Big Brother and the next show they were starting to work on as we were rapping, so everyone was real busy. Was that dating show I can't remember, the pickup artist or something?
Speaker 2: Oh, there was an actual show.
Speaker 1: There was a show that picked up nerdy dudes that are mad at women and like work with that. You can use that.
Speaker 2: And this was two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Actually it's horrifyingly more recent. I think it was eight or two ten m. Yeah, it wasn't that long ago that it was such a simpler time. But I got on a plane and I knew that they're working on And he got on the plane and I looked at him because he had, yes, the steampunk goggles above his beanie, I think sewn into it.
Speaker 2: And when Snoopy's a pilot, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And a board came the red baron of ladies and I said, oh, you're working with so and so and so and so on the and he said he was like yeah, and then he was talking to me, but he was scanning the room. I could tell. He was like like terminator looking at every woman on the plane, and in a grossway like mid section then face, like I could tell, like looking around like a lot of people do at a party where they you know, they look over your shoulder looking for someone better to talk to him. He was doing that except death spritly, trying to find ladies. Ladies. And people that worked on that show said it worked disappointingly. He did, well, Yeah, I can throw the line out with everyone he met.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, I think that only proves that, like people are just kind of much more open to and willing to give people a try. How many dates did he go on with those ladies? I bet you won. But you know what I mean, if he's doing all of his tricks and he's like, hey, I'm giving you special attention but also fucking with your mind, but also this, but also that the average girl might be like, Okay, if you're gonna put in all this effort, let's give it a whirl and then one dinner or one I don't know, whatever the rules are. You take her to a park and leave her there. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is one of the first rules they learned. Has to be near a bench. This is very important.
Speaker 2: Eventual has no ride. It's dark outside, really scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is scary, I suppose. Yeah. There was also people I know that read there's either a book he made or a book about him that gives you the tips. And I remember this guy that worked on my back. He's a bag. Thank you. He was like, oh, we wait, pause, we should go talk to that. Oh they're getting coffee. I just wanted to explain this is part of the show.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just me randomly being rude. The thing, Oh, the gift card? Yeah, Hi, can I get a double tall one pump mocha a hot please?
Speaker 1: And also I'll get a pumpkin cream cold brew with two pumps.
Speaker 2: Okay, and a Grande pumpkin cream cold brew with two pumps. Anally, Oh, not think or anythings? Not one thing, not one thing? Do you want to pump a cake? Pump? And that's gonna be it? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Where are we saying? Oh, this chiropractor that I didn't know that, well, we went we met somewhere and he used a language from it, like when you find out someone did the forum and they're like, got it. I mean you're listening. He said, we should you and I go talk to that triple set And I'm like, triple set because in skateboarding that's three sets of stairs like stairs gap, stairs gap, and I'm like, what are you talking about? We would talk? That just proves what I've been focusing on my whole life is skateboarding. And but it kind of.
Speaker 2: And did he mean three women?
Speaker 1: Yes, it was called a us A set, A three set. I don't know, but yeah, what it's the same amount of syllables as those three people, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like because I remember when all that was kicking up, and it was the highly toxic early two thousands, Right, you.
Speaker 1: Were miarning a lot of fedoras.
Speaker 2: I couldn't a fit. It was peacocking. But like, I feel like people are so lost and be fuddled. It's not just men, it's women too, about connecting to whoever they are interested in connecting with, and how scary and intimidating that can be, or how whatever feelings that they have kind of developed over the years of quote unquote thing is wrong with me or I don't know this or I do this wrong or whatever. Yeah, and they're so in their head about it, and it's such a big deal, right, because that's like who your partner is going to be, how your life is going to turn out, whatever that anybody that goes I've got it all figured out and here's the system and it'll work.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: There are people that are going to absolutely buy in because they're like, whether it's like I just want to have sex every weekend or I want to find the woman of my dreams, right, they're like, fine, I will play by these rules if it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something makes me think those where that those two categories of people on that show were split up. Who's her just da set? Who wants to what's the word to get? Oh yeah, relationship? I think that now I would like to think most people have grown a little and know that what the answer is it is just therapy. And you know, there isn't all these other versions of you know, education that you learn. But that is when I did because I did that forum you did.
Speaker 2: I did the Landmark Forum.
Speaker 1: Yes, my sister was doing intros to it. We're all kind of embarrassed about it now, but I found it useful because I did do it with my dad and sister and my stepmom at the time, and so it made us actually just default to this being therapy because I think most people were in there alone and it was big, tough truck drivers that had terrible abuse, like everyone very if one thing. I just was like, why am I even these people are real? I can't believe what this person's been through or this person I feel okay, well myself. Now, that's the thing about group, not that it's a competition, but they were winning, but it was it was kind of cool to do it with my dad and it's like, oh, I have to have a grievance. I think that was the word. I guess I could do this, and then all of a sudden, I'm crying because I'm talking to my dad about something that was uncomfortable, Like you don't usually do that with your dad, right, Yeah, So it was helpful. It wasn't until I had earned the next tier, and it was expensive, and I just moved to Austin to start doing comedy and I was getting nothing out of it because I wasn't there with my family. I was there by myself with a very strange people.
Speaker 2: But I think you're right in that before and up until very recently, therapy was for like mental patience or incredibly like rich New York City citizens, right, or like my mom was a psychiatric nurse. That's why, like therapy was very normal to me, and everybody else tould be like I would be like my therapist said, blah blah blah. They'd be like, oh my god, I'm like, what is wrong with you? But that's only because my mom made it like it was like everyone should be in therapy. Now, That's what everyone kind of understands, is like you got to start at home and fix the inside before you go outside and try to do anything. Because ultimately, whether you're whether you're doing the pickup artist or any other kind of thing, that's like you're trying to fill the hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's a bad phrase for that, but I meant like trying to fill the void. The void, that's a better way to say it. You're just it's all you're going to keep coming back to problem after problem. If you don't have anything in yourself.
Speaker 1: Works, or if you don't have the tools to actually go to church, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just gonna Chris just starts pitching the forum. That's yeah, the void.
Speaker 1: All of our voids need filling. And I'm and I think everyone now is like, yeah, whatever it is, do it. And back then, I think you're right. If you heard about someone having a therapist or a shrink or what ever they used to call them, it meant, oh, you've had trauma, and I can't relate. Now when people bring up therapy, I'm embarrassed that I'm the only one that hasn't done it right because they haven't figured out how to get a good one. Because I keep hearing about people they're like, yeah, i'd been went to this person. It didn't work out, and you know it takes four or five therapists before they find the right one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: That's why it makes sense to do it online. I hope they're a sponsored today, like with better help.
Speaker 2: My The first lady I went to for therapy and it was like so much, so long after I should have started going. The first time I went was when I was eighteen, and it was when I moved back after I flunked out of college and got into three car accidents, and my mom was like, you're moving home, get your shit together.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: And so I went to one therapy appointment where I walked in and she was like, okay, so how are you feeling today? And I just started crying. And I just cried for the entire hour and then left. That was really embarrassing. So then I didn't go back until I was like thirty three, and I got a recommendation. And my friend's wife was a therapist, and so she's like, well, I can't be your therapist, but I can recommend people. What are you looking for? And I said, I want to talk to olympiad caucus, and so she gave me this recommendation, and it was this lady in town and she was an older lady.
Speaker 1: But she was an Olympia do Caucus impersonated she.
Speaker 2: No, I wish, but she was like older, she'd like, you know, she was shed silver hair. Yeah, but she did this thing where she was like, so, what's going on with you? And I was like, well, my mom has Alzheimer's and she immediately was like and how does that make you feel? And I was like, well, hold on, I'm but like a whole story about Like I was like, no, this is monologue time and then you're saying your lines too early, and it was so frustrated. I only went there once and then I was like, well, now I'm screwed because I don't want to go to her anymore and I don't know where to go. And you know what I did, and this is not this is nonspot. I looked in on the website for Psychology Today, which is a you know, like a psychology magazine. Sure, and in the hard copy of it, they have therapists listings in the back pages, almost like the want ads, you know, And so you can look on their website and that's how I find found my therapist who I've been at with her for like almost twenty years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like any doctor. Like when I was looking for my hip guy, I was searching the internet for a I type in sculptor, artist, hip replacement person, and there there's a doctor and he's like working on this piece of marble. And I wanted like an artist person that worked on hips because that made me think they would approach it with a kind of you know, a passion or something like each one's. And he is that person. I think I got lucky. I also saw that it's dads were just like, oh, he's done all these professional athletes. But if you search online, I'm still searching for a new doctor that is under my insurance, and it's important to like find them on go on yelp. See what people say, I'm spending months to find the right person.
Speaker 2: It is important though. It is like it is you have to match up, which is not easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same with therapy. Yeah you just do your racer.
Speaker 2: That was sincere conversation listeners and you know me, I come out of the gates and I'm like this, Am I funny?
Speaker 1: Am I funny? Here's a joke. Here's a joke. Good, I make Karen laugh and that. But there's I'm a real person and I can be boring as well. It's my point. They yeah.
Speaker 2: About it.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite, the insult, agree with the insult, and then realize I was an insult, and go, hey, that is a format. I could play that game all day.
Speaker 2: That is classic twenties Hollywood comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you remember their twenties, so you're.
Speaker 2: Trying oh hey, sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the twenties. You remember that era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really did getting Flapper. You're the headliner at Flappers.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: In my dreams, I can tell that these are the last days I'm going to be able to wear my flip flops, which I wear every single day of summer. Oh yeah, starting in probably early spring because of how warm it always is in Los Angeles, and I just wear them constantly, don't give a shit. I won't change unless it's a very special occasion or something nice is happening. Yeah, and the last couple of days, I'm like, you gotta wrap this down first. This summer is wrapping down.
Speaker 1: So are you having uh like, trying to make closure with your flip flops? You wrest them down and have them lit and look at them at the night time.
Speaker 2: I put them on the neighbor's porch and look at them through the windows sadly, like they're not mine anymore.
Speaker 1: Every morning they walk over and hand them to you. It's an arrangement.
Speaker 2: Hey, stop doing this, they say.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, I'm the opposite. I meant looking forward to my outer layers. Those are some of my favorite clothes.
Speaker 2: I mean, it really is changing the time, the sweater weather is. We're mere hours away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to this line being done so I can stop looking at that Super Nintendo billboard because.
Speaker 2: This line is We've got special circumstances in front of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for some reason, I'm just gonna try and divert my eyes. That's what this is for.
Speaker 2: There you go, Yeah, you don't have to be. You don't have to be advertised to. No, you don't want to be.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be. I don't have an Xbox. You're just shoving it in my face that I have a Nintendo with a broken duck hunt gun. Oh, that's for Universal Studios. Do you ever go there in the area Universal Studio?
Speaker 2: I go there sometimes, very rarely sometimes to go to the movies, right or like I went there. I think this, I can't remember. It was pre COVID or right after. Must have been pre it must have been because Lauren, my niece, Lauren wanted to go for Harry Potter World, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I think we talked about that because I did not ever experience any Harry Potter movies. I'm not trying to lie or sound tough, but I've never watched a Potter film. Oh, nor read the books. But that's a given, you know me and books, Yeah, they're simply written to make me feel dumb.
Speaker 2: Well, these are your books, yes, and that's how it should work, right, And subtitles are always on two birds.
Speaker 1: And I very much enjoyed it, but I do. I did find out that everything, including roller coasters, make me sick.
Speaker 2: Now. Oh yeah, do you have an inner ear issue?
Speaker 1: I think it's cock clear. Yeah, I don't know what it is. I can't be jostled. I'll toss and it used to be spinning like the teacups or so. Yeah, yep, but you want me to flip around, I'll get on the zipper.
Speaker 2: Hi. I don't know how much is on this card, so I will start with that. Four fifty is what I owe you. Okay, no, thanks four fifty.
Speaker 1: Yep, coming up, coming, right up. That's why I ordered a new wallet, like.
Speaker 2: They it's not the best system.
Speaker 1: No, there's a money clip. Pick a thing, Thank you money clip or wallet.
Speaker 2: For fifteen you get some change back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love the jingle jangle of change.
Speaker 2: I can't be jostled. Is probably one of the greatest things you've ever said. Thank you.
Speaker 1: And teacup spinner like I can be on the gravitron. Sure, big circles, you bet right, tight circles. They always bothered me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they bothered me too, Thanks so much. Thank you. Holiday treat, holiday rule, yes, holliday. Oh shoot, sorry, Jim.
Speaker 1: Every time we go to clear it, there is I don't know what it is, but the first time you get a foamy coffee drink from this place saying our bogs. Yeah, there's an electric shock that happened when I touch my lip to it.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 1: Every time?
Speaker 2: Is it? The plastic cup, the new baby's cup.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting pinched or it feels like that, but it is a shock to my lips and it happens every time. Huh, yeah, I know it sounds like I'm making it up.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're lying. And also could it be the chi it's so spicy.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. And trust me, that's spice. It's got some kid, but it ain't the painful pinch of I would say nine volts.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like licking a battery. And then after I after that first sip, people out there are gonna know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I bet they will please write in listen, have you gotten shocked by a Saint Oarbucks cup? Let us know? Also, uh, it's the foam support unions.
Speaker 1: Yes, have you been shocked by the foam on your drink? Let us know, Betty White says, and then put in the sample there.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is what happens sometimes when I get a mocha and I don't know how they Also, if you listener, if anybody out there works saying our bucks and knows how these work. Sometimes I feel like there's no coffee in my mocha. I feel like I'm getting a hot chocolate because there doesn't seem to be any kind of underside. It feels like it's coco hot, cocoa vibes with no kick of coffee, right, right, But I wonder the way they make drinks. Do they pour the shots of espresso in after or first?
Speaker 1: Boy, I don't know, it's been a while since I look behind the curtain.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to talk, just say so.
Speaker 1: You don't have to rudely draw a curtain right at the register.
Speaker 2: Please please don't draw that curtain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and take off that ridiculous shower cap.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see what else is going on.
Speaker 1: I had a little buddy in my shower, just a spider that I was I'm I'm not trying to brag, but I don't unless they get on me. Then I'll switch the shit out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's scary.
Speaker 1: But a spider just this, This spider had their routine like would build a web and then during the day the web would be gone and they'd be like foraging around my tub.
Speaker 2: And wiping the wiping down services.
Speaker 1: And today, as long as I just do my normal thing, if the spider's in the tub and I turn on the water, hey that's on you, man. I just am not going to go out of my way to hurt the spider, okay, but it crawled behind the curtain and right then I saw the water splashing, and it's my routine to get in there and pull the curtain behind me, and that protected the spider. So I did notice, like, Okay, I guess because I'm doing what I normally do, I accident accidentally saved you. And I've been doing this dumb little mental game. And then I noticed at the end of my shower he was all in the drain, all crinkled up. He died, and it's my fault, and I just I've been actually feeling bad about it. What is that, Well, don't say therapy.
Speaker 2: It's not therapy. It's your ner owns. You were connecting with that spider and you were considering and connecting. I was just doing what I do, and yeah, it's healthy. And then next to it, we're three little tiny baby spiders daddy no, and they were alone. There was no mother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to see that play out. So I squish them barefoot, crushed them all. I'm not going to break up a home. No, I am the home. I do feel.
Speaker 2: Well, that's weird. I had a very similar and this is a day long legs. Oh, they are kind of scary and large. But I was going to say I had this similar experience with a cricket, which our good luck. There was a cricket in my sink, so I was like, okay, I've got to get this out of the sink and outside. And then there begins the physical comedy of trying to catch a cricket. Yeah, and walk it outside, but while it's touching me, and I don't want it to be touching me, so of course I drop it. And then I drop it on the ground, and then Frank immediately smashes and eats half of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: And I was like, first, well, Frank, that was good luck, so thanks so much. And then secondly, well it's extra good luck if you eat it, Frank. I don't know if that's the belief system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did Frank have a little leg that kept twitching in the corner of his smile.
Speaker 2: I mean, my dogs will eat kind of any animal or thing that comes along. They don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting. I don't if if there's one grasshopper on me, I'm cool with that. But when you go through a field and all of a sudden you're there's six or seven. I do panic, ye, and I know they can't hurt me.
Speaker 2: No, they don't do anything, but there are a little bit creepy.
Speaker 1: Well they got little knives on their calves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're really little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if they kick hard enough, saw your finger off?
Speaker 2: Man, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Probably not start a fire.
Speaker 2: To sing a little song with their legs is what they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all just let's just bring it out there. We're all thinking of Jimny cricket.
Speaker 2: We're all thinking of a little guy that wears a vest.
Speaker 1: Top hat was a song and dance cricket.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, talented grandma, you ran the red Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's it's because that grandma has a sporty car. I think it's got ski rack and all wheel drive, tinted windows. What are you doing, grandmaw? Wait a minute. It's funny because I just imagine it's I'm just in a in a stelgetty wig.
Speaker 2: Just that's how we have to get around town because people got so used to him seeing him and yelling at him like, oh I can't go anywhere now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's probably is how it's like. Anyway, Sorry about that, snooze fast of a spider story. But that's all I got.
Speaker 2: I think the listener likes to hear your day to day I think they like this. Essentially, this podcast is just a hang So I imagine that people hit play and they're like, these are my two dipshit friends. Yeah, it's like I'm in the car with them and they're gonna just bullshit. I can take a nap or i can get my thing done and they'll be holding it down for me, socializing on my behalf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care that we're the Yawnie of podcasts. There are certain bits you want to know. My most listen to podcast what brown noise.
Speaker 2: It's at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: When you get your Spotify review. Yeah, it's like white noise, but there's a little more. There's also like a wind in there, like farting. Yeah, no, that's pink noise the ceiling fan and I can't say it cleefs, but i'd i'd been I paying attention. At the end of the year, they give you your review and it's like congratulations. You listen to a lot of Rufus Wainwright or something, Okay, but this last time it was like you listen to a lot of brown noise, and it's like a ribbon, like they give you your little ceremony that plays like a video, and I listen to it because it does indeed help me sleep, and I give them those downloads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I don't it's very popular to be in the sleepy sleep aid business. People need to.
Speaker 2: God yamn relax these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's hard to sleep when I'm on I know, so I'm glad I've turned it off today. People need their rest from me.
Speaker 2: They need their rest. They can't be taking the japes and the jokes one after the other.
Speaker 1: Forget about my job and the jibs.
Speaker 2: They hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of a lot of my pranks and bits. They're like elbow to your gut.
Speaker 2: But if you had to buy any of the cars we can see right now, which one would you buy?
Speaker 1: I play that game all the time for real. Yeah, which one?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 1: That's the Grandma suber Oh you're okay. Yeah, it's all wheel drive. It's it's already got a rack on it.
Speaker 2: Yep. And uh and there's a gramma inside.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about. You see the rack on that thing. Who No, you could get bikes. I could put snowboards up there.
Speaker 2: Golf clubs. What are your other things? A bowling ball and a case with a glove.
Speaker 1: Let me list the things that distract from actual avoiding life. I didn't do that sentence real good.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been you know I I won't need my billiard queue anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, you hung that up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? To dry?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 1: Yeah road dard what that sounds dirty? But no, you know what it is, miss four h over here. That's in the twenties.
Speaker 2: You don't have to explain it to me.
Speaker 1: It's it's all it means is it doesn't really dry it. But after you ride a horse, you're supposed to brush it.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to take the saddle off. Yeah, and the blanket.
Speaker 1: Well, there's people that just leave the saddle on.
Speaker 2: Well I would most horse people would not, because they're paying tens of thousands of dollars for those g D horses. Yeah, I mean majestic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they are beautiful species.
Speaker 2: They really. I saw it before. I like in between meetings on because we still do zoom meetings and everything from home as we wait for the offices to open and buy.
Speaker 1: It's exciting and I probably have a desk. Yes, absolutely, yeah, I'm just gonna go there in color.
Speaker 2: Deal it. I'm gonna tell Danielle that you want.
Speaker 1: To ask, I just show up. I'm like, yep, that'll do, and grab my golf clubs and thanks.
Speaker 2: I clocked in. I want please put it on record. I was here for two hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all you did is these crayon drawings, Chris.
Speaker 2: We don't need these, and there's no refrigerator to hang them up on so you can take them with.
Speaker 1: You, even the ones I already put stars on.
Speaker 2: But to kill time in between meetings, which sometimes is like half an hour or whatever, I just watched TikTok. But I always forget that TikTok is as funny as it is moving and sad and heartwarming. So I fucking start crying all the time, and then I and then I have to jump on meeting and explain why I look like I've either been like getting high or having an emotional breakdown where which probably is a little bit of it, but I mean I was like, there's a little girl like your hair. It was just it's a real I can't remember why I was saying that though that was connected to something from before.
Speaker 1: You're avoiding the question which of these cars would you drive?
Speaker 2: Honda? OUDI yeah, I didn't give you much of these ones Classic Honda. I picked that silver two door Classic Honda.
Speaker 1: That's what I had.
Speaker 2: I know, because those things will not break down.
Speaker 1: I have never other than get the oil changed, done anything.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I whispered to it. I talked to it. I tell her I love it ever since I had Orville. I had that name was not one I gave your sister, No, the previous owner. When I bought this white Buick Skyhawk, She's like, will you please call the car Orville. I guess because it's white. She killed it okay, and I was like, yeah, whatever, crazy lady. And I did call the car Orville, and when I was all done, I was like, thanks, Raville. Like I actually say it out loud. I feel like in a whey, I do want car staff feelings. And when I'm like, ah, this piece of shit or I don't wash it, I apologize. It's very strange, but I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 2: Well, I did talk. You want to keep the vibes good so it doesn't like as you're driving through the desert, breakdown and.
Speaker 1: Write, leave you if there's no if there's no rhyme or reason to a car bursting into flames where you know. And I've ignored all the notices about apparent shards of metal that will fly on my airbag. I've been meaning to take it in. I have my own plan, Honda. I just tell my car I love it.
Speaker 2: Don't boss me. Yeah that was my impression of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't boss me. And man, that's strongly worded letters. How about giving me a phone numbers so I can take it. I'm not just going to the dealership. I don't think shards of metal are going to come out of my airbags?
Speaker 2: Do they want? Well? Why don't you? If they sent you a letter about it?
Speaker 1: Well, why do I stand again?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: I don't get a car for a while. I like living on the edge.
Speaker 2: It's not about Jane. You get a little white dog to come in that Subaru that's still in front of us. Do you see that doggie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a perfect dog.
Speaker 2: That's a great dog. I mean kind of partial husky. It looks like a half husky half rando.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi, but little Hi, it's like a little husky.
Speaker 2: He's a little guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh checking out the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The dog's looking down at the road like, oh man, we're going fast now.
Speaker 2: It's like, let's do this thing. Yeah, I'll say a spit dripping out of his mouth because he's loving the air so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should. I should probably get a pat and I wouldn't get attached to all these tub spiders.
Speaker 2: If you had a dog, can you think of a name off the top of your head, you would like to Winchester.
Speaker 1: So I could have a sign that says this house is protected by Winchester. And they won't know. They'll think I have guns. So it's a cute little shitsuit.
Speaker 2: It's just a shiny iliato malteezer.
Speaker 1: That's the funny thing, is I think I do want. I've been connecting more with little dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They're much easier to handle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they cuddle and they're not you know, they don't run in and knock.
Speaker 2: People over, right, and they just kind of stay where they are usually.
Speaker 1: I'm open, though I've gotten closes a couple of times, neighborhood cats, Instagram notices about Foster, you know, but I can't. I'm not supposed to have pets in my place, So I do think that's not good. Yeah, that would be the day. Oh we came to UH for the first time in four years, change the batteries and all the smoke detectors, and then.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, you're guilty as charge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just a couple of dogs sharing a spaghetti noodle. Sorry, but they're in love.
Speaker 2: Chris, you adopted lady and the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Same. What did tramp mean back then?
Speaker 2: It was just he was a stray dog. So I think they were just like, you know, he's almost like a hobo.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, it's those are words you can't Oh, and have you seen speaking of mcguy for not being quantum leap where they he looks in the mirror and he is in the body of someone with Down's syndrome. No, and the and they they do they do the word he could let's say, it's I'm regarded. Yes, is the word he looks in the mirror. It's insane, And Scott Bacul goes, I'm regard ard and it's insane that that back then.
Speaker 2: Yes, well back then there were no rules that back then it was like whatever A TV writer thinks is appropriate? Is the rule?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And no one else gets to say, especially the people who are affected negatively by the R word or any other race related thing, right, or it is any other marginalized group.
Speaker 1: And man, anything around two thousand and five even it's like, holy shit, the language in here.
Speaker 2: But can I just ask the question, that's a thing that you found on regular TV?
Speaker 1: No, it was a sample that gets thrown around a lot. Oh, virally, because I bet you they would catch that episode of did they?
Speaker 2: I think must have scrubbed that episode.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's so many people have seen it that probably didn't know who Scott Bacula ever was, because they're under thirty. Yeah, no offense to the back man, if he's listen, but yeah, he's got to be horrified that that's like his screen time right now? Is that moment Yeah, where he's like yeah, whatever, what's the line?
Speaker 2: What was the rest of the episode? Were they being like caring insensitive or were they being It wasn't like a comedy show.
Speaker 1: It probably was redeeming and maybe part of the storyline was that episode was like, oh, I've never thought about this group of people. Yeah, he learned he learned a valuable lesson. But you take that clip out of context ooh, baculus, or.
Speaker 2: Even in context. Yeah, really, yeah, do you see this lady with two little dogs in a baby stroller?
Speaker 1: You have good eyes. There are two little dogs. Yeah, one's tiny and looking through the legs of the other dog. I know, and they're both in the place of where there should be a baby. Thought that you should have a baby, lady, it's a dog stroller. It's a dog stroller. False alarm. You're doing what you s it in life.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what we could do right now, let's go through the car wash. It's like literally twenty feet long.
Speaker 1: I really want it. Okay, great, and we can describe it and there'll be sound effects if I roll the windows. No you, I'm forgetting about the water part.
Speaker 2: But can I borrow eight dollars because I don't have any cash.
Speaker 1: I do have tons of cash.
Speaker 2: I already saw. That's why you can't say.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I don't know. If I got eight lens, we'll see. Okay, Then my wallet shows up today. I guess I could just put my credit cards in it. Let's see here. My wallet has a chain and an eagle on it and nickel, little old nickels for buttons.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool. How much did that cost you?
Speaker 1: I think fifteen dollars?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Genuine weather cowhide sorry cow.
Speaker 2: One three, four, five, six, four or five eleven.
Speaker 1: Here you go, you do it?
Speaker 2: Oh? What do I do?
Speaker 1: Go into the drop it in the clothes and shoes drop off center.
Speaker 2: You bet. Give it to the man behind the thing and sake, can we get our car wash?
Speaker 1: I gotta go to the man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm making you do it all right?
Speaker 1: Here we go, bye bye, pausing for a moment. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: Did a man say he was going to come out and help us?
Speaker 1: I really didn't understand what my guy was saying.
Speaker 2: I think he's he is.
Speaker 1: I it does have a code.
Speaker 2: Oh there is a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh this is very exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gonna be good.
Speaker 1: I hope I don't get sick.
Speaker 2: We'll make sure you're not justled. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is this is this the kind of car wash where they spin the car and the brushes stay stationary. Those are a nightmare.
Speaker 2: You get spun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Before they figured it out, they're like put the car in a lazy susan. Oh, this is gonna be great. You got the neoprene thwappers. Thank you, yay yay, Well windows up. I want to make the classic. I sighed a TikTok of some guy that built a is that human?
Speaker 2: It's my tire in the right spot tyre Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Like that chevron jacket.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's cool.
Speaker 1: I want it.
Speaker 2: Neutral there it is, okay, thank you, hands off the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy built the pedals in his apartment, built a human car wash with all the like with hoses and everything, and he just walks through it and it's the most fascinating. It's like a Rube Goldberg machine.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. I will find it. No, that's the problem. You watch these things and then you don't know who made it. Did you just see it? And then you don't know how to refer to it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where you have to hit some sort of liking saving but want to pay for the storage. Listen, listener, We're about to go through the shortest most powerful car wash. Auto drives through car wash in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked they're yellow and black brushes that are all spiky. It looks like a porcupine that's into the bands striper.
Speaker 2: It looks like a bunglebeer theirs hair out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're slowly being we have there's no turning back now. Now even if you put it in gear.
Speaker 2: Can't do it.
Speaker 1: They're locked. Exciting.
Speaker 2: Oh, the soap is covering the windshields.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's gonna really do the job.
Speaker 2: It's so exciting.
Speaker 1: I'm a little scared. I can't see out the window.
Speaker 2: It's also you can look up here.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm too nervous to look up and look up Chris so much soap. We're so vulnerable right now. Oh, someone could rob us. They just have to be disguised as a big brush.
Speaker 2: They can't get in.
Speaker 1: No, the that's a good point. We're safer.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's safer here than you would be at the police station.
Speaker 1: You know what. I this is a comforting. This is like a heavy blanket.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, this is very therapeutic.
Speaker 1: It is nice. You hear that. By the way, that's brown noise, is it. Yeah, it's white noise with a little bit of interference.
Speaker 2: Okay, And it's also cleaning the shit out of my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a very asmr. Excuse me while I take a bite of this apple. Wait.
Speaker 2: Now we go through the rain cycle, the rints.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can see how much wax is in it. This is gonna make it sparkle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up? Rain? Rain and rinse, and then the wind look at Oh, it's every season in a day.
Speaker 1: Who says? Who says? It's just seventy five every day in Los Angeles? It's sprewo.
Speaker 2: And then you go by these guys that like, oh, yeah, they squee to you. Is that something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now we're going through the giant hand dryer. Yeah, very exciting. Can I roll down the window? I just wanted to see that would blow a bunch of air into my mouth and do that thing like from the Keystone light commercial. Oh oh, your car is gonna look great but pretty pretty lame? Ride for ten bucks?
Speaker 2: I mean I put it in drive. That's better and for me.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many people just stay in neutral and slowly coast into traffic.
Speaker 2: They just roll on the riverside.
Speaker 1: I bet it happens.
Speaker 2: Uh, thanks for buying me a car wash. Sure treat I didn't. I don't have any cash, but I can later. Oh it's okay, And now I can see through the windshield that we're using this whole time.
Speaker 1: Oh, you haven't washed it since the floods and they all that mishap. Right, not to out you as as as a super gross person. I well, when I was in Pedaluma, i went to no before I left. Sorry, I've been up there a couple of times.
Speaker 2: I went and took it to the hand wash, which is like you drive into a little your own individual station and you do it all like you put all the quarters in the real fast try to get it done. I did that one time, but I had waited so long that there's like stuff stuck to the hood and stuff. Right.
Speaker 1: When I do those, I pay twice and I just do waste the first one on soapy brush. Oh so I really, I get two dose as a soapy brush and you just scrub the hell out of there. Sep it on that setting, the first wash and then the next one. That's when I rushed through the other and so what in between washes? You can really scrub the bugs. Hey, did you go to your rock and roll formal?
Speaker 2: I did? I did, and.
Speaker 1: Please describe it.
Speaker 2: Okay. It was at a dairy ranch in my hometown of Paloma, the Gambanini Ranch. So it's outside of town, like two miles or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just funny that it was at a dairy ranch.
Speaker 2: It well, this is the weirdness of my hometown because when I was growing up, everything was dairy ranches and now every you know, there's certain places that aren't anymore, but they're so brilliant because they still own the property and they're turning them into event spaces. So you can have your wedding at the Gambanini Ranch. And it basically they went and took their dairy barn, which is like a thirty foot ceiling and you know that used to have it was where they used to milk the cows. Now they poured a cement, shiny cement floor, They have beautiful lighting. It obviously has walls now and so basically it's this big, gorgeous events space on the same like a footprint where the milking barn used to be. I'm assuming it was the milking bar. And it's out these beautiful like rolling hills outside of Petaluma. So it's absolutely gorgeous. And it was it was a fundraiser for Pedaluma Schools and so it's like they get they come there, they raise all this money and then they basically have a fund that distributes it to all of the schools and pedaluma. Oh, so everybody gets extra whatever they need.
Speaker 1: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: Isn't that great? And people there's a lot of giving and it's really lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be a nice night where everyone that's there knowing it's for a good cause.
Speaker 2: And here's my favorite part of it, which I knew was going to be your next question.
Speaker 1: My favorite part was it still smelled like manure.
Speaker 2: It was everyone was holding their notes all through dinner. No, my favorite part was so when I was growing up, at the end of our street, there was a corner store and we went there. We walked there to get candy every single day.
Speaker 1: That was like, oh I remember this old timey Yeah. Yeah, and it was part of it was and there's like a candy jerk in there.
Speaker 2: Uh no, No, it was a regular store, almost like a bodega where it's like you're not going to drive all the way into town, you can go get it at a just says. So it was a bar. It was a gas station in the front where my mom would the guy would pump the gas for my mom while she rolled up the window and smoked. She'd never put her cigarette out because it was just that convenience.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But then we get we would walk there just has something to do after school and buy candy, and it was just a huge part of our lives. Like we went there literally every single day. So we met a guy there whose name was jimy Agis the third and his grandparents are Jim and topsy Agists who owned the store with Frank and Chick Agis, who were the four people. They were like if this was a sitcom that I walked to every day. Wow, those were the main characters. They were the owners of the store. And it was also it was half a.
Speaker 1: Store and they were grown when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: Yes they were yeah, and it was half a store and half a bar. So behind the counter of the store he would ring up kids buying candy and then walk through a doorway and then bartend yes, oh wow on the other side. And so we were introduced to this kid. I mean, he's I don't know how old he is, but those are his grandparents, and so my sister and I were like, oh my god, your grandparents meant the world to us. We walked to that place every day I go, I dream about that store, like so many of my dreams are set in that store because it was like a foundational memory. Your grandparents were foundational people in my childhood, and it was He was delighted, and then he goes, well, then you're gonna want to see our family flicker page where because he's like the guy that keeps all the family photos. And so he had all these photos like from the seventies Pedluma, of all the of the store, of the bar.
Speaker 1: Did you find yourself in one?
Speaker 2: No? No, no no. But I got to see the store as it used to be, which was like a chance I would never have had.
Speaker 1: And they were just assigned to your table.
Speaker 2: They were. He was not at my table. He was he knows our friends. So he came up to say hi to her, and then she introduced us.
Speaker 1: Wow, and like you used to give me little brown bands the Swedish fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he didn't. He was like the grandchild.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 2: So we were basically telling him about how meaningful and important his grandparents were.
Speaker 1: Who long since passed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is very sweet.
Speaker 1: I love that it's a kid's like candy store and then a bar on the other side. Michae O'Connell and I tried to pitch a children so show idea where he would do songs, but I was going to be a bartender basically, but at a milk and candy place, So it was kids telling stories and talking about their feelings. And we didn't think about it much further than that. But I just loved the idea of like, what's been bothering you just slide a milk over to a little kid. Yeah, it's like cheers for kids and they're like, ah, my parents are getting a divorce. Well that doesn't mean they don't love you like those kind of it would. I thought if we had just had our shit together a little more in the pitch, I don't know, it still might be. I always thought, you like a son to do a kid's show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you needed like a Tim Burton type producer that got your vision.
Speaker 1: Right, because I wanted to teach drawing stuff like here's the imagine station and teach finally utilize my art teaching degree.
Speaker 2: It's still a great idea and you're both still alive and well, yes, yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: Love to have a kind of a show like that where it was we were making kids talk about stuff. Yeah, that would scare people ten years ago. Yeah, okay, let's I'll put pen to paper. The milk bar will be uh become a reality. But the kids don't get drunk. We ken't have to They had to say that during No, we aren't actually serving the alcohol. It will just look like a bar. But it's for kids. Cheers for kids. Well, we can't suggest they're getting drunk. Yeah. I kind of wish I wasn't saying the word bar, But.
Speaker 2: Well you've learned now you can like yeah, yeah, well I bet you though nowadays you could pitch that and somebody would understand what you were talking about exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these days, and no, sometimes with child actors behind the scenes, you do have to get yeah, you go. That's the only way to make a horse or a kid talk. Give them some boo. Uh. That was someone that wanted to make a mad Max car.
Speaker 2: That was a Mad Max car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a Mazda to eight Z that they they cut with a sheet metal cutter and added roll bars and metal and I do believe there's probably fake guns on the side.
Speaker 2: Holy shit. That was like, it almost scared me. That's why I whispered it. It's like, well, what's happened.
Speaker 1: Every town has that weirdo that wants to recreate the DeLorean from Back to the Future or the Ghostbusters station wagon, and it's uh, You're like, well, that's kind of cool. But then you always see that the driver has a screw loose. Yes, that's a person that like I like Mad Max and the idea of a dystopian.
Speaker 2: Future were I mean to shoot you for your gas. Please don't, please don't, sir. That's why I kept my voice real low as we drove by. This is an electric car. You can't. You want nothing from us, sir.
Speaker 1: You can shoot me for my gas though, and I ferta we take.
Speaker 2: Off brown noise. Oh man, that gave me.
Speaker 1: Oh that was like a dying man's last wish. That wheeze. Oh man, I need an inhaler. You've been listening to brown noise?
Speaker 2: Gee?
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: Fa RT.
Speaker 1: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 2: Produced by Analie Nelson.
Speaker 1: Mixed by Edson Choy.
Speaker 2: Our talent booker is Patrick Coottner.
Speaker 1: Theme song by Karen Kilgarrett.
Speaker 2: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks. Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar Podcast. That's d y Nar Podcast.
Speaker 1: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you both.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.