Speaker 1: The volume. NFL Week one is here and the new season mean new ways to get in on the action. That Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL, fans have spoken, we want to bet touchdowns. Draft King hurt us and is delivering Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to do a touchdown dance of your own? New Draft King customers bet five dollars to get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly plus one month of NFL plus premium on US Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use coach Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks and get one month of NFL plus premium on us. Offer ends nine to nineteen only on Draft Kings. The crown is yours. Uh. The Bengals have reportedly banned reporters from filming players crossing the street to the practice facility. This comes after fans were making fun of the team online yesterday.
Speaker 2: O Jo, did you see this?
Speaker 1: Why are professional athletes having to cross the street to get the practice?
Speaker 3: I mean, why are professional athletes having the ride bicycles to get the practice and training camp in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: I mean, what what are we talking about here? I mean most of the time, Oh, your people don't have to cross the street. You just go this.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, it's not that. It's not that far a walk. It ain't it ain't that bad.
Speaker 2: I took it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that people just walk out with the fielding and the practice feeler is right there.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's then the practice fielder is still right there. It's not that far.
Speaker 1: No, y'all, Right, y'all. Right up front of the bridge, you can go to overpath. Hey, people in Cistcinnati, y'all want to watch the brown the Bengals practice. Drive right over that parking car and look right over the overpath and there they go.
Speaker 3: It's not that, it's not that bad. The walk is not that bad.
Speaker 2: I just asked you question. Could they do that? Yes or no? What you mean? Could they do what the fans?
Speaker 1: Could they park their car on the on the highway the overpath and watch you guys practice.
Speaker 2: It's a yes or no. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They used to come watch me all the time because I was entertaining.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not normal. No other team can you do that? Well, we have a bubble too.
Speaker 1: Now that's what it's cold outside. Y'all practice the main the majority of the time outside.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with that? You still can't stop us. You could watch all you want. You still ain't gonna stop us on Sunday, Man.
Speaker 1: Y'all was terrible for like one hundred years. O Joe, the Bengals we talk about.
Speaker 3: Now you can go up there and watch a good film.
Speaker 2: Practice all you want. You're still not be nobody feel practice. Even if you do, You're.
Speaker 3: Still not gonna stop our players. You're not gonna stop t Higgins. You're not gonna stop your Maain. You ain't gonna stop Joe Burrow. I mean what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: If that was the case, why they stop filming?
Speaker 1: Why they don't let y'all feel no more from the from the situation like Coach Belichick them then they used to do spikegg Why they stop that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yah you do though, Oh I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: You can you can expire me. I'm still I'm gona still rout your ass up there. There's a reason why they huddle. There's a reason why it doesn't matter, thought, Joe. There's a reason why. I mean, yeah, listen, it matters. It matters to some. To some that's gonna get it out of the mud, no matter what, whether you know it or not, you're finna get this work. I'm telling you what I'm getting ready to do, and I'm gonna go out there.
Speaker 2: And do it anyway. Not that's how I think now.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, to the masses and those that you know, it matters much more to They want an advantage as much as possible and not knowing what's going to happen. I felt good. I felt that off my chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all, y'all.
Speaker 1: I mean back in the day, you're like, y'all was bad, Like, Okay, I'm gonna send you the Cincinnati or I'm gonna send you to New England.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send you to Andy like oh man, damn.
Speaker 3: Listen, wouldn't nobody have a problem coming to Cincinnati right now, I'm just telling what I'm playing. I ain't playing right now, oh y'all. I'm just telling what they used back then. Are you talking about the past?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I mean that that's that's long gone. It's listen, Mike, Brown, the Blackburns, the family, Duke Tobin. They have turned the culture in that city around that franchise. They turned it around and it all started. It all started with one quarterback. It's amazing what a quarterback and do for you. Joe his naming Joe Blonde Burrough.
Speaker 2: Well you see what what do you call him? Peyton?
Speaker 1: They got a new stadium in Indy, Peyton Manning. We see what Tom Brady. He quadruple the worth the value of the Patriots. You see what Kansas City did with with with a homeboy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, hey man listen boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah right there right a quarterback and chair your fortune just like a great You see what Lebron did in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: You see what Steph did.
Speaker 3: Steph did in the Bay, in the Bay, Yeah yeah, absolutely crazy, absolutely Shoot, see what Ojo did in Cincinnati? My bad, my bad.
Speaker 1: Thinking with Cincinnati, Jamar Chase is reportedly tracking towards playing on Sunday against New England. Cincinnati continues negotiation with Chase side to get a contract extension done. He practiced today and yesterday with Cincinnati getting more sessions tomorrow. What do you think will happen here? Oh, Joe, will we see Jamar on the field on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Listen, this is It's tough. It's tough on Jamar. It's tough on me as a fan of Jamar. It's tough on me as a fan of the Bengals offense. It's tough on me as a fan of the the Bengals in general, because I understand the importance of Jamar and understand the importance of Jamar being a part of our offense for us to have consistent success and have a different outcome at the beginning beginning of the season. We normally, we normally start the season slow, you know, we always start out the gate on one, oh on two. And I think for us, I think we need to hit the ground running with a little different approach this year and probably probably try to start the season fast and get get to look get a few wins under our belt as opposed to trying to dig ourselves out a hole. I think it'd be imperative that a deal gets done for Chase, but I think he doesn't touch the field unless it is done because it.
Speaker 2: Would be foolish for him to play now o Jo, He's he's now. You know.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, if you held out, the team could forgive that. Those those fines, the team can't forgive those.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Rookie, the rookie under the current CBA, on your rookie contract. If the time that you do miss in season, they can get you, you're forgiving for those fines.
Speaker 1: If I'm not, I don't think so, Joe, I don't think fines can be forgiven now, I think that was the.
Speaker 2: New rule in the CBA.
Speaker 1: Nah, can fines be forgiven?
Speaker 2: We listen? Listen? Can I Can I say something real quick? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Jamar Chase right now is top three receiver in the NFL. Justin Jefferson has gotten paid, Ceedee Lamb has gotten paid.
Speaker 2: A J.
Speaker 3: Brown, Davonte Smith, Jaylen Wattle, Tyreek Hill. He is a Tier one receiver and out of the Tier one receivers, he's the only one that's gotten paid. So just listen to me real quick chat. So, yeah, he's a rookie, So listen to me. You want him to come back. Everybody's saying, oh, he had two years on his deal. Okay, you want him to come back. He's playing as a top three player, but you want to pay him on a reo contract. But you want the production that he's going to provide you to be that of a tier one receiver.
Speaker 2: Sure for sure. No no no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: That's not the way business works. That's not the way business works.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm all about doing things in good faith. Because if you're paying someone as a top player but they're not performing at the top level, what's the first thing they do to you?
Speaker 1: Unc Oh, we already know it's one side of they're gonna get your ass some out of that.
Speaker 3: They gonna get you a p out of that, or they gonna call you to the off and say, you know what, your production is not what it once was.
Speaker 2: We need you to take a pay cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's the thing, O Joe, and the process of taking that pay cut.
Speaker 2: Now, we're gonna take your money.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take fifty sixty percent of your money, but we still need you to make those plays like when we gave you the contract.
Speaker 2: Shit should please, rookie fines can be forgiven, O Joe.
Speaker 3: Te tot, I told you, I told you. But listen, I'm hoping. I'm hoping, uncle, they waited till the last minute with Joe Burrow. I'm hoping I'm hoping for the sake of my sanity. For my sanity, I hope a deal gets done. If it doesn't get done, I believe. I believe in T Higgins.
Speaker 2: T Higgins. I mean, I've been saying it since day one. T.
Speaker 3: Higgins is a number one receiver, which is why when he hits the market next year, he finna get a bag.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, O Joe, you need both of your number one because it doesn't do you any good to just have one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but oh listen, we have great depth. Now we have great depth. We have nobody.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody. Ain't nobody Chase as great as Higgins. He ain't chased. They're completing. They're too completely different. Ain't Chase. He can completely be different, but he ain't chased. Hold On, I don't like the way you talk about the dog.
Speaker 3: Now topive would you put him in top five? Higgins top man? Higgins top ten?
Speaker 2: Top five?
Speaker 3: Oh no, we have mathematics that you spelling is hard? Top he top ten though he that boy, Now, do don't do that?
Speaker 2: He top ten? You got damn right. What you want to do, what you want to do. Let's let's let's run it.
Speaker 1: Right now, I don't think. Don't play. Let's seehere, let's see where right, Let's go. Okay, let's go Chase. Is he chasing? No order, I'm just saying, no.
Speaker 3: Do the top do the top five? We know the top five? Right, Chase justin Jefferson, Cede, Lamb, Tyreek. Uh, let's say a j Brown. Okay, that's five, right, Okay, that's top five. Not let's go after that. Come on, talk to me.
Speaker 2: You put you put Tyreek in your top five? I just did. Okay, what about Davonte? Okay, Damonte, that's six.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking I'm not taking him over. Hold on, I'm not taking him over. Cooper Cup?
Speaker 2: You take it? Man?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh your stop. See that's why I ain't even doing them. I don't even want to play no more.
Speaker 3: Stop playing, man, listen, man, don't ever don't you hey, do me a favor, don't do me a fair, Do do me a favor, do me a favor.
Speaker 2: Man, No ever disrespect T Higgins like that. Man, you said Higgins better than Cooper Cup.
Speaker 3: Oh like we've we've been We've been fraying for thirty seven years. I don't want that friendship to be in about you talk about T Higgins like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't say tis bad, but he ain't better than Cooper cup.
Speaker 3: Two completely different type of receiversho.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, all the guys a different type of receiver, right, don't get to use that at all, that different type of receiver.
Speaker 2: Does he play the receiver position? Yes or no? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He good at it too, He good at it.
Speaker 2: T Chase Jefferson, uh C d.
Speaker 1: A J.
Speaker 2: Davante Saint Brown.
Speaker 3: Heymmn Rob he nice too, bro.
Speaker 2: Uh uh huh am. You got Higgins and you got Digs.
Speaker 1: I just want to hear you saying, because you say dig with your guy, you say yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah dig dig dig my dog there.
Speaker 3: Hey matter of fact, Hey Stepan, I know Stephan gonna see this, Stephan.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, homie like you my guy. Right if I don't get a pair of them A six that you got to collab with, it's on site.
Speaker 1: So we got right now, o Joe, we got left, we got Pookah, we got a yuk Oh, we got your guy, George Pickens.
Speaker 2: Uh. I don't I don't you know what. I don't like what you're doing right now. I just oh, Joe, I'm just giving you.
Speaker 3: But listen, listen, you put you put me in a tough spot. You put me in a tough spot right now. Now listen, I'm telling I'm telling you t Higgins is top top ten and you're gonna understand that after.
Speaker 2: You're gonna understand that during this season.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying what he's not gonna be after the season.
Speaker 2: I'm saying right.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm saying what he is right now. I'm telling you what he is. He's been that since clipsing. No, Uh, we can agree to this.
Speaker 2: What about your boy? What about your boy? Terry McLaurin. Oh, that's my dog. That's my dog. That's my dog, scary Terry. What what you talking about? Commanders? Baby? That's that boy.
Speaker 3: Hey, and you and you had you had you made me stand up on that one.
Speaker 1: So we still got Wattle, We got Devonte Smith. So I think I think somewhere with like top fifteen. But I don't know if he cracking the top ten. Oh, Joe, I don't. Honestly, you know what This is why I don't like numbers. I don't want I don't like anything happen to do with the number system and ranking players. When they're all good in their own right.
Speaker 2: Now you have it.
Speaker 3: You have the Tier one. You got them tier one dudes that are special, that can go to any team.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me.
Speaker 1: Mike. What we're gonna do with Mike Evis? Oh but hey, Dad Elsa, what we're gonna do with Gary Wilson? What about a Bart Cooper? Chris alb Bet you gotta stopped for your stop right now. I ain't playing, I ain't playing.
Speaker 3: With He's Hey, you see you see, you see how you just did that each name you call. I got excited. I got excited because I understand what deep. I understand what the Boys do. The receiver pool is deep.
Speaker 2: It's deep.
Speaker 3: But Ti Higgins that sinko. He topped ten. He topped ten. Hey, well we've just a little up. Pro Football Focus got him at thirty two. But we ain't gonna talk about it. We're gonna move on Pro Football Focus. Nah, listen, I you know what I like Pro Football Focus. I ain't gonna say nothing bad about them. I ain't gonna say nothing bad about them. But everybody has a difference.
Speaker 2: Where you go? Oh where you going? I was just over here.
Speaker 3: I go ahead, Hey, anyway, anyway. Chat Listen, that's a tough that's a tough conversation. Obviously, it all comes down to preference at time. Some people like, what's that why you got an Eagles helmet?
Speaker 2: Pro bo Urban Fry, Hey, urban Fry, he's still preaching. I couldn't tell you my Raven's helmet.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know you know what's bad? Can I tell you something? When it comes to memorabilia, I don't. I don't have none of my I don't have no memorabilia outside of these three jerseys. I got three jerseys I got framed Cincinnati, I got a Patriots one, and I got a Dolphins one. Even though I was there for three days, I still got a Dolphins. Will sit up there because I'm from Miami, and yeah, I don't have no memorabilia. Chat people that are in the chat. If anybody can find where my Hall of Fame jacket is that I wore against the Ravens that night we played them on Monday or Thursday night, that I wore over my shoulder pads. If anybody can find that, I'm willing to pay ungodly amounts of money to get that jacket back so I can frame it.
Speaker 2: Please, if you guys can get the message out there.
Speaker 3: Anyone that knows anyone that has that jacket, I would love to have it back. I'll pay whatever it needs to be paid. That's a one of one. That's the one on one, and I really like that back.
Speaker 2: Please. You didn't trade help me, said the pro bowl. I did. I don't know where they at.
Speaker 3: I don't know where they at, you know, and I hate that people that have traded with me, people that have traded jerseys with me. If you happen to see this, I just want to apologize. I don't know where nothing is at.
Speaker 2: I don't I got something for you, O Joe, what's that? How much would you pay me for this? What's that? A gator?
Speaker 3: I can go out myself. Hold on, I can go down the street and get one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, killed myself. Oh but he's still alive. You ain't. You ain't kill that killed.
Speaker 1: Himself twenty twenty two, Right to the No, you didn't.
Speaker 2: I hate them, man, I told you I killed the gate. He ain't killing no gator. Body.
Speaker 3: Show me the footage. Show me the footage that long time befolks camera phone. Okay that then you're lying in and the gator.
Speaker 2: I ain't here here no more.
Speaker 3: Nah, I need to see the footage because I know, I know they had they had v V keg had camp quarters back then.
Speaker 1: But I tell you what we can do. We can go we go to the super Bowl. We can go down there, we go what do you call them? What?
Speaker 2: Go catch one in the swamps in the box. I can go to the swamps right here, Everglades ain't right down the street.
Speaker 1: Uh nah, damgn no fun. I want to go down to the bayou. What the what the swarm people we got?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: We got the same thing here, but we got we got alligators right here to open like a canal.
Speaker 2: They be crossing the street and all I.
Speaker 1: Don't want them. I want to go down there and get the boat. I want to go with big leads. Get me one.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got the air boats right here, man in the Everglades. We could do that here.
Speaker 3: No, we got we got the we got gator farms, crocodile farms.
Speaker 2: No, it ain't no fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can wrestle with them. You can't even rod with him in the Bible.
Speaker 1: Let me ask your question, why would I want to go shoot fish in a barrel? I want to go in this habitat. I want to go where he at.
Speaker 3: That's why I said the Everglades.
Speaker 2: You don't know about the Florida Everglades. Oh Joe, We're gonna be in New Orleans for the No see the gate. The gators in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: They soft the real gators out here.
Speaker 2: Now I'm talking about baby talking.
Speaker 3: About I'm talking about fifteen eighteen for crocodiles.
Speaker 2: They ain't got no crocodiles.
Speaker 3: Crocodiles though, living alligator We got crocodiles and alligators.
Speaker 2: You got alligators.
Speaker 1: We got crocodiles too. No, you got no crocodiles. Crocodiles will live here.
Speaker 2: How you gonna tell me? Huh cause I'm telling you all right, Beck.
Speaker 1: That's time for our news segment, Money Moves sponsored by Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: Guess what we got animation two hey hey.
Speaker 1: Ah and much intesimate and it's much anticipated return charges Head coach Jim Harbass starts the seasons with high expectations. Harbaugh is cold favorite and plus eight p fifty to win NFL Coach of the Year at Draft King. That's time with Chicago Bears head coach Matt Iberflus for the best odds to win the award coming off a national title at Michigan. Odds makers are clearly buying that. Jim Harbaugh. What Jim Harbor is selling? Oh Cho, what's your expectations for the Chargers this season?
Speaker 3: I think the charge are going to look completely different than they did last year. I think they're going to look completely different than they did last year. My only issue is concerned are the weaponry that the quarterback has at his disposal. Quinn Johnson, I know you might see this, but I need you to show up and show out the inconsistencies that I've seen on film from training camp, you know, the drops. I mean, all that is fixable. I just need you, brother, the brother come out there and show out. They let Kenny Allen walk, they let Mike Williams walk because you're next in line.
Speaker 2: You're next up.
Speaker 3: The organization is telling you you are the man that's next in line to take over as the number one receiver. I need you to play like a week one from that point on.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: But as far as as far as Harbaughs is concerned, everything he touched turns the goal when it comes from from a coaching standpoint and the teams that he coaches, it turns the goal. So I expect the same thing to happen there, and I think they gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: And normally happens quick.
Speaker 1: You look at San Diego, You look at when he went to Stanford, when he went to Michigan, now he's I mean when he chargers. You look at normally the first year, there's a drastic turnaround John when Jim Harbaugh takes over the program, and so I don't expect anything. He had a quarterback that can make every throw. He's a lot more athletic than you give him credit for. Now, it's gonna be interested to see how they rather. You know, they lost Eckler. He went to the Commanders. He was the guy that could do it everything. He could run the ball well, caught the ball extremely well, out of the backfield, run the gold line. He was a lot tougher runner than people gave him credit for. They got they got some people. I think the question is their defense. I'm disappointing their defense when you look at what they got defensively, stars they got both broke his hand, so he's gonna be out.
Speaker 2: They got Derwin James, They got.
Speaker 1: A Khalil Mack that. You know, they got a Santae Sam. You think they got talent out the Why y'all giving up plays like that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I do think Harvard is going to turn this team around. They're the look Kansas City is in that division.
Speaker 1: We know right now starting off his favorite, they're the favorite to win the division.
Speaker 2: Again, what's what six seven time? I mean maybe the time they wanted.
Speaker 1: I think they wanted the last two years with Alex Smith, and you know they wanted every year since Patrick Mahoons has been there starting quarterback. So but do I do I think the expectations? What do you think? Nine and seven? Tenant, excuse me? Ten and seven? Nine and eight? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What do you think the record could be? I like, I like ten and seven more.
Speaker 3: I'll go north in the direction to ten and seven, Okay, simply because they have a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Simply because they have a quarterback.
Speaker 3: And anytime you have a quarterback, you have a chance at winning winning more than goddamn eight or seven games.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Speaking of Michigan, Sharon Moore is then his first full season as head coach of Michigan, and somehow OCHO he's still working on a contract. On Thursday, Michigan Athletic director confirmed that More and the university are still working on a deal. Several of his assistant coaches are also without contracts.
Speaker 2: Where they do that at I mean they don't do it anywhere.
Speaker 3: But the fact that you know, because of the entity that you are working for, it ain't gonna be no post dated check. So you know when that when that check does come, it's gonna clear. Just I mean about we talk about Michigan. Now another small it was some other small company I can't trust. Now you now you know your money coming when it comes to Michigan. Oh so that check gonne clear?
Speaker 2: So you so you work, so you so you work. You're working for free.
Speaker 3: I mean you're not working for free, but you're gonna get paid for the work you put in. There's a difference. There's a difference now. But as you know that, because we talk about Michigan.
Speaker 1: Did Horbor? Did Horball work with our contract? So how long did Horball work without a contract? What about coach Saban? What about Dabbo? What about Kirby?
Speaker 3: They working, they're working on they're working on mster More numbers and.
Speaker 1: The man had the job for six months? So Joe, what you mean you're working on his number? Who takes a job and you're still trying to figure it out six months later?
Speaker 2: How much I'm gonna pay you? I don't know. I'm just telling you. I'm just telling you if I was.
Speaker 1: Chat am I out of line here. I'm trying to figure this out. So hold on, when did Harba I get the job? When the Harbor I get the job? At uh At said at the chargers because maybe it's me. Maybe it's maybe it's me. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's me, guys, because you know, sometimes I have a have a sometimes I have a propensity. Right he got harb I got a job January twenty four when with Sharon Moore named head coach at Michigan. He was named head coach January twenty sixth, March, April, May, June, July, August. Here we are September, so we've had eight months.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know who else doesn't have a contract that is deserving for the work he's put in and going to put in.
Speaker 2: Jamar Chase. Jamar Chase has a contract. Oh yoe, he got two years, not for the contract he signed. That's not comparable. It's not enough. No O Joe.
Speaker 1: But you said he'd had a he doesn't have a contract. He actually does have a contract. He has two years left on the contract that he signed on this rookie deal.
Speaker 2: Sharon Moore does not have a.
Speaker 3: Contract at all, at all period, no contract. Trying to work out terms. They're trying to come to an agreement. So the man was an intern.
Speaker 1: How many games the Harbor miss three four, so he missed three games, So you saw an intern. He kept the ship and flow. He was your OC called the National Championship game. You won that game. You name him head coach on January twenty sixth, and you didn't work out a deal in February, March, April, May, June, July, August, and here we are in September. Yeah, they would do that. Didn't know what They've never done.
Speaker 2: That, right?
Speaker 3: You think something else is going on that we don't know about.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on, but I just know tho other I know other coaches don't have to go through.
Speaker 2: That, right what? Okay? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to make any speculations.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's me, Maybe it's maybe maybe maybe maybe it's me. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's me. Maybe I h.
Speaker 3: Who's that you know who the athletic director is at Michigan because we could always send him a little message.
Speaker 1: I just I just thought, someone starts a job, you have the agreement.
Speaker 2: Okay, here, this thing, it's already is already in place.
Speaker 1: Yes, who takes a job and like, okay, here we are.
Speaker 2: I mean, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: This ain't just any job now, so let's let's let's let's try this. Put yourself to mister moore shoes if you were in his shoes. Are you not taking the Michigan job because a contract has not been fulfilled yet?
Speaker 2: The contract the contract is worked out before you take the job. That's why you take it.
Speaker 3: Okay, but this one hasn't been worked out. Are you going to say, you know, I don't want to coach for Michigan because the contract hasn't been worked out.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just I just want to see.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just asking not going to take the job because the contract hasn't done yet.
Speaker 2: The contract would have been done.
Speaker 1: There's first of all, the contract is don't be done before.
Speaker 2: You take the job or take the job with no contract, Oh choe. So you're saying you wouldn't take it, Oh choe, the contract would have been done before you fined. If I'm just I'm hypothetically speaking.
Speaker 3: If you were in his shoes with the opportunity that is presenting itself to coach the Michigan Wolverines and it wasn't in place, would you take it or not? You would say no, agent would never let me take a job in which the contract would not contract was done, Oh Joe, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: That'd be like that'll be like you said, you know what, I'm gonna get married with no pre nup worked out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna work on that at a later day and time you doing that.
Speaker 3: Me, you're talking to me, Yeah, but but see my situation when you when it comes to that using I mean for better context.
Speaker 1: Real says Okay, oh Joe, we're gonna get mad. We're gonna work out the contract. We're gonna work out the pre up. You like, Okay, Real, we can work out the pre up at a later dayton time. Whatever we're gonna do, we're gonna work out there at a later Dayton time. And here we are eight months say, so y'all been dating three and a half four years, and so now because Ron Morri has been there for a minute, he's been to O C. And so now eight months until your marriage, ain't nothing been signed, Ain't nothing been settled?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That that that's me doing that because I'm gonna make sure if he tried to leave me, I'm going I'm leaving with half.
Speaker 2: I ain't sign this ship that's between.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, like a forget what you're saying. I get what you're saying. It's just listen, this ain't no no regular program. This ain't just no regular moregregious Michigan. That's and that's why you know what, you know what that thing's gonna happen. I think the fact that we're talking about it, I'm sure other people are talking about it as well. When the numbers do come across, we're gonna be like, oh, now we see why it took so long. Now they get dabble money.
Speaker 1: He's not going to get Oh Joe's first, your coach about to get no.
Speaker 2: Twelve million?
Speaker 3: Stop, let's bet oh lord, I bet I bet he getting I bet he hit double digits.
Speaker 2: Though I bet he don't bet one hundred dollars. I bet you a hundred better hundred. Okay, bet one hundred dollars. Okay, bet bet?
Speaker 3: And what what College Michigan played already?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: They played last week? Yes, and they play again. I guarantee you have a contract in place, and I guarantee it is no is noor of nine million before week three?
Speaker 2: Ocho.
Speaker 1: First of all, you said it's gonna be double digit. Last I checked. Nine is not double digits.
Speaker 3: But okay, I said north north of what is north of nine million?
Speaker 2: You said north? You said double digits? Okay, north of nine million, it's ten. But the fact of.
Speaker 1: The matter is that this is a blue blood program, like you said, it's not some it's.
Speaker 2: Not some.
Speaker 1: Small school, right right, This is a pre eminent program that probably spend one hundred million, two hundred million or two one hundred plus million dollars athletic budget. If you mean to tell me you've had this man working recruiting.
Speaker 2: And he doesn't have a contract, yeah, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: I guess listen. I mean I see it from your point of view. I also see it from another point of view, with the opportunity that that presents itself at hand, working for this historic, prestigious university. They're going to take care of me at some point. They don't have me that Why haven't they taken care of me? Because what do you mean? How do you know that? Because this ain't This ain't seventy eleven, This ain't eight and m this is this is the universe. And I know they finna cut that check. Oh Joe, yes, sir, you understand. I totally understand what you mean, though, I totally do. I promise you I do. I don't know why it's going on. I don't know what they're waiting on, but I'm just saying, if the opportunity presented itself, if I was missed the more with great understanding that it might not be done now, but I know they're gonna make sure. Shoot, Listen, you think eight months long? Let me ask you a question. You think eight months long? How long you think I make? How long not to put my personal business out there? You know I made real wait nine months, befolks, she even could get some but and you think that's long, But no difference. She had to work for that. What if what if Rail had to pay you for sake? And say well, oh Joe, hey, I will pay you in eight months exactly. You see how you looked at you exactly right right now now now now when you put it like that from a context, because I don't, I don't. I don't lay down for free. Are you right back there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's my only thing too.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, normally when you like, okay, you come in for a job interview, Yeah, okay, okay, Well how much does the job pay?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: What are you one of my expectations on the job? What's the job hours, what's the whole what's the work schedule?
Speaker 2: Old time over time? Is that? Okay? Do I get health benefits? Okay?
Speaker 1: Do I get you know PTO? I've come in with a job. I need ct O, choice time off. You know what I'm saying, take off, so all those things I'm working out. Okay, mister sharp, you got the job? Okay, thank you? Oh what I got a job? How much did a job pay? I understand sometimes like medical, it could take thirty to sixty days before you get medical. I get that, but that ain't taking No damn ain't much for me to get no patch yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, I don't I listen. I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar with these type of situations, being that I've never been in a position to be a coach or work at a university like Michigan, So I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Maybe if I was Paul feine Bomb, I have a better answer for you, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But I do think he's gonna get paid, and it's gonna be north of ten million. They're not gonna they're not gonna play with him, especially Waiting. It's goddamn loan a north of nine million, my bad.
Speaker 2: Hell, that's what harp I was making.
Speaker 3: Nor maybe about thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 1: Coach sable with the highest paid I think Kirby is the highest paid nine at twelve. Who's ted paid at a college coach? I think Kirby at twelve because I think DApp will make like ten eleven Kirby is at thirteen? What is the guy in Alabama? He got about ten?
Speaker 2: Right? He got ten? Yeah? All right on Joe Kayler.
Speaker 1: Williams hasn't made his marketing in the NFL just yet, but his college legacy is cebmented forever. USC announced he's getting his number thirteen retired and his two years in the program, he completed five hundred and ninety nine passes, eighty one hundred and seventy yards seventy two touchdown. It is a tradition for Southern Cali to retire the digits of all Heisman winners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of Heisman winners.
Speaker 1: My former colleague at Fox Reggae Bush, who recently had his Heisman reinstated and returned, is getting his number five enshrine as well. Congratuaging well deserved and exciting of a running back as we've ever seen in college football.
Speaker 2: The NCAA did the right thing.
Speaker 1: They reinstated it, returned this trophy, and USC did the right thing what they do for all their Heisman winners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are their jersey. Yeah, that's dope, That's that's really live.
Speaker 3: But what happens if you continue to have so many Heisman winners when you run out of numbers, Hey, hey.
Speaker 2: You won't get that number.
Speaker 1: You ain't getting five, you ain't getting thirteen, you ain't getting eleven, You're not getting three, You're not getting thirty three, You're not getting thirty two.
Speaker 2: Cars Di Min Garrett win the.
Speaker 1: Hosman, Carson Ward three, right, Carson Worthson, dogs White number twelve.
Speaker 2: You ain't getting that. You ain't getting level. That's Matt Lioner.
Speaker 1: You ain't getting thirty two, that's Marcus thirty three is an OJ.
Speaker 3: Well shit, dang gonna have no goddamn numbers left for the damn players to play in ship.
Speaker 1: Huh Hey, USC had a run.
Speaker 2: Hey that was running back? You for real? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there were OJ that with Mike Gadd, with Charles White, they were Marcus Allen. I mean like a ten year fan. Yeah, they stray. They had four Housmo Trophy winning running backs. And then you get Carson, and then you got Matt Lioner, then you had Reggie.
Speaker 2: Now you got a Caleb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's dope, that's live. Yeah, that's lie. I just know one thing. They are running out of Jersey. I think certain players, certain people will go there and want to continue on the tradition of wearing their number from high school in college. I mean, USC wouldn't be a choice to go, especially with some of those single digit numbers like you had.
Speaker 1: After the university and the Universal asked the players Clemson retired. Steve Fuller had the number four. Shan wanted that. DeShawn asked Steve Fuller. He said, I would be honored for you to wear the jersey.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the dope. That's dope that you can do that. Now that now that And he did the same thing when he got to Denver. I think Frank Schapuka war number eight or eighteen. They took it down. Soe nobody want to wear that to in SA Battle State dance?
Speaker 2: Is no damn you gonna tell him? No, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, that is that is the joint. That is the joint between Sabato State and Shanna Shark. We both have to be an.
Speaker 2: Agree okay, but why would you why would you even walk that pressure?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you that boy, Listen, a lot of players are picking single digit numbers. And most of the time when I was growing up, if you were a single digniting number, you like that, you are him. So if anybody's trying to do it now when in today's game, and I see, especially in college, I see players with single digit numbers and you not him, and you're not showing up the way you should be with that single digit on, I'm like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Even before? Oh? Joe that number number two.
Speaker 1: Even before they officially retired it, Coach Davis wouldn't even give it out.
Speaker 2: They didn't even order the jersey. They wouldn't even order it.
Speaker 1: Macki, who was the equipment manager, say, you actually think somebody gonna be worried they of wearing that jersey? He said, long as I'm here out, there'll never be a number two. I think the let the year after I left, somebody took a picture in it, and Macan like, how the hell you get that jersey? He ain't never say so, there's only one picture with somebody in number two after nineteen eighty nine. I want eighteen sixty eighty nine after that out of circulation. And then when they.
Speaker 2: Retired it, yeah, oh no as it now, I don't even well, First.
Speaker 1: Of all, my son would have never want you know, he didn't want He wouldn't. He wouldn't even want to wear that dumb. He want his own numb. He want his own identity, right, And I understand that, but no, but it's it's like I said, a lot of teams like I said, uh, Deshaun, when you went to Clemson that number was retired. Steve Fuller that number was retired. Yeah, ask him, he said yes. Peyton asked the Chabuka family. They said yes, we got to family.
Speaker 2: He said no. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He says he got to be somebody special coming coming out of high school. Yeah, to want to wear a single Disney number, to wanna wear Caleb's number, to wanna wear Rady Bush's number as a running back or maybe a.
Speaker 2: Receiver of some sort.
Speaker 3: You gotta be really, really good coming out to be able to ask and get that permission from him.
Speaker 2: Whether if you not, they'll probably say no. Ocho, check a look at this.
Speaker 1: Okay, A dad through a fit, saying this generation doesn't care about families when a woman refused to switch seats with him on the plane.
Speaker 2: Ocho, let's watch the video. Uh oh.
Speaker 4: A woman who paid forty dollars an extra for her specific seat on a flight. How did dad try to guilt trip her into switching seats?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: This woman named Riley says she always pays extra to have a specific seat. On this flight, she'd upgraded to window seat near the front of the plane. While she was settling in, she saw a couple walk over with two kids that were between about the ages of five and ten. Years old, she felt someone grab her shoulder, and it was the dad in the family. He had learned that no one was sitting in the middle seat of the row behind Riley. That dad then demanded that Riley moved to the middle seat and the row behind her so that the family could all sit together. But her role concern was that she didn't want to sit between two people, especially after she'd paid extra for the right not to because he had the audacity. This made the dad even more upset, and he went on a rant about how this generation just doesn't care about families. Riley tuned him out and refused to move.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can see both. I can see both. I can see both parts. I can get all of them.
Speaker 2: Stay with me, Stay with me now, I can.
Speaker 3: See both parts about wanting to sit with your family, I understand that. I understand that now, depending on who you act, depending on how you asked the individual, especially a father that wanted to sit with his kids, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get that part.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: There's certain people that would move even there were certain people that would move just so someone could sit with their family.
Speaker 2: Because I've done it before, I do that's have you.
Speaker 1: Moved to a worse seat. She got a window seat and gotta go sit between two people. Well, if you want to sit with your family, so bad, book the ticket in advance and by the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that I don't like his approach, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like his approach to the to the way he asked, and I'm sure he probably didn't ask in a manner and.
Speaker 2: What she would have thought.
Speaker 3: You know what, let me move, even though I have to sit between two people because he's with his kids. I'm sure it was probably wrong.
Speaker 1: Hold on, so you want me to be uncomfortable for the length of the flight so I can accommodate a family?
Speaker 3: Hey, you know, listen, some some people with it, some people ain't. I kind of I kind of.
Speaker 2: Check this out. I kind of.
Speaker 3: I kind of see both sides though, because I move on a few flights for families before.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what you flow you Okay, A man sitting with his a man sitting his wife is in first class, he's in coach. He comes, he comes you sitting by his wife in first class. He said, Oh, Joe, this is my wife. You mind if I see here? I'm in twenty four f He wanted to sit with his family. Hold on, are you tripping? You do realize that fly on spirit I always sit oo oh jo, stop because I booked some flights. Okay, so yes, that's different.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not what you're saying. People want to sit with their family. I'm asking you. A guy, his coach, you in first class, his wife is sitting next to you. He says he wants to sit with his wife. You give it up your first class ticket to go back and coach?
Speaker 2: Yes or no? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I probably would, man stopping, I would. I mean that, that's just that's just me. I'm just saying I would, especially if he got a window seat. I don't care what you let the man sit with his wife.
Speaker 1: He should have bought that seat. If you want to sit with his wife, chat chat. Let me ask you this, how many people purchase the first class ticket gonna be willing to give that ticket up to go sit and coach so somebody in coach can come sit by a family member.
Speaker 3: Really, I mean, based on the scenario you just gave me sitting the next if you want to sit with his wife, yeah, I probably probably moved. That's just me. Once I got my earphones, and I got my phone and the WiFi connected.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck. Well I'm sitting there. Uh, I'm not giving it to listen the protocol, the normal rule of thumb. In order to get somebody to move, you need to give them a comparable seat or a better seat. You don't ask someone to move from a window an out to a middle seat. You don't ask someone to move first class to coach. Right now, I'm not saying hey, if that's what they want to do, but to say, hey, I know you paid, I know what y'all know what first class tickets costs.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, can you uh? I want to sit next to my wife.
Speaker 1: Well you should have bought the ticket, but I bought this one and I ain't MOVINGNK.
Speaker 2: That's rude, man. You see how you just said that. You see how you just like I will say it just like that.
Speaker 1: If you think I'm about to get my black ass up and I know what I paid for first class tickets. If you think I'm about to get my black ass up and give up my first class seat to go city coach, brother, you know how long it's benc I have missed a flight because the flight this is like, mister sharp, we have no more first class, but we can get you on this fight. And coach, I said, what time the next flight leave? Says leave it in two hours. I said, I'll be right over here in the corner. I'll be right over in the corner. I'm not doing it. Oh, how dout?
Speaker 2: What's your fight? Bro?
Speaker 1: Their first class tickets be two and three thousand dollars from here to New York. And you think I'm about to give up that seat. I look every time I get I look. I want to I want I want the owl because I didn't look at my kidney's bad. So I got to go to the bathroom. And I don't want to be stepping old people. I don't want to put my ass on nobody's face, and I don't want to put my other private part of nobody's face. Excuse me, excuse me. I'm knocking juice down, They folding the table up.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: So I just get my black ass up and go to the bathroom. Because I got a window seat. I don't do ball, kid right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can't got no leg room? Hey on?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But when I think about it, and I mean you know me personally, and if you're in the chat, if you follow me throughout the year, just in general, you know how I am. You know I live a very very simplistic lifestyle. I don't I don't really really care much about it, especially especially in this in this scenario, in this case, you know, I honestly all bullshit aside knowing me, I would probably move just knowing me, especially on the scenario that you just gave me, not the one we talked about originally on why we're talking about the topics about the wife and coach. Listen, when I'm on if I got if I got Wi Fi, and if my phone working, I got my headphones, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Nah, give me, hey, give me what I paid for this seat. I probably see this seat with three thousand break bread. Damn. Go look up a first class flight on Delta from LA to to New York. Look it up, Google it and see what it costs.
Speaker 2: It is high. It must have been a holiday. Go look it up and see what it costs.
Speaker 1: So that's what he's gonna have to come out of his pocket with right there, and I still ain't moving. He knew when he got his ass on that flight. He wouldn't sit next to his wife. They're gonna try to guilt tripia. He excuse me, buddy. You know my wife is up there, okay, and I'm gonna keep a coming for you.
Speaker 2: What's her name? Betty? Hey, Betty? How you doing sam back there?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: I tell you what. Oh Joe, how about this here?
Speaker 1: How about Betty get her ass up and go sit back back next with you and let the person let somebody come next to me.
Speaker 2: Man, that's that's good. That's a good.
Speaker 3: That's a good that's a good scenario. That's a good snack. Please, that's a good scenario.
Speaker 1: Now, No, I ain't doing it. Y'all know good well, y'all wouldn't say head of the thing. Oh Joe, they do good well. They wouldn't sitting together when they got dance on the plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean listen, Maybe they bought the tickets in a way where it wasn't it as expensive. They found a way to finagle the system. Yeah, yeah, it ain't gonna happen. Yeah, that's probably what they did.
Speaker 1: And show it is want all my snacks because when they come around with the hot food, Betty go, she gonna be y'all she gonna be getting my plate. I ordered the rabbioli or the breakfast whatever, whatever Shelley d was necessary.
Speaker 2: I want all that.
Speaker 1: I want the unlimited snacks too, because they come. They keep coming around with all those snacks. I get chipped best off, I get gummys. Yes, I get the sun chips and the sea salt chips. No, I ain't giving that up. You got, hey, I get normally somebody else, they'd be back there and everybody be looking at them. How you get how you get to play the shrimp? Ash be eating? Ash be eating shrimp in front of the people. I said, Ash, because I have I have a flight attendance to take my stuff, like yeah, and she eating it in front of the people. And I wish somebody would be eating a plate of shrimp back there in front of me. I'm gona knock all that ship down. You gonna eat what I'd be eating. You will hear one of those one of those boxes, one of those cheese eat boxes. Yeah, and that's why that's what you're gonna be eating on Ash beating don't even care. I'm pretty sure she ain't offered nobody nothing. Because that's one thing about Ash the one thing I tell you about Ash appetite. Yeah, she never she ain't never lost her. We go anywhere, Yeah, Ash goes as you want some of this, I'll try it. You did more than try to, Ash. You ain't damn there to lp he try to like you take a bite or you get one? You eating half of it or eating four when there's only six. That's more than try right up my right up, my alley. Ash is the you remember Mikey the Life SERI you remember Mikey.
Speaker 2: That's Ash. She'll try she will eat anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That was a good commercial, man, little Mikey.
Speaker 2: Man. All right on your nice time for Q and A already already? What time? What time? What time is it over there to almost eleven?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, ship is going on to a clock? Oh I like this A see I'm good though. See I took, I took. I took a nap today, so I'm I'm I'm wind.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I said a little video to somebody, you know, I feel it good today. I seen a video to somebody. I was in the other rug. He busted out laughing.
Speaker 2: I said, man, what you laughing at?
Speaker 1: What's funny? Rick Kwan Horward said, that's uh. That was totally worth the way for the first game of the season. Love y'all, uncle on y'all all, shout out to all night Caps. Yes, uh, that game was unbelievable. Like I said, if the regular season is anything like the first game it came, it was very suspenseful. Suspenseful came down to the final play of the game. I just read that that Lamar said he thinks that was a touchdown to Mark. That wasn't a touchdown. Bro Its feet was out. His foot was out of bounds. It was out about it. I get it, you get that close, but no, his foot was out of bounds. Requiring man, thank you for the support, thanks for watching. How many people we had in the chat, I mean I think we had like Welma's got forty thousand. Thank you guys for coming back. Hey, good people. Congratulations on success a Nightcap. You're approaching the one year anniversary. Anything any plans to celebrate, whether they be commemorate the eighty four merch. I hope liberation is involved in your celebration. Blessings and more success. Yeah, what we're gonna do when is our one year anniversary? October eighth is when we started the channel, so we back come out with some merch. Yeah sure, uh huh, yeah, we have some confetti and you know, nobody being some giveaway some of the old rubies.
Speaker 2: Anybody wants some rubies in the chat them spoking them sparks. Oh Joe, Hey, I'm gonna try one. I'm gonna hey, listen, I'm gonna try one for really. I just want to I just want to see. They thought the drill team.
Speaker 1: Drilling dad, o Joe, you ain't to be drilling bit like this here.
Speaker 2: They work hard.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing like when you like, you do something and you work like a play. Oh you know you work on the play all week.
Speaker 2: You call it a game and not more for work. Yeah, and that's a great feeling. Pin't nothing like them rubies. They work, Yeah, they work.
Speaker 3: That's a great feeling. Bad And they're gonna be perfect. It's gonna be perfect because I'm on the road. I'm on the road now to the end of the month. I'm on the road to the end of the month. So when I come back at the end of that road, like boys and men, I need to try. I need to try with them sparks. Now you got in the neighbors. Nah, No, okay, they did the real deal.
Speaker 2: O Joe. We're gonna see what the hype about now.
Speaker 1: The boy they get buttered from a dunk, they get buttered from a dump. You don't hate, Yeah, Badu Zach is saying, Okay, no Jo, y'all keep it real. So let's talk about this. She Wrights playing the game that called Baltimore non calls for Kansas City by the rep the illegal time out that the chiefs d C.
Speaker 2: Is it not obvious the fix we're in for Kansas City? Did what fixed? God damn fixed? Right?
Speaker 1: I take the.
Speaker 3: Only thing I ain't like. I mean, just I'm gonna get it, get it off. I understand understand what he talking about.
Speaker 2: There was no fix.
Speaker 3: There is no goddamn fixed them. Not what I didn't like at the beginning of the game, the refs making it about them. Now, Uncle, you you gave me a better explanation on why you felt the tackles being set back a little bit further was an advantage for them. Okay, I understand that now. I thought, you know, being a little closer it would be better for them. But you, with your explanation, it lets me know that it wasn't Now that got that irritated me a lot, a lot. It really irritated me because it felt like the rest were making the game about them. Now, outside of that, it was a good game, you know, just nick picking at all the other stuff and timeouts and all this other stuff.
Speaker 2: But we'll go ahead and make your point. Yeah, you know what, We're gonna come out with a.
Speaker 1: Nightcap starter pack, tooth sparks, grip socks, chap stick.
Speaker 2: I like that, especially especially the grip.
Speaker 3: Well hey listen, if we get some nightcap grip socks, boy, that's gonna be funny.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be funny for them, them grip socks. But you understand, Hey, what I think we came out with some nightcap boxers, breefe and boxes. You a brief, I ain't got no I ain't got no choice.
Speaker 1: Well, we used to call I don't know what they used to call it, but we used to call them jockey shorts. Well, briefe, is that's the same thing, jockey shorts?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, But I were like, think I were like impressions. I wear like impressions. That's what I'm talking about. When I think boxes, I think of like the plaid boxes we used to get back in the day, from the from.
Speaker 2: The from the gas station. Oh the car I got on right now, Yeah, them them days over.
Speaker 3: Man, we used to we used to wear a pair of shorts under your jeans to go to go to school.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, man, I had I had a teammate used to play. He used to play in Fruit of the Lose, to play the draws. Yeah, we're gonna get that. We get that night camp starter uh in Manuo a gooonle bag wasn't feeling officiated tonight. I felt there were too many illegal formation calls against the Ravens and too little against the Chiefs. Look, I think normally the first game is really penalized because the teams are trying to figure out what they can get away with. So now what we would do is like when I tackled it back up. That means I had to back up because we didn't want it to look so obvious. Because see, O Joe, I like the crowd the ball. Yeah, I'm trying to crowd it.
Speaker 2: Back up as much as you can. Yes, so I get it.
Speaker 1: I think you Look, you go back to the drawing board, expect whatever the whatever the offense, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: He says, Okay, let's back let's let's back it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Hey, wide receivers, tight end help us out. Maybe y'all don't crowd so much so it doesn't become so obvious that the tackle is so far back. So you just you just play with it because y'all, look, I don't want to get penalized, but I want to see how far I can push the envelope because I'm trying to gain a competitive advantage because as a defensive player, what they try to do they try to crowd the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my job is to.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm gonna try to look, it doesn't do me no good to crowd the ball and get a catch when they're gonna call it back for illegal formation every time. I would rather be a little step and slow off the ball and somebody catch it and we get to play to go as opposed to crowding it and then we get an illegal ormation and it is coming back illegal ship illegal no no, So.
Speaker 2: Emo saying, hey, congratulations on everything. You'll know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: My questions on the Ravens Chief game tonight should have stopped in the end zone. When Lamar threw it seems like miscommunication. What do you think he doesn't know? He doesn't know if the safety is coming. See the safety was supposed to come.
Speaker 2: He stopped. He gotta keep going.
Speaker 1: But they doesn't know that. They doesn't know. Oh he stops and let me stop. No he's trying to I'm running free. I never assumed that the guy stopped. Yeah, so no, no he didn't. They did the right thing, Lamar. Just look, they'll do a better job of communicating. But that's what happens. I mean, it's a game. It's full speed. He doesn't know the guys he's sit down in his zone because he didn't sick stop. You see if he stopped, he just stopped, just stopped. And I don't know why he stopped because the guy crossed his face. You gotta run through that. Yeah, but no, no, I don't think I don't think he should have stopped. Dre maxhow said, if the Chiefs defense legit, yes, yeah, you're very good. He's still anybody's gonna be able to do like Lamar. Now, first of all, how many quarterbacks you can go run? Get fifteen sixteen carres and run for a buck?
Speaker 2: Twenty two.
Speaker 1: How many quarterbacks gonna be able to make the throw that he made the likely make the throw that he made Bateman up the sideline.
Speaker 2: They't very many quarterbacks they make that. Hell yeah, they're good, very good.
Speaker 1: It's tough to play a guy like Lamar Ocho because the thing is is that your instinct says, go get the quarterback, but if you run past it, he gonna jump out the window. And you see even the second time, Chris Jones, he bulled the running back, but he went up the edge. Should have bulled straight through it. Because the last thing I want to do is give Lamar Lamar creest me on that last play. I'm a blessing because the last thing I wanted to do is to buy time. I'm gonna make him make a I'm gonna make it, make a decision instantaneous him. I got to yeah, yeah, because you see what happened when you let him by time. He gonna buy time. He gonn somebody gona run around. The guy gonna keep running around and boom, almost had a chance to you know, score touchdown to get a two point con version. But no, the Chiefs defense are legit. Matthew Conflin, says chiefs A. Halt was using money he robbed the bet on games. I'm a KC fan of living. KC followed the news quite a bit. He was betting on the game. I guess he was traveling, probably traveling to the games. Also, Joe, see told you.
Speaker 3: I told you wasn't spending no money on nothing crazy.
Speaker 2: It was gonna be something simple. Betting ain't simple, Joe.
Speaker 3: I mean you know what I mean when when most people steal money from banks, they gonna do wild, luxurious stuff like yeah, you know, you know I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To say, you would you would? What were you done with the money if I if I was, if I was a bank robber?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Shoot, I keep living the same life I'm living right now, but there will be signs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what the hell you robbed the base for? If you go keep living the same lifestyle.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, I was making means and means of dollars and still living the same lifestyle. I've never changed still to this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean living in the city, ain't Liberty City. You don't live in Liberty City. No, I don't. I ain't too far. Yeah, you fought, you fought that's a that's a whole side of town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's funny when you think about it, though, when you think about the word Liberty City, I think it's a whole different side of town. Everything is gentrified now many everything that gentrified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, charge your arm of the leg to get that proper. Boy.
Speaker 1: They probably bought the old how little there for like three They probably gave them people like three four hundred thousand dollars and not them how they're gonna charge people two three million dollars for those same those same houses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's different, man, It's like that everywhere too.
Speaker 2: Uh kemper know what? JR? Asked?
Speaker 1: Who will lead the league in rushing in twenty twenty four, twenty five seasons?
Speaker 2: Ocho, who you got Mac? Do you think so? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, most definitely, most definitely. I think because Derrick, Henry and Lamar are gonna gonna be splitting. I hate using this word, saying splitting the carries, but I'm just saying this is what is just the build of the offense. I think Semac will have more opportunities and have Yeah see Wax, I mean I would say say, I say Kwann would be a good choice as.
Speaker 2: Well take some of that pressure off. Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in sa Quana's special Man, I still don't understand how the damn Giants let him go.
Speaker 2: That's that that that was weird. Uh what about Uh? What's the guy in an Indy? Oh?
Speaker 3: Jonathan Taylor, Yeah, that's a good that's a good choice. Well, hell, if that's the case, then Breece Hall is a good choice too. Yeah, Jonathan Taylor and Breece Hawker hit their head off the gold post from anywhere on the field.
Speaker 1: But see, I think the thing is is that you still have a young quarterback, so he's gonna probably get a lot of a little more carries than brief, Right, But I do but I do understand, and I like the direction that you were heading in Robert.
Speaker 3: That's a good not just saying to get the ball out of Anthy and Richards's hands.
Speaker 2: Kevin Roberts. Not all players have legacies.
Speaker 1: What accomplishments are required to be considered a legacy player? Who are some of the French legacy players playing out? It's ocho, it's sterling much love h That's that's a new question. Uh okay, I mean it definitely helps if you won, if you're a good player on the championship team, they'll never forget you. They'll never forget you, Joe, even though our offense wasn't that great and in Baltimore we won a Super Bowl that we're still gonna be special, specially the guys that they know. I mean, obviously they gonna ate j oh because Jo's in the Hall of Fame. He's one of the greatest left tackles and one of the greatest offensive linement to ever play. But guys like myself and Jamal and Trent Cadred, Jermaine, guys that they like recognize. But then you go to that defense and everybody on the defenses, it's over there. They know everybody. They know everybody Goose and and Sam and Rob and mcquarie and Pete and Sugar and and and Jamie Sugar. I mean a woody McAllister, they I mean, when you deal with it's kind of like the steel curtains.
Speaker 2: You know everybody on the Stee Curry you know, everybody leading the boom.
Speaker 1: Yeah you you you know it on Joe the Greatest Show on Turn you know Warner you know uh uh uh and Tory Holt and Reverenni Marshall. Yeah, I think it varies for team, the team, player the player. But when you play well in the city, that that that breeds breed the lives leap football like I did in Denver, Avalanche of wons, Stanley Cubs, the Nuggets have not won.
Speaker 5: It's a Bronco country for reason. Now, it'd be tough in Boston because you got the Red Sox, you got the Bruins, you got the Celtics and the Patriots, and all those won a lot before the Patriots started winning.
Speaker 1: Now the Patriots won the most recent officers. The Celtics just won the championship.
Speaker 2: But so it's hard. You got to win.
Speaker 1: Hey, you ain't gonna just be no joke. No, you got to win in Boston. You got to win and a lot. That's why they love big Poppy Bird Brady. Yeah, uh, Bobby, or you gotta win Boston a late mm hmmm, just like New York Yankees Giants, they had the Islanders, the Rangers. You gotta win, you win. You in Willie E said I need not kept live in table so I could beat Ojo and Spello like I did in Houston. I love you guys. Thanks for inspiring me my generation. They're on me and my wife next time, all the time. Appreciate it, Willen.
Speaker 2: Will you got Lucky Bray? He did easy a questions. No, don't do that, o Joe. Now they were too easy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You told gys, go ahead, what are you gonna say? You try it? I think you try.
Speaker 3: I forgot the word you had me try and spell man against really man dang.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh Joe, the man one man beat you fair and square. Oho. I was hurting with the words man man, that man beat you fair and square. Ojo.
Speaker 1: Guys, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button, and remember welcome to our debut of our members only chat. Go ahead and click the join button from a browser and not the app to join and become a member. I'm your favorite on Shadon Sharp. He's your favorite number eighty five or rout Runner Extraordinary. He's the Bingo Ring of Fame, Artery, the legendary pro bowler all pro from Liberty City. That's chat, o Jo Sinko Johnson. Guys, Please please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast. Feed wherever you get your podcast from, and remember every subscriber counts, and thank you so much for being a part of Nightcap. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. If we don't have it in a state or city near you, you can order it and we'll ship it right to your door. We have it in Stop, so thank you very much. Please go follow my media company pages page on all platforms. That's Shayshaped Media and my clothing company eighty four. That's eighty four spelled out. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Tour shirts and hats drop today use code VIP for an additional ten percent off. Thank you for joining us a Nightcap. We'll see you Saturday for College Football edition. I'm Up, He's O Joe, We're Out.