Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Conveno.
Speaker 2: On Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR. Hey, Hey, what's going on, buddies. I'll tell you what's going on.
Speaker 2: We're going on right now, the CNR Experience on FSR. The show begins, hope you're having a Roman Anthony sort of day, not a New York Metropolitan sort of day. Roman Anthony of the Red Sox getting paid. You just heard Dan Meyer. Please here with your updates. Danny g is super producing Iowa Sam Spotty on the videos at Covino on Earth, broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studios. I'm out here on the East Coast. I'm Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis. We're gonna turn your hump day into a guarantee hump night. I don't know what that means, but we'd be rocking out. Let's go ay l oh oh, oh, Jersey baby Oh. We're gonna talk about a lot of things today, everything from backwards advisors to NFL predictions to Baseball no hitters. Where we got a lot on the agenda here on Coveno and Rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: It's given away prizes in the form of IOUs which are just as good as prizes.
Speaker 3: Where's all the money, Remember, that's as good as money, sir, those are ile use.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got you. If you're listening on the iHeartRadio app, What's up? Shout out to all the affiliates, appreciate you. If you want to chime in and get involved eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox with the iHeartRadio app, you can stream us wherever you happen to be. Catch us on the Fox Sports Radio app twenty four to seven. It's new and improved. Just search Covino and Rich enjoy all your favorite shows all day. Make us number one on your presets Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio. Let's go now, Rich, Yeah, about your team? Just when I thought my team, the Yankees, couldn't get any worse. Your Mets going loose four in a row and almost get no hit eight of the last nine, and you know we could start here. I was gonna also say I want to talk about female umpires and a weird thought I had. So we'll get to that people. You know the door, I'm a girl, dad. Oh is that how you start the conversation?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: But the Mets today get no hit ninth inning, and I know you and I disagree on this wholeheartedly because I was rooting for the no hitter because I feel like sometimes you need to hit rock bottom for the team to be like, what the f is going on?
Speaker 5: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Wan Soto's meaningless home run in the ninth inning? Do you have the call for Sodo's home run?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: It aggravated me, to be honest.
Speaker 6: He hits this one in the year at the center field, chasing Martinez back to the warning track at the water.
Speaker 1: And they're saying it clear.
Speaker 7: They arenx line.
Speaker 1: It's a home run for one.
Speaker 7: So to break up the no hit bin, the Mets with one out of the ninth dash the hopes of Gavin Williams.
Speaker 5: It's now a four to one game.
Speaker 2: Gavin Williams ends up going eight point two. He's seven and four, the Mets's four.
Speaker 1: In a row.
Speaker 2: But break up the no hit bid with one out in the ninth Juan Soto hits his twenty sixth and his sixty fourth RBI. Now, if I'm a Mets fan, I'm rooting for them to break up the no hitter. Rich and I have debated this in the past. I'm like, how could you be a fan and watch your team get no hit? But Rich is putting a different spin on it today. Rich always said, yeah, I want to see history regardless. Yeah, no, I might take it's it's just seems like I'm a big fan of no hitters, huh.
Speaker 5: I usually will say, if you're at the stadium.
Speaker 2: Let's say you're a Cubbies fan and you're at Wrigley and the Cubs are getting no hit and it's like seven or you know, a pretty significant lead. My thought is I rather see history than see my team lose ten to one. Like, at least you're seeing something like, Yeah, no one wants to see other team get beat.
Speaker 1: But if you're gonna get beat, witness.
Speaker 2: Something cool, right, Like if your team's gonna lose, do you want the other team to win on errors?
Speaker 1: Or do you want to.
Speaker 5: See a slugger hit a five hundred foot home run? Team?
Speaker 2: Why would you ever root for the other team regardless of history, accolades, who cares about the other team. I think it's like ingrained instincts from when you played sports. If you're getting no hit or you're losing, you want your team to come back. Always, I don't care about the other team. You're not supposed to care at all about the other team.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is, but I do like your spin today. I'm a fan of history. So usually usually i'd say, yo, do I rather be on hand the Dodger Stadium to see a one hitter or a no hitter?
Speaker 5: The answer is no hitter?
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: If you're watching your team impolisely.
Speaker 2: Think you're the minority here. No one wants to see their team get hit, regardless of history. It's history for the other team, it's not history for you. But in this case, I think when your team is struggling, the Mets of lost eight of nine, they're the most streaky team in baseball. Like the Mets, if you've noticed, they'll rip off seven of eight, and then they'll lose seven of eight. Then they'll rip off seven of eight. It's how this team looks, and you just got to hope. If you're a fan, of a team like the Mets, that they make it to the postseason and then they get hot in that moment. But my thought was put the Mets aside. Who cares about my team when your team is struggling. Sometimes I feel like hitting rock bottom is necessary to make a move, make an adjustment, have that player's only meeting. That may be meaningless, but at least you're trying. Like to me, Soto hitting the home run, run's hitting rock bottom eminem style. It's a good song, rock bottom, because you can only move up from there. So I do understand what you're getting at. Because in life that also is the case. Sometimes I know it's it's it's one game, But in football we always talk about that team that gets stuck at nine to eight and eight and nine and they just they're not bad enough. But they're not good enough. I'm saying right now, sometimes getting your ass whooped is not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: What's up, debate, I got a question for you guys. Just in this scenario, so Soto hits the home run on a one zero count, there probably weren't enough pitches to sense the crowd like where they're at. So if the crowd is on their feet and you're Juan Soto, do you think they're cheering for the no hitter? Or do you think they're cheering for him? And vice versa. Like if you're Gavin Williams, are you thinking that the fans know that it's history or do you think that they're against you? Like, because I would probably maybe because I'm a class half empty sort of guy. In both situations, I would think it's the opposite. So if I'm Williams, a big of the Mets fans want them to home, or if I'm Soto, I'm thinking, why are they cheering for Gavin Williams to get the no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think they are. It's in City Field, right, it's a home game for the Mets. The people that are standing are all rooting for Soho to break up the no hitter, every one of them except for Rich. That's why I find it hot. I do, but I do like the spin off. Sometimes in life and in sports, if you're dead last and rock bottom, you can't go any further down. That is when you're forced to make the change and move your way up. I do understand that I'm not saying that away from them today. I'm not saying fireman Dozo or bench Soto. I'm just saying sometimes rock bottom feels a lot better than man. We're just still sucking. Like in a relationship, if you keep having mild fights, I feel like that relationship, you'll stay with the wrong person. But if she's like, hey, you and she packs a bagging, go stays with her parents for a week. Yeah, but you shouldn't have to hit up the bottom to make that change. Let's say you have a drinking problem or weight issue. It doesn't have to be, you know, anything that serious, but you have an issue. You have to wait till Like if you have a rash on your ass, you have to wait until you're bleeding before you take care of it. You have you you hit rock bottom you to make that change. I think that's a mistake. I'm not saying it's not. But look around you. If you think most people don't wait until the rash bleeds. If you don't think most people wait until, I don't know, they have a heart attack or something serious, you don't have to to you're homeless to your bankrupt.
Speaker 1: The thing is that is what people do.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: It's not to mean you have to do that. I know it's not a laughing matter. But all the things you just spoke of, everything from homelessness to drug problems, to wait problems to everything. Most people do wait until some stuff goes real wrong and they're.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, gotta change it.
Speaker 2: It's not that they wait, rich is that there's nowhere else to go, As Richard Gear said, I've got nowhere else to go. True, it's it's really it's just a matter of default. It's your only option, or you know, you jump off a bridge. Unfortunately, it's like.
Speaker 1: Where else do you go?
Speaker 2: When our our video guy spot, let me pull you in the mixed spot. Spot's the type of guy that flexes at the gym spots. Uh, the type of guy that like shows off his legs. I got nice himself. Yeah, he calls himself the man with bulletproof length.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 2: But and he parades and kicks them through the hallway. Spot before you were this, uh, this stallion of a man.
Speaker 5: You are today?
Speaker 1: Such a stallion?
Speaker 5: What jump started all this?
Speaker 8: Having a heart issue, having to have surgery because I ignored my health for.
Speaker 1: The wasn't it losing breath in vegas?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 8: It was a hike, right, Yeah, on a hike. No, it was on a hike and I could barely It was like it wasn't even that that intense of a hike and I could barely breathe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he lost his breath at a Spearmitt Rhino Cow Vegas. Is that what we were calling you, duncan chic?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they took my breath away.
Speaker 1: I was barely breathing.
Speaker 2: So but no, I mean, and now look at him. Spot needed to have quintuple bypassed.
Speaker 5: Do you hear me?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Quintuple bypass surgery to go from a guy that didn't care about his health to the guy that cares the most in the room about his health.
Speaker 1: Okay, so ask him.
Speaker 2: Do you think he, looking back, wish he would have made a change sooner? Or do you think, oh, going rock Bottom is the only way he could have got here. I think going to the doctor and them saying, uh, Christian, Spot, you're gonna need surgery.
Speaker 5: Was the eye opener I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think rock Bottom really hammered home the point.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 8: If I didn't have that level of motivation, I wouldn't have stuck with it again.
Speaker 2: Cavino relationships, Like I said, serious stuff, drug issues, drinking, issues.
Speaker 5: A lot of times police need to be involved.
Speaker 2: A lot of times there need to be there needs to be, unfortunately, interventions, an escalation to the point where it's like I'm not dealing with her anymore. Or a woman who's with a really bad guy. Sometimes it has to get to a where it's like, now you have to leave him. He's so bad, look what he did or something. So he's a threat to your life. Yeah, essentially, something threatening your life, essentially, And.
Speaker 1: Keep this in mind.
Speaker 2: I did say I liked Rich's spin on it today because what Soto did by breaking up the no hitter took away that feeling and sense of urgency that they're hitting rock bottom and they need to really step it up.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: If the Mets are trying to fight for the division and assert themselves in the National League, if they've lost eight of nine and the last one was no hit at home, that to me is a kick in the nuts. Okay, run sort of softened that blow to the point where it's like, now it's like, oh they lost again, Bob, but they you know, Soto.
Speaker 5: Hit a home run.
Speaker 2: I still subscribe to you never root for your team to get no hit, But I like the spin on it because it forces them to move forward.
Speaker 1: But based on that theory, let's say it's your.
Speaker 2: Child that's struggling, do you root for them to hit rock bottom in order to make that change?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like not rock bottom if it affects their like, their life, their safety.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying if.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's say your daughter was dating a guy that's a bad guy, and you're like, yeah, he's I don't want this guy in her life he stinks.
Speaker 5: You would almost be like if she caught him.
Speaker 2: Cheating red handed, or like she got away unscathed, you would root for that. You're rooting for the reality checked. That's really Yeah, that's what we're getting at. Okay, so your thoughts do you ever based on Rich's thought here about hitting rock bottom? That might be a different way of looking at it, But do you ever root for your team to get I no, hit let me? Is this the best solution for your team to make that change?
Speaker 5: I'm watching your Yankees right now. They have a three two lead in the eighth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gold Schmidt hit a home run and they're five. They've lost five in a row and it's an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 1: The Ranger struggling.
Speaker 2: If the Rangers find the way over the next they have five outs left, one out in the eighth, five more chances if the Rangers somehow walk this off.
Speaker 5: Is Aaron Boone gone?
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's gone, but I think you do something with Devin Williams. You got a bench, a few people. You gotta do something to shake it up, because there's definitely panic and and something going on behind closed doors with this team. It's I've never seen anything like it, to be honest, Well your thoughts at coven on Rich eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox.
Speaker 1: You let me turn the phones on. Get the phone's going most interactive.
Speaker 5: Show, shouldn't they?
Speaker 1: I wasn't watching the Mets game, but.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't have Williams pitched around Soto in that situation. That's a ninth inning, one out. He's been dealing. He's been dealing. But if anyone's going to break up the no, no pizzathing next the Belonzo's hotter than soda. I mean, Sodo's been cold lately, so I mean you got to pitch something. No, you don't have confidence, you don't have confidence in your stuff. You're nine innings d but you're in one hundred and ten pitches. I mean, come on, Gavin Williams again, props to him, went nine innings with one out. Wan Soto breaks up to the no hitter with a bomb, but he still Loseif a question for you, if you're a pitcher, I guess the answer might be simple. But if you're a mid level Gavin Williams, like, you know, you're in the big league, so clearly you're one of the best, but not a household name.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's seven and four, he's having a solid see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But what I'm saying is, if Wan Soto's a guy that broke up your no hitter, do you hate Wan Soto forever?
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't love him anymore.
Speaker 2: No, But I'm saying, like, if you're a guy that made it to the big leagues and you're a good picture but not he not an All Star, I'm not a Hall of Famer, a guy that you know, but Wan Soto's the guy that took away You're one moment of glory is that we're talking about the ultimate competitors to take things this far. So here's what I know for fact. They never forget it. Oh Yeah, that's a mental note that stays with them for the rest of their life. So in any key at Batton Soto's up, this guy is gonna be like I hope he strikes out. Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, look about a doubt eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox and of course always available at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio on social media. So let's be interactive. Let's let's start on Long Island. Brian, you're on a Cavino and Rich. Just the just the idea work, good man, Just the idea of hitting rock bottom at a job, a relationship, sports where I think sometimes you do have to be in a terrible load desperation mode to actually make a change, and I think Sodo took that away from the Mets by hitting a Hall run.
Speaker 1: I almost feel like the Mets should have been no hit today.
Speaker 2: We often the Cowboys and Steelers and teams like that who were always like good enough where you really don't have to do anything chastic, right, So that's what we're getting at, right.
Speaker 6: So comment on the Mets here, Yeah, I think so definitely sold the time for change from the Mets too. In my opinion, they needed, they need a new hitting coach at the very least, they've been in a huge slump here lately, and Yankeys also need to change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, too much talent on that Mets roster to just be having one of the lowest batting averages, Like there's too much, too many good bats. So I don't want the obvious to be lost in this conversation either, though it's it's a cool conversation, and I love your spin, Rich, but it's like, how about, Hey, I'm happy he wants Soto broke up the no hitter he hit his twenty sixth home run, Like, how is that not part of the thought process here? Hey, man, at least he broke it up and they didn't get no hit. Want Soto hit his twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Bid Yeah?
Speaker 2: Rich is saying, Hey, he's uh looking at it from a different perspective.
Speaker 1: Nic, what else do we got? Let's go to Bruno.
Speaker 5: What's up? Bruno? What's up? What's Bruno?
Speaker 9: What's up? Brothers? I love it, Hey, listen, you know I would never want to see my team get no hit. To think about this, and it happens all the time, and your football team is tripping along. You're not making any wins and all you're doing is you're jonesing for that for that draft pick, and uh, they pick up those extra two three wins at the end of the year and they end up losing that draft picks. Giants had number one. I'm not a giant center. Fortunately the jetsam, but they had number one last year and they won that stupid game and it dropped them back. Yeah, you're root for your team to lose.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: There are times where losing is actually winning, and I think that in this case. I'm a I'm a firm believer that the Mets are struggling and it's being if you're an East coast guy.
Speaker 5: We're on the West coast.
Speaker 2: But both baseball fans of New York teams, the Yankee stinking has disguised how the Mets are stinking too. I really think that the Yankees are just stinking in a different way.
Speaker 5: Rich.
Speaker 10: How do you know, though, if you were no hit, that that would be rock bottom. That could send some teams into more of a spiral.
Speaker 5: Danny, that's a good point. You're right. It's like you know, you're right.
Speaker 2: If someone gets caught doing some dumb stuff, they could either improve themselves or that's like you're right, that starts even the worst spiral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I even think that the no hitter it may seem like it's rock bottom, but it also could be a fluke thing.
Speaker 5: Like where good teams no hit your Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like so that's just you know, it just happens, and maybe you don't necessarily realize it. I mean, you know that you're going through it, but the no hitter maybe it would magnify it, but maybe you would just think, oh, that's just an off chance sort of thing happening.
Speaker 2: I get what Danny's saying too. In great point dB Dan Bayer and Danny g It's like, all right, let's say let's say you have a boozing issue, right right, you're boozing, yeah, and you get into a fender bender. You're thinking, well, he survived, he's okay, thank god. Maybe this is a wake up call and he straightens up after this? Are you telling the story of Gordon Bombay my favorite hockey coach? But like Danny g insinuated, it could also just add to the downward spiral, like look what he did. Well, you don't know that it's automatically the opportunity to turn things around.
Speaker 1: It's always on that person or that team.
Speaker 2: You're making good points as well, So we'll leave it to you at Covin on Rich eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. Do you feel like your team, you know, family members, coworkers. Do you feel like sometimes rock Bottom is needed to make a real change? And I think that I'll say one last time, I We'll move on Juan Soto. You would think I'd say, oh, he broke up the no hit or with a solo home run. I was sort of aggravated. I wanted the Mets to get no hit to prove a point, like, yo, you better step it up, you bums. Come on like you got no hit, You've lost eight of nine, the no hit again, I feel like, is a kicking the nuts?
Speaker 5: What where the solo home run?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: The box scores four to one? Oh you lost?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you've done a great job explaining it, Like I feel what you're saying. I don't necessarily agree with what you're saying, but I do, like I love him, spin on it and I'm just shocked. I was shocked, guys that Rich was mad that the Mets broke up the no hitter. So your thoughts, what's up, Sam? Your feedback is welcome.
Speaker 1: What's up? Sam?
Speaker 11: You know you've hit rock bottom in college football when your team has been shut out three times in a season and you hadn't been shut out in twenty three years. And that happened to the Iowhawk Gyes in twenty twenty three. They were shut out three times to the three best opponents, shut out zero points. And so that's that's humiliating for the fans, that's humiliating fitted players. And when it happens three times in a season it hadn't happened since the year two thousand, that's a wake up call.
Speaker 5: Zero point zero.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a decent point Sam too, because, like we already established, how do you know if that's rock bottom, maybe it could get worse. You don't even know yet.
Speaker 11: Getting shot out once is humiliating, and it happens three times in a season, You're like, Okay, this is pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's bad.
Speaker 5: Well, Hey, we got a lot more to get to.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about backwards advisors and female umpires, and we got Midweek Major with spot all your headlines in the world of sports and entertainment, and of.
Speaker 5: Course we'll talk some football.
Speaker 2: We got three more preseason games tomorrow as we get more and more excited for football, which is going to dominate our lives once again. More Colvin on Wretch Next. From searching online to asking your friends and family. There are lots of ways to look for jobs, but what if you had a team of experts that can help you find the right role. Your local Express Employment Pros office is your one connection endless job opportunities with just one application that can help you find the job at a company that fits your needs. Visit Expresspros dot com and as always, Express never charges job secrets a fee. With more than eight hundred and seventy locations, there's an office nearby ready to help. Express knows when local companies are hiring, even for jobs that may not be posted yet, so hit up Express. They also offer benefits and competitive pay, and in just one interview, they'll be prepared to present you multiple companies that fit your needs. Go to Expresspros dot com and get started. Discover for yourself what it's like to have support in your job search. Can also start your job search to Express Jobs app. Download it today to search jobs apply and contact your local Express team. Our goodpal Scott Freyes.
Speaker 1: Is a shake it O.
Speaker 2: Sometimes a shakeup is needed, and rock Bottom is what gets you there. In fact, I got my eye on this Yankees Rangers game. I think you're two outs away from finally winning one for the Bronx Bombers. But if they do lose, it'll be nice to see your face when they implode. So hey, we're streaming live on the Fox Sports Radio YouTube page. So yeah, Rangers, you got two outs. I have to make you get the one run ties it. We'll see what happens. That's Rich Davis who's said that his team broke up the no hitter. He wished them rock Bottom to make a change, to shake it up. At want Soto, that big dummy hit a home run. We're lying from the Fox Sports Radio studio, the Bicoastal Covino and Rich Show later today giving away prizes if you could repeat verbatim Mike's Wednesday words of Wisdom. You know Mike that runs this place. He's the man Mike who runs this place. I missed Mike. I haven't seen him, but words of wisdom. Ah, we talk about him all the time, and we also got Midweek Major the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture.
Speaker 1: We're gonna break it down. Are they Midweek or Major?
Speaker 2: But rich before we talk style and Schottenheimer and Colin how Her and everything else.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in miracles? Dude? I know it's one of your favorite songs.
Speaker 5: You six a thing. Do I believe in miracles? Like you believe in mirrors?
Speaker 2: Like like like a guy could lift up a car you know, was adrenaline phone or like like like real miracles.
Speaker 1: It was always the granny story that picked up a car to save someone's life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I mean miracles? Yeah, why not? Of course I do.
Speaker 1: Sure, well, I.
Speaker 2: Like to I'd like to think so right, to make sure it's nice to believe things like that. There was a two part doozy in the news today and it involves one of your hero So I just want to throw it out there in case the Fox Sports Radio nation hasn't seen it. Your boy, the Hulkster, our childhood hero, Hulk Holgan was laid to rest and his daughter was a no show at the funeral. So the story was she didn't show up because he said he never wanted one. She would know it's his daughter, So I mean, if anyone would know, right, But you know who did show up the whole hoster cloud that was running wild in the sky and running wild on you. I know you're thinking, I saw the hulk Holgan Hulkster cloud. You gotta see well, post it on our Instagram in the air above the funeral and there's the hulkster flexen above the funeral.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's the wildest thing. It's it's come on, bro, it's too much of a dad.
Speaker 5: What you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do when the Holkster cloud runs wild on the sky and you, brother, what I gotta do? I can't wait for Danny g or By has to add this to his update. By the way, I mean, I think this is big. I don't know if you should add it to the update, but please take a look at the Hulkster cloud. Our our guy spot will be posting that momentarily if he wants to. It's a miracle man, It's pretty cool. It is pretty cool. I mean, usually when people are like, look at the cloud, don't you see black?
Speaker 5: Like it's a cloud?
Speaker 2: But honestly, it it does look like the Hulks are flexing in the sky.
Speaker 1: It's wild. What are the chances before.
Speaker 2: Rangers got to run around base in the bottom of the knife on a full count?
Speaker 5: Come on and plode you?
Speaker 2: If they implode Rich, then I just got to take a page out of the Dickey Davis Book of Fandom. All right here, rock you can only Yeah, they both stay?
Speaker 1: How about you both.
Speaker 5: Get a refund. There's no bet anymore. It's off. It's off.
Speaker 10: I'm calling it off. There's no money. You don't need a refound. It's crazy. I just saw the cloud right now. That's that's like God goofing with us.
Speaker 5: The Hulkster Cloud.
Speaker 2: Brother, did you see the side by side like they've shown you the Hulkster flexing and the cloud and it's like, it's.
Speaker 1: Ah, dent, what what do you believe in?
Speaker 4: More?
Speaker 2: The Hulkster Cloud or the alien that was caught on the ring Doorbell and Compton both or or.
Speaker 3: The uh the big mac that looks like Steve Harvey Have you seen that one?
Speaker 5: You ai complete? Wait a minute, I squitched my eyes.
Speaker 1: It's a Steve Harvey Berger.
Speaker 3: I can't find any pictures in my photo album on my phone except that one always stands out like I've saved that Steve Harvey Hamburger look alike.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: All right, you know what, I want to get into this because Colin Cowherd. We we love Colin. He's always been cool with us. In fact, Colin believes very much in what we do. Different from him. But Colin's a pal, Colin's a radio tycoon. He's a legend in the game for sure.
Speaker 1: Stars stars.
Speaker 2: Colin Cowherd has always had just a hilarious problem with grown men wearing their hat backwards, especially quarterback coaches, people that are supposed to be in some type of alpha, authoritative position. This has always been a cow leaders men, grown ups, adults.
Speaker 5: Men at lead.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, dude, hit for the Texas Rangers. It's first and second, bottom of the ninth. Let's go one out, two outs.
Speaker 1: Two outs?
Speaker 2: Okay, and Garcia's up. I can't watch it makes me sick to my stomach. Dude, I'm serious, I can't watch it anymore.
Speaker 3: Let's go to dB for a quick update. Yeah, let me just quick rap this up. Then you guys can get into the cow Herd Schottenheimer stuff. It is three two Yankees ninth inning Aaron Boone on his way to the mound. Dodgers did the Cardinals three to one in the fifth. Right now show hey o Tani struck out eight and four innings, also at his thirty ninth home run of the season.
Speaker 5: For LA got some MVP stuff right there.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Rais and Angels tied up at four in the fifth. The Marlins have a four to two lead on the Astros in the third. Blue Jay's running the Rockies twelve to one in the eighth. Finals were earlier today you talked about Gavin Williams beating Riches Mets for to one, as the Guardian's pitcher took a no hitter in to the ninth inning, only for it to be ruined by a solo shot from Juan Soto. Twins beat the Tigers nine to four tough times in Detroit, while the Johns doubled up the Pirates four to two, Orioles a five to one victor against the Phillies. Today, Red Sox and outfielder Roman Anthony came to terms on an eight year deal worth one hundred and thirty million.
Speaker 5: Dollars and a couple of NFL notes.
Speaker 3: Guys Stelis quarterback Aaron Rodgers says he's not likely to play in their preseason opener against the Jaguars, but he'll do whatever Mike Tomlin wants him to do. Aggravated disc for Matthew Stafford in the NFL Network says he's received an epidural to deal with it. Team still hopes he'll be ready for Week one, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn't confident that linebacker Micah Parsons will be available for their season opener against the Eagles as their stalemate continues over a contract extension.
Speaker 5: Guys, back to.
Speaker 2: You, dude, I mean, epidural can't be good. That's where you give a pregnant woman right right for the paints. So yikes, Matthew Stafford, get better, Bud. Thanks Dan Cavino, Yeah, I want to see your face if Garcia gets a game tying hit right here, by the way, Dodgers. Big day for Otani, Danny g they're sort of pushing him now, four plus innings, sort of gearing up for perhaps the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Is he going to pitch in the playoffs, Maybe.
Speaker 10: To go five or six? He's been doing four though the past couple of months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but eight strikeouts and a home run like jeez Otani is legend.
Speaker 1: Alright, here we go. Okay, one one.
Speaker 2: I know I can't do play by play, but keeping an eye on this Rangers Yankees game.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about this cowherd thing.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's also very cool that we are even talking football. As we established, it's a preseason weekend. It starts tomorrow. My birthday weekend starts tomorrow. So I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We got baseball, we got football, we got my birthday, and.
Speaker 1: You already said it.
Speaker 2: Colin the best in the game, but has one of his pet peeves, and he's made it very clear he when quarterbacks coaches, anyone wears a backwards hat because it makes you look like a like a man boy, you gain no respect that way. However, Kenny Griffey Junior had no problem with it, Fred Durst had no problem with it. Now Colin had a problem not only with a hat, Shottenheimer, with the backwards visor.
Speaker 5: Take a listen.
Speaker 4: You know I don't like backward hats. What's worse as a backward visor. That's a two win team. I'm taking away four wins. So when you sit in front of a podium, you're representing the Cowboys, You're representing a twelve billion dollar corporation. I think you got to do better as a head coach than have Advisor backwards.
Speaker 2: Brian Schottenheimer Visor backwards, which, by the way, is a weak ass look. But man Colin had a problem with it, and he's got to love the fact that today at Dallas Cowboys camp, this is how Brian Schottenheimer started his little eating with the media.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Colin, let me turn my hat around.
Speaker 2: You know, visor alone backwards forwards whatever is a stupid look. No, it should come with fake hair and only fake.
Speaker 5: Who wears Advisor? Seriously, I don't think I've got sec coaches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, like likevisor companies are in business just for that.
Speaker 10: It's very I want to say, it's very Dennis Allen.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have any friends that rock advisor?
Speaker 5: Kirby Smart loves Advisor.
Speaker 2: Again, if your buddy rolled up in a Visor, smack that thing off his head.
Speaker 5: Your Yankees one strikeoutre.
Speaker 1: You go, Thank goodness, man, you gotta win eat rocks bottom involved.
Speaker 2: But visors are very interesting. You're right about that, very interesting in that who wears a visor? And it's a very particular type of person to begin with, right, usually a college coach or something or something and his players or something.
Speaker 10: On Peyton some golfers do, or Maliboo's most wanted, like fifty five.
Speaker 2: Year old guys in Florida maybe like like middle aged guys in Florida might wear advisor.
Speaker 1: It has a weird choice.
Speaker 11: Matt Naggie would wear a visor in which I didn't understand because he was bald. So like, if you're out in the sun, you'd just be getting torched. The visor helps keep the sun out of your eyes and maybe you wanted your hair to get a little light.
Speaker 3: Didn't Vistavianna wear advisor as well? During the Donald Sterling it.
Speaker 5: Was that enormous, that enormous.
Speaker 2: Vis Oh dealers at a casino. Well, sometimes she wore a well advisor.
Speaker 3: It was that big.
Speaker 2: So forget about the visor. Clearly the visor in the hat. Cow Herd's got a problem. So we ask you, let's open up, let's have some fun on a random Covino on Rich Wednesday. What are those style pet peeves of yours?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What is the what is your backwards hat? What is your visor? What annoys the hell out of you. Well, if you knew to the Cavino and Rich experience, the world famous cn R. For years, we fought the Battle of Crocs. We lost the war, but we fought battle after battle after battle, and at this point you just surrender.
Speaker 1: I don't wear him. I've always hated him.
Speaker 2: But it looks like the kids are rolling with it, their pajama pants, their tank tops, their broccoli heads.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: It's easy. Kids put them on and off sport mode. It's a thing. It's not my thing, but I've moved on from that because I lost the war and my biggest pet peeve. Lately, I feel bad saying it because there's a lot of culprits here at Fox Sports Radio, and some of them I love. But when these younger dudes wear like clogs, like man clogs, like these Birkenstock man clogs, I'm like, what do you, little dutch boy your socks?
Speaker 1: You talk? Who's did you wear clogs as a man that looks like a man?
Speaker 2: Absolutely no different generation And luck, dude, that look.
Speaker 5: Is for the birds, That's what I say.
Speaker 2: Like, I think Shade's one of the coolest guys, and I see clogs and I'm like I have to second guess this.
Speaker 11: We wearing birkenstocks in the nineties thaw, yeah, but actually sandals like the dude, Like the dude.
Speaker 1: I just does that garner respect?
Speaker 2: Like if your boss, that's the thing, right, It's like, there's a few things you'll never see a man of authority.
Speaker 1: Dude, You'll never see him running because he's late.
Speaker 5: Because he's the guy in charge.
Speaker 2: You never see him running down the hallway because he's the guy. You're never gonna see your boss like wearing a little schoolboy backpack because he's the boss. And you're never gonna see him where clogs to the office because he's in charge and commanding respect. I'm gonna give you one of my pet peeves. I'll give you know, Big Mike, who runs this place. He's getting his words of wisdom. Ready, you know what his was, Well, cents stands when someone wears blue dreans and flip flops, and I agree with him, that's that's a terrible look.
Speaker 1: That's a funny one.
Speaker 2: Flip flops with shorts or swim trunks, yes, but with jeans. No, you got to wear clothes, toe.
Speaker 5: Shoes with jeans.
Speaker 1: It's a weak ass.
Speaker 11: Look, what about like tivas with socks, you know, socks underneath. My Spanish teacher used to wear it like the weakest.
Speaker 5: No bueno.
Speaker 10: Our teenagers wear dirty white shoes and it bugs me because they're thinking is and I have no idea why they think this is cool. But the more worn out they look, the better they look.
Speaker 2: It's a thing, especially with air Force ones, like they'll rock like beat up white air Force ones that look like they've been through concerts and mud, and they'll wear them down. They're all creased and bubbly. I don't know why that's a thing. But there's the overpriced shoe store that you might see at the mall, Golden Goose, I believe, and they sell like eight hundred dollars sneakers that look like they've been through a music festival. I hate that you played in the dusty park all day. It's like they stole them from a hobo. I don't understand how that's the thing. And again based on Colin's Colin's problem, let's say I was gonna say something else. Colin's problem with Brian schottenhammer Heimer and the backwards hat and the backwards advisor, What is your style, pet Peeve, let's get involved, eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 5: We'll do it next right here, Covino and.
Speaker 7: Rich, well dressed hobo.
Speaker 2: All right, It's Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Just a quick reminder, we're in for DP next week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. So if you dig our show, don't worry. You're in good hands. But you can wake up early and hang with us still or just catch it on the podcast search Covino and Rich follow Rate and Review, but again make note mental note. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday in for Dan Patrick. Right now, we're live from the Fox Sports Rate studio and it is time for our Tirach play. The day after missing five weeks, five week that left knee injury, Max.
Speaker 5: Monsey is back.
Speaker 1: Unsey slings hits a drive right center field. This pap back. He is God. He's done it again.
Speaker 7: Two home runs on the night for Monthseay and the Dodgers lead at four to two.
Speaker 2: Man the Dodgers pound the Cards, took him to Poundtown twelve to six. That's courtesy of AM five seventy Dodgers Audio Network and that was the Tirac play of the day. And for over forty years a reminder, our friends of tyraq been helping people find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, ship fast and free back by, free road hazard protection, with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation. So about tireraq dot com the way tire buying should be Okay, So next hour Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom giving away prizes, Midweek Major going over all the headlines with spotty Yeah, and now we're going to your phone calls at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. It's very clear that Colin Cowherd hates people with backward hats and visors Shottenheimer's style.
Speaker 1: But what's your style? Pet Peeve?
Speaker 2: I mentioned mine the whole like young people with their clogs, like young men with clogs, And I get it.
Speaker 1: It's a generational thing.
Speaker 2: I understand that there's young dudes out there slaying it in their clogs.
Speaker 11: Calling them clogs like their Dutch Wooden clogs.
Speaker 5: Dutch boys.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine wearing those things. Yeah, I just can't.
Speaker 2: I got a I got a few stylistic things that bother the hell out of me.
Speaker 1: But you know, let's go to your feedback first.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we thought of this because Colin, we know, hates the backwards visor. Is so funny that Brian Schottenheimer starts today's press conference addressing Colin.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Colin, let me turn my hat around.
Speaker 2: Gets the nervous chuckle from the press. Colin's gotta love.
Speaker 5: That, right.
Speaker 2: Let's go to your phone calls, Mitch and the Actually, so with Thomas at Washington State. What's up, Thomas?
Speaker 12: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 12: Love your show. You guys make me laugh all day.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 5: Thanks man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So, my my two.
Speaker 7: So I'm fifty four years old.
Speaker 12: So what I have pet peeves me is when you're a guy in his fifties wearing those jean shorts that are halfway down right below his knee, but they're not pants and they're not shorts. That just bugged me.
Speaker 2: Unless and let's listen, unless you're John Cena. Yeah, John c Unless you're John Cena, you should not be wearing geen shorts. And that's a middle aged man. They look ridiculous on him.
Speaker 1: Shorts.
Speaker 5: Yep, let's go to John in Minnesota. What's up? John?
Speaker 12: Okay, Rich and Cavino.
Speaker 1: Yep, can someone explain me what clogs are?
Speaker 2: No, I think you're right when you say clogs, I'm thinking wooden choose. Camino's talking more like these, like the Birkenstocks, like birkenstocks, but in the shape of a crock. And yeah, they're clogs, They're just not made of wood. I think everyone thinks wooden clogs. I think they're there. Yeah, no splinters. West Virginia, Jerry, you're on.
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks guys for taking the call.
Speaker 5: No problem.
Speaker 7: The most landlocked state you can imagine in West Virginia, and these people in this state go to Myrtle Beach for one day or the year. They go to Ocean City for five days in.
Speaker 12: All the.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he was so mad a cliffhanger. He was thirty dead. We don't put Jerry on hold. Maybe we'll get him back. We'll take a few more, we'll do Mike's words of wisdom. And we got spots midweek Major so so much coming up here on Cavino, Rich, We're gonna have a lot of fun and uh, a really funny story out of the NFL that I didn't realize was such an issue, but my dude, George Kittle is making it feel like it's an issue.
Speaker 5: So a lot to get
Speaker 2: To cn R on FSR more and if you want to see that Hulkster picture at Covin and Rich