Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: In this Monday Dan and the Dan, It's Dan Patrick Show. We will talk to Andrew Marshaan. He covers the sports media for The Athletic. He had the story about TNT inside the NBA going to the Mothership next year with Charles in company. Now Barkley is sixty one. He signed a ten year deal. I don't know if that was last year or the year before, but I wonder how long Charles is going to do this. And I don't know if ESPN needed a guarantee from Charles of how long he was going to do this. But we'll talk to Andrew marshawn about this. Also the debacle that was Netflix's broadcast performance. It was worse than Mike Tyson's performance, and we'll talk about that coming up. Because they have football games on Christmas Day, big football games on Christmas Day, and Netflix they also have WWE, I think coming up in January. So if you're going to get into the sports media or sports business, broadcast business, you better be buttoned up a little bit more a lot more than you were, because that was a bad performance. Stat of the day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the show. Sunday Night, Jalen Hurts leads the Eagles on a road trip. They'll face Matthew Stafford in the Rams. That'll be Sunday seven Eastern on NBC and Peacock spent a lot of time the first two hours we were talking about what happened over the weekend. Tonight, Texans at the Cowboys, and the Cowboys are getting seven points. The Bills beat the Chiefs thanks to a big run by Josh Allen. Josh talked about that touchdown run after the victory fourth and two.
Speaker 3: I appreciate coach for trusting us. Really had to play for man, could have checked out of it. You know, they held a pretty good man look. They dropped out into zone again, just trying to create and keep the play alive there as a grease and just trusted the feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different when he's got the ball and he's in the open field. It's he's not trying to make you miss. It's you're gonna be bouncing off of him. I think there were probably six or seven would be tacklers for the Chiefs, but this is different. With Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray, they're gonna make you miss You might miss Josh Allen, but there are times when he's gonna make sure you don't miss him. He's coming after you a little bit. And I love what Mahomes said after the game. It was picked up on the microphone and that was basically, Hey, we'll see you again. Let's do this again later this season. Mahomes saying, all right, you got me, You've got me in the regular season before I'll see you see in a few weeks. All right, Jacksonville, I'm waiting or I did expect something to happen with Doug Peterson. They got humbled, they got embarrassed, they lost fifty two to six. They now have a bye week, and I'm wondering if there will be a decision if you have an interim head coach, and if it's true that maybe you're going after Bill Belichick in the off season. This is a way we're moving on, not officially moving on with Bill Belichick, but Mike Florio has had some chatter about this in league circles where if that Belichick is getting back in and that Jacksonville being reunited with Trent Bulkey, who is the GM that might be that might be on the home page here.
Speaker 4: Yes, as of right now, the Jaguars had the number one pick of the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got your quarterback, right, So if you're going or do they have their quarterback, you're gonna go take Travis Hunter. The trade down? Is there a gotta have that player Shador Sanders cam Ward. I don't know, but I would think if I'm Jacksonville Travis Hunter, do I want him to be a two way player? He is? He a sure thing great defensive player, sure thing great offensive player. And it's weird because I am a Heisman voter and I'm told that Travis Hunter is the leading candidate. It's his Heisman to lose. I think we get caught up in he's playing both ways, which is remarkable. I think he's he might be the talent, most talented player in college football. The best player in college football doesn't always win the Heisman. And look, it's subjective. I get that, but I think when you're told, oh, you got to vote for him, I like what I've seen. He's been banged up a few games this year. I don't know if it's a foregone conclusion that he is going to win the Heisman. But give credit to Colorado. To me, that's a bigger story. Dion has done an unbelievable job with that team, and if they would somehow make the playoffs, that would spice up a great TV event there, yes, Paulie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Colorado's remaining games didn't didn't do they have? They're at Kansas on the twenty third. Ooh ooh, yeah, now that's a suddenly saucy, suddenly saucy Saturday, and then they host Oklahoma State on November twenty ninth, and then the possible Big twelve title game.
Speaker 2: There's a path Yeah, yeah, you're saying, there's a chair up, all right, seet and pull question for the final hour of the program, Get a couple of phone calls, then we'll talk to Andrew Marshawan, the TV critic for the athletic clean up.
Speaker 5: Here a little bit worst loss this weekend. Ravens Bengals, Tyle Bengals are running.
Speaker 2: Away with it.
Speaker 5: PEO put pretty down on them right now.
Speaker 2: Over Netflix to put Netflix.
Speaker 5: Netflix immediately stacks at a thousand times. Okay, you can put the Netflix, CEO, you can put their Netflix computers you can put. We could break it down into a million different categories. They took the l this weekend.
Speaker 2: Hardcore is Andrew Marshaw, the athletic senior sports media columnist and you can follow him at marsh on sports Media Andrew marshaw dot com. Let me start there with Netflix. How would you rate that performance?
Speaker 6: Give it a D?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 6: Uh? You know, number one thing you have to do is deliver the product. And the buffering was terrible. People getting knocked off left and right, and it's a worrying sign for them. They had trouble a couple of years ago with one of their shows and they did a live show I Love is Blind and then not having it on and then the broadcast the stream wasn't great. I get it, this is a kind of a side show event, but Mike didn't work. You got Jerry Jones kissing the NFL or Netflix's behide and its mic doesn't work and just the overall it just didn't. They kept telling us how the big a deal it was, and you know a lot of people, a lot of us watch, but really it's a sideshow kind of thing. So a D for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, how does this happen your your Netflix, this is your big rollout. This is where you say, and we're going to be bringing you some NFL games. We're gonna bring you wwe. I mean you can't. You can't slip on a banana peel like this.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, it can't happen, you know. And that's I think when you think about the NFL, right, we all kind of look at these things and we say Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Google, YouTube that they'll be able to do this. These are a huge company, billion dollar companies, trillion dollar companies. They're kind of oer for too. I mean you can put to give them the Brady Roast, which was live less people watching a little bit different type of event, so maybe one for three. But so you simply say Netflix, okay, how can this? I will say this And I used to see this when cable companies which start like in New York and s n Y the Mets Network and they turn the switch on it doesn't work, and you're like, how is it possible that this isn't working?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: And it's not something that you know, can It's not as easily replicable as people might think. So but yeah, the end that was gonna wake up Christmas Day and they're gonna be a little bit nervous. Is this is this Kansas City Steeler game going to go on? Is the Ravens Texans game gonna be able to be seen by everybody there? They'll take the money, of course, but uh, Netflix has some answers that they have to come.
Speaker 2: Up with inside the NBA, going to the mothership in ABC. How did this happen?
Speaker 6: So three weeks ago, Jimmy Pittaro, the chairman of ESPN, called Louis silver Wasser, who was the counterpart at TNT Sports, and he said to them, essentially, you have a problem that I think I can solve, and you can solve one of my problems. ESPN's problem has been that they have not had, you know, a good enough pre and postgame show around the NBA. They've tried to for a long time, with a million different combinations to be as good as inside the NBA. They never could quite do it. They had some good shows over the years, but never good enough. And so, you know, with the new packages coming along, T and T Sports has finalized in an agreement with the NBA, you know, after they were suing them, and so what happens the inside the NBA could be on T and T Sports. But the thing, the little thing that people don't realize about these shows is that they're really only a successful as the games they're around. Right, Like ESPN's ratings a lot of times with their pregame show was higher than TNT's ratings, which I think would surprise people. But the quality of you know, especially with Barkley, it was on your air all the time. He's the best ever in my opinion, Ernie Johnson's a tremendous host, Shack has gotten much better, and Kenny Smith's a good you know, you can shoot the three when it gets kicked out to them in terms of their grouping, and so it made sense for ESPN to bring them in. Countdown goes to their as their number two show. TNT gets about twenty five college basketball and football games from the Big twelve, kind of lower tier games they need inventory. So a win, but especially for ESPN.
Speaker 2: Worried about the espanification of this. Does ESPN try to come in and say, hey, you know what we're thinking and that usually doesn't go well, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Don't think that's gonna happen. Dan, I think that I wrote a column on the athletic that's up there right now. This is the Jimmy Pataro era. And if you look at his playbook, Peyton Manning, he wants Peyton Manning. Hey, Peyton, you can work from home or your friend's garage on Mondays and make Monday night football. He wants Joe and Troy for Monday Night football. Obviously money was the big thing there, but they were going to get broken up. Troy was kind of on the out with Fox. They got to stay together. Pataro did that McAfee's show. It's you can do it from Indianapolis, will license the show. There's a similar arrangement. I think that's the Pataro playbook. I mean, if I'm a producer there, I'm kind of saying, if I'm in Bristol, then you know it. Well, you're kind of like, well, what are we doing? Like we can't get this right or the big Boss keeps outsourcing our pro that's not a good sign, especially for the big shows. But it's not the same Bristol.
Speaker 8: I've said this before, I refrained from it from this column, but Jui Buitar is a huge Yankee fan.
Speaker 6: He's kind of the George Steinbrenner of Sports Media.
Speaker 8: Right now, he's got the most money to play with, or at least the most money that his company is willing to play with.
Speaker 6: Obviously these tech companies have more money. But and he's going out and getting what he wants, especially in terms of the on air people, and he guarantees.
Speaker 2: Given Berkley is sixty one, he's got a ten year deal that he's only what a couple of years into of. I mean that's that's a big chip of how long is Charles going to be there? How important is he to this deal?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been told there are stipulations. I don't know exactly what they are. I mean, the other the big one is Shaq is unsigned. He's told people that he wants to stay. He's on board, but he you know, he has even more leverage. If an Amazon or NBC says, you know what, let's kind of put a hole in this plan for ESPN, they could come and give Shack, you know, big money, or bigger money than T and T would. But I think he does want to stay, and so and do these other networks as NBC or Amazon want to build it around Shack. I think they're all very comfortable there. But look, Barkley's the show. We can talk about formats, we could talk about all everything. You put Charles Barkley on any of these shows. If he had moved over, just to countdown Milik Andrews hosting, you have Steve and at whatever, it would be a really good show because Charles is that good. He's got the credentials and one of the great players of all time, willing to say anything at any time. And you know anybody who iiling him a little bit, but well enough, but people who really don't, well, great guy, just a natural person. And so I think you add all those things and then Ernie does a great job. What Ernie does so well Dan, and I know you appreciate because you're very good at this as well. But those guys say some crazy stuff, right They go after san Antonio women, they go after this, they go to Ernie recognizes it right away, doesn't make it obvious that he's like, I'm going to take the air out of this issue a little bit, and makes it so kind of voice of reason and kind of makes it lowers the temperature. So answer your question, I think ESPN, we've seen it with McAfee. They're kind of hands off. It's you know, they maybe could be a little more hands on because I don't know if McAfee works on linear TV, works on YouTube, but he but with this show, I really think it will be the same show. I think they will rip on ESPN all the time, but good naturedly. And I think it's fun, like it's it's not as much an NBA show as it is just a fun. We've been hanging with these guys for a long time, which is what you really want. I mean, look at NFL Sunday on Fox, similar arrangement.
Speaker 2: If you were going to rank them their importance, if you did McAfee, if you did steven A, and you did Barkley, what would be your order.
Speaker 8: I'd still go steven A one at this point, I because I think, Look, the thing I like about steven.
Speaker 6: A is he works hard and he's willing to do anything for the company. McAfee I think has been very about McAfee so far in his career, not that he's not a plus. He's been excellent on College Game Day, really raised his game this year. And Savean helps him because you have that expertise and then you have his enthusiasm and what he brings with the Kicking Show, he'd be, Uh, so he's there, but and then you know, Barkley is new, so it's hard to say. I think long term, you know, steven A has talked about his contract a lot. He's going to make, you know, something in the range probably of twenty to twenty five million per year. And I think when you look at it, and I think we've talked about this before, Dan, you know, shows that you have, shows that where it's your name on it, where you're building the audience and you're not around the games, that's where the value is. People might not like it, you know, in terms of people in my business and like the people who are kind of building the audience from the ground up because there's nothing else around it, those are probably the most valuable people. And so uh, they're all really valuable. But I'd probably go steven A and then you know, it might it might be McAfee, but Barkley, Barkley, McAfee probably tied.
Speaker 2: I'd say at this point, always great to talk to you. Is there a big sports media story on the horizon that we should be aware of?
Speaker 6: I mean, there always is that's why everyone loves to cover it.
Speaker 8: Dan.
Speaker 6: Uh, look, I think Brady's situation is going to be one to watch. He's gonna do the super Bowl this year. You know, does he continue on I'm not saying he is in. He does seem enthusiastic on the air, and I've been told, you know, from many people that he's working hard but does have the raider ownership stuff going. Does he do it?
Speaker 2: Want and done hologram? I don't need the holog I don't need Tom Brady Holligrid. That was creepy and it was CG. I like, I don't I don't need that.
Speaker 6: He yeah, I think it's too much. I agree. I think it's like technology for technology's sake, and uh yeah, it's kinda weird. I get why they do it. I get it's just I don't know do we want that? I think we want natural I think that's where we get back to this the MBA. It's natural, right, that's what you want. You want that natural connection with the audience.
Speaker 2: Like are they going to have Whitney Houston in a hologram sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl? I mean, how far do we want to go with.
Speaker 8: This, well, AI is coming. I do think that, you know, that's something we have to see. I had Jim Nance on my podcast and I mentioned is here. He said he wants to do the Masters till seventy five, and I said, well, there's AI, and he got a little glimmer in his eye.
Speaker 6: So I don't know if Jim might be doing the Master's Fraternity in AI.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you as always, Andrew, Thank you, Thanks Dan. Andrew Marshaw on the Athletic Senior sports media columnist. You can learn more about marsh on Sports Media Andrew marshun dot com. All right, we'll take a break and get the phone calls best and worst of the weekend. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Go to Danpatrick dot com. You'll see all the great merchandise we have. By a Tailgate Moonshine four pack, receive a super special limited edition gift, something we've been working on behind the scenes. Here really excited about limited quantities. Shop now at Danpatrick dot com. Did you realize that the Steelers. There's only two teams in NFL history who have had six or more field goals and zero touchdowns in multiple games in one season. The only other team to do this nineteen ninety three Chargers. I don't know if that's something you should be proud of that. Hey, we can get in scoring red zone, but we come away with field goals like nobody else. But they win. That's the most important part of this. And here they are so far six field goals, the first team to win multiple games in a season without scoring a touch down since the twenty sixteen Rams. Now how dangerous are they? Feels like with that defense and you're not making mistakes, although Russell Wilson Junior the third at a terrible interception late in that game, but you know the defense is going to keep you in it. The Ravens I thought were the better team, but they just kept getting in their own way and as a result, you know, they the Steelers won a close game. All of these games are close, certainly between those two, but that's one of those games. I don't know if I feel good about either team, even though the Steelers did get the win and the MVP is Josh Allens now to lose eight seven to seven to three. DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com. Twitter handled the DP show if you're just joining us. The Giants have officially decided to bench Danny Dimes, and they're going to bring in Tommy DeVito. And we wondered you have Drew Locke on the roster, And then I found out that Drew Locke he's got all these incentives. Well, the Giants don't want to pay Danny Dimes if he gets hurt. If he gets hurt, then he's guaranteed twenty three million dollars next year. Drew Locke gets two hundred and fifty thousand dollars each for forty percent, fifty percent, sixty percent, seventy percent of the snaps played. An additional two hundred and fifty thousand dollars if he has a passer rating of ninety two point five, Like there's all of these crazy numbers that might be reachable, uh, fifteen touchdown passes. Uh, he'd get, you know, fifty five percent of the snaps another two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. He probably thought, you know, I got all these incentive clauses in here. I might be able to reach a few of these. If Daniel Jones doesn't play well, he's not going to get a chance unless something happens to Tommy DeVito. Tommy Salomi is coming in to save the day for the New York Giants.
Speaker 4: Guess Paul, you're in New York Giants right now, the fifth pick of the draft at two and eight. But that fluctuates because Tennessee, Cleveland, Vegas and the Giants are all too in it.
Speaker 2: Brad and Dayton, Hi, Brad, what's on your mind today? Thank you for.
Speaker 9: Holding Hey, hey, mister Patrick, My best and my best and worst of the week is is Earlier this week, I was having a bug, you know, I couldn't keep anything down, went to the hospital, had an emergency surgery. They took a golf stone the size of a golf ball out of me. So I wake up and I got a Brazilian on my belly and Staples in it. But what I wanted to do is is this is a learning curve for Joey b and Jamar Chase. You know, I think the Bengals and I think that the Steelers. You know, if you do history, they know how to draft they know how to put pieces together.
Speaker 10: Well, when you.
Speaker 9: Want to put all your mind on that side of the ball, well, guess what, boys, you got to elevate.
Speaker 2: So this year, I mean he's played exceptionally well. The Bengals only have to play you know average, you know, below above average defense that because of the way Burrow's been playing. I mean, you got twenty seven touchdowns four interceptions, but and they had the sack leader going into the weekend. Jamar Chase is great. They got t Higgins back. Yeah, Paul. The Bengals have.
Speaker 4: The sixth ranked offensive football their defensive ranked twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Sewn and Oregon. Hi, Sean, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hey, I got a best and two worst.
Speaker 7: I agree with you.
Speaker 10: The Steelers were just great. But the best part of that is, you know, they put themselves in a driver's seat in the AFC North and then it took. It was a pretty ugly game. You know, Derrick Henry fumbles the ball like first fumbling over five hundred carries, Justin Turner two field goals, and nobody really MUCKs up better than the Steelers, And I think everybody should be worried about those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's the same thing. It's uh, you know, wash rinse repeat or rintse, wash repeat, whatever it is. That's what Mike does. That's the kind of team that he builds. He's got you know, Russell who can kind of give and take it away. They bring in justin fields for one play. All you have to do is just run. Everybody should have known that he's gonna run. It's like a slide.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When Taysom Hill is in there, I don't think that you know, we're going to see Bart Starr back there Taysom Hill. Can you check this, PAULI? I think Taysom Hill is thirty four. He had one hundred and thirty eight yards rushing three rushing touchdowns. So he's officially listed as the first non running back in NFL history with at least one hundred and twenty five yards rushing and three rushing touchdowns. But you know, oh, thank you Mark. The stat of the day, brought to you by Pennini America. Is he is he thirty four?
Speaker 4: Paul, Yeah, he's thirty four. His first year in the league, he was twenty seven. He did the mission after ball.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: He's one of those guys.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 4: I hate to bring his name up, but it's like if Tim Tebow gave up quarterback and went to a Taysom Hill full time thing. I think he could still be in the league, like a Taysom Hill version. Maybe not that explosive.
Speaker 2: No, Taysom Hill is an athlete.
Speaker 7: He is. He is.
Speaker 2: I'm just he ran away from people. Tim Tim was. He was a great college quarterback on a great team, but he did not have the skills to play the position. And you know, remember they wanted him to be way, would you play tight end? No, I want to be a quarterback. Okay, well you're not going to be a quarterback. Taysom Hill is not a quarter He's just a football player. He is. He's just a football player wherever you want to put him. And watching him yesterday, it's just that reminder of remember when everybody was like, you know, Sean Payton was going to make him his quarterback. I go, he's not a starting quarterback. You know, Shawn's forgotten more football than I know, but I know watching the eye test, Taysom Hill is not a starting quarterback, but he is very valuable to that offense.
Speaker 12: Yes, Marv how is some t bow able to be a quarterback at that level in college, especially in the SEC, and I had that translate to the NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, those teams, I mean that was the newer version of the U where they just had so much talent and look, did he have moments in the NFL? He did? And I always argue and they go, what about t bow time? Okay, if you played better earlier, you don't need t bow time. Yeah, it's okay to win by fourteen or seventeen. It's like, man, you got to get some t bow time in here. First time since nineteen ninety one there were consecutive weeks with the team blocking a walk off field goal attempt. And in case you're wondering when you see these points spreads, there have been seventy eight games decided by six points or less. So that's the most such games through week eleven in the history of the NFL. A couple more phone calls in here. Let me see Brian and San Antonio. Hey, Brian, best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 13: Hey, good morning, Dan, long time, first time, long time, first time, Dan five ft six and five pounds, Thanks you gentlemen. Hey, just a little local love for our boy utsa football Owen mccount of the clan McCown went off again this weekend. Three d nine yards, two touchdowns in rush for eighty eight yards. Kids having a fantastic season with a leaky offensive line and some guys that really can't catch the football too well. And then let's hear it, Fritzy, how about our boy? This is my bestest? Oh freaking nicko Nick last week?
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, all right, congratulations. You spend all your time on your quarterback there, san Antonio. I did watch the game, and I no, I did. I was watching the game, and I'm like, is that the McCown brothers family tree quarterback tree? So yeah, I did watch that. Doug in North Carolina, Hi Doug, thanks for holding Dan.
Speaker 7: Let me give you the worst first, and I can't believe that no one else has brought this up. The worst was the one time there was no problem with streaming was when the accidentally broadcasts Tyson's bare butt on Netflix. I could have lived without that. The best was after that fight, I really wanted to see some boxing, so I went on YouTube started to play around, and I stumbled upon something that has changed my life. I'm so excited about this. I want to share this with you. Have you ever heard of telephone booth boxing? It has become the biggest sport in Europe, the hollow lot of phone booth. He put two guys in there so they can't avoid each other, you can't dance, and they just pummel each other. It is a great entertaining three hours that I had after the fight. You've got to watch it. I promise you. It's worth looking.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Doug Paulie, if you'll check that out.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 2: Phone booth boxing.
Speaker 4: Phone booth fighting. I can't tell this is real or not. This may be AI, but we're looking into it AI.
Speaker 2: Even if it's AI, I don't care. It's got to be better than what I saw on Friday. Brutal. It's brutal. Yeah yeah yeah, they rough each other, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, if it's If it's real, it may it may not be though.
Speaker 2: Well this isn't real either what we're doing.
Speaker 4: And then a little ref in there trying to get between them. It sets up for a good TV.
Speaker 2: Griffin and Cincinnati is back high Griff.
Speaker 14: This some will come out. Bet your bottom dollar that's tomorrow. But instead of a Sunday and it's just a black hole with nothingness and vegetarian food options and Todd's limericks that Bengals fans have to stare into at the end of the day. Unintended shot there at Todd. But Dan, after processing last night's game, I just I can't help but think of Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson and Andrew Luck and Dan Marino obviously is the one. You just can't figure out what's going well. I mean, you can't figure out they can't finish games. But it's just so sad and depressing, and I feel bad for Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase and I'm just glad that you let me vent some of my frustrations in a very polite way here, Dan, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you Griffin, Thank you for choosing your words wisely. By the way, here's something for you. The Bears have allowed every team to score the first points in all ten of their games this year. How about a round of applause for the Bears allowing that?
Speaker 4: To call consistency, I don't know, two gentlemen's drive for consistency.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I don't think this season can end soon enough. For Bears fans, it's like, all right, let's get a new coach in here, and we're gonna be a whole lot better next year. Yes, Paul.
Speaker 4: Right before the Bears attempted their field goal, it wasn't that far of a field goal, and they have a pretty good field goal kicker.
Speaker 2: There's no wind.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting there watching, going they're gonna beat the Packers. All this mess and they're gonna sneak out an ugly win against the Packers, who I don't think they've beaten in twelve tries or something like that. And I was like, this is going to be really weird. How do I react to and just rip my heart up? I was just thinking, of my head, they're going to beat them.
Speaker 2: This is how it sounded the Packers radio network with the block field goal. Here's a snap placement bade.
Speaker 15: The kick is then the Packers up one beautiful.
Speaker 6: It is blotful that comes up short, head up.
Speaker 14: Packers have one eleven straight over the Bearers twenty to nineteen.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, what a finish.
Speaker 2: That's the Packers radio network there. Jordan Love got a touchdown there, and you know you can't beautiful sunny day and you're thinking, if you're a Bears fan, we're gonna beat the Packers. Everything's great, What a great weekend here.
Speaker 4: With the It's it's like itting you just out.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's not water torture. That's a guillotine.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like not a not a slow drip. It's like, hey, you know, just put your head down there right there. I mean, you know, the guillotine may not Oh I'm sorry, the guillotine drop Tillian, Bloomington High Til welcome back.
Speaker 11: Thanks guys.
Speaker 16: I always appreciate it. Six ' four and probably about a two forty two right now. I love the bell. Hey quick, best and worst? Best of the weekend?
Speaker 11: Or who's your.
Speaker 16: Basketball team putting in another solid performance taking it to South Carolina at home? Get another w on the schedule? And worst of the weekend if you're listening out there, Luke Fickle was consummation. You had one job this weekend. You had Oregon come to town. You could have taken down the number one team. Sowing a nice little wrench in things made everybody down in the Bloomington area happy, and you let us down. You really did well.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, he let himself down to and his team down and the fan base down. But then I think he fired his offensive coordinator after the game, So you nearly beat Was it that close that if hey, if we win this game, he can keep his job in or is it the way you lost that game that you didn't put up a lot of points? All right? Last call for phone calls? What we learn? What's in store tomorrow? Also will write the headline for tonight's game. What's the headline tomorrow? Will today?
Speaker 1: After this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls? What we learn? What's in store tomorrow? We're going to start out by writing tomorrow's headline today, Todd, can you show the audience how it's done? It's the Texans and the Cowboys. The Cowboys are getting seven. What is going to be tomorrow's headline today?
Speaker 15: So playing off an issue that's been going on in that stadium, It's curtains for the three and seven Cowboys Dallas.
Speaker 5: We have a problem.
Speaker 2: Nailed it, nailed it kind of kind of took my headline from last week, though. Todd curtains for the Cowboys.
Speaker 15: And they had a rivalry with the Steelers back in the day, which is the steel curtains. There's a lot of things going on there. They're playing the Texans, so it's Dallas we have a problem.
Speaker 2: Instead of you say that theft is what that wowow that is? That's marsh flat out thievery.
Speaker 15: Like plagiarizing a limerick from a.
Speaker 2: Book, because you wouldn't do that. Would you ever do something like that? Seaton o Connor. Tomorrow's headline today cowbo oys, Oi.
Speaker 5: Cowboys Todd to fill out the rest though I don't know the right terminology, but cowboy boys.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, Yeah, Todd will steal that next week. Welcome uh Marvin Tomorrow's headline today.
Speaker 12: Demico does Dallas the Texas dominate the Cowboy.
Speaker 2: That's our call back Tomorrow's headline today.
Speaker 4: I don't want to follow those three Those are great.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Tanks for nothing return of Tank Dell can't help the Texans.
Speaker 2: Tanks for nothing, Thanks for nothing, seating final results of the pole question today.
Speaker 5: Thanks that's say Irish the turd ted turd win this season.
Speaker 2: By the way my Cabs who won fifteen in a row. Todd told me if they win tomorrow, they will be winning sixteen in a row.
Speaker 15: And you go basic math, fifteen then plus one and sixteen.
Speaker 2: And they played the Celtics Cleveland, the fourth team in NBA history to start out fifteen and oh, you have the twenty sixteen Warriors, the ninety four Rockets, and the nineteen forty nine Washington Capitals. And James Harden quietly moved into second place on the all time three point list. He is behind Steph Curry. He has almost three thousand three pointers, trailing only Steph Curry, who has thirty seven hundred and eighty two. All right, seat, what you give us the final results of the pole question? Yeah? Right now.
Speaker 5: The worst loss of the weekend in college football was BYU. They've got about fifty percent of the vote, followed by LSU and the worst loss this weekend, though people are really down on them.
Speaker 2: Well, they didn't. There was a no show first half, and then they came back and then they made it interesting and Justin Herbert almost threw a pick six. But the Bengals, I think they're now done done. I would say done done. A couple more phone calls. Pete in Rochester High Pete. Best and worst of the weekend, Hey.
Speaker 17: Guys, five two five.
Speaker 11: Ard.
Speaker 17: Best of the weekend is my Syracuse Orange signing Carmelo Anthony's son to play basketball next season. That's a good good win for the program. And my worst is Netflix buffering on Mike Tyson's bare bottom on one hundred and five inch projection screen high definition. Just didn't need to see that well along while all the other things are going on with the fight, but uh yeah, that was an unfortunate time for everything to freeze up on us.
Speaker 2: Well, fortunately he was facing the other way instead of facing you, so could have been worse. Could have been worse. Tie in Nashville High time. What's on your mind.
Speaker 18: Today, Hey guys.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Best of the week for me would be just AFC quarterback play. The Mahomes and Island game is fantastic to watch, and even the second half of last night, you know when Burrow got it going and with Herbert. Worst of the week for me is the fourteenth pick I had for three hundred dollars that was supposed to pay four thousand and change when the Dolphins game one the Jets game one and the Raiders or excuse me, the Ransom Patriots Game one, and then I needed two more points in the Green Bay Packers in Chicago Bears game it was I believe forty and a half.
Speaker 2: So if they kicked the field goal, then then you win your parlay. I always discourage parlay bets. They always sound like, hey, I'm going to get this point point spread reduced or I'm going to add to and it's always one game. Hey, I got a four team parlay, and I go, good luck. You're going to win three of them, then you'll lose the fourth. One never fails. Don and Boise, Hey Don.
Speaker 11: Good morning Dan, first time Color ten to ten six two. I'm calling regarding our boys State Prontos and how fantastic you're doing and propelling Ashton Genty up to the top prize.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I think Don, congratulations on Boys's State and Genty has been great. He's been a lot of fun. I don't know if he's getting enough attention though, to win the Heisman.
Speaker 12: Yes, Mark, is it the size of his school that's holding him back and get more Heisman love?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, Yeah, I mean you gotta play relevant games. There's so much attention with Colorado, and you could make a case for Shudor Sanders. Feels like Shador and Dion are both kind of pushing for Travis Hunter to be the Heisman Trophy winner. But yeah, playing in those relevant games, playing on a nationally televised games, we every it felt like there was a long stretch of time when you could say to a Heisman Trophy winner, what was the game? And there's always this standout game. Everybody has their Heisman moment. Genty is not going to have that, Yes, PAULI so.
Speaker 4: Ashton Genty right now, Boise State, he has in ten games, eighteen hundred and ninety three yards and twenty six touchdowns, eighteen ninety three and twenty six he's ever been seven point four yards of carry. Checking Boise State's schedule, they have Wyoming and Oregon State and then the Mountain West title game, which I think count in your stats.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if they do it. Yeah, what was it? Barry Sanders at twenty seven hundred yards and thirty nine touchdowns. I think that might be the old time record, and I don't even know how if Barry played full games back then, might be the greatest runner in the history of college football, and pretty good in the NFL as well. Oh, by the way, as Chris Berman might say, yes, Bolly.
Speaker 4: So Barry Sanders his last year of college eleven games, twenty six and twenty eight yards, thirty seven touchdowns. Yeah, eight yards of carry. That means date, by the math, you'd never have a third down.
Speaker 2: All I know is I've said this before where Barry Switzer said to his team, make sure you don't injure Thurman Thomas because his backup is Barry Sanders, who's better than Thurman Thomas. All right, here we go, Let's go around the room. What we learn in the program? And I think Barry started one year there, his junior year, and he went to the proce. Todd, what'd you learn today?
Speaker 15: Buddha in San Francisco referred to the Seattle team that beat his Niners as the seed Chickens.
Speaker 2: How about that, Well, they did beat your Niners, Seaton. Steve Young would like you to get off his yard, Marvin.
Speaker 12: What did you learn today, Steve Young? Great quarterback, great tackler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul, what did you learn?
Speaker 4: Get off my yard?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: Uh? Todd? What did I learn?
Speaker 1: Steve?
Speaker 15: Young, says Josh Allen is very good at going to the ground in a smooth, acrobatic way to avoid injury.
Speaker 2: In an emergency. You want rapid radios Interestant pushed the Talkualkie talkies, clear national LTE coverage, one touch communication, peace of mind for connecting with the family in an emergency. Go to rapid Radios dot com up to sixty percent off free shipping. Had a lot of fun today. Thanks for joining us. We look forward to talking with you tomorrow.