Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Coveno and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Coveno.
Speaker 2: On Rich at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR. All right, Halloween Eve, it's your boy Halloween Steve, Steve Covino and Rich Covino and Rich the seconds later of Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: In fact, we were zecond Slater for Halloween.
Speaker 2: It our it was our best show costumes, right, So if you want to see us, see what I'm talking about YouTube dot com, slash at Covino and Rich FSSR Covino and RICHFSR and to hear us besides our great affiliates, shout out to all the affiliates rocking out with us. You got us on the iHeartRadio app anytime twenty four to seven, So preset Fox Sports Radio on the iHeartRadio app, number one on your presets, number one in your heart. Covino and Rich. Sam's here, Dan byer dB and thank you for rocking out with us. Let's go. We're gonna go. Old school right now week nine Thursday, bro with our Halloween candy deep thoughts, and we are gonna definitely dive deep like we're uh Jaq Coustell give me another diver. Greg Lugatis, Yeah, man, but you know what, I just had an ep fanny epfany the way people are divided. Yeah on candy corn. By the way, that just means I had a deep thought in the bathroom while you were being in a Piefanyah. I know it happens. Candy corn is very divisive. So no family agrees. We know nobody agrees. People hate it, people love it. You got your show divided.
Speaker 1: I love it. I'm so surprised. Dan Bayer loves it because he likes nothing. Yeah, well he likes kid food, Yeah, chicken nuggets and stuff. Yeah, Iowa Sam hates it, hate it, hate it.
Speaker 2: But the fact you hate it it just I'm happy because it proves my point that a group of friends, a family, you're coworkers, you're never gonna have a unanimous we all love or all hate candy corn. Well, on National Candy Corn Day, Who's the candy corn of sports? It's gotta be Lebron James, right, because for everybody it loves them, someone hates him, Like there's gonna be a house divide. Rogers the candy corn of sports, the candy corner of the NFL. Also, you could argue, is everything revolving around Taylor and Travis like a lot of people beautiful I think, say Aaron Rodgers, That's what I thought. Also Aaron Rodgers might be there's people that love him, but more more, more hating than love. I think device the board, deviceive guy. The most divisive guy, I'd have to say is lebron But anyway, because this National Candy Corn Day got us thinking back in the day, throwing it back on a Thursday, getting you involved eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, what was the candy that your parents always stole from you? Because remember we go up in the eighties, a lot of us even earlier than that. For some of you, parents always checked the candy. I still do that, do you guys still do that a little bit? And I'm really just checking for again what I want, but just to make sure it's safe.
Speaker 3: You just really take them to get X Rayder. Was that a big That's a big But.
Speaker 2: The reality is I think tricker treating yes, but trunk or treat at the school, they you have to bring prepackaged candy. They divvy eat up for the cars like you don't need to be checking out In the day they used to check for razor blade.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of people looking from my grandma's generation the great They would make their own candy, their own confections to give up give out because it was cheaper to do, I think during during some hard times. So and there were some bad actors, you know, play.
Speaker 2: These are days of rotten apples decades circus, peanuts and candies wrapped in that house gets egged. So what were the candies that your parents were stealing from you? And then Rich put up a second question. It was a lady at my block grown up and gave out a little piece of fudge that you have some I got some fun for you, Sam, you just unlocked a memory because you know it. There was definitely an old lady in the block that had like individually wrapped little playing butterscott. That's so funny, dude. True, You're absolutely right about that. People took pride in that. And what was the first time we're getting this voice. By the way, I like that, Sam, Yeah, you're the new old guy in town or old lady whatever that whichever. Yeah, what is the old candy that you actually like? I think the idea you said there's a number one. I think the idea of going through your kid's candy and saying, like I'm checking for it, I just take it, and I call it the dad text. And I also feel like, there's no way your kid can eat all that candy. My wife will be like, stop picking at the kid's candy. I'm like, you think it's okay for a kid to have a barrel? Cats and Sour Pats started that witch switch sort of thing where you would take the candy and getting a toy or something instead, or that's what they need, more toys.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I know where you're surprised or I don't know.
Speaker 3: Was it Jimmy Kimmel who did the bit where the parents told the kids they ate their candy while they were sleeping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the last funny thing he did. Dude, I forgot about that. Yeah, that is it? So rich? You got us on the edge of our seat. What's the old guy candy that you can't live with them? I feel like I'm the lone guy because my wife's like, take them, no one else wants them. I'm like you, for real, I got two, but one is a far number one for me. My runner up. Iowall house TUTSI rolls like nobody's business, and it seems like no one else loves the little mini tutty rouse, the fruit flavored, the.
Speaker 3: Cherry yeah are good. A lot of times there's stale though. Those are the cheaper bad Like I bought a bag of candy, and those are the cheaper ones, like that variety of TUTSI roll dots.
Speaker 2: Yeah stuff, he's TUTSI yeah, Well it's funny you should say that, Sam, because the number one answer you just named my favorite cheap guy old guy candy. I feel like no one but me he loves dots. I love dots. They get stuck your teeth. Give me a hug. I was saying, I love dots, and my wife's like, you like dots? Who likes dots? They just they're gooey sticking your teeth and no one likes I go then give me all the dots. The dots all right? So is there an old guy candy you vounch for I'm just gonna shout out Smarties because they're from my hometown of Union, New Jersey, and not Canadian Smarties. Canadian Smarties, I think are made by like they're like chocolate. Let me actual smart as candy. Let me make it very complete. And they were pills, right yeah, let me make it drugs. Let me make it very clear. You want all these old guy candies. They that's what they sell at the Dollar Tree. Like if you go to the candy aisle at the dollar Store Dollar Tree, it's all the old Like if you ever wondered where they sell the individually wrapped strawberry candies that look like little strawberries. If you ever wondered where they sell individually wrapped life savers that they give away at the strip club bathroom. All this, all the mints, they are the mints that look like life savers, right, all at the Dollar Tree.
Speaker 3: We went in the Dollar Tree last week, everything and there was two dollars and fifty cents.
Speaker 2: Wait, where do grandma's get those strawberry cans? That's not the same thing. Yeah, all right, So we go to the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven ninety nine, on Fox to break it down as far as what was your dad's stealing back in the day and what do you actually like.
Speaker 1: About did you tell us code which which candies your dad stole?
Speaker 2: You know, I totally remember your parents stealing your candy as they checked through it, and I'm thinking, like back and I'm thinking it's like butterfinger.
Speaker 3: And there's another one that my dad would always that's a good one. My stepdad would steal that and put them in the freezer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because and I didn't mind. I don't because I didn't want them. But now now as an adult, I like them. But my dad would always take those and it was something else sunny edge of my I tipped my tongue. I just remember my dad would grab milk duds and like sugar baby, sugar daddies, any type of like Caramelli, chocolate fun.
Speaker 1: Right, right, So we're going through the phones reminiscent a little bit. We do this every Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's Halloween Eve, Mischief Night, whatever, eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Who do we got Let's go to And by the way, you know how Dan Patrick makes people give their height and wait and all that. Yeah, before you give your answer. You have to let us know if you're yeah your nay on candy corn, just to sort of just to prove the point that the world's divided, to set the table. Candy corn guy, Candy in Mississippi. What's up, Andy?
Speaker 4: Hey guys, I got a couple of things real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: First of all, when you're talking about egging and rolling people's yards, we forked, plastic forked a yard. That's a lot harder to clean up.
Speaker 2: Just forks all inside the grass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Box the forks, plastic forks and you stick them in the yard.
Speaker 1: No, you know what we would do too.
Speaker 2: We would take garden gnomes from all over the town and leave them on someone else's house.
Speaker 4: And then as far as the candy corn, my dad used to mix Spanish peanuts with the candy corn. Get a sweet and salty.
Speaker 2: So I ask you, so, I ask you Andy, before you hang up here? Are you a candy corn guy? I am?
Speaker 4: But I got one more thing for you. Hear me, candy corn. They're gonna get too pregnant.
Speaker 1: This is Tracy Morgan. What is going on? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why did you just turn into mister Hyde? There just like I think. I think when they got coughed, a different something entered his body. He was like possessed by the devil or something, or he's hanging with Tracy likes either. Hold on God Baker in Illinois? What's that Baker? Baker?
Speaker 5: First off, I have never stolen candy from my children that they know about, and the candy corn is gross by itself. But like first the last gay kind of stole my thunder candy corn with cammon and peanuts mixed.
Speaker 2: Then twist peanuts and candy gard I will try that. You know em and m. Peanuts are the number two selling candy in the United States, the number one selling candy. We mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but Reese's Peanut butter cups are still the number one selling Halloween candy every year. I want to hear an embarrassing stat doesn't have to do a candy, but for anyone that talks about how people are tough and rough on money and the times are tough, Americans spend seven hundred million dollars a year on dog customs. I'm not surprised, dude, Yeah, I'm not surprised. Who else do we got trip what's up?
Speaker 1: Trip trip, Mgney, what up trip?
Speaker 2: Hey, gentlemen.
Speaker 6: A quick egging story. I was with my buddy one night and he's like.
Speaker 2: You drive, I never get to throw the eggs.
Speaker 5: He rocks and fires an egg.
Speaker 6: He didn't roll the window down, so the first his own car.
Speaker 2: I remember going to get eggs as a kid, and it was like the only time I did because I was trying to be a good kid. They're like one of theborhood little uh lamp wicks. She's like, can't Richie go get eggs? Come on, what are you scinny? I'm surprised that the convenience stores were so willing to give up eggs to like young kids. Interestingly enough, the guy the seven eleven is like, I'm not selling you two dozen eggs kids. I go, why, He goes, what do you need these eggs?
Speaker 4: Hard?
Speaker 2: I said? I was quick on my feet. I go, my mom's making omelets, and he let me buy them because quick making cookies from making night Oh you know.
Speaker 1: I thought of a mom candy. My mom would dip into my mix.
Speaker 2: My mom would dip in and steal like sweet tarts, even though I love them too, But she'd always steal the Sweethearts and Mary Jane's Oh I love Mary Jeans. Can I tell you? I will say an old person can't. I'm not saying they're not good, but you're not getting the variety you got when we were kids. Let me explain when we were kids. I don't know about you. I work the freaking neighborhood I was helping about. I'm going back with pillowcase. Like you, you'd break out a big bag or can you know's ad a pillowcase. You'd go into other neighborhoods. You'd work your ass off. You'd be like, wait, that big house in the rich neighborhood gives out full sized Hershey bars, kings, I go for kings. You would work your ass off to get a barrel of loot and candy and you'd sort it out, and you're right, your parents are check it. But you at a variety candy you never heard of, even mixed in. Like Sam said, like old old Lady Old Lady McGee gave.
Speaker 1: You fudge, you'd get a what you might call it bar.
Speaker 2: I feel like everyone gives out the same variety pack of kit Cat Hershey, Snicker, Milky Way Dusty, like coffins full of hard candy.
Speaker 1: Remember those, I will say dusty things.
Speaker 2: It's sort of boring and I'm not trying to sound like the old guy, but my kid's candy basket was like the same five candy. Just a lot of it happen Alexander, the Great Snickers, Milky Way kit Cat, Yeah, Twigs, sour Patch, sweetish fish, you variety like six things that are just you know, you might get a someone may give you like an airhead, or it's laffy taffy that you know, it's the same variety packs that everyone's buying at the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: You mentioned our other theory while we talked about candy real quick. It's National Candy corn Day, by the way, so we're going over the candies your parents stole from you and your favorite old guy candy and everything else.
Speaker 2: Could I guess that I was. Sam's going to disagree with you? Oh yeah, I always. Sam is the contrarian of Halloween candy. Our theory pens and it's a proven theory because we've worked in many of different offices. When Cindy from accounting puts her little bowl of candy out, or even your little candy display at home. It's always the yellow wrapped candies that are left over. It's always yellow starburst, yellow laffy taffy. It's always a yellow wrapper that's left over. It's the lemon or banana that's left over. If we didn't experiment here at FSR, if we put if you brought in your leftover halloweens, favorite's what's a close second? Grape? No orange, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably like orange starburst. I feel like they'll be like a grape blowpop. Don't like the grape pop. I like grape blaffy tat like people would take that. People want the regular blow pop with the green apple, but the great apple.
Speaker 8: I love grape anything. So when he brought up Alexander the Grape, that was my go to with that movie theater I was a.
Speaker 2: Good fan of. They were called cherry clans back in the day, cherry heads now lemonheads. Alexander the Great Johnny Apple treats. I used to love all those. I think they're called terra pan or fererra pan or something. I used to love those hard candies. Hey, dB, how about those great Mike and Ikes?
Speaker 8: Oh yes, the best and you don't see him everywhere, kind of like the hundred grand that we've talked about before.
Speaker 2: Your dad would still great treat plenties. Yeah, I like the black My mom stole it off the Black liquors, and you you would be like, yeah, take these, I don't want them anywhere, can I tell you? I mean maybe my kids school just went the easy way out and got so much of the same candy. But you guys just mentioned candies that did not make my kids trunk or treat basket. Mike and Ike couldn't plenty the blow pops. I'm telling you, so many people just go to the local supermarket or Target, and like Sam said, there's the cheap variety pack and the expensive variety pack, so your kids are dealing with a mix of the same eight. I thought of another one that we got that you won't get today. Remember we were little. They would sell like little milk cartons full of gum and orange flavor gum, great gum. It look like a tiny little milk cart and it was like little pe peck.
Speaker 7: We have.
Speaker 2: We had more variety for sure. And by the way, retraction the Lemonhead Candy company, that's Ferrara Candy Shop. Ferrara candy, and they had a whole line of great hard candies when we were kids. They still exist, but you're right, you don't see them. You see those same variety, boring target variety packs that you get.
Speaker 1: Everyone has the same one. Switch it up. That's a great reminder.
Speaker 2: Switch it up because your kids in your neighborhood will appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Throw some zots in there. You know what you do in August or September. You go down the candy aisle of like a CBS or Walgreens, and you pick out different bags like the same stuff, and mix it all together. You'll have a niceariety for the children's zots. Bro, we don't want those neco wafers. We want some zots. But what were the uh, what were the things that you would bite off the paper?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like candy dots? Is that what they're called?
Speaker 2: And sometimes even in your east in your Halloween basket, you like sugar button, Yeah, sugar button. Remember also little a little waxy the wax bottles of like liquid in them. Yeah, these are things that no one's handing out.
Speaker 1: How about the fun dip? Dude?
Speaker 2: What fun dip? I think I grew up on? Fun fund was snorting fun dip. You know what, here's the reminder, the reminder on Fox Sports Radio. Get something different, honestly, because you will see when your kids are trigger treating trucks or treading, they don't have as much fun stuff to steal.
Speaker 1: Like I want to steal some pixie sticks.
Speaker 2: But you know you're you're gonna see just one hundred tiny little Snickers bars or milk not even milk dots, crackles appearance and mister goodbar comes back.
Speaker 1: Crackle stinks, I know.
Speaker 2: But you know what, mister goar and the yellow wrapper, right, that's that's the cheaper variety peck that'll be. It'll be left over all right. So we'll wrap it up with your phone calls having fun talking Halloween candy. And another reminder, this is a lot of people say is Thanksgiving. This is the beginning of the slippery slope, guys, the slippery slope of the holiday. Wait, because it starts with this Halloween candy. It's National Candy Corn Day. We're going to the calls. Who we got Mark, Mark and Carson City, what's up?
Speaker 6: Hey, I got one for you. Yeah, I had a neighbor that police gave out zots Oh my god, I just said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love those are the ones that fizz in your mouth.
Speaker 2: I never had one, so five years ago mark five years ago, because I had never tried one. Cavino actually got old school candy szots and I tried it on the air.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah, this is how coold. I like fizzy in your I was like, ALC, I love.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I did. I would take like ten of them and and before my kids would see me and chew on them and tell him I got bit by the dog.
Speaker 2: You know, those might be my favorite, like older candies because they're old, they go way back, and yeah, I love those. They're hard to fight. You can find them at like candy shops. Yeah, we we lack some good foaming at the mouth pranks these days. And uh, pop Rocks, What was the last time you saw pop Rocks? When you when you're high school?
Speaker 1: Girlfriend?
Speaker 2: At uh jeff and Detroit? What's up Jeffy with some guys?
Speaker 5: What's funny is I My dad used to steal my one hundred grand bars from me.
Speaker 1: Oh and that's a crime, it's and.
Speaker 6: Now I do now that's what I steal.
Speaker 1: I don't even like you nailed it.
Speaker 2: You nailed it. And that's probably why I fight for them and like them so much now, because my dad would always steal those. Those are my absolute If anyone gives a Diddley squat, those are my favorites.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you. Those are the ones. If those are ones I'm stealing, it's like a deficiency because you were deprived.
Speaker 2: I was derived, So now I steal them from my kid. That's that's my answer.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I've always had the deep thought though, guys, what we all do buy these candies and chocolate and sour patch and all that for our kids around holidays and Halloween, Easter baskets, Christmas, all this stuff. I do wonder, like, who's buying a candy bar on a regular basis other than like a road trip where you might stop in a wah wah or a seven eleven or a Bucky's or something better?
Speaker 1: Question who's buying like a Clark.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying, Like when you see like a segment when you go to the counter and you're like, man, there's a baby ruth. Is someone randomly on a weekly basis grabbing a baby roof?
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 1: Or hooked somehow.
Speaker 3: Malar has talked about this on one of his podcasts where there was some study and most of the purchases are right there at the cash register.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I don't know what world you live in, Rich Davis, but it is a common practice in my household. Yeah, you know, they're right, They're right in front of you. They grab them, they have the sales sign.
Speaker 2: I guess that's when I buy. I guess that's when I buy like gum or I'm a sour patch guy. Maybe I'm just more of a sour Yeah. A lot of the grocery stores sour shoes guy.
Speaker 3: A lot of the grocery stores, right under the candy bar, it'll say buy one, get one free, and that you have the buyolog.
Speaker 2: At Ralph's, which is the big supermarket chain out here, what is what's a parent company for RALF Kroger? So, yeah, the Kroger's out here owned by Chad Kroger. Little note Nickel his rock fortune went to supermarkets. They'll have like the candy and it'll say five for five dollars, so you think you have to buy five, so you do, and then in the small print its like or a dollar. Rich you just buy five of them. You have another childhood memory. I bet you forgot about. Do you remember some neighbors assigned from the old ladies that would give you their homemade fudge, which I think is hilarious because it's true. Some families would give you like McDonald's coupons and they're McDonald's coupon. Oh how like cookies or.
Speaker 1: Like a Sunday Like, oh, yeah, you're right man.
Speaker 2: I think the greatest point we made out of this conversation is that kids don't have the same variety that we had growing up.
Speaker 1: True, we had all sorts of variety.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh that is the biggest bummer, because you're right. I'm thinking how much some there that stupid variety pack has ruined Halloween.
Speaker 3: I totally forgot about that. I remember when you're getting a Dairy Queen gift certificate.
Speaker 2: Yeah ponds, man, they'd be like, yeah, someone would buy a pack at them and they get a kid. You know it was I remember McDonald's one specifically back on the Iowa Sam tip of like old lady, they gave you fudge, you.
Speaker 9: Watch them fudge. I got homemade butter scotch. Oh yeah, you don't have to x ray you can trust me. Thanks, old Lady, my budger to come back next year. If I'm an we love your shree hundred thank you.
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 2: I might be dreaming this, but I swear there was a woman in my neighborhood, Old lady. They gave out like candy apples, dude, of course, the biggest candy apple with like wrapping around. People gave out fruit and and pennies wrapped in cellophane.
Speaker 1: And again I totally.
Speaker 2: Remember you could go buy penny candies.
Speaker 1: So Moon Piche, we'll wrap it up. We'll wrap it up up with your phone calls.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, I'm playing yourizing a little bit of the Simpsons and Family guy the oh no, I love it, yeah.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, So uh what DANNYG you're producing. We'll take the rest of the phone calls there.
Speaker 1: We'll go Crossfire now, I love Crossfire.
Speaker 2: And then the NFL YO Week nine is going to be so telling. I have five games circle that I think are going to determine the future of the National Football League. We'll do that all next right here. Cn R on FSR, hang Tight, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio Steve Cavino, Rich Davis live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. For over forty years, Tyrack has been helping customers find the right tires for how what you can see ship fast and free back by Free World has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tirack dot Com the way tire buying should be. There you go, Iowa Sam on the Ones and two's playing Corn on National Candy Corn Day. Gotta find out Manci Milanas in there with Dan Byer, our two favorite update people together. My goodness, Moncy team Candy Corn or do you hate it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I'll have some to like be in theme and in spirit, but I really care for it.
Speaker 2: So she's enough. She's on the fence, man, She's on the fence. That's why I gotta throw some peanuts in there. Maybe she'll change your mind, all right, turn it into a paid day's.
Speaker 8: Do you guys know how much it hurts my feelings that you put her on. Like in the last second of the show when I leave, it's like you are so excited. Rich almost hit the ceiling waving to Mancy just as she was back. It's all Rich, Yeah, the same thing let's get Moncey's thoughts.
Speaker 1: Let's get Dan out of there. You know that's how you know what, screw it back to being a Cavino guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: You deserve the day off tomorrow, that's right, you know what. In fact, I'll take that.
Speaker 2: Thank you Danny g thank you Dan Byer, and we'll wrap it up with your phone calls again, National Candy Corn Day. Know that I'll play more Corn tonight on SXM channel forty one Turbo and Corn is playing a Sick New World April twenty fifth in Vegas with System of a Down.
Speaker 1: So I'm a big Corn fan. I'm also a big candy corn fan.
Speaker 2: But we wrap up crossfire candy your parents stole from you, which maybe now you steal from your kids.
Speaker 1: Will wrap it up with your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Let's go to Andrew and sendigo, Hi Andrew.
Speaker 4: What's that guys? I'm with my son right now.
Speaker 7: He said, Yes on the candy Corn, I say, in no way, say.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 7: He's his favorite, he said, with sweet as fish. You that I'm stealing out of his bag are gonna be am enjoyed and.
Speaker 2: Figures there you go, Hey, listen, I said to I was Sam during the break, it really is boring, like if you haven't seen like a kid's trunk or treat or some type of tricker treating scene the walk because you don't have little ones. It really is all the boring candies. And the biggest takeaway from this whole conversation was we used to be surprised if you worked the neighborhood you would get a variety of candy things you hadn't seen in years. There was a surprise when you said trigger treat. Now it's like every single parent gets the same and every single person gets that same variety pack. At the supermarket you have the same five candy. It's it's not a lot of dumb dumbs back in the day, right, And I wouldn't mind once in a while. No, but you get the barbershop, the cream soda flavored bob Stoppers, Jolly Ranchers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all real.
Speaker 2: It's just changed.
Speaker 1: It's definitely changed. So the collar brought up Swedish fish. The little mini packs of those are.
Speaker 2: But you know what then, but the Haribo coke bottles, yeahummy cokes there, but they're Harribo for you, Harbo no, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: Harba.
Speaker 2: Alright, Jonathan and Colorado, it's up Jonathan, guy doing. What are your thoughts on the Halloween candy stuff?
Speaker 4: One thing without fail every year and I'll always get it would be a popcorn ball.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there was an old person that would give their homemade popcorn balls in there, pepcorn balls. That's another one. Some as a kid you would gladly give away to your parents, like the big orange circus peanut or like anything with coconut, like, yeah, you could have my York peppermint patty or Mounts when you were a kid. When you were a kid, right, But now as an adult.
Speaker 3: Do you like junior mints? If you don't like? If you I love as a kid, Now I do. Yeah, Now your pepper and Patty is like too much.
Speaker 2: You know, someone dropped a junior mint inside spot when he had his open heart surgery. I think his name was Cosmo Kramer. Yeah, that's a good one. Chris and Virginia, what's up? What's some Boddy?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 10: I got two for you. One is like the parents woul always still and I was okay with his bidow honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparent one they'd steal that for sure, but you you.
Speaker 2: Know what what you look out for, and it's so rare nowadays. Again, the ones you don't always see, like roll lows, You're like, give me those roll los. What else you got, Chris Hey?
Speaker 10: The other one is it was so taboo back in the day to get the candy cigarette that you blow the smoke out of.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: The gum powder, the dust, love it, hey, Fsr's very own Arnie Spaniard texted into the show. Arnie old Man, candy Chuckles is his number one dude, and o Henry bar number two.
Speaker 2: Can I tell let me tell Arnie the black chuckle, which was the licorice flavored one was always the last one because it was the cherry, the orange, the green. I love Chuckles. Left that one for dad and Arnie's right, Chuckles. When was the last time he saw chuckles? Because everyone gives that same stupid variety packs. So the last message, I'll say, and before we move on to the NFL, buy something different for the trick or treaders. Don't get the Reese's kit kat uh snicker variety pack. Everyone gives that out. Go honestly, go buy jolly ranchers. Go buy laffy taffy, Go buy some freaking chuckles, buy something different, some razzles, some razzle dazzles.
Speaker 1: See you go all right? So we promise.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if you want to chime in at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio, we call that old school in fifty hits, we throw it back in reminisce. I hope you guys have a happy and safe Halloween and a safe mischief night tonight Halloween Eve. So Rich, you said you're gonna bust out your crystal ball. Well, I love me some schedule watching, but I also love looking at my crystal ball. And there's some games this week that I think are gonna be so telling as far as where these teams are gonna head. As I look in my crystal ball, there's a I'm gonna start with one game that I think is so obviously you gonna point to teams in different directions depending on what happens. The Broncos are at the Texans, Broncos Texans. This is a game where like, I'm mildly shocked that Houston's favorite. I know the game's in Houston, Sir Tans out Mims is banged up. They got some injuries for Denver. But to me, it's like, a it makes sense.
Speaker 1: So they stepped up last week against your team, and you got an injured Broncos.
Speaker 2: Their defense is elite. You could argue that they're a top tier defense in Houston, but I Home. I guess Home plays a layer in this too. But the fact that their favorites at three and four, but they're a good three and four. They're three and four that could very well be five and two had two very close games gone different, Like right now when you look at the Texans schedule, they're three and four, But let's take it back. They lost to the Rams fourteen to nine in a close game. They lost twenty nineteen to the Bucks. They lost seventeen ten to the Jags. Like a lot of their losses are club by a touchdown or less. So maybe, yeah, I'm just sleeping on Houston for a little bit. So maybe they are three and fourteen. That turns it around. You're like, yeah, you know what they weren't They were pretty good all along? And did I hear Dan Byer say that Nico Collins is sort of back in the mix.
Speaker 8: Yeah, cleared concussion protocol and should be should be?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's an interesting game because if the Broncos do lose at Houston, I think you're gonna be like, wow, Houston could make a mid to late season run because that division is pretty stacked with Jacksonville playing well and Indianapolis playing out of their mind. You know, Houston was sort of like sort of the forgotten team. Well, since you have your crystal ball out, do you think with this game we figure out who's for real out of both of those teams, Because that's what we're getting at, right I think for real Week nine, I think if the Texans lose big at home versus the Broncos, I think we could say that just based on the bad luck of a couple of those close losses, it's an uphill battle to make the postseason because the teams in the division have played better than we thought and the fact that you have a one loss Coults team like it's it'll be an uphill battle.
Speaker 1: So this is a big one for Houston. Now another game of the Colts.
Speaker 2: They're going to Seattle, I'm sorry, They're going to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers, and Steelers are four and three, and we mapped out the whole schedule how the Ravens are two and five, but they have a really soft month coming up. This is one of those games where if the Steelers lose and you see the Ravens win tonight, oh there's gonna be such a such a like a nervous stomach going on Pittsburgh that they could see in the rear view of the team that's getting healthier and a team that's trying to get it together with Baltimore. I think the Colts going to Pittsburgh and win and you're gonna see a four and four Steelers team. Do you start putting respect on the Colt's name after a while or what he's still downplay? We have played Denver and we've downplayed Indianapolis, So maybe that narrative switches after this week. Well we're gonna go over a bunch of a bunch of these games. But let's go to dB for an update. Dann Byer, Hey, dB, what's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 8: So brock perty limited in practice is the word for the forty nine ers. Remember they got the Giant coming up on Sunday. Artificial turf one of the services that former players are not fans of, so that's been brought up on social media as well, But it does look like mac Jones will get another start in Week nine four San Francisco.
Speaker 2: When a guy is having a season long lingering turf toe, do you want to play on the stadium that's known for the worst turf?
Speaker 1: No, it's come on No. It's like symbolic of you know you don't. Yeah. By the way, what's happening with Ricky Piersoll? Like he's still a week to week and it.
Speaker 2: Just seems like every week is not there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, not there. So that's someone.
Speaker 2: Someone did make a bit harsh judgment, like, man, this guy's never healthy. He was shot last year. I don't think that counts on his injury. Give them a.
Speaker 1: Pass on that one.
Speaker 8: Other injury news in the NFL, Bears running back DeAndre Swift in practice today. They've got the Bengals coming up, where Joe Flacca was limited today. The quarterbacks got that shoulder issue. Falcons quarterback Michael Pennix Junior and wide receiver Drake London both limited for Atlanta. They've got the paid triots on Sunday. Patriots running back Ramondre Stevenson didn't practice for the second straight day because of a tow issue. Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray on track to start against the Cowboys on Monday night. That was according to the head coach Jonathan Gannon. Murray officially limited in practice today. It is week NI. Lamar Jackson returns for the Ravens tonight. They were in South Florida to face the Dolphins eight fifteen Eastern Time. Nebraska gave head football coach Matt Rule a to year extension, now runs through the twenty thirty two season. Does his contract and his buyout is worth fifteen million dollars if he were to leave after this year. According to ESPN, Texas quarterback Arch Manning practice today, but he remains in good cushion protocol. Twenty three Longhorns face number nine Vanderbilt coming up on Saturday. Washington Nationals hired thirty three year old Blake Putera's their new manager, the youngest skipper in the Big leagues in more than fifty years. While the NBA's Board of Governors unanimously approved the ten billion dollar sale of the Lakers from the Bus family to Mark Walter Guys back to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, d B. And if I find some Alexander the grapes so I'm gonna bring you so please, I'll steal them from my kid to give them to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Yeah, I got you, bro. Don't worry about it, right TV, have a good night, enjoy your Thursday night.
Speaker 2: You'll be here in a matter of minutes. Worry just on the edge of his seat, don't worry. Where's Moncey now? Rich, you're talking about who's for real? Week nine? You gotta talk about the Chiefs Bills. I want to know your thoughts from that. We'll do that and a few more key matchups this week that are definitely going to paint the picture as to where we're headed for the second half of the NFL season. More c n R.
Speaker 1: Next, you want a chunky bar? I got some chunky bars.
Speaker 2: Chunky's back and it's bigger than ever.
Speaker 1: Got some twizzers. What do you want, man?
Speaker 2: You said the chunky bar. I haven't heard of that a long as time. Chunky Chunky's back, Dude, Cavino and Rich who says this is bow wow, correct wow, not litl bow wow like bow wow from the eighties. Covino owners line from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Thanks for all your feedback on the candy stuff. And by the way, we had a really fun, really fun Patreon today and we have so much fun with you. Fox Sports Radio Nation would love if you joined us Monday through Thursday.
Speaker 1: We do that before this show every day.
Speaker 2: The Uncensored more personal dumb stories. It gets a little raw and uncensored. But if you want to join our Patreon all the infos on our social media at Covino on Rich, Patreon dot com, slash Covino and Rich. And we also have a bonus pod and it's a hybrid of both. Really is a hybrid of our Patreon and our Fox Sports Radio show. And it's called over Promised because we can't fit all this fun into two hours here on Fox Sports Radio. So I can tell you what we're going to discuss on over Promised in ten minutes. All right, We're gonna talk about perfect endings, because it seems like baseball's unfurling to the perfect ending. I mean, if it goes Game seven, if it goes Game seven and show, hey it takes the mount oh Boys like baseball is gonna you know, we have perfect endings. And sports and life perfect endings. We talk Halloween dues and don'ts and who Might Be Ass? I think you're gonna love this segment this week Who Might Be Ass? And Rich has more picks NFL picks on Over Promised Episode one fifteen. Brand new episode debuts in nine minutes on our YouTube page, Covino and Rich FSR. You can chime in live Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube, send it to a friend, and join us on over Promised nine minutes. Let me hit you up with another telling game Week nine of the NFL. We're just going over the games that I feel like, based on the result, will be a very big reflection of where the team is going. They'll banged up, and though it looks like mac Jones is getting another start, I have to be real and keep it real with my forty nine ers. They're five and three, you know, softer, barely favorite giants in a softer NFC where I grew with Dan Bayer, where we saw talked about how the Niners, even if they got into the playoffs at ten and seven, there's there's a lack of talent in depth in the NFC. There's top teams at the top like the Lions and the Eagles, and you know the Packers, but you know, teams like the Niners could slip in. But right now they're five and three. You got to go to the East Coast. You got to take care of the Giants. Come out of the game six and three because you have the Rams next week, and then you have the Cardinals and Panthers, which are two very winnable games, so you sneak by. If you're the Niners, you're five and three, six and three, they should do that. I'll give the Rams that game six and four, Cardinals seven and four, Panthers eight and four. I think the Niners need to be eight and four after twelve games, and I think that all starts with you have to go three and one on the next four to I think keep pace and the Giants should be a w The Niners can't go to the East Coast and lose to the Giants without Scataboo, without Molik Neighbors, with disarray and a rookie quarterback Robert Sallas should let that team shouldn't really move the ball. If Robert Sala's defensive schemes are up to up to park.
Speaker 1: Dis array I never heard of them. So Week nine begins tonight. We're excited about it.
Speaker 2: It's whether sits whether the Ravens start their mission. Yeah, Ravens Dolphins ain't happening. Who else is? For real?
Speaker 1: Rich?
Speaker 2: I told you left me on a cliffhanger. Chiefs Buffalo to me is a very telling game. Chiefs gotta win this one because it seems like every week the Chiefs get better and better and better.
Speaker 1: We're like, ah, just not their year. But it seems like with good coaching, they've made adjustments and they're playing big.
Speaker 2: But this one's at Buffalo. Do you think this is a telling game? I think you're looking at you know, Dan Bayer. I'll give more pops. Maybe he'll be a Rich Davis guy again. Never you know how I said, The NFC seems pretty set. You got the Eagles, you got the Lines and Packers, you got the Bucks, and you probably got Rams, maybe even Niners and Seahawks. Right unless some other lower team like the Cowboys, or someone just somehow steps on the gas or the Vikings or someone really turns it around. The NFC seems like you sort of a clue of where we're headed. The AFC. I'm intrigued to see if Buffalo drops this game. Are we just going to give into the idea that the Patriots are the owners of the AFC East again.
Speaker 1: And the Bills are gonna be like a wildcut.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm feeling it's a telling game the Bills, where this is where the Bills could like sort of redeem themselves. We were all full of it when remember the beginning of the year, were like gods, it's very clear. It's like a three headed monster, Chiefs, Bills and Ravens. Ravens need a lot of help. Bills are slipping, and the Chiefs started week and now are like you know up there.
Speaker 3: What's interesting Those two preseasons ago people were down on the Bills, remember, yeah, and then they shot out of a cannon. People are, oh, we were wrong about that, And it's kind of the opposite.
Speaker 2: Are they gonna get good? We're waiting for them to turn it around. I told my girlfriend the draft Josh Allen in her fantasy league. She's like, he stinks, Like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, he's supposed to be good. They're supposed to be good.
Speaker 2: I don't know why this is their chance to turn it around against the Chiefs. That's a big statement game. I don't think it's gonna happen. I draft Sydney Sweeney in my fantasy league. She's in my No Madison and Madison beer to fight you for. Yeah, so my fantasies are different than yours. Perfect, you know what we're gonna talk. You can keep Josh Allen. We'll talk to Sidney Sweeney on Overpromised How about that?
Speaker 1: I perfect? They're even there, you baby, see you in the over Promised land. Lets me go