Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hodaydayydy, let's thanks day. Listen, let's tart a night off rightday? Ay say if I'm me real quick say if I'm me say if I'm saying hohod eight.
Speaker 2: They find they they finally they finally won a game. They fi They finally y'all know Ill. Thanks, Welcome to another episode of Nightcamp. I have your favorite on shutter Shark. He is Liberty City's on Bingo's Ring of Fame honoree winning Bingo Ring of Fame Artery Louis Cool of the All Pro That's Chance oh Jo Sinko Johnson and we want to welcome you to another edition of Nightcamp. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcamp podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank you for supporting us and hopefully you'll give us your continued support because without you, there can be no us. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it and stop and the holidays are upon us now. If you want to receive it, you need to order it by December eighteenth to make sure you get it by New Year's. That is the Garrett. That's the cutoff. December eighteenth. We can assure you you'll get it by New Year's. If you can't find it any city or state near you, order it online by December eighteenth, then we can assure you will have it before the holidays. Please one more favor, Please drink responsibly. Go check out my media company page on all of his platforms.
Speaker 3: That's Shayshane Media.
Speaker 2: And my clothing company eighty four with our news release that just dropped last week, new t shirts, new sweats. We even got stocking stuffers, beanies, coosies and mugs.
Speaker 3: I remind you.
Speaker 2: Quantities are limited, so please get yours wild supplies. Last tickets for the Super Bowl Show in New Orleans, our first springstop tour, are on sale now.
Speaker 3: The link is pinned at the top of the chat. February six in New Orleans. Be there. You don't want to miss it.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Yo, Hey, hey, hold on, hold on on, Let me have my moment, Let me have my moment. If your team didn't win the night, I don't want to use a foot off ball. Hu get what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: My team?
Speaker 1: Will ontta buy? Hold on? Does that count? Yo? Listen? We did that in Jerry's world. I wonder how Jerry's feeling tonight? Right, huh? I wonder how Jerry's feeling tonight?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 1: What bro give me? Do me a favorite, real quick? Give me, do me favorit real quick. One of the teams that nobody wants to see if we get into the playoffs, it's us. Did you see how defense played tonight? We played a little better, We played a little better. Did you did you see the best? Did you see the best receiving? For all the night? Too? His name is Jamar Chase. He has the moniker called seventy eleven. You know why you got the called seventy eleven because he's always open and every time he touched the ball, you got to hold your breath like this boo because he might take it to the house. How many games do you want to date? How many games? If you want to date one?
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 1: How many games do the Bengals won to date?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Y'all won all the five? Oh we listen, we won all the five. So some people in the chat you might be laughing at five, not really under understanding the significance of what five really means. If you're Christian. In the chat five, the definity of five in Christianity is grace. Okay, let me tell you, Eulse, what starts for five? That's really good? The Jackson five? Huh? What about five? Guys? That's good too. I remember the high school. Remember he was at Savannah State. You had five girlfriends? Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: I just had one? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, you told me that story. I'll tell you what. How about this? I got one more thing? What about what about a high school athlete? He might be five star? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you bragged, you bragging about beating the cowboys. That girl who all you did. All you did did was hey, you from out of town. Yeah, you told you took the local freak and maybe your girl friend.
Speaker 1: That's all you did. Whoa, whoa? What's with disrespect? Beat the cow holdo? Did your team play to night?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Did your team win the last game they played?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Remember we beat the Browns?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh we Oh? We hooping and hollering about beating the Browns? Is that what we're doing? Are we hooping to holler about being the Browns? That's all I'm asking That's That's what's all I'm asking you telling what's our record? Wait? They stay with me now you're telling me I can't hoop a holler about being the Cowboys in Jerry's world, which is America scene, But you're happy about being the Browns. They only won one game? Who won one game?
Speaker 2: The Cowboys of only one game in Jerry's world. They lose by the average of eighteen points a game.
Speaker 1: They lose by the average of eighteen points a game, But they dominate the headlines in the media outlets.
Speaker 2: We talking about the headlines. We talk about the football field. What they dominate we talked listen, we talk about the football field. I'm telling you who we beat. I'm telling you who we beat.
Speaker 1: Who they? Who they? Who they think they're gonna beat them? Bangos? Who they? Who they? They? Finally I'm feeling.
Speaker 2: They finally, they finally, they finally don't want a game. They finally, they finally they finally don't.
Speaker 1: Want a game.
Speaker 2: Everything you said, y'all bad, Hey, Joey said, we bouy it with go walk about to war eight of our next nine.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. Don't do that because it's the opportunity we run the table nine. You do know, and that we do have your Broncos right now, y'all gonna run the table. You do realize we got the Broncos on the schedule, right, Yes, Okay, who's gonna stop Jamar Chase certain who? PS two? Hey, let me tell you something when Uno get it? When when Uno got one two and you know the PS two came out, well you know you're a PS two came out. I don't, but it's still but it's outdated. It's outdated.
Speaker 2: Many PS two Let me see how many PS twosday and sold that day? I think it's the most most popular gaming console, is it?
Speaker 1: Is it it's not. It's definitely not. The most popular gaming console is the PS five unfortunately. Just just I just want to let you know that. That's why, Hey, don't don't don't make nothing up either. Patrick certain is my dude, that's my guy. Obviously. I remember the battles with his dad, you know, back back back in the day. You know, when Passer tain was with the Chiefs, when he's with the Dolphins. We had some good battles. But I'm telling you what's gonna happen when Jamar Chase has to s you, Hey.
Speaker 2: Enjoydy's victory, Oh, Joe Jordan's victory.
Speaker 1: He was worried about what we got. Wait a minute, what are we doing? What are we doing? What you Let's let's not disrespect my Bengals tonight. This this is I'm saying that Jordian's victory. Okay, Hey, say who they? Real quick from me? Just say who they want?
Speaker 3: Time?
Speaker 1: Just one time? Say who they they?
Speaker 3: Finally, the Big beat the Cowboys twenty seven.
Speaker 2: The Bengals improved the five and eight, the Cowboys fall to five and seven. The Cowboys blocked the punt, but since he got the ball back after look, I did not get the pronunciation of young man's name.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna say, ao, touch the ball? Why do you touch the ball? I'm just curious, or why do you try to touch the ball?
Speaker 2: He tried to pick it? Tried to be because what happened. You remember when they're on side kicked it in Washington, and what did a guy do? Ojo? Instead of following on it, what did he do? Ojoe? He picked it up and ran it back for a touchdown. So now we got guys wanting to be a hero. You see what happens. Now, see everybody was applauded. He ran it back.
Speaker 3: You accepted something in a win you never would in the loss. Boom boo, I'm prophetic.
Speaker 2: Now everybody knows if you're on special team, if you block a punt and a block a punt, a field goal or pat if the pat doesn't matter, but a field goal and a field goal and a punt, if the ball is behind the line of scrimmage, you can pick it up because even if you don't get it, the ball did not go past the line of scrimmage. Once the ball goes past the line of scrimmage and your ass touch it, that is considered a fumble that is a change of possession. The ball belongs to the team that recovers it. You could see John Fossil, his dad was my offensive coordinator. He used to be the ball bull with me when I was in Denver. So I know John Fossil says, he's probably ten. You see him on this get away. Get away. I'm going to be a hero because I remember the guy in Washington. He got him a touchdown on the scoopings go on, then all side kick, that's my turn. Now look at it.
Speaker 1: Listen, And there are really no excuses, especially especially that situation, because you'll get the ball right there. Oh yeah. In meetings you go over that situation, you go over all possible scenarios to make sure something like that doesn't happen. So there's really no excuse outside of having a lapse of a lapse of judgment, lapse of judgment in a very important situation. And honestly, it might have cost Actually hell, it did it cost them the game. It cast him the game. Matter of fact, our defense was playing so well. To me, even if they did get the ball in that scenario, I think the defense would have stopped them and we'd have went down the sport anyway, and the Bengals going win tonight no matter what, because the football gods, the football guys were on our sides the night. Not only were the football gods on our side to night, we got some breaks that we haven't gotten all year. And it's about time you see.
Speaker 2: Joke over the ball and your lineman with Johnny on the spot. Yeah, who, I said, You're about.
Speaker 3: To cry again?
Speaker 1: Hey listen, I listen. I said it. I tweeted it out. If we had lost this game tonight as emotional as I was last time we did the show and the Bengals lost, I wouldn't have been I wouldn't have been able to take that. I wouldn't have been able to take that kind of heartbreak two weeks in a row. I just can't.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have been able to do the show. I mean, you could, you could have find me, you could have suspended me, But I just just you would have to give me some type of grace and not have to go through that emotional roller coaster yet again. If we were to lose, I can't take that. Like it's been a bad it's been a bad month of me it's been a bad two months of me, the Bengals losing, you know, amongst other things, and I just I just can't seem to get it right.
Speaker 2: But not.
Speaker 3: When when when.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see you can't do it right covid uh when Joe, when Joe threw that flat route, Yeah, I tweeted, I'm like, that's incomplete.
Speaker 1: Never game, never gave Oh.
Speaker 2: Now See Normally when I tweet something about yo held all the troll they like to say captain Obius now or you a liar? You just you hate the cowboy, you hate pro I'm just going by the letter of the law, the rule. He bobbled it and he never really got full control over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 1: Make a move.
Speaker 2: Yeah you have to turn up into doing this. It's not a football move because he didn't take a step. All I did was tell you what what was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, I got a question for you real quick. For those in the check you understand, don't understand what a football rule is. Once you have control of the ball, how many steps is it considered the football rule before a move incomplete or if you if it gets if you get a peanut punch it's considered the fumble.
Speaker 2: How many steps it varies to the officiating prow Some people say two, some people say three, some people let you get down one. But I don't think he made a football move because all he tried off because he bobbled it and by the time he secured it and turned, he didn't take a step.
Speaker 1: He just turned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I already knew what it was gonna be, because if you understand the rules, maybe if he had taken a step right, okay, maybe you can say, well damn.
Speaker 3: But because he was bobbling it O.
Speaker 2: Joe and put it in the world, I said, okay, yeah, it is what it is. But Michael was beside himself on the sideline. They walked off the field early.
Speaker 1: He was hurting. He was hurting. He was hurting rightfully so, because defensively, despite what they looked like the entirety of the season, the last two weeks, they played some good football. Defensively, they played some good football. And now I'm saying, obviously you better. But it was abysmal all goddamn season, which is why they've been in the situation.
Speaker 3: Still was holo, holo, let me get something, let me pull some up for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Bengals had four hundred and thirty three yards You got that right, we did.
Speaker 1: We had the MVP. We have the MVP right now. We had the NFL's m v P right now. And the fact that he's not, he's not in the conversation. It's simply because of our record, that's all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just letting you know, he's the m v P.
Speaker 2: Well how many how many times can we say that about Mats Stafford when he was in Detroit?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Whoa? We are in twenty twenty four. I'm not. I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 3: What's your wein lost record? Who you just talking about?
Speaker 2: Who they?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who they? That's us, that's us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, you're mad. Look, I thought Chase. I thought Chase had a little trouble tracking the ball tonight. He let what hit him in his head? Yeah, the pace ball.
Speaker 1: That's the lights. That's the like the sun, that was the son. It was the sun. I don't know about the sun. Oho, it was really pretty late at night. I think it was the lights.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: It's tough catching the ball at night.
Speaker 2: People don't understand, hey, because you've never been in the stadium with those lights, but you're easy. It's easy to lose the ball in the lights. And so and he had another one that went through that went through his hands, and you can tells that he had a problem picking it up because like if the ball beat him up, yeah, you know what, and he normally plus he normally gets there before he had to like right here, like he couldn't see it.
Speaker 1: Like. One of the things that I do hate, unk is obviously when you're running around and the ball is coming and your eyes happened to I hate your eye. The lights catch your eyes. And then when the lights catch your eyes, the ball it get right upore you like that before you can react, Before you can react for him, it's already your hands and either you dropped it or you bobble it. Because if you can't kick off the quarterback's hand and see it in all the way after Lesa's hands and messages you up really really bad. Did you wear eye black? Because I wore eye black, but I'm already black, so I didn't really need no eye black. I need add nothing to what I already.
Speaker 2: Got, But no do a little bit bored, but I need Some people were like the Fris stickers yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I need that. I need that. I need that paint.
Speaker 1: You think that really did something, You think that really worked though, Well, I had a problem early in my career, and I did it well. I first started doing it because I thought it looked cool, and then I said, man, what's that for? They say, man, it helped with the glare, and then I ended up losing the ball in the light. But I was on special teams that lost the ball in the light and the ball within the m zone, and you know, and so from that point on, I put it on the next game and I wore it every since.
Speaker 2: But I definitely think it helped. But then again, it was in my mind that it helped, So that's all that matters. It didn't matter if it helped or not. I thought it did. But look, the Cowboys are what they are. They really got wonder they really got one receiver. The CD Cooks had a couple of catchers. I'm not sure what. I'm not sure what the guy was doing. Uh he run a shallow cross. The guy's trailing that nobody outside and he pulls up. I'm like, why would you pull off? There's nobody out there. Somebody has to be following you if you see Joe.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows.
Speaker 2: If you're running the shallow cross and there's nobody out there, that's gotta be man.
Speaker 1: If you if you if there's green grass in front of you, would is something you keep going? You keep going. If it's somebody out there, you pull up. Yeah, listen, if it's z one, you got to see that as the snap of the ball. You already know a time. You see that right as a snap. Look at your keys, use your eyes, get to your spot, and sit your black ass down.
Speaker 2: So what you thought, Hey, everybody's playing man. They gonna play you zone. That's not you, Bro, You not Jerry, You not Randy. They ain't playing. No, they ain't playing. They're playing man. Everywhere else it zoning. You are how they how it works. So and Mike McCarthy lost his mind on life, like what are we doing? I asked the same question, like what are you doing? I thought they did a great job of trying to pressure Joe. But that's the that's the problem that you run into because if you pressure and he gets the ball out, now you got chased one on one and you don't want them problems. There ain't nobody on that d on that secondary. The want of those problems with Chase. And that's what happens when you missing, he spins up out of it.
Speaker 1: It's to the house, you know, you know it's funny, and you say, there's nobody in that secondary. There's nobody in the NFL in generally that wants some problems for hear me.
Speaker 3: Not know the top receivers.
Speaker 2: You gonna catch hell no matter who you are, playing that guy one on one. It's too much space, especially because he can run show, he can run shallow, he can run speed out here, run the dig, he can run, he can run the gold, can run to shake.
Speaker 1: It's too many, it's too many, too many, too many options.
Speaker 3: Because guess what he'll do. He'll start you on the shallow cross.
Speaker 2: Right back out because you're gonna get over the top, because you know he's trying to get to a point, so you're gonna try to race him over the over the top.
Speaker 3: He slammed on breaks right back out. Now you not Now you really in deep.
Speaker 1: Way and you way out of position. You wag your way out of position.
Speaker 2: But look now, all this false prophertyes, false hope that cowboys have we going somewhere with you, y'all steal the boys.
Speaker 3: Y'all going hold on.
Speaker 1: They thought they were long somewhere outside of it.
Speaker 3: They thought that they thought that outside we're gonna keep fighting. We're gonna you know, Jared, we not out of this thing.
Speaker 1: You out of it? Whoa you've been out of it? Who said that? Jerry said, Jerry, Yeah, yeah, they was out of it. But he said that recently. Mm hmm. I ain't even gonna say nothing anything to be said because I'm fin out what. I'm fin the basketball glory because we wonder, oh Joe, yeah.
Speaker 3: What's understood. Don't need to be saying. You're right.
Speaker 1: That's why I ain't gonna say nothing no more about my bangors.
Speaker 2: But and Jamar Chase fourteen catches, one seventy seven, two scores. Chase is the first receiver to have ten catches, a buck, seventy five, two touchdowns uh and two two in two games since Jamar Chase did in the Week ten against the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Guess what.
Speaker 2: He's also the first receiver doing since Jamar Chase did in Week five against the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Hey that boy, that boy good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna be. He's gonna be a unanimous first team All Pro. Yeah, and Sophy uh Jetta looks like he's gonna be the other receiver that's gonna be a first team off bro. I don't he's not gonna be unanimous like chasees. But Chase Chase has a chance to win the Triple Crown. Yeah, a chance to win the Triple Crown. There's only four or five weeks left. He's going to win the Triple Crown. Nothing is gonna stop Jamar Chase. Nothing gonna stop Joe Burrow. They might as well get whatever award it is that Chase is supposed to get. As far as when it comes to winning that Triple Crown.
Speaker 1: They might have on the Cincinnati right now, they might as well ship it on over there right now. And that's not that's not all. Not only he is he wonna win the Triple Crown. We do have the m v P at the quarterback position. Many people aren't gonna give him credit because our record doesn't.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna get no MVP right.
Speaker 1: Let me finish. Don't do me favorite, don't interrupt me. Next time you want to talk, raise your hand. I'm calling you okay, But anyway, like I was saying, Joe Burrow should be the unanimous MVP, but due to our record this season, he's not gonna be in the talk. He's not gonna be in consideration. Josh Allen kudos, kudos in kudos Lamar Jackson as well. But if we happen to go on a run and for some reason slither into the playoffs and some come up some kind of fashion by way of God, we are a team that nobody's gonna want to see offensively. Now, I can't speak for the defense, but I'm saying, if you gotta score fifty three, we're gonna score fifty three. If you gotta score for what, y'all go give up fifty forty five? But y'all gonna give up fifty five. Listen. That's that's that.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: That's neither here nor there. We are a team that nobody wants to see, and y'all don't want to see nobody. No, I don't nobody want to see us, especially offensively. That that's that's the focal o.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 2: But you gotta bring your bro Ojo, but you gotta bring your entire team.
Speaker 3: I can't leave your defense at home.
Speaker 1: I understand that, but I can only I can only do my job. Huh. That's something Bill Belichick always said to do. Do your job. My job is to focus on offense. My job is to score forty to fifty five points and get Are you a team or not? Huh?
Speaker 3: Are you a team?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Are you a team?
Speaker 2: Is it the Cincinnati Bengals or the Cincinnati offense, the Cincinnati defense the Cincinnati special team?
Speaker 1: I just need to know which are it is a team? Can I say something to finish it is a team. It's a team, right, but that team is broken down in the three phases offense, defense, and special teams. Now, each three of those phases has to do their job in order for you to get the W. You know, w's like Jameis Winston. Y'all none, y'all hungry? We we ate something tonight the first eight three weeks.
Speaker 2: Hey, when the playoffs starts with one of the Bengals are gonna be in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: The offense, the defense are the special team, the whole the whole team, the team in general, y'all will be whold right, No, no, no, no, no no, no, don't do that. Don't do that that's the chance. Listen, that's a chance. Hey, can you ask asks to give her what percentage the chance is of us make it into the playoffs? Still to this point, uh, eighty year old getting pregnant. There's a chance, right, but that that that there's a percentage. Now the percentage ain't that low. There's a percentage of eighty y'all could get pregnant. How old was Barry? Which you can see Jesus eighty three?
Speaker 2: There is a chance they put man on the boon. Yeah, yeah, chance. I feel you ain't gonna putting no money down on it though, Oh yoe me? How much I owe you?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 3: Three bands?
Speaker 1: Okay, how about this when we play the bank, when we play the broncos.
Speaker 3: I ain't betting nothing. You ain't listen, how you gonna bet me?
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on talking. I bet you. I don't know you three thousand, I bet it. Let's let's let's bring down a notch and let's respect the winner. Respect. Let's respect the winner, Circleton. That's let's respect for the server the night. Now you won't be I'm giving you the opportunity to double your money. So when we play the Broncos. Let's double it nothing that three thousand I owe you.
Speaker 3: I don't like doubling my money. How to just take my money?
Speaker 2: I got something in mind which I want to buy somebody. It is just so happened to call three thous the giff I want to get called exactly three thousand dollars. I said, you hold it? I said, sir, can you hold this for me? I'll be right back in like two weeks. So I gotta, I gotta, I gotta go in nobody this week with you a get hey, hold on.
Speaker 1: Temy ten ten? What you gonna get? What you've benna get?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Just give you? Just give me a the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have less than a two percent chance to make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Two percent, less than less than two percent.
Speaker 2: Yes, actually it's one point nine one point You know that's not that bad.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's not that bad. I'm gonna just say two percent because I bet I bet if you ask the chat right when they go to Whole Foods, I bet some of them they get two percent milk. I bet sometimes when you get a lot till you go to Starbucks and they ask you what kind of milk? You want. Sometimes people say, you know what I want? Two percent milk. There is a significance. If you're an actor, you know sometimes the agent the agent fee. Sometimes the agent fee is two percent. No, it ain't ten fifteen percent of Hollywood. Okay, if you ain't getting nowhere though, two percent? Okay, listen, I'm just I'm just trying to throw that context. I didn't need you to correct me. Okay, bye bad, bye bad bye bad Okay. But they got a milk chance, yeah, two percent six sis.
Speaker 3: I put it in terms that you will understand. They got a milk chare er.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The question is for you if Burrow and Chase the best quarterback wide receiver combo?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, now there there there there. There are a few people that would like to argue as far as duo is are concerned, But a duo that is doing what they've done at such an early stage, as soon as they started, they hit the ground running right away. Obviously because of the continuity that they already already had and the chemistry that they had already built and had lsu together. It made the transition into the NFL being on the same team that much easier. It maybe that was easier, which is why was one of the few reasons why the chemistry it looks the way it does. Okay, when you when you watch Joe Burrow and you watch Jamar Chase work, that ain't nothing but Prince and Apollonia. Okay, that ain't nothing but Mark Anthony and j Lo. Okay, you stay with me. That ain't nothing but Prince Haquen and the lady the daughter from McDowell's I remember the daughter name in the movie. What was the name? Yeah, but you get where I'm going, you get wrong. Yeah, it just it just it's just a match made in heaven. Is a match made in heaven? Like when you meet somebody new. One of the key things, one of the key things, and the only key things that matters, is the chemistry and where you're compatible. Okay, and when you're compatible, your WiFi the connection is perfect and Joe Burrow and god damn Jamar Chase WiFi is on point.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't have any other references or analogies I can think of to give to give people a better understanding on how great they are. So early.
Speaker 3: Chase got nineteen he got ninety three catches.
Speaker 2: O Joe, Yeah, thirteen hundred yards and fifteen touchdowns last year. He's already clear. He's seven catches behind last year's face. He's already one hundred, one hundred yards clear of yet last year's pace. He's already has eight touchdowns more than last year. And he has and he has They're five, they're five and seven. What's the record.
Speaker 3: Hold on? They're five and eight, so they got four games to go.
Speaker 2: So there's an outside chance he could get to that seventeen hundred mark OJO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: And he might.
Speaker 2: He might get to that twenty, that magical number, that twenty touchdown mark, Yeah, which only only a handful of guys I've ever gotten there. Yeah, Jerry and Randy. Jerry got twenty two, Randy twenty three. Nobody else is the I mean there have been a few eighteen, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But nobody.
Speaker 2: There's only two guys that's ever gotten twenty receiving touchdowns in the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know that that young bull man is nice man. Obviously, even as early as it is man Chases is the greatest banger receiver to ever play. Chase is the greatest bang of receiver that ever done them. Goddamn stripes. You hear me. You know some of the things that he's that he's doing, they haven't been done before in that helmet, in thatiga. Ain't nobody never done nothing like that man. You know, Mike Brown, you're gonna be sorry you didn't sign that man early. Who are you telling you?
Speaker 6: Hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gonna have to take hurt. You're gonna have to play double hurt. Oh.
Speaker 3: He about to get forty million.
Speaker 1: Forty make it forty two. And the two is the milk. The two of the people said, add that ship on too, yo.
Speaker 2: He say, Chase, got Chase, he said, A jailer got thirty five. I want five more, poor year, and I want an extra to get mellion guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Don't even play with me. Don't even play because you tried me. You tried me at the beginning of the season. I asked you. You made me sit out of training camp.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And you had plenty ofpp of time. You had ample ample time to understand what you had at your disposal.
Speaker 5: You know what you get in the long run. You know what you get it because I gave you a sample side of three years. Okay, I know I might have two more years on my deal, but sometimes you just know.
Speaker 3: But now I got one more now, so come on with it, Come on with.
Speaker 1: It, know what to do and if you and if you hold on, if you, if you want to play again, do me a favor. Don't franchise tag me, let me play one mode and let me go show you I can get sixty someone. I'm not coming. There ain't nothing you can do.
Speaker 2: You told me, you told me you was gonna take care of me after this one.
Speaker 1: I played it out.
Speaker 2: Now you won't see my black ass if you don't, if you don't pay me my money this time around.
Speaker 1: Period, and we ain't fit. We ain't gonna play because we from the clocket and I ain't. I ain't talking about no Higgins, about the bound.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so go out there and try to play with without without Higgins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, period ship. So I'm gone. But I do think you know T T T T T gonna be in night because the one thing about it, he deserves his money t T. He deserves money T A T T is played well, you know, barring injuries. He knows that he's had a few setbacks here and there, but he deserves that number one money. He gonna get it now, he gonna get it. Hey, he just needed to finish the season healthy. Yeah, oh yeah, But.
Speaker 2: I tell you what Jamar Chase has done. He's played himself into Offensive Player of the Year. Now it's is still ahead of the pace of Eric Dickins some single season rushing.
Speaker 3: Sir.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hard for him to overtake that, especially because of the team that he's playing on. They haven't won enough game now it would be very interesting. Oh Joe, Let's just say, for the sake of argument, they had had nine wins at this present time. So instead of being what five and eight, they would be five, they would they were nine, nine and nine and three or nine and four. Now we got a serious discussion, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: I just don't think he's one enough game.
Speaker 2: But he's definitely gonna get some consideration because he's a triple crown with him and the last guy that won the triple Crown he was Offensive Player of the Year, that was Cooper Cup.
Speaker 1: As matter of fact, I feel like Keith Lee right now. I feel like Keith Lee right now. That's why I got my hands sitting like this. So right now I'm gonna talk serious. I'm not even playing. Jamar Chase is the kind of player based on what he's done and basically on what he's going to do, he deserves one solo kind of money. That's what I'm trying to say. Man stopping period, all right, that is no, he is the greatest he hey, hey, the greatest bangor receiver of all time. Jamar Itthilio Chase. He from Louisiana. Okay, look o Joe, Yes, sir, he gonna get he gonna get one sixty. What did y'all get? What did j'alla get guaranteed? Whoa you'll probably get whoa? Whoa? Whoa? We want two hundred. We want Listen to me, Listen to me. Hey, Poppa's Chase, Papa Chase. I know you watching Papa Chase. I know you what. Matter of fact, Jamal Poppy watching too. Oh hey, everybody be watching that, they be watching the show. You know y'all watching. Listen. We ain't negotiating unless we getting two hundred. Matter of fact, we want our shit guaranteed, too. Okay, we want two hundred. We want two hundred, right, simply for the fact you just said one forty. You just said one forty, right, no, okay, all right, let's say one sixty. Matter of fact, add another forty million for the bulls that you pulled on us in training camp. He was gonna do a deal, so just make it two hundred. Make it guaranteed. Boom done deal. Matter of fact, four year, two hundred. There it is right there. Matter of fact, by the time we get to twenty eight, twenty nine, you're gonna come, We're gonna we're gonna see you again. We're gonna see somebody else, and we're gonna hit you allcross the head one more time. They don't got to be in Cincinnati. It could be somewhere else, but that's what it is. So Chase, Papa Chase, I done did the deal for us already. So I already know the numbers on what we gonna get. Let's have at it. I don't need nothing. Just about one percent, per.
Speaker 2: Zach Taylor plaus Now, just Joe Burrow's physical presence, not just the physical toughness, but the mental toughness in the game, because Zim does that to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as tough as it gets. You know, look, Zim heated him up. You know.
Speaker 2: The offensive line is banged up. First of all, they're not that good to begin with, and they're banged up. So with that being said, you know, Zim was gonna bring the pressure. The problem is when you bring pressure and you don't get there, that means Chase is one on one. That means he's one on one. Now, it's one thing, okay, it's one thing to be in position. You gotta get him on ojo. You got to get him on the ground. You can't let him spin up out of that. And he hard to tackle too, that's the problem. He hard to tackle.
Speaker 1: It's various, various, Very few receivers out there with the ball in their hands not only get hard to tackle, they know to do when they get that ball.
Speaker 3: In their hands.
Speaker 1: Boy, yes, and he's for them. He's one of them ones.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is receiver. But when he got the ball in his hands, he very slippery. He's very very slippery. What's up, Oh Joe, we got Oh Joe, we got a special guest. Nice time, ten Toduce our special guest. His album The cross Road is out now. The Cross Road Tour kicks off February twenty twenty five. Takets on sale now.
Speaker 2: Bill his official site Chordae Music dot Com cor day, What it do?
Speaker 1: What a long time?
Speaker 2: No see?
Speaker 3: Oh Joe?
Speaker 1: What it do? Y'all? What's up? By way? They do? What now?
Speaker 5: I can't complain? God, it's good both y'all fellas looking clean? Man looking clean right now?
Speaker 1: Love y'all show. I love it. You know, I appreciate that. Appreciate that. Tell go ahead, O Joe was finish, say, I took me a little shower and I shave my shame of beer because I knew. I knew, I knew. You know, people's gonna be on here looking at me to night. That's all.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's it, that's it. You know, I just got a haircut, man, I ain't gonna I've been thugging it out. I been i' look a real mess up. But you know, you know I'm on night, Captain. Let me get a first let me get a retwist. I was on first take with no retwist. I was like, you know, this is the last time I'm gonna do that. I ain't going on night captin no retwist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate that. Tell us a little bit about the album cross Road. What what? What's what's this?
Speaker 3: Apple? What does this album entail.
Speaker 5: I feel like, honestly, this is my best body of work by far. I know when when me and you sat down one on one, I was telling you how just like I just wanted. Honestly, my my main theme with this album is just been pushed that pin, push that push that pin.
Speaker 1: And I got great advice from Lord Wayne.
Speaker 5: He told me, he said, you gotta treat every song like it's people's first time hearing you. Like I feel like, when you gain a fan base and you gain success as an artist, your fan base when you I've been blessed to have a real deal core fan base, but that can become a crutch because you in the studio, You're like, oh, my fan is gonna love whatever the heck I put out.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, They gonna love this regardless.
Speaker 5: Versus if you approach every single song like you're making the first impression. It just inspired me just just to push that pin. And another saying is just like, don't leave nothing else to the judges, like I got Kanye West, Yay, I got Yay, you know what I'm saying. And Wayne's twice on the album, so it's really blessed to have them and Jordan Ward and to impact everybody a part of this.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad it's South finally.
Speaker 3: Man, Lord, what's your favorite song? What's your favorite song on the album?
Speaker 5: Hmmm, my favorite song It might be six Dreaming, just because it's so personal. It's a story about my mom.
Speaker 1: My mom.
Speaker 5: She used to make music and stuff back in the day, but she was never able to make it. So what I ended up doing was I sampled one of her old songs, and I sampled one of her old songs and basically told the story about how like it's a story of irony, how my mom was chasing her dream. I'm sitting watching her. She tried out for like American Idol, she tried out for making the band, all these things, but she wasn't able to, like, you know, make it.
Speaker 1: And it's just.
Speaker 5: Funny how I didn't even realize that until I was writing this song, how that might have been not might have, but that definitely instilled like something to me, like you know what mama like I got us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hey, hey, listen, the fact that you grew up in Maryland, right you're surrounded by passing the fans obviously had teams like the Ravens, the Orioles, University of Maryland, the Terps. How to the local sports culture you know influence you as a kid, And did they in any way shape your competitive driving music?
Speaker 5: Yes, because you know PG County. Why wonder where I'm from is you know they call it basketball County.
Speaker 1: You know we got KD.
Speaker 5: Markel Fulls, Michael Beasley, Delonte West, so many, so many people won't forgetting just off the top of my brain right now, but so many dope.
Speaker 1: It killed my basketball dreams real early.
Speaker 5: First and foremost because you hooping against dogs every night, dogs every night, and I had I had a puppin.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna allow with you. I had a pupping man.
Speaker 5: So it allowed me to really focus on making music full time at an early age because I know I ain't have a chance with hoops man so on that sport. But as far I mean Redskins now, the Commander culture is crazy.
Speaker 3: Like I grew up watching.
Speaker 5: The Santana Moss Jason Campbell, Clinton pulled this Sean Taylor R.
Speaker 1: I p watching you tear us up. You know what I'm saying, watch watching you said stuff o.
Speaker 5: Yo, And yeah, and even the Wizards, you know, like love the John Wall Brad built era. So I say all that to say because unfortunately the sports team, you know, Wizards had some good years.
Speaker 1: We had a couple of good years with the Skins.
Speaker 5: We having a great year with the Commanders, but because those good years were too were so few and far between. It was real fans, like real deal fans, like if you love the Commanders, you don't have way like them, you love them, saying with the Wizards, you know right now we're in the rebuilding phase. We got Bloud, you know, doing this thing that Alex saw Jordan Poole hooping, you know, so it I guess growing up more so.
Speaker 1: Of like that.
Speaker 5: Even we got Stephan Diggs, you know the Diggs brothers, both for Maryland as well. Step Far he hooped that Maryland terms as well. So I mean it's just a real big like just sports coach out there for sure. Sorry if I went on the TANGI how you good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: You're good, You're good. Take your time, courdy. Who are some of your inspirations? Obviously you do what you do, but who are some of your inspirations when you were growing up and you're like, man, I really like the way they get down.
Speaker 5: Musically, Yes, definitely, he said, well it wasn't talking about sports because we've seen what.
Speaker 1: Happened he had expression.
Speaker 5: Musically Definitely, Kanye West Okay, definitely LOLd Wayne. Definitely a lot of Nas, a lot of jay Z.
Speaker 3: You loved him having Wayne.
Speaker 1: I mean, they was unavoidable as a kid.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, They're unavoidable, and it was just greatness personified, you know what I'm saying. Like even having Wayne in my corner giving me like the gems that he's been given me has been like a huge difference maker, like with this album again the work ethic that I'm learning from him, and even you know, back to the vice I said earlier of him telling me, just like push that pin.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is just push that pin, Push that pin.
Speaker 5: Because you gotta treat every body like it's their first time hearing you, and your fans that already love you, when you've been acting treating every song like nobody's ever heard of you, like they're gonna be like this dude is the greatest ever, and people may not have heard of you are more likely too, you know, enjoy the music that you make. So yeah, definitely that that's my mouth rushmore as well, right there?
Speaker 1: For sure, Hey, has parenthood changed how you approach music?
Speaker 5: I would say parenthood has a has changed my approach in scheduling and how I make music. And you know, as a creative, you know, with no kids, I'll be in the studio from like seven pm to eight am, next day five pm to five am, the next day one pm, the nine so it's like more of a flurry. But you know when you have children. Both of y'all have kids, right, I'm sure, yes, yeah, I got yeah, Oh that's a blessed. Fertility is a blessing. My brother's put us on earth, who you can feel me? But yeah, so with me, it's like since i had my daughter, it's been more like.
Speaker 1: I'm at the studio every day from nine am to six pm.
Speaker 5: I come home, play with a put her to sleep, and then three days out the week I go back to the studio once you go to sleep from like nine pm to four am.
Speaker 1: So I still try to get that seventy hours.
Speaker 5: My goal is to like seventy hours a week in the studio and again I usually do my nine hour days nine am to six pm, three day, three days out the week, I go back to the studio and I take off on Sundays.
Speaker 1: Right, So you know I had a question right as a musician myself, you know, Sir, as a musician and the lyricists myself, I always think about your body work and your music and your lyrics, and I just want to ask you. Your lyrics often contained a thoughtful mix of introspection and social commentary. How, Sir, Allen's being honest and vulnerable in your music while maintaining your sense of artistry and poetic flair. That's something I've always struggled with as the artist myself, which is why I haven't dropped yet.
Speaker 5: Ahead, yes, sir, now, I understand that, brother, I understand that you're just prepping it to make sure we ready to hear it. You know what I'm saying. You gotta make sure we ready for it. Yes, yes, you know you know somebody told me this gold don't get old, you know what I'm saying, Like, sometimes when it comes to good music, no matter when you release it was one.
Speaker 1: Of my biggest songs. I released it two years after I recorded it.
Speaker 5: That song triple platinum, And so I say, all that to say, gold don't get old.
Speaker 1: But to answer your question for me social commentary.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes in cancel culture, I be a little I ain't gonna be a little scared to say how I feel like when it comes to like a tweet or something like that. But I've always been a writer, and sometimes I can't express my myself like through words and through you know, tweets and things that nature. But I've always found writing as a comfort for me since I was a kid, since I was ten years old. I've been writing raps every day. So I was ten years old, recordinary they saw I was fifteen. And so I say this to say I'm able to get out my thoughtfulness and like I guess my social commentary through my music and then also like get through some comedy, you know, through some music, because it's funny when you if you can make a joke about society or something, but you put a bar, it makes it way funnier, you know what I'm saying. So I think that's the creativeness of it is just like finding dope creative ways and entertaining ways that's relatable to everybody. But also like saying how you feel, you know, because artists. Our job is to decorate time. The first hip hop art we're like the modern nay grios. This is how you time that we're the gatekeepers of time. And so with that responsibility of just like just find it cool and creative and dope ways and sometimes even like humorous ways to say how you feel, you know, for they give me your hip hop mount Rushmore, hip hop, myut Rushmore. You gotta go Wayne. He got a lot of kids in the music business. You gotta go Wayne, my Rushmore full right, that's it. Okay, this is my personal before we say that, I know everybody my personal Uh huh.
Speaker 6: I got Wayne, I got Yeah, I got Hole, I got Nas.
Speaker 5: That's that's my full right there. That's okay, that's that's that's that's that's some heavyweights. That's some heavyweights right there. And then Eminem and Kendrick they they they on there too. They they we gotta make more maltains for them too.
Speaker 3: But that's.
Speaker 5: That's my mother, my Rushmore right there, Wayne, Wayne, yay Nas and Hove.
Speaker 3: Who haven't you collabed with?
Speaker 2: Give me your dream collab someone that you haven't been in studio with that Like man, I would love. It could be male or female, someone you'd like to be your dream collab.
Speaker 4: Ho.
Speaker 5: Yo, you know you took the words right out my mouth. Ojo, you took the words right out my mouth.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you said it for me, but you said it for me. I'm gonna think of my second. Okay, so my first, my second? Mm can they can?
Speaker 1: Can we do that? Alive?
Speaker 5: I'm going to Okay, I'm going to the grave. I'm going to the grave digging them up. I'm going Marvin Gay. I love Vin Gay. Yeah, yeah, like Our Green's still alive.
Speaker 1: I think he's still alive.
Speaker 5: Yes he is, Okay, I don't know. Okay, I love some Al Green. I'm just going to the folks I sampled because it'll be cheaper than sampling. I'm no nigg you got saying this, folks? You know, excuse me? Uh Marvin Gay, Al Green and Mike Mike. Now, I don't know how me and.
Speaker 1: Mike will combine. That's that's just the business side of me thinking.
Speaker 5: Honestly, that's just all business thinking of mic Well, and he's obviously one of the greatest of all time. But yeah, Our Green and Marvin Gay Man. Oh, oh, you know a Barber Mason. Now I'm going Barbara Mason all day.
Speaker 3: Wow, do you believe?
Speaker 2: Do you believe Marvin Gray kay is the greatest R and B singer of all time?
Speaker 1: He from maryl I gotta say he from Maryland too. DC. Just point that out there, matter of fact. You know before you answer that, right, and you think you think about that answer about Marvion Gay being the greatest R and B singer of all time? Okay, I will say this for those of you in the chat that have probably never seen it, Marvin Gay saying the greatest Star Spangled banner at the nineteen eighty four NBA All Star Game. I've never ever the star banner sing in that manner, in that type of tone. Unbelievable. I'm not sure if you saw a course a, but you you did. Oh man, I got to that.
Speaker 5: Mine got that beat though. I ain't gonna lie forgive me O Joe think so, yes, Ritty, I was going Whitney at the Super Bowl. Whitney killed that thing?
Speaker 1: Did she did?
Speaker 5: And recently I just seen Jasmine Sullivan do it at the MLB.
Speaker 1: You know, I ain't gonna.
Speaker 3: Lie to you.
Speaker 5: I don't watch too much MLB, but I've seen that clip. I do love the Nationals.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. As a casual supers, I gotta add the super casual. Jasmine Sullivan killed that thing, man. She did it any anytime, anytime I hear the name Jazmine Sullivant, it always resonates with me with a young lady breaking up with me. A long time ago. When James Eldon made the song, I was hoping the lady, you know, when you when you don't want to be with somebody anymore, give them grace by letting them. You talk to them in their face. Sometimes be a text if you're shy. But she left me a voicemail voicemail playing Jasmine Sullivan's in love with another man. Let me know she wanted to leave me for somebody else. Now, no, you know she did that. Yeah. No, I was just Chad back then. Yeah, I was just Chad back then. I ain't really had nothing going on for myself, so I kind of understood, you know, it was someone else that that happened, that that could offer her more at the time. Yeah, I never forget that. Yeah, you know, it's funny that happened to me right before I got on to OJO somebody. Yeah, right before I got on. I ain't gonna lie but this so I want to say, spend the block? Did you spend the block?
Speaker 5: But the block closed? The block was closed by the street signed the blocks. Ye, call your barricades up. No, no, this block was closed for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bro, I guess we all been through it, man, we all been through it. Y'all get happy looking at her Instagram knowing.
Speaker 3: Like man.
Speaker 1: Dodged it, dodged it.
Speaker 3: That is core Day.
Speaker 2: He has a new album that's dropping. It's called cross It's out now. Cross Roads Tour kicks off in February. Tickets are on sale now as his official site, core Day Music dot com. Cord Day Man, thank you for joining us man, continue success, Bro. Enjoyed to sit down as always. You're welcome to be a guest on Nightcap anytime you see it.
Speaker 3: Bro, Thank you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate y'all. I'm gonna take you up on that too. I would like to highlight to you know I was part of Club Shape before Cat Williams. I had my membership before Cat Williams. I just got to put that on there.
Speaker 1: You. It was already super late. It was already in the move. I just want like to put it out. I was an early member of Club Shape Shape. I caught my card still good.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yes sir, all right, Oh cha appreciate that. Yes, I appreciate congratulations on.
Speaker 1: The young one.
Speaker 3: Yes, tell you success my brother.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all see that, appreciate you. Appreciate you as well. Oh y'all.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all for having me on in the b I see y'all soon, Yes, sir, Yes, sir. That is Core Day album cross Roads. It's out now. Doore kicks off in February. Go to court Day Music dot Com to cop dot com to cop your tickets. Oh Joe All apparently is not well with the Eagles. According to branding Brandon Graham, the team's longest tenured member, all the relationship between Jalen Hurts and aj Brown the string and the person that's complaining Brown needs to be accountable.
Speaker 3: I'm just being honest. He knows this.
Speaker 2: I don't know how the whole story, but I know that Hurts is trying and Brown could be a little better with how he responds to things. Their friends before, but things have changed. Graham later apologized, said, I made a mistake. I didn't add I didn't add to it in good light. So that's my bad.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 2: See here's the thing, yes, sir, when you say, when they asked aj Brown, we need what do you need to improve in passing?
Speaker 1: Who's the only one that can throw the ball over Joe yep quarterback? A quarterback Jalen Hurst?
Speaker 2: So how how how is the media? How's everybody gonna take that? Well, that's not how I meant it. If somebody if they asked Carson, what can we do better route running and getting open?
Speaker 1: Who are you talking about?
Speaker 3: By mean?
Speaker 1: So, but that's not how you meant it, right, right, But listen, we all know what he meant. We understand it. It's frustration. We understand its gripes. A hey matter of fact, heycho Acho, you know Ocho? Right? Yeah, listen, if any of you in the chat that will follow him, uh uncle, I don't know if you've had an opportunity to see it. And showing he showed a description of plays and description the play and these are bang bang plays that are just basic fundamentals of the game of football. Having anticipatory skills as a quarterback at the quarterback position, being able to get your number one, your number one player at the target based on what you see what show pre read is as a quarterback and I listen, it was five or six plays where one, two, three, boom, get the ball out and let it go. You know, it's like in that specific game that we talk about where I can understand where the frustrations come from. With AJ Brown, I'm like, well, okay, now I see it. Now, I see it. Now, I understand. But you don't do it the way you did it, not with the media. That's something you go to your quarterback. You go to your quarterback, You tell them you that needs to do me a small favor A J. Brown. If you see this, this is I need you to do me a small favor, young bull. When we come to the line of scrimmage and you see a certain cover and you see that receiver off if you see him pressed at any point and you see that safety and the safety is in the middle of the field, or he's not share or he's shaded just a little bit to the hash, and I know I can beat him over the top. I need you to give me a chance. I need you to give me a chance, please, I need to put them aside and had that conversation. But they don't do it this way because now all eyes on, Jailen hurts, Now all eyes in the pressure while you're winning, you're winning. Let me add that your team is winning.
Speaker 3: That's the key.
Speaker 1: And it comes and it's gonna come off. It comes off, and being selfish comes off, and being selfish it's gonna be lived, you know.
Speaker 3: And I don't think and I don't think. I don't. I don't think he's selfish.
Speaker 1: Oh hell, no body does.
Speaker 3: I think he's a competitor. Well, he wants to contribute.
Speaker 2: I think he realizes that in order for us to get to where we need to be, I'm gonna have to catch more than three four balls. Davante is gonna have to catch more than three balls. But like you said, uh so, maybe Jalen just didn't see the field yesterday. Maybe that happens sometimes, O Joe, we don't see the ball. Well if we bobbled woo, we bobble some stuff and we don't catch it clean like we want to. But it's Jayleen has a tough job. I'm not trying to excuse it, but I just believe. I just believe in a situation like that. Anyway, check this out on Joe Donovan. McNab weighed in on aj brown potential frustration with Jalen Hurts. It's two grown men. If you got an issue, you come to me. Let's not go through the media because now it blows up and now what you said is out there in front of everybody. And t O responded, Now, this is interesting coming from you. Now, not how I interpret it, but it's funny. Thing is I agree with you on the idea of it. If you have an issu with someone that you go to them, not the medium.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I never had an issue with you, but it's known that you had an issue with me, So maybe you should have taken your own advice here. Oh yeah, and we might have won the Super Bowl thirty nine, but that's another story for another day. Just my two cents number three seventeen. You talk about the jacket you gave yours, I'm giving mine.
Speaker 3: Lord, happened like that.
Speaker 1: A them boys still going through it, but you know what they Hey, hey, A t O, t O and goddamn McNab, they're gonna be like claud and they're gonna be like Claude and Ray.
Speaker 3: No, they gonna be the Handfield and the hand Fields and the McCoy's. I like it.
Speaker 2: They aint Clauda Ray because Clauda Rae was best free. They argue love, but they were absolutely best friends.
Speaker 1: They had been done. I like, too has a point too, Teo has a point. Obviously I don't. I don't know the intriate details of the situation back then. I heard bits and pieces of it. Obviously, t O and I have talked in depth during that time. Yes, you know, yeah, obviously in the off season about what happened. I can't remember it the date, obviously, it's been it's been a while since then. But you know, listen, you got to keep it in the house the best, the best way you can. I understand A. J. Brown's frustration as a competitor that some wants to be a part of the game. Let me you know how it is. You don't touch that ball? You know how it is, Nancy something. Did you watch the Bengals game? Right? You watch the Bengals game tonight? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The first player of the game from the Bengals, Yeah, they get you gotta get the ball to first player they ran, get a chase, let him touch the ball. Boom you already. If you give it to him early, have him, you have him late. You ain't got nothing to worry about. Some simple and it wasn't nothing but a little a little screen route, a little smoke route. You good.
Speaker 3: He just needs the ball in his hand, he can go.
Speaker 1: That's it. They don't get it together though, because they win it right now. They win it that right, they win it right now. Number twenty six. He's taking some of the pressure off Jalen Hurts. He's taking something pressure off Jalen Hurst where he doesn't have to do so much at the quarterback position. And when the time comes and they need number eleven and they need number six, they gonna be there.
Speaker 3: But it's hard.
Speaker 2: But it's hard for Jalen too, Ojoe, when you don't get in a rhythm throwing the ball, and then all of a sudden in the third quarter, the fourth quarter, lay in the ball game. You asking me to go make plays. I haven't gotten into a rhythm. Quarterbacks need to get in the rhythm. Also, that's why they give them things early. I'm gonna give you a stop route I'm gonna give you out. I'm gonna give you a slam. I'm gonna give you something easy. I'm not throwing to go to first player of the game, Ojoe.
Speaker 1: But I will work.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna work my way into it, work my way into the rhythm.
Speaker 2: And so therefore, as the game goes on, I feel good about the calls and the throws the potentially I'm gonna have to make. But they're gonna have to figure this thing out. You're not winning. You're not gonna win. I don't believe that the Eagles can go to where they want to go to with Jalen Hursts throwing the ball nineteen times. I don't having one hundred and twenty yards one hundred and thirty yards that ain't gonna.
Speaker 1: Happen to play against the better teams, especially when you play against the better teams. When you playing the better teams, the play calling has to change. The play calling has to change because some of the some of the yard is that you're gonna need. Some of the drives that you're gonna need, those huge chunk plays are gonna come handy. You're not gonna be able to goddamn feel ninet eight yards every goddamn time. Say, Quan is not going to be able to hit his head off the gold post where you pay when you play against better defenses all the goddamn time. You know, it's different.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, Huh your quarterback has to play the outplay the old opposing team's quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely, most definitely, he throw for three to fifteen.
Speaker 3: You need to throw for three thirty.
Speaker 1: You know what I need to I need to ask. I know, I don't know if you ask, can hear me? Ask? If you can hear me, can you do me a favor? And on on Emmanuo Occho's page, can you sing on that video of the of the few plays. Yeah, yeah, it's very interesting because it's it's all twenty two or it's all twenty two, so you can see clear as day, like how are you missing these throws? Like how are you missing it? And they're just from pre snapper own the ball right there. So I'm looking at almost fifty yards fifty yards added on the wit he already had in the game. You know, I think he had thirty four or forty three whatever it might have been, but he had under yall game based on no simple players that I saw with the ball the bay had to do get the ball in the hands and get it out. So I kind of understood the frustration and a j Brown after seeing that breakdown from Acho, I'm like, God, damn, I ain't know it's that bad. You know, as a player, as a player who played the game, I get it, but you can't do it that way. That's not the way you go about it, especially not through the media. You know, the media messy. The media is like going through going to the blogs. Yeah, you know, the media's like onto the blogs, you know, not everybody, Yeah.
Speaker 3: All over your business.
Speaker 2: The forty nine ers had a big win on Sunday Ocho against the Bears, but Deebo Samuel did not have a big game. Deebo was held a two catch up for twenty two yards and the big win against the Bears, continuing his disappointing season in which he's averaging career lows and catches per game yards per game. But Deebo took the social media today and say nothing is wrong, not struggling at all, just not getting the ball. Debo quickly added another post He's not in any way criticizing his teammates just cause our voice, my opinion. I'm not hating on any of my teammates, be for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen around the league. When injuries happened, it affects everybody from top to bottom, affects the entire team. Offensively, it hadn't been the same. Christop McCaffrey is out. I mean, it's just Jordan Mason's eye. You lost your running back. You're down to your third running back. Yeah, I mean, this is this is what happens. This is what happens. And you know, people, T Dub is.
Speaker 3: Not T Dub.
Speaker 2: I don't know if T Dove was back, but I think he had a situation here, a family situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's it's unfortunate. It's unfortunate. And when things aren't going well, this is what happens. Players struggle fast, talk trash because they don't look like they did the previous year. You know, Deevo is still Devo. There's nothing wrong with him, There's nothing wrong with them all. It's just the floor of the offense is just not going in his favor. Hell, the floor of the offense in general isn't going in the forty nine ers favor. For that match, right, so you know, maybe next year they'll be all right. And and and that's it, because you don't. You don't fall off a cliff like that. And I need I need the casual fans you know that that are talking trash about Devo, you know, not playing well this year. Well for obvious reasons, all right, for obvious reasons. It's not that easy.
Speaker 2: The volume