Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be a wild card in a segment and a question about wildcards. As you see my incredible resume on the bottom right about, it's just these flag football curator of Angry Runs, I know. I think the biggest wildcard is the curator of the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 3: I think it's Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: I think it's a new head coach of the Chicago Bears who we have never seen.
Speaker 3: Be a head coach. We don't know much about. We just got the pictures and the stiff tie.
Speaker 2: And the smile and a really really talented roster.
Speaker 3: So if you've been reading the Caleb Williams article that.
Speaker 2: Came out from ESPN and based on social media, you have been. It was really weird last year for Caleb, really weird, really dysfunctional. I don't think that Caleb Williams, Matt ebra Flu's memory is year from now will be wonderful or even existing at all.
Speaker 3: He has been spoon fed. If you want to look down.
Speaker 2: On the Bears and disparage them about how they handle quarterbacks, I don't blame you. But since he has been arrived as a bear. Calebims has been spoon fed everything you can possibly need in terms of the front office, in terms of leadership, in terms of the general manager, including a very brash, young, very expensive coach that in years past, I promise you was a Chicago guy, they would have never hired Ben Johnson. They hired him for Caleb. They're drafting for Caleb. So can Ben Johnson make it work? I have no idea McCarthy. Sure, there's questions, but I actually think the biggest question of all is in his own Division A team he will play at least twice this year, and I think it's.
Speaker 3: Ben Johnson Giants.
Speaker 2: Aside in Cleveland Browns is the most interesting by far because they have four dudes.
Speaker 3: You're not going to start the season of four quarterbacks, all right.
Speaker 2: So they got Joe Flacco, who's Joe Flacco, Kenny Pickett who started twenty five games in the league, a third round rookie, and a fifth round rookie.
Speaker 3: One of them has to go.
Speaker 2: So my movie, it's out up for this cump petition would be get Out, Oh, get out. You can't all beyond the roster.
Speaker 3: Now. Get Out is a very loaded film. With a lot of messages.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying necessarily translate to this quarterback competition, but I will say one of those guys has got to be taken down to the basement and get lobottomized by Bradley Whitberd because.
Speaker 3: They don't all fit on the team.
Speaker 2: So who is going to get out and who is going to stay?
Speaker 3: Jordan Peele, we love you. But that's my movie title. I'm super happy for brock Purty.
Speaker 2: It's a cool story. You can make a Disney movie about it. It's amazing, all very very positive. I'm happy for him.
Speaker 3: You look at it. One hundred and eighty one million guaranteed and not the no trade. He just has everything.
Speaker 2: Now, is there anything in this for brock Purty that is not wonderful and great?
Speaker 3: Everything changed, His whole.
Speaker 2: Life is different, The whole team is different, His whole world is different.
Speaker 3: Grant Cone run a great piece on this for SI.
Speaker 2: He is now the seventh highest paid player in the league.
Speaker 3: He's maybe the seventh best player on the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: This whole dar of like, Wow, we have this quarterback who makes as much as a long snapper, and it's such a sweet little story and let's talk all about it and charm me in a mister irrelevant. That has all gone now, it's expectations now. It's like, that's all that sweet little montage we went through with you is done. Now we have to remember that there are only three quarterbacks in the NFL who threw more interceptions in brock Party last year, he was fifteenth in touchdown paces passed. He was seventeenth in completion percentage. That's all fine. It's like a car that's just sort of decent and gets you from here to there, but you don't care because the cars three you just have to make insurance payments.
Speaker 3: That's it. This is now an aston Martin, this is a Bentley.
Speaker 2: This is you have to compete with those we showed those highest earning players. Those guys are Patrick Mahomes, who is the face of the league, Josh Allen, who's the MVP, Joe Burrow, who completely annihilated everyone last year, and then Trevor Lawrence, who was constantly looked at as you are the one who was promised. So this is like the green day time of your life, something unpredictable like that was a wonderful full phase for brock Perdy and he went to a Super Bowl. Now it's like, go kill it because all those.
Speaker 3: Reasons the Niners were good because of your old contract.
Speaker 2: If they're not good now, that new contract will be blamed.
Speaker 3: Everything that they have done for the last three or four years is now flipped.
Speaker 2: They would build their whole roster because we have the cheapest quarterback in the league. Now they have to build their whole roster as we have one of the most expensive quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 3: Of course guys are going to go. It's guys. They had a.
Speaker 2: Window and they didn't cash it in. That's how this works. And it's like his deal was not like.
Speaker 1: A c De Strouds deal or Caleb Williams rookie deal.
Speaker 2: It was like he made long Snapper money. It was absolutely incredible. They won the lottery in the draft with a seventh round pick. They had a few years to cash it in and they didn't do it because they lost to the Chiefs. So now it's like John Lynch has to go to work and build his team like most teams. Sorry, you have a really expensive quarterback.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the NFL.
Speaker 2: I don't know when I see guys leaving there's no one who absolutely breaks my I like those guys. I like Drake Greenlaw. I like Deebo Fine. I think Deebo is time to go. I know Drake green Law had a huge injury. I'm not seeing names there with that. I'm like, wow, I don't think Kyle Shanahanck can put a team together.
Speaker 3: I think this is a six and the left. I don't think that at all.
Speaker 2: But again, there's no filler seasons for brock Perdy. Now you have to be exceptional. There's no passenger stuff. There's no hand at to McCaffrey be exceptional. I don't know if he has that in him or not, but they don't have a choice, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: I keep saying.
Speaker 2: Engaging you as a fan West because I'm a fan. I hate so much. I detest the state of paying quarterbacks. I think it is so stupid. I hate that there's not a middle class. I hate this attitude of well, you have to pay him, that's the going rate, and I understand that it is. But when I see that he is making money similar to Josh Allen and his name is brock perty it's ludicrous. He's a nice quarterback, don't get me wrong, I hate that there is no reasonable thing about how about we just pay him thirty one million out No, it has to be all the way up there or nothing. And that's where we're at. Only those teams Josh Allen Bengals. Those teams sometimes they can win because their quarterbacks that good. I don't know if the Niners is. I think this is very good news because there's one thing that is bigger than your team, than our teams, and it.
Speaker 3: Is our country. And I like the idea of.
Speaker 2: Amateur players who've been playing flag football for a while and they've been stewards of the sport, and that's great getting to showcase in the Olympics.
Speaker 3: I think they deserve that.
Speaker 2: However, I am not gonna sit here idly by and watch the United States of America lose in football to another country.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I don't care what kind of football it is, tackle football, flag football. And I will bring your attention to the reason why I feel this way. Because everyone wants to talk about the nineteen ninety two Dream Team and we've all done it.
Speaker 3: I will bring your attention.
Speaker 2: To the nineteen eighty eight men's Olympic basketball team, which is the last team to feature non professionals. You got Danny Manning and David Robinson and JR. Reid before they were pros guys. They took the bronze in the eighty eights. They lost in basketball. Not only lost, they lost to the Russians. Nay, they lost to the Soviets. The kamis the Reds going out there with those guys. Two different guys named Charles Smith, including the one who lost fifty seven straight layups against the Bulls, and legend has it is still shooting laups in Madison Square Garden. They had a guy who's literally name was Bimbo. And we said enough, we're not losing to anybody. We're gonna unleash the hounds and hit you with Ewing and Jordan and bird and magic. You send the amateurs there to protect the pros. We're gonna take a loss from somebody. We're gonna lose the Angolo, We're gonna lose the Madagascar.
Speaker 3: We're gonna lose the fleep in Canada. I will not stand for it.
Speaker 2: Unleash hell give them Lamar Jackson breaking the pocket and throwing a seventy yards to Jamar Chase in the back of the end zone, and the United States of America will win via the NFL firepower.
Speaker 3: That's my message to you, Kyle.
Speaker 2: Is this a win for the NFL or a win for the Eagles or a win for everyone? Man? It's man and womankind, society, planet Earth. It's also a huge surprise. I did not think it was going to go this way, and I was not alone. I thought all the momentum was going towards banning this thing, not a football play on and on and on.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm genuinely, genuinely happy that I think justice was served and they're going to get to keep it. And there's people who are whining about it and people are throwing fits. I like how the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are handling it. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, also in the NFC, also likely playoff team. They go out on social media and they start saying like, we're ready, can we bring a look at this? So they got Vita Vea and then they got Desmond Watson who's four hundred and seventy pounds, and it's like the tweet says it right there from Trevis Sikima. The league didn't ban the toush push, so the Bucks did it themselves. They're batting down the hatches, the backing down, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 3: They are ready to.
Speaker 2: Stop this thing, unlike the Packers who are now the bullseye of the tush push and who play the Eagles week ten at Lambo National Television, and I hope the Eagles run at fifty times and the only time they don't run is when they get to the goal line and headed to their new running back aj Dillon, who's an ex Packer. That's going to be the one to watch now because of this. Is the Chiefs dynasty still alive? Or did the Eagles end it? I mean they got They didn't just lose the Super Bowl. We saw Brady lose super Bowls. They got thumped. They did not show up for that Super Bowl. They didn't belong on the field that day. During the dynasties we've seen, you know, we know Montana never lost one, Brady lost them, but in every single one it was this dramatic thing. And then the one they actually were getting thumped, they came back from twenty.
Speaker 3: Eight to three.
Speaker 2: So is the Chiefs dynasty still alive or did the Eagles break it? I think I don't think a dynasty survived that type of ass whooping. And as far as villainry, I think that I think that.
Speaker 3: The Eagles ended the villains.
Speaker 2: I think the Chiefs were the villains in the eyes of so many and the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Became heroes for destroying them. Look forward to.
Speaker 2: This season, though, it's going to be different because I look to Nick Sirianni, who looks like a villain. He reminds me of actually Joel's performance and the Bear like. Some people just want to punch through the screen and destroy him. But Nick Sirianni now has a cause where they tried to take his weapon from him. And let's not forget Nick Sirianni also has bleep you money now on the sideline, he has job security, he has insecurity with the play, he has money. Nick Sirianni is going to be an absolute feast of content next year, and if it goes to making him a villain, I don't think he gives a damn. My takeaway is the Titans have zero primetime games, zero and I'd like to say I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe it.
Speaker 2: But I can completely believe it because this is not only a franchise is routinely disrespected. Batman is by far the most overlooked, underrepresented, disrespected, number one overall pit quarterback in my lifetime.
Speaker 3: Understand this cam Ward, who is.
Speaker 2: Big and strong and cool and friendly and professional and has a very interesting backstory.
Speaker 3: Is getting nothing. You will not see him.
Speaker 2: In primetime because he's the quarterback of the Titans.
Speaker 3: And I have comps for you here, I have comps.
Speaker 2: You might say, well, you know it's a rookie quarterback, a big deal. Last year Caleb Williams number one overall pick three primetime games. And you might say, well, in Chicago's a big media market. Okay, how about Bryce Young, he plays for Carolina. He got two primetime games as a number one overall pick quarterback.
Speaker 3: Go back a year.
Speaker 2: Before that, even Trevor Lawrence media market thirty two as the.
Speaker 3: Number one overall pick quarterback. He got a primetime game. And this cam Ward is saying, why don't you love me? You can't even toss.
Speaker 2: Me the back end of a primetime doubleheader that starts at ten am.
Speaker 3: Eastern, And no, we will watch anyone. Just give me a chance here.
Speaker 2: You can't just just give.
Speaker 3: Me a charity Thursday night game.
Speaker 2: It's like you literally don't remember the Titans.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what cam Mored ever did.
Speaker 2: To anybody to make him so unlikable, so uninteresting. We would rather give ten primetime games to the Shador Sanders deal one to cam Ward, who was drafted five thousand picks ahead of him. I want to see this guy, but apparently no one else does.
Speaker 3: Get to the wildcard round. Cam maybe so wow. You know what it'll be Saturday at one pm. They'll bury it. Trust me, it'll be the worst time slot.
Speaker 2: Cam Ward could get the Titans to the Super Bowl and they will put it at like a ten am kickoff Pacific on a random Saturday.
Speaker 3: That's what you have to do.
Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more iHeartRadio pods, go to the iHeartRadio app, go to Apple, go anywhere you like, it'll be there.