Speaker 1: Calling all my Sweetish to the forefront.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Christophna.
Speaker 3: Hazel and this is the Keep It Positive Sweetish Show. Welcome to Keep it Positive, Sweetye, the place where we he'll grow and learn together. Toya and Red Russian have built something people don't just admire, they connect to it. Whether through marriage, business, reality, television, or social media. They've shown what it looks like to love each other publicly, intentionally, and without apology.
Speaker 1: This conversation is about.
Speaker 3: Modern black love, fatherhood, visibility, and building a light together while the world is watching. Here, Henley, please give a very warm welcome to the Russians. The Russians have built lies people have watched evolved publicly for years through business, family, reality, television, entrepreneurship, and now opening even more of.
Speaker 1: Their everyday lives through their content.
Speaker 3: But beyond all of that, what really stands out is the way Toya and Red show up for each other as husband and wife, parents, business partners, and leaders. They created a relationship rooted in friendship, honesty, and growth. This conversation is about marriage, fatherhood, protecting your peace, and what it really takes to build together while the world.
Speaker 1: Is watching kids, Heeley, please give a very warm welcome to my dear friends, the Russians.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, bot, y'all on here.
Speaker 1: How are y'all doing?
Speaker 2: We're doing great, y'all look good.
Speaker 1: Everybody talking about how good y'all look at a unit.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you she dressed me? Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: You know you can be having to help them men out.
Speaker 1: Listen, help listen.
Speaker 3: You did a great job get them together, since I appreciate it. So we're gonna play a quick game to get started. And the game is called whose idea was it? So I'm gonna ask questions you just point to who's who would definitely be the person that this would apply to you. The first one is, let's film content for this. Who apologizes first?
Speaker 2: That's good, Okay, I gotta get better. That's good.
Speaker 3: Who starts an argument and then as confused. Who's more likely to say were good when they're definitely not good.
Speaker 1: Who's strict with the kids.
Speaker 2: I just want to let the kids just do.
Speaker 1: Most ass, Dude, they'd be like, don't tell.
Speaker 2: You, mama.
Speaker 3: Who spends more money? Who's more likely to check on everybody else before checking on themselves?
Speaker 2: M h, Well, I guess that's kind of both of us in a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, who's more likely to randomly start a deep conversation late at night?
Speaker 2: We're like, that is me for sure, Repon, I gotta get up at five o'cl.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all. So, but that was good.
Speaker 3: I actually love like seeing who each other things is the person that does certain things.
Speaker 1: That was great. You guys have.
Speaker 3: Done such a good job for years keeping your lives private, and now all of a sudden, you guys are putting your life out there. We've seen your life TOYR play out for years on TV.
Speaker 1: Red.
Speaker 3: I've known you for years and you've always worked behind the scenes. You've worked for when I knew you, work with NBA players making sure their businesses and day to day were running right, and you were always the guy behind the toy You've always been in front. So what made you, guys aside? Now is the time we want to put our life out there more.
Speaker 2: I guess like it came about with us just doing videos and just trying different things and whatever, and Red coming out of his shadow more so to him just being a team player. Really, Like you know, I'm like, okay, they let's do this, and then some stuff he'd be like, okay, we could do that. He started getting more and more comfortable.
Speaker 1: That was good. I me bean cracking up because I'm like, this is so real.
Speaker 2: He just thought getting more comfortable. When I saw he was on board or whatever, I'm like, okay, I don't want to force him to push him to do it for sure, you know. So when he came on board, I was like, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I love that. So I remember when y'all first met. He was keeping it a big seat.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, we both were listen.
Speaker 1: I was like, who is it. I'm like, listen.
Speaker 2: It was one of them you know how you go on a date with somebody and you post the food and not the man, and you post the place and not the man. That was me and him. We would go all kind of days, go all kinds of places, and never post each other, and then it's like I pop up pregnant. Everybody like what. But you know, we were feeling, you know, getting to know each other for real and enjoin each other in private.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the importance of that, because I think a lot of people now, especially in the social media world, were so quick to push our relationships out there before we actually cultivate and build that friendship.
Speaker 1: What was the importance of keeping it sacred for me?
Speaker 2: You know, I had just gone through a divorce and I spent a lot of time trying to like become whole, you know, like myself or whatever. And when I met Rid, we were really good friends, Like we talked a lot. It was something different. Were just getting to know each other and join each other's company, right, And I just felt like that ain't something I want to share with the world, Like I want to enjoy this moment, you know, with us getting to know each other. And it was so much better because we developed a friendship. You know, he was there for me doing a very rough patch in my life, and we our relationship got stronger in that period. And when we finally did, you know, go public or whatever, we were at a place where we was already like strong, like you know, so it really didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. Ray.
Speaker 3: What was it like for you coming into this relationship and you were a private person as well, Like a lot of people didn't know what you did, And I guess that was because of the people you worked with. You knew how to like keep the main thing, the main thing, what was it like like coming into this relationship and.
Speaker 1: Really feeling to you.
Speaker 3: But then she's like, I don't want I don't want people to know we talking like was there where you were Like what you mean, I'm.
Speaker 1: Ready to tell the world.
Speaker 5: Well, now you know you know me, and you knew me before all this. It was kind of different. Like I was telling her like, chill, shorty, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know. I was like, yo, calm down, I know.
Speaker 1: That far.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 5: Nah, Just like she said, we became real close and it was.
Speaker 3: Just like, let me just get this glitter off of you, because it's just that's a good that's a good woman.
Speaker 4: It was just.
Speaker 5: I wasn't in the rush, you know. I wasn't in the rush at all. Like I didn't mind just staying back because I didn't really want to be out there. I didn't want to be I was enjoying her. And then when we did come out and you know, the tea and different things like that, I knew what I was signing up for, you know, so I had to adjust and do that, but I really didn't care anything. I cared about it's protecting her, protecting her image and different things like that. Because I you know me, I don't care. I don't care about nothing.
Speaker 2: I think that's what. It was. Just so different and so like nachaliantic cool. You know some men just be thirsty. Yeah, it's like relaxed, like Ray was like like damn, it was one of the you know how women love a challenge and it's like you you know, a person like you and they feeling you, but it's like they just so cool. Like I'm like, well, you a little too cool, but just.
Speaker 5: Thought I didn't even realize, Like it didn't really dawn on me until people some people said something about it, like her posting you might see my arm and you might see that, but I ain't even pay that. I ain't even paid attention, you know what I'm saying, Like it didn't even really it really didn't matter to me, and I wasn't in a rush to be like, yo, this is who I'm with or anything like that. Like my people knew because she would come around, she would doing different things like that, but I ain't really care. But when we did, I mean it was cool. I knew what I was signing up for, and like what you're saying about the content stuff and different things we're doing with that. I think it's another stage for us as far as working together and finding something that's fun. Like it's fun, you know what I'm saying, it's actually fun, Like we be doing stuff like y'all see it and y'all laugh, but like we probably shot it and was dying laughing, like you know what I'm saying, Like we in there like laugh were looking back at it, just like crying laughing like this is it. So I think the whole new content thing, we just started a YouTube series with couples. Times before we go out with couples, do an activity or something so.
Speaker 1: I can come out with yu.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I think it's just new things and just you know.
Speaker 2: And most importantly, it's celebrating love because you hear so many negative things about love and people finding a person and not understanding that, like stop looking at other people in their situations and embrace what you have and embrace your person and date. It's so here to like date and have fun. So we bring other couples along and we do fun date activities with other couples and it just be just a breath of fresh air, like to hear them talk about each other and they all be like, I didn't know you felt that way, Like it just be the sweetest thing. So that's something we really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure that's really good for them as well. I love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got a new YouTube show that I can see turn it into a show.
Speaker 2: A couple of signs.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. Read you talk about I knew what I was getting into. A lot of people, even for me, like dating men know what they're getting into, but when they get into it, then.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh god, like I didn't know it was all this.
Speaker 3: Was there ever a moment that you had to really adjust to Toya's life. It's toy, this has been your life since you was a kid, basically, you know, you know, you had been exposed to so much in the entertainment industry at a very young age.
Speaker 1: Was there a moment where.
Speaker 3: Now you're like in her world where you were like, I knew what I was signed up for, but this is a lot.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 1: Really, you was like, I'm.
Speaker 5: Ready because I understood the business from working with four yeah, top athletes and stuff like that, so I know the business.
Speaker 4: I know it comes with it.
Speaker 5: So I've seen it so when I said I'm signing up for it, I know what I'm signing up for. Like I knew exactly when I came into when she came into my life and we started dating, it was nothing I seen that I haven't seen before. Yeah, you know, I just wasn't dealing with it. I wasn't in a relationship like that.
Speaker 3: But you know, yeah, yeah, I've experienced it firsthand where it's like you knew what this was.
Speaker 1: I've been living his life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we ever.
Speaker 2: Had that, you not understanding my life or you because Red always was the type of person you know that you know him. He always played the back and he's okay with playing a back to this day, Like he'll push you to shine and he's okay with just being there like it never was. I want to be seen. I want to like that's why you don't care to poor him, Like, come on, Red, let's do this. But he just so chill.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: What is one thing that you think is misunderstood about relationships going more public?
Speaker 2: I think I think the comparing thing. I think people like love to compare their situations to other people and wanted people to like be somebody that they're not instead of just this is the person you're with, like you either gonna make this work and are you gonna move on? You can't change them to be who you want them to be because they are who they are. So I think that's one thing that messes up a lot of relationships or whatever. And like the forcing to go public so fast, it just it just gives me. I just want to show I got a man, like, you know, without even knowing the person. It'd be a couple of weeks later monthsly, like why did I do it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: I think I think it's the Internet. I think people don't realize the internet is so judgmental and we don't.
Speaker 4: We don't, we don't realize.
Speaker 5: I mean people don't realize that, and they search for validation and accepting. So even if you havn't issues in your relationship, you're so scared of what the internet gonna say. So once people put the Internet in their business, they worried about this and worry about that because every everybody had problems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody.
Speaker 5: Like if you sit down and talk to ten couples, out of eight or nine of those couples, y'all dealing with or have dealt with the same thing, but we are so caught up into the internet. Look like this, I gotta look like that, I gotta look like that. But it's just you know this what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, the Internet is. It's a monster.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: I feel like when we were growing up, it was if we didn't have all that, you know, so it was writing letters and like all you really talk to is your friends. Your friends and your family knew, but the world didn't know. I feel like now we live in an age where there's the possibility that the entire world could know your business based on what you put out there. What are things that you to do to protect your peace and the parts of your life that you do want to keep private.
Speaker 2: I feel like everything is not for everybody, you know, Like you get to these people get to these this place where they feel like, Okay, I'm going through this, I want to share this. It be something that backfires, like eventually, like in a backfire, just sharing it. Everything is not for everybody to know when we're going through stuff like we like every other couple, our relationship, it's not perfect. We go through things just like everybody else. But it's like being able to communicate with your person talk about it, you know what I'm saying, instead of like go and tell all of your friends putting your business out on the internet, Like what is that gonna do? Yes, I don't understand that whole era of that, but like we believe in like if we have issues or problems like talking to each other, it's important to have a village. That's true. But our you know his mom, like you know people that are not people that's going to drag us, you know, like in the internet.
Speaker 3: Girl and I even learn like evening the way we get over something.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, I'm holding on to it, right, I don't like Himna, I'll be guilty of there with my daughter. Right you tell me stuff about it, man, I'll be like, m hm, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know for sure.
Speaker 2: Everything. I love that its see yourself and work it out in your house.
Speaker 1: In your house, is it right there?
Speaker 3: You guys got married in twenty twenty two going on four years. I remember because you all got married right around my birthday. You couldn't make it to my forties because y'all were at CAO, y'all were in Kinlo getting married. And yeah, we're gonna try to make it. But it was just crazy. But what has it been like in these four years, Because like it's one thing to date and then you like you're blending families, you're blending businesses and so many different things.
Speaker 1: What is that journey been like for the two of you?
Speaker 2: Marriage is a lot of work, you know, because it's it's two people trying to become one, you know, operate as one, like you're gonna respect this person, you gotta move, you know, a certain way. So it does require a lot of work in respecting each other and just being on one accord. I think over the years, like with men, read we in a beginning, we built the friendship. So even if we do have problems to go through things like it's still a friendige Like some days I might not like you, but I love you, and that's my friend. I gotta tell my friend. I got to talk to my friends. So I feel like that's one thing in a marriage and a relationship that's so important and I can't stress that enough. Is becoming friends, like building that friendship with your partner to where like I gotta tell them that's my first thing. Like at night, were still gonna find a way to talk. But I was what I was trying to say. Over the years, we you know, we didn't have our ups and downs trying to like learn how to move as one. Yeah, because that's that's work. When you when you used to being your own, you know, doing your own thing and moving never having a really answer to nobody, and then you operating this way, but learning to come together and operate as one, it's work.
Speaker 5: But I think one of the biggest things with us, and I think both of us had kind of an issue with it that we got better with was and it's crazy. I saw it today when I was researching. We were so quick to correct each other instead of focusing on connecting. Like it was all like for me, I speak for me. I'm real big on if I don't understand something, I debate with you because I want you to show me where you're coming from. You know what, I want you to show me where you're coming from. But over the years with therapy, and I get it from I used to have a group of very successful guys and we always talked and it's always debates, debates, and we called it iron sharper and iron like we're debating about this, with debating about this, but you're showing me, you're showing me where you're coming from, and you're understanding and you're articulating it.
Speaker 4: And then over with.
Speaker 5: Therapy, I had to figure out with my people, with my village and stuff like that, it's not necessarily always good because they they're not going to get it. And instead of debating and instead of trying to correct, all right, you got it, how can we connect and how can we do that? And I think that was one of the things that we fought with and got better over the years.
Speaker 2: I was like, why do you have to debate everything that I'm saying? Got the great debate is not like this, but over time, like he said, with therapy and everything, it's definitely helped. Like now, I notice he don't do that.
Speaker 1: So what made you want to go to therapy or was it a choice to me?
Speaker 3: In your own words, it's a collective decision where he was like, yeah, I need to.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: He kind of got me into because at first, because it's like very cliche, I need a therapist, so I want to see my whatever, But he's been doing it since I met.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I go because like you just spoke on earlier, I don't tell my friends and family and stuff, especially about my relationship, like I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't do that. Like my friends can't tell you. Not one of my friends can tell you our deepest problem or anything like that, surface level, like they know what I'm going through a business, family or whatever, but if it's dealing with me and my wife, they can't tell They can't tell you what. They can't tell you that. So what I do. I go to therapy and I have an unbiased voice that I can talk to and unload. And like some therapy sessions, I kid you not, some therapy sessions, my therapist say one say, two words go and then the last word stop in between. Then all I do is talk. I just unload, and they're just there to listen. They might not he might not say nothing. Well, he won't say nothing in between, he won't come back, he won't say nothing. I just sit there and just unload.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: So I don't do the family and friends. I don't do the family and friends that I love that.
Speaker 3: And I think more men need to hear that because a lot of times guys talk about everything with their friends. Yeah, and a lot of times men aren't the best people to take advice from, you know. So I love that you protect that and you talk to someone that is a trusted therapist that you can unleash with and let it, let it out. But then also know that you have a soft learning place with your wife to say, Okay, these are the things that I want to address, you know.
Speaker 5: And I used to be like that. I used to always have that emmy, but it's really I really keen in on it now. But like even dealing with athletes and stuff like that my job when I work, like I didn't tell my friends because they used to be some of them just they ain't got them all now they feel a way about this person and no tell them was that they'll turn into and different things like that.
Speaker 4: So I then learn that.
Speaker 5: But now with your partner with your wife, like I just don't I can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking about partner exactly. It's so important. And then you said that he's going to got you going to therapy. How has that shifted your mindset on things?
Speaker 2: It's helped me a lot because I you know, from my background what I come through, I should have been doing it. Yeah, you know, so it helped me. That was like one of my biggest changes in life. Like it just made me see things from a totally different perspective. I love the handle things different. So I thank him for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and thank y'all for sharing, because I think the more that we talk about it, especially people, you two are people that people look up to, So the more we talk about it, it makes people be like, oh, there's nothing wrong with me.
Speaker 1: I can go talk to somebody. This is actually cotant.
Speaker 2: It's like so important to have a therapist, it really is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys talk about partnership. What has it been like You've been really big into fitness. I know you work out with him, Like, I love the Wait No More that you all have going on, You're opening up a new gym. What has that been like really building partnerships together? Because you've had your businesses with hair care, entrepreneurship, all the things that you've done, and TV and film.
Speaker 1: What has been like merging those worlds together.
Speaker 2: It's totally different because fitness is definitely something like different for me, and that was the first business that we started together doing Wait No More. But you know, I allow him to lead and come on, I can jump in to help, like I'm always there to help, but that's his baby and I'm just supporting the support of wife.
Speaker 1: I love that. Where did Wait No More come from? Red? Or should I call you Robert?
Speaker 2: Which depends on.
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 5: Came from the quick story shoot around in Miami. Me and my client sitting down on brick or eating pizza. Kid come up, Look the kid is overweight. Asked for a picture. He was like, okay, cool. The kid walk off. He was so frustrated. Why the parents let the kid get that big? Is that boom boom boom? And seeing his frustration, I said, bro, won't you do something about it? He like, how can? I? I said, let's do a fighting obesity for kids, and so get back to Atlanta. I get with a PR team, I get with management. We have a meeting. We're gonna do a day camp for kids. Long story short, that didn't work out. After that, I had two more clients. I tried to pitch the idea too nobody would bite on it, and my friend introduced me. My friend told me to come to invited me to a five K. Went to the five K. I didn't run, but I just went and seeing the turnout seeing the turn. It was in a black community and everything, and it just hit me like, I'm laying every night, I'm laying beside the perfect person that can help propel this fighting obesity thing. And I asked her, I said, let's do a five K. She was like, I'm not running, no five miles and I.
Speaker 1: Was like five thousand and then.
Speaker 5: So at that point we did our first five k. Oh fourth ward part. We did our first five K. We had over five hundred people come out, and the next year we did seven different cities. The following year we had a twelve city tour set up, but COVID hit. We had sponsorships, everything behind it, but COVID hit. And then after that, just getting to my fitness, going through my dad had prostate.
Speaker 4: The cancer.
Speaker 5: So just going through that, that's when I got super serious about it and then started training and just touching people, man, and I just gained a real passion for it. You know, I just gained a real passion for it, and I just stuck with it.
Speaker 3: So then you created products from that, like it turned into a full fledged business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: My favorite part about that story is I realized I was laying next to the person.
Speaker 1: That can help me propel this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And a lot of times I feel like that's in a lot of our situations where it's the people around us that we overlook, where it's like it was in my face the whole time. I got what I need, you have everything you need, but you just don't see it at the moment.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I'm never not eve to who I'm with. I've never been that person. I'm never naive to who I'm with and what she had built over the years, who she is, Like my wife is highly respected. Like wherever I go, you know is oh that's Toy your husband. First it was Toy, your baby. Well now I'm gonna tell you now it's rain daddy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But I've never been I never been naive to that point. You know, I've never been nai you know who I'm with and.
Speaker 2: Saw your husband you know?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah you know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I never been nice.
Speaker 2: I went from Regenie's mom to Rain's mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you will forever be that.
Speaker 3: My parents are still all your Crystal Travis's mom and dad, like they've completely lost their identity.
Speaker 1: Like I love it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm sure, there's a beautiful badge of honors to where let's talk about blending their families. You all have a beautiful daughter together, but you have children before.
Speaker 1: What is what was that like? Bringing your family together?
Speaker 2: Bringing our families together? You know, we're very family oriented people like he come from his mom and dad. When I tell you, I just they are sent from heaven. Truly want to one his parents. Our worlds are so different, you know, because he come from like a very like loving family and mine a little bit was dysfunctional, you know, so like just seeing how him and his family operating, how his parents is or whatever it was, it was so natural, right because it was all loved there, like they were all. I just came in and they embraced me. I love it from from the beginning or whatever, and we that's my baby's just like that's his babies, like we do everything together or whatever. But it was it was easy because they already had that built in. And then as we got stronger whatever, he introduced me to his kids and they all loved me.
Speaker 1: Of course it is and.
Speaker 5: She made and credit to her too, she made it real easy for you know what I'm saying. She made it real easy for me with the kids and different things like that. And then on the other hand, Reginae, it was nothing but love from a jump.
Speaker 4: Right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And we always had that. Yo, I'm never trying to be your dad. I'm here for you, you know what I'm saying. Regardless of what I got to do, I'm here for you. But you know, so it wasn't never a bad you know dynamic.
Speaker 2: It's at the end of the day, it's about the kids. Yeah, Like we want to make sure that the kids are good. The kids are comfortable for sure, especially when somebody knew it's coming into the picture. You know, you want to meet their parents. You want to make sure that things have done the right way, because he gets messy when you're blending a family and you know you're the person you're blending family would have like other kids. Yeah, you know, you know, it's just a respect thing. And then with me, I try not to make it difficult because I don't I mean, I don't want to be added with y'all. I want to be we're one big family.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love I love that you talk about the different backgrounds of your family and how his family is totally different than yours, where there's certain things that you had to unlearn when it came to family because you were used to maybe.
Speaker 1: You're family being a certain way, and he was like, no, we gotta do it this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean things that I had to unlearned.
Speaker 5: I would say, I don't think necessarily unlearned, but just take that wall down.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: One thing about Toya.
Speaker 5: One thing about Toya, she was from the trauma she went through. Toya was so guarded. She was so guarded and so so guarded and so scared.
Speaker 4: She feared.
Speaker 5: She was very fearful, you know what I'm saying, not trying to go back, not trying to go back, not trying to deal with what she dealt with. She was so guarded. I made it here. I think I heard Lebron say that one time and it reminded me of her, like not going back to where I was. So she just had a wall up and just had to knock that down and just like yo, I'm here for you, Like it's weaken take on the whole world together, like it ain't no going back and forth. Regardless of what we go through, we can get through that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, because after being heard and just going through everything I went through as a kid and just my trauma. So but I ain't gonna lie. He got I was like it took a minute to kind of you know, just just let it down, let the going down. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even with a kid, like after I had rain, you took that. Yeah, wow, you're still guarded.
Speaker 5: I don't know what she'll do without please he just stay here. No, But honestly, like that's and just thinking about it now, like that's really something she dealt with and it's a test of where she and I think that's you know, you never seen me with a celebrity girl or anything like that. You've never seen that. And the thing that brought me and her close, it's just seeing everything she came because I saw Antonia. You know what I'm saying. I saw Antonia. Everybody's looking at Toy and just seeing everything she fought through, everything she went through, Like I think it just like yo, I like her, you know what I'm saying. I like her, and it's just that, you know, it's a test of what she have overcame over the years. Like just being that center point of her family everything, being blamed for everything, just going through this and nobody had that idea. But at the end of the day, I'm the one there where when she's crying, when she need comfort, when she needs this, but the internet seeing something else. But this is a real person going through real stuff, trying to heal everybody. She loved yourself in.
Speaker 1: Real time in front of everybody.
Speaker 3: That's a lot, still was that's a lot if you don't mind like share with us. What was a breaking point in that moment where you were like, I feel like I'm finally overcoming this. I know you talked about it, even after rain, you still have that wall up.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: We've heard stories of what you went through, but I can't imagine what that's like in real time, living it out in public and trying to really heal while healing your family.
Speaker 1: What was that breaking point for you?
Speaker 2: For me, it was like I was, I was I started to see like what I was like, see myself, like toy, this is not okay, Like you you literally trying to save everybody and you're losing you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So it was one of the moments where I had to get back to me, like and my family that I'm creating, because I spend so much time like trying to I don't know, pour into everybody else and everything else. And I'm like, I have a beautiful family here, my kids watching me hurt, they watching me go through things over and over again. It's like a cycle just constantly being repeated. And I said it's time for me to make a change. And I told myself that I was gonna change. I'm not doing this no more. I'm I'm gonna go to therapy, you know, get some help. My husband was right there, you know, by my side or whatever, and I got through it. And now today I can honestly say, totally different person I have that I don't give up attitude. It's about me and mine I love, like the family I'm creating. I just can't go backwards what. I just don't like the way it made me.
Speaker 1: It really did.
Speaker 2: It's about two years.
Speaker 3: It was kudos to you for, like you know what I'm saying, really fighting for that and fighting for love because some people like give up so quick. I feel like we are in this microwave society where we want, we want it now, but to have a partner that will stick beside you and somebody.
Speaker 1: Who sees you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that that's the biggest part. He saw you, not the toy that the world sees.
Speaker 2: So that's I saw seeing my kids like me taking like oh it was I don't ever want to go back to that. Yeah, girl, Yeah, just my kids just seeing me just so hurt all the time, like feeling defeated. Yeah. And it was like, yo, like you know, I'm looking at my husband watching this and my kids watching this. It's like, toy, it's time for you to focus on Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you I've watched your sh and seeing like even the sit down with your family and that sometimes those are the biggest fights.
Speaker 2: I was like, my girl is baby you was?
Speaker 3: I was like, who it was a lot and what people expect, the expectations and getting over like what people expect from you, and it's just like this, I just you owe this to me energy, you know, and the fact that you were.
Speaker 1: Able to get over that. I love that.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 3: I did want to ask you, going from what we can say a talkic relationship to finally be in love properly, what does it feel like if you want to.
Speaker 2: It feels till red hot oof, like it feels very safe to just know you with someone who truly love you, who appreciate you, who make you feel seen, who make you feel heard, and who make you feel safe. Because as women, that's really what we want, you know, And nothing is perfect, and no one is perfect. We have our disagreements and things we don't see eye to eye with, but I just still feel like that's my person no matter what. Yeah, you know, I feel like I found my person, somebody I could deal with, grow with, get old with, like the family I always wanted and pray for, like the things that we do. I remember years ago, I used to literally pray for these moments of just having a family and just pouring into my kids and showing them all this love and being able to have a partner that's doing life with me like a present for they, you know, like it's just it just feels amazing.
Speaker 1: Honestly, How doesn't make you feel read to hear that?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 5: Absolutely great, because that's at this point in my life. That's what it's always been a family.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: But as you know, just traveling the different crews I'm with, working with my friends, and different things like that they had a big place in my life. You know what I'm saying, moving around had a big place in my life. Now the biggest place of my life is my family. So I'm working all week like it's a whole different, whole different switch. I'm working all week and I'm looking forward to the weekends to chill with my wife, to chill and like, I really feel like we're out of the city. We're in the middle of nowhere, and it just feels so good coming home.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, he just said a word, because I've heard so many husbands say, like when I get home, I just need to sit in the car because I don't even want to walk in the house.
Speaker 1: To say, it feels so good to go home.
Speaker 4: It just feels so good.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't have that. That's not the relationship.
Speaker 4: So good to come on.
Speaker 5: And I tell myself every every single day how blessed I am. Like every single day I tell myself and my first thing I do in the shower, I have a talk with God and I just say thank you, how and just be grateful for my life.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely used to say all the time. Like he used to talk about peace. Like the number one thing in life for me is peace. And I used to be literally looking at him like crazy with the side eye. Fast forward because I was younger and in my mind was just at a different place back then. It was for I just want to travel, I just want to do this. I want to do this, I want to I was just at a different place in my life. I was not where I am today. When I tell you he said a word, because that is literally what I live for the most. That's the best thing you could ever have. It's a peace of mind. Just be at peace like and that's I feel like that's where our life is right now. Like we block out all of chaos and the crazy stuff. Like I didn't cut ties with people that I just I can't. I don't even talk. It's people I ain't talk to in like two years. Family. Wow, Like I have to just let it go because it's it does not bring peace in my life. Peace in my life. You gotta go.
Speaker 1: I don't know who you.
Speaker 5: Are, and that's how I am. I'm I'm like that too. It's just like I do. It's people that I do genuinely miss, Yeah, like I missed them. I miss the relationship we had. I miss them, but I'm so cool I am, but I'm.
Speaker 4: I am so cool with it.
Speaker 5: It's fine, Like yo, I wish you the best, I wish you the best, but I am so I am so, I'm one thousand percent cool with it.
Speaker 4: I've cool you on that.
Speaker 3: No, And I think that's okay. You know, that's life, that's evolution.
Speaker 1: Grow, we do grow, we grow like I've seen it.
Speaker 3: I'm literally over here like I wanted to cry. I'm like, dang, like Red really grew up.
Speaker 2: Yeah that week, But isn't a beautiful listen?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: Red.
Speaker 3: You are a father, you know, And for fathers who are maybe trying to figure it out. You know, you guys have like really worked on this. But for the fathers that are out there because Father's Day is coming up, for fathers who are trying to figure it out with blended families and how to make things work, what is some advice that you could give to them?
Speaker 5: Man, it's hard, it's hard, and everybody won't be blessed with a toya. Come on, you know what I'm saying, Because because I don't think people realize the dynamic people go through trying to show up for their kids, show up for their wife, show up for their family, like different things like that. It's hard. It's just one I think we gotta take accountability.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: I chose to have a child with this person and we got we gotta get through this. Like it didn't work. We gotta get through this and just realize like, Okay, it's gonna be a sacrifice. Yeah, we can't. We can't sit there and just think everything go go our way. It's gonna be a sacrifice and you just gotta try to figure out what's you know best for the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think that men sometimes get discouraged from showing softness or commitment and emotional presence in our society?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, because we was taught to be hard. We was taught to be I just said this on our Couples Time episode. It's just I doe became. I got to the point where I be seeing them so sensitive when it comes to the kids, like rain can do something. I'd be like, look at this punk that I just know I'm a punk, Like like.
Speaker 2: She you know what I'm saying, Like really all of them like I just.
Speaker 5: My son, like and you know it's just we talk and we just talked to be so hard, be so tough, but it's just and I'm just saying for me, man, my kids, my kids is my everything. So it's just a special place in my heart that like they really can do what they want to do.
Speaker 2: Like it's just like no, it cannot in our house all the time. And they all really eyes when I when I step in, because the daddy is just gonna let them just it's ice cream at midnight if they up like they.
Speaker 5: But they and the thing is though, but the thing is every each one of my kids know and respect me. So when I say no, it's no. When I say they're not gonna play with me, they know when they getting over on me or whatever whatever, they know that because when I say do this or do that, it ain't no, They're not gonna play with that.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It ain't no thing where they gonna You know, they still have that fear of their father, you know what I'm saying. So the other stuff I'm allowing.
Speaker 4: And I know I'm allowing.
Speaker 2: You know because if I call me like I'm calling you that she respect her dad even though she runs circles around my dad. When I say I'm calling your dad, she gonna I know that's right. I love that. And it ain't like he gonna talk mean to well.
Speaker 4: What she do?
Speaker 1: What she doing?
Speaker 2: He's like, a, you know, like Rain do this. I'd be like Red is an amazing father. When I tell yesterday Rain had ice cream Social as school, it just be like the little things, like we don't miss nothing at our kids.
Speaker 5: This is offscript. I'm sorry, this is offscript. But she had I love the school she goes to. I love her school.
Speaker 4: What the hell is an ice cream soa anything?
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie y'all. Was like, we gotta go to what?
Speaker 4: I get up at three o'clock. I get up at three o'clock.
Speaker 5: I dropped forty five minutes back home, take a shower, About to take me a nap because I have to go back out. She said, we gotta go to ice cream Social. So I look at her like no, no, no, no. She said, we got to go to Rain school. She having something. So then I get dress and stuff. You didn't tell me.
Speaker 2: What it was when we was pulling up.
Speaker 4: When we pulled up, she said ice cream Social. I'm like what is that we go outside and watch our kids eat ice cream.
Speaker 2: We literally take the ice cream out of the pack, put it in a in a bowl, put toppings. It's a line of put toppings on the ice cream, and we washed them and any won't be bothering us.
Speaker 5: She was all the ways, gave me a hug, introduced me to our friend. Then they went and sat down.
Speaker 2: But if we wasn't there, it would have been my mom didn't come.
Speaker 4: No, my thing is why I had to go.
Speaker 2: Because we're we're a team.
Speaker 4: But no, since I didn't get it, I was so mad.
Speaker 2: I really should have left you out of that.
Speaker 4: I was so mad.
Speaker 5: And then the other dad that me and him, he said, man, I feel like I'm at a zoo somewhere, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Rains?
Speaker 4: School have all every week? Every week.
Speaker 2: They're not planting in a garden garden day. If they're not doing this that, I scream.
Speaker 1: Social.
Speaker 2: They're singing in the on the black top. They doing something something, They're gonna find something. I tell you, I love it. Though we're in the mayor be right there.
Speaker 1: Your kids.
Speaker 2: Look I missed this. You know I didn't have those My dad did, like come to like important things like a birthday and stuff like that, but stuff at school and stuff now. So they be looking like, dam y'all go to everything and raising none of that. I'll be like, oh, shoot, you didn't, baby, I was young. I barely made it.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: In closing, I do want to ask you both. I know you have a couple of time. Is there any more businesses?
Speaker 1: You have?
Speaker 3: The gym opening up? Is there anything else you can tell us? We want to make sure we can support you and get the word out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We do have our YouTube channel, it's called the Russian World. We do the series called Couple Time. There. We have our new wait no More studios, which is like not that far from here, is in Atlanta, open and real soon. We're gonna have our grand opening real soon.
Speaker 1: Make sure we get the invite. Will comes.
Speaker 2: I still have my I just did a rebrand of my before bedheads the luxury here tized and bonnets and stuff like that, so I'm trying to do something like different with that.
Speaker 1: Thank you for keeping us cute totnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta keep it cute at night. Yes, yeah, I really love when I want.
Speaker 1: I know that's right.
Speaker 2: And what else.
Speaker 4: That's we got a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm loving the content. It is so funny now that one where.
Speaker 1: We'rell on his leg and the next minute it was naked.
Speaker 2: I hollered my mother in last it. What are y'all doing? I said, I'm sorry, it was that's me. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Immediately said, well, you don't went all the way with this content. You don't got naked.
Speaker 2: Red. It's so funny though, y'all. Like he's funny without trying to be funny. So some stuff I'll be like, okay, let's do this, like and he'd be like okay, but then he brings me crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's so good.
Speaker 5: And she shut short and to go back to what you said. But I do want to give her her props or like she's been absolutely killing it this year. My baby was the Grand Marshal for Disney Black History Parade, Like that was that was insane, Like you know, and stuff she's doing with Disney and just major brands and stuff. But like she got a lot of stuff going on. She over here trying to downplay it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: Hot a five K with the Mayor and Montgomery this weekend, Like she.
Speaker 2: My little you know I'll be doing my pretty Girls walk.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love the walk it off.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna do that in Montgomery this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm proud of you. That is a nice thank you for hyping her up and.
Speaker 4: You I got take this time. I gotta take this time.
Speaker 5: See y'all know Crystal, I knows, I know, christ And I want to say I'm so proud of you. And you know, for the last few years you always get a random text and I tell you I love you and I'm proud of you just seeing everything you've accomplished. Now we got the hair care that is about to go crazy and just all the stuff, this, the pod, the movies, TV show.
Speaker 4: I am super proud.
Speaker 5: Of you, sitting down our conversations, hugging each other, being there for like, I really love with what you have done where you disguise the limit. I love your team. You got amazing team, and yo, I love I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, congratulations, thank you, thank you. I love y'all seriously, before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: In this season, we are leaning more into being unapologetic.
Speaker 1: That's what the hair care line is called.
Speaker 3: But it's called that because I am walking in a season of just being unapological, Like you said.
Speaker 1: I don't give up about what you say.
Speaker 3: This is I'm doing what's good for me in this season. For both of you, What are you most unapologetic about?
Speaker 2: What I'm most unapologetic about?
Speaker 1: Just me?
Speaker 2: For me, just being okay with saying no that was something that for the longest it was hard for me to do. I just be like, oh, but I could do it, but no, And I'm standing on that and I'm unapologetic about it.
Speaker 1: Period. I love it.
Speaker 2: If I don't feel comfortable with it, or if it's something I don't want to do, I'm moving in a season. If I don't want to do it and it don't feel right with me, I'm not doing that period.
Speaker 1: For sure. That's good. I love that.
Speaker 3: Oh what are you being unapologetic about?
Speaker 4: Like? Nothing?
Speaker 5: Like, whatever it is it is, I don't care, like I really don't care. I don't again if my family straight. That's that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 5: I ain't apologizing. No, Fine, you take it how you want to take it.
Speaker 4: Yes, you roll how you want to roll with it. It is. I love it, hey, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: That is what it is.
Speaker 3: I love you both and thank y'all so much for sitting down. I know our community loves you. Make sure you guys tap into their YouTube channel Russian World, watch Couples Time, and if you're in Atlanta, hit the gym, do everything whatever you can do, tap in with them.
Speaker 1: I love everything you are doing.
Speaker 3: You're doing amazing things and making an impact, and you keep it in positive Sweety while.
Speaker 1: Doing it, so we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Swedy.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: What I appreciate most about this conversation is that it reminds us that healthy love is not just about chemistry. It's about friendship, intention, growth, and choosing each other over and over again.
Speaker 1: Even while building publicly.
Speaker 3: Toya and Red have found a way to protect the foundation underneath it all.
Speaker 1: Thank you both for.
Speaker 3: Your honesty, your warmth, and for allowing us into your world. Thank you also for tuning into another episode of Keep It Positive, Sweety. Don't forget to download the season eleven kIPS reflection Guide at Chris ornehesl dot com. Subscribe and share this episode with someone who needs it. And if you ever need advice, positivity, or just want to share what you're going through, email us at Keep It Positive. Outcomes at gmail dot com. As always, stay blessed, stay encouraged, and you already know, keep it positive.
Speaker 1: Sweety. I'll see you guys next time.