Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: We only need one. Okay, Derek did too, so now that makes it cool. See what happens there.
Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go look at a tip and this cap.
Speaker 2: God Nike everything on the boy? Oh yeah, always Nike. Huh always God damn.
Speaker 1: Dude, you've been a hard guest to reel end.
Speaker 3: Are we starting?
Speaker 2: We're interesting to do it? We roll, We just roll. You see that little trophy right there?
Speaker 3: Love it?
Speaker 2: It's so bros. Nashville Spirit Awards twenty nineteen bust when the Boys won it the first year in the game, first year in the game, did first prestigious award. It's probably better than a lot of ones you are gotten in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I'm not even surprised that you guys got the award. I mean, why is that? Because it was already written.
Speaker 4: I mean, whenever this this bus was ripped up and made into this and you guys started, y'alls busting.
Speaker 1: With the Boys, what'd you think when we got this?
Speaker 3: I knew what time it was. That's why I wanted to be on it.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Ota is last year He's like, give me on that, buck us, get me on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Taylor has always said that You've always wanted to get on it. And I was like, we need to hold out because he's gonna have a huge year. We need to get him on after the season.
Speaker 2: Low key, well two thousand during this season. But yeah, no, I said, I don't. I don't do pods during the season.
Speaker 1: Taylor had to be a lot of heat.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: When you get to spend it for four games and then you have as many penalties as I did in like three after that, not a lot you can do. I didn't to go outside, then came back and bold, Yeah, I appreciate the boy. I appreciate that. I can tell you what. You're only as good as your running back in the quarterback and you guys made me look good. Run left and don't talk like that because you know you're the goat. Every single.
Speaker 3: I have the goat here.
Speaker 1: Know you're really go.
Speaker 2: Tell him where that comes from.
Speaker 1: I can't fully remember. I think from for me when they had drafted. So when I had signed with the Titans, I was like, Okay, it's a contractor where I potentially can compete for a job yeada, YadA YadA. Once they drafted to Shawn the first round. I kind of knew, like you just said, I knew what time it was, like the first round draft pick is gonna play. So when I was kind of, you know, doing the whole backup special teams role having the most fun with it, I want to say you were facing some adversity in the year in the beginning, definitely, and me and I just I just want to think like we might have just been having a conversation and I was like one of us was like, oh, but you're a stud, and we just call it started calling each other's stud. Do you remember I thought that.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like during like practice or something, and we were like those offense versus defense, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, I smoked you and you said, you know you're a stud.
Speaker 4: Not not really out there, you know, Derek, Like, well I actually did one time you got my face like it was seven on seven, I know, and you hit Derek no. But we I think we actually like that it up and you were liketice every time we've seen each other.
Speaker 2: We started, yeah, dude, how about that Raiders game because you told them before we played like a week before we played, we were on FaceTime and you're like, I can't wait to tackle Derek because I tackled I'm going to call him a stud. I don't think you tackled him once.
Speaker 1: Then I got yeah, And in the second half, I was down there and I was wanting him to hear so bad. I just kept saying it over and.
Speaker 2: Over, dere Derek's different on game days.
Speaker 3: How many jersey did you leave with that game?
Speaker 1: Uh? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think, like is the NFL record? It might be.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I fired up. I've told Taylor like I was. I was fired up at that moment. I guess I know. I know one jersey wasn't in the mix, and that was stunts. That was yours. I don't have a Derrick Henry jersey going to work something out and there's some jerseys in there. Shout out to the boys. Love every single one of the jerseys, but yours can be in that mix.
Speaker 4: You should be in that. You know what I'm saying, bro, And we call each other stuns. But nothing was communicated about the jerseys though.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know that was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Who fault is that?
Speaker 1: Wesley Woodyards always going to say Wesley Woodyard. He had that exactly drawn up. First of Look at long Jack Conklin's jersey. Yeah, zero, my god, I know that's embarrassing Jack. He had to cut that thing up a little bit it Derek. I think there's probably three inches on Derek's jersey.
Speaker 2: You roll that thing up to the belly button.
Speaker 4: So who who who controls the drip? The game day swag? The game day drip in your room?
Speaker 3: Is that? Is that? I mean with the sleeve and the I mean I mean look at Cocklan jersey.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, he's talking about those are the you gotta communicate because you gotta go.
Speaker 2: You go to them and then you get your jersey cut before camp.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I kind of thought like, hey, you guys, be like, hey, this is how we're gonna look. Because every game where you all come out, y'all wait for each other. So I thought you'll had like an agreement on everything, like the jerseys swag.
Speaker 2: Dude, if you pull up a picture of all five of us, we all just wigh different. My cleats are different, my socks are the lowest. I have the shortest jersey by far.
Speaker 3: I always wanted to do while I'm and worry about, like, you know, this swag.
Speaker 1: He'd for next year?
Speaker 2: Hey, the boy look pretty solid?
Speaker 3: Dehuh?
Speaker 2: This year?
Speaker 3: Definitely the visor. I love the the helmet change and the visor.
Speaker 2: You appreciate at that move.
Speaker 1: Talk about talk about your swag next year? Where are you gonna come correct?
Speaker 2: Oh dude, I'm getting a grill. I told you this though, I'm gonna do that. That what's that? Like? The dirty yellow? It's like not like the bright yellow, but it looks like almost like a muddy yellow, like it's a gold, like.
Speaker 3: A mustard yellow. The mouthpiece, no, like whatever, I want a grill, You can wear a grill.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wear a grill.
Speaker 3: Grill.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh man, is that bad?
Speaker 1: Do you think that's kind of dangerous? Darren Bates doesn't even wear a real grill. He wears a mouthpiece. Grill.
Speaker 4: Get a mouthpiece, grill? I think that's it looks like a grill. It's just a mouthpiece. You can't really trying to put that metal.
Speaker 2: I've never never, I've never worn a mouthpiece in the NFL. I stop wearing a mouthpiece after my rookie year. Really, yeah, I don't wear a mouth because you can't talk.
Speaker 1: I know, but what do you wear a mouthpiece? What what communicating you?
Speaker 2: You don't wear the bottom ones.
Speaker 3: I don't wear a mouthpiece at all, bro, How.
Speaker 2: Do you not wear a mouthpiece with like the hits you take?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just I have to wear him in collars and like high school. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just feels it's way more comfortable not wearing one now.
Speaker 3: I mean I went like two games.
Speaker 4: I remember rookie year because I was supposed to war when I went like two games without it, and I was like, I think, I'm I'm.
Speaker 3: Good on this, I'm good on it. Yeah, I don't know my peace.
Speaker 2: Dang, that's wild because because I like watching like the Marco your rookie year. We're playing the Bears, and I seen him and he went on a screen and he got tackled in his head like bounced off, and he got up like there was no problem. Running backs take some hits.
Speaker 4: I've definitely had like a busted lip or two, you know, without wearing one, but it hasn't been like nothing crazy, it got crazy out.
Speaker 3: I definitely would consider one.
Speaker 1: But what have you had that you've always remembered.
Speaker 3: But hit that I had to always remember. It hasn't been nothing too outrageed yet let me knock on wood. Guys. We don't want any hiccups here, No.
Speaker 2: We do not, but we do not not.
Speaker 3: Not quite yet.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, I don't want to say I wanted to come, but I mean, not not quite yet.
Speaker 2: The thing that, the thing that the about you is that you're such a big dude that no one wants to hit you high. But you're elusive enough. Like when dudes go alon on you, you never really I've never seen someone try to stick.
Speaker 4: There, you know, when you have like a cutback and somebody's coming from you know, the other side of the field that's trying to try to destroy you. I'm sure you know how oh those angles and how they try to come in. But there's been times when people then try to try to knock me, knock my head off. But I mean, it hasn't been nothing like too crazy. But that's football.
Speaker 1: Before we get into the next little deal, the boys got to interrupt this beautiful podcast for seat geek. Listen. We gotta pay some bills, so you're you're gonna you're you bet your asstream a. Listen to this ad. Buying tickets can be complicated and confusing, but there's a simpler way to buy with seat Geek. Seat geek is the smartest, easiest, the most efficient way to get tickets for every type of live event. Whether you're catching your favorite musician on tours, shopping for the perfect gift, or searching for a last minute little deal to your favorite team, Seek geek helps you find the best seats in the house, fully guaranteed. Nothing beats being there in person for the biggest place of the year, and seat geek will get you closer to that action for great value. Matter of fact, the Boy has seat Geek. I downloaded him last week. The boy bought tickets Saturday morning to go watch Caleb Plant defend his world titles. Shout out Caleb Plant. No free shoutouts, of course, but shout out the boy Caleb Plant for defending that world belding in phenomenal fashion. But anyway, see geek helped me do that. Within just a few taps, I could instantly find seats and I was there. I was happy, I was excited. It was all within budget. Because the Boy's on the damn budget all the time. See Geek is designed to help make your ticket buying experience easier than ever. See Geek saves your time and money by searching multiple ticket sites to compare prices and find amazing deals and to get you the most bang for your buck. Sea Geek grades every ticket based on value to help you immediately identify the best seats that fit your budget. Plus, every purchase is fully guaranteed, so you can shot for tickets with confidence. See Geek needs to be your go to app for finding the best deals on every type of ticket, whether it's in sports, concerts, comedy, eater, whatever the hell you're into seats, Seat Geek has your back. Best of all the wolves, the puffs, all the listeners. You get ten dollars off your first seat Geek purchase. Download the app, enter promo code busting. That's Faller ship that we have a promo code thanks to you guys. Use promo code busting when you download the app to get ten dollars off your first seat Geek purchase. Now back to this banger pod.
Speaker 2: When you get in the open field, I don't think you like and you're you have green grass. I don't think you see anybody. Because you're so fast, it's never going to be like a problem. You know, you never think people are gonna catch you. Have you ever been caught?
Speaker 4: I actually I hate talking about this, but the mass he starts getting. I got so used to like breaking and then scoring that I would slow down the raven Yeah, the Ravens games. So now I got kind of like I gotta finish it the whole way. I slowed down. I slowed down. I almost got caught in the Ravens game. I finally slowed down because I thought I thought was behind me. Usually when I break, I usually break, but I guess.
Speaker 3: Salty, Yeah I am.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like I don't like seeing the highlight, even though it was like a sixty two yarder.
Speaker 3: I hate the highlight.
Speaker 4: The thing about that that I would never I would that will live with me to the day I die, because that highlight I cannot.
Speaker 3: I cannot.
Speaker 2: The thing about that play was it was third and one and we ran like an open side to the left run, but with a lot Jonay Smith cutting back and he was supposed to hit the d end. Derek hits a hole so hard that he beats. He actually hits the d n who was getting ready to hit John and he didn't even see Derek perfect.
Speaker 1: This is what I wanted to ask about. What do you think about? What do you think about watching that highlight with a freaking goat Earl Thomas?
Speaker 3: Well looking football?
Speaker 4: You know, there's stilling to be a lot of a lot of talking. I mean, it's a big, a big game. Those guys have been playing very well and.
Speaker 2: Get a hype about it.
Speaker 4: Look at base over there, and we just got done playing the Patriots. We had a pretty good game on the ground, and I guess those guys ground players on stopping to run, so I could say that he was trying to get his guys going in himself. So when then I got to that point in the run he was approaching, I'm like, this is the moment where.
Speaker 1: He was telling the media you thought that moment too, when you're running, Yeah, yes, here it goes.
Speaker 3: This is this is the moment where you know it's me and him and it happens.
Speaker 1: As it's happening. What are you thinking when you got.
Speaker 4: I was so focused, is just like, you know, just trying to throw him out the club that I ran myself out of bounce. Watch this I'm trying to give another shove and I ran myself out of bounce and then I try to stand him down afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yo, you stared the ship out of him. You you stare through bro. The thing is too is hey, hey, he's so hyped right thro look at him, look at you, and you don't really do anything like that during games. He did THEREK doesn't really talk, but he talked twice in this game. You did that. And then he said something like look at him.
Speaker 3: But he's up all the players.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, well, I mean, if I get opportunity, I mean I got to bring it. You know, we all know who type of player. Earl Thomas is. Future whole face on on one. I gotta bring my game.
Speaker 2: He's a future Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: I think he is, no question.
Speaker 2: Look at the circle the boy literally me and Rogers block did not matter at all.
Speaker 1: There it was. And what's crazy is he's doing exactly exactly what we're all coaching. Do chop the stiff arm down. Look and you just fucking couldn't. That's that's guys.
Speaker 3: Made my job so easy, bro, no question, guys made my job so.
Speaker 2: Y know, you break you break that there's nothing here. This is third and one. This is the play we were just talking about where Derek hates to see the don't want to go all the way?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Can we just turn this off? Please?
Speaker 1: And right? Is right?
Speaker 3: It all?
Speaker 1: Slow down?
Speaker 3: Turn it all. I might gonn run sprints after this because of that.
Speaker 2: Dude, Hey, go but turn that back on.
Speaker 1: Do not turn it off.
Speaker 2: See if there's a different angle, but don't let that one finish.
Speaker 3: Turn it just hit play, hit play. No, why are you doing it to me?
Speaker 1: Because I want to see exactly why you're slowing down?
Speaker 3: Why? Why are you doing this?
Speaker 1: You're dud dude?
Speaker 2: Why would he I tell you what? You're a guest in the bus and he's disrespecting you right now?
Speaker 1: Wow, dude, you know I'm a bit hues Derek heart, are you go about to stay on me?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Fucking the la?
Speaker 2: I see a little bit, here's possible right here. So this play right here, John new Smith is coming back to block ninety nine. Derek is gonna beat he when Derek SE's a hole, Derek literally just hits it right away. What was that Houston game? It was like third and one and you were like snap the fucking ball because you knew that were they was like they were playing base defense.
Speaker 3: They weren't even like the lines at all, exactly.
Speaker 2: So Derek sees this and he literally, when you when you play it, not yet, he this guy's gonna get ready to hit John and not even see Derek and Derrison bounce off the two of them. That's what makes the whole go because there's literally nothing here. The offensive line does nothing here. Play it.
Speaker 1: Let's see what the defense master were literally out manned, out manned and outgunned.
Speaker 2: Dear god, look at this guy. Peters is tiny, though, Bro, he's gonna be fast like that first NFL T Champ.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, that was dope. Boy ran himself the Tim Tebow jump pass.
Speaker 3: If I didn't explete that pass, you know how bad I would have felt? Did you right here? Look at Marcus right there?
Speaker 2: He yes, he was like, Bro, Marcus waving waving could have did like this.
Speaker 3: I could have tossed him the ball.
Speaker 2: What did what did Tannehill say? Do you after that?
Speaker 3: What did Tannehill say? Yeah, I finally did it because you're thinking about it.
Speaker 4: When we played the Jaguars and I had the it was like a fake toss passed John and I forced to pass interference. And then last year we played Redskins, I threw it to Luke and that was Do you remember that we played.
Speaker 3: The Redskins stocking light? Yes, So I'm like, man if.
Speaker 4: It gave it another opportunity to do, I was, I gotta throw it, I gotta complete this pass.
Speaker 3: I threw the core and on his birthday it was perfect.
Speaker 2: How many yards a getting this game?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I had?
Speaker 2: Uh, what it's like one eight four or something like that?
Speaker 3: One one?
Speaker 2: Where's that five?
Speaker 1: Were you nervous a ship when you're about to that? Look at Taylor.
Speaker 2: It's such an attention horror.
Speaker 1: There's a touchdown, first out or anything. I'm like, you'd think Taylor runs the ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, I get fired up for the boys.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Hey, Lamar's a stunt and he looks defeated right there.
Speaker 3: Perfect play call, perfect arcoll. Shout out Arthur Smith.
Speaker 2: Shout out, no free shoutouts, but shout out to Arthur Smith. Dude, that was awesome. He's a g of the pod too, he really is. He was on the podcast. Yeah, that was so rad. That whole run was so sick. Shout out CD CD shout out.
Speaker 1: Shout out old line dude, heye, shout outs.
Speaker 2: For those of you who do not know, Corey Davis had a turf toe in early in the year. I mean, he's at the hero we deserve, but that he's the hero we got working through that turf toe here, we need a nice little run to there was what was the one Earl started talking ship after You're like, Earl, man, I got like two nd on y'all.
Speaker 3: I did not know they caught that.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: And that's a little block here for the boys.
Speaker 3: Right here.
Speaker 2: Looking at that whole Bossing game, I see you, bro, Bossing game put his little face in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the what was the little chair?
Speaker 2: Like he was in the ground and Earl Thomas like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, as soon as I see a man that's somebody sitting to me tw I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, how did were you miked up that game?
Speaker 4: I was I think somebody else was miked up that was around, Like I think one of the Ravens players miked up and they caught me saying.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh man, my god.
Speaker 1: Hey, but it is what it is is you're you're you're in the game. It's football.
Speaker 2: Hey, this man, this man in the huddle does not talk and gets so mad at me in the huddle.
Speaker 1: He gets mad, he gets what do you mean? I gets?
Speaker 2: Did you get mad?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: If I'm like, because if we have there's a couple of players where a.
Speaker 4: Couple of places where yeah, I have to you know, tip your outside. You're like, there, you got my outside.
Speaker 2: Because it's the it's it's that's your job on the play.
Speaker 4: Look, it's not coming from a bad place. I think I'd be thinking you'd be telling me that. I remind me, like, I don't know. I'm like, no, I got you.
Speaker 2: I'm telling I'm telling you because I'm going to be short to help Roger out on the specific play we're talking about. On that play, I'm like, I gotta go slow so there's not a huge gap for Roger.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, what I'm telling you, trust, hang on, hang on, let him.
Speaker 4: And what I'm telling you is when your for the boys, you have to trust someone who's for the boys have your back.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: When you're tight, when you're tighten they tighten up, they tighten up. Dude, you miss most inspirational tmate we've ever had.
Speaker 3: You missed it?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: What I miss Like every Thursday. Every Thursday, Derek would come in and say, like, after a walk through, our pre walk through, before the walk before the.
Speaker 3: Most legendary speeches you'll ever hear. Yes, every Thursday.
Speaker 4: I mean guys were just like guys would They would clear every everything on their schedule just to get ready for that speech.
Speaker 2: Defensive players would come out just to hear it. Really, it was insane.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would have been a hell of a hype, dude, speech I can't.
Speaker 4: To me, I felt like I changed lives when I when I when I did it every Thursday.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something? My life changed? My life changed for the better?
Speaker 1: Can I Can we have a sentence that I missed that I can.
Speaker 2: I'll say you, I'll tay sentence and what did Titans do? That's the ending? Always, that's always the ending.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Can you say what the speech was?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 3: It was It's legendary, Bro. You can't in the moment.
Speaker 4: Bro is in the moment, Bro, it is for that time and that time being. When another time comes up, maybe we'll record and similar to you.
Speaker 2: Buddy, next time. Next Thursday, first week week one Thursday. I'll have my phone on me and I'll record it and I'll send it to you. I record it, I don't even know if I can. That's for Titans only. That's all right, dude, all right, So maybe one of the best years running backs ever had.
Speaker 3: Uh it was. It was a good one.
Speaker 1: But uh, you know, who do you think about when he says taste Yeah, no championship just because you lost theft championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it's just like, oh, it's left a sound of tasting your mouth.
Speaker 1: It's just like, but you gotta be you gotta be hype about the performance you had this year. I know it's it's always about team, but when you're laying in bed after you have a hell of a year, you got to feel good about what you've overcame in your own journey. And she's like that to be like, yo, I'm fucking I'm feeling good about where I'm at.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think about how my teammates feel as far as me as a teammate, and.
Speaker 3: How how I play.
Speaker 4: I get more, I get more, I guess out of your teammates, get get a more great feeling out of that. Rather than me, you know, boosting myself up, hyping myself up about what I did. I like looking at them and seeing their reactions or you know, listening to them talk about the season or talk about me as a teammate.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's the fee. That's that's what I like. I picked up that.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. One of the best teamers ever had, one of my favorite teammates I've ever had, the boy because it runs hard as fuck. So okay, let's let's hit it back real quick. So the boy goes Alabama, roll time kills it. Whin's the Heisman.
Speaker 3: Second round pick, second round pick, second round.
Speaker 2: Pick, which which in all in all, as far as contracts go, you would rather be early second round pick than a first round pick because he has that fifth year option. You have to deal with a fifth year option. The only thing we have to deal is as a franchise or franchise tacker transition.
Speaker 1: To tell what the way it goes, undrafted boys.
Speaker 2: Three year I guess so except for the you know, three million dollars that Derek got. But yeah, that's solid too. I'm I'm sure a signing bonus of.
Speaker 1: Ship thirty six hundred after taxes Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Look at it.
Speaker 4: I have more people who get undrafted that stick with it, that stay in it. I mean a lot of people hear about all these undrafted stories, but they don't know exactly what undrafted players have to.
Speaker 3: Go through, no doubt, you know.
Speaker 4: So I got a lot of respect for undrafted players. You know, obviously I never had to go through it. But just watching them and keep persevering no matter what, having a move, getting cut, not knowing you know, what's going to happen each and every day.
Speaker 3: But just keep grinding.
Speaker 4: You know. That's just that's another motivation for me as well, you know, because even though you feel like you have it all, it could be gone just like that.
Speaker 1: That's good perspect to Jesus Christ. I know, dude, that kind of fired me up. Shout out undrafted Cats for shout outs Jesus to.
Speaker 3: The undrafted players. Man, y'all, keep grinding.
Speaker 2: See you at Alabama Heisman Trophy, win a second second round pick. Your first year, you're splitting time with the Marco. Your second year you get to not know no. Second year, you're also stalling. Bro talk talking about your six years.
Speaker 1: Talk about your first couple of years in the NFL talk about your rookie year and then I don't even know what happened after only your second year, so talk to us about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my first, my first year, it was it was different. Like Taylor just said, I was coming off national championship, went in the Heisman, playing every snap Cloud nine to being going to the Titans in the second round, you know, appreciating drafting me and giving me the opportunity to pursue my dreams and you know, love my dream as well. And then I get in and you know, I'm a backup. So it was a little bit of an adjustment, you know, as far as you know me playing and you know what my outlook was of me playing.
Speaker 3: You know, it was just like you know, growing pains. Everybody has them, right because you want the ball, Yeah exactly. I mean that, I mean my position.
Speaker 4: You want the ball to make plays, help the team, do all those good things as a running back, and everybody that's running back wants to come in and hit on high cylinders and you know, do this and do that. But that wasn't that wasn't That wasn't my. That wasn't that wasn't me. I mean, I mean me coming in the lead. That wasn't how my career started off. So you know, those first two years, it was definitely a growing experience. It was an adjustment, but you know, I feel like it made it. It made me into who I am today, you know what I'm saying. So I definitely appreciate those years at the time that Taylor always say, you didn't talk Nobody did, You didn't say anything, nobody.
Speaker 2: Knew who you were. No, I didn't say that. I said, you never talked Like I would go up to y'all trying to get to introduce myself and you just stare at me. And then eventually you became boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean it was I mean, it definitely was a growing experience. Like, I mean, everything happened for a reason. So I mean though, I feel like that helped me grow into the first time today and as a player. So I mean, and I mean how everything played out was your That's how it was supposed to happen.
Speaker 1: So was your one and two kind of the same for you? Or did you or did you get more year?
Speaker 3: Each year?
Speaker 4: I got, I got more playing time, Say I got a little bit more playing time than I was uh than then the years before. So then my first year I had like one hundred teen carries. Second year like one seventy six, third year, two ten, fourth year.
Speaker 1: It was your third year was last year right when I was on You just finished your third year, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first two years, I mean, and also like getting it's a good thing in the beginning to not necessarily be the feature back all the way for the sole reason of you have you have more carrics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically a blessing in disguise. Yeah, really is.
Speaker 2: But in the time you're going through it, like when I first I got drafted first round pick and I was a backup my first six games. Now, I wouldn't have played if Michael Ruse didn't get hurt. And so at the time, I'm like, my ego hurt. Obviously I'm thinking, man, am I already a bus But.
Speaker 4: It's not really like it's not I wouldn't say it's really I mean, I guess you could say it's ego, but it's the competitive nature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no question that you're the best.
Speaker 4: At what you do, and you know, you feel like your talents can you know, help your team by you being out there and you know, doing whatever you can to you know, help the team win games. So I mean, I guess it's an ego thing as well, but you know it's what's so competitive that you know, you just you just want to be out there and there's nothing you feel like when you feel like you're not out there, just like dang yeah.
Speaker 1: And there's nothing wrong with it. You go, you got to have something, exactly, and if you get drafted high, I would assume that you feel like you have you you're ready to prove yourself right. You're ready to prove what people say you get. You know, you do all the the draft day stuff and things like that, and then your own self. You're ready to like prove everything correct because it's like this whole life, this is it. I'm ready to go in there and fucking bang and put on and show everybody that I am what the Titans drafted.
Speaker 3: Me as exactly.
Speaker 2: There's there's definitely a form of being like I have to prove that it was I was a good pick, Like the Titans made the right decision right. When you do it, and you don't like you don't want to let yourself down, you know, let your family down, you don't let the team down. Yeah, those types of things. So, I mean, it's it's a tough it's a tough pill to swallow at first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that. You do you feel do you feel do you feel some of that when you signed the biggest deal last year, when you're the highest paid lineman.
Speaker 2: When I when I signed that deal, I don't know, like I thought. I thought. My my biggest thing in my head was like, just be consistent. If you can be a Pro Bowl guy every single year and be that, be a guy that when they look at a game plan, they look at defenses and go, well, we don't have to worry about Taylor because my my thing isn't I don't get carries, I don't get catches, I don't I don't throw the ball. Like I'm literally like I'm a player that when you look at me, it's like, do we have to worry about the guy?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Then we're good? You know what I'm saying that? And and that was my thing is like just be as reliable as I possibly can. And but I I mean, Derek knows I'm as competitive as it comes. And my stats to me are like when's Derek get to run left. I'm on Arthur all the time. He run the ball left, run the ball left. You know, I joke with Derek all the time, like run left. And Jack and Nate did an amazing job this year. And I never take a head from that. But like we have that competitive like we want the yards on our right. And I think that was kind of drove this offens line a little bit as having that competitive like, you know, we don't get stats, so let's try to find a way where we can make the competitive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and dislike with me, like when I got drafted, you know, and you know, being a backup, you know, every year, I always like evaluate, you know, how I play far as me you know, as a player, And I always knew at some point, you know, the table is a turn where you know I have that I had that time, I have that moment where you know I'm I'm not going.
Speaker 1: To be able to keep you in the cage.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I mentioned I knew what happened, and just you just got to stay patient, Like I mean, I don't mean to get to you know, well, I always talk to God each year. I mean I tell him what I want and tell him, I go, I'm going whatever I pray for, I'm gonna work for.
Speaker 3: So you know, each each and every day I do that.
Speaker 4: Each and every year I did that, and that's what I continue to do. I mean, each and every year. I always want to be better. So if it's fifteen hundred this year, I want to go above that. So that's just high am. I want to be better each and every year I can be.
Speaker 1: When do you feel like that started to turn for you? When you started to get that opportunity and like that whole all right, this is the moment, this is this is my chance that I'm not going to look back on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think when ever, the my third year, when you were there, you know, when I actually got my opportunity, I felt like I was just trying to like, like I.
Speaker 3: Like I had to.
Speaker 4: I had to make some splash each and every play rather than just you know, relaxing, letting the game come to me, you know, and just go out there and play and play free, you know, because eventually, you know it'll pop open. And I think at the beginning of the beginning of the year of my third year, I was just trying to like do too much and it started affecting me how I played and you know and everything like that. So whenever after they made the change, you know, with Dion and things like that, it gave me a chance to evaluate myself, you know, approach adversity in a way, not as oh, man, now I'm just gonna throw throwing the towel and be like tank and not.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't want to do nothing about it.
Speaker 4: I just you know, took it like a man, and you know, took it in the chin, and you know, kept working and eventually, you know, everything popped. You know, when I got my opportunity to I think the jack will put the Jaguars on Thursday night and.
Speaker 3: It went on and went off from there. I talked I had called Eddie. I think we played.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys and then after that we had to play the Patriots, and I called Eddie, I think that night, and you know, he talked to me.
Speaker 3: He was like, man, you you're running soft. You gotta play better. You gotta do.
Speaker 4: You got to use your asside, the church, your advantage and let the game come to you. Be patient. You know, you ain't always got to make a big, a big play, a big splash play, it's gonna happen, you know, and you know, just just keep grinding, and that's what I did, and ever since then everything's you know, start happening.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean going through a diversity is kind of the one of the more important things of the NFL or any anything in life, because if you're up, if you're winning all the time, it's almost a bad thing. Is it is to be motivated constantly? Is you have to lose a little bit or have some have negative things happen as well. Like it's funny how similar our situations are, Like you had to deal with the adversity of Dione coming in taking a lot of the carries and then you having to work through that and talking to Eddie, like when I came back from my suspension, I thought to myself, like you got to do you got to like do so much of this offense changes, Like I tried to do way too much when I first came back, as opposed to just just go back to being a left tackle, Like just go back to doing your job and taking care of what you can control. And then Eddie George said some stuff on uh, I don't remember what what radio show was, No shouts. But I remember texting you and I was like, what's Eddie's number? Because I want to talk to him because he well, he he said, he's like, he doesn't think the team views me as a leader. He doesn't feel the NFL views me a leader, like that kind of stuff, and you know that stuff hurt to hear. But at the same time, like there's got to be some sort of relevance in that if it's a guy outside the locker room noticing something. So I called, I text Derek. I said, what's Eddie's number? He texted me the number, and I called him, and I don't know how the conversation was going to go. He was going on a fight, and he was he was honesome me. He's like, you need to He's like, you have the ability to be a leader. You just got to do it in the way that you know how to do it, like be yourself, Just be yourself and stuff like that. And that's where you know, have started a competition with Jack and pushing like who's gonna get the most yards of this game, and being more positive in the room and just focusing on my job what I can control, on the people around me. Roger or if it's tied end next to me. Those are the things that helped me become a better leader. So in a lot of ways, I guess Eddie really helped this team.
Speaker 1: A couple Eddie stories right there, YEA. Honestly though, I that's why I think the whole little inside joke stud thing came about, because I remember the times when you were battle that adversity and you weren't thrown in the tail. You were taking, as you were saying, taking stuff like a man and things like that, like you were being a true pro about everything, like it's hard to kind of fall or being a like a backup roll or a roll position and kind of take that stuff to the chin and still come to work every day and find like the silver lining and everything. And when you did go off in the Jacksonville game, I remember being so hype about it because I had seen, you know, the things that I guess you were going through that year leading up to a point like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, you know, really how how I approach everything. I just try to, you know, look at it as like a you know, a kid that's looking up to me, and you know, just try to, you know, be a great example on how to hand on how to handle situations like that because you look at it like, you know, people think we play in the NFL, everything is just all good.
Speaker 1: And money, music, video life.
Speaker 4: You know, it's also real life too, and you know, adversity comes in all different shapes and forums. And you know I've I've had it all throughout my career. And you know when I had it that year, you know, I just approach it the same, Overcome it, you know, be a man about it, you know, on to what's been going on, and then change it and then and that's how and that's how I approached it, man. And you know, I definitely want to be situation to young athletes and young kids. You know, to be in, you know, a hard situation. You're back against the wall. You know, you don't let it, you don't let it break you. You know, you just persevere and to keep pushing.
Speaker 2: One thing if any kids do watch is and they want to be the next Derek Henry. From an outsider's perspective looking in and being around you, somewhech if you want to be like you. The one thing I noticed about you is you your own biggest critic. Like when we sit next to each other on the plane and away games, and I'll be watching the film and I'll have a play if you bust in fifty yards and you'll skip past that. But then you we'll go to one where you get two or three and you'll be mad about, Oh, I should have done this, or I should have done that. Like you're constantly looking for an opportunity to get better, and it's the game ended three hours ago. You know what I'm saying. You're on the plane on the way home, and I think that's be proud of yourself for the things that you achieve. That's what everyone should do. You should be proud of that. But like know that there's always an opportunity to get better, and there's like you know, there's no perfect game. That's the best part about football is you never have a perfect game. Doesn't matter what position you play. Yeah, that type of stuff. But you go back and I mean, you had the season you did, scround player, that your congratulations. Then I had the opportunity to say it to your face.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the boys, the boys for making that possible.
Speaker 2: So you get that that's unbelievable, and you're going and you went to the first Pro Bowl. What was that like? Second team All Pro snubbed? What do you what do you do?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What was the Pro Bowl?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Explain that Pro.
Speaker 3: Bowl was fun?
Speaker 4: Man, you know, fourth year, finally finally got my first one. Uh, gotta spend a lot of time with you know, different guys. You know we play against. It's very laid back. You know, your family comes there. Everybody's family is there. You get to hang out, you know, everybody, You get to go to Universal.
Speaker 3: It went out, the whole thing for free.
Speaker 4: You get the right rides, especially to spend the time with your family, having a good time, you know, with everybody, with all the players, and getting to know each other.
Speaker 3: A little more.
Speaker 4: I definitely enjoyed it, you know, you know, grateful that I got opportunity to, you know, make it finally out out to my teammates.
Speaker 3: Never never can forget those guys.
Speaker 4: But you know, it was an experience that I've been waiting on and definitely grateful for.
Speaker 2: It was that that's a super cool experience.
Speaker 1: That boys yoked the boy.
Speaker 2: The boy stacked up and that's January body, Like you know, he had been eating the best, but he's stacked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell how many three? Three? Three? I went to one.
Speaker 2: Wish it was four. I wish it was four. The the next year, we're not going to be in it, but we'll make it.
Speaker 3: See, yeah, exactly, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, what all right? So you go, you go the Pro Bowl, you go to Miami right after that.
Speaker 1: So we were chasing him down. We've been trying to lock him in for a part for a while. Last lot of people want the boy.
Speaker 2: Hey, the boys, pot boys righting high.
Speaker 1: We're trying to like, hey, don't forget about the little people in here in the bush.
Speaker 3: But just as much as y'll been chasing, I've been trying to get on.
Speaker 2: So I've been given, no question, no question, You've definitely been trying to do that. You so you go to Miami, you're doing all these So when you won the Heisman, did you get more hype for the Heisman or if you've got more hype from this past season, like people like media all that stuff, because you're it's in a contract here too, So it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of question, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, you more hype after your senior year, after this contract year.
Speaker 2: Junior year, Yeah, I'm sorry about the boy.
Speaker 4: I just you know, but.
Speaker 3: I don't really I don't really like to know compare, well, you got to, I don't. I mean I can't. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't really compare because it's like, you know, it's it's a different it's a different playing field, and you know, they both were a lot of fun. And you know, obviously winning the Heisman requires a lot of media, a ton of media around the whole, you know, the whole New York and you know, obviously after this year, going to a super Bowl, not playing the super Bowl, it's about that.
Speaker 3: But you know, you got to.
Speaker 4: Do a lot of media, you know, going going on to radio role. So I think it's just like, I mean, I don't know whatever. I look at both of those seasons. I just look at the year that I have with my teammates. I don't really look at like what I did individually. Let people talk about that.
Speaker 1: Pull up his Instagram, because I'm going to say, you have more fun this year because the boy finally has a nice little check to dress him himself up and ship like this. Talking about I talk about my team. If you want to, if it was you'd be wearing Titans issued gear. If my man is out there stunting.
Speaker 2: At an Alabama jacket, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, I look at my teammates, look at that. I text him, I was like, hey, can you wear that on the bus? I want him to wear the white suit.
Speaker 3: On the bus.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 3: That's just drip, man, That's that's me on the daily. Like you feel.
Speaker 1: But you weren't like that at Bama? What all right? How do you afford that? Then?
Speaker 3: Obama? That's that's been me.
Speaker 1: You know, look at him.
Speaker 4: I might not had I might have had the money to afford you know what I have right now, but what I could afford, I made the best out of it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was the best dress, go back to anything that I wore in college. So I mean that's just I just always how I always.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You ask anybody, But you don't feel you enjoy You've enjoyed one year a little more than the other. You feel like they're both the same.
Speaker 2: Here's okay, real quick. First off, too, I stout watches, I'm both rest and and Derek hooked the boys up with rollings for the rushing title for a shoutout.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, so real quick, h on his shoes too.
Speaker 3: You see it, the subtle drill.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: So Derek win's the Heisman. Here's here's what I'm thinking. If I'm Derek you win the Heisman, You're like, man, I'm about to do with the NFL, no question about it. That's gonna be the most cool, the coolest experience. That's experience I've experienced of being like, man, I'm going to live out a childhood dream of finally going to the NFL, which is unbelievable. Now, on the other hand, you win the rushing title, FedEx Ground Player of the Year, are You'll be the best back in now? Which has been a childhood dream in the n the.
Speaker 1: NFL, so INFL. So you're asking me with the playoff run you had, which.
Speaker 3: You say, asked me which season was better? I mean, which year.
Speaker 1: Would you prefer? As an individual person like personally, just for sure, don't fucking talk about stuff. I want to hear something about Dereck Henry. That's it's hard, selfishly, just Derek Henry's answer the question.
Speaker 3: That is hard.
Speaker 2: Teammate.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, sorry, I had me up.
Speaker 3: I literally can't, I mean, I literally don't have no answer for you.
Speaker 2: So the boy goes to media, Hey will sorry, guys, don't come out like that. Now that's my teammates.
Speaker 4: Hey, I understand somebody wants trying to get the trying to bring the savage up.
Speaker 3: I just savage.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to bring that picture out, that little crouch down like I'm trying to bring out that double rowing solid.
Speaker 2: So you you a media row, do a bunch of interviews on the your So you're pretty open about like I want to go back to.
Speaker 3: The Titans, very open about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So from from a person that's gone through content negotiations, usually they tell you, hey, don't say that kind of stuff. But you're you're like, well, listen, like that's where I like to be. But at the end of the day, it's a business. So you you're willing to go somewhere else, but you want to be for the Titans.
Speaker 3: I want to stay in Tennessee. I want to be I want to stay in two tone Blue.
Speaker 2: And there you go. I saw somebody asking you, well, what about the Dolphins, and you're like, well, that's not blue, that's Teal.
Speaker 3: That's till two tone blue.
Speaker 4: Man too tone Blue, I said, I say, I kept saying two tone blues as much as I could when it bring somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did see that. Portnoy said that he thinks he hates our uniforms. He thinks our uniforms are.
Speaker 1: He said they look like an XFL uniform. I argued that all navies were, that all navies were dope. But I can see his point on some of the others, the other some of the other what's your favorite combo? What's your favorite.
Speaker 3: Combo that's hard?
Speaker 5: Like all white, all white, all blue is my favorite? All white, all blue, the lights blue, all navy. I like the all dark blue.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know, get too light, man, you know, you know my mid section gets a little.
Speaker 2: The issue with the light blue is it's not that intimidating, right, especially with.
Speaker 1: The navy helmet.
Speaker 3: I like all all light blue.
Speaker 2: You like that. You know what kind of crept up with me this year? Is I like your skin tone?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I honestly like all of it. I mean, any combination is good, dude.
Speaker 2: I like the the white and the blue pants. Like that we wrote those, the whole playoffs. I like those. Those those grew on me quite a bit. So you go to ready hero. You're talking to people, and one thing that came up is you talk to my boy Rich. Here we go rich eyes and shout out, free shoutouts. But also he's a Michigan man's.
Speaker 3: A free shodow, free shoutouts.
Speaker 2: And he's talking to you and he uses this weirdly worded question about like the floor is zeke or something along the lines, and you said, yeah, yeah, that's the floor, and then people are people are like, the.
Speaker 1: Context contract is the floor of what Derek is going to it's got that's the minimum he will accept in his negotiation.
Speaker 2: And here's the deal people. If you are in I think the Tennessee and the Tennessee and wrote an article about it or something like that. If you are for Derek and you're four people who have worked hard in the NFL, you want them to get every single dollar, then they can possibly get no question. And there's people saying, well, you know, if he thinks he's worth this, there I will be the first one to say, Derek is worth every single dollar. He gets no question about it. He makes my job a hell of a lot easier. He makes the Titans job a hell of a lot easier. The guy's a complete stunt and I hope he's on the Titans next year.
Speaker 1: Right there, Derek Henry qualk. Derrick Henry clarifies, zeke number is the floor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So so basically I misunderstood what what what rich said? Yeah, I was basically agreeing to, you know, Zeke is a floor as far as I was understood to my understanding that Zeke is a floor him being the highest paid. Yeah, he's a peak of or running back you know, want to be at as far as like getting paid. So that was my understanding of him saying like, Zeke is the floor. So I basically was agreeing to.
Speaker 2: You were saying, like, Zeke has the floor, like Dan Richard I was.
Speaker 4: I was saying like, yeah, zek is the floor, like he got it, Like that's yeah, that's where that's where he is an example. Yeah, yeah, that's where we're running backs trying to get to you know, where he's at. Like I said in every other interview is I'll get my agent. He will handle all the contract negotiations. That's his job. He's been doing it for a long time, and we'll see where it goes far as the Titans and trying to get this thing figured out.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. And if you were c A too, so you have the best agents around a c A A crushes it, dude. Be'st in the business. You have Jimmy Sexton. Jimmy Sexton had Tom Condon shout out to the shout out to c A. No for shoutouts, but the money getting money they sponsored by the shouts for a. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're if anything position, when somebody, when somebody gets a new floor, you're psyched about it because you're they're just raising the bar for the next guys in that position. That's what you want as a player, you know what I mean, You want to keep Like when Taylor sets the record, it's like every old lineman now is like, yes, hell yeah, finally somebody who accepts more, gets more up front whatever, all that shit that happens. You want guys to get more guaranteed, more upfront money, higher ceiling, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: You root for that shit, right, and then that lane Johnson's now the highest plaid offense line of league. He's geting eighteen and a half or eighteen. Yeah, that I mean. Players want to see players do well. Players want to see players that play well also do well.
Speaker 1: Amen, you know what I'm saying, And good fucking dudes too.
Speaker 2: I would argue, I mean, it's it's the easiest argument in the world to say that you're the best back in the league right now at this point, do you know what I'm saying, Like, as a running back carrying the football, you made the first guy miss always, you hit holes hard, and you stiff arm the shit out of people. So it's kind of easy to say, yeah, this guy, this guy deserves every single dollar he gets. And I might get in troubled with Rabel when we go back to OTAs just saying all this stuff.
Speaker 4: But I get about it is it's like, I mean, you're root you're rooting for as a player. That's the fun of the game to even be considered in that conversation, right, I mean, amazing, that's fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's football. That's just that's just football talk.
Speaker 4: I remember when I was a kid arguing with my friends, Oh, Adrian Piece the best running back in the league.
Speaker 3: No more Shawn Lynch right, or.
Speaker 4: Going to Eddie George, No, No Fred Taylor, no, Ricky Williams, no, no Sewan Alexander Larry Johnson is going. I mean, I mean, that's what you dream of as a kid, is to being those being those conversations. So you know, shout out to all the r rbs. You know they try to devalue us.
Speaker 1: But now you're in there.
Speaker 4: Just keep pushing, keep running, keep grinding, and we're on our way.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. Running backs have had a little bit of a short leash though, because the life expectancy of a running back isn't that long. And it was Todd Gurley who really set it up right, because it went from like, you guys are making like twelve thirteen years and I talked at the fourteen and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because running backs going down for a second in contracts.
Speaker 2: They were, which is weird, and the money was going up. Yeah, okay, because I mean everybody there's a point where everybody plays their last snap. That's just how it is. But but running backs, man, you guys take a lot of hits. I've heard you were you and your prime you got. I mean, I don't the way you don't get tired. It's actually pretty crazy. Hey, like this, d drinks of water before before games. That's it. And then we started doing ivs though at the boys hooked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, water ivs and bananas.
Speaker 2: Bananas, bananas, that's the secret that makes you not cramp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just it's been working. I stick with it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't really try to eat too much. I just eat bananas and drink water before games. Before a game, that's pop Warner, dude.
Speaker 1: Don't catch that cramp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, unless it's like a late game. You can't go out a day without eating. So I try to eat something but not not nothing too not nothing too heavy, too crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, dude, I've heard a rumor before that UH running Backs have thought about it their own union, really Yeah, from one of my boys. I think it was a mirror. There was a mere shout out of mire no free shot out. But I want to say there's been talks before about a uh running back union since they have like a different style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Do you know anything about that?
Speaker 3: I have not heard anything about it.
Speaker 1: Damn man, they got you in the conversation in the.
Speaker 3: Conversation, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this stuff about Tom Brady looking at schools in Tennessee?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think I've seen something on Twitter about it.
Speaker 2: What would you think if there, if Tom Brady came to the Titans, I.
Speaker 3: Would think, why isn't run Ryan Tannehill good enough?
Speaker 2: Oh it's a good argument. So you're saying, well, Tannels what thirty one years old?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think ten Hill thirty one? Yeah, and Brady's would be forty one. I mean he still can play.
Speaker 3: I mean, like.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter for you know him, He's still playing at a high level. So I mean, but my question would be why Ryan good enough?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think about Ryan's with the year he had? He had a nice I like to call like a middle finger year in a good year. He gets traded, he gets doubted, he comes in, turns it around for Tennessee and has a year like he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I think it's self explanatory far as you know what he did as a player and what type of player he is, because when he took over, we're two and four and you look what we ended up at in the FC Championship. Yeah, so it's like, I mean, the proof is right there, and speaking for everybody you know on the offense, I can say we.
Speaker 3: Kind of, like, you know, kind of feed off of him.
Speaker 4: By by the way he was playing, and you can see that chemistry starting to you know, starting to starting to build. You can see we were starting to you know, well we did get everything going, and it was just like it was just fun to be a part of because it was like, you know, we went from not scoring points to you know, scoring here and there, to like, hey, that's like each each and every drive we just.
Speaker 3: You know, get getting it done.
Speaker 4: And we even said to ourselves like, hey, we we this is this, this is legit, like we got something. Yeah, exactly. So, you know, hats off to Ryan. You know, at the end of the day, it's hard to win. It's hard to win in the NFL. For him to come in basically with his back against the wall, coming in, taking over two and fourteen and did the things that he did. You know, got a lot of respect for that guy as far as him as a player, and you know, him getting traded for Miami, coming over and having to adjust to a new locker room and just coming and balling out no matter what, no matter what nobody said, nobody, no matter what nobody wrote, him being himself, you know, just believe in himself and his teammates and you know, us just sticking together as brothers and going out there and getting the job done.
Speaker 2: The one thing I loved about Ryan was when he came in the huddle before every series, he'd like rattle off the keys of the game for us, and he'd be like, make sure you guys do this, make sure you guys do that, and he'd be like in it time out, he'd be like, hey, wait, let's look for this, do that. And it was it was he he does a really good job his leadership. He's he does a really good job he I mean, I was really impressed by Ryan because don't really know Ryan at all, don't get to know him, because it was like I was going for the first four games, but even in camp it's like, you know, you don't really think about that kind of stuff. He's like, he's he was there. John said it. He's there to be the backup quarterback. I will say the way Marcus handled everything, I'm I'm impressed as hell with Marcus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and speak on that too, because you know, if when people listen to this, the people in Nashville are gonna be like, Okay, they're saying all this stuff about Ryan that must have been that must meant Marcus was the opposite, you know what I mean at all?
Speaker 3: No, not at all. You know Marcus, that's my brother.
Speaker 4: I mean I came in the Marcus just starting quarterback, you know, welcoming and open arms. No, Marcus just a great person, a great teammate. You's going on and on about Marcus and how he is as a human being.
Speaker 3: I mean it's you mean, it's he just a great dude.
Speaker 4: And I think the way he handled that situation kind of kind of clarified that. People speaking about how he's a great person, and you know, a lot of people wouldn't have a situation very well. But Marcus, you know, he was with it with open arms when he didn't have to. He helped Tannehill when he needed help. He accepted the role. You know, he was being a great teammate about the whole situation. And you know that's my brother, man. And you know, me and Marcus will be brothers and we'll be friends. We'll be friends forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marcus is all time dude. He got the best parents of all time. The way he grew up, like the kind of person he.
Speaker 1: Is, it's real. He was somebody was might have been Tannehill at that game.
Speaker 2: After he hugged him and he said, he's like he did a great job, Like he got this team.
Speaker 4: I don't think nobody can say but one bad thing, but not at all about Man.
Speaker 2: Marcus will come out and be the d d when we go out to the bars of the boys. Yeah, come out to drive you home.
Speaker 4: I asked Marcus after I think after this, after the game, like later on that day, I was like, Man, you sure you don't want to stay.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the type of person, yeah, type of player you know he is.
Speaker 4: Man, You just that's somebody you always you always went around because you know, you know, he's.
Speaker 3: A good dude. He's for the boys. He's for the boys.
Speaker 1: He is for the boys.
Speaker 3: He'll go to bat, you know, for you and you know, just great player.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know he had found some somewhere that he fits in and do a great job.
Speaker 3: And you know, I wish him all the best.
Speaker 2: I think he's I think he's gonna kill it. He's gonna go somewhere and he's gonna kill it. He It's just like I think there's something so underrated about being good teammate, like sticking up for your teammates, being there for the dudes. Yeah during games, after games, like he'd be a good teammate. You're it's Saul. Like after the Kansas City game we got back and we like we all went to Losers like there was like fifteen twenty of us went to Losers and hung out and Marcus did not want to go. And I was like, Marcus, you're coming, like you were going with Yeah, And you know what, even he didn't want to, he still came because he's a boy, a boy absolute stud be for the boys. That's how you be for the boys, how you do it. Absolute stuff.
Speaker 1: What else we got?
Speaker 2: I think that we didn't we do questions for Derek, right, I think that's always.
Speaker 1: A post that he was on. Yeah, I told him because it's just like they're all gonna be the fucking same. Where's he going? Where's he going?
Speaker 4: I didn't sign and didn't give about Tom Brady thinking Tom Brady is the goat, that is, no question, the best of all time, the best of all time. But then at the same time, I mean, Ryan Tannehill is our quarterback, went to the SC championship. Why will we not know Ryan back? But this one that cleared that up. Tom Brady is to go.
Speaker 1: I know I said why not Ryan, But let me clear this up for people take out of context what I mean.
Speaker 4: I mean, Tom Brady is the goat. But you know a boy, Ryan, that's my boy man, No question. That chemistry we had as offense a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Dude, it was. It went from the lowest of low's to the highest of highs. After that Denver game, everyone's like, everyone's Matt the offense because we didn't score one point and then it just took off after that. Who we played the Chargers after.
Speaker 3: Played the Chargers up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you guys that we talked about it already too. But that play on the goal line because they were about to score and somebody I think it was Wes I think knocked the ball out on the goal line. You guys ended up winning.
Speaker 2: That was a wild man.
Speaker 3: That was so cool.
Speaker 2: Chargers Tampa won that one. Panthers lost. That was actually a horrible game. We didn't run that. We ran the ball like three times. Get the Panthers in the first half got away from run and then the second half what happened first.
Speaker 3: Drive turned it on like almost I think how tired.
Speaker 2: Bro, you ran every single time.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, that's why we can't. Uh so being a being a running back, and he was talking about you never get tired. What are things that you started to incorporate off the field to help with your durability and that that you know, running and not getting tired, Like, what are some things you've done off the field?
Speaker 4: I came, I came to this point here, Like, you can do all the training, all the running in the world, you are still gonna get tired.
Speaker 3: So to me, it's just a mindset. If you tell yourself.
Speaker 4: You're not tired, you're not gonna You're not gonna think you're tired. You're not gonna think about being fatigued. You're not gonna think about oh man, I need to come out. So that's how this approach it. I just keep in mind, you ain't tired, let's go, let's finish. We gotta finish. So I think really being tired or you know, being gassed is really just a mindset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the mind's a powerful thing.
Speaker 1: Being a pro, have you adopted anything like taking and putting in your toolbox as you've grown as a player, like off season and in season, anything.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 4: I think just talking to guys who play the game at a high level. Talk to guys who keep their body and in good conditions during the season, who are in top shape, you know, coming in from the off season. They're seeing how what they do, how they take care of everybody, different ways they approach, you know, the game far as like keeping everybody in shape, keeping themselves healthy, just like getting tips and things like that from them. Finding a team that I can work with so I can keep my body, Uh, keep my body in shape, keep my body.
Speaker 3: What's the word I'm looking for, tuned up?
Speaker 4: Keep my body so my body can withstand you know, the whole season, and they'll stay healthy, they'll leading to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So I think that's a big thing.
Speaker 4: Like talking to Taylor, talking to some of the other vets, talking to other guys.
Speaker 2: I think the only thing I helped you with was I got you on Bobo because IV's is the safest.
Speaker 4: But not but not really like like not really like this, like help them with something like, Hey, what do you do to listen that? Oh, I do helping this and that this every other day. Well, I do this twice a week.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, I mean that's important, like any any guys who might be listening to this stuff like that shit, it's important, like picking the brains of those guys who who are you who've adopted things if they feel like help them, Bubbo, I feel like it has been a game changer.
Speaker 2: Well, the good thing about IV is it's the only that's the only thing regulated that you can take take supplement wise, that like if it's on the bottle, it's in the bottle like it's regular by the FDA. So if you take it, you're not going to fail unless you take something that would make you fail obviously. Yeah, as opposed to supplements like if you take a pill or a powder, none of that stuff is regulated. So having Bobo to do that, Bobo Aritan Nashville has done an amazing job on UH for for us, the entire Titans team, I know, helps those with other guys in the NFL, but he does an awesome job of getting all of us going and recovered because that that fluid just fluid in general, it helps you recover because if you're you're dehydrated, you're more prone to those you know, muscle tears, pulling hamstrings, those types of things.
Speaker 1: So I think there's something that NAD stuff too that I just started with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh dude, it's it's an absolute I'm doing I'm doing the treatment tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that'll be something that's big, big. I know we're getting off topic. I think that would be something that kind of blows up to in the future a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we always get off topic, but yeah, I think I think n A d in the next ten years, people are gonna be like, this is it, this is the thing, and then there will be something that's even It's always this, always what's new, what's next? But yeah, ain't these it makes you feel terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, dude. I don't know if I've explained it on the pod, but it's like somebody's choking your your heart dude. Yeah, I feel like you're just slowly dying.
Speaker 2: But it's worth it because even you feel so good after I'm flying tomorrow. Like when I flew to Miami, Bublo was down there and I made him give you an IV right away.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I feel like that one hurt the most because after flights you have all that inflammation.
Speaker 2: Yeah hell yeah, yeah, we hit it right off.
Speaker 1: We got we got off the plane. Oh, it was fucking it was brutal.
Speaker 2: I made the rest of the day way better than Yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Bar still boys are in there shooting it, like filming and stuff like that. We made we man, what's his name, Devlin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Devlin made him. Yeah, dere dude, thank you so much for coming out this podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, thank you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Hey,