Speaker 1: From Los Angeles and the PHP.
Speaker 2: One and only, world famous Perez Kilton. My friends, Welcome to our PHP. I'm Chris Booker, He's Perez Hilton. What is coming up?
Speaker 1: I really like it. Over the last few weeks, we've been discussing people that we don't typically talk about on the show, like the Foo Fighters, which are giving us even more drama. Also some really surprising more than one surprising things to share about Lana del Rey, an explosive Black China development. We have been talking Chapel Roone some more maybe disappointing Chapel Roone news to get to and whether you like it or not, we do have to talk some Diddy. But first, last week was really hard for me, just because you know, you have your your radio day job and you talk about other things and you're removed from it. But I'm here in my little bubble and it was like ditty overload and it's really draining, like you know that kind of content and reading all of the allegations like it takes a lot out of me. I'm really an EmPATH. So I was very excited to go see Sarah Silverman on Saturday night. I was like, oh my god, this is just what I need, some comedy, like a distraction. I get there and at the very beginning of the show, she tells us Tonight's show is going to be all about my mom and dad dying.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it was basically, I mean, it was stand up, but it was more of like a one woman show, literally all about her mother and father dying a week apart from each other. Okay, and it was so fucking heavy. I mean it was funny and beautiful, you know, poignant, hilarious, but I could not stop sobbing during and I'm looking around, I'm the only one fucking crying, and I'm like gonna really cry, Like I was getting uncomfortable, Like I gotta stop crying. I Oh my god. It was intense. So I'm still a little bit emotionally raw, but thankfully what I did to like cleanse my soul of that. I got home and then I spent like an hour watching all of the clips from Sabrina Carpenter's new tour that just kicked off. Yeah, and I'm obsessed, Like fuck, I'm so upset that she's not doing a show in Las Vegas because it looks so fun. Selena Gomez went to the show last night in New York City, and oh my god, she must have been like a little tipsy or I don't know what. Did you see that one video she posted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was putting on a little strip or pole act or something.
Speaker 1: She was serving.
Speaker 2: For sure, I enjoyed it. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed did too. I mean, you know, she was doing a mating call. That's what we that's what we just describe that as. It's a mating call. So how was your weekend in the last few days?
Speaker 2: My weekend was good. I was sex last week, so I sort of just kind of laid low, you know, I didn't really do anything. Did some cooking yesterday, and back in the saddle for a Monday.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's get right to it. You're back in the saddle. But Dave Grohl is not quite ready to get back in this saddle. Unfortunately, the Food Fighters were supposed to have a performance this weekend and they canceled. But what really upset people is they canceled and they didn't even apologize. Like the statement just basically let me read you the statement. It said, quote Food Fighters will no longer be appearing at this weekend's sound Side Music Festival. Please check the festival website for more information. They didn't give an excuse. They didn't give an apology. Obviously we all know why. But I think the very least that could have been done was we apologize for this inconvenience. We're so sorry for our fans. We love nothing. No excuse, no apology. And it's like he's making a bad situation worse because I don't know. I'd never heard of this Soundside and Music festival in Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Have you, No, never have. I think it's newer.
Speaker 1: Exactly, so I would think, you know, if you're a headliner at a fairly newer music festival, a lot of people are going just for you, and now they're not. They're not going. I wonder if they're I wonder I didn't check the festival website, like I wonder if people can get refunds.
Speaker 2: Well, the people that are filling in, they got Jack White.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack White and Greta Grete.
Speaker 2: To me, if I had tickets to that festival, I'd be like cool. I like both. So, But to your point, you're right, because they are the headliner, and you would expect a lot of people to go because they wanted to see the Food Fighters. I don't understand, like you said, how you can't say sorry for any inconvenience anything like that. I mean nothing, nothing. That's very odd.
Speaker 1: The good news, though, there is some good a glimmer of light for Dave Grohl. That was the last scheduled performance for the Food Fighters of this year, so he now has many months or I don't even know when their next show is, if they have any shows scheduled for twenty twenty five. But he can just be a new dad and figure his shit out. Yeah, kind of like chapel Rone. She's got to figure her shit out because she too, was supposed to perform this weekend. Chapel Rone was scheduled to headline. I think she wasn't the headliner, but she was. She was more exciting for people than the headliners, you know. Like when they announced this festival, she wasn't the headliner, but over the last few months she became the headliner.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another festival that I have never heard of before all things go, Have you heard of that one?
Speaker 2: Never? I know where's this one?
Speaker 1: Well, it's an interesting concept. It's a festival that was taking place in two different cities. All things go in New York City and in Washington, d C. And now this is a much better statement than the one Dave Grole put out. This is what she says to let her fans and ticket buyers know that she wouldn't be appearing this past weekend. Chapel says, quote, I apologize to people who have been waiting to see me in New York City and DC this weekend. At all things go, but I am unable to perform. Things have gotten overwhelming over the past few weeks and I am really feeling it. I feel pressures to prioritize a lot of things right now, and I need a few days to prioritize my health. I want to be present when I perform and give the best shows possible. Thank you for understanding the back soon. It's interesting the response is starting to shift a bit, and this is where I would describe it as. Having looked at comments that are all over social media from all the different news outlets that are reporting it, I would say that it's gone from being overwhelmingly positive of Chapel roone to being more nuanced now, people understanding that she's going through these challenges and having mental health moments while also simultaneously holding space for understanding and frustration and disappointment. And they're starting to voice their frustration and disappointment, especially because she, you know, announced this just one day prior. You know, if she would have announced it even sooner, people might have been able to get refunds on hotels or refunds on this or you know, if people that were going from out of town to these festivals, they could have maybe not lost as much money if they were going just for her. So she does have some shows scheduled this week. It'll be interesting to see if she goes through with them. And hopefully I would imagine that they're already planning like a giant tour for twenty twenty five, and I don't know how far in advance they need to do the routing for those things. But hopefully, you know, she gives herself enough downtime between shows to not suffer burnout next year. And interestingly, the festival released a statement which I have to read because I have an interesting thought afterwards. This is what the All Things Go Festival said, We're heartbroken to announce that Chapel Roan will no longer be performing at this year's festivals. While we know how much you were looking forward to the performances, it's important to remember that health and well being always comes first. All things go strongly supports artists prioritizing their well being, and we ask our community to rally around Chapel Roan with love and understanding. Let's continue to show the world that music fans support not just the art, but the artists themselves. They should not charge her. How do they handle this if you're the festival.
Speaker 2: This is such a soft generation now. Everybody's got fucking mental health issues. And look, I get it, but come on, you look at Taylor Swift. This girl does three and a half hour shows city to city all by herself up there, and what a machine that woman is. And you see these people, you know, they've been famous for fifteen fucking minutes, and it's like, oh, I can't take this fame. Then, I don't know, it's just this whole idea that no one can buck up anymore. Everyone's just tapping out. It's just, you know, life is hard. Getting somewhere is hard. It's a lot of work, it's a lot of sacrifice. And I'm sorry you feeling down that day. But I don't know. You know, if I sound insensitive here, I'm sorry, but it's just like, come on, this is like buck up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it. Like I've been burning the candle at both ends, as they say. Is that the expression?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know that's our careers. That's how I've always been my entire career. It's not by luck that you stay employed or that you can keep a ball rolling. You have to push that ball up the fucking hill sometimes, and it's hard. I mean there's days you just are like, good God, I need a fucking break. Yeah, that's what vacations are for. But the other time, it's like, get out there, get your big boy pants on, it's time to work. I don't know if I blame the people my age. They coddle these kids to death. I mean it's I don't know what's going on, but there's just no toughness in anyone anymore. And it's across the board.
Speaker 1: I see it everywhere.
Speaker 2: And granted I live in the softest place in the world in Los Angeles, so you know, maybe I'm seeing a different story than the rest of the country, but man, everyone feels soft.
Speaker 1: I also feel like, it depends on your trajectory. You know, Sabrina Carpenter has been working in the industry for a decade, literally ten years. So she's had this big explosion in twenty twenty four, but she had a long lead up to it and a history of you know, clocking in and being on set and being exactly.
Speaker 2: But Chapel's no nubie either, and she has been playing shows for a long time. So what the stage is forty feet longer than it used to be, That's what I don't know.
Speaker 1: That she wasn't playing as many you know, now she's doing a lot more. Yeah, okay, she's doing a lot more, and you know.
Speaker 2: And yeah, demand I get it. Yes, you know, maybe she bid off more than she could chew or her management did, you know. I don't know what the problem is, but man, the belly aching of this generation is just it's just different. It's all I can say. It's different. I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying it's different.
Speaker 1: My kids are not going to be that way because I already put my kids to work like I expect things from them. I have them make their own beds, I have them help clean the house, Yes I do. I have them make their own lunches for school. They have tasks and expectations, and they know that it's not even an option. They have to do this to help around the house.
Speaker 2: I didn't get the go play baseball until that grass was mode. Okay, Like there were things that I had to do. Yeah, and you know, if I wanted to go out and buy something, I had to go most some yards or go work at the grocery store. I hustled constantly as a kid. I don't see a lot of it anymore. You know, I don't even see kids outside anymore. That's the crazy thing. Like I live in this neighborhood where all of these parents put like their school signs in the yard like Proud Senior shamanad twenty twenty four, and I'm like, they have fucking kids. I live a block away and I've never seen the kids. I was out every day. We were tearing something up, vandalizing something, playing ball in the street.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's an la the phone.
Speaker 2: They're just like looking at the phone or video games or something. But it's wild how many signs I see, and I know I ever see kids riding a bike up and down the street. It's just it's a different day at least Terry, California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe in Iowa it's different.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe their parents throw them out and make them do things. But yeah, that does not happen here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: All right, on to Diddy. According to reports and his lawyer, he is off suicide watch and he has been visited by some of his children over the last few days. He's also, since our last show, been sued a few more times and will be sued even more. I've lost track of how many lawsuits there are now, but it's really fascinating because so many of the lawsuits share very similar allegations, you know, like he would drug my drink or the one that was most interesting to me was this one woman who sued him in New York. Maybe she was a sex worker or is a sex worker or not, but like he would keep like a coterie of girlfriends, and he would just pay them to be his professional girlfriend, so they would get like a salary, they'd have to be at his beck and call. And even the girlfriends, he would drug their drinks, according to them, and rape them and all of these awful things. And this is why I'm also down because I know this week is gonna be just as crazy. I feel like it's just the tip of the iceberg, like we're gonna continue to find out more and more and more. There was one lawyer that spoke to the media about a tape, a secretly recorded video with a quote high profile celebrity, which I didn't think that was true, but maybe it really is true.
Speaker 2: Whether they're shopping these tapes around or somebody is Who's.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna buy? Nobody's gonna buy that's illegal, that's.
Speaker 2: The thing, you know. I don't know, And how do you shop that. It's not like you could put it on Craigslast.
Speaker 1: Nobody's gonna buy that.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. If you're a rich chic and somebody says to you, hey, for a million dollars, I got a JLA sex tape.
Speaker 1: Wow, obviously, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: So you just asked who's gonna buy it? All right?
Speaker 1: But that's another thing that's been so difficult for me. It's like, I hate this gray area that I have to be in with Diddy, where it's like things seem so preposterous, but I have to contemplate it. Possibly being true, you know what I mean. It's like, holy boy, well it's.
Speaker 2: The whole weather smoke. There's fire, and that fire is blazing, and you know, it's hard to believe that it just was one little match that started it. This was many cans of gas that started this.
Speaker 1: I'm really curious, though, who else will be implicated outside of his staff. Like I keep hearing all of this chatter of Usher, Usher, Usher, It's like.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know about okay, or even Ashton Kutcher, well Ashton, yeah, but no, but more so than Ashton Kutcher. Jay Z, Yeah, what's up with that?
Speaker 1: I keep hearing the fucking jay Z chatter and it's like, oh, I don't know, but okay. And then there is this Suge Knight, fucking Sugar, fucking sug Night.
Speaker 2: I heard his call from prison. I know that was wild.
Speaker 1: He's in prison and claiming that Clive Davis would drug Ditty, gave Diddy drugs and had sex with Ditty, that Russell Simmons was also doing similar things.
Speaker 2: At first, this story, I just found everything to be very seedy. It is, it still is, yes, but now it's all of these other names. And at first I guess I couldn't see a path to how you're getting to those names. But now it's the videotapes and the recording of things, So I don't know. I think there's a lot coming. And then again, maybe there's nothing coming. Maybe you know, none of these videos or names will ever make the light of day, so it could be just a lot of speculation.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's focus on what we do know. Okay, Ditty's lawyer a joke of a lawyer. There's some conspiracy theory that Diddy purposely hired a bad lawyer to get a mistrial. I don't think so, because he would just get another trial and lose again, you know, and lose, like if the evidence is mounting and overwhelming.
Speaker 2: By the day and more accusations are coming by the day.
Speaker 1: There's nothing you can do. So his lawyer says that Diddy wants to testify because, you know, not only will he be able to share his version of events, but he will have to answer to everything, including that Cassie tape, which his lawyer says he's looking forward to addressing. Specifically, talking about the Cassie video from twenty sixteen, he says, Agnifilio said his client wants to address every part of his story, including what you see in the video.
Speaker 2: The guy thinks he's going to charm his way out of this or something. It's not going to happen. There's just too much shit.
Speaker 1: No, basically what I said on our patreon. On the patreon, I said that Diddy's going to claim with regards to Cassie that she was physically abusive to him as well, which is ridiculous. Okay, yeah, and that could just be a straight up lie. Also, the lawyer said that Ditty will not take a plea deal and gave the most ridiculous reason why. He says he believes he's innocent, and what's more, he believes that he needs to stand up not just for himself, for his family and for everybody who's been targeted by the federal government. And he went on and on and on, but I'm like ridiculous. Additionally, this one lawyer also says that he believes that Ditty is a The reason he was taken down and the reason he's behind bars is because he's black. This is what the lawyer says for Ditty. Let's switch our focus to the government. In my opinion, I'm just gonna say it the way it is no friend historically of the successful black man. Okay, And they start making this case, in my opinion, as a takedown of a successful black man. We're gonna go into his bedroom. We're gonna go into his bedroom because maybe we don't like the way he's having sex. Here's a man who made some of the most important businesses owned by a black man. Wah, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, they're pulling the OJ here, they're pulling a little bit of OJ and a little bit of Trump because Trump's like that. He forgets that Trump is so powerful that he can actually get away with his lies. He's not Trump, He's not a former president that can hide behind that sort of immunity. And I think there's a lot of that in the world now, like everyone just thinks they can lie their way out of things, and it's like no, Usually the truth catches up with you, and especially in a case like this, when there's so many breadcrumbs behind him, and you know, that's what the whole OJ was, the race card. You know, the racist cops and they planted all this evidence and blah blah blah. But you know, you can see what they're trying to do. They're trying to cast doubt. And you know, this is just a tactic. I don't think that the guy will ever see the light of day again, just by the sheer volume of accusations that are coming his way now. I just I can't see any judge letting him out of anything.
Speaker 1: Agree. But I'm curious. You know, if anybody that is listening is a lawyer, call us eight hundred two two one eight five. I understand the strategy that you're talking about. Cast doubt. That's all they have now, I get that, But what I don't understand is why are they doing that in the media. Well, that's part of the game, but I understand doing it in the courtroom. But how how does doing it in the media help? That's what I don't understand.
Speaker 2: You want to infiltrate a future jury pool if there is one. Look, this is their only move. I mean, the guy seems to be busted dead to rights with a lot of heinous shit, So you can't hide from the truth. You can try to fuzzy it up a bit, and I think that's what they're doing here.
Speaker 1: Well, this week there is going to be a major lawsuit filed according to this one lawyer who is said to be representing over fifty victims. Crazy there, and let's just move on. But one last thing about Diddy. Costco released a statement saying they don't sell any baby oil because the lawyer kept saying, Oh, maybe he bought it at Costco.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. They don't have baby oil at Costco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Costco doesn't sell baby oils. And also people have been falsely speculating the baby oils were actually GHB. I don't believe that's true. Yeah, the conspiracy theories are getting out of control people all right, Time to continue down our unsavory path today. Kim Richards some of you might know her from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She's not on the show anymore, but she is the sister of Kyle Richards and Kathy Hilton, and like Britney Spears, sadly, she was placed on a fifty one to fifty psychiatric hold, meaning she would detained involuntarily against her will.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Earlier this month, she was at a hotel. The details are fuzzy. She was at a hotel, caused a disturbance, was with her sister Kyle the police were called. They asked her to leave the hotel. She refused, so then she was taken by ambulance to the hospital and put on this fifty one fifty hold. She was said to be incoherent and clearly under the influence of something I don't know. And then she had been staying at her sister. One of you know, Kyle Richards is very rich, not just from the Real Housewives, but her husband owns that real estate agency and she's got multiple homes, and she had been letting her sister stay at one of her homes and then asked her sister to leave, but then she returned, and apparently she's been not a very nice house guest and has I'm guessing annoyed the neighbors because one of the neighbors called nine to one one Wow and the police and talked to Kyle, but they couldn't do anything about it because now she's the fucking squatter and they're like, you have to get her evicted if you don't want her there anymore, because Kyle doesn't want her there anymore. And it's just sad. It's her family has stopped talking to her for the most part. They've cut her off, hoping that tough love will help get her sober.
Speaker 2: Geeze, what a terrible situation.
Speaker 1: I worry for her. Also very troubling. The ex girlfriend and baby mama of Rob Kardashian, Black China, has been sued by her former boyfriend of nearly three years. His name is Twin Hector, and he alleges that she was physically abusive throughout their relationship, which, interestingly enough, is a claim that Rob Kardashian himself previously made in court. He claimed that Black China was physically abusive, especially when she drank or did drugs, And this guy says the same thing, and he even shares a photo of the alleged abuse that he suffered at her hands. He claims that at one point, that one time that we saw the photo of the aftermath, he was sleeping and in the bed she just started pummeling him, and you know, he's bloodied and swollen and just intense. And you know, I'm sure a lot of people are asking, well, why do you fucking stay with her for nearly three years? Because she's famous, some people just dick ride. You know, It's like the allure of celebrities really intoxicating. For a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I couldn't stay with the girl that beats my ass. That's too embarrassing. I would just have to roll right out of there. I don't care if she's famous or not.
Speaker 1: I mean I wouldn't, but a lot of people are willing to put up with a lot of awfulness. He's suing her now for ten million dollars.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I was with Margot Robbie and she started to beat me up, I'd probably stay with her for a while. I'd be like, you know what, I'm going to take this. She's fucking hot.
Speaker 1: He's suing her for ten million dollars and her crazy mother. People speculate that she often is under the influence herself. That tells you a lot about you know, Black China. Just looking at her mother?
Speaker 2: Is that Tokyo Tony?
Speaker 1: Yes, I love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a cool name. We got Twin rob here in Tokyo Tony. We got all kinds of fucked up names this episode. This is good, Twin Hector whatever, Yeah, like it matters.
Speaker 1: Tokyo Tony took to social media to say that it was she who beat up her daughter's boyfriends and not Black China. Gotcha but I don't know if I believe that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Anyways, speaking of beating up people, Naomi Campbell has suffered a very public embarrassment herself also, according to this government agency in the UK, an investigation found that she was stealing money from the charity that she founded, stealing money to pay for SPA treatments, to pay for cigarettes, to pay for fancy hotels. That charity has now been disbanded, it's no longer a charity in the United Kingdom, and she's been barred from the way that they're structured and set up in the UK is different. She's been barred for five years from working as a trustee in a charity there. Wow, okay, on too happier news. Hallelojeh, We're done with all the crappy stuff. Congratulations to Lana del Rey, the singer said I do to her gator boat tour operator, airboat boyfriend now husband. They got married down in Louisiana where Jeremy deu friend lives. They got married on the Bayou. They got married literally in the location where he runs his business. And obviously can't show you pictures, but I can describe it for you. They had a recept underneath this tent. When really rich people get married and they have tents, they're like fucking structures. It's like fancy, right, this is not a fancy ass tent. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This was a pop up that you'd take to the beach exactly.
Speaker 1: It was like one hundred dollars tent that you get at Costco where you don't buy lube, but you buy these tents. And it was pretty intimate, but not super small. I'd guesstimate based on the photos, maybe like fifty people there. Her dad walked her down the aisle. She wore a very traditional dress, which is very Lana of her. This is his second marriage, but her first. She's thirty nine years old. And my prediction is because it's Lana Delray, she did not sign a prenup, right, I don't think she rolls that way.
Speaker 2: Well, how long? What are you going to put the over under on this marriage? Two years? Because that's where I'm putting.
Speaker 1: They've known each other a few years, but they've only been dating a few months because he was in a previous relationship that ended in October of last year. Okay, that he was engaged to this woman. He was engaged to this woman for twelve years, and this woman now has spoken out to the press and said some very surprising things. I have to read to you some of what she said. Jeremy du Friend, the now husband of Lana del Rey, his former fiance things ended with less than a year ago. She says, I'm in shock because we were engaged for twelve years and he got married after one month.
Speaker 2: That would be like me dumping Kellen because we've been together that long and then marrying Lana Delray a month later. Yeah, I can see me doing that, But I mean, I'm still shocked this guy gets Lada Dalray. I mean, he's essentially running Bubba Gumps down there, and he gets a hot pop star. She's hot, she's so wacky. But you know, I'd put up with her. I think she's famous.
Speaker 1: But it's really interesting what this woman says. Next. She says, quote, he has always been a giver, so to have someone give to him, he deserves it. He is a very solid guy, all right, Like how nice? Like how beautiful? She says. His ability to love and care and protect people makes him so attractive. Wow, I'm just shocked, Like that's so nice of her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was reading our message board on Patreon and people were like, can you believe Lona del Ray's like with this ugly guy? And I looked at him. Bubba's like, he's not ugly. I mean, I wouldn't say he's Brad Pitt, but I wouldn't say he's any like less handsome than either one of us. I mean he's not like a troll or something.
Speaker 1: He is older, he's not.
Speaker 2: That old as he's his forties, right.
Speaker 1: He's forty six, and he's weathered. You know, he spends a lot of time outside the sud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I said, Bubba gub trip.
Speaker 1: Book, he's weathered. Congratulations to them, though, yeah, lucky fuck. You wanted me to mention this diet pepsi song from Addison Ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like it too.
Speaker 2: I think it's really good. Like I was absolutely expecting dog shit. I wasn't even like, oh, it's just okay. I was like, this is a good song, and it's a very good pop song, and she sounds good in it, and I was just kind of shocked that I liked it.
Speaker 1: I like it too. And actually this morning, before we started recording, I saw that Gamila Gabello covered that song.
Speaker 2: Today really already Yeah, today she.
Speaker 1: Covered it on the BBC Radio One Live Lounge.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited to continue to follow Addison Ray's career and see where things go next. I mean, I don't care that she's not the best singer. Neither was Selena Gomez, and I still loved her music.
Speaker 2: You listen, no one can sing anymore. Everything is auto tuned. I mean, the biggest stars in the world use it. Than if we were on the Patreon I'd tell you one that I was like surprised that he uses so much autotune, But everyone does it, and anything can be created in the studio, and pop music is as disposable as ever, And why not if you go in and buy a song and it's catchy and you can make something happen out of it. Fine, There's very few the Taylor Swifts or even the Sabrina Carpenters. You know, I think she's got a lot more talent than I thought that she did initially, because I think I gauged my opinion on her terrible Coachella cheerleading fucking performance. But seeing her in other things, I'm like, man, I like this girl, like you've really turned the page on. You know how talented I think she is. And she's got some you know, she's got some weather behind her.
Speaker 1: You know, I've always liked Sabrina Gart You have more music related news. Congratulations to Katie Pearry. Her new album did debut on the top ten of the Billboard Album Chart, moving forty eight thousand units. Thirty seven thousand of those were in pure sales, meaning she would not have debuted in the top ten if her hardcore fans did not buy the vinyls and she had eleven different vinyl variants.
Speaker 2: Eleven eleven yes, wow.
Speaker 1: But still, hey, you know what, she got a top ten debut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't mean anything. There's no songs anywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh no. And also by comparison, so like the number that I said, she debuted at number six with forty eight thousand, just like a month ago or less. How do you remember a few weeks ago Sabrina Carpenter's album debuted at number one with three hundred and sixty thousand units. You know, that's what you do when you're hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then also interesting to me, by comparison, you know, when you're hot, you debut at number one on the Billboard Album chart, and Future's new album has debuted at number one on the Billboard Album chart and it's his third number one album of the year. Impressive for his third number one album of the year. But what's interesting is Future is now tied for number three in the list of rappers with the most number one albums on the US Billboard two hundred album chart. Also tied with him at eleven weeks is eminem and Kanye West, and number two is Drake with thirteen weeks, and number one is jay Z with fourteen weeks on the number one position on the Billboard Album chart. But what's wild is all of these other rappers that I mentioned, I can name several of their songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can name twenty jay Z songs.
Speaker 1: I don't know one single fucking Future song.
Speaker 2: So we were he texted me what was that yesterday? Yesterday he gave me the number, and I was typing that as he said exactly that, I'm like, I've never fucking heard of one of these songs in my life. And he literally wrote the same thing, like, I don't think I've ever heard of one of these songs before, And you know, are you starting to think maybe I got a point with this whole fucking chart thing, like it really doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: Or maybe we're just really old.
Speaker 2: Now that is true, I'll give us the old card, but I still can name real hit songs that have come out in the past ten years.
Speaker 1: Well before we get to our last subject, a huge thank you to our new Patreon supporters. I'm I was almost gonna start crying because I'm so grateful to everybody who supports us. At Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton. You get a bonus episode a week and exclusive just for Patreon, and we are super active on the message board there.
Speaker 2: We talk so much more shit on that show because it's a little space that we feel is more private somehow because the general population can't grab it. You know, you got to be willing to pony up that four ninety nine. But it's a cup of coffee a month. And if you don't feel that the five hours of entertainment that you get from us a month isn't worth a cup of coffee, then I understand you not getting it. But if you can get it, because we have so much fun.
Speaker 1: Patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton Thank you to these new Patreon supporters Doll Babe, April Herron, Christina Juante, Robin Ponsalon, Lisa Laie, Ashley, Flora, Stacy Shawl, Barbara Montado, somewhere in Europe, Canada, Boone, Michelle Erdman. I was like so moved that so many people signed up. Joe Doyle who signed up for the year, bless you, Joe Doyle, Sarah Ann, Heather Edelman and Jessica Burke, thank you all, very and Ramar Robinson, thank you all very.
Speaker 2: Very much, and sorry that Perez butchered half of your name.
Speaker 1: I try, he does try. And finally, Lady Gaga released a surprise new album on Thursday night. It is I mean, she calls it a jazz album, but I wouldn't call it a jazz album. It's a the companion piece to the Joker film. And it's all covers. It's a covers album, okay with like live music?
Speaker 2: Is it like lounge?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, lounge exactly. There's there's no like beats, there's no program, it's no sense. It's all like just real instruments and some you know, iconic songs like get Happy.
Speaker 2: It sounds interesting like i'd put it on in the background or something.
Speaker 1: On a Sunday exactly she did. My favorite was she did this one Carpenter's cover, which I love. I love the Carpenters, and I really enjoyed the album. I thought it was gonna suck, to be honest, because she released a teaser. We talked about it on the Patreon. That song that I found out was the theme song to Kath and Kim. That was the one song I had never heard before. And it's just like, this is weird and I don't know about But the album, I really enjoy it. So congratulations to her.
Speaker 2: And she's got another album coming and yes, yes, I can't wait for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take some calls.
Speaker 2: HI.
Speaker 3: It's Alex from Alabama. I'm still catching up, but I'm always caught up. And I'm on the episode where y'all are talking about how Casey is the wreck this man's man when he lets his wife to stay with her, and I just like, my immediate thought was like, if I was her, I'd be like this, you can have him. You're not gonna be out here embarrassing me if you're gonna ruin our marriage for a woman that killed her baby, you can have him.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, I'm uh, I'm side watching. That's when she's got a show on and I pretend that I'm not watching.
Speaker 1: It, but I'm kind of am watching before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sidewatch shows all the time, and it's usually like her terrible fucking dating shows, because I'll I'll pop my head in every now and again to go who that bench. She'll be like, that's whatever, So it's like I need to I don't quite know what's going on, but I'm side watching the Menendez Oh.
Speaker 1: I asked you about that the.
Speaker 2: Other year you did, and I gotta tell you it's great. I mean, they did such a great job. They got great actors to do this, and they're really telling an interesting story that I'm sort of half in and out on. But I almost want to go back and like sit down and kind of really pay attention. But they did a really great job. So I see why so many people are really invested in this right now because it is a very hot show.
Speaker 1: Wait, so your fiance is not watching The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives.
Speaker 2: I don't know what she watches during the day when I'm at work, so she may have watched it already, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: We got to get you to watch that one because.
Speaker 2: She's home a couple of days a week. God knows what's on that fucking TV when I'm not here. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, guys, it's Renee calling from Washington. I was listening to your Patreon podcast talking about Nicky Garcia. I worked as a ficting advocate for thirteen years at the cross Caear's office, and I agree that they probably don't have enough evidence. If she's refusing to testify or have any part of it, she must not have or have injuries of any type. Because if there are injuries and police officers notice them, or there's a trip to the hospittle, et cetera, sometimes they will go ahead and file charges without the victims blessing, and a lot of times they will require the victim to come in and testify. If push comes to.
Speaker 2: Shop, Yeah, I guess that's the case here too. Like if you call the police on a guy, the police notice, like if the person's claiming, well he hit me, or and there's like a visible mark, that's it. There's a record of it. And you really got to go to a judge to get that untangled, and it's not easy. So if you're going to call the police on somebody for violence, there's going to be a trail anyhow of paperwork and it may never go away.
Speaker 1: Well, we appreciate you all, Thank you, thank you, thank you. Have a wonderful week, everybody.
Speaker 2: See you on Thursday. For the Patreon if you're subscribed. Take care,