Speaker 1: Mes ay, little splash of rose water.
Speaker 2: A couple squeezes of date molasses, a lot of water and.
Speaker 3: Star Lisa, what are you making?
Speaker 1: I'm making jelab. Billy wants to know what jalab is.
Speaker 3: Well, jelab is a drink.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of, Jeela.
Speaker 2: It's a special drink. I'm making it for Ramadan.
Speaker 1: Wo yep, I have been exploring a Ramadan cookbook and I learned about jalab and.
Speaker 2: How it's a refreshing drink.
Speaker 1: Now the final touch a sprinkle of kine nuts On talking Lingo Kids listeners, Let's learn more about food and drinks for special holidays and what is.
Speaker 4: Date molasses anyways?
Speaker 1: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of clay learning.
Speaker 3: Today we will talk about some upcoming.
Speaker 1: Holidays and the fun, special, and delicious ways people like to celebrate them. This year, Ramadan, Easter, and Passover all happen around the same time. What are some things they have in common and what makes each one unique. Let's visit the spring celebrations fair to find out. Billy says he's thirsty. He hasn't had anything to eat or drink in a long time. My jalab will be perfect for you.
Speaker 2: It's refreshing.
Speaker 3: Why will it be perfect?
Speaker 1: Billy wants to know, Well, jalab is the kind of drink people like to have after they fast all day for Ramadan.
Speaker 4: What's round again?
Speaker 2: It's a holiday?
Speaker 4: Oh? Ramadan is a holiday.
Speaker 1: That's right, Lisa and Callie. It's an important holiday for people who are Muslim, and it includes fasting.
Speaker 4: So does everyone run fast during Ranada? I can run fast.
Speaker 1: Actually, this is a different kind of fast. It's not about running quickly.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: Fast also means not eating or drinking.
Speaker 4: Not eating or drinking. Why would anybody do that?
Speaker 1: Well, people fast during the many days of Ramadan so they can spend extra time doing nice things for others, thinking quietly and feeling grateful.
Speaker 3: But little kids don't usually fast.
Speaker 1: Fasting means not eating. Yep, and guess what I learned for Ramadan? People fast when the sun goes up all the way until it gets dark.
Speaker 4: Woa.
Speaker 1: Well, Billy has been fasting for at least an hour. Billy wants to try the gelop drink. He says it tastes delicious, and refreshing.
Speaker 3: That's just what I was all being for.
Speaker 1: Did you know that people often end their fast by eating YENGI dates? I knew that, But my assignment before the Spring Celebrations Fair was to make a drink, and I made July.
Speaker 4: Well, I brought something too.
Speaker 2: What did you bring, Elliott?
Speaker 5: I brought a special food for Passover that's a wholiday for Jewish people.
Speaker 2: Is it mozzo?
Speaker 4: Nope? Well kind of wait? What's matzo?
Speaker 1: Mozzo is a big flat cracker that people eat during Passover. Oh, if you didn't bring monzo, but you kind of did bring monzo, then I'm not.
Speaker 3: Sure what you brought.
Speaker 5: I brought fried monso. It's like mozzo but better. What in the world is fried motzo. It's mozzo and eggs together. It's kind of like smashed up.
Speaker 4: French toast motsa style that sounds good?
Speaker 2: Can we try it?
Speaker 4: Sure? Here you go, honey, me.
Speaker 3: Billy likes it.
Speaker 4: That smashed up French toast matzo style really is tasty. Yep, fried matso some.
Speaker 1: People call it matsa broad that's a Yiddish language word. Did anybody else bring food to share for the Spring Celebrations Fair?
Speaker 4: I did, Yay more holiday foods. What did you bring? COWI I'll give your hints. My thing is for a different holiday that Christian people celebrate.
Speaker 2: It's for Easter. Is it a bunny?
Speaker 4: Yes? Is it? Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it an onmeal bunny?
Speaker 4: Nope, it's not a oat meal bunny.
Speaker 3: Billy wants to know. Is it a bird seed bunny?
Speaker 4: Nope? One another hen, Yeah, my teacher told me to bring a treat. Is it a chocolate bunny?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: That sounds so yummy.
Speaker 4: Cow, we can we eat chocolate Easter bunny? Nope? God, save it for the Spring Celebrations Fair? Please? Wow, please?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: Maybe just one middle ear?
Speaker 1: You all brought something to share at the Spring Celebrations Fair. And the things you brought are for three different holidays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the holidays all have their own additions. Oops, I mean traditions.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Traditions are the ways people celebrate or the kinds of things they like to do.
Speaker 3: Holidays have tons of traditions.
Speaker 1: Like eating special foods yep, and other things too.
Speaker 4: What other things?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: During Easter, kids hunt all around for hidden Easter eggs.
Speaker 3: That's a tradition.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And during Passover kids hunt all around for a hidden piece of mazzo called the afi coma.
Speaker 4: That's another tradition, different but kind of similar. Yeah. Cool.
Speaker 1: Ramadan also has a tradition that's just for kids. It's not a hunting game, though, what is it? In some countries in the middle of Ramadan, kids put on special clothes and.
Speaker 3: Walk through the neighborhoods singing songs. Then everyone gives them candy. It's called Garghian.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: That that's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Billy.
Speaker 1: Family is a big part of all these holidays, especially spending time together. Each family has their own traditions too. Lingo Kids listeners, does your family have any special traditions during spring holidays?
Speaker 3: It's time for the spring celebrations.
Speaker 2: Fair.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: This is so exciting traditions.
Speaker 2: Let's dance. Okay, where's the rest of that chocolate bunny?
Speaker 4: It was right here, but I can't find it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Billy ate it, Billy Billy Lingo Kids Listeners, thanks for sampling some fun and delicious holiday traditions. It was interesting to learn about special foods and games that people enjoy for Passover, Easter and Ramadan. We got to notice some different traditions and some similar ones. We learned that not everyone celebrates the same holidays, and that's okay. It's exciting to share traditions and learn about each other.
Speaker 3: If you are ready for.
Speaker 1: Interactive play learning time, explore our Lingo Kids app. It offers fun and educational songs and games to help kids ages two and older learn and develop important skills such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity. That's the power of play learning. See you in our next episode.