Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal. I'm that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for day Edith State? Is that?
Speaker 2: Whoo?
Speaker 1: Whoom?
Speaker 2: And Dan and Tie, welcome back to the solid verbal boys and girls. My name is Ty Hilton Brandt. Joining me is always over there in beautiful New York City. My man Dan Rubinstein, Sir, how are you?
Speaker 1: First of all, before I commit, I want to thank my friends, my family, obviously, everybody up above, every coach who recruited me. It's been a weird process. Tie. But for the next sixty three or so minutes, are.
Speaker 2: We getting an announcement ceremony here?
Speaker 1: I am committing to the solid verbal. Whoa, I am committing to you and the verbalers and the verbaler sphere.
Speaker 2: I woo, it's a reallyef Are you putting the dad hat on as we speak?
Speaker 1: I wish I had a bucket hat? That would be wonderful. I wish I had that bucket hat, but no, Ty, early signing day, I am. I'm pretty excited the.
Speaker 2: Future transfers of America Signing day.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's so mean and accurate.
Speaker 2: Today it is the early signing period. It was enacted last year for the first time. I believe the early signing period is between today. We're recording on December the nineteenth, and it ends on Friday the twenty first, actually the first day of winter. So we will over the next minutes or so, however many minutes this show goes, talk in some level of detail about what has transpired, who signed where, what some of the big storylines are coming out of the first day of this early signing period. Absolutely things to discuss on that front. We also got more ball games to get through. Dan got a handful of those that we want to talk through. We've got our Bowl preview show today. We've got a Bowl preview show coming up on Sunday that will drop on Sunday. That's going to be the playoff preview. By the way, for those of you who have written in wondering what are you going to talk about the playoffs, It's going to be on Sunday. Okay, Then we've got another show. We got one more Bowl preview show after that. I'm not sure if we want to drop that on Sunday with the playoff show, or if we want to drop it the day after Christmas, but it's going to be recorded, it's going to be available.
Speaker 1: So what does that include? What is the post playoff show include preview wise?
Speaker 2: Good question. Okay, So the playoff show is going to run from the twenty ninth, which is when the playoff games are, through New Year's Eve, which of course is the thirty first, and then the show after that would run from some of the other games of New Year's Eve, So we're breaking New Year's Eve up a little bit, but basically from the Bowl through the Sugar Bowl. Got what we're looking at, which would be on New Year's Day.
Speaker 1: So that's the New Year's six and surroundings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got about eight games per show that we're going to try to break down for you.
Speaker 1: Love it and listen even if we're not specifically requesting it on Reddit or Facebook or Twitter, what have you. Throw the questions in anywhere that you consume the solid verbal online, because we're going to try to season these episodes with two or three questions each time because obviously we have declarations and injuries and storylines to address. So if if something is scratching your brain about a specific angle about something related to say the Citrus Bowl. Throw us a question, We'll address it that way.
Speaker 2: Throw us so stanky questions. Solidverbal at gmail dot com as always is how you can get in touch with us. But we're also out there on Twitter at Solidverbal. We're also out there on Facebook, Facebook, dot com slash solid Verbal. We've got an Instagram where we're post funny stuff. We've got the Reddit. Yeah, all sorts of ways that you can get in touch with us. We're going to be here all throughout Bowl season, talking through all these games, these results, breaking it down. But we should start dan because it is early signing day. Yeah, with our breaking news, I'm not going to yield it. Trying to be respectful of the young men who made some very important decisions today. We should talk through these and do a bit of a signing day rundown here.
Speaker 1: And we should point out after the full signing period. So that's what Early February is the final signing day. That's when we will have on Brandon Huffman, dear dear friend of the show to recap everything and sort of look at this from a ten thousand foot angle. But this is most of what's happening is happening today as we record this on Wednesday, but we will review it in sort of more specific detail then as well.
Speaker 2: So let me do this just to give you a general framework of what we're looking at here on the recruiting trail. Your number one team, who would have guessed a surprise of the century. We've got Alabama currently as the number one rated recruiting class for the twenty nineteen class, followed by Georgia surprise surprise, followed by a couple other teams that are of NOE, Texas A and M Texas A and M with a really strong recruiting class. We'll talk a little bit about that LSU really strong recruiting class, getting the number one cornerback in the nation, a local kid Oregon, your Oregon Ducks, rounding out the top five big class for the Ducks so far, followed by Clemson, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas at nine, and my Penn State nitty Lyons at number ten. Notre Dame by the way, in case you're wondering, they're at currently at thirteen, behind Ohio State, which is at twelve. So with that is the backdrop, Dan, what were some of the storylines that are merged from the first day of really signing, so.
Speaker 1: Just a shocker in Alabama closing mostly incredibly strong and incredibly strong fashion. They get the number one running back in the country and Trey Sanders from IMG. I believe, they get his teammate, who is a top flight offensive lineman, also obviously from IMG. His name, I believe is Evan Neil. He is super big. He's six seven and a half three seventy before going into Alabama and getting you know, ripped and shredded and everything like that. Georgia has a completely historic class last season, and they follow it up with a class that's merely stupid excellent, and that's highlighted by Nolan Smith, the number one overall player per the twenty four to seven Composite rankings. He's an edge rusher and just everything you could possibly want, and Georgia has had those types of players recently, so he is that guy of the future. They also got a flip. Dwan Mathis, who was a quarterback from He's from Michigan committed to Ohio State flipped. You know, probably the news of Justin Fields transferring, which we'll discuss momentarily, had something to do with the depth at Georgia and them chasing, so he goes. He ends up at Georgia and you know, a focus online play at Georgia A and m you know, really strong class receivers, but just mostly defense, especially a pair of safeties. LSU did very very well. You mentioned the cornerback, but they also signed John Emery who was a Georgia flip and he is local. Oregon did a really good job a lot on defense, a lot at receiver. You know, if you watched orgon this year, you saw that receiving options after Dylan Mitchell as we're not not really there. And they also end up with their highest rated recruit ever. His name is Kavon Thibodeau from actually not far from where I grew up from Oakes Christian and he is an EDG dresser himself who for a long period of time was the number one player in the country. Michigan had the very rare but still very effective double flip, the double heel flip, yes to and then from Alabama Dackson Hill the number one safety in the country and they, of course, as they usually do, have a pretty wide footprint, cast a wide net tie across the country. Commits from Florida and Georgia, California. If you remember all those Jim Harbaugh tours across the country, perhaps they are paying dividends anyone from Italy. Nobody that I see from Bologna or from Reggiano. By the way, did you see the Mike Piazza story in the Athletic?
Speaker 2: We might to that Piazza story. No, we have an athletic read.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to fully interrupt signing day early signing day for this, but Mike Piazza bought and subsequently ran into the ground a one hundred year old soccer club. It's extraordinary and it's crazy and not fully his fault.
Speaker 2: But sort of pause the show right now, go out. Yes, we'll tell you, We'll tell you athletic.
Speaker 1: Do you want to just do our Athletic read right now?
Speaker 2: The athletic slash solid verbal is how you can get forty percent off your first year for the Athletic two ninety nine per month. I believe the math checks out.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: We've had countless folks who have taken them up on the deal. I can't believe it's still available, but it is Christmas time. Ord knows you're in the market to get something for that special someone, maybe even yourself. Maybe just want to read about Mike Pias are running soccer programs.
Speaker 1: It's so good into the ground.
Speaker 2: Maybe you want to read college football content from all of our friends that we've had on the show that we will have on the show as we forge now into this college football off seasons, we talk more about recruiting and the like. I would encourage everyone. I'm actually going to get this for somebody for a Christmas gift.
Speaker 1: It's the ultimate Grower gift. It is. It really is like you hand somebody a you know, an envelope with a card and I'll like, hey, I got you a subscription the Athletic. You know, it's everybody wants something tangible. But then over time people are going to be so grateful to have this subscription, especially because you're supporting two handsome fellas in the Northeast by doing so.
Speaker 2: I bought somebody a subscription to one of those password applications that like stores all your passwords. Yes, yes, sah yeah, and it just auto fills every ultimate grower yes. And I'm not sure that went over well because there was there was a level of effort required there to switch everything over and it was like a good idea, but kind of a pain. The Athletic does not fall into that category. This is just pure, unadulterated sports content, no frills, the future of journalism. The Athletic dot com slash cliverble forty off for first year, just two ninety nine a month to.
Speaker 1: It back to signing day and out of Italy. Clemson obviously does super well. Their defensive back classes great. They may have pulled the top corner in the country. He's up there and he's out of Georgia. Texas went defense heavy, including two Blue Chips out of California, which I imagine has something to do with Tom Herman's connection to the state. Oklahoma went heavy on the lines and Huham signed the number one quarterback in the country, and that I think that's smart.
Speaker 2: Ty Spencer, no, no, here, here's what's best. Yeah, Spencer Rattler R A T T L E R from the desert from Arizona. It's perfect, just perfect.
Speaker 1: It was by everybody who would know. A ridiculously down year for quarterbacks, and so that's going to happen. And I think part of that was also JT. Daniels going to USC a year early. He would have been in this class, but a down year. I think next year is supposed to be better. Nationally, Florida State with all kinds of mostly not great news that they were unable to close on some big targets. They lose a big defensive ent Texts A and M, and most notably Mac Brown from under their feet.
Speaker 2: The Mac attack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Mac attack in his own backyard. A top flight quarterback, Sam Howell from North Carolina flips today from Florida State to North Carolina, So that's a big loss. I don't believe Willie Tagger has now signed a quarterback in either of his recruiting classes in Tallahassee. You may know better than I about Notre Dame's class, but from the looks of things from very far away, it looks like a very strong offensive line class, which shouldn't surprise given what Notre Dame offensive linemen have done lately. A lot of heavy defense, which makes sense given a lot of upperclassmen on this current defense. And one of the quarter I think it's one quarterback in this class, and he looks I don't think he is a blue chip by any means, so maybe just a depth play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one thing that I should point out. I tweeted to our friend Jeff Schwartz, I seed him on something that our other friend, Pete Sampson, also of the.
Speaker 1: Athletic we have so many friends.
Speaker 2: Put out earlier today. I guess yesterday the highlight reel from Zeke Coral. Okay, Pete is very careful to say that he doesn't want to compare anyone to Quentin Nelson, but here's the highlight tape, and the highlight tape is basically a kid who is a monster on the football field, just blowing up people about my size, about my size. You know how high school football is six right, just blowing people up who are grossly undersized. And if you like pancakes, I can tweet that out and people can check it out for themselves. But it seems like to your point, yes, they did do very well on the lines. They reinforced a lot of the other non skill positions that they need to keep this team performing at a very high level.
Speaker 1: Yes, and stepth play might be a thing at quarterback, because hey, Brandon Wimbush might have some value on the open market if he do you think he transfers joining a long line of notre Dame quarterbacks transferring and not necessarily fine.
Speaker 2: I would if he's not willing to play another position, I would, okay.
Speaker 1: Penn State also very strong offensive line class. You probably also know better than I, being somewhat there and paying attention to the Nitny Lyons closer than I. But they snag what looks to be one of, if not the best inside linebackers in the nation in Brandon Smith, who's from Virginia. I think they also got a top running back who is from Virginia. The name Joey Porter Junior should elicit the correct response, which is one, is that Joey yes son? Uh huh? Also the one bee response is I'm that old? I am that old? Where Joey Porter's son is a college football player.
Speaker 2: Almost came out my nose, but yes, that was my exact reaction.
Speaker 1: Penn State also takes two quarterbacks, one of whom is the son of Oregon's wide receiver coach. Wide receivers coach maybe looked at as more of an athlete. I don't know. I don't know how people are evaluating the Penn State quarterbacks, certainly with Trace McSorley moving on from Penn State, Penn State's in a pretty good place recruiting and talent and depth wise right now. Also of note, tie, we've got some people sort of out performing, some programs outperforming what they've looked like recently. On the field, I saw Tennessee stole of what a five star guy. Tennessee with a really nice class, a top twenty type class, heavy on the lines, a top top offensive tackle from Georgia, Mississippi State Jomo doing really really well, takes a top quarterback out of Charlotte, and you know, recruits the lines in a pretty impressive fashion. Arkansas I think has eight or nine blue chips in their class, including some really talented looking pass catchers. Ole Miss did very well, especially at receiver, Pery Jeff brom has recruited very well, most notably you know, the Rondel Moore poll from last year dividends pretty quickly. But they're strong again at receiver, and they go heavy on defense, including a pair of pretty huge, impressive defensive lineman. Minnesota again, PJ. Fleck does a good job bringing in new Gophers once again along the defensive line. Virginia does a good job, and I've really liked Bronco Mindenhall's classes thus far. Virginia in that sort of mid Atlantic area has a lot of high end talent, and he's done a good job. Indiana also doing a really good job a big running back. Yeah, guy Tom Allen, And maybe this year is the year.
Speaker 2: So do this? Yeah, give me like the thirty to forty five second abridged version of who underperformed so far? At least?
Speaker 1: Yeah, USC maybe with all of their hysteria off field, on field their class is usually top five. They look to be like top twenty Ish Auburn, Ohio State both like top fourteen, fifteen, but we're used to seeing them more like top two to six. Seven. Florida does not appear to have closed in super strong fashion. TCU. I'm used to seeing in a top twenty twenty five way, and they're not there. Miami just I don't know if it's the way they closed the season, but offensively, especially a disappointing class. Oklahoma stateium used to seeing higher, and I get because of the way Chip Kelly approaches recruiting and not always star chasing, but still given his location and the talent, he should and the Bruins should be able to attract in LA not an impressive class, but you know what, maybe these are just all of the right three stars.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go. Okay, So that's a primer for what we're looking at. It sets up obviously a longer recruiting cycle. There's going to be more to come on this. There might be more to come this week on this, but at a minimum, that's what we're looking at right now. You know, the top ten things are shaping up to look very strong again for a lot of the usual suspects.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to see. By the way, in just naming those teams, there's one of those teams that stands out to me, and that's Ohio State because of the coaching transition and Ryan Day has himself a probably stressful nerve racking January ahead. I don't know what the size of their class looks like right now and how many spots are still open, but I'm sure they're going to look to close pretty strong.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny you say that because news broke again not too long after we hit the stop button. Yes, that justin Fields, the former top quarterback, former top player, I guess in the twenty eighteen class is shockingly going to transfer out of Georgia. I remember we both talked about it when he committed behind Jake fromm that this might not be a long term situation. He played in a number of games this year, so the red shirt's gone for him at least at Georgia. But I heard Ohio State is sort of the front runner because of Ryan Day. I'd be very interested to see if that is ultimately where he ends up up there in Columbus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would make a ton of sense, given a potential opening with Dwayne Haskins perhaps looking at the NFL. And even so, a lot of the thinking is, well, Justin Fields would have to sidout a year anyway. But there is another line of thinking that he could apply for the hardship type waiver that got Shaye Patterson eligible immediately at Michigan if he alludes to And this is our friend Andy Staples writing writing this about the incident that took place with the Georgia baseball player yelling out some pretty awful things to Justin Fields and just on the Georgia sideline, to the Georgia sideline in general. So perhaps that situation comes up, but certainly there will be no shortage of God everyone Justin Fields his talent correct, So whether it's Alabama or Oklahoma or Ohio State or whoever, you know what, I'm curious about Florida State. I'm curious about Mississippi State because of Joe Moore. Sure, Penn State was in the running for Fields for a while and there was a relationship there that I think formed through the recruiting process between Fields and Joe moorehead. I don't know if it happened.
Speaker 2: It's obviously tough to beat out a school like in Ohio State or some of these big players, but I wouldn't count Mississippi State out. No.
Speaker 1: And on that same note, I don't know what his relationship now is with James Franklin because he was committed to Penn State. The Nine Lions have no shortage of incredible skill talent right now and look to be yeah, in the next few years. You know this is it's a long term play with the guys that they have there, whether it's you know, Ricky Slat or Justin Shorter kJ Hamler. So a pretty ideal situation for a school without a sure thing quarterback of the future. So Justin Fields will We'll have a lot of interest come his way.
Speaker 2: Also, justin Field's transferring out, but Khalil Tate staying put. There was some scuttle butt that he might decide to go elsewhere, but he will be staying at Arizona Dan and he.
Speaker 1: For sure would have been that name, perhaps even more so given that he has shown an incredible amount on the field already as a transfer if he were to transfer.
Speaker 2: We've got some deck glorations as well. None of these are going to come as a huge surprise. Benny Snell, Devin Bush from Michigan, Mike Weber from Ohio State, Sutton Smith. We have Andre James going pro as well, So a few more names tackle, yeah, to add to that list of guys leaving early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean, I think a lot will happen as we get closer to some of the bigger bowls, as guys weigh their future and perhaps get evaluations back and see what the NFL thinks of them in my first round pick of my top three round whatever, So we will we will stay on top of that. But no, I don't think any of those comes as huge surprises. I did see Rashaun Gary is starting his own sports agency or something. Okay, he had already declared at Michigan, but had always come across as a super bright dude. So interesting to see how something like that works out. I'm sure more will come out about it, but yeah, Michigan closes strong even with some of these big losses. I saw Aubrey Solomon, their five star signee from a couple of years ago, who had gotten who has been pretty beat up. He announced that he's transferring. So Michigan's defense will certainly look more and more different as we move forward.
Speaker 2: That's all I have in the way of news, Dan, Is there anything else that we need to cover before we get into it?
Speaker 1: Ty, why don't you drop that big? Just play the bowll intro music.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Dan, So I know I promised a new sound. I didn't make it.
Speaker 1: Nope, still waiting.
Speaker 2: I have failed the verbowler hood again. But we got games to talk about.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 2: We got games to talk about. So I saw that UAB Swab had a big win, so hopefully, Oh yeah, folks picked you would be in the Blazers to.
Speaker 1: I screwed that up. Yeah yeah you did, and I really shouldn't have. U AB was using my tried and true formula, essentially the no brainer, easier pick.
Speaker 2: So we've got a handfull of games here that we're going to go through tonight. This is Bowl Preview number three. We're gonna start with the Serve Pro first responderble Dan. They play this one at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. I think formally this was the heart of Dallas Bowl if memory serves. This one is on the day after Christmas.
Speaker 1: This is outside. This is the outdoor Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's yes, background, Yes, so I guess Boxing day for some folks who are into such things. Okay, it's on ESPN. Boston College at seven five boys, he stayed at ten and three. The Broncos are three point favorite. Here's what we got in the way of gifts for this game. And get a big game football which whatever, nice little souvenir. Get an RFID blocking ridge wallet. What do you what do you know about this here device? Dan, the RFID blocking ridge wallet.
Speaker 1: I have no I'm looking at I'm googling as we speak. What does it?
Speaker 2: So? Here is the deal. Okay, there are some credit cards that you can get that will I shouldn't be giving all this away. I don't want to give State secrets away. People ready are on to me, Dan.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's that like, so you can just hold up your wallet.
Speaker 2: Well, there are some there are some credit cards that you have that will emit an electronic signal via RFID. And if people have if if if scammers have the necessary equipment and they can get close enough to your wallet or to your card, they can essentially skim some of your personal data. Then they can use it on the dark web. They can buy stuff on Amazon. I am here today to tell you that that's a little scamble. It is a notable Okay, this is not a very prevalent thing that our stars of tomorrow need to worry about.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this is it's Boston College, Boise State in Dallas. And again you mentioned it. There is a gift suite. Yes, and we did get an email from oh somebody, we did. Yeah, I will drop this right here. We got an email from somebody who I won't give out his name, but he used to work for a bowl you would recognize.
Speaker 2: Sources day, We have sources.
Speaker 1: Sources. He has given us the skinny on on gift suites. And here's what he had to say. Each guy is given seven points.
Speaker 2: This is for his the game that he worked for sent through to solid verbal at ProtonMail dot com. High Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Each guy has given seven points and there are dozens of different items ranging in value from one to seven points, and they can split the points up however they'd like. There's all kinds of stuff like electronics, appliances, sunglasses, guitars, recliners. It's pretty cool to see them act like kids in a candy store. To be terribly cliched, a lot of players will use it as an opportunity to get Christmas gifts for their family that we've talked about that is smart, which is really awesome. The big dudes seem to go for the recliners a lot. Can't blame them. No, we did have a team try to tell their guys they couldn't the recliners because the equipment staff didn't want to deal with them. I also understand that equipment staff lost the battle. I know the gift suite doesn't sound as cool as everyone getting a Bluetooth speaker bar, but they can get one if that's what they want. It was always a lot of fun to see the videos of the guys going through it and making their choices.
Speaker 2: So Okay, that's cool, So maybe we need to reevaluate then.
Speaker 1: I would imagine most gifts suite gift sweet gifting is pretty standardized with your your upper and lower tiers.
Speaker 2: There was also a tweet that somebody forwarded to us that I believe showed Texas going through their gift suite.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, so decent game. Boston College, Bois, I love me some Bronco.
Speaker 2: I do too. I like them to the tune of thirty seven points woo. Boise's a little better on defense, but a lot better on offense. In case you're wondering, it is Brett Rippens's final game as quarterback, which is a nice feel good story for the Broncos. Keep in mind, Dan Boise one what seven? I want to say seven in a row before losing to Fresno. Right, And on the flip side, Boston College lost their last three and their offense was really bad down the stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Boston College was a mess in November. Boise State, I still like a good deal. I think Brett Rippen goes out really nicely. I can't imagine wather It's gonna play a huge role, he says, as he doesn't look at the forecast. There's probably ice and sleet everywhere, but I like Boise to the tune of thirty confidence points. We agree.
Speaker 2: Moving on also on Wednesday, Boxing Day, Dan, let's go to the Quiplane Bowl, Ford Field neat Venue in Detroit. It's on ESPN. Got the Minnesota Golden Gophers at six and six versus Georgia Tech at seven and five. Tech is a six point favorite. It's Paul Johnson's final game. Yes it is, he is retiring. He layer on top of that the fact that Danell Green, the big offensive tackle for Minnesota, signed with an agent. He's not going to play in this game. Okay, the layer on top of that the fact that Minnesota has really struggled, and I mean really struggled against the run this season. They give up a lot of big plays on the ground. None of that strikes me as a great formula for success here for the Golden Gophers. So for as much as I like them, for as much as I like their their their their their pluckiness. Oh there it is, I gotta go Georgia Tech to the tune of thirty six confidence points.
Speaker 1: To whoa I think I made? Dissagree? Really, Yes, the Gophers were bad on defense for a majority of the season, but it's been a different look defense since they fired Rob Smith earlier on in November, and Georgia Tech's defense is pretty awful. And far be it for me to beck against Paul Johnson in his final game. But I actually think I am going to go with Minnesota, even though there's not going to be a weather advantage because it's indoors at Ford Field, it's much more local to Minnesota. So I'm on with the Gophers here. I expect a decent enough game from this Minnesota offense. I have them winning thirty three to thirty one, and I'm going Gopher and Tidd. Tell everybody what Paul Johnson is walking away with?
Speaker 2: Paul Johnson walking away from the sport of college football, at least for now, one hundred and seventy five dollars Best Buy gift card a JBL set of E fifty five BT over ear wireless headphones. I'm assuming BT stands for Bluetooth Dan.
Speaker 1: I would assume, So okay, that seems like a good gift.
Speaker 2: A life sized fat head decal for each participant of his likeness. Does this mean that Paul Johnson's going to get a Paul Johnson decal that he could put somewhere in his man cab.
Speaker 1: Oh, we can only hope, and we can only hope it's a scowl.
Speaker 2: What would john wife? What would your wife say? Dan? If you had a home with a big old man cave or really just some big prominent wall. Yeah, and on that wall you put a fat head of your own face.
Speaker 1: I can I can actually speak to this very specifically and realistically because at an old job I had, an old video show I did on the set was essentially a fat head of my face smiling. So the only thing I can say about it is as somebody who enjoys attention, I loved it. I loved it. It was great to have around. And in that office in the kitchen which big company, there were small, little polaroid type pictures of everybody with their name on it. You're like, oh, this is Kristin, Oh this is Brad whatever. And one day I decided to just you know, we're talking about two to three inch polaroid type pictures, and I brought in my three foot giant head and taped it to the wall. Never felt prouder, tie, Okay, never felt prouder. So what I can tell you Minnesota and Georgia tech players getting personalized fatheads is it's gonna be pretty cool. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, life size fathead decal.
Speaker 1: Would you get one of your your head? You could you put it in the studio and have I mean, I was gonna say it's too much in your studio.
Speaker 2: I don't know if fathead listens, but listen if if they want to send us a fat head of you, and I sure, I do have a wall where I could put it as a backdrop. It would actually have.
Speaker 1: A high resolution photograph that you'd be willing to use.
Speaker 2: I could take one.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I like to hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fat out look us up. Also a backpack, shirts, mini helmet, football, the usual kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: But this whole Boxing Day as we go through Boxing Day era of these bowl games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real strong.
Speaker 1: We're getting into a real strong session of gifting right here.
Speaker 2: Of gifting, yes, maybe not so much. Forget the games in the way of games, because we're about to talk about the cheese at bowld In. I'm ready chee it bull Chase Field in Phoenix, also on Boxing Day, Dan mm hmm, ESPN. We've got cal at seven and five, We've got TCU at six and six. It's to pick them. Even Vegas doesn't know who's gonna win this game. Here's what they're getting to participate in this game. We should start with this because the game's probably gonna be trash. Fair to say, well, if everybody who liked and loved and explained how that nine to six Alabama LSU game was real football, you gotta tune into the cheese At Ball Folks. Tune into the cheese At Bowl because it's a later game on Boxing Day, day after Christmas. Tune in because the commercials will probably be funny. I love the cheese At commercials. Dan Okay, a fossil watch with engraved case back Okaya, a JBL Charge three Bluetooth speaker great a Bag O Bag Toss tailgate cornhole set not bad.
Speaker 1: That sounds fine.
Speaker 2: A Yetti Roady twenty cooler, a Yetti Rambler, a dry Duffel bag, a Roomy I Guess, Roomy Reveal court bag branded Bill's Cap, Dollar Shave Club Starter set, and a Dollar Shave is not a sponsor this show, but they are a sponsor of the Cheese It Bowl, so we do need to mention them. No gift suite here, which is notable, but it seems like a relatively good selection here of gifts for the participants.
Speaker 1: You got a Bluetooth speaker, you get cornhole, you get both a cooler and a yetti rambler. This is this is incredible. This is a great suite.
Speaker 2: I like that the cheese At Bowl has laid its cards on the table.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely. And if you're going to the cheese It Bowl, eat at a place that serves really good cheese and that is Pizzeria Bianco, really good, one of my favorite pizza places in America. I also tie have loaded up because I don't have much to say about this defensive battle other than I think cal might win because TCU's quarterback situation is a disaster. Not that Cal's isn't, but I don't know. I have food and wine. That's such how much I'm caring.
Speaker 2: Very dismissive. I love it. I feel the same.
Speaker 1: This is this is the top ten taste tested cheese it flavors from food and wine. And I don't know if you're a cheese it enthusiasts, I love cheese it. Yeah, I don't know if you've tried the various options.
Speaker 2: Got to be white cheddar number one.
Speaker 1: Number ten, zesty cheddar, ranch.
Speaker 2: Ridged No, no, not for me.
Speaker 1: Food and wine says a bit too ranchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah them, Everyone who tries the ranch flavoring is a bit too ranchy. Have you ever noticed that?
Speaker 1: I do notice that hot? Well, I think cooler ranch gets it right.
Speaker 2: Do you ever try the ranch flavored David Sunflower seeds.
Speaker 1: No, you were baseball player, so you had more access.
Speaker 2: That represents rock bottom in the ranch flavoring industry. Just tear.
Speaker 1: Hot and spicy cheese, it's.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Have you had them?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't know they tried that.
Speaker 1: One of their reviewers said, not spicy at all, very tabascoe and vinegary. Doesn't appeal to me. No, I like spicy. I don't like that big cheese.
Speaker 2: It's that's a flavor.
Speaker 1: I mean, just it's an option. It's all the Yes, technically big is a flavor. Oh, number seven is original, which real hard hard to fight with the classic. Yeah, number six made with whole grain. Hmmm, I don't know. I feel like I just if you're gonna get a cheese, it go for the full cheese at experience.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not eating cheese. It's to be healthy, right.
Speaker 1: That's true. I agree with all. Like I don't get wheat tortillas. If you're not gonna get a tortilla, don't get a to don't don't get fake tortillas. Okay, Grooves original cheddar so a more ridged, grooved appearance.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Where do you stand on the great groove versus non groove debate of eighteen?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've ever had the groove cheese.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, they're ahead of the original.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I mean I'm pro, I'm pro grooves. Okay, with that cheddar jack? Hmmm, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So there's apparently something called duos with u ze because of cheese, it cheddar jack and hallapeno.
Speaker 2: No, no, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Number two, this might be your number one. Number two is their grooves sharp white.
Speaker 2: Cheddar Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, buddy.
Speaker 1: And their number one is duos caramel popcorn and come on, have you had those? No? I mean no way. One of the reviews is come on, I wanted to hate this. I did not, which I can appreciate. Are here's here's the ending. Here's the epilogue of our cheese At reviewing. Again, not a sponsor. No, we just like snacks are cheese. It's a dippable cracker or must they be? No, they're dippable. Really, yeah, they're dippable. What will you dip it?
Speaker 2: Cheese? It in? Could dip it? Maybe in like some hummus?
Speaker 1: Okay, a French onion dip? Or is that too much?
Speaker 2: No, you could do that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'd be worried about.
Speaker 2: I think you could do that, all right? Ty?
Speaker 1: The Independence Bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, I didn't pick a winner.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you like? I like Cal? It's a pig. Who do you like?
Speaker 2: Nine points on col?
Speaker 1: I have this relatively low as well.
Speaker 2: Hopefully Cal and TCU folks won't be offended by us doing a full cheese at review. But to be honest, that is more entertaining than the game.
Speaker 1: The least favorite, so this is number sixteen. I only did top ten. The least favorite was Italian four cheese like if you screw up that, I don't want to be you have extra toasty in there, bacon and cheddar, hot and spicy cheddar, cheddar, jack and sharp cheddar pretz.
Speaker 2: See here's here's my problem with this though, Dan, Yeah, my problem is that the the litter name of the product.
Speaker 1: Is cheese it right, not cheese them right.
Speaker 2: It is cheese it right. So you would think that you should have the market cornered on all things cheese flavored cheese. It is the name of the product. Why are they trying ranch? Why are they trying hollopeen, it's.
Speaker 1: A ranch cheddar tye.
Speaker 2: Get out of here. They should banish that ranch flavor. I like ranch dressing, but they should banish trying to put ranch on things where it doesn't belong.
Speaker 1: I like that. You're a snack puris. We've been doing the show for ten years and I never knew that.
Speaker 2: I think I am Okay. Where are we at walk On's Independence Ball. Yes, this is not Boxing Day. This is on Thursday, the twenty seventh. It's at Shreveport Independence Stadium. They get a gift suite, a timely watch. Hello, old friend, Hey, a new era skull cap. Do you own a skull cap?
Speaker 1: I mean, I own Beanies. I don't think i'd sign anything that tight. Now I do have a skull cap. It's a little weird.
Speaker 2: For me into football, it is a game between Temple and Duke. Temple is a four point favorite. Who you got?
Speaker 1: I'm going with Temple here. I can count on more even without Jeff Collins. I really like this Temple team against the pass, which is where Duke really thrives. And there's just a lot more to like about how complete the Owls looked. By the end of the season. They were scoring on everybody, they were stopping teams. I thought Jeff Collins did a tremendous job, and just what was there two years? Yeah, you did a great job with the Owls. So I think that travels to Shreveport. So give me Temple here. I will give you the confidence after I get, after I shuttle past the cheese at tab I am going to go with. Yeah, I have Temple at Did I close the window?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: It is just remarkable.
Speaker 2: I have Temple at nineteen. Well you find pretty good? Why you find, George, I have Temple at nineteen Why, Well, they lost their head coach, so they to your point, okay, they lost their head coach. But did you happen to see the clip of their interim coach?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Indeed he was and fully is his name. He is very excitable. Yeah, he is pumped. I only haven't sat nine points on nine points, Okay. He's very pumped to be in Treeport for this game and very optimistic about his team's chances. Temple's better on offense and defense. They're really good against the pass, which I don't know if we'll see that here, but uh, I just found myself looking at this saying, what is what is Duke good at? What are they other than playing basketball? Really? What is Duke good at?
Speaker 1: This game actually really is a hell of a nineteen ninety three John Cheney coach, keg it is right? Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Nineteen for Temple. Okaye, were the new era Pinstripe Bowl. Oh boy, here we go.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say much here because I'm gonna lean on your expertise. Is that an in stripe Bowl?
Speaker 2: Alum? That's right? That's right. Thursday the twenty seventh, on ESPN, we got Miami at seven and five versus Wisconsin at seven and five. Miami, I think I have it a four point favorite here. There are no favorites in this game, Dan, These are two teams that I think both are ready willing and able to just get the whole season over with this point. They both get a variety of new Era products, which I think is actually better than meets the eye. That's a cool gift.
Speaker 1: And it might be an incomplete listing as well.
Speaker 2: It might be incomplete. I think the limit is like eight hundred dollars, so there probably is something else otherwise. That's a full on hat rack dog.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. I like Miami because I at this point feel like their defense is the best thing that will be on the field. Just Wisconsin and Miami really, both of them are in a state of just wanting to move forward and get to twenty nineteen. I saw Miami lost a quarterback today who they were counting on for depth or to compete perhaps for the job next year with Nikosey Perry, and he is not going to be playing for the Canes anymore. So it's just it's a down matchup. I'm going with Miami because the defense, and if you happen to be coming into town for this game and you're making your way way uptown to the Bronx, may I suggest stopping in East Harlem. That's right, it's like one hundred and sixteenth Street. Taco Mix has maybe my favorite Alpas star in New York. Tacos really really good.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna go Wisconsin. Give me a comment here. I'm Wisconsin. I'll say seventeen.
Speaker 1: I have Miami at nineteen. Okay, we disagree, not too much.
Speaker 2: The Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl at the NRG NRG Stadium in Houston. It's also on Thursday on ESPN. Baylor at six and six, Vandy at six and six. The Commodores are a four point favorite. They get a gift suite, they get a gift card to Academy Sports and Outdoors. They get an Adidas back back in. Of course, you need to get the belt buckle if you're going to Texas Dan ohways. I think if you like Baylor here, it's because this is a scrappy and plucky team and they are getting better. They're basically playing a home game here, which would you like HM On the flip side, if you like Vandy, I think it's because they're better on offense and defense and they don't choose themselves in the foot, which if you go through and look at the numbers for Baylor, they're very mistake prone, turnover margin not great. I like Vandy. I like Vandy a lot here twenty four points. Give me, give me the doors.
Speaker 1: For all the reasons you stated. I like Vandy. He or Baylor a lot of struggling giving up bigger plays on defense. So I'm going with the Doors. And if you happen to be in the Houston area going to this game, it looks like the weather's not going to be great. It's indoors, even though it says it's the outdoors Texas Bawl, the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Ball. Inside the nerd, find yourself some viet Cajun. I think there's a place called Crawfish and Noodles. So they take Vietnamese food and they take that buy you Cajun food. They combine it. There are a couple different places. Warm yourself up with some Viat Cajun.
Speaker 2: That leaves us dan with December the twenty eighth. Now, if you listen to our last show, you'll know that we're both pretty gung ho yeah about this three games slate that we've got On the twenty eighth, We'll start with the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl. They played at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee. It's on play right, Yeah, it's with the Titans. Play. It's between Perdue at six and six in Auburn at seven and five. The Tigers are a four point favorite. They get a gift suite and fossil watch. Now, listen, listen. Here's where I'm going to get a little crazy. I don't think you know my rules. I don't think Auburn gives a damn about this game. I think it's a huge letdown to be playing Perdue.
Speaker 1: But did they think they were going to be going to anything for November? Don't. It's not like Auburn lost. I know, you know, I not the verge of something.
Speaker 2: I know. Maybe I am overthinking this, Okay, I am prone to doing such things, but I just I can't. I can't believe that if you're Auburn, you really give a damn about playing Perdue in Nashville in late December. So I'm not putting much on this, but I'm actually going to go Purdue to the tune of two confidence points here. I think it means more to them. I think retaining Jeff Brohm, at least for another season's a big deal. Purdue was scrappy. You know they're going to play hard in this game even if they do end up losing. So I'm gonna press my luck and say Boiler Makers outright here over Auburn.
Speaker 1: Wow. I think I disagree Purdue away from West Lafayette. I know they showed out really nicely last year, and I believe whatever it was last year, maybe the Foster Farms Bowl out west in the Bay Area against Arizona, scored a bunch of points. I think I like Auburn here. I think with time, with game planning. I know they came out flat last year when they were disappointed to be playing UCF and I believe the Peach Bowl, but I think they show up. I think they're able to move the ball reasonably enough. Jared Stidham is he playing. I'm almost positive he is.
Speaker 2: I know he.
Speaker 1: Declared for the draft. Yeah, I believe so. Jared Stidham has a lot more to prove than a lot of players who have decided to skip bowl games because his stock has fallen off with the season he's had. I think the Purdue defense can be had, so I like Auburn here. I like Auburn to win this by seven to nine points. And my confidence level with Auburn right now is very low.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, that's the thing, right one point. That's the thing. Whether or not you're picking Auburn, it's still, I think a game where you're not going to put a lot of confidence because this has been a tough team to try and project really the full way through. The losses aren't bad losses. It just doesn't feel like they ever quite reach their potential here. Certainly, the running game wasn't there all year. I think at a very basic level, Auburn's defense and particularly their defensive front is a lot better. But man, I don't know. I'm not sure if your motivation is there.
Speaker 1: Here's the great news. Nashville is an excellent place to visit, to hang out, to see the sites, to eat. Go to Husk. They have a great lunch. You can get a probably my favorite burger in America. At home, I.
Speaker 2: Always talk up this Husk burger.
Speaker 1: I love Husk. I've been to the one in Charleston and the one in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I went with our pal Travis Haney a few months ago when I was in Nashville. You can get fried chicken at lunch as well. I did some damage. Go to Princes. If you want the true thing, the hot chicken in Nashville, don't get the extra hot. I would not even know. I would not even get I don't know if I would even do medium. I just it's going to ruin you for a couple of days. Also, this sounds cliched, it sounds obvious, But when I was there and I hadn't really spent time there, I went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and museum, Yeah, and it ruled time. Really, it was so fun. It was so cool. I'm not a fan of country music at all. But they had all of like the bedazzled cacti onesies that you know these Hopolong guys wore in the forties. They had Elvis's cars that a lot of Dolly Parton stuff. It was spectacular, neat. It's enormous in downtown. You can't miss it. I strongly recommend it if you're going to the Music City Bowl or you're just in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Also on Friday, it's the Camping World Bowl Danic Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida. It's on ESPN, It's West Virginia. It's Syracuse. West Virginia currently a one and a half point favorite. Here's what you need to know. Will Greer not playing. Also, their big left tackle Yodney could just not playing either for the Mountaineers. So two key pieces are are gonna be out against a team in Syracuse that I gotta believe is going to be fired up as hell. Sure is a big deal. They won nine games this year. It's grungy Eric Dungee's final game. I'm gonna go cues here. I've been teasing this since I think before we even started doing our Bowl previews. But I think they've got an axe to grind, They've got something to prove here, and this is a pretty big stage for them. This is a nice game to go from Syracuse to Orlando in December.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take that.
Speaker 2: Gimme cues, give me them with a reasonable level of confidence, like eighteen points.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna list all of the good things that happen in Orlando right now. You see a football, all right? That is the entirety. I haven't been to Disney World. I've been to Disneyland, and I do like Disneyland, but yeah, Orlando's not great.
Speaker 2: I will it's better than Syracuse in late December. Okay, all right, you're a big weather guy.
Speaker 1: I know that's fair. I like Syracuse a lot here as well, and it's because I like their defense a lot. I love that this is the final game for grungieric Dungee and a lot of that talent on both sides of the ball really has has impressed over the course of this season. A chance to get to ten games West Virginia with their with their backup quarterback, another Miami transfer in Jack Allison. Curious to see what he looks like a lot of skill position talent around him. But I'm going with QS here. I think they go to that level of stage, especially tye four hundred dollars best by gift card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, buddy, you can do some damage with that.
Speaker 1: I haven't been to a best Buy in three and a half years, seven years. I don't know the last time, but you probably spend it on best buy dot com. You're your old friend. An Ogo backpack yep, and a fossil Watch bad seems pretty decent to me. I'd be happy to go to the camping world.
Speaker 2: Bowl all right, and finally the Valero Alamo Bull at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio, also on Friday on ESPN. You're going to have to help me out with this one, Dan, I'm ready. I kind of backed myself into a corner where I figured out all the other games, and the only slot I have left is fourteen confidence points, which isn't an egregious amount to put on a game that you're not sure of. We've got Iowa State at eight and four, We've got Washington State at ten and two. Washington State is a three and a half point favorite. I am supremely on the fence here. I feel like Wazoo is the better team, They've been the better team all year, but Iowa State. Iowa State has the appropriate level of pluck to really keep my interest here. So of all the games that I think we're going to see on Friday the twenty eighth, this is one is the later game. This is the one that I am genuinely the most curious to see how it shakes out. Where where do you come down on this game? As a resident sort of packed twelve enthusiast.
Speaker 1: Washington State has been incredible to watch all year long love the Gardner Minshew story. In potentially most other years, I think he would be closer to Heisman consideration, at least until the Apple Cup. I think I like Iowa State here because of their defense. I think they are uniquely built in the way that they've handled big twelve teams to look at this Wazoo offense, which has been incredible all year long, and get some stops, not a lot of stops, in fact, maybe basically no stops. But I think they are constructed in such a way with Rock Purty showing out, with having you know, one of the best receiver duos, especially you know you have a keen Butler on your team, you are a threat at most moments to do damage. So I like Iowa State here. I like the way that they came out last year. I believe they took down Memphis in their bowl game last year. So I think they're constructed in such a way that they'll have enough success against Wazoo. I have them winning a shootout. I don't know if you have the sound available to you on the soundboard, but something in the range of forty seven to forty two. I have Iowa State, and my confidence level is ju ju ju ju twenty not bad, pretty.
Speaker 2: Solid fourteen points. I'm going to agree agree with you on a situation. Four hundred and twenty five dollars Amazon card.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you something, TI. If you are struggling to figure out what to get somebody for a big event that gifts are expected a wedding, some something, graduation, nobody doesn't like receiving an Amazon gift card.
Speaker 2: Here is the one gripe that I've heard about the Amazon card.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, it's a completely evil company.
Speaker 2: I've heard that. I forget that it's too impersonal of a gift for big opadians. I feel quite too people don't care. I feel to the contrary, that is usable US American currency that you can put into pretty much anything you want.
Speaker 1: It's an oh yeah gift where a lot of people are ordering stuff from Amazon, like, oh yeah, I've got one hundred bucks. Great cool.
Speaker 2: They also get a fossil watch, a mini team helmet, and a team panoramic photo, which is kind of cool to commemorate your almodome experience. I'm gonna go Iowa State. One thing that jumped out at me. I know, Iowa State isn't the most efficient team on the ground, but I think if they're going to do any damage against Washington State, they can do it on the ground. Certainly, they've got David Montgomery brock Party is quite mobile as a quarterback and has come into his own in the second half the season. So I'm gonna agree with you for all the reasons you stated. Plus I think they've got a better ground game here. Certainly they put more effort on the ground than Washington State does, So Iowa State fourteen points.
Speaker 1: I don't hate wazus backs, but yeah, we agree.
Speaker 2: So that's all we got here again to run through. Did a bunch of games here this evening, the Serve Pro First Responder Ball, Quick Lane Bowl, Cheese It Bowl, walk On's Independence Bowl, New Era Pinch Stripe Bowl, the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Camping World Bowl, and to close it out, the Valero Almo Bowl. Din Which means that on the next show we're going to be breaking down the playoff.
Speaker 1: So what are all of the matchups were doing for a Sunday's Show.
Speaker 2: On Sunday's Show, let me pull it up again here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got it. Notre Dame Clemson, the Cotton Bowl, Oklahoma, Alabama and your Orange Bowl. We've got the Chick fil A Peach Bowl Florida, Michigan, Belk Bowl, South Carolina Virginia. I believe that's an adam a mean game. Arkansas State, Nevada in the Arizona Bowl. We've got the Military Bowl Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, which I guess could be kind of interesting, Stanford pitt and the Sun Bowl, Michigan State, Oregon in the Red Box Bowl, and I think I'm going to get dinner in a halftime. Something else struck me, though Ty, because we talk about bowl gifts, and we talk about these matchups. What game is Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: In Notre Dame is in the Cotton Bowl Classic?
Speaker 1: And what is the most I'm hitting my standing desk famous Brian Kelly Bowl gift? Dy, we could get Brian Kelly in boots again. Oh no, we could get Sun Bull Brian Kelly. Isn't that where he wore them?
Speaker 2: Oh? God, not the boots.
Speaker 1: We could get some O'Brian Kelly. He already did like he did a rap pose like a month and a half ago, right, Kelly is not above posing well showing out.
Speaker 2: I don't know that for sure, because the Cotton Bowl Classic would not disclose. It was the only bowl int typical Notre Dame fashion. They're in the one bowl game that would not disclose what the gifts are.
Speaker 1: This is almost a corollary of Jimbo Fisher doing Texas things from our fantasy Things draft, yes, where he was introduced and he had boots, and he had a cowboy hat and he was on a horse. If we get Brian Kelly in boots, I'm going to freak the f out tie. I cannot wait to see what happens. Because they always do these introductory press conferences, you know, a few days ahead of time they're doing Texas stuff. I don't know what it's going to evolve, but I am just pointing out we could have Brian Kelly in boots twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: So we had a lot of folks who wrote into me. M more than one when I say a lot, yeah, A handful of folks right into me to ask if we would kindly put the names of the bulls that we are reviewing into description we can do.
Speaker 1: So that we say nay, we can do that, Oh, okay, we can do that.
Speaker 2: Can't guarantee we can do the timestamp thing for every show, but certainly we could put the names of the bulls that we're previewing, or at least the range of bowl games that we're previewing in our description. Apologies if you're waiting for that and it hasn't happened yet, we'll do that. Also, as we've been mentioning here countless times, I feel we will be doing two shows a week through the end of the college football season. So Wednesday Sunday next week may be a bit of a different schedule, and the week after maybe a bit of a different schedule given the fact that we've got holidays to contend with. But nonetheless you can find two shows a week. If you're going to be traveling, we'll be there, the bus, training car plan, wherever you're going to be, there will be shows for you to listen to. So keep it tuned right here. Solid Verbal at gmail dot com, as always is our email. If you got something to say, please let us know. We've had myriad folks right in talking about the playoffs and what their ideals set up would be a lot of really cool emails coming in, so please do keep that up. We love to hear from people.
Speaker 1: And Bill Hancock sent us a note. I incredible and it is nonsensical. Have you done your holiday Christmas shopping? Are you all set with that? No?
Speaker 2: No, we're close to it. Actually, are you an in person shopper? I'm usually an online shopper, but I'm given the fact that it's sort of been a weird years has been previously discussed. Sure, I think it's going to be more of an in person situation this year.
Speaker 1: An in person situation. Yeah, because so you're going to go and really put a lot of thought and visual effort into it.
Speaker 2: That's right. The two day free shipping might be right up against limit. Yeah, given the fact that it's, uh, you know, look pretty late in the game here, So it.
Speaker 1: Does, it does? Solid Wife, Solid Wife, Kate. Listen to the show? No, God, No, is she in your house right now? She's not? So what are we thinking?
Speaker 2: I can't give it out away? Every We can't give that away. No.
Speaker 1: Are you a jewelry guy this year?
Speaker 2: We could be, It could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is she a jewelry person?
Speaker 2: Only if it's the right kind of jewelry.
Speaker 1: Okay, good answer. Are you a jewel Have you been gifted jewelry?
Speaker 2: Ever? I think some and gave me a necklace once. Whoa, yeah, it was very it was It might have been my grandmother when I was in my second grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's understandable. Yeah, okay, any other So who else is receiving gifts? So you've got to you got a big family.
Speaker 2: We do a big family. No, I mean all sides of the family.
Speaker 1: Mom H lessens. Don't say anything wrong here.
Speaker 2: I won't say anything wrong. But I have procured mom H's gifts. She's like, yeah, we've got.
Speaker 1: How proud are you of this year's gift as compared to previous year's gift? Out of a out of a proud Yeah, you're like, oh, she's gonna love this.
Speaker 2: I'm proud that I was early in purchasing it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Usually my my hair is on fire trying to get all the gifts in working order before you know, the big day. So the fact that I was this early with this gift is really a watershed moment for me personally. But beyond that, you know, we've we've got we've got a big, big family to contend with.
Speaker 1: Here walk because I if you don't remember your solid verbal lore right right, I believe you propose to now solid wife Kate on Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve. So this is this is a big, big holiday.
Speaker 2: It is a big holiday. No, we'll do the seven fishes.
Speaker 1: And mom, I've done that before, as somebody who doesn't even celebrate Christmas, I have had I've partaken in that.
Speaker 2: You know, there seven fishes on Christmas Eve, which is always a bit of an event. So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Are you guys doing that? The little the honey drizzled sprinkle, little little circle.
Speaker 2: Things, honey, I have no idea what that? Oh my gosh, ty Chris, I'm looking it up right now.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. Oh, they were pretty good. They're very sweet, honey drizzled what so they're like little balls and they're covered there. It's like a honey drizzled balls. And they have those they're not sprinkles, but they're those little dots, those colorful dots. Come on, Tye drawing a blank. What are they called? I'm looking right now, Christmas dessert honey drizzled. Who that's not helping much. And there appears to be a woman who goes by. Oh there they are Strafoli, an Italian Christmas cap classic st r U F f O l I.
Speaker 2: No, you know, I've had those before, but I don't think they're going to be part of part of the festivity.
Speaker 1: They're almost like tiny little donut holes. They're like smaller donut hole. Yeah, they're like little pieces of dough. Yeah, they're pretty good. Okay, so you're doing the Seven fishes? Are you opening presents under a tree Christmas morning? Christmas Eve?
Speaker 2: Not sure? Actually, it's usually usually Christmas Eve is the big one on mom H's side.
Speaker 1: You know what I've discovered, Tie, because I'm I'm super into everything about Christmas other than Christmas, right, I'm into it. There's a Spotify Christmas Cocktail Jazz playlist. Okay, Tie, it is killer. Yeah, listen to that. Put on a I'd like, light up a candle, do some crosser puzzles, throw on the Christmas Cocktail jazz. Tie, it's a great old man moment.
Speaker 2: Sot's listen, Dan, We've got another show to do before Christmas.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, we say some of my Christmas.
Speaker 2: Need to save some of this hashtag content for that show, because Christmas Outsider. That's right, hashtag Christmas Outsider coming your way. Yeah, next show on the Sunday Show. Okay, okay, all right, so just have so many questions, keep that we can. We can do all of these questions.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'd rather talk about these than.
Speaker 1: The mccale offense.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, thank you for bearing with us here on the program. We'll be back on Sunday. Talk more college football preview, the playoffs, talk a little Christmas talk, some holiday spirit, what have you. Solid Verbal at gmail dot com, Hit us up, let us know what's on your mind in the meantime, for that guy over there in beautiful New York City, for myself, Ty hilding Brand over here at Eastern PA. Thanks again for tuning in. Stay solid, Peace,