Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: I think Kristen is going to be joining us via zoom, but it might.
Speaker 3: Just be you and me.
Speaker 2: Kat.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go.
Speaker 3: So we don't have a guest today.
Speaker 2: We just have a few host chat ideas and pop culture, so we can just go from there. But little life update, Cat, How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm just you know, I don't know. Just in the full swing of all the madness kid stuff. End of the school year.
Speaker 3: You just celebrate an anniversary.
Speaker 1: I did seventeen years, which is crazy. That makes me feel so old. It does seem, yeah, like it was like wow, yeah, I mean I was a baby when I got married, but still like that's a long time.
Speaker 3: It's a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did nothing for our anniversary, so that's exciting.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really shock me though, because a lot of the anniversary, like you spent your one anniversary with.
Speaker 1: I spent too around that time with you. I think the first year, something was going on on the anniversary and so I had to stayed or something. And then the next year you filed on my anniversary, so I had to stay there that night. It's okay, it's like it's fine. Yeah, now, so what's up with you?
Speaker 2: You know, when I hear the baby cry just really just gets my gets my heart just like you know, I just wanted to nap, you know, go to sleep baby. So there's some life updates that said you got your dress?
Speaker 3: What is next? Have you sent out invites?
Speaker 2: So we got the dress in New York, the wedding dress, but we're working on getting because it says Kat and Kat, do you have your maid of honor dresses yet?
Speaker 1: Working on that.
Speaker 4: It's hard to find a dress well because you're kind of like whatever, which is awesome, but like I also am terrible at this, so it's hard.
Speaker 2: Well I think it's hard to because yeah, I mean yeah, I'm like yeah, whatever, but also it has to still kind of look uniform too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah for sure, and I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 3: And I'm not the best with that. Usually.
Speaker 2: It's what I've been used to is everybody matches right, right, and so when it's not, which is I'm fine, Like I genuinely don't care. It's just at that kind of I have that like older school, but I just would think that everyone looks the same or same dress, but I also know not everyone would feel good in the same dress. Yeah, and I don't care, right, And I truly don't care. So I'm like, yeah, where wouldever you want? But then you know, Kbie comes in, It's like, well, if one's were in this and if sleeven, you gotta wear that. And I'm just like, you girls figure it out because I don't.
Speaker 1: Think for her because I don't know, and she's like, am I A this week? So I'm like, I'm going to need you to tell me if these options are good or bad because she's the fashion girl of the group. But but we're working on it. We've narrowed some things down.
Speaker 2: There is how big will the wedding be? So it's going to be very small, like super super super duper small. I feel like I'm really doing the wedding for Jolie in a sense.
Speaker 1: Hmm, she is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she would get it, Like if we didn't have a wedding, she'd be like, are you guys not married?
Speaker 3: Easily.
Speaker 2: I don't think she'd understand the marriage thing because she's like, you get you have a wedding and then you're married, so to watch the whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's a good point. I haven't thought about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I really because we've had many conversations about it. Like I was like, well, I think because that's her big thing, Like when we got engaged, she's like, Oh, the wedding, I'm so excited. And in my mind, I'm like, oh, I'm fine just going down to the courthouse too, Like I would be fine with that as well. But she was very much of like, but then you wouldn't be married. So it's like I think, in her, I in her sweet little brain, it's you have to have the a wedding and that's sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I really want that for her.
Speaker 2: I just picked out her little bridesmaids and let bridesmaids her little flower girl dress. So I can't wait to see them and so cute. Yeah, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you don't have to answer this because I don't know. But I don't know the answer to this. Will Roman be like in the wedding.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know how he I mean, I mean he'll obviously be in all the photos and with us there and everything, but he can't walk or there's no like, I don't know if we can really like cart him down in a wagon if he would. The kid ain't moving like, he's not rolling over, and he's not sitting like he's he's got a couple.
Speaker 3: On him.
Speaker 2: Then he can't. He can't sit up by himself. So I don't even know if he'll be able to do then. I mean he should be, but he also should be rolling right now and eat close and that's okay. That's like he lays there like a brick. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I literally talked to my sister in law about this yesterday. She asked how he was doing and I was like, yeah, she can't he doing this? No, Debbie, who does my hair? And I was like, He's like, is he doing this? You're doing that? I was like, no, he's not. And she's like, I mean, do you remember Peyton because like our kids were so big, like they didn't do those things till waigh late to because they had extra wait.
Speaker 2: Well, the doctor was saying, hey, kb hi. So the doctor was saying when we won the last time, because he knew the old check marks or whatever, and she's like, all right, bye, you know the five months they should be rolling over so and I'm like, yeah, I know, he ain't going anywhere, Like he's just he's just staying there. She's like, Okay, well by six weeks, like he should, I mean six hours, six months, he should absolutely, you know, then will need to figure something out. It's his six months is two weeks away. So I'm like, I am, I'm like, all right, buddy, it's roll time. Like let's like let's get it rolling. But I don't know like what she means by we'll have to figure like like what like I'm doing everything possible and she's like, well, you know, like third baby, you're probably holding him a lot like no, No, I am like have him on the ground. I'm like putting him on the side, trying to put his little leg over to be like all right, roll buddy, but his weight just pulls him right back onto his back.
Speaker 1: Well and he naps in his crib, not swaddled right.
Speaker 3: No, he's not swattled. Well, I have the Merlin suit.
Speaker 1: Hard to to flip, but.
Speaker 3: I have him on his back all the time.
Speaker 1: He's always in that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but KB, when did h I said Tiger? Sorry? When when Dido when sorry? And I'm not trying to laugh about it.
Speaker 5: I was just I was like I was gonna say this first of all, on behalf of my I think he's doing his very best to roll himself over. He's really working hard. I think so lying girl rolled over fast. But Legend was literally a full hearted meatball. We used to call it how to Dress the Meatball was the series. He was so thick that everything was delayed. So I think he's the best to compare it to.
Speaker 3: And he was a little later, like six months late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, My niece literally was like eight or nine months old when she rolled over, So don't freak out about it. I mean, what are they going to do?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm like, is there like baby pet or like.
Speaker 1: And maybe they want to check and make sure like muscles are okay and like all that stuff. But I'm telling you, when you have that added weight, like, it's.
Speaker 3: Hard to do the size have thighs.
Speaker 1: That's ow kay. It was all of mine were actually.
Speaker 2: Like, it's fine, it's so cute and I love him to death.
Speaker 3: He's just such a fun baby.
Speaker 2: But I got him a kilt for the wedding, but I don't think the kill fits him anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, probably not.
Speaker 2: No, I just wasn't because he was such a tiny baby. He was, so I kind of based off yeah, yeah, but that thing is not I know, I think I'm gonna try too. But we did pick out, yeah, the outfits for them, and they're just gonna be It's just it's so cute.
Speaker 1: So ill I was to say he probably won't be in the wedding because it would be hard to like, yeah, yeah, he'd probably eat the ring. Right.
Speaker 5: How did Alan do with you filming a movie, a romantic movie. This is your first movie together, it's your first movie since you and Alan have been together.
Speaker 2: Correct, No, the movie in Arizona was like that member, Yeah, this is.
Speaker 5: Like oh that's right, Okay, that was.
Speaker 2: Love we had like the first sexy for a lifetime Christmas movie. This was way different this movie. I mean this movie, Austin was trying to kill me. So there was a lovey dovey like anything did he do?
Speaker 5: Okay? Like it was? Was it good with Alan? Like?
Speaker 2: Was he?
Speaker 5: I mean that's also I guess that's another that's I suppose that is another like protective thing that would come out too. So even if it isn't like the sexy stuff, then it's like you're filming a movie where you're like put in this position. Does Alan's protective Scotland side come out in this at all? During filming?
Speaker 2: You know, he is a very listen. We all know he's very old school, right, Like he's very put he's very protective. He loves me like so much, and he's just in the kind of mind frame you know, he's he doesn't love another male being around me all day, every day for fourteen plus hours. Like he's like, that's never going to make me feel good, whether you I like the person or I don't. He's like, it's just my male, My love for you, my protection over you, is always going to not love the fact that you're around someone that much during the day.
Speaker 5: Right, That's how Preston would be. That's why I ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he is not jealous.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 2: He's here's the difference. Like my ex was never jealous, and I was always like, well that kind of stinks, you know, because he would not care if I was being flirty, maybe in Instagram videos or not. I'm saying flirt, but you know, just like being free and fun and whatever. He wouldn't care. And I look back sometimes and I'm like, was I trying to be that way to then get attention to want him to be jealous because I want him to want me and not the other women. So I think maybe there was a subconscious layer where I would maybe do that to try to get his attention, but I never got his attention. He would just say he didn't care. But then also I realized he wanted me to even the score, which is something he said when we got divorced. He's like, I wish you would have cheated so that I wouldn't have been the only one.
Speaker 3: And I was like, and that's.
Speaker 2: Why I never would because I don't want you to have that over me exactly. Even though yeah, but so with and I brought that to therapy one time because when we were I was still married to him because I'm like, I told Amy that, I was like, it kind of bums me out that he doesn't care at all or it doesn't seem jealous. And it's not that I want jealous, because I've been with those jealous guys and it's not fun, you know, But with him, it was nothing. And she's like, there's it's a thing called healthy jealousy. And I think that's what Alan has. It's what I have with him, it's just healthy jealousy.
Speaker 3: Sure what, I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't love him being all day with a female. You know, he was coaching a women's team. I actually had zero jealousy around that, but you know, if it was maybe one on one, I don't know, I'd probably have healthy jealousy around it. But I wouldn't have been psycho or controlling like I was in the past. So with him, he's so respectful, like he was amazing with Austin. He also knows my history with Austin where you know Austin and I we were roommates together in One Tree Hill. We have been friends you know, post show as well, and I respect Austin a lot like Austin, And we were just talking about this when we wrapped, like he is my favorite scene study partner ever, Like how amazing he is as an actor, and how giving he is in a scene and how present we both are together. Because again, like we talked about it when we wrapped, He's like, we have something that's so great together on screen that you don't get with a lot of people, and I've never had that with any other person. Like we just are so in it together that we forget that we're almost like acting. And so you know, he met I know, I'm always making sure too, Like before I'm like, all right here, like I want you to meet Alan, and so I just I want Alan to feel so comfortable and safe. So I always make sure to do you know, a good job with that. And I'm a different person now with Alan, so like my boundaries are very different on set now, how I interact, how I you know, how I would have in the past, I don't do now, Like I'm just way more respectful to my situation and to other situations.
Speaker 3: So but I like it.
Speaker 2: He still doesn't love it, you know what I mean, Like he's not gonna love the idea. Like if we were watching something the other day where there was like a heavy simulated scene, He's like, I would not like that, and I was like I wouldn't either, you know. And it's also not like that when you're filming, like when we do do kissing scenes, like when Austin and I did have a kiss, it's not like there's people staring at you. It's not there isn't a connection. The problem and I will always say, this is the connection that you have off screen with the person. So it's whether you spend time with them, you know, in the trailer or running lines, like that's the stuff that gets shady and not good, Like you have to have really good boundaries off screen. That's when people get messed up in movies and stuff. It's never truly the on screen because there's so many people watching. It isn't like there's no emotions. But yeah, but I just like I love his his balance because I do. I feel protected, I feel safe, I feel I feel like he cares, but he's not controlling or psycho like other people that I've been with as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think, honestly, like I think it is so special. Well, I think what you do is special. I've always admired like the actress part of you, but also just I think it is would be red flaggy to me if he was like cool, go make out with that dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I think it's like incredible that he cares enough. But I always do wonder because Alan is he's just such a different guy for you. He's different than anyone you've ever dated or been with. And it was I remember the minute I thought it the first time, and I was like, I really like this guy because he isn't going to give you like he's he held the line, which was really interesting to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he held the line.
Speaker 2: But also because he respects me, I respect him, right, And that's the difference. I didn't respect Mike because he didn't respect me. So that was like then how I acted reflected how he acted reflected. So with this situation is like, he respects me so much, I'm going to respect him as well. And the relationship.
Speaker 5: But that's the first time I had seen that out of you with a person you had been with, and that's what I loved the most.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Preston wouldn't be a fan.
Speaker 5: Oh there's a zero percent chance I'd be on set with somebody.
Speaker 2: But yet it's okay for him to be on music videos with listens and every night with girls throwing their bras on stage to them listen.
Speaker 5: The younger that front row gets, the better for downloads. I will say that. Yeah, it is a really interesting thing. Like even like we've had this talk before, right, because our industry is a hot mess a lot of times in marriage, and I think for we have dealt with our own stuff in our own marriage just because it is wild, Like he's away from me two hundred nights a year. That's a lot, and it gets lonely on both sides. Even if lonely looks different, it gets lonely, you know. But we have talked about that too, because I was like, you don't even know how like blessed you are. When I leave you, I go and sit with like Jana and kat if I go do anything for work and air quotes, which I don't consider what we do work. It's like so much fun out there. But like if we do wind down on the road, I'm like our demographic like ninety nine percent women with their girlfriends or somebody brought their husband, Like you don't You'll never know.
Speaker 1: There's literally no single man really at these besides Osama.
Speaker 2: We love it, that's true, and they're amazing, but Ryan Osama Matt, yeah, sweet.
Speaker 1: But you know what's interesting about that, KB though, don't you feel like Janna being kind of the preston of the group in your relationship that you've always been kind of the more jealous one. Maybe not this time around, but like, for instance, you go do movies and you're rolling around with men, but if you were any man that you were with at the time was doing the same.
Speaker 2: If he was so here's here's the difference to that if he was an actor. Zero jealousy, like for real, yeah, because it's not like again, you have to like like I don't care when I was dating that one actor at all. It does it because it interesting. I know, it's nothing. It's again all how they.
Speaker 1: Know the boundaries outside of it. Yeah, and you have to be like to beuper careful. I don't know. I just feel like there's a part of you that would be a little bit more jealous as same as Preston.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought i'd be jealous when he was coaching all like thirty freaking soccer girls, and I wasn't at all.
Speaker 3: I was like, go have fun.
Speaker 1: I mean even last night when we were talking and you mentioned something about him doing something, You're like, great, I won't be there have fun. I was like, wow, but I just Jane. I would have been like I'll be there with you every second. No, but no, totally totally. But I didn't trust the person. I was like, right, of course I would be there because I would felt like I had to control it. Now I'm like yeah, bye, yeah, yeah, I'm true. Go have fun for the ten days out of the month. I don't like, you know what I mean, like, I trust him and if he did anything again I met that place too, I'm like, you're an idiot, right true, and I'm okay alone and you've messed up, but we're here.
Speaker 2: But I I don't think he ever would you know that. I trust him so much, so that's why I'm like, go go for it. I don't know the acting things like, for example, this actually pissed my ax off, which I thought was kind of funny. Well, the motorcycle THINGKI pissed my ax off, but also I.
Speaker 1: Can only imagine how much that pissed him off.
Speaker 2: He walked in the garage and goes, what the is what I was like, cat, catch your tongue. I'm not gonna say that, but I was like, I was like, yeah what and I knew exactly what he was staring at that was and he goes, did an is this sounds bike? And I was like yeah, He's like are you kidding me? And I was like what.
Speaker 3: We all have choices that we can make. We can all make our own choices.
Speaker 2: So there was that and then the second one, which by the way, to add salt to it.
Speaker 3: He's like, you can take it up for a spec.
Speaker 2: But besides that, So the second thing was he had come to pick up Jolie had left her softball bag whatever at the house and so he came to pick it up and he's like, oh, where's Allan. I'm like, oh, you want to have a drink at Bricktops. He's like by himself. I was like yeah, He's like wow, and I will say he gave me a compliment. He goes, he goes, I'm really proud of you, And I go for what and he goes, well, like I know that that must have been like hard for you to get there. And I'm like, well, I trust him, So if he wants to go to have a drink somewhere, I trust that he's not going to be sitting there then meeting another woe, right, you know what I mean? Or like, But I'm like, I didn't and I didn't go into all that, but I'm like, I trust him, so I have no problem with it, Like, and that's where situations like that, I'm like, oh yeah, no, Like I genuinely am fine. If there was ever a reason to not trust him, then I probably wouldn't be fine, but I wouldn't be in the relationship right.
Speaker 1: Well, you've just changed so much since.
Speaker 2: So that's why when you say that, I'm like, no, I'd actually like I'm fine, Like I don't have any worries when he goes to Chicago. I genuinely don't like, go, yeah go. But because I used to not even let Mike when he would travel, because he would meet women when he traveled. I wouldn't let him sit at a bar in the hotel. Yeah, like I would lose my mind. Well granted he still did, and like, cheaters will always find a way, right, So that's why I'm like, it doesn't even Well.
Speaker 1: The more you tried to control control it and grasp you, there was no controlling that situation. He was always going to figure it out exactly.
Speaker 2: And so with this, I'm like, I don't I trust you because you show up and yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Are so well.
Speaker 5: This was my fear with this one because the connection here is so lousy. I'm in NAPA worse places to be, but I can hear y'all. I just have to like really super super listen because it gets really really quiet, really fast.
Speaker 1: So, hey, are you gonna have a bachelorette party, well bridesmaids, Hey, KB, are we planning a bachelorette party?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it's going to be in London.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it's I think it's hosted by iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: I think they want to put out there.
Speaker 5: Can we do it on Broadway? Can I grab some matching? Can I grab some matching cowboy hats? And we can just do it on Broadway?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought you were about to have abs.
Speaker 2: I think that though queendom on Broadway would be kind of fun, so fun, that actually would be fun because I mean, nobody honestly can travel.
Speaker 1: Because no one's going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Everyone has soccer, baseball, cheerleading. So my absolutely no. Just went to let's do it. Let's go get a hot tub time machine and go watch the time machine.
Speaker 5: It's what it's like, the splitsh slash the hot tubs, they go around.
Speaker 1: Okay, I draw a line at that, but that's fine. I'll meet y'all at the bar.
Speaker 5: It doesn't see Jeremy at all. Cat, I think it's gonna be perfect.
Speaker 1: That is awful. I don't know if that's worse. They're actually peddling while I'm drinking. It all sounds awful. But okay, so we're gonna plan that. Thank you. iHeart that's great.
Speaker 3: Well, no, now it's not hard.
Speaker 1: Now, it's sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, question for you guys, this is interesting. It's a pop culture one for you. Oh, by the way, has anyone heard the new Taylor Swift album.
Speaker 1: I went through it a little bit.
Speaker 5: I have listened a little bit.
Speaker 3: Thoughts.
Speaker 5: Well, I would say that the reason I'm listening is to screen for love because she's a Swift tie and so it's got it's a little bit tricky. This album's a bit tricky, and she listens to her albums on vinyl, and so I'm just not sure how I can because there's certainly songs she's not going to be able to listen to.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: You know that this is like the most controversial thing to talk about, Like you start talking about Taylor Swift and people are like, I angree, Well, they're very passionate about some Taylor Swift. But I also can't say anything because I took my kids to know Lavia Rodrigo week, so I'm already judging myself. That's fine. I am not a huge Taylor Swift fan, just come at me. That's fine. I'm just not and my kids are already kind of over her, luckily, so I don't really have to deal with it.
Speaker 2: So Jolie is not a fan, which is so interesting because I didn't know this. She was at a birthday party and she's like, Mom, is it okay that I don't like Taylor Swift? And I was like, this is so crazy because we've never had this conversation. I go, Honey, one thousand percent, you can like whoever you want. I was like, it's just because she's super famous, you know, and everyone loves her, does not mean that you have to love her too. Just you know the Beatles, It's like, you don't have to like that. Like and sometimes like I didn't like the Beatles because everyone loved the Beatles, so I always kind of go opposite. Now do I rock out? So Alan always makes fun of me. He's like, you're Sessa Taylor Swift. I was like, I do like some of her songs one hundred percent. I'm not going to deny that. I think she's an insane entertainer. Like I didn't see your concert. I wanted to, tickets were too expensive, so I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't go. I'd still love to go.
Speaker 2: I watched the movie on whatever, like she's she's she's very calculated all that. I don't love the new album. I've listened just for a couple songs. I kind of got a little bored. But you know, but again, you know, I still like respect her as an artist. The thing that so interesting to me is I do feel like she's above if this song which I get it, the thank You Amy song, which is the Kim Kardashian for me, like when I kind of look at it from like an outsider's point of view, I just think she's better than that to like come up with like it just seems so like I don't know, I just think she's better. She's better than that to like to have a dig song like you know you kind of won, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that that's kind of all she does is dig songs. Taylor Swift, I mean, right.
Speaker 2: Well, it is a lot of you know, but I mean, I can't say anything I write. I wrote like a million cheating.
Speaker 3: Songs, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean, I mean not that she's every man. She's ever dated, well, that's true, literally, and it's they're very specific. Again, I don't listen to all her stuff, but yes, the Kim thing, I'm like, when did this happen?
Speaker 3: This was the Kanye West thing?
Speaker 1: No, I know what it was, but it was what seven years ago?
Speaker 2: It was a long time ago, but but I do believe that that took her in a tailspin and was like a I could see how Kim Kardashian is a force. She's so freaking famous, and at that time, I think she was probably more famous if yeah, and so a lot of people I think jumped on Kim's bandwagon of yeah, screw Taylor. You know she she's lying or making up the situation. So I can only imagine how that affected Taylor. But now I feel like Taylor's bigger of a star that I don't. So I look at it as like, you know what, you kind of why bring it back up again? And you've lessened your power a little bit. It's how I perceive it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And with the lyrics to the song yeah, it makes it. I always kind of felt like then in that situation, she was kind of playing the victim, and I felt that a lot with her. If I'm being honest and again I'll get attacked for this, I know, but it's kind of felt like a victim mentality.
Speaker 3: Making a friend the victim.
Speaker 1: Oh god. But and I'm not standing up for Kim Kardashian by any means. I mean, geez, but this is like just playing into that again. For me, I'm like, are we going back to being the victim of this situation? Like I understand, like you are huge, like you said, like, you're huge, and I hate that it affected her. Obviously it affected her more than anyone realized. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think it like, if it affected you, write it in a way where it's not a caddy way. Yeah, is like you want to write a song about that, then yeah, then write it where it's like but this just feels like you're just you're better than that, like you're and you guys are both I don't know, now, both.
Speaker 1: Are huge like no one you know, and.
Speaker 2: I think I think bigger. And this is such a moment, like why bring that.
Speaker 1: Up again because we're all talking about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ei, there you are. It's true.
Speaker 2: But I like the fact that she says Kim Kardashian doesn't want to add fuel to the fire and people are like, oh, she lost one hundred thousand followers. Kim did Kim did yeah after the after the song. But I think again, if she doesn't respond Kim, I think that's again, good on her.
Speaker 3: Let it go.
Speaker 1: The last thing you want is just like a caddy back and forth.
Speaker 5: Last thing I would want to do is resurrect any beef with Kim Kardashian or anyone.
Speaker 3: What is like that?
Speaker 5: What's the point? Yeah?
Speaker 2: My thing is like I'd rather just have a solid like, Hey, this hurt sorry, or I hurt you, I'm sorry. Like I've done a lot of that behind the scenes, where I've reached out someone had been like, hey, I'm really sorry I was I was a dick to you and I apologize, or I was a bitch to you and I apologize.
Speaker 1: Like I don't think there's gonna be any apologizing in this situation.
Speaker 2: No, But it's like I would love for them to be friends. Yeah, I just want everyone to be happy. It's such a but you friend, are not a tortured poet. You're not a tortured poet. So I just don't know if that is done. I don't know if that's the same on her side. But I'm also saying all this and then was like talking about my ex just twenty minutes ago. So but it's all in relation to topics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't like you're like I have like.
Speaker 2: No, my ex and I are great, you know what I mean, We have our moments, but I mean, so far we've been great.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's getting soccer balls off your roof, he's climbing on roof.
Speaker 3: But so that.
Speaker 2: But it's like when you go back to relating, and that's right when I unfortunately is the past and comes up.
Speaker 1: And that's when people were like, oh, she's not over it, she's da da dah because we will relate topics on here. Heck, I'll still relate topics to my ex boyfriend when I was nineteen, you know, like, and I can promise you I'm over that. But I just think people take that. I don't know, maybe not, but I think people take when you relate things to it. But it is who how it makes you. It makes you into the person you are now. That does not mean that you're not over.
Speaker 2: It, right, but it is the capitalization of the K and the I and the M.
Speaker 1: That was like making sure everybody knew yep.
Speaker 5: It's also tricky though, because you know, Taylor is so artistic when it comes to music. I hate it because you know, we know on our side, like the music side, she wasn't. She didn't just start this project like last year. This has probably been a compilation of like things that she's written for like the last since her last album or whatever, or even before that. You know, songs always make a way, like you can you can create a song and you can leave it for forever and then you decide it fits somewhere. So I think artistically, maybe this fits for her, or it feels like you know, like I try to go. I try to just go to like the artist side of things where it's like redemptive or it feels like it fits or like to her it all of those songs meant something and they all go into a certain season, or like like when an author writes a book. So I don't I just feel like sometimes her artistic display of it, like we're like, well why would she do that? But for her, she's like if I didn't put it on here, it would be like being complete to myself or true to myself or whatever. You know, or it doesn't maybe tell the whole story if she doesn't have that song in there in her artistic brain.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 1: I think this album will be interesting because I think there's a lot of moms who last year idol kids are obsessed blah blah, and now there's a lot of moms going wha, wha what is she saying in these songs? And I'm you know, I'm one of It wasn't there before, but people are really paying attention to it now, and it's going to be interesting to see because she was just such an idol for so many young kids, and now this album is bringing out this whole side of wait a minute, what are what are we listening to? And is this good for our kids? It's going to be interesting to watch.
Speaker 5: That's the tricky part for me, is like love is such a swiftie and she you know, and I also get like, you can't Taylor's not going to stay the same right She's because she's she's a woman, she has a boyfriend and all the things. But it is a little tricky. I'm not I just don't know how to quite navigate because we haven't I haven't listened to the whole album. It is hard for me to listen to to Jana's point, honestly, it's just I'm kind of my jam which is whatever.
Speaker 2: Well like folklore like that wasn't my jam either at that album. So I like them more like Speak Now Red And that's.
Speaker 1: Not like the kid's favorites albums either, you know what I mean. So I don't even know if they would gravitate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like I like one song from with the Yeah, I can't even say it, but like there's one or two songs I like from that album, you know, so I just rotate the other ones, like Yeah, me and Jace love bad Blood.
Speaker 3: That's our that's our vibe.
Speaker 5: Yeah you do, That's that's that Michigan mom, and.
Speaker 2: You I know, hey, guys, what are your thoughts? A mom defends asking guests a daughter's birthday to bring five dollars for backyard renovation in lieu of gifts.
Speaker 3: What it says?
Speaker 2: A mom of too opened up about how she's doing things differently her second baby's first birthday party, and her approach raised some eyebrows online. Rachel Gibbs, she's a known on TikTok Rachel on Life opened about how she's handling her daughter Harry Potter theme first birthday party, so she decided to just have an hour and a half long party at nine thirty am. I don't want you at my house all day. I'm giving you your day. I do not expect you to sacrifice your entire Saturday for a child's birthday who's not even going to remember it. There and the time, please leave my house. My child needs to nap, and anybody who's coming to a one year old's birthday party is already up at nine thirty, or they can suck it up for one day because it's over at eleven.
Speaker 3: You have your entire day.
Speaker 5: Chicknut friends to invite because it sounds a little sounds a little harsh, I'm not so sure. I have a matching best friend bracelet with her.
Speaker 1: Is this all on the invite?
Speaker 2: Then, she said, I specifically, very clearly put on the limitations. Please do not bring gifts, which fine a lot of us. I mean, I still gotta give you ram these, she said, explain that she put a cute rhyme about her little girl being far from a house elf and needed nothing from her gifts and then I said, if you feel inclined to bring something, consider five dollars because we're trying to remodel, redo our yard. Our backyard is a train wreck. Bring us five bucks to help us redo our backyard. That's what we're asking. The mom admitted, I'm very picky. I don't want to buy shit for my kids. I don't want you to buy for my kids. So I think she's just trying to be funny and people are taking offense to it. I think it's funny, like I don't want you guys also to bring like the kids have enough toys. But I hope she's not being serious about the five dollars things she has to be like she's taking a piss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think she's being funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think it's funny.
Speaker 1: But I could see where it's kind of like, wait, is this funny?
Speaker 5: Is it not?
Speaker 2: But speaking of there's another one that I think is even more controversial, which kind of makes me get a little uh when it comes to my wedding. Is there's there was this thing that went around the news where the couple said, instead of gifts, don't know, gifts, no money at the wedding, they just wanted people to pay for their dinner. What because we know weddings are so expensive, right, so.
Speaker 5: So you could choose to have one if you don't want to feed people.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, guys, yeah, are you are you considering this? I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: I feel bad even being like, hey, the airbeam, you know that the castle were staying in like you guys, you know you guys aren't. But like you know, other people, I'm like, I feel bad having them pay for that because but I'm also like, well, if they were traveling anyone's they'd need to find a hotel, right, I would never have them pay for the food of the day of the wedding, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, what hotels is normal for people to right.
Speaker 2: So, but then I'm like, is am I asking the same thing? Because I'm asking for the wedding dinner food money, I'm asking for like the day before and the day after, you know, like the breakfast and dinner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and at the intergral day you're also providing a whole experience in that, like as a guest coming. What's really cool about it? I don't know how much we're sharing, but like I like that I know there's a full experience in that. Like, tell me a time in my life where someone invites me to say, hey, so all you'll have to do is pay for the castle. That's not a real sentence, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: If someone was traveling somewhere for a destination, they have to pay for their food, hotel.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, and let's.
Speaker 1: Let's remember gifts of any sort for anything are an option. If I'm if I am a guest invited to something, I don't have to bring a gift. No, that is an option. Is it obviously what you should do. Yes, But you're basically saying it's not an option for you to bring a gift. If you want to eat, you're paying for your food, you know what I mean? Like, that's that's not comparable in my And you're saying a certain amount a gift, you could buy a ten dollars gift or you could buy a five hundred dollars gift. Right, but like you're sitting in that food. Is like what if they can't.
Speaker 5: It's called hosting, right, That's what that is. It's called hosting an event. So if you're going to host something and you invite those people then you host.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah, or just see on the flowers, Like, I don't get the point of flowers at a wedding.
Speaker 3: I don't so expensive?
Speaker 2: Why there's no point pick some like those weed flowers from the like garden.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with it.
Speaker 1: I did a night wedding, so I didn't have to really do flowers, and I just did candles.
Speaker 2: Pretty That's what I did too, Cat, I don't, well, I'll never understand the flower thing ever.
Speaker 1: It's so expensive for flowers, it's.
Speaker 5: Really expensive, but it's stunning.
Speaker 2: I know, if I had the money, I mean, like if you know what I mean, like if if you know.
Speaker 3: If you weren't already over budget, yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. It's trying to find the words. If I wasn't already over budget, then yes.
Speaker 5: So you guys. What ended up happening with the Boundary Queen birthday party?
Speaker 2: People brought fifty dollars like it ended up being fifty dollars in cash?
Speaker 3: People like it was the total?
Speaker 1: Were only ten people invited or only only some people bring I would have wanted to go just to see it all play out.
Speaker 2: How are the speeches, ladies going? What the speeches for the bridesmaids. Okay, don't let me just hear a little bit of.
Speaker 3: It right now. Let's just give me like a little like.
Speaker 1: Did you just see the speech I had to do the other day? KB had to literally hold me up. It was awful.
Speaker 5: I started mine out with saying, what doesn't kilt us only makes us stronger?
Speaker 1: Oh God, could she just be the only one I forgot?
Speaker 3: That's so funny? But please, that's really funny.
Speaker 1: Started that way, that's good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, great, well good. I'm just tested it out here to see how it would go over with the crowd.
Speaker 2: Speaking of, if you guys want to come see us on the Wine Down Tour, we are going to Nashville, Detroit, and Chicago in June June, like yeah, June fifth, Nashville, June sixth, Detroit, June seventh, Chicago.
Speaker 3: Come see us.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a lot of fun and we have well, we'll save some private snippets for y'all.
Speaker 5: We you are really good.
Speaker 2: I'm excited, all right. I think that's it, y'all. All right, I really love you, love you too. Come help to us, bring us some wine.
Speaker 5: I was at Camis yesterday and I was telling them all about how it's on the rider for wine down, all right by girls
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye