Speaker 1: To on the move Going Deep speedwas Peas Doll from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield. He's y my hands in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: What is up, dollphans and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, the Great Kay Adams stop by this week and gave us some gold. We'll chat with her about her chats with TUA coach Tyreek and so much more. Plus we have a football game tomorrow night. We'll tell you about some key matchups and players to watch. From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is.
Speaker 2: The Draft Time Podcast.
Speaker 3: Maggie Daffy Sirs.
Speaker 1: What's up, guys, Welcome back into the Draft Time Podcast. My guest today is none other than the Great k Adams up in Adams eleven o'clock every single day on FanDuel TVK thank you so much for stopping by and talking with us.
Speaker 4: Thank you for giving my show a plug right off the top. I guest loves that you got.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 1: That's what I have you here for, right So, speaking of the plug, you were here for some pretty big interviews today. What do you make of the experience down here in South Florida today?
Speaker 4: Usually I know what I'm walking into, and this one threw me for a bunch of surprises. I will say that getting to meet Mike McDaniel before practice, so there was a little bit of a wusaw to him, was really introspective and thoughtful. I think my takeaway was I get it. I get why he is who he is. I think he is one of one. I think all coaches are genuine, but there's this pioneer breaking the door down of authenticity in a different way. I think he is who he is twenty four to seven, and I love that letting the players vibe everyone.
Speaker 3: These are things that everybody knows.
Speaker 4: But I do think my takeaway from him was how deliberate he is.
Speaker 3: And I think he probably doesn't get credit for that.
Speaker 4: And the way I could explain it is just how thoughtful he is in his meeting with TUA, how he handled that very strategic. A lot of coaches do a lot of different things to get the best out of their players.
Speaker 3: Coach does that too, he just has his own way.
Speaker 1: Deliberate intention is a phrase that he uses quite often there we have around right here. And it's funny you mentioned that because I know, staying in the practice field, like he makes his rounds different position groups and talks different guys and every single one of them is always smiling after he gets on talking to him, like he has that energy in that aura.
Speaker 4: He left me and I was like, I just love it. I just love him. I want to play for him?
Speaker 3: How can I?
Speaker 4: And then you think, oh, he told me exactly what I needed to hear today and he suss that out of me. And so to have somebody be as he would put it, he said, socially aware in our interview, but to just be hyper vigilant is what I think. I think he can read people really well and that's gonna obviously has gone a long way. And I think it's cool that he's showing that there's this style that is effective. He's you know, it's a fine line between am I a player friendly coach? Am I soft? Am I too friendly? Am I too funny? Am I going to be taken seriously? And he's showing and will show next general coaches that are needed to sort of disrupt and you know, Flip the table on its head that this way can be successful. I see has two back to back Playoff appearances and hopefully a super Bowl win this year.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we're all hoping for that.
Speaker 4: It feels like everybody thinks, Travis, it's just everyone here is just like in the super Bowl in my opinion already, Like everyone has the best energy and it's so hot.
Speaker 3: I give them a lot of credit.
Speaker 1: Well, that's one of the questions I wanted to ask you here, was about the energy and sell for it. Because you've been on this tour now for a little bit. How many city has you been to now?
Speaker 3: Carry the one?
Speaker 4: I don't know when we get out my Tia and nine calculator, my advocates Matthew Hamilton's is fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 1: So how's it been going. You're wearing down here towards the end. You getting late that late tour, Sergy.
Speaker 4: We had a bye week. We had a bye day, and I hated it. I was like a sie I didn't want to sleep. I think adrenaline's a big thing, especially you guys are doing it too every day of training camp.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't like the day off. I feel like I'm missing something. I feel like I get out of our rhythm, and that I think we are a little bit out of our rhythm after that day off. So we're just going to do our best and it's on to wherever we are next, which I have no idea, no, but I would say, if you're asking about the energy of this camp, Tua blew me away.
Speaker 3: I don't know how else to say it.
Speaker 4: I expect the Tyreek hill that I got today, which is just why even think of questions.
Speaker 3: For him, It's just going to go how it goes. But I love that about him.
Speaker 4: But with Tua man, he is really not holding punches. He's having a good time. He sat down and he started the interview. He said, Hi, welcome to the show. I'm Tua interviewing Tua, and I literally, I literally said, who am I sitting next to right here? But I think being settled, getting paid, all of that, getting taken care of is a huge part of that, and clearly just the freedom that Mike McDaniel a lows as well. But he's super vocal, super holding guys to be accountable. So that's the energy. I think it's sort of being set by by Mike. Of course, and being carried out by Tua.
Speaker 1: Had you got a chance to be in before today, so you knew him from previous.
Speaker 4: I've interviewed, Yeah, I've interviewed to a bunch and I it's hard because I don't want to say he didn't have it in him. I just think he wasn't comfortable doing it on camera. I think when you have worries about how things might be perceived or how it's going to affect you or your team, but that the contract stuff has done that they've surrounded him and supported him. That I found, Like on this tour, I'm hearing a lot of players say I belong and it feels good to belong. That it means something when it's backed up, right. So I think because that's taken off of the table, he can sort of thrive and use his voice more, which I think everybody will like.
Speaker 1: In addition to you know, all the great personalities we have here in the building, the building itself is kind of a bit of a showstopper, right. I mean, you've been to fourteenth and he's now, like you mentioned, how about the impressions of our beautiful facilities here.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've been here since live and even then I wasn't at the facilities. I mean it's cold in here, which I love. It is insane what you guys deal with on an every day basis. I was asking Khalis Campbell, you're seventeen, like, why are you out here doing this and this heat? And he said that, you know, obviously it's the culture, the chance to win. He wants a Super Bowl ring, but it's also all of the the great things and how the Dolphin take care of their players. So even you know, from top to bottom, having stay of our facilities like this, and I hear there's an even colder room than this all, so that's where I'll be for the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the room in the back is about fifty degrees most days. But you were trying to battle some of the heat earlier. I saw you down there. Did you manage okay?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, I want an ice bath, I want, I can't. I brought don't. I can't eat anything.
Speaker 3: I'm so hot. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: And then you look at these players and you're like Jalen Phillips, who's back and looking freaking off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: And then you see you see just these dudes running out there and you're like, zip it, don't complain. I mean, Klais Campbell left my chair soaked. We had a wood chair. It's gonna rot now. It was insane. And then Braxton came and he goes, thanks, Klays, I'll just sit down in this puddle.
Speaker 3: Cool. But that just shows like the love of the game. That's what it is.
Speaker 4: And you know it's no secret that every NFL player wants to play for the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: It's just what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pretty nice place to be, pretty fun team to be a part of, like you mentioned there, and we like pray for cloud coverage for just like five degrees cooler and it feels like a god sound would get it, but it's so few and far between. But today you've got none of that help. You've got no wind, you've got no cloud covered, you got nothing.
Speaker 4: I didn't, But I was also a big baby instead of braving the elements, let's be honest, I was like inside and I was looking at Twitter to see what was going on in.
Speaker 3: Practice, So there was that this is a full Tel store. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Pull the curtain back a little bit.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to ask you about your career a little bit because we talk about, you know, players that sit in the seat we talk you're talking about players. I want to talk about you because you know, we're all huge fans of your career path of Good Morning Football up in Adams, and I'm so curious to hear about that transition going from a four person show that was I mean, rock stars, all of you guys, you've all, you know, achieved such great things.
Speaker 2: Nate on the Good and the Good Morning Show.
Speaker 4: He was just a star you could see see hosting Hollywood Squares.
Speaker 3: No one's surprised by that. He's the absolute best.
Speaker 1: Going from that to your own venture and so successful in that, I'm just curious how that transition went.
Speaker 2: Were you worried about it at first?
Speaker 1: Like, what was the process of going from such an established, you know, four person show with great co host like that to a new show that's taking off so quickly.
Speaker 4: I think I would ask you the question, how did that show get established.
Speaker 2: From the hard work of individuals.
Speaker 4: Like yourself or just the group or the team you put together, so there was never a fear of building a show because I helped build a show and that's what Good Morning Football gave me that opportunity, And in that, I guess the fear would be that you're handed a beautiful slot with that's on in every NFL locker room, which I'm never not going to be grateful for, like unbelievable access and unbelievable support and a sort of a platform. So building your own platform is, you know, is a bit of a huh. But I would have to say I wish I had a better answer for you, Travis, because I think, you know, people who are interested in doing it will have these questions. I don't think about the future very much. I don't. I never wanted to have my own show, that's the truth. They wanted to name it the k Adams Show. I was very against that.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 4: I wanted the show to be about other people, and I think I knew that I wanted to show to have that same sort of curiosity that's always driven me and have also good information. And I think I've achieved that. But that's like a day to day war of letting those two lead me. But I mean, I don't think about it. I think it's I mean, I'm grateful, and I will say there's tough things about it, but it's all about who you're around, and it's all about who believes in you. And I got to say, and the reason it was easy to transition was because FanDuel just were open. They said, we know that you can do you know you can do it whatever you want. We'd like to support that. And to have that sort of freedom, to have your CMO, your CEO behind you is rare. It does not happen, and I would be I mean, there's no success on any level without them at Vanduel, which I really appreciate. But I would also say I don't know that I've achieved success. It's so funny that you say that. When you say that, something in me goes like so, I think that's probably a big driver of me as well. I'm never quite and a never it's a bad thing. I never quite stop and say like this is awesome, very rarely, Hamilton, How often do I do that?
Speaker 3: A little bit more now? Yeah? But I want you know, I want it all. So there's that.
Speaker 1: Well, to go back to coach McDaniel, you think getting better, you're getting worse. You never can place it in the same place.
Speaker 4: My phrase is you're either what Hamilton saying, you're either growing or you're dying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is the.
Speaker 4: More morbid version of the well adjusted Coach McDaniel at the.
Speaker 2: Startup version of that.
Speaker 1: I've heard that like, yeah on valley circles that I that I often traverse it, not you know, in the Silicon Valley.
Speaker 2: But no, that's a joke. I don't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm lost myself.
Speaker 1: Let's so your whole the whole purpose of your show is to get these great personalities to show themselves. And you talked about coach McDaniel earlier. You got some other guys on the show today as well. Right, I'm curious to hear about You mentioned klay As Campbell. Yeah, Bracks and Barrios you talked about too. But just what'd you get from from those guys today?
Speaker 4: I got, you know, to me, it's just asking Kalais Campbell. I think that the most insane thing that you can achieve in this league, outside of Super Bowls and numbers, is just consistency and his games played, his production, actual true production. He was still tops last year six and a half sacks a bunch of TFLs, like he's still giving it at thirty eight, like what drives him was a big question and wanted to ask his future his Hall of Fame thoughts.
Speaker 3: That was really cool.
Speaker 4: You guys can check that out on the show Tyreek Hill. You know, you sit down with him and it's a rollercoaster it is. You know, we're a couple hours, I'm sure from Orlando, like it is. He could be a ride in the Magic Kingdom. I don't know that's it. And then it's always is he like the villain ride and that part of the park or is he the hero? And there's this beautiful sort of line that's drawn that he doesn't give an f what he says. And I told him after the interview, I said, what must it be like to be so undeniably talented that you can say whatever you want? And he made a joke about how he can't try that at home. You know, he can't say whatever he wants, But it is true. He's beyond reproach you. He's an undeniable force. So super fascinated I think coming in here about how do you manage this many personalities? How do you do it? I would be drained by it every day. You know, I don't know the coach McDaniel's an extrovert or an introvert, but I just talking to these guys, I'm like, oh my gosh, I need to like take a nap. The energy is at a ten out of ten all the time. But that it works, How does it work? Teams that have so many stars don't It could blow up. It's not going to blow up here, and it's not just because of McDaniel. It's because of this tua that's more vocal too.
Speaker 1: Would love to hear that quarterback and head coach got those positions figured out as at and career.
Speaker 4: Of course, Uka doesn't get a lot of love for putting this all together and you know, making making the right moves, which is great.
Speaker 2: Number two on the top one hundred list.
Speaker 1: In terms of players on that list, we had eight nine ers had nine players, so the Dolphins were second that in that category.
Speaker 2: So a great roster for sure.
Speaker 1: Up and Adams hosted by the Emmy Award winning Katam Shanks. You talk about accomplishment, I mean I mean award winning. That's that's pretty that's prett accomplished.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I didn't go and I don't have vmy but but that's super cool for the for the team of Good Morning Football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best athletes and experts from the league serving up credible information, entertainment movements to all sports fans un into upp in Adams weekdays, eleven o'clock Eastern AM on fan Dual TV, FanDuel TV Plus.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 4: Can ask your question, what is the thing that you need me to be talking about this year on this team?
Speaker 3: Like, what is the Is it obviously defense?
Speaker 2: No, I mean the coach and the quarterbacker.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a.
Speaker 1: Great place to start. And I mean, like I said, that's that's where most organizations, you know.
Speaker 4: Is there a name though that needs to be spoken in the national media war?
Speaker 2: A name?
Speaker 3: Alec ingoldme back.
Speaker 1: He's he sounds like a player you would talk about, like yeah, like he reminds me like a GMFB guy that you guys would praise.
Speaker 3: Up and the offensive weapon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect, Yeah, he's he catches passes, he digs out linebackers in the blocking game. He can blamp on the edge and play some tight end. So he does everything. He's he's a Swiss Army knife, he's a team captay, he's an incredible human being.
Speaker 2: He's he's a guy you need to see.
Speaker 3: Wait, I love this and move over, Kyle Yuschek, move over, CJ.
Speaker 2: Ham.
Speaker 3: We've got our new guy in town.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that, no problem, Thank you for your times.
Speaker 1: And she goes really fun meeting her and chatting with her and meeting her entire team. Kind of cool to see their entire operation go town to town throughout the course of training camp.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of them.
Speaker 1: They're really good about social teasers and getting clips clipped off, and their run of you know, social media presence and the way they post the show is just really cool and admirable and kind of cool for me to see it behind the scenes, peak at how something like that works and operates. And she's obviously the pro and the catalyst that makes it all go and gosh, I mean the interview, you can just hear it and see it like working with a pro. People always ask me like, don't you get nervous for you know, Nick Saban or Tyreek Hill. No, the ones I get the most nervous for are the pros in this industry because I want to look good for them because they know what good broadcasting is. So fun interview there, let's go ahead and take our first break. Come back on the other side. We're going to break down the offense and defensive matchups to look for, and a couple of soundbites here from Coach McDaniel. All of that next Drivetime podcast to your host, Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Nation. Before we get into anything, a SoundBite here from coach McDaniel on Thursday, will we see starters in the game tomorrow night?
Speaker 3: Coach?
Speaker 5: The idea from a starting point is that, you know, I want some starters to play in the game now to say exactly which individuals those are specifically with with the collection of uh uh, you know, injuries they have to manage and you know, not really knowing what takes place today, will make some final assessments on who those players are going to be as a staff tomorrow. But the approaching it, and as I've explained to the players, the approach will be that the the guys that are are known starters, you know, with exceptions, but the starting point is that they will get some action this game and then we'll just take a case by case from there.
Speaker 1: All right, So some matchups for the Dolphins players to watch tomorrow night on offense. First of all, I want to look at the quarterback position and who gets first crack at it, because last year we saw them go with Mike White in the first half of Game one, Skyler Thompson in the second half of that game, and then in Week two at Houston, after Tua was done, it was Skyler up next and Mike in last. But coach McDaniel was asked about the slight change we've seen this year at camp where it's been less of a rotation and more of a consistent schedule of quarterbacks with certain teams or strings of the offense, and he told us on Thursday the thinking behind that change in routine.
Speaker 5: So that's a great question because without me answering it, you'd have no clue why. So I'm here to provide the why for Barry and very only nobody else. So the you know, every year presents new challenges. We we have, uh, you know, guys that we've that have developed in our offense and have done so in it from day one in a competitive environment, and you know, we were very routine with the pattern with which we were giving the opportunities to quarterbacks up until this training camp really really with between Mike and Schuyler, we were very routine this day two's, next day threes. So in the vein of competition, you know, we we putting our heads together. From a staff perspective, we felt like that that that routine in itself might not be doing justice to the players and that that the competitiveness would be best served if we changed up the routine for the change sake, because with with that, you know, there's so there's so many competing variables to deal with as a as a quarterback, particularly a backup quarterback that is in charge of leading a team to victory if you know to it goes down all those things, all those challenges we get to evaluate with not only the player playing in the huddle, but then how does how does someone respond when you get less reps which is kind of the nature of backup quarterback. So all evaluation tools with the intent of not making it as consistent, but you know, over the whole scope of camp to be able to make sure that those are even but just patternize it a little differently to make sure that that competation stays fresh and the you know, we we allow the players to tell us who who two and who three are, just like at every other position, you know, because I see better than I hear.
Speaker 1: So when Tua comes out of the game, if he plays, you know who gets next crack? How do they perform? And if we know anything about coach, we know this competition is far from over and those reps are going to matter. But most of all, I just love the thinking because it tracks with how this camp really seems to be about getting as many regular season type of reps or as much of a simulation of a game week game itself as you possibly can. And this completely tracks with that line of thinking. And I keep saying this, but just to do it again. To me, is the advantage of another, you know, year of continuity and the bank of reps you have gathered together over the course of multiple years, because it allows you to tinker and fine tune and hone in on specifics.
Speaker 2: And I think that's important. And I wrote this in my notes. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Ahead and tease it and want to look at it down the line because I'm curious and I think my hypothesis will prove correct. But I want to go back and look at what year each head coach was in when their team won the Super Bowl, went to the Super Bowl, and made the final four the conference championship games. I think it's going to be mostly coaches that have been with that team for a couple of years. I didn't have time to get to on this podcast, but an idea to look at down the road. Hold me to that, please, And then also additionally in the quarterback stuff, if you don't win the backup job, is there a spot for you at all? Like this could be big money competition for these guys here in the futures of both Mike White and Skylar Thompson on the offensive line. Looking at the Commander's defensive line, we saw Jonathan Allen and Deron Payinn have a lot of success in the practice on Thursday, but we also saw them have no success in the game last year, just two pressures and three stops combined among them. And this is not a game that you're going to devise a clever plan for, so you could probably get a quality test of just peer one on ones, which again is not reflective of a regular season game. I keep trying to pervade that, and at least as far as the beat is concerned, I don't see that sticking to listen to the podcast obviously, but I digress. I just see their points reverberated throughout Twitter and social media, so I don't know what's effective and what's not with that, But I am in those one on one situations without like you know, saying the season's over if they lose one or two of them, to see how Rob Jones and Liam Eichenberg hold up in those positions provided we get that matchup. I really wish their first round pictures on Newton or was he a second round book early second round? I think I wish he was in this game to get some tests against the likes of Sean Harlowe and Andrew Meyer, who you guys know, I've taken quite a liking to here in recent weeks. I'm really excited to see how they build and grow on their last game performance and some good camp days here recently. But Jack Driscoll might be the guy I'm most excited to watch, just because I really think there's something there and I think that he's been really good in camp this week and I think you can start to build momentum towards his role as a guy that could make an impact this year as possibly the starting right guard on your offensive line. If if I had to splice it today, given the kind of dubious nature around Isaiah Wins injury and return to the field, I think today my starting offensive line would be Tron Armstead, Rob Jones, Aaron Brewer, Jack Driscoll, and Austin Jackson. And with a very strong eye towards looking on the market on the veteran trade market for somebody I ea James Daniels, but back to Jack Driscoll. I just think that his play style that I've seen jives with what we want to be as our team and on the offensive line, specifically off the edge. Dorance Armstrong kJ Henry fa Obata. Armstrong caused plenty of problems in practice on Thursday, and I imagine he'll get some run against Patrick Paul, which would be the best pass rusher he's seen outside of a practice environment so far. I mean it's the Falcons and Dorance Armstrong, but just generally excited to see him go against anybody, and that definitely includes Obada, who's one of the longest players in the National Football League, perhaps one of the few guys that can come close to matching Paul's length. So a good on good traits battle there with Paul and Obada should they match up, And if Austin Jackson plays. I thought he struggled a bit and practice on Thursday, and just knowing his metal and mental toughness, I'd like to see how he bounces back from that. He had what I thought was his worst game at the Jets last year and then came back against the Commanders and blanked their pass rushers. Fittingly enough, they're playing the Commanders again this week, so curious see how he plays. If he plays, their linebackers are fast. I doubt we see Bobby Wagner. He's kind of in that Toron Armstead category of accomplished player who doesn't have to play in the preseason. But jam and Davis, Frankie Luvu and mikeel Walker can all run and Louvu man, he's working towards that go Kougs. But as a potential signal caller, I'm sure that dan Quinn in his first year wants to get some run out of Luvu in the middle of the defense. He's fast, rangy as hell, and a great test for our backs tight ends all across the board. I wished Tanner Connor was healthy for this game to go up against these guys, but I digress. I really want to see how Julian Hill goes in this game, mostly because we haven't seen him in a game since his promising rookie year that he's built upon in year two here, I'm just pumped to have him get a chance to put those improvements on tape. Jalen Wright, I mean, come on, this guy going against those fast players is going to be fun as hell, especially Walker, who I think kind of times up with. When we might see Jalen in the game, or maybe he gets in the early two, that would be a great test for him as well. They're cornerbacks. Emmanuel Forbes, you gotta beat that guy. He's struggling all camp long and all last season. Kyu Blue, Kelly, Mike Sandra Still, Benjamin Saint Juics, Michael Davis, Turque Castro Fields. I love this group because that's such a mixed match of skills and play styles. Like Davis and Saint Jus want to disrupt you. Davis was on the Chargers a couple of years ago in that twenty twenty two game and then got himself cooked last year. Mike Sandra still is a lot like Trent McDuffie to me as a rookie, I think that we're looking at possibly the best slot in the league one day. Just love, love, love his game and competitive fire, and that makes for a fun matchup on a guy that I think is kind of like his equivalent on the other side in Moleiku Washington. So that's kind of my premiure matchup of the game, two rookies Mike Sandrastill and Malik Washington from Virginia obviously in Michigan for Sandrastill, then Ericazukama against anybody. Just want to see him play football. I want to see River creakcraft and you just do what he does and get open and then can Brayln Sanders get some production against a pretty good proven cornerback room there. They'll test his ability to get out of those releases and breaks, and he's been making some tough catches all week, and I want to see him convert those into games because he's had drops and fumble issues when he's played games. Although sparingly for the Miami Dolphins. And then I put Jeremy Chin on here just because he's a matchup eraser. He's one of the most athletically gifted players ever. So wherever number eleven lines up, if you beat him, you probably did something pretty impressive athletically break number two right there. Draft Time Podcast come back on the other side and talk about the Dolphins defense. Your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation some matchups and Dolphins players to watch on defense Tomorrow night at Hard Rocks a game seven o'clock kickoff here from the Rock quarterbacks, I mean Jaden Daniels, Sam Hartman, and Marcus Mariota. And I guess you can put Jeff Driscoll in there as well. I remember having, you know, watching Jeff Driscoll play. Was he like in the Was he in the MAC?
Speaker 2: I think he.
Speaker 1: I don't know where he played, but I remember, like, you know, putting some some coin on games back in the day when he was you know, fifteen years ago, whenever the.
Speaker 2: Hell that was.
Speaker 1: But plenty of athletic ability. I really want to see how we maintain rush land integrity against running quarterbacks, particularly Marcus Mariota.
Speaker 2: Late in games.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine that Daniels has any sort of directive to run in this game, but if he does, his running ability with his ability to stretch the field vertically was we'll really test, you know, our rules, our communication, our discipline. I think this defense is coming along really well. So how does a guy that Quintin Bell deal with all of that? All the eye candy you can get, including their backs and their explosiveness? You know, can Chop Robinson be a running quarterback eraser? And his first action as a pro do we see the first of Mo Kamara and how how does his explosiveness kind of reset their line of scrimmage?
Speaker 2: Tons of look at here?
Speaker 1: And to continue on this thought of the offensive line off the edge, you know, Cornelius Lucas, Trent Scott, Andrew Wiley. I'm curious how much these guys play because they're they've played so much football, but you can't just not play everybody. So I'm curious see what that looks like. Tons of veteran experience and if the rookies can draw these guys, how do they craft their rush plans throughout the night against guys who have seen everything and know how to adjust to different rush plans, so kind of compartmentalizing each rush move and what comes off of those.
Speaker 2: That'll be a tape sor anything. But I'm curious to see how that goes.
Speaker 1: And these are not the most fleet of foot tackles in the NFL, so I'm also curious to see if our speed off the edge can keep them out of rhythm. It'd be a great sign if we can do that inside. Tyler Biottish, Nick Alighretti, Sam Cosmey, Chris Paul Beatis is one of the quickest centers in the National Football League. He's very fundament sound as well, So I'm looking for someone like Neville Gallimore to draw him and get him, you know, off balance and kind of win crossing face on some stunts and twists and get some wins like he had last week. And that's true for Cosmey and Paul as well. And then if Klays Campbell plays, can he just overwhelm smaller players with the size. I doubt he plays, but I'm curious to see if he can do that. I know he can do it, but I want to see it in action. And then Jonathan Harris will play and he fits that Bill lots of guys. I want to see their trajectory continue in the right direction. Here at running back Austin Eckler and Brian Robinson. I mean, talk about one of the game's best thunder and lightning mixes there. Eckler is one of the game's best pass catching backs, although he has slowed down significantly in the speed department over the last couple of years. Channing Tendall, like, how does he cover a guy like Eckler who's just a smart, savvy route runner, or Duke Riley who had troubles on the wheel route last year? Can he pick up those in this game? Or a guy like Zeke Vandenberg? Or do we see Jordan Brooks because that's a fun matchup on anybody. And Brian Robinson is the thunder here. So how do Long and Brooks, who you know, bring this certain temperament and mentality to the defense. How can they match the combination of speed and physicality? I think quite well. I want to see it at receiver Scary Terry Johan Dotson, Diami Brown, ban Byron Pringle, Luke McCaffrey, Like we know about Terry, does Fuller get him again? He picked him off or made the play to pick him off in the practice on Thursday. Do we see camp Smith get some run against these receivers. I want to see some game action. I want to see him make a play. I want to see him get beat and how he responds. I want to see him deal with physicality. I just want to see camp Smith play football. I want to see Cater coohu on Johan Dotson, a shifty slot receiver that I think Cater can physically match up against. And then of course the three rookie udfas with Brown, Pringle and McCaffrey. You have three entirely different players there for Matree, for Duck, for Isaiah Johnson to get looks against.
Speaker 2: To me, that's valuable.
Speaker 1: And then at tight end, I doubt zach Ertz plays, but Bensonnatt a big, athletic tight end that can run the seam and just move really well. Go ahead and jot him down in that running back linebacker category for tough matchups for our guy and coverage. And that goes for Patrick mc morris, who I cannot wait to watch in a second game, or Elijah Campbell who's at a nice camp so far, or Marcus May who had the pick on Thursday, So there you go. Quick edition of the pod here. The cams interviews up on YouTube as well. Go check out that. Listen to this give us double the listens and views. That really helps us out here. We'll have the game tomorrow night, postgame show with Seth and Juice, and then podcasts early morning hours on Sunday. In the meantime, you all please be sure to subscribe to the podcast, leave us a rating, leave us a review. Wherever you get your podcasts from, follow me on Twitter, on Instagram, on TikTok, on whatever the hell else. The other Instagram or social media platforms are at Wingfield, NFL. The team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with my guys, Seth and Juice, the YouTube channel for drive time content, plenty of mediavailabilities, and so much more, and last but not least, to Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Finn's up, Caroline and Cameron, Daddy, He's coming home.